Speaker 1: The second date up date. I know Brooke has said multiple times, almost suspiciously, that she's not on any dating apps. Brings it up. Hey, what are you doing over there wiping range of men online?
Speaker 2: That's for sure.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: We're all gonna believe her on this. But let's say Brooke was on the apps. Okay, what would her profiles say?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: My god, probably give me your name, phone number, and how many cheetos you can fit in your mouth altimately after phone number, so nobody would understand the cheeto joke and.
Speaker 5: Those puffs or the classics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, not sure what that means. But I come from a clown family. Ask me more.
Speaker 5: It's a magician, Okay, don't.
Speaker 1: Help the bottom line, it would probably be a total disaster. But what about the rest of the normal people out there? What's on they're dating? Let's find out and talk to Elena, who emailed the show for help. Welcome to the chaos.
Speaker 6: Hey Elena, Hey everyone.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 5: Elena was swipe brd on me.
Speaker 2: Totally?
Speaker 1: The ladies or the guys?
Speaker 6: Well, right now we're talking about Trey, okay, okay, and what.
Speaker 1: Does Trey have on his dating profile that stuck out to you.
Speaker 6: You know what a couple of things. I mean one physically beautiful eyes, gorgeous smile, I mean just typical, like dropped in.
Speaker 5: And then an average of ten cheetos.
Speaker 1: Right flay obsession. Yeah, okay, so he's a beautiful man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And what did stick out was he loves adventures. He like wants to fill his time with his hobbies of adventures.
Speaker 5: What does that mean? That's so vague, Like is he specific on that?
Speaker 6: Well, he liked biking, I mean just that's like outdoorsy stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, adventures makes it sound like he likes to get out and travel and see new things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, rock Line, that's what I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a really nice thing to say in your profile, even if it isn't true. So did you did you meet up with him?
Speaker 6: We did. We got some drinks and right when he walked in he looked so much smaller in person like his pictures. Yeah, I made him look just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Are you talking size?
Speaker 6: Like everything everything is small? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And that from your voice, it sounds like you were disappointed in how he looked physically. Is that true?
Speaker 5: Usually smaller the guy isn't exciting.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, about the size about how you use it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want he said, everything that's muscles, that's everything smaller, it's it's just a different Well okay, so I did bring it up. I was like, you know what, I'm kind of surprised, like in your photos it looks just a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Wow, what.
Speaker 5: Did you say?
Speaker 6: What doesn't mean about it? Guys?
Speaker 5: I don't know. But also if he's a Cafish, he should get called out.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's a thing. There's so much craziness online. But he was laughing about it. He says, actually, I'm on a health kick. And I was like, oh, really kind of health kick are you on? And he's like, it's a huge health kick. So I've definitely lost like thirty pounds and recently.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh okay, And you're like you didn't need to. I liked you when you were bolky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't know, That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you could shrink from that stuff too, Like, well, I.
Speaker 6: Couldn't see, but you know what I'm saying, Like it's small. So anyway, you not believe this. This man tells me he has a treadmill in every single room in his house.
Speaker 5: What room. Was that a joke?
Speaker 6: So I start laughing because I'm like, oh wow, crazy health kick yeah, and he says, no, really, My buddy and I cleaned out a warehouse that had a bunch of treadmills, ellipticals, blah blah blah. So they sold a bunch of them, but there were just some leftover, so I kept a lot of them.
Speaker 1: So he's got like a little mini twenty four hour fitness in his apartment.
Speaker 5: He's got an area in each room to throw all his clothes.
Speaker 1: On drying rats.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this.
Speaker 5: Isn't a red flag.
Speaker 6: To you, and maybe nice to mix up the scenery.
Speaker 1: He keeps him motivated. If he keeps seeing the treadmill, he'll want to eventually get frost.
Speaker 6: There was intimidating too.
Speaker 5: It was intimidating a little bit a little bit.
Speaker 6: Too, but you know, it's a conversation. We ended up laughing about it, and then it was like we're having drinks, but we started having those fun like hey, let's go on another date, let's see each other again, let's yeah, And it turns out super fun and out of the blue, he says to me, Hey, what would you do if I show up at your house tomorrow and say hey, let's go to the Virgin Islands and we leave him three hours what whoa, that's crazy?
Speaker 4: And I was like, heck, yeah, oh you said, yes, you're like a wild child, you're ready to go.
Speaker 1: Was that a joker? Was he serious?
Speaker 6: You know? I think if he just threw it out hypothetically, the drifts. But I am an adventurous lady.
Speaker 5: That's interesting.
Speaker 4: So he sounds like I mean, also like he's just a big dreamer, right, like he's always got some big grand plan and and you love that idea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it was fun to like daydream like that.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so how did that night end?
Speaker 5: Not in the Cayman Islands.
Speaker 6: No, not in the payment unfortunately. Well we said by with a with a hug, which was kind.
Speaker 5: Of no kiss.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no kiss.
Speaker 5: You said a guy like that would go in for a kiss if he was really wanting to.
Speaker 6: Take you thought so too.
Speaker 1: And it was a hug that wasn't as big of a hug as she was expecting.
Speaker 5: My arms just kept going.
Speaker 1: And he wasn't there to pick you up the next day like he through.
Speaker 6: He definitely didn't come by.
Speaker 1: He didn't come by.
Speaker 6: It's been like a week.
Speaker 5: It's been a week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I don't know what I did. I keep thinking was I too much like a friend?
Speaker 3: Almost?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: No, sometimes those big dreamer people can also be big flaky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like, it's like a lot of talk and not a lot of following. It's off hiking a mountain somewhere. That could be.
Speaker 1: But your email to us said that you've been texting with Trey a few times.
Speaker 6: Well, I've been texting. He just hasn't responded.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's just waiting for you to show up at his house.
Speaker 1: What if he's literally in the Cayman Islands and was like, oh, I forgot to pick her up. Yeah, it's like the Jamaican version of Home Alone. But we're gonna hopefully bring it to a happy conclusion. When we come back. We'll call tray for you and try and get you your second date update, get you over to one of those islands right after this. Okay, awesome, hold on second date update. One man, one woman, and twenty treadmills, all running at.
Speaker 2: The exact same It's a.
Speaker 1: Four hundred meters sprinting.
Speaker 3: At least.
Speaker 1: How it's going for our listener. Elena's funny guy she was recently out with, named Trey. Because they went and grabbed some drinks, she learned that he really does have treadmills in every single room of his house.
Speaker 5: Nuts.
Speaker 1: That was the weird part of the night. Afterwards, it got a lot better from there, and they were laughing together. They were planning future dates, and he even threw out a theoretical of maybe taking her to an exotic island, showing up at her house and just whisking her away, and it got her really excited. But it's been a week since that date happened and there has been no second date and no trips abroad.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like you felt like you recovered from the very beginning. But maybe he just really was insulted when you told him he was smaller than in his pictures. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and maybe because after you padded him on the head afterthing. Do you think that's possible, Elena?
Speaker 6: Possible? I don't know. It was a pretty fun conversation after that.
Speaker 4: I do knowctions I couldn't get over a guy telling me I looked bigger than in my pictures.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't know that I'm working a lot, So that's true.
Speaker 1: Let's see, we're gonna call him right now. Hopefully he's not in the middle of one of his treadmill workouts.
Speaker 5: But that'd be amazing.
Speaker 1: Like a hamster.
Speaker 5: I'm in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Let's try and call on.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Hello, I think I think you're good?
Speaker 1: Is Trey? Yeah, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: How many people are on the phone? Wait, what did you say?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Answer your first question? Four people are in this room. And this is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning that you're on right now.
Speaker 4: Hey, why Yeah, great question, A good question.
Speaker 1: You're sharp.
Speaker 2: We like that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is a segment called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners get a hold of you and maybe even see if we can hook you up for another date because you went out with her already one time named Elena.
Speaker 2: Oh oh you remember right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know who Elena is.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, did she.
Speaker 3: Have you call me?
Speaker 5: Uh huh yeah.
Speaker 1: That's how the segment works. We kind of get a vibe of how the first date went, and then we reach out on her behalf to try and figure out how we can get YouTube back together.
Speaker 5: There's a reason she's confused.
Speaker 4: It sounds like on your date, you guys were talking a lot about like going out again and how fun that'd be.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, we had a good time. She seems like she's fun and that's great.
Speaker 1: She said a lot of the same stuff about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is I don't know. There is a moment though. It was kind of a deal breaker for me, so I don't think that's going to be working out.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Well.
Speaker 2: That's all right.
Speaker 1: I mean you're allowed to have your opinions on stuff, but it would help if maybe we could know about the moment and pass that along to Elena, just to help her out.
Speaker 4: Right, It make her feel better to have some closure in sights.
Speaker 1: Would you mind sharing?
Speaker 3: Okay, y weird? Okay, I guess I should explain that I have this thing that I do when I go out on date with someone for the first time. It's kind of like a lightness test.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've heard a few of these before.
Speaker 4: We do a lot of these dating segments, and there's a lot of people that have different types of tests when they go out and they usually don't end very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but books still she loves them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Marriage now, I mean.
Speaker 3: I usually ask something to the effect of like, if I show up at your door tomorrow and say a plane's leaving in three hours and we're going to the islands, you want to come?
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, that's the test.
Speaker 1: Actually fun. Well, she mentioned that to us. She said that she was on the right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she told us it was a fun hypothetical question that you asked on the date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she tell you how she responded.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I'm down to travel or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, that's the that's the wrong answer to that question. That's like the worst answer you can give me.
Speaker 5: Wait, let's go.
Speaker 1: Is the wrong answer if you're inviting someone to do something and they agree.
Speaker 5: I thought you were like adventure boys.
Speaker 1: What's the right answer?
Speaker 3: The right answer is let me check and see if I can, or you know, let me look at my schedule, or you know, I'll have to tell to my friends, or anything really, anything else that indicates that you've got a life of your own that you're living.
Speaker 1: Oh, you drop everything for a stranger. I could kind of see.
Speaker 5: But it was a hypothetical question.
Speaker 4: Like you weren't actually doing it, Like honestly, if you actually showed up at her door, she probably would have to make some pre arrangements.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and maybe, but she got very excited, kept saying, you know, I'm gonna pack my bags and be ready to go. She had no indication that she has any responsibilities, that she.
Speaker 2: Has a career out.
Speaker 6: Oh, hold on, no responsibil Yeah, spontaneous.
Speaker 1: Well, it's too late to surprise him with it now, because Trey, you probably are your voice at this point. That's Elena who's been waiting to talk.
Speaker 3: Gray.
Speaker 6: You're so funny, because you know it's so funny about my responsibilities? Is I probably make three times what you make?
Speaker 5: Oh? I mean not the point. I guess that's a flex Like, good on you, Elena, But why do you bring that up?
Speaker 6: I don't think that's okay.
Speaker 1: Hold on, we need we need one of you at a time. Trey, what do you have to say to Elena that she makes three times as much as you?
Speaker 3: I say, that's really unlikely. I don't believe that's true. And even if it were true, it has nothing to do with anything right now.
Speaker 6: Okay, So he sells, He sells treadmills on the side. Guys, if you ever need salary, he's very selling those things.
Speaker 1: All right, let's settle this once. We'll settle this once and for all. Let's all go around the room and say how much money we make you?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, Trey, that should be great news for you, because then Elena can pay for the Cayman Islands vacation and take you with her.
Speaker 3: Let's hop in the PJ and fly down there. I'm sure she's got one.
Speaker 5: It all seems so silly. You guys are fighting about a hypothetical question.
Speaker 1: Is it just a hypothetical question or trade? Do you really do this and actually take women to islands? If if they give you the right answer and say, let me check my schedule first, you.
Speaker 5: Sound very eager, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: I want to know, very very busy man. I've got a lot of hobbies and responsibilities.
Speaker 3: If she answers, you know, she gives a good answer to the question, we get a second date and maybe it goes from there.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it is in the cards.
Speaker 3: It's like the card. Absolutely, yeah, I've done it before, but it's not something that's going to happen the first night we meet.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're like the troll under the bridge with the riddles. If you answer me directly, then you can pass.
Speaker 1: There you go, and you're saying like no, not for me, Like why are you so closed off to it?
Speaker 6: Are you really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I would never now that I know he tests and that there's all these like hypothetical and it's just no, I'm over it.
Speaker 1: There's not all these hypotheticals in all these hoops. It's just one question. But now I kind of her.
Speaker 3: Point because it's like he could be like, hey, do you want dessert and she's like no, and he's like, oh, well you just failed another test.
Speaker 6: It's a lot another test.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone's entire life on how they answer that question hypathetical.
Speaker 3: You know what, it's my prerogative cast questions. Don't want to ask on my first dage. But the fact that she brought out money right away to try to one out me is a huge red flag with a really low class move. It helps me.
Speaker 2: I made the restaurant.
Speaker 6: You're the one that said I didn't have responsibilities. I just wanted to let you know that my house is fully paid off and I have plenty of them to go around. So That's the thing is you didn't even ask, but you're going to bring up that I don't have responsibilities to make yourself look good, Babe.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's I mean, I know you guys are this climate kind of fighting right now, but I really feel they're a good match.
Speaker 1: Hypothetically.
Speaker 3: Hypothetically, if that never happened, we might have managed. You didn't get me on the radio to put me on the spot.
Speaker 1: It's our fault. Yeah, see that's her test, my fault.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 6: This is the type of guy he is. I see. I'm winner yea.
Speaker 1: Even though this is going horribly, I'm gonna ask anyway to send you guys out on a second date that we would pay for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we make so much money though.
Speaker 1: We can't go. We can't cross country borders. Keep it within the area code on the caman ions. Maybe like a Caribbean restaurant, anybody.
Speaker 6: That's a big heart for me. That's a note for me.
Speaker 3: We had a lot of fun on that first day, but it's a note for me.
Speaker 1: Well, youtual, No, I don't. I'd like to offered to send Trey and me to a private island. Trey, Helena, will you pay for it not.
Speaker 6: May definitely not.
Speaker 1: You think all the money your house has already paid off Brooke
Speaker 6: And Jeffrey in the morning,