Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can buy your Allegedly and my Boys mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right. Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and.
Speaker 2: Your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality the King.
Speaker 2: It's me Carlos Kings the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows, and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. On the SAME's episode of Reality King, we have to discuss the end of an error, not the end of an era, my sweet darlings.
Speaker 2: It's the end of an error, because I'm not sure why we did not get a reunion like that Off the World special was.
Speaker 1: Not off the chain.
Speaker 2: It was office Rocker and I want to like hop off of this train that I was on watching that one hour. But I have a special guest because I could not do this episode alone because we have to debate like the new cast for next season, and I want somebody who I know is going to disagree with me and have his own opinion.
Speaker 1: We're gonna beak for a great conversation.
Speaker 2: So give it up for the lovely entertainment journalist reporter. In addition to podcast host Gibson.
Speaker 3: John's Carlos always a pleasure you on my show. I was on your show before that. We're just kind of we're going back and forth, and I like, again, we do disagree with one another a good amount, but it's a cordial disagreement and that's what we love.
Speaker 2: So absolutely absolutely, it's very cordial, which is how things should be. So let's get right into it. That Off the Rail special was a waste of my time. I'm just listen. My audience knows. I keep it straight, no chaser. It was a waste of time. I do not understand for the life of me why there could not be a reunion because the finale, to me, by the way, one of the most epic finales Jersey had so but it wasn't that bad to where I felt like the cast could not address each other and even if they just don't ever be friends again. I felt like we were robbed of not having what could have been essentially gibson a ratings the epic reunion that could have matched last season's epic three part reunion, which I like to call it was the Teresa Versus Melissa show, and I was here for it.
Speaker 1: But let me hear from you. What did you think about the Off the Rails special.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he had kept on saying, you know, the audience will see, they'll understand why we couldn't do reunion. I don't think that that has fully connected. I have to say, and you know, let's just say we're accepting the fact we got this Off the Rails reunion. It's a watch party whatever. Even it was just too unstructured for me. If it felt like people people have been comparent, like for the people's couch, and that's kind of what it was like, like an all star episode of that. I just felt like, if we're gonna keep them in separate rooms, I guess that was just sort of the m like they can't be in the physically in the same space, at least have a producer in there who's prodding them with questions and kind of you know, instigating the conversation. There were more like there were still things that are left on the table in that regard to so it just kind of felt like if we're not even gonna do that, Like nobody really wanted to like relive the finale, the just that be it, and that's kind of other than a couple of moments I found interesting, that was kind of what we got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could not agree more.
Speaker 2: I just felt like, honey, I could go on YouTube and watch people rewatch the reunion. I don't want to see my girls getting dalled up. They all look gorgeous. All of them looked beautiful. I love the looks too.
Speaker 1: I didn't I didn't need to see a watch.
Speaker 2: Party, Like I can go over my gaze house and and and and watch it with them over and over again, which is what I do, And it would have been more satisfying than seeing my girls have to watch a plasma screen from office depot in a restaurant where they want us upstairs the others down downstairs. So for me, I was like, this entire season was about the vision and the last thing I wanted was to see a continuation of divide I felt like the only thing that us, the audience wanted, was like, Okay, let's have them all in the same room. Let's have them all address each other, Let's have them all talk about where things went wrong, and then see at least a satisfying finale of some sorts of Like, you know what, I least like the fact that I saw you girls address each other for the last time, and I wish you all best in your future endeavors, which is what I've said to all my ex boyfriends.
Speaker 1: So gibsid like, yeah, what what are we doing it?
Speaker 3: It's also just like you think back to past moments when people have shown up to reunions that would have been that revery difficult to show up too, Like even just last year, Ariano Maatic showing up to that reunion and facing off with rock Hell and Tom like that was fucking hard for her to do, and she did it and we got a fantastic reunion out of that. Nobody came to blows, nobody whatever, And like, I don't know if that's Do you think it was like them being scared of the things were going to get physical again? Do you think it was just like they were throwing in the towel, there was going to be no resolution, Like I don't fully understand that. I don't fully understand the reasoning still because I don't know, And it wasn't just about Teresa Melissa. There were so many other dynamics that I wanted resolution on. I wanted I wanted Jackie and Teresa talk out, like, you know, Jackie reacting Teresa saying that she was initially using her to get intel on March. I wanted Delores and Margaret to really hash out watching that fight back and what they were saying in the confessionals about that fight. I wanted to see obviously, I wanted to see Jen and Danielle still still kind of chat through some of that stuff, Like there's a lot there. It's more than just this family fight. It's way this season gave us a lot more in terms of the different dynamics than the group, and now we're just sort of like left shrugging and thinking they'll just none of them will ever repair anything. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think the reason why this special happened is because we all know where we were when OJ drove the White Bronco.
Speaker 1: We all know where we were.
Speaker 2: Okay, like there's Mama's in history that would be like, you know, American history books.
Speaker 1: The other thing in American history books is.
Speaker 2: We all know where we were when Beyonce dropped a surprise album, you know, and we all know where we were when Ashley LaRita pulled pulled Daniel's hair at the country club and right right.
Speaker 3: Up there with the Bronco and Beyonce's surprise album exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yes, yes, ladies, gentlemen day Officeport and Center as Ashley put Daniel's hair. Okay, so we also know where we were when we learned that the Real House washs New Jersey, we're not going to have a traditional reunion.
Speaker 1: And at that time, it may have.
Speaker 2: Been maybe five episodes that aired, so we already knew that this season was divide. I believe that the network, so you know, probably felt that the show is showing that they don't like each other. On top of that, it was a lot of mess happening on social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I.
Speaker 2: Want to say either three to five business days before they announced that it was not going to be a traditional reunion. It's when it was revealed that Jennifer Aiden allegedly was giving bloggers screening some episodes and having a relationship with them where she allegedly was feeding them information to blog against her opponents. So I think all of that was like, you know what, this is getting very dark. To your point, Gibson, you have to talk about it and address it. Although Andy did ask Jennifer Aiden those questions on Watch What Happens Live, and I thought she did a good job dancing around, I'm sorry, I thought she did a good job answering the question.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I thought. I thought that she had time to repair for that question and she knew she was going to get that question, and I don't I don't think she actually answered it very well at all.
Speaker 2: Personally, I was joking Gifts, That's why I said, dancing around.
Speaker 3: First, I agree with you, I'm gladly I was like, I was gonna need to explain.
Speaker 2: That no, no, no, yeah, I was a big silly no. It was obvious, yeah, mistic and I loved you it, But it was obvious she had enough time to prepare for an answer. So I do think those were the reasons why it happened. But still I just felt like, honest, what they want, we don't give a shit about that.
Speaker 1: We want to see a reunion.
Speaker 2: So my question for you is this, they're watching the reunion, Jim Fessler comes in, and she doesn't embrace Danielle immediately or at all for that matter, till until you know, towards the end, and then Danielle pretty much tells Jen Fessler that, look, now that you saw the whole season, you were riding for Jennifer Aiden, your team Jennifer Aiden, and Fessler was very defensive.
Speaker 1: Like, what are you doing? I just walked in, you have all this energy.
Speaker 2: They ultimately made a mind because Jim Fesler said, look, after watching the season, I was wrong. I should have been on your side, not Jance. I'm sorry, and they made up.
Speaker 1: Do you think Jim Fesler was trying to get on the right team in her mind because I thought she was similar to Dolores in the sense of playing in Switzerland, and I was surprised that she did not even want to go into the other room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say I was. I'm been a little bit disappointed by Jenfesto. The last two episode of this season one her walking out of that brunch that she helped organize with Dolores. She walked out. I thought way too prematurely. I understand in real life, if somebody's in a glass, yeah, you'd probably leave lunch, But on a house live show to bow out at that moment, at that juncture, felt like she, as Delora said, maybe she's not built for this. Because I at the beginning of the season, Carlos, I was like, so on the Fessler friend of to Full Time Train, I was like, Fessler is so watchable, she can play both sides whatever. But at the end of the season, she's kind of dropped the ball and kind of shown that she's more conflict avoidant than kind of addressing and kind of willing to address conflict head on like this. So it's like the fact that she because she also said that one of the reasons why she hasn't spoken to the Teresa Gen it's because she saw all the screenshots that were floating around of them allegedly talking to bloggers, and that to a point of her, she saw it in black and white, and she didn't want to ask any questions. But why did she not want to ask any questions? You know, why didn't she confront them about it? Why didn't she ask them about it? That's another thing we could have seen on this watch party. Send gen Fessler downstairs and have her ask about the screenshots, or have them talk about the reason why they haven't spoken for five months or however long it's been. So I didn't love that either, and I was surprised by it.
Speaker 2: I was, yeah, I listen. I think Jenfesler is a beautiful woman inside and out.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, And that's where it is for me.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 2: I would not cast a Jenfessler for any of my shows.
Speaker 3: It is it for that reason? Or what else do you see in her that you don't know?
Speaker 1: What it is? Is this?
Speaker 2: When you decide to get on reality television, you're signing up to really have tough conversations when things present itself. That is tough, right. It's all about the intention. And she's not a bad person, so let's make that very clear. She's a beautiful woman. I don't think she has what it takes to be on a reality show, let alone The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Yeah, yeah, like yeah, like if you wanted to be on you know, I don't know Christina's Coast that's on AGTV, Like.
Speaker 4: Christina's Coast, they're like, okay, girl signed up to do real estate.
Speaker 1: I'd rather see you on selling the OC.
Speaker 3: She's a watchable woman that maybe not built for housewives watchable right, thank you.
Speaker 1: Not especially New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Like at the end of the day, I felt like the moment she left that dinner in the in the finale, that season finale, it was like, these girls don't leave rooms because the glass was broken. If anything, They're like Jennifer Aiden, Yeah, They're like, oh yeah, bring it on and bring her back in the room, like she can stay.
Speaker 1: This is what we do.
Speaker 2: We break bread and dishes right, shut out to Rihanna, do here right Yeah. So to me, she displayed a cowardice behavior by not even entering the room with Teresa, Aiden, and Jackie, Like what's gonna happen?
Speaker 1: Like, and this is no shame because I love all the girls.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, Jennifer, Teresa, and Jackie plus Dolores, they did not throw a glass picture allegedly or any utensils, Like.
Speaker 1: You're pretty safe, y Fessler. So I thought Fessler was being a faker, and.
Speaker 3: She's and she's also friends with Dolores and Jackie who are in that room, and so It's not like you would have no backup for people sort of mediating some of that interaction, you know what I mean. So yeah, again, it was just it was just this watch party thing. There needed to be a little bit more of a producer hand at play, like pushing things to happen or pushing things to be talked about. It was to me it was just a little bit too unstructured, and that it made it to be pretty fairly uneventful watch end of the season.
Speaker 2: Now, what was eventful watching? Because I know a lot of people are like Carlos your team Teresa and I made.
Speaker 1: I made no qualms about the.
Speaker 2: Fact that she's my good friend, I love her, we have history, and I'm always gonna write for Teresa.
Speaker 1: However, I will always be on the side of truth.
Speaker 2: If Teresa does anything I disagree with, just like I disagree with Louie making the state yes about I hope your son suffers. And I said on my podcast last week before he apologized, I said that was wrong. I do not like it, and I'm hoping he apologized him because that is not okay. I stood on business. So they're watching this finale for the first time and.
Speaker 1: They see the moment where Louie does say.
Speaker 2: I hope your son suffers obviously, you know, right and listen rightfully. So you know, Margaret was not happy with it, and she should not have been because at the end of the day, she's a parent and to hear someone single out your son is not okay and saying he suffers, like that's that's not okay. And Louis did apologize for it, and I'm glad he did. Dolores, who I'm like, Delores.
Speaker 3: Is cars is carrying.
Speaker 1: Oh, we'll get to that in a second, because we will.
Speaker 2: Delores is welcome, yeah, right, like welcome, honey, you're in the game. So Dolores is like immediately it was like, nope, don't like it.
Speaker 1: You know he's going to get rid for that. Not okay, I don't stand by it.
Speaker 2: And hunty bunny, so Reesa Judais was like, what do you mean, Like she didn't my kids suffered, and it's like that's not the same, and you know that's what de Laura's was saying to her life.
Speaker 1: It is not the same.
Speaker 2: And she's like no, And Teresa got an attitude. So what did you think about that.
Speaker 1: Whole exchange between Teresa and Dolores.
Speaker 3: Oh. I thought it was great, and I think Dolores has leaned into this role of Switzerland, but in this season, I felt that she was able to like let both sides hear it in different ways and give some hard truths. And this is very indicative of that, I do think. I mean, she brought up, you know, my son, She brought up Frankie Junior, and something clearly happened there. They flashed back to the reunion last year when he was brought up, and she didn't want to talk about it. I think Dolores is sort of helping Louis and Teresa in that way by not getting into that and she doesn't want to rehash her son's drama whatever. I have no idea what that situation is, but you know.
Speaker 2: She don't either for the rectors on those people, I have no idea it.
Speaker 1: Just nor have I asked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just very clear that like something happened there and they just don't want it to be brought to the public, which I think is like best for all involved, probably, But I loved Laura's taking it to her and I thought it was really interesting that Teresa didn't even initially clock that anything was wrong with what Louis said to be honest, and yeah, I do think there's a difference between actively expressing ill will on somebody's child, whether they're an adult or not, and somebody's child on housewives being affected by something in their parents' lives being brought up, which is I've seen online people kind of compare the Jennifer Aiden affair or Abillidon's affair on Jennifer being brought up a couple of seasons ago and how that affected her children, which I have immense empathy for, and like that was obviously very tough, but like, by going on a housewives show with skeletons in your closet, you're risking those coming out of coming out and and affecting your family again, you know, And that's different from actively expressing ill will on somebody. I just think that those aren't really comparable. But yeah, circling back to Dolores, I just I was impressed by her because Teresa is not an easy person to go up against and we haven't seen Dolores do it that often, but it but for her to I think she showed that she is a good friend to Margaret and I actually think she showed she's a good friend to Teresa by doing that bye bye, by not being a yes person in that moment and being like no, like this is not okay. And Teresa actually ended up hearing it, which I think was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that too. Delores is Teresa's real friend. No, not saying, not saying that others aren't. But for Dolores to stand on this side of right is what Teresa appreciates about her friend. Because again, there's there's some not all Gibson. There are some people who may leave a comment Karlos up to Teresa's as you're all her payroll.
Speaker 3: And I get and I get the opposite. I get the opposite.
Speaker 1: So oh honey, that's why you're here too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, And my thing is more so like the friendship I have with Teresa is I've always and I think people need to understand this. I was her producer before she became this global international superstar.
Speaker 1: So my.
Speaker 2: Relationship with Teresa is I always told her my truth and how I felt about things, even if she disagreed. And because our relationship started that way and never dissipated, I today can call Teresa today and say hey, I don't think that was okay, and she would receive it and say really, and I will explain it to her and she'll say, oh, I saill that to say rain drops, that's what she gave Dolores. She immediately defended her husband because she's a loyal wife and that's beautiful. But the moment Dolores was able to explain like, no, this is why it was wrong. That's who Teresa is. Teresa somebody that needs to needs to take it all in first and then be like okay. And then Teresa said, all right, you're right. I'll I'll have him apologize. He needs to apologize, right, and that and that to me, displayed Gibson like, this is the show I want to watch. I want to watch a show where somebody can stand up to a Teresa and and say no, that was wrong, and then Teresa ultimately saying, Okay, you're right.
Speaker 1: That's what we want to see. So I love that relationship.
Speaker 2: Who I hate you interrupt, but stay tuned for more. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. The relationship between Margaret and Dolores is tricky to me, and I want to get your thoughts on that they're watching for the first time the finale episode, and this is when Margaret tells the Lauris pretty much that she invited her to the I'm calling it this guy's so leave me alone, the meeting.
Speaker 1: To take down Louie.
Speaker 2: I'm calling it that, Okay, the Louis takedown, not at a steakhouse, but they were gonna put a fork in him, honey, and make him well done and not meet him well okay.
Speaker 4: So the Laura's reaction was so amazing, and it was funny to see everybody react to it.
Speaker 1: You and I did, GiB said.
Speaker 4: And even the Lauris looked a little bit This is my opinion, the Laurus looked a little bit satisfied, like see Teresa right, Melissa and Danielle and Rachel Feuda, who I forgot?
Speaker 1: Was there no Shay, Rachel? They all alive? Like wow.
Speaker 2: Delores had a strong reaction, and that's when Margaret said, I think she did not want to Resea to think she had anything any knowledge of it.
Speaker 1: Settle.
Speaker 2: This wasn't for all, Gibson, Who do you believe, Margaret or Delores?
Speaker 3: I kind of believe Margaret in this situation because when she had the confessional after or in the initial scene in the finale, and she was like, I what I'm gonna say is I remember telling her she was at lunch with Jennifer and Teresa. She had these details of when she told her, and she had details of how Dolores responded to her inviting her as well. And I don't think she's just I don't think she's making up all those details. I don't do. I believe that it might have been in passing and Dolores could have is kind of she heard it, dismissed it, and doesn't remember it. Maybe, But I also believe that Dolores has probably been saying like, I didn't know they were meeting. I didn't know they were a meeting. And so it comes out that she did know their meeting or she was invited to this meeting, then like that makes her look bad at Teresa. I don't think that was like the active implication of Margaret saying that, because it was a pretty in passing comment, no you're invited. Also, why is Frank Senior invited to this meeting? But Delores wouldn't be invited to the meeting there there there are there are things that make me believe that Margaret did invite her, but I also believe it was in passing. That's my that's my read on the situation.
Speaker 1: So do you believe.
Speaker 2: That Delores catanyam hm was was giving you all her best cappy based performance when she stood up and caught her seat. Where, Like, was she acting or do you believe like she really did not remember?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think she was acting that. To me, that was a very genuine reaction, like she and they were all like, I mean, even Teresa was like dlorus, I've never seen me that mad before. So I think that she thought that character was under assassination basically in that moment. Do you think it was like a really intense reaction to what was being talked about as they all reacted in this watch party we saw. No, I don't think she was acting. I just think that, like I guess, as Margaret said, like they remember it differently, and I think that, Yeah, I mean, it's really it's really an insane scene to watch, especially when you rewatch it uncensored on Peacock. It was like when you when you hear her say f ing C word, like without being blurred, You're like, holy shit, and the veins popping on her head and you're like, oh my god, Like this is this is this again? This is this is Jersey fucking Housewives.
Speaker 2: This is anything else, Lark, this is not Christina on the Coast, This is not HGTV, this is not Discovery, like you're on the rough Housewalder Jersey Baby, like we want the.
Speaker 1: Action right right.
Speaker 3: And I think the last thing I'll say about like, I think what's really interesting for dlors being in the middle of these two I think it's really in the middle of two friendships. It's the Teresa friendship and the Margaret friendship. Like those are people that she's the closest with in this group, I think. And Theresa is a really old loyal friend like that they go back decades, and Margaret is somebody who she's gotten closer to within the last decade. And I believe they are super super close. But new and old friendships are different, especially I think in like an Italian community too, it's like loyalty is so valued and dlores is family, I think to Teresa. So it's like those two things I think are in conflict and Dolores's head at all times, which is like, Margaret is somebody I talked to every single day. We're emotionally close. It was through this experience and they've gotten so close. But Teresa's somebody I've known since I was back in Patterson, you know, and that's a hard conflict to work through. I think as a human.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I did not understand until Gibson and I want to know if you have any information or knowledge about this. I was not aware that Dolores and Margaret were close.
Speaker 3: I've known that for years.
Speaker 2: Okay, so okay, So in my defense, I do watch the show. I never put it like this. I've always always thought the closest friend Margaret had when she got on the show was Siggy. That's that's what I got. That's what I came across when joined. Yeah, like, oh, she's close with Siggy. Okay, fine, her and Delores know each other, Okay, great, And then I'm like, oh, her besties are Melissa and Jackie. Like I went through watching the shows and the seasons thinking like, oh, Margaret's closer to Melissa and Jackie.
Speaker 1: How long.
Speaker 2: Were Dolores and Margaret friends before the show or once she got.
Speaker 3: On the I think they've basically been getting really close since Margaret joined the show, sort of beyond the show. Like you're right, their friendship has not been spotlighted on the show very much or at all that much. But I remember because I've been interviewing them for years, and like I want to say, maybe three or four years ago, I remember Margaret saying that she talked to do Lauras every single day. I remember that, Yeah, they would be on the phone or textly every day or something. I remember her saying that they interview a long time ago with me, and so it was sort of outside of the context of the show. Definitely, they became close via working together on the show, but they grew really.
Speaker 1: Very cube book call buddies, like you know.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, because it wasn't It wasn't because of the show. It never was spotlighted on the show. I think they were genuinely close, and they let it kind of exist outside of any storyline or outside of any team Melissa team Teresa kind of thing, because it does complicate that dynamic, you know what I mean. So I don't know, that's sort of how I read it, and I kind of think that it's been brought to the forefront with Dolores in this It spotlighted Dolores's placed more in the middle than maybe it came across in other seasons, especially since Louie is ended the picture and Margaret has kind of taken a firmer stance against you know, Louis and Teresa, you know what I mean, And and kind of that divide has obviously been widened as the years have gone on. So that's that's my read on it, that they've been It's not like they weren't friends before the show, but they've gotten really close and probably the past like five years, that's what I would say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about Jackie Golschneider, who to me was a sleeper hit.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, like sorry, guys.
Speaker 2: I love a good reveal, and yeah, listen, I'll give Jackie this much.
Speaker 1: At least she copped to it.
Speaker 2: And I I am not sure if I was in jackie shoes Gibson that I would be sitting next to Teresa admitting that I lied about meeting with her husband's ex because I felt like Teresa could have punched her in the face, right next to her. Upon hearing that information, the complete opposite happened. Teresa said, Okay, it's fine. Teresa doubled down on it, doing this off the rail special that. Look, I understand why you did it. It's because you thought I was coming for your husband, Evan, and I was trying to ruin your marriage. So Teresa forgave Jackie. What do you think about that? Do you think Teresa forgave Jackie just to spite Margaret, or do you really believe that Teresa is like, listen, it's I for an eye.
Speaker 1: I'm a tough bitch. I get it. That's what we do. I forgive you.
Speaker 3: I kind of think it's little bit of both. I think in the moment, she did not want to give Margaret anything at that lunch, and Margaret's reveal was genuinely pretty big and delivered well. And U subpoenaed the wrong bitch the whole nine yards Like that was a moment, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Which, By the way, brain drops, that is an epic.
Speaker 3: Lyne It's the line of season.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's that. That's pretty epic. Usa, the poin of the wrong Bitch, I love it.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, yeah, I think But I do. And then so I think the initial thing is not giving Margaret anything, but I think, you know, like you said earlier, Teresa sometimes like needs a moment to like really like process something like like a big reveal like that or whatever. And I think that she realized that, like it is, it kind of was eye for an eye kind of kind of did make sense that Jackie was in contact with the woman who was exposing a fake affair rumor about her husband on National TV. Like you know, Teresa is basically saying like I would have done the same thing basically, and you know what she understood, and so like I think that both of those things can be true.
Speaker 1: Time where do we go from here?
Speaker 2: Gibson, So the author Rail special is ending. It was so anti climatic because Gibson, the moment these sort of episodes of watching ended, they all looked around like do we get the bill?
Speaker 1: Like do we do? We just walk?
Speaker 2: It was so uncomfortable, Like they all look awkward the way Jackie did walking back to her car. They're walking backwards once she heard people, you know, with the earshot, you know, with with the with the do in her pants, you know, So it was so awkward they.
Speaker 1: Were like, so what do we do? Then they had a confessional. I'm like a.
Speaker 2: Confessional at the end like, oh my god, whatever I digress? I was whatever, I'm over it. Okay, where do we go from here? Because I want to play a game with you, Gibson, because that's how much I adore you.
Speaker 3: Oh oh sure, okay, on.
Speaker 1: Game and on.
Speaker 2: And that's how much you stand on business. So my first question for you, Gibson after you play this game.
Speaker 1: Is called Gibson with the gab.
Speaker 3: I'm known to have a gab.
Speaker 1: Can you subscribe this podcast? Okay?
Speaker 3: Where to heat your podcast? Ye?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yes, I love you some Gibson. Okay, Gibson who is responsible for the destruction of the Real Housewives of New Jersey Louis I said what I said, Oh.
Speaker 1: Nini Gibson. Okay, all right, so no, no Gibson, rain drops. Gibson has the floor. Gibson, explain yourself.
Speaker 3: I think that when Louie entered the picture, that is, when things just crossed various sorts of line. They became more severe, more divided, more dangerous feeling in some elements of that, private investigators were hired and people were called who aren't on the show, and it just felt like he's the person that also pushed the other side away from Teresa even more the kind I just think that it it made the divide unresolvable in a way that like, yeah, we've been talking about Melissa and Teresa for fifteen years or whoever long it's been, but it was always they always kind of came back around, and they would they would fight again, and they would like resolve and and I think it's refreshing that they last season at the reunion finally were like, no, we hate each other. But that also is because there was no way back. And I think that that's because of him. I think he's been driving a wedge between Teresa and people in her life, and that made the show toxic. I think that's that's that's what I think.
Speaker 2: You are a brave man. Gifts and John's I love you dearly. I could not do this episode without anyone but listen.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm sure Boddo will be investigating in forty seconds, but you know what he has. He has this AirPod taffed already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gives a shut up.
Speaker 5: I mean they're friends, Okay, Okay, So when people say because based on social media comments, people have said Louis.
Speaker 2: Then there's people who have said Margaret Joseph's is the person who ruined Jersey and and obviously Gibson. What I'm saying, you've seen two on social media. It's only those two names that come up when people assign a person to the to the the destruction of the show.
Speaker 1: So what do you say to people who think it's Margaret?
Speaker 3: Though? I think that Margaret is one of the most savvy housewives that exists across any franchise right now. And I think that the people that say that, not everybody. Sorry. I think a lot of people that say that are just really clouded by their loyalty to Teresa in a way that I think that Margaret Teresa is one of the best to ever do it, obviously, and that that has created the amount that she has shared on the show has created such a loyalty to her, And it makes sense to me. It makes sense why people are so loyal to Teresa. There's there's a protectiveness over her. Margaret has emerged as the true probably loan threat to Teresa. Teresa and her they've had moments where they get along, but I think that they are both sort of threatened by one another. And I think that is because Margaret's really good at this too, and she has not been around for as long. If you think back to this season, the three biggest moments of this season that will stand in the test of time, I think the screen shots sent to Dolores mid conversation, the funeral arrangement, flowers, and this final reveal at the last at the last lunch about Jackie. Those were all Margaret. That shows how good she is at this, I think, And I see why people will blame her for ruining the show quote unquote, because it's in a lot of those people's minds Teresa's show, so inherently she is trying to bring down the Teresa Show and make it not the Teresa's show. Probably, but that's how I would respond to that. I think that I think that it speaks to how good Margaret is at being a housewife. And maybe maybe maybe they're all in too deep that I think that's kind of the through line with Jersey. They're all kind of like they can't see above the above the horizon. With Jersey, they're all really in this and that's why allegedly some of them are talking to bloggers and and kind of whatever, and that's where I think the show has kind of gotten broken. But yeah, sorry, long answer, but that's what I would say.
Speaker 2: You know, I will say this just to give a different POV. Yeah, I personally don't blame Louie for the demise of the show. I think the writing was on the wall before he entered the picture. I think what happened is before Theresa met Louis, the show sort of lost its momentum because it no longer was a show about friendships. It was definitely a show about like being savvy and investigations and doing background checks on people and discovery and all of those things. And I think all of that happened prior to Louie coming on the show. I think the Real Housewives on New Jersey cast lost the plot along the way. I think what happened is it was sort of this known thing on the show where your either team to resell Team Melissa. And I think every new girl came on the show knowing that THEESA Melissa's relationship was always fragile, even when there were seasons where they got along, I think we all knew that they're getting along to get along, but it's not genuine. And I think the cast more than we did watching the show. I think the cast knew that because obviously they talk and they're filming every day with each other, and I think it became a show where it felt more like Daylight NBC versus The Real Housewives New Jersey, Right, And I just think they lost a plot along the way. And also I also think this it's tough for a man to get on the show because unfortunately, and that's any man.
Speaker 1: This is not just with Louis, This is for Joe Gorga. This is for.
Speaker 2: Even back in my day when we had the iconic legend Joe Judaics on the show, right, we had Chris Loreta, we had Albi Manns, you know what I mean, like the Cliff Essential, like Jersey Herdson's right. They were always out a deficit because unfortunately, they never had the opportunity to have equals springtime with the ladies. So when the ladies would say these things about each other's husband, however the woman felt about that person's husband or friend's husband, got a lot of airtime versus the man trying to defend himself.
Speaker 1: And I felt that way Gibson.
Speaker 2: When I was watching this author Reil special and Louis said the comment about I hope your son suffers, which, again, you, me and.
Speaker 1: The world all agreed that was bad to say, but.
Speaker 2: To hear Melissa, Danielle, Rachel and Margaret say and agree that's the worst thing that was ever said on the show, and I'm like, Okay, guys, yes, we all can agree it was a bad thing to say, but this is this is the problem that I have.
Speaker 1: Y'all go the extra mile with now.
Speaker 2: Using these buzzwords where it's the worst thing that was said, and I'm like, really, cause five minutes ago, Danielle said the one thing she regrets was not killing Jennifer Aided, and I'm like, I think, I think that's worst thing to say you want to end someone's life than.
Speaker 1: Saying you want someone's son to suffer.
Speaker 2: Again, both are bad, but if I had to equate the two, I would give a point one up to Danielle's comment as one of the worst things that I have heard, not on the show because I haven't done my research like that, but definitely in this episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, I mean I cringe when she said that. I was like that was that's not the right answer to Oh Fessler saying, oh, you regret this? Right, She kind of gave her the layup to like say, yeah, I do. She shouldn't, she should not have said that. I think part of that, and I agree what Louis say is not the worst things I've ever been said on this show, for sure. But what gave it the sort of air of like kind of sent chills down your spine is because he met the way he said it, and sort of knowing that he has these accusations that he did hire private investigators, and he's calling the son at his job and all these different things, it almost feels like in their minds there's a chance he would follow through on that wish or something, you know what I mean, Like it has this like air of like just kind of it felt a little bit like a dangerous comment to make because it could have real world implications or something like that sort of thing. What the subtext of the feeling was when he said that in that group's mind, that's sort of how I read that and and their reaction to it in the watch party, If that makes sense.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I get that. But if that's how they felt. Then I would feel that, Okay, is Danielle going to also live up to hurt threats because.
Speaker 3: And again she's gotten physic because she's gotten physical twice this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again I'm not picking size. I don't think any of them would do anything crazy. I but but but for me, it was more so about like it was good for the goose and good for the gander.
Speaker 3: What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is that what you said? I don't even now.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that picks up if I if I did it wrong, who cares? Fact, you guys get it. You guys are smarter than the fifth grader. So y'all, y'all get it. But again, that's that's what I wanted to offer up as well. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay. The second and last question I have for you, which is also all over social media including Netflix, including Page six, People Magazine, and Honey even Deadline, is the biggest question of not only this podcast history, but the biggest question that really solidifies where we are with this show. Gibbsoni John's who stays or who goes? Does Melissa stay or does Teresa stay You can only choose one and tell me why.
Speaker 3: And this is who I want, not who I think, this is who you want. I would like for Melissa on her side of the group to stay. That is what I would like.
Speaker 1: Yes, and tell me why.
Speaker 3: I personally think that that side of the group moves on from things quicker and easier. I think Teresa holds on to a lot of things. I think she's given a lot to the show. I think she's had an amazing arc on this show. But also with if she stays, Louis stays and I don't really like watching him. I don't think he's fun to watch it all. You know, if you think about it, it's like if you, let's just say you took Teresa and Jennifer Aden out of the equation, you're still left with five or six women who are part of a cast that we would have familiarity with, and you can fill You could easily fill in people with that group and they would accept them and create a new friend group basically. And that's that's what I think. I think that it's a little bit more dynamic on that side in terms of openness to new people and and and moving on personally, that's what I think. And I'm sure that a lot of your listeners are rolling their eyes right now, and you know what, I understand that. But you asked me the question, and I and and and the reason why I clarified want versus think is that I don't think that's what's going to happen, but that's what I would want to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Now, obviously I want some reason to stay listen, and that's why we're doing this of course, of course, of course of cars. And after this, I want I want to hear why you think, because obviously you think they'll choose Theresa. But the reason I think and I would want, right, So I'll answer both. I think and would want Teresa to stay. Not only it's because she's my friend. Not only it's because in real life, I've seen this woman single handedly become the face of the show. Working with her for the first two seasons of the of the series, I've seen her also give everything to the show.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I've also seen her go to camp and having the entire production be put on pause until she came back, which to me was the biggest indicator that the power that this woman has in terms of like not even saying like don't film no that the network saying like what are we going to do here? And also think from a bigger picture, Gibson from my pov obviously being in this seat, being a producer and executive and.
Speaker 1: All the all the other stuff.
Speaker 2: These shows are run by advertisers, and I think when you look at selling ads to this franchise, if you tell an advertiser that, hey, Melissa is the face of the show, They're gonna say Melissa McCarthy, Melissa Etheridge, Melissa Joan Hart. Like tell me, it's not Melissa Gorga, Like who's the face of this show that you want us to like buy ad dollars for? Because that doesn't make any sense. And again, this is no shade towards towards Melissa. I've said on my podcast several times that I think Silo she's a great housewife. She's beautiful, she's funny, I love her family. She's she's a she's a beautiful great mother, and you cannot take that away from her. She's a great mom, an excellent mother. In fact, she's and she on paper right is a great housewife. And I'm gonna say something to you, give something I never said on my podcast. So you get this clusive, honey, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Yes, I told you I love you for a reason. Gifts and hello.
Speaker 2: When I learned through Teresa that Melissa was joining season three of the show, and I told this story of how Teresa called me because they pretty much said to her, like, girl, she's shooting tomorrow, pretty much right, and she asked me what I thought about Melissa, and mind you, at this time, I've seen Melissa twice, so this whole thing about Melissa and Joe will never invited. I met Melissa at Audriana's christening where Dina Manziel was the godmother, and I said this to Teresa's Okay, I said, well, honey, she is pretty, and I don't blame them for casting her like I said that.
Speaker 1: I never one said, oh my god, she's awful. She's this.
Speaker 2: I said to my friend Teresa, I mean she's a pretty woman and I could see why, and I said to her, like, look, bitch, I think this.
Speaker 1: I think this.
Speaker 2: Will be great for the show because I've always believed that.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be honest with my girls.
Speaker 2: I'm honest that Way, to Ninnie, Lisa, Kenya Moore, to all my girls, Portia. The list goes on and on. So for all the people who think I'm a hater of Melissa, I'm not. I'm the one who said to Teresa, no, I get it. I understand it. She's pretty and she checks all the boxes when it comes to a housewife. So I think this will be I think this will be great for the show. And I said, but at the end of the day, and I did say this, and I'm gonna be very honest, I said, but, bitch, this is your show. Don't let nobody run you off your show. This is your shit. So that's that. So when it comes to Teresa Melissa, that's my thing. And I also think this as well. I think this, but this is not what I want. I think the powers that be will choose Teresa and Dolores to lead the new iteration of Jersey. I think it's those two, and I think they may. They may, and I'm fifty fifty on this. They may choose between Rachel and Danielle. And if I had to choose between Rachel and Danielle, and I'm being very honest here, I would choose Danielle only because to me, Danielle is a reality star.
Speaker 3: She's made for TV.
Speaker 2: Is in her bones, it's it's it's it's on her IMDb page, based on all the work she did to get here.
Speaker 1: And I think I think that although.
Speaker 2: What I would want, I would want Jennifer Aiden to stay, I just don't think that would happen.
Speaker 1: But I would want her to say gohey Gibson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's what I think is gonna happen as well. I don't I I don't get a good feeling in terms of like Jennifer's relationship to the network and like what they're thinking about what she's allegedly been doing behind the scenes and influencing production and all of that. But I and I think if you took her out of the equation, Teresa would be much more amenable to working with Danielle instead of Rachel. I think that Teresa's done with the food as it seems, you know what I mean? Yeah, I think I for the same reason that you think and want Teresa, That's what I think they're gonna do, because it's gotten to a point where she's so inextricable from the show, like they're interchangeable and if there's no denying that she's given so much the show and all that, you don't reac I don't have to rehash it, but like that's undeniable and she's such a bankable star. So yeah, that's that's what I think will happen. I just I don't know. It's just sort of like I'm just so curious how they would fill that in. I guess, you know, like that's a lot of spots to fill with with with new women. So I'm not saying they can't do it. I'm not. And Dolores and Teresa, that's a lot of star power right there. So and that's a that's a genuine connection. And I feel like if they did that, do you think they would bring you back anybody to also to like also kind of give it another like the next season, another calling card, like would they bring back at Jacqueline, would they bring back you know what I mean, like just to like have it be like, you know, we're keeping Dolores and Teresa, but we're also bringing.
Speaker 1: Back Yes, I definitely think this. I think sort.
Speaker 3: Of like Atlanta, how they what they were trying to do this past this current season. Yeah, like we're keeping Kenya and Drew, and then we're bringing back Porsche and bringing back Cynthia as a friend sort of thing, and then the other ones are new.
Speaker 1: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: I think Jacqueline would have been up front and sent her if she wasn't in California.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a that's a that's a big curve.
Speaker 2: I think if Jacqueline lived, yeah you're Jersey Jack and would have would have been asked back. Listen, it will never happen. It will never, ever, ever, ever ever happened. Dina Manzo as well. I think Caroline, we know that's not that's not happening now, honey, you want to shake the table, stop Danielle Stobb.
Speaker 3: No pun intended with the table reference right, shaking a table?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh honey, I would like to see that, but I know that that's also maybe a dark horse in a situation.
Speaker 1: So look, so that's why.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I think we won't see anyone else. I think Teresa and Dolores makes sense. Their friends. Dolores is Switzerland, but she's loyal to Teresa. Teresa needs a friend, I think, Danielle, and my last exclusive for you is this my gut said to me last night, this show was built on family. That's the difference between Jersey Housewives and the other franchisees, because each franchise has its own specialness to it right, their own entry point, and the entry print in this was family. Danielle Cabral, she has such an interesting family dynamic that I would cast her family to.
Speaker 3: Oh that's interesting, Yeah, bravo.
Speaker 1: You're listening, Hi.
Speaker 2: I would cast Danielle's family Danielle Cabral's family because there seems to be a lot there that I would like to see, because I don't want Jersey to miss the plot anymore. And when it comes to Melissa, I will say this, I think the network loves Melissa. I think Melissa would judge a fashion show on E I think Melissa would do things on Peacock with Joe.
Speaker 1: I don't think Melissa is like you.
Speaker 3: Know, I don't, yeah, gone out for good. I also think that there's something to be said about like whatever route they take going forward, maybe that route lasts for a couple of years, a few years, and then I think, I don't think it's closed off to bringing back some of those women whoever they let go of. You know what, I mean, like, so depending on how successful whatever they do is, like, that's always a possibility as well. So I totally agree with you. I mean, yeah, she's a bankable star in and of herself, and so I think she'll stay involved for sure.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes dropped on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions. Yeah, don't forget Tweek me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me, Carlos King, Kingdom Reign Entertainment, Baby,