Speaker 1: I Am all in You.
Speaker 2: I Am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Everybody Scott Patterson, I Am All In Podcast, iHeart Radio one eleven Productions. One on one interview with the One the Only, Daniel Cash from Saulsbury, England. The identifier would be Stonehedge. That's where he grew He grew up in the mean streets of Stonehedge. Daniel is a TikToker? Is that what you call yourself a TikToker?
Speaker 2: Well? I thought as a stigma attached to that maybe.
Speaker 1: But you're but you're featured on TikTok correct. This is the medium, the platform that that you're using. Okay, and you're a bit of a Gilmore fanatic. You ranked the Gilmore characters, you give your opinions on the characters. So and so tell us about this Gilmore fascination and why you think the show is so annoying.
Speaker 2: I did a video saying I thought the show was very annoying, but I loved it dearly. I actually first watched it. It was only a few years ago that I watched it for the first time, so I came to it quite a late. I've seen like the odd episode as it was shown on TV, and I just immediately became obsessed. And I think a lot of people do, partly because of Star's Hollow and you know, everything that the feel of it and everything it represents, which is community and you know, just a lovely place to live. But the character. I have some strong opinions about the characters.
Speaker 1: Let's hear him. Who's your who's your favorite character, who's your most who annoys you the most? Actually, let's start with that.
Speaker 2: Who annoys me the most? On a on a base level, I would have to say, Taylor.
Speaker 1: Dozy, why tell us why?
Speaker 2: I just feel like he's especially in the early in the earlier seasons, he comes on screen and I just want to turn away. I find he he wants to make everybody's life a little bit more difficult. That's what I feel. He he his heart might be in the right place, but he can't allow that to kind of come through to the forefront. He has to just try and annoy everyone that little bit too much.
Speaker 1: But in small town UK, do you not have this prototypical type of character in each small town and UK? Because we so many, right, So yeah, there you go. So it's gat to be right, it's got to be.
Speaker 2: I think that's the thing. I think. Look, I think part of with the Gilmore Girls and the characters is that there is so much real stuff about all of the characters, and with Taylor. Everyone knows that Taylor Dozy. Everyone has that person in their lives where you're like, do you know what, just leave me alone for five minutes.
Speaker 1: Who's Who's Who's next on your list of annoying characters? Who's who comes in second place?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm having to rank them now, I will say I do. I love her? Obviously, we all love her. She is the icon of our hearts. But Laurai Gilbol can be so frustrating sometimes.
Speaker 1: Hell, tell us, why why do you think?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I know that there's the the relationship with her mother is difficult, and I get that. I feel like sometimes you can see that Emily is coming from a good place. She like not often let's start there, but sometimes you can see that she's really trying in her own Emily Gilmore Way and Loura I just never kind of allows her in to that degree of, you know, to understand her. And sometimes it's just like you want to kind of reach through the screen and say love, I come on now, she's trying. Just give her this one. It's one moment.
Speaker 1: So when you're watching the show, okay, are there any parts of the show now that you know it a little better that you just skip over?
Speaker 2: You never skip There's there are bits that the one the one part of the show that I feel is skippable is too big to skip, and it's when Loralai and Rory do not talk.
Speaker 1: There's some good right, I I understand. But there's some good episodes in there because we just yeah, yeah, there's some great episodes. And I know a lot of fans aren't crazy about season six, but I'm kind of enjoying the ride so far. So what's your favorite Well, so, what's your favorite time period of Gilmore Girls? What if you were to pick a season.
Speaker 2: So difficult, I feel like my instinct is to say season one because it's so nostalgic, and it's so you get to know everyone, you get introduced to everyone, and it's such a it's such a lovely time for the show. But also, I'm a huge fan of Jess, So when the time period where Jess is introduced, I really, I really enjoyed that because I feel like it's a big disruptor in the in the Gilwore Girls game.
Speaker 1: So you like him better than Logan or Dean?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Tell me? Why? Why? Why not Logan?
Speaker 2: Not Logan? I I feel it might be a bit personal from me, but Logan represents a lot of stuff that I don't like. And I also think he represents everything that Lorelei escaped. And when Lrory gets with him, and you know, the whole boat incident, and there's a lot of stuff, and I kind of I'm on the Lorale's side, you know, I don't want her to get He's got this privilege which means he's untouchable, and Rory hasn't got the same privilege, and he kind of gets him into these these moments. I just I just hate that for Rory. Right.
Speaker 1: Don't you feel though that Logan is the male version of Laura I. When Laura l I was detaching herself, disassociating herself from her family, Logan's having a little more of a difficult time doing that. I mean, I don't know that anybody was. I think Richard and Eli A were pressuring laurale I to live a certain type of life and go to a certain school and be a certain kind of wife and marry a certain kind of guy, which probably would have been a Logan type guy.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So, so don't you feel that they're similar characters at different stages of you know, the calendar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like they are similar characters who make some the big choices they make are opposing, if that makes sense. So I felt at Lourel, I try to escape it, and her rebellion was, you know, trying to get away and trying to be this person who didn't have this background that she wasn't necessarily proud of, Whereas I feel like I feel like Logan used that background and used everything around him to get away with a lot of stuff that affected other people. I felt at Laurel I was more it was more like internal internalized, and Logan kind of spread his problems to other people and open with him. That's how I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, And why Jess, tell me, why did you always see the potential in Jess? You always thought he was They got each other on an animal level, on an intellectual level, what was it about Jess?
Speaker 2: I feel like with Jess he was from a very troubled upbringing, he didn't necessarily have any kind of emotional support. And I also feel like from a romantic, from a romance relationship point of view, I don't feel like he ever saw a healthy, loving relationship and therefore he didn't know how to have one himself. So I feel like with Rory, he it was a very real thing that you see with people where he couldn't open himself up, He couldn't be who he knew he could be, just because he had nothing to kind of mirror, nothing to mimic from his own life. And I just I feel like it's a kind of working class hero kind of situation, do you know what I mean? He didn't have the opportunities that the other did, and if he had them, you know, he could have gotten even further than he did.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on Rory? Do you like Rory?
Speaker 2: I think Rory gets a really hard time from a lot of fans, I really do.
Speaker 1: Why do you think that is? Why do you think that is?
Speaker 2: I think it's because I don't know what it is. It's because you know, we love her from the beginning, and everyone loves her, and then she makes some bad choices. We all we all make bad choices. We've all done stuff we're not proud of. But in the especially in the reboot, in the in the short films, I feel really sorry for her because you know, we've all been there, or we're all just one bad, you know, job experience away from being there. And I just feel like maybe people are a little maybe it's a bit of jealousy of how you know, she was so beloved and then people's reaction to that is to have a polar opposite opinion of it and really focus on the negative rather than I don't know what it is, but I do that. I think she gets a really hard time.
Speaker 1: I get a hard time for defending her. Sometimes the fans, you know, they they write these things, and it's definitely not the majority, it's a very small segment of the fan base. But I remember defending her because of her youth and that we all make those mistakes and this is how we learn and it's a rite of passage for everyone. So I never got the vitriol. But anyway, we agree. What about Luke. Let's talk about the most important character in the entire show. Luke. I'm kidding, kidd, we don't know.
Speaker 2: I often I talked to my friends, and me and my friend we were talking about this the other day actually, and how neither neither of us believe that there are many good men in Stars Hollow or in the in the in the show, a lot of the men have problems. And actually Luke is potentially the only one, and Dave as well. We've spoken about that. But Luke is probably the only character child hiding aside that is good and is a good man, and is a strong man and provides provides something of worth to love al I and Rory, you know, And so I think, actually Luke, everyone loves Luke. You must know this, of course, you.
Speaker 1: Know it is. I have a lot of interaction with the fans. I travel a great deal, and it's it's always positive. Yeah, it's He's been well received, that's for sure. So look, we're right now at the beginning of the six and Rory is living with Emily and Richard, as you know, in the poorhouse. Oh, would you like Daniel to be living under Emily and Richard's roof? Would you enjoy that?
Speaker 2: Food would be good?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. That's one aspect that I would enjoy as well.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, exactly every Friday night. But what I do, what I think is very accurate, and I'm a parent myself, is the relationship that parents have with their children is very different to the relationship they have with their grandchildren. And even though Emily is Emily, she will always be Emily. Her relationship with Rory actually is you know, it has its moments, but it seems like you know Rory. You can see why Rory doesn't fully understand love allies experience because Rory has been so cushioned from how Emily and Richard respond to her. So I think if I was Wory, you know, it has downside, but it wouldn't be too bad.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, let me Do you think Rory's punishment for stealing the yacht three hundreds of hours of community service is deserved? Do you think it was too much of a sentence, too light of a sentence? What do you think?
Speaker 2: I would Say's probably about right, because you know, we we as a viewer who see the whole situation. You know, we know what happened, but obviously the people that are dishing out these sentences get certain sides of the story. And you know, I think it as in terms of character development in terms of, you know, shaping a person. You know, there had to be some kind of punishment because you know, she'd never done anything wrong before, so I think it made sense whether it was right or wrong.
Speaker 1: Would you want a mother like Emily Gilmore?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not? No, No, I know it's hard because you think of the money and you think of the lifestyle, the food and the cocktails. Yeah, yeah, maybe I do, and of course not. I think the sacrifices you make to have that lifestyle when that person, and I think Emily is aware of it, isn't she? Because I think at one point she says about how she you know, this is her life, this is all she is is. This is this woman who keeps a house and fires the cleaners and fires the cooks and that's just her probably, but she's never had you know, because of her She's been brought up in this world, so she's never had that experience. And I think that's where the big breakdown between her many lot of eeas, isn't it? Maybe mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So let's talk Paris. You think she's on him? Sure? Do you think that makes her more relatable?
Speaker 2: I think Paris at the beginning is extremely unrelatable to most of us, and I think that's why she was like so irritating and like I think people, I think people have a massive shift with Paris because at the beginning it's such a I think with comedy programs especially, there's a risk that some characters become caricatures, and I feel Paris will started off as a caricature, and then as she develops and grows, you know, you kind of you feel sorry for her and you see parts of you know, if Laurla had stayed in the situation she was, would she have been more of a Paris? And I love Paris. I think most people love Paris by the end.
Speaker 1: Do you think she's a good friend.
Speaker 2: I think she's a friend and the only way she knows how. I think it's similar to Jess. You know. I don't think she's ever seen a relationship that is normal or strong or stay and therefore trying to have those relationships sound. I think she struggles. I think it's a similar similar to Jess maybe right interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yet they hate each other, right man, there was always friction between the two of those character. What's your favorite episode? Do you have one?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I have a favorite episode, but I have a favorite moment, and I don't hear many people talk about it. But my favorite moment. Oh, you haven't got there yet because it's in the final season.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we can't talk about it. Oh go ahead, it's okay.
Speaker 2: I mean you were there, I mean yeah.
Speaker 1: But go ahead, let's let's hear it. I'm actually very curious to hear.
Speaker 2: So it's it's in one of the last episodes and Laura like, there's a karaoke night, and obviously Miss Patty and Babet take up most of the night, but then Laura I gets on stage and sings I Will Always love you, and then in you walk Luke enters, and I just think that the first time I watched it, it made me really emotional because not only is it, you know, Laura expressing her feelings, but I think there's a real vulnerable thing in singing in a public place, and then especially singing something meaningful to the person that you loved, you know, I mean so, And I know I don't hear many people talk about about it as a moment. By absolutely just I love that moment for Laurai.
Speaker 1: Who do you think Rory should end? Up with. Do you think she should end up with Jess?
Speaker 2: No, because I think I don't think she's right for Jess. I think Jess would be really good for Rory. I don't think Rory would be very good for Jess. And I love Jess. He's one of my favorites. So I think I think none of the above. But if I had to choose one of the three, I think it does make sense that she would end up with somebody like Logan, but I wouldn't. I do too.
Speaker 1: But the question I asked myself, if she gets together with Logan, it works out, they get married, they have children, so ten years hence right Logan's running the newspaper Empire. The question that I ask is, does since his father is a philanderer, does Logan become a filanderer? Do you trust Logan at thirty one, thirty two years old with three kids and Rory and they've been married, you know, eight years, do you trust him to stay faithful?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I trust or either.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, there's the biggest statement of the interview. Tell Us expand on that.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I just think that I thought that Rory is very astute, and I feel like in a situation, in a relationship, in any situation, I thought she would perhaps be ahead of ahead of the game. I think she might, you know, get I don't know, should get there first. But I think she definitely would be aware, and maybe she wouldn't tell tell him that she knew. But I think I do feel like she would. I don't know past past experiences. I know when she, you know, was with Dean, it was very she was very young. But I do think that she's not She's not the most loyal of people necessarily, so maybe there's something there that makes them a good match.
Speaker 1: Very interesting. Okay, so let's talk Oasis. You're an Oasis fare.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, are they getting back together?
Speaker 2: I don't. They're never going to get back together, are they.
Speaker 1: They're not going to go back.
Speaker 2: There's too much there. I mean, it would be a massive cash grab. Imagine how much money they'd make. But I think, yeah, you know, there's it's a family, right.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that Nol is waiting on Liam's team to call him and to make the deal or do you just think Noel doesn't want.
Speaker 2: To do it. I don't. I don't think he wants to do it. I can't see it ever, there's too much bad blood in its family and there's all eyes on them and yeah, I don't No, I can't see that happened. I mean, we do all have it. It would be amazing we do all.
Speaker 1: Like what's the perception in the UK with the two brothers. Who's the most beloved? Who's that? Is anyone hated in between them two or is it just everybody loves both of them and they want the brothers to make up, kiss and makeup and get back together.
Speaker 2: I think, oh, what's the perception. I think everyone has has a has made a choice. I think you have Tim Nol team Liam and but yeah, I mean everyone everyone would will to come together. But I don't think anyone is thinking that that's ever going to happen.
Speaker 1: You know, they don't really need to because Liam tours. He's got very successful albums and he plays a lot of Oasis songs live with his band when he tours, so you're still getting the voice right. It's not like Noel doing the songs and singing the Liam part, although he does sing you know a little bit when he was with the Oasis. But certain songs you get, you get a taste.
Speaker 2: Right, there's some very good tribute bands you have to tribute.
Speaker 1: Isn't it. Isn't it ironic that Liam is in the leading Oasis tribute band in the world.
Speaker 2: You could say that, all right, It was great.
Speaker 1: Meeting you and talking to you and and getting your take on this shows you're very well mean so much to so many people. Continues to to gain audience share as as as they become uh you know they. I mean, I do conventions. I get seven year olds coming up to me running autographs and dressed up as the character. It's bizarre, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Amazingly these It really is, because these shows, especially when you've got parents who have watched them and you know they're they're easy to pass on to your kids because they're they're harmless, they have some lovely themes, and you know, it's it's a nice thing to share, isn't it when you can share something you love with your kids. And Gilmore goes as a prime example of something like that. Especially now it's October, perfect time of year for it.
Speaker 1: It's it's yeah, it's a big Gilmore celebration all over the all over the world right now, all right, so you can check out Dan on his with his TikTok videos. Uh at at Danio, d A n c A s h I O at dan Cashio annual cash. It's been a pleasure.
Speaker 2: You so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your time and we will see you down the road hopefully. Okay, take care of yourself, Dune, thanks for coming all right, thank you, Take care hey everybody, and also again follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.