Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe.
Speaker 2: Getty Armstrong and Gatty and now he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: If anyone builds It, Everyone Dies is a book that I really been into during the break about AI, and I want to talk about that later because I think that is absolutely true.
Speaker 4: Says that title again.
Speaker 3: Surely making a lot of noise in the AI world. If anyone builds It, Everyone Dies by one of the leading proponents of AI for the last several decades who has changed his mind and decided this is not good and wants to try to get government policies put in place to stop an him from run from building super intelligence. But we'll talk more about that later. And if that doesn't give you nightmares, maybe this will. They reconnected with family through twenty three and meters and got sued stay with us. Oh my god, I'm trying to imagine what would be the situation here. Okay, I can look forward to hearing this story.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Human Beings Suck, Welcome back from vacation ready for the Christmas season. Armstrong and a Human Beings Suck. Tell you what as a general rule.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: If you can find something, don't I suggest you surround yourself with them and live a happy life.
Speaker 3: Well, we're sort of designed to suck and then culturally you have to push the suckiness out of us. That's kind of the conservative principle, right, uh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, yeah, indeed, well stated, I happen to come across a really really interesting read about a different sort of feminism.
Speaker 4: It's more than that, but it.
Speaker 1: Talks about how we are not units as human beings. We are we are our connections, and it makes an argument for a much more traditional view of womanhood. But it's just it's an intriguing thought that we it's you don't self actualize through you know, your Thomas Paine like fierce independent individualism entirely. But anyway, more to come on that, it's a it's a definitely a uh a chin rubbing sinkathon.
Speaker 3: A chin rubbing thinkthon. That's a fantastic phrase. So this is a horrifying story. You probably heard about this, even if you weren't trying to pay attention to the news. A couple of Guards National Guards members being shot, one dead, one clinging to life by a guy who helped us in Afghanistan, then we allowed him into this country and somehow, at least according to Secretary of State Christinomi, got radicalized since then, and sounds like you went pretty damn nuts.
Speaker 4: AnyWho.
Speaker 3: Among the things that Trump has said in a reaction to it is We're going to cut way down on immigration to this country. Here's a little bit for meet the press, and then a reaction from a US senator about it.
Speaker 1: President Trump is escalating his immigration crackdown, vowing to permanently pause migration from what he calls third world countries.
Speaker 5: When I heard the Secretary say that they're going to pause immigration from third world countries, I mean I take that as a message that they don't want brown people coming to the United States.
Speaker 3: That's Senator Mark Kelly of Arizona. So one of the reasons I wanted to get into that. So even before that incident happened, This happened at the very beginning of Thanksgiving week, didn't get near enough attention, but Marco Rubio announced that the a US State Department directive declaring mass migration and existential threat to Western civilization Wow, and gave a big speech about it. Didn't get near the attention it should have. Now, I don't know if they gave that speech. This doesn't make sense, But I was about to say, I don't know if they gave that speech, like knowing it was Thanksgiving week and it would kind of get buried. But why would you even why would you want to do that, Why would you want to hide?
Speaker 4: You just wouldn't make this feast at all?
Speaker 3: Any who had got a fair amount of attention by a lot of world thinkers that you know, because a lot of countries are having similar problems. That's why he said Western civilization and not the United States. See France, see Britain, see Germany, see lots of countries. The new US State Department directive declaring mass migration and an existential threat to Western civilization isn't just an American policy ship. That's a geopolitical earth quake, and the tremors are heading right down Downing Street and other streets of power around the world, according to this thinker, Jim Ferguson, who I follow sometimes on Twitter. But that's interesting, and I wonder what the repercussions are going to be of that, or what the policies are going to be going forward. But I think what Trump said about no more migration from third world countries.
Speaker 4: Fits in with that, right.
Speaker 1: I think it's refreshing, honestly that somebody's going ahead and stated the obvious because all of the people in Germany know this to be true, all the people in France, or most of them anyway.
Speaker 4: Great Britain is acutely aware.
Speaker 1: Of this, that the mass migration, especially from cultures that hate the Western values, was suicidal. It was a terrible idea, and now Rubio is going ahead and saying it out loud.
Speaker 4: I'm glad. I think that's great.
Speaker 1: I'm pro, I'm quote unquote pro immigration under certain circumstances.
Speaker 4: But I mean, think about just.
Speaker 1: Inviting four random strangers to your Thanksgiving table and then being shocked when maybe it didn't turn out great. I mean totally unvetted. In fact, some of them, you should have presumed that they would hate you and.
Speaker 4: Your culture because they've that's where they came. That's a pretty good suicit.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good metaphor analogy sort of thing, because yeah, so you invite a couple of people in from who knows where, it doesn't matter, and then they sit down and say what is this?
Speaker 4: I don't like turkey?
Speaker 1: And what is that brown stuff? Well, that's stuffing I don't ever had that I want? And why are the women talking at this table? Or I should shut off?
Speaker 3: Even a better example, and how come we haven't you know, done this amount of praying before we eat or whatever the situation is. You're like, well, that's not our tradition here. Well, it's our tradition and we're here now and we're demanding it. You wouldn't react.
Speaker 1: Positively to that, No, unless you were a soft headed, soft hearted, suicidal lefty.
Speaker 3: I get confused about this a lot because some of my favorite thinkers I won't name one because I don't want to get into a battle with him, but conservative talking about people have been and he's very right. Conservative people have been claiming that immigration was going to ruin this country since you know, the very beginning, and whether it was the Irish or people from.
Speaker 1: Italy or whatever it was, blah blah blah blah blah. And it's true.
Speaker 3: But you got to admit, don't you, that at some point, too many people, too fast, from a culture that doesn't agree with our values is going to be a problem.
Speaker 1: Don't yet. It seems to me to be denying the obvious to claim that we can just absorb any amount at any speed and be fine.
Speaker 4: Right what. I have two reactions to that.
Speaker 1: Number One, I think the fact that people have always expressed that sort of concern is proof that it is an innate human tendency. It's not stupid bigotry. It's a very very very reasonable instinct that if we let people flood into the tribe, not knowing who they are, or not knowing them they're from a different tribe with different values, that's going to weaken the cohesiveness of the tribe. Now, it turns out in a country like ours, as people assimilate, we could handle immigration and still.
Speaker 4: Do our thing.
Speaker 1: But the fact that people were saying, hey, let's cover the break, if not tap it a little bit, that doesn't make them wrong. That just makes them part of an equilibrium. You hear what I'm saying. I mean you've got the gas pedal people, then you got the brakes people. That makes sense. Second response to that, and you touched on it is it is so fundamentally different importing Irish people or Italians who were talking about in previous rounds of immigration, massive immigration. They come from countries that are based in Judeo Christian principles, an English common law or something close to it, at least in Italy, whereas people from Africa the Middle East. No, the very fundamentals of their understandings of law and culture and religion everything else are in some cases diametrically opposed to what we believe in the West. You cannot compare Irishmen from Somalians.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Yeah, since the declaration from the State Department in Mario Marco Rubio's speech was declaring mass immigration and an exis essential threat to Western civilization. You know, so throughout history countries that are part of Western civilization came here and we were able to absorb it. That's not proof that countries not from Western civilization. Lots of people we could absorb.
Speaker 1: Well, And how about we tapped the break until we see how it's going.
Speaker 3: And the more I think about it, so what are you assuming then, and people that are going to come here from other countries where they do think completely different in terms of the separation of church and state, or the women's rights or whatever rights just in general, Yeah, they're just going to give up everything they've ever believed. Just automatically. They just think you know everything I've ever believed, what my parents believe, what my grandparents believed. Screw all that, I'm just going to adopt your way. It seems a little unlikely.
Speaker 4: To say the least.
Speaker 1: More after a word from our friends at Webroot, holiday shopping is here. It's time for fishing links, fake sites and account takeovers. Oh don't let a click ruin the season. Webroot Total Protection helps guard your device's identity, privacy and backs up your files all in one plan. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Seeing lots of news stories today about how cyber Monday is a huge day for your fishers and everybody to try to hack into your computer, and I was thinking, glad I got webroot really do. Identity production can include dark web monitoring, rapid credit alerts, up to one million dollars in expensory imbursement from stolen funds. It's great for family, seniors, and students. You can get ten people in your family or you know in your group all on one.
Speaker 1: Sign up here. But so here is your headline right now. You good people get seventy five percent off. Go to webroot dot com slash Armstrong seventy five percent off at webroot dot com slash Armstrong Live a better Digital life with webroot again seventy five percent off webroot dot com slash Armstrong.
Speaker 3: So Senator Kelly there saying what I hear is he doesn't want brown people. Well, what I hear is we don't want people who don't believe in Western civilization, regardless of your skin color.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mark, you're next. I wish we had him on right now. I think just express that to him that simply say what do you say?
Speaker 4: Center? That is such a.
Speaker 1: Just clichade narrative, hewing pile of crap.
Speaker 4: Does he actually believe that is smart?
Speaker 1: No, he does not. That's just playing the game rangeaiting to get clicks and donations from the diversity crowd.
Speaker 4: That's weak.
Speaker 3: It'll be interesting to see how long this ban that Trump announced lasts, what court challenges will occur, and then bigger picture based on what Marco Rubio said, what that means for other countries.
Speaker 1: Hey, we got to get the opening clip from Meet the Press where somebody asked him about the vetting of the Afghan guy and he immediately went to insulting the reporter. It was a pretty seasoned reporting. Yeah, are you Trump?
Speaker 4: Is? Are you stupid? Or your stupid person?
Speaker 1: They let them in completely ignoring the question, which was a reasonable one.
Speaker 4: Trump is not getting more reason?
Speaker 1: Okay? Any thoughts on any of this? Text Line four? Is there an older gentleman out that lives here?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: He fell down the road?
Speaker 4: There he face plateed.
Speaker 1: I I was just on my regular route.
Speaker 4: I came across the guy I saw in my rearview mirror. I saw that involved and did he you turn?
Speaker 1: I got to him as quick as I can, making sure he was okay.
Speaker 4: Helped us get him into the car.
Speaker 1: Daughter reached out on Facebook so we could somehow thank him, and we got his name and got to meet him and we connected and I said, your family, what are you doing for Thanksgiving? Things could have gone so much worse.
Speaker 4: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 1: Mail carrier sees old dad face plant get injured, wheels around, aids him, helps get him into the car to the hospital. Family invites him to Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaker 4: Did the mail carrier not have his own family or did he?
Speaker 2: Did he?
Speaker 3: Did he do a bang bang? Did he do a Thanksgiving bang bang? Did his own family then went over to their house.
Speaker 1: Well, if the time is right, yes, you can pull that off. That'd be great.
Speaker 4: Ah. Yeah, do know where that happened, Michael, I don't.
Speaker 1: Actually those sounded like upper Midwestern accents to me. Good people there in northern Indiana, southern Michigan. Oh, the best people anyway. That's a beautiful family drama, Jack, So is this until.
Speaker 4: It takes a dark turn? Stay tuned till right now.
Speaker 1: When Carmen Thomas was growing up in Boston, her mom told her that her absent dad's name was Joe Brown. So when she sent us saliva sample to twenty three and meter in her twenties and got a match with the Brown family, she was excited. Turned out, the man she believed to be her father had passed away five years earlier, Jack, Which is too bad, but.
Speaker 4: Not the dark turn, not yet, Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: But she connected with two likely half sisters. They went out for a Boba tea, had a sleep over at their grandmother's. She looked through family albums and held a pillow with his photo printed on it. A year later, she was it's doing the Brown sisters and their mother.
Speaker 4: That's your dark turn? For what?
Speaker 1: Thomas wanted a share of a multimillion dollar medical malpractice award they had won after Joe Brown died of an aneurysm. After all, she was his daughter too, she said in a court complaint early last year.
Speaker 3: Well, biologically, but that not anymore, right, you're not legally the daughter of that person.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, one hundred percent you are.
Speaker 1: In many states, genetics determine who can claim, make you claim on inheritances in the absence of a will or trust.
Speaker 4: Wow, so you can.
Speaker 1: You can inherit from your biological father, even if you never knew of them, knew their name, They didn't. They may not have known you. Your mom was even pregnant with me. Wait, that's that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I think about that, because I know something about the law around certain things around parenting. For instance, in California, you are not required to parent. It isn't You don't have to if you don't want to be a parent. You don't have to be a parent just because you had a kid. But then the law would be But if you are rich, the kid gets the money.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's worth pointing out. So they're sitting is the important part, not the biology?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, absolutely, true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm not at all shocked that cal Unicornia has such a bizarre law. Other states consider factors such as if there was a relationship with the deceased. Yeah, there should have to be some sort of relationship. By the way, going back to this gold digging woman and the Brown family, as it turns out, she fouled her suit too long after the guy died, so there was a settlement that was very favorable for the Brown family.
Speaker 3: I know somebody personally who did that whole thing. Found out they had a sister and now are in touch with them, like well into their forties and they hang out right, And it turned out the sister lived in the same town, so they get together. And Yeah, there are a lot of beautiful stories can to this sort of stuff too, even if there is a will or trust, though common phrases such as to my descendants or to my children can open the door for a surprise relative to make a claim. Affairs have been going on forever, but now they're getting discovered, said an estate planning lawyer in DC with the experience in this sort of thing. Wow, here's a story in Utah brother and sister fighting over their late father's estate when the brother reached out to a man he thought might be their half brother.
Speaker 4: Their DNA match hooray.
Speaker 1: The man's mother apparently had an affair with dad when she worked for him, but the old man didn't have a will, and the man argued his claim in part by noting that the dad had sent him birthday cards with one hundred dollars for years, and the Utah Supreme Court ruled the man was entitled to a third.
Speaker 4: Of the estate.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, see that one. I feel like you're sending a birthday card every year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you are.
Speaker 3: You're a little closer to being dad there. Yeah than the not check your local listing with the laws man. That makes it very, very complicated.
Speaker 4: We get a lot on the wafe.
Speaker 1: He missed segment of the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Geddy.
Speaker 6: High Stakes Talks in Florida, the Trump administration's top negotiators meeting with the Ukrainian delegation to discuss the peace plan being pushed by the presidents. For While both sides calling the talks positive, crucial sticking points remain.
Speaker 4: The Russians are not willing to.
Speaker 6: Agree to a sea spar in any form, while Ukraine is unwilling to conceive territory.
Speaker 3: Well, that seems like a problem in terms of coming together on a peace deal. Let's hear the rest of Ian Pannell's report on CBS News and then we'll discuss.
Speaker 4: The battle raging on.
Speaker 6: Russia launching more devastating drone and missile attacks against Ukraine this weekend and these four killed and dozens wounded in Key, but Ukraine fighting back. Ukraine's intelligence service releasing dramatic video showing sea drones hitting two Russian tankers of Turkey's coast, suspected of smuggling sanctioned Russian oil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are trying to sneak so oil in because you know the world has tried to stop Russia from being able to benefit from any oil production. And a couple of tankers got blown up by Ukraine probably. Meanwhile, Russia continues to bomb Ukraine. This is in the midst of the peace talks, which Mark Hawprin says the closest we've come yet. I didn't follow this over the last week. I didn't follow anything closely over the last week, but when we went on vacation it was announced by Trump Ukraine needs to say yes to this or we're going to cut off all support. Then Marco Rubio came out, I know, a couple of days later. I saw the headline and said, hey, that was not our peace plan. The Russians leaked that out, which I thought was confusing because then why did Trump say you got to agree to it?
Speaker 1: Or I think like the first term, there's a fair amount of Trump shoots off his mouth, and then his cabinet his people have to, you know, clean up the mess.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so they came up with a slightly different piece plan, which all depends on whether or not Putin has any interest in quitting, and nobody knows that or not. I don't exactly understand why he would outside of such I would.
Speaker 4: Be surprised if he would. If he does.
Speaker 3: Seems like it seems like you need some sort of threat from the United States and or Europe that we're going to really support Ukraine if you don't agree to this one, and you're going to be in a heck of a battle. But that is not what's happening. So anyway, we'll follow that over the next couple of days. Some people on the text line unhappy with me for not getting more credit or not being more optimistic about the Trump economy based on the numbers that came out on Friday, because they were way up, like nine percent over the year before for Black Friday spending, And I went on about how I don't know, some people spend their money at the beginning of the holiday season. Sometimes they spend it to the end. It's kind of hard to predict where you end up, which is true. But I wasn't trying to downplay the Trump economy. Once again, quoting Mark Alpern never Farmed his newsletter today, he said this was the this is the most confusing economy he's ever seen. I would agree if if it ends up, if the Christmas season ends up being up nearly double digits like it was on Black Friday, What the hell, everybody, Why are you in record numbers telling pollsters that your own personal economy is worse than it was under Biden? I mean those numbers are high, right direction, wrong directions, setting records. I mean, we had all that stuff before we went on vacation. People are pessimistic as hell about the economy, yet went out and spent.
Speaker 1: More money than the year before. Maybe I don't know, right, Yeah, I need to see this play out because I agree with Halper and it's utterly bewildering.
Speaker 4: I would also say in this.
Speaker 1: You know, I shouldn't even respond to a couple of texts, but if you are still looking at everything that happens through a good for Trump or bad for Trump, used to praise Trump or used to talk Trump lens. Oh man, my god, smell the roses. Take a minute's everything's fine.
Speaker 4: Calm down.
Speaker 1: TG.
Speaker 4: The world does not revolve around Trump.
Speaker 1: TG.
Speaker 3: Touchgrass. Okay, well, this is about Trump. I wanted to read this just because I think this is really interesting. This is from the Associated Press. I have no idea what's going on here. President Trump said yesterday that he would release the results of his MRI test that he received in October.
Speaker 1: Have you been following this.
Speaker 4: Story, Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 3: He got an MRI, they admit that from the White House podium, but they have not released the results.
Speaker 1: Quoting Trump or even what he was getting MRID. Right, Well, that's where it gets interesting here. Oh okay, quoting Trump.
Speaker 3: If you want to have it released, I'll release it, the president said during an exchange with reporters as he traveled back to Washington from Florida over the weekend. He said, the results of the MRI were perfect, which is we've all gotten results back from the doctors.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the way they give you the news. It was perfect.
Speaker 4: Your ankle is one of the best ankles. Many people are saying your ankle is the best they've seen. Thank you doctor.
Speaker 1: The White House has so far declined to detail why Trump had an MRI during his physical last month, or on what part of his body. The Press Secretary Caroline Levitt has said that the president received advanced imaging at Walter Reed National Military's Medical Center as part of his routine physical examination, and that the results showed Trump remains an exceptional physical health.
Speaker 4: This is my favorite part. Trump added yesterday.
Speaker 1: That he is that he has no idea on what part of his body he got the MRI. It was just an MRI, he said, what part of the body. It wasn't the brain because I took a cognitive test and I aised it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems odd to me that he got an MRI, but he has no idea what part of the body.
Speaker 4: As president, now we have to do an MRI on stuff.
Speaker 1: What a nod story, I'd say, huh, what do you think's going on there?
Speaker 4: And who cares? Well? I mean, but no, who's.
Speaker 1: An old fat man?
Speaker 3: I you know, if he needed, if he had to get an MRI, I think it'd be interesting to know on what. But the idea that he doesn't have any ideas well, that's a non starter in terms of my believability.
Speaker 4: Odd and hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if if indeed he said no, there's also fine.
Speaker 4: Everything's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So they suspected maybe he had a spinal problem, but he didn't.
Speaker 4: Why would you? Who cares?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 4: Who would care enough to withhold the information?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I see, I understand your say. Yeah, his shoulder was kind of source. So they did an MRI. Who cares?
Speaker 3: My back was really hurting and they didn't MRI. And I got nothing wrong with me, So I guess it's just you know, age, or I pulled something, I should lifted something heavy whatever. But that's why the cover up is always worse than the crime. The crime here being a minor medical problem. But to say I have.
Speaker 1: No idea what I got an MRI?
Speaker 4: Come on now, Yeah, that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: That reminds me one of the only tense moments at the holiday table was there was a reference to pumpkin Gate because one of my kid's bows was assisting in the making of the pumpkin pie and it was sloppy and ingredient adding, and my wife was not reticent to correct that mistake because it might have ruined the pie, and the ensuing tension, which lasted about three seconds, was referred to as pumpkin Gate. Now, my youngest went on a rant about how stupid it was that everybody was calling everybody calls every controversy something gaate, right since the water Gate Hotel was literally at the gate of the water And but I stepped in and said, that's enough, We're done with this.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the weather.
Speaker 1: Just to fill you in on this. In case you did I was fine. It was a little cinemi cinnamony, but it was fine. In case you didn't follow this. President Trump hosted the annual Turkey pardon at the White House on Tuesday, one of the most ridiculous traditions that we have in the United States of America, and he's soft on turkeys, saying they also was re pardoning last year's birds that only got an auto pen reprieve and saying you can, and saying that he considered naming this year's gobblers Chuck and Nancy. Former President Joe Biden used an auto pen for last year's turkey pardons, the President said, calling them totally invalid. I now re pardon the turkey is known as Peach and blossom from last year. They've been located and they were on their way to be processed. But I've stopped that journey and I'm officially pardoning them. So he got in his auto pin shot on that, which is pretty fun. Yeah. Also commuted the sentence of some burning made off style guy who ripped off thousands of people and emptied their life savings and ruined their lives. But for some reason, he was a New York finance guy. And Trump commuted a sentence, Really it is lovely. Yeah, it's you know, unless there's more to it, it's completely indefensible. Hey, we want to tell you about Omaha Steaks. I like turkey and everything like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's fine, but there ain't nothing like a really good steak or any of your any your meats really from Omaha Steaks, because they have really good chicken too. We've got a special deal during this holiday season. My dad was in the cattle business's whole life, so we always got really good steaks. I know good steak when I see one, I know good hamburgers when I see them.
Speaker 1: And Omaha Steaks are the best.
Speaker 4: Oh when when you eat them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not eating a bad steak ever, and I'm certainly not going to recommend them. Omaha Steaks quality is fantastic. And right now during their kiss this Name Sizzle All the Way sale, you can get fifty percent off site wide at Omaha Steaks dot com. Plus you good folks get an extra thirty five bucks off with the promo code Armstrong at checkout. You want to use that code at checkout Armstrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's Omaha Steaks dot Com. Then the promo code is Armstrong at checkout terms apply sea site for details. But that's fifty percent off site wide and extra twenty percent off select favorites during the cybersale.
Speaker 1: They ship the same day Omaha Steaks dot Com.
Speaker 4: Use that code at checkout Armstrong.
Speaker 1: Do we have to fit this in? Okay? Do we have time? Yes, we do. We have time to fit this in.
Speaker 3: So this is one thing I came across perusing the internet while I was on vacation. This is Representative timber Chet of Tennessee or Kentucky, one of those states. He's a Republican, and he came out of a committee hearing they were having about trying to come up with some rules around particularly House members and their investment. This has been a topic for a while. As they sit in committee hearings, they get tips about which direction you know, regulations are going or the laws going on this, and then they go out and invest accordingly and all become rich because they have information you don't have.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hell, they're writing those laws right.
Speaker 3: And he came out and said this during the holiday breaks, so most people didn't hear it.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Clip seventy three.
Speaker 7: Yeah, everybody talks about this place. Man a dad gum swamp. It's not a swamp. Swamp is something cool God created. It's a hit, filters water, animal life lives and flourishes around it.
Speaker 4: This is a sewer.
Speaker 7: This is created by man and it needs to stop. We've, you know, for years Congress has been using hard work in American taxpayers money to get rich. That gum it's got to stop. America knows what the heck's going on. Everybody wants to knock Pelosi. Heck, she's not even in the top ten. Get on that unusual whale side. This is pathetic, folks. We all know what's going on. Congress knows what the hell's going on, and it needs to stop.
Speaker 1: He goes on for several more minutes.
Speaker 3: One of the things that definitely caught my eye was or ear, was him saying, everybody wants to knock Nancy Pelosi, hick, she's not even in the top ten, which is pretty interesting. And that's a Republican saying that of people who are working the system and using the knowledge they have to get rich. And he talked about we got people in there who are making six hundred trades a year based on information that they get from hearings and become rich.
Speaker 4: That's gotta stop.
Speaker 1: Number One.
Speaker 4: Excellent swamp knowledge there, Congressman. That was really good.
Speaker 1: And a swamp is different from a marsh as well, and we could talk about that someday. But my ear was caught by his reference to the unusual whales site. What did that mean? Uh, your unfair advantage in the market we're building tools to let retail traders uncovery unusual trades that predict market moves before they meet the headlines. Uh so you see all of a sudden, that's weird, trucking stocks are going up, and then three days later Kigers has passed the law deregulating trucking profits. But you see that move first and they.
Speaker 4: Alert you to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish more people would call out their own That's something that he claims. Nancy's not even in the top ten, right, and it leads me to believe that there's a fair number of Republicans that are on that list.
Speaker 1: The fact that he wasn't naming any name. This is kind of an aside, But I was just reading how a lot of young service people, US service people are investing like crazy in this big bull market and doing crypto and all sorts of stuff, doing the meme stocks and just regular investing. And they're like Porsches and Audi's parked across military bases as these young soldiers are getting rich on the market.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, isn't that crazy.
Speaker 3: I suppose we should check in again on what could become a giant controversy on whether or not Secretary of War Pete Hegzeth ordered the murder of a couple of people clinging to a boat.
Speaker 1: That's where it's being.
Speaker 3: Portrayed by detractors. If you don't know that story, we'll get to that, among other things. Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: Tiber. Monday.
Speaker 8: Yes, it is the day when millions of people shop online, so basically Monday.
Speaker 4: Everyone shops online.
Speaker 8: Seriously, I haven't been to a source since Avatar one. Yeah, Cyber Monday is a great way to get ahead of your holiday shopping. And then every gas station gift card rack.
Speaker 4: Is like will see you one the twenty.
Speaker 1: Fourth the gas station gift card wreck. That is some low effort.
Speaker 4: Right, Michael.
Speaker 1: Do we have any Christmas music handy? I love this six the most wonderful time of the year, especially beautiful Portland, Oregon, the most wonderful Partland is sparked outrage after stripping its Christmas tree of its name, referring to it only as the tree.
Speaker 4: During its lighting.
Speaker 1: Ceremony, has thousands gathered in Pioneer Courthouse Square. Leaders and speakers avoided mentioning Christmas at any point at during the whole thing. The festive occasion was kicked off with a woman from the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs, thanking everyone in the crowd for coming out on Native American Heritage Day. Boy, she introduced two younger members of the tribe, who refer to the celebration only as the tree lighting, before handing the microphone to a woman draped in a Palestinian flag, who used her time on stage to lead the crowd in a free Palestine. Chance, this is the perfect time to bring this up. There are a lot of genocides going on, she said, only moments into the just a tree lighting ceremony. I'm pretty sure this is not the perfect time to bring this up. She then led the crowd in the Strong Woman's Song, performed along two young children and another woman, noting that it felt appropriate since we're representing our matriarchs up here.
Speaker 3: You know, I go back and forth between wanting to just roll my eyes at that stuff, knock yourself out, and you gotta fight it at every turn because it might grow right.
Speaker 4: Oh what geez?
Speaker 3: How happy does it make you to not call it a Christmas tree and have somebody chanting free Palestine up there?
Speaker 1: Oh? My god? But the fact that not only was it okay to not make it about a Christmas tree. Nobody uttered the word Christmas, but they did utter Native American Heritage Day and Free Palestine.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, that's the whole playing to the minority thing. Just what the majority of people are there for? The freaking Christmas tree lit up. You can't acknowledge what the majority of people like ninety nine percent of the people. Therefore, you gotta talk about the other trodden upon people with the Free Palestine and Native American miss and whatever.
Speaker 1: In defense of the completely insane and urine stained Rose City, they did trot out of Santa Claus who posed with families and had a sing long of holiday carols, which included, interestingly, angels we have heard on high and be much for a secular depth halls. That's fantastic, Free free Palestine. Oh wait, how much time I got, Michael?
Speaker 4: If you keep eating like you did, not much.
Speaker 1: Minute thirty here? Okay, that's enough time. Maybe I can tell this story then.
Speaker 3: So we're at we stay at Caesar's Palace in Vegas. On the drive out there, and they in Caesar's Palace they have one of those memorabilia stores, really high end memorabilia store, pictures, stuff like that. An Abraham Lincoln's like fifty five thousand dollars. Some really cool stuff in there.
Speaker 1: But the number one seller was a picture from Christmas Vacation of cousin Eddi standing there with the beer in his hand in the row bond saying, esser's full signed by Randy Quaid.
Speaker 4: Wow. And it's the number one sellar.
Speaker 1: And it's three thousand dollars but special now half off fifteen hundred dollars. And I said to the guy, I said, I hope Randy Quid's getting a cut of this. He said, oh, he's doing really well on this. So and I thought about it.
Speaker 3: If he gets two hundred bucks a signing out of the fifteen hundred and signs a thousand in a.
Speaker 1: Day, he made two hundred thousand dollars. Wow, I mean that that would add up pretty fast.
Speaker 4: I'm not paying three k for it. I'm not even paying fifteen.
Speaker 1: Hundred for it. But that's pretty funny. Oh, it's very pretty funny. Their number one seller.
Speaker 3: If you miss a segment at the podcast Armstrong Getty on Demand
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty, mm hmm