Speaker 1: A Welcome to a brand new Second Date Update podcast today. Thanks so much for being here with Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And yeah, you know, normally I'd like to ask a question, but this one I think is already gonna just garner.
Speaker 2: A lot of feelings, a lot of comments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it, Jose, That's exactly it. So let's get to comments that we have had today. Alexis what are you seeing that you like? Yeah, I saw Basso.
Speaker 1: See Basso said I love the smell of Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that would be.
Speaker 1: You know what someone who finally appreciates my oyster cast role life.
Speaker 3: It's a losing.
Speaker 2: What you met, that's what they meant. All right, let's get this podcast started.
Speaker 3: Second Date Update. Meeting somebody that you're interested in at a friend's birthday party, Yeah sounds kind of fun to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a great place to meet.
Speaker 3: And that's actually our listeners story today for how they met. I've actually met somebody that same way. Really, keep in mind, I was inside the cake at the time, ready to pop out, and this party was kind of like a group birthday sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Is there another person in the cake with you, Jeff, No, but I woke up very sore the next morning from crouching inside that cake.
Speaker 2: For do you know what?
Speaker 3: Enough about me and my story. Let's talk to our listener, Paul, Paul, were you inside of a cake too? Wow?
Speaker 2: That sounds like a boring party?
Speaker 3: Was it like a flowing.
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 3: We want to know, like, what was this birthday? How did you meet this person? And let's hear the whole story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so one to a mutual friend's birthday.
Speaker 4: That's really not important, but I.
Speaker 2: Think it is.
Speaker 5: Actually because if you're at a friend's birthday, you know a lot of people.
Speaker 3: There's mutuals there.
Speaker 2: It's different if it's a rand.
Speaker 1: And what I'm curious about is did your friends alert you that there would be a cute single that you.
Speaker 2: Were going to meet? No, okay, okay, okay. It was more of a great this is all on you.
Speaker 3: It's more of a natural meeting.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, So tell us what's the name of this girl that you thought was so attractive?
Speaker 6: Her name is Stacy Stacy, and I would not describe her as a conventional beauty, but she is a person who's extremely striking.
Speaker 2: I can't tell if this is a complimentary.
Speaker 3: It dabbles like almost a compliment, and then it's like a rugged face. What did you call it?
Speaker 1: I mean, why do you say, why even add that into the conversation, that it's not conventionally beautiful?
Speaker 2: Why would you even say that?
Speaker 5: It's just how I would describe her.
Speaker 3: She was not his type, but she's pretty okay.
Speaker 2: And so how did you start a conversation with her?
Speaker 5: Well, I just went up and started talking to her about her outfit, because while it wasn't risque or anything, it was stylish.
Speaker 2: Comments.
Speaker 1: Do you normally meet like models in bikinis places to go?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, But again, it was a friend's birthday party, So I showed up in T shirts and jeans, and there she was in this like very slim, beautiful outfit. She looked like she could be selling cigarettes in the nineteen thirty.
Speaker 3: Again, this is a compliment, you, So she's wearing something that no other woman in their right mind would wear.
Speaker 2: But it was in nineteen thirties.
Speaker 5: Guys, they're painting it in a negative light.
Speaker 2: Oh we are, We're just teasing you.
Speaker 1: She's wearing a flappers Yeah, tell us more about the hangout.
Speaker 5: Well, talking to her, She's obviously a person who gets a lot of male attention, and that.
Speaker 2: Was it obvious to me, it really was it.
Speaker 3: Okay, but okay, is this considered your date?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, no no no no, I got it.
Speaker 5: I got her Instagram handle and then I slid into her DMS.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you didn't ask her out just then, you asked her out later exactly.
Speaker 3: So tell us about the date where you guys met up.
Speaker 5: The day was great, we went out for time, we had good food.
Speaker 6: I continue to ask.
Speaker 5: Her questions about her incredible fashion sense, because again she showed up in another unconventional outfit.
Speaker 2: Is she a stylist or something.
Speaker 7: I'm just trying to think it was like boot cut jeans at this crazy.
Speaker 3: She's like, I'm wearing a dress. Was she dressed?
Speaker 2: Did she like you complimented her on her fashion style?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Obviously. It takes a lot of time and preparation and presenting how she looks, and it's incredible. It is really amazing to see.
Speaker 3: Okay, And you know a lot of women spend like a lot of time before a day getting themselves ready, making sure they look really good. So I'm sure she felt.
Speaker 6: Seen well exactly.
Speaker 5: She said that fashion was her passion.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a bummer sticker, doesn't it.
Speaker 7: So she talked on and on about that and that was great, okay, And at one point the conversation Beard, we realized that we were both conspiracy nuts, which is how bizarre?
Speaker 5: Is that fun?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: You believe in them? Or you just like to know about that?
Speaker 3: Does talk about them?
Speaker 5: I would say, we'd like to talk about him? But specifically, do you guys know the movie Room two thirty seven?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Is it a horror film or it sounds like it.
Speaker 5: No, it's a documentary about the shining. But there's a bunch of conspiracy theories about the movie.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So that was a big point of conversation for you too, because you'd both seen.
Speaker 3: This exactly okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Interesting topics though, you know it's not just weather. What do you Guys.
Speaker 5: Can watch a movie and by the end be like, okay, we got the treasure map, we figured it out.
Speaker 3: Really sexy, set in the mood. So how did you two end the date?
Speaker 2: That was me.
Speaker 5: Probably the only awkward part because when the check came I made a stupid joke about how she would have to venmo me, and then she gave me a really like dirty look, and I was like, I was kidding. I was kidding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh no, did she actually venmo you?
Speaker 6: No? No, no, no, no again.
Speaker 5: I threst that I was only kidding. That was the only hiccup, and we had a great meal.
Speaker 3: I drove her home.
Speaker 7: I kissed her on the cheek and having really gotten that many Okay.
Speaker 2: So there's been some communication. Are you aiming for the cheek or the lips?
Speaker 5: And she turned I would have taken the lips, but I wanted to play it safe first.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So how long has it been since that date happened?
Speaker 6: Almost a week, right.
Speaker 3: And nothing like she hasn't texted you I'm busy or anything.
Speaker 4: It's very like one word answers.
Speaker 3: So no, what do you always tell?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 5: I think she's unconventional?
Speaker 4: So who knows. I'm just wanting if you guys can get her to text me back.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna unconventional woman. Unconventional Is it unconventional way to go about getting in?
Speaker 3: That's for sure. So we're going to reach out to Stacy for you in just a few minutes and find out does she have a reason or is some sort of conspiracy of Hopefully it's the first. We're gonna do it with your second date update right after this hold on second date update. If you missed the first part of our second date, we learned a new way to compliment a woman is to call her an unconventional beauty.
Speaker 1: It's really, honestly a good compliment. It was just the way he was saying it felt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we're unconventional, like you are so sexy, unconventionally. It was a little bit confusing, but we think it was supposed to be a compliment from our listener, Paul, who was He was enamored by Stacy and her unique sense of style along with her unconventional looks that most men might not gravitate towards, but one in a million do find her striking, and that one is with us right now, and it drove Paul to reach out to a radio show, Paul, how are you feeling about us calling her in a second here again? I would like to stress as an attractive again, I'm just quoting you.
Speaker 1: He's not feeling good after that whole recap, jeff But you did say like she probably has men heading on her all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, easily, totally.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, Jose.
Speaker 1: I mean that might just be it. Maybe she's too busy with other dates to.
Speaker 3: Like get back to She's just swimming in a sea of dudes right now, God.
Speaker 2: Are you jealous?
Speaker 3: Book my trip? Anyway, let's reach out to Stacy. Hopefully she picks up and can give us a little bit of insight. I'm down on her number right now.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hi is this Stacy?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey, we're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: What is this? Is this like a pank?
Speaker 2: We do do those, but not this time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. This is our top rated segment called Brooken. No, it's called second Date.
Speaker 2: Updates, Good sell, Jeff.
Speaker 3: I was I was reading a sign on the wall and I got distracted by broken Jeffrey. Yeah, it's actually falling in the rankings. So we'd like for you to be a part of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I don't think so. Fun.
Speaker 2: I think you need to hear why we even have your information.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because one of our listeners says he went out on a great date with you recently and would like to see you again. He's a little confused why it's not happening though. His name's Paul.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I can't even don't even.
Speaker 1: No, wait, don't even with Paul, or you just hate us and don't want to talk to us.
Speaker 4: No, Paul, Like, I have nothing against you, guys, I just can I'm so mad at him.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, oh man, he is in the dark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if that's how you feel about him, that's totally valid. But he doesn't understand why.
Speaker 2: He doesn't even know you're mad.
Speaker 3: According to his recap of the date, it was actually a great night.
Speaker 4: Oh here, he has problems.
Speaker 2: Is it a problem? Wait?
Speaker 1: Is this a problem you noticed on the date or is this something you learned about him later?
Speaker 4: It was what I learned on the date. Okay. Listen. He didn't take any pictures of me at all during our date, and I look freakin incredible.
Speaker 2: You wanted to take photos of you?
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean, the fact is I am friggin' hot, like ridoculously.
Speaker 3: Hot, unconventionally hot. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I would say that definitely.
Speaker 1: Okay, And you wanted him to pull out his camera as soon as he complimented you and start snapping photos.
Speaker 4: At some point he didn't do any and I kept even giving him hints like oh my god, how many more selfies, like take a freaking picture of me?
Speaker 2: Did you say he took selfies? Did you take pictures of himself?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: I took selfie?
Speaker 3: Oh he could have taken That.
Speaker 2: Is funny that he didn't bring that up. That would be word. So you just pictures of yourself.
Speaker 4: If you saw what I look like, you'd understand.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm trying to understand by him not wanting to take a photo of you on his phone.
Speaker 2: No, not not wanting to not.
Speaker 3: Doing not doing it to you? That was like an offense.
Speaker 4: Can I be honest with you? There's a reason they say actions speak louder than words. He can tell me I'm beautiful, Like I know I'm beautiful, okay, but it means nothing without actually taking pictures of my beauty.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: If he if he really thought that you were as beautiful as he said he was, he would have been taking photos to memorialize that moment for all.
Speaker 1: Hey, maybe he took secret candids when you were looking, you know, that would.
Speaker 3: The did you just say that's creepy.
Speaker 4: I heard her say that, Well, the creepture if he did it without knowing it.
Speaker 2: You do have boundaries. I am happy to hear that.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope that this isn't too creepy to tell you, but he's been taking pictures. Paul is actually on the other line quietly listening, and yeah, it's how the segment works as we have them listen to hear what the reasoning is. So, Paul, are you there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would just want to say that I know you looked incredible on the day, and that's how I was telling you how beautiful you were. And I'm pretty sure I said it like multiple times.
Speaker 4: Yousaul works me nothing without the actions to back it up.
Speaker 7: Well, I was just focused on being present with you and having a good conversation and connecting with you.
Speaker 4: I thought that was more important. Really, you are just thinking of yourself.
Speaker 2: Selfish, selfish.
Speaker 1: I think he's trying to say that there was so much more to you, you know, than just how beautiful.
Speaker 4: I think you're giving him a pass he doesn't deserve.
Speaker 3: Okay, Paul, can you admit that you were selfish that night by not taking a bunch of photos of her.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. I never thought that would be an offense.
Speaker 4: Well, that sounds fasionizing. And I was so sad when I got home that night. I only took five selfies in my house.
Speaker 3: Only five.
Speaker 4: I'd take a lot more. Hello.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, if you only take five photos of yourself, you know that's a bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah. What do you have to say about it, Paul?
Speaker 5: You know, out of the millions of different things that could have gone wrong on the date, I didn't think of this.
Speaker 6: I should have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I wish.
Speaker 6: I wish i'd taken more photos.
Speaker 5: I really I wish I had, And.
Speaker 4: I wish that the apology could have come a long time ago. Home.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, are you saying it's too late?
Speaker 3: We're having constructive communication here, So maybe this is a good opportunity to ask. Would both of you consider going out with each other another time with many, many photos taken of Stacey? And if you're willing to do that, then we would pay for it.
Speaker 7: Photographer.
Speaker 2: No, No, we don't have that much.
Speaker 4: I think you should buck us a trip.
Speaker 2: We don't have that at all.
Speaker 3: We said, we don't money. Do you want to pall the boocket.
Speaker 4: Didn't I just say that? I feel like I just said that.
Speaker 3: Okay, want to check with them.
Speaker 2: You weren't even going to call him back.
Speaker 3: How great she's going to look on vacation, bro.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking, like our class, what Paul coach wherever? That is? That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: You're a road trip.
Speaker 1: That's so that's how you apologize to you?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, listen, he can sit and coach.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's going to save him some money though.
Speaker 3: Ye, this is very very reasonable woman on the phone who clearly thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're welcome, Stacy sarcasm.
Speaker 3: Fortunately, due to our radio budget, we're not going to be able to pay for plane tickets, but maybe we can fund the in flight meal at least the coach one. We could probably afford that one for Paul.
Speaker 2: It's usually an eight dollars sack box.
Speaker 3: Paul, would you be open to this idea?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: What choice do I have? I mean, is that the only way I can spend time with her?
Speaker 6: Then that's what I have to do, right.
Speaker 3: Wow, the length that he's willing to go to for you, Stacy, would you agree to a date with.
Speaker 4: Him as long as he's in coach except the times that I'm in first class. Wow, and he does.
Speaker 3: First class tickets. Honestly, you're next to him.
Speaker 2: Is they are not equals? Okay, he needs.
Speaker 3: To remember he's going to be punished for a few weeks before he's allowed to sit next time. But look at that, Paul, you asked us for another date. You started off with a little bit of miscommunication, not enough photos taken, and ended with the most unconventional, beautiful romance in all of history.
Speaker 2: Wow, I have a tear in my eye.
Speaker 3: I must feel good.
Speaker 5: It doesn't feel bad.
Speaker 2: It will when you check your bank account.
Speaker 3: She doesn't care.
Speaker 2: About that freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: When you're a man and you see a sliver of an opening to hang out with an unconventional woman, and she says, buy me a first class plane trip to somewhere nice while you sit and coach. You can't let an opportunity like that slip away. Yes, that's right, it's not an opportunity.
Speaker 4: Cheff.
Speaker 2: Sounds like such a good, healthy relationship.
Speaker 4: Yup.
Speaker 3: Paul is no fool and jumped right on top of it. That's why he's on Travelocity right now, booking a seven thousand dollars first class ticket to Turks and Caicos like a real gentleman. I always wanted to go there.
Speaker 2: Well, he flies in the luggage compartment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if he's lucky. But hey, good on you, Paul. You came here for a date and you're left with one.
Speaker 1: Do you think that we're going to get an update from them, like five years from now, where they're happily married with a couple babies on the way.
Speaker 3: She's like, he bought me my house and he stays over at his house. Yeah. Love does work in mysterious ways, and sometimes it takes us to give it a little bit of a nudge. So email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, and go check out all of our second dates, see our whole resume wherever you get your podcasts. They're up at Broken Jeffery
Speaker 2: Broken Jeffrey in the morning.