Speaker 1: I'm stuck in Times Square. I can't get anywhere. I finally look at Steve. He's not keeping up. I am a fast walker. I am like I'm in and out. I finally look at him and I said, I love you. I'm going to leave you. I'm booking it. I don't care how I have to get there. I'm getting back to the hotel to sit in my ass in that hotel roop so I can watch games.
Speaker 2: And he goes fine.
Speaker 3: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Welcome everybody to the Calm Down Podcast. Aaron and I are both with ar check. I don't want to speak for her, but I will with all of oar This one's drinking soup. I am coating my throat with a little sore throat chloro septic hanging on here.
Speaker 2: What is happening?
Speaker 3: I blame rich Ruth So rich Rus are our director. He's been nasally for two weeks. I got in on the way home on our flight on Thursday. I was so excited, had the weekend off, my parents are in town, my kid first Thanksgiving, and I'm freaking dog sick. Richard, So no, this is on you truth. Yeah, and now I've started this throat thing, which is great because that needs to be gone by the time I sit down and brock perty tomorrow. So come on.
Speaker 1: Ooh, okay, well we've got a lot to get to today, so we're gonna talk Turkey Leggate, Amazon Black Friday. First Black Friday game for me coming from New York. My parents were also out there. We'll talk about all that and some Ryan's reaction. What fun segment that we have, our wonderful producer Ryan. It is predicated off of a topic that we had in the pregame about living with your in laws, and Ryan has done that, so we will get his thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: All right, Girlfriends, start us off.
Speaker 1: You were, of course working the famous holiday tradition of the Detroit Lions Thanksgiving Day game against the Packers. Of course we know the Packers showed up and that one tell us everything and go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was really a cool vibe because I think it was well, I don't think it was the first Thanksgiving where I just felt like there was just so much buzz in Detroit and I've done that was my six Thanksgiving in Detroit, and I've never experienced the fans just being this excited. Kevin Burkhardt had a fan sitting next to him on the plane that talked about how he goes to that game, you know, every single year, but this year the tickets were really expensive, so they were just so excited to be at home watching it together. So it was great. The scene was awesome. It was a really fun, fun vibe. Jordan Love played unreal. The Packers' defense and all the pressures that they put on. Jared Goff was amazing, had a great time. Didn't sit down with Jordan his first sit down right the day before, so that was great. And then I get home and the next morning, you know, I haven't looked at my phone. I'm trying to be with my family and trying to feel good and all that stuff, and I see there's like a chatter about Turkey leg gate on Fox, and I was like, what the hell is this? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: What's happening? Who did we piss off?
Speaker 3: We? I will say that on behalf of Greg Olsen, who I guess is feeling some heat on the internet. Greg Olsen had a turducan up in the booth. He plowed through it. He ate it, but that Turducan was not supposed to be for Jordan Love. Since I've been doing sidelines for Fox on Thanksgiving, I've never given out a turkey leg. I've just we've never had that, so there is no turkey leg gate. There were many tweets once the boys alerted me to the people hating Greg Olson, which they don't I say that in all you know, fun and games. People were saying, we need to know the answers to turkey leg gate. There are no answers to turkey leg gate. For as long as I've done Thanksgiving on Fox, which I think this is my eleventh or twelfth year, I've never given out a turkey leg. That's not because I ate the turkey. Let's be careful with what we all say. And that's not because Greg ate the turkey. Greg ate the turkey, but we weren't going to give out those. We just have never given out turkey legs so America.
Speaker 2: So that's how do I understand?
Speaker 3: I know? And then I had heard like, oh, the Packers are ripping Greg and we apparently we ruined Jordan Love's Thanksgiving. I think everyone knows I was raised a Packers fan until I had to be neutral. Jordan Love was fine. He seemed great. He got the win, he bawled out, so he seemed good. But yeah, there was no conspiracy, guys, so sorry, I mean, I know we all love to think that there was. I've never given out a leg.
Speaker 2: Well, here's let's just go off press her.
Speaker 3: Those legs don't taste good when they are given out, Like one player told me one time, it was really waxy or something because they have to make it look really good good something like that. Anyways, I don't want to start more controversy because we could go off the rails. But yeah, I just there was no Turkey leg gate. Greg Olsen, he's not a criminal. He's not leave him alone.
Speaker 1: For those of you that missed what Aaron's talking about with Greg so up in the booth. Of course, they do the shot of the of the guys, as they always do. It's Kevin, it's Greg and Greg, and Aaron's told this plenty of stories about Greg too, Greg while having him as a guest on our podcast, of the savage nature of this neanderthal and breaching his hand into you know, bags of chips or bowls of chips whatever. So he's up in the booth and he just goes rah into the tru duckan and he looked, he looked like he's just a caveman.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: I loved it, but I didn't realize that that had turned into such a disaster when it didn't make no idea shot me. If you've heard that before, so yeah, and again if you've never done it in the past, like, if there's no precedence to support tradition, then now why all of a sudden is it because people like to get mad about nothing?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: But that was the whole thing that people were like, are you going to make a statement about what I mean? I have never given out a turkey leg of all the things I have been you know, called out for, it's not today.
Speaker 2: It's not good.
Speaker 1: We just didn't have any Here's no here's something that's random and detroit lyons fans. I'm really sorry, but Richard Sherman had sent on our tech chain, which again the Internet. I have so many thoughts about the Internet, good, badtern different, But in this particular case, how in the world do.
Speaker 2: You guys know this?
Speaker 1: And who's keeping track of this? So this goes back. It's a it's like a little graph thing here on the moon phase. Okay, right, so there's like a crescent moon, there's a half moon, there's a full moon.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 3: This moon face just got a new moon. Last night we did, Oh.
Speaker 1: God, I need to go save you do something. I got to read up on what I got to do. I'll take it off, light a candle.
Speaker 3: I got all this mucus for the new Wait. I actually that's a bad sign, is it?
Speaker 2: How do you know? Well, this can't be.
Speaker 3: A good sign if the new moon is supposed to be a new beginning. Maybe how I feel like I need a new beginning. Maybe it's a plus rod in my nose. Let me clear myth roat.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Waxing gibbus is a moon phase. This dates back to nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 1: Every time there's a waxing gibbus moon phase, the Detroit Lions have lost one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve thirteen losses when this moon phase falls on their Thanksgiving game. I don't know, bring it up with the powers upstairs. I just thought that was interesting. So while everyone's worried about turkey leggate. You should be taking it up with the moon. That's the real culprit here, not greg Olsen. That's all I gotta say about that. Free greg Olsen, unreal. He is not a turn duck can stealer.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you get to go home and you land and you get to obviously you're not spending Thanksgiving with Mac, but you got to have it the next day. He's not eating solid yet, right, He's still.
Speaker 3: We're not there yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, Yeah, but what did you guys do for your because your parents are in town, you just do like recreate the whole day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just pretended Thanksgiving. We actually had it later at night because Jarrett had to work during the day. So we got everything prepared and then Mac fell asleep before we even sat down at the table. Mac wasn't involved in Thanksgiving, so that was fine. I was sick anyways, so whatever, but it was fine. We had a little place setting for him, which was really ter mad, and yeah, it was it was nice. Like I said, my mom and dad were there, my sister and her boyfriend, one of my girlfriends came because she didn't go home, and our nanny and it was great. But yeah, the kid was fast asleep. So I'm back so sweet.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: And then you were in New York. I was We called you on our way to the stadium.
Speaker 1: Yep, I was in New York for Amazon's first Black Friday game, So yeah, on third. We got there Wednesday or was it Wednesday?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or Tuesday? Tuesday night.
Speaker 1: Wednesday did like, you know, different whatever because we had all these different sets and stuff. So we did rehearsal stuff, had a great crew dinner and I know you feel the same way here and I am where'd you guys go?
Speaker 2: Grateful for Amazon?
Speaker 1: We we went to it was just at a hotel, like a ballroom kind of thing, because Amazon hosted every single person that works on her crew, the truck driver, the audio guy, the you know, camera meant, anybody that was working Black Friday. We had a big, huge dinner and it was so nice because so Taylor Swift of them.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it.
Speaker 1: I know, it was very and it was just I don't know, it was just a reminder that you know, and I know that the shots from your guys's game too, and just shouting out these people that you know, take time away from their family, and I missed these holidays as usually mentioned eleven years. But it was awesome. So we got to do that on Wednesday with everybody. Then Thursday, everyone kind of broke off and was with their families. A couple of the boys came with me and my family for Thanksgiving dinner because they didn't have their families out there.
Speaker 2: But it was good. It was nice.
Speaker 1: And you know, by the time that we went around the table and we all said what we were thankful for, Kathy's in tears.
Speaker 2: Richard's getting up.
Speaker 1: To give her a hug because she's like so thankful because she loves Richard. I mean, it was just like it was one of those really sweet moments that I'm just like grateful for our football family. And then Friday the game was off. I mean, you know, look, the game itself wasn't necessarily awesome. It was I've never seen a hail Mary turn into a ninety nine yard interceptional turn for a touchdown, Like it was like, it's such a and I feel bad. It was like such a moment for the Jets where it's like, here's this last second thing that then turned into a touchdown go the other way, and you're like, oh my god, it's a microcosm of our season. But so the game itself was a little bit more, you know, one sided for the Dolphins that I'm sure everybody would have liked.
Speaker 3: But how was the crowd? Were they really pissed?
Speaker 2: They weren't. I think it was I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, it wasn't like booing, but I think it was just sort of like this overall frustration of what was happening, you know, and you know, kind of I don't want to say they're done, but it looks like they're done given their record. We're speaking of record, Like what a difference a day or a game, max. Like yesterday at work and I'm sitting there looking at these playoff scenarios. It's like you have the Rams when you had the Packers winning on Thursday, and it's like, oh my god, these guys are now in the conversation of potentially making the playoffs. Then you've got the Browns obviously with the skid that they've been on and losing to Sean Watson and then Miles Garrett gets banged up yesterday. It's like all these different teams and the fricking Steelers are still in this thing, and I'm like the window fell is so maybe I feel like I say this every year, but it feel like this year more so than other. There's just such parody where you can't even disseminate like who's going to be in and who's going to be out without the exception of like those top tier teams. It's crazy. The Broncos, Yeah, they're five game winning streak. They go from you know, one in five to now being five of six and five, so crazy, crazy, crazy crazy. But that's why the NFL is so great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hate the injuries. It really sucks, but I agree it's Kevin and Greg said it best after our game. Do you think differently of the Packers now after seeing the way they went into Detroit and played the way they did and they had about thirty injuries going into that game? No Aaron Jones, no jy R. Alexander, like they were missing huge pieces to the puzzle. And good for Jordan love man, that kid. I it feels weird to not see Aaron there on Thanksgiving Day in that uniform. I don't care how many times he'll suit up for the Jets when he's better, but it still feels weird. But good for this kid. He is so even key. He doesn't go up or down. It's just he's a real, wait for it, treat to be around. I'm excited for him. I'm happy for him. And yeah, football's not I know, and you know what, so yeah make it up.
Speaker 2: You know what sucks. And this is just the world that we live in.
Speaker 1: The immediacy as we sit and do this podcast because Frank Reich was fired on Monday in Carolina. Panthers eat that, and you just look at this, you know, the turnover, whether it's coaching or whether it's you know, Bryce Young, if he doesn't do it this year like that, he's not the future of the franchise. These guys have just such a short window to make an impact. And it's further highlighted by you know, we've talked about it before on this podcast, like the you know surgeons of a guy like c. J. Strouded for their highlights that you do have to you have to have this immediate impact. But I will say even looking at like we were doing a Broncos game Broncos Chiefs game Week six and postgame show, we're talking about you know, Russell's got all this money that he's owed on his contract.
Speaker 2: Do they just pay him out and let him walk? And like all these things.
Speaker 1: And now we are sitting here as we enter week thirteen and being like, hey, this is working.
Speaker 2: And when I sat down with Sean.
Speaker 1: Payton earlier or last week for that sit down interview, he was saying that he had reference what Dan Campbell had done with the Lions, and he showed the guys that that they started last year one and six and then you know, finished the season, think winning eight out of the last ten games, whatever it was, but sort of like give it a second, like there is a recipe, this will work.
Speaker 2: Stay with me, and it's.
Speaker 1: Obviously proved to work there in Denver.
Speaker 3: It's a long season.
Speaker 2: Long season, yep.
Speaker 1: So where are you this week? Oh oh, you've got a fucking monster.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Before that, though, did you see my Dan Campbell live interview on the pregame show on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't see that because I was stuck in the middle of Times Square, which I'll tell you about when you're done with that, because I can't wait to tell you the debauchery that happened.
Speaker 3: Oh well, Anyways, it was really cool and really gracious. Dan Campbell went live with us probably like twenty minute ten minutes before the game started, and he went live on the pregame and just talked about the excitement of the game, playing on a short week, YadA, YadA, YadA, And then like I made I asked him, like he drinks two venti cups of coffee a day, which I guess is equal to forty ounces of coffee, but then he has two espresso shots in each, so four espresso shots forty ounces of coffee and four espresso shots a day. And I asked him, because it's a holiday, do you still do that? And he's like, hell yeah, still doing it. So I had to throw it back to Stray who was out, you know, in Times Square where you were, and I just said, hey, you know you used to play with Michael Strahan any idea like you know what was his intake on Thanksgiving Day? And Dan Campbell, in all seriousness, goes, I know I'm supposed to have fun and make fun in strayhand right now, But he goes, I can't make fun of a guy who made me a better player and a person for four years with the New York Giants. He goes what he taught me on and off the field. I just will never forget. And I am great, and I'm like, my god, I'm not even Michael Strahan and I'm touched they take this shot of stray. I want to say this really quick about Dan Campbell. I know they lost the game. That has nothing to do with what I'm about to say. We had this segment on our game where we showed his introductory press conference. You talked about it being a long year, a long season, a long couple of years to get your formula in and for it all the payoffs. Orr, I'm closing my curtain. He had had an introductory press conference that everybody made fun of. He talked about biting knee caps off and wanting Tiger Lions down on the field, and people just took swings at this guy and just said, what the hell. This doesn't you know, make sense? This isn't going to work out now. He's like obviously taken Detroit to another level, but he is one of the sweetest men I think I deal with in sports. There was a gentleman, a local writer for Detroit that had lost his wife and he did a whole article about how it was the worst day of his life, and in a press conference, Dan Campbell took a question from him and said, my heart goes out to you. I really feel that. I'm so sorry. Then there was a woman that asked him a question in a press conference a couple of weeks later. He hadn't met her. He answered the question. He goes, I'm sorry, what's your name? And she said her name and said nice to meet and he goes, it's nice to meet you. He is such a freaking gentleman. I love him. And yeah, I just was curious if you saw that part with strength, No, you were square, what was happening?
Speaker 2: Well, I had left after I had FaceTime.
Speaker 1: I went to a friend of mine not to glaze of this, because that Dan Campbell's stuff. That that's what matters, right, Like the just taking the time, and whether it's a coach or whether it's anybody in an organization when they've got a million other things going on to care about the people around them, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I love hearing that.
Speaker 1: I don't have a relationship with tent, but I love anyone that's ever spoken about him. And going back to the introductory press conference real quick and then I'll get back to Times Square.
Speaker 2: Stay with me, draw a map forty seconds straight?
Speaker 1: Is Nick Sirianni got just a viscerated for his introductory press conference and then Hewers, Yep, he was like going off about these things. By his own admission, he was like, yeah, I was kind of all over the place, but I was nervous. And it was during COVID that he got the job, so he wasn't in front of his players. And anyways, when I sat down with him last year, he was talking about how he used that as an example and got back up in front of his players and said, hey, I'm going to show you this again. This didn't work, but it's the humility to stand up here and say, hey, this didn't work, but I'm going to be better because of it, and expected his players to do the same that if they made a mistake or did something that maybe wasn't the best execution, that to be able to stand up and say I'd like to fall on the sword on that one, run back down the court and say my bad, and do it again. So anyways, shout out to those coaches who just are good people independent of being great coaches. Okay, I'm stuck in Times Square because I go to my friend's house or not house. They had rented this hotel room because my friend Bo He's always wanted to see the Macy's Day Parade from up above in New York. And I was like, oh, that's great. So he has a bunch of friends over whatever, so we're watching that. Then I was like, okay, I got to go watch these games. So I'm thinking, no problem, I'm Columbus Circle.
Speaker 2: I'm not that far from the hotel.
Speaker 1: There's also who needs to hang out in Times Square during the Mason's Day Parade. Not anyone, but it was close enough where I was like, oh, we could walk over to Yard House, no problem.
Speaker 2: Every street's shut down.
Speaker 3: This street can't walk, this street can't walk, this street can't walk.
Speaker 1: This street can't at one point, so it's just Steve and I and now I'm like, I've got to go see the game.
Speaker 3: I gotta see the game. I gotta see your and I gotta do this.
Speaker 1: And it's like it's a big deal for me, and not that it matters to you, because obviously, like we've done a million games over the years, but like I always like to see your first hit, or I like to see your interviews or stuff like that, just like see what you's wearing. Until you're doing a good job. Anyways, So I'm stuck. I'm stuck in Times Square. I can't get anywhere. I finally look at Steve. He's not keeping up. I am a fast walker. I am like I'm in and out. I finally look at him and I said, I love you. I'm going to leave you. I'm booking it. I don't care how I have to get there. I'm getting back to the hotel to sit pass in that hotel room so I can watch games. And he goes fine, I took off. I was like, I can't do this because this is what the move.
Speaker 2: I can't do.
Speaker 1: He can't keep I can't keep going like this, And looking back, he said, cursa, I'm toys your size. I can't just dodge around the strollers and everything that you are. And I was like, fine, then we're not going to get in a fight over this. We're just gonna divide and conquer. I'm going this way, You're going that way. We'll both end up at the same place and we avoid a fight. But I can't be looking through the crowd and hurting my neck every time I go back, and it worked out great.
Speaker 3: I get back the hotel, I see my parents and they're like, where's Steve?
Speaker 1: And I go, I don't know, still probably midtown, and my mom started laughing. She goes, you are your father's daughter. She goes, your dad does this to me all the time. My dad will just leave her and he's like, keep up or else, meet me wherever we're going, because let's just avoid the fight.
Speaker 2: And it worked. So I missed your hit, but I saw the last part of the game.
Speaker 1: Anyways, word to the wise, don't try to navigate the streets of New York post Macy's Day parade.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna get anywhere.
Speaker 3: I think I would shit if my husband laughed me, and I know he'd be pissed if I left him. But like, I don't understand why I can't keep up. It's a fit guy. What's going on?
Speaker 1: I can't understand why I can't keep up because Steve's more patient than I am, so he probably is letting the ten people go in front of him as.
Speaker 2: Opposed to me.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no exactly, I'm like, move it out of the way.
Speaker 2: We have football thoughts to go.
Speaker 3: We're doing family pictures on the beach yesterday and I really loved doing it, but like I also had Eagles bills on, I don't have time like for fifty photos. I get a go did you get this shot? To see what's happening? We got them. I don't know. The one person that wasn't like freaking behaving was my dog. The infant was fine. The dog had the issue. It was like he was over like it was like so much going on, the birds with the waves. It was like, Jesus, just sit here and stay thank you.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, set the scene for me, but that makes sense if there's like a million things going on, he's not gonna just sit there.
Speaker 2: Did you bring treats?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: How did you? Entirely?
Speaker 3: He's my prize child? No, because it was just supposed to be fifteen minutes, we're in, we're out. It's like halftime so I can go see the game afterwards. And it was like, oh my god, just sit sit.
Speaker 1: Was Kendra jumping up and down with the stuffed animal for mac? How is this going down? I need a visual on what was happening? For the first family Christmas photo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had like a thing. They were like, oh, this isn't even our Christmas photo. This was like my parents are in town, so we wanted pictures with my parents and the kid and all that kind of yeah, and like family picks and all that stuff that's adorable. So yeah, no, Mac was fine. Mac was like looking up, looking down, looking wherever. He didn't care. But you had the dog was just like a bird, oh, seagull. I was like, sit, why are you itching? You never itch? Why are you itching? Stop itching?
Speaker 2: It's going over the itching.
Speaker 1: I always picked my dogs up from boarding and then they're itching, and I was like, what's going on over here? And then I felt like a bad mother. I was like, should I check in? Because I've been boarding them at the same place. They're the best. I really do love my dog boarding place, and they like get to roam outside and they have all these friends or whatever. But I mean, Aaron, I probably haven't checked out the surroundings there, and I don't know ten years. So I was like, oh, what's really going on over here? So I had them send me pictures and I was like, Okay, I'm fine. I just felt like a negligent mother. You get it, you know, like maybe maybe the place of change. But no, they're fine. They're thriving, itching but thriving. Okay, wait, I want to go back real quick too. In our pregame one of our anonymous, which was a smart move to do it as an anonymous individual.
Speaker 3: In case your in laws listen to the podcast which if they do good.
Speaker 2: For them and thank you.
Speaker 1: Anonymous asked about to move in with my in laws any advice? Welcome everybody, Ryan our wonderful the podcast. If you're watching on YouTube and those of you that are just listening, this segment is brought to you by Ryan because we all erin and I like to rant and rant and ramt, but sometimes it's very important to get the male perspective on things. In this particular case, Aaron and I both had the same reaction to living with in laws. We said, eh, I don't know about that. Good luck, have patience. Then Ryan says, I've lived with my in laws, so go ahead. Ryan, just like to clarify before I'm killed. I think it's living with anyone.
Speaker 3: It's just hard.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 3: It doesn't have to be your in laws, it could be your aunts and uncles. It could be your grandma and grandpa.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, hey, look speaking from experience and my in law. My in laws know that I love them, just spent all weekend with them. But I will tell them straight to their face it was hard. It is It is not easy, and we did it for I think it ended up being almost a year and a half. So yeah, oh my god, it was a while. Why well, So it initially started with my now wife fiance and I at the time got engaged and we were like, hey, living in southern California, how are we going to make this work now? That house? So we were like, okay, this will be a short term thing where let's just you get out of your lease. We'll get in with your parents for a little bit and do it. Then when we were house shopping, we ended up deciding on a new development. So then we had to wait for it to be finished getting which is what took the extended timeline. Throw into the fact that that all happened at the end of twenty nineteen and sort of or throughout twenty nineteen and then bled into early twenty twenty. Oh yeah, COVID lockdown right at the finish.
Speaker 3: Line, we were with your in laws.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we were having a time. We were having a time.
Speaker 3: How'd you get right there? You go?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I would say, you're definitely right with what you initially said, which is like right out the gate. Everyone's got to have like their boundaries there. You know, my wife and I had already been together for several years at that point, so like I was well familiar with her family. I definitely was not going into a situation as if like I didn't know who my in laws were, So that helped. And then yes, you definitely need to just lay down some groundwork like, hey, this is sort of how I operate. You obviously have to totally fit in with what they already got going on, So you have to understand that you have to make changes yourself, like you're not going in there and running the show. You've got to fall in line, but also know what's important to you and what you need to get done. And then we just always took advantage of any opportunity we could to do like a weekend get away somewhere, because.
Speaker 2: At some time to leave.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, but seriously, because you need your own time, you need your own space. Even as great of a relationship as I have with them, you eventually just becomes we need our own private time, private space away from everyone.
Speaker 3: Okay, question was there two places to watch television?
Speaker 5: Uh? Two places to watch television now that I think about it, Noo, there was only one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, communal TV watching space, because that would be my biggest thing. We're already like even if I want to watch something and Steve doesn't, I'm like, you can go upstairs, like go do a different area of the house and watch TV there.
Speaker 3: That would be my like, how did you navigate that? Sure?
Speaker 5: Well? Again, and this is part of why it was great, Like they had known my career and my job and what I was doing at the time time, and that was one thing that was sort of I was like, Hey, this is what it's got to be. You know, if there's games on and stuff, like I'm there watching games, you know, if I need to, obviously could just pull up a laptop or an iPad if there's something that was going on. But that was one thing that was very clear from the get go, like this is how it's going to be. And they're like, yeah, sure, no problem, we don't care. And you know, her dad's a casual sports fan, so yeah, oh for sure. Yeah, but that was one of the early ons you got to just be honest about how things are going to go.
Speaker 1: Wait, Ryan, now that we have here, I have a few other questions as it pertains to the male perspective.
Speaker 2: Sure, wait, are.
Speaker 3: We done with this topic, because that was going to ask your relationship with your fiance at the time, a lot of whisper fighting.
Speaker 5: Whisper fighting, mister, Yeah, I mean so there were definitely they So they have a little bit of like a larger land, especially if for southern California, so like the big backyard. So if we were having a moment, it'd be like, let's just go out to the backyard, taking the.
Speaker 2: Get away from it all, just hash this out for sure.
Speaker 5: So that definitely helped that. It wasn't like a small confined space that if we needed some privacy, you knew where you could go to get that.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine you're inlaws in the house being like they're in the backyard again, looks come out there.
Speaker 5: At least they don't hear what's happening, you know, at that.
Speaker 3: Point exactly they can know what's going on.
Speaker 5: They're they're aware. You know, they're going to be aware of things that go down. They've been married for forty years, so they get it.
Speaker 3: Good way to look at it.
Speaker 1: Wait, I have Oh, I'm gonna save this one for next week's podcast because I have got a story for you guys, because my dad and mom. Obviously we're in New York all year, all year, all year, and they were there all the whole time. I was there for the last three days and Steve was hanging out with them because if I had production meetings, I had other things to do whatever, like, and Steve's with the parents, you guys, And.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna save it because it is worth getting into a whole conversation for and Brian.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to bring you back next week for Ryan's reactions because I can't even do it right now. And I go and ask Steve's PERMISSI to say this, because now I'm asking permission for everything. But I overheard him say something to my father that I said, Oh my god, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: And I said to him later, I go, why would you do that?
Speaker 1: And he goes, huh, Scott and I are best friends, And I said, Jesus, I'm like they are now so close we're having those conversations. So that's a tease for next week's podcast, because let me tell you, these two have gotten way too close for my comfort at this point. I'm like, better than the alternative. Oh no, no, no, it's it's far better than the alternative. But you guys will appreciate the question or the conversation that was overheard.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, let me add this real quick, you know, in a in a weird not even a weird roundabout way, but going through that with my in loss, now it's like we can do anything, like there's anything.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, there's no uncomfortability about anything that ever happens, because when you do that for over a years, it's just like we're good, you know. So, yeah, definitely does have its benefits. It's not all bad by any means. It's hard, and you're going to go through some stuff to where you're like, you know what, maybe we just move out and figure it out from here, and who knows what we're gonna do with the house that we just spot, but figure it out. But once you get through it, you're like, that really wasn't that bad?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a nice silver lightning.
Speaker 3: How long did that seem?
Speaker 5: Uh? Again, like I said, it felt not bad, but that those last like four months was like we're never going.
Speaker 3: To get there out of here, or we're getting a divorce or.
Speaker 5: No, no, definitely not, but just that, like with everything that was happening, You're just like, I don't know if I'm gonna make it. This is like we got we got to get out of this house for a lot of reasons, not even just anything that necessarily had to do with them.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait real quick, because I mentioned how in Times Square I told step I was leaving and I was gonna go walk. We've had different conversations on this podcast before about like would you board the plane without your wife or like would you you know, different things, whatever, How do you feel about leaving your wife if it was like she's not walking as fast or you're not walking as.
Speaker 5: Fast, absolutely zero percent chance that would ever happen. She what do you mean you live it? Oh there's really Oh yeah, oh yeah, I know my wife, we do. There is no abandonment happening. Now, what I will say is I no abandonment that we're.
Speaker 3: Not on a deserted Island. We are in Times Square, Saron.
Speaker 5: You get it though, that would not be acceptable, not under any circumstances.
Speaker 3: But that no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The only time I've that's ever happened was we were traveling with some friends and we were on a tight, tight connection and I was like, all run through the airport to make sure that someone Yeah, exactly. That was the time I was given verbal confirmation that I was allowed to leave during a travel situation. But what I will say is I could see myself being Steve, and if something was happening, I got no problem telling her, Hey, if you think you need to go, like, I'll figure it out. Like we're here. I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, he didn't flinch. He's like whatever.
Speaker 1: He's also the guy that sat in first class and was okay with me in comfort plays.
Speaker 2: Let's just go ahead.
Speaker 5: And you know, not even in the slightest would that ever occur.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Well Ryan's reactions. Stay tuned for next week. He's back for more. Also, Brian's in charge of keeping us on track for time. I think we're out of time, all right, perfect, Well, Ryan, you're the best. Thank you as always, Happy Thanksgiving. I know we have to stop saying that because it's now moved into the next week, but we didn't get a chance to say it.
Speaker 2: Last week to you guys. You guys are the best.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being loyal, loving listeners of the Calm Down Pad Calm Down Podcast for me to say we love you guys so much and without getting into it, we got all your messages and just love you and thank you and can't wait to keep this thing going and as always, submit all questions, comments and concerns the Calm Down Podcast. For next week's pre game, stay tuned. We may or may not have a voice depending on that. And Aaron's got a massive game. You've got a massive game. You've got San Francisco and Eagles. I've got Dallas and Seattle for my Thursday night game, and we will recap all that and much more on next week's podcast.
Speaker 3: By the way, Calm Down by Guys. Calm Down with Aeron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio apps, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.