Speaker 1: Hey, I'm only talking to demand. It's One more Thing.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and are a rare.
Speaker 3: Michaelangelo hosted One More Thing podcast, very exciting the man.
Speaker 2: I wonder does he mean like answering to the man or the mail?
Speaker 3: Who knows person who identifies this man?
Speaker 2: Oh lord?
Speaker 3: So Michael was gone for several days celebrating his wedding anniversary, which is how many years?
Speaker 1: Four years.
Speaker 3: I can't believe we were at your wedding for.
Speaker 1: Four years ago.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so we had a good time. We went to the coast and saw, you know, the ocean just relaxed.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: But unfortunately we got a dead battery along the way, which really sucked. And so way there, uh no, we actually stopped at a store to get some supplies and then went out to the car and dead battery just didn't start, so we had to get Yeah, so we called a tow truck and they showed up luckily five minutes away. So he was really easy, not a big deal at all.
Speaker 2: The last time I needed a tow truck five hours whoa, Yeah, it was ridiculous. Anyway, long story go ahead. So it was great.
Speaker 1: Guy was super you know, super friendly. They turns out we do need a new battery. The battery had been going low, so we finally just said, okay, go ahead and replace it. So he put it in no problem. But as he's explaining what's you know, what's happening with his battery, my wife was talking to him and she had actually made the call and she was handling the whole thing, and so he shows up and then you know, she's talking to him and everything like that. Also he says to her, excuse me, but I need to talk to the man, and she goes, he goes, I usually talk to the husband.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so how old was this guy?
Speaker 1: He was younger. I'd say he was like twenty five, which surprised me.
Speaker 3: And so did she smack him?
Speaker 2: No, but she gave lift him right off his feet.
Speaker 1: And so I went over there and I, you know, I'm trying to defend her on her but at the same time, I'm figure out what's going on with the situation.
Speaker 3: Took off your glove and slapped him on the face. How dare you I challenge you to a duel?
Speaker 2: Wow? That's just so tone deaf.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just who even who even thinks like that at all? Ever?
Speaker 1: But it was funny because he says, well, you can listen in. He says, that's my wife, thank you, Like you can listen in.
Speaker 3: I'll have to take a break from making cookies over here to listen a little bit. Yeah, let me put down the vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 2: I'll be right there. It's the clicking of my knitting needles interferes with you men talking. Do let me know?
Speaker 3: Wow, I make you a sandwich.
Speaker 2: Did your bride respond in any way to that or.
Speaker 1: Just she kind of said, no, I'm capable. I can listen, sort of like what Katie did. Oh good, I can listen in.
Speaker 3: Huh, what a funny thing to say. An odd thing to say.
Speaker 4: I might say, I would like anticipate that from like an eighty five year old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, men, I just didn't. I don't know people that talk like that.
Speaker 2: That is a shocking thing to say.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, the men are talking.
Speaker 1: But it was funny because he wanted to explain the battery to me and what was wrong and stuff like that, and he was just like, I needed to talk to the man. I need Usually I explained the stuff to the man, and I'm thinking, you know, okay, so it it went fine, but it was just I had to defend my wife's honor and you know kind of say, look she can you know, she can listen, and it's fine, and it's really it's good.
Speaker 3: And you know, what are you wearing when you walk along the beach?
Speaker 1: I just walk on jeans and tennis shoes.
Speaker 2: Gotcha jeans?
Speaker 1: Well it's it's cold. Well yeah, that's the only reason, yeah, tishoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I can.
Speaker 3: Would you be barefooted, Katie? Yes?
Speaker 4: Usually barefoot well beaches, uh or flip flops something that's easy to clear or clean off.
Speaker 3: It depends on the California beach. You don't want hyperdue mic needles sticking out of your toes.
Speaker 2: Hold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were in fog. I mean, so it was freezing.
Speaker 3: You might stecond step in human pooh.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, if you're like like more central coast, Yeah, this time of year, it can be foggy and like thirty five degrees colder than it is inland.
Speaker 3: And that's the crazy thing about being to the beach pretty much always in California's how freaking cold it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: The other thing we ran into though, was a public wedding you're there along the coast, and so people they set up chairs and they get married in front of trees and along the ocean. And I wasn't sure quite what to do. I the wedding was literally going on, and so my wife wanted to go. Non't know it and the cake was right there.
Speaker 3: You just walk right through the middle. Excuse me, pardon me, excuse me, nice dressed, excuse me?
Speaker 4: Make a piece of the cakes?
Speaker 3: Pretty good?
Speaker 2: Should I?
Speaker 1: After you know, they kissed and they did the whole thing? Should I go up as they congratulations? I noticed you have quite a bit of cake, but it'd be okay if my wife and I have a slice.
Speaker 3: I feel like you overcatered this thing. Is all right if I have a little bit of that.
Speaker 2: You don't want to have to haul this stuff home.
Speaker 3: Let me help you out with My battery died and I'm hungry, to.
Speaker 4: Be honest, I heard when I thought you said public wedding like wets themselves.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 3: I had a public wedding, but not for quite some time.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, the old uh yeah, you know. I I oh, boy, I shouldn't even I should not even stick my toe in. I was walking by a wedding that was about to happen with a friend, and he who is married, said something so profoundly disturbing about what a mistake the young man was making.
Speaker 3: No like to be funny. Really no.
Speaker 2: Originally I thought, is this a joke? And I'm reasonably good at plying to find that out, and uh, it became clear that it was not.
Speaker 4: Wow, did he know said couple getting married?
Speaker 3: So it was just a comment on marriage and he's unhappy, is what that was.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I left it alone. Yeah, but it was unmistakable in its tone.
Speaker 4: Whoa, I'm picturing Joe being like that gift of Homer. Homer Simpson backing into.
Speaker 2: The bush exactly with my eyes wide.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because exactly I'm divorced and I don't have that attitude about marriage at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's too bad. Yeah it is, oh man, And it's these are people with whom I am have an ongoing relationship, and it's just odd because it kind of sits there in the back of my mind, like again to the Simpsons, the clapping monkey in the back of Homer.
Speaker 3: I remember one time I stand with this guy. He was older, he's probably sixty years old and been married forever everything like that. But anyway, we're standing outside and a car went by, like with the tin cans tied to it and said, just married on it and drive bite everything like that, and he said it happens. What an odd comment on right, Well, that's it happens.
Speaker 2: That's right up there with I'd prefer to talk to the male with I don't know how to react to that. Well, in the power imbalance, when you're counting on the tow truck driver, you gotta be nice to them. I think everybody knows that you treat the tow truck driver like you treat your doctor, because you want to make sure you know this goes well. Because I need you, you don't need me.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been to a wedding where you thought it was a terrible idea for them to get married?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 3: No, never once in your.
Speaker 2: Lot that I recall you, Katie, let me scan my memory banks.
Speaker 4: But no, not that I can know.
Speaker 3: No, I've been to two and I was right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think frequently people who believe that at a wedding are right.
Speaker 3: Well, I worked at a bar and there's a lot of a lot of relationships that came together in the bar world that were pretty obviously. The one wedding, the sister punched the maid of honor in the stomach and it started a brawl and they went ahead and finished it. But it did not last very long.
Speaker 2: Gut punching the maid of honor. That is uh, that's a rough day.
Speaker 3: And then I worked with a guy I knew him very well, and everybody hated his girlfriend, then fiance, then wife. Everybody hated her. She was an awful human being and she treated him horribly, and he came to work every day and complained about how awful she was. It was one of those deals. I mean, everybody knew what a horrible domineering ruined his life sort of person, and everybody felt bad for him as wishing he wasn't getting married. It was weird to go to a wedding like that because I mean all of us were sitting there with like, I can't believe he's doing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I speaking of people I have at least a slight ongoing relationship with. I know a couple that she is that regularly humiliates the guy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's what this was, like takes it. Oh my god, I got a story about this too. Oh, I'll let you finish that part. Oh no, no, that's that's she humiliates him like in front of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, it doesn't hesitate to just reduce him to rubble and it's it's it's hard to take the uh.
Speaker 3: I'll get back to the because it'll be a good ending story for this podcast. I'll get to that one a second. But the fanciest wedding I think I've ever been to, and the hottest wedding I've ever been to, where the people were the hottest, Like everybody was good looking. They were both models, and all their friends were mo and everything like that. I mean, it was really an impressive wedding. They were young too, they're in their twenties.
Speaker 2: Boy, so when he was single. I'm at that reception till the last person leaves, just like you. No, I've heard this is a good fishing. Great.
Speaker 3: Maybe if they get drunk enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah look, maybe maybe they won't have their contacts in the whites a little and I've got a chance.
Speaker 3: And anyway, it was really impressive, like super nice on the ocean, well catered, everybody was dressed up, everybody was so good looking, and it didn't last I don't think it was weeks. It was not months. Oh she found out of something about him or I don't remember what the deal was, but I mean it fell apart so quickly, and I thought, wow, that was the That was like the most looked like something on TV wedding I've ever been to it. It didn't even last weeks, which I thought was interesting. Back to the guy I worked with who everybody hated his girlfriend, who was in his fiance who became his wife.
Speaker 2: Is he comfortable with you talking about this because I've heard him bring it up before.
Speaker 3: Does he know he didn't know who I am? He didn't know anything?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I thought it was somebody else.
Speaker 3: No, no, guy, I mean, if he knows who I am, you should reach out to me. Dude, I haven't talked to you in forty years. Thirty years, so that's funny. I had the wrong person in mind. But anyway, going been very very long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I hope he's not listening because this is kind of hurtful. Company Christmas Party, Gladys, do you still play the harp? Lattice Company Christmas Party?
Speaker 2: He gets one hundred bucks for playing the harp during the podcast. You realize back.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right.
Speaker 2: Contract just says.
Speaker 3: The overtime double time exactly. Company Christmas party back when companies had Christmas parties, and back when companies, if they did have a Christmas party, were like nice. Like he got dressed up and we were at a holiday in which, in this particular time was like the nicest place you could be. And we're all around the pool and there was food and drink and everything like that, and people are dressed up, and for some reason she got mad at our boss, his boss, my boss, everybody's boss. She got mad at the boss okay, and started yelling at him, and she was kind of drunk.
Speaker 2: Good idea, yeah.
Speaker 3: Started So yeah, that's a good start, right, isn't This is your buddy's girlfriend. Yeah. Yeah. They weren't married yet, possibly engaged, but anyway, Yeah, you're at the company Christmas party and your girlfriend's yelling at your boss and to show how mad she was, you know, Jerry Springer, they get mad and like take off their shirts like to show how mad they are. I've never quite understood what's good. I've seen guys do that at bars before they get mad and they take their shirt off like that of class. I don't understand. She showed how mad she was by jumping in the pool. She jumped in the pool in her dress, I'll show you, and because she was of larger carriage, she floated, and she floated in their water with her arms crossed like huh oh. She just was floating, bobbing there in the water in her dress, with a look on her face like now, what huh are you gonna say to that trump that?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm I'm sorry. The symbolism here escapes me.
Speaker 3: I do not You seem to feel like you have the upper hand, and I.
Speaker 2: Understand that you are trying to communicate something, but I'm not clear on what it is.
Speaker 3: Those of us were dry looking down at you. Feel like perhaps you do not have the upper hand in this argument. It was such an odd thing. I'm sure you've made the point you intended to. I'm not sure this is coming off the way you think it is. God, that was something we talked about that for a long time.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll bet and he went ahead and got hitched. Oh yeah, poor son of a gun.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is another terrible thing that shows you what my boss was like. He was a bad guy. She was of larger carriage, as I said, Oh, oh when she when they walked down the aisle past all the people, he mooed. No, I'm not kidding. Wow her to hear, but for all of us who were sitting there to hear. Oh, that's just so awful, isn't it. He was my boss, meaning oh in so many ways.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh, to reduce a human being like that to that's well. And then is he alive? I mean, he's alive, I'm gonna punch him in the face. If he's dead, I'm gonna dig him up and kick his bones.
Speaker 3: She was a horrible person, which, oh, there's that. She was a horrible person, like a horrible person, and he was horrible to She was horrible to him, and we all liked him. So there was that. But he's marrying her, I mean to me, that was the harsh part. Hey, it's my wedding day. I'm marrying her. I've made the decision, for whatever reasons, to do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not cool. No, good, lord man, you worked with some rotten so.
Speaker 3: He did, I really did well.
Speaker 1: I guess that's it.