Speaker 1: Oh man, do we have a treat for you.
Speaker 2: It's a Second Date podcast and today thank you for being here.
Speaker 1: By the way, it's working Jeffrey in the morning. Today we get an update from one of the most well known, one of the most infamous couples that we've had on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because when it involves dogs in a date, there's just more feelings.
Speaker 1: Dude, puppies.
Speaker 2: I don't think there was one person that liked this guy. I mean, what were the comments originally when we did.
Speaker 1: This second date.
Speaker 2: If there is one, it's hard to find through the Cole is definitely a bone head.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's not a dog lover. He's a dog exploiter.
Speaker 3: Ohef is wrong with that guy?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's a piece of work. I have no words, dude. And here's the thing. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: We got an email from both of them that they wanted to come back on the show together.
Speaker 1: It's shocking. All right, we're gonna have them on.
Speaker 2: But listen, we're gonna play the original second Date so you can be up to speed. So we're gonna play the original part where they were on, and then we're gonna get them back on in part three, so don't go any.
Speaker 1: And there was gonna be a little ad in between. Kick around, Kick Around there is Part one starts right now.
Speaker 3: Most of the time when we do second Date updates, we feature humans trying to find love with other humans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's what we focus.
Speaker 1: It's kind of hard to talk to non humans.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Generally our policy has been to focus strictly on human interactions.
Speaker 1: Are we gonna get the first doggie second Date?
Speaker 3: This was possibly a first because the star of today's phone call was actually.
Speaker 4: A puppy looking for a forever.
Speaker 3: Home, and it led to one of the more memorable second date showdowns we had all year between two fellow dog lovers. You're gonna hear it when they both come back on to share what's happened since in a.
Speaker 4: Brand new second Date Update update. Right after this.
Speaker 3: Second Date update, I was watching a clip on to.
Speaker 4: Be the other day.
Speaker 1: Was this music playing my dad?
Speaker 3: It's great, it's brooking Jeffy in the morning. We're not on to Be, by the way, but you can find us on other more reputable platforms. But the clip was a single lady, an attractive single lady. Mind you talking about dating in the modern world and how it's so rare now that guys actually plan anything for their dates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what, just hot women complaining.
Speaker 4: The algorithms doing what it wants to do.
Speaker 3: All she was really upset because a guy wanted to go on a walk and get to know her.
Speaker 4: Okay, am I right?
Speaker 1: Alexis a walk?
Speaker 6: She job?
Speaker 3: I mean, plan something, pay for something, put in some actual effort.
Speaker 1: We could through the mall.
Speaker 2: That's something and you need to watch less to be Jeff.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that's why I'm proud to talk to our caller today, because he actually planned something for his date.
Speaker 1: He would be celebrated on the platform.
Speaker 4: He absolutely would. His name is Cole.
Speaker 6: Cole.
Speaker 3: It is an honor and a privilege to have you join us today.
Speaker 4: How you doing man?
Speaker 6: Well? Thanks, it's an honord privilege to be here again.
Speaker 4: Set up.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're just going to tell us that you took her to dinner. Yeah, which is fine, that's great.
Speaker 3: Oh you bought her a two be subscription too, good man? What's the premium version to get the good content?
Speaker 4: Like I get? So Cole, tell us about this girl that she meant what's her name?
Speaker 6: Her name is Jamie.
Speaker 1: Okay, how'd you guys meet?
Speaker 6: We met through one of the dating apps. I really went out of my way to make this a special experience for her.
Speaker 1: Can I ask before we find out what you did? Why, Like, why were you so motivated to do something special for Jamie?
Speaker 6: Well, we were talking before we met, and she had mentioned she hadn't been very social in the last six months because her dog would run away and she's taken Amy bar Oh no, yeah, she was really devastated. So I told her that we're going to go to a restaurant, but instead when I picked her up, I actually took her to a pet shelter.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, she risky moved.
Speaker 1: You didn't tell her at all?
Speaker 6: No, because I figured just being around dogs would help cheer her up, you know, happened at the time of the animals and would be able to know each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or she could be totally re traumatized seeing dogs with no families.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 6: I mean I was worried at first because she was a little heads. I think she was a little weirded out, But then she really seemed to warm up to the whole thing, and then I really felt like she bonded with a few of the dogs.
Speaker 4: That's really good.
Speaker 1: So you got to play with the dogs.
Speaker 2: I mean you weren't like going to adopt one, right, you were just going to see them.
Speaker 6: Well, I wasn't planning on it, and I thought neither was she. But she told me she thought she might come back and adopt one.
Speaker 4: That's why shelters.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: But you're kind of like the hero in that sense, and that you've reopened her mind to the idea of owning.
Speaker 4: Another pet, I thought.
Speaker 6: So we left the shelter, we went out. Yeah, we had great conversation. Of course, we talked a lot about dogs because we also love dogs, and I could feel the vibe.
Speaker 1: Did you try to kiss her?
Speaker 6: I did lean in. We did have a little peck.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute, not.
Speaker 4: A dog kiss.
Speaker 7: Kiss.
Speaker 1: Many hummed a table chair leg.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that's sweet.
Speaker 6: So I'm just surprised I have not heard from her and we're not already hanging out, you know.
Speaker 2: More no kidding, because if she went back and actually adopted the dog, it'd be such an easy way to be like, oh, you have to come walk the dogs with me, you have to come meet the dog.
Speaker 4: So what's the deal? Is she like ghosting? You come deletely? Total ghosts?
Speaker 1: Okay? And how many times have you texted or called?
Speaker 6: I don't want to be obsessive about it, but that's the same about three or four.
Speaker 1: See, nothing crazy happened at all.
Speaker 4: Like we've heard so many awful stories. I don't see anything crazy that stands out here.
Speaker 6: I mean not to sound like I'm patting myself on the back here, but I was awesome.
Speaker 4: You felt. That's when they're I know it's called confidence.
Speaker 1: I think it's really sweet.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on here.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's something simple, you know, maybe she lost her phone.
Speaker 3: Could it be that taking a woman to a pet shelter is more romantic than buying a woman a bunch of free drinks?
Speaker 4: Oh, you don't get to have it all.
Speaker 3: We're hopefully going to find out an answer from Jamie and see if she picks up when we call her and try and get you your second date.
Speaker 6: Update right after this, and I really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Man, Just hold on second date update.
Speaker 2: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you.
Speaker 1: Here Part two.
Speaker 3: Two daters bonded over their shared love of animals. Where did they end up at a pet shelter? Yeah, yeah, that's probably petting dogs getting their faces licked, hopefully not getting their rear sniff to go.
Speaker 4: Save that for date number three. And now, where does our listener Cole stand. Well, he feels like he's in his own.
Speaker 3: Cage shelter right now, all alone, crying because.
Speaker 4: His date, Jamie isn't coming to pick him up.
Speaker 1: He's a whimpering stray in the back of a dirty shelter.
Speaker 4: That's how he feels. That's how it feels to get ghosted like this.
Speaker 3: Well, guess what, Cole, We're gonna be throwing you a bone today, buddy.
Speaker 4: We're gonna help you out.
Speaker 3: We are gonna call Jamie hopefully she picks up, and we're gonna try and find out what happened. I'm just praying that she's been so busy rolling around on the floor play and fetch with her brand new adopted be that she just hasn't had the time I mean to pick up her phone and respond.
Speaker 2: Honestly, getting a new puppy is like getting a baby in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: You're up all night. You got to deal with pe and all other sorts of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, write that on the mom blogs. That so cool? Is that a possibility?
Speaker 3: Do you think maybe there's a chance that she just has a new pet and that's taken up all of her attention.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm really trying not to make a doggie style joke here.
Speaker 3: Overmind you cold, This is a family show. We have a lot of kids that listening.
Speaker 6: I was thinking to you, good, I'm glad we have the same bre You're.
Speaker 4: Really not helping us here. So let's just sorry, let's.
Speaker 3: Close to losing your bone, really going into territory with this.
Speaker 4: We got it before any more horrible.
Speaker 3: Things are said. Let's just call it Amy my past. Everybody down, Okay, here we go right now. Hello, Hey is this Jamie?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: This is this hey Jamie. Thanks for picking up. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, what is this h surprise?
Speaker 3: That's for sure, it's a fun surprise. It's a segment that we do called the second Date Update.
Speaker 6: So why are you calling me?
Speaker 3: We are calling because one of our listeners has asked us to reach.
Speaker 4: Out to you.
Speaker 6: Who called you.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a guy that you went out with recently, and he you have kind of ghosted him, at least that's what he thinks.
Speaker 4: His name's Cole.
Speaker 7: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: That piece of crap called you?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Are we talking about the same person, the guy that took you to the dog shelter?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Really he told you that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that wrong? Is that not right?
Speaker 4: Did you not go to a pet shelter?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: We did, and I can tell you exact why I'm not calling him back.
Speaker 1: Well that makes our job so easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Honestly, Cole is very confused. From his perspective, the date went really well, and you guys had a lot of fun.
Speaker 8: And we did, and I felt a huge connection with one of the dogs that we met. I went back to the shelter the next day to adopt him, and I even named him Muffin already in my.
Speaker 4: Head, solid name.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 7: So the shelter worker that I saw there, who was the same person we saw the day before? For me, the guy I was with, had come in and adopted the dog.
Speaker 4: Wait, Cole came in.
Speaker 7: Yes, I asked him if he was joking. He said he'd come in like an hour before me.
Speaker 1: You're kidding. I mean, this has got to be some sort of mix up.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 7: I was shocked, and honestly, I thought maybe he was going to text me and say that he had.
Speaker 6: A surprise for me, totally.
Speaker 7: Me wanting to back out again.
Speaker 2: But he did when he but he said that he called you and he texted you. He wanted to get a hold of you. Maybe that's still the case.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's the whole reason that we're.
Speaker 3: Doing this call is to give you a huge surprise, because I need to let you know, Jamie, that Cole is on the other line right now wanting to tell you something.
Speaker 6: Maybe. Hey, Jamie, I didn't know you knew about that. Why didn't you just text me about it? You just ghosted me. That's terrible communication.
Speaker 1: Wait do you have the dogs? You have Muffin?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have Muffin and I feel like we've really bonded.
Speaker 3: Oh wait wait, huh you're holding her for Jamie right to give.
Speaker 4: As like a guest.
Speaker 6: So shocked that she's even upset about this because I knew she had a connection with one of the dogs, but I thought she had a connection with that little uglier one.
Speaker 4: Pretty cute.
Speaker 2: You plan a day for a woman who's grieving her lost dog, and then you steal the new dog from that I didn't.
Speaker 7: Know, though, Are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: You stole my dog like I am your dog. I thought you wanted that little ugly thing.
Speaker 3: Oh cute, that's exactly they just.
Speaker 1: Why are you insulting her? Why do you not feel bad? Cole?
Speaker 6: It was an ugly dog. You guys didn't see it.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you didn't you chuck Muffin.
Speaker 3: We're too invested in this with little dogs being involved. We all have to step away and let Jamie and.
Speaker 4: Cole talk to each other.
Speaker 3: Cole say something to Jamie because you She feels like you knew that you liked that dog, and you came in and swooped it out from under her.
Speaker 6: I did not. I had no idea that she felt that way about it. But I feel like I have a way. We can all be happy already.
Speaker 7: Okay, I told you at dinner that Muffin really touched on my heart.
Speaker 6: There's the deal that can be made. I feel like I'm being very magnanimous here. How about if you want to buy him off me, I'll give him to you for three hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, bar that's the adoption fee was only seventy five dollars, So you're so attached it.
Speaker 1: Three hundred dollars is your is your price.
Speaker 6: You guys can judge all you want, but he's my dog. Now he's not in the shelter anymore, and we really developed the bond. And I'm sorry, but it's going to cost money to break that.
Speaker 3: I will say now that he's not a shelter pet, I see where he's coming from. They are more expensive when they're not directing. It's a good point, he's domesticating.
Speaker 6: You got this.
Speaker 7: Dog for less than forty eight hours, and now you're trying to make money off of the dog. And that's honestly, it just makes it so much worse. I genuinely cannot believe you're doing this.
Speaker 6: Listen. I don't want any hard feelings between it. So how about you pay me and I'll give you some of those plastic bones that I already got for him.
Speaker 3: Wow, for the same three hundred dollars deal as before. Oh yeah, for sure, okay, thrown a bone, yeah, but actual plastic bone lead.
Speaker 7: I genuinely just cannot believe that you would be doing this to me. This is I don't even know what to say to you.
Speaker 6: I don't understand why you're so upset. You come out ahead in this deal because for three hundred bucks, you get the dogs, you get plastic bones, and you still get me.
Speaker 4: Oh wow out there too?
Speaker 1: Can I trade Muffy you?
Speaker 2: I totally sense the tension between you guys that you were talking about.
Speaker 3: Honestly, with the whole dog dispute, I totally forgot about your guys's blossoming love connection, which is the whole reason that we're calling. We'd like to offer to send you guys out on another date that we would pay for you. We can put Muffin in the middle of you two, and then Muffin can choose.
Speaker 6: Like on those viral videos.
Speaker 3: Muffin's a little bit of a sore subject. Let's just stick to the romance for now.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry you guys, but I'm going to hang up and Cole you can text me when you're ready to gift Muffin to me, because you know that that's my dog, so.
Speaker 4: Well, he gives you the dog as he get a date.
Speaker 6: Hey, that ugly little one is still there.
Speaker 2: Wait, she's gone, Yeah, she hung up, Cole col that's low, man, Why would.
Speaker 8: You do that?
Speaker 6: I didn't know it was the same dog, but you.
Speaker 2: But you found out and then you tried to charge her three hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Look, I was being thoughtful. I could have charged her a lot more. I mean, guess what I found out? It was a pure bred.
Speaker 3: Oh those are with thousands?
Speaker 4: Actually?
Speaker 6: Yeah? O oh man, you guys, you guys done this a lot. Even though she hung up, do you think she'd still want to go out?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think she's went hard to get right now, Guys, I.
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I can't say that I expected to ever hear an update from these two, but cold one of us did.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: Cole and Jamie, though, are back today for an update update. I'm surprised too. But first, Cole and Jamie welcome back to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, go She both sounds somewhat happy.
Speaker 4: What's going on? What's happened in your lives since we last spoke to you?
Speaker 1: Like, how do you have an updates?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, the social media response was not great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he tried to sell.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but the weird thing was it sort of made me double down and go, well, you know what, I think this makes me want to take care of Muffin even more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did, so it improved your emotional maturity.
Speaker 4: Okay, was that good or bad?
Speaker 6: I think it ended up good actually, except for the fact that one day Muffin did end up running away. Oh wait, Well, I didn't know what else to do, so I decided to call Jamie.
Speaker 4: Oh oh wow.
Speaker 5: Ye honestly, I almost didn't even answer the phone when I saw that it was him, obviously, but he told me what happened, and of course I just like jump in my car and go meet him to look around the neighborhood for Muffin.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought you were going to say, to steal my dog back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we could find Muffing.
Speaker 7: I mean, oh my gosh, my heart just like fully.
Speaker 6: Thank But the weird part about it is.
Speaker 5: That the whole search ended up being kind of a good experience for us. What we have the chance that talked about and we bonded a little bit, and I could tell that Cole wasn't as bad a guy as I maybe thought he was at first.
Speaker 1: Wow, really, wait are you dating?
Speaker 5: Well, the most important part is that we did find Muffin.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Brook, let's focus not care what their relationship. We're worried about the dog.
Speaker 5: My gosh, Muffin was like half a mile away at a dog cafe, just getting treat some pets from everyone.
Speaker 1: So where are you two at?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Well, see what happened was we saw Muffin and we started walking up and they ran right to Jamie. Okay, and that's when I kind of went, you know what belongs with Jamie?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 6: New dog?
Speaker 1: And is that when you venmoed him Jamie?
Speaker 5: No, No, that does not make me Okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: I do have Muffin now, but Cole is allowed to visit.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, now, Brooke agrees to stop cyber bullying you for now.
Speaker 6: Cole appreciate that.
Speaker 2: DM still okay occasionally I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding, Bully.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that you two worked it out and were able to track down Muffin after he was lost.
Speaker 4: At least that's a.
Speaker 6: Happy again, that's the most important thing.
Speaker 3: Well, keep us updated on what happens in your life. Thanks for reaching out, Okay, thank you, Burke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: In the morning,