Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 2: Slice reactions. This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 3: Three.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Brooklyn Boys Slice time for episode three fifty four and beyond We love you guys. Previous three, previous. I don't like the way that it's a terrible way to Foremast said that we had we came up with I can't remember what it was, three fifty four and previous. It just sounds like, no, yeah, it shows I think beyond like kind of brings in earlier.
Speaker 1: How about earlier and earlier? Anyway? All right, that beyond.
Speaker 4: Beyond because beyond three fifty four, because who knows if they're going to comment on episode sixteen or so.
Speaker 5: Last time people were commenting episodes in the hundreds and two hundreds and then expecting us to remember stuff.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on now, people, I could see.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, if you're joining us for the first time, welcome aboard. This is the episode about the episode, so it's not really the episode.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: It's very entertaining and it's fun, but you may not understand what the listeners who will leave feedback are talking about. So go back and listen to three fifty four. If this is your first time, or better yet, start from episode zero. Like we recommend exactly, you can hear us talk about stuff that doesn't happen anymore, it doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: You can always try in a different world.
Speaker 4: One of these talkbacks on the iHeartRadio app. If you listen through the iHeartRadio app, click on the microphone, that is the place. If you're listening in any other place like Spotify, Apple Music, we love you, but you can't really participate. So yeah, these are the iHeart, These are the iHeart Brethren. Let's see what we got here. We got a lot a lot of them today. Brody all right, Brooklyn.
Speaker 7: Boys DP from the NC.
Speaker 8: I got a lot to say in a short amount of time.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I'm from North Carolina.
Speaker 6: Obviously, but I took a trip to the casino up in Cherokee over the weekend and I bought.
Speaker 7: In on the flat back table with one hundred dollars, doubled my motherfucking money. They switched the dealer on me, and I should have walked away. They should have just fucking got up. But you can guess what happened.
Speaker 1: I'm at work.
Speaker 4: You lost it all, of course, they switched the dealer, they pulled, they draw a card off the deck. They burn a card and then it skips the whole mess up, the whole flow of the table. That has nothing to do with anything. Stop it. I've just said, cards of the cards happens once you win money.
Speaker 1: You're not on a roll. You're lucky, Get up and leave, all right?
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, background noise DP.
Speaker 1: You already know that bullshit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so, uh, I'm at work. I lost my money. They switched the dealers. Ship didn't go my way.
Speaker 8: And I take back what I said about putting a finger into comedians ass that.
Speaker 7: That's a little too far. But you could you could like call him up and be like, hey, bro, you know, go fuck yourself. You know it really won't really.
Speaker 9: Want your fault.
Speaker 10: Scary, you know you were kind of.
Speaker 7: Thrown into it as well, But I mean I get it. He shouldn't have been a dick. Yeah, last last talk back for me, because.
Speaker 8: I don't want to hear no bullshit about leaving too many talk.
Speaker 1: Back after this.
Speaker 8: The somebody I think it was Benny, was talking about he don't know what to do with his time when.
Speaker 7: Y'all motherfucker's go on vacation. That's why I can't saying.
Speaker 8: Berdie needs to release his own version of the podcast while Scary's on vacation.
Speaker 10: I know he was busy one week, but not the other.
Speaker 7: Just saying, y'all hear what I listened to all day?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Yeah, I'm gonna shut the fuck up this time.
Speaker 1: No, real, man, Brodie, Like, if you could just drop.
Speaker 2: Like a forty five minute episode the week that.
Speaker 7: Scary he's often playing with himself in vacation land, I mean it would be very appreciated.
Speaker 10: Cuse I I just listened.
Speaker 7: To the background noise that y'all can playing about. This shit sucks. I mean it really fucks. I don't know if y'all know what well then sounds like, but this laugh and it's annoying. All right, all right, all right, real, I'll shut the fuck up after this one.
Speaker 1: No more talk back boiler, I'm done.
Speaker 7: But on a real short Verder you put that businus behind like a two fifty paywall. I'll pay for it, all right, as long as I win at the casino on.
Speaker 8: November eighth, Just saying, going to see Joey Diaz too. Shout out Joey Diaz, Uncle Coco, what's up? But yeah, man, fucking if it's like fifty cent a month, I pay for it. If you released like your own podcast every.
Speaker 4: Week, hilarious, he is, then that guy's unhinged. Joey Diaz comedian, he's got great taste.
Speaker 7: And my god, George to whoever it was that dickhead is saying.
Speaker 8: They needed to fucking and shut the fuck up my background noise.
Speaker 7: Go suck a fucking cock, all.
Speaker 6: Right, goddamn, but I work hard, and I working a goddamn day.
Speaker 1: It ain't nothing but background noise and my.
Speaker 7: Mother life, all right, So you can shut the fuck up unless you.
Speaker 8: Want to come out here and give me a motherfucking hand and help me finish this goddamn job so I can go to buck home and actually fucking not have some goddamn background noise.
Speaker 7: All right, Fuck you, motherfucker. I'm sorry. I didn't do it, bro, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm It's just the weal of teams, a lot of pent up anger.
Speaker 4: I gotta say about DP.
Speaker 5: First of all, I love the voicemails of the talkbacks, although you don't have to. You don't have to say, I know I leave too many, just because that adds to it, Like you don't have to like apologize in the middle of it, right right, But then he's like, I'm not leaving anymore, but then he leaves more, and then but that's okay. And then normally he curses and gets upset, and then like ten minutes later, after ten talkbacks, you're like, hey, it's step which you want to apologize for what I said, But this time he apologized within the same talk.
Speaker 1: With the same talk back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I heard that he became a he became a new man mid talkback, So props to DP. He's going to sooner now.
Speaker 12: Things welcome back. Let me start with that. The apple thing. I love to go apple pick them. Me and my wife and my kids. We do it every year. But you don't have to refer. You shouldn't refrigerate them. I'll tell you a little trick. Take like a newspaper or like when they send you to circulars every week. Take those individually, wrap them. I know it's paying in the aird, and don't stack them too high. But if you put them in a dark area in your house, they'll stay for months and months and months. The apple's at the store, they were picked months ago. When you pick them yourself, obviously, they're fresh. That's the only reason why we do it. It's about the same price as what they cost in the store. Anyway, it's not like you say anything. And the kids have fun. So I got kids. It's a different store. But anyhow, that's number one. Number two, I got some stories. I went to Austin for the F one races for my daughter's birthday. My oldest daughter is going to be sixteen next month and she's super into F one racing. So with that said, she asked me if we can go for the F one race. So my dad and I took her. It was a nice special weekend, just the three of us. It was really fun and everything. But enough about the races themselves, Brody, you would have been gone crazy. They We spent one hundred dollars and three things of chicken nuggets. It was insane. But going into Austin there was a lot of funny things that I saw. I finally got to see one of those way Mo self driving cars. Ridiculously crazy. I can never get into one, it would drive me insane. That was one two. Texas doesn't have a legalized weed, but I have, and I'm gonna send it to both of you on Instagram.
Speaker 10: I have a.
Speaker 12: Picture of a weed truck called took truck, just parked outside like an ice cream truck, with the guy sitting on the side like an ice cream truck window. It was the wildest thing I've ever seen. And one more thing, Brody, that would have drove you fucking nuts because it drove me nuts. At the f one Races was the tipping culture. Everything they handed you a t shirt, it turned it around for a tip. They wanted this tip tip. We got three bottles of waters. People standing all throughout with coolers, all part of the the venue standing there with coolers.
Speaker 10: Fight dollar is a bottle, three bottles of water?
Speaker 12: She goes, Can I add a ten percent tip that it'll only be a dollars fifty?
Speaker 10: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: See now with tax on tip, no tax on tips, everybody wants a tip tip tip tip, tip tip tip.
Speaker 10: Just because the way she asked me.
Speaker 12: Typically I would have just tipped because it came up and I wouldn't have said anything, but the way she asked me, like it's only gonna be a dollar fifty. Like, first off, I know how to do math. I'm not one of you fucking morons. Number two, what the fuck fifteen dollars.
Speaker 10: For bottle of water.
Speaker 12: Three bottles of water the Sanni, which is the worst fucking water around. It sucks, it tastes like shit, and then you want a dollar fifty tip on top of that, and you're gonna ask me for it.
Speaker 1: Fuck that man. Smart water is the way to go. Oh, he keeps going. He's on a round.
Speaker 4: I stop slipping in your sponsors.
Speaker 1: I don't know you're talking about it.
Speaker 3: Stop park jew here about times the end of the scariest girlfriend throwing the clothes on the floor, Dublin, whatever, Brody. I don't know why you're like now that she shouldn't say that story because that doesn't make her look bad.
Speaker 13: It makes sure we actually stick up for herself. Because when you close this time, you close that a certain.
Speaker 14: Time, like slow down, all right.
Speaker 7: I got to be at the hospital all the time.
Speaker 13: Their nurses literally wait in front of the time clock because they cannot clock out until that time.
Speaker 1: Well, they're terrible nurses.
Speaker 7: That's when you close at so scary.
Speaker 13: I agree with you, and I would be also extremely pissed.
Speaker 7: Even if you're in not scenario.
Speaker 13: Let's say you're even at like Avan Turmal.
Speaker 14: Or some shit.
Speaker 13: They close at a certain time, you don't lock the door until closing.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you can't put someone in a fitting room and they're not going to get done in time or in can also flowed you.
Speaker 1: It isn't about well, we're not we're closing.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 5: It's the fact that if if according to what you're saying, they close at a certain time, it's a courtesy. No, it's not a curt Listen these people.
Speaker 4: If you're sitting in a restaurant and they close it at nine o'clock, hold on, and they close at nine o'clock and you're sitting there and you're in your food different industry, industry, Well, this is the equivalent of taking away the plate from the person mid eating, still eating, and throwing it away. That's what this is scary. I've managed restaurants and I've managed retail stores. You have done neither, and I'm telling you that there's a difference, which I would explain if you wanted to hear it.
Speaker 5: But it's gonna bore everybody. Is that, first of all, you're you're you're telling people that work for minimum wage, part time or whatever that they're supposed to make decisions on keeping the place open later than they're supposed to. There could be town laws and regulations about locking the gates and doors of the store at a certain time.
Speaker 1: Understood, and you.
Speaker 4: Know what, then shut, Then shut the door, then lock it from the outside at seven thirty. Don't allow people in at seven forty five.
Speaker 5: Scary, You were in the store, you had time to try and close. You were a very unusual circumstance. Most people could take the close home, try them on and come back. You couldn't because you landed in Ireland, whoever the hell you are, and you had to get back on a plane. I don't want to We've already had this conversation.
Speaker 1: Let's move on. Let's move on.
Speaker 12: Many He is just clarifying from last week's talkback. Someone said that I said that he should skip his his anniversary.
Speaker 15: I never said that. Never in a million years that I said that.
Speaker 12: Say that, I've been with my wife almost over seventeen years. I would never, never, never miss an anniversary or a big day, a birthday, anything like that. Scary made it perfectly clear that he was going to be back in time, and I was for his girlfriend's and for the anniversary.
Speaker 15: With his girlfriend, So it's appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Akay.
Speaker 16: Reggie here to the jerk off who left the talk back saying Brody had no fans when he was on the morning show, what are you talking about?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 16: His phone tasts were hilarious. I hate the phone task. I do not listen to them. But if Brodie's doing one, I listened to that. If Danielle's doing missus Moscollopsis, I listen to that uncomfortable dinner party. The other bits he would write hilarious, the games great.
Speaker 17: Yes, people were fans of his. A lot of people came to.
Speaker 16: This podcast listen when he left te one hundreds so they could still hear from him and still enjoy his comedy.
Speaker 17: What are you saying, dude?
Speaker 1: I agree? Thank you agree with that?
Speaker 16: Go back to when he was on the fifteen Minute Morning Show. Every episode he's on a fifteen minute morning show is so funny.
Speaker 17: It's so much funnier.
Speaker 16: Fifteen Minute Morning Show used to be my favorite podcast, and now it's probably like my.
Speaker 17: Third or fourth favorite podcast.
Speaker 18: Then call that anymore.
Speaker 17: After party, Hey gad, it's me again.
Speaker 6: You know here, I am listening to the podcast Thursday morning and not even have way through the podcast. I have to stop because there you go, scooty more signals, signals, scooty signals. Come on, man, you know you're talking about the cock app. You know where you you're wondering how big somebody's cock is? Who would be wondering that only women would or somebody that maybe wants to say something, you know, set yourself free, bro get out there.
Speaker 10: We're here to support, you know, come out of.
Speaker 1: My missing what what's the cock app? Of the springs to talk about the cock app?
Speaker 12: What is he?
Speaker 1: I don't know, is he listening to a different podcast?
Speaker 6: And you know, I might have had to have stopped a little bit sooner because what's just all of a sudden, You're going to the gym on such a regular basis. You know, usually people go one day, they skip a day, and then they go another day, skip a day, go another day. But you've been going quite often. What are you looking at over there? What did you see or what you know?
Speaker 10: You need to let you know? Let it go, brother, the truth shall set you free.
Speaker 1: Come on, I just you know what, I want to end the year strong.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be in the in worst shape than I have been in previous years. So I want to make my fourth quarter. You know, I want to come out as third quarter scary at the end of the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: That's my goal.
Speaker 4: And by the way, it's been now three weeks. I went on the Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. I went Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday last week, and I went Monday and today Tuesday this week, and I'm going to go tomorrow.
Speaker 14: Ohoo, y'all prookod boys, dopplenc here.
Speaker 11: I was listening to the ath episodes Lifetime and I heard y'all guys talking about nine to eleven, and it's part in the question in my mind of where were you when nine to eleven happened?
Speaker 1: Because I have even alive.
Speaker 7: I'm twenty two, the twenty three in December, So I went around to witness nine to eleven.
Speaker 19: And for the younger generation, I know that a lot of us want to hear the first hands accounts, and.
Speaker 1: Y'all worked there and live there, so you know, I would like to know.
Speaker 4: So on nine to eleven, our morning show was on the air and we had a front row seat to the World Trade Center. Literally we woke looked at our windows and that was our view picture frame view right across the water, and we saw this first, the first tower on fire, and then that drew us to the window to just watch this ball of smoke, and we watched with our own eyes as the second plane entered the second building. It's an image I will never forget. I was there with Elvis and with Danielle, and we watched as the plane entered the building. That's when we screamed. I remember Danielle shrieking and we all said, oh my god, this is on purpose. We're under attack. Let's get the fuck out of here. Elvis is like, let's get out of here because we're in a tall building not far from there, so we didn't know if we were next. So we ran. We ran, and we put returned on that we played CNN for the audience.
Speaker 1: We left it.
Speaker 4: CNN took over our airwaves because there was nothing that we could say at that point that it could have been more important than the factual did the news that was coming out. So we left the radio station and we yeah, So that was we were there, and then sad I watched I heard the second building fall as I was walking home, and I watched the second building fall from the window of my apartment.
Speaker 1: One block from here. I watched it. I watched it crumble.
Speaker 4: So these are images I'll never forget. I very rarely do I talk about it. I've never even I'm nine to eleven. When we talk about it, I don't vocalize it on the air. I try to avoid it.
Speaker 1: It was I.
Speaker 4: So there, there's that. David Brody was in Washington, d C. He had He'll have a different story for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So at that point in my life, I was working three weeks with the Elvis Durant Show and one week with Elliott in the Morning. Elvis and Elliott used to be partners Elvis Elliott in the z Morning Zoo back in when I started and when Elliott left to go do his own show. I was the child of divorced parents and I went one week a month with Elliott, helped him set up his show, and so on that particular day, I had spent the the Monday night maybe I think Monday was a holiday, right, So Sunday we were at Dave and Busters, and then Monday I went down to DC. I watched Monday Night football, and I believe a guy on the Broncos broke his leg. And in Tuesday morning, we were on the air during nine to eleven and we had a TV on in the studio with the news on during the broadcast, and I remember looking up. I noticed it first, and I slipped Elliott a note and I said, look at that one of the World Trade towers on fire. And so we went live and we talked about it, and we were trying to gather information.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 5: We had the TV on on the air when the second plane hit, and you know, the internet wasn't what it is now, and we were desk trying to get information and yeah, so I was on the air with him. It was unbelievable, and so I had I Then what we did was I called ZE one hundred in New York and we put them on the air with us, because the Pentagon had been hit with a plane and so both of the cities we were in and so we connected the radio stations and we told each.
Speaker 1: Other what was going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then they evacuated in New York, as Scary said, and we stayed on the air at the morning show till maybe two o'clock in the afternoon. We ordered in pizza and we just stayed on the air, comforting people and updating people as much as we could. And then I stayed in Washington. I couldn't go home because I was too distraught. And then I remember coming back on the Amtrak from Washington, d C. On the Friday to come home. And every Friday, when you come north on the Amtrak, the first thing I would see to remind me I was approaching, you know, in North Jersey. Before he went into tunnel, you'd see the twin towers, and all I saw was smoke. It was still smoking four days later, three days later. It's just terrible.
Speaker 1: So it was.
Speaker 4: It was a very difficult time.
Speaker 5: If if you one more thing, if you ever happened, if you know who, oh what's his name?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 1: God, forget his name. Now there's.
Speaker 5: Uh, there's some guy compiled a list of all the audio from that day that he could.
Speaker 21: Uh.
Speaker 1: I forget.
Speaker 5: I forget his name. Uh, he's a right wing commentary guy. I forget his name. Anyway, you could hear our audio of of of the Morning Show and me and Elliott show.
Speaker 22: Uh.
Speaker 5: One thing I just want to add scary and I don'tant to delve too much into it. Please don't leave any talkbacks with anything other than I don't want to hear conspiracy theories. That's not what we're here for. So we we lived through it. That that's our recollection of it. Let's just leave it with that. It was a terrible day. My dad's a police officer. He was very greatly affected by the cops and the firefighters.
Speaker 4: And it's just and it's just, it's it's hard going there because I remember vividly the moments, every moment of that day is replays in my mind. Yeah, and and you know, I'm I'm of course you have you know, you asked the question. So we're going to talk about it because you you asked. But it's not something that I like to you know, you know, we we don't really bring it up unless we're asked, you know. So, and we remember. I remember the song that was playing when we we found when when we when we heard that j Lo, it was I'm Real j Rowl and Joh the remix of I'm Real j Rol, j Lo and Jo Rule Crazy. That was the song that was on that was we were coming out of That's how much that's the detail, how much of a detail I remember Crazy By the way it was. It was Glenn Beck and put together a montage. So if you have a search for Glenn Beck and nine to eleven Radio mon you'll hear our shows as part of that montage. All right, we'll take a break, we'll be right back. All right, let's get back to the talkbacks. Yeah, I think so. Yeah, we did some serious stuff on Slice time.
Speaker 10: But all right, all right, hey it's me again.
Speaker 6: You know, I want to apologize there, Brody right now. When I did that talkback short one and I said, oh, you had to be there. I was talking about, you know, like your joke. You know how nobody laughed at your joke. A lot of people don't laugh in mind either, So don't feel bad. But you know I will say, oh, I guess you had to be there, you know, so that joke would be funny, So I guess you had to be there. But anyway, I want to I want to talk about the doctor and the car thing. You know, I would definitely not think any less of my doctor if I saw him driving an older car or a clunky car, you know, because you know, that's showing me that he's down on earth. And what do I know, maybe he's driving his son's car. Maybe his car's in the shop, But what do I care? You know, the most important thing is how does he treats you? Is he a good doctor? Now, you don't judge him by his car. Okay, one time I did judge a doctor by the car he was driving. Well, not actually by his car, but by his vanity plates.
Speaker 23: Uh.
Speaker 6: You know, I used to work at this h wheel, a Liman shop, and all these doctors they would bring their hunting days. They were into hunting, you know, so they'd bring their old jeeps in there so we can beef up the suspension and put big tires on him and everything. Well this one doctor, you know, he wasn't my doctor. He was a cancer doctor. And he brought in his hunting vehicle one time. Yeah, he left it there was and then one day he came by to check on it, and uh, you know how we were doing, and he came in his regular vehicle. He's some kind of ferrari. But I saw his car and his vanity plates. He keep in mind, he's a he's a cancer doctor. His vanity plates said tumor.
Speaker 10: Like he was ky.
Speaker 6: I thought he was a trick because he's flash the fact that he's a cancer doctor and he makes his money.
Speaker 23: Uh.
Speaker 10: I hope that was terrible.
Speaker 23: You know.
Speaker 6: I found that appalling, you know, and I judged the guy. I never even never talked to him or met him or anything, but you know, I said that guy is a prick. I judged him by his uh vanity place for his car or whatever.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 6: But that's my little story about and hopefully it'll add to the conversation there.
Speaker 10: And if not, well, Frodian's scary, never scary.
Speaker 1: And Brody got he cut himself off.
Speaker 4: It will from CT.
Speaker 24: Frodian's scary, never scary, and Brody is well from CT scary.
Speaker 1: What the fuck man?
Speaker 24: Food never stopped me from having sex. I don't give a ship what I I don't give a fuck. If it's pasta, I don't give a fucking shine. I don't give a ship. Ain't not stopping me from getting But you'll take a ship, I mean, Brody's right, it'll let me in my positions, absolutely kill. But what the fuck man makes me think about that?
Speaker 1: Palm springs? It's talking about food.
Speaker 24: Yeah, when I get a chicken parm I expect fucking pasta with it. Absolutely Wow, All right, they and be like, the fuck is this Alyssa's a sandwich? Then, of course you don't come with pasta. You know, you get a chicken parm sub. That's a different story. And when I get a burger, I expect fries with it.
Speaker 1: But you're not.
Speaker 24: Wrong, scary some places don't always provide fries.
Speaker 1: Of course not.
Speaker 18: Hey for kemboy Jamie from queens Here Brody, I feel your pain about the whole stupid AI bought when you're calling a company and want to talk to someone. I'm convinced that's why customer service representatives have to deal with such angry people, because they're already hyped up and mad about having to yell at the stupid AI bought bullshit before they can even talk. Hey, globoy, is Jamie from Green's again? You guys ask us to leave talkbacks about what is something from our childhood that we either can't find anymore or can't recreate.
Speaker 25: My dad used to get from you when I'm just a kid, these root beer flavored gummy snacks, and then I found gross to some people, but I absolutely love them, and I can't get them there as an adult because I don't know what brand they were.
Speaker 18: I don't know what the fuck like.
Speaker 1: We could google them.
Speaker 4: You could ask your AI companion, robot friend maybe you know, maybe sitting.
Speaker 12: From Brooklyn here about the sloppy Joe's with the ground truck. Ground truck is eighty twenty. That's all I use for birds. That's what you should be using. You want the fat or rest, they dry at and they get shitty. Yeah it was eighty eighty twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first quarter of Securitylex ninety ten. But that's all of the story, Scary.
Speaker 12: I gotta agree with you with the eating and the fucking thing. Even now, after seventeen years of being with my wife. If I got if I'm blowing up the bathroom, I either ain't in the mood or I got a shower first.
Speaker 15: Ain't no fucking chance I'm getting right back into bed. Hell no, all right, but I'm with you.
Speaker 5: That's because you've already had a problem in the bathroom. Scary's talking about if you're full, you have a big meal, He's done done.
Speaker 1: That's different stick a fore Kidney.
Speaker 26: Maybe you guys are just business partners. Oh this is pizza delivery guy by the way. Yeah, maybe you guys are just business partners. Because man not inviting Brody to go to Saturday Night Live with you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Man, twelve fifteen am, no.
Speaker 10: Shot giving food away?
Speaker 4: Man, No, you got to got a whole new box of food shit for us. I didn't even open it for you. It's sitting right behind me. Brody can't wait Asian Mike stuff is here. And No, Brody's more than a business partner.
Speaker 1: He's you know, we're tight. We're tight.
Speaker 4: We just Brody just lives in a different area and he's in a different phase of his.
Speaker 5: Life's the phase where where I want to go to see the hang out with the Saturday Night Live cast.
Speaker 4: Brodie is not He's not mister spontaneity. There was no way I live next to the city. He doesn't. No way he's getting out of bed at twelve fifteen am to come to a out of bed.
Speaker 1: I was watching.
Speaker 4: I was literally watching Saturday Night Long. I We're not jumping in your car and driving over here a half hour. Hey, Brody, you want to go do the most awesome thing that nobody ever gets a chance to do that you've dreamed about your whole life. Nah, next time, I'm fucking calling you. He knows to call us no the slices. No, you're not a business partner though you're my boy. Well, no, not your boy. Your Brooklyn boys are you boys? Your boys are your boys. I'm uh this guy.
Speaker 26: Right after I said my message, Brody says, see why he gives my fo away.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 1: Yep, this guy.
Speaker 14: Come on, it scary if you'm.
Speaker 26: Want to call somebody a friend, he like fresh safe he's your friend or not? Is Brody really your friend?
Speaker 27: He is?
Speaker 14: Just be real about it.
Speaker 1: We've been through this. We've been because he is.
Speaker 26: The only one that would have truly appreciated going to Saturday.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 4: That is not your boys didn't give us.
Speaker 5: Your boys didn't recognize anybody, didn't know anybody to bring a clock into his.
Speaker 10: Probably say the delivery guy.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 26: This is about the doctor situation, about the raft four. I think that's probably a great doctor. The ones with all the money are the frauds that are dishing out all the medicine that is trash And yeah, so all right, he's actually probably a good doctor.
Speaker 1: Probably is. We judge the book by the cover, though what.
Speaker 17: Chicken Palm Naked without like the.
Speaker 16: Rest of it, it has to have either the plasa or a sandwich or something.
Speaker 17: It's not just chicken with the palm. What is that? No?
Speaker 1: No, okay, Reggie has spoken.
Speaker 17: Hey, Bertie and scary.
Speaker 28: This is Samantha, a teacher from Saint Louis, Missouri, calling in about the six seven debacle. I teach second grade, and I allow my students to say six seven, and they're a weird way if the page.
Speaker 20: Is sixty seven, are the answers sixty seven? But if they say any other time, I tell them they owe me six seven and minutes of recess, and that shuts it down pretty damn past.
Speaker 29: That's funny.
Speaker 14: Love you, guys, Love you.
Speaker 28: To Samantha from Saint Louis again, for any slices that are also elementary teachers or even middle school teachers.
Speaker 17: Hell, maybe even high school.
Speaker 14: I don't know if this is top.
Speaker 28: We are there with the six to seven deal. I promise my kids, depending on their behavior, a six to seven party on the sixty seventh day of school. So we are rewards for a goal that we've set as a class. So just a little tip out there for any teacher.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea.
Speaker 4: Embrace it, you know, My sister has a great way of you know, her school, they just they lean into it. They the adults are saying it more than the kids. Hopefully the kids realize, oh my god, now that the adults are saying it, it's not cool anymore, so they'll stop saying it. Seems like reverse psychology because the kids don't want to be caught doing anything that. But I did say that, all right, But and then I'll add this, It's not the worst thing in the world. The kids could be doing a lot of fucking worse things in school than making fun of two numbers to put together.
Speaker 1: I mean, so it's not that bad.
Speaker 4: I sometimes, when was the last time you heard of something so silly and so insignificant and so so harmless as a wordplay on a number or whatever the case. But I feel like there's a lot more issues to be dealing with in schools than the six seven epidemic.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm spraying, Yeah, yeah, I hear what you spriyan six seven? I hear yeah yeah. But if you're a teacher, though, it probably gets annoying.
Speaker 4: You see the viral video at the in and out Burger where the you know, everyone's phones are all the kids is about it must be one hundred kids. They're waiting for their orders, and and the guy goes up to the microphone and he goes now serving number sixty seven, and the whole place erupts, and everyone's videotaping it, and everyone's like on there with their phones out, ah, screaming.
Speaker 5: So what Yeah, And I don't get it, like sixty nine is funny. I get it sixty seven again.
Speaker 1: It's it's funny to them, all right, it's what's in yeah.
Speaker 16: Reggie, Okay, I will always order the chicken parm with a side of spaghetti.
Speaker 17: Hold the chicken parm because I am a vegetarian.
Speaker 16: Okay, I am not paying fifteen dollars for the spaghetti dollars unless it's like a really huge bowl of the spaghetti and I'm doing to hold the chicken. So maybe just give me the spaghetti for free. Just my presence in your restaurant shouldn't mean I earn free spaghetti.
Speaker 1: All right. Yeah, that's like.
Speaker 17: To order a hamburger and a side of fries. Please hold the burger, just send me the fries.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 27: Sean from Washington State, scary man, You're just so disconnected.
Speaker 14: Come on, chicken parm comes.
Speaker 10: With pasta, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 14: Burger comes with fries.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, not all the time.
Speaker 10: I mean I get. I mean I love it that you have enough money.
Speaker 27: That lot of stuff don't matter.
Speaker 14: I mean that's cool. You work for it, you earned it.
Speaker 4: You are Hey, Hey, I never said scary wrong, scar depends on where you're eating, the fancy of the place. I'll pay fifteen ten cents worth of posit.
Speaker 1: The fancy of the place.
Speaker 4: The less you get what you don't get combo shit at at you know, I listen, whatever, what do you want me to say?
Speaker 11: See from the Bronx over there, episode three fifty four about the chicken palm dinner.
Speaker 7: If you're serving his chicken palm not a chicken pom sandwich, you bet it. Come with some pastas and macloni.
Speaker 1: Forget about it. Yeah, thank you. Probably one of the times I'll ever side with Brody, but.
Speaker 4: Scary I'll take you. Don't just put fucking chicken palm on the plate. You got not go ony, whether it included everywhere I've ever been anyway, Rock and Steve over there now, I can Steve know Brody eats were Rock and Stevie's I get it. I listen, listen. I've been to places where it's included. I have, but you know, other places not so much.
Speaker 30: Skary and Brudy Theresa from Viera Beach, Florida formerly New Jersey Woodbridge. Yes, public cells a pound of pasta for a dollar forty nine, so I don't think i'd be paying eight dollars for a side of pasta that's probably about four ounces.
Speaker 14: I hear your podcast, thank.
Speaker 4: You, but you're also paying for the experience of sitting in there at the restaurant, and the labor costs and the atmosphere. Not I'll pay the labor costs in the chicken palm. Throw me some pasta.
Speaker 15: Jaz bombs here, baby.
Speaker 31: Just want to let you guys know that I had an experience with milk this week that was on a menu at a bread new you know, one of those wrap vegan type of place that offers whatever. New place figure, let's scope it out with the small family business wanted to support. You know, it's brand new, opened up the menu and what's on it all different types of ways that you can make different various drinks and on the menu for milk on the milk, cashew milk, this type of milk, that milk, this milk, regular standard.
Speaker 1: Milk, white milk was listed as.
Speaker 32: Dairy milk.
Speaker 17: On Twitter.
Speaker 32: Do we call regular milk dairy milk or anything.
Speaker 10: Else rather than just milk.
Speaker 1: It's just milk. It's either truck of milk or milk.
Speaker 17: There is no other kind.
Speaker 1: Of fucking milk, strawberry milk.
Speaker 32: Brody, you're right, God damn these people in their fucking milk.
Speaker 1: Right on that one milk, dairy milk, dairy milk.
Speaker 4: It's milk, milk, It's milk.
Speaker 32: Turning down sex no matter what's in my belly at food Wise, my friends food Wise, Reggie, I know she's laughing back there. She's already probably dropped nine thousand talkbacks about different types of various styles of eating when it comes to sex anyways, and also chicken palm mandatory comes with fucking pasta.
Speaker 17: Fight me, I don't.
Speaker 32: Care what anybody says, I'm not eating chicken palm if I'm not getting pasta, and I sure.
Speaker 4: Fucking okay in York Pencil, Can we just take a moment, man, you gotta give the spaghetti something. Can we bask in the afterglow of des Bomb's talkbacks.
Speaker 1: Great, ah, yeah, okay, this.
Speaker 19: Is Ethan in York, Pennsylvania as always, Bertie and Scary Bertie. You were asking about the doctor that drives a shitty car. My brother's father in law is a very successful doctor. They live in a giant house. He's high up in his regional medical organization at the hospital, and for years he drove this absolute shit box of a two thousand and four.
Speaker 14: It's Subishi Lancer.
Speaker 19: So you can't judge a book by its cover.
Speaker 1: Yep, you can't. We learned that. We learned that.
Speaker 4: See, we learned something today, Brody. Don't judge a book by its cover. This has been a lifelong lesson, but we've it's a repeating theme, right since we were kids, Yeah, since since we were kids.
Speaker 1: We were told that.
Speaker 14: The Brooklyn Boys podcast, we will be right back.
Speaker 4: All right, let's check out this next batch of talkbacks. And when you say batch, Reggie probably got all excited.
Speaker 1: I didn't say snatch.
Speaker 33: Brooklyn Boys, thatcha from Long Island back.
Speaker 10: So about that eating thing.
Speaker 33: As a woman, I can say if I am full, like full full to the point of bloated, I do not want to have sex.
Speaker 10: Then I hate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And we're not taking you to dinner exactly.
Speaker 1: You'll eat lettuce wraps.
Speaker 22: Brody is wrang, Brody is brawny.
Speaker 10: Is wrong, is wrong?
Speaker 1: Alright, Trucker, get down with your bad self.
Speaker 34: Is wrong.
Speaker 1: He's full listen because we know that he is wrong, is wrong? Wrong about what.
Speaker 14: Is wrong?
Speaker 1: Is that all you got for us?
Speaker 10: It's just is wrong?
Speaker 1: You're still leave it right down, No need to elaborate.
Speaker 10: And what rick that I am wrong about this time?
Speaker 15: You bet me asking right about this time?
Speaker 35: Let me tell you, buddy, about being difficult everywhere you go that is wrong. The doctor's office, the pharmacy, the restaurant, the glucierist, the cop, this chap, the.
Speaker 1: Big Sudah, the right share app, the dollars six and.
Speaker 34: Own and own?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you? Another original song from the Mother Trucker. How do you feel about that? Bertie?
Speaker 5: I don't feel good about it, and I like the effort. I like the song choice. You know, I think I'm a lovable, wonderful person.
Speaker 10: Hey, what's going on? This angel from California?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 10: You know I gotta agree with scary on this one.
Speaker 36: Man if you're gonna go on a you know, and you're planning to smash at the end of the date. Man, you gotta stay away from the Mexican food because Mexican food can be very feeling.
Speaker 10: You know. It's not being racist or anything, it's just the truth. Man. You gotta stay away.
Speaker 36: From the manulu and the tamalis and at tacos and refree you're gonna feel real bloated and you're not gonna be able to perform properly, you know, and then you're not gonna be able to make the catch squeaks quick quick, or you're not gonna be able to make the frog croak, you know, like when you take it out and then you slim it macinner, You're not gonna be able to slam it back in there, you know, and get the china farts.
Speaker 10: They're not gonna sound properly.
Speaker 36: It's gonna sound more like when you open the Cranberry's house and you let the cranberry slide out and he goes, that's not good.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 10: You know you don't wanna do this.
Speaker 36: Yeah, keeping night, man, don't o reindulge, you know, and any kind of food before you're gonna smash, especially Mexican food man, because it can be real heavy, you know.
Speaker 10: But after you're done, man, and you please your lady.
Speaker 36: You know, you made the the cut screech and then you you made the frog croak.
Speaker 10: Old man, and you got your lady. Oh nice and happy man. Go go out, go get yourself some Mexican food. Man, get your energy back, you know, get some.
Speaker 36: Menulo tacos, uh posoli ref refrito only.
Speaker 4: I can't get a hungry come only not guak.
Speaker 10: There's no such thing as guack wuck okay, and uh you know, do that and you're gonna have a good time. Man. Don't do it like Brody.
Speaker 36: Brody just says that because he apparently only gets it maybe once a year, once every two years, so he's gotta get it whenever he can, you know. Okay, So just have a good time man, please your lady. All right, Okay, guys, hello, watch you have a good week.
Speaker 4: Gorditas and angeladas and flouts and fahitas.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Oh now you saying like an evil scientist on a cartoon.
Speaker 36: He's oh snap, yeah, that's something we used to say back when I was younger, you know, and we would remember something and it just so happened. You know, right now, I was standing in line at Academy Sports and Outdoors, not a sponsor, by the way, don't treat me, okay, I would buy some basebook pants for my son, you know, and I realized, you know, I think that Scary takes more vacations than Brody gets it.
Speaker 10: And my yearly basis do you think so?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 10: They thinks all.
Speaker 1: I think so as well.
Speaker 4: I think you're correct.
Speaker 1: Get money on that.
Speaker 14: One, Hey, Brooklyn Boys. Is Maria from Union City.
Speaker 33: I'm commenting on the Broken Boys episode with the Jeremy Piven interview or not interview.
Speaker 14: I tell you, I feel like he held back.
Speaker 33: He was rather nice considering how pissed he probably was, but hilarious. Nonetheless, I wanted more Jeremy Pivvins. Also Maria from Union City again. So what was so entertaining about that whole conversation was how Brody was running out of air because he was laughing so hard.
Speaker 14: I was in the car with Shay from Philly.
Speaker 33: And we were running out of air because we were laughing so hard. I'm just I feel like you got a tone down.
Speaker 4: Jeremy Pivens Love y'all we did.
Speaker 14: Hey Murray from Union City again, scary? Did he? Did you go to the show? And did he mention that? Because that's what I'm curious about. Did he mention this during his stand up?
Speaker 33: And I was really hoping that you would post a small clip, But that really was unprofessional of your friend.
Speaker 14: He shouldn't have been. He meane, you look bad.
Speaker 33: So now Jeremy Piven's mad at you and it wasn't even your fault.
Speaker 14: I'm on scary side, thank you, love y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, the update to that is no, I did not go to the show. Instead, I went to a nice, hearty Italian dinner that they were having for the at the Wine and Food Festival for our friends at Milio's at Emilio's Billotto, So that was good. Our friend Mario was cooking and it was at the James Beard House.
Speaker 1: Which is it? Okay?
Speaker 5: Can you drop anything else? He went out for a Talian food. Hey, let's what you have scared?
Speaker 4: You have pasta with your chicken palms. Pasta with the chicken palm. Now I know, hy boycotted the Jeremy Pivens show.
Speaker 33: Hey, Brooklyn boys. Mario from Union City just translating for Juan Valdez. He was talking about how the name Abigail Rodriguez doesn't exist in the Spanish language, and the name Abigail hasn't existed since nineteen eighty eight. I think he's just trying to prepare you for the Bad Bunny concert in February.
Speaker 14: So start learning Spanish city, right.
Speaker 4: I cannot wait for Bad Bunny during the halftime show, I'm all about it.
Speaker 33: Hey Brooklyn Boys, Maria from Union City again. I'm listening to the latest episode and you guys are talking about the whole eating and having sex thing. I have never planned a meal around me having sex ever. Just see whatever and have sex unless it's crazy heavy like Italian food, and then we just get the itis and we both pass out. But I've never Hey, Maria from Union City again. Speaking of Italian food. We just discovered a restaurant yesterday in Cliffside Park, Italian Restaurant. The food was amazing and it did not feel heavy. Chay from Philly still got the itis, but I was right awake. Like I said, I don't plan my meals around sex or sex around my meals. Hi, it's Maria from Union City again. Jesus Christ. Chicken parm is supposed to come with pasta. That's an automatic unless it says chicken parm sandwich. Chicken parm always comes a pasta. And then if you're at a good restaurant, they ask you what type of pasta would you like with your chicken parm? Like the one I was at last night in Cliffside Park. I don't get it. Thirty eight dollars just for chicken restaurant crazy.
Speaker 1: By Google Restaurants of cliff Side Park.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the bo She's gotta be talking about nam.
Speaker 4: Moto meo. That's the one. That's the stand she could have been. She could have been at Vincent's Pizzeri and Restaurant or Patsy. Let me ask you, this was Tuto. Is that is that in cliff Side Park? Or is it a different sound?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm looking the letter and then Moto scary. I'm looking at it.
Speaker 37: Hey b boys, Christy from Saddlebrook, Saddlebrook, New Jersey, where a swampy joe consists of chopped meat. Maybe you can catch up, maybe some mustard, some seasoning, onions, peppers, put it on a soft roll and you are good to go. Yeah, not turkey and coast law. Never heard of that before. And my cher the best tune of fish sandwiches on a hard roll. Throw some potato chips on that thing and get some of those awfolate chip cookies that came free pack.
Speaker 1: I went to u a place called Valerities. Valarities in Nutley, New Jersey.
Speaker 4: When you asked for a when you asked for a uh, sloppy Joe, you got the turkey, sorry with the coast law. Yeah, turkey corn beef, coast law something like that.
Speaker 5: By the way, there's a there's a place right across the street from the place you mentioned in Cliffside Park, uh called Piccolos. So I just called back and tell us, well, you know, send us a message on social media. I be the By the way, I've been to too though about alas and Ridgefield. Is that in a ridgefield they're not even in.
Speaker 4: Well well that that's the standout in that area. If for those who know know, it's fucking amazing. That's some real authentic Italian food there.
Speaker 37: Christy Again, those chocolate chip cookies I think were made by Luden's or love Wig or something. Linden and they came in a brown cellophane. Of course, they were the best chocolate chip cookies and the best compliment to that tuna fish sandwich. Keep up the love you is it?
Speaker 1: Linden l I N D E N. And they used to stick together and then when you pulled them apart and they crumbled.
Speaker 4: By the way, I'm looking at Linden's Street pack chocolate chip cookies. Bro you know it's in the in the clear cellophane with the brown wrapping. It's the brown wrapper with the I mean those are classic. Alright, I'm looking at all right, never mind Italian restaurant, Brody's stuck on the lest talk back three tacks. One Italian restaurant all of Cliffside Park.
Speaker 14: What is this?
Speaker 4: One's an Edgewater. I don't even know if if it's the one she's talking about on four points. Rudy's, that's what's joining. That's where the Brod Brody Rudy's. Brody Rudy's. That's where I met Doc That's where I met Doc Good. And it's one of Doc Good's. That is one of his favorite restaurants. And really they made and he you know, his autographers up in there and I said to my friends, you know, how awesome would it be if Doc walked in?
Speaker 1: We were there on a Friday afternoon.
Speaker 4: Him and his fucking wife fucking walked in and sat two tables. He and his wife two tables away. You know what, there's a picture of you know, there's a picture of Doc Good. It's a picture of hold on, can you see this?
Speaker 7: What is that?
Speaker 4: A picture of scary with with pasta? Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 1: Suck it.
Speaker 4: By the way, if you have not been to Rudy's, that is another standout in that area.
Speaker 1: Rudy's is amazing.
Speaker 4: Rudy's is one point six Brody, What point six people didn't like it?
Speaker 1: Brody.
Speaker 4: It's an old school joint. It's been there for a thousand years. You will love it. And the food and the prices are the price is right, price is right.
Speaker 1: On the food.
Speaker 10: Dude.
Speaker 4: Anthony Falco introduced it to me. Anton falconos every eatery in New Jersey.
Speaker 5: He's like, but our audience doesn't know or care who Anthony Falcon is.
Speaker 4: But Anthony Falco is the source. Oh what's this a picture of? I'm holding up another picture I posted. It looks like it looks like he played Parmesan Chicken Parmesan with Linguini with post thank you suck it.
Speaker 38: Christie Again, Brody not only does Scary o us dinner, but he now owes you a Saturday.
Speaker 37: Night Live after well.
Speaker 38: Thank you if he pays attention to the podcast and listen to what you say. He knows darn well that you are a super fan and watched the show weekly Scary. All you had to do was then Brodie a text, hey, dude, are you up? He would have frien replied yes, why, and then you could have brought to the party and made his leap.
Speaker 1: I probably should have done that. I didn't think of it. Ohk ahead. What if I would have texted you what and.
Speaker 5: Said, hey, Brody, what are you doing? I would have said, I'm watching Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 38: Why Saddlebrook And yes, lots of lots of talk back to this episode regarding the chicken farm, I am on board one hundred with drum roll please.
Speaker 4: BRONI thanks Carrie.
Speaker 17: I'm actually a little taken aback.
Speaker 37: By your stance on this.
Speaker 17: Yeah, of course, every.
Speaker 37: Place you go or I should say, ninety percent gives.
Speaker 38: You pasta on the side with your chicken farm or they say vegetables for salad.
Speaker 37: It's just a norm.
Speaker 20: Okay, s from Saint Louis, again, reporting in on my homework. I would trust a doctor if they drove a shitty car.
Speaker 14: My uncle was a dentist.
Speaker 17: He's retired now.
Speaker 20: However, many years ago he was the only dentist in his area at least that could perform a root canal and a crown all on the same day because the investment back in his business. However, as he got older, he didn't. He slowed down on that and traveled the world scuba diving.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh nice, okay, and what.
Speaker 20: About escape God, but yeah, my uncle drove a shitty mini van as a dentist for many years because he invested back into his business and then later splurged on hobbies like scuba diving. As far as chicken palm goes here in Saint Louis, my favorite Italian restaurant on the hill. All the sides are all a part, however, and that doesn't bother me. However, I will order a fucking side. It's not a complete meal. It was just the entree. So I agrew with Brody to that point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and how much of your sides of spaghetti three dollars five dollars, not fifteen like skaries lives in his head.
Speaker 39: Brooking boys called it from North Carolina, and I wanted to comment on the chicken parm So thirty dollars for chicken palm, that's bonkers.
Speaker 4: I better get two chicken cutlets with that chicken parm.
Speaker 40: Yeah, and the spaghetti if they're going to charge me for it at least three dollars, but eight dollars, that's crazy. Three dollars at most, because I could spend thirty three dollars and make a whole family worth of chicken palm.
Speaker 1: You sure care?
Speaker 10: Just saying Brooking boys, brody and scary.
Speaker 1: Hey, brooking boys, I keep.
Speaker 39: Using again from North Carolina, and I wanted to comment on scary going to the gym. So he goes and says, I started going to the gym on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, took the weekend off. I did, went Monday, Tuesday, Yesterday, and today. That's then goes on to ask the question how many days in a row did I go, and then says seven. Because Brody answered he wasn't counting, sir, the answer is four. You went four days in a row.
Speaker 10: Yeah, brooking boys, Brodie.
Speaker 4: Trying trying to sneak with past the goalie on that one. That's all right, took the weekend off.
Speaker 15: Brooke hold and is always Brodian and scary.
Speaker 9: Now, before we go on into our homework, I have two things to talk about. First day, If you guys are going to talk about sports, he left, not make it a bit sports with BROADI and scary. I am tired of listening to sports. Yes, I do like watch sports, but uh I kind of had enough.
Speaker 15: Okay, skip fifteen Scary this is.
Speaker 4: About okay, Yeah, well we get to get through nine of these with this guy, goad hold On. First of all, one, you gotta you gotta cut the intro when you're doing not you gotta stop. You gotta stop, Yeah, you gotta you just go. Just do what you hear the cadence of how the trucker does it. He it's seamless. You don't even realize you're onto the next talk.
Speaker 1: Back if you want to.
Speaker 4: If you want to cut it down and just go protty scary, that's fine, he said.
Speaker 1: Don't even say that, Just fucking go.
Speaker 5: We're not We're not a sports show. But I'm gonna say last night, eighteen.
Speaker 4: Innings, seven hours of Game three of the World Series, one of the most epic games. How do you listen to talk about the longest the longest game in World Series history.
Speaker 5: That is a guy pitching for the Dodgers name Klein, with like an amish redbeard with no mustache or very little mustache. He joined the team a week before, like two days before the playoffs.
Speaker 4: They were short a player. He just joined the team. He's never pitched more than two innings in his life in a game. He pitched over four innings of shut up ball. He's a he's It was amazing story, amazing story, what a game.
Speaker 1: It was on till till almost two.
Speaker 4: Thirty in the morning, o'clock in the morning when it ended. But Freddy Freeman it started at eight. Yeah, maybe Freddy Freeman hit a home run in the bottom of the eighteenth. In case you why do you like sports or not? Last night there is an epic thing. Not according to one Valdez can't talk about sports, all right, continue on with your nine talk.
Speaker 9: Behind this and it's always sporty and it's scary, and this one is about all the Talkbockers.
Speaker 15: I love you all the noise that sound where you are, what you're doing.
Speaker 9: It's a little window into you, guys, and I appreciate every minute of it. Everybody who lives at toll Buck, I love you and I appreciate you all this And it is always broad in scary to our homework. What did it really used to in my childhood?
Speaker 15: When?
Speaker 9: Not in my childhood, but when it came to this country nineteen ninety five, Arizona icedy the toll Can you guys had a pignac coor load of flavor? Oh my god, so delicious. It's no longer available in my area. I don't know if I can get it on Amazon, and is always brought and scary So. I asked my seventeen year old son about six seven. He says it literally means nothing, And I said, it's abandoned your school and says, the teachers will let you say it one time and that's it and if not, then you.
Speaker 15: Go to the principal office. But I don't think the episode should have been named that.
Speaker 1: But okay, sixcept the biggest thing talked about last week? How can we not cap.
Speaker 9: Brother and scary so and the doctor driving car good or piece of shit?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 15: My practice losses are expensive, so maybe he can't drive that. Go to a vehicle.
Speaker 9: And and also if you drive a really good vehicle, I don't know if you remember back in the day, the guy that did all the breast implants, pretty nice car.
Speaker 15: So there you go. He broken busy call this and it's always broad and scary.
Speaker 9: Also on the same talking about the car, ninety percent of ubers that I gotten in are brand new Teslas, so I don't think it relates.
Speaker 1: No, they do that you'll be last one, last one.
Speaker 9: Let's let me this and it's always broadly scared, so scary Jones. I asked all of my Mexican friends, and I asked him, after a big meal or solid yea free horlest do they have sex with their vehicles?
Speaker 15: And yes, they piled that pussy into.
Speaker 1: The Okay, thank you.
Speaker 9: So maybe you don't do it because you only have sex Sunday mornings, but everybody else have sex.
Speaker 15: All the time.
Speaker 4: That is highly unfounded, very very scientific. You are right there, Brody, Brody fell asleep. We will be right back. I was taking aback by his by his description.
Speaker 5: Very ye very very very also, I wanted to read something real quick. According to AI, the Arizona Peanut Colada Virgin Cocktail drinks continued in twenty twenty. However, it was brought back by the company in September of twenty twenty five. Check out Drink Arizona dot com for information on where you can buy.
Speaker 4: Here you go, Brodie, who's still hung up? Now if you could answer his other eight?
Speaker 1: I got talkbacks? All right, boys?
Speaker 12: Podcast?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: I thought we were cutting back on the amount of talk actually leaving per person, but I guess we're not.
Speaker 1: I guess, I guess we just roll on. Let's see who is this?
Speaker 34: Hey, brooken boys? MJ from NJ. I wanted to mention something because I probably got a race. I heard a commercial on one on one point five and it was sort of restaurant in Hamilton, New Jersey called Malagra m A L A g A. It's a Spanish restaurant. The commercial it sounded identical to one Valvez. I wonder if he's doing some sidework MJ from NJ, just commenting on scariest vacation. I know it was it's old news, but you know what, So he went saw what Palm Springs was. So what I mean, that's great. You know people were ragging on him because he had the pink Baden suit or the pink pink shorts and he was with his friend who was a male. I mean, so if they thought they were gay, they thought they were gay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, all right, I'll never thank you, Jay. We'll never see those people again.
Speaker 1: So who cares? All right? Here's three that were left at five o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 14: This is Lauren from Orlando. Scary.
Speaker 29: There is no way you've ever gone to an Italian restaurant. You've just gotten chicken farm. You're notorious for ordering the entire menu. My guy, there's no way.
Speaker 14: You will just get the chicken farm and eat it like that.
Speaker 29: I feel like you're the kind of guy that when you go to a Mexican restaurant.
Speaker 14: You would pay for them to give you chips and salsa.
Speaker 29: I personally believe that that is your right. When you go to Mexican restaurant, is you get chicken salsa.
Speaker 14: As you're waiting for your.
Speaker 4: Chips and sausa just shows up because it's like bread and butter. It's like it's a the bread and butter. Of uh, it's Mexican bread and butter. Or when you go to a Japanese restaurant, the damam is is the Japanese bread and butter.
Speaker 1: No, some of these places.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, I'm not disagreeing with the fact that we should have this stuff. Of course I want this stuff for free. Of course that should be accompanyment. Of course that should be included. Let me be clear about that. I'm just letting you know that in my travels, not every place that I've been to gives you.
Speaker 1: The atamami for free.
Speaker 4: You gotta order it, gives you the chips and saucer for free, you gotta order it.
Speaker 1: Gives you even bread and butter for free, you gotta order it. Somebody butter.
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, listen.
Speaker 5: There's a Mexican restaurant where we used to go when we first moved to New Jersey. We went once, highly recommended, right oh fresh, realistic, authentic Mexican food, terrific. We went and I say, I'm gonna get chips and sausa, and they were like, yeah, it's four twenty five or something. I'm like, okay, We're never eating here again.
Speaker 4: Okay, Nope, when you go to Chipotle, do they give you the chips and saucer for free?
Speaker 1: No? That is an ala carte point to your food kind of place. Okay, different.
Speaker 4: Okay, So then some people, some places are gonna call themselves there, say, when you go to McDonald's, do they give you a bread and butter? Your dumb ass? No it makes any sense? Yes, I am making now gee, because chips and sauces still have a cost effected, still have a cost associated with it. It's built into the food building it saying I want unlimited chips and salsa just because on the I want unlimited chips and sauce, just because you show up at a restaurant and you sit down at a Mexican restaurant.
Speaker 1: The food costs some places someplace.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know it's about a nickel who gives a fuck, But I'm telling you exactly. Some places will put it on the table and you get it for free. Others will charge you for it. What I'm saying is, don't be surprised either way. That's the whole prise. When I don't go back as licens, are you going back to a Mexican restaurant that charges you for chips and salsa. Back to the first If you want to give me the first one free and charge me for the second one, maybe back to the chicken again. I better get me some Back to the chicken with the pasta. My point was some places will give it to you for free. Some places they use so guess what some place I'm not going back to. So when I sit down and I look at it on the menu, I'm just saying, don't be prized either way, because any from Brooklyn. If you go to a restaurant and they want to charge you for bread and butter, are you going back?
Speaker 1: Guaranteed not? Are still going back? Stevie.
Speaker 4: Something of these people are going to go back. But I'm telling you I've been to a place. I've been in butter or like the or the bread basket that has fancy things in it, fancy items.
Speaker 5: You go to car Mines in Manhattan, they give you a fancy bread basket with fakachage as.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's free, sometimes o bread, sometimes it's not. Don't be surprised either with Katcha. Car Mines has sauce on it, it's free.
Speaker 29: I feel like you're about to say, because you haven't gone to a good Mexican restaurant that or a high quality one. And that's just not true, because I've gone through the scary process and gone to Mexican restaurants where they have the high Google reading, and I've had a pay per chase in Saucea, and overall the experience not as good as a small, cool, old Mexican restaurant. It's like going to an Italian restaurant where they don't serve you any free bread, nothing like that.
Speaker 14: There's this place by my house.
Speaker 29: That they are bougie af and they give you no side, no bread, nothing, Everything is a la carte and the food.
Speaker 14: Is not that good.
Speaker 29: Okay, So I agree with Gordy here as all agree.
Speaker 4: With you, and once again, don't misquote me. People just they take my words and they twist them. I never said that you can go into an Italian restaurant and and and not get bread and butter.
Speaker 1: Listen it just because they give it to you for free or you have to.
Speaker 4: Order it doesn't make it a good place or a bad place. Everything in a bad place, No, it does it. It doesn't make the quality of the place. Yes, chances are a bougie place is a boogie place is going to charge you a la carte per item, okay, And does that make the place better? No, I never said it did. It all depends on how they laid out their menu and how their profit margins work, because at the end of the day, it's all math and statistics and they they're trying to figure out a way to make the profit off you, Okay, So if they bundle it together, they probably charged you more in the price.
Speaker 7: Good good boys dep from NC.
Speaker 12: So I went to the casino and Cherokee here in North Carolina, and I.
Speaker 7: Balled into the black jack table with one hundred dollars, and your boy doubled his fucking money. But no one ever told me to walk away when they switched dealers, So I lost all my fucking money. But I know for November if if y'all got any more tips, I would love to know it, because if I can quit weld and then played black jack for a living, it would be nice.
Speaker 1: It's like deja vu all over again. He left that that dot. Wasn't that the first one we heard?
Speaker 40: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, he's he to leave it again. That's all right?
Speaker 41: Here he is again, Brody scary scary Brody burn down in Atlanta listening to Brody's rant about the palm and all the cart side. Brody, if you've been to a decently high end steakhouse, it is very rare that you get any type of.
Speaker 42: Side with your entree.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 41: I'm guessing this is probably a higher level Italian restaurant that probably follows the same methods.
Speaker 14: So just the thought there.
Speaker 41: But I didn't know if you expected fries with your prime steak at the steakhouse.
Speaker 4: Yah, No, you don't one of those separately, do not get fries with steak? You're yelling at Ho, who are you yelling at you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, what, I've never been to a steakhouse. You don't get fries with your steak? Is that Yourey?
Speaker 15: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I've been enough steakhouses. No, thanks to you.
Speaker 5: But the thing is, when you go to a steakhouse, you're spending fifty sixty dollars for the steak because you're going to a place that's specializes in one item. A steakhouse is a place you go specifically for their expertise in the crafting of steak, and they also go for their expertise and crafting of sides. A side at a steakhouse is not plain pasta.
Speaker 4: It's usually lobster mac and cheese, potatoes or grott right, something fancy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: You're paying for a fancy side, and they want you to have the option of choosing the sides you want, and they're all different price points. I'm talking about twenty cents pasta. It's not the same thing. It's okay, But hold on a second. You made the burger fries comparison earlier. You go to a hold On, you make no you go to, you expect fries with your burger if you go if you go to a hold On, If you go to a steakhouse and you order a burger, death's not coming with fries. You have to order the fries separately. How is that any different? How is that any different?
Speaker 5: Because they specialize in gourmet sides. I already established that they want you to they want you to order the nine dollars twelve dollars potatoes or.
Speaker 1: Grot no fries fries.
Speaker 4: There are steak there are places, there are steakhouses that serve that have burgers and they have just regular plain fries. Brody, why do you not have a problem with paying the up charge for the fries. Then, because I'm not gonna order fries at a steakhouse, I'm gonna order potatoes or grotten for twelve dollars. You're not making any sense. But okay, all right, it's not a French fry place.
Speaker 5: But if I go to a diner, I want fries with my burger, it's a different it's a different.
Speaker 4: Thing, but it's the same thing because it's still A burger is a burger, and a fry is a fry. So how is it How is it a different thing only the venue has changed?
Speaker 1: But what's your exp but your expectations aificause.
Speaker 5: I if I buy a fifteen dollars hamburger, they can throw in twenty cent fries. If I go to a steakhouse, they're not gonna give me fries because they want me to buy the potatoes or grotten.
Speaker 4: They don't want me to eat the cheap fries for free. I get that, But we're talking about an Italian restaurant that's not a steakhouse. An Italian restaurant serves pasta with the chicken palm rest of the movie Big Nights. But it's the same fucking analogy it's the same analogy. The movie Big Night with sub is one of the greatest films ever made. Okay, and it's about two hold on, it's about two Italian chefs who they come to America, open up a restaurant and they make a legitimate Italian food, legitimate Italian Italian food from Italy, and they make this unbelievable risotto. It's like one hundred ingredient risotto, right, yes, and you know what the customer is from America, say, what where's the bread? And do I get pasta with that rissotto? It's rice, But Americans want pasta and bread with their entree. End of story. I know, but no, but yeah, But in Italian restaurants certain the same way that there's a diner versus a fancy steakhouse, there's Italian restaurants versus fan it's the Italian restaurants. I'm just letting you know that in a fancy Italian restaurant you cannot expect the pasta to come with the chicken.
Speaker 1: Parly, yes, because.
Speaker 4: Jo's Blatto is one of the most famous Italian restaurants in New York.
Speaker 1: Negive, but it's not. But it's not bougie.
Speaker 10: David Broody is wrong. David Brodie is.
Speaker 43: Scary ass, Brody. If you played the ten ten Wins porn audio, I don't think he did, but I might have missed it, so I looked it up. Brody made some very funny comments on the Instagram posts, but I found at the bottom of the comments it's actually not porn. It's from an episode of Working Moms.
Speaker 1: I Love correct. We found that out later on.
Speaker 21: So either way, David birdies wrong. Oh yeah, that's right, food.
Speaker 12: He's wrong.
Speaker 14: If they even Brodie is wrong.
Speaker 27: Bro Hey Brooklyn Boy's anny from Oldbridge, New Jersey on episode three fifty four on the Chicken Palm Deal Number one, Chicken palm is my favorite. Should it come with pasta? Not necessarily it is kept quite filling. So the other thing, Brody is they could charge you thirty eight dollars and it comes with pasta, but you know, thirty dollars is a lot. But if it's any from Old Bridge, New Jersey, Pot two on the Chicken Palm Deal, listen, if you can't afford to go out to dinner, then don't eat out. So if you want your three dollar pasta, maybe you should eat at home, Brody, and don't forget three dollars. They got a lot of overhead in these restaurants, so you got to take that into consideration. And don't forget good food isn't cheap, and cheap food isn't good.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. This guy just encapsulated all of it.
Speaker 27: Bullseye Eddie from Oldbridge again on the last comment on episode three fifty four, listen, body you said, would you go to KFC and walk out with a bucket of chicken and those sides?
Speaker 14: No, of course not.
Speaker 27: But you're gonna pay for those times. You're gonna pay for this Thanksgiving dinner? About going there? Now, that's comparing apples and rat is totally different going to a restaurant versus someone's house. Scare you in on this one.
Speaker 1: This is a man with a lot of common sense.
Speaker 5: Let me let me back up to the voicemail, to the talk back that says, if I can't afford to go out to eat, don a GUARDI I can't afford to go out to eat, that doesn't mean I have to get ripped off. Just because I have enough money to go out for a meal doesn't mean I want to overpay you could still you could still be upset about a price of something. Oh well, I'm going out to eat, so I'll pay seven hundred and twenty five dollars for chicken palm and one hundred and ninety five dollars for pasta. Because because according to your theory, if you're going out, it doesn't matter what you pay.
Speaker 4: It absolutely matters.
Speaker 34: This is Thirsty from Colorado. The spaghetti must come with the chicken punt.
Speaker 1: That's you, thank you, Okay, that's how Okay, it's not required.
Speaker 14: I don't want to eat the chick compartment without the.
Speaker 1: Spaghetti, right, that's your opinion.
Speaker 9: But that bugs me when they charge me extra for that.
Speaker 4: Okay, that but that's an opinion. But the fact is that places do that, and they have a right to do that. Don't be surprised when.
Speaker 10: They do it.
Speaker 42: Brooklyn Boys is te white. Hopefully the six or seven times that I tried to do this before having gone through, otherwise I will have an MJ from NJ situation going on. But sushi is probably at the bottom of the list of date items that I would expect to do anything afterwards. Really, I won't say no, but sushi's at the bottom. I would know what to expect and I wouldn't have to have an Ari Gold situation.
Speaker 44: Okay, hey there, yeah, couple of douche pegs. I'd like to apologize for my last talkback, the last last time for it. It was not my intention to send my talkback five times, but every time i'd send it, the thing would just go.
Speaker 6: Round and round and round, and then it would say.
Speaker 10: Message not sent.
Speaker 42: Also, Brody's that's scary didn't clear out any of the sound out of the four hundred and seventy four thousand dollars sound system.
Speaker 14: He sold to me.
Speaker 42: When he goes on vacation next week, we can do the Brooklyn Boys podcast with Brody and t Way. I'll take second billing, no.
Speaker 4: Problem, all right, sounds like a planned I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Take all right, we just have a few a few of these left.
Speaker 44: Hey there yet couple of douche pe all right, you know, I'd like to apologize for it was Okay, Hey there yet couple of same polo.
Speaker 4: Okay, hey there yet couple of By the way, I'm not I'm not stopping and starting the same one. These are all in a row.
Speaker 10: So hey, there yet couple of douche pace goodbye.
Speaker 1: Don't do that, don't clog up our system.
Speaker 16: Scary based on the morning show discussion you had a while back, is Brody a girls guy or a guys guy?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: That was the conversation.
Speaker 17: That is Brody? What's your opinion of scary.
Speaker 4: Brody marked out for Brooklyn Boys that Remember I told you there was something I wanted to get into and I forgot. That's exactly the topic right there. We're going to talk about this on the next Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 23: Okay, they what broom explosion?
Speaker 14: Mike?
Speaker 1: So scary?
Speaker 18: Did you receive my package yet?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 23: And how much of our ship did you give awayst time made it? And anyway you know scary like how much we eat on a date and that we know that we're gonna get intimate that night. I don't think it really matters, because like, if you're gonna pull all nighter, you need the feel, right, you know.
Speaker 30: What I mean?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's very fair, Mike. All right, well listen, thank you so much, Asian.
Speaker 1: Mike.
Speaker 4: Your package is here, it's sealed, I brought home. We're gonna open it up live on the next Brooking Voice podcast. How do you feel about that, bro, Are you cool with that?
Speaker 1: No, because then you're gotta give it away to someone life.
Speaker 4: No, no no, And I would open it in front of you on the on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we'll do it unboxed.
Speaker 7: Reactions.
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you.