Speaker 1: I'll tell you my fare story was Carrie Lambier. I hadn't talked about a long time. Carry Lambier, Bill Lambier's daughter daughter. She was one of our power formers at the time.
Speaker 2: She's fucking big.
Speaker 1: She was a beast and she was she was good and obviously I had the NBA pedigree. But I remember one of the assistant coaches going to me, He's like, Carl, go as hard as you can't do like and I could still like dunk so like, but the women's ball was a little bit smaller than I was adjusting to like using that a little bit. Yeah, but I remember going fucking toe to toe and the paint and she would kick my fucking ass. Dude.
Speaker 2: Really, they weren't allowed.
Speaker 3: We had a rule that you guys weren't allowed to dunk. You guys could do anything, but you weren't allowed to dunk.
Speaker 2: And like it was.
Speaker 3: It's so funny though, because it didn't take you a second to learn how to like play against the girls. I just think it's funny too though, because our practice players is like the first ones, like you know you're playing, so sometimes you're gonna like hit someone in the boo where we're gonna hit you guys, Like in the yagone.
Speaker 2: You're posting some guy up down low and he's.
Speaker 1: Just I was also like trying to get some like lessards and I'm like putting my head in her tist like.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: Okay, First Weeks, First Guys, Show Me Something Podcasts Episode thirty four.
Speaker 2: We are joined by a dear friend of mine, Carl Radkey.
Speaker 4: He's now also a podcast host himself Summer House Og and I've got it in real time?
Speaker 2: Are you calling you calling yourself an author?
Speaker 1: Carl, No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: This is awesome.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like I have to, but I'm not comfortable with that. There's a lot of there's a lot of amazing authors who are real authors. I'm just a regular random dude.
Speaker 2: That's why people love you though.
Speaker 4: But Carl did publish a book. It is called Cake Eater. You've kind of got a lot of awesome stuff going on right now. Are you more excited to have the book going around? Are you more excited to like start the pod?
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like they I've been working on both of these things for like almost two years, so they kind of go hand in hand together. They kind of feed each other. So I mean it's been both of them have been really fulfilling. It's super you know, super fun, very overwhelming. Some of the book stuff going on tours been really exciting. But also yeah, I mean I've opened up a lot about you know, dark, difficult things in my life. It's not like a happy you know, how do your friends read? It's it's very difficult, you know, material and things I've been through. So yeah, I mean, some of it's been amazing. But the goal from the beginning with the book was to help people, and I feel like that's that's what's happening. So that's all that really matters.
Speaker 4: Okay, I shoot it real quick. Maybe I'm going to introduce you guys, because that's my fault.
Speaker 2: I didn't even do it.
Speaker 4: No, you're okay, Sophy, Carl, Carl, Sophie and before I go this summer, when we were filming Summerhouse, I told Carl, I was like, I might be doing a podcast with Sophie cunning Hamley.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know who that is.
Speaker 4: Carl and I live in house with a lot of dudes who aren't super big ballnoers.
Speaker 2: Carl is a Ballner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Carl is a huge She's a beast, like you gotta do it, and so I'm glad you to get to mean help.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hi Sophie, Hi Carl.
Speaker 2: Okay. So I was I love this. I was just telling Wes.
Speaker 3: I was like, I think that I just really love him, Like, I just feel like you were just a good freaking human and there's just something about you that you just want to squeeze like and but like, well done.
Speaker 2: That's why everyone's like calls him dad.
Speaker 3: But seriously, I think that you are a fan favorite for so many reasons.
Speaker 2: But something that.
Speaker 3: I want to talk to you about because I think this is like so bold and courageous of you, and I like love you for it is like you're on a show that is known for like partying, partying.
Speaker 2: How do you say that word partying?
Speaker 1: Partying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, being a partier and the fact that you just choose to like be sober and now you're into running, you're an author starting your own podcast. Like I feel like you are living your best years right now and like you're mentally, physically, emotionally everything you were just like blooming and blossoming, and everyone who watches the show can see it, so like, let's dive into that big time because I don't know you, but I'm so proud of you, and I know other people when I said that we're having you on the podcast, are like, hell yeah, and I'm like, let's get into it.
Speaker 1: So well, thank you, thank you, thank you. If I could say anything, I feel like I get way more credit than I deserve. You know, I've I don't have it all figured out, so I appreciate the kind words, but you know, it's hard sometimes to receive such complimentary feedback because I you know, I've put I've been through a lot of stuff. I'm definitely I don't think I'm a fan favorite. I appreciate the notion of that, but you know, I've certainly put a lot out there for the fans to talk about over the years, some pretty bad, some pretty ugly, but you know, that's kind of what we're you know, what we're here to do is show our lives and all the all the ugly, all the bad and the good sometimes. But yeah, no, I I've been very lucky and very privileged in a lot of different ways, with a lot of opportunities and a lot of things have kind of come my way since kind of turning my life around, and a big part of that was admitting that I'm an alcoholic and a drug addict, and like I had to take those steps. I come from a family that has alcoholism and drug addiction in it mental health issues. So yeah, it was important for me to kind of look in the mirror. And I also watch the show too, Sophie. So seasons one through four, I mean I hated myself, like I hated who I was and the person I was putting out. And from season five and on, you know, I've really tried to make better choices and really look in the mirror.
Speaker 4: I told Sophie before we do this, because I've done like the same press you have, Carl, that we get asked a lot of the same questions over and over and over and over again a thousand times, and I think we want to have a little more fun and ask you stuff that you've never been asked before, in this spirit of this being a sports podcast. Originally, you're Pittsburgh guy, born and raised, Pirates, Penguins, Steelers.
Speaker 2: Who am I forgetting?
Speaker 1: Uh? Pirates timans do? That's our big gree That's all. We had three but I went to Syracuse University, so I do kind of low key cheer for the sports, I mean basketball, and Syracuse has been on a downhill the last I mean ever since we joined six we joined the ACC when the Big East got kind of disbanded, you know, Georgetown, Yukon and Deleanova, Syracuse, pitt It's never been the same for the basketball team.
Speaker 2: Even old Big East football used to be sick.
Speaker 4: Oh, and they had like West Virginia, Remember they had like Steve Slayton, Like old Big East used to be so toight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, West Virginia, Miami, Virginia Tech, Miami. That's some pretty good like Thursday night ACC games.
Speaker 4: What are your first memories? Is at Pittsburgh? Like sports fan? Is it the Steelers?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What do you like? What is your first memory that you can recall?
Speaker 1: First memory was nineteen ninety one ninety two the Penguins won back to back Stanley Cups. Mario Lemieux, Yamer Yager lived in our little community. He would he would go to his house during Halloween and he would hand like in Pittsburgh, so the local players have like a candy bar, like it was like their local thing.
Speaker 2: So what was it? Though, was it like a s A.
Speaker 1: It was a yamer yogurt, peanut butter hockey fuck like circular. That sounds kind of good. Actually, it was honestly legit, and he would hand them out from his own home because he lived in like in the community, so people would trick or treat at his house and he'd hand out his own candy bar to the kids.
Speaker 2: Wait, got is that cocky as shit or is that like legit?
Speaker 1: Well, he's he's a check and he's got a personality, so he kind of got away with being like an ego like Alpha.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My first memory really of that was ninety ninety one Penguins back to back. However, I do want to flag I was born in Chicago, Illinois, and we lived there when I was very young. My first game ever was a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley It was it was a day game because when I went to the Wrigley Field, they did not have lights for night games. It was only daytime games at regularly up until like the late nineties.
Speaker 4: Do you know that there was also an ordnance in Chicago that said that they you can't make loud noise after whatever pm.
Speaker 2: It was like seven or eight pm.
Speaker 4: So that's why the Cubs like a if you watch mon TeV they're always playing there during the day because at Wrigley they've been playing day games for so long due to like not having lights and like these weird Chicago ordinances that they like never.
Speaker 1: Got rid of. Well, like Wrigley is they like literally in a neighborhood. It's like you're watching you know, it's like north of Chicago, but it's almost like it feels like you're in someone's backyard and then all of a sudden, here's a baseball stadium.
Speaker 3: But guys, don't you kind of prefer like a great like seventy five eighty degree day with a slight breeze rather than a night game, Like think about it.
Speaker 1: Baseball baseball day game is yeah, epic. I would say a playoff night game it's pretty cool too where it's at like an October night game.
Speaker 2: Playoffs, you're kind of bundled up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I like that. Oh yeah, Carl.
Speaker 4: What did you to Syracuse? Like, I know Syracuse is a good journalism school, and I know.
Speaker 1: Kind of was good right behind me there it is my credentials, I my my guidance counselor, uh sophomore year of high school. I did like the morning announcements. I love holding microphones. I did the sports stuff even though I played. I love like ESPN and Sports Center. I mean kind of like you guys too. I thought of I wanted to go to journalism school. It's originally my idea, and my guidance counselor wrote down like four different schools. She's like Syracuse, n y U, USC, and.
Speaker 2: The University Missouri. Probably from being honest, Missouri it's the number one journalism school in the country.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there was a few schools and I my uncle had actually had some friends had gone to Syracuse and something about the basketball team, the big sports, the big school. I was really excited about trying to go there. So I put all my eggs into the Syracuse basket from like junior year. That's why I knew I wanted to go there because in school the education program. But that's how I got to Syracuse. So I was recruit. I was a really good volleyball player.
Speaker 2: I was all was volleyball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was first team All Pennsylvania my senior year. I was probably the best center in I mean in the country. I was probably the top five player in the country my senior year.
Speaker 2: Are you shitting me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I'm so spie.
Speaker 3: Dude, I know, But like I just I feel like being in the Midwest. I think when we were growing up volleyball. All the tall guys they went to basketball, but there were so many basketball players that I was like, dude, you'd be a badass volleyball player.
Speaker 2: And the fact that you played. Did you ever play sand?
Speaker 1: Oh? Absolutely? We had a sand court in our like in our town, even though we lived in Pittsburgh, we had like this cool sand court. In the summer. We all would like a cup.
Speaker 2: D I had no idea that like makes me just love you even more? What the heck?
Speaker 1: That is so fun? This is how it came to be. I loved baseball. I loved My brother was an amazing baseball player. He you know, was world class baseball player. People knew he was a great athlete. So I always wanted to be like my brother. Yeah, And when I got to high school, I was on the freshman baseball team. I wasn't great, but I just wanted to play. And then sophomore year, I tried out for the varsity baseball team got cut. I didn't even make the JD team, So I like went home crying, essentially when I got cut. What am I gonna do now with all this free time? And one of my friends said to me, shout out to Ryan Murray. He was like, bro, if you want to dunk a basketball, try out for the volleyball team. And it was kind of like all these basketball players that weren't playing the spring sport went over to the basketball team. And my sophomore year, or sorry, volleyball team. My sophomore year, we had two of our best basketball players on the but I just caught the bug and it was incredibly technical, very competitive. I love the athleticism of the jumping and the blocking.
Speaker 3: Dude, wait, the jumping that men volleyball players credit this damn world. Like, I don't think people to the credit dude basketball players is dunking, But I'm like, no, you need to watch vollyball players jump.
Speaker 2: It is insane.
Speaker 1: They were crazy. So, yeah, I caught the bug my sophomore year of high school with volleyball. I wasn't great by sophomore year, but by junior year, yes, I actually started playing. Like there's a Junior Olympics of community. I started playing volleyball at Junior Olympics and my junior year I was really really good. With my senior year, I mean I was definitely one of the best players in the state. Wow.
Speaker 2: But I.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny because was setting the right side like the center. Actually the right side blocker and the left side hitter is the strong hitter. So technically you want your probably your smartest player and your best blocker to be on your right side. I was a good blocker, but I was super smart. Yeah, so I played. Also, we did a six to two, so I would set back row and then get front right. So I had a good arm and a good good swing. But yeah, I was gonna say. Though I graduated from Syracuse, I was recruited by you know, Penn State, Saint Francis, like Ohio State Ball. I actually went to Ball State to look good old Indiana, but I wanted a large university experience and I wasn't going to get much scholarship money from those schools. Yeah, and I don't think my dad said this, but I heard this from someone. They said, Carl, if you tear your acl day one of being at ball State or Ohio State. Do you still want to go there? Yeah? I mean the answer the answer is not. I wanted to go. I wanted to go to where the education was the best and the program for furthering my career after college made the most sense. But I got to Syracuse and I did play on the club men's volleyball team, and my freshman year I was an All American as an actually outside hitter, not.
Speaker 2: A center, right side or left.
Speaker 1: I was a left side.
Speaker 4: You've been so humble about that because I knew you played volleyball, but you have never dropped the accolades until just now.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I was legit, very legit. Yeah, we got to find eight, but nope, you'll get a kick out of there. So this is sophomore year at Syracuse. There was a gym on campus where all, like the football players would come and play pick up. The lacrosse team played pick up. I was just the regular guys, but we had like a good crew of basketball players and I was playing pick up. I mean I could dunk. I was bawling like I was a good player.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: One of the assistant coaches from the men's basketball team was there watching and pulled me aside. He said, hey, you want to try out? I said absolutely if I went over to the try out like a week or two later, and Jim bay Him was there. Yeah, the old deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't make the team I got. I got an email about a week later, Hey Carl, I'm the head coach of the women's basketball team.
Speaker 2: Oh you want to know where this is going?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you do it? Coach coach Quentin Richardson was like, Yo, we're doing this whole men's practice squad, kind of like what Yukon was doing. We wanted our.
Speaker 2: Best supposed to do that.
Speaker 3: I think, well everyone does it now, but I don't know. Back in the day, it might have been like a newer thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it was newer. I was one of the first ones at Syracuse to kind of do this. But I went into the meeting and it was like, you get a gatorade, put your name on it, you get a pair of shoes to all the kids show up to this thing. And my favorite story, I'll tell you, my favorite story was Carrie Lambier. I hadn't talked about a long time. Carry Lambier, Bill Lambier's daughter, daughter. She was one of our power formers at the time. She's big, she was a beast, and she was she was good. And obviously I had the NBA pedigree. But I remember one of the assistant coaches going to me, He's like, Carl, go as hard as you fucking can't do it. And I could still like dunk this. So but the women's ball was a little bit smaller than I was adjusting to like using that a little bit. Yeah, but I remember going fucking toe to toe and the paint and she would kick my fucking ass.
Speaker 2: Dude. Really, they weren't allowed.
Speaker 3: We had a rule that you guys weren't allowed to dunk. You guys could do anything, but you weren't allowed to dunk.
Speaker 2: And like it was.
Speaker 3: It's so funny though, because it didn't take you a second to learn how to like play against the girls.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean I was. I obviously I was excited about the opportunity because I knew how fundamental and skilled. Yeah, but what I didn't clock was the toughness and like the physicality of the women. I just assumed it would be a little less physical. It was actually more physical.
Speaker 3: So ever realized everyone says that everyone because I heard that too. You just have to because when guys are so much more athletic, Like I don't care what anyone says that, yes, there's a lot of athletic females, but guys are just built different, and so we, I feel like, have to be more physical. And so when our practice players come in, they're like like, shit, we got the fucking shit beat out of us today. We're like, no, we have to like to keep up with you guys, Like there's no way that you you can't. So I just think it's funny too though, because our practice players is like the first.
Speaker 2: Ones, like you know, you're playing, so sometimes.
Speaker 3: You're gonna like hit someone in the boo where we're gonna hit you guys, like in the thing someone if you're posting.
Speaker 2: Some guy up down low and he's.
Speaker 1: Just I was also like trying to like like get some like leasuarage and I'm like putting my head in her tist like.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: But I will say that the no dunking policy is the real thing, because we had like I got frustrated at one point and it was like kind of backing down and I did like a pump fake and like drop step and I can like to like step and dunk and I did it, and the coach goes, don't ever fucking do that, ship.
Speaker 2: Carl, just like fuck you females exactly.
Speaker 4: Just because it's not a part of like I don't, it's just not a part of the women's game.
Speaker 1: So they just like.
Speaker 3: Realistic, there's not anyone doing what Carl can do. Especially if I played fucking men's volleyball.
Speaker 2: There's just no way.
Speaker 1: And then I remember, this is a crazy memory, but there was a guard from Rutgers at the time who was one of the best players in college basketball. Uh, Cappy Pond. Oh my gosh, yet what she was sick, And so I would wear this a like different colored jersey. Yeah, i'd be Cappy for a plaque of practice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Basically I just ran around like a maniac, like screens are being set. I just ran all over the place. And there was one particular person that had the guard yep, but I would play kind of that.
Speaker 2: Dude. Kapy is like one of the best players that ever crossed the w n B.
Speaker 3: A like that is in saying Carl that you know these people, this is just like blowing my damn mind. No.
Speaker 1: I remember her vividly because she was yeah, like we had to kind of prepare for that game. Yeah. I always could tell my friends and were like.
Speaker 5: Was Carl's saying we You hear that He's saying we and there no.
Speaker 3: But I will say I think that like our practice players are men who are like in female sports, and like you're in it, like you're playing or like your manager or whatever, like you have a better appreciation for how how hard, like how hard we work in like the athleticism that we have. It's different than the men, but there's still an appreciation for it. And like the fact that you're still a fan of it. I think it's because you were in it. Like I just love that.
Speaker 1: I love it right more, I mean more than Like the competitiveness was incredible. The fundamentals were I actually believe the fundamentals are better than the men. Yeah, you know, bouts passing and pick screens, setting screens. So the defending it was like the women I felt like were like they do it, they did it better than us, and we got away.
Speaker 3: We have to like we have to we have to pay to do the small details because you guys are just too athletic that you'd pick us apart if you don't have the right angle, if you don't have the right I don't know, defensive scheme.
Speaker 4: Like Ultimately, that's the that's the whole purpose of having the men's squad is to just kind of like really and make everything a little bit different.
Speaker 1: I'll have to send you, guys the screenshot. There's it's called it's called The Daily the Daily Orange, which is our new student newspaper, And it was like men's bast or men's team cast offs practicing with the women or something.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: I love the w b A still has practice squads, so you need to get on the practice squad of the Liberty.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you need an extra. Well, it's funny. I live at green Point, Brooklyn, and the Liberty are building their brand new practice facility right right outside where I live.
Speaker 4: Dude, what's written in the stars, Carl.
Speaker 3: I'm already What if I got traded up there and then actually me and carlill become like best friends.
Speaker 1: I thought you're gonna say it like we get married.
Speaker 2: Or something, I mean, and then I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it all right, Quick time out. Today's show is brought to you by a presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. Floor to sports book. With hard Rock Bet, there's literally always something going on hoops, hockey, and a bunch more every single night, plus all the same game parlays, live betting, and player props. If you haven't signed up yet, new users can double their winnings on their first ten bets up to fifty bucks. So if you're supposed to win one hundred and now you're looking at two hundred. Boy math Boom also important. The hard Rock Bet app is the only legal sports book in Florida, and it's live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan, with more states soon to come. They've also got new promos every single day, so open the app and see what's live. Go ahead and download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit today playable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe in Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock.
Speaker 6: Digital, LLC and all other states, must be twenty one and older and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, and New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia to play. Terms and conditions do apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eight admit it. And in Indiana, if you were someone you know has a gambling problem and wants to help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one hundred gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia.
Speaker 4: One part of your Summer House, lor Carl, that I still haven't watched, like everything from the beginning, but it's that you were like mister Sales, like just love, just love sales.
Speaker 1: I like, so you graduated from ser your cues with what degree? Television radio, television, radio and film? And what's funny is in my eighth grade like yearbook, we had like like superlins, like most likely to be an NFL player, most likely to be on TV? It was it was me because I always liked I liked the mic in the camera and like a lot of my friends from my hometown and growing up aren't surprised that I'm in the TV world. They're surprised that the way it is, like yeah, Prova. They thought it might be me like hosting something or being an anchor or doing that. It's it's a little different.
Speaker 4: I think if the three of us can all agree, we have always liked holding a microphone.
Speaker 1: I think we all have a knack for say.
Speaker 2: It just comes natural. We have the face and the voice for it.
Speaker 1: I thought I was on a face for radio.
Speaker 4: But you know, no, so you graduated and then ju were you in NYC right after you graduated, like came straight here?
Speaker 1: No? No, So it's funny like when you're a junior senior at Syracuse, a lot of the alumni, you know, maybe either like in the TV film program, alumni will go to LA or go to New York and there's like a at the time, it feels like it feels like what like Reddit is. It's like a forum, but just for Syracuse University. And kids would be like, hey, I live in LA. I just graduated last year. I have an open couch if anybody wants to, you know, crash my couch for two months, no problem. Like alumni helped each other out. So when I graduated from Syracuse, I moved to LA like a week and a half after graduation, one bag. I brought an acoustic guitar, like a total loser car.
Speaker 3: Like, dude, carl out of everything that you might need to go across the damn world, you brought a fucking guitar.
Speaker 1: Acoustic guitar that I like could barely play, like you know, Oasis, Wonderwall. You know, I had a dream and I wanted to I wanted to work in the TV, the TV world.
Speaker 3: That's actually hilarious. Wait, when what year did you start Summerhouse?
Speaker 1: First season of Summerhouse started filming June twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: This is ten years.
Speaker 1: Ago, dude, two years.
Speaker 2: I was a sophomore in college.
Speaker 1: I was I had just gotten back from a visa on a six day bachelor party, barely slept, and Kyle and I drove out to the Hampton. So we had no idea what the hell was happening. I know, we were already we were already doing this kind of thing with friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'll never forget when I first moved to New York in twenty thirty. So I'd been in LA for quite a while and then I came to New York and I went to dinner with some friends and they're like, hey, what are you doing this summer. I'm like, I don't know, you know, hanging out in New York City And they're like, no, come out to the Hamptons. And what I had learned, you know, that's twenty somethings, thirty somethings, finance, fashion, tech, whatever it is. They were like renting a house on the weekend with like a big group of friends. So I joined a house in twenty fourteen and twenty fifteen. Wow, and I did what we kind of do. I met Kyle. I'll never forget the first time met Kyle last. I don't know I've ever told you this. Oh lord, it's a true story. I was at surf Lodge. Now, I was the guy back in the day. I'd get the massive bottle of rose like yeah, like it was always taller than like a five foot person.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: And I had this bottle at the table and it was like my like chumming the water fishing. It was like a luring in all the cute girls and whatever. Of course it was embarrassing. I'm not saying this is cool.
Speaker 2: No, it's cool, it's fine. No one literally, no one's judging you. No one is judging.
Speaker 1: So have this big bottle and it was one of those things it reminded me of, like it was just like I was like trying to hold cork and overwalks Kyle Cook and he's like, I think he this is what he said, but this is kind of my memory. And he's like, sick bottle dude, Okay, I get some, and I'm like what I said. I had this thing where the bottle was so big and heavy that like I could pick it up with one hand and like pour it. It wasn't easy, but it was like a douchebag move, like can you like pour it with one hand? So I got a Kyle, I go, you can have something if you can pour it with one hand. He grabs it and he like couldn't do it. So how it's done. And then I we partied, we hung out, and then I swear like a couple of days later, I was at Equinox in Soho where I lived in New York, and I was at the gym at like seven thirty in the morning and I look over and here's this blonde kid that looked like the dude from Surflage and he's at the bench press, like ripping weights and getting after one. It's two plates, bro, two plates, And I literally was yo, what's up, dude, and he was like yo, And we got each other's numbers and just became friends from there. But the honest to god truth, I was at my dentist's office a year later. I didn't know anything about a TV show. Nothing I was getting. I worked in sales, the west sales guy thing. I was like a really good sales rep. I worked for a medical dental company. I'd sold braces and wires and orthonics. I lived here in New York City. I worked New Jersey and all that. So one of our one of my dentists, who was a friend of Kyle's also, he would give me cleanings and I'd go in and pitch him new products. I went into his office in May of twenty sixteen. I get in the chair, I lay back, and he's like, Yo, your boys are going to be on some Bravo show. And I go what And he's like, yeah, Kyle and Everett are going to be on some Hampton's reality show. And in the chair, I stall the email. I lay back and I wrote Kyle and Everett an email, Hey boys, I'm a Lane. Lane was a dentist and at Lane's office. What's this show about? Yeah, Kyle emailed right back and said, it's funny you asked we're looking for another guy, say less. I called Kyle after that and he's like, yeah, me and him knew each other, we were friends, but it wasn't like, you know, I didn't know what was going on. And he's like, yeah, we're we look, we had some guy back out. We're looking for one more dude to complete our house. I know you're a lot of fun and seem like a good guy. Like what do you think? And I'm like, okay, fuck it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: Isn't it crazy the chain of events that just like because you went to surflage that one day and Kyle came up to you that one day and then you were eating out like it all leads to like, I mean, same with when I met fucking Lindsay, Like it's just like so random.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget She came home from the bar that night, I'll never forget it. She was like I met the coolest guy ever, and like you we're going to do a podcast together. And she had like this napkin of like a contract. Hey, you guys had drawn up some like arrangement on a piece of paper.
Speaker 4: We laughed about this the other day, Sophie, I don't know if you know this. The night I met Lindsay, I like told her because I was a Bleacher Report or whatever, and then it's just the most Lindsy thing ever. She was like, you know what would be like a good podcast, like a girl and a guy talking about sports, be like inclusive bla blah blah blah blah. And I was like, honestly, yeah, good idea whatever. And then we kept drinking and she was like, you can't steal my fucking idea and take it.
Speaker 2: To Bleacher Report tomorrow. And I was like, I was like, no, I would never.
Speaker 4: So she got a bar napkin, pulled it out and like sharp eat a contract on a bar napkin, and then made me sign it.
Speaker 2: So funny and then we joke.
Speaker 4: We talked about it again the other day and she was like, boy, I guess you broke your fucking contract.
Speaker 2: You have a podcast girl up out here we are Michael, I know my bad. All right, y'all sign for a new segment powered by Captain Morgan.
Speaker 3: We're calling it Captain's calls where you send your should I or shouldn't I dilemmas, your hot takes, your unpopular opinions.
Speaker 2: The messy ones, the bold ones that I might regret this later one.
Speaker 3: If you need some advice or how to get it right, We're giving you the captain's call.
Speaker 4: So if you've got a life decision, a risky text, a group chat, controversy, she or take your scared to post.
Speaker 2: Send it in baby. Let the captains decide what you talked about it.
Speaker 3: And I want to I want to know because I didn't realize how in depth your relationship with Kyle really was or is is it like so weird to look back on the last like two years because I think a lot of people because I'm not in the reality TV world, and so I've asked Wes this multiple times.
Speaker 2: It's like, are these relationships like real relationships?
Speaker 3: Like when you are on a show, is like, oh, you have to be because you're part of the show, or like do you genuinely kind of start liking your castmates? And I feel like Kyle's one that you guys have been through so much with and so like just like the first three episodes of this season, I just feel like you have just grown and matured so much, like every aspect of your life, and like now I feel like you're looking at Kyle like, hey, like you can get out of this and you can have you can blossom too. But I feel like you're in a tough spot of like him needing to realize it himself, but also you kind of being his mentor because you've been through it.
Speaker 1: Very solid perspective. I yeah, I mean it's interesting that Kyle's been through a lot with me on the other side. You know, before I was getting sober, Kyle had to deal with a lot of eye ups and downs. You know, I'd show up the work pretty screwed up from the night before. I infamously showed up the work forgetting my laptop. So you can put up with a lot over the years with me, and you know, we're best friends. I love the guy to death, but I definitely you know, it's been hard seeing, you know, some of these challenges that he's gone through. But I will say, like we both like when I'm having a tough time, he's there for me. When you have a tough time on there for him. But I try not to be you know, just stand back and like be a helpful person. But I've tried to voice some things that I feel like are important. But we're very different people. And what's the psycho fitness guy that I love to death? Like it's it's gotten less of that, and I'm trying to push him back into more yeahness and wellness because I think that will unlock some things for him as well.
Speaker 4: Yep, do you obviously you're like I think you're a hyper self aware person, especially now that.
Speaker 1: Just too much to my own phone, probably I know.
Speaker 2: But do you like how much do you tiptoe?
Speaker 4: Because I feel like you would worry about having kind of like the god complex now of being the sober person dealing with you know, like our dumb drunk cry baby moments and stuff. I think you do a great job of like sharing your story without being condescending towards other people. But kind of what Sophie brought up about now, it's kind of like your time to give Kyle that like brotherly advice. How do you navigate like not coming off pretentious in the like sobriety like lens.
Speaker 1: You know, it's amazing. I'm glad you asked that, West because I think that's something I'm very conscious of. I think when I first got sober, I mean even you could ask Lendsey probably like I would look at people early on when I got sober, like, oh, you're just strong. Like I had to tie in mighty, like I was better than you kind of a little bit. And it's it's not a great thing to be in early sobriety, like you don't have it all figured out. I had to muffle myself a little bit and kind of step back and go, listen, whatever is it, Like whatever works best for them, that's okay. You know, not everybody's an alcoholic, not everybody's a drug addict. You don't need to insert your own story into every little thing. So I've just tried to step back. You know. I have some friends that, of course, like, deep down in my body, am I like should I say something?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But I don't. I try to step back and just be a support, be a friend, and I try not to make a lot of our conversation all about sobriety. And it's one of the most important things in my life. But I want to be just a regular guy too, And sometimes I love my sober community. Sometimes when you're newly sober. It's like all you talk about.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I also want to say, though, I don't think that I think the amount of people that I know because they know I do this with Wes, that they bring you up and they're like, you know, it's really cool to see someone who is sober on the show. Like, I think you're not giving yourself enough credit because I think that you've given a lot of people inspiration who are in their late twenties early thirties, well like whatever it is to like be sober and totally be like so okay with that and like stand in full confidence to do that. So I think you need to give yourself more credit about the amount of people that you're seriously like inspiring to do that, because I know there's a lot of people who want to but they're like, oh I might not fit in, or like how am I going to go socializer? And it's like no, Carl is like the prime example, and like, I think you give a lot of people hope.
Speaker 2: So I think you need to give yourself a little bit more credit now.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. It's something I'm working on, is receiving of compliments and praise.
Speaker 2: I think we're all bad at that in some.
Speaker 1: Way, you know what I mean. Well, I think, you know, I'm very I feel it's not lost on me the impact that having you know me and this experience and kind of being honest about my ups and downs. Yeah, and I think it's more relatable to have a group of friends that, Okay, one of the people in the group doesn't drink anymore, doesn't party like that, but he's still is social, still like to have fun. Ye. And I'm proud that I get to kind of showcase a little bit of that experience to the audience for sure, you know. And I think also I will I'm not going to speak for Kyle or Lindsay or Amanda who did spend a lot of time with me under the influence. I was a nightmare. It was a fucking pain in the ass. I was an asshole. I was rude, I was a dick. I was I was just like I was chaoic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think if anything, the way, it's well's I told my close friends, they were like, thank god, yeah kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think people love you.
Speaker 3: You don't need that stuff, you know what I mean, Some people, actually, I don't know if anyone needs it.
Speaker 2: But like some people feel like that's the whole identity.
Speaker 1: I thought it gave me this kind of like confidence and yeah who I thought I wanted to be. But as a result, it actually was the opposite. And I've learned it. I've learned to kind of fall back into like, no, this is just me. If you don't like me for this, then okay, no worries.
Speaker 2: You don't like me, then fuck you. It's your problem, not mine.
Speaker 5: Story. Yeah, we've talked about it. One story Carl that really like it didn't like change how I kind of thought about everything. But two summers ago and Sophie, this didn't. I don't think it made the show. But basically, the girls stole.
Speaker 4: Our costumes for like a costume party and do you say costume?
Speaker 2: Weird costume? Cost costume?
Speaker 4: Well anyway, costume, no age And okay, so they steal our costumes, we can't find them anywhere, and Carl is like tweaking out, like like he's where the fuck is my fucking costume?
Speaker 2: Fuck, everyone like losing it. And I was kind of like Carl, Carl, you good, Like we'll find them later.
Speaker 4: And Carl, to your credit, you took a breath, and you're like, as someone who is no longer drinking a part of these parties, I feel included with my outfits, with planning the party, with all of this, and that was such a big moment for me to click. Like, even without necessarily like drinking, there's still a zillion different other ways to like feel included and being be a part of things that are drinking centric, but they're not specifically like drinking activities. And when you when you told me that, you're like, this is what I this is how I like have fun and feel a part of everything and feel a part of the group. I kind of in that moment switched being like, yeah, fuck you girls, give them. Then you crashed out.
Speaker 1: Now you nailed it. I think I was just gonna say I wish they showed that moment because I I melted down, Sophie. I bought five four costumes thatching I'll explain. I bought four costumes for Kyle, Jesse West and myself. They were kind of douicy, fun American flag July fourth already outfits. I put them in the room, I go run samarants and setting up I come back. They're gone now I have nothing else to wear other than a hot dump, and I don't want to wear the hot dog, but I like tore up the house. Everybody lied to my face. Sierra specifically was like I don't have the and I was like, I know you're lying to me. I don't like you anymore. Because long story short to west point, there is something like some of my sober friends. I have a friend who says this very well. He's like Carl, just because I'm sober, it doesn't mean I don't want to go out or stop getting dressed up. Yeah, and getting dressed up is another element of like that feeling of you're a part of it, you're participating, you're social, you're having fun. And for me, dressing up also like I can act and play it, like acting almost as like a character and being sillier, goofy or whatever it is to dressing up, especially our theme parties. I love it because it gives me like another of just something fun to do and yeah, out of participant.
Speaker 3: So dude, you guys go balls to the walls with your outfits like.
Speaker 1: Miracle Well Wes is also gone balls ball with themes. You've got a great theme to start the summer at the country fair. You know he's he love his missourius to the to the table.
Speaker 2: What do you love? Guys?
Speaker 3: Now that we're talking about this, I have got to know everyone wants to know how you made out with Bailey?
Speaker 1: How or what not?
Speaker 2: How? But like how did it come about? Like that is so good? We can't ask that question, Sophie, Yes I can.
Speaker 3: I can ask whatever the hell I want to ask it, so if he wants to answer or not. And here's my thing is, like we have just known you, Carl for like just being like the data of the house. You're always the one who's like up running a million miles in the morning, getting everyone in bagels, like doing it, yeah, the bagels. But then we also know you as of course you and Lindsay had your little thing, so you've always like kind of been in some type of relationship.
Speaker 2: But like this is like fun, Carl.
Speaker 3: The summer is like so far fun Carl, Like you just give two fucks and I love to see it. Like so far you and Amanda this year are like fuck it, this is who we are and I absolutely love it.
Speaker 2: But like I want to know more about the Bailey sitch. That's so fun.
Speaker 1: No, we I mean it's funny watching back the first few episodes where she, you know, she's kind of crushing out Ben the Australian, which I think we're all crushing on Ben same, I mean west than I am. Ben. Ben's Ben's a fucking stunt and he he's like he's a great addition to the group and such good energy. But how did the girls kind of crush on him? Was actually kind of new new experience where like there's this other guy in the house. Everybody's like, oh wait.
Speaker 2: Jell us, were you guys like wait a second, be honest, No, I'm dealing.
Speaker 4: I've just in my I've been in my own head for two years. He's he can't have fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ben, I think was the perfect person for that. He's he wasn't like I don't know, He's just a good dude. And the way he handled a lot of that attention I thought was a very He's like shoy, he's like very shot, Like he gets uncomfortable when girls are like you're so hot, he like gets red and.
Speaker 3: Well he said that he grew up like in a very religious, religious, religious family, so they never really talked about.
Speaker 2: Any of that type of stuff.
Speaker 3: So I think that that helps a little bit of like not speaking of not being able to take a compliment.
Speaker 2: Ben, I can't compliment getting fat.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Bailey and I, you know, you'll see how the season plays out. I think it was a slower burn to get to that point. But I think Bailey's a lot of fun. I mean, I love her over sharing and like all the information I'm talking about, it's like it's sweet, Like she's been through some brutal dating stuff, and I give her that first dinner where she opened up about sweet green.
Speaker 2: She got a fucking did you see you got a sweet green? I saw it. But at least Carl's more like has empathetic what is that word? Empathy?
Speaker 1: Empathy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you're over there going back to Jess, like two girls crying on the first dinner losers.
Speaker 1: Well, I was like, I was just like, oh, yeah, I'm with West though, like that was you know, it's unusual at the first dinner for someone to kind of go to that level of emotion, and I think, yeah, it was funny as hell. Looking back, I think I did tell Bailey though, I go, you're gonna get a speaker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the shot of Carl is him doing the fake puppy dog poutlet where he's.
Speaker 3: Like, guys, I want to start house and I'm just gonna have complete crash out, crying the whole time, emptying my whole story, and see how you guys handle it.
Speaker 1: I will, Oh, guys, that is so not like me.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 5: I remember if you if when you guys play the Liberty if Carl, I can get court side.
Speaker 2: Courtside Liberty Fever tickets in You're you got a room at the house? Hey, what else are we supposed to be talking about here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, reality, Bailey Bailey, the maakeout was definitely hot. Then I will say it was a great It was good. It was hot.
Speaker 3: I can co sign that it make it would as something. Is it weird like being in the house, like when everyone's there and you guys just do stuff like that?
Speaker 1: Is it just like like I mean, we're real friends, like we we I think we just loved having a good time. And I think the more we realize like the silly like we almost kind of egg each other on with like silly vibes or joking or being kind of ridiculous. And I think the more we spend a lot of time on camera that are off camera that you guys don't see. So we do bond. I mean even Kyle and I and lindsay like the car rides, like you don't see all the car rides, but we really hang out three hours in the car, So like there's just a lot we feel like, I know, we're kind of oh, we're all we're all here to make a great show. Like let's be ridiculous and weird and put it all out there.
Speaker 4: The other thing, though, that I've always said, is like unlike other reality TV shows where the film scenes where it's like here's dinner, make stuff happen, and then you won't see each other and you won't film until like two days lunch, like we are the second we walk in the house. It's full like fifty hours of filming NonStop. And after you've done it once and you realize, like everything I said here, like this funny moment or whatever, also don't make it. You're not like trying to be performative because nothing you want to, like nothing you plan, will be on the show, and everything you don't plan will be on it. So like it's just a very uh, you have to just kind of let your guard down and just hang out, because otherwise you'd be exhausted.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 3: I do have a question though, and this is kind of for both of you, Carl, this is off the walls to just hang tight.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys, do you guys kind of miss like Lindsay being on the show. I mean she jumps back the episode this week?
Speaker 3: Well, I know because I know she like last week, they're like, oh, she doesn't have what's the baby's name, Jema? Yeah, Jimmy, she didn't have jim us, so she's gonna come and hang out. But like, do you kind of miss her like energy and just like being friends with her? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Girl, absolutely, and you'll see on this season. I think I kind of have to face that feeling a lot more than I think I realized. You know, we were very close friends, best friends for four years before we started dating, and once we you know, we've been in a relationship for less than two years all in all, and not try to minimize that, but like since we've been broken up and been kind of living our own lives. Like, of course, like I miss my friendship with her, I miss some of the inside jokes. I love seeing her get along with the others, and like her friendships with the girls have been strong. She bonds really well with West and Kyle, and of course I like see those and kind of wish I had more of that. But I think you'll see on this season the inside of me. I'm like, I wish I want I want to be closer to her in some way and be friendly, but don't want to be disrespectful. And there's still some closure. I think that needed to happen. Yep, and you'll see kind of at the end of the summer hurt Lindsay and I do talk, which I think was really powerful.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, tell us about when she brought you your mail.
Speaker 1: So this has been going on for several years now. I'll tell you the beginning of it. Obviously, we were in a relationship, we broke up. I attended a Christmas party maybe five months after we broke up for our company that you know, the production company. We're a party. I showed it to the Christmas party. Everybody writes their name on like hello, my name is, puts it on your sweater or your jacket. I put my name on my shirt. I'm hanging out and overwalks one of our producers with a bag and it says, hello, my name is Carl's mail and she's like, this is for you from Lindsay and I'm like okay. And then the next event we went to, I think I might have been the reunion. She came into the green room and the reunion and gave me a little stack of mail. Then again last fall we were somewhere else, but it's been something. We had an apartment together, so she it actually has been really funny because I.
Speaker 2: Think, but the most recent one was like really cute.
Speaker 1: On my birthday, we were all together for a press thing for Serious Radio and I walked into our kind of dressing room and she was there. Everybody was singing me Happy birthday. It was really sweet. She even you know, participated, and then like a thick like here you go, bail.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Wait, Carl, what if this like brings you guys back to like you guys are both thriving. I'm just talking shit, and like the male is what brings you guys back to like getting married?
Speaker 1: That would be an unbelievable Hollywood ending to all of this. I mean, listen, I will say, she looks amazing. She's she looks hot, dude, she looks hot. She looks great. And I Kyle and I think even wester n Jesse might have caught me looking at her this past summer, maybe once or twice.
Speaker 3: But I mean that, but both of you guys really are I feel like you guys are just like really healthy in every aspect or trying to be healthy, and just like mentally, physically, emotionally, you guys are just really thriving.
Speaker 2: And that's like good to see. I know that she probably loves seeing you like that too, so like it looks really good on Lindsay for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She I mean, I I know her very very well and to see her she's just lighter and happier, and you know, just seeing her thrive, it just makes me happy deep down. But for me, like you know, I we'll see how the friendship can unfold more. I mean, we're cordial at Bravo Con and she, you know, was very sweet. We had a really fun The group of Bravo Con was awesome, Like we had a really good group. We were laughing at some of the same inside jokes. She even had some things to say to me personally. We just talked for a few minutes. So you know, my goal is at the reunion she unblocks me from Instagram.
Speaker 7: You're you're still blocked speaking into existence, manifest block.
Speaker 1: Which I understand totally. It's up to her. But I was just a manifesting maybe at the reunion and you'll take his finger and Lindsay's finger and go on.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I'm just an idea, But now I I wish I don't think people fully understand the bond, like the core group of us really have, and those inside jokes and those and this summer that you're watching in like the episode tonight, like there's little moments of like me and Lindsay laughing at the same thing, or Kyle me and Lindsay laughing at the same thing. That makes me so happy.
Speaker 2: Because it felt like that close to kissing it all.
Speaker 1: Now. But you'll, I mean, there was a pretty large fight that occurred and she Lindsay came in to actually calm me down, and it kind of worked.
Speaker 4: For some reason, I figured actually that that would be the best a voice of reason for you and like a super hot moment. Honestly, I just think there's so so many full circle things that happened when you do something like this and like that's one of them, I know.
Speaker 3: But the reason I asked those because like you and Sierra, there's like some dirty, little like cute moments that you guys both talk about, So I want to ask him with lindsay you and I want to engage though or together for that long.
Speaker 1: Yeah. True. Now I know some people deep down and are speculating like, oh, you guys are in much better place than that. Yeah, one step at a time. I'm just trying to get back from unblocked. And I will say, yeah, it's been really like the friendliness of it all is amazing. We have so many mutual friends really could like we have a core group of people that there was some awkwardness obviously for a period of time, and I tried my best to be respectful and kind of allow just some space and some healing to it. But it for me, it feels good to kind of feel like I'm maybe welcome back in the group a little bit with some of the friends. But that took some time, so I'm just glad to be where we are now. For a while it wasn't so great, but well, even like Wes, we did that panel for ninety two and hy and Lina I were making cracks back and forth between each other that night, which felt so it was like the highlight of the night for me, like and kind of like when Sierra's nice the West West.
Speaker 2: It's like I was going to say, get it. I don't know exactly what I mean. Yeah, so, oh good stuff.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say. Well, I was saying that to Sophie being sober in the house, just like something that I think is important for maybe or listeners to know, you know, Like I feel very lucky that I get to still do the show. There's certainly moments where I get it, Like looking outside, you're like, wait, this guy doesn't drink. How can he do that? But I was such a terror and a pain in the ass, Like the only way I can be a part of the show is by not drinking. Yeah, and I'm present, I'm balanced, But of course, like I think the show itself, we have stupid shit that happens. People get in the fights because of alcohol. But I can still be a pick and still be a jerk or still be human without alcohol. And I think people will see those moments too where it's like yeah, like you'll get drama out of me. But it's just much healthier.
Speaker 4: I would like to say, though, Carl, your sobriety is much bigger than just summer House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally significantly bigger, much cooler, and yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just I take a lot of pride in being a part of this awesome show. And like I mean, Wes, you've been in a massive, massive addition to what we get to do, and I feel like you've brought a new energy to what we get to do and for me to still be a part of the season ten the way it is now, like it's unreal that we've made it this far. I mean, my dad jokes around, we've been on TV longer than Friends and Signs, which is saying crazy, that's most shows don't Most reality shows don't make it past one season. Ninety nine percent of the reality shows don't make it to a second season. And we're still kicking around. So I just feel so lucky to be able to get to do it. Sure, and I a little bit more boring And.
Speaker 3: Dude, you're literally not boring like saying you saying that, like I'm still add You're dude, You're human, like everyone is that way, Like you're still human.
Speaker 2: You're no one's perfect, so who cares?
Speaker 1: Well? I read too many comments and I've been absorbing all of the nonsense. I'm the guy that I could make a hundred people smile and be the happiest. Ever, it's the one guy goes it wasn't that great, And I would just lose sleep all night for the one guy, for the one girl.
Speaker 2: You know you need to learn how to not care so much.
Speaker 3: I'm you tricks Vie, I I just don't get I work with the sports side guy, and that has.
Speaker 2: Been literally a night and day difference for me.
Speaker 3: And I promise you that I've always had like a confidence about me that like I'm going to beat my own drum, like I know my end goal, I know who I want to be and so.
Speaker 2: But I think that a lot of people can.
Speaker 3: Get in their heads, like you can question if you're doing things the right way, what your character is all that. But I've truly mastered I think the past, not mastered, but pretty damn close the past, like two or three years of like this is my word, and forgive me for not for I mean, little kids can't say this, but like fuck it, like who gives fuck? Like I literally do not care, like people are gonna love me or hate me regardless of what I do. So why would I not just do not do what I want? Like I don't want it to sound like this, but I just don't care what other people think of me.
Speaker 2: And I just it's so freeing is so fatul or is it a learned? Is that a learned?
Speaker 3: I think I think there's a little bit of natural, but like I had to relearn how to not care so much because I'm someone who is a very like passionate, fiery I love people, I care about people, but I have just really mastered the art of like I really I don't give a fuck, and like when I am that way, I am my best self.
Speaker 2: And so I don't know, it's there's so much I just like.
Speaker 1: I have like a thirty second message that plays in the morning from Sophie, Hey, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't give a fuck. I promise you. It is so bring and you just you see, just it just is so much lighter.
Speaker 3: Things just open up when you literally don't care because honestly, these people don't know you, the people commenting, the people who are praising you, and like shitting on you.
Speaker 2: They don't know really anything about you.
Speaker 3: They know you guys as like Summerhouse, Carl, summer House West, like they don't truly know you.
Speaker 1: So like I totally and I part of I think what it's it's had me or it's allowed me to like I had to be honest, like I'm a people pleaser, which is why I feel this way. And yeah, you know, I've had to do a lot of therapy and work on that. I'm getting better, but you know, I've after like going through a pretty public, difficult breakup, there was something that kind of within me, like I felt like for a long like literally everybody hated me. Yeah, and you know there was I've had to do a lot of healing and work on that, but you know, I had a it was a pretty rough public thing that went on and it took me probably a good year to like finally heal and feel like myself, which is what you're watching on the current season, like in the mix and like I finally felt like myself. I get Yeah, but yeah, I need to bottle up some of that. Sophie Cunningham, h fuck you energy, because I.
Speaker 3: Think you also, like both of you guys, and like everyone who is in reality or just like in a platform in the public eye in general, do you have to remember like that life is not normal, like other people go through everything that we go through, but it's just not highlighted. And like every little thing, Like if everyone's life was highlighted, everyone would be getting so much shit, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean? So like who cares?
Speaker 3: Like people love you guys, but you know you're gonna get shipped for it too, So just man, who cares it? We need Sophie on summer else, No, you don't.
Speaker 1: I love that season season five we had a basketball hoop and I we crushed Pig and Horse. I played. We had a good time out there.
Speaker 2: I love that I had a cool basketball hoop This year, I'm waiting for.
Speaker 1: That that episode. Oh, we had an epic.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm hoping to get make it one weekend when we play in New Yorker if I haven't off to like, come up and hang out.
Speaker 2: It'd be so fun.
Speaker 1: I think you gotta come. Yeah, we would love love to see you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'd be good. Hey, Carl, I love you so much. Thanks for having for the audio difficulties in the beginning.
Speaker 1: Now, thanks for putting on to me. I'm a huge fan of you guys. I Wes told me you guys doing that. I've been a big support. I hope you guys see I like a lot of your show me posts and things. I'm a big fan of what you guys are doing. Thanks. I think Wess is incredibly talented and he is a shining a shining light.
Speaker 2: And oh guys, you are too. Sometimes sometimes no, I think you're You're awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm a huge fan, so I appreciate your support.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to be in real life and I'll show you my yeah skilled, there you go. I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: U show me something. Podcasts Episode thirty four with Karl Radkey the best.
Speaker 2: Guy to ever live. Carl, We're so thankful, love you, Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: I love you guys.
Speaker 2: Go Carl. Oh and brought to you by Arby's.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we love If you are hungry, hungry right now, this one's for you. Rby's just drop something new and I'm not gonna lie. It's kind of wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The Meet and three Bucks is going for seven ninety nine, So tell them what they're working with. All right, So you start by picking your sandwich. You either get a classic gross beef, a Chris chicken or the new Crispy fish. Honestly, no bad choice here.
Speaker 2: And then they keep it coming.
Speaker 4: You've got the curly fries, the mozzirella sticks, and the peach cobbler role.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that those are Mike quietly steal the whole show.
Speaker 4: And yeah there's a drink in there too, it's called the Meat and three. But you're really getting an all star starting five.
Speaker 3: Five things for seven ninety nine, and it's all the Arby's classics you already love.
Speaker 4: That's tough to be so, whether it's lunch, dinner or you just need something solid that actually satisfies, they'll Meat.
Speaker 2: And three bops is an easy bold baby.
Speaker 4: Well, my hog ger all the week was I think you just missed her so but and keV correct me if I'm wrong. It was Miranda, the waitress at Cooks and Soldiers. It's called she was poorning big old pores knew the menu new geography was so nice.
Speaker 2: I like the whole dinner.
Speaker 1: It was me, keV.
Speaker 4: Some of the Arby's teams, some of the Volume team Hampton and the whole time we couldn't stop talking about how incredible the service was. And I know my tone sounds satirical, but I'm like fully not. It was like such a lovely, lovely dinner. And she she was phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Did you get her number? No, I wasn't even I wasn't even trying to. I wasn't even trying to go for that.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, did she part with one hand?
Speaker 4: One hand like a Marianda deserves howker leak because she's incredible and she was so nice.
Speaker 2: Oh and she brought us a little we took. She brought us a little complimentary shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Queen, I like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, my hot girl the week is actually an animal for the first time ever.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna say who I think an animal? Well? I thought you were gonna say the monkey who hugged punched. No, I should have, but I'm it's my dead horse. Oh fucking guys, I know that's curious. It is serious, So I know guys are the worst.
Speaker 3: It's funny because she was a funny, good, lighthearted, beautiful horse. But my my very first horse. Her name was be She was almost thirty six years old. She actually passed away this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is going on? Oh for one out work?
Speaker 3: No, she was seriously, I'll send you a picture of her because she was beautiful and I'm not kidding. She was like the best horse you could throw anyone on her. All of our friends and family met her. I've had her since I was like born, like I'm twenty nine. We've had her since I mean she was thirty six years old. So I want to shout out our beautiful baby.
Speaker 2: So well, love yeah, sinning love to Paula.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, mom is really you know, kind of been out of shape, out of it, but she she lived a great life.
Speaker 2: You know, she was a happy horse. So yeah, yeah it was her time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, putting a horse down sad man, because they're like, well, I don't mean, I don't want to get into that. I was just gonna say they're big, they're standing up. It's just it's really sad, and they're so pretty. It's like it's like putting down like a supermodel.
Speaker 2: It's just weird.
Speaker 3: But honestly, on a real note, a lot of things that you don't think about. It's like horses are massive and like you have to dig some big assholes. Like and then you have to lift forecasta or forklifts.
Speaker 2: My dad uses a forklift.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a forklift to like grab him or grab her and then like carry like it's just a whole process.
Speaker 2: So it is actually like kind of sad, you know, No it is. Yeah, yeah, she was good. We love her. No, not to end on that, no, guys, but uh, you know what, while I'm here, shout out Nascar.
Speaker 4: Also RB's in Nascar, and our boys, Carson Garson, turn me up, Carson Messia.
Speaker 2: Miss Yea, See you next time
Speaker 1: Time