Speaker 1: Per this's media podcast. Welcome to Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer Newhart and today we're joined by Yannie Brody, Randall, Seth, Alissa, Tressa, Anthony and Max. This is a ten round quiz show with meat Eaters four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners. Choosing and for the stat of the week this week, we're looking at the odds of a game of Meat Eater Trivia going to double overtime. In one hundred and twenty eight shows, we've had one game go to double overtime, which happened just a few episodes ago. That means the odds of that happening in any given game are just zero point eight percent. Those odds are similar to the odds that sports books have play place on the Tennessee Titans or Washington Commanders winning the Super Bowl this year, or it's similar to your chance of drawing a mule deer tag on the Arizona Strip with zero points, or similar to your chances of getting in a car accident for every two thousand miles you drive. So that's all to say, don't expect another double overtime game until the year twenty twenty seven. That episode hasn't come out. Yeah, you guys haven't even heard that.
Speaker 2: Why I've been waiting for to hear the drop.
Speaker 1: Oh it's really special. Yeah, we had a couple episodes ago double overtime. We needed a second tiebreaker to determine the winner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't wait for you to hear it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Here's our Infrequently Asked Question segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the Meat Eater dot com with the subject line IFAQ. Ryan Sorez wants to know you've had questions about zoos and aquariums before, so I thought i'd write in. I work for an Association of Zoos and Aquariums accredited facility, and I'm curious what the crew thinks of zoos. AZA is like the gold standard of zoos and aquariums, and there are many in between levels of zoos that get you to the crummy roadside zoos and personal collections. What does the crew think of zoos answer, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Big zoo guy, Huge zoo guy.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: You can go see large primates, great apes and just sit there and have your mind blown for a bit. I basically love spectacle of all sorts, and you can go to a zoo and see things that blow your mind.
Speaker 1: What's the last dude you were at?
Speaker 5: Uh? It was either.
Speaker 7: Clay and I went to the Oregon Zoo on the live tour and we looked at a mountain goat.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and it inspired him to go kill that.
Speaker 7: Going to a zoo and looking at black bears with Clay Nukem is a real treat, I will say that, but it was a fabulous zoo. I've also recently been to the Phoenix Zoo. That was about a month before that. I'm trying to think.
Speaker 4: There was rand No, what's the best do in the country, The Columbus Zoo.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 7: Actually, no, I take that back. I've been to the Cincinnati Zoo most recently. I went there in June, and that is a phenomenal zoo.
Speaker 4: Not as good as Columbus.
Speaker 3: It's the craziest thing you've seen in the zoo.
Speaker 7: I mean at the Cincinnati Zoo, it was pretty surreal to go see where the whole Harambe thing went.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, think of that? Is there anything that memorializes them when you're there. I'm surprised that they like draw any amount of attention to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're those that don't know what's the Harambe thing.
Speaker 7: Harambe was a gorilla that a child fell into the enclosure and Harambe got shot somewhat unceremoniously.
Speaker 5: In front of.
Speaker 4: Grab the kid by the ankle.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but the Cincinnati Zoo is like a phenomenal gorilla program. In fact, when I was a small child, you could adopt one of the animals at the zoo, and I adopted a gorilla baby.
Speaker 5: It was female. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: You brought.
Speaker 5: Just like dollars.
Speaker 7: They're like this some some fruits.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It wasn't it wasn't female.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you boys went to it's been a while.
Speaker 6: I just had a nice aquarium, but it's been a while to zoo.
Speaker 1: Which aquarium?
Speaker 6: Uh, it was in Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Yanni, we went to some I don't know if it was a zoo. It was in Denver and they had Denver Zoo.
Speaker 1: There's also the Denver Aquarium.
Speaker 6: You know what else?
Speaker 4: We went to.
Speaker 8: Potential chat all kinds of snakes and alligators and that place was cool too.
Speaker 4: I actually think it was like a terrarium, but they just happened to have some cats also, Does that sound like something that they might do.
Speaker 1: The Denver Aquarium is a little weird. They have like a restaurant in there you can eat at, you can meet the animals if you like. But then they also had the Denver Zoo, which is just your tradition.
Speaker 4: Does the aquarium ever had terrestrials?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think I think they have some on the Yelp reviews talk about how sad like the tigers in there are.
Speaker 4: Oh well, that's exactly where we were. That's these tastes that's stuck in my mouth. Regarding zoos, but I do have the I read an article in the New Yorker once about I think it was in Denmark. There was a giraffe. There were too many giraffes and zoos, and the word got out that this draft was just gonna get put down and be used in a class for like autopsy purposes, and all these Californians and I don't know probably on both coasts of this great country of ours. They are trying to raise all they had millions of dollars raised to save this giraft from going through that you know, and its life and being dissected basically, and that zoo over in Denmark was like, no, it is it's more important for us to use this for science, to produce more vets, more zoologists, more whatever. Then then do you say, oh, you saved one draft and now it has to live in some cage somewhere, you know. And uh so a lot of props to that zoo.
Speaker 6: They're living in a cage or not.
Speaker 4: Like zoos do.
Speaker 6: A lot of conservation, a very important place for like endangered animals.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, And I will say, like on a serious note, it's crazy going to a zoo, Like when you walk up on an elk that you shot and you're like looking at the muscles and how it all goes. You go to a zoo and you look at some animal that you're not familiar with and just look at the musculature.
Speaker 5: And look at just how big they are.
Speaker 4: It gets me.
Speaker 1: Going, yeah, yeah, I love zoo specifically just to like kids have a place to go look at cool animals. I don't know if i'd be working here if I like wasn't inspired by zoos and aquariums. When I was a kid, I remember we went to a zoo in elementary school, a zoo falls zoo, and then we had to write about our favorite animal afterwards. My favorite animal wasn't part of the zoo. It was walking away for the bridge. There was a creek and there were carp down there that were spawning, and that was my favorite animal that I wrote about. And the teacher wasn't very understanding.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, it sounds like you didn't fulfill the assignment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we are, and we have some housekeeping to get to. In a previous episode of Trivia, we had a question about the kayak maker, who's named after the city in Maine where they're made. He answered really old Town, which made some players and listeners mad. The first thing they were upset about was that I said kayak maker instead of canoe maker. Those folks argued that since their name is Old Town Canoes, it was a true question, but that's not their name. Their official name is just old Town. Further, their website url is Oldtownwatercraft dot com. And the first thing in their navigation menu is kayaks and their second thing is canoes. Also, they have fifty two different kayaks that they sell on their website, compared to just twelve canoes. And finally, of their six best selling watercrafts, five of them them are kayaks.
Speaker 8: Spencer, Yeah, come on, you were using a little slight hand there.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: The other problem people had was that I said the brand was named after a city instead of a town. Old Town's population is seven five hundred people, which by most definitions makes them a city. But admittedly I was on the fence when I was writing this question, but elected to go with the word city instead of town after going to Old Town's official website. On their website, in giant seventy two point font at the top of the page, it says city of Old Town, Maine. Also, their first drop down menu items says our city, and in about a dozen other places on Old Town's website navigation they refer to themselves as a city. So, in summary, they sell more kayaks than canoes and are a city. So suck that Mark Kenyon, whom.
Speaker 3: Now we know them Kendrick and Drake.
Speaker 1: Right there, there's still a new listen if they're not, they sell more kayaks this year.
Speaker 4: But you didn't give us any stats from nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Well it's twenty twenty four, Yoanni, Now the shelby and extra today is.
Speaker 4: Winner?
Speaker 1: Should get eight correct answers.
Speaker 4: On to the game of trivia.
Speaker 1: Play the draft pills.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 6: You got a warm up?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 1: I stand to win everything. I'm saying, just tend to win everything. Game on Suckers Max playing the remix over there with some extra extra bass. Question one. The topic is wildlife. Of these states which had the fewest shark attacks between twenty thirteen and twenty twenty two. Is it Mississippi, New York, Massachusetts or Georgia?
Speaker 5: Oh, I should know this?
Speaker 1: Why should you know?
Speaker 4: Just kidding?
Speaker 1: Of these states which had the fewest shark attacks between twenty thirteen and twenty twenty two, Mississippi, New York, Massachusetts or Georgia. Seth the quickest to answer. Seth, you just uh. You got an educated guess or an uneducated guess over here.
Speaker 3: No, I just picked the thing that made the most sense in my brain, which oftentimes doesn't make sense for the rest of the world.
Speaker 1: So which state had the fewest shark attacks in the ten year span twenty thirteen to twenty twenty two. Mississippi, New York, Massachusetts, Georgia. Is everybody ready, Brody, no.
Speaker 6: Man, let's chat about this.
Speaker 4: Let's keep it.
Speaker 1: Going, keep it going, waiting on Alyssa.
Speaker 4: And bro just pick one Brody. Yeah.
Speaker 9: If you listen to last week's episode, these are the moments that I cut out of the podcast.
Speaker 1: Before the longer.
Speaker 8: You just get the whole used to let these things go forever, mostly because you were thinking.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you gotta think.
Speaker 1: Alyssa, are you ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth saying New York, Anthony, Mississippi, Max Massachusetts, Randall, New York, Alyssa Massachusetts, Tresa, Georgia, Yanni Mississippi, Brody Mississippi. Everybody picked one of the four.
Speaker 2: Choices, so we got a correct answer.
Speaker 1: We have a correct answer. Room intriguing, it's Mississippi. Get that one right. Three of the eight. New York had the most from that list, ranking sixth in the nation with eleven shark attems. Georgia had five, Massachusetts had three, and Mississippi had one. Other states with a single shark attack in that ten year span where Louisiana, Virginia, Maryland, Rhode Island, and Maine. Question two, the topic is fishing. This next great question is via Sam Wyrick. What three word phrase refers to the fishing motion when you make a top water lure dart side decide to resemble a wounded baitfish? What three word phrase refers to the fishing motion when you make a top water lure dart side decide to resemble a wounded baitfish? Brody and Seth, I think they have this one right rest of the room.
Speaker 6: Not I jumped into my head real quick. Okay, I'm hoping.
Speaker 1: How you feel about your answer?
Speaker 4: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: Okay, Johny Seth Brody accident.
Speaker 3: Max's new father in law is a is a world renowned walle I ged Midwest. So he's got to make him proud here.
Speaker 4: Let's see what he.
Speaker 1: Does, Okay, Maxwell? A lot of pressure, is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? He's a world renowned.
Speaker 1: Seth said that he followed Max's father in law on Instagram before he ever knew the relationship between the two.
Speaker 4: Wow, have you fished with him? And and what does he put you on? Some fish?
Speaker 1: He's as good as they say.
Speaker 2: I think I'm cursed on the lake that he likes to fishing.
Speaker 1: What's what's his lake of choice?
Speaker 4: Can you say?
Speaker 1: Or is that tell he makes a living on it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gall Lake Inla One, Minnesota. So he's got a kick ass pontoon that you can fish lake thirteen out of. So he takes all these like big family bard. Yeah, and it's just it's it's really cool to see.
Speaker 1: He puts Max on the fish, so you know he's good again. Question two, what still get this wrong? Three word phrase refers to the fishing motion when you make a top water lower dark side to side to resemble a wounded baked fish. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: Answers? He did? Did? He literally showed his board to table, So I think I see it. I think he didn't see it.
Speaker 1: I think I think both things are true. Timboard, but.
Speaker 4: Cheat replay show the replay.
Speaker 1: I think you can go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth saying walking the Dog, Anthony, what I'd say, top skater, top the dog, Randall hrkinger Alyssa without an answer, Tresa shuffle a little be honest, Walking the Dog Brodie walking the dog. The correct answer is walking the dog about half of the room.
Speaker 2: That I first had written down.
Speaker 6: I did not from now on the motion this I.
Speaker 2: Twitch and pause down.
Speaker 4: And you're trying to show me.
Speaker 1: Reminder, Randall is over two. Properly walking the dog to proper dog, keep your rod tip low, and then flick your wrists while retrieving the lure. It's a popular fishing technique among bass, musky and tarpen anglers. Here's a video a friend of the show, Brandon Polinic, catching two fish at once while walking the dog during a twenty two Elite Series competition. Played the clip, Phil and we do have a camera with Keith Combs. I'm not sure of his location right now, but it's been a little bit of sketchy service down in pool nine. Think it cool.
Speaker 2: I want to see more action where he caught the fish.
Speaker 8: I got to Spencer, you didn't even show the walking the dog part.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't. I don't have control over bass Master's library videos.
Speaker 3: Right there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was it the same there you go, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's not bad, that's right. No wonder he looks so big caught that walk in the Dog of the.
Speaker 2: Year, Spencer I was musky fishing three four weeks ago, and we were walking the dog for a few hours.
Speaker 1: Did it work?
Speaker 2: No, not that, but I did end up catching one. But on something else. Well, you were doing that three weeks ago and you almost didn't get it four weeks.
Speaker 7: Well, he was calling it something different than until he saw born.
Speaker 1: The question three, The topic is natural history. What is the name of the New York Times bestseller about Lewis and Clark that was written by Stephen Ambrose? Brody and Randall here to know this publishing Melyssa and Seth.
Speaker 6: Joined outside of publishing.
Speaker 1: What is the name of the New York Times bestseller about Lewis and Clark that was written by Stephen Ambrose? You read it on my bookshelf?
Speaker 3: I haven't ready. Yeah, I think it's on my bookshelf.
Speaker 6: Though for your audio booklf.
Speaker 1: Wow, given some Hintsiani here Randall, have you read this?
Speaker 4: Is that a hint? Yes?
Speaker 1: I mean he said it's on your bookshelf.
Speaker 4: No, I said Randall.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: One take the answer and they use it. It seems like what just happened and did not You gotta look back at the cameras I was watching you.
Speaker 6: You were struck you had the piphany.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 6: Side of the.
Speaker 9: Table, and I don't think Max is good enough of an actor to pull that reaction off.
Speaker 4: I think that Leitimate.
Speaker 1: We found out he doesn't like to do dishes here at the office.
Speaker 4: To be clear, this.
Speaker 1: Was a.
Speaker 6: Strated you out in the last round, man, really.
Speaker 1: Conversation about some dishes not being done.
Speaker 2: And so I will admit sometimes when I eat lunch, I leave my dishes on my desk, but I don't. I've never leave them in the scene.
Speaker 6: Well, we'll let you sort it out with those people upstairs.
Speaker 1: Okay, there another name that came up to Max. There were two suspects, and I'll say you were suspect one B.
Speaker 2: There was a shipload of dishes at the beginning of the week. Though in that shake it was horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, them all this morning I gave you.
Speaker 5: That's horrible. It's not right, horrible.
Speaker 4: No dishes, you cheat. I've only got one word, though, give away.
Speaker 1: The best legs for fishing spot burner.
Speaker 4: Max. That's the top round. Max.
Speaker 1: What is the name of the New York Times bestseller about Lewis and Clark that was written by Steven Ambrose, who was in the.
Speaker 4: Last game.
Speaker 1: You maybe maybe it wasn't last game, maybe it was right before you walked in the room.
Speaker 7: Here, I will say this individual actually acknowledged that you do your dishes at the end of the day, and so some might mistake that for not doing your dishes.
Speaker 2: Huh interesting.
Speaker 1: So don't feel We're launching a full investigation, Max, and if you are innocent, your name will be cleared.
Speaker 3: We've got we've got fished the job.
Speaker 2: There is Actually I just had lunch before this, and there is a plate on my desk right now.
Speaker 3: I will say that, Okay, the evidence is the dishes on your desk isn't the problem.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be.
Speaker 3: But if it is, the dishes in the sink.
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready for the best selling Lotis and Clark book, Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set saying undaunting courage, Yeah, Max, Oregon, Trail, Randall, undaunted courage, Alyssa, undaunted courage, Tresa, undaunted Curridge, The Honest Journey Brody undaunted courage. The correct answer is undaunted courage. Some sorry, Seth, I don't think we're going you should give it to.
Speaker 4: It to the room. Just want to give it to him. I think we should give it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I think we're gonna give it to Seth. Wow, Okay, Feeling's gonna try to pull that ship. I like to take the temperature of the room. And I assumed with this group of folks that they were not going to give it to you, and.
Speaker 4: I was right.
Speaker 3: It was different.
Speaker 7: I noticed that you pronounced every single syllable of what Seth had written is.
Speaker 5: I thought there might be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so undaunted Courage, or if you said undaunting courage to take that as well. Undted Courage was published in nineteen ninety seven and sold over two hundred thousand copies in the first month. A television series based on the book was launched by HBO in twenty fourteen. Some names attached to it were Casey Affleck, Tom Hanks, Ed Norton, and Brad Pitt. The show began filming in Manitoba in May of twenty fifteen that halted just two months later. Reports said the director and cinematographer left the project due to creative differences, and the production was totally canceled by HBO in February of twenty sixteen.
Speaker 5: One of the great tragedies of our time.
Speaker 1: And I say this with a lot of confidence, that would be my favorite TV show ever if they made it. You know, a lot of folks would be like, I'd pay money to see that, HBO.
Speaker 4: I would pay.
Speaker 1: Money to see that. I'll put I'll put five hundred dollars towards this billion dollar project. If you can just revive it on the board and make me an HBO.
Speaker 2: Series on Lewis and Clark, can we start donating to it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe the next we'll start a conservation HBO make a Lewis and Clark series. Club question for the top is cooking. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Brad h for sending this great QUESTI Brad is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the meat Eater dot com. According to the us DA, this country is the world's largest exporter of venison. According to the USDA, this country is the world's largest exporter of venison. Brody, you have this one right, Randall, You have this one right. Believe so, Randall, have you ever ordered venison at a restaurant, not that I.
Speaker 5: Can recall, Brody, have you.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to answer that question right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, my apologies for asking.
Speaker 6: If I just feel like I would need to clarify it.
Speaker 1: Just okay, y if you ever ordered venison at a restaurant, no, but I've been served at restaurant in order. It just still it was one of those.
Speaker 3: Situations came as the appetizer.
Speaker 4: No, like we knew somebody that you know, some off men. They said you gotta try this.
Speaker 5: Although they're exporting. Answer helps.
Speaker 1: According to the USDA, this country is the world's largest exporter of venison. Mm hmm, is everybody ready answer? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth without an answer. Anthony says Canada, Max Canada, Randall, New Zealand, Alyssa, Canada, Tresa Austria, Joannie and Brody say New Zealand. They got it. The correct answer is New Zealand. While New Zealand is the world's largest exporter of venison, the United States is the world's largest importer of the jon. It's estimated that the venison industry in New Zealand is worth two hundred and eighty million dollars, with one third of that going to the United States. New Zealand is also the world's largest producer of Antler velvet, with China buying eighty percent of their inventory, which they use in medicine. Question five, the topic is hunting. This Louisiana company with a voodoo inspired name is famous for their spinning wing decoys.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Spencer, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Max is thrilled that a waterfowl question made an appearance. This Louisiana company with a voodoo inspired name is famous for their spinning wing decoys. Brody has this one right as well, Max, or excuse me, Seth, Do you have this one right? Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Max. Do you own one of these? No? You don't. I thought you'd say no, I own three of them. No.
Speaker 6: Used to talk about this stuff too much.
Speaker 2: I feel like, wow, Okay, I'll explain after.
Speaker 1: Brody would like us to just sit in silence till everyone has come up with the answer. He doesn't want to talk about eating venison. Doesn't want to talk about It's.
Speaker 8: A long story like I was duped into I ordered elk one time, then found out it was red deer.
Speaker 6: It's it's like this weird like they trick you.
Speaker 1: They tricked, they got brody, They could get anybody.
Speaker 6: This is a long time ago, remember that restaurant.
Speaker 1: And has become wiser since then.
Speaker 6: Old German restaurants.
Speaker 4: Why you just get the rib this old wild boarn you know elk.
Speaker 6: No, I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: Brodie's older and wiser now, he wouldn't wouldn't get tricked into eating red deer again. This Louisiana company with a voodoo inspired name is famous for their spinning wing decoys. And this is question five, so we'll get a school board update from Phil after this.
Speaker 4: You do inspired?
Speaker 1: Okay, voodoo inspired?
Speaker 4: You got it. You have to get it, voodoo like black magic.
Speaker 1: It's Louisiana company.
Speaker 6: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Megs?
Speaker 4: Don't flash it to me because then we're gonna have all kinds of problems from Big Red. What did your Varsie jackets say? Just just Red?
Speaker 1: Oh? I thought I thought that was a fictional detail, but it appears to be read. No, Okay, did you sign the yearbook read?
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: Red was more of a character than it was a real name.
Speaker 4: Let's alter Rand.
Speaker 1: Will be a good like Western villain cowboy villain. You should have stuck with Red. The world doesn't make enough reds anymore, Like you know, Red Foreman from that seventies show. We just don't don't know any reds. I don't have any Reds in my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I sort of bristle.
Speaker 5: I shouldn't say.
Speaker 7: I mean a lot of people when they forget my name, like coaches, when they forgot.
Speaker 5: My name, would just call me Red and things like that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: So it's just like one of those things that's sort of funny but also sort of humiliating.
Speaker 2: I know, I know another guy with similar hair color that we call him Red.
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody, Okay, go ahead and reveal your answers. Upset saying Mojo, Anthony says, Cajun Witch, Decoys, Max, Mojo, Randall, black Magic, Alyssa, black Magic, Tresa, Lucky Duck, go Honess, Mojo, Brody Mojo.
Speaker 7: I knew it wasn't black magic when Yanna said it and no one reacted.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is Mojo. I think five of you got that one right. Mojo made their initial spinning wing decoy in two thousand. To test the concept, The company's engineer took the motor out of his wife's treadmill and put it in the decoy. Their first product was the Magic Mallard, which was fitting for the brand that named itself after the word that means magic in voodoo folklore.
Speaker 2: They work like magic too.
Speaker 1: There you go Magic Mallard from Why Don't You Own Anymore?
Speaker 2: I just don't use that brand anymore. Oh, they're very popular, like they were like the first ones to ever do it.
Speaker 1: And then trust to put Lucky Duck, and I think they also make a spin exactly Tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I used to do work with Lucky Duck, so I use them.
Speaker 1: Phil, we're halfway through the game of trivia, give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 9: Oh, Anthony, Alyssa and Tresa, I'll have one point, Max and Randall are up next to two points. Apiece got Seth with three yards with four and Brody Henderson is in first place with five points too.
Speaker 1: Good Question six. The topic is fishing, and this next great question is via Clint Danforth. What eight letter word is defined as quote? Water that is saltier than fresh water, but not as salty as sea water? What eight letter word is defined as water that is saltier than fresh water but not as salty as sea water. And it appears Brody is going to keep the perfect game going.
Speaker 6: So does spelling matter on this one?
Speaker 1: Does not matter? But hopefully you have eight letters.
Speaker 4: I know, but I'm.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of letters you can fit in an eight letter word.
Speaker 2: Max, going back to his whiteboard, I had it written down, but it was a chicken scratch.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was doing better. Good. Yeah, you're an honest man who does his dishes, doesn't cheat, doesn't spop. What is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth and Anthony and Max and Randall saying brackish, Alyssa and Tresa without an answer, Yanni and Brody saying brackish. They got it pretty correct. Answer is brackish. Brackish water is most commonly found in estuaries where a river meets the ocean. However, can also be found in aquifers and lakes where there's extra saline soil. Some examples of fish that can live in brackish water or snook, tarpin, red drum, largemouthed bass, channel catfish, and striped bass. Question seven. The topic is wildlife. This type of exotic animal ripped the face off of a fifty five year old Connecticut woman during a two thousand and nine attack. What this type of exotic animal ripped the face off of a fifty five year old Connecticut woman during a two thousand and nine attack.
Speaker 4: Can you define exotic?
Speaker 1: Nope, There's only so.
Speaker 7: Many animals that habitually rip the faces off of people, you guys.
Speaker 1: But Yanni has not picked up his whiteboard yet.
Speaker 5: Exactly I was in Connecticut.
Speaker 1: It was in Connecticut. This type of exotic animal ripped the face off of a fifty five year old Connecticut woman during a two thousand and nine attack.
Speaker 7: But I think a grizzly bear would be exotic in Connecticut.
Speaker 1: You know, so maybe for everyone.
Speaker 4: It's a good point.
Speaker 1: I will tell you, Alyssa, it happened in Connectic.
Speaker 3: What do you got that is a good point, Lisa.
Speaker 1: Yanni and Brodie comparing answers. I take it you boys have different answers.
Speaker 9: I'll show it to you if we do.
Speaker 1: Okay, this may and Brodie's perfect game. Question seven? This type of exotic animal to be faced off of a fifty five year old Connecticut.
Speaker 4: Moment, Okay, I don't ever read comments did the folks at home get annoyed this part? I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's on their radar enough to matter. So if you if you players enjoy it, I'd say keep going.
Speaker 7: But everything I've seen says they hate it.
Speaker 1: We did just have a situation over here where Seth showed Anthony his board and then changed.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't change what happened when I slid my board.
Speaker 4: It like wiped it all.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's what happened.
Speaker 6: You guys.
Speaker 7: For this product to work, the audience has to have trust that this is a fair and honest competition and honest.
Speaker 3: If I was going to change my answer to his, it would probably be the same.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, just let's show him. Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying babboon, Anthony says chimpanzee, Max Tiger, random chimp alyssa chimp jaguar, You honest, chimp Brody ba boo. The correct answer is chimp Brody got it wrong, ruining his perfect game. I think we had half the room get it right.
Speaker 4: How do you pronounce.
Speaker 5: Jaguar?
Speaker 4: Do you always say it like that? Now?
Speaker 1: Listen, I got hell from from Steve, so now I try to go with the pompous way of saying.
Speaker 3: Jaguar I got saying jaguar.
Speaker 4: Listen, I did too.
Speaker 1: Travis d. Champ was a two hundred pound primate who lived with Sandra Harold in Stamford, Connecticut. In two thousand and nine, Travis escaped the woman's home with her car keys. One of Sandra's friends, Charlie Nash, came to help Sandra wrangle the chimp and brought with her a Tickle Me the Elmo, which was Travis's favorite toy. When Travis Sawcharlo holding the toy, he went into a rage and attacked her. During the mauling, Travis ripped her nose, jaw, eyes, and hands off. The woman survived after seven hours of surgery, but was left blind and without fingers. Travis was gunned down by a police officer after he approached the cop car and ripped off the driver's side door. At the end of this podcast, I'm going to play for you ninety seconds of the nine to one to one call from the chimp's owner to dispatch, But be warned, it's very graphic that I don't want to hear. That then turn off the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I art we could just direct people.
Speaker 3: You can find it.
Speaker 1: I got Steve's approval to play this, so we're going to play it, but we're putting it at the very end of the show. She got a face transplant. I think it was unsuccessful and then successful afterwards. I saw she recently. She did an interview in the last five years, and the most recent face transplant took So if you don't want to hear that nine to one one call, turn off the show when I tell you goodbye. Question eight. The topic is conservation and this next great question is via Ja Jake, Pushaki Phil.
Speaker 9: Let's give it a good long pause before we're gonna hear Doug Duran's song first, and then a solid pause and then don't.
Speaker 1: Want to hear the nine one one call. You have plenty of opportunity to turn off the show. The topic is conservation. This public land on the US Canada border is the most visited wilderness area in the United States. That's wilderness with a cap butt w This public land on the US Canada border is the most visited wilderness area in the United States. This is question eight. Yanni, are you going to listen to the nine to one one call audio or is that? Is it too much for you?
Speaker 4: My mind's not made up.
Speaker 1: I think you should listen.
Speaker 4: Is it disturbed?
Speaker 9: What if I told you that the attack is still happening and you can hear it in the background during.
Speaker 1: Is it disturbing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Is it entertaining a bigger yes? Dog, you're not going to listen Randall mm, but you knew the answer.
Speaker 4: I remember this getting entertainment. Poor woman like lost or sight.
Speaker 1: She survived. Also, I would point out that I got the audio from ABC News. This is played, you know, on every major news network in the world. I don't think they're wrong.
Speaker 6: Why are they play so people listen to it?
Speaker 1: Like? It doesn't make it precisely.
Speaker 3: I wish they'd released the audio from Grizzly Man me too.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You know what, there's another thing I'd pay money for HBO make me the Lewis and Clark Show and get get us the audio to hear. I think like three people in the world have heard it.
Speaker 5: No should listen to this, Yeah, Kentucky, Yeah, this is horrible. No one should.
Speaker 1: This public land on the US Canada border is the most visited wilderness area in the United States. This is question eight, you know, like.
Speaker 2: When it's on the tip of your tongue and you can't m actually come up with the answer.
Speaker 11: That's where Brody was. But he just changed his Oh my goodness, I can see the hmm. Okay, I can tell you exactly where it's at too.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Max has provided a hint to Anthony. I'm just thinking about changing his answer. Anthony's trying to figure out all the places that Maximus is aware of, which.
Speaker 4: Isn't that many?
Speaker 6: The intersection of places.
Speaker 5: Max doesn't know the name of it, but exactly where it is.
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not getting.
Speaker 1: Anthony out of time. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have sat saying boundary Anthony says niag Max Lake of the Woods, Randall Boundary Waters, Alyssa Waterton Tresa Glacier National Park, Giannis Boundary Waters, Brodie Boundary Waters. The correct answer is the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, Thatten. He's the only The Boundary Waters Canoe Area is made up of one million acres of Christine forests and glacial lakes. It's located inside the Superior National Forest of Minnesota. Last year, the Biden administration signed a mining band that protects the Boundary Water Watershed through the year twenty forty three. Phil, we have two questions left. Long enough a scoreboard update.
Speaker 9: Let's see here, Anthony, Max, Melissa, Tresa, you are no longer in the running for the win. I'm sorry, But Seth and Randall you've got five points. You can still technically claw back. But Jannis and Brody are tied up in first place, two points ahead of Seth and Randall. They have seven points.
Speaker 5: Question no, it should be an exciting finish.
Speaker 1: The topic is cooking. This ten letter British word is defined as quote a person or store that sells fish for food. Since question nine, the topic is cooking, Randall knows the answer. This ten letter British word is defined as a person or store that sells fish for food.
Speaker 5: Fabulous word.
Speaker 1: Okay, Randall is the only one who's come up with an answer so far. Brody, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 6: It's got ten letters?
Speaker 4: It makes sense.
Speaker 1: He is tied with Yanni going into question nine. Yanni, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 4: I've also got ten letters.
Speaker 1: This ten letter British word is defined as a person or store that sells fish for food, Yanni, Brody, Randall the only ones with an answer. Now Tresa has joined them. Tresta, do you have this right? Okay? Confidence in the opposite direction, Seth is giving up. Put down his whiteboard face up. That is the official white flag of meat eater trivia. Ten letter British word a person or store that sells fish for food. I'd agree with you, Randall, I do like this word.
Speaker 4: We should keep this to America.
Speaker 5: Spencer that does that does have ten letters?
Speaker 1: Is it a good word? Max? You think it's a word that that's not a fabulous Randa would compliment. Okay, is everybody ready? I just put together from its pedestrian co ed and reveal your answers. We have Seth without an answer, Anthony says Pescadordan Max fish seller, which is on the right track? Randall fishmonger, Alyssa Delicatessen, Tresa fish and Chips, Yannis and Brody say fishmonger, they got it. The correct answer is fishmonger. A manger is someone who deals or trades a specific commodity. It's sometimes used as an insult as a way to imply that the goods being sold are cheap. Although it can be applied to anything, it's most often using compound words like warmonger, fearmonger, cheesemonger, artmonger, and of course fishmonger. Now here's a correct answer review so far for our listeners at home. One was Mississippi, two Walking the Dog, three Undaunted, Courage, four New Zealand, five Mojo, six Brackish, seven Chimp, eight Boundary waters Canoe Area Wilderness, and nine fishmonger. Going into question ten, we have Yanni and Brody tied up with eight correct answers. They're the only ones left in the game. Question ten. The topic is gear. Walmart created this outdoor gear brand which makes tents, sleeping bags, coolers, knives, mountain bikes and more.
Speaker 4: Oh my word.
Speaker 1: Walmart created this outdoor gear brand which makes tents, sleeping bags, coolers, knives, mountain bikes and more. Yanni, you have this one, right, I believe so. Brody you have this one right.
Speaker 4: You made by this brand. Use this past weekend?
Speaker 1: Okay, and how'd it perform?
Speaker 4: It didn't rain and it wasn't windy, so the perform five?
Speaker 1: Okay again, this is question ten. Walmart created this outdoor gear brand, which makes tents, sleeping bags, coolers, knives, mountain bikes, and more. Did you know that answer before you saw that tent this weekend? Yanni, you'd have gotten it right, regardless.
Speaker 3: I'd want these tents completely collapse in the storm one time.
Speaker 1: Wow. What what was it just the polls gave out or what?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I guess?
Speaker 1: Oh gee, Max, do you have this one right?
Speaker 2: There's one one of those things up there?
Speaker 6: Game.
Speaker 7: No, I can picture the I can picture the brand.
Speaker 1: Randall's too elite to buy his gear from Walmart.
Speaker 5: I didn't say that I bought my last cooler at the Walmart, Okay, but I I.
Speaker 7: Have a Walmart adjacent brand written down here.
Speaker 4: Still out the only place I've still ever found my favorite apple as of late. Oh, the Sweet Tango is at Walmart.
Speaker 1: Wow, I love apples, you know what I'd say. I used to be an apple mangert. I worked in the produce section at Walmart my freshman year of college.
Speaker 5: Wango, Dan, what that one tastes like?
Speaker 4: I'm not familiar, uh tarder than the average apple these days? And uh yeah, I don't know these It seems like a lot of the apples are way too thick skinned. It seems like they're just made to basically last the whole year on.
Speaker 1: I'm not that into I love a pink lady, but I'd say that's my greatest critique of them. I'm too thick of a skin on them. I also like Cosmic Crisp, Classic Honey Crisp is great. God, Golden Delicious. That's that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Sweet Delicious.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, that's not.
Speaker 4: I think there's a a new one that popped up at Costco. That's maybe Ambrosia or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that one's new, though. I think that Jazz Jazz has been a favorite of mine lately. Big fan of the Jazz Apple.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of any of these apples.
Speaker 4: For the record, I guess you just see it. Red Delicious, Red Delicious.
Speaker 3: Tune into Media Radio to hear us rank all the apples.
Speaker 6: A let's get on this time.
Speaker 1: Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. Yeah, Trail Anthony saying, Max saying, Cole Randall says White Mountain crossedown, Coflin, Alyssa says Ozark, Trail Tresil, Coleman Yannis Ozark Trail, Brody saying Ozark Mountain will tell you one of you is correct between Yanni Yan's Brody. The correct answer is Ozark Trail.
Speaker 4: Making Yanni winner. Nice.
Speaker 1: Yanni Osar Trail has been called the great value brand of camping gear. The label is exclusively sold in Walmart and is named after the Ozark region of Arkansas, where the company calls home. Their latest venture into outdoor gear into the Outdoor Gear World, was a line of mountain bikes. In twenty twenty three. Yanni is the winner with nine correct answers. That means Yanni gets to choose with the five hundred dollars. Don't from me de to goes. What's it going to be?
Speaker 4: Yanni? I'm just gonna go ahead and donate any of my winnings between now and November UH to Colorado's for Responsible Wildlife Management. Who are the ones that are fighting the Mountain Lion and Bobcat hunting band in Colorado? If you're not aware of that, go check them out. Donate some money to save the haunt Colorado. What else I need to tell them between now in November? Because when I think, yeah, it's all, it'll be on the ballot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I think the words out you do. Yeah, I think we did a pretty good job.
Speaker 4: No, I think it's the word is only out in our little universe. I think that on the Front Range when you go, just my little polling that I've done with friends and family that live there, are very barely aware of the issue and certainly aren't aware of our stance on it. So if you live on the Front Range, I'll say this again, do your part and go talk to people, spread the word and vote, write a letter to the editor, and definitely go vote.
Speaker 1: Five hundred dollars going their way via Yanni and meat Eater, and don't forget. When I sign off, Phil will be playing part of the nine to one one call from the owner of the Chimp during that attack. This is your last chance to turn off the podcast before you hear this.
Speaker 3: I'm playing just for the listeners at home.
Speaker 4: Join us next week.
Speaker 1: The only game show where conservation always Good job, Thanks Max, Thanks for the game.
Speaker 10: Spster, Yes, Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth, mellow tones. He lays them questions down. He likes taking those two and three year old bucks. It is an avid amateur
Speaker 11: Lock how