Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a Sports Byline Broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervv.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 3: Let's get it. Mike semperviv here with you for the next hour talking about professional wrestling, which is something we do every single day here on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network. Tune in, iHeart American Forces Radio Sports Byline dot Com over the air affiliates like KMAV ninety nine, KMSR and mighty or ten ninety. Maybe you're listening on podcast replay on SiriusXM. Maybe you're video streaming on Twitter or YouTube. However you're joining me today, I'd just like to say thank you. Hopefully, wherever you are, it's sunny outside, and if not, hopefully it's sunny inside your mind. It's an overcast day here on my portion of Del Marva. I don't know what the weather is like where Brian Alvarez is, but I bet you it's pretty nice. Because he's playing hooky from work. Hit me up about forty five minutes ago. Uh, I got things to do? You got today? I said sure? He said, Hey, make sure that you mentioned that there's not going to be a Lance show today. No F four daily figure four daily with Lance Storm on the website. Nope, nope, nope. But he will be on with us tomorrow on Rustling Observer Alive. That doesn't help you out today, but don't worry. There is something to help you out today and to help me out today. Filthy Tom Lawler is going to be joining me, and we got a lot to get into. I don't know if he watched that next to you last night. I don't even know if we're going to get into that next day. You probably not. I believe that he did. He's given me the thumbs up right now, and we're gonna get his thoughts on that. But I want to get his thoughts on Amazon taking Monday Night Raw. I know he was a proponent of Amazon getting it, I'm sorry, but Netflix. What he thinks about Netflix getting it? He was a proponent of Amazon getting it the last time we talked on the show. We'll get his thoughts on that. We have the lineup for Dark Side of the Ring, making it a return to Vice TV. We actually have a ten show lineup. We'll get to some of the names that are on the docket for this year. We have John Cena announcing that he would love to wrestle his final WWE match in England. And we have Kazuchko Okada leaving New Japan Pro Wrestling without putting over somebody from this generation. Got a ton of other stuff to get into as well, because Dynamites tonight and we'll get it all started and when we get back Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 4: Has someone in your family lost a job recently and now you can't afford your mortgage payment or do you have a rental property and your tenants aren't paying you quick cash offer can come to the rescue and pay you cash for your home immediately. Yes, sell your home and get cash all over the phone, without dealing with real estate agents and risking your safety by showing your home to lukewarm buyers. You don't need to lose your home to foreclosure. If you have any equity in your home, we will buy it and give you cash within days, all in a simple over the phone and virtual process. Call quick cash offer now before the economy gets worse. Sell a home you can't afford or just don't want to get the cash you need today.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred seven eight eight one four nine five, eight hundred seven eight eight one four eight hundred seven eight eight one four nine five. That's eight hundred seven eight eight fourteen ninety five.
Speaker 6: This is a true sad story for ADT, the leader in home security systems. My favorite dog, Oliver, was stolen from our garage recently. If I had a camera system installed in my home from ADT, I would have known exactly what car possibly pulled up in my driveway and stole my little friend. If I had a security system from ADT, my dog would still be here. I called ADT this weekend and they're coming out in a few days to install a camera and a new security system. Unfortunately, it's a little too late for me. Listen, protect everyone you love in your family. Call ADT now, have them come out and give you a quote to install a full security system in your home. Don't let it be too late for you. Call right now.
Speaker 5: Paid for by the Home Security Hotline. Eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four nine one. That's eight hundred three six one thirty four ninet one. Can your IRA stand up to the next financial crisis that our top economists are saying is that our doorsteps. By allocating a percentage of your IRA into physical gold and silver with a tax free rollover, you can diversify in safeguard your holdings from turbulent markets and economic downturns by putting your IRA back on the gold standard. Find out how to safeguard your assets with a tax free rollover with a Genesis Gold IRA, the only IRA that can hold physical precious metals. Call now for your free gold and silver report. Protect your IRA today with one simple phone call and learn how to qualify for up to ten thousand dollars in free silver called Genesis Gold Group Empowering Faith Driven Stewardship. Eight hundred two one one six thousand eight, eight hundred two one one six thousand eight, eight hundred two one one six thousand eight. That's eight hundred two one one six zero zero eight.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the show. Mike sempervv here with you. You know, we do this show right here for an hour at a time every single day, but if you want us twenty four to seven, you can try to find us on Twitter, slash x. I am at semper vv, Tomas at Filthy, Tom Lawler, Brian is at Brian Alvarez. The timeline for this show is at won F four w and the broadcasters at Sports Byline USA. Jim Valley is at Jim Valley. He'll be here with you on Saturday Live every single Saturday, one pm Eastern time, ten am Pacific. And andrews Arian is at andrews Arian. He's here with you on Sundays starting at six pm Eastern three pm Pacific. I'd also like for you to make the wrestling news part of your day. Everything you need to know to get your day started, get you up to date, or get you to your favorite wrestling review pod like Dave and Brian on Wrestling Observer Radio. There will be a new one of those up for subscribers after Dynamite tonight. But when it comes to the wrestling news, it's between five and fifteen minutes long, every single day. No clickbait, no speculation, no rumors, no paywall, just the Wrestling News. Find it wherever you find your favorite podcast, or head on over to the Wrestling News dot com or wrestling at Wrestling newsab on Facebook and Twitter. Filthy Tom Lawler, how are you, sir?
Speaker 7: I am doing good. What a overload of information there, Mike, much like there is NonStop in the world of professional wrestling. You mentioned Dynamite tonight. You mentioned NXT last night, which I did watch the Hulu version. I snuck it in there.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: The final match of Kazuchka Okada and Corrican Hall a very emotional time in front of the fans and backstage for the New Japan wrestlers.
Speaker 3: The It was emotional for me hoping that he would put Fajeta over on the way out. I'll say that I knew he wouldn't, but.
Speaker 7: Come on, I cannot believe. I cannot believe anyone thought still that Okada was going to lose to Mikey Nichols, Shane Haste or Fujiita. Hey, listen, Fujina. Fujina is zero and two against me. Do you think he's beating Okata.
Speaker 3: Look to me, it's the explanation, exclamation point on the bad year that they had booking Kazuo Okada and how he did not put anyone over, whether their name was Kato Kiemia or whether it was Shooter, or whether it was Suji or anybody not even in a tag team encounter. So I knew he wasn't going to put Fajita over, but it was, you know, the hope and maybe the slight, you know, possibility that he slips on a banana peel. But I guess his l is going to have to come at the hands of Hiroshi Tanahashi, or does it? Does he lose to ton of Hashi, Does he lose to Ace President before he departs for North America?
Speaker 7: I think he wins?
Speaker 3: Really really? Is that not then really getting into some sort of malpractice if you're the new president of New Japan and the company itself and Gato the booker who has got enough going against him, frankly in my opinion, but.
Speaker 7: I believe that's not his final match.
Speaker 3: It's still does he lose to Tanahashi? He doesn't lose to Tanahashi, I.
Speaker 7: Don't think so, Oh my god. But I'm quite often wrong.
Speaker 3: Well, he is going to show up, but they have the ceremony dates or they have something going on at the end of February, right the twenty second, the twenty fourth. I think he said he's he's going to be making shows. I believe those days, am I? Am I crazy about that? Did I?
Speaker 7: I believe that's true. There's also been announced a new girlas of Destiny versus Old Gorillas of Destiny matchup with LP and Hiccoleo taking on Toma Tonga and Tonga Loa. It's another interesting match.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: Are we going to see Tamatonga as a good brother?
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, that's probably the best slot for him, I would imagine, both for him and for all the people involved, you know what I mean. He's still got plenty left in the.
Speaker 3: Tank, absolutely, and it's brand new for people here. I mean he really is when he gets right down to it, especially to that fan base. He's brand new.
Speaker 7: Yeah. And there was no one that had aj Styles back despite what the club said, unless we find out that they were beat up and left laying by the blood line once again. Backstage, nobody came to aj Styles aid on SmackDown as two plus million people worldwide.
Speaker 3: So he's the Ridge Holland of SmackDown. He's got to do it all himself. You saw NXT last night, you know that reference Ridge Holland all alone facing Gallus by himself.
Speaker 7: You know what didn't make Earth? What did not make the Hulu version?
Speaker 3: What's that.
Speaker 7: Ridge Holland and Gallas.
Speaker 3: Well, there was no match or anything like that, but there was a a promo that he cut backstage with Kelly Kincaid where he talked about facing Gallas. He had his cup of coffee in his hand and he talked about facing Gallas all on his own, and he walks off and then she sat there shocked. So maybe that Ridge can hook up with AJ at some point. And you know, it would be better for AJ if they were partners, because then the risk of him getting hurt would go down. But up, Thank you, thank you, filthy, You're very welcome. All right. Dark Side of the Ring officially making its return to Vice TV in March. This story up on the main page of the website. Was announced today that season five of Dark Side of the Ring will premiere on Tuesday, March fifth, ten pm Eastern Time. Ten episodes in the season, The topics that will be covered Gentleman Chris Adams, sensational Sherry Martell, Bam Bam, Terry Gordy, Black Saturday, Vince McMahon's purchase of Georgia Cha being Chip Wrestling in nineteen eighty four leading to WWF getting the six ZHO five Saturday night time slot. Chris Colt, which is something, the Sandman, Earthquake, Harley Race, Buff Bagwell and Brutus, Beefcake, Filthy and maybe time that we get the third member of Team Filthy, Greg the Hammer Valentine on to talk a little bit about Beefcake and he can talk a little bit about Beefcake's wife, which I've heard they don't like each other very much, but that bay be a story for a different time. What do you think about this line up here? And there are some names that are from my generation growing up, like Chris Adams and Black Saturday and you know some things like that, you know you're a little younger, Do those names stick out to you? Do those stories about have they traveled through time? About how crazy Chris Adams was?
Speaker 7: Brother? What you read that list off? All I could think to myself was we or scrape in the bottom of the barrel. Here is what we have left for Dark Side of the Ring. I want to hear some scandals. I want to hear about some nefarious doings by unscrupulous characters.
Speaker 3: I think you're gonna hear that.
Speaker 7: I don't think this is at the level of anything that we've seen in the past seasons.
Speaker 3: The Erics, well, yeah, yeah, the Von Erics. I mean we've had some We've had some heavy stuff. We've had New Jack, We've had you know, the the bizarreity that was the life of of Eddie Graham and Matt Bourne.
Speaker 7: We had from h Double hockey Sticks.
Speaker 3: We had Marty Jannetti, we had you know, we had we had that one. Look, Chris Adams is a story that I think, you know, coming off the Von Erics movie. Now maybe the time I'm to actually lead off with that one, because he was a world class story and yes he was in many other territories, but he has got some of the nastiest stuff, including a prison stint he had to do for headbutting a co pilot I believe it was of a plane that ended up getting him arrested, and a notorious drinker and drugger Chris Adams was, so I have a feeling that that is going to be quite the interesting story when it comes to him. Terry Gordy Again, that's an interesting story I think as well too. That again, when you look at the name dark Side of the Ring, there was a dark side over Terry Gordy.
Speaker 7: Where's a story about Ricky Dozan? Well, you know, there's plenty of things that they could talk about, and instead, just like just like us, there's scrape at the bottom of the barrel.
Speaker 3: They are, they are, and you are the Chris Cult of the show. Dothy Don Waller. We'll be back. Rustum's over live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Throwing things around over here, Mike semper Viv Filthy Tom Lawler here with your Wrestling Observer Live. I just look down at the chat here, the Twitch chat, people talking about what would be better stories, what are going to be good stories? DJ Cowboy Chris Adams has a darker story than you might suspect. Yes, he does. Everybody. That is going to be a very very dark story. That is for absolutely sure. You know, Ashley Massaro, you know, that is probably one that I don't know, you know, it's if people are willing to talk about that one. You know, that's one that obviously, with the name Dark Side of the Ring did not end very well. Art Bar would be very interesting as well too. You know, Art Barr is one of those guys that I'm always surprised, and I get it because he was such a star in Mexico and he was Eddie Guerrero's friend. But I'm surprised he his past and some of his past transgressions get you know, kind of dusted under and we celebrate Art Bar a lot more. Hey, look, Dom's wearing his shirt and all that sort of stuff. I don't know, I was always kind of shaky with him, but he probably would make a pretty good one too. Tom. I don't know, you know, for you what are some ones that really stick out and you go, you know, they probably should do this as opposed to Harley Race or Buff Bagwell or Brutus Beefcake.
Speaker 7: You know, we were talking during the break, as we sometimes do, and I know that they did a history of FMW, but you know, kind of in the same vein as one along the lines of Ricky Doz and I think you could have one about Hayabusa. You could have one about and this also stems from FMW in a way. You could have Shinya Hashimoto stealing for Yuki's wife after his funeral. There's a number of things the Noah Exodus, of course, which had major ramifications business wise and personal wise for a lot of wrestlers.
Speaker 3: R F running away from Perverted Justice, still running shows here he is people still uh doing signings for him and whatnot. Oh, it's just you know, not to say anything, just pointing that out, but uh, you know, plenty of things could end up on Dark Side of the Ring. We should problem.
Speaker 7: You and I could end up on there one day, Mike, if we play our cards correctly.
Speaker 3: And we get Brian thrown under the bus, I guess we possibly could be on there. They could come to us and talk about that. Look, you have the right idea of why have they not done dark Side of MMA? They did a deal about the UFC, did they not about in the nineties? Dark Side Vice of the nineties? Dark Side of the nineties? They did something? I mean, if you think about it, I mean, MMA, there are so many stories Tom that we just we know because we've been around for so long, in fans for so long and around it. You know, that took place in the nineties that people today have no idea about. And there are just so many stories from the nineties and before that nobody really knows about. I mean, it sounds terrible to say, but much like boxing, I mean, MMA is a pretty ripe world to have a dark side series about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, any sport in which one competitor, Gary Goodrich, perhaps as one of by twisting another man's genitals with his foot back in the nineties, I think any sport that contains a finish like that deserves to have a dark side series about it.
Speaker 3: And we said it felt like crunchy peanut butter, do you remember that? That's what he said. That's what Gary Goodrich said. And the thing is, and this is gonna sound terrible, I don't know if Gary Goodwich would remember saying that, and because he's had so much damage. And that's another thing about that series that you could do with so many of those guys from that Pride era, which in some ways was spectacular, but my god, the amount of punishment these men took and how they went into fights, yeah, when they absolutely should not have.
Speaker 7: And we talked about just names during the break as well, like Mark Coleman, Mark Kerr, Phil Baroni, Unfortunately Randman, Kevin Randleman, Stephan Bonner. There's a number of guys and there's a number of incidents as well. Lee Murray, the most notorious perhaps criminal in the history of the world, was a UFC fighter. There's a number of incidents, a number of characters.
Speaker 3: Well, the Hickson Gracie Yogi Ajo's story is not you know, is only really known for if you've really been following MMA. I mean a lot of people may not know that story anymore. And really, I mean Hickson Gracie alone as a as a figure for a story could be very interesting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for those of you that don't know what Mike's talking about, yog and Joe, who was a UWF wrestler, flew over to the US to do a dojo challenge. He went to Hickson's dojo and wanted to fight him, and they fought behind closed doors and the only photographs after the event are of yog and Joe just absolutely destroyed beating up looks like a member of the Goonies instead of his normal self.
Speaker 3: Baby Ruth. Oh, it's terrible, absolutely terrible. Mister two hundred Yogian Joe was never the same again after that, that is for sure. I mean, hey, look, Akure ma Ada, could you do one show on him? I mean one show was enough for the American fan base. I mean you gotta ease him in slowly. But I mean, if this was a Japanese series, you might be able to do six parks on Maida, couldn't you.
Speaker 7: CML versus Deep.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, Alberto del Rio Das Carras Junior fighting with a mask on in Pride against Marco crow Cop. You know that's something that again, you know, unless you were around in the what was it the two thousand and five, two thousand and six, I guess that fight took place. I can't even remember anymore, but that seems like it's lost in time now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one of the early Pride bushetos if I remember correctly.
Speaker 3: Hey, super Porky at in Mma fight?
Speaker 7: Sure did El Solar fought Suzuki? Yeah, there were a number of Lutradors and we didn't even touch upon the Mexican scene. When we were talking about what could be on Dark Side of the Ring. So yeah, yeah, I don't think that the series it self needs to be put to rest, but I think they could have done a better job this season or choosing subjects.
Speaker 3: Be interesting to see how all of it plays out, and that is going to begin on March fifth, Tuesday, March fifth for people who have Vice TV. Unfortunately with YouTube TV, of all of the channels that they have, Vice is not one of them, So I'll have to figure out another way to see those shows.
Speaker 7: Where does Dark Side eventually end up, Mike? Does it end up on Peacock? Does it end up on Hulu? Does it end up on maybe Netflix? Perhaps maybe somebody with all those subscriptions out there can let me know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you find out where that does end up. I know it's available for purchase through YouTube after the fact. But speaking of all of these streaming services, Tom, the last time you were on, we talked about what if Raw went to a streaming service, and I expressed my concerns over it. I gotta be honest, a lot of those concerns, I mean, in all reality go bye by because of the amount of money that they're going to bring in. I mean If they kill RAW, no big deal for the amount of money you got. If you're time to do something later, you can do something later. But I don't think they're going to kill RAW. And it ended up being on Netflix, which is a platform that Nick con had talked about wanting to get one of the WWE shows onto, and he has done that. Now it looks like it's going to be a much broader deal than just RAW. Obviously globally, it's going to encompass all of the shows and premium live events at some point. But you had talked about preferring Amazon as a landing spot for Raw. What are your thoughts on them actually moving to streaming? Going to Amazon and we're going to Netflix, And are you disappointed about that?
Speaker 7: I wouldn't said disappointed, but I thought that with the success that Amazon had seen with the NFL and having live programming on there, that they would have, you know, been the front runner. And I'm not the only one that thought that. I was surprised when I woke up and I saw that Netflix was the eventual landing space. But like you mentioned, Mike, even if they kill RAW by moving it to Netflix, they're making so much money and by moving NXT to the CW network, They've opened themselves up to a completely new audience that perhaps they wouldn't have otherwise. So I don't think it's a bad idea to take this risk, if you can call it that. You know, one of the biggest things that I'm in true by now is the UFC has a right steal that will be up somewhat soon. And is this a glimpse into the future of what the UFC will do? Will they divest their shows like they did in the past, Where we'd have UFC on Fuel, you'd have programming on Spike, they'd show up on Fox. I believe every once in a while. Are we gonna move back to something along those lines? ESPN now has the co leader I guess in mixed martial arts, the PFL and Bellator Union at least on their programming networks. So do we see the UFC move away from ESPN? Do we see the UFC stay on ESPN and also add or move some of their programming to other networks? You know, the Netflix stock went way up today. Are other company's gonna see that and say, hey, we want a piece of this programming?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's really there's still some there. Again, it's fascinating for so many reasons that obviously don't have anything to do with inside the ring, which drives people nuts. But I'm really interested in that aspect of it and what happens with the WWE network, because we're going to have, as it stands right now, at the end of the year, we're gonna have a lame duck spot for raw and putting it on the network. Look, they didn't announce the WWE network going to Peacock until January, and then it started up that March. You know, we'll get into more of this after the break because it gets some more thoughts on it, plus everything taking place on Dynamite tonight when we get back on Wrestling Observer Alive with anyway.
Speaker 5: Having sex and ub God nobody it's because the windows got quality flames.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be ah me.
Speaker 5: The President has your a heater or air conditioner busted, appliance broken, computer crashed, then you need an ARW home warranty, home system and appliance repairs and replacements can cost stress and cost you thousands of dollars per year. With an eight plus BBB rating and a top rated home warranty company on consumer affairs and trust Pilot. AARW Home provides superior service featuring the industry's lowest service coal fee. ARW Home has warranty plans that cover your kitchen and laundry appliances, heating and air conditioning systems, electrical and plumbing systems, and much more. Plus, AARW has partnered with Azurian to protect your new and used tablets, laptops, TVs, and other home tech from accidental damage in wear and tear. All plans come with a thirty day money back guarantee eight hundred eighty six seven six ' nine one seven, eight hundred eighty six seven sixt nine one seven, eight hundred eighty six seven six nine one seven. That's eight hundred eighty six seven sixty nine seventeen.
Speaker 8: The new year is a great time to have a conversation with your team about building positive online habits. Visit Meta's Family Center to see the many tools that exist to help teens and families manage their time online. The site includes expert backed guidance to support teens in having positive online experiences and tips for parents and caregivers. Some of the tools include a full screen reminder after teens has spent a few minutes on Instagram reels late at night, and notifications to look at something different if they've been scrolling the same topic for a while. And quiet mode gives teens more ways to focus and set boundaries with friends and family. Parents can set time limits for their child and be notified when their teen reports or block someone. There are also supervision tools that give visibility into how much time their teen spends on Instagram, Facebook, and in virtual reality. For more information, visit Familycenter dot Meta dot com sponsored by Meta.
Speaker 9: One out of two Americans thinks their life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of the six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help from Dourrance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation. So call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published, Make your Dreams happen. Call Dourrance Publishing right now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand and three eight hundred four to eight five six thousand three, eight hundred four eight five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eight five six zero zero three.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Sempervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the show, Mike semperviv Filthy, Tom Lawler here with you Wrestling Observer Live. Big boss Man Brian Alvarez will be back on the show tomorrow. We will be joined by Lance Storm tomorrow. We'll be making the hot tag from Filthy. Will be here tomorrow, unless Brian's not here again tomorrow and we get another late text, but we'll see how that goes tom Before the break, I was talking about just being very enthralled with this deal and what the possibilities could be for the WWE network, which is going Their deal with Peacock is up in March of twenty twenty six, which means they're going to be doing a lot of negotiations one would assume this year and towards the end of the year we know what the deal is going to be. When it comes to raw having a lame duck period, and I talked about it with Brian. To me, the smart idea is to put that show in its lane duck form on Peacock, because I'm sure Peacock would want the numbers. You know, they already have it anyway, they already have another WWE property. I'm sure they would want those numbers for two months, and I'm nick con I'm sure I want them to have those numbers as well too, because I'm still shopping during that time my rights and what's going to happen with them, And I think with Netflix now being involved in this, like you were mentioning, when it comes to ESPN, yeah, it's great to have ESPN there for programming and content. But one of the biggest advantages that you have is you have an incredible library, much like the WWE library, and then you also have that little addendum of the fact that you can sell pay per views as well too. But you know, I wouldn't think I had not thought about the UFC before this deal in their library being shopped around really to anyone other than Disney ESPN. But this really does open the door for that.
Speaker 7: Not only the library, but the UFC Fight Pass still exists and still shows a number of regional MMA promotions, regional grappling promotions, college wrestling as well. And I don't know what the subscription numbers are for UFC Fight Pass, but I would hate to see those avenues of you know, money go away for these regional promotions. I would hate to see less coverage of MMA across the board. So I hope that fight Pass doesn't go the way of the dinosaur. I hope it doesn't even get swallowed up by one of the bigger streaming networks. But you know, I'm sure it's not the highest priority on TKO Holding's list right now.
Speaker 3: Well, it's definitely going to be a priority though, you know, as it goes along, because once this NBA deal gets settled, we're gonna know how much money everybody has left over, because it seems as if WBD really wants it, but doesn't want all of it because it's so damn expensive. Thing same thing with Disney, ESPN, same thing with other people wanting to get their hands in. They all want a piece of it, like it's the NFL, but nobody can afford to have all of it. So a huge amount of money is going to get spent there. And obviously that's important when it comes to AW because it doesn't seem as though aw's deal is going to get done until the NBA's deal finally gets all wrapped up, So we'll have to keep our eye on that as we keep moving along. AW actually does have a show tonight, as we we mentioned earlier on Adam Copeland against Minora Suzuki in the Cope Opland Cope Open Challenge. I knew it was going to do that. Will not repeat, not go picture and picture tonight on Dynamite tomm Are you excited about this? Tony Khan has announced it it will go commercial free, just like Samoa, Joe and Hook last week. What do you think about that?
Speaker 7: Well, in a world where the term dream match is thrown around quite frequently and means very little in many cases, I would actually classify this as a dream match because never once when Edge was in the WWE and Suzuki was in New Japan. Did I imagine that these two would share the square circle? But now that it's scheduled, I can't think of it being any less than awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, are you? I don't know ever thought about it either, And I don't hate it. I wish it could have happened five years ago. I think it could have been a lot more entertaining. And I'll say this, I've seen Manora Suzuki do Minora Suzuki so many times now, and I'm always happy when he comes over. I mean I was there live when he wrestled Janelle. I mean I've seen him wrestle so many people that were so happy to wrestle him. And when he comes over to the States or he does matches like this, I mean that's what it's about. You know, a lot of people I hate the matches, boring this old guy whatever whatever. Like Nah, I get it for the people that are working, and I get it for the fans of these guys. But like I have seen every incarnation of this match. I don't know what they could do differently here, but it is something different, I mean, that's for sure. And I don't know if you saw collision on Saturday night, But like they just threw this up at the end of the show as the Blackpool Combat Club Kingston or Tees match was going on. It just popped up on this screen and it like you popped the announcers. I don't know if you saw that or not, but it was like, I would have made a bigger deal out of this, and obviously they have on social media since. But a funny way to to mention that you're doing this as the open challenge.
Speaker 7: What else is on the show?
Speaker 3: Mike ae W Trio's champions The Acclaimed and Billy Gunn defending against Brian Cage and the Gates of Agony, the former ro Oh World six Man Tag team champions. There is that the.
Speaker 7: Gentleman who lost those belts to Billy Gunn in the acclaims new partners coincidentally Bullet Club Gold.
Speaker 3: Do you like the Bang Bang Scissor Gang.
Speaker 7: You know, if Juice is out for a while and it appears that that's the case, why not you know, we know White, I don't know, was he a heel against m JF.
Speaker 3: He's then well no, no, not in my world. But that's it.
Speaker 7: It's a difference ever since Card Blade showed up. This guy has had been a heel.
Speaker 3: I do like card Juice. Card Juice is a nice addition to the group. No No Paper Champion. See what I did there. When it comes to Samoa Joe, who I would keep the R or the R o H, I would keep the AW World title on him forever. As it stands right now, we are going to have an appearance from him. We're going to hear from him his top two kid, two of the top contenders for his title, Hangman Out in Page and Swerve Strickland will also be wrestling. Swerve will russell Jeff Hardy because he is still in one piece after facing Darby Allen this past Friday, and Hangman Out in Page will wrestle Penthal Zero Meadeo. So there is that Any thoughts on the title scene or any of those matches.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I am a big fan of Hangman, Swerve, and Samoa Joe, all fighting to be the top star, the big man on campus, the top dog, the sweetest tooth, the most twisted metal, whatever you want to call it of AW. The more Samoa Joe the better, The more Hangman the better, the more Swerve the better. These guys have been great all of them for the past half a year, and I think that these are the three guys that should be in the title scene in AW.
Speaker 3: Right now, I agree one hundred percent. And I like magnum Ap. I like this new version of Hangman Page. Look, I know there's I get it with the millennial cowboy thing. I understand all of that stuff. Look, I believe that Hangman out in Page more than any other wrestler is the heart and soul of AAW When he gets right down to it, that guy is AW and everything that it represents, and he represents all of their fans, and I think he does a great job. It's still pro wrestling, and sometimes you still got to, like, you know, kick ass, and it's time for this guy to kick ass, especially basically being emasculated at the hands of Swerve Strickland. I mean, that's what happened with this whole deal with Swerve coming into his house and violating is his child and violating the home and all that sort of stuff. I mean, you know, and then to lose, to lose after drinking this dude's blood. Come on, Hangman out in Page needs to be a badass and rebuilding him into that will be go a long way. And frankly, I know everybody wants to see Penta spots and I don't hate Penta or anything like that. I don't love him as much as a lot of people do. But all that stuff, take the glove off. How about hang Man just punches him in the face. How about that? How about that? We don't need a fifty to fifty match between these two guys of Hangman out in page is going to be going for the title. Have him kick a lot of ass, because I swear I assume Swerve is gonna kick Harty's ass.
Speaker 7: I believe practically the punch to the face is illegal, so maybe that's why hang Man shouldn't do it. But you get one at least right.
Speaker 3: Exactly, it's like, you know, a fine he can take him and choke him for four seconds, pull him off, and then keep choking them and keep doing that until he's he's he's he's near he's near death, and then you can put him away with a Buckshot lariat or something like that. Wardlow faces off against Tramperetta. Probably gonna be a bad day for Trumperetta. He's going to get killed thunder Rosa against Red Velvet. I thought thunder Rosa looked great. I enjoyed the match with Queen Amannada on Saturday. I'm a thunder Rosa fan. I hope she can acclimate herself into the mix well, and I hope that they can figure out something to do with her here. But Thunder Rosa and Red Velvet looks like Velvet may take her second straight loss. Coming back Tom seems like they're going to probably do a.
Speaker 2: Lot of.
Speaker 3: Red Velvets, feels, at least right now, and we'll see how this match with Rosa goes. I think maybe she's going to be on a little bit of a losing streak here to kind of build her up and change her character.
Speaker 7: Seems to be a common theme that you can rely upon, and especially after I mean, it's not like she's a featured character week after week, but now she's been popping back up, been losing matches, So yeah, I would think there's some sort of character metamorphosis coming our way. Do we have anything announced with Tony Storm.
Speaker 6: We do.
Speaker 3: We're taking of character metamorphosis timeless. Tony Storm and Diana Parrazzo are going to have a face to face if you didn't see the programming from this weekend. Timeless Tony Storm has owned up to the fact that, yes, she does remember Deanna Parrazzo. Yes, does remember that she's a technical wizard, remembers their time in the Land of the Rising Sun. I don't remember Deanna being in stardom at the same time Tony does. But then again, my memories bad and all that stuff doesn't matter. But they did some They did some explain in there.
Speaker 7: I believe they did Russell like seven years ago to the day, maybe out of Parazzo's return.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You just had that one queued up you looking at cache.
Speaker 7: May it might have been for the SWA belt.
Speaker 3: Not sure, I'll be that is an amazing memory. The only thing I really remember from Tony Storm off the top of my head was the fact that she won the Princess Tournament, uh one of those years over there before she came back to the States. But yeah, Tony, Tony, Indiana Parazza will have a face to face and then and actually I don't know what order this is going in, but this is the last thing I have listed here. And then Sting and Darby Allen are going to speak I'm sure having a response for Matthew and Nicholas from last week.
Speaker 7: Tom, I'm sure we're heading towards the matchup that a lot of people are gonna complain about.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna grow your mustache out like that? Why don't you grow a mustache out? Hey, a little while since you had one.
Speaker 7: Vince McMahon's mustache is gone. So I was wondering, are the young bucks gonna follow suit?
Speaker 3: You need to bring back you need to bring back the damn the B seven mustache.
Speaker 7: I don't know too much Toxic Masculinity for me. You could tune in to the dance severed to Don Fry, Toxic Masculinity podcast found wherever, not.
Speaker 3: Here, found wherever you find Toxic Masculinity podcast. We'll be back resting conserved a lot.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Back on the show, Mike simper Vv, filthy, Tom Lawler here with you. I thought Tom was working me there towards the end of that last segment talking about Dan Severn and Don Fry and Toxic masculinity. But there is a Toxic Masculinity Podcast. Dan and Don's Toxic Masculinity Podcast, also known as Double D's in Your Face. That's what it says.
Speaker 7: We don't even put ourselves over. What are you doing putting over? Don Fry and Dan Severn.
Speaker 3: Here's why. Here's why, Tom, because we talk about your adventures, especially in the state of Ohio wrestling. Well, guess what on episode here that I have not heard of? Double D's in Your Face. Dan talks about recently doing some professional wrestling in Cincinnati and once being a bodyguard for Robin Quivers from the Howard Stern Show. The guys also talk about their strangest purchases, some of their best pickup lines, and give some dating advice. Oh boy, now I remember Don Fry appearing on the press Who Power Hour and scaring the crap out of me via phone.
Speaker 7: An there was an ask Don Fry segment. Sorry, yes, but on inside dating advice. All right, fine, I'm in.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to do a review of this that you know that may be the very first ever Wrestling Observer Live Patreon performance. Here is when we review Double D's in Your Face Don Fry and Dan Severn, there would be no talk of that on Wrestling Observer Radio with Dave and Bryan Tonight probably just talk about the NXT that we didn't talk about at all today and tonight's aew dynamite. Tom, do you have anything to say to our fine listeners before we get out of here?
Speaker 7: Thank you for spending the last hour with us.
Speaker 10: May God have mercy on your soul, for Producer John, for Producer Dom, and for all of us here.
Speaker 3: We shall talk to you again after a while.
Speaker 1: You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network