Speaker 1: Burton, Ernie were never this aggressive. It's one more thing, one more thing. And I think I've seen Edgar and Mosse Is it moss most I can't remember. It's this dude who goes around interviewing people with a puppet that's pretty muppety looking. And I couldn't decide whether to bring this to you because the visuals are fun. It's not that dog with the cigar from Conan, No, but it's it's a cousin the insult comic dog or whatever. Yeah, what what was the name of that dog?
Speaker 2: Triumph Triumph? Triumph?
Speaker 1: Triumph was so great? But anyway, this is a muppet looking puppet, and the visual of it is it will like mug for the camera and react to what the person is saying in a way. This is pretty damned amusing, So we're gonna miss that. But he was going around to asking people in DC specific about crime and policies about crime. And I've never been interviewed by a puppet, but the people took it fairly seriously. Michael will start with ninety and just roll on from there.
Speaker 3: Is fighting crime right wing? No, then how come so many blue cities are full of crime?
Speaker 2: I don't think in terms of blue and red.
Speaker 3: I do think in terms of racial groups. Do you feel safe in DC people who make that mistake of stealing and robbing and stuff. Should they be locked up longer? Oh? My god?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: DC is definitely not a very safe place if you use some common sense and avoid people who look obviously crazy. Oh has DC always been a crime written hellhole?
Speaker 2: Depends on how you're thinking of crime, not white collar.
Speaker 3: Crime, the bullety crime, the thefty crime, the one that gets politicians really mad. We have one for Hellhole.
Speaker 2: It's better than New Orleans.
Speaker 3: This is correct.
Speaker 2: I am always amazed by people who would rather, for ideologic ideology reasons, pretend that crime doesn't bother them or a problem, rather than admit it. I've noticed a lot of those people are people that have never been victims of a crime. Oh yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: The old joke, which is worth knowing, is that the definition of a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged. I heard that as a kid. Reality coming home to you changes people's attitudes a lot. You know, it's interesting because both Jack and I and Katie, I'm guessing you, to at least some extent, we're all a little bit introverted to a lot introverted, and none of us is particularly a joiner, you know, or I would loaner overstates it for me because I like hanging out with fellas and playing golf and stuff on a miss anthrope, right, and so like social approval. My need for social approval is so different, I'm guessing than somebody who would leap to sign on to some of these dumb ass ideas totally because the rest of the college students and all, what's that go.
Speaker 2: To a march? Ever, yeah, well exactly.
Speaker 1: No. Desperate for approval from other people, they will latch onto ideas in philosophies no matter how effing stupid and unworkable they are, and in spite of all the evidence that they're effing stupid and unworkable. But you're right, yeah, that is striking. No, don't lock them up longer. They're the victims. Hold on, a wise puppet.
Speaker 3: Here's the mayor doing a good job keeping crime down.
Speaker 2: She could do a better job with the youth.
Speaker 3: That's where a lot of the crime is coming from. Young kids, no fathers, lots of guns. Do we just have to basically adopt these kids? With them in boarding school twenty four to seven, twelve months a year and just reparent them till you have a successful generation that's not gonna put a cap in your ass.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's the right approach. Why not? I wish she had a gun violence prevention department?
Speaker 3: Aren't those the cops?
Speaker 2: Do you own a gent?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: Roll?
Speaker 3: If a guy named George helps put criminals back on the street to rape and murder again, should we A indict George, prosecute him, B pardon George or C give George the Presidential Medal of Freedom. I'm not a lawyer.
Speaker 2: We should indict George.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sorry, but Joe Biden chose Joyce. C. Yeah, George Sorows, with his revolving door policies for the das that he puts in office, has put one criminal after another back on the streets.
Speaker 2: Debaly should not be talking to you.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't we just like change how we vote so they'd not put back on the streets so readily.
Speaker 2: I don't know how readily they're putting on the street.
Speaker 3: Have I got a story for you, my dear, Well, I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 1: That's wow geez, no comment required. I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: I dare you enlighten yourself. That is a poster child right there, and they're talking to a dog puppet. No, he's not a dog.
Speaker 1: He's just a puppet.
Speaker 2: Big fan of a puppet that says, pop a cap in your wrass? What he say?
Speaker 1: He's a muppet looking puppet.
Speaker 2: Okay, just not a particular animal, just a puppet. He's humanoid. Oh okay, so practically like a mannequin.
Speaker 1: Except that he looks like Ernie from Sesame Street. He sounds fun. He does sound fun.
Speaker 2: Final clip What.
Speaker 3: Best describes Democratic crime policy. He hugs for thugs, be no crime left behind or see in and out murder. Biden commuted the death sentence of a child rapist and murderer. Seventy five percent of the Democratic House voted not to deport migrants for sex offenses. New York City cops let a woman burn to death in the subway. Ellie's on fire due to mismanagement. Safer Republicans or Democrats?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think Democrats are safer.
Speaker 1: The laugh of the maniac there.
Speaker 2: Do you think he gets better answers out of people by being a puppet than he would if he maybe gets them to stop and they otherwise wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they don't see they don't get their defenses up.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's interesting until he hits them with the actual questions.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: I'd be more likely to stop and talk to a puppet than like a guy with a microphone. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I would too, that's weird icturing it. A guy out with a microphone says, excuse me, could I ask you a up of questions? Actually I might. I might go ahead. But the guy if a puppet.
Speaker 2: He's attached to a guy.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I don't know how you if you understand how puppets.
Speaker 2: Were what ye right?
Speaker 1: Up his heiny, I might be so amused. Yeah, I'd be more likely. I'd think, what the hell? This will be nutty at the very least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say to the puppet, why are you suitcasing a dude?
Speaker 1: Well, a small part of a dude. I can see the dude. So you've undergone the pain and the anguish for nothing.
Speaker 2: You don't know what's pain and anguish.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, it's their own Huh.
Speaker 2: How would you like our boss, he's a puppet.
Speaker 1: Every time we went into his meetings and just had to talk to the puppet.
Speaker 2: That's more entertaining. Yeah, exactly. We've had a couple of bosses.
Speaker 1: I had begged for that anything, but what it was, well, I guess that's it.