Speaker 1: Luke Thomas.
Speaker 2: I'm Brian Campbell.
Speaker 1: This is Morning Combat.
Speaker 3: Balls Bonanza February February February.
Speaker 2: Which part of this massive globe we live in, Luke, would you say the most hardcore combat sports fans and the most passionate MK listeners put together?
Speaker 1: Luke could maybe argue Brazil. I'm gonna say the UK.
Speaker 2: The UK is on fire right now in all things combat sports.
Speaker 4: This is MK going to the UK headlining a pod festival.
Speaker 2: This is the one Balls Bonanza, your favorite combat show. If it ain't this morning, love me No, this is a great talk show. I've never been to London, England, the UK any of that.
Speaker 5: Virgin trip for Brian Campbell here.
Speaker 2: I don't know the liquor laws in that area, Luca, but I hope will be.
Speaker 1: He's Marvaritayan Campbell.
Speaker 2: Let's let lose. I've fired the hell up.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna murder them all over this place.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, ladies and gentlemen, it is now time for the main event.
Speaker 6: First to the stage.
Speaker 5: Born in India, but this mountain of a man hails from the capital of the United States of America, Washington, d C. He is known as Professor Saltan pepper master orator perpetually loaded up on caffeine and Delta as Please welcome the real Lt.
Speaker 6: Luke Thomas.
Speaker 5: And now getting the red Quarter treatment today his editorial partner and co host, a man who has dared to be great and succeeded testosteral levels falling, yet he remained steadfast and referred to himself as the American outfum It is.
Speaker 2: The King of Connecticut.
Speaker 7: Folks, Brian Campbell, Happy Insurrection Eve everybody.
Speaker 2: As you look back at the high point of this editorial marriage the London Live Show. Shout out to John Anak for that intro. Welcome into Morning Combat Live and Direct here from the Metal Arts Studios in Manhattan, Monday, January fifth, twenty twenty six. Happy New Year to you all, and of course this is BC Brian Campbell, my final episode after six and a half years of partnering with this man, Luke Thomas to create the best damn combat sports show period. Folk and Luke, you know, if there's one thing we learned from Erica Kirk, it's that everyone grieves differently, so we've chosen to I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna grieve like a motherfucker today.
Speaker 2: We've chosen to grieve with laughs today for my final episode. This will be the last time that we appear on camera together. We're talk that we're friendship, but I'm going deeper into my relationship with CBS Sports paramounts. So thank you everybody for the love. Thank you Luke for nearly seven great years. Hopefully today we can spread a little bit more joy, have fun because there ain't nothing going on the combat calendar at the moment.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're my wife and now you're leaving me. I'm about to be divorced, but it turns out I get to keep the kids, so okay, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Get the Springsteen records and all right, there you go with that one.
Speaker 1: Well, we got programming feed, but now I can hear the TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if we can just turn this volume down, we're gonna have a lot of fun with you today. We're gonna play some classic segments of old and MK history, a little fill in the blank, little chatois. We'll give out the twenty twenty five Donk.
Speaker 1: Of the Year Award.
Speaker 2: We'll see a little bit of a.
Speaker 1: Tribute and I'll be honest, I barely read the runw.
Speaker 2: What a way to finish just like we started, and Luke, you know, just like growing up with Cinemax, this will be a big finish for us Night Eyes starring Shannon Sweet. Thank you very much. I hope you guys are all doing well out there. You can like the show, you can subscribe, you can follow our YouTube channels there and of course if you don't know now, you do know Dana White and company that while this is my final episode, this is not the end of Morning Combat.
Speaker 1: Luke.
Speaker 2: There's still only so much you can talk about. But could you reiterate to the viewers that MK will live.
Speaker 4: People probably have a lot of questions considering this is the as you unicated the last run in the iteration of the show, what I can say is everything is being locked into place. You're going to get some announcements this week about the road ahead, so stay tuned literally this week this week week some big announcements. But you might have said, well, why didn't you have them today? It's because we didn't want to. We want to have it in a different way. Also, I should say, can I tell them?
Speaker 1: I guess I have to. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So here's how this is gonna go. We're gonna have a great time today. It's gonna be a lot of fun. I'm gonna go take a trip down memory lane.
Speaker 2: Where did the final ever batch? I have you seen this ship with me?
Speaker 1: So they're gonna have a big maybe not the actually maybe not the final one of those either.
Speaker 2: You know that I'm into that.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm back, you know on the occasion. What I'm gonna say is no show Friday. There's no show Friday. We're gonna start fresh with the new MK on Monday.
Speaker 1: So next Monday, wonderful.
Speaker 2: I look forward to it as a fan of the show for a long time.
Speaker 1: Luke.
Speaker 2: It was a July post July fourth weekend of the summer of twenty nine.
Speaker 1: I think I think it was it was a John Jones fight.
Speaker 2: If I'm it was a John Jones Chagos us Antos Maheta, maybe.
Speaker 1: That one was.
Speaker 8: Ifw that checks out, then that's.
Speaker 1: Probably that one.
Speaker 2: And that was it when we started our relationship. Now we end it just as the transition happens here for the UFC from ESPN to CBS Sports and paramounts.
Speaker 1: So do you go through the Paramount plus library?
Speaker 2: By the way, I have not yet, but I've heard great things.
Speaker 4: So what I would say is from what's there, they've got it organized and I think pretty interesting ways. It's very searched. The search functionality is pretty good. There are some missing pieces. There are certain fights or fighters parts of their careers that were not necessarily complete, and it wasn't for I had trouble finding.
Speaker 1: Was it Leono Machido? It was somebody from the from the two.
Speaker 4: Thousands, uh, some Brazilian fighter from there from that era. Anyway, what I'm trying to make is so I think they're still getting all the screws tightened, but what's there is well presented, should.
Speaker 2: Be exciting stuff in the in the new Dawn, the new era here, and of course we will also have today a final batch of fan subs from this era. After those go, look, you can have the floor.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling? How are you feeling, Brian Campbell?
Speaker 2: You know, as I as we talked about, as I said when we made the announcement initially, you know, it's bettersweet. I have mixed emotions. You know, It's like, I'm super excited about the advancement of my career, the you know, financial opportunities that this change does going even deeper with my great company there, CBS Sports Paramount. But obviously what we built means more to me than pretty much anything I've ever done in my career, maybe outside of I mean, you know, I love boxing broadcasting. That's sort of my uh my boyhood dream come true. But what we built together is what I'm most proud of. So it's it's obviously sad to speak at my own funeral, so to speak there and eulogize myself.
Speaker 1: This is less your funeral and more your eviction. That's the way my.
Speaker 2: Graduation, Okay, my graduation there. So you know I brought out the drug rug for historical reasons, the one love Bob Marley, middle aged.
Speaker 1: Oh you brought all your props?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because look what was the show premise wise to wash dads getting together? A boxing guy, a mixed martial arts guy, a straight guy anti straight. I guess that joke does Mark's Crickets twenty five.
Speaker 8: I was literally having a conversation.
Speaker 2: I'm we got through a pandemic together. We've done a few different things. You may have heard that voice right there. We may intro him one final time, or at least for me. He is a producer, director, bong enthusiast a podcast during his own right with the Mad Card Minute and the Fantastic prop Quiz Show, and of course got a one way ticket into life by way of a horned up ausy ball bag. Yes it's Long Island Luke. No Seda in the house.
Speaker 8: What's up, boys, I'm excited for today's show. You know, a little bittersweet, but should be a fun one. So okay, looking forward.
Speaker 2: I mean Along Island Luke, you know, I mean, we're gonna probably do a lot of tributes today. But I have to say this to you, Long Island Luke. Don't take this as disrespect, but you were like another Malca Donk back in the day, right. You did good work on our show, but like you were another guy in the back room of this new era, of this post showtime sports, CBS sports era. The way that you have stepped up, stepped in, filled in gaps, created your own voice, elevated this program. It's been an absolute pleasure to partner with you, and I'm really proud of what you've added to this, what you're doing on your own and the role you'll play in MK moving forward.
Speaker 8: So thank you, brother. I appreciate that I'm glad you guys don't think of me as just another j Aaron, So there you go. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the microphones usually work when you're here, that's the big Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well people bitch about this microphone all the time.
Speaker 2: So you know, we'll see, we'll see. We'll see about that one right there. All right, so we're getting I think all the tech issues are figured out now, I mean, how do you feel about it? That's that's a that's a fair throwback to you.
Speaker 1: You know what, man, I've had I don't I don't know. I wonder what I was going to say today because I wasn't really sure. You know, I'm still not sure what I want.
Speaker 2: To say because while this is good news for my kids and my career and all this stuff, like, I'm not gonna lie, I got I got feels, you.
Speaker 1: Know, of course, no, it's I will tell you, man.
Speaker 4: Like the first thing I'm going to say is, today is absolutely not a day that I'm prepared to feel bad.
Speaker 1: Just not going to happen. I'm sorry. And that's in part because of.
Speaker 4: The occasion and in part because there's been a lot of days where I've had some you know, uh, since the death of Showtime, a lot of sleepless nights about what was going to happen. And you know, the reality is, we see some of my fears came true, but some of my some of my hopes came true as well. Was there was there was a bit of a mix there.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have to say this era last two years in its own way, it's been unique, it's been fun. I think we've done some things really well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's I couldn't have said it better than that, but I think it's the one thing I've kind of come around to at age forty six for me personally, Everyone's got their own way of looking at it.
Speaker 1: But dude, I mean, and we live in a world where things end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, things end, and they end sometimes when you least expect it, sometimes when you most sometimes when you're ready, sometimes when you're not.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're sucking on chili dogs.
Speaker 1: Around the taste ye ahead, you know what I'm saying. No one really eats chili dogs that way. It's a weird fucking rhyme. Whoever's each chili dogs?
Speaker 2: But the whole point of that song is, oh, yeah, life goes on.
Speaker 4: I just I'm trying to become I'm trying to live in a place be seen. I think, honestly, I really believe I'm here is to just understand things will end, and how you treat the end of things will define how you begin the next one.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: That is deep.
Speaker 2: There's some wisdom there, so it's profound.
Speaker 1: I like that. Also, you're just fucking weird, and I'm glad you're gone.
Speaker 2: How about that? Well, thank you everybody that has watched. While Luke was way on vacation, He's safe from Colombia. The bonus episodes we filmed, looking back at the documentaries that was lastly, those made me sad those days.
Speaker 1: It made me sad to the whole rest of the day. My wife is like, why are you in a fucking bad mood on vacation And I'm like, well, I was looking at the weigh ins that we hosted on Showtime and I thought that was nice.
Speaker 2: Well, I did our opening segment today. I did build it around this idea of let's let's talk about what the show meant to us, what it meant to the industry. You know, we've done a lot of I mean, dude, we came in pre pandemic guns Blazon, and I think we were one of the real true leaders of the pandemic of hitting the road hard and transitioning to doing it from home and keeping trying to keep our paychecks in the sport afloat while.
Speaker 1: While we were going through it. Let me say two things.
Speaker 4: One, this show punched above its weight and it kind of punched the industry in the mouth a little bit in ways I don't think anyone expected.
Speaker 1: And I'm pretty proud of that. I'm sure you are as well.
Speaker 4: What I would also say is we have to thank Brian Daily because so just consider I mean, I know you're obviously going on your own direction, obviously the whole reason for the season here, but when this was just a showtime property, Brian Daly was behind it, when it was a showtime CBS property. Brian Daly was behind it, when it was a non showtime, non CBS. Now obviously the new company all the smoke property.
Speaker 2: He was behind me captain that transition, which was not easy.
Speaker 1: Not easy to do at all.
Speaker 4: And then and then now that you're going on to other things, still believing in the show and still wanted to put it out there. So we really have to take a moment and just like we quite literally, this would not exist but for him, and.
Speaker 2: He believed in it and he still believes in it, and Karen Portany at CBS Sports was a big part of that. Of course we didn't get that influx of that CBS Sports money, we wouldn't have ever gone to.
Speaker 1: The levels simply, no, no question. Shouts to Kieran, who, by the way, every time I text him this is true, he goes, who is this?
Speaker 2: You two both have Columbian I was this is a true story.
Speaker 4: I was on the Magdalena River, which is one of the big rivers there, and he and I had had a conversation about he had sailed on it or something he had been expensive.
Speaker 1: So I was on it.
Speaker 4: I took a picture of it and I sent it to him and he literally responded with who is this? And then when he was asked when I told.
Speaker 1: Him who was new phone?
Speaker 2: Who is Yeah. So we're gonna have a lot of fun today. Thank you to everybody who but I haven't seen them, but I've heard great things of the people who sending tribute videos. Will close the show with that as well. Oh we got your fans hops like I mentioned, So we're gonna have a good time. We're gonna rock and roll a little bit.
Speaker 1: Don't take too long. I'm gonna have to take a dump.
Speaker 2: That is, No, we should probably get Long Island, Luke warmed up in the bullpen.
Speaker 1: We we should.
Speaker 2: We should probably take a shot of the tequila that invented tequila to close out our era.
Speaker 1: We're doing that now.
Speaker 2: I would no now at the end of the show with you, Okay, all right, yeah, sure, unless you're willing to just drink the whole show. I mean, you know, I mean, I'm how many chemicals are you willing to put in your body?
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm a walking CVS and liquor store, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all right, our first segment of the day, we had nothing to do, so we had to fill it today. So I went back into the BC bag of tricks and created an Oldie Buck Goodie. This is an MK themed version. Do we even have an intro here of fill in the blank?
Speaker 1: Just that bullshit?
Speaker 2: Ask tra than nothing better than.
Speaker 1: Nothing but some sound effects on that peasant?
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, I've got ten questions for Luke Thomas where he needs to fill in the blank. We're gonna get honest about our history here of MK. What we've accomplished, what we didn't.
Speaker 1: Is this like the Newlywed game or some shit.
Speaker 2: This is more of a this is your MK life. Maybe I don't know. We got question number one, Luke Thomas, here we go and I'll answer to as well. The moment you first realized Morning Combat might be a success was blank. And to recap, we launch in July of twenty nineteen on Showtime only, Mondays only, and then pandemic starts. But it was the springtime of the pandemic twenty twenty that you get added to CBS Sports. We suddenly go to three times a week and we go to that next level. When was the moment where you said to yourself this experiment it might have a future.
Speaker 1: There were a few of them, for sure.
Speaker 4: Obviously when Kieran first called and offered the job at CBS, that was a big one.
Speaker 1: But if I'll be honest with you, dude, I mean I believed in the concept from the word go.
Speaker 2: I so because the summer of twenty eighteen, I made my debut on the MMA beat when you were hosting Chuck Middenhall got me in the family and basically for a year I made sporadic appearances and we built this chemistry which became legendary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what I would say is, to be honest with you, dude, I believed in the concept from the from day one when we took it to Brian Daily. Like at the time, we were solving a very different problem. So at the time, there really wasn't robust Monday morning program. I mean, which Monday was obviously now with the stuff being live going post fight and even Sundays, even the earlier you can go the better, but Monday still holds a relevant role as like a news window. And at the time the problem we were solving was for that relevant morning Monday news cycle, there wasn't a kind of robust show that was doing a semipti kind of.
Speaker 2: Thing and people have to wake up and remember this is just pre zoom. Now everybody can do their own show them.
Speaker 1: It's a different technological world.
Speaker 4: You could go live, but it didn't mean the same thing at that time, and so the thought was we could solve that problem and you know, building on, you know, making a kind of real produced almost studio show but for MMA, but for people who are not shitty at it, you know, at least in theory.
Speaker 1: And then of course showtime was like, well.
Speaker 4: Let's get in the boxing, and I thought, well, hell, we can just turn that into covering all the big fights. What I'm trying to tell you is, dude, I had Honestly, the whole reason why I did this is because I was like, Dude, I know this will work. I know this will work, and I felt good about our partnership, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Even though in the beginning the MMA world, which hadn't fully uh met me or or or welcomed me, We're like, look, what the hell are you doing.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't care about any of that. And here's the reality, dude. You know you over delivered. Thank you, you over delivered. I mean, I wanted to mother fucking kill you when you played that David Hasselhoff video, but it some mountaintop moment I wanted to, I wanted to reach that mother, I wanted to.
Speaker 1: I was so fucking mad at you. However, however, uh, dude, you fucking over delivered.
Speaker 4: So like I mean, you're trying to point to like, oh, there was this moment and I realized, Wow, if you didn't feel that way.
Speaker 1: I don't. It doesn't mean that I don't care at all.
Speaker 4: Like everyone, it's not like I doubt anything at this point, but for me, I felt I was like, dude, I can see what is missing, let's do it. But now we live in a world where that whole, like the premise of that has kind of changed, and we're trying to show has to adapt along with it.
Speaker 2: So I never doubted the chemistry. Look, you know this from working in this industry, industry, from doing a lot of podcast shows. When you can find a true chemistry with somebody, you you you know you you going on to that. I've had true chemistry with Ray Bartholome, my great boxing podcast friend, longtime great friend Peter Rosenberg when we did a wrestling podcast together, and Luke Thomas, and I mean true chemistry, right, I've done good things with other people, but where you're just like, oh my god. I knew there was something this first second we did have a may beat together. When this suddenly escalated into why don't we try to do a show together? I knew it could be entertaining. But there's a difference between being entertaining and being financially relevant where a company invests in you, and then there's a difference between that and staying power, where they're saying like, you're bringing back enough revenue to make it worth it. So even in the beginning when we're putting out edgy, fun content, fresh content, I know it's great. I've also been a part of things that get canceled.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It wasn't until I was in Vegas for Connor McGregor versus Cowboy Seroni early twenty twenty. I get the call from from Keran port Leaf CBS Sports, Hey, what do you think should we hire this Luke Thomas guy? And I'm like, what should we have?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Should we hire the Sky full time on CBS and take the show to the next level? And I'm just that's the moment where I'm like, oh my god, this you know, showtime. We had the backing, but it's still one show week. Will it ever escalate?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: That was the moment where I thought, oh wow, oh wow. But then the pandemic hits and I thought the pandemic killed it. It wasn't until I get a second phone call from Karen later that spring when it's like, Okay, we're going to do this now wow. So it's it's wild how that works out that way. It took a lot of believing along the way, but I never doubted that if we had the backing, that this show couldn't be like, well, I we'll get into that more as we go. That's question number one. Question number two, Luke, looking back on six and a half years of this show, Blank, and there's a lot of we're self jerking. There's a master each other here? Blank. Is the biggest regret you have regarding him?
Speaker 1: Oh God, Jesus fuck wow, I can I jump in here?
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to say when I cut myself off. The only regret I have is that we never reached our true peak we had with that showtime budget and CBS paying your salary, where we were able to do almost whatever we wanted. But I always knew this could be a daily TV show, This could be a PTI around the Horn daily institution where yeah, it's combat sports, but it's more than that. We never quite got there. I used to make that line MK all day, nearly every day because we were close do we were live three days a week, and we had all the bonus stuff going around.
Speaker 1: We could with the right opportunity we could have done.
Speaker 4: I want to be clear, We've been given every opportunity that was available, Like we got treated super well, just saying in an ideal and we can only.
Speaker 2: Produce so many clicks. I mean, we've got a great audience, we did a lot of great things, but you can only do so.
Speaker 1: Much, dude. I did five days a week on the Serious XM. I did fifteen hours of radio a fucking week. You know what I mean? Like it can be done?
Speaker 2: Is your answer to this? You regret Showtime Sports dying an early death that we didn't see.
Speaker 4: Coming that was devastating for me, ended up being very, very devastating. You know what, Here's the truth, man, And I've had this conversation with you. Part of the reason why I feel like I mean, there's many reasons why I feel like me seeing I worked out well, but a big one was I you know, you can speak for yourself, but for me, I just never ever had to work. I never had to question your commitment. I said this to you, I'm never There's not one day I've ever been like, I don't know if he's committed to him, K Like I just took it like it was gravity, like it'll just be there when I walk outside, you know, And I think that made it, That made it work. So it's like for me, dude, I don't you know, I don't feel like I didn't try hard. Yeah, so my concerns are less about that kind of a thing. Honestly, one of my biggest regrets be Dead series with you. I really wanted to do more with High Court.
Speaker 1: I really want to. And by the way, there is a world where that can still happen. It's not impossible.
Speaker 2: I wanted room service diaries, our interview version to be a weekly thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah I know you did, I know you didn't would actually end up being just logistically too challenging.
Speaker 1: But but yes, that is a thing that I think about.
Speaker 4: I think High Court and I still and I still think something either that or something like it can absolutely fucking kill.
Speaker 2: I do believe that we never even scripted that or did any preparation. That was literally just just how they can.
Speaker 1: Dress us up like jerk offs and let us get Chuck figured.
Speaker 2: Out his role well. Question number three, above all else blank is the biggest reason why MK resonated.
Speaker 1: With favor oh Man Above all else.
Speaker 2: It is it the honesty we called people out.
Speaker 1: I do think so.
Speaker 4: I think that one of the reasons why at times I have wanted to bury a hatchet into your brain is because you have made me live on camera in ways that I wasn't prepared for, you know, and in ways that to this day I'm not sure is great. However, I don't regret necessarily. It's not what I'm saying, but I think in along the way people if you're on, if you're do it long enough, people see you live your life, and I think that can humanize you a little bit over time. And I think I'm not saying that's the reason. I don't know what the reason is, but I think that played a big one for me. If you feel different, I mean no, no, I mean we were real.
Speaker 2: We told the truth. We showed our real selves. For the most part, we played up in a pro wrestling way, our our sort of default characters of of you know, goofy guy, serious guy, MMA guy, boxing guy. But we told the truth and we had real chemistry, and it became apparent once we tried the original Room Service diaries that like, combat is our subject, but we could talk about anything, and that's rare that you can get to people together that can just talk about anything.
Speaker 4: I feel like also to for a again for a produced show in the Showtime Sports Backing CBS. We were one of the first shows that I thought, could you know, at least when we did our homework anyway, it could competently do mma and boxing. Yeah, you see that a lot more commonly now.
Speaker 2: I always wanted to launch an idea and was told every single time that never.
Speaker 1: Were supposed to work. That's an issue, work issue.
Speaker 2: And it's it's become almost mainstream now.
Speaker 4: And the truth is, I don't think the show succeeds because of that necessarily. I think it's an interesting feature about it. It's because the other stuff worked that it gave us permission to do some of the other Well.
Speaker 2: I think it's key that a.
Speaker 4: People are gonna watch the show and be like, look at these two absolute ball lickers of each other.
Speaker 2: That's what we're doing. Do I have a white belt mma knowledge even to this day to some people, for sure? But you gave me the room to speak. You didn't, you know what I mean? You challenge my my takes, but you gave me the room to speak. And on the flip side. You stepped up in boxing. You know you had covered it through the years, but when it was time to go all in with our showtime relationship, you want regret, and you swam in the deep end, dude, like you were.
Speaker 1: I have a big regret about that.
Speaker 4: I definitely tried, but I feel like I have a lot more work to do to get good at that, and I wish I had a little more time to do that, so that that's a bit of a challenge.
Speaker 1: That's actually you stepped up thanks it.
Speaker 4: It's easier to get good at MMA knowledge only because the sports only been around it's basically ninety three, and the first part of that even now is not a thing we discussed more and more recently, whereas boxing history is so fucking.
Speaker 1: Significant and there's so many new little nuances to it. It is hard. It is tough. Actually, I have deep respect for people wh can cover boxing competently. It's not easy.
Speaker 2: And finally, why we resonated, and this is why the Showtime sided of it from the beginning is so important. They never stopped us from being edgy. In fact, there were many times where we'd close the episode and I'd be like, oh crap, we probably went too far, and they'd be like, no, not far enough, keep doing that. You know, if we didn't have that backing, even through the CBS era, it was almost like, okay, you're a Showtime.
Speaker 4: We somehow convinced the people who paid us to also believe that our mission was to never be told what to say, and they went along with it. I cannot explain to you how incredibly rare that not just now at any point in my like you just that just doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: Did we go too far to times? Obviously?
Speaker 1: Of course I got a few phone calls along.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were Note eleven fans, but we went to ri ip Dale scene. Question number four if now, no, not everybody knows this is that it started on Showtime. It almost started on MMA fighting dot Com, where we were doing the MMA beat together. So if MK had launched on MMAAF in twenty nineteen as originally planned, the show would have lasted blank amount of years three or less, would have been MMA only three or less something like that, Okay.
Speaker 1: Which isn't to say it couldn't have.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, I mean maybe that's not true, right, I can't I can't speak for MMA Fighting or Fox Video's editorial priorities.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I would say though that, you know, that's not fair. I kind of retract my answer there a little bit. There could have been a world where that could have gone on much longer and looked very differently and been very differently. I think that's kind of the first thing. It's just how different it would have been. You know, again, maybe more of someone's cup of tea, but just different. And then two BC, I think it's fair to say there was a certain kind of Showtime magic that I don't want to deny the people and the company who helped ignore that flame.
Speaker 2: I think that creativity, the willingness a lot of things, and.
Speaker 1: Also the credit card was fucking nice.
Speaker 2: It was all right, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna pull back the curtain here, hope not too far. For question number five. Fans likely don't know this, but MK came blank close after a Showtime Sports ended to becoming a TV show filmed in Washington, d C. In twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: I mean extremely extremely that one.
Speaker 2: They were gonna find me every episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one, that was cool. That one broke my heart a little bit.
Speaker 2: That was like the one yard line.
Speaker 10: That was.
Speaker 1: Oh man, yeah, yeah, that was the answer. That is yes, that was really really close.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, I'm very happy by the way how we how we rebound and the end of.
Speaker 4: Like I said, there's a million ways it could have gone, it went the way it went, and I'm happy with it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Number six, I don't need a Luke Thomas answer. I need a real answer. The three donks are most deserving of being first ballot MK Hall of Famers are no, no, Luke Thomas, give me the ten best. Give me the three who are most deserving in your eyes first ballot MK, Hall of Famers.
Speaker 4: I feel like we gotta say j Piqutt the guy's passionate. I will say this, this is not three two one one two three. I'll give you three, but not in any Jpkatt for sure. Man, who can start naming some of your short list?
Speaker 2: Average Joe Romero, that's my guy?
Speaker 1: Fuck?
Speaker 2: How could I get you went from fan to to you know, merch creator?
Speaker 1: Okay, so he has to be on that list, yes, man, the coveted number three. Here's the problem, right, there's.
Speaker 4: People will be kind of know in real life and then there's people who are just digital to us, but they're been there from start to finish, but they rally every fucking time, you know. Tempted to say, people like lazy.
Speaker 2: Bed like I mean, yeah, like Ellen, w tell them you know what, you know, I don't know, probably.
Speaker 1: Maybe those three I go, I mean.
Speaker 2: Shout out to webscream too. You know, you know what if they frame the first dollar for saying, you know, it can't have to be just it's not easy, all right? Question number seven? If Showtime Sports hadn't died and CBS had never pulled the ripcord on MK and the close of twenty three m K would be right.
Speaker 4: Now, righting. Yeah, I mean, here's the reality that I think we all have to face. And I know there's some debate over this obviously, and I'm not in any way trying to have a combative answer. I'm trying to be as like truthful about how I see things. I don't think it is unfair to look around and say, certainly t KO and the UFC are making incredible amounts of money, this new paramount deal is beyond lucrative, and so there's no question about, at a bare minimum, the financial health of that company. But I do think that the MMA industry has contracted a little bit relative to a peak maybe circle twenty nineteen or so. I mean, you could even say maybe a little later, depending on how you want to measure the pandemic.
Speaker 1: But you get the idea.
Speaker 4: And I think all shows would have had that same challenge and m K would have been no different. But I think we had I'll just I think we had a winning formula.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with that show time budget that would have kept us maybe nice, just enough to like the side of the company where we still could have yeah, hold some truths without you never know, but hey, it went the way it went, and that's what we were there when we had an opportunity.
Speaker 1: I forget about it.
Speaker 2: Let's go later on Number eight. Blank was the hardest Luke Thomas has ever left during six and a half years of.
Speaker 4: Him has to be expired food or no, no, no, sorry, not expired. The Chewbacco Yeah, the troop doll with the Chewbacco one.
Speaker 2: That's the same sit down right, that was vague, So the.
Speaker 4: Chewbacco one and then the one where it's like what's your favorite discontinue?
Speaker 2: Yes, that was that was that you're right, you know what, I wouldn't have come up with that and for the first ten answers, but that might be the answer that.
Speaker 1: That RSD to me is my face, it's the one I remember the most.
Speaker 2: That was when you had the lamest hotel room of all time at the New York New York where you open the window and all you see are like the air conditioners and the wall that was that was great.
Speaker 1: Was the exact same view I had in Cleveland.
Speaker 4: I opened up my window and I was literally like there was like i was down a level like in the ground, so I'm looking at like just pure cement with a fucking you know, hvac un and then up there was just the bus stop.
Speaker 2: When I was like, yeah, and you were sober for that RSD.
Speaker 1: So that's you know, that's that's a choice. Would ever be sober in Cleveland?
Speaker 2: Uh No, I'm talking about the RST with the discontinued food. I mean that may have been the most non sober you ever were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't that was I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Think of it. But there was one There was one specific pregame preview where you you were not ready for prime time.
Speaker 1: It was we shot it in the studio and we were in the studio or like on the on the roof.
Speaker 2: No, in the studio and we went for like the mic check and you couldn't form a sentence and you were supposed to host that day.
Speaker 1: I was like, it slept maybe like three hours or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, we might have to walk this guy through this one. All right, let's go to number nine of this masturbation experiment. The best way to describe the impact MK has had on combat sports journalism is like.
Speaker 4: I don't think it has no impact at all. You're saying, no, I think we're I don't. I think it's silly to make an assumption like that.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: I think that what you can to the extent that we are not here encumbered by the same kinds of conflicts of interest that limit useful discussion in the industry. Yeah, sure we have a leg up, but that's it.
Speaker 2: You don't think we brought levity to it. You don't think we I think.
Speaker 4: We brought stuff to the show. You're talking about how we influenced other shows.
Speaker 1: I think we.
Speaker 2: Transition the period between a more serious, more traditional coverage of mixed martial arts to what it is now where every fighter has their own YouTube channel, there's a lot of goofy content, there's a lot of you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I think, I think that that kind of stuff would have happened no matter what. We might have been the people who ushered in that transition era or whatever, But that would have happened no matter what. And I don't think that the show needs to be like however you feel about it. It doesn't have to do everything like there's some things that doesn't do and I don't.
Speaker 2: Think I'll tell you what it did though for us he had a lot of money. Yeah, he had us a lot of money.
Speaker 1: All right, we did all right.
Speaker 2: Finally, Luke, fan's been waiting for this answer for years. I think we're gonna finally get it today. This is me Returt opening the curtain. Don't get upset, Luke. Just to answer it straight up. After you appeared on his podcast in twenty nineteen and never mentioned Morning Combat or my name once, Joe Rogan after the microphones went off, said blank to you the million dollar question. Finally, finally we get the answer, I think, or do we.
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 1: I want this headache?
Speaker 2: You don't have to answer, no, did he ask you out?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: I need peace of my fucking life. No, no, okay, not right. I can't do this right now. Let me tell you something. Over the break, it was nice to have a break. I didn't.
Speaker 4: I uploaded one video with the like the first Monday I think I was there in Columbia after or maybe it's a Sunday after the Jake Paul fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but are you talking about did he?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, that was an interview I did with a music journalist. It's a different one and that was prerecorded long before that. That was we just put that out. Did he do it? He did? He is certainly a bad guy. Know exactly what what the fun was I talking about?
Speaker 2: You were talking about Rogan?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I cannot do this. I said to myself, No, no, it didn't.
Speaker 4: The last thing I was gonna say is I made a commitment to myself on this on this vacation, that.
Speaker 1: I need to prioritize my health in the new year in a way I don't think I have. So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're allowed to heal, You're allowed to be happy here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think it's important.
Speaker 2: All right. That was segment number one, thank you for playing Phil in the blank. We did an award show that we filmed in between our doncumentary look Back, So I hope you saw that. Looking back at twenty five kind of looking ahead to twenty six. We forgot one very very important award and it's to honor our loyalist of hardcore Day one, Pea One's whatever you want to call them. Luke, the people that are obviously in this not for the takes the MMA. They're in it to one day harvest organs right like the THEO.
Speaker 1: They want us to eat their seamen films.
Speaker 2: All right. Uh, your nominees for twoenty twenty five Morning Combat Donk of the Year are future UFC bandamwait, Christian Daguero, Espresso Cannabis, who was so nice to outfit today's episode? Look Uh, Saoul from Louisville. Shout out Telvin Ky Poppa Fellow, Owatin Mahalo.
Speaker 1: Dazz on that ass give you mother, it was a blast in the past.
Speaker 2: And shout out to England's finest lazy bed and mem is that wait that's England? No, No, the other guy's from England, but lazy Beds from the JBR.
Speaker 8: Crew, right yeah, he's from Ohio.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking of Danger Anger, but I did I was thinking of lazy Bet. He got the nominee. Here shout out to the Sandine as well and the JBR crew. And your winner is.
Speaker 1: Oh, so look at this dot donk you got you sent us Ai video of him rapping. Yes, look at this reprobate That.
Speaker 2: Was from my live chat where he phoned in live while he was cleaning gutters roof. Yeah, it was a classic moment there, Luke, how would you describe a congratulations Well, you have been a Day one guy with us as you look back at the Donk of the years over the years web scream in twenty twenty Amy and the Donk who they say he's not incarcerated, say he's still around in Stockton, California twenty twenty two. Who could forget the JP and Appy stand off that we didn't get to come because the showtime people wouldn't let me actually let them fight on stage in London to see who was the real Longk of the Year. You know, I mean, I'm like boxing gloves, let's get it.
Speaker 1: I forgot Why did they do that?
Speaker 2: I think they were afraid that Appy was going to show his piece or something. I mean pretty fair. They had they had a right, they had a right. Yeah, the fans last the year before. Thank you so much, Luke. How would you describe the passion that sail A from Louis Phille brings to this program.
Speaker 4: He is a fan in a way even I don't understand. I don't he is a fan of us, and I don't know if I'm a fan of anything that much.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, Like no, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I'm sorry, I'm saying that he like he has he has automatic fandoms.
Speaker 1: Of our merchant.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: It's automatic. I am beyond impressed and frankly humbled by it. I mean I'm being serious form moment. There's been a lot of humbling moments. Yeah, And I feel like when people like what you do, like that, it's jar at first, you know.
Speaker 2: I love that song will it takes us everywhere he goes. He's great on fans ups because he's like, oh yeah, I went on to a concert the other night and I wore three pairs of clothing.
Speaker 13: Hare.
Speaker 1: It's just part of his life, like breathing. It's fucking incredible.
Speaker 2: If we would have done another regret MK in your house. We would have started off at his house.
Speaker 1: Oh that BC wanted to go on the fuck all the Wives?
Speaker 2: I don't think that's really and it was at least.
Speaker 1: Wives while there at work.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that was a big That was a that was a fun thing. We we could be done, but it would take a lot of insurance.
Speaker 2: Take a lot. Yeah, shout out Saul. We appreciate you brother joining a long list. If you could show that list one more time. Of the people that we have recognized now that everybody is still watching the show, I do talk to Webscream every once in a while. It lives in Italy, so.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't watch MMA either.
Speaker 2: Too, That's true. How many people told me when I said I was leaving that they only watch they only stay in MMA because of it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I cannot tell you how many MK fans have been like, I don't really watch MM anymore, but I do listen to m K and that's kind of how I.
Speaker 1: Keep in touch with it. Yeah, I get that all the time.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Luke, it's not just everybody waiting during the six week plus gap of mixed Martial Arts in the UFC, as we get fired up for January twenty fourth and the kickoff of the Paramount era with UFC three twenty four. The sports world is red hot regardless of that, and the NFL playoffs here are getting even hotter. They've arrived. It's win or go home time and with Pick six from DraftKings, the newest Fantasy pick them game, every snap is a chance at bigger payouts for you the fan. So every yard, every touchdown, every moment, all of it can turn your playoff picks into huge cash prizes. It couldn't be simpler, as we always tell you. Then we pick a category and it's either more or less. We're talking about rushing yards, We're talking about receiving yards, We're talking about touchdowns. If you feel like you know what you're talking about, is we enter the wildcard games in the first week end of the NFL playoffs, then you may be able to capitalize on here. Luke Thomas, we're talking about Saturday, and we're talking about the La Rams at the Carolina Panthers there in the NFC Wildcard game. If I told you quarterback Matt Stafford of the Rams, you know the skuy Super Bowl winner, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Former player University of Georgia.
Speaker 2: I believe, yes, you're right, Go Dogs. Jed two hundred and sixty four and a half passing yards against that Carolina defense more or less?
Speaker 1: LT.
Speaker 4: I feel like I sleep on Matt Stafford and he overperforms, I'm gonna go I'll take the over on that.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm gonna give Matt Stafford the benefit of the doubt. Go Dogs.
Speaker 2: Okay, Saturday, in the late game, it's an NFC Norris Division, as Chris Berman would say, showdown as the Green Bay Packers invade Soldier Field and Ray Floor as his Chicago Bears Ray's gonna be I mean it was Ray more fired up than this Bears Division championship playoff run or the history of Hasbulaeah. Definitely, definitely. What do you know about Green Bay quarterback Jordan Love and what do you know about two hundred and twenty six and a half passing yards against that Bears defense? We going more? Or are we going less?
Speaker 4: I don't know enough to comment intelligently, but I do know that he had been good early in the season and they've kind of fallen off.
Speaker 1: I believe, is my understanding, that's probably wrong. I don't really know. I'll take the under though, because I do believe that the Bears are.
Speaker 4: They're having they're having a not quite sort of a Commander's ish kind of season that we had last season. They're they're getting lucky at you know, and having these big moments that are unlike this year's Yes.
Speaker 1: Unlike this See although the Commanders beat the Eagles last night, I did watch that.
Speaker 2: Game, all right, running back of the Bears, DeAndre Swift, we're talking about total touchdowns rushing or receiving zero point five more or less at home against the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 1: I'll take I'll take the over. Okay, I'll take more the over there.
Speaker 2: Well, whether you feel like you need no more than lt, you can put your knowledge to the test, compete against your peers, climb the leaderboard. Will that start running back top one hundred yards? Is the quarterback throwing more than two and a half touchdowns? That's up to you. In the best part, DraftKings Pick six available in Texas, Georgia, California, and dozens of other states nationwide. New customers, here's your playoff bonus. You're gonna want to hear this. If fifty dollars and Pick six credits when you make your first Pick six entry for just five dollars, Louke, how do they take advantage of that?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 1: Here we go, folks.
Speaker 4: Download the DraftKings Pick six app right now and use the code combat. That's going to be combat with a k. Just five dollars gets you fifty dollars and Pick six credits. Ride the upside in partnership with DraftKings Pick six. The crown is yours. Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler Connecticut call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org eighteen plus in most states, void in New York, Ontario and where prohibited restrictions apply. One per new customer bonus awarded is non withdrawable Pick six credits that expire in fourteen days. Terms at Pick six dot DraftKings dot com slash promos limited time offer.
Speaker 2: Well said right there, Luke, when you got off the train pub but this is the earliest you've ever gotten here, and I appreciate you doing that.
Speaker 4: In my life, I always send my wife and one on Monday mornings, I always send her a note telling her I love her, and then I hope she has a great day because she to get twos ready and take her to school by herself. And I sent that note and I looked at the timestamp. So I'm in the train, sitting in my seat, sending my wife a note. Right, I'm already said forty seven yo. I couldn't even I couldn't even take the I couldn't even take the DC Metro. It doesn't know until five am. And I was like, well, I'm not gonna bike there because it's gonna be cold as shit.
Speaker 1: Yes, So t you a fucking forty dollars uber this morning.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's dedication for our sendoff here. And the first thing you said to me speaking of DraftKings in the crown being yours is when you walked in, You're like, sorry, BC, before I talk to you, I gotta go drop a duce. So were you crowning like the King of England?
Speaker 1: That was the second one of the day. I took one on the train earlier.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so disgusting. All right, thank you very much? Right there, shut out to our sponsors, our next segment, what are you gonna do? Fire me our next segment here? Normally we do it on Fridays, but since this past Friday, we had an MK documentary director's cut look back. Check that out. Please check it out. But every Friday to traditionally we give you Morning Combat at gmail dot com to reach out with either your dead wrongs or this other segment where yes, the fans put the our their artwork on our fridge. They show pictures of Sewell's wife and our gear for the final time in the BC era, at least this is fan the missions you've got male few, We've got a lot of them right there.
Speaker 1: This is okay.
Speaker 4: So you y MK work partly stuff like this clown ourselves for having mostly male viewers, for being old and pieces, you know, shitty.
Speaker 2: Even though in the beginning you were like, I'm not sure I want these fans in my life at all.
Speaker 1: I don't care if they live or didn't understand dude, I'm being honest, Like I you learn over time how to have the kind of relationship with the people.
Speaker 4: You don't know but very usual, you know, And so it's a weird thing at first. It is you have to kind of learn how to manage that. And I haven't gotten to write sometimes, but I feel like I'm in a better place these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, and the fans have over delivered over the years, especially in fansus to just completely make us laugh, and sometimes it becomes didn't didn't Danger Mouse create the Morning Hulp? Sure and never got paid for Yeah? Shut mouse over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There's been a lot of people who've been contributed really important things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and didn't get paid anything but free great content. Our first one here is from a he says hi or she you'd have no idea or they Hi. I created this poster inspired by the masterpiece BC has been finger painting for years on Morning Combat GRASSISBC for all the entertainment. This is awesome right here. So what does it say? Can you read the rights?
Speaker 1: From our holes to yours? Twice a week now? I cannot read the disclaimer language Long Island, Luke. Have you read through that?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 8: But I'm seeing like all the smoke productions. Okay, that's dude, CBS.
Speaker 1: I can't read that from here and hope I'm hoping it's not filled with racial slurs.
Speaker 2: And if this passes the Korean census, can I put this on my walk? Can we print this out? This is fantastic, h that's pretty cool. Hey, we appreciate you all the way.
Speaker 4: Right the I want to say one more time, I cannot read the fine print. So if there's anti semitism on there, flame, Brian, did.
Speaker 2: I see the wroth childily on there? I'm like, okay, all right, all right. Our second one is from Brenham, who says morning washed Donks. As a Day one viewer who has watched every single episode, I've sat quietly on the sidelines pondering my fan subs for quite some time now. I was going to put together a pound for pound run for Donk of the Year in twenty six. However, with BC's departure, I thought i'd better get these in before he leaves us for the corporate world. I decided to make one for each of you, with some references to earlier episodes. First up, we have El Cacadero. El cacadero. After BC mispronounces this, oh, thanks Brenda, and is corrected by Luke, he can explain to you that el cagadero means the shitter. Yes, fitting as Luke is easily, pound for pound, the most explosive person riding the Amtrak. We also has a bone air the size of menel cops nipples for the one and only La Landau. Wow, Luke your thoughts on Brendam's own.
Speaker 1: Did I learned that word the first time? Because wait, put that back up.
Speaker 2: Look at the toilet bowl on the title. That is great.
Speaker 4: Oh I missed that is great. Oh so that's the New Jersey trainsit train. I don't take that train, but that If you're asking what what train station is this?
Speaker 1: This is Newark.
Speaker 2: That's where the bulls ran down.
Speaker 4: This is the Newark train station. If you're asking, oh, it doesn't look too too bad. This is as good as it gets. It's downhill from there. I learned that word because my wife and I were at the park and she saw a dog that was really cute. He's like, oh, you know, blah blah, and then it started taking a dump and she called him cago and sito like little shit yeah, And I was like, what's caging and.
Speaker 1: She was like, well, she walked me through it.
Speaker 2: So, by the way, Brenda, I've talked to him over DMS recently, who the guy who set this in. He lives on a cow farm in Montana on like two hundred acres, and he said he used to be like a dog musher and would listen to us and yeah, and while like the Northern Lights were playing in the sky and he's riding like across Alascar some ship and he's like listening to us like that always blows me away. Abuse, No, no, it's not, No, it's not. Next up, Brennan says. We may not forget Brian luganis diving his way into the Twin.
Speaker 8: To real quick?
Speaker 2: Could I at least read the description? He says, uh, diving his way into the Twin Towers with gas station hot dogs in hand, in UFC straweights on his mind. All of us dongs were deeplybody sent in.
Speaker 1: Wow, they're they're making a sexually transmitted disease joke from the eighties nineties about nine to eleven and your love of hot dogs, and were laughing because that didn't how was that ever gonna make it past the sense of wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, Brennan continues.
Speaker 1: He says, Oh, can you email that to my laptop so I can see it? Please?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got you, Brennan says. Also, I just finished my first tattoo, so Luke rate that tat.
Speaker 1: What's the actually ship? That looks pretty clean.
Speaker 2: Actually, those colors pop on the forum area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that actually looks really clean.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I want to see him underneath that tonnel.
Speaker 4: This is Japanese style. You can see the feathers, you know, flow with the body geometry. Here, man, I give that one a solid nine. That's just really really cooking. But by the way, on a Japanese tattoo, you definitely want the color saturated, but it's not supposed to pop. I mean, you can do whatever you want, obviously, but if you're doing a traditional style, the color is supposed to be saturated, but not be like, you know, like hot, you know, hot pank.
Speaker 1: It's not supposed to be like that's supposed to be a little slightly more muted than that.
Speaker 2: Dude, it looks a little like Sean Brady's style.
Speaker 4: Right, Seawn Brady has Japanese tattooing. This is all Japanese tattoo, yes, or old school Japanese tattooing.
Speaker 2: Brendan says, I also have a bonus submission. I am sure this one will not make it through the North Korean censor, so donks, I will post it on the Reddit page. Here is an original episode of Room service diaries. Oh that one did make.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 1: My favorite part about this is the photos and how good that is. Wow.
Speaker 8: Brenham close, I texted you the other meme if you want to look at it.
Speaker 2: Brenham closes with thank you Luke and BC for everything you do. It's been a pleasure being along for the ride. Wishing you both and your famis. Oh, thank you Brenham. Yeah, please don't show that on there. Send that to me though, if you at Long Island, if you could text that to me as well, thank you?
Speaker 1: All right? Do you know how warped you have to be to come up with something like this? And it's not AI, it's photoshopped, so it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Were show submission comes from n'amana Nimana Hi donks Nimanja from Macedonia here. Excuse me if I if I'm mispronouncing that Namana namanja from that Macedonia here. As a Day one fan, I am truly sad to see the co host of MK leave the show to mark the end of an era. Here's a little visual of the initial private conversation between LT and BC. Wow, I'm sure that in twenty six Luke and other wash Dirt Bags will continue to deliver banger episodes into Brian. Best of luck on your new job. Don't forget to bring your art and make it all make it in all out balls Bonanza. I love that we were lucky to have you and you'll be missed. Happy holidays from Namana Namando one of the two. Luke, this is the breakup with what Jennifer Aniston and somebody else.
Speaker 1: I have no fucking idea who's in this movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pick a side, right, Vince vaugh Vince Vaughan, thank you very much, Long Island that is coming January fifth. Today we're breaking up. Well done, thank you so much. Let's go to Hawaii's own Telvin. Big Papa, Key Papa, a finalist for twenty five Donk of the Year. He says, Aloha, donks, this is your favorite Hawaiian here, Big Papa. I wanted to send a meme that best describes BC's next chapter in his life with none other than Governor Penn.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure I understand this.
Speaker 2: I'm beat up, so b BC on MK, I'm beat up, you know, and then you gonna.
Speaker 1: Be double champ when you're over at Paramount.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He says, uh, I guess okay, I know all of you, all the other donks want to give you shit for stepping away from MK. I guess I'll be the only donk to say good luck and I'm happy for you, BC. I hope to see you cage side that UFC events interviewing fighter.
Speaker 1: Why would anyone want you to do poorly getting inside?
Speaker 2: Maybe I sold out to them, Maybe I you know, maybe I broke their heart, and it's you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: He also says, maybe getting in the fighters locker rooms, especially the women's one fifteen fighters, and finally get that.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is starting to turn a little and having a good time. What are we doing?
Speaker 2: Finally get that sixteen minute interview with you on a champion. Also, if if BC gets an event in Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Yes, can you? Can you just end up right now and jack off?
Speaker 2: Can you do that? Also, if BC goes to Hawaii for the UFC, I hope to see you at the Lava Shack near me and Diaz can finally point down and scrap for all your entertainment fro MK promotions. I know him and Dad, sorry him and dads will finally scrap. I know m K will be fine. I'm pretty sure they'll replace you with Angela White.
Speaker 1: Hey O.
Speaker 2: Anyways, best dishes, best wishes mele khaliki, maka and alha. That's Hawaii's way to say yeah to you. Yeah, it's a great song. Let's hear from Nathan. He said thank you so much. By the way, Telvin, here's Nathan. He says some supper Loha donks. For all the times Luke was legitimately annoyed or even a little pissed, Brian eventually showed him that it's okay to be silly sometimes, and it only took eight years. Skits and bits never die.
Speaker 1: That'll do. Skits and bits that'll do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's about time Luke get on board with the cat. And we have one from Genghis Bong, who says, Merry Christmas, MK, this is how toilets react every time Luke walks into a bathroom. That's so good. That's so good.
Speaker 1: That picture is especially good over my stupid face.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. All right, we are also gonna hear from Josh to close out this batch of fan subs, who says, I hope a few of these make it in. There's also a short video for Brian.
Speaker 1: So that's Wayne Newton with a lightsaber.
Speaker 2: A painting well. Oh sorry, that's that's me dressed up as Obi Wan with a paintbrush.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's Wayne Newton in the back. What is Wayne Newton doing?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I'm at Penn Station. Oh you know I always say homeless people shower in the in the sink.
Speaker 1: I have seen a homeless man cutting his pubic hair.
Speaker 8: I guess dyeing your hair.
Speaker 2: I'm dying my hair. That's it, Luke. I don't know the Wayne Newton part of it, but.
Speaker 4: I hate like I think I've compared you to Wayne Newton before. That's right with the you haity hair job.
Speaker 2: Remember that shoe polish job. Remember I died it like ten minutes before we came down to set for that.
Speaker 1: This meme started a little week and ended up actually quite.
Speaker 2: Strong, actually pretty awesome right there. Oh look at this dude that Oh my god, wow, Insurrection Day. Look at that Jan six in the house.
Speaker 1: I look a little weird.
Speaker 2: Garbage. Love it? I love it.
Speaker 1: Thirty fourth Street, Penn Station. Oh I'm flexing after taking a dump.
Speaker 6: Oh that's this girl.
Speaker 2: Look at the Hasmac guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If you're wondering what that sash I'm wearing, that's what they give you when you go to the Andres Decar restaurant.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh my god, I mean, I don't know who leaked the new co host of Morning Combat.
Speaker 2: We're gonna save that announce This was not.
Speaker 1: The way I expected the news to get out.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm just looking at that. That's all one from Brenham right now.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking at the Lugano one. Dude, is that the funniest fucking thing you've ever seen in your life?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 2: Morning Combat at gmail dot com. A quick question for me as a fan. Now moving forward, will you still have these segments?
Speaker 1: Yes, things like that. I mean, I think one thing I would say is they're I mean, obviously everyone's going to expect some changes, right, Yeah, it can't be what it was.
Speaker 4: In both good ways and bad. But you know, part of the show's DNA is this kind of thing. Okay, So if we didn't, it would be a pretty tragic mistake. So we're gonna we're gonna do our best to you know.
Speaker 1: To keep that where it can go.
Speaker 2: Hey, let Long Island Luke, cook, let them cook.
Speaker 4: I'm about to just hand over the keys to the to the to the kitchen, and that makes no sense, but you know whatever, you get the idea.
Speaker 8: We go in hungry tonight.
Speaker 1: In all seriousness, I'm telling you he I'm gonna let him his thing house taste.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, indeed, right there? All right, that is your fan subs. Now, we go to another filler segment here, Luke, I've done this a couple of times people have liked it. So for the final time, here is a little one I like to call a chatois. So, Luke, I've got eight different combinations of three things, and you have to rank them, typically from best to worst.
Speaker 1: Okay, you ready for this? Rank things best to worst.
Speaker 2: Potential Connor McGregor, White House opponents, Michael Chandler, Nate Diaz, Max Holloway, give me a best to worse arranged those three.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna answer it as follows, best to worst.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have you as a fan, your most in, your biggest interest.
Speaker 4: In, and I register upfront. I will answer the question, but my real answer is none of them. I don't want to see. I don't care about seeing Connor.
Speaker 2: Ever. Oh, Okay, even though the Trump family just invested twenty something million in his uh did they into into Connor's company?
Speaker 1: That MMA thing? That's fun.
Speaker 4: However, answering the question about like what would produce the most compelling.
Speaker 2: Fund Yeah, and make people excited at all that, Yeah.
Speaker 4: You have to go McGregor Diaz three as number one, as number one? Okay, you just I mean, I don't know what else how you do that? Now someone's gonna say, well, isn't of these three? Isn't Max? How the way right now the most difficult fight, And the answer is yes. However, for that, we've seen Connor lose, you know, not that I don't. I don't have a burning desire per se to see that necessarily like oh.
Speaker 1: We got a mitchru lose.
Speaker 4: I don't care about that, you know, in that way. So also, I would rather see Max fight other people. So I'm gonna put him last. So by virtue of that, Chandler would go second. So go Diaz, Chandler Holloway.
Speaker 2: Chandler has become the least of these three that I want to see. I'm kind of so over that matchup.
Speaker 1: I don't I think Halloway wins that one walking away Long Island.
Speaker 2: Look are you with me? We're like, even though it's probably competitive, like Chandler's kind of irrelevant.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I'm with you. And also with Burt Krysler on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 2: I did see that, Burt Chrysler.
Speaker 8: I'd actually rather see Max the most, just because Max finishing Connor in like two rounds would be pretty fun.
Speaker 2: That would be pretty that would be something that it would be morbid, but that'd be something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah, it'd be a spectacle, probably for different reasons for all three?
Speaker 2: What about four? Three didn't really tell us much beyond Connor's dislike for Poier's wife.
Speaker 4: Again, I think the only one where I feel like, yeah, that's just the only one that really mean.
Speaker 2: The battle of each other. It has almost a thriller and Manila vibe right where let's not all right, let's not go that far. Number two Luke timeless m K one liners from best to worst, let's bang tooey. I'm feeling these margaritas, Brian Campbell and real.
Speaker 1: Talk like this is an easy one for me.
Speaker 4: Okay, again, best to worst, I'm probably gonna put it in the exact order you have it. The Let's Bang twoy one to me was fucking hilarious.
Speaker 2: The throwaway comment from Greg Hardy calling out tais.
Speaker 1: Bang he offered to like, let's it's bank, but.
Speaker 2: Not as iconic as Let's bang each chowder.
Speaker 4: Let's bang each odder really is the home run hitter in that particular department. However, among these three.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling these margaritas is like, arguably the most iconic line in this show's history possible.
Speaker 1: You can say that, however, I have less warm feelings about them.
Speaker 4: And also I hate real talk like bindo, and I've always hated it and I still hate it.
Speaker 2: I wish you would employ it once in a while.
Speaker 1: All Right, says the guy going to paramount.
Speaker 2: Shuts your mouth, Shut your whore mouth. All right, Let's go to number three rock albums released in nineteen ninety one. The Black album is self titled Metallica by Metallica. Never mind the second album from Nirvana or the debut from Pearl Jam ten.
Speaker 4: We'll call I'm gonna talk about Metallica, the Black Album, right, Jesus, Now, what are you asking me here?
Speaker 2: Personally? Personally best to worst?
Speaker 1: So how do I answer that? How I feel about it now or how I felt about it in nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 2: It's kind of combined. It's kind of like, Okay, then, I guess more, Now, I guess more.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 4: I have not a single bad thing to say about Nirvana, And in fact, as I've gotten older, I've actually liked them more and more. But during my teens, for whatever reason, my friends and I they were into Nirvana but not heavy, and I was more into Metallica.
Speaker 2: You can recognize that never Mind is start to finish out just one.
Speaker 1: Of the most defining songs of the nineteen nineties, if not.
Speaker 2: The most, like Rolling Stone rated it the number one album of the nineties.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the first place you heard when you heard it?
Speaker 2: Seeing the smells like Teen Spirit video on MTV? But the first time I heard the record, I don't remember now.
Speaker 4: I was in a van with I actually went to church at the time, and I was in the church basketball team. No, no church, don't get me started. No a real church, well, I guess Christian church. And we were all in the bus on the way to the game and it came on the radio and the other kids had already heard it, and I was like, what is this?
Speaker 1: And then then they explained it to me and I was like, holy shit, No, it was great.
Speaker 4: But for me, Metaca by Metallica was like the first time I was eleven years old, and that was the first time I was ever actually really fully exposed to.
Speaker 1: Anything, even cold heavy metal.
Speaker 4: Everyone around me didn't listen to it, but that album became so culturally significant that it was impossible to miss. Right Obviously, the Enter Sandman was a gigantic song and nothing else matters, by the way, and remember this came right after there was some controversy because they cut their hair a little bit and everything.
Speaker 1: Not for this one, not for this one.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't cut their hair, but they commercialized their sound.
Speaker 4: This came after and Justice for All, So you know, you went from one on a Justice for All two nothing else matters.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of a anyway, but there was a big one.
Speaker 4: And then as a kid to ten Bob Rock that produced Method I think that's I think that's right, or the guy who was part of some kind of monster I forget his name. Anyway, Ten when I was a kid, would I say, play a more significant role than never Mind by Nirvana?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Ten was Jeremy was huge.
Speaker 2: Every song, literally every song started to finish as an absolute ten out of ten banger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that album one.
Speaker 2: I think it's my fourth favorite album of all time.
Speaker 4: What I mean like, at this time in my life, I wasn't exactly listening to hardcore metal.
Speaker 1: I got, I've got. I've gotten increasingly more into it over time.
Speaker 2: I go CBA, that's just personal interest. But by the way, these were all released in a relatively like the same period in terms of weeks, So was use your Illusion one to two by Guns and Rows. It's just it's incredible long island. Luka, I'm gonna guess you're gonna go ten first. What do you feel about the other two?
Speaker 8: CBA, same orders?
Speaker 2: Okay, I appreciate that, Thank you very much. Let's go to number four. Better historical resume, Slash Legacy, jose Aldough, Daniel Cormier, and our guests today at noon.
Speaker 1: Randy Couture can't wait to talk to Randy.
Speaker 2: Who if I if I asked you give me a goat list of the top twenty, like in order of these where do these guys fall? Not what number?
Speaker 4: But like this is going to be a controversial one because obviously what you're dealing with. In the case of Cormier and Kature, you are dealing with people who are champions in.
Speaker 1: Multiple weight classes, and Josey Aldo is not.
Speaker 4: And for that reason, I think a lot of people are going to be tempted to rank them more highly. However, I think the hardest thing to do in MMA is stand a post in a weight class and maintain its guardianship over time.
Speaker 1: The longer you do it, the harder it becomes.
Speaker 4: And I also think just terms of pure skill level, Josey Aldo is the most skillful of all three of them, so I would go he.
Speaker 2: Was the first truly great fighter of the smaller weight classes. Faber was the first star, yes, but Aldo was the first truly.
Speaker 1: It depends how you want started.
Speaker 4: But like, certainly in North America, uh first, you know, like widely regarded pound for poundish.
Speaker 2: Kind of guy didn't need to even play into when the UFC title went from w.
Speaker 4: After beating the shed of your favor too. I have not looked Attor's resume recently. I'd have to think about this one a little bit.
Speaker 2: It was a different era, but dude, he was the comebacks the age that he was doing these things as I mean.
Speaker 1: One thing that I think the current fans really are gonna miss.
Speaker 4: I can't remember the last I mean, dude, when Katre I've said, I bring this up all the time. When Katur came back against Sylvia.
Speaker 2: When he dropped him around one that was Columbus, Ohio, they.
Speaker 1: Were yes, he inside leg kick and then just came over with it.
Speaker 4: And I mean every house party in America that was watching that got on their feet, was trying.
Speaker 2: To like send him into retirement, so that once again UFC was trying to use Randy's name to put somebody else over and send him off.
Speaker 1: Into it again.
Speaker 4: He had the last time you had seen him, he had been iced by Chuck Ladell, even quicker than the time before he got iced by Chuck Ladell, and you thought he was done so and then he goes and beats fucking beats the ship out of.
Speaker 2: Tim get the credit he well, first of all, he doesn't get the credit he deserves because he's been at odds with UFC, so they don't. But does he not get the credit he reserved deserves for evolving the game dirty boxing, putting the whole game together at.
Speaker 4: A time, and I also think some of those guys, the Rico Chipperelli raw guys like Frank Trigg and Dan Henderson and Matt Linlan, these guys obviously brought a high level wrestling overall. The guys who were Greco put a lot of Greco thought into it. I also think Randy has a lot of like half guard ground and pound stuff that he kind of set the tone with the games evolved past them. Obviously they've been out for a while. But also just again, you know you had Matt Linlan and silver medallist, but you know Henderson Olympian, Kator, Olympic alternate, and these guys all wrestled at high level and c double a.
Speaker 1: Ed Herman he didn't wrestle like that.
Speaker 2: Oh he was part of that team.
Speaker 1: Though he was part of that team, but that was Team Quest. I don't think he was a Chipperelli raw guy.
Speaker 2: He was a ginger too.
Speaker 4: He was a ginger anyway they brought. I'm i'd have to review the resumes.
Speaker 2: Dude, Cormbier is criminally under rayed.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is.
Speaker 4: I might go, I might go I might go ABC, but it could you could go AC be potentially.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'd like to argue Cormiers first. People get mad at me when I say that, but I think I think after Cormier beat Steepe, he was h He was like as close to the goat conversation as possible without having beaten Johnny.
Speaker 1: I think a thing that real people really sleep on.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 4: By the way, something happened that we were out. You see Uol Romero against Pat Downey at raw wrestling. Just a fucking marvel of genetics. Yeah, but I bring it up to say, couture.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 4: On Cormier's case, I mean, this is really his second athletic career. Yeah, his first one. He had a full life of that, and then he's on bonus time here. And even with that, look at all the stint things that he did. He was a real dude. Daniel Cormier was a He got in trouble because he was like, if I was around today, I'd be champion.
Speaker 1: There's no wrestlers.
Speaker 4: I think it's not about like heavyweight, And people were like, oh, of course he would say that. Dude, Daniel Cormier would be fucking was great. Daniel Cormier would be dumping these motherfuckers on their heads.
Speaker 2: Head kicks too, like he had the incomplete kicks.
Speaker 1: Don't get it, twist it at all all.
Speaker 2: Right, let's go to number five for you personally, a worse This is from worst to best, Okay, a worst depression or anxiety trigger for you Amtrak DT forty five forty seven or Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond.
Speaker 4: If I'm being dead fucking honest. If I'm being dead fucking honest, dude, it's Amtrak.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: You know how many times that you will text me when so Usually after the show, you and I both go to the Amtrak business lounge where we get like free food and we just chill until our trains are called. There are so many times where you will text me a half hour later and be like, Bill, haven't left the building. This shit is actually killing me. This shit is sending me to an early grave.
Speaker 1: Sending me to an early grave. I'm telling you, it's sending me to an early grave. I have, dude.
Speaker 4: I moved to New York City in October of two thousand and three, but I was not done with my military obligation until the end of two thousand and four, essentially all of it.
Speaker 1: And uh. During that time, I had to go back to Richmond. My unit was.
Speaker 4: A hotel battery or three fourteen fourth more div And since that time, all the way up to now, almost on a monthly basis. And remember there was a time where a year I did it two times a week. For an entire year, I've been taking the train and I just have to tell everyone. Everyone's like, oh, but aren't you in the as Slate corridor, which I am the A solic corridor is anything from Washington, DC to Boston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he goes to Philly, Delaware, New.
Speaker 4: York, hold on Earth, and that's the most high functioning. And I can tell you that's a relative fucking description. I don't want to beat up on rail anymore than I already do, because we need more rail in this country.
Speaker 2: But dude, especially in our young males, right, we need more rail yards.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, But it is not a good service and it has absolutely grounded me into.
Speaker 2: Funck irony is that like you were so against trains in the Marines, but now like.
Speaker 1: You know that, well, I pay for the ticket on this one, Okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: This is a different one. So obviously then after that I would go the worst. Yeah, this would be like the least. Then Sweet Caroline is annoying, but I could just hit mute.
Speaker 2: You know, I thought you were gonna go be AC. You're going to ABC, So I.
Speaker 4: Mean there's existential stuff. But if I'm being honest, like day to day, like what like, how the fuck am I going to get the day? Honestly, A kills me more than that.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to number six higher ranking best to worst on the NBA goat list, Lebron James, we'll be Bryant Taquille O'Neill.
Speaker 1: I am poorly equipped to make this, okay, but I want to hear you. I'll say this.
Speaker 4: I've never seen a more physically dominant player than Shaquille O'Neill.
Speaker 1: In my life.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I just want to MVP Awards.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 4: I saw a Chema lodgowantas a little bit of that career. I saw who's the Admiral David Robinson. He was fucking great. Tim Duncan, criminally underrated Tim Duncan. There was a guy named Jordan who was bread Well I'm talking about big Man. Yeah, Patrick Ewing saw Patrick Alonzo morning. Yes, you know all the George Town guys.
Speaker 1: I saw them too. I saw a lot of that kind of thing, and none of them had what Shaq had.
Speaker 2: He also won four championships.
Speaker 1: Yes, Kobe won five, but Lebron's up to five.
Speaker 2: Right, le Bron's up to four.
Speaker 1: I believe how many does Lebron have?
Speaker 13: Four?
Speaker 2: I think he's made the finals eleven times and he's won four.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but wait, why do I feel like you're wrong? With Kobe and Shack? Didn't they threepeat and then repeat?
Speaker 2: And then no, they three repeated. Shaq got one and O six with the heat, Kobe got nine and ten powers okay, all right with pow Yeah, nine and ten.
Speaker 1: I just said right there, I would probably go shack.
Speaker 2: Lebron's the all time leading scorer.
Speaker 4: He's also got longevity in ways that's unusual, but that that's not the same as like.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a Boulet Luciferian tattoo on his chest. But that's like another top in for another podcast.
Speaker 1: I think you need to talk to I think you need to talk to somebody. You're scaring me a little. I'll go, I'll go shack Lebron Kobe. I mean, I don't know if that's right. I don't know if that's right.
Speaker 2: It's just your opinion. I appreciate that best movie trilogies best to worst. Star Wars episode four through six the original three, right, Okay, the Matrix are Back to the Future.
Speaker 1: This is an easy one.
Speaker 4: Okay, Star Wars episodes four through six is clearly the right answer. The Matrix one might genuinely be the best of any of the movies.
Speaker 2: See that is true.
Speaker 4: That is true, but that is the trilogy. The second one gets kind of off the rails, although it has some interesting moments. And then the third one is Rise of Skywalker.
Speaker 1: Three. Yeah, yeah's I.
Speaker 2: Couldn't be Godfather in here because that would be a number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The strength.
Speaker 1: Back to the Future one and two were great. I thought three fell off a little bit.
Speaker 4: Still pretty damn good, more than you think, because actually we watched it over the holidays, but it's still one and two were.
Speaker 1: Much much better and they were very clever.
Speaker 2: So you're going so I'd go a c B.
Speaker 4: I think that's the answer, even if the first Matrix is the best of any Now, Jay.
Speaker 2: Aaron, who has a documentary about Back to the Future, there are people in my life.
Speaker 1: I tried to watch it and it wasn't available anywhere that I had to pay, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, yeah, a lot of people I know say the back Back in the Future is a perfect movie and the best movie.
Speaker 1: I showed it to two key.
Speaker 2: It is pretty much a perfect movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah she didn't she fell asleep.
Speaker 2: Okay, here finally, Luke, you're on a This is best to worst a car passenger next to you, sitting next to you in a car yep for a three thousand mile road trip. God my coppinger Versace Reno or h e oh my god.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna film and Louise that motherfucker at the first cliff.
Speaker 2: I see, this is difficult. Look this is you're doing three thousand miles, So that's like at least three days, right, maybe even more like if you drove it straight through and you alternated drive and you can probably do it in two and a half. But we're talking about four to five days.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 4: Once again, I'm not making it to the finish line on this. This is gonna be like storming the beach at Normandy. We're not all going to be here.
Speaker 2: At the end. You know, I got a feeling.
Speaker 4: Fuck me, probably Reno one because I can laugh at his clothing, Okay, and at least we'll get me through the first one thousand miles. Turkey's gotta go last. Just can't it, Just can't do it.
Speaker 1: Something can't walk on eggshells, you know what I'm saying. I gotta be free. So then I'll just put Mike in the pulpit or the past.
Speaker 2: That was orange. Thank you very much for playing, Luke Thomas. As we continue this fun and games, you know, I did create this segment that really is, you know, arguably the most electrifying piece of content each week in combat sports and podcasting beyond Luke, where I Scott with the globe high as low as the good, the bad, the ugly, the in between, you know, in the world of combat sports and beyond. For the final time between you and I, I have shit. We will pick if you will greateth have you seen my ship?
Speaker 1: What's the secret to MK?
Speaker 2: Toilet toilet humor?
Speaker 1: Luke?
Speaker 2: This is a little bit of a of a super sized one because you know, you got to go hard or go home at the end here, I do feel like this segment was I don't know if you're going to continue or not. Have no problem if you do. But I feel like I was running out of juice, our ideas, like we've seen everything, right, We've seen so many but I tried my best to put it together. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's see what you got for the.
Speaker 2: All right, Merry Christmas, you filthy animals here, let's look in on the holidays.
Speaker 1: I cannot hear. Oh, come on, I cannot Oh he farts.
Speaker 2: On, yeah he did, And it was just it was long. Look what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you?
Speaker 8: And there's no audio on that clip?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Hold I by the way off to just an amazing job here on the exit. Uh, way to stick to landing. I was gonna say, I didn't really I texted you this. I didn't realize. So I went to Columbia for Christmas. Bro, they don't fuck with Santa at all down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they love j C.
Speaker 19: Love that he is.
Speaker 4: You'll see him in like advertising. He's a fucking lawn prope. Like you know who you know who gives you gifts on Christmas and.
Speaker 1: These America and dios.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: So my wife was like, so, my naturally, my daughter is like, well, wait a second, is Santa gonna leave gifts for me in d C while El Nino Dios gives me gifts down there? And I was like, you need to ask your mom about how you navigate this ship because I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, that video would have popped you. Santa comes up to a bunch of chicks and it's like, hey, you want your Christmas presents earlier. They're like yeah, just like you're walking through first class.
Speaker 1: That's how I met my wife.
Speaker 2: Luke, check out? Do we have sound on the next one?
Speaker 9: Long?
Speaker 2: Alan, look please, we're out all right. Check out the enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 2: Here's young Luke Thomas opening up his Christmas gifts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, zippy fucking sound he wanted. Oh hell yeah, bro dude, this kid's fired up. But we can't hear it. We got motherfucking tacos.
Speaker 2: Okay, please don't tell me that we don't have sound on all of these.
Speaker 1: That would be bad.
Speaker 2: That's gonna kill the segment.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. I want to see it.
Speaker 8: There's no way for me to see until we play them. But I have a feeling since the first two were supposed.
Speaker 2: To do and they don't, and by the way, that would be really bad. Can you is there any way that we can pause and you can check that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Can we do that?
Speaker 1: Yes? Or no? I don't know.
Speaker 2: That was a that is we're working on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're talking to us. Can you can you double check? Though? You can't play them in into just to yourself? Fuck it? Let's roll.
Speaker 2: Well, let me let me look at the at the rundown here. You can't play that one. All right, Let's go to one CEA here Luke who had a better Christmas than this?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Wow, congrats to the happy couple.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about this, shall we? Yes?
Speaker 4: I saw this and the first thing I thought of was not oh wow, how interesting it was? Motherfucking BC is gonna text me this the first instant he sees it, and sure.
Speaker 2: Enough who populated the group chat with the striking Do you see the videos of them working out at Glover's gym?
Speaker 1: I did see that. Yeah, how do they communicate?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There was a video that they both posted on a plane overnight where she was like, hey, hell she woke them up sleeping. She was like, will we get married one day?
Speaker 1: And he was just like Juma Sean.
Speaker 2: They probably just communicate with trauma and kissing and stuff. But that's cool. No, So she speaks Spanish, which is how close to Spanish and Portese.
Speaker 4: So there's an in between what they call Portugnole in Brazil, which is its own kind of I don't know if it's a language exactly, but it's some kind of in between space between Spanish and Portuguese where they can kind.
Speaker 1: Of understand each other. Yes, so they're they're they're pretty close, all right, we do.
Speaker 2: Also, it was not just the Christmas holiday, it was a happy New Year. So we have audio here. Let's go to sports centers. Scott van Pelt.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, live makeoups on Sports Center. Oh makeop.
Speaker 2: Wow, he kicksing beauty right there.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you he nearly threw away his fucking career and then rescued it. You know, he had he listened. He had both eat and bounds.
Speaker 2: He did, he had both just the tip though, Yeah, exactly. Wow, we have a gender reveal that I think you're gonna love, Luke. Normally you hate these, but this this can be legend Scott very much. So, Marilyn Flame, let's go over to this gender Reville sound too.
Speaker 1: Why Chewbacca will come and lay pipe on your wife?
Speaker 2: Don't think you Look you remember those eighties commercials that would try to dissuade us from drugs. They were wild, right, It's always wild to watch them there, like this is your.
Speaker 1: Questions.
Speaker 2: Let's watch one.
Speaker 1: Just this is your brain and this is your brain on drugs, and these are pubes.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've seen that auspicious beginning. Look, we know nothing more dangerous in life than playing football or taking your family to an NFL game. Right, let's go into remember fan man question a Bowl Holy Field two? Yeah, check out the new fan man here at the football you have caught in that wire with the camera that the XFL created.
Speaker 4: That's a long drop. Man, You're not gonna die. But I don't know if he's walking around to that.
Speaker 2: Now, all right, let's go to the kick of the week from the Oklahoma the ou sooners here. Check out this kick, Luke, Oh direct, dude.
Speaker 1: Not only that the guy's running into it. Yeah, yeah, that's is that? Seriously? Is that worst case scenario? How to be kicked?
Speaker 4: That guy is kicking with maximum force and you're running at him with maximum speed cleats.
Speaker 2: Good lord, your scorpion of the week comes from Texas the Longhorns Bijon Robinson, who, by the way, continued playing this game despite the fact that he looked like he would never live again.
Speaker 1: Luke, you look at this. This was my twenty three and this was my twenty twenty four. Dude, Oh my god. Yeah, the body's not supposed to do that.
Speaker 2: How do you recover from the how do you get up and walk away and play?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Geez bonus. Scorpion of the Week, Texas to the gym, Luke, you gotta watch out for donks in the gym.
Speaker 1: Right, yes? Oh oh, he's doing the.
Speaker 2: What they call it fencing to Speaking of football, look did you catch the abs on fifty nine year old Michael Irvin when he celebrated this, this Miami victory he's got Yeah, I mean this is fun.
Speaker 1: You know, he's I lived through his career. This motherfucker could play.
Speaker 2: He also could party hotel room, Yes indeed, but look that. Did you see those abs?
Speaker 1: Holy crap?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you think he's on gear. You think that's just genetically both Yeah, right.
Speaker 2: I mean he's got to be right right, Yeah, yeah, all right, let's hope we have audio for the next one. Did you hear what RFK Junior said.
Speaker 1: Luke something stupid? Did you guys hear what RFK Junior just said?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 2: What, We're coming back. We're making a comeback. Look, this next one brings new meaning to the term killer crossover. Watch this guy's moves.
Speaker 1: All right, big fellow, will your pants up there a little bit? Oh, he's just oh, he's just.
Speaker 2: There's a piper down. Have you ever seen a.
Speaker 1: Fight at like a like a regular like LA Fitness or like y m c A. And I've seen it too.
Speaker 2: It gets nasty, people get competitive. Here, I stay out of that ship. I like to bring people to the point of throwing a punch, but not going over the line's but it's it's a little shaky, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the times you gotta one time, this is a true story.
Speaker 4: One time saw it in Equinox in George, Well not quite, but just outside Georgetown.
Speaker 2: I saw that Luke Tyson Fury has come out of his latest retirement and he's back in training camp. Look at the gut on big Gypsy right here.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you, good Lord, you know, I can't. I can't body shame after you know, watching myself on the docks. But uh, I didn't know he had a litter of puppies.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's.
Speaker 2: Disgusting to watch, Lucas. Time for everybody's favorite sub segment, MMA Fighters in the Wild. Let's go to UFC Bandaway Champion Pyodore Yan, Who's.
Speaker 1: I don't think you got to do all this?
Speaker 2: Just winters in Siberia.
Speaker 4: Listen, built different, built different. Indeed, that seems a little excessive.
Speaker 2: You know, Morob loves to do reckless shit. Luke, like try to win the defense title four times in the year. Let's check out what he does with this crawfi trying to eat a live craft? What the hell is going like?
Speaker 1: Dude, just can you kill that thing? Okay, turn the show? Oh wow, oh wow, dude, just kill the animal.
Speaker 2: Would you say to quote Joe Rogan that this guy needs a handler?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, guys, it's not I mean, okay, I realized it's a fucking crayfish, but just you know, do the humane thing and let does motherfucker die steam it to death?
Speaker 1: Will you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Please? Do you know who else needs to handler? Luke Bryce Mitchell.
Speaker 20: I'm gonna if you don't let Jake Paul win, he's gonna kill you nine days later, or just kill your two best friends. But somebody's gonna die if you don't let him win.
Speaker 2: That's not he's not trying to be funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like, we don't have to do this thing where we treat mental illness as content.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm it's not an insult.
Speaker 2: It was a wild comment, it really was. Luke Real recognized that was terrible. That was a terrible tragedy, and that's a terrible comment.
Speaker 4: At first, when he got in an accident, they pulled him out, I was like, Okay, maybe it's not too bad.
Speaker 1: And then it was like his two friends died, and then you see the car completely fucking mangled.
Speaker 2: Give MVP and Jake Paul credit for the they did a very most tribute. On Saturday, Real recognized reel over New Year's in Japan at Rise in Luke Crow Cop and Minataro with Saki Kabar.
Speaker 1: You've never seen that. If you've never seen that fight, it is absolutely fucking epic. One of one of Nogia's most legendary wins and a reason why he was, you know, to that generation of heavyweights, a menace and then.
Speaker 2: One of the most outstanding chins of all.
Speaker 1: Time, just a rhyme prime Minataro had the best chance I've ever.
Speaker 2: Seen and then looks good, looks good at this age, you know what.
Speaker 1: I think he's get a little pharmaceutical help. But I am mad. I'm not mad.
Speaker 2: Also, Luke, remember when Uri Pertsko won that fight and he's like, I'm gonna take my boys, We're gonna go to the hotel room, and then he had he didn't clarify that we're not going to bang him Chowder. I don't know what this ritual is with Yerie and the boys, but this looks intense, like an area out. Yeah, I don't know what's going on there.
Speaker 1: And they're about to start rowing on the floor like the Viking metal fan.
Speaker 2: And this is not we're not clowning him. But in Ecuador, New York's eve, this is a tradition for Michael Morrell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what do we know what the tradition is.
Speaker 2: The lady that cuts my hair is from Ecuador, I told you, and she says it's a it's to honor, like the widows, you dress up as women to honor the late.
Speaker 4: People have speculated about his sexuality. I'll say this, nothing would be better for Mma than for him to be what all the rumors about him.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I don't know if the rumors are real. I think, like she said, I'm not suggesting.
Speaker 2: She told me that this is a full on everybody does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not just that they are. I'm suggesting to the extent that they are. Nothing would make me happier about the same of Mma. Yes, and to watch that dude beat up everyone's favorite fighter and then torque like a Taylor Swift fan, you know, but whatever.
Speaker 2: Look, you know what today represents for me for a while, my last New York City subway visit for a while. I who knows. I could be back in New York for any reason for work. But you know that the New York City subway is remarkable, right.
Speaker 4: I had a guy on the train today, little head and showered in a while. And I'm not trying to clown him, but he had a jacket on BC that said Wikipedia editor, that's a true Story's.
Speaker 2: Great, I've never seen them before. Let's listen to this guy's experience. A lot of people like to talk shit about the New York subway, but it's.
Speaker 21: Actually pretty remarkable.
Speaker 22: One minute you're getting on in Brooklyn and then magically, ten minutes later you're HIV positive.
Speaker 1: Bad.
Speaker 2: All right, men you please on the next one.
Speaker 1: I got a question about the menu.
Speaker 21: Please the men, I please? Is none of your business.
Speaker 1: Look, it wouldn't be bad, not bad.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be the kernels in my she if we didn't represent here France's finest for the final time. Here's the cake, ladies, Selene, I look.
Speaker 1: Forward to this facial expression. Yeah, yeah, of course you can only eat the things that are the most.
Speaker 2: Eat the rich.
Speaker 1: Dollar bill for as my question, what won't she eats? What won't she? Now? I got some questions what won't she put her mouth on?
Speaker 2: It's time for your license plates of the week. Here, let's go up to Maine.
Speaker 1: Luke, how is that legal for the audio listeners?
Speaker 4: It's the main license plate and it just says penetrate with eight at the number.
Speaker 1: At the end.
Speaker 2: Let's keep it going here. They get down heavy in a lot of states. Look, let's see what the next state is offering. Kansas butt stuff? Okay, with one f that's well, that's pretty nice. Let's keep it going here. Let's go back to Maine. It gets wild up there, Luke, What.
Speaker 1: I mean, what else is there to do with Maine?
Speaker 2: And uh, let's let's have a little bit more fun with this one from Texas? Is that? Isn't that like that we call we used to call it the turkey.
Speaker 1: But isn't that what the chaka was? Like this?
Speaker 2: Oh, we used to call this the chaka.
Speaker 1: No, that's the shaker.
Speaker 2: Oh the shaker. Okay, like this one right.
Speaker 23: Now, you never forget right, Let's keep it going here here, this is okay, okay, all right, okay, guys, okay, oh you fan.
Speaker 4: I just want to say, I just want to say, on your last show, you showed George W. Bush as Salt Bay saulting.
Speaker 1: The Twin Town.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. It was for the fans.
Speaker 1: The people wanted it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I can just say.
Speaker 4: I just want to say one more time for the people who maybe, you know, you never know if people watching the show for the first time or the last. I had never even understood that nine to eleven humor was in an industry until Brian Campbell introduced it.
Speaker 2: Really, Luke new segment.
Speaker 1: Is this art?
Speaker 2: You just have to tell me yes or no?
Speaker 1: Is this art trivia? What book was he reading to the class?
Speaker 2: Had something to do with planes?
Speaker 1: Seriously?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: What was it?
Speaker 1: My pet goat, my pet goat? That's what he was reading at this moment.
Speaker 2: Would you put this throw blanket on?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'd put this in my house.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go to the next one, Luke, this is a cold cut stadium.
Speaker 6: Is this art?
Speaker 2: Yes or no?
Speaker 1: That's art that is skillful and delicious.
Speaker 2: All right, let's listen to this next one. I need to know is this new invention art or not?
Speaker 1: In the book? Is that really old? Jamie? I mean eating eating.
Speaker 4: Chef boyard on upside down lid. It's just a level of ingenuity I can't even fathom.
Speaker 2: Okay, look, let's go to your family feud. Sound bite of the week.
Speaker 1: Aim something or someone you should stop sleeping with as an adult, Your boss, your bow, John, that's it.
Speaker 2: Well, you cut that. You cut the joke off. The next guy said, children. I'm sorry, Luke, it did happen?
Speaker 1: He said children? He did?
Speaker 2: That was a real, real sound bite.
Speaker 1: They cut that off. They did.
Speaker 2: That was the end of the clip.
Speaker 8: I'll play it again.
Speaker 1: I am something or someone. You can take it off. You can take it off.
Speaker 2: You should should exist. It didn't exist, all right. Look, let's go to you ever played g t A so much that you get in your car, start driving, Start driving like a maniac, you know. I mean, let's watch this. Watch this red car. They threw a ball at it and it just.
Speaker 1: Get the Oh.
Speaker 2: They live though they lived.
Speaker 1: They lived.
Speaker 2: That is wild, right, that is so wild. No funeral is necessary for this one, but let's go to a real funeral. Watch the door dashed flower delivery guy there with the backpack.
Speaker 1: This is uh, these guys, I'm gonna guess this is Latin America. Oh my god. The guys are everywhere when they have the backpacks like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta watch where you're going. They buried him right after that. Look, it's time for some dream cars. That's my dream. The next one is all about driving solo or maybe hope solo.
Speaker 1: Luke, dude, you're out of control.
Speaker 2: You're you must just go hard here in the painter.
Speaker 1: No right, don't get me fucking fired.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, Look it is time to rate that TAT. I'll see this tat at the top. Give me a one to ten score.
Speaker 1: Luke, I'm afraid this is a solid five.
Speaker 2: It's not bad, right, I mean the guy.
Speaker 1: There are parts of it that are not bad, but it's not it's got some problems like the.
Speaker 2: Body, like his body is there? Off does his does his flab downgrade the test to be honest.
Speaker 4: Not necessarily because the surface is covered pretty well, but you know his I mean it's yeah, this is not my favorite.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's keep it UFC themed and go to the goat himself. John Bones Jones on the chest tattoo.
Speaker 1: On to tee. Uh, it's not a bad tattoo. Actually, it's a pretty good tattoo.
Speaker 4: The problem is, and it will lighten over time, but it's got some legibility issues by virtue of how he's done the coloring on this a little bit. So it's not a bad tattoo. The teeth, for example, are great, and the ears are great. There's a lot of it, and though the sweat quality you can see is all sure, it's good. It's not a bad tattoo. It's just there's legibility issues there.
Speaker 1: So what do you rate it? I'll give that a seven or eight.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep it going with the UFC theme. Here there's two time champion Alexander Volkanovsky.
Speaker 1: On weird ass titties on this one too.
Speaker 2: That ain't old man.
Speaker 4: Do you know he looks like do you remember that movie the black and white what semi black and white movie Sin.
Speaker 1: City with Bruce Willis?
Speaker 4: Yes, and you're the evil guy who was the control of the girl out? He was yellow and I think they cut his balls or his pecker off or something.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, do you remember that? Have you seen Sin City? Anyone seen Sin City?
Speaker 13: Back there?
Speaker 4: They know what I'm talking about. Yeah, he looks kind of like that in this picture. It's a it's a it's a cool moment.
Speaker 2: But the Korean censors look unsettled right now.
Speaker 1: They look a little on settle the Uh.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing I'm gonna say, dude, If you're gonna get real life portrait tattoos, yes, here's my feeling. You need to make sure you're paying top dollars. I think it's it's it's not a horrible tattoo, but it's not a good one. Here's the problem getting good. I would say this dude, photo realistic tattoos. It's either good or it's like there's there's no like. Oh it's a semi decent photo realist. No, you need to get like the pay for the highest level, or just don't get it at all. There's no middle ground.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's go to the next tat here's a Senator Palpatine.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a great tattoo, even though.
Speaker 2: It makes him look a little bit goofy the colors.
Speaker 4: It's the style of it's the style of tattoo. And this is like a what you would call it an American traditional style. Obviously, now this particular case, you're remixing format and colors and everything.
Speaker 1: This is a nine out of ten. That's a wow. That's a great tattoo.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see what you rank our final one on a holiday themed tat.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a negative eight billion out of eight billion.
Speaker 2: Oh god, what he said? Merry Christmas? Bitches? What's wrong here, Luke grow You didn't play its creative though?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: You give that like a three?
Speaker 1: Maybe Randy Kator likes that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, Raandy Kator likes grass on the field. I've seen his Twitter account. All right, we got one more video to close it out. For years, we've been talking about Aaron Pico's horse right and what he brings to the table. Did you ever see Aaron Peacole's donkey before? So I thought we were coming out here to see one specific donkey.
Speaker 4: Hold that motherfucker has a night stick between his legs, like you can, you can, you can, you can not? You can be back protesters with that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: So looke, that's uh, that's the ship. I hope you saw it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a solid A minus.
Speaker 18: Wow.
Speaker 1: I'll take that. Start off like you were going to fail the class and then ended up.
Speaker 2: Actually, thank you Long now look for rescuing that. Thank you as always to the great Mikey for putting that ship together. Long, I'll look you save that, Thank you.
Speaker 8: I didn't save anything. First two clips had no audio. The rest of us.
Speaker 2: God, you save the entertainment factor for the family here, and I appreciate that. All right, Uh, let's keep the fun going here. I think I deleted my rundown. What's the next to our final segment here? What are we doing here?
Speaker 1: What's next?
Speaker 2: Long album?
Speaker 24: Fan?
Speaker 8: Goodbye videos.
Speaker 2: We put the call out to you to say goodbye to me in your own way, either through a audio video a text in. We've got a bunch of submissions here. I'm very thankful already forbody who was at the time to wish me well, including in d MS and all that stuff. Our first one comes from Josh Let's watch.
Speaker 25: Hey, Brian, I think it's safe to say we're all going to really miss you. You're good dude, and you've helped a lot, so best of luck.
Speaker 1: I hope this is the fourth and the final turn of your career.
Speaker 26: Joke.
Speaker 1: Now it will come to a close. He's like, Brian's not even fifty yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Josh. I do appreciate that. Well done right there. Our second one comes from another Josh known as Kubbies fan eighty big time music fan in the Windy City. He's sitting in an audio file.
Speaker 21: What's up, luken BC.
Speaker 27: I want to say thank you guys as a day one P one donk for all the great shows, all the great laughs, all the great information, the entertainment you guys. I hope you guys are very proud of yourselves and the shows that you did and the franchise that you built. You guys should be proud of yourselves, and you deserve it.
Speaker 1: Luke.
Speaker 27: Going forward, I'm not going anywhere. I'll be there watching the show with you still BC. You're gonna be sorely, sorely missed on the show. I'm sad to see you leave, but I'm happy, uh for you, for your family. You'll be able to better provide for your family. I know that means a lot to you, and I know you're gonna do great things. But I'm gonna leave you with some parting words from the dry By Truckers on your way out. Don't let them take who you are, boy, don't try to be who you ain't. And don't let me catch in Kendale with a bucket of wealthy man's paint.
Speaker 2: Yes, don't outfit That's what I'm talking about right there. All right, thank you so much, Josh. Well done. Let's go to Alexander for our next one.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 15: I'mka from a BC eater. I like you at first thing the mma be but you know, after that overtime just really noxious. I got why Luke, he got pissed so much. Of course it makes sense uh so to me, like Lucas away gonna be the whole kitchen. You're gonna be the spicy sauce. We're kind of like sometimes Mikey, he's gonna be happy that he's not going to get any more depicts because of you. And finally, sho is then K's daddy, where's my sex?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 28: What?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 2: Thank you for showing us your chest hair, Alexander. That was fantastic. Here's Michael.
Speaker 1: I didn't even get the shop joke an absurd short story. All right, dude. People leave comments like this and then they're like they get mad when you're like, I can tell you don't funck chicks. Yeah, I just it's very obvious, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like, let me ask a question before we please, please do it? When will farting stop being funny to us?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 2: If it does that, then we canceled the show instantly.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 2: Finally, you always say.
Speaker 1: I shipped five times yesterday. That's true.
Speaker 2: All right, don't miss it. Don't forget my final time in the studio metal Ark in Manhattan. What do we have planned for that? I don't think we'll have fights to recap, right.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna fart on each other and have a good time on Friday.
Speaker 2: Let's get flatulant here, buddy, I've been doing that all show.
Speaker 1: Check out this croshy is about to find out.
Speaker 8: As loud as yours will allow.
Speaker 1: Believe me, these are words I live.
Speaker 2: By and craft piece. The difference is.
Speaker 1: The difference is one person trolling versus me being absurd ist.
Speaker 6: LT.
Speaker 2: It's time to say goodbye.
Speaker 18: Time to.
Speaker 1: Suck my balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah for LT. This is BC and the l I L. Take care of yourselves. We love you, peace and yeah, let's say we're gone, Thank you, thank you. Wow, Michael, that was beautiful. Quick one before we show the video here, how about Chef Caaz. I love this guy right in Vegas. The chef says, hope you're doing well. I want to reach out regarding my tribute video for the final show. Thank you for the opportunity to contribute. I'm Adam Casswiner Chef cass of course, he's been a dedicated listener of MK for about five years. Came for Luke, stayed for BC. The humor of the goofiness of self awareness. The Dumb Movie references the great music and the reminder not to take ourselves too seriously. The show has been a highlight of his weeks, especially on his late night drives home Luke from teaching Capaluerra there in Vegas and making it to jiu jitsu class. It's been a ritual, especially during the long nights. Cass also talking about some favorite MK memories, including the in Your House episode where I had the honor of feeding Luke and BC a gourmet meal, followed shortly by Luke allegedly upper decking my guest commode, a true MK moment, the Billy Madison references, etc. Etc. Let's hear from Chef Cass. What's that be see an, LT.
Speaker 26: It's Chef Kaz coming to you to say thank you all of your great work, all of your entertainment, all of the fun, the highs and the lows and the glowing balls that.
Speaker 1: We've all shared together.
Speaker 26: And DC super excited to see what's next for you and your continued universe expansion.
Speaker 6: Wash Dad takeover, and LT.
Speaker 1: I'll still be watching day one down here.
Speaker 26: I'll still be watching your washed ass, but you and thanks for all the great work over the years.
Speaker 2: We'll see you in Vegas. Out to Kaz. There's a there's Kas Junior there, one of his children No, we appreciate kas a lot, and I love that he plays on with that. Remember we came to our three Margarita show with that.
Speaker 1: He's got a lot of.
Speaker 21: Uh.
Speaker 2: He went on to say a lot of really nice things about us, and I really appreciate that so much. Thank you, Kaz. Let's go on to our next one. Long Look, do I pronounce this guy the next one? Zelko zelchko.
Speaker 8: That sounds better than I would have guess.
Speaker 2: All right, let's hear from this fill.
Speaker 1: BC, you trader piece of shit.
Speaker 18: If this was pickup basketball, I would elbow the fuck out of your face just for doing this to us. But you know, as a substitute, I'll just say thank you for all the memories, Thank you for doing this the last six seven years with that fat piece of shit, Luke, and good luck in all your future endeavors.
Speaker 1: Man, It's been a great journey. Much love to you.
Speaker 2: Wow, that guy brought it Fantom style, all right. Jason has a photo. He says, I was watching the show while eating breakfast the other day, and when BC broke the news, my heart sank to the floor. I've been a fan since twenty twenty, and even though my interest in the UFC has recently waned due to a lack of meritocracy and uninspired matchmaking. MK has been a staple of my life and losing the econic duo is truly heart breaking. His favorite moment was Luke reading the favorite discontinued Foods question on O g RSD. Here's a picture of BC and Okay, so this is uh Jason sent this in, but this is me with Jason's dad at our live show in Vegas. He said, I begged my parents to stop by because I couldn't be there myself.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Best of luck to the Kings of Connecticut and a f YOUFC goes to Japan for Tyra Horgucci try to avoid another rise in debacle MK for life. So this dude couldn't make it to our live show, so he sent his parents and in his place, and his dad waited in the line, took a picture with me.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine that's pretty awesome? Can you imagine what my dad would have certified? Ask, Oh my god, you'd.
Speaker 2: Been like, uh, here, son, here's here's a Roy Rogers coupon, don't ever talk to me. Yeah, yeah, that would wow. I really appreciate that he sent his dad, and his dad took you know, waited in line.
Speaker 1: Incredible.
Speaker 2: All right. The next submission is from and by the way, Chef Caz so many times has offered us come oversus house and make us dinner. A really nice guy.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that they have removed our organs.
Speaker 2: But you know I love that guy. Here's the next one from.
Speaker 1: Chris PC, my brother.
Speaker 13: This is Cop way over in Los Angeles, beating you a tearful but also fine farewell from my favorite combat sports anything Morning Combat. No matter how many times Luke called you stupid or ugly or whatever, we knew he was right, but we also knew we loved you. God speed, Sir Campbell, King of the Donks. May you be unlike the absolute failures that are the Jedi, who time and time again could have stopped the Sith but didn't because they're pussies.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 13: This is Cop saying, audios, may all of your games be loyal.
Speaker 1: Listen. That's a correct take, right there, Well done, Chris, correct take.
Speaker 2: Our next one comes from twenty twenty two CODONK of the Year France's Finest. Do you think he's happy? As in Paris because he got run out of the.
Speaker 1: UK probably right interpos looking for him.
Speaker 2: Yes, your favorite divorced it's David Appleton.
Speaker 29: Hey, BC, last doubting for the appy MK underpants before the French police confiscate them, and on my last MK merch order, I mistakenly swapped the small meant for the MK condom order and the large.
Speaker 24: For the T shirt with disastrous consequences. ANYWAYBC. More, seriously, you're a legend. You're great at everything you do, from boxing commentary to dig jokes and mildly racist gestures about Japanese MMA organizations. But above all, I'm genuinely moved by the fact that you are the only person to ever fully understand my art. That may be a bad reflection on you as a person. I don't know any mate, No more door dash, You've made it. BC is coming on three words.
Speaker 1: We act.
Speaker 2: By the way, made that song with the guitar like he's been pretty.
Speaker 1: Brilliant and fans you gotta give him that he's done something.
Speaker 2: He had his students at his house, like doing skits and stuff and then he slept well them. It was wild, right, no comment, all right. The other half of the twenty twenty two Codonka the Year representing Nova Scotia and Mount Unike. But this is not Jay, this is his wife. First Don the Boss Lady. She wanted to send her own BC farewell video with a special message.
Speaker 8: Here we go, HEYBC, Boss Lady.
Speaker 30: Here first Lady of MK. Huge congratulations, wish you all the best. We have made lifelong friendships because of this show, because of you. But there's one final connection that I'm hoping to.
Speaker 31: Make before you leave.
Speaker 30: Happy if you're watching this from your French prison.
Speaker 21: Oh oh my god.
Speaker 1: That was great.
Speaker 2: Thank you Don. By the way, Don talk about it, talk about a wonderful wife. She was willing to fly from Canada to London for our live show with her husband. That was That was brilliant. That was the reveal at the end was wealth great timing, Boss Lady, appreciate you. We also, of course have one from JP himself, the great J Piquat listens.
Speaker 1: Still broken up, Still broken up, JP.
Speaker 32: Here for Matt Nanike, donk Nation and more importantly our living legend end of an era.
Speaker 33: BC.
Speaker 32: Thank you for everything you've done for us, always including us in the culture of the show. You are phenomenal you're such a talent, best in the business. I always say thank you for spending personals in some private time with us at the live show in London. Truly truly a highlight of everything.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, BC.
Speaker 32: We'll be following your career. Love you so much, brother, and two words, we hope.
Speaker 2: Great stuff, very nice, very heartfelt, very much appreciate that you know our boy Joe the former ex Maray which one is not former from Pennsylvania, Rundemn Cheeks in the house. Let's hear.
Speaker 1: Hey, BC, it's Joe and hann of Rundom Cheeks Fame.
Speaker 34: Just wanted to thank you for everything you've done with MK and fair Winds and following sees to you in your future and thanks for having you seen this shit.
Speaker 2: By the way, Joe wore the bomber jacket. Remember when they climbed that mountain. I was at Mount Fuji's. Yeah, that was fantastic. Thank you Joe and Hannah. The next one is from Micah. He wrote a note to us. He said, I wanted to put a stamp on the whole sauce segment. BC is the sauce. I'll explain why a sauce elevates a dish. Luke is the dish chicken is good on its own, but chicken can be much better with a rich, buttery sauce. The sauce brings out the potential of the chicken. Do I want to drink the sauce on its own?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 2: No, but that sauce can make the dish five times better. You two had the perfect chemistry, the yin and the yang. All the best to BC in the next chapter, and I'm looking forward to see what the next evolution of MK looks like. Happy New Year. Wow, thank you, Michaeh. That was well said, well done, right there, Luke a great friend of our show. Average Joe Arjo Romero, California Fame, Dog Fame. We love this guy. He sent in a note to us. He says, Hi, guys, I wanted to take a second to write something out for BC's final full time show and share what MK has meant to me over the years. I've told both of you personally that my mom passed away suddenly in late twenty nineteen. It was a real bad time for me, real bad Nothing made sense anymore, and the world just felt dark. Watching an episode in MK in twenty twenty was the first time I remember laughing. After that, I don't remember what it was, but I remember an interaction between you two that made me laugh. From there, I sort of grew to accept that it was okay to laugh and enjoy things again. It was a healing moment when I needed it the most. When our beloved dogs, Brutus and Bagel passed away, you both took time out on the show each time to mention them in other words of kindness and comfort. It's something I'll never forget. For me, MK has always felt like two friends that offer comfort when times are good bad, or in between, when the rest of the world didn't make sense. BC ANDLT were there to offer levity and escape within a two hour show. BC, we love you, brother. I'm sorry to see you go, but I'm excited to watch your next chapter, Luke. The show couldn't be in more capable hands, and I'm really excited to see what you, Lil the rest of the crew have in store. We're rooting for you forever. A fan MK for life, Average Joe. That was well said right there. So the fact that we could somehow be trusted to fill that hole when people lives are going. You know, we all have seasons of heck. We go your life can go to heck. And if we became that for people, whether it was the pandemic or whether it was after a loss of a loved one, good lord, Look, that mean that's that's an important job. And I appreciate that. We also had some ex staffers send in some videos here.
Speaker 1: I want to see who didn't send one in.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think we need to shame them, but.
Speaker 1: I just want to want to congratulate and thank them.
Speaker 2: I appreciated you know, everyone from Showtime, CBS, Sports, Malka, everyone who sent in, but everyone who.
Speaker 1: Worked best question the most surprising person who reached out.
Speaker 2: I don't even have an answer. Oh I told you John Goodin from UFC. Oh right, that's awesome of them. I mean it's just been so much love out pouring, and I really just think we we were hard on our staff, like we expected a lot out of them. We shook those Macha guys up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was very tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean, you know, I mean, like how about a guy like Mikey Mormle from Seeing you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like just was the rock of our show at somebody who put it in the hard yards, who just.
Speaker 2: You know, whether it was keeping us in it together and happy and moving forward or just doing the hard work behind the scenes, you know, Matt Snyder of Showtime, Courtney Mag. How about all the great people from Malca like Ashley Engaged by the way, Yeah, shout out to Courtney Mag.
Speaker 1: We appreciate what that on Instagram Official.
Speaker 2: So many people that I want to mention. A couple of these people sent in the videos our first one coming at us. I believe it's from our boy. What do you think about Corey Minicci, Just one of the best.
Speaker 1: Just excellence.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go there.
Speaker 16: What's up BC and the MK fan? First of all, congrats on the new gig. Sounds great and definitely fully deserved. Excited to see what you build over there with CBS, with the new UFC format. Man, there's definitely been a lot of changes to MK over the past couple of years, but it was definitely sad and emotional here and that it's over in the way that we knew it. So thank you for all the good times, all the laughs. I miss all those studio days, all the all the days on the road. One story that quickly comes to mind is, UH, when you dipped out on us on dinner because you were too deep into the uh the Delta eight's and UH sat down for dinner in Vegas, I think it was a diner in New York, New York, sat down with I think it was me, Mikey and Jake von Amsterdam. You sat down, you looked the menu, and you said, I gotta go to bed. You went to bed, and then we walked through the casino maybe an hour later, and saw you grabbing a pizza.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Very good times, man, too many good times to name. Love the the doc rewatch alongs. I've watched them through a couple of times recently too, and just reminisce and uh, yeah, we really had a good thing going man.
Speaker 1: So I'm happy for you.
Speaker 16: I'll still be tuned into m K, I'll of course still be tuned into Main Car Minute, and I'll be tuned into everything you got cooking over there, uh with CBS and UFC, with the new ventures. So happy for you, and UH looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I love that guy that was at the Italian restaurant in New York, New York, and I Lithuanian exited. I'm like, I gotta go to sleep, and I did go to sleep, but then I woke up and I'm like, y, I can crush some.
Speaker 1: This is what BC does.
Speaker 4: I'd be like, you want to go to dinner? He's like, no, dude, I gotta go take a nap. And then I'll be like the next day, like what do you do for dinner? He's like, oh, I met up with everybody?
Speaker 2: No, not true, thank you.
Speaker 1: Didn't we go to Gonzalez? Is that what the name of that place?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we went through.
Speaker 1: It's called Gonzales. Gonzales, Right, we went there. I was like, well, I was there for that, not that this was that was a dustin.
Speaker 2: Two yes, right, yes, yes. Our next one's from Randy Cooter.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 4: And I didn't see it until I didn't see the levels moving, and that's when it wizard. How am I supposed to?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Like, I don't know what to do with you? Uh, you know.
Speaker 2: Obviously it's not a lifestyle issue. It's a genetic issue.
Speaker 8: That was the long lost Randy Couture interview that we never got to air.
Speaker 1: I didn't joke, didn't land.
Speaker 2: All right, Our next one comes from I mean, if you had to, you know, say something about Tristan, Tristan, what's Tristan's last name?
Speaker 8: Wait, we're skipping one before this got it might not be on the list, but Brendan Lynch.
Speaker 1: Poor Man's Gordon Ryan.
Speaker 2: I love that guy, our old social guy from from Malca West. Let's listen to the poor Man's Gordon Ryan.
Speaker 28: B C thanks for making Morning Combat one of the best combat sports shows ever made, as well as one of the most on shows I've ever worked on. I'm so proud. Congratulations and you're gonna kill it at CBS.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was really nice with that guy.
Speaker 1: That guy he was always had good ideas. He was really friendly.
Speaker 4: He watched the she liked one of the because did listen work on these shows, these production people at showtime. Let's be honest, some of these motherfuckers couldn't be bothered to like look at five seconds of this.
Speaker 1: But then Brendan Lynch was like into the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he ran our Twitter account and very much those days. And he's also jacked as ship. That guy must tear it up on the weekends.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he he probably gets a lot of I was recently engaged, maybe maybe no.
Speaker 1: More terre around.
Speaker 2: I was gonna mention our boy Tristan, who uh you know. I always felt like if sh it was going to go down and we needed somebody to like kill mother effort, like Tristan would just step in. I mean he had like animals tattoo.
Speaker 1: No way, he hasn't killed animals with his bare hands before. Tristan.
Speaker 2: G Right, that's our guy. Let's hear from trist Tristan the man.
Speaker 33: How's it going BC? Former MK camera man Tristan here, you know with the rabbit animal tattoos, wanting to issue the best of luck on your continued endeavors with CBS Sports and wanting to let you know that you will forever live on in the MK multiverse.
Speaker 1: Best of luck well interested, Well, if you ever crossed me, I'll wear your skin. He'll kill you and wear your skin and come back as like BC, like Vincent Dinofrio and and uh as like the Bugman.
Speaker 2: And that's the most words. What the the most words we've.
Speaker 8: Ever He has those box cutters, table full of box cutters, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Look that's the most I want him to say. That's the most amount of words we've ever exchanged, but I did hang with him once in Minneapolis when I was out there. Call him showtime. Boxing's actually a really good hang So shout out.
Speaker 1: You're that guy in the movie Stripes. I don't want you know. The guy was like, any of you h words, touch my stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll kill you.
Speaker 1: That's trust them.
Speaker 2: Our next one comes from well, I mean, what what can we really say about Jake von Amsterdam. What is Jake's real last name?
Speaker 8: Roseman?
Speaker 2: Jake Roseman. Jake Rosemand started off as our weird camera guy and just somehow evolved into a playable character and the genius behind the docks. Now, Matt Snyder was a genius behind the docks as well, but it was Jake that edited, put it together and really excited the plans. Yeah, and one of the nicest and weirdest and nicest people I've ever met, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I agree with both those things, all right, and nice.
Speaker 2: Let's hear from Jake.
Speaker 10: Hey BC, Jake von Amsterdam here, thank you for everything you've given us through the MK universe. Thank you for your artwork, thank you for blessing us with your far jokes and good look on your next endeavor in return for all you've given us, I want to give you thirty seconds of me sparring muay Thai and let me know if I won this round?
Speaker 1: How are you fifteen? With checks out here?
Speaker 2: Look at a repid Okay, I remember when he first started training, made some podcasts Day Roseman, that's my guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I can get knocked out.
Speaker 2: This is the most masturbatory episode we've ever done. I will say, though, Jake, those docs were are he actually entered them into a like local film festivality Jersey Is.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure how much people like this is the funny part about it. It wasn't like we told him, you know, just to do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: This was like he just kind of did.
Speaker 2: We created storylines and he just took it. And by the way, he also when he stepped into character at that time on that episode, on the karaoke episode, I mean just it's one of the greatest moments. We also want to hear for Dafney Jperre real.
Speaker 8: Quick because you skipped it a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Now, Drew, we got Drew, Oh well it's not an I did skip it twice. Yeah, let's go to Drew Miller you remember that dude.
Speaker 1: No, I love that guy.
Speaker 28: What's going on?
Speaker 22: BC heard it's your last day at MK I just wanted to say congrats and that you're gonna do awesome at CBS Sports. My second day at MALCA was the Tank Rollie weigh in where you fell off the stage at Barkley Center and have kind of been a fan ever since then. Listened I did, I shot MK uh the following Monday, I did a bunch of you know, social edits and helped with you know, YouTube cuts and all that stuff. So I just want to say, good luck man, You're gonna do awesome and thanks for all the last year, half of the years.
Speaker 1: Good luck man, appreciate you. Drew.
Speaker 2: That was very nice.
Speaker 1: This good dude. He was a good He was a big metal fan.
Speaker 2: Yes, he worked on a lot of our rooftop pre game for he was back in the day right there, all right, now we have one Gaffney Jperre representing his represent Haiti love that guy. Love that guy.
Speaker 1: What does he bes?
Speaker 2: The congratulations on the next chapter.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 2: I wish you all the success in the world.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 34: It's crazy to see you go. It's been a long, long journey and It's been a fun ride, hasn't it. So your sense of humor is gonna be missed. Enjoy everything, and I'm gonna miss you, big beige piece.
Speaker 2: One love to Gaff by the way, that was our I forgot we had that shirt that grand.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, I've completely lost track of the merch we've done.
Speaker 2: Don't think I ever owned that shirt, which is crazy. But Gaff by the way got a more I know, Damian the Donk did it too. Gaff got a morning combat tattoo, that is true, and I just damn Gaff Okay, and he's still doing great ship on the main cardman. And what's his uh? What's his solo channel?
Speaker 8: One more round round?
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: Gaff is a legend right there, Long Island.
Speaker 8: Luke, you made one too, Yeah, so I made a thirty second day in the life of Brian Campbell.
Speaker 1: Okay, just masturbating for thirty seconds.
Speaker 35: I thank you for everything, brother, It's been a pleasure working with you in the past few years.
Speaker 8: Never a bad day at work. You're the man.
Speaker 35: You're giving me more advice than you probably realize. Wishing you nothing but the best. But just remember m K will never die. Okay, MK, is not just you and Luke. It's a lifestyle. It's a mindset, all right, MK for life BC, never fucking forget it.
Speaker 1: I must see you soon, brother, be good, so good out of time?
Speaker 2: Was that a Hannah Goldie?
Speaker 1: I g run?
Speaker 8: I think it was all Pete fans?
Speaker 2: Did your girlfriend and film that?
Speaker 8: Yes, we filmed it yesterday.
Speaker 1: She is great? That is legend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I'm told that there's a special surprise here. Can you see that?
Speaker 1: Up? Long out? God help us? Yeah.
Speaker 8: So Jake van Amsterdam not only did he film that video with the sparring he put together it is four minutes and eight seconds worth of well let's just play it.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my god, it's London. This is February. Can they hear us? Yeah? No, no, no, we've done that bit.
Speaker 2: Do you want to come in and see my flat?
Speaker 33: Welcome to London?
Speaker 1: Just good, just good. This is where we do the room service diaries, you know.
Speaker 2: Put a couple of scotsman here, maybe an ip switcher.
Speaker 31: On two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine ten.
Speaker 1: Where are we right now in in London?
Speaker 8: What did we do yesterday?
Speaker 15: You for it?
Speaker 31: This is Thursday morning and this is still I'm awake, but this is still the euphoric hangover of possibility of success, of a happy ending. Timing in this life is everything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're packed in, we're holding, we're smiling, we're living, We're golden. You stumbled into the greatest combat sports show they ever thought about putting together. You know what I'm saying. It doesn't matter who you are, where you're from, how you got here, for the most part, what your police record is.
Speaker 31: Right, if you declare customs, you know, you can be part of what we're doing.
Speaker 2: I can get down with this vibe right here. My name is Brian Campbell, that BBC with that b D the American Alpha, the beij Ester who just absolutely brings it.
Speaker 6: It's just water.
Speaker 2: It's probably not water, though, to be honest with you, it's probably not. We do this because we'd love all right, thank you, and because they pay pretty well.
Speaker 1: I can barely stand with you, and you're my best friend.
Speaker 2: What great art is at it's at its core is it is unscripted. I don't know what's gonna come out, but I do know that the world needs to hear it.
Speaker 1: To fold us work.
Speaker 4: That's good, great, Yeah, good Lord that weed is good, so they call it the rug.
Speaker 1: Between the three lines.
Speaker 2: Let's do the cheese triple. Okay, let's get into it, triple triple.
Speaker 1: Feel better?
Speaker 2: Are we doing a video or picture.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be the best nights of our lives?
Speaker 3: Professionally and hopefully personally too. We work all those years for moments exactly like this.
Speaker 16: All right, Okay, I'm actually very surprised at the quality of my jackon.
Speaker 2: This is like the fans super Bowl, this event, this is so cool a r.
Speaker 25: M.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen It's pretty m kay ol day a drunk every morning. Combat fans got a favorite. Some people came here for LT, and some people will stay here for LT. But I think a few people here along the way have realized that they love LT as I do also love them somorrow.
Speaker 36: Touching hands, by reaching out, touching me, touching.
Speaker 2: Carola good times never thay so good, so goad soa. So these toes of mine, you know, oh.
Speaker 1: Nicely done? Oh my god, they cut out there.
Speaker 4: I made fun of you eating that Trappell sandwich and whatever it was called, and I said it was like dog food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jake pot Amsterdam. If that's the closest thing we get to documentary eight with all that lost footage. That's pretty great, brilliant.
Speaker 1: That's pretty great.
Speaker 2: Wow Wow Luke Wow, yeah, man, I mean that was the highest moment, it really was. We won the award. But when we sold out that that podcast festival, the paquettes flew across the Atlantic. People came out from you know, we never been in London. I never I had never been in London.
Speaker 1: It was the first time. Yeah, and we's been a while, nineteen years since I'd been there.
Speaker 2: We still have five hundred seats. That's wild. We headlined the festival.
Speaker 1: That is it. By the way, shots Dan Hardy who was there, Yes, there.
Speaker 2: Dan's wife wife Veradica, also saw no Saul.
Speaker 1: From uh well I met I met up with him in d C a few months ago.
Speaker 2: From what's the name of the Chasing status was there as well. And by the way, he came with gifts.
Speaker 1: You sure did he? Sure he showed up like marijuana Santa CLIs.
Speaker 2: Wow, dude, wow. Matt Snyder showing up in that as well.
Speaker 1: Matt Snyder, you can speak on the microphone if he wants to say anything. Matt, do you want to say anything? On the air. No, he's done.
Speaker 2: He had tight pants. Let's let him know that. But I want to say, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Sure he showered this one.
Speaker 2: Matt Snyder. I used to I used to call Matt Snyder like five times a day because I just wanted this show to work and last and survive. And I said, one day, one day, Matt, the show will consume ninety percent of not just your work, weekly your life. And I don't know if we ever got to that point, but Matt, I appreciate the the the understanding of this weird art and the allowance of the showtime budget to execute a.
Speaker 1: Lot of that.
Speaker 2: And Jake, you are a weird evil genius and I appreciate not evil loving genius, and I appreciate you so much. And LT Well, first of all, shout out you know, like we said, like we already shouted out, b Deport, Mikey Morimile, Courtney mag you know, the Malcha crew, Ashley Hooper, Yeah, all those guys you saw there. Jason Aaron, who is a sometimes a punchline and a gag for us, but also was a key part in us getting through the pandemic and taking that show remotely through. I mean, all the people you remember Sally, you remember Bianca, Carly. I mean, I'm talking about like so many people through the years that have worked on this show. I appreciate you all, definitely, definitely, but elt I appreciate you the most. I do want to say, like, you're the best in the world at what you do. And I mean that. And that's ultimately, as much as this sauce bit was fun, is the reason why the show ever worked. You brought the audience, you brought the world class uh knowledge, and you know, your ability to break things down is the reason why you have built the following you have that is uh, that is spoil proof, It's it's disaster proof. You know what I'm saying. And I think and I think that's a that's a credit to the word, to you know, chipping away with the acts and knocking down the tree and your willingness to take a chance, at least from an MMA standpoint on somebody like me who was just a wild card, and I was coming into a point when we first hooked up where I was I turned forty, I finally kind of got my mental health together for the first time and was just like fuck it, I'm just gonna go for it. It's gonna go for it. And you could have taken some of the things I said the wrong way, but instead you you gambled, and you're Ultimately you don't get the credit you deserve for your commute timing, your understanding of the character you played on the show, which is probably a reflection of the dark soul that you sometimes employed, but just your like my my corny dad jokes don't work unless you're playing the spoiler.
Speaker 1: On the other side.
Speaker 2: So your ability to sell my bullshit is ultimately what allowed me to be the sauce and play the role I played on it. But at the end of the day, you built this house, you built this audience, We built the show together. But we don't even have this show if you don't take a chance with me. So I appreciate that. I love what we've done. I love becoming your friend, and you know we're gonna work together again with you know this. This is goodbye for now, all right? Thank god, this was something, This was something truly truly special. And to all the fans, like your willingness to let us into your lives, to let us be ourselves and to keep coming back and to somehow credit us with allowing you to pause the realities of life and make you laugh or encourage you. Like I don't know if I've even ever told you this, but I you know, I went for a hike one time in twenty fourteen. My career was kind of out of stand still, and I couldn't get over the hump. I just had a vision. I just had, like I was praying, and I just had a vision of like a daily show that in theories about combat, but it's not really it's about life. That's where a lot of those catchphrase, those corny catchphrases I created, you know, it's the it's the documentation of the growth of men and all that. And I thought I found that show a couple of times along the way, but I didn't what I But when we started MK, I knew that was what I had been waiting for. And the fact that the corny ass shit that we created mattered to people. I've never ever ever took that for granted. This became a destination for people's lives, not just for their hunger for combat sports. That's a responsibility that meant the world to me. And yeah, I got really bad jokes and MMA white belt takes and you know, a few other things going against me. But the combination, as you said eloquently in Docs one and two, us together we brought out the best in each other. And I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate you very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: I don't want to have the last word, but I'll have my last word on this one since it's your episode. But yeah, man, I thought a lot. Again, I thought so much about what to say at a moment like this. I think in general, I've kind of said it all for the most part. I think what I would settle on.
Speaker 2: Like, do we finally have to bang? That's what the people all.
Speaker 1: The time comes for fucking.
Speaker 2: Each out?
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, they should have brought it in each other. It be great, that'd be great. But in all seriousness, uh, I mean there's the truth. Man.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I could pay you a higher compliment. I've already said. You know, CBS is lucky to have you in the reason. I know this because we were looking to have you, and you know again, it was just it was such a relief. I never had to question anyone else's commitment to a project. You know, it was like I've worked in other projects and that's just well, you know how that go. Bro, It's it's hard to get that. But what I will say too is again it's just a personal perspective. I don't mind working alone, which as you well know, and I can do a lot of it and I'm happy with it. But I if I ever said to myself, if I'm you know, it would be able to I would be like I remember, like, you know, the peak of like doing a lot of like live chats and then fifteen hours of live radio. You know, you just kind of a lot of yourself talking. I thought to myself, Man, I really would like to be able to bounce this off with someone. But you know, it can't just be anybody. I don't even know who the fuck it would be. And then your goofy ass comes along and I'm like, I can't believe it's going to be this guy, but it's going to.
Speaker 1: Be this guy, and it complete. Dude, you delivered. You delivered, you completely as a partner.
Speaker 4: As a friend, as an architect, you know, as a campaigner, an advocate.
Speaker 1: You delivered. You did it.
Speaker 4: You did, you fucking did it, man, and you know you you brought me to a place that I had never been and uh, I'm not sure every I want to go again. But uh, in all seriousness, you know, I don't know if I could pay someone to higher a compliment than I'd rather be alone unless it's Brian Campbell.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know what I mean. Wow, thank you, And now that I've had plenty of Brian Campbell, I'd like to go back to being.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I'm very happy that lasting lasting.
Speaker 4: Lest thing we'll say is do job well done, thanking, job well done. And I thank you so much as a friend.
Speaker 2: And I mean I grew a lot knowing you. I honor and respect the father, the husband that you are and that has always like I will always judge someone on that at the end of the day, you know, I mean, could you could you get a little surly? Yeah you can get a lot of surly, but you know could But you also had to tolerate me pressing your buttons for the sake of the show, for the sake of the art. And I've tried to balance being a real friend with being an asshole the best I could to as you have done a great job balancing being an asshole and a great friend, the best you could too. And at the end of the day, I'm proud and I just say thank you to you to everybody. Thank you boy, we really just this was just full on. Thank you for the form, thank you for the platform. And MK is not dead long. Luca's right. It's a mindset, it's a lifestyle. I hope to I hope to guest in the future. I hope to reunite one day. I hope a lot of things.
Speaker 1: In the words of Motel six, We'll keep the light.
Speaker 2: On even though you can play the dark soul guy once in a while. Don't stop believing you haven't even hit your peak yet. You haven't even hit what you're gonna be capable of doing. All right, you have what what you can't teach, nurture it, keep letting it grow, Let the world see it one day, Just let it to the world. Just see the whole see the whole thing. All right, Thank you. I won't pander any much more long Island, Luke, thank you as well again. Great stuff.
Speaker 8: Thank you been a pleasure brother, all right.
Speaker 2: And finally, for the last time, for now, two words that we say with love. You can follow us. But first of all like subscribe continue watching the show. Thank you to everybody in the extended universe. From Chuckmanton, Hall, Rashott Evans, Jed Meshu, Aaron Bronstet or Shaquille MAJORI. We've had so many great contributors over the years. Thank you to everybody there.
Speaker 24: Uh.
Speaker 2: If you want to profit off my exit now would be a great time. Warning combat touch shop fifty percent off. The sale goes through what tonight?
Speaker 1: When does that end? Yeah?
Speaker 8: So I have it to end at five pm Eastern times? Ok, three and a half hours.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: Shout out to everybody.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You can purchase it, mix and match the colors. All proceeds go to the three of us for the end. Average jar, thank you again for being a huge part of what we do here, all the donks of the year. So I woll everybody else for the final time we are out of here.
Speaker 19: Would you dance.
Speaker 14: If I asked you to dance?
Speaker 11: Would you cover?
Speaker 19: Jake Cole ben as cream?
Speaker 14: Just give it a chance?
Speaker 21: Would you come fast?
Speaker 19: You're wrong?
Speaker 14: Und wrong? Would you preserve my job tonight?
Speaker 19: Would you tremble.
Speaker 21: If we went tip to tip?
Speaker 14: Would you laugh at all?
Speaker 19: My dick jokes.
Speaker 34: Tell me this.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 19: Would you watch Holloway and Volcanovski a total of foteen nine fucking times.
Speaker 12: I can be your cost behavior. I could kiss away your pain. I will stand by you whoever.
Speaker 11: They can't take my sauce away, m kay A day every day.
Speaker 14: Would you swear that you're always been mine? Would you give me a producer credit and give me some shine, because after all, I've.
Speaker 11: Got a large.
Speaker 17: Fanbase, the heart of a lion from a factory town.
Speaker 12: Have you seen these shit?
Speaker 19: You answer?
Speaker 22: Bah?
Speaker 17: Let me sauce on your face tonight. I can be your co host behavior. I can kiss away your pain. I will stand by you forever. They can take the sauce away, m k O day every day