Speaker 1: Welcome to a brand new second Date Update podcast, and we will talk real soft for any of our American Irish listeners who may be drink too much last night.
Speaker 2: Nice gentle, gentle like that?
Speaker 1: All right, we do have a brand new one for you, but before we get to it, we do love your comments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Eden Levin said, I'm a singer of a swing metal band, Shooby Doom from Germany and raising and when we travel to shows, I forced my band to listen to new episodes. First they ask why did you put that on instead of music? But as episode continues, I hear them laughing comment thank you for making our travel time funny, and my band members annoyed.
Speaker 2: This is the most complex band that it's ever lived. I'm going to go look up your music right now. I hope it's on YouTube. We're also on YouTube if you're not there already. At Brook and Jeffrey, what a great comment.
Speaker 1: We're going to get that brand new episode dedicated to shoeby Doom Shoody Doom from Germany from Germany right.
Speaker 2: Now, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Date Updates.
Speaker 4: Whenever people email us saying they matched with someone online, we usually assume it's on one of the big dating apps, Tinder, Hinge, Bumble, Grumbler, all the usual ones. But one of our listeners says he found a lady on an app that I've personally never heard of before, but the name of it intrigues me alone.
Speaker 2: I tell me it's a pun.
Speaker 4: Let's find out more about it. We'll speak to Brian. Brian, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 5: Oh, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's just gonna be one huge ad for a niche dating app that nobody knows about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can tell us about this particular app that you use. What's it called?
Speaker 5: Well, the app that I'm on it is called Bristler.
Speaker 4: Bristler bristler. Is it like with a brist like a circumcision sort of thing?
Speaker 6: Well, no, I think one might be different, but more like bristle as in like beards.
Speaker 5: So it's for women that like beards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, better than beard oshuter or beard old.
Speaker 5: I don't work for them, but I like it so far.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what kind of facial hair are you sporting?
Speaker 1: Because I would assume you have to have some sort of requirement of beard and mustache to get on this app.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to prove that you have a beard at least.
Speaker 7: Okay, So a goateee or like a mustache wouldn't fly on this site.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've seen it, but I guess, well, I guess I haven't, because you know, I'm only looking at the women do not have beards.
Speaker 4: No, it's okay, it's okay. You could say you're perusing the guy's apps too, just for I.
Speaker 2: Guess the women don't have facial hair.
Speaker 4: I know Brook would be so popular on this app.
Speaker 2: You'd get so many her Let it fly, girls, let it fly.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I think we get the idea. What's the name of the woman that you matched with?
Speaker 5: I matched with Olivia?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, did she hit you up first?
Speaker 6: I reached out at the beginning of the week and then to have made plans for the weekend?
Speaker 4: All right? So where does a manly, masculine, bearded guy like yourself take a woman for a first date.
Speaker 5: I like to go to David Busters.
Speaker 2: A little arcade, little out there.
Speaker 5: Amazing sliders. That my favorite.
Speaker 2: So what was it like when you first met her?
Speaker 5: We were just polite at first, and we gave a gentle hog.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so once we're done being polite. Then what happened?
Speaker 2: Then they gave it aggressive get over here and things got real.
Speaker 6: Oh, we just sat at the bar, got some food. Then the conversation started flowing pretty naturally.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get nervous.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of pressure on how your beard looks for this, like.
Speaker 5: You know it. Oh, of course I have all the oils and the trimmers. Good made it look real nice.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: And when you two were talking, what did you like connect over?
Speaker 6: How'd you bond Well, we both bonded over for just being down for kind of anything I mean, and also how nice she was. She complimented me on like the way I looked the beard, obviously, and then I thought she was adventurous. Not a lot of girls would want to go to Dave and Busters, but she was down for it.
Speaker 1: Games.
Speaker 4: Did you help her hold the gun?
Speaker 2: Or I was thinking he like got too competitive.
Speaker 1: Or I'm trying to figure out what we're wrong here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I cheered her onto the games.
Speaker 6: We were working as a team because we were trying to get enough tickets to get a stuffed animal.
Speaker 4: So you're there a long time, okay, But now I'm with Brook, How did you mess up?
Speaker 2: How did you tell us?
Speaker 6: Okay, so I know it's more of a second and third date kind of thing you drop on someone. But I told her I'm a Disney adult.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you guys know what that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're like adult who's obsessed with Disney, maybe goes to Disneyland a lot for.
Speaker 4: A vercation, names their children after Disney characters. Quiet down, dopey.
Speaker 2: For that. That's a good point.
Speaker 4: There should be a why do you think bringing that up? May have been a weird point?
Speaker 5: You do have to tell someone not everyone's really into it.
Speaker 6: And she kind of was asking me about it, and I think she was kind of like trying to get me to say, like what that means for me?
Speaker 5: Like what level is she working with here?
Speaker 4: I guess, yeah, like are you a fan or do you have Donald Duck bed sheets?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: And so I told her it's like, well, it means like with a group of friends, I go like five six times a year, five or six, Okay week.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I could see why, like looking down the road, that would be hard in a relationship if you weren't both on the same boat.
Speaker 4: There. Yeah, did you gauge her love of Disney?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I asked her.
Speaker 6: I was like, well, you know, I really love Disney.
Speaker 5: Do you love this? And she said, I like it. I do really like it.
Speaker 4: I love most people. After the Disney Converse sation, you felt the vibe change a little bit.
Speaker 6: I don't know if she's just being nice again about it or she just played off really well.
Speaker 5: But she was like, no, I like it, you know.
Speaker 6: And yeah, I mean it wasn't as intense before, but it wasn't like a full on drop offs. It was just like, oh, yeah, that that is newest information I guess.
Speaker 5: But yeah, she's not getting back to me. I've tried to call in her, but you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: Like you understand that in a relationship, if you date someone who's not a Disney adult, there'll be some compromise.
Speaker 2: Right, you're a reasonable guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean i'd like to think.
Speaker 4: So Brook's going to be your fairy godmother when we come back.
Speaker 7: Oh you're really good mickey mouse impression.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're going to do Cinderella style and ask to see her feet when we come back and do a second date up there. We're going to see if that slipper fits Disney style right after this.
Speaker 5: Hold on, it's a little weird, but thank you.
Speaker 4: All right, We're on it.
Speaker 2: Hold On, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 8: Second Date Updates.
Speaker 4: It's a special fairy Tale edition of Second Date Update today. Yeah, where our listener, Brian, who's a self proclaimed Disney adult, is looking to find his happily ever after And how does that happen? Well, in Cinderella, the Prince brings a glass slipper from house to house. How do we do it on our show? We request feet picks to see if they match what we like. Brian. I'm not getting too creepy here, am I?
Speaker 5: I think so?
Speaker 1: It wasn't even going to tell you that it was your feet picks that he was hoping for.
Speaker 5: Oh well, I mean, yeah, do you think that's gonna help? You're the experts.
Speaker 4: We'll request those from you later. But the thing is, we still don't really know if Olivia actually got turned off by Brian's admission that he's a Disney adult and he goes to Disneylane five or six times a year. But my co hosts think that could be at least one red flag.
Speaker 1: It's just like two different lifestyles, right, it's like hard to imagine going there five or six times.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Disney adults instead of going somewhere else, they just go back and back, ye, back. Some people like going to the beach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have that too.
Speaker 7: Walt, Disney World has some mess beaches.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, that could be a good second date. Go into like a beach version of Disneyland. See her in a bikini, Disney hoping we'll ask for bikini shots after the feat. That's what doesn't.
Speaker 2: Ask for pictures. He did not say that.
Speaker 4: Jeff is very creative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the village, the beach. Then fine, you're really giving off Gaston right.
Speaker 4: Now, the hottest one. Thank you.
Speaker 8: Brook.
Speaker 4: Anyway, let's just call Olivia. We'll see if she answers the phone, and I'll see a chance to say here we go. Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Olivia. Hey, Olivia, you're on a radio show right now. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Hi, good morning.
Speaker 9: I'm I'm actually confused.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's okay, because we're doing a segment here it's called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners. That you met up with recently, a guy named Brian.
Speaker 9: Oh, because he's.
Speaker 4: Not hearing back from you after the two of you hung out at david Busters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it sounds like it was fun.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm sorry. How do you how did you get this information?
Speaker 4: Well from him, because honestly, he's a little bit disappointed that the two of you hadn't had a second meetup.
Speaker 9: Okay, so what do you want to what do you want to know.
Speaker 2: Exactly if there's a specific reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, are you trying to avoid a second hangout?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I mean, I just I don't really know if we were a great match.
Speaker 4: Okay, what made you feel that way?
Speaker 9: I think that maybe our lifestyles are different.
Speaker 3: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 9: Just like our hobbies and our interests are a little different. He's into it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well we'll just ask does that have anything to do with his affection for the world of Disney?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I mean, okay, once he told you he was a Disney adult and he explains that he vacations there five to six times a year, Like, what was going through your head?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, okay, I've never met anyone who like loves Disney like that, but I will say that I'm actually pretty open minded, and so.
Speaker 9: When he first brought it up, you know, I thought like, oh, this is just like a quirky kind of passion. But then he kind of got.
Speaker 8: Like a little more into it, and so he showed me a picture on his phone of one of the trips he went on, and it was with him and like a bunch of his buddies, like a bunch of dudes, and they were all dressed up like snow white doors.
Speaker 6: Oh that's kind of funny.
Speaker 1: I've seen that where a lot of Disney adults will cosplay, like when.
Speaker 2: They go on the trip.
Speaker 4: What about him being dressed as a dwarf was unappealing to you?
Speaker 8: Well, I think I realized, like looking at that photo. So we met on this app I have a thing for beards. I thought he was attractive, you know initially, but then I called this photo and all of the guys there have beards except one.
Speaker 5: It was dopey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you were attracted to all of the dwarfs in addition to bright.
Speaker 8: No, it was just I think I kind of realized in that moment that like his whole identity is wrapped up into being this kind of cartoon dwarf. Like, this isn't a one time thing.
Speaker 9: This is suspenny.
Speaker 1: What wait, you're saying he's not a Disney adult. He is a real life dwarf from the Seven Dwarves.
Speaker 4: Like a fanatic. Yes, okay, just.
Speaker 1: Because it's one trip though, that doesn't mean he dresses like that all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It wasn't dressed like that for your date, right.
Speaker 8: No, he was wearing regular clothes. But something else weird happened. He walked me to my car, and then as you're walking to my car, he was singing the high host song.
Speaker 4: It's off to Kiss we Go he joking.
Speaker 2: Was it a joke because of the picture from earlier?
Speaker 9: I don't know, you know, I just met him, so like this is my first impression.
Speaker 6: All right, You're like, what do.
Speaker 4: You do for living? You're like, I'm a minor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this diamond I was pulled out from behind you ears.
Speaker 4: Oh, now Alexis is interested. But okay, it sounds like, Olivia, you were just kind of overwhelmed by how into Disney he is.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's just kind of made me question things.
Speaker 4: We can all understand why you might feel that way. I'm curious if Brian does, though, because he is on the other line of this call waiting to jump in and talk to you.
Speaker 8: Are you serious?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, you guys couldn't tell me this.
Speaker 9: When I just told you all.
Speaker 4: Sorry about that, Olivia, But yeah, he's there, Olivia, I get.
Speaker 5: I get what you're saying there. By the way, I'm sorry I had to go this route, but maybe I played into it too much.
Speaker 6: But no, I don't think I'm actually one of the seven Dwarves, but the one I play I'm bashful by the way.
Speaker 4: Sweet one. Yeah, Brooke is drunky, So yeah that one for sure, Olivia. Does that make it any better knowing which specific character he is? I feel like it does.
Speaker 8: I don't really know what to say, to be honest, I just like, if I'm gonna date you, Like, do I have to dress up?
Speaker 6: No, you don't have to. That's like, this is something I do with my friends. Of course, if you want to, like, that's the thing, but like, you don't have to.
Speaker 2: I mean, think of it this way. It's healthy.
Speaker 1: He's got good friendships, he has a cool hobby, he has other interests outside of you, which means he's gonna be no, you know, not too clingy, gone on vacation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 7: And he makes good money if he can afford to go to Disney factor total.
Speaker 4: I mean, Alexis, would you be into him if you found out he was a Disney adult that.
Speaker 2: Could I go to the beach while he goes to the park. Yeah, I think that's a good compromise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not quite a no.
Speaker 5: And you know, I I probably.
Speaker 6: Should have waited to tell you this because I normally I don't bring it up.
Speaker 5: But I felt so comfortable.
Speaker 6: Around you and you're having such a good time that I was like, Okay, why not just tell you to that's good passions.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean it's definitely different than anyone I've stated before. I guess I could try it out by a goes too far, it's not going.
Speaker 5: To be for me.
Speaker 1: Well wait, is there maybe a Disney character you're more attracted to that.
Speaker 2: He could try out?
Speaker 8: I guess we can explore the princes.
Speaker 2: Okay, they have a lot of facial hair.
Speaker 4: Oh he's going to shave for that.
Speaker 5: I bet about a little Chip and Dale. Those like those are great.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's pretty funny.
Speaker 4: Want to do whatever. But we'd like to offer. Oh oh my god, Well, Brian, feels like you two had an obvious connection, so we'd like to offer to send you out on another date, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 8: That's nice.
Speaker 9: I wasn't planning to pay for it anyway, but.
Speaker 5: Well, it's all right. I work in a diamond mine, so.
Speaker 4: Covered.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. I won't make those jokes on the.
Speaker 4: Wait.
Speaker 2: Is that a yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, all right. True love is possible in this world, not just in the Disney world. And turns out you don't have to ask to see a woman's foot and put a slipper on it to see if she's the one for you.
Speaker 9: Do come true?
Speaker 4: Dreams do come true when you're willing to change yourself as a man in order to fit exactly what a woman wants you to be when you wish upon a star. Jeff Yeah, stars and galaxy size.
Speaker 5: Good job, Brian, Well thanks so much, Yang, thanks for the help.
Speaker 2: Bashful of date, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: We really are the fairy god parents. Yeahok, and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: I was joking at the end there by saying guys can change themselves to become whichever Disney prince a woman dreams that she wants him to be.
Speaker 2: They could ever actually tell when you're joking or not.
Speaker 1: I don't think that women want you to change yourself, and I just think they want you to be cool from the start.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they want you to be perfect to Olivia, did seem tentative about his specific Disney character choices and how deep his passion was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 7: For me, someone who goes to Disney once a year, he didn't see that bad. There's literally just the real Disney adults like live at the park five to.
Speaker 2: Six times a year. Is every other month, totally.
Speaker 4: Well, my advice to Brian is don't change yourself, okay, be you just maybe wait till date three to bring your long floppy hat into the bedroom a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, that's not part of it, Jeff, didn't you hear him?
Speaker 4: Bro Okay, well, whatever it is, just be you, Brian. Whichever whichever Disney Dwarf character you are, you be the best version of that you can be.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: And if you want some help being the best version of yourself with a little bit of with a little bit of an assist from our show, email us and we can call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out our podcast. They're up a von, they're up online. Wherever you get yours. Yeah, Aprok and Jeffrey