Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Ketty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jettie and Key Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: California's Central Valley is without question one of the most vital agricultural regions in America, producing seventeen billion dollars worth of crops, twenty five percent of the nation's food supply. And to help grow and harvest those crops, many farmers here rely on undocumented workers. The Department of Agriculture estimates that about half of the hired crop workers do not have legal status. That is estimated to be more than three hundred and thirty thousand workers in the Central Valley alone.
Speaker 3: Thousand workers in the Central Valley alone, that if you followed what recent poling says, sixty percent of America wants would all be booted out of the country. And that would be obviously, if you did that all at once, would be quite the wrecking of the whole agricultural system. Doesn't mean it's not a good idea, though, because you got to have a system of some sort for having workers, and that's the job of Congress to come up with and.
Speaker 2: Be implied and follow through.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they're going to or not, but Joe and I have been talking about illegal immigration in farm workers for jeez, twenty five years or whatever being on the air, and this very part of the a California in the country that they're talking about on ABC this week, And we used to talk about it all the time when we were only on in the Sacramento area. People wuld always talk, do you want tomatoes to be five dollars? Well, then you know I was going to pick the lettuce. Yeah, exactly. It was always the conversation.
Speaker 2: And our answer was always somebody or nobody or a machine.
Speaker 3: Well, let's hear from a couple of farmers in the Central Valley and their theories on why you need to have illegals picking.
Speaker 2: Here's more from ABC this week.
Speaker 4: We can't afford a labor shortage. Back during Obama, we had a labor shortage and there were times where we actually lost some crop.
Speaker 1: I think people will look and say, but wait a minute, they're Americans who are unemployed.
Speaker 2: Why can't you just hire them?
Speaker 4: They don't want to come out here and work in this extreme conditions one hundred plus degree temperatures, dust, hard work.
Speaker 2: What if you paid them more, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: You know, we pay some of the highest wages for farm workers in the nation right here in California, and they won't come out.
Speaker 3: And just so before we have that conversation, here's a different farmer, same question, same topic there.
Speaker 2: I don't care what you pay them.
Speaker 5: I don't care if you pay twenty six dollars an hour, it ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 3: They're not going to get up at four or five in the morning, drive to the field and pick fruit. So and the question was, why, uh, why don't you just hire Americans? They won't do it. I don't care what you pay them. They're not going to get up that time of day and come out and do that job. So I don't understand why that isn't a hold on pause, let's have a conversation about that sort of revelation on ABC this week. They just move on to and they see Americans won't do this work, so it makes sense to have illegal brown people do it. What what how do you craft a society like that? How about why would people who are unemployed or underemployed take the option of not doing a job even if it paid really well, right, right? How could they do that? How does that work? How does that find? How are they paying the rent?
Speaker 6: How are they eat?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine if you went to family counseling and you said, my children refused to do their chores and the counselor said, well, let's talk about how you can hire someone to do your children's right. No, that's not the right question, right, Yeah, Oh that's funny.
Speaker 3: But we've been talking about this very topic for decades now. How have we just accepted that people born in this country shouldn't have to do work that's not I don't know, glamorous or kind of hard, or it's outside or whatever. The reason is people don't want to do it. I did that kind of work when I was in high school.
Speaker 2: Lots of us did. You can't do it in any many Americans did? But is everybody okay with that?
Speaker 3: Creating a welfare state so lavish that people can choose not to do jobs that they don't find like something they want to do, even if it pays twenty nine dollars an hour and one more amusing irony.
Speaker 2: This is amusing me for many, many years. The more quote unquote progressive. You are, the more in favor of white people, won't do this work. Let's bring in some of those brown people. I mean, that's the the further left yard, the more you're a hardcore open up the borders and let an in person, which I think is hilarious.
Speaker 3: There's also the unspoken, unstated realization that if millions of people come here and do those jobs they're getting by, they must be able to live somewhere and have a car and eat and you know, do all the things you want to do with a job right by.
Speaker 2: Definition, Yeah, it's just it's it boils down to a couple of very very simple principles. Number one is the purpose of getting the reins of government is to be able to distribute money from the treasury. Doesn't matter what the system is, they vary in how they do that, but that's the point. And in our system you've got to get a little support from a lot of people. Kim Jong un just needs a hell of a lot of support from a fairly small group of people. But in a democracy, you need a little support from a hell of a lot of people. How do you do that? By handing out money? Government benefits you know three and a half dozen different social programs that make sure nobody's going to starve. And so the second, very broad and easy to understand principle is people go for their best alternative. They will do their best option. And for Americans working in a field in the heat and the dust bent over is not nearly their best option. For some Guatemalan it is.
Speaker 3: I just I don't understand how we got to where we're okay with that, or think that that's a workable plan going forward that doesn't end up with like I've been taking in a lot of French Revolution stuff over the weekend, you know, that sort of society falling apart.
Speaker 2: I believe the French Revolution is your Roman Empire, although you are quite interested in the Roman Empire as well. It is. So the answer of how we get there is because nobody asks the question, the moral question there, the one that we keep harping on. It's not part of the conversation at all. No, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: ABC this week did a long segment on this topic and not a word of Does it seem a little weird to have a society where you've declared certain jobs off limits for your citizens, Like no that's too grungy a job, even at twenty nine dollars an hour.
Speaker 2: You just don't want to have to do I mean, would you do that with your own kids.
Speaker 3: I'll keep supporting you, you know, until you're thirty or a past rather than you go do that job.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, who would live their lives like that? Democracy's end when they realize they can vote themselves money from the treasury. Can you imagine running on the platform. I'm going to get you off of your couch and into the field.
Speaker 6: Good luck with a right.
Speaker 2: We're a soft decade country.
Speaker 3: That's just that's it, we really are, which is what France was when they fell apart. Not to get back to the revolution, but and then here they wrapped up the conversation with this portion.
Speaker 1: Deporting undocumented workers in California is complicated. The state enacted a measure in twenty seventeen that prevents state resources from being used for federal immigration enforcement. And while that law varies by city and county, California is the sanctuary city capital of America, with dozens of cities and counties protecting undocumented residents from arrest based solely on their immigration status.
Speaker 3: So that's a problem. I mean it all fits together as part of a puzzle. I hate the whole thing. But if you're going to accept I'm not, but apparently we have accepted that our American born people shouldn't have to do those jobs. Well, then you're gonna have to have illegals here. And then if you're gonna have illegals here, you can't have them being deported. So you got to be a sanctuary county. I mean, it all fits together, or.
Speaker 2: You just admit all of the above and you design a temporary worker program, which is what Congress should do.
Speaker 3: Also not a part of the conversation where they said, well, if you want it to be this way, and apparently people do well, then Congress needs to sit down and come up with a very complex system for workers or making these people citizens or whatever it is you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: But you got to come up with a plan.
Speaker 3: The all the arguments I seem to see on the Sunday talk shows, nobody was offering anything other than continuing to just randomly let people come in buy the millions, come and go buy the millions, not know who they are. Martha Radditt's even admitted to whoever was pushing back on this story. There are six hundred thousand known criminals, not the crime of being illegal, but like other crimes from Mexico or Venezuela, six hundred thousand criminals in the United States right now we don't know where they are, what kind of who does that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, that's nuts. Yeah it is. It's self destructive. It's horrible because we won't get to the root questions and the final annoying reality I'd like to trot out there. This is why I don't get many invitations to dinner parties. Oh you invited, mister annoying reality. Oh good. Is The Left raises money from soft heads, in my opinion, with their no human being is illegal, bill bridges, not walls, nonsense, and the Right raises money on boot them all out, seal the borders, and to say we're going to craft a guest worker program that's gonna let one point one million people in temporarily, we'll keep tracking them, blah blah blah, a streamline the course. That's just you can't raise money on that. It's too complicated. The devil is in the details, and there's always plenty to anger. You know, virtually everybody in the discussion. So I don't know. I don't mean to be discouraging, but as long as small money donations rule politics, it's going to be hard to work out stuff like this.
Speaker 3: I'm just appalled by the idea. I've always cringed when anybody says those are jobs Americans won't do. That makes me cringe. You cannot be a strong, functioning, successful society if you've decided certain jobs are off limits to your citizens.
Speaker 2: That's sickening as a notion. That's how empires fall back to Rome. Or if you'd prefer, I assume, with your French Revolution passion, you'd like to say, see guillotines all over America cutting off the heads of the disloyal or immigrant. I don't know what you're crazy, world, But anyway, speaking of donations contributions, the good folks at Prize Picks are going to give you fifty dollars instantly after you just play your first five dollars lineup if you use our code Armstrong with the Prize Picks app. It's fun. All you do is pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to one hundred times your cash. Run your season, all season long on Prize Picks. Yeah, that one hundred times your money. That's a pretty big deal with just four correct picks. Spend a little time looking into that, but not like the kind of time you got to put into Fantasy football at all. This is something you can do on a daily basis.
Speaker 3: Prize Picks now offers venmo for quick and easy deposits and withdrawals into your account. You could get your money within fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: And Prize Picks invented the flex play, which means you can still cash out even if your lineup isn't perfect. You can double your money even if one of your picks doesn't hit. And again it is easy and fun. Download the Prize Picks app today. Use the code armstrong. You get that fifty bucks instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. You don't have to win, you just have to play five bucks and they give you fifty using that code of armstrong, run your game.
Speaker 3: Did everybody see highlights of Trump rolling into that WWE event over the weekend with Elon and Kid Rock everybody?
Speaker 2: That was something to a deafening reception?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And then and then when the greatest Mma fighter maybe of all time wins. At the end, he goes over and gives his belt to Trump and everybody's cheering like crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean that is that is something. Yeah, yeah, I want to talk about the dynamics it works there because it's brilliant.
Speaker 3: So if you haven't heard it, we'll play a little of the audio and a bunch of other stuff on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here. That lady said Settlement a book who is now making his way to the world.
Speaker 7: Fantasatigan Flack by UFC CEO Data White, the President's LEXI got the truck.
Speaker 2: Please the people that come home?
Speaker 4: Doesn't sound in this room?
Speaker 2: Is so loud here, it is so loud. It's always how.
Speaker 6: Many comes here?
Speaker 2: But how many's long now that he's the president of Yes, oh.
Speaker 3: My god.
Speaker 2: Something Yeah, And if you saw any videos people took their phones and posted on social media, I mean because that didn't they didn't have a crowd mic on that little bit of audio. But yeah, just deafening, like the championship has just been one noise in a sports arena.
Speaker 3: Well, they did a thing up on the screen where they had Trump's name in forty five and then it kind of swept away and turned into forty seven. And then it's when the crowd really went berzerko when Trump walked out with Elon RFK Junior, Vi Vaig, Tulsey, Kid Rock, Joe Rogan, Dana White, Jelly Roll the singer, and Don Junior and the crowd going absolutely berserk. And then I don't follow. But then whoever supposedly is the current greatest MMA fighter of all time? He wins this big championship match, goes over and gives Trump the belt. Trump holds it up, crowd goes absolutely ape as Again at the end of the night, It's just like, if you're trying to run against that, how do you run against that?
Speaker 2: Well, Trump's gift, and the mainstream media in particular is just tied themselves in knots trying to understand this is Trump, a billionaire gets working people. And I think, honestly, his kids have talked about how he always took them to the work sites and explained what was going on and why the people were doing this, that and the other, and how a building takes shape and blah blah, and spent a lot of time interacting with the contractors and the workers and that sort of thing. And you know, for whatever reason, born to wealth, billionaire developer, he gets working folks and he does not have contempt for them, which is an incredible gift politically. How about that picture from the Trump plane where they are eating all the McDonald's food. So it's him and Elon and his son in RFK Junior Mike Johnson all having McDonald's big bax and stuff like that, and Trump says, make America healthy again starts tomorrow, which is also a really relatable to regular people sort of thing. We'll start eating healthy tomorrow. Well, and again in this I know it's ironic, it's a hilarious that's not ironic, but be an incredibly down to earth thing to say down to earth. Oh that is funny. Hey, I can't help a note in that really interesting group of folks who entered the UFC arena. No Matt Gates, who would have crawled across cut glass and turned down a date with three seventeen year olds to be there.
Speaker 3: This was held at Madison Square Garden, the very same arena where that Nazi rally reminiscent of the one from nineteen thirty nine was.
Speaker 2: Held in a different building that happened to have the same name. It was just like it. Yes, because there were people and speeches and shouting. Yes.
Speaker 3: First of all, the fact again that Elon is a Trump's side for everything that's happening all the time. I can't wait till that story is completely told. And then RFK Junior. They're holding the big back in his hands.
Speaker 6: He's gotta hate that.
Speaker 2: Oh he did not look overly pleased. He did not. I think Trump told him here to grab this. This will be funny. So so that bromance Trump and Elon? How long can it last?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Dang it? I wonder too. I wonder too.
Speaker 3: Axios is reporting a blow up between Elon and one of Trump's advisors over some cabinet pick. But I mean Trump and mad Dog Trump, and you know, lots of people went sideways, and Elon's got a pretty big platform to bad mouth Trump if it goes wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, everybody, everybody keep cool, remember our manners. All right, generous listening, et cetera. Yeah, right, armstrong and getty.
Speaker 8: A Spirit Airlines flight was forced to divert after it was struck by gunfire from gangs while trying to land in Haiti. A rare setback for people who fly spirit to Haiti.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really funny delivery too. That one made me laugh out loud.
Speaker 3: One of the great things that's going to come out of the RFK Junior thing, you know, if he makes it all the way to being questioned in the Confirmation. And I don't know, I'm not exactly sure where I am on him as a running h chess right now. But like there's an article in the Washington Post today, I regularly am hearing he wants to end one of the most successful health programs in world history, fluoride in the water well the Washington Post today with a one of their respected opinion writers, RFK Junior's views on fluoride aren't as crazy as you might think. And I will run through that next segment maybe, But there's a whole bunch of Germany, Denmark, a whole bunch of Western countries that banned fluoride for a bunch of reasons that are decent.
Speaker 2: I don't you know.
Speaker 3: I've never looked into it myself, but it's not insane. It's not an insane idea.
Speaker 2: I remember that argument slash conversation from my youth as a matter of fact. So yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing that. Plus we're talking to the fabulous Mike Lyons about various developments in war and peace, speaking of which, I found this so interesting, particularly in the week the wake of a conversation I had over the weekend with the guy who's involved in the sciences and knows a bunch of people in the military. But and I mentioned this briefly last week, it's peasing in the New York Times about how chronic brain trauma is become a terrible, terrible problem in the Navy's elite speedboat crews. These are the super fast speedboats that often deliver Navy seals to their targets. They go across the rough seas at sixty miles per hour per hour.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and I don't know if you've ever done that before, but it is so incredibly jarring.
Speaker 2: We did that. I've done that a couple of times in my life.
Speaker 3: But we were on a boat in Hawaii and we went flying around, taking us to some caves on the other side of the island, and just like flying through the water, bam bam bam, and you had to have a rope over the top of your feet and hold on to it with your hands to keep from flying out. But I thought, what is this doing in my head? This is a hell of a blow to your whole body, over and over again.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the point of this article is you got a bunch of guys who were in their thirties or early forties. They're just rising to the point that they ought to be in command. But they are exhibiting many, many signs that are much like NFL players who've had the worst of the the the chronic brain injury problems, junior seau, delusions, depressions, suicide, substance abuse, lots of not lots of, but because it's a fairly small number of people, but a shocking number of suicides. As these guys' brains just leave them. And I was struck by this sentence. Seeking an edge in combat, the Navy has created boats so powerful that riding in them can destroy sailor's brains. Wow. And so the theme is of a couple of stories I've got for you is the future of unmanned war is clearly the future on the land, in the air, and on the sea, and those technologies are coming on fast and furious. Here's the adline for it. Kim Jong un orders mass production of suicide attack drones, and you know, when he decides, yeah, our society, this is our priority, it becomes their priority. It's one of the benefits of being a dictator. But they are going to produce shocking numbers of these suicide attack drones, both for their own use and to export to others.
Speaker 3: So if this is the future, and I'm sure it is, being the biggest economy in the world's got to be a huge advantage, since it's not about feeding human beings into a meat grinder in a war, it's having the most you know, technologically advanced stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, that's an interesting point because we are at a disadvantage in a way. I mean, obviously this is a long philosophical discussion, but in a way because we have such high regard for individual life. Yeah, I was going to talk about it later.
Speaker 3: Russia had the deadliest month last month they've had the entire war, breaking the record they set like two months ago. So they're having there i mean, speaking of feeding human beings into a meat grinder, that's what they're doing, the Russians and Ukraine. And now the reporting today from South Korea. The North Koreas may put in one hundred thousand troops because Russia's running out of people to be fed into the grinder that is the war in the Ukraine. But the future might be what you're talking about. We just we don't have to have human beings doing that, right.
Speaker 2: You know, as long as you brought that up, I've been looking for an excuse to mention this. I thought this was crazy from the journal the Deathonomics Powering Russia's War Machine, and they talk about how, particularly in the poorer parts of Russia's hinterlands that are really poor. I mean you've got Moscow and a couple of other big city, Saint Petersburg, and then the rest of the country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've talked about when I rode the train from Moscow to Saint Petersburg when we're out in there is like a six hour train ride, and out in the middle of nowhere it looked like it was the eighteen hundreds, these big old wooden houses with big old board barns, and when it was getting dark, there was no lights on anywhere.
Speaker 2: It was just dark. I thought, well, this is something they mentioned that Russia is, you know, running out of dudes and having heavy losses heavier by the minute. In Ukraine, they're offering high salaries and bonuses to entice new recruits because they have the opposite in regard for their soldiers' lives as we do in the US. They'll feed as many guys to the machine guns as they need to from you know, World War two on or before that even but they have now offered higher salaries and bonuses, and in some of the country's poorest regions, the military wage is as much as five times the average wage. Wow, five times plus if you die on the front line, your family receives a big compensation payment from the government. And so it's life changing for your family.
Speaker 3: So it wouldn't only be patriotic to whatever extent they're patriotic about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, it could change your family's trajectory. So they say, family of a thirty five year old man who fights for a year and is then killed on the battlefield would receive the equivalent out of one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. That's more than he would have earned cumulatively working as a civilian until the age of sixty in some regions. Wow, that is so again, either twenty five years of work or you get killed on the battlefield of Ukraine and you get it right up front, not to mention other bonuses and insurance payments too.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much they count on that money actually coming to them. I don't have any sense of if Russia usually follows through on those promises or not.
Speaker 2: I think they do. But anyway, you made the point about, you know, willingness to feed people the machine gun fire. Here's another headline. Killer robots are about to fill Ukrainian skies. Kiev's drone suppliers are ramping up production of computer guided drones that are cheap and can't be electronically jammed, and I guarantee are Pentagon and Darper or at least for God's sake, they are studying these drones and their designs and the production of them and that sort of thing. This is going to completely change the face of infantry. And then finally this, I thought this was so interesting. This is actually from Wired dot com. The AI machine gun of the future is already here. It's a robotic twist on its standard issue small arms. Amid a rising tide of low cost weaponized adversary drones menacing American troops abroad. The US is pulling out all the stops to protect its forces from the ever present threat of death from above. But between expensive munitions, futuristic but complicated directed energy weapons, and its own growing drone arsenal, the Pentagon is increasingly eyeing an elegantly simple solution to the growing drone problem, reinventing the gun, and the Defense Department is testing an artificial intelligence enabled autonomous robotic gun system develop by a new defense contractor, Allen Control Systems, dubbed the Bullfrog. It consists of a seven point sixty two millimeter M two forty machine gun mounted on a specially designed rotating turret, outfitted with an electro optical sensor, proprietary AI and computer vision software, and it's designed to deliver small arms fire on drone targets with far more precision than the average US service member can achieve with a standard issue M four carbinder even next generation XM seven rifle. So it's a computerized drone machine gun with AI and optics that sees quote unquote drones coming in blows them out of the sky with a machine gun.
Speaker 3: The only I don't doubt this, and we're in a different technological time. But I just remember people saying in the eighties, smart people saying the next world will be a push button warp.
Speaker 2: It'll be all robots.
Speaker 3: In this and been an awful lot of human beings run straight into gunfire in the past forty years since I heard smart people saying that, including today in Russia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it, and this sounds horrible, but to think about it for a second, I think it's similar to the question of are we going to have robots or human beings manning the drive through at McDonald's or flipping burgers. The availability and cost has changed so much now this stuff seems realistic. It's not going to cost you a billion dollars to develop this super mobile eye in the sky machine gun. There'll be a fraction of that now, right, But you're right, there will be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the same economics exist, obviously, And if you can get some poor Russian dude, a whole bunch of them to run straight at a machine gun nest until it.
Speaker 2: Might be a lot cheaper than the robots. I don't know. Yeah, I've got a friend in.
Speaker 3: Four countries that are willing to do that. We're not willing to do that, so the different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny, and I don't know much about this, but I have a friend who operated in Europe in engineering for a long time, and he says, the Russians this goes back to the Soviet Union days. But it's still true. The Russians are great at science and terrible at manufacturing for some reason, so that might be their great disadvantage, whereas we're pretty damn good at both when we get it right. Anyway, the future warfare is changing so rapidly, you know, let's pray we don't find out what the US ultimately does and how we do it for a very long time on a grand scale. But who knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've read a whole bunch of stuff. It was in the David Sanger book and the Bob Woodward a book, a bunch of stuff about this has been the practice ground in Ukraine with this war for all kinds of different technology and weapons that didn't even exist when this thing started.
Speaker 2: So it is the next big.
Speaker 3: War between US and China, and whenever when that comes, hopefully no times in will be on the back of a lot of the stuff that's happened in the last three years in Ukraine, no doubt.
Speaker 2: And how long is it until are many, many billions of dollars worth of aircraft carriers are completely obsolete in a great power war. I mean they're just like a cow and then a field in terms of their vulnerability to smart weapons.
Speaker 3: And that's been one of our greatest advantages for the past seventy five years. RFK Junior might be crazy about some stuff. He's apparently not crazy about fluoride in the water, among other things that we can talk about coming up.
Speaker 2: Stay here, so here you go. You've got fourth and two banks left, the now taken all can run.
Speaker 6: And that was the play of the year in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Josh Allen and the Bills running on fourth and two in a game in which the Chiefs almost certainly would have won and stayed undefeated if they hadn't made the first time.
Speaker 2: Yay, it runs all the way in for a touchdown. Very exciting.
Speaker 3: Several of the most exciting NFL games over the last years have been Chiefs Bills games. And at the end, I saw mahomes that they caught it on. Mike slap Josh Allen on the head and say I was a hell of a play. Let's do it again in January. Yeah, which I'm sure they will.
Speaker 2: If I'm some extremely athletic, talented, two hundred pounds defensive back, I'm going to stop the game and I'm gonna say, excuse me, excuse me. The quarterback is as big as a truck. Is this fair? Is this I'm just asking to be that big and that fast?
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah, Mike Tyson could have said that Friday night. I'm an old man.
Speaker 2: Is it fair? Why are you doing this? Good question?
Speaker 3: So RFK Junior is quite the controversial figure. I mean I knew that going in, but taking in a bunch of social media over the weekend, there are a whole bunch of you who are really, really, really into the idea of RFK Junior taking over the health of America, like it's seems to be among your more important priorities.
Speaker 2: Now I do agree with.
Speaker 3: I tweeted this out over the weekend from the Babylon b and the pushback to RFK Jr fattest sickest country on Earth, concerned new health secretary might do something different.
Speaker 2: There's a certain amount of truth to that.
Speaker 3: With just anytime you try anytime there's a giant problem and somebody comes along that's going to interrupt what you have been doing. There's always so much pushback, and we use the example of a legal immigration or the tax code, or.
Speaker 6: The way we eat.
Speaker 3: We got every person I know who's got a kid with autism or ADHD or anxiety medications they gotta take, and we like, we just accept that is okay. I guess times change. I guess every family needs to have a kid who needs to be on drugs.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, yeah, I agree completely. The question, you know, is, is this guy the right shaker upper right, there's the nutjob. But yeah, it's like the tax code. Oh, we better not change anything. No, no, nobody. You mean, there's no human being ever would think this is a good system. You're completely resistant to changing it.
Speaker 3: To explain, please, yeah, I recognize my logical fallacy that because we're unlikely to change these complicated things, it doesn't mean the first person with any idea to come along automatically should be uh considered the answer. But before we get to some good stuff about RFK Junior from the Washington Post, here's him talking about vaccines over the year, keeping over the years, keeping in mind that last week, every time a microphone was in his.
Speaker 2: Face, he said, no, I'm not anti vaxx.
Speaker 5: COVID nineteen is targeted to attack Caucasians and a black people. The people who are most men are asconagages and Chinese.
Speaker 2: Can you name any vaccines that you think are good?
Speaker 5: I think some of the live iris vaccines are probably uh saw of earning more problems than their causing. There's no vaccine that is, you know, safe and effective. I do believe that autism does come from vaccines. A mountain of scientific study lengths autism too early vaccination with certain vaccines.
Speaker 3: So no vaccine is safe and effective. He believes vaccines cause autism. It's interesting that a lot of the pushback from the left on that, given the fact that my entire like radio career, it's been the parents of Marin County, the super lefties who have been saying autism is caused by vaccines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like a direct correlation between that belief and Master's degrees are higher in any given zip code.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so now it's a right wing crazy thing as opposed to it was a left wing crazy thing. But anyway, he also wants to get the fluoride out of the water, which I heard I still hear heard yesterday.
Speaker 2: Any people saying.
Speaker 3: That's not one of the most successful health programs in world history, Well they're person who writes about this sort of stuff for the Washington Post is AREFK. Junior's views on flooride aren't as crazy as you might think, and lists all of the pushback there has been over the years. We've been doing this since nineteen sixty two, by the way, putting fluoride in the water, and most states have been on board for decades and decades. But there's a whole bunch of countries around the world, like real countries, that have decided now, this is not good.
Speaker 2: It can cause all kinds of problems.
Speaker 3: So I just want to point out that on this particular topic, it's not nuts that he's going around saying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, my own personal level of belief and health authorities was seriously damaged by observing everything that happened during COVID NOA. It became clear no that they listen. If we say there are are downsides to this, people won't do it. So let's pretend there are no downsides. Saw it running rampant that doesn't mean you have to reject everything all the time in a knee jerk way. But yeah, they are willing to trade off good for bad in their perception and then downplay the bad, sometimes at the point of utter dishonesty.
Speaker 3: Well, how about the food pyramid throughout my lifetime and the lies around that are strong and getty