Speaker 1: In the Zoom in the Zoom zmezur Zer ZOOMI, I've got my mind up the.
Speaker 2: Nissan commercial from the early nineties.
Speaker 3: Zoom Zoom.
Speaker 2: Volume Zime, I love my Master.
Speaker 3: That Master.
Speaker 2: Blew it. Yeah, isn't it always do this? I think I said Nissan like a fucking idiot.
Speaker 3: I was always so jealous of the little kid who whispered. I was like, yeah, and that was when I was a child. I was like, he's got to be making so much fucking money.
Speaker 2: My god, healing it for a whispered word.
Speaker 4: So that ship really is. It's the new I see dead people.
Speaker 3: Before that, the most iconic whisper was zoom so yeah yeah, Zooming man.
Speaker 2: And then Haley Joel came in for us, all for all us kids with giant heads.
Speaker 5: The whisper song come on, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's true. Hey little mama, let me whispering.
Speaker 5: It's like, bro, yeah, that whole song is so fucked up, like he's just like it's.
Speaker 2: Important to realize that the first time that the woman that that song is focused on knows of his awareness is when he sneaks up behind her and whispers it in her ear. She doesn't see him until that moment. I think that's an important piece of Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a She's minding her business at the club and then this dude, the.
Speaker 4: Stinky dude comes up to you spilling his hennessy.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, let me whisp tell you something like when he says, got a sexy ass body and you ask.
Speaker 6: Soft and if I touch it just to see it soft?
Speaker 3: What you are getting pepper sprayed at the bar. But this is this is how you know it's a big like he goes, no, I'm just playing. Now, I'm just playing. Let's you say I can and I'm going to be a real all right if they are. Oh no, I'm just look, it's my cousins. It's my cousin's birthday. Man. She also just she just became a registered nurse. We're just trying to have a good night. I just became a registered something else.
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, forty nine, Episode two of The Daily's Like Guysday production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It's Tuesday, July thirtieth, twenty twenty four. Happy seventieth to my mom.
Speaker 3: Oh turny seventy. This year really a fifty four games, very all out here, nineteen fifty four, We see you what a year that's crazy here? Long.
Speaker 4: I know, I still think about those cookies when you're like.
Speaker 3: Yo, my mom makes the best cookies, and I was like, that's chocolate chip cookies.
Speaker 2: And I'm not I'm not a person who says much with my chest out, but I do say that with my chest out, and I have yet to have somebody be like, actually, bro incorrect, these kind they are not good. They're good, they were good. They're good, they're good, they're very cakey. Yeah, shout out, shout out to your lovely mother. Also, July thirtieth, not only just the blessed birthday of your mother, it's.
Speaker 3: Also National Climb a Mountain Day, National Father in Law Day, National cheesecake Day, and shout out too short because it's also National whistle Blower Day. Oh maybe different kind of whistleblower, but yeah, shout out the whistleblower. Shout out to people who see who see wrongdoing and blow the whistle and call them out the fuckery. We need more people to be calling out the fuckery at every turn, because you.
Speaker 2: Remember those innocent days where we could say someone was a whistleblower and then play the cliff and not be worried that it was going to get a takedown.
Speaker 3: Notice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that is That is one way AI, and you know better computing has changed the world.
Speaker 3: Shout out to AI.
Speaker 2: We can no longer play any clip.
Speaker 3: Without fear of takedown. Notice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, you can always do shitty akas because my singing is so bad that nobody will nor human will recognize what it's what song it is supposed to be impersonating. My name is Jack O'Brien aka skibbity s giv ity. Yeah, give it a yeah, give it a yeah, Head into toilet and I'll flush it away. That's courtesy of snarfl Uh on the discord, just trying to get in with the fellow kids with s gibity toilet references. You know, some stuff that I'm up on and in no way needed my nine year old nephew to explain to me anyway. But why the toilet, uncle Jack? What the hell?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: The toilet taboo, big big taboo, you know, so it makes sense to me. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Grass, Miles Gray a ka.
Speaker 7: Glove out of my dreams, couch shot out to Lacaroni for that Billy ocean Yeah, jd Vance, the couch fuckery continues.
Speaker 3: You can't we believe it when we see it, or we just don't like you enough that that's your new That's how we're gonna collectively.
Speaker 2: Prove it's not true. All right, exactly exactly, Miles. We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by somebody we've been trying to have on the show for a long time. Thrilled to have them. TikTok star video creator at Mother Jones who monitors conservative media for work and makes fun of conservative media for pleasure.
Speaker 3: It's cat album gazare Okay in the building, Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: It's been I'm psyched to be here. I've been purposely ignoring all of y'all's requests, so yeah, really did drag me into this one, dming.
Speaker 3: You screaming yes, no, you're here, You're here, and also also contributing to the tale too, right, Yeah, yeah? Is the teal? Is the tail? The tail, the tail? Okay, fantast that's Meddi Hassan's uh yeah sure with p Yeah, just watching you like I was half the time. I think for anybody who's like on political Twitter, like you're gonna run up on when you were just clipping out stuff for people to see, like the nonsense that was happening, and then like then your commentary videos came out. It's really dope to see you just keep fucking climbing.
Speaker 5: And the fact that you even remember when I was just doing clipping, like I'm like tearing.
Speaker 3: Up little bit. Oh no, that's what I'm saying, Like you're part I think again, like for people who like unfortunately have their eyes bleed looking at Twitter and on stop's going on? Yeah, you're like like must follow person. So like again, it's nice just to see, just to see the evolution and that you would, you know, lower yourself to even come on this show.
Speaker 2: So we've been fans and also amazed at the mental capacity to do what you do because we do some of it. We look at we take a glancing look at right wing media like it's the sun, you know, like just okay, that's but you've been able to just stare like a god into the sun and make sense of it.
Speaker 3: All for all of us.
Speaker 5: My last job on night shift in media matters, it was like a team of like eight of us, and we were all so trauma bonded, and like all of us had been at that job for years at that point, and we had the same exact brain worms, and it was this type of ca that you just you only get from watching Sean Hannah. You do the same monologue every time for three.
Speaker 2: Years straight, right right right, like literally the same one two years in a row. You've pointed out, right.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, when he did his at the Patriot Awards. He did the same bit at the Patriot Awards verbatim two years in a row, and thought no one would notice. Unfortunately I noticed.
Speaker 3: I hate that about results, Yeah, like a Sean, Yeah, you turned in this paper last time, all right, I remember this, Yes, all right.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get into some of the things that you're noticing and ways that you understand the upcoming election that I feel like I did not until I watched your.
Speaker 3: Videos all of that.
Speaker 2: But before we get into that, we do like to get to know our guests a little bit better by asking you, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are.
Speaker 5: So this morning. There's just like a sequence of searches that are like how to put harness on cat? Can I walk cat? Feline leukemia, walking cat harness f e LV, just like over and over again of like trying to find different Reddit search results, And yeah, I can give my cat a walk. She has feline leukemia.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: It's not actually leukemia, it's a virus, but like they can't it's really transmissible to other cats. So like she was in a special ward for almost two years at the shelter, but she's like a very rambunctious good girl. Yeah, I want to make sure you know she could go for a walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cat is very famous.
Speaker 5: Heater here deserves to be some color Tommy, some color Timmy.
Speaker 2: Your cat's name is Tommy?
Speaker 3: Right someone?
Speaker 2: Because in LA, the thing you get is people being like I don't actually know your name, and that's kind of a power play. But the ultimate power play is to come in on someone strong. Wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the little raccoons from animal Crossing, like the little ones that are tom.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah nextws there you go equally cute.
Speaker 3: Wait, so can you I've my partner her magesty tried to walk our cat once or we have two cats. Tried to take one of them out and they were just like what the like it was. It was like dragging a cat on a rope is what that sort of ended up being for like four minutes, and then we're like, let's go back inside.
Speaker 5: Well I'm not sure she like wants to, but I want to give her the option. We're actually we're moving to Chicago, and so next week I'm going to be taking her on a plane and you have to walk through security with the cat out of the carrier, like you have to hold it, and then they swipe your hands for bomb stuff. Oh sure, and you have to like make sure the cat is still in your grass. So I want to make sure that I have a harness for at least that to like underneath. Yeah, yeah, yeah, heter. Losing an airport would be really cute, but it would be really annoying for oh yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Would be like a Diehard sequel.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, oh god, that'd be a great Diehard sequel in the airport. That's exactly what Dieheart is.
Speaker 3: We all know.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you have been to Chicago, not in the summer, just.
Speaker 5: Confirming I went for the first time since I was thirteen. Last month, when I was thirteen, I was there for three days in December. In December, Okay, it was actually lovely. Okay, it was a really oddly lovely time. It was my cousin's wedding. From what I've heard, it's great in the winter. I've only heard good things about Chicago winters.
Speaker 2: It makes sense. Chicago probably wants you to live there. Chicago people, when I ask them, they're like, no, you don't. You couldn't survive.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I'm like, I guess I can. They're like, yeah, maybe for a day, dummy, And I'm like.
Speaker 5: Good, I did, and so excited about living there. Like every other city people are like god, blah blah blah, and Chicago people are like it's great.
Speaker 3: It is really.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's a propaganda campaign.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's It hasn't always been that way, but I feel like recently cargo just gets raves from people who live there.
Speaker 3: They're like, yeah, I live in Chicago. It's actually awesome.
Speaker 2: I was like, I didn't ask, man, I just asked.
Speaker 3: We know, we know? Yeah. Yeah. I think because it threads that needle of being like a metropolitan city and a little bit mid of a Midwestern feel at the same time that it has like a balance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, man, anyway, shout out Chicago, Shout out Chicago, Shout out heater.
Speaker 3: Shout out heat.
Speaker 2: Might need one of those in the winter. Sorry, I'm just what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: Kat vinegar as a concept? I think we don't give enough credit to vinegar. We have salt and vinegar chips. It gives us a pop. I don't like cucumbers in general, so those types of pickles are not a fan of. But like pickling any other vegetable, you can't do it without vinegar. Yeah, it's a great cleaning solution. It can get like pretty much anything off of anything can take any smell out once again, salt and vinegar chips. Yeah, I just don't think we give enough credit to vinegar.
Speaker 3: I love vinegar chips. Dude.
Speaker 2: We decide that vinegar was a food stuff and then spilled it on something and watched the dirt like melt away, Like, I wonder which can discovery or was it?
Speaker 3: Was it a.
Speaker 2: Cleaning solution that somebody dropped a potato chip in and then was like, I'm too hungry to not eat this thing.
Speaker 5: I think it was someone being like like when you sell sharpies and you're like, smells kind of good.
Speaker 3: It was like that.
Speaker 4: Oh I guess it derives from the old French term meaning sour wine. Never mind, Okay, well fine, I love it.
Speaker 5: Area chips.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love a good like when there's a good salt vinegar chip. I like regional chips, you know whatever, like it is like the local brand. I'm not like, I don't care what the flavor is.
Speaker 5: Its fascinating.
Speaker 3: Like you go to like you know, like like Louisiana and these z apps like kraw Tapers and those are like I was like, yo, what fuck? These are amazing. There's no pickle chips. But yeah, I like I'm a big saltmn vinegar person for sure. Yeah me too.
Speaker 2: I like sualt vinegar also, like like anything with.
Speaker 3: A little bit of kick. Yeah, are you when you get do you get fish and chips and then just douse the ship in vinegar?
Speaker 5: Are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: Because right now I'm on a real like tin fish kick. Because like now, if you've tried sardines on a salt and vineger chip or Antroby's on a saltan vinegar chip. If you really like vinegar and salt, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh wow, I just want.
Speaker 5: To pick that out vinegar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fish, yeah, exactly, a good minionette. You know, the red wine vinegar is essentially so fancy. Not a girl minion, Minionette.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a girl, right, I just want and I knew that. I was just clarifying.
Speaker 4: Really quick, minion. Oh I mean a minion.
Speaker 2: Damn dude, this restaurant sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just your rench sharpie like that. That is one of my favorite smells, along with like tennis ball, new car.
Speaker 3: There's are are they?
Speaker 2: Somebody needs to create like an air freshener that sharpie scented, because I feel like I don't know that many people who openly admit to loving the smell of sharpie.
Speaker 3: Are we talking about Stralia Sharpie? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I love that smell.
Speaker 3: I mean it's got it. Yeah, it's got that. It's like it's like a nice cheese, you know what I mean, where you're like and then you're like.
Speaker 5: That you can't sanitizers like the cheesemonger of third grade. You know, you're just like, oh, it's kind of stinky.
Speaker 3: But I kind of love it, but it's kind of it's me, you know, part of my brain that I'm not used to. Maybe it's a brain decay, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are the accidental chemical compounds that for whatever reason, I like want everythings. Yeah, gasoline is the.
Speaker 5: A list after this stuff. Like I don't know someone that likes weird smells or someone that smells dangerous materials.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like, and gasoline, are you making like flaming tennis ball? Like yeah, we did that too, but tennis ball and then launched it started.
Speaker 5: For sak We got a new business idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you like tennis ball because I know I'm not.
Speaker 5: I Are we dogs?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think we might be. Yeah, I remember it, he got.
Speaker 3: I remember getting in trouble at a Big Five for popping open a tennis ball camp when I was like four that we didn't we weren't buying, but then my dad had to buy because I was just cracking it at the at the Big Five. I was like, you know what, let me yep, And I was up like Don Junior on a Morrow logo.
Speaker 5: His Rumble show is just so good in the world.
Speaker 2: God, Yeah, we're gonna have to watch it.
Speaker 3: We watched it on yesterday's episode. I think we're gonna have to watch it again at least talk about that whole situation.
Speaker 5: Sir, sir, I have a specific clip if y'all are interested.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, great, I wonder if it's the same clip. Yeah? Was it from the JD Vans livestream?
Speaker 5: Oh no, this is one from like a couple of months ago where he's ranting about Fox News and like it just gets They're like they won't let me on anymore, and like just keeps going on and on and it's.
Speaker 3: Extremes, like about.
Speaker 5: I will put a link to this, Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, put that in there. What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Kat?
Speaker 5: I'm so glad you asked, because this is very near and dear to my heart. The movie Forrest Gump.
Speaker 3: Hmm, okay, not a good movie.
Speaker 5: Tom Hanks is great in it, like the performances great. Yeah, it's not a good movie. People think it's good because boomers think it's good, and they only think it's good because they can point screen and go I know that. I was there. I saw that. I remember that.
Speaker 2: Kennedy as to.
Speaker 5: Do you know what the moral of Forrest Gump is listen to authority, yes, yep, and served in the military, and once he listened to authority and everything for yourself, and you will be a millionaire who has a child with the love of his life and has a super happy life. If you question authority, do drugs have sex? Support black liberation? Guess what you're gonna die of? Probably aids? Do we do? We know what she died of?
Speaker 3: Yeh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, And yeah that Jack. You always do bring up the emptiness of the represent like how the black.
Speaker 2: Represent represents that. The whole scene in Washington, d C. Where he like gets off the bus and there's just a bunch of lines aimlessly walking around. This is like Roberts and Maxis's vision of activism. It's just lines like walking Like I was like when I first saw it, I was like, that's a pleasant time at the American Movie Theater when I was you know, I was a child.
Speaker 3: And then like I rewatched it.
Speaker 2: We did an episode of After Hours about it, and I was like, this will be one of the points on After Hours that I write about. And I ended up writing like the longest episode of Drivers ever, just about Forrest Gump that that was a cracked video show back in the day, and it, yeah, the specifically the DC stuff about like hippie activists. But then there's a scene where they're in the black panther like in a black panther headquarters and he uncomfort a black panther is like ranting at him, and then he sees Jenny's boyfriend Pusher on the other side of the room, and he runs towards Jenny's boyfriend to like I'll punch him, and the black panther keeps ranting at the empty space that he just was in, as if he was like a anger automaton, right, And like that I think is like the most telling, weird little detail of like the absence of thought that Robert S. Machis and like boomers in general like give to these things. Like how they've treated liber movements since they happened in the sixties is just as like hood ornaments for like advertising, you know, like just like yes, things that they can use as empty gestures and like co opt to sell fucking printers or whatever. You know.
Speaker 5: Like I feel like there's this is really insightful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's it was, Yeah, there there are it's worse that it is both bad and worth a closer look, because there's just so much shit in it that it's.
Speaker 5: Not a good movie. Like it's structurally it's him being like I wiped my face while walking a bunch and there was a smiley face here, and that's like we didn't need that. We didn't need Forrest Gum inventing the smiley face. No, we didn't need like any of that movie. Also, after Bubba dies, like they barely mention him, Like they name the company after him, his family gets money. That's cool, but like I'm not sure if he's mentioned again after that, maybe like once or twice, but he is supposedly like the most influential person for life and he never comes up again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And well, capitalism ultimately is a form of karma that that like pays people in line with.
Speaker 3: Like how good they are.
Speaker 2: Also like in that movie, right, he just you know, he believes in God and then God repays him by like giving him a bunch of apple stock that he then gives to Bubba.
Speaker 3: Yeah, also like.
Speaker 5: To what's his face to Gary's nice?
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, their finances wrong, But so he starts a company with Gary Sonice, and like Bubba's estate has a part of it, and that's what when they strike it rich because a hurricane wipes out the other shrimp fishermen.
Speaker 5: And you know, Lieutenant Dan can is over his racism against Vietnamese people and his trauma because he's down to bang a Vietnamese woman exactly, which.
Speaker 3: Shows called growth. Thank you, It's called growth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 3: I always loved the allusion that he made to Apollo thirteen by saying his legs are the same things that were on the Space Shuttle. It was this guy's inn Apollo thirteen. Is this a reference? And I'm like, even though they're not, I don't I remember that was like my weird type.
Speaker 2: Of brain came out before Apollo thirteen, So yeah.
Speaker 5: He was conspiracy theory. It's canon. And my now, that's the only good part of this movie.
Speaker 2: Came out to all of you before Apollo thirteen. But yeah, you know, the illuminati saw that ship way before.
Speaker 3: Oh, producer Victor said he went to space in the book. There's a book.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, there's a book. And the author hated the book so much he wrote a Forrest Gump two and it's like complete dog shit, so that way they couldn't adapt it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then they were going to adapt it Forrest cut two. The script was written, they had like were having one of their first production meetings on September twelfth, two thousand and one. It was scheduled for and they like went to the meeting and they were like, so he can't do this, right, Like, we just can't do because otherwise people are gonna be like, wait, so when does nine to eleven happen? But the script had him in the back seat of the white Bronco during the bronco chase.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, so how he became OJ's friend who knows? Yeah, he's just there and he like follows it chases a butterfly into the back of the Bronco and he's like trapped in there. He's like, oh, I was just looking for a butterfly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break, and we're gonna come back and take a look at the upcoming election and right wing media.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back, We're back, and we're back. Oh, Barbershop Quartet. I don't know why I call it the upcoming election. The election is happening. We're in the we're in.
Speaker 3: The home strangety eight days out when you hear this, and for an American election, yeah, yeah, like upcoming to make it feel like it's still far down the road and we can just exist in this weird, fucked up liminal space until we figure out what's happening. But like Kat, obviously you have had your eyes on right wing punditry for a very long time. And just like over the last week, you know, like a weekest passed since Kamalo was became the presumptive nominee Biden stepped down.
Speaker 2: That's fucking crazy, by the way. It's like, I know, this is like an old thing where people are like, well, it's only been a week, like it feels like a year. But that's crazy that Biden was the presumptive nominee like eight days ago as of this recording.
Speaker 5: Sure, on Saturday, the debate was a month ago, like a month from Saturday, right, right, that's how long it has been. We have the assassination attempt jd Vance RNC, this stupid bubble on my zoom that's popping up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then just like yeah, that's right, and that is true. We want to thumbs up that, But I was curious, like it seems like we've known for decades.
Speaker 3: That he wants to oh yeah, and he's just generally so sucky as a person.
Speaker 4: But I think broadly, like what's your read on right wing punditry and the current state of like how they're contending with the switch up of opponents, because prior to the switch it felt like they were fucking spiking the football at the RNC.
Speaker 3: They're like, who babe, babe, we got the old guy. And they can't say our guys old because they cancel each other out, but will continue to be like this man is old and decrepit. But now it's like feels like pure frustration, but like it's masked in this other weird cockiness slash hatred, which they know how to do well. But what's your sort of read on kind of how they're dealing with the change and opponents and strategy.
Speaker 5: They're so mad, they're just like that drill tweet that's like, don't tell, don't put in the paper that I'm mad, right, so fucking bad, it's insane. The thing that like it's hard for me to wrap my head around is the right, is so good at playing the long game. That's why we don't, you know, have row anymore. They're so good at playing the long game. And no one really thought that Kamala could be the nominee. Like they even joked about it all the time, like what if Biden does blah blah, Like I've heard Andy bring that up. But it's always like they tagged Newsome or a Michelle Obama, despite Michelle Obama always being like, no, I will never do this. Every it's it's their worst nightmare, and she keeps telling them it will never happen, and they still don't believe her. But it feels like none of them, like the real you know, voices in the Republican Party, actually thought this was a possibility that would genuinely happen. I think they thought they were going to run against Joe, And I mean I honestly didn't think Joe Biden would step down. And I got a lot of shit for advocating for that for a straight up month. Yeah, and then like this is true, this is true.
Speaker 2: Miles had a question that that was my next question, why do you hit America love Trump?
Speaker 3: That's Trump?
Speaker 5: As a Palestinian woman who works in disinformation. I want Trump to be president.
Speaker 2: I'm really sorry to us.
Speaker 5: To marry one of his cabinet members at gunpoint. I'm super excited about that. But yeah, so they're they're really mad, and there's I've talked a lot about this in the last like two three weeks, even before she was the nominee. But they don't know how to attack her. You can't do the same exact shit you did with Hillary because there's no foundation. With Hillary Clinton. You had like twenty thirty years of making this woman the most evil person on the planet. If you believe Alex Jones, she has killed like six hundred people with her bare hands.
Speaker 2: Liftic serial killer in America, the.
Speaker 5: Most prolific serial killer. Like yeah, cracking you know next and just drinking baby blood.
Speaker 2: She just goes up behind people, turns their head to the side, shop that.
Speaker 3: Up and thee yes.
Speaker 5: But that's you know, that's what she was. And even to the people that didn't believe those conspiracy theories, she was like this gigantic bitch. She was like this frigid bitch. Tucker used to stay on MSNBC all the time. He'd be like, every time I see her, right cross my legs because like to like protect his balls, which is weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what world do you live in, Tucker? Where if you don't do that? What happens when.
Speaker 5: You don't do what happens when you don't do that? And you have like people asking they would be like, so do you still cross your legs when you hear Hillary Clinton's name? And yes, I do. It was such a weird time, but they had, you know, all of this villainization for so long and it worked. And you know, it wasn't like she was the most popular candidate and there was, you know, the sense of entitlement. There was a lot going on. There was a lack of campaigning. But in terms of the misogynist magic that they worked back then, it doesn't quite translate to Kamala Harris because for the last four years they've been con ascending to her, which is like really fun if you want to make yourself feel like a big strong man, but like not super effective for creating a narrative that permeates the entire culture. Right, So they've been making fun of her laugh and talking about like that school bus thing and saying like she can't put a sentence together and then of course, like the racist and sexist stuff, but like it's that's the best they've.
Speaker 3: Got, you know.
Speaker 5: They call her radical and Marxist and a socialist, and like, god, I.
Speaker 2: Wish right, yeah, I know, Trump had that attack where he just like went off, but she's the biggest socialist to America. No, America could not have like a socialist. And I was just like, god, could you imagine, like if.
Speaker 5: I wish Democrats were the way that Republicans firand them right right right exactly, Sorry, I mean interrupt you, Jack.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's that's all I had, was just the agreeing and saying like yeah, Trump, Trump really like laid out a version of Kamala Harris that I could get behind.
Speaker 5: That's my president right there. But they have like all these things, they talk about how she's a borders are But I feel like for the most part, it's been like the fact checks have been consistent on like that's a title that right wing media made up. Even on Fox you had some contributors having to correct hosts being like, oh, that's the title we made up. She was in charge, like she was appointed to be, you know, focusing on migration issues in twenty twenty one, but that title borders are is not something that exists. And also that's homeland security. It deals with it anyway. So they just ended up putting themselves in this corner where they're saying just throwing anything at the wall and seeing what sticks, and it's making them extremely unlikable, like even more unlikable, which I didn't think was possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, calling her the DEI candidate seemed to be the first coherent strategy, and then it seems like they've now come back and said, don't don't do that, don't do a racism Maybe on that one, yeah, they were.
Speaker 5: Like, Wow, you could sub in the N word and like it would still get the same vibe. And yeah, and I wish she was like that anymore.
Speaker 3: People are hearing that. Some do, but most are like, what the fuck is this? Gross?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you it was smart. In one of your videos, you were talking about how this is basically just the Southern strategy all over again, and that's what they've been doing, especially since the rise of Trump. But you know, the Southern strategy was Nixon's strategy to just you know, basically be racist in words that haven't officially been deemed racist yet. Like racist in words that make your racist voters feel okay about being racist.
Speaker 3: Doing some We're just auditioning some dog whistles right.
Speaker 5: Now, Yeah, yeah, shins them out.
Speaker 2: It's like a tuning session of dog whistles.
Speaker 5: And look it goes back the other way too, like in terms of the Southern strategy, you ne'd have instead of saying the N word, which is what Leatwater, a strategist, famously said over and over again. He was like, you couldn't say the N words, so instead you said states rights or forced bussing, And that's dog whistles have you know, been around as long as politics, but they've been become especially prominent since then. But you also have it the other way, like talking about Judeo Christian values, you don't need the they mean they mean white, yeah, but always mean white. Like if you just put white where that is, that's what they mean. And that's how the Republican Party even remains relevant because you do have some people, you know, I grew up conservative where it's like, well that doesn't mean white, Like I care about my faith, so like that obviously means my faith. And then you have people that you know, know what it means and they're happy about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They their lack of being able to, like, to your point, like articulate what she is or isn't. I mean yeah, but when you when you said you're gonna come on, I was like, okay, Kat, can you hit us with some clips that you feel kind of encapsulate sort of the just the grasping, just the swiping, it just thin air that they're trying to, you know, formulate attacks on that.
Speaker 3: We can talk about. This first one that you sent over was from Mark Levin, and he is talking about I don't again, and his understanding of history is not great, I would say, based on how he is trying to describe her. But this is just one of the many attacks we've heard that again, like you also made the point, You're like, we've all heard the racist, misogynistic stuff, like what about some other failures to formulate any kind of like line of attack. So let's check this one out.
Speaker 6: Equity is the endgame.
Speaker 8: That's about dehumanizing the individual. This is what Totalaturn regimes do. Equity, we got to get to the end game. Everybody is the same. That's the kamer rouge, that is that is that is mau That is sick. So I want you to listen to this.
Speaker 6: This is Kamala Harris explaining her totalitarian ideology, which is pure Marxism, not from me, from her, to.
Speaker 9: Be about a goal of saying everybody should end up in the same place. Since we didn't start in the same place. Some folks might need more what equitable distribution, but we also need to fight for equity understanding and not everyone starts out at the same place, so there's a big.
Speaker 5: Difference between equality and equity.
Speaker 9: Equality suggest often everybody should get the same thing.
Speaker 8: That's not what equality means.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Mark, Can I just show me my privilege here for a second and let you know that I didn't. I've never seen that man before in my life.
Speaker 5: Mark, I love this for you, like I love this for you. I cannot. He sounds like an evil Gilbert Gottfried. He is the most intolerable person on Fox News. When he comes on Handy's show, Handity just gives him five minutes to scream and it's awful. Anyone that Handy calls the great Mark live in like no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's there, Andy Rooney.
Speaker 3: He but it's just it's super wild just again that their line of attack is to go after the very concept of equality and try and put it through their Fox Funhouse mirror and be like, equality is actually totalitarianism, which is not what we're trying to do. We are, we are, but that's not that's what they're trying. They have their version too that should be scary, and it's called equitable treatment of people or being able to address inequality and address that. Now, I'm not sure entirely that you know, her presidency would go after such a thing, you know, in a way that felt truly tangible. But at the same time, that is a concept that would unite people because it is a huge issue. Yeah, we have such just deep seated inequality in the country that, yeah, that feels like something that could be done that helps all people. But again they're just the projectionists really.
Speaker 2: They're like those are very highly selected poll quotes, Like they're like, this is the wildest shit we could find to make her seem completely out there, right, it's just like, I think equity would be neat for people, And how dare you?
Speaker 5: First off, Yeah, sorry, we all know rights are a zero sum game, that's right, right, We're all aware of this, but also like equity has been a scary word on Fox News for the last four years. They love talking about equity. They're like equality is great, but equity is bad, and sometimes they get them mixed up, which is very silly. Yeah, but yeah, that's definitely a big thing they love talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he only I'm sure if we let him go further, he would have gotten real racist. But first he wanted to give a quick lesson to try and bring a bit of like negative charge to the word equity, to try and you know, inoculate the viewers.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he's really cool. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean we're hanging out later. I got I got some some Abraham Lincoln sketches I want to sell him that I think you'll like, so that he can hang them up in his office. The other one, I don't.
Speaker 2: This might be just the Southern strategy if we add misogyny into the Southern strategy, which I think we probably can. But criticizing her for smiling too much or too widely, like having too big a smile, used to be the goal here. I don't mean to sound at all sexist, all right, but I think a man could not smile like that.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine? Then he's doing joker smiles. Men don't do his smile.
Speaker 2: And not all women do that anyway, Sorry, but that's the way I feel.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: It is also exactly bolster your point.
Speaker 3: That is exactly like I'm sure you.
Speaker 2: Could just pull fifty different moments of him smiling like that on Fox News and like building a career.
Speaker 3: Show any time, Like when Trump did the State of the Union and he walks through the like the chambers and all the all the people on the right are trying to shake his hands. Yeah, yeah, yeah, notice me Trump. It's yeah, it's it's very much apparent. But again, that's also a very interesting one. Like it felt it feels very Hilary esque. This feels like they're trying something from the Hillary playbook, and like, yeah, that one's not quite sticky either. Huh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they spent the last four years making fun of her. Laugh this one. You know, it's it's Greg Kelly. He's on news Max, which is like Fox News but with lower production value and like fewer sensors. But they're really just trying whatever. They're like, men don't smile and you don't want to present that smiles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because if they did, what would that mean?
Speaker 5: They would mean they're a pussy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, gay, Yeah they're gay. They smile all right, English or Spanish? What are you doing on the stage?
Speaker 2: Tough and dances like this to y m c A like, yeah, jacking two people off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's the one we want.
Speaker 5: That's the straightest ship I've seen in my life.
Speaker 3: Yes, just rigid arm pumping. Yeah, for sure, I'm talking about I don't have honey in my hips. That would be a little too effeminate for me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The most rigid hips like that is the one we don't want.
Speaker 5: Men I can dance. We hate men.
Speaker 3: They can dance, yea famously famously it means nothing like gross. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The least thing is a man who can bend at the hips.
Speaker 5: That is what I don't even want to go on with that guy.
Speaker 2: I do want to so this. I don't know if this is going to be a coherent strategy on their part, but there were two things from last weekend that are our little alarming that we covered on yesterday's episode, and I'm just curious to get your thoughts on as someone who understands them or has seen the fox whisper.
Speaker 3: The fox whisper.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to say it, but you're yeah, I ever got it.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 2: So Trump said last week that in four years, the supporters won't have to vote, basically like specifically Christians, like just vote this time. Four years will have it fixed so you don't have to vote. And then around the same time, Kevin Roberts had a disconcerting quote where he was like, we are winning in ways that the other side doesn't yet know. We're not going to tell you everything that's coming. Get ready to fight. Both statements that could be read in a very like violently authoritarian direction. And I'm just curious because I do think in much the way that in his first election there was a lot of confusion over like, how is he getting more popular after saying these horrifying things, and then we eventually realized, oh, the cruelty is the point. I think in some ways, the authoritarianism and the fascism is the point this time around, like he is running at least partially on like the fact that he wished he could have overturned the last election, and I think a lot of his supporters wished he could have, And I'm just wondering if you think that will become more and more like a thing that they at least gesture towards, or if they're going to keep kind of if he's going to keep being like Project twenty twenty five. I've never heard of it. We're good here, you know, until he actually wins and that we're fucked.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean absolutely, he's going to keep going with the authoritarian stick. And I'm not even sure it's because like, I don't think Trump, you know, has a cogent political philosophy, even when it comes to his own authoritarianism. I think he's just really mad that he didn't get to be president again and do all of his insane stuff to keep being president, and so this time around, he's just like he doesn't have any guard rails. He's you know, this season's Homelander. He's just acting erratic and not even doing like the minimal amount of thinking that he would do. You know, it was interesting that he tried to distance himself from Project twenty twenty five, but he's taken no steps to distance himself from the Heritage Foundation. And I think that the Hairs campaign, you know, it's only been a week, so not gone wind. They keep going this way, but like the way that they have been respect bonding of continuing to hit on this and to mention it and also present it in a way that's like kind of fun, like these people are weird. I think is really important. For the last two elections, the Democrats, their entire thing was we are saving democracy. If you don't vote for us, everything will be horrible, which like true, but also people want to vote for something, yes, And it also allows you to get away with like not delivering. I mean, Joe Biden didn't deliver on a bunch of his campaign promises because his whole thing was like, well, I want to beat Donald Trump. He said he'd caught afy row and do voting legislation, and he didn't do either of those things. Because Joe Manchin when the Republican Party, you'd be able to pressure their own caucus like that Noe problem, And so you don't have to deliver on much if you're just delivering on saving democracy. And people get tired of being scared all the time, and when you're scared all the time, authoritarianism can sound really good, depending on who you are because you want a big strong man to protect you. You want a big strong man to attack your enemies. And if you're scared because of the vaccine or the illegals or the you know, crime wave or whatever other bullshit thing you're being attacked with non stop, you might want someone that talks like Trump does, where you're like, I don't need to think about this anymore. I don't have to vote anymore. I don't have to worry about you know, Kamala Harris or AOC being president anymore because this man is going to take care of it and there's no way that could backfire on me, right right, And so like it, like it resonates with some people. I think that this way of attacking it of like, yes, it's super dangerous, we don't like it, not cool, but also being like it's fucking weird to want to restrict women's movement from state to state federally is the way to go, because it makes us be like, yeah, that that is fucking weird. Why would we want our elected officials to do that? Like, why what are they actually promising?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm really surprised how well the weird line of attack has taken hold like and in a way that feels like it does roll off the tongue too, because.
Speaker 4: Again they've been they've been described.
Speaker 3: Accurately as many other things like you know, misogynists, racists, ethno nationalists like you name it. And but again, just summing it up is like weird. While it does take a lot of the sting out of the severity of what they believe, I feel like it just connects with more people to be like, Yeah, who the fuck is talking about a Christian takeovers? It is weird.
Speaker 2: Those words all sound like homework, you know. It's like that's no national critic. Fuck you, Like, I don't what are you making me learn, asshole? But weird?
Speaker 3: Is weird or not?
Speaker 2: The distillation that into weird is pretty compelling.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean like people in disinformation, like me and my colleagues, my old boss Andrew Lawrence has been saying this for years. We've been like, please just like change your campaign strategy to be like, look at these freaks. They want to your child's genitals when they got into a locker room and stop them from eating lunch. It's like when you have a guy at a party who's being like a huge dick and you can either fight him or like be really pissed off at him, and then especially if you're a woman, he'll like, you know, try to condescend to you, or when he tries to, you know, push in. You can just be like okay and then ignore him, yea, and not actually ignore him because we're running an election here, but you're not giving them the response they want and it's really pissing them off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're like, no, I prefer to fight on this battle ground, which is not whether or not people are using litter boxes in a classroom. I'm over here saying you're fucking weird, dude.
Speaker 5: Yes, what is that Democrats are finally fighting on their own turf rather than immediately capitulating whatever the right is saying is true. And that's not all Democrats and this has been one week. They are famously good at messing things up, but this messaging is and things that come off of it of like, let's do we really want to live in a society where like we're trying to get rid of free weather reports like why why are we doing this? Which is in Project twenty twenty five, is you know more, it hits harder for the average American.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. When you're like, no fault, divorces, what the what's wrong? It's all weird.
Speaker 5: It kind of makes it fun. You know, twenty was a real drag of an election, and this time we're like, ha ha, you'll are weird.
Speaker 3: Y'all are weird.
Speaker 2: And if you didn't fuck a couch, you have the couch fucking st energy of anyone. And you didn't know that was a thing a week ago.
Speaker 3: Believe it if someone told me. But I think all the.
Speaker 5: Star guy said your shoes are too big and right, but to.
Speaker 2: Your point about them fucking fucking things up. I heard she is considering for her V pick VP pick also JD Vance to really fuck with Trump.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but no, like I think you know when you like we were talking, you know, hearing just Donald Trump Junior, like when he did his live from mar A Lago, shit, talking to JD. Vans recently, Like it's pretty remarkable, Like this guy is flying off of the confidence of being Donald Trump Junior or some other I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think he must have been meditating and just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he's using heads.
Speaker 5: Actually have a fun present for y'all about.
Speaker 4: This Okay, what what I actually I talked.
Speaker 5: About this on terminally online this weekend, but this comes up. But I have my notes right here. The only reason JD Vance is you'll probably know is VP is because Donald Trump Junior and Eric Trump were like, do not pick Doug Berg and pick this guy. We love him.
Speaker 3: Do him?
Speaker 2: Do him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, JD JD. Because they're like super online.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Donald Trump Junior has pitched a lot of people to be in Trump's cabinet, and I have a list of them right here.
Speaker 3: Okay, and I think he.
Speaker 5: Only knows like four government positions because most of them are Would you like to hear some of vice president? Honestly? Probably I would. Obviously Dan Bongino, who was a Fox host who got fired the Bonge, the Bonge, I want to be at the r n C. For vice president, and because I think he'd made a great vice president. Dano vice president for vice president United the guy that couldn't even get a weekday Fox News show. For Vice President Tucker Carlson, also for Vice President Ramaswami, also for Vice President Carrie Lake, also for Vice president.
Speaker 2: Hey, he's not to your point. One thing he has in common with Americas does not want to do homework.
Speaker 3: Okay, does not want to do.
Speaker 5: We also have Tucker Carlson again, but for press secretary.
Speaker 3: He forgot he put him on the VP.
Speaker 5: He was like, we have to do here Ben diagrams. I love Ben diagram Oh. Laura Lumer for press secretary, Oh no, it can. It gets you better. Owen Schreyer, who works with Alex Jones. He's like Alex Jones' is you know, right hand man or was depending on who you ask him for press secretary because I remember if they are only like three jobs in the world. Also Alex Jones for press secretary.
Speaker 2: Wow, this guy is a real fucking idiot. That was the one that's men for me. I was gonna say Alex Jones for CIA, but like the oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Noymat Yeah, so he can he can sell nutraceuticals from the fucking podium during a briefing.
Speaker 5: Ye oh my god, doctor Jones's naturals I hate. But I know that Daison company.
Speaker 3: That's the one who does not me. I'm just I'm just promoting this other guy's company.
Speaker 5: But shout out to knowledge.
Speaker 4: The thing though, too is like yeah they were just on shut them out.
Speaker 3: Uh. The like all these people were talking about again fucking weird all right, when the people that are in Trump's or a bit like the ones that have his ear, like his kids and stuff stuff like that, are also people like Elon Musk, Tucker Carlson, Steven Miller, Steve Bannon. Again weird ass dudes. Not again, I could, I could be more accurate in describing, but we all know what we mean. These are people who have they live in some parallel reality where they think like their objective or their their objective opinion about or not, you know, their subjective opinion about how we should be living is agreeable to every person that hears it and is actually the best thing for the country. And then look what that gets you. You get this guy JD. Vance, and you get these other people who are so unrelatable and like what's going on?
Speaker 10: Like, yeah, because y'all are you're you're you're all just in this the weirdest bubble ever and thinking because these people have like high standing within within your base that that has wider appeal, like not even just the.
Speaker 3: Most online people in your base. So yeah, weirdness aboundell.
Speaker 5: Shit, Yeah, Like AOC said that to me, I was glad she called it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And it also seems like the sort of insult that the people who vote for Donald Trump would take seriously or like, you know, like where.
Speaker 3: If there's no bite for them anymore, right as.
Speaker 2: No nationalist or being like listen to the way he talks. He's like so rude and like the things he says are like uncouth or you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But like presidency once almost Yeah, weird is what they call other people, and like it's unmistakably true in this case. You know, they spent the last four years calling us pedophiles, and now they're mad because we're like, hey, are weird? You're weird?
Speaker 2: All right, Let's let's take one more break and we'll come right back.
Speaker 3: And weird back on air.
Speaker 2: Snowflake ship Cat, you have seen some ship as mentioned up top. You were on the night Shi for Media Matters, mainlining Fox for hours at a time. You know things about these hosts and their own particular brand of weirdness. So I just wanted to take a moment because, like I was just reading an interview with you where you talked about Sean Hannity and specifically pain Day, and I wanted to see, like if you could talk about pain Day and also talk about like anything else that has like come across your radar with regards to some of these names that people who don't watch Fox.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like what this question makes me so happy because there's so much more in my brain.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sean Hannity is a martial artist. Specifically, it's an eclectic blend of martial arts. He talks about it a lot on his radio show, Eclectic Blend of Martial Arts. Once he had Connor McGregor on his show, and he kept like mentioning his dojo and kept being like, like, kept hinting at it, and I guess he was hoping that McGregor would be like, oh, you want to do like a tussle or something. He never did the entire time. Gregor was just like, I but pain Day is. I believe it's once a month, and essentially Sean Handy just gets the ship beaten out of him by say okay and uh yep, that's pain Day. I think I think it's a great concept. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, he talks about it a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, helps helps him stay sharp. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think more workout routines should have should involve one day where Sean Handedy gets the ship beaten.
Speaker 5: Now every American does this. We got Sean Handy.
Speaker 4: And also, hey, Sean, you want to live in the world where you don't have to call it pain day and you can just let your kinks, you know, be out there.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? If that's what you want once a month of Kravmaga and tempo karate jiu jitsu.
Speaker 2: You know that speech every time when he enters the dungeon. Yeah, like just just a Who's.
Speaker 3: Just like, I see what I'm doing is it's not weird. It's an eclectic blend of manly stuff. And you know, getting my sense is, you know, sweat to drip in my mouth and you're like, what sir? So that's what it's Okay, interesting piece of weird lowre whatever. What other weirdo lore? Can you be blessed us with about some of them?
Speaker 5: Can I tell you all about Glenn Beck's weird little girls shoes and a glass box?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, so yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: This was like in twenty twenty one when I was just like clipping random stuff and I always stuck in my head Glenn Beck was talking about he came on the Tuckers show to talk about how how you know awful the big tech is big tech censorship and somehow compared that to internment camps of the Japanese during World War Two here in the US. And I love that for some reason, I can pull up a picture of this for y'all. Yeah, he was like, I have this pair of shoes and he had them in a little glass box. Here we go, I am sending this in the zoom chat. He had them in a little glass box and they're from a little girl that was in a Japanese internment camp. And then he compared that to big tech censorship. I have no way to explain what was going on in his head. It is like it's exactly as I.
Speaker 3: Explained, right, those are those shoes are called get that. I'm Japanese, so like those shoes specifically like those yo, that is they're not just shoes like these if you're Japanese, like you'll look at that shit and like, yo, what the fuck? And that's like his keepsake from the internment, Like what what did he say? What's his connection to it? Like, aside from why he wants to have those pairs of shoes.
Speaker 5: I think he just bought it. I think he was like, this is a simple I have no fucking idea. But he keeps someone in a glass box in his home and brought them on national television.
Speaker 2: I'm a bit of a collector of memorabilia of small girls in pain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, going through appreciating thing that definitely is like a pain is the point type keepsake because you're like, look, that was last time we had it together enough to intern our own fucking people like that, you know, aside from the Carsonal State, but that.
Speaker 5: But I mean, like for Glenn Beck, he's more like, God, I wish we could do this again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, right right, exactly right. It's just like Twitter.
Speaker 5: It's just like Jack Dorsey. It's the same thing, right right.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, to remind him, Glenn Beck, sir.
Speaker 5: So that's that's something I think about a lot, and I think more people should know about. Yeah, that's Laura Ingram has this guy, Raymond Royo who's a Fox contributor on like almost every day, and they gossip and it's fascinating. It's a fascinating dynamic. They become so bitchy and petty with each other, and I just I really want to hear their conversations off air. To be totally honest, right, there are so many guests, so many guests. I have actually a whole bunch of post it notes on my wall right here of just like videos that I need to do at some point. And one is disappointing your favorite actor when you were a kid is now a regular Fox News guest. And then the County base.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Yeah, just like one of my favorite people from the Real World or was it Rachel Duffy Campos.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, Rachel Campbell Duffy.
Speaker 3: I was like, I was rooting for you on the Real World.
Speaker 5: It was MTV to Fox News pipeline because her husband was also on the Real World on a different season. Yeah yeah, wait, can I tell y'all one more really racist thing that Jesse Waters did this year, because like it's.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, yeah, let's please throw another one on the pile of racist Jesse Waters stuff that's happened this year.
Speaker 5: So they were talking on Waters Show about black voters and a possible menthol band and I can't find the exact clip, but I remember right now about a menthol ban and then they had tyros On. Tyris was on there, to promote his book. You could tell they did not tell him anything about the topic. And so he comes on and Tyris, for the record, for anyone that doesn't know, is half black. And Jesse goes, so, what do you think about a menthol Ban? And Tyris was like, well, I don't smoke Menthols, A lot of people don't smoke in general, and wow. He then he mentioned at some point he was like, and you know, I'm half white or something, and Jesse went, wait, you're half white? Like on air, I thought this man, like this professional wrestler was about to deck him. It was the funniest shit. Wow, just completely unprepared for this segment, goes all in, like Jesse is also unprepared for his own segment that he planned that he was ready for.
Speaker 3: God, what a fucking loser. You're by racial? What the fuck's brows?
Speaker 5: Like a guest on Gutfeld, like, I can't defend him too much?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, No. Like Tyrus, his takes are always so bad and he's always deployed to be like, hey, give us racist cover right by, Like if can you please do that? Because obviously this is a time honor tradition for political fiery rhetoric. But like the other thing though, too, is just thinking about like how getting caught up in this machine completely like fucks your head up. Like you know, you mentioned how jd Vance was basically sort of shaped in the fires of Tucker Carlson's show and had some record inordinate amount of appearances prior to him becoming a Senate candidate. And I feel like jd Vance is one of these like truly like Machiavellian type characters that is, like willing to sell out his own ideological ideological beliefs, like in service of climbing the power louder. And it is just wild to see where he's at now because so many people, so many white supremacists on the right, have taken issue with the fact that his wife is a brown female that like it's wild to see this like clip of him on Megan Kelly's show and kind of talking about the controversy around it, but also like half a g I still have to play this because this shows how you will be chewed up and spit out by like right wing talking points so the like to the point that you have no respect for your own wife and mother of your children. Yeah, right, exactly. This is JD. Van's on Magan Kelly Show talking about I don't know, yeah, maybe she's brown. This is listen to this. Look, I love my wife so much. I love her because she's who she is. Obviously she's not a white person. And we've been a cute attacked by some white supremacists over that. But I just I love usha. She's such a good mom. I'm sorry, but I love her. It's not we've been attacked, well sure, but it's not about saying like, yeah, we were attacked by some white supremacists. And you know he could have if like any reasonable person would say, and they're really wrong. This is a human being, has nothing to do with any but he goes. But you know, she's the like it's like, well, what do you want me to do? You know, she's like a good wife, so you know, despite that, you know, I love her, but just comes off so fucking again, just weird. It's like you a fucking shitty husband and you look, they look so fucking dumb again because you have to you know, be a collection of the right values to best end in the party, and then you end up just like not even knowing who the fuck you are anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he's not qualified, you know. I mean the only reason, like you said, you know, Fox made him a Senate candidate. Like at one point they had him on Outnumbered, the show where they have one man and then a bunch of women in short skirts next to him. Right, he was like one of their hosts when he was running for Senate, So he just had like an hour of uninterrupted airtime, right. And I used to think I was like, wow, he's the only successful Fox candidate because you had you know, doctor Oz, Right, You've had all these candidates in the last few years that are like Hanndy's friends and they're not actually like good at their job, and they keep getting clobbered and it's very funny. But Jade Vance slipped through, and now it's like, oh no, he was so unprepared for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, the reason that so many of them were losing is the exact thing we're talking about right now, is they so many of these like Trump Fox candidates are weird and people were like, I don't like, none of this really resonates with me. And then the one who slipped through, they're like more of this, Well, welcome, meet your new VP and right now. Yeah, it has given the Democrats something to run with. It feels like you've referenced Gutfeld a couple of times. I just have you so you have watched Gutfeld our obsession.
Speaker 5: I have watched so much Gutfeld. I have watched possibly months of Gutfeld.
Speaker 3: More Gutfeld than even Gutfeld has seen.
Speaker 5: I certainly put more effort into any of my bits than Gutfeld has done for his entire life. Sorry, continue, it's just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were talking about like it seems like they're just it's the same conservative comedy special over and over like the like it's just the same handful of jokes, like what does the writer's room look like for Gutfeld? Like besides non union?
Speaker 5: Like what is non union? You need a rhyming dictionary. I don't know if you all have seen a two minute cut of Gutfeld just rhyming. This is him in one week. He's the worst man in the world, just write just like just like a terrible a terrible comedian. It makes me so mad. He's not a comedian. They were like, this is the closest thing we have, right, Yeah, his writer's room. It's just essentially saying shit and like a weird cadence. It's the amount that he rhymes, I think is what really gets to me, because it's unnecessary. I'm sending a link here. Yeah, So this is all I watched Gutfeld for, like I you know, watched it in the background that I switched with the person that watched it like intently every night for a whole week. This is every rhyme he did during his late night show for one week. It's just one week.
Speaker 3: This is what it's being. One week of me rhymeman. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Birds have them stumped, so they blame it on Trump.
Speaker 11: Biden gives himself a pass for the cost of food, milk, and gas.
Speaker 3: Step outside of you dare, there's turds in the air. Who should we be thanking for journalism? Tanking?
Speaker 4: Second leap and announce his beep?
Speaker 3: When will Trump.
Speaker 11: Make a peep about his choice for beep? The media cries about their demise for tabloid fodder. She's a keeper, But what if Taylor's stories went much deeper? Will politicians live forever thanks to a brain chip endeavor?
Speaker 5: This is comedy.
Speaker 11: Diapers, canes and chips in their brains Elon enters your mind with a chip he designed.
Speaker 2: We made it for seconds of the wait.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is one week's one week's worth of shows.
Speaker 5: What a it's so And that's not counting the ones on the five because he also rhymes on the five. And some will say, well, those are just his transitions between segments, and to that, I would say, that's a shitty transition between segments. Also, it's not just his transitions between segments. There are plenty of rhymes within the segments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, And that's not right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not a joke. That's two words. That sounds similar. It's not a joke. And I'm not triggered. It's just shitty.
Speaker 2: It sucks, It really does suck. Oh man, this is very bad. I have been losing sleep ever since I heard about Gutfeld and how the right is getting funny and the left is worried. But this is good news.
Speaker 5: We like he's the king of late night and they are at seven pm on the West coast, right right.
Speaker 3: Right, truly truly dominating the fucking charts'.
Speaker 2: Dominating the charts. The air is full of sharts. Oh wow, I was gonna hear one.
Speaker 5: I want to hear your best gut felt.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, here's the thing. We've got a presidential pick named Kamala Harris. She'll leave the nation embarrassed.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's got to steal that one in the Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know, I got yeah, justin can we edit that out? That would Actually I'm going to take that one of her campaign.
Speaker 3: I'm actually gonna take that one.
Speaker 5: No one can defeat Gutfeld, no one, no one, exactly.
Speaker 3: I have to use his own weapons against him, exactly to bring him down.
Speaker 5: The only good thing Bill Maher has ever done is go on Gutfeld show and make him look stupid. The only good thing Bill mar has ever done.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, yeah, because.
Speaker 5: If he went on and Gutfeld is like, see, we have so many points of view, and Bill Maher was like, this is the only time that you've ever had someone that's like a liberal and I'm doing air quotes.
Speaker 3: Exactly, we might be equally islamophobic. Actually we might have overlapt in that sense, trying to.
Speaker 5: Be like, see we're like bestI use we're like best friends. And Bill mar like was just like, okay, I'm here about my book.
Speaker 3: Which is so funny too, because like even in comedy. You see, like some of the people that go on Bill Maher's little like you know what basement podcast that he does, and like half the time they're like, dude, what I know? It's so good.
Speaker 2: Well, kat A Gazale, thank you so much for coming. What a pleasure having you. Can't wait to keep watching your election coverage, one of the best to do it. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 5: Subscribe to my YouTube channel or follow my TikTok kat m aboo That's kate a t m abu. That's also my Blue Sky, which is pretty much just for pictures of my cat, Peter and Peter exactly, Tommy Peter, the rest of my socials, Instagram, Twitter threads all that that you have my full last name, so I would just advise either looking at my name or going on my link tree because it's long and hardest fill.
Speaker 3: We will not for me show notes.
Speaker 5: Show thank you, and also thank you for having me. I've had a great time.
Speaker 3: Podcast. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we'd love to have you back because I feel like it's only going to get weirder as we get.
Speaker 2: Turns out it's only July. Yeah, and we're this weird.
Speaker 3: How is that possible? Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying a time? I have a film anything.
Speaker 5: I've been watching a lot of Dimension twenty on Dropout and it's Dungeons and Dragons with running Lee Mulligan as their game master. And it's very fun to watch, and uh yeah, I highly recommend it. I've had a blast. I don't even know that much about D and D, but now I'm like, god, I want to not only play D and D, but like play with these people right right right. It's very fun to watch.
Speaker 3: Looks like they got a bunch exactly. Yeah. They got a good crew.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dropout crew great, they make.
Speaker 3: Great Yeah, yeah, yeah, I do awesome. Miles. Where can people find you as their working media you've.
Speaker 2: Been enjoy Here?
Speaker 3: Find me at Miles of Gray, Twitter, Instagram. You find Jack and I talking basketball on Miles and Jack got mad BOOSTI And if you want to hear me talk about ninety day Fiance, I do that over on four to twenty day Fiance. For all my trash reality lovers, a tweet, I like, oh man, there's a few, let's see this one is just kind of funny. At Weird Bongs. Just tweeted this photo of like a half smoked cigarette in a bowl with saran wrap over it in the refrigerator next to some loose chicken bones, and something so visceral about someone with a half smoked cigarette being like, let me put the saran wrap on top of the bull. And then another one was just well, actually this was at Non Turtle Soup. Actually it's actually a video, yeah, Amanda, Yeah, man, it's also been on the show too. Just this fucking weird ad from JD again, just stupid ass ad trying to get people pumped up for the campaign, and this is how he's trying to get people pumped up for the campaign. Hey guys, Jadie Vans here at Radford, Virginia. I thought i'd taking behind the scenes a little bit. When you get to an event, they've got a ton of crap for you to drink and eat. You got three bottles to die out to do, about a dozen snickers and nag of chips. If I ain't even half this stuff, of course I blewed up like crazy. This is this is the energy that powers the presidential and vice presidential campaign. Of course, I'm honored to be supporting President Trump. I'm honored to be his running mate. If you want to help us, chip in five dollars, chip in fifteen dollars to get the message out and to get people to the polls. This election is so important. Your resources help us do the things we need to win.
Speaker 2: Okay, did he know that, like chippin was written in there as like a play on words, because that's the only thing that.
Speaker 3: Coulson this, Wait, are we thinking this was written? I think this was pure. This is improvised.
Speaker 5: They're like those videos, this charisma you can't get anywhere else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I said, is the grand Wizard of the KKK and he's trying to hit us with this elementary cit He's like he was trying to be colloqual, like first he was calling it crap, like it's bad for you, but also trying to be like, yo, look at us free crap we got. Dude.
Speaker 5: It makes me not want to chip in five dollars because I'm like, well, you just could not get as many bags of chips, making like crazy and you're not going to eat half of it.
Speaker 3: What's the two of you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like DeSantis thing going the like come on, man, sugar, you know, like when DeSantis was like when people were like you ate pudding with two fingers, you freak, and he was like, no, I don't even eat pudding. Man, come on, man, sugar, because didn't j d vance Like also, well, I guess he said I don't drink.
Speaker 3: Mountain Do I drink diet mountain dew?
Speaker 2: But I feel like he's always talking like he's got that like dolphin yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah? What was that one? Is that? Is that a thing?
Speaker 4: I saw that pop up too now that he's searching dolphin shit.
Speaker 5: So like there was like highlighting in the screenshot that made it seem like he could be searching or right, dolphin sex, like dolphin with a woman, right, And then they had to like change a headline because it was like there's no definitive proof that was the case. Oh my god, I love his Twitter is so good now, like the picture of him like looking at guns because you need such a big strong man in the background. Like the next case over it's like about of Nazi memorabilia. Yeah, there's sir, delete your delete your old tweets.
Speaker 2: Killing it amazing.
Speaker 3: A couple of.
Speaker 5: Where can we find you? And do you have any media though.
Speaker 2: You can find me, Oh my god, thank you so much for asking. You can find me actually at Jack Underscore O'Brien on Twitter, enjoying things like PJ Evans tweeted catching up to a guy in the grocery store, I got milk before I knew you had already gotten some.
Speaker 3: I wasn't copying.
Speaker 2: You, which I can identify it with. Also such a fear, Hey you copied me? No man, no, just like yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: The no.
Speaker 2: Garfinkle tweeted, I'm totally xanax pilled.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed.
Speaker 2: You can find us on.
Speaker 3: Twitter at daily Zeikeist.
Speaker 2: We're at the Daily Zeicheist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: Yes, this is a track from a group called Night Tapes. They are from Southeast London and it's very like DIY, dreamy bedroom pop and I just like it. It feels sparkly, it feels fun. It feels like there's nine ninety eight days until an election. So this track is called Drifting and it's by night Tapes. This is what I'm gonna be listening to when I do my little tracings later. Okay, so put it in your headphones to relax. Drifting by night Tapes, all right. We will link off to that in the footnotes. All these zekeeist production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning. We are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all dun bye, bye bye