Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour.
Speaker 2: It's a Meet Friday, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show. We'll check in with the Golden State Warriors after the incredible performance by Steph Curry last night in Orlando and the great actor Woody Harrelson's new movie Last Breath. He will join us coming up as well. Age seven to seven to three. DP Show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle the DP Show. Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app. Our radio affiliates around the country. iHeartRadio Fox Sports Radio and it is a Meet Friday. I just went and inspected the Tregger Grills. The smoked baby back ribs look delish, mac and cheese. Coleslaw. Who has it better than we do. Make sure you go to Danpatrick dot com for a variety of reasons. If you're looking for a head cover for your driver, as we get ready for springtime with golf, we got one for you Danpatrick dot Com. Limited quantity stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America Official Trading cards to The Dan Patrick Show. Steph Curry last night fifty six points. He had twelve three pointers. He has made an NBA best twenty six career games with ten or more three pointers. That's more than the next five players combined. So that's Klay Thompson, Dame Lillard, James Harden, Zach Levine, and j R. Smith. Stat of the day, stat of the day, that past stat of the day, stat of the day here comes that what stat of the day? Steph also single handedly outscored the Magic in the third quarter twenty two to twenty one. This was an Oh, by the way game, and I was actually watching this then I realized Steph was on a heater. Zion Williamson went twenty seven, ten and eleven, first career triple double. They beat the Suns, And I'm looking at the numbers here. He's having a good month. Sixteen games since January first. He's averaging twenty five a game, he's averaging seven rebounds in five assists, and he's shooting sixty percent from the floor. Yeah, if you could only give me that on a consistent basis. Can you give me seventy games a year where you're putting up those kind of numbers. The problem is can't stay healthy. But sixteen games since January first. You know, there are a lot of storylines. The problem is, you know, the Detroit Pistons aren't going to get clicks, but they played really well and that's a big win. They beat the Boston Celtics. Now you got Denver coming into town tonight. I believe, you know, the Lakers are going to take the oxygen out of the room, and I understand that. But there are some good basketball being There is good basketball being played, and it's probably in places where you're not used to looking. And you know, I want Detroit to get credit. They're playoff team right now. Houston. Houston is a dangerous team as well. You know, we tend to focus we play the hits. I understand that sometimes you have to go a deeper cut on the album if you are aware what albums are.
Speaker 3: Yes, Marvin, and don't forget Memphis is the two seed in the West. We talk about all these other teams in the West, and Memphis is the two seed.
Speaker 2: That's a great point. And you know we tend to focus on Memphis when it's something negative that has to do with John Morant. But they are a really good team. Anthony Edwards got his sixteenth technical through the ball in the stands. Minnesota lost to the Lakers. Like even in interviews he drops f bombs. I gret, you know you're twenty three, but somebody needs to make sure you remind the twenty three year old you don't have to act like a twenty three year old and that you know, Lakers got the win. But you know, Anthony Edwards, you get into the playoffs and you already got sixteen technicals. Now we got a problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paulie, you also don't want to build a rep and he might be too late on this where you start getting technicals when you're playing in relevant games a couple of years from now. Remember Rashid Wallace, he would get them and then that's it for the rest of his career. He couldn't even look at a rep.
Speaker 2: Well, Draymond Green, Yeah, like the official is expecting. Like you don't want them to be looking for it, you want them reacting to it. But they're human. Anthony Slater, senior writer covering Golden State Warriors for The Athletic. He was there watching Steph Curry with the magic last night. Was it a standing ovation from the crowd in the third quarter?
Speaker 5: Anthony no, it actually got the loudest I thought in the fourth afore he hit the three straight three. I think it helped that Orlando was kind of answering back at the time, because that kind of usually whips the crowd into a frenzy a little bit. But it was like truly playoff level ending cheering when he hit it, like entire arena. It felt like a home playoff game, like on Steph Mate. Reason was it was a little strange.
Speaker 2: When did you realize that Steph was maybe gonna be on a heater.
Speaker 5: Probably when he hit the fifty footer, you know in the half, Yeah, to give him twenty one, which you know they were like playing really poorly at the time. They're down seventeen. He hits the you know bomb with you know, one point five seconds left. They're inbounding it under their own hoop to trail by fourteen, and it was weird. You saw the magic like defeatedly walking into the locker room up fourteen. I was like, oh, that's it's weird. It had that type of effect. And then he came out in the third and he was aggressive all game, but the fact he hit that one.
Speaker 2: Usually he comes out and tries to at least.
Speaker 5: See if he's hot early in the third and if he is, he really puts the pedal down, and he did.
Speaker 2: Are you surprised at this point with anything that he does? No? Not really.
Speaker 5: I mean sometimes the age, right, he's turning thirty seven next month, that part. But I guess, like we shouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 2: By anything in the NBA anymore.
Speaker 5: You know what Lebron's doing that forty with what Chris calls to doing in the league. You know, at forty, Kevin Durant's Steph Curry's age so clearly like age isn't quite what it was in the NBA. But he's the other thing about Steph being around him every day, I mean the work he puts in, the conditioning, he keeps himself in that like I don't leave the arena last night like wow, what a special performers. It was like, oh, Steph got hot last night, you know, probably get hot again. I had saw him score sixty in Atlanta last year. It was to me, it's just bigger that he has the spirit to do it right now because he actually believes they're more of a contender than he did.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago. Give me the difference between the Warriors a month ago and right now.
Speaker 5: Jimmy Butler really, I mean, I know he didn't have a good game last night, but but he brought an attitude to this team, a confidence level, a second score, a guy that gets to the free throw line. They're among the top teams in the league since he's arrived at you know, shooting free throws, and historically, including this year, they're a bottom five team in free throws mid range. Defensively, they're turning teams over like crazy, and they're not turning it over, which is what Jimmy Butler does and what the Warriors historically don't do.
Speaker 2: They turn it over too much.
Speaker 5: So he's just like kind of changed the mechanics and the attitude of the team. And they're seven and one since they got him. Prior to that, they were like thirteen and twenty three over their previous thirty six. They hadn't won three games in a rows in November. Now they're on a five game winning streak. So it's really just him.
Speaker 2: Kevin Durant turned down the opportunity to go to Golden State. Is that a fair assessment of what didn't happen.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, yeah, I can remember Trade. So trade deadline week, so it's on Thursday, I'd say the previous Saturday to that, Steph Curry talked to Kevin Durant, kind of got the idea that he didn't want to come and for whatever reason, both front offices Phoenix Is and the Warriors kind of just plowed through the negotiations despite Durant's desire not to be there. From my understanding, the Warriors front office ownership kind of underestimated Durant's coldness towards it, and then.
Speaker 2: By the end, by the end when they.
Speaker 5: Needed to get like the final checkpoint, they had the conversation they needed to have and we're like, oh, okay, he really doesn't want to come in. And again, I've said this before, but I think there was a lot of collective twenty nineteen flashbacks. They were an awesome team in twenty nineteen, but Kevin Durant was not happy to be there the entire time. I don't think anybody wanted to relive just the energy of that, so they just cancel it, pivoted to Butler, and you know, whatever you think about the difference between Butler and Durant as a player. Butler right now is like extremely happy to be on the Warriors, And I think that's a big difference. I motivated superstar as opposed to a superstar who wouldn't want to be there.
Speaker 2: Hell threatening, are the Warriors threatening? I think that's a good word. Right.
Speaker 5: I'm not ready to say contender. Maybe we can call him fringe contenders, And I think that says more about the West under Oklahoma City. I don't think it's that strong. But we've seen Jimmy Butler with a lower seed in the East playoffs drag the Heat to two finals. We've seen Steph Curry in twenty twenty two, we had a real legitimate, you know, number two star next to him takeo Arrior scene that was really just like kind of some is greater than the parts type team to the championship.
Speaker 2: So those two despite.
Speaker 5: You know, Steph thirty seven, Butler thirty five, Dramas thirty five, the three best players.
Speaker 2: Are that old.
Speaker 5: Like that's what makes me doubt it still, But like we have seen these, right, I would say, three guys in playoff settings.
Speaker 2: Really raise their game. So I wouldn't want to face them if I was a three seed. I'll leave you with this, what's been more impressive? What Lebron is doing or what Steph is doing? Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, probably, I would say just probably Lebron literally, just because of the three extra years. You know, I don't know what STEP's gonna look like at forty. He doesn't know who'll be passed this current contract, which feels like a long way away. So both, obviously, you know, extremely impressive. I wouldn't want to downgrade the other, but Lebron at forty is is pretty unbelievable to me.
Speaker 2: I know you've had a busy schedule, Anthony, Thank you for making time yep, thanks having Anthony Slater, senior writer covering Golden State for the Athletic. A couple of phone calls in here Noah in Indiana, Good morning, Noah, thanks for holding what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: This is Noah Loving in Indiana.
Speaker 6: Hey, I've got a question for you and the dan ass I'm curious to what you guys think about that Luca trade with the Mavericks.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Noah, Wait, Luca got traded. We forgot to get to that last. Yeah, you know, I've been spending too much time on the tush push. I just didn't have time to talk about this Luca trade. But thank thank you, Noah, thank you for reminding us of that. Let's see Dave in San Antonio. Hi Dave, how are you good? Guys? Welcome back.
Speaker 7: We missed you a lot. I want to seeing a stat of the day. But before I get to that, I want to tell you that my son loves this show. I got him hooked on it. You guys were out for a week. He was like, Yo, where's Dan, Dad?
Speaker 2: I'm missing him.
Speaker 7: Today we're in the car, we're listening to you his favorite player, Steph. So you start talking about Steph and his handles, and you're like, he doesn't have the best handles, and my son goes, oh, what is Dan chatting about?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 7: He Uh, Steph has the best handles in the NBA.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, teacher, Son, that that's not true. It's Kyrie, okay and Dan. That's all I wanted to tell you.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, Seton, He's Steph doesn't have the best handles in the NBA because that is Kyrie. But he's probably top five all time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe is it a different type of handle because his handle is about getting his own shot, not necessarily getting past the defender to the hole. So it's a different handle than Kyrie.
Speaker 2: Like Magic's handle No. A six' nine running the. Break but when we.
Speaker 3: Said, handle get to the top of the key and get.
Speaker 10: You.
Speaker 2: Okay but now you're defining what handle, is it's in. TRAFFIC i think for the most part that we're talking about somebody's, handle.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah So kyrie And steph are in the top five all, time and name any other three you, want go.
Speaker 2: Ahead iverson's, handle, sure probably, two, Right Tim hardaway's, handle, yep, okay, yeah, YEAH i just wanted to make SURE i, knew you, know kind of what we were how we were defining, handle got, you?
Speaker 9: Okay Isaiah thomas is up, There, isaiah great?
Speaker 2: Hand you know what man?
Speaker 9: Uh jamal is up there, Too Samaal Crawford, yep, okay.
Speaker 2: Yep, well all of a sudden it got a little more interesting. There Marvin White, Chocolate Jason Old, definitely. Yep that's great. Handle Graystal, Pete, yeah, yep. Yeap. Great that dude was born about forty years to. Earth oh my. God Bob coosey's handle of course in nineteen, six if you, want, yes he had the original handle. Right did they call handle back? Then, no they did.
Speaker 9: Not they did because it was a. Hand you just used the hand one hand and that.
Speaker 2: Right Marcus, Haynes Curly Neil, globetrotters just, SAYING i, MEAN i don't know how deep we're going with, This Martin bob In.
Speaker 9: Portland, those by the, way those are all not people that are better Than steph's. Handled those are just people that are in the top ten.
Speaker 2: Conversation, okay top ten. Conversation bob In, Portland, Hi, bob what's on your? Mind?
Speaker 8: Hey good, Morning dan And dannette's five six in a quarter of swimming down Five and speaking of, HANDLING i want to thank your phone answer because he asked me a couple of questions to handle me long enough to, say, Okay i'll Put john, Hold i'll let you talk To dan and The dan. Nets YAY, o happy Black Marvin, dan thank you for getting a brother on the on the. Team appreciate you all The Dan. Nets And i'm just curious if if you go around the, room how many of you have visited The Muhammad Ali museum In, Louisville. Kentucky so much basketball going on if you're In. Louisville anybody please go to The Muhammad Ali. Museum it'll be an experience and very. Affordable you will never ever.
Speaker 2: Regret all, right, well thank, You, Bob. Marvin, congratulations it's the last. Day but, yeah we made. It No rooney role on this. Show. NOW i did not need a room. Needle.
Speaker 3: NO i enjoyed very. Much, Oh, Dan dan went, Woke dan went. Woke what are you talking? ABOUT i was in the. BACK i was fifty ft. Away, uh we need somebody to run the. Board AND i had experience from the mother.
Speaker 2: Ship it's Like marvin's A dei, hired And i'm, like at least NOT i was. Here he was.
Speaker 9: Here sure if any of the, thing the rest of us are, Daires.
Speaker 2: You've been, great by the. WAY i have. SOMETHING i have a project That i'm involved with With Muhammad ali That i'll let you. Know and it's, uh could turn out to be something really really. Great So i'm working on something right now that has to do With Muhammad, ali and once we get closer to completion with, This i'll let you know all about. It let me see What let's let's get To zach And. Florida, Hi zach what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Today Hey, DAN a quick question for. You it's seventy, Five It's sonny In Southwest, florida and it's always a guitar music.
Speaker 2: Listening season down.
Speaker 6: Here you Had Stephen Wilson junior ON i think three weeks, ago months. AGO i love his stuff so much So i've been listening to him. CONSTANTLY i need a, following a couple of singers just like him to keep listening to on the golf course this. Afternoon and finally a follow up shout out To, paulie your BIGGEST dei, hire fellow southsider here and Fellow Mariam catholic.
Speaker 2: Alum all, right thank, You. ZACH i don't know IF i have any new artist to tell you. About. Hmm this. One it was my, brother who is an aspiring, songwriter heard the song and said this might be the best song you ever, hear AND i was, like, okay that's. DUBIOUS i listened to the, song sent it to seat and, seat and listened to it five times in a, row and then all of a, SUDDEN i realized that he was going to be In, massachusetts coming through going To New, york AND i, said let's reach out and we got him. In he was on a show Called the Print, SHOP i believe is what it. Is so they're the ones that had him on camera performing some of these. Songs so a shout out to. Them without, THEM i wouldn't have probably Experienced Stephen Wilson. Junior you who went to see him In pittsburgh Last. Saturday Mike Florio my you Know Mike Florio Pro Football. Talk, YEAH i went to see. Him that's, good, yep. Yep And Steven Wilson junior dedicated this song to, me according To, Florio, yeah THAT'S i am my father's. Son. Awesome, yeah, yeah gave me a shout. Out it wasn't, air But florio said he gave me a shout. Out all, right let me take a. Break we'll come. Back more phone. Calls it's a Meet, Friday Woody, Harrelson woodrow AND i will ask the question about the time THAT i got high With Woody harrelson And Darius rucker right after.
Speaker 1: This Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio. App SEARCH fsr to listen.
Speaker 11: Live, Hey Steve covino And I'm Rich, david and together We're covino And rich On Fox Sports.
Speaker 12: Radio you could catch.
Speaker 13: Us weekdays from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four pacific On Fox Sports radio and of course The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 12: App why should you listen To covino And.
Speaker 13: Rich we talk about, everything, life, sports, relationships what's going on in the.
Speaker 11: World we have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop, culture stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to.
Speaker 13: Discuss and the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work. TOGETHER i mean that says, something, Right so check us.
Speaker 11: Out we like to get you involved, too take your phone, calls chop it.
Speaker 12: Up as they, Say.
Speaker 13: I'd, say the most interactive show On Fox Sports, radio maybe the most interactive show on.
Speaker 12: Planetar be sure to.
Speaker 11: Check Out covino And rich live On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio app from.
Speaker 12: Five to seven Pm, eastern two.
Speaker 13: To Four, Pacific and if you miss any of the live, show just Search covino And rich wherever you get your, podcasts and of course on social.
Speaker 12: Media That's covino And rich.
Speaker 2: We'll talk To Woody. Harrelson his new movie coming. Up by the, way the, character if you're old enough to remember the Show, cheers the character's name Is. Woody they didn't change the name of the character just because It's Woody. Harrelson he auditioned for. It they were going to give that role to somebody, else AND i think at the last minute they let him audition for, it and it just so. Happened the character's name Is woody and Became Woody, Harrelson and that's his real, Name. Woodrow although if you were going to say to me back, then you know that guy will be the most successful actor out of everybody who's in. Here and he's been in he's been nominated. Twice people Versus Larry, FLINT i, think and The, messenger who's our, Guy ben who was In Foster Ben. Foster that he doesn't act. Enough he's in the three ten to huhat Movie Russell crowe is That Christian bale.
Speaker 4: Yep dang that he was also in the Movie Alpha dog With timberlake And Emil.
Speaker 2: Hirsch, okay good. Flick, yeah but What he's had a lot of roles and he's one of those guys that shows up and like you'll be, like, hey what'd you do last? Night? Oh you Know Willie nelson with Uh Woody, harrelson and you throw out somebody what he's always? Involved, like he's always he's. Omnipresent it feels Like i'd love to know what his, rolodex his phone looks. Like with all the friends that he. Has this feels. Like and he lives In hawaii and, uh AND i mentioned this about going to his brownstone In New york years. Ago he lived in The West village or be SOHO i guess and UH i brought that up to him in this. Conversation we talked To woody a couple of days. Ago and he grew up In, Lebnon, ohio Not, Lebanon, Ohio, Lebnon. OHIO i grew up In, Mason so we're about eight miles. Apart and HE'S i think five or six years younger than. Me AND i don't know if he played high school basketball or. NOT i think his bio says he played a little bit in college At Hanover, college which is A DIVISION. Iii But Woody harrelson has a new movie and it's Called Last. Breath got to watch it On sunday and just the opening, Scene LIKE i would watch the opening scene again because it's a deep sea. Diver so what he plays a deep sea diver and they're In Northern, Ireland they're in The North. Sea they go down they're, CALLED i think they're called like lubricating divers or saturation, divers something like, that where they go down for these power grid and you have to do all this. Work they're out at sea for thirty, days you have to decompress for four days when you come back in and it you, know if this is based on a true story Called Last, breath but it's it's About woody and his crew and one of his men get stuck down there and goes without oxygen for thirty. Minutes AND i start out by asking what he that opening scene was pretty remarkable and what was it that brought him to do this.
Speaker 10: Movie, Well Paul, brooks WHO i, worked he was the producer On, champions this MOVIE i did before you. Know he he mentioned this to me and mentioned the documentary which was On netflix at the, time and so he said to watch, it AND i watched it AND i, said oh my, god this Is i'm In i'm in one hundred. PERCENT i love. It he, says you want to read the. Script i'm, LIKE i don't need to read the. Script i'm, in you, know BECAUSE i was just so blown away by.
Speaker 2: The, Story like what an incredible.
Speaker 10: Story if you if you just heard about it and you didn't see, it you, know AS i did in the, documentary you couldn't believe that it could, happen you.
Speaker 2: Know SO i was kind of.
Speaker 10: Mystified by the, story AND i Thought Alex, parkinson you, know who had done the doc did a tremendous job on the.
Speaker 2: Movie but you have thirty minutes of time where he doesn't have any he doesn't have any, oxygen and where he was the depth of, it and you, know maybe the temperature prevented any. Damage doctors still haven't figured out why he didn't suffer irreparable.
Speaker 10: Harm, YEAH i think it's it's one of those, Unexplainables like you might just call it a miracle because And i'm sure that the the temperature, factors the how far below the, SURFACE i, mean those are had something to do with, it but it's still, inexplicable you.
Speaker 2: Know and you didn't have to get in the, water which is good for, you, Right, well they do it in.
Speaker 10: Rotation they have THREE sat divers and so that just at that TIME i was in The, bell which is that little tiny tin can that comes down from the.
Speaker 2: Ship you don't get, claustrophobic do, You, WELL.
Speaker 10: I don't get claustrophobic so much AS i if there's no windows open in a, room that can start to bother.
Speaker 2: Me, yeah or like a car. Clausophobia when you take away a movie like, this LIKE i don't know what if if you search for, roles like what is new that you're you? Want like are you at that point in your career where you, GO i haven't done? That or like how does that?
Speaker 10: Work, well there was certainly novelty to this project and this, character and you, know it was nice to meet the Actual, duncan AND i, thought AND i got to meet Also. DAVE i didn't get to Meet, chris who's the person who all this really happened. To BUT i felt also about him that all of these guys are kind of philosophical and pretty, zen which you, know so they have a real powerful, presence you. Know But dunk's, funny very.
Speaker 2: Funny He's Woody harrelson and the movie is Called Last breath and hits theaters coming Up, Friday february twenty. Eighth when's the last time you picked up a. Basketball it's been a few.
Speaker 10: Months, YEAH i played a little while. BACK i played With Adam sandler and uh.
Speaker 2: Were we?
Speaker 10: FORGET i think we were In LA i know we were In. Maui, anyway he always gets together wherever he, is he gets a game.
Speaker 2: Going, yeah how was your game compared to?
Speaker 10: His he's pretty good, actually and he's a. Baller BUT i like to think we one time played.
Speaker 2: One on one For it was a, long long.
Speaker 10: Game because he was very, defensive and it just went on and on and, on and by the end of, it you, know it was like tied thirteen to thirteen or something because you needed to win by. Two and it was finally LIKE i forget which one of us said, it like do you want to?
Speaker 2: Stop and the other was just so. Grateful think we got to stop. This it was like a. CEASEFIRE i think it's probably what it. Was a ceasefires what it. Was, yeah can can we bring up the story WHEN i visited your house in uh in the village With Darius? Rucker? Sure do you remember THAT i came With Darius rucker one night to your. Place of course you don't remember. TOO i don't remember.
Speaker 10: Anything, okay you literally have no recollection of.
Speaker 2: Anything, okay but well now we'll hold.
Speaker 10: It, well this was in the, village so this must have been about fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Ago. YEAH i think it Was King. Street does that sound? Right? Yeah. Okay So darius is recording In New york and he, said it's late at, night and he, goes, hey do you want to go To? Woodies, WELL i don't know, who what do? YOU i think it's a. Bar so we get in the. Car all of a, sudden we pull up to a. Brownstone we walk up to the, Door you, answer AND i, go, Oh. Whaties so we proceeded to go into your kitchen and you had some pot And darius fell off the kitchen. Chair after three, HITS i say to, you at one, point can you get us something better than this? Ragweed? Okay so the look on your face was, like is he He's you look At, Darius you're, like is he? Serious And i'm actually holding onto the chair SO i don't fall. Off you kept getting tupperware and the pot kept getting like lighter green like, lime like you were. Going you went. UPSTAIRS i think at one point you're, like, okay and so you brought in reinforcements there AND I i it might have been just another day of the week for, you BUT I i got ruffed. UP i got BUT i didn't fall off my. CHAIR i went toe to toe with. You whether you knew THAT i was going toe to toe with, YOU.
Speaker 10: I kept up in the ine and you just you just stayed with.
Speaker 2: It WHEN i said, ragweed the look on your face was like you wanted To you were, competitive you were, insulted and you brought out pot that it looked like anafree color of. Anafreeze And i'm, Like i'm in trouble, here, Man i'm in. Trouble do you get, like does it still hits you the way like it crushed me and Knocked darius off the? Chair but is it like you're? Okay you and what do He Willie nelson or like this is.
Speaker 10: FINE i don't want to Smoke willie's, weed BUT i you, KNOW i like a, sativa like a. CALMER i don't want to smoke one head and have to like you, know, uh you, know Rest So, NO i much rather have something that you can share and it's. Lighter, YEAH i, MEAN i don't. Know on that occasion it might have been a stronger. Delio but NOW i try to stay with The sativa outdoor.
Speaker 2: ORGANIC i should do that. Too The Five Time club WITH. Snl how proud of you of that. Accomplishment that might be my best.
Speaker 10: Accomplishment but, no it's really a cool, experience And i'm looking forward to number.
Speaker 2: Six you, Know lauren just keeps on.
Speaker 10: Going you probably keep doing it in another fifty.
Speaker 2: Years but what's the first? One, like what's the first? One when you hosted.
Speaker 10: The first one was you, know very nervous when you're standing off stage waiting for the light to turn red and going out for your, monologue it is nerve. WRACKING i mean when you of course you know it's live and you don't get another.
Speaker 2: Take it's it's it's. Exciting and also the other members of The Five Time club coming out to congratulate, You Steve martin And Tom. Hanks, yeah good. Company, Cool, yeah, well good luck with the. Movie It's, Friday february twenty, eighth based on a true. Story it's Called Last. Breath what are he good to talk to you. Again thank. You, yeah good talking with. You see in the. Kitchen, No i'm not going to insult your whe to ever. Again that was a big. Mistake But darius AND i still laugh about. That the fact that you'd literally you knocked the guy off of a chair because of how strong your pot. Was that's, yeah that's just he's no lightweight. Either no he's. Not, no he's. Not thank you, again good, luck all, Right, yeah take. Care It's Whaty harrelson the Movie Last breath in theaters. Today he didn't remember THAT i was in his kitchen smoking pot with him And Darius. Rucker very polite of him though he. Was, yes to be.
Speaker 4: Fair to, you that seemed like a really Normal tuesday afternoon For Woody, harrelson having a couple famous dudes pop by his place to smoke a couple of bit and move out with their.
Speaker 8: Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah i've never seen pot that color of, green like you, know when somebody gets, slimed you, know it's that lime. Green and it felt like every TIME i insulted his, pot he went upstairs to get another thing of, tupperware and then he'd bring it back down like he was competitive AND i don't smoke, pot not interested in. It But darius we went. THERE i didn't know what we were. Doing When darius, goes let's go To, WOODIES i don't. Know Is woody's a. Bar we show, up knock on the, Door woody is? THERE i, go, oh this Is. Woodies and the next thing you, know we go right into the. Kitchen hendrix is playing really. Loud we go in the kitchen and he has a. Joint, darius swear to. God he falls off the chair after about thirty, seconds maybe sixty, seconds and he can't get up off the, floor And i'm yelling at him and he's just. Laughing he cannot get, up AND i kept, going, man this is. Ragweed you got anything better than? This And, darius you know how that laughter? Is WHEN i would say that he made you? Know and then, yes and he go. Upstairs he went up three. Times I'm i'm holding onto the chair with my right hand BECAUSE i don't want to end up on the floor With. DARIUS i don't even know HOW i got. OUT i don't even. KNOW i don't remember anything from the kitchen to getting outside to going going.
Speaker 3: Home, Yes marvin, did would he bring down the weed that only has the name of side effects or like with sound noise like noises like oh what is?
Speaker 2: This, No, no there was no like a purple cush or any. Like it was just it was green and one batch looked like it was what do you put in your battery and? Freeze.
Speaker 9: Yeah see it sounds like you're describing somebody leveling up hot. Sauces you, know like if you ever watch that show and they're, like all, right here comes you, know the. Crucifier, oh this is gonna be really. Hot this one came in a. Coffin you're. RIGHT i think we went through five.
Speaker 2: Joints and just because Now i'm competitive And i'm going to compete with a guy who this is all he does is. Smoke oh all, right Last cairl for phone. Calls what we. Learned what's in store For? Monday it's a Meat. Friday i'm looking. Outside we've got a fire burning in a fire, pit and we got the ribs coming off the grill as we. Speak, also coming, up we'll play The Matthew stafford. Game might be the last day we can play The Matthew stafford game where he's going to end. Up we'll have that for you coming up right after.
Speaker 1: This be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 2: Most SINCE i was A.
Speaker 3: Dyna BUT i don't want no kind OF i don't in the.
Speaker 2: Touch, alrighty last call for phone. Calls what we, learn what's in store From. Monday we'll play The Matthew stafford Game this day in sports. History, ALSO i saw this story a lower Tier german football game BETWEEN Fc taxi And Rothweiss. Mulheim the third or three apparently referee abandoning the match before he had he even blown his whistle as one of the. Players before the, game child of one of the players ran up to the player and bid him in the, testicle and they decided to, yes so the two clubs will now have their match rescheduled for later in the. Season they had no choice but to call the. Match as you, know as we, know some kids can kick you in the, shins others MAYBE i don't know about biting in the, testicle, yeah.
Speaker 4: Not a fellow soccer. PLAYER a child ran from the.
Speaker 2: CHILD i don't know if it was the child of a player, Yes, TOM.
Speaker 14: I think the child was neither working out with a stretching with his dad and the, teammates and decided that might be a good idea to go over to the official and do.
Speaker 2: That, alright let's play The Matthew stafford. Game soak that in for a.
Speaker 4: Second, ready here is The Matthew stafford.
Speaker 2: Game all, Right, okay when we show up On.
Speaker 4: Monday Matthew stafford has a new deal with The, rams a new deal with a new, team or is still in. Flux, dan you're gonna go, last oh, see and you're gonna go first Flux, flex is your, Answer, marvin deal with The. Rams i'm also gonna Go. Rams new, Deal, dan your.
Speaker 2: Last todd still in. Flux so it's either The, rams state Of flux or another.
Speaker 4: Team, yes you do not have to name the, team nless you choose to bonus.
Speaker 2: POINTS i think something's gonna happen here in the next seventy two. Hours i'll, say back with The, Rams back with The. RAMS i, mean it doesn't sound like that's a great payoff for everything that's been discussed. Here sometimes you want something to. Happen BUT i think that that if you can get two years at one hundred, million which is WHAT i thought they would probably come close to have it all. Guaranteed then why not stay? There and that's. It we played The Matthew stafford. Game final results of the poll Question, Seaton oh.
Speaker 9: Hold, on, SORRY i was. Clapping let's see if we were able to bring this number back to reality a little bit, Here whose career would you? Want past and? Future right? Now Shoho tiny has come down to forty eight percent.
Speaker 2: Of the, vote slowly chipping away at.
Speaker 9: That Patrick mahomes is out in third with twenty two. Percent steph has about Thirty.
Speaker 2: Okay the odds to win THE NBA, mvp according To, DraftKings Shay gilgess is going to. WIN i don't think he's the best player in the, game BUT i think at a new story and they've been the best team in The. West then It's joker and that's. It those are the only two. Candidates you HAVE sga at minus five, Hundred joker at plus three point, Fifty yannis at plus thirteen. Thousand so it's sda's and UH i believe, well we've thought this for a long long. Time this day in sports History.
Speaker 4: Paul nineteen Forty the first televised basketball game was Shown Fordham university versus The university Of pittsburgh From Madison Square garden In New York. City nineteen ninety, Nine venus And Serena williams became the first sisters to WIN Wta tour. Events on the same day and a little fill in the, blank it was announced That John madden would be Replacing blank On Monday Night football two thousand and, two Replacing blank as an Analyst Dennis miller And. Babe John madden Replaced Dennis millers At Tennessee Valley.
Speaker 2: Authority babe.
Speaker 9: Trade in the backfield Like napoleon and.
Speaker 2: None, Hey, babe Is dennis still doing stand? Up does he still have his show on radio show or a? PODCAST i. DON'T i don't. Know CHECK i saw him do stand up on time In tahoe and uh in very, funny.
Speaker 4: Stronger than The treaty Of.
Speaker 2: VERSAILLES i would laugh and PRETEND i know even to have These rando references and you're, like, yeah you look, around you, GO i don't know what he's talking. About let's go To gama.
Speaker 14: Going off tackle With Edgar Allen poe.
Speaker 2: There, UH i think we've done everything that we could do, today and then so about a round of applause for? Us nobody else is going to applaud for, us so why not we applaud for. OURSELVES a guy who's never afraid to take a victory Lap? Todd what did you learn?
Speaker 14: Today kenny And Los angeles Thinks pandora's version of the start of the day is a poor Man Stevie.
Speaker 2: NICKS i apologize To Stevie.
Speaker 9: Nicks, seatan you broke the news To Woody harrison that you were once in his kitchen to?
Speaker 2: Day REALLY i? Know and THEN i was like you Don't you do not remember THAT i was in your? Kitchen sports?
Speaker 3: Guy of COURSE i.
Speaker 2: Remember. Marvin would you learn today our audience agreed with you about show Hal, Tommy, yeah they're very, Smart. Paul would you Learn Woody?
Speaker 4: Harrison his first name Is Woodrow?
Speaker 1: Todd what DID i?
Speaker 14: Learn it's tough to explain to the casual sports fan why anyone would watch or care about THE Nfl.
Speaker 2: Combine most cars on the road could use a LITTLE. Tlc At, mako they bring your car back to life with affordable paint jobs and light collision. Repairs get a free estimate today uh, oh better Get. Mako twelve fifteen podcasts with the backroom guys would be available coming up this afternoon at danpatrick dot. Com have a wonderful, weekend a safe. Weekend we look forward to talking to you On. Monday