Speaker 1: Wait till I give my money. Attention Attention.
Speaker 2: Invest Fest twenty twenty four is coming back to Atlanta and we ad earn your leisure are doing a crazy promotion. For every item you purchase on investfestyl dot com will submit your name in a raffle to win an all inclusive experience to invest Fest twenty twenty four. You're automatically entered into the raffle to win this all inclusive experience. Here's what you'll win. Round trip airfare to Atlanta Fort SIU from Friday to Monday, or a one thousand dollars transportation and food stipend. One hotel room for three nights from Friday to Monday, two VIP tickets to invest Fest, two night life wristbands to all invest Fest Entertainment Network events, and black car service to and from Atlanta Airport. This offer runs until the end of June's get your merchant investfskyl dot com and have a chance to win the Grand Prime. See you at invest Fest twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 4: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Home Security.
Speaker 5: Isaac Hayes the third. But something, my brother, How you doing?
Speaker 1: Got you're doing? I'm doing? Next May this little bank pleasure? You got nothing? Thank you man?
Speaker 5: Thanks guys, Yeah, long time, no see.
Speaker 6: I know it's funny because like I think I see you guys like every every couple of weeks.
Speaker 7: Now, I'm sure, sure, sure, we always find new things to talk about he was Yeah, he was just throwing blackout. Yes, I was talked about the creative economy. Yeah, of course you've been on Ernlesia, been on invest Fest stage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've been on market mondays.
Speaker 1: This is true. What else is there to do?
Speaker 8: Now you have the red distinction of having two episodes on the Big Show, which is very rare.
Speaker 1: Red territory feeling about this.
Speaker 6: I feel honored because I'm catching you guys at the right time, because every time I turn on television, you have y'all all like really big programs like you know, I'm saying, y'all with a lot of a lot of dope people expand their brand, and I love it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, first and foremost we're on fan base. Yes, so yeah, you guys are. So that's that's.
Speaker 7: Something that should be People will probably by now already know that. But if you didn't know, you know, we've been in communication and this is something that we are very vocal about as far as us wanting to support you, as far as giving you a platform that's that's beneficial, but also us being on your.
Speaker 1: Platform as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I appreciate that, and I mean I think it's probably one of the premier kind of like additions to what we've been building, Can you guys validate us in a different way by you know, your your financial literacy. There's a seriousness and a wealth of information that people really need beyond just dances and you.
Speaker 1: Know, fun stuff.
Speaker 6: But you guys are bringing real content to the platform, and I'm looking forward to actually expanding like this relationship beyond what anybody can think of, because I think you know your message is extremely.
Speaker 1: Valuable, appreciate it in front of it. So if anybody that's under a rock they don't know.
Speaker 7: Fan Base is a social media platform that allows any regular creator to earn money based off of subscriptions.
Speaker 6: In a nutshell, right, yeah, I mean I'll say this. I mean, well, first, fan Base is a social networks, free to download, free to use. I say it all the time. So sometimes people get the notion that fambase might cost money. It doesn't cost any money to download and use the platform. I always say, look at it as a freemium model, so that you could have you can use it like you would use Instagram or TikTok or whatever, but then you can also have this added layer of subscribers if you want to and that's the part that I think is most important. I'm going to say this until the world acknowledges me for this, is that I invented peer to peer in a purchase subscription on mobile devices. So that means what fan Base allows you to do is take out your phone and use a fingerprint or a face scan through the App Store the Google Store to subscribe to a person before people will pull out credit cards if you're using all these other apps to have subscribers using a credit card. But once I did that and we launched that at twenty nineteen, about two years later, all the other platforms started doing it, including Apple chains and model, Google chains and models to accommodate the vision that people are going to be subscribing to people more than Netflix. Okay, so let's take it back a little bit. You recently raised seventeen million dollars is a number that I'm hearing right. We're raising said we raised ten You raised ten million dollars, were already raised ten million dollars in three years, and so that extreme that was extremely important because it gave us the capital kind of really to start and be acknowledged as a platform that people can can can really use and give us the ability to build what we wanted to build. Like we didn't have to we didn't have to really think about you know, like I was, I was funding this myself. Let's say that I spent like two hundred thousand on my own money. And at some point we were like, yo, we got to get this thing to the next level. And so COVID had happened and we were in equity crowdfunding. Equit crowdfunding came along and gave me the opportunity to do that. So all right, so you raised ten million, you're trying to raise another seven million.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying I'm raising seven want to raise billion dollars?
Speaker 7: Okay, have you ever why haven't you going to venture capital route or angel or like just what made the crowdfunding situation appealing as opposed to trying to target vcs trying to target angels.
Speaker 6: Maybe you did, I'm not sure, but I think there's two I think there's two major things that affected that decision. First and foremost was racial bias, like the ability for black startups to get funded, right, that was one of the first things.
Speaker 1: And then secondly, we were in COVID.
Speaker 5: Talk about racial bias though, because they might not fully understand.
Speaker 6: So in twenty twenty three, black startups received I think zero point sixty nine percent of funding, right, and that was like so so so low. It was down from like one point five percent all capital. So out of all the capital that VC's investing, they invested almost a little over half of a percent into black founders in all areas. So when you think about that, that's like ninety nine point five percent going to other people that are not black. So the likelihood that you're going to get funded from a VC is so like it's not happening, really, you know what I mean, It's it's very very rare that those things happen. I even had a conversation with a with a good friend of my Chamellionaire, about three or four days ago, and we were talking about the equity crowdfunding around and how the timing is right now because because venture capital actually getting tighter with the purse strings. But something that frustrated him that he related to me is like, you're right about this this you know about this capital. He's like, I've seen he goes I went to, like I can remember what school he went to, and he's like I saw a dude get up on stage of present and say he needed twenty million dollars for a startup, a white kid, and they gave him forty five. Like that imagine is gone into a I'm saying I need forty five million dollars to build my company and somebody just cutting you a check saying here, go do it.
Speaker 1: Like they're not doing that for us, Like we're not getting those looks. That doesn't exist in our world.
Speaker 8: So I mean when people are raised, right, you raise the ten, you're gonna raise the seven, they're seventeen.
Speaker 1: A lot of people will look at well, why do we mean to seventeen?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: They don't understand the capital or pop capital intensive.
Speaker 8: This could be they know scaling, So what is the determined factor when you say this is the number we need to get to.
Speaker 1: Right, you could have said, let's raise twenty seven. Right, was the realistic thing?
Speaker 8: Or was from a scalability to the point, this is where we want to be at this point in our.
Speaker 6: Coupoy So we came up with a three year plan. So up until this point we funded fan base and being able to build a company at a steady pace. But right now we have to wear in scale mode as opposed to startup mode. We're no longer a startup in my opinion. We're trying to scale the company. So to do that, we actually have to build functionality and build faster to keep up with the demands of what users want, especially if we want to capitalize on exactly what's going on with creators and monetization. So, first and foremost, seventeen million was a number because we're valued at one hundred and sixty million dollars. Now, so I first lost the company, we're about at twenty million. Then I did a raise of fifty then I did a raise eighty five million, and now this raise right now is valued at one hundred and sixty million dollars, and so roughly about ten percent of the company is up for investment to the general public on starting Engine dot com slash fan base if you can see this. So so for that reason, we wanted to be able to what I say, accommodate what users want a scale. So there's a lot of things that go into building a startup like this. Stuff is expensive and you guys know, more than anything, and tech is extremely expensive, and so so to scale the company. First thing you want to do is focus on scaling our functionality.
Speaker 1: Our productivity.
Speaker 6: So right now, let's say I have a team of twenty five developers, right we're going to be able to We're going to be able to triple that. So now we'll have seventy five developers. Will double that or triple that. We have seventy five developers that can actually help, you know, build this. And so when I tell people that come to fan Base and say, oh, well, fan Base doesn't have X, y Z or we want this, I'll tell you if you want if you want darkload investing fan Base, if you want care of sales investing fan Base, if you want the same functionality that TikTok ads all these platforms have.
Speaker 1: This raise will give us the ability.
Speaker 6: To catch those platforms without a doubt. Like with the development, I will be able to catch them. But then there's another thing that we want to do is go beyond the innovation that we see that other platforms are doing that they're just not capitalizing on and so they're missing that mark.
Speaker 8: Is there a point in the development process, Because technology does move so fast as you're developing, you have to be almost precise with what you want to do, because if another platform does it, now it's like you're behind the wheel. Now you're the second person that or the third or the fourth uh fan base, I mean the fourth.
Speaker 1: Platform that has something.
Speaker 8: Now it feels like it's old and I have to figure out how to innovate again.
Speaker 1: Is that a like how frustrating does that get?
Speaker 6: That's not really frustrating because honestly, a lot of these platforms, what I've noticed is that they don't innovate the advantage that I think, which is which is so important about what we're building because as a black founded company that's not black only, which is extremely important that I have to say, because the media will try to say, oh, because it's built by somebody black, pie's exclusively for black people, and sometimes you get pigeonholed of that.
Speaker 1: But what I noticed.
Speaker 6: Is that, oh, when I started getting into this space and seeing that my idea is what we had and a lot of the things that we filed like seven eight patents.
Speaker 1: For some of the functionality that we've done.
Speaker 6: So when I saw that, I was like, Oh, it isn't the these guys are smarter any smarter than us. They just got the money but what they do is they put a product out there and say, here, guys, play with it, make this cool stuff cool or you want dms, oh they want, give them that. Oh okay, they want retweets, Give them that. So it's just money. It's not about innovation. We're the ones that come up kids black culture. We're the ones that come up with all these things that people talk about all the time that get put into social media products. We're the ones that bring those into these spaces, but we don't own them. So that's the reason why I was like, Okay, if it's just money, then let's go get the money. And then now we have a company that rivals the tiktoks and Instagrams of the world, at least by functionality. Now execution is one thing, but I don't doubt our ability to do that, but at least we've leveled the playing field from people can make a decisions.
Speaker 7: So seventeen million, what does that do to the landscape of like black startup tech companies? Like is this something that can be used as a landmark? Is how will this change the dynamic for black entrepreneurs that are intact that's trying to raise capitals?
Speaker 6: So from a social media standpoint, it'll be pretty impressive because in tech there are a lot of startups that are founded by black.
Speaker 1: People that often receive funding and they raise lots of money.
Speaker 6: But two of the most important things that I see are the control of the company and the equity of the company. So I can name I'm not gonna name name, but I can name companies where companies start ups to raise one hundred million dollars, but ninety nine percent of the company is owned by institutional investors and then they force.
Speaker 1: The founder out and great.
Speaker 6: You get to walk away and say, Okay, I made twenty thirty million in tech, I'm a tech founder, but you didn't make a dent. My idea with equity, crowdfunding and the way that I decided to do fanmas is I wanted something that I could be intentional about and build and create generational wealth by allowing people to invest, but also people be able to monetize their content. So from the social media standpoint, this is we never been here before. And I talk about this like I was just saying today. If we don't get this right and by means of families, I don't know, we can never have a conversation that we didn't have the opportunity to really take control of an infrastructure and social media.
Speaker 1: And do that because we have it.
Speaker 6: I looked, I've been researching the companies right now in existence. I can only find nine black founded social media apps in existence, and at them all nine, there's only one that is not directly geared towards the black community.
Speaker 1: That's fan base.
Speaker 6: I'm building this as if I'm building something for the entire planning as opposed to that and then on the on the you know, the equity crowd fromding side. This is unprecedented because I'm the first black men to race ten million in the REGCF space, which is a level where we were at before where I raised the ten and it's seventeen. It's something called a reggae plus round, and so that's a whole different level of investment, a whole different level of compliance and stuff that we had.
Speaker 1: To do with the Secso I'm proud to do this. So this is this is unprecedented.
Speaker 6: It should, it should really shape the mold and really and really change the way that people think about how they scale and build their companies because I see often at times people don't have the money to really retain ownership of their company. So I'm trying to retain as much ownership of this. So then down the lot, if we do need to raise let's say three or four dred millionum, Right, there's the equity to be able to do that, but also give people the opportunity to invest. So this is this is a you know, a watership model.
Speaker 8: I say, Yeah, one of the things you talked about was the SEC approval process, and that was really unprecedented. We had a conversation and then like two weeks later was like, I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: It happens so fast.
Speaker 8: Yeah, talk about that because a lot of people number one, probably don't even know what the SEC does and how I guess your work ethic and how the company has been raised prior to that point, how it helped in that prooval process.
Speaker 6: So well, the first thing I'll say is a lot of people that want to raise capital is the way you construct your business.
Speaker 1: Because me doing this, people have.
Speaker 6: Asked me like, okay, cool, just can you look me up with start engine so I can go raise money?
Speaker 1: Like it's just that easy. I'm like, it don't work like that.
Speaker 6: Before I even made it, to start Engine, I had to you know, form my company, I you know, incorporated in Delaware to c Corp. And creating stock and all these things that existed, you know what I'm saying. Then I had to make sure that our accounting was together, and I prepared all this. I filed trademarks for fan Base just before any code was ever written, before I've.
Speaker 1: Even met my CTO.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to prepare the actual business infrastructure of the company because now I'm coming from a place of the music business. I'm coming from a place of learning from the mistakes that my father made. Like, okay, ownership, you got to make sure that that's locked in the beginning. So then now we get to the point where we build the company. We raised his capital and get and get approved by starting Engine to raise and a rex CF and only two percent of people, every color, every race get approved for equity crowd bundy, so it's rare to even be included in that.
Speaker 1: So let alone then be successful with that process.
Speaker 6: So I credit my COO, CTO and our CFO for keeping us really you know, dialed in on.
Speaker 1: How we raise our capital. Because when you try to go for.
Speaker 6: A rex CF round, it's a lot less leaning. Y'all you have to do is a financial review, you know what I'm saying with the SEC to comply. It's not really you know, that complicated. When you're going to reggae, which the difference between REGCF and reggae is, and a reggae and a RECCF and crowdfunding, you can only raise up to five million in the calendar year, right and the most that someone can invest in that route is one hundred thousand dollars at one time. When you go to a reggae, you can raise up to seventy five million in the calendar year, and there is no limit on what someone can invest institutional like a credited investment or not a credited So somebody wants to come along and write a check for ten million and the fan base, they can come and write a check ten million to take you know, two thirds of a round if they wanted to do so. But it's almost like you're going public. It's almost like you're filing to go public. The level of complianceship to you know, go through it's like a three month process. So we did that process with the SEC and an amazing company called crowd Check and our partners at Start.
Speaker 1: Engine, and they were warning us. They were like, hey, look, you know this whole process with the SEC, it takes like six months because every time you submit, they always got some questions. They always want you to do something. And we filed to be able to you know, launch around, and the SEC responded with no objection, which is like, you know, a non review.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, non review. And they were like they were surprised. They're like, scd ain't in a question like y'all can go ahead and launch around and that's just unheard of, and that just speaks to how we've heldled our business.
Speaker 1: Like I'm very you know, I.
Speaker 6: Hate to say that I have this anxiety as a black person entering into a space that is not often accepted by black people. But even one of the things that I do at fan Base is I don't even take a salary, Like I've not paid myself a dime to run fan Base since I lount the company, because it's like, who cares about paying myself one hundred thousand, two hundred thousand dollars if that could go towards development. So I wanted to make sure that everything is available, like even when you go and think, then file for this. All of your company filings have to be public, so you can go on startings dot com and look and then go.
Speaker 1: To the SEC and see all our filings.
Speaker 6: So all our financials, everything has to be open to the public because you have to give them so much visiblity.
Speaker 1: Is so much transparency for around like this.
Speaker 5: So how do you figure about your valuation?
Speaker 7: Because you have said something about I think you your company for one hundred and fifty millions, I'm.
Speaker 1: That under sixty how does that determine?
Speaker 6: So initially before, when you when equity crowdfunding first started, you could just name evaluation right, and they were like And then ironically when I get there, they were like, oh, we have some rules now now you have to actually find companies that are comparable to your product in the marketplace. And then you can say, okay, since this company raised this capital at this valuation, you may do the same. And so the first thing that I saw is we didn't have we never we didn't have audio rooms in fan base. For what I first saw was that with twenty five hundred users, Clubhouse was allowed to raise ten million dollars, had one hundred million dollar evaluation off the rip, so I'm like, okay, well all I need to do is all At this time, I was raised a one million at a twenty million dollar evaluation, so we were well below what was needed. And at that time, fan Base had over ten fifteen thousand users, like so we were straight independent. So without any institutional capital or any crowdfunding capital, we had ten thousand users. We were already generating revenue. No, these apps haven't started a lot of these apps haven't started to do that yet. So when you think about certain startups that out here, you also got to think about your you're a startup, then you're generating revenue, and then you're profitable.
Speaker 1: So there's those are three big differences.
Speaker 6: And so the fact that we were generating revenue, we had already had a certain number of users, and we were able to compare to other other products and the microplanes like Patriotic use Patreon as an example. I used this other, this other app called fan House, which ironically FanHouse got venture capital backed.
Speaker 1: They raised thirty five million, forty million.
Speaker 6: Dollars in a Series A seed round, and they were out of business in eighteen months. But they don't look like me I'm just I'm just I'm saying this for a reason that you know, we have to go above and beyond.
Speaker 1: But they spent that money in.
Speaker 6: Eighteen months and had to and they were acquired by another company, and that company just went and raised forty million dollars and I'm like, it's cool though I know they you know, I already know what I'm up against, but I'm cool with that.
Speaker 1: So as you calculate the amount of users, there's.
Speaker 8: A threshold that you had to because I always say, you talk about billion dollar company, this is a billion dollar company.
Speaker 1: What's the threashold as far as users?
Speaker 8: Because what you said is important, being probable and having revenues important old company.
Speaker 1: We're just all Reddit go public? Right, they lived been probable in nineteen years?
Speaker 8: Yeah, right, which is when you're thinking about it, like, wait, nineteen year, how they But.
Speaker 1: You have all those things.
Speaker 8: So what's the threshold of users revenue that you have to see to say, all right, this is when we reached out.
Speaker 1: A billion dollar evaluation?
Speaker 6: So typically in social media, your valuation is based on total users in the m a year because what would happened before is like let's say a company like Instagram, that you would scale your company because of these companies are based on advertising.
Speaker 1: They would scale it up to enough users where they knew that they could go ahead and then turn on advertising, and then they could try to begin to make the company profitable. So that's the old model.
Speaker 6: The old model was build an app, get a bunch of people on it, and then flip the advertising switch, and then start to make money.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to enter.
Speaker 6: The space that way because I always felt like advertising what I was seeing experiencing in social media is that advertising was actually limiting the way that people could be visible on social and people.
Speaker 1: Care more about being seen than actually making money.
Speaker 6: So the fact that advertising the limits that I didn't want to put the limitation of being a company that ran ads. So it changes the way that we're able to value our company. But we still have users. So right now fan base has a little over almost a little under, about five hundred and ninety five thousand users right with no serious like major marketing push. Again, I talked about all these things that sound like I'm saying them very calmly, but these are all things that just having typically existed. Ever so as we continue to scale, like my goal even with this seventeen million dollar round, is to to scale the coming to a million users by the end of this year. And you know, having you know users like you guys on your creating content like you guys and other people that are joining the platform are going to help.
Speaker 1: Us get there. So that's always also going to increase evaluation. Again, tomorrow, if Cardi b come on fan Base tomorrow should bring a million people. Fan Base is a million dollar company.
Speaker 6: It's like it works like that, Like that's really what users increase the value of a social media platform. Which is scary because I always talk about like, well, so you're telling me that I say all the times you tell me I can invest money in fan Base, then use it and then increase the value of the asset that I own by simply coming to use it. That's like you're literally it should almost be unfair because if I was, and I say this before, I don't understand why people don't understand this. It's like if you're an artist or a musician, or an athlete or an entertainer that knows that you can drive people to where you want to want to be, but you never got a chance to invest in Instagram or TikTok, but you see how much how powerful those companies are. Then fan base is the opportunity for you, no matter what color you are, no matter you know, no matter like your age or whatever. It's an opportunity for you. It's actually an equity and actually a social media platform. So that's what's really going to increase, Like I said, increase our evaluations just.
Speaker 1: How fast we skill uses.
Speaker 6: And it's also the velocity in which it's done. So if it takes me five years to get to a million users, that ain't good. If it takes me five months, that changes everything. It's also the velocity in what you raised. You know, you raise your your yarb.
Speaker 1: You said something about marketing and advertising in a media space.
Speaker 8: We brought this up about some of the difficulties that transpire when trying to find at partners or even having sponsorships or advertising in our media space, but the social media space, especially fan base. What's that process like for you as far as getting people to come on the app to have advertising. So what we have to we have to be careful about how we do that process because advertising is something that I don't necessarily want to add to the platform because we're already in a position that we're generating revenue. The part about advertising is is we got to find ways for it to be unique. We have to find ways for it to be kind of cool that don't interrupt the user experience, right, and so and then advertising again, it's like it's it's tough because I.
Speaker 1: Was watching the Eli interview the other day and.
Speaker 6: I could tell like he he was blaming the fact that advertisers also, you know, are leader, we're leaving X.
Speaker 1: But it's also like the environment in what you curate for users the experience is also advertisers don't want to be on a platform, or there's a bunch of hate speech, you know what I'm saying, racism, pornography, and that's kind of like what X is at this point. So it's kind of hard. And he says, oh, well, you can just you know, you can decide where you want your ass to run. Which is two it's two sides of of of of a problem.
Speaker 6: One, he's admitting that corporations like Facebook can control the visibility.
Speaker 1: That you have in your content.
Speaker 6: The advertiser comes on there says, I don't want any LGBTQ content showing next to my content. Then they can turn the LGBTQ down, or they can turn the black down to run their ads, they can make their money, they can turn it back up. So if you ever see a dip and you're engaging on social media, like well, you'll see this in November.
Speaker 1: Anybody that talks about politics, you're engaged gonna.
Speaker 6: Be a flat lined around November because they're gonna make sure that you have no effect on being able to influence an election anymore. They say, okay, you're not gonna you can post something like zero views is gonna go down, And I see this problem with the creators all the time.
Speaker 1: And so then, but he's also admitting that.
Speaker 6: You get you can pick and choose where your content goes, but you can't necessarily control what the user is going to say. So you can still say I can want my ads, I want my ass to show next to a particular genre, like I want my ass to show next to people that like sports, which it doesn't mean that somebody's not gonna get on there and say something racist or post something foul or whatever or misleading. So advertising is tricky. That's why I don't like it, because also they control your company. The two things that control your company is either when it's public the general public, or your stockholders and your advertisers. If I build a company independent of public stock and advertisers, and I can still generate revenue, then I'm always to control the way that I want my company to be. I can fan base, can be as ethnically centered as possible without any fail you know what I mean. We can do the things if there's things that we want to bring attention to, whatever the cause, whatever the situation is, whatever the time, whatever it is, we can do that because there's no one that can force our hand to say we don't want.
Speaker 1: You participating in this, because we control the pockets.
Speaker 7: So why the model as far as getting money to creators from day one, Why is that so important and it just works?
Speaker 1: How is it going to change the landscape of social media? Well, the first thing I think about is just ruption. So if you're not pissing people off, then you're doing something wrong. So the first thing when I got the kind of the idea to really to even build a company, I knew that this is going to disrupt industries because people are always talking right now about TV and film, music, we're having all these conversations about how these how artists are getting paid enough for streaming, how athletes aren't getting paid like the college players just got nil to be able to do those kinds of things we're seeing.
Speaker 6: You know, movie stars get their TV shows canceled, you know, inserrated rap shits getting getting take off, and now she needs to go independent because she can own her content and all that kind of stuff. So for me, it's like if I don't, if I don't create an environment or an infrastructure where the community can own and monetize from day one, it actually puts no limits because it circumvents all the industries. The fact that you can pick up your phone and subscribe directly to a person changes business for every single person on the playt always say this, there's nobody that's on fan base that is not a business. The business is the business ability to receive revenue or income for a product or service you provide. So for that very reason, by default, every single person on fan base is a business. And so I think that the ability for us to generate revenue from day one, we don't have to figure it out. Their apps out here that have not figured it out that are clubhouses not figured out how to generate revenue. There's a lot of these startups that are in the social media space have not figured out how to make revenue, but going to direct a consumer and allowing the user to decide.
Speaker 1: What they want to pay for. And we're seeing that with younger kids anyway.
Speaker 6: And that's another thing too, is saying like the future is you know I was talking about when you see kys and not Kai is twenty twenty one, twenty two years old. He has about eighty five thousand subscribers making four hundred thousand dollars a month. I can't see that as a human being and not say I could do this as an athlete. I could do this as a musician. I don't have to be a gamer. It doesn't matter. People going going to see the cond of that they want. So it's extremely important that you know, we provide a new way for people to monetize directly consuming to circumvent all these these pillars that that block and rob artists and athletes and movie stars and everybody you know.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's it's pretty evident, right, that's the way we can see if guys are we can see it what the athletes bringing their own platforms right with just Lebron and you the podcast, Now Dreymond comes to mind. What do you think is gonna take for that drastic change for people to say, all right, we're not going to be with the just traditional ways of social media. Something like fan base makes too much sense for us not to be part of.
Speaker 6: I think the first person that And I'm looking at Kai now because again it's it's so it's so interesting to me that he's making more money streaming with subscribers than rappers are making recording an album, putting it out and going and doing shows. Like it's like, you can still do that, but there's still a lifestyle and a personality that's involved every We're all human, so we all have social lives or funny and human or whatever. So to be able to monetize that, I think that it'll shift when someone like him And I've seen this before, Like again, there are these moments that happen that just have me scratching my head, like I can't believe no one is picking up on the fact that Bad Baby made forty million dollars in a year, you know for subscribers. Costano is making four hundred thousand dollars them out of subscribers. That everybody's not dropping a plate of food. Let the plate break and shatter. Say, wait, what did I just hear?
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'm not finna, I'm not finished.
Speaker 6: I'm nothing to do all this extra shit when I can just really create and live and exist on social media and have fun and then and then monetize and still you know, have the same, you know, the same experience.
Speaker 7: So do you think that this will be beneficial for the every average day person, right, because everybody's nott it'll be constantant.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So the average person that has a thousand followers, they're not gonna make a lot of money.
Speaker 5: So why does fan base make sense to them?
Speaker 1: Go first?
Speaker 6: Okay, so I'm going to say this because I'm going to talk about the investment portion real quick. When I first started to on startings and the minimum to invest in fan base was two hundred and forty five dollars, right, the minimum to investment fan base now is three hundred and ninety nine dollars. The minimum to invest starting dot comflash fan base shout out. But what I say is more important that is that there are hundreds no, thousands of users on fan base that have made the money using fan base that they invested in fan base. So it's not about I'm not telling everybody to get on here and think that you're going to be a multimillionaire. But I do believe that most people have enough money to make monthly the ability to pay their rent or you know, to get gas or put food in refrigerator.
Speaker 1: Like we I see people making that amount of money.
Speaker 6: I see a user, you know, make there's a user that's made ten thousand dollars this year that has less than thirty five hundred followers, an extra ten thousand dollars a year, Like the average American's out is forty thousand dollars. You're making a quarter of what you would have to do to get to make the bare metium as a salary in this country just making content. And it's not it's not like you have to sit live and stream all day long. You post content. People subscribing, they make that money. So if I can make somebody, if I can make enough money to put gas in my car just by posting content, I'm with If I'm a young kid, of course I would do that.
Speaker 1: I'm can feed Feed myself.
Speaker 6: I don't have to get it, and then that's just that's like one hundred subscribers again, But if you know, you get five thousand people, five thousand people are a small number of people, and there's six billion people on the planet. For five thousand people paying you two thousand and fifty cents a month, it's twelve thousand, five hundred a month, one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. That's more than ninety seven percent of American to make. And that's just five thousand people. So it's like it's not you know, if we took that down, like I said, we took that down to five hundred people, you're still making fifteen thousand dollars a year. Who who wants to try to extra fifteen thousand dollars a year in America? Like just start making content. It's like it's a no brighter than me.
Speaker 8: We spoke two years ago from you're a person and from all the signs right, people are making money right flunctuates depending on the user, how many people probowers they have, the companies make going and it's probable.
Speaker 1: I asked you the end, so I ask you now mergers and acquisitions is always a part of business. Have the phone's been ringing?
Speaker 8: Even more so as you continue to innovate, as you continue to what I disrupt social media in a sense where you can start revolutionizing.
Speaker 1: They have the phone calls been coming in just for no.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you why, because fan base is a I always say there's two phases to success in building businesses. It's to beat them phase and it's the join them phase. We're still in beat them. They're still sitting back like I'm going to see here really going to raise the.
Speaker 1: Seventeen million dollars and really like change the game and the way that he does. One thing people, One thing that Trump's grace is green is money. And so I and I think I've had the best, like you know, example in someone seeing the way that Tyler Perry built his business.
Speaker 6: At first it was all beat him. They was like, oh well, now we got to join him. You know, at some point in the beginning, there were no deals, but then it was TBS and there was a Lion's Game. There was owned and then it became Netflix and Amazon and now it's like okay, cool, it's BT's like okay, here, so fan base is always until we get the we're going to be in the beat up phase because this is this is majorly disruptive in the way that I say all the time. Again, it's like, I think that this is one of the most pivotal moments in technology, social media and wealth building because we've never been here before. You cannot name a time that there's been a a social media company that's been founded that allows the public to invest. So now anybody without restriction can actually own part of something that they use and then there's no earners.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 9: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square where can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member Fee.
Speaker 3: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 4: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 6: Limit into how fast you know or how big these companies can get. When you're looking at Facebook as a market cap.
Speaker 1: Of two point two trillion dollars, I'm not even thinking about two trillion. I mean, granted, like.
Speaker 6: Cool, I think Facebook is something that's like a one in a lifetime, you know company, But there's still companies. Even if you remove Instagram from Facebook, it's still the three hundred billion dollar company.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If you're looking at TikTok separated from bite dad to still probably one hundred two hundred billion dollar.
Speaker 1: Company've just got every one six. Yeah. So I'm like, do you understand? Like how how okay? So now so think of that.
Speaker 6: So think of now one hundred and sixty billion dollar company that's owned.
Speaker 1: By people that look like us.
Speaker 6: We ain't never been there before. I don't even know who the richest black person on the planet is.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm never like nineteen billion. What's the rich nineteen billion? Who didn't know? Yeah, like nineteen billion. So I'm just saying, like, yo, we never, we never. And my point is.
Speaker 6: For us to to really build and make and transform wealth not only is it.
Speaker 1: And my goal is not to be worth more than nineteen billion.
Speaker 6: My goal is to create ten or fifteen other people that are worth are multi billionaires.
Speaker 1: Because technology is the fastest way.
Speaker 6: I heard Robert and Smith say this. He's like technology is a fastest way to do a wealth in this texture, It's like all these eight of the top ten richest people on the planet are in technology Oracle, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Facebook, and Elon with Tesla and acts like it's like, yo, those are all the people only people from Bernard Orna is the number one guy and he owned every other brand in existence, and you know, and then Berkshire Hathaway.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. But it's technology.
Speaker 6: So we're in a We're in an unprecedented amount of time a time because ownership and equity in these in these tech companies. These are companies that can be worth one hundred billion, you know, like one hundred billion dollars, one hundred and sixty billion dollars. It's totally achievable. We've never been there before. And I think, you know, I think we have the the the unique opportunity to gain I was telling I was telling people here today, I was like, Yo, we get this wrong.
Speaker 1: You can't don't blame.
Speaker 6: Me because it's literally here for us to take advantage of. And that's why, you know, the rays that we're doing was so important because it gives there's no excuses. Once I raise seventeen million dollars. I give everybody everything that they want. I give every If you want certain songs, you want, certain functionalities, you want, certain features you want, I can give you that in a year, Like by the end of the year, I can give you most of the things that you want, and then we get to do the things that I want to do. There's some of the things that I talk about, like we just launched branded audio on web and I was like, no one's doing that, And that's what I'm saying, like, man, if they're not doing this, there's so many other ideas that are available that we can do. So I'm like, again, they're gonna be in beta phase until they say, okay, now we got to go invest in them, because obviously he's going to keep going.
Speaker 7: So so let me ask you this, how what's the path to profitability? Like how do you make money in the long term even for investors right to know like, Okay, I'm investing in this company and then essentially they're going to be profitable or so on, go public because you say you don't like advertisers, So the subscription based model, that's the only way that you're going to plan and make money.
Speaker 6: No, that's not the only way. There's not there's I can't. I can't tell you every other way we're going to make money because there are other things there. There's there's layers on top of layers that are built in ways that you get you can do this, But I'm keeping those a secret because again, nobody thinks of this stuff.
Speaker 1: So it's like, okay, cool.
Speaker 6: To explain to people that invest in aguity, crowdfunding and startups this way. You're investing in a period of time where you know ninety nine percent of the general public never gets this opportunity because these opportunities have been available to.
Speaker 1: Accredited investors for so long.
Speaker 6: And I talk about that that's so important because that is say that has nothing to do with the race at that point, Like the credit industry rule has been in effect since nineteen thirty three, and so up until twenty fifteen, you know, eighty eighty three years or however long it was, you couldn't invest. So now, when you're investing in seed stage companies, you ride the lacke of the company. So I say, you're with us to the moon or to the ground, right, And it's a risk neier investment. But the differences with retail investors and equity crowdfunding is with institutional investors, they will require these minimums like you need to put ten thousand and fifty thousand in to invest right.
Speaker 1: And everybody can have ten thousand and fifty thousand dollars, but four ninety nine.
Speaker 6: People don't spend four ninety nine at Mastros or some steakhouse or at the strip club or whatever it is. And that might spend four ninety nine like two or three times this month. Do you understand what I'm saying? Because people are say like, okay, what people don't really have money, Like the black community spends two point two trillion dollars a year on shit. You're telling me that we you can't take a weekend off and say, look, I'm not going to spend four ninety nine on this fresh fit and you know, and taking some girl to dinner or whatever, buy whatever we buy and say just this one, this one moment, I'm gonna throw some money in here, in this in this startup, and I'm gonna forget about it. And what happens is you ride with us to what it's called a liquidity event.
Speaker 1: So how people exit companies.
Speaker 6: So when you hear these conversations about these entertainers, celebrities, people that are investing in startups. When when William was talking about how he was in Beats and here he was an investor in Beats and then he got paid when they sold to Apple. So that's the same way. It's either an acquisition or you go public. So when you hear people like okay, coinbase goes public whatever, then they cash out their shares. So those are the two eventualities for fan bases. Either going public, which is like okay, cool, we go public. We're putting a portion of the company available for the general public for retail and retail investment to investment, but that's way after the fact. That's a that's after we've already done. We already got to a billion dollar valuation. It's like, cool, you're gonna you're gonna see that return of your investment, but it's gonna be way slower than and these these high risk investments that don't require a lot of capital, or someone that is not you know, I guess a too big of a competitor will come along and purchase us, like outside of what's going on, because I know Facebook is not in Facebook wouldn't purchase us because the've already already are already on the head for trying to buy too much stuff anyway, So someone would be like, all right, cool, We're gonna come along and purchase fan base, and then everybody cashes out and walks.
Speaker 1: Off into the sunset with a bag.
Speaker 8: You know, are you finding that because I would imagine that a lot of the people who are using crowd card or using it for the first time, are you finding yourself having to go through an education process for some of the investors or are people because of the time and obviously the financial revolution that's happened, they're coming here with a different knowledge.
Speaker 6: Base when coming to no You know, the irony in that is that most people, I always say, politics and finance. You guys probably know this more than anything.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 6: When you guys start talking about some of the stuff you're talking about, ninety nine of a sudden of the people get intimidated and just turn off. You really have it's your responsibility to learn where you guys learn just as much as anything, Just as much as I learned about tech and and and investing in startups. It's your job to educate yourself on those things. And the same thing in politics, people feel like they're you're talking over their heads, so they don't want to They don't want to look stupid. They don't feel like, I don't know what the hell you're talking about, so they kind of act like they do there not in the head, like yeah, you know, I'm diverse and five, I got a portfolio. Don't know what none of that shit, queen like none of it, you know what I'm saying. So for me, I'm I'm I overshare the information because I feel like we need to know.
Speaker 1: And the way that I communicate is definitely.
Speaker 6: Something that I feel like everybody can understand when I when I use you know, when I like when I say you'll go, you'll go buy some some crazy tennis shoes, but you can spend that and actually have equity ownership in the company and explain how the process works and how you actually you know, you actually grow with the startup.
Speaker 1: All this stuff is new, So I don't.
Speaker 6: Mind sharing that information to people so that they're it's more than transparent, it's educational. I love putting us on I love telling people like, yo, this is the way to go this is how we do this, because not only for what fan base does, but for anybody that wants to fund their businesses. I've shared, I've recommend it now. I think five four or five companies to start engine. I think three of them gone to raising millions, raising million plus dollars. The other ones kind of almost met their goals. They didn't, but it's still me putting people in position to actually accomplish their dreams when they couldn't go get institutional capital.
Speaker 7: So as far as challenges, like, what are some challenges or threats into space fear.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean the first challenge is actually and I gotta I gotta say this again because I'm learning, I learned this process and I'm actually sharing the information that I'm just learning now. So when you when you apply for reggae reggae crowdfunding, they're different rules. So the REGCF space is a lot more lenient. So when I did the REXCF, when I raised at Timmy and in the REXCF, I could go on.
Speaker 1: Radio, I could go on TV. I could just say whatever I wanted to say and do what I wanted to do. When you move up to the REGA.
Speaker 6: Space, you are prohibited from going on live television, so any lock So I could never go on seeing it in Bloomberg or whatever, or live radio and promoting a raise.
Speaker 1: You can't do that. You can only promote the raise where there's a clickable link to.
Speaker 6: The rais and a clickable link to that filing that I say, that's a disclosure of all the stuff that you did.
Speaker 1: So that makes it very very hard.
Speaker 6: I'm fortunate to be able to be on a program like this or this is on the internet and on the web right, But the thing that makes that so difficult is like those rules I'm from nineteen ninety five, Like the equity crowdfundy came on in twenty fifteen, and I'm still having to bude by rules that were.
Speaker 1: From nineteen ninety five. So hopefully the SEC see some way to.
Speaker 6: Change that, because it's really hard to raise this type of capital without being able to have other ways other than just knowing people or spending an enormous amount of money creating ads and marketing. I could go run ads on Facebook and Instagram, but a lot of times you spend two hundred thousand dollars for every million that you're raised, So even I would still spend spending a million dollars just to raise the money that I need and running ads and that doesn't help. So I'm being as shrewd as I can and efficient as I can and doing this. That's the biggest challenges is how we navigate this new level of crowdfunding to be able.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 6: Other than that, I think we have to prepare for the things that we don't know. The other I think I don't. I always know that they're challenges, but I don't look at them as challenges. I just look at them as puzzles that I have to solve, or things that I have to learn, or obstacles that you have to overcome. It's not like it's not like I'm stuck. I believe that capital again, I comfantly believe that capital is probably the biggest hurdle to most anyone building their businesses. We have, but we don't have We don't have problem creating great ideas. There's great ideas and all types of companies that create and get created every day. We don't have issues with that. It's how we scale these business It's the ability to take capital and then scale your business to the next level. I know people that have phenomenal businesses, but it's the access to capital how we scale those business that's the biggest challenges.
Speaker 1: The money. So as you're scaling, you got to build a team.
Speaker 8: Yeah, right, So to talk about that process because not only are you the founder and CEO of it, but you're also making sure that everything here is running smoothly. You got to have a process and in the innovation too, So how do you how are you balancing all these roles with us?
Speaker 6: So well, you have to kind of like delegate. You have to actually delegate responsibility. So I've done a lot of delegating responsibility my my CTO COO Romero Cannabis, brilliant guy Silvanna, who is our finance director, who's our terim CFO, and then underneath them, they're building teams.
Speaker 1: So it's my job. Like I'm a visionary. I accept my role as a visionary.
Speaker 6: I'm the big idea is that you know overall general direction of what Families is going to do, But I trust the people that I've brought on board to handle those fine details. But I also educate myself on that process, especially the way that we did it through equity crowdfulding. I say this all the time thereculary crowdfundling. I know more about my business than most people do because I got to know the finances.
Speaker 1: I got to know the corporate structure.
Speaker 6: I got to know the taxes and the legal I got to know all these sec rules and regulations and all these things that most people never think about. They just go get money from some investor and they'll realize they're screwed up or what they own. So this raise is also going to help us actually attract more talent. I think, you know, we need we need to be able to hire people that are worth two hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year of salary, Like we need to be able to hire people that. We need to be able to hire people that really no marketing and no advertising and no different forms of development.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. It's not like, you know, we I think the team can build anything.
Speaker 6: But it doesn't hurt to be able to say, oh, you're the guy that builds algorithms on TikTok or used to work there, Yeah, come over here and build ours, you know, and we can we'll be able to actually get talent that competes in all these other companies to be able to do that, And that's the most important thing.
Speaker 1: I think people know. We always say I always say people you know, they.
Speaker 6: Say, well do you have you know, well what about the algorithm or what about And I'm like, yo, like you don't understand how much all this costs so and able to do that.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm not some guy that can go get forty five million bucks and buy Ferrari and say I'm a tech founder and not do anything with it. Like I would spend that money very meticulously. And I again, I know I being in Atlanta also stretches our paper crazy because we're not in San Francisco, where you know, you got to pay people two hundred fifty thousand dollar salaries just a walking there. The real estate so crazy expensive, and I'm isolated. I like the fact that I'm here. I like that I'm underestimated. So I get to build a team that that no one thinks is you know, is going to do that. But they have to respect the technology. There's nobody that there's nobody even when I even when I caught off, even when I got off the phone with Chamelionaire, he was like, and I gave him some of the things, the other things that we're working on behind the scenes. He goes, He goes, this doesn't look like you've raised ten million dollars. You know, this is like you raised forty I said, I know. I said, that's why I like, don't get I said, you gave me forty million dollars. You know what I would do with forty million dollars, man, I wouldn't. There's nothing you know, I'm not. I'm so I'm so serious about this, And my tongue doesn't change, my energy doesn't change, my commitment to this doesn't change.
Speaker 1: I really love this, So I don't mind missing out on going to all the cool stuff.
Speaker 6: This is what I do every day all day because I know how important it is for the opportunity for us to put ourselves in position with generational wealth and monoculization.
Speaker 1: So I take it super serious.
Speaker 7: So like for social media, you know, engagement, that's like a big thing as far as you know, driving and putting you in the algorithm.
Speaker 1: So just social media landscape, talk about engagement, like where did that even come from? How is that game rigged? How the whole engagement play and then how does your platform relate to that when it comes to engagement.
Speaker 6: So so typically so social media was really based off following, right, followers. When you think of my space, you think of Facebook or friends, you know, stuff like that. And that was when we were in a time where social media was so much more personal. And I think we're forgetting that this is a young person's game. And so I was laughing the other day. I was like, honestly, I was talking about we were talking about freaking it and how like for the generation of people that got on Facebook in two thousand and four, Facebook turns twenty this year, right, So when people got on Facebook in two thousand and four, it's probably the first place where you can digitally say in your photos. So for anybody on Facebook from two thousand and nine to two thousand and ten, it's basically a photo album for you. Now it's like where your oldest girlfriends are, all the stuff you did.
Speaker 1: In college, all that kind of stuff is there.
Speaker 6: And there wasn't so much about engagement as we moved into the as video entered into social media, it's views, right, it's in those views scale you're following. But what happens with advertising is that now that you add video to social media. And again I'm saying the quiet part out loud. It's just simply think of this. Every single person that's on social media that can put video on their page.
Speaker 1: You are a television network.
Speaker 6: So for that very reason, however you measure or monetize advertising with television, you can monitor and measure advertising on social media. So if you have seventeen or eighteen million followers on social media right now, you have the monetary equivalent of Sunday Night Football on NBC, you have that visibility. If you got one hundred million followers, right, you have, you have the advertising equivalent of the Super Bowl. Right So Facebook knows that and the advertisers know that, and so if there was no there was no limit on engagement, then they would bypass these companies and come directly to people to say, hey.
Speaker 1: Why you're doing this thing you're doing on your page whatever it is, and one hundred million people can see you. We're seventeen million people who.
Speaker 6: Do that, hold this can for us and say hey, by the way, go buy this. And that's advertising to seventeen million people. And the difference is these programs come on one time a week, once a year, right, but imagine being able to reach seventeen million people twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. That's the quiet part out now that I al was saying, people are putting that portion together. It's like we're all moving. Social media is television now, we are. Our behaviors changed. So with fan base, I want to say, following is dead, engagement is the new is the new King of the hill, right, it's the people want to be seen, and so.
Speaker 1: I would I would.
Speaker 6: I would much rather have a million people see my video and have ten thousand followers, and have a million followers that have ten thousand people see my video, which is happening now, which more people are like Yo, I got fifteen million followers, and every time I supposed a video, I get eighty six thousand views. I'll want to foot it. You know what I'm saying. I want people to have one point five million, one point five million views and have eighty six thousand followers, because I'm not showing We don't show people content based on who follows you. We show content based on the things that you like, plus and follows you. So your following is already gained.
Speaker 7: Isn't that already how social media works. No, it's based off off of what they think you would interact with.
Speaker 1: But no, but it's it is. It's based off it's based off the algorithm. And yet with the algorithm thinks that you're gonna interact with it.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, but again it's still limited, like just by default. Anybody watching this program right now, right, anybody watching this program right now, go to your page and when you look at tap of somebody's profile on Instagram and say in notifications, when you want to see lives and see what it's saying, they'll say if you want to get notified some of the time, all.
Speaker 1: The time, or never, it's already set the sum.
Speaker 6: So that mean every time somebody you follow goes live, they're not notifying everybody that goes live by default. They're suppressing your content by default because again they have to limit your visibility. These platforms are in competition with users. They can't let you. You can go to look at anybody's you can go look at anybody's reals videos, go look at somebody who you follows following versus the amount of people that see their content. Now, granted, everybody's not on social media at twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. But still over the course of a month, if I have one point five million follows, people are tapping in. Even if I have you know, I get seven hundred and fifty thousand views or whatever based off that, but you're not seeing that. You're seeing people like Cardi b with one hundred plus million followers.
Speaker 1: Get two million, million, six million views.
Speaker 6: So you already know the people that want to see her content aren't seeing her content because that's her. Imagine being able to reach a hundred million people saying and go buy my album and go buy my solid.
Speaker 1: That's see, that's the future.
Speaker 6: The problem is the albatross of advertising that TikTok and Instagram are tied into. They just can't turn off the advertising switch and go to the monetization switch because ninety five percent of the income that is made of Facebook comes from advertising. TikTok enormous amount of money that TikTok made some advertising, so they're still going to have to play that game, right, there is no game when it's like, okay.
Speaker 1: We work off a rev share model.
Speaker 6: You have a following, you monetize a certain percentage of those subscribers, we get a percentage of that revenue. Now take that and multiply that times not one hundred million people, but five hundred million people or a billion people. And then now you say, okay, you got a trillion dollar company.
Speaker 8: So in terms of importance and metrics, you said that engagement probably never one off as mine.
Speaker 1: Sir. Yeah, yeah, I mean I think aagement is definitely what it's what it's what users want. I want to free that because that's what people want to experience.
Speaker 8: So like on Instagram there is impressed, and even on YouTube to a certain staid, there's impression as is reached.
Speaker 1: How do those metrics go inside? How do they work inside of fan base? Right?
Speaker 8: Are those equally as important or is it just its engagement? It's huge, it's it's sore.
Speaker 1: When so again, when you're talking about impressions, that that's another way that you actually calculate, like CPM and like the costs of in average, like all those things are done. See, all those metrics are based off how you advertise. If advertising is not the language that you're speaking, then you're not even we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna monetor and see all of that data. So because I would never say never for advertising even I'll say this right now, I would never say that fan base is never going to be a platform that that has advertising. If we do, I'm going to find it in a way that doesn't interrupt the user experience. That's all I care about.
Speaker 6: I don't want to interrupt someone being Again, I get tagged in ten posts a day of some creators saying, man, I'm about to leave because I post all this content and nothing ever gets seen this. And this is before they even got to the fact that their content, that people's content has value. This before they even made a dollar. You got people wanted to play social media because they're not getting enough views. Forget about I gotta take now. I gotta take these views to get to the money. I'm saying, skip that whole little cat and mouse game and just go now. Now, this is this is the question that I asked when we on board creators. We have creators come to the platform, they have large followings, and I said, Okay, I gotta ask you. I said, I'm gonna ask you a question. Do you want to be rich, you wanna be famous, or you want to be both?
Speaker 1: Right? If you want to be famous, stay overrow on Instagram. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If you want to be rich, then start charging for your content the moment that you created, like create an exclusive paywall, don't If you want to be both, fab is probably where you want to be because there's no there's no limit to the amount of of reach you're going to be able to have and there's no limits to the amount of monetization that you're going to be able to make.
Speaker 1: How many users do you have right now? Five hundred and ninety five thousand, So how many users do you need to play Unicorn status?
Speaker 6: It depends on the speed. So if I lo from five, so so i'll give I'll give you privately. Example, when in the pandemic and it's still it's still a rare thing, will in clubhouse in about four or five months, they went from five thousand users to a million users in like five or six months.
Speaker 1: They that's when they went out and raise one hundred million out of billion out of evaluation because then because they got to a million users in like five or six months, So that velocity creating that you know, and then it's also what people are actually then here's another thing is also what what the market is willing to pay, right, So it's also what institutional investors are willing to pay.
Speaker 6: If there's full of all that happens, right, and again, it's beat them until it's join them. So when so when institutional investors give fom like, okay, this trains left the station. We better get on board before we get left behind. Then they set your valuation, so there's no difference between. But there's no different between fan base and clubhouse that was styled of with institutional capital. There's a company that says we're giving you money, that we're giving you one hundred million dollars to say that your company's worth a billion dollars. Then they went on to raise another two hundred million at a four billion dollar evaluation. That is incredible to me. And they still not figured out how to monetize over there. So again I'm thinking like, okay, cool. So it's a velocity in which you get there. So again, our goals is to get to a million users by the end of twenty twenty four. We can get there faster, we get maybe we get to two three million users. That changes because now just by numbers alone, there's a monetary.
Speaker 1: Value that if we wanted to go to advertising route, there's a value that fan Base has just based off the users. So how are you tracking success at fan base right?
Speaker 8: Because I know when we watch the reports that comes from Meta, the number one message they're looking at is monthly users. They're watching daily average Dailly users. If that number it doesn't come in as expected, we want to see a pullback. Right, How would you what metric are you guys using to measure success? I guess on a daily is it Is it the same process for you?
Speaker 1: It's it's it's m au it's.
Speaker 6: But it's also our ability to kind of like fine tune our model. Like this model of monetization that I think is is so new that people don't understand that it's available for anybody to use. But I measure our success on our ability to build our products, remain well within our budget and just continue to grow. Because once you start building a community, and somebody that I even I was always afraid about this and never really thought about it like this, But once you start to build a community, you don't stop. Your community is going to continue to grow as long as like even at the page that fan base is like, right now, we're growing, and then we have we have spurts, we have people come on and maybe we might get twenty five thousand years out of nowhere because somebody makes a mistake or I don't know what happens if TikTok goes away, you know what I'm saying. That's the reason why like this, some of this functionality that we created is like, all right, cool, well let's make sure we're prepared. We got the arc ready for the TikTok wave if they have to come over here while they figure out what's going on over there.
Speaker 1: So I measure our success by our ability to.
Speaker 6: Effectively execute our revenue model and then continue to keep people on the platform. Now, one thing I say about fan base, because we do have audio that makes us a little bit unique is that audio and I talk about the audio creator space, and I think that's something that people are missing out on, and I think people want to tap into more because it only requires one of your senses. Things that require less of your attention but still can keep you engaged. You're also things that I think that's why I think podcasts are so good.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I think audiobooks are so good because like I can drive and listen to an audiobook or stuff like that. So I measured that also by retention. So people are spending forty five minutes. At one point, people were spending like an hour and a half a day off ABI And I mean you go, you'll go to websites and you'll go to current websites.
Speaker 1: And people who spend in four minutes on Nike, you dot com, like you know, four minutes on TMZ, seven minutes looking at the articles or whatever. When you can hold when you can keep again for advertising, When I can keep you on the platform for hour and a half forty five minutes a day, we're up there with you. That's that's YouTube stickiness. It's watched on Yeah.
Speaker 7: So all right, my brother, I'm gonna let you close it out with this. What in ten years from now right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Where do you see yourself?
Speaker 1: Where do you see fan base?
Speaker 5: And where do you see they create an economy?
Speaker 6: Okay, where I see Where do I see myself? I see myself probably if I'm going to be, if if I'm what I think about, how I speak about affirmative I see myself as a successful Uh, tech found of that has founded multiple startups, that owns some sports franchise that's in Atlanta that needs to win a championship. I don't know which, but we need, you know, the Hawks need to tie I like basketball.
Speaker 1: We need we need a chip.
Speaker 6: So I would say I see myself as a multi billionaire startup founder that owns the Atlanta Hawks, that will do whatever it takes to bring a chip to the city. I see fan Base as a multi billion dollar company just coming out of an acquisition or going public on the stock market and cashing out for all the investors. And I think the creator economy is going to be a trillion dollar business because I just I just I think that everything is going to go from the director person. I think there's nothing there's like, you know, like I saw Lee or Corn talk about talk today about how you know the the music the music. Music streaming is going to go from you know, six hundred million users to a billion users by twenty thirty, just in music streaming alone. So as we get younger and kids that are so used to living their lives in a digital space are going to do digital transactions. They're going to communicate virtually through the Internet. I just don't see a world where people are using credit cards to subscribe. I don't see I see a world where people are using their their apps to acquire content and things that they want, but in like such a fast pace and a real time that you know, there's no there's no limits to what people can do. I just it's pretty scary because again I just think about the opportunity that's there. But I but I'm optimistic about it because there's no there's no limits, Like there's nothing stopping anybody right now, like what with what what fan base is right now? There's nothing stopping anybody to say, cool, come here, hit this button, a screen pops up, hit subscribe and you get paid from anybody that can. That's in one hundred and ninety plus countries and territories. The fan bases in on Irish are Android and actually making money. That's scary because I don't When I I saw this thing on Nvidio on the jobs, the n video uh roll out with the robots and all.
Speaker 1: The chips and stuff they built with the black blob. Yeah, bro, I was saying, well there goes your job. He said something.
Speaker 6: I was like, that's they are them jobs is gone, he said, I can't.
Speaker 1: He said something that the chip does.
Speaker 6: I was like, Oh, they that whole that whole sector is gone like it like like complete sectors of the industry that are wiped out. And we're seeing we're already getting we're seeing massive layoffs and all these tech companies already and the music business and TV and film like those three sectors they're laying.
Speaker 1: People off already.
Speaker 6: So ten years Oh yeah, hey, I gonna be if you know, if you don't have your own director consumer Clayton, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know who will be working with who, I don't know what.
Speaker 6: But my suggestion is, as I always say, start monetizing your content in some way because at least you'll be ahead of the curve. I know people want to be famous, I know people want to be seen, but you also got to understand that all this energy that we put into the stuff that we do has value.
Speaker 1: Monetize it. And you can do that on fan base And so what's the website that what's that?
Speaker 6: Oh start engine dot com slash fan base to invest again. I'm going to tell you guys, like I don't this is probably one of the most pivotal times in technology and.
Speaker 1: Social media that I've ever seen.
Speaker 6: Because we're right here and I'm specifically speaking to black culture, right if I had that, you know, if I was like if I if I'm here and I'm having that conversation with black culture, I'm telling you that we you know, we make all these platforms have their value. Like we give these platforms the things that make them cool.
Speaker 1: If you listen to.
Speaker 6: You cannot market and promote anything as being cool without the assistance of black culture.
Speaker 1: So somebody wears it.
Speaker 6: If somebody does it, it becomes the thing that everybody wants and everybody buys. And there's a value to that that there's no infrastructure underneath it, there's no foundation as opposed to being the oil, which I always feel like Black culture has always been the oil to corporate America's infrastructure. So I was like, Okay, we're the record label, but you all the salts and all the dances and all that, y'all pump this through this, but we don't want y'all to own the well. And that's my whole thing is about, is like we have to own infrastructure. We're not building infrastructure. I think we're always going to be playing this game of where we want to be respected and we want our seat at the table and all that kind of stuff. And I'm like, yo, I'm I'm right along with Tyler Perry. I'm building my own tech table. I'm not trying to be out of San Francisco and I'm not trying to do any of that. I'm trying to give everybody an opportunity to own and be equitable and have that. So again, go to start engine dot com slash fan base to invest the minimum to invest it's three ninety nine.
Speaker 1: We're raising seventeen million. I say this number all the.
Speaker 6: Time because the average investment that we get that we that we've been getting in this race. We've already raised three hundred thousand. So we've already just started like a week week and a half ago. We've alread raised a right in one thousand. And what's more important about that is how fast we raise the capital. I don't doubt the ability that we'll raise seventeen million dollars, But is it gonna take me a year, or is it gonna take me two months, or it's gonna need two years. It's gonna take me you two months, if I raise money in two months, then we off to the races. And that's the velocity. So the opportunity to be able to do that, so you know, awning part of this going to start engine and then being able to scale this business and and and really take advantage of what's going on.
Speaker 1: We have we have to do this. I'm looking like, yo, if.
Speaker 6: We don't do this, don't blame me, because you know, I think we I think I've done more than enough to say that we can do it?
Speaker 1: Can you having my brother appreciation you as always? Thank you guy, may show that you download the fan base app. Yeah, Mari and Donald shout out in best bet ata all right for sure? Yeah sure yeah.
Speaker 3: Bob an illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump. Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 1: Will be protected.
Speaker 4: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,