Speaker 1: There was a thing where someone was isolating how Trump kept saying tesla tesla. Was he saying everything's computer wow? And this is so nice. Everything is computer tesl Wow. It reminds me of I Love Testler Plan that's from the list.
Speaker 2: So this is one of those acts that doesn't make any sense to me, Like Boston makes sense to me because it's just lazy. It's like, instead of ours are hard to say, so you just say pack instead of park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are less.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're are less and that makes sense because like, are you know, it's just easier your mouth is doing less.
Speaker 1: Word was going to say. I was like, and Robert wool the way these motherfuckers are r less.
Speaker 2: But adding an R to the end of tesla is so much extra work, yeah, because it's just not.
Speaker 1: Sodar in my tesla. It's like, but that's where I think. Those are the connections from British English that carried over because they do that in the UK too well. But most of Britain is artless, Like but you go to like the West Country and they start adding ours to stuff.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, make up your mind about ours. New York and England fucking.
Speaker 1: Reminds me of like, yeah, I was gonna say it reminds me of a guy woman, a woman named Magda. But the guy was like mag Well I started doing that. This guy had a New York accent and he had a check wife called Magda. But I stily just turned into Magdar Magdor. I like Tesler. I love Tesler. There's your cold fucking open, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're not that we never left. Hello the Internet and welcome. It was a seventeen minute uh cold open.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My name is Jack O'Brien. That over there is Miles Gray. Did I say Hello the Internet and welcome to this episode Early's Guys. Yeah, Yeah, it's Saint Patti's day. My Hi, you did doing a tip of the cop and the top of the iron and top of the top of the top of the morning.
Speaker 1: It's your time to shine Jack Saint Patrick's day. Ah, and I'm Jack Trick's day.
Speaker 2: I have an extra little twinkle in my eye because I'm drunk this morning.
Speaker 1: No happy, happy Saint.
Speaker 2: Patrick's It is really always I realize that Saint Patrick's Day the morning of Saint Patrick's Day, and then have to like dig through my kid's closet for like something that's even vaguely green.
Speaker 1: We do not have any green. It's my favorite color. I don't have green clothes my kids.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing a T shirt that like is moth bitten, Like the collar is like coming apart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just because it's green and you got a green hat on. I don't get o bro. Yeah, yeah, it's a kink. So this is also a time for me to really shine when I when I pull up it all black everywhere. Yeah. But today this morning, we also had the same realization because, like you know, we record the show early. So I was working on the show and her Majesty goes to drop off the kid at daycare. They get the text. Oh right, today's Saint Patrick's text. I got it. I was like, his pants are kind of irish. They were made of like flannel, like just the pattern. Yeah, kind of traditional, but yeah, I forget that. Like as a kid, it's like, yeah, dude, you fucking we better pull up in all green, bro, where's your green?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yah? And Jesse, if y'all pinch my two year old, it's fucking ugly leave him alone.
Speaker 2: Very pinchable cheeks too, So it's it's not easy, but you are demanded, you are asked not to not to pinch house this two year old. Yeah, future HR imploy Like people who work in HR are the ones who are running around middle schools.
Speaker 1: You're like, where's your green?
Speaker 2: Are you wearing green?
Speaker 1: And it's St Patrick's Day? Now I get to pinch you or deny you benefits, whichever it is down the road for me.
Speaker 2: All right, this is the episode where we tell you what was trend to go over the weekend and a little bit about us by telling you something we think is underrated, something we think is overrated.
Speaker 1: Miles, you want to kick us off? What do you want to do? Underrated? Overrated? Let's go under. Let's go under. Underrated swing sets? Yes, or just sucking a fucking swings, y'all. This is sentimental music. Yes, the swing set is. I fucking sleep on the swing set so much. But now, guys, child is full grown playground age. Play on the playground, swing on the monkey bars, swing on the swing set, and more often than not, I find myself like, I'm like, all right, he's chilling over there and I'm kind of laying leaning on the swing. Yeah, I just started. I'm like, okay, I got my eye legs and I start swinging on that ship. Next thing I know, there is a line behind me of children who want to use the swing.
Speaker 2: Okay, first of all, it's because you're like taking so long, But second of all, it's because of how much you're enjoying it. That is a communicable disease. They're like, God damn, they're like that guy's fucking flying over there. That washed old motherfucker likes that hold on forty something. Guy is saying, maybe I should try that.
Speaker 1: As a four year old on a playground waiting my turn, something I hate so oh, thank you, thank you. It's just like wild, It's just so liberating. And I was like, damn is it because like this is sort of like our earliest sensation of like flight, and it's like soothing as kids. And then I started looking into it too. It like stimulates our inner ear on three axes, vertical, horizontal, and diagonally, and there's a sensation in your inner ear that you're also experiencing. That is like kind of part of it, and that kind of stip simulation. We don't get that all the time. And then I got deeper and motherfuckers are drawing a line, because that is our evolutionary pipeline back to primate swinging. That that was the last time we were regularly getting that kind of stimulation in the inner ear. So there is like this evolutionary thing potentially. I'm a little bit hesitant on that, and it's probably true because god damn, I fucking love the fucking swing and it's so peeling. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just had as a child every day, and then not until I was, like, know, thirty five and had a kid that I was like hanging out on the playground exactly like you said, Bean and back on it, and I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: Would happen if I lifted my legs up? Whoa, Oh, whoa, who's this? This is just as fun as it was when I was a kid. Yeah, there's something. They're so fun. There's something here. Yeah. So I recommend, you know, if there's an empty playground or fuck it, you know, just do it, wait in line like everybody else, and use the swing set.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, all right, great underrated Miles. I fully agree. Everybody go go swing. You know, there's all these like adult like dodgeball leagues and stuff. I don't know, I've not gotten into the adult dodgeball leagues. But that's like not a it's not a sense memory that I have from childhood, like other than like getting beaned by top balls and being like bad at it. But swinging, just just do one swing, just stand back, let it go there. You can't do one, you can't do just one. Hell yeah, it's like the Pringles. Yeah, all right. Mine is a kind of inexplicable and very specific type casting. I talk a lot about type cat like just you know, there's a certain type of type casting where the person clearly just thinks they look good doing a thing, and so they like always do that thing over and over. Movies like the John Cusack knows he looks good in the rain, and so his character always find themselves. Tom Cruise thinks he looks good running. Yeah, his characters always seem to have to run around. The Tom Hanks one is probably the most inexplicable in this area because he it doesn't make sense that he thinks he looks good peeing, but he but he loves his characters like it's clearly coming from the actor being like, I don't know what just a note here, Robert zamachis what if Forrest said he had to go pee it.
Speaker 1: No, there was like okay, yeah, I mean panther scene, So I gotta get one somewhere.
Speaker 2: I gotta be somewhere. What he had multiple times in this movie, uh probably did.
Speaker 1: The director's cut is actually just every every historical person he meets, I have to be the speech at the fucking reflecting pool.
Speaker 2: Preestcene ends with him and being like, and I gotta go fee. That's what he's just running because he's looking for a bathroom. Uh. But so then they're the ones that clearly aren't the actor's idea. We've mentioned James Marsden and Jason Clark being like two actors who just always like seem to get cooked or like at least had to run, Like James Marsden had to run in the aughts where he was just you know, getting cooked by Superman, getting cooked by Wolverine. Starred in straw Dogs, a remake of this like horrifying movie that is uh yeah like that.
Speaker 1: It's just there's a lot of that in his career.
Speaker 2: Jason Clark, similarly, the blank Check Pot cast has pointed out that he is also somebody who just always seems there's something about Hollywood that looks at these guys and they're like, man, I could fuck that guy's wife. I kind of should, right, he's perfect. And then all right, so there's a weird one and it's not. There's only two instances, but it's so specific. On HBO right now, are you watching the third season of A White Lotus?
Speaker 1: Finished the first episode, but we are. We're in the process of it.
Speaker 2: So Walton Goggins, himself a tremendous tooth actor, keeps being cast as someone with a younger girlfriend who has terrible teeth or you know, notably.
Speaker 1: Different not American capped teeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And it's only two so far. But like his Uncle Baby Billy and Righteous Gemstones, and in that one, it like makes sense because he's like dating someone from the Holler, and like, I think the teeth are like meant to communicate something. But in this one, it's just a very pretty woman whose trademark is like having weird, weird front teeth.
Speaker 1: Basically, yeah, well, I think more because it's just like the sense that our our perception of teeth is so fucked up from movies. We're like, like that person has like non or he had likely perfected teeth that you're like, what the fuck.
Speaker 2: They let in normal teeth for once, and it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, what is happening.
Speaker 2: I saw some like things that were like it's a revolution for her really that like this he's gonna start coming and well or just generally the revolution Walton Goggins tip of the spear, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but more just to be like, but what did Walton Goggins teeth look like? Preed you know what I mean, pre gigantic teeth. He's got it. Yeah, he's got some big old champas. Yeah, but I don't know, I mean, but yeah, I totally get that because I've definitely that's been something that I've just seen being written up about her teeth specifically and just how people were like, I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's yeah, I think I think it is great to like normalize, you know, people with not the same or as people. Yeah, exactly, but yeah, it's so specific and if anybody's I'm not familiar with this full body of work, like Injustified, I guess it would make sense if it hadn't Unjustified, because that's all about like Kentucky. But I don't know, let me know, are there other instances of this in the Goggins Uvra. Yeah, it's pretty it's pretty weird.
Speaker 1: Always like but it's like, yeah, because he always dates younger women who don't have perfect teeth, right, it's just and then his drink is like getting their teeth fixed.
Speaker 2: He's like, it's like the Lorne Michaels of predatory Rumors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, has dated every woman on their first season of sn O. That's his thing.
Speaker 2: What is something, Miles do you think is overrated? Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, overrated? God bro. The consultant class. So I was talking with some old friends from my political days over the weekend at a function. Naturally we all got to talking about, Yo, what the fuck is wrong with these people? Like what are they fucking doing? And one of my ogs, like my mentors and all of this just was like he was kind of confused by my question because I was like, is it that, Like I'm just guessing it's just all of this, Uh, these habits that are just unbreakable, and the consultants are the ones that enable everything. He's like yeah, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, man, what do you think what's happening? And basically, you know it's that the consultants they do not have an ideology aside from working on the next campaign and getting that money. They're like fucking seasonal workers. They're like mall Santa's political consultants, especially the ones that work on campaigns. They're just looking for what's the next crisis, what are donors going to try and turn the money hose on? And how do I get in front of that money hose. It doesn't matter what the fucking politics of it are. How do I let the money hose touch me? And when you look at races like across California too, there's like a well defined number of like consulting firms that do a bulk of the campaign work and messaging and things all that, and they've been using the same playbook for decades now, So like not only are they inflexible with their thinking like if and like you know, they just look at again campaign season as money making season. That means also when you're used to doing shit over and overweight and you don't change anything, you start cutting corners in the way that like twenty candidates have the exact same looking website and flyers and even TV ads. But because they're in different races, people aren't going to realize that you're just doing the same thing for people and just like swapping out a candidate for your bit, like just very generic messaging, being like and that's how we'll win because it's California. But I think it's really interesting to see that the way like we I think a lot of in America, there's this exaltation of the political class in a way that people think that these are like, these people are eons smarter, and they're like in doing a job that no one else can. But again, it's like any job, any sales job, anything where you're sort of oriented towards fine where the money comes in. You do whatever you can to get the money. That means saying yes to their bad ideas. That means showing them polls or whatever your own data that helps them feel better. So they always like, yeah, you know, I like working with that firm. I'll give them more and more and more money. It's just a very like entrenched way of doing things, and I think it I think it's just better that we begin to realize there's nothing special about these politicians. And we'll get to what happened over the weekend. But you know, anyone can do this, Yeah, at the point anyone.
Speaker 2: I mean there now, like those people who are involved in politics, I feel like are at a disadvantage because they're so embedded in this. There's like a narrative happening on the New York Times side with like Ezra Kline and Matthew Iglesias where they're like talking about how the groups are the problem with the Democratic Party. But like when they talk about the groups, it seems like they mean progressive politics, Like they always like tie them to progressive policies and like being like that the groups is synonymous when they talk about it with standing up for trans rights and you know, viewing trans people as actual people, Like that's what the groups means to them.
Speaker 1: And I thought the groups are getting all upset that people need health care. It's like, I can't wait to how they broaden out what the groups are in terms of what we think of what we service people.
Speaker 2: There's a truth there that there is a thing that's broken in the system, and this is it.
Speaker 1: It's it's the consultants.
Speaker 2: It's the people whose job it is to take polls and tell you where to change your positions.
Speaker 1: To you know, keep in line.
Speaker 2: And just like the ones who are like playing it like a game that disconnects it from anybody's real lives. I think you're absolutely right that like there's it's really a thing with like education and like all these people like went to you know, Ivy League schools or whatever, and they uh are like they when they talk about populism, So they're in an industry that's supposed to be like about getting votes, and they like use the word populism derisively, like like synonymous with racism. Like in a lot of cases, say, what the fuck are you talking about? That's not populism is just like trying to appeal to people. It's not it shouldn't be a bad word for what you're doing, but they need this. How do's the thing about this? Over the weekend with regards to like also the Luca trade, because because like I was thinking about Nico Harrison's like, uh like thinking and like I think probably what happened is behind the scenes, like after they lost the championship, he like started telling this narrative to people around him, like we actually can't win with Luca, Like Luca's he's yeah, he so he got this like take that people were like, oh, that that's actually like kind of an interesting, counterintuitive take and like that's what we want from like a GM, so that's like cool and interesting, and he just like got so gassed up on this take that he made the worst decision in the history of basketball because of like this just insidery shit that goes on, where like you have to justify that you are you have your job for a reason.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, You're so fucking you're so outside the paradigm that you can see the whole matrix.
Speaker 2: Because if everybody else is right that Luca, you just have a generational talent and the smartest thing you can do is shut the fuck up and not build ordered him and just like hope that everything comes together then like you're not important, But like I don't think he's like waking up being like how do I make myself feel important? But I think that is like what myth led him, and that's what misleads the Democratic Party so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're used to for so long you think you're like, oh, bro, this is it. This is the formula, and I don't really need to change much here.
Speaker 2: And it's rewriting the history of you know, like Obama winning, Clinton winning Biden winning those had nothing to do with these consults. Dallas getting to the finals had nothing to do with Nico Harris. But they want to rewrite that history so it is about them, and so they take they make these like you know, counterintuitive interesting to say over cocktails, deductions that are just complete, complete bullshit.
Speaker 1: It's the groups you mean, like the base.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's this poll from NBC over the weekend that just seven percent of people say they have a very positive view of the Democratic Party. Yeah, which is like an all time low. And the lad when you dig into like what they want from them, Like back in April twenty seventeen, people asked, like, what what do you want Democrats in Congress to do? Back in April twenty seventeen, it was sixty percent wanted them to make compromises with President Trump to gain consensus on legislation. That was a time when people were out in the streets, and like you know, now March twenty twenty five, it's thirty two percent want them to make compromises with Trump. Sixty five percent want them to stick to their positions, even if this means not getting things done in Washington. But they don't like it's I think it's exactly what you're talking about. Like they just want them to believe in something and stick to the thing that they believe in, Yeah, and for that thing to have something that is related to what there's season.
Speaker 1: Life democrats, they're seasonal holiday workers. Ro I'm Santa this time year, then I'm the easter Bunny this time of year. Then I'm a leprechaun, then I'm a jack o lantern, whatever I need to do to court the money. And not to say like you're ideologically fucked up for being a season, but like that's what it feels like. And I think the other difference is all of us who are regular people who are not you know, coming from dynastic wealth or obscene wealth, that we are forced to live in a principled way no matter how we live, Like we don't have the ability to just kind of like fucking like just live life like this, Like we are beholden to being like, no, I need healthcare all the time, I need my rights all the time because I can always get touched by the state or by bad actors and things like that. But you look at your representatives and they don't they're not standing on the same shit consistently, Like what the fuck is this? Like, yeah, how does this make sense to me? A person who is at the will of this system. But the people that were quote unquote electing to represent that are there and it's been like I don't know, man, it's it's getting too hot for me. So like, fuck everything I said on the campaign trail. I got to stay in office and I don't want to own a shutdown. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll talk about that after the break, all right, am My. I overrated is the versatility of the song Shipping up to Boston, the Dropkick Murphy's song, That's.
Speaker 1: What it's called. I think, well, yeah, it's just so funny because when I saw you, I didn't know that at all, And at first, when I read your take this the versatility of being up to Boston, I was like, is he No? I first thought you were talking about mailing something to Boston. Boston is overrated. It's actually versatility. No, you can't get suf there, but yeah, that's the Dropkick Murphy's Yeah. Every Guinness ad.
Speaker 2: Guinness ad, every Saint Patrick's Day thing like it's it's become the fucking like jingle bells of Saint Patrick's Day of like anything having to do with Irish culture, and I don't like my kids this morning asked Alexa for a Saint Patrick's Day song because they're still in that age where it's like, this is a holiday, this is a thing to celebrate at school, and that was the first thing that came on. And it's just like a little aggressive for like that song does go hard, Like I don't I like that song in the right circumstances, but I feel like it's just so so specifically, like such a specific energy to just be like and this is our Saint Patrick's Day anthem, Like they're there's like screaming. It just feels weird to have like a holiday for people who are like fun loving and I don't know, you know, they they fight sometimes, but they're every once in a while.
Speaker 1: But I think because like we just like the worst habit we have in America is flattening. Whole culture is based on the most popping movie that like intersected with that group. All Irish people are the Depotted exactly. That's it. Pal everything is that if you're Irish, it's the Depotted or the town maybe, but it's still the Depotted and not to be the Depaded, because for me, it's huge In The Departed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's like a sick part where they're like all driving to like the Irish Boston Ship.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. Then I was like, yeah, yeah, that's Irish, that's Irish. That's it.
Speaker 2: I mean, we got you two, we got the Cranberryes, we got Shinead O'Connor. You know, well, there's plenty, but the problem is that that's the only one that has that like Irish fiddle, like taking a walk all over the place, but.
Speaker 1: That like as consumers were so inflexible, that's all I got. Where's that classic Irish fiddle? Irish? Like this is the most Irish band you're listening to right now. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just such an ass kicking music to be the like number one song associated with holiday.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, that's what I got. Connor McGregor at the White House. I know.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is the fact that that is the song that came on when my kids were like, let's listen to St Patrick's name music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is a sign that Connor goes on And then you see literally Connor McGregor at a White House podium, screaming xenophobic ship again, the America Movement, the Maira movement. I guess, make Ireland myga miga, make Ireland great, Ireland great again, megam.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back. We'll check him with Washington d C and uh other less shitty things.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 2: And the Dropkick Murphy's are from Quincy, Massachusetts. Bro, Quincy, Massa, Bro. They're shipping up to Boston for real.
Speaker 1: Though I did a when I used to work artist hospitality for concerts, I did a show. This was crazy. So there was a call of Duty game that was coming out, like Call of Duty, like I think it's modern Warfare two. And there's this huge fucking thing where they paid Kanye West and the Dropkick Murphy's to perform at this thing. And I was in charge of setting up both of the their dressing rooms. The Kane dressing room. We had to get like a tires stream, dude, it's so so fucked up. You had to get an interior designer to get the right like. He had all this shit, like they had to be the right fabrics. He couldn't see dry wall. It had to be all fabrics around him. Then he wanted like cold press juice from Australia that we tried to fed like he at the last Mews, like I need this shit tomorrow, like it's only available in Australia. We called this company in Australia, like there's no even if we send somebody on a plane right now, wouldn't get there in time, so we had to navigate that. Conversely, the Dropkick Murphy's, their writer was just like some Miller high life, some sandwich stuff. The only interesting thing was yeah, truly like mayonnaise, bread mustard, and one bad action movie on DVD, Like there's like the kind you would find in a bin on your way to check out at best Buy, And they allowed that was up to you dealer's choice. Just some bad, bad action movies. That's fun, man, Like that was only specific thing. I was like, Yeah, this shot out to you guys should be like our weird thing is like we want to see a shitty action movie and sandwiches rather than fabrics. Oh only metal straws for a fucking Nazi West. Also wow, yeah, very very very stupid anyway, Sorry.
Speaker 2: And I do want to shout out there. You were saying there's a clip where somebody wore Maga shit at or Dropkick Murphy show and they called out So yeah, there again, nothing wrong with that song, just I feel like we need another one, like I think it used to be Sunday Bloody Sunday, like the U two song. Like that one just sounds like a You two song. It's it's just like jangly guitars, you know, so like you yeah, like you said, we just need that. That Irish fiddle taking a walk, Yeah, Irish like pub music.
Speaker 1: Is a blast.
Speaker 2: You ever go over there, that's just like there's always going to be people just fucking around on three around the fiddle.
Speaker 1: There's roop on every corner.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is literally like what they ask us to believe about duop groups in the fifties. But it's like every pub has just like some people just fucking ripping.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My mother in law, she's a big fiddler. Oh yeah, that's like her goat activity is just like every couple of years she's like, I'll go to Ireland to get down on fiddle because that's a legit fiddles blast.
Speaker 2: All right, myles, let's check in with Washington, d c last, last time, last time on Creek, Washington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Schumer cave. You probably heard this guy was saying he wasn't interested in this Republican spending bill, but then did a fucking Vince Carter one and gave the Republicans the support to pass the continuing Resolution in the Senate. So we moment to maybe stop things up and apply pressure do something drastic in the face of drastic illegal activity from the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: Everybody seems to be asking for exact right now you co signed it.
Speaker 1: One argument again was like, well, we don't want to own a shutdown. Polling came out that a majority of voters were like, bro, this is not on the Democrats, it's on the Republicans and Trump, like the people could see what was happening. Now that arguments can be made for why shutdown could potentially make Trump more powerful, as then he could maybe abuse the shutdown to truly be like here's who's essential and here's who's unessential, and not going to do maximum pain because the government's shut down. But also at the same time, that would be something Trump would wholly own and would only create more outrage for what Trump is doing. And potentially get people in the fucking streets.
Speaker 2: The thing people are upset about, and the reason people it would have been popular like that people are asking for this is like it feels like this thing is fucking veering off the rails and nobody is hitting the brakes.
Speaker 1: Do you guys want knife slow or knife fast? And then it was like, so so so so slow. I want to feel every fiber of my chest breakdown as this serrated blade fucking stabs me, rather than let's get to it and now let's figure out what the fuck we're doing anyway, So there's a lot of debating now like or what could have happened, And there's infighting because clearly the House Democrats like, do not just fucking shut this shit down, dude, this is already fucked up. But we will see. But it's just really hard. Again. I think I think we were right to really hang on that clip of Chuck Schumer leaning that protest outside of the Treasury building, like early on in the administration, he's like, we will win, and you're like, we will win, yeah, sure, and here we are so much winning. So yes, there are there are your Senate Democrats, folks, and then Trump defied another judge, So the courts, Yeah, we'll stand up. You thought Trump deported hundreds of Venezuelans that he alleged were trend de Aragua gang members by invoking the fucking Alien Enemies Act of seventeen ninety eight. Okay, this is what we did to fucking in turn Japanese people, Germans like, you know, this is a wartime type thing. But he just basically used that because it allows him very broad powers to be able to do executive actions that speed up, specifically mass deportations. A judge was like, what the fuck are you talking? No, absolutely not. It's like, bring these people back. And Trump basically was like, oh, sorry, the planes can't turn around because when the decision came to plate, the planes were in the air. Trump basically claimed that they were in quote international airspace, so it wasn't he was doing the international waters yeah arguments, And everyone's like, that's not even a fucking thing, asshole. You you were the administration. We're telling you to reverse an action through a legal court order, and you're like, oh, but it's an international out of my hands now. Yeah, truly, So this is again another constitutional crisis moment, and you have Dan Bongino, also the guy who's the deputy director of the FBI and his fucking podcast. I was like, who's gonna fucking enforce this? Trump? Trump owns the Marshalls, So what's the problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is the I mean, we're going to talk to Alec Carrickott Sanas on tomorrow's episode. But that is a thing that kept coming up for me as we were talking about, you know, the his new book is awesome copaganda. Yeah, but it really feels like, yeah, I mean he does own own the cops, and they're ready. They're yeah, they're on standby. They're fucking ready to do the.
Speaker 1: Very least, do their jobs the way they'd like to do them right, and then exactly let the chips fall where they may. But yeah, it's fucking anyway. Constitutional Crisis entry number four hundred and thirteen. Yeah, all right. Wanted to check in with jd. Vance.
Speaker 2: He went to the Kennedy Center prior to Thursday night performance by the National Symphony Orchestra. Him and his crew filed in and people booed them lustily for like thirty seconds. People were shouting, you ruined this place.
Speaker 1: You know. It's sort of like when you hear a symphony warm up and you get to hear them dial in their their stringed instruments. This booing is so great and watching him and Usha try and cope with it to like smile it off to each other, like look at this, Look at us, honey, here's the chorus of booze. Here he comes. He sat down here, Like wait, what they start up? You're realizing who just sat down? Uh huh?
Speaker 2: Drinking his red wine. He's waving. He's getting some thumbs downs. I bet yeah, was that?
Speaker 1: Honey? Haters are gonna hate, aren't they? Honey, haters are gonna.
Speaker 2: Hate a sign of how cool we are. Yeah, some people were shouting, you ruined this place. He just kind of smiled and waved to the crowd. But yeah, I mean this is this is what Like he turned the Met crowd into a bunch of like Mets fans. They're like, you're a fucking bomb Vance.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When it's like fuck you Soto, they're like, wait, wait, Yanke Space, why the oh sorry, yeah, fuck you Vance, go.
Speaker 2: Back to Ohio. You couch fucking douche was the sentiment. They didn't quite say that. Instead, and you were ruined this place, How dare.
Speaker 1: You which still fantastic, because let it be known, Let it be don't let these people have a fucking second of fucking peace. Let them fucking stay at mar A Lago and insulate yourself because you are not welcome out here, Brett. Yeah, refusing to.
Speaker 2: Give them the social credit that they do all this shit for, you know, like the social credit they never got in their normal lives, because they're fucking losers like Elon Musk should not be allowed in Polay society without people going full you know, drunk Yankees, outfield standing.
Speaker 1: Guy who tried to catch the fucking found where they all out. They're actually they're they're Elon's bodyguards, now, those guys.
Speaker 2: But these are deeply uncool people who are desperate to be cool. Yeah, and it feels like it's surprisingly effective to attack them on the level of a high school mean girl, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, sadly, but we just have to go back to the thing that made them hateful people. Probably, Yeah, you don't think this made a mark.
Speaker 2: The interim president of the Kennedy Center, who was you know, appointed by Trump, Richard Grennell, called for more diversity and inclusion, but only in regards to uh, you know, making room for people with opposing political views. Ah, so you know, we're actually into DEI just as long as it's in the service of insulating powerful people from fleeting moments of discomfort caused by their own actions, that is when that's that's what the guy is really about. In the end, the diversity of you know, you want to be able to have wealthy people and also like really wealthy people in the same room.
Speaker 1: So it was wild to man. Rick Granow has had such a fucking weird He's like one of these like gay conservative guys who's had all these different roles. He used to work in national security like the last administration. He was hired on the Romney campaign in like it like back in twenty twelve, and all of these hate groups are like, you hired a gay guy and then he got fired. He's like, oh my god, he's had all these like this fucking wild ass career and then to land on we need more diversity. He's like, I love that we're Muslim and Jewish and agnostic and black and white and Asian, but also and gay, but also no drag shows at all. Nope, anti American, nothing thing here anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Intolerance towards people who are politically different is just an unacceptable It's just as unacceptable as intolerance in other areas. Yeah, what other areas? Do you think intolerance is unacceptable? Because it's nothing from your actions seems to have anything. He has previously criticized the Equality Act and railed against transgender youth rights.
Speaker 1: So yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, cool guy. He's dude, he's sick, and you know, I can't wait to see Sebastian Gorka's spoken word poetry jam at the Kennedy Center. It's going to be fucking awesome. Let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: And you might have seen this story that Canada, So a couple of weeks go, maybe the beating of last week, Canada was talking about possibly turning.
Speaker 1: The power off.
Speaker 2: They give the US a big power electricity you know, comes down via tubes.
Speaker 1: I think. I'm not pipe pipes, ripes and pipes, I believe.
Speaker 2: But now it was being rumored that they were going to go with the nuclear option in the trade war and take away porn Hub because apparently porn Hub is a Canadian website. This is a bullshit story. However, we're going to do the service for you here telling you this is bullshit.
Speaker 1: It's wild when you see that and you're like, oh damn, that would I mean, yeah, American people love their pornography, and the biggest provider of pornography being shut up would be an interesting arrow in their quiver. But again, I think this is it's just funny that this becomes a headline and then when you really go back to it, it's basically this story should be called how Twitter clips become headlines for clicks there aren't actual news.
Speaker 2: I mean, and they are going to you know, Trump Trump's policies are going to eventually take porn away from people eventually with like all the like page dating and shit, like I think it's already in Utah right, like the and it's going to be like spreading around the country where like you have to give like scan your license to get to like go on a porn website.
Speaker 1: Right, so you know it will be taken away, but this is probably not how it's going to be taken away.
Speaker 2: It's owned by a Canadian private equity group that took over after Pornhub became the target of a number of lawsuits over sexual exploitation, was the subject of Netflix documentary.
Speaker 1: That was unflattering.
Speaker 2: And so, you know, private equity is the place that extracts wealth while creating so many shell companies that you can't be legally liable for anything. They just get tired of chasing you through like layers and layers of shell companies.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But the whole reason that this became a thing was there was a New York Post article which noted that it called porn hub Canada's nuclear weapon in the trade war. This quote exclusive article, as it was titled, about an interview with a Toronto based stand up comedian who floated the idea in an Instagram video. Yeah, so, I mean, maybe getting it a deeper truth. But if this is what they need to understand that the Trump administration is coming for their porn, if they have to blame Canada to do that, then you know, hats off.
Speaker 1: I wonder if like, also, like that's like the New York Post trying to like soft push stories that make you like, let's not fuck with Canada, guys, because it's sucking up everyone's bag right now. Yeah, Yeah, just fucking just say that they could do that. It's if they have a nuclear weapon are born. But yeah, I mean I'm sure, like, with all the fucking data they have on Americans, couldn't they fucking turn that into something a little more useful. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I bet Trump doesn't look at internet porn. I bet he's like eminem in that bay like a bunch of He's like this eight millimeter film I've got and it's like, oh God, to do a screening room.
Speaker 1: What's written on that film? Canister says Pellicolas day snuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say it looks like the there's like people wearing stag heads and ship. Yeah, it's like the block and white from from the first season of True Detective.
Speaker 1: He's got that ship. Uh fuck all right?
Speaker 2: Uh. In real news, Tesla has had to halt cyber truck deliveries because and this is apparently like I'm no car industry expert, but this is apparently bad. Uh. The cyber trucks are literally falling apart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's right. That's right.
Speaker 2: We've seen various videos where like, you know, the pedal falls off, like the gas pedal falls or like get stuck and shit like by like something else that fell off, and now like the bumpers are falling off the like various panels, so like the cyber truck is just glued together essentially. Yeah, So they're being put on a what's called a containment hold while they try and figure out like better glue to use.
Speaker 1: I guess ah, yes, glue don't need rivets or anything like that or I don't know how other sh it's made or welding technology. But yeah, I remember so many early videos who were like, bro, like look I can just take off this window trim in the interior like this. Yeah, I'm feeling it off. Yeah. It was a fucking sticker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's like a cheap you know, like trinket that you get at I don't know, like I'm thinking of like you know, little like things that you would win at like a church carnival or something, and then you like pull on one thing and it all just like comes apart, like tes.
Speaker 1: To dust somehow, like what the fuck? It like transitions very.
Speaker 2: Stately assembled and mostly with like not very strong glue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, poor guy.
Speaker 2: There was already a recall last summer due to improperly adhered trunk bed trim sale applique applicquet, but a recent viral post highlighted just how terrible and dangerous the problem is with just like stuff falling off the front of the car falling off the back.
Speaker 1: It's like wild too, because I I'd regularly look at the like Tesla cope sort of posts because you know, I've read it as a place for aggregating that stuff. And there's like a couple of posts because there's like certain like these engineer type guys and like car people on YouTube who are like reviewing the car and like, dude, this thing fucking sucks. Like they're like, this can't even hoe anything. Another guy who's like this former NASA engineer, he's like this camera system is fucking not good at all. Like when you think about the technology that's out there, like it might be interesting to people who don't know what other technologies exist or like the advantages of like lidar and things, and people are like these people shouldn't be posting this. This is like they're trying to create an agenda against the truck. It's like, motherfucker, this guy worked on technology though he's on the fucking Space shuttle. I think his opinion holds a little bit of weight when he's analyzing this thing, and very matter of fact, they'd be like, ooh, this feels like smoking Mirrory, like it works but is not the best by any stretch. Yeah, and yeah, a lot of people are so. I mean, you know, the brand has become toxic. There's that story from last week where like a bunch of car the Tuzla's at their wheels stolen. I got a lot. They were all on cinder blocks, and shit.
Speaker 2: I don't know out there. What changed you guys? What's what's wrong? Mm hmm, Yeah, forty wheels were stolen to it, Brian the editor this paragraph. I guess I didn't because you do see cyber trucks around LA in particular, and like we saw some down and not as many in Austin as you see in La. I feel like is maybe the hot and probably San Francisco.
Speaker 1: But there's this.
Speaker 2: Paragraph from a Fortune article from a few days ago that, according to Cox, automotive sales failed to top thirty nine thousand last year, even though Tesla had installed capacity to build over one hundred and twenty five thousand. So like that the thing that had made it through to me for some reason. Was that like they were like just not able to make that many. But they could have made more if people wanted to fucking buy them, but nobody does. The Fortune article goes on to say the cyber truck can be considered a flop already given its lofty expectations. Musk said demand was so far off the hook, you like can't even see the hook and rezor and also claimed that rezor vasions were taken for almost two million trucks. Mmm, he sold thirty nine thousand and like they can't sell anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, I mean it's that's that sucks. And it's interesting to think of what the states are that had the highest purchasing intensity for Tesla. That's all Blue states man. Yeah, yeah, that's what happened. Now, look at what happened. Yeah, but also just it all went downhill. When you called that that guy who's trying to rescue them kids in the Taie cave a pedophile, Yeah, that's what you mean.
Speaker 2: That's when we first started seeing the signs. I think I think the thing that really made his car uncool.
Speaker 1: Is this sea hiling.
Speaker 2: The sieg hiling really hurts, and you know, I'll give you that.
Speaker 1: I'll give you that. It might be that. It might be that why did they start doing swapstickas on all the cars? Now it could be his his leadership style. Yeah yeah, leadership price cuts. I think a job cut. I think that's what people are objecting to. Oh.
Speaker 2: Also, the person most associated with any car brand in the world is out here doing sigiling.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Somehow Henry Ford, who was a Nazi, managed to fucking you know, Duck and Duck and Dodge and was next to Adolf Hitler's work desk. Yeah, wasn't he putting the protocols in the fucking glove boxing it in the glove box? Yeah? Somehow that guy spun it better. Yeah. Motherfucking Elon just seek Island on.
Speaker 2: Stage there is like you still read like he was the Elon Musk of his time. Like they people were just like as Henry Ford would say, like in books from that time. Uh, that people just you know, America just loves to create a fucking uber genius who is like all knowing and like did it all himself.
Speaker 1: He's so smart. It's like, no, he learned how to like exploit the labor better with the assembly line, right, was efficiency so he can make more money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like Elon Musk what he does, he's not like good at creating products. He's not good at creating technology, like his space ship keep blowing up spectacularly. This car is a piece of shit that like nobody seems to want to buy at the price that he can make it for. He's just he hypes the shit out of products and just himself uses his popularity with a very specific type of person who falls for that shit, and then like pretends to just be a genius and then he lies. You know, he realized like the fact that you can say you have two million reservations and then you only sell fifty thousand like that, he just knows what people won't pay attention to, like this sort of lies.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and again, all of these people, they operate under a different set of laws than regular people do. We can't we can't do at our job over promise some shit and then be like, oh, actually it's the supply chain and no, you can't do that. Same way the Trump administration or just even companies will be like, yeah, dude, all these wage garnishing we did, Oh we have to pay that back. Okay, we don't go to jail, but we just have to we can just always be like, oh fine, I fuck it. We didn't get away with it. Like that is kind of a mentality. And I think he knows he knows how to manipulate the markets because someone put together how the consecutive times he's been promising full self auto drive for like the for the for the Tesla and years is like twenty six, it'll probably be next year. Then they show the next year. I think we're within in the next eighteen months, just every fucking time. And he was just like, damn, these people are so fucking dumb that they let this guy keep kicking the promise down the road of full self drive, never delivering and still sending the value of the company up. And I think that also has to do with a lot of the fact that a lot of huge like so many people's retire, like a lot of these company people are buying Tesla stock too and making them part of like four oh one k's and things like that, so like a lot of people are kind of stuck in this sort of circuits of how Tesla is going to go up and up and up and up. But yeah, it sounds like hard Times.
Speaker 2: A good thing that Malcolm Gladwell wrote was a New York article about like studying how people become uber wealthy, and it just comes down to their ability to be like predatory, find like deals that benefit them and like screw over the other person and then just like hammer that over and over and over until they're like, so that's that's all it is. It's just predatory opportunism is what he's good. And like with regards to like making a ton of money, it's nothing besides that. But because we worship money so much, we're just like, he's actually tech Jesus, right, and actually.
Speaker 1: He's tech Jesus. In video game parlance, we call that. You know, if the games, when you had there was a move that you could just lock somebody up in the corner, like for example, Mortal Kombat, you could use sub zero, you could freeze the motherfucker then trip the face over. They don't have a they can't get a move out, and you're like, yeah, I won that shit, and like, yo, you fucking cheesing bro. Yeah, that's all you're doing. And that's the same thing that these billionaires are.
Speaker 2: They have one move and then they go back and rewrite their career to make it seem like they were actually geniuses.
Speaker 1: No, like sub zero, you're freezing and tripping philosophies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I'm glad we're putting him in a position to totally fuck over everyone in the US.
Speaker 1: If it enriches him, we'll see. We'll see if if he chooses to do that or not. Be interesting.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And finally, some good news for for the Irish, you know, finally so uh.
Speaker 2: Conan O'Brien has been announced as the host of the twenty twenty six Oscars already.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow set the ratings up sky high, I bet from announcing so early. Well, so, okay, that's Snicky Glazer for the Golden Globes last week too, So I wonder if that and they're really locking it in early. I mean they both failed it. No, it's going to be worth watching next year, just so you know, we're giving you a year or like nine months to just so you know you're gonna want to watch it.
Speaker 2: So Nielsen updated the total uh streaming numbers okay, based on and on the Oscars, and it was a billion Sorry, no it wasn't. It was a nineteen point sixty nine million, but it it did top last year's telecasts, which was surprising because, like as as mentioned, you know, the year before was Oppenheimer and Barbie, two movies that like everybody saw, but this one had more people watching it and interacting with it on social media. So I do think that's the testament to the fact that people are you know, the movies are open again, baby, people want to go back to the cinema. And also he did a good job cinema cinema, yes, exactly. I do want to thank the Academy for making a pot of gold reference because Conan O'Brien is Irish and their tweet announcing him, they said, forget the pot of gold, this Saint Patrick's Day, We're giving you something even better. Conan O'Brien is officially returning to host the ninety eight Oscars, and then him against a green background holding an oscar.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess it's much easier to reduce Irish culture to pot of gold than also with the cool parts that are like standing up for fucking social justice and equity, like a strong tradition.
Speaker 2: Of that we can't really identify with that we can identify with pots of gold. Gold yeah, and greedily guarding pots of gold. That's kind of the thing that US Americans appreciate about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 2: I just got to say, me and Conan have to put up with so much databases, not knowing what to do with the apostrophe in our last name.
Speaker 1: Yep, that fucking sucks. Dog, Dude, I get it, I get it, bro. What are you saying to me? I get it, bro, I know what it's like to.
Speaker 2: Be would like to be discriminated against. You know, the Irish were slaves too. Here's this photo shops picture of the signs says Irish need not a fly. Anyways, Conan said that the only reason I'm hosting the Oscars next year is that I want to hear Adrian Brode. He finished his speech because his speech was really long, and that is the joke. Anyways, there you go, Happy Saint Patrick's Day, America. Irish guy, Yeah, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
Speaker 1: You can have Connor McGregor or Look, there are two genders in America. Are you for Connor McGregor or are you for Conan O'Brien. Conan O'Brien. Yeah, fuck, dude, that Gregor thing is frightening.
Speaker 2: I gotta see it. So he just went up and was just prove what was He was just talking about how I can play as he's just being taken over. It's basically he's.
Speaker 1: Trying to do the exact sort of like you know America First type agenda by blaming, like saying like Ireland is giving too much money to immigrants and not enough on the Irish people. But it's funny this the way this video shot, it almost looks like he just got up there and started talking because the camera work is as shaky as his speech voices of the people of Ireland. And it's high timed that America is made aware of what is going on in Ireland. What is going on in Ireland is a travesty. Our government is the government of zero action with zero accountability. You know, our money is being spent on overseasons. No, your money is being spent on cocaine, a condor regret.
Speaker 2: He's also getting Barry Bond's head. I feel like, you know, his head is changing shape. Yeah, he's I don't know, I don't know exactly what he's on, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the head is getting bigger. The head is It could just be like post he's not in fighting weight, so it's like as he gained his weight, it he just looks rounder, so maybe his head looks bigger. I think he goes pretty hard, it would seem based on.
Speaker 2: It goes hard on the streets, on anything having to do any any publicity he did for Roadhouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just go what's going on in America? He's got a rattle in it. It's got a bit of a rattle in it. Doesn't it feel like I got down mechanic? All right, those are things that are happening on this Monday, Saint Patrick's Day morning. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show.
Speaker 2: Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines while he still can, get your flu shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bite, Bite,