Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of posse Coma Trendis.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Courtesy of Nick semper Tyrannis posse Coma Trendis.
Speaker 2: My name is Jack O'Brien. That over there is a mister Miles. Great really yes, yeah, wow, it's time.
Speaker 3: It's time for everyone to learn what is the posse comet Tatis Act?
Speaker 2: What that is.
Speaker 1: It's when they say we gotta gotta bring some people in to restore order in this one place.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: But yeah, specifically you can't use the US military for civilian.
Speaker 2: Don't matter. I think I'm saying. It's like when people.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, Miles, like Lil Wayne just put out a song with lin Manuel Miranda on the beat, y'all, nothing makes sense anymore, and it sounds like a children's song. Like the beat it's called it's about it's called Peanuts to Elephants and the beat is like has elephant honking in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like a like a like a beat that didn't make the Rocky rap album.
Speaker 1: Ye kids, It's like, uh yeah. There's this show that my kids were into for a little bit called Storybots, and they would have little songs about animals oh yeah, and there's one that's like dance Dance, Dance with the Elephant, and it's got like the and it feels like it's just a takeoff on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes people are like, I just want to I just want to go out of like the normal thing I do.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, maybe that's not good. I mean something.
Speaker 1: I'm an artist, so I want to go out of the color outside of the lines. Oh so the thing we like about you is how well you color inside of those lines.
Speaker 2: You know. He's like the opposite of push it. He's like always trying new ship and pusha.
Speaker 1: He is just like no, He's like, yeah, yeah, every time you know what I say to that idea?
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, myles. Yes.
Speaker 1: Speaking of posit COONa Trendis Pete Hegseth has admitted that they're planning on leaving the National Guard deployed in Los Angeles for sixty days at least. Said this at a congressional hearing, talking about how it would cost around one hundred and thirty four millions last sixty days. They were so on point with this that a bunch of the National Guard were sleeping on the ground and in humvies over Monday night. They're well planned, just really meticulous, well done, but completely at a time when everybody on the ground who is paying attention, everybody who is not in some weird conservative media bubble, is like.
Speaker 2: This shit doesn't make any sense. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean then even at that same hearing, you're like, how much is this little fucking thing gonna cost?
Speaker 2: And he was even like.
Speaker 3: They're like, uh, what do you think one hundred and thirty four million dollars?
Speaker 1: He was really trying like one hundred and thirty four may give or take one hundred and thirty four dollars, Yeah, thirty four million dollar.
Speaker 3: And also like with the Marines being deployed, like everyone even like I see from like military, like you know, former military that are like, you know, I'm really looking at what people in the military are talking about about it. They're like, where the fuck are they gonna go? The LAPD just said, like, we have no idea how we're going to coordinate with them. Where are you putting them? Where do they eat whatever? They'll just sleep in a fucking parking garage, I guess. But again, this is all just to create the headlines that the Marines are being deployed. The National Guard is here. Two way mos are on fire.
Speaker 1: They're going to visit the site of the Waim fire and just pay their respects.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's the new ground zero.
Speaker 1: We're gonna set up a fucking you know, a statue. They're going to just dig two gigantic pits where.
Speaker 3: Those way mos burned in Memoriam. But yeah, it's you know, we talked about this more on tomorrow's episode two. The narrative that La is not okay needs to be dispelled. I encourage every single listener when people go, man, la is a mess hot, your response should be.
Speaker 2: LA is actually fine.
Speaker 3: The news is just focusing on any mic like little act they can frame in their camera to be.
Speaker 2: Like, this is what the entire city is going through. That's not or you.
Speaker 1: Say, yeah, it sucks for them that they sent fucking military police in to start shooting them and reporters, Yeah it's fucking Gaza.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's that sucks. That sucks. But yeah, don't that's not great.
Speaker 3: I'd like correct my family, like, don't you better not be saying riot ever? Ye ever, yeah, because that's not what is happening.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: But yeah, here we are it's it just gets going deeper and deeper.
Speaker 2: And yeah, like this thing that has been planned for fucking months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they they're just they're dying for this to happen. They're they're trying to make it happen whatever they can.
Speaker 3: And it's it's and it's but it falls like it's it's falls right in line with all this ship. Trump does just doesn't fucking think anything. Even this was even though this was planned for months, doesn't mean it's gonna go off the weight. I'm sure he'll say whatever he needs to about it, because that's what he does, regardless of the actual lived.
Speaker 2: Reality of it. Yeah, I can't. My body is like in full.
Speaker 1: He's gonna try, but he wants there to be fighting, he wants there to be like I mean, I know I saw like on the Daily Mail they were like dead body found, like now that there's been a body found, like was the result of the looting. And then it's just like they found a dead body in Los Angeles last night and they have no idea what if it has any relation anything. Yeah, the biggest city and they found a body and but that the there will be ship like that where they're just looking for whatever they can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Alex Steed, you know, friend of the show, he was like he was there yesterday and he was saying, how all the press as soon as something some kind of action y thing was happening, that's when the press suddenly got up off their asses and had their cameras rolling to only capture moments that seemed sort of like aggressive or riot it or yeah, any kind of interaction with police and screaming people. But they could give a fuck less about like all the normal people. All the street vendors just fucking selling food and shit, people just diving out in the park, just being like, yeah, we're just here to show y'all that this many people aren't fucking with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again it's it's rip wi moo. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Brandon the editor points out he's found four dead bodies in La No big whoop, Like that's.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, that's what we do here. You stumble over dead bodies. And then we're the intro to.
Speaker 3: A l If you haven't seen a dead body, come on, now, I saw mine outside of a family fair, did you really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? In a parking lordne Oh, it was wild.
Speaker 3: I mean very quickly the adults are was like okay, no, no, no, no, no, no no. And I was like and I was like, what the fuck is that? And I was like, no, that person sleeping. And then later on they're.
Speaker 2: Like no, no, we're not gonna go this right now.
Speaker 1: Anyway, all right, Well, as Trump is, you know, gearing up to try to you know, start a civil war in Los Angeles, he's also planning a big party for his birthday. But also, Miles you were pointing out so that there was a he stumbled up the stairs to Air Force one. Not a big deal, like it's you know, he he recovered pretty quickly, unfortunately, and just like got back a but you were pointing out the really remarkable thing about it was that Rubio was the next person up the stairs and he stumbled at the same place to try and like.
Speaker 3: Getrough cover stumbled up the stairs. Y. Yes, he also did a who kind of thing.
Speaker 1: It was very like just just next level, ask Kissery the art of boot throating, as.
Speaker 2: Kissory is truly next level.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But anyways, yep, hot off the heels of using the military to brutalize American citizens.
Speaker 2: He will be throwing.
Speaker 1: A big parade featuring military vehicles rolling through the streets of DC. Some of them will likely be decked out with fun decorations threatening to hang Anthony Fauci and Bill Gates as I found a transport a tank transporter, and they like left it up for a day. But the whole parade is estimated to cost about forty five million, which seems low based on the fact that there's gonna be a bunch of costs, like repairing the damages to the city because tanks are double the weight limit allowed on DC roads.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, people are gonna love that.
Speaker 3: People are the people of DC are going to love when they're having to shut down the fucking shit treats to repair all the fucking tank damage from the roads. Yeah yeah, Yeah, that's gonna be great. Everyone's so excited in DC. I have friends and family they can't wait.
Speaker 2: They can't Yeah, everybody's so excited to celebrate.
Speaker 3: The start lining up now to get their place so they can make sure they have a front row seat to see old shithead.
Speaker 1: They're claiming that it's a celebration of the Army's birthday, that that thing that we've always celebrated all along, and it just happens to be Donald Trump's seventy ninth birthday. So it's like the episode of the Office when Michael Scott makes everybody go to an ice skating party like on work hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, makes it mandatory.
Speaker 1: But this was like Monica Crowley just going along with the Marco Rubio thing and just the next level ass kissing. The State Department's Chief of protocol, who's in charge of the parade, suggested that everybody in the crowd should sing the happy Birthday song to Trump. Hugh fourteenth has a special day, she said. Of course it's the President's birthday, so I'm sure the crowd will break out into a Happy Birthday please.
Speaker 2: Oh you're fucked, Monica. You should not have fucking said that out loud.
Speaker 3: You now you have him thinking people are going to regale him with happy birthday?
Speaker 2: Do you have the money to pay that many people to show up?
Speaker 1: The Army has suggested that around two hundred thousand people will be at the parade, which a political scientist and former.
Speaker 3: Be sure about that number?
Speaker 1: About that? Sure about That's how many people's gonna come to his birthday. One political scientist and former hotel manager has said that he looked at hotel bookings online, so he does the thing where he can like test how booked hotels are like cheap ish rooms, and for that time period, he's like, I'm not seeing anything like nobody's coming to this shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like there's nothing like many parades that we canceled, right exactly.
Speaker 3: I don't that's going to be such a fucking weird I can't like also too, especially when everyone is so enamored with Donald Trump right now, you can, Yeah, such a face I think is going to show up.
Speaker 2: Attendes have to.
Speaker 1: Be scanned by metal detectors to enter the area, surrounded by eighteen and a half miles of anti scale fencing, seventeen miles of bike racked concrete barriers, and you'll get to be surveilled by drones.
Speaker 3: Oh well, we get that in LA right now. There's predator drones in the sky above Los.
Speaker 2: Angeles right now. It's so fun. Yeah, there's even cobra attack helicopters. I don't know if you.
Speaker 1: Saw getting the LA experience. I've just been seeing the standard helicopters. But I don't really look up at helicopter look up in the sky anymore because oh no, maybe I have to keep an eye out.
Speaker 3: There's some terrifying military creed hardware just floating above our heads right now. And then also the LAPD told people last night in a helicopter.
Speaker 2: They were like, uh, we know who you are.
Speaker 3: We're going to be at your houses, like acting like they were scanning people's faces from like above. Now, people weren't sure if like they were actually meant that or they're just trying to troll people. But either way, the fact that it's that we even hear that, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, that's maybe possible.
Speaker 3: It's fucking frightening. But again, this is why, this is why we have to fucking resist this shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyways, I've never been so wanting an event to go badly and to be sparsely attended maybe in my life.
Speaker 2: I mean, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: They'll they'll find a way to make it look like there's a lot of people there for him.
Speaker 2: But uh would love it if nobody.
Speaker 3: You know, there's gonna be the like version Fox that Fox shows everyone and then like the zoomed out version where people are like, no, dude, they crammed everyone into this one block and then they didn't show the rest of the parade. Rout where there's fucking nobody and there's like people screaming shit at the tanks. Yeah, and I hope for they said there might be thunderstorms, so but af for rain baby. They've gutted most scientific research and the NAA, so who knows if even those fucking forecasts are accurate.
Speaker 2: But please please be thunder All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back back, and let's see the Democrats just launched a new daily show that is really good and we uh we stand. You know, takes takes one daily show to know another one, and this one is, uh yeah, this one's good, you guys.
Speaker 2: It's called the Blueprint. It's called the Daily Blueprint. No, just the blue they print daily.
Speaker 3: They don't want to get they don't want to get on, they don't want to fuck with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it's the Daily Blunt whatever. You want to catch these hands.
Speaker 3: Well, even the beginning, the like the DNC sort of like head of communications who hosts it, is like we're gonna cut through the noise to give you the real story. I said, excuse me, excuse me. We are suing you, now, that's what we do and only us ever in the history of the spoken word.
Speaker 1: But yeah, for our very successful lawsuit against the New York Times as.
Speaker 2: The daily exactly the same colors blue and yellow.
Speaker 3: Interesting, interesting, very interesting, But like the videos suck like they're so I don't even need to play it like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah for therip, Oh, I really liked it.
Speaker 1: Did you really like that that she like kind of sounded like she had learned the words phonetically and like it was the fiftieth time that she had read through the script.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where you're not even saying words anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they like couldn't really know what she was saying anymore because she'd said them so many times. That was putting the emphasis in the wrong parts of the sentences.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There they talk about how unpopular Trump's policies are. Rather than talking about like the actual costs and any tangible way, they talk about like pulling saying that people don't like his policies, Like so the only thing they can do is deny that he like the popularity of what he's doing, and like play the horse race game. They can't even like, no, get the consultants.
Speaker 3: Well, because they can't even offer a solution because and they're like, we're going to be beholden to that when we campaign, if we articulate that is the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: It's so fucking yeah.
Speaker 1: Their coverage of Trump shit is just like and this is something that polls in the thirties.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, why are you talking about it?
Speaker 1: Like your fucking ESPN saber metrics people are like, just talk about that. He's doing things that are hurting people.
Speaker 3: Right, is the noise that you're talking about you say you're cutting through it. No, you're just you are the noise. That's not the real story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like we're going to get the consultants out, but like you are the consultant, Like it is nothing but consultant. It's consultants all the way down. The host of this show is what is like a democratic consultant, you know.
Speaker 3: Just a full on part of the establishment and just going because right now, right this is all part of like.
Speaker 2: What do we do? How do we get our media game better?
Speaker 3: There's another story about how they were telling people to use Twitch and snapchat more. I'm sorry, like a third of the senators are over seventy like what are you gonna the fuck you talking about that's not the fucking problem. Again, they keep doing this thing about it's oh, okay, so their election result showed us we just need to talk about the issues differently, rather than realizing our stance on the issues is the problem here. Our lack of following through on things we say is the issue, and it's just so bad. It just further cements like this notion that Democrats are like rich people that have never spoken to a non wealthy person under the age of fifty, because it looks like their idea of what a YouTube show is based on, like a couple vlogs they saw, and you're like, this is not I don't know who this is fucking for.
Speaker 1: They also talk about Trump sending in the troops, but not about like what people are protesting about.
Speaker 2: Just oh interesting the act.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean, I guess it's also funny. It's like, oh, that's weird. So if caging people was bad in Trump's first arm, why did it continue in Biden's administration? Hu that reads as we agree on this policy rather than opposition to it. But hey, what I'm I'm just I'm just trying to there's just so much noise out there.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to get to the real story all right.
Speaker 1: After being kidnapped by the Idea Bredath, Thunberg is now back in Paris along with three other activists. She and eleven other activists including uh, the Onion Knight from Game of Thrones mmmm, a French member of.
Speaker 2: Party which run's the Onion Knight.
Speaker 1: He's like kind of balding guy with a beard. He was like one of the main Consigliari's for Denaris.
Speaker 3: Oh, Davos Dava Yeah, oh, I didn't know he was called the Onion Night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, all right, Davils man. But he was on the boat and they were just like, we're going to bring aid to the people of Gaza who are actively being made to starve to death on purpose. So that's set sail on part of a Freedom Flow Tilla coalition to bring aid to Gaza. And we're so we're doing this because no matter what odds we're against, we have to keep trying, is what Thumberg said. And then they were boarded and kidnapped by Israeli soldiers and.
Speaker 2: I think they're told to like throw their phones into the sea too. There's like all kinds of wild shit going on.
Speaker 1: Israeli's Foreign ministry called it the selfie yacht because of course they want to, you know, denigrade anybody who's trying to show anybody what's actually happening here, whether it be through citizen journalism or through actual journalism. They have a way of dealing with those people. They just like, you know, kill them. Yeah, yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said her treatment was dehumanizing. There the for the Israeli forces were ordered to show the people like these activists just graphic October seventh footage to be like yeah.
Speaker 2: So now you get it, and they're like yeah, just straight up clockwork orange shit, yeah right right right.
Speaker 3: And so Thunberg along with the three others are there, but the the remaining eight activists are there to actually because the other the people that came over they basically were like, okay, well we'll take immediate repatriation. The other eight were there to actually sort of legally argue against what had happened. So they are remaining in Israel for the moment, so we'll see what what happens. But yeah, this is this is the flotillical coalition is basically said like this is just this is just the beginning like this isn't going to stop because like, what the fuck are you going to do?
Speaker 2: We're having an omni crisis on the planet at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we want to say rip to Sly Stone passed.
Speaker 2: Away yesterday from Slam in the Family. Stone just a great musician, one of the best, one of the best in terms of like multicultural bands people really sleep on, like how he was really bridging the gap between like black and white people his first bands in the Bay Area.
Speaker 3: I honestly think that his performance of like dance to the music into Higher at Woodstock is probably one of my favorite live performances I've ever seen in my life. And it shows man the part where he's getting he's going into high, like they play a little bit of Higher, and then he does his breakdown where he's just getting the crowd to sing like Higher and he's like just talking about how we all need to participate. You know, it's nineteen sixty nine, the Vietnam Wars happening. His energy to commander it completely to me changed how I thought of how live performing works, and like, what is actually really magical about quote rocking in the crowd? I say it sucks because the whole thing isn't on YouTube, but it is on daily Motion. Sly woodstock because there's like a ten minute clip. I really, it's fucking amazing and it's life affirming.
Speaker 2: Great advice.
Speaker 1: His family members revealed that prior to his death, he had recently completed the screenplay for his life story. So maybe we'll get a Slicestone biopic written by slashed alone. Slic sorry, sly Stone hold on now, so it might need to rewrite by slash alone.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like maybe maybe I'm in it. You want me to stay.
Speaker 1: Quest Love just made a documentary about him that it's supposed to be really good. Yeah, so go check that out.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna do it for us on this Tuesday, June tenth.
Speaker 2: We are back.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines where you still can't get your flu shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: By Report Ice.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zeitgeist is executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bee Wayne.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Victor Wright.
Speaker 1: Co written by J. M. McNab and edited and engineered by Brian Jeffries