Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now in the.
Speaker 3: Air everywhere you have stumbled on another edition of the Fifth Hour with Ben Mallor and Danny g Radio.
Speaker 1: God bless you, We thank you for finding us.
Speaker 3: Tell a Friend, Tell a Friend, word of mouth advertising. It is all part of the gorilla marketing campaign of this podcast to spread the gospel, to spread the word and have new people come into our store and hang out with us and shop and they don't even have to buy anything unless they want a T shirt. Danny at malormerchat gmail dot com, Malurmerch at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: But I digress.
Speaker 3: This is the only weekend we can do this, Danny, the only weekend malurmerch at gmail dot com.
Speaker 4: Are you going to start doing live reads too?
Speaker 3: If they pay? I will absolutely do that. I will absolutely. I'm not opposed to that at all. This podcast available worldwide wherever you get podcasts, we recommend the iHeartRadio app or Apple podcast page. On this Saturday podcast, we have Baker the Headache Maker, Bad Tour Guide, Eleven Heaven Backscratcher, and Scientifical. So those are all things popping up here on this Saturday podcast on the fifth hour, and we'll start with this another weekend for me in Sin City. Now, Danny, I realize that you are in Lawst. Wags, Novada right now, but that is where I was last weekend and hanging out in the gambling mecca. So this is a mini Mallard travel log honoring my grandfather Jack, who would always bring us kids grandkids. We'd have to come over there and he'd have a slide show and he thought we were fascinated by his photos, but we were little kids and we didn't want to be there. He would tell these great stories about these different cities around the world that he visited, and we were all like, let us leave, let us leave.
Speaker 4: Didn't he at least take pictures of the show girls.
Speaker 1: No, he would be he would be like, you know, here's the whaling wall.
Speaker 3: You know, and here's a here's a shot of seal out on the everybody.
Speaker 4: Was, you know, he nobody wants to see that exactly, Well, we didn't.
Speaker 1: We certainly didn't want to see this because maybe the grown ups wanted to.
Speaker 3: So on this travel log I stay just off the Fremont Street experience, I knew it. Yeah, that's my spot. I was at a.
Speaker 1: I did not stay at the Circa.
Speaker 3: I was going to stay at the Circa, and then I saw how much they were charging for rooms at the Circa, and.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 3: That's the taj mahall of sports books, the Circa sports book, and the drive. I drove on Friday night. I do not like driving on Friday or Sunday to Vegas, but I drove on Friday night. I was planning on leaving earlier in the day. I went now with my wife. This was a guys trip to Vegas. My wife said, you need a guys trip to Vegas. I said, I don't need a guys trip to Vegas. She said, you need a guys trip to Vega. I said, no, I don't. So I ended up going on a guys trip.
Speaker 1: To Vegas, which was fine, but we were supposed to go on early in the day. We ended up driving on Friday night.
Speaker 3: I went with my old high school football teammate, guy named Hunter, who is also a now a middle aged game buddy with two kids, and we did this.
Speaker 1: We left at six thirty.
Speaker 3: You would think going to Vegas at six thirty on a Friday night, that's most people going earlier, is fine. So I looked at the GPS. It said four hours to drive from the LA Area and the North Woods out to Vegas. So we get in the car, we load up, we're on our way. We're doing our thing here and cruising along, making great time. My buddy's like, I wanted someone. I want somebody. Why don't we stop by that Del Taco and Barstow?
Speaker 1: You know that famous if you're in side, if you load the beef.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you go from California through the desert in California to to Vegas is like the original Del Taco alleged or one.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just a barstow, which is a desert town and they have certain items. They don't have it any other It's a Mexican If you're not familiar with Deltaco.
Speaker 1: It's a fast food Mexican restaurant.
Speaker 4: They claimed to be the very first Dell Taco.
Speaker 3: And who the hell knows if that's true or not, but we just go with it. And so my buddies I want to eat at this barstow they'll talk.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, fine, we'll stop.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I'm not gonna I don't really want to break my fast with this or whatever I do, So I'm not really going to do that.
Speaker 1: So we got right back on the road.
Speaker 3: He ate in the car were cruising along, and then I was like, you know what, I will break my fast at the Mad Greek in Baker for one of those.
Speaker 1: Really good shakes. And that's the way to go, the Mad Greek.
Speaker 3: And so I've always stopped there over the years, you know, twenty plus years, probably thirty years now going to Vegas, and so I was like, okay, And then by the time we got the Baker, unfortunately they're not They're no longer open out of an abundance of caution, Danny and a lack of employees. Ever since COVID. They used to be open all night. As I remember, they were only open till like one in the morning, but now they were already closed by the time we got.
Speaker 4: The Baker Woo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sucked.
Speaker 3: So by the time we got to Baker's probably like a little after ten, and I was bummed out.
Speaker 1: So I was like, ah, whatever, So we get back.
Speaker 3: We just keep going through the desert, and all of a sudden, we get a little bit past Baker, a little north of Baker, and that's the last stop before you get to the Nevada border and you get to prim Nevada, which is a little desert tent. So we all of a sudden, I see nothing but red lights, a sea of red lights, a tail light delight, and all of a sudden, we are now completely stopped in the middle of the California desert, just north of Baker, and we're not moving. All of a sudden, it's Baker, the Headache Maker, and we're like, well, this will probably clear up pretty quick. You know, No, we stayed there, and the whole time we stayed there, the map, the app.
Speaker 1: We were using on the phone, time added time at it.
Speaker 4: You know, you're the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe we were there ninety minutes to two hours stopped nothing. People are getting out of their cars pissing in the desert on the side of the road.
Speaker 1: It was wild, right, it was what it was, a total shit show.
Speaker 4: Estimated time in traffic fifty seven minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this four hour trip at night with no traffic turned into a journey. By the time we got to the hotel in Vegas, it was after one thirty in the morning. It was a seven hour drive that was supposed to be a four hour drive, which is actually a little bit faster because the last time I went to Vegas, which is like two weeks ago, it took eight hours to get to Vegas, So this took only seven hours. So I picked up an hour and asked for the trip.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was relatively good. I did not have success gambling.
Speaker 3: I lost a couple of baseball games in the final at bat, which killed me. The biggest bet that we made was the Golden State Warriors game one Oh No, when Andrew Wiggins missed that wide open three point shot and brick and then Sacramento ended up winning.
Speaker 1: The Kings were favored by like one one and a half and the Warriors make that shot, they win the game.
Speaker 3: So that that was a bummer. Didn't eat a lot because I kept my diet going. I did have and I recommend this place if you're going around looking for a place.
Speaker 1: To eat, Danny.
Speaker 3: It's got the malorous seal of approval. It's called Bobby's Burgers.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been there?
Speaker 3: No, it's at Hera's Hotel at Casino, right there in the middle of the strip. Bobby's Burgers. One of those TV chef guys runs the place, or he puts his.
Speaker 4: Name on it, Bobby Flay.
Speaker 1: I think that. I think you might actually be right. I don't even remember that. I don't know a lot of those I know, like two TV chefs, But Bobby's Burgers. It's at Hera's. Really good.
Speaker 3: It's like a higher class version of shake Shack. If you like shake Shack, It's like a better It's a little pricey. I do not recommend getting a fountain drink. I was gonna get a fountain drink and I was like, yeah, add the found drink. They were charging like six point fifty for a fountain drink.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm good, I don't need that.
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 1: No fountain drink.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is famous chef Bobby Flay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's really it's a solid burger and there's hardly any vegetables on the menu, which is like right in my wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: It's just it was really good.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't know, you know, these TV people, I don't know if I want one of those TV chefs burgers, but I would go back there.
Speaker 1: In fact, I probably will go back there next time I'm in Vegas.
Speaker 3: It wasn't too bad for a burger and fries and they have onion rings, all right, not bad?
Speaker 5: Yeah, board, He's got a really good show on the network. It's called Beat Bobby Flay.
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that a pervert?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that a joke?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 5: I mean there's two other chefs on the show. They're you know, they're professional chefs from big time restaurants and they all come onto the show and compete agagainst him to try to take him out.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I thought you were doing like a masturbation joke or something like that.
Speaker 4: What But no, the show is called Beat Bobby Flay.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe they didn't think the title through, but that is the name of the show.
Speaker 3: Is that like an iron chef type thing where they're all competing.
Speaker 5: The first round is the two chefs go against each other one item, needing to be the star of the dish, and then the judges pick which one of the two did a better job of that. Then that person goes up against Bobby Flay in the final and they get to pick their signature dish that he's unaware of and they have like a half hour to prepare it, and then they have master judges at the end who blindly tastes test.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, there you go. I feel like I work for the Food Network right now.
Speaker 3: You should, you should be a pr person for the Food So if you want to hear what it's like to have a guy's weekend in Vegas, this story here is going to sum up exactly the life of a big time radio personality in Sin City, Lost Wages, Nevada.
Speaker 1: So it's Saturday night.
Speaker 3: I have just lost a massive bet tons of money on the Golden State Warriors and it's all gone to hell, right, it's called gun to hell. So my buddy's like, hey, you know, he's a little bummed out. He might he may or may not have been drinking whiskey and he's like, hey, I need to take a nap. So I was like Okay, if you need to take a nap, who am I to stop you from taking a nap? So my pal falls asleep at nine to thirty on a Saturday night in Vegas. He's completely song. And I assume when somebody says they're going to take a nap, a NAP's a half an hour maybe and maybe at the most an hour. And I said, that's fine.
Speaker 1: And Vegas is open all night for the most part. The casinos are anyway, so I was like, there's no problem.
Speaker 3: So I was like, oh wait, I'll wait for him to wake up. So I get to ten o'clock. He's still sleep. I get to ten thirty nothing. I'm thinking maybe I should wake him up, but I'm like, I'll be good.
Speaker 1: He wants to sleep. We get to now eleven, so now he's been to sleep for an hour and a half. He starts snoring. So I get to eleven thirty. Nothing. I now get to midnight. He still So you know what I did, Danny, I.
Speaker 4: Left, Yeah, by yourself.
Speaker 1: I left.
Speaker 3: He was completely locked out, and I then proceeded from midnight till three in the morning. I wandered by myself. I'm a pretty big guy around random streets. I started out on the Fremont Street experience, where you can find any kind of sodom and gomora type activity there. So I walked around Fremont Street, down around different streets. I went to places I'd never been. I walked very casually for about three hours, and I stopped at casinos and I was people I was really just people watching. It was like being at a zoo. It felt like I was at the Bronx Zoo or something of the San Diego Zoo. And I ended up walking five miles just randomly, just wandering around. I also got high from the second I didn't. I don't smoke weed, but I there was enough weed there that I was.
Speaker 1: I was good smoke weed every day.
Speaker 3: And if I could bottle the smells of Vegas. The smells of Vegas are a combination. Here's my cologne to s up walking around my experience downtown Vegas, weed, piss, and shit. If you could combine equal parts weed, piss and shit, you were smoke, well, yeah, that's I guess that's included in the weed too.
Speaker 1: That's you're absolutely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I would feel like that's half the perfume bottle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that's the smell of Vegas in the year of our lowerd twenty twenty three, and my lungs were hurting. My lungs were hurting from all of the different smells that were going to my my lungs. I guess I was a bad tour guide for myself, Danny, I guess that's the problem.
Speaker 5: A couple of days ago, while I was still in Sherman Oaks, I got hit up by an old radio coworker who is visiting LA from Madison, Wisconsin. And of course she used to live out here in Cali. The second person, the co host on our morning show. Really cool people always got along with her and her family. Now we hardly I don't know about you, but I might go on LinkedIn like twice a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the same way unless you're looking for a job.
Speaker 3: It's not unless you want to send random birthday messages to people that you hardly know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or celebrate a ten year work anniversary.
Speaker 1: I want a mature guy.
Speaker 5: But she let me know that she was here in Los Angeles and she wanted to stop by when she was in the valley. She wanted to stop by the Sherman Oaks building and take a little tour. So I know our bosses are not fond of guests in the daytime just stopping by out of nowhere. There's still some super vibe around as you know, into the late afternoon. So I made sure to clear it with our boss and I was just like, hey, she just wants a quick tour while she's in Sherman Oaks and he's like, yeah, no problem. But one thing I didn't take into account, Big Ben. We now have brand new digs, state of the art studios that we're about to move into.
Speaker 4: When is the big date?
Speaker 1: That is Tuesday, Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Tuesday Tuesday, just a couple days away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So unfortunately she was a week too early on her visit.
Speaker 4: But I thought, hey, you know, I could still show her.
Speaker 5: No because our engineers leave at three and thirty in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: Oh they're on contractor time, which is whenever they want to leave, they leave.
Speaker 1: What the hell.
Speaker 5: And the thing is, they have not updated our key cards to include access to these new facilities, so they lock these doors.
Speaker 4: They put yellow tape on.
Speaker 5: The front of them right now basically saying stay out, get out.
Speaker 4: And you're not allowed in here.
Speaker 1: Yet it looks like a crime scene.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, these being the old half Steve Harvey and half Rush Limbaugh. I did the best I could to kind of, you know, tell them how it used to be a Denny's, and how the great Rush Limbaugh used to grace the hallways there occasionally.
Speaker 4: How you stole a pen from Steve Harvey.
Speaker 1: And Rush Limbaugh by the way, but I got a Limbo.
Speaker 3: It was from his hotel, But I got a Limbaugh pen and a Steve Harvey penn. And I've been there so long, Danny, before Limbaugh and before Harvey, there was a show called rock Line that had a live studio audience out of that studio. Is rock Line even still on the air anymore?
Speaker 4: Probably not, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: But I felt like the worst tour guide in the history of tour guides, because not only could I not open these doors to show her and her ride the studios, I had them doing that peek in thing where they're like this with their hands trying to look through the glass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's that's note.
Speaker 5: Oh and you can't see shitting there like that. And then I walked down the hallway. Two of our editors are like slapping each other like a locker room.
Speaker 4: It just and then the.
Speaker 5: The producer for the show that was on at the time, was eating like Greek food at the counter. I didn't even know how to, you know, like you you feel like maybe in the fourth quarter you could come back. Yeah, I dug myself such a hole. There was no coming back from that. So after they left, I was like, man, I bet they're going to talk about how shitty this tour was when they leave.
Speaker 1: Well, you said, they're radio people like that.
Speaker 5: One of them was super impressed, because what casey case I'm nicky six. Yeah, but the person that gave her a ride was like, who cares. I'm like an LA person, you know, a big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not impressed.
Speaker 3: Well, you gave an authentic experience. You gave an authentic radio experience. And I've I've also learned like those tour guides, you know when you go on the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland, they've got the whole script, or you go to see Dodger Stadium or Finway Park, like they have all the stories.
Speaker 1: They know like when we get here, we got to tell this story. You don't know any of that.
Speaker 3: Stuff, right, You're not. You're not a tour guide, so how would you memorize. Well, here's where Casey Casem almost died when he Ben Maller ran him over. You don't know that, right, you can't. I mean who knows that. There's very few people that know that. Or this is where Brian Cox got upset with somebody and you know, screamed at him and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: Or or here where j Moore uh did some some stuff where his dogs used to drink their water.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: I told him the story about the bat that got trapped inside.
Speaker 1: Our studios multiple times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, told him about the cockroaches and how it used to be at Denny's.
Speaker 3: Were they impressed. One of my favorite radio stories is when a car was on fire out on Which was that so Pulvta I think, yeah, Paulvita and somebody at the company broke the glass container for the fire extinguisher to put out the car that was on fire, and then was reprimanded for because it's very expensive to get a new new glass case for the fire extinguisher. Because they had, they'd cost a lot of money. All those people at the company I'm sure are gone now, Danny. This is old people it's a long time ago.
Speaker 1: But just a wonderful story.
Speaker 3: You save someone from a car burning up, and that is what you get. You could also point out where the studio was shot at. That's always always a good story.
Speaker 4: Was it with a bomb? Peen hammer? Remember was there for that?
Speaker 3: There was the homeless person that defecated on the glass.
Speaker 2: Dick poop, dick pope.
Speaker 3: That's happened multiple times. Always fun for the kids. They liked that story. Family fun right, what could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 4: And calling you in for the next tour?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well the eleven Heaven Danny. This is just a quick note and adndum as you are in Vegas, so Vegas is no longer cheap. They will gouge you at every turn. The food isn't cheap. They nickel and dimeya. It was a much better place when the mob ran Vegas, and we wish we could go back to that. So anyway, parking is it drove me insane when I was with my wife the last time I was in Vegas, because she she was fine paying for parking. I hate paying for parking. If there's a way around paying for parking, I'm into it. So I present now what I call eleven heaven my frugal tip of the weekend. If you're ever visiting Las Vegas and you happen to be driving there or have a rental car, I will save you anywhere from twenty to forty dollars a day. I will now give you the eleven Las Vegas hotels either on the strip or near the iconic Las Vegas Strip that have free parking free parking. There are eleven left. That's it. Eleven. All the big ones charged for parking, the Bellagio, MGM Grand, all of the mass Circus Circus, they all charge for parking. But does I say circus Circus.
Speaker 4: That's not a big moe And you literally did all the legwork on.
Speaker 3: This unless I did. But here are the eleven Treasure Island. This is where I park. Treasure Island Hotel and Casino, which is a few hotels down.
Speaker 1: From Caesar's Palace to the north. So I parked there.
Speaker 3: Circus Circus does have free parking, but that's pretty far away.
Speaker 4: That's a long that's a long haul.
Speaker 3: Yeah, another one that I should have parked at. But you have to go down Las Vegas Boulevard to get there, and it's a pin of the ass is the Venetian Hotel and resort free parking there, the Tropicana, which has a really good location, free parking, the Strat Hotel, Casino and Skypod. They also have free parking, the Sahara Free Sahara Las Vegas free parking, something called Resorts World, I don't know what that is, but they have free parking, the Win and Encore, but I think Encore is going away.
Speaker 1: They're building a they're building a giant Guitar.
Speaker 4: And the wind is where I'm at right now.
Speaker 3: But the Encore, I believe they're building a giant guitar hotel, so that's going away. Best Western plus Casino, Royale, Strip Center that'll be for parking, Travel Lodge by Windom, Las Vegas Center Strip free parking, and the Rio, which is not even really near the strip right it's across the freeway. You got to walk over a freeway a highway to get get back to the strip. But those are the eleven hotels that still have free parking, which is somewhat close to the strip.
Speaker 1: So if you want to save yourself.
Speaker 3: Twenty or forty dollars a day, you can spend that buying one appetizer at one of the restaurants in Vegas, the forty dollars.
Speaker 1: And you're good to go. So there is that good luck. I'm sure he'd be doing this.
Speaker 4: Yes, a good life act. Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: The backscratcher, our desperate effort to get to four hundred reviews on the Apple podcast page. This week, Danny, did we get zero, two or three reviews?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say two.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, Nanny, you are wrong. We got three reviews. Happy to be wrong, and these are really important reviews. The people love the podcast. King Hairlaw LOLd hair LOLd.
Speaker 1: H A R L O L D.
Speaker 4: Easy for you to say at Harold.
Speaker 3: The King, but not King James. He gave us five stars. He says, not bad. The podcast is pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's what he wrote.
Speaker 4: Well, sounds like something our wife would say.
Speaker 1: Ringing endorsement, A ringing endorsement.
Speaker 3: Next up is a falls Apologist, Ball's Apologist. He gave us five stars. He says it cuts it into thirds. Longtime listener to the Ben Maller Show and listen to Ben and Danny g for the first time this week. I was pleasantly surprised. Ben obviously needs some coaching on cooking brisket.
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: My brisket was great, but he says it is a good show unless it's not, so thank you. Vall's apologist appreciate that last one is from Wilkes from Cincinnati, and he says, very enjoyable.
Speaker 1: Five stars Ben and Danny G.
Speaker 3: Who could ask for a better, better duo to carry on an hour a week?
Speaker 1: This is more. This is more than an hour. This is this is three hours of content.
Speaker 5: Yeah almost three. I mean each show averages around forty minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's it anyway, says great duo, blah blah blah, you know, and a lot of nice these boy people are very nice. Unless they're not. People are very nice, and he says I jumped all over this after hearing about it on.
Speaker 1: Ben's Surreal Overnight Show.
Speaker 3: Huge fan of both and really missed Danny G since the OutKick Show, so when I heard he was on here and had I had to give a listen. Haven't missed an episode. Always look forward to the totally original Animal Kingdom because it just kind of reminds me of Animal Thunderdome, although not similar at all. Don't don't even think about canceling this show, Radio suits.
Speaker 5: You know the best part about your ripoff Animal Kingdom is that I've been able to use our Safari Kingdom. Rather, I've been able to use Clay Travis drops talk.
Speaker 1: Oh well, that's good.
Speaker 3: See we're promoting Clay who is the new Rush Limbaugh's that people always wonder who's going to replace Rush Limbaugh And it's somebody that we know, you know better than me, but Clay Travis. That's wild that we know the person who's in the Rush Limbaugh chair, the greatest, most powerful chair in radio, and he's got it. Who knew shocking and he's had it for years. And this show's doing.
Speaker 1: Well, right, everything's going good over there on that show as far as we know, as far as I know, very cool. We have a little time left for scient Typical.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get SI Typical, SI and Typical and Here we Go are the.
Speaker 4: Only things we don't have theme music for.
Speaker 1: Ohio O's working on that right now. Any song you.
Speaker 5: Want to recommend, Danny, Yeah, use the Weird Science song Weird Science.
Speaker 1: But make sure it's not the actual Weird Science. Because we're allowed to do parody.
Speaker 3: You can do you can do parody on a podcast and then and that's the way we're doing. So here's exciting news. A cure for gray hair is on the horizon. Where have we heard this before? Scientists claim they have discovered the mechanism for the color change. I know what the mechanism is. It's getting old, that's the mechanism. It's having people around you get sick and dying, and frustration from work and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: What I do to keep the gray hair away? Take long naps like your buddy did in Vegas? Wow?
Speaker 3: Oh my yeah, just go to bed at nine thirty in Vegas on a Saturday night. Anyway, they assidentists believe that graying is due to the immobility of stems, you know, the stem cells, and so this, they say, could could's a weasel word. Could help them find treatments to move cells and thus reverse graying. And whoever comes up with this, whatever person comes up with this, and they will be the richest people on the planet, right if they are able to. If you can take a pill and you're a supplement and you're not gonna have gray hair, who's not gonna take that?
Speaker 1: Everyone will take that is gonna take that absolutely. What else do we have?
Speaker 4: Let's see.
Speaker 3: Uh, I think this one's bullshit, but we'll use this one. It says that fewer Americans are dying of obesity related cancers because of calorie counting menus. That's according to a new study out of Boston. And they're claiming that it's all because they started. This is from Tufts University, and they claim that now consumers are avoiding they're avoiding high calori foods. They're consuming twenty to sixty calories per meal, reduction significant enough to prevent twenty eight thousand cancer cases while saving the US economy two point eight billion dollars. You want to bet this somehow is tied back, this study to people that recommended calories are put on menus. Danny that somehow this is connected to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it still ruins the dining experience because if I like something, I like it and I don't want to see that it's nine hundred and fifty calories right when I go to order it.
Speaker 3: It's a buzzkill. It is absolutely buzzkill, and I don't buy it. I think what has cause people to order things that have less calories is the price of things. I think that is the most important indicator. That you get as much food as you can afford, and if you can't afford the most calory rich food, you're going to get something that you can't afford.
Speaker 1: It has people.
Speaker 3: I think most people they get like you, Danny, they're kind of annoyed by it, but it's not going to stop them from getting it.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that. I don't buy it.
Speaker 4: It should be a discount off of the menu price. So if it's nine hundred and fifty calories, it should be nine dollars and fifty cents off the entree. There you go. I liked it.
Speaker 3: Well, here's exciting news of you are into UFOs.
Speaker 1: Story came out. You might have seen it this week.
Speaker 3: Over six hundred and fifty possible UFO sidings are currently being investigated by the Pentagon. The government officials over at the Pentagon said that earlier this week they admitted it. They acknowledged. This is from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said in this report that it had monitored five hundred and ten UFO sidings overall since twenty oh five. That was in January. It's a huge increase from twenty twenty one. When they said they only documented one hundred and forty four sightings, and they said there's a total of three hundred and sixty six new sightings that were reported in the January report. Twenty six were classified as drones, one hundred and sixty three of them were balloon like objects, six of them were aerial clusters.
Speaker 1: But what about all the rest? Do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do? Is that going to be the next pandemic, Danny? The next run on toilet paper, the next run on water? Is that going to be the thing?
Speaker 4: It was really good people watching the last time this happened.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that'll go, that'll go well, all right, we'll get out on that. Anything you want to promote, Danny. It is Saturday, Saturday, Saturday. We're chilling here in the podcast Dojo.
Speaker 4: You got any other Vegas tips?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, if you want just obviously the old ones. If you want free drinks, just go sit, sit at a table, they'll come by with the free drinks. But no, I don't. That's the only big money saving thing I have right now? Are you are you spending all weekend? Are you gonna be there? Till Monday or what's the plan here?
Speaker 5: We're going to head back on Sunday morning. Okay, So tonight it's the big Davis Garcia fight.
Speaker 1: Are you actually going to the fight?
Speaker 4: That is still to be determined?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is this a pay per view fight?
Speaker 4: Is that why?
Speaker 1: It must be payer?
Speaker 4: That's what. Yeah, it's one of the biggest pay per view fights of the year.
Speaker 3: And it would be wrong to watch that in Russian website. You should pay for that, You should face a full price. You should not watch that.
Speaker 1: At one of those illegal streams. You shouldn't the full amount.
Speaker 3: That's why Danny gets to go and Covino and Rich because they want you to pay for the fight.
Speaker 4: It helps.
Speaker 5: These two boxers really hate each other, like not just the fake pre fight hate each other, but they've been talking shit about each other and they can't even be near each other in the same room. A lot of people are salivating to see these two guys get in the ring together.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, maybe I will check that out myself, depending on my basketball playoff watching schedule, if I have any time and I don't have any of the honeydew things to do.
Speaker 1: With wife, Like, hey, you gotta do this.
Speaker 3: Come on, we'll get out on that. Have a great rest you day. Got the mail bag on Sunday. Thank you for the reviews. Remember Malor Merch this weekend. Last weekend, Monday is the deadline at six o'clock Eastern, three o'clock in the West. Malarmerch at gmail dot com. If you want one of these limited edition shirts for the Minnesota Malor Meet and greet, we're gonna try. I had to get these two years before the May twentieth meet and greet, so we had to cut off sales to Monday. And they are thirty five dollars plus shipping and handling, and it is the only item we have right now. If we sell a fair amount of ease, I can justify hopefully something for cheaper.
Speaker 1: That's the first thing I want to do. Something's a little cheaper than this. And then but this is limited and then you know, hats, T shirts, things like that, and so that's that's the plan. Have a great rest of your day and we'll catch you next time.
Speaker 4: Austa Pasta vopulation