Speaker 1: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter, and if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be old Buckle up and hold on time. We got it for you here it is strownberry.
Speaker 1: Let us thank you, nephew. Subject they hate when I bring the pastor. Dear Stephen Shirley. I'm a fifty three year old married woman and my husband is fifty seven years old. We have three children that live close to us, but they don't visit us like they used to. My husband became a pastor in his forties, but he was still working full time, so he never got to minister at our church. That all changed last summer and now it's very difficult to hang out with him. He thinks he's perfect and he loves to point out everyone else's imperfections. But the man that I married was very different. He was a fast food manager. He smoked weed and cigarettes, and he drank Hennessey. We met at a public pool, and that same day weucked everybody out of the women's bathroom and had sex for hours. Our friends know that my husband used to be a thug, so they are not fooled by his holy act. They have known my husband all of his life and used to buy weed from him. Now they hate when I bring the pastor around to hang out. He doesn't drink alcohol anymore, and he doesn't listen to secular music. His whole conversation is about salvation, and our friends avoid him. I do feel bad when I see him sitting alone at parties, but I don't want to be around him either. He is a great man, but he needs to loosen up and stop acting like he's never done any wrong. I had to talk with him about judging others and running our friends away, and he said that all he needs to be happy is me and the kids. Me and the kids need a break from him. How do I get him to understand that he's running off all of our friends. Well, I'm sure he understands that when you tell him that. But you do know that you're supposed to change when you give your life over to the Lord, right, and you become a pastor. You do know that the things you used to do, in his case, selling weed and the thug life and all that, he should leave that behind. He's a pastor now, and yes, his very presence will make other people uncomfortable in the room, but no one is perfect and he should try to live a life based on what Jesus would do. Does that mean he should be judging people and pointing out their flaws and imperfections. It does not mean that, but it does mean your husband is on a different path now. And while he should tell people about the good news and how it's changed his life, he doesn't have to cram it down other people's throats every time he sees them and make them, you know, leave the room and stuff. There's a time and place for everything. People will understand him more when they see example of how you know this change being a Christian has changed him for the better. You, as his wife, should support him, not get mad at him. So I say, talk to him about his new life, about his new self, because you guys need to figure out how this change is affecting your marriage moving forward, and it is affecting your marriage because it's clear that you don't like the new him, Steve.
Speaker 3: Everything Shirley said is true. I'll be coming to past and giving your life to Christ, changing your life all that. I don't want to go over there. So because she did that fight as good as you could do it. Everything she said is correct. But here the problem though we knew you when, and that's the problem he got. You can't keep going to the swim pool and don't swim. You can't keep going to the swim pool. Don't get in the water. Now I'm going a different angle. So very good answer, Shirley, very good. All of it was correct. You were fifty three year old married and you weren't to your husband. It's fifty seven. You know, we got three kids. They don't come by no more. They didn't tied to you in your hoods. He became a pastor in his forties, but since he worked full time, he never got to minister at our church. That ain't the only reason. A lot of people pastors work full time minister at their church. So that ain't the reason he ain't minished in at the church. He probably can't preach, that's.
Speaker 2: Probably the key.
Speaker 3: Probably that's when church deacon board didn't hurt him stand up and doing a couple of announcements, and they're just not finna give him forty minutes at the mic to deliver the word. Everybody saved can't be a preacher, see it ain't nobody want surely ain't gonna say that in the letter. But I'm here for you. Everybody saved ain't called. Some people say they passed us and they got called by who who called you? All these calls ain't from the Lord. I can tell you that right now. I got the call to go pursue my career and I had a family. That call wasn't directed just like that. But that's what I thought I heard when I answered, And guess what, it wasn't the way I should have did it. Everybody called ain't called by God. Now changed last summer, and it's difficult to hang out with him because he think you perfect, and he loved to point out everybody else's perfections.
Speaker 2: Well that ain't.
Speaker 3: Your job as a pastor is to draw people, not to run people off. That's why he ain't ministering at the church because he got it wrong. You say, but the man you married was very different. He was a fast food manager. He smoked weed and cigarettes, and he drank hennessy. Y'all met at a public pool, and that same day we locked everybody out of the women's bathroom and had sex for hours.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 3: Hours in the women's bathroom at the public restroom at the swimming pool. Where was y'all at for hours? It's a sinking Now, it's a toilet in there. Where was y'all at for all these hours? Ain't nothing in that comfortable?
Speaker 2: You thought it was ours?
Speaker 3: Y'all was in there about maybe four hours, but not for hours.
Speaker 2: So it ain't.
Speaker 3: Nobody knocked on that door, came in, Hey, what's going on in Now?
Speaker 2: I got to pee? Ain't nobody said?
Speaker 3: Our friends know that my husband used to be a thug, so they ain't.
Speaker 2: Fooled by his holy act. And now I see right there.
Speaker 3: If you really are saved, then it shouldn't be thought of as an act.
Speaker 2: We'll get into that when we come back.
Speaker 1: Hang on, Steve. We'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry letters subject they hate when I bring the pastor we'll get back into it right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Do you ever notice your flora is still look dirty even after you mop? Power Mop gives you a deeper clean you can see and feel.
Speaker 2: Unlike stream mops.
Speaker 4: Swart for power Mop absorbs more dirt and locks it away even and hard to reach places like behind the toilet. The new micro scrubbers deliver thousands of tiny, deep cleaning actions for results that look, smell, and feel clean. No more dirty floors. Try the Sweart for power Mop. Love it or your money back?
Speaker 1: All right, Come on, Steve, Let's recap today's Strubberry letter. The subject is they hate when I bring the pastor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the past is your husband fifty seven?
Speaker 2: You fifty three? Y'all met? Uh? You know while gold.
Speaker 3: You know your husband became a pastor in his forties, but he was still working full time, so he never got to minister at our church. The reason he didn't minister at your church is because he can't preach. I'm just gonna go on and say that to you, because over the years there's been plenty many times pastor couldn't make it and they bought in a guest pastor because your husband can't preach. And how you just become a pastor just because you got saved. I got saved, No good will. I don't need to be the pastor because it's just certain things I don't do that's pastorial. Like I'm not gonna I'm not gonna visit the sickest shut in. You shut in for a reason, so with what is I'm down here for? And Lord, no, I'm not finna catch what it is you've got, So I'm not gonna be visited on the sickest shut in. Don't call me in the middle of the night for prayer.
Speaker 2: And pray.
Speaker 3: Then in the morning let me know if the prayer got answered, then I'll pray with you and that love offer. It's gonna have to be a designated salary. I'm not gonna be sitting up in here waiting to see what y'all gonna put in this box.
Speaker 2: I need a designated salary.
Speaker 3: And seeing this how that I've been in the business, I've been in for a long time, I'm gonna need a dollar y'all got coming up through that. So see number one reason why I'm not a pastor. Your husband ain't a passer and never been a pass at the church because he can't pridge. He was a fast food manager, smoke weed, sole cigarettes. I mean he has drank cigarettes and drank Henderson, smoked cigarettes, drank Henson. Y'all met her at a public pooling on that same day. Y'all locked the bathroom door to the women's that had sex for hours. Okay, great lady, don't know what this information for right here. Our friends know that my husband used to be a thug, so they are not fooled by his holy act. Is it an act? Is it really an act? Because either he saved or he not his holy act. They have known my husband all his life and hear the big one for me used to buy weed from him. Oh he ain't just smoke me. He was the plug dope boy.
Speaker 2: Nino. Yeah, Nino Brown got a church.
Speaker 3: Nowa yeah jack pot joint of Jerusalem yourself. Now, they hate him when I bring the pastor around to hang out. He don't drink alcohol anymore. Okay, that's a good thing. He don't listen to secular music, now that that's hard though, No secular music, so you know what is he listening to at the party. His whole conversation is about salvation, and our friends hate avoid it. I feel bad when I'm seeing him sitting alone at the party. Ww's the pastor at the party. See, you can't go to the pool and not swim. He you hate when he sit alone at the party. Why is he at the party? He know he the party pooper. He don't listen to secular music. Louth on one twelve knocking the boots. He over there humming at the cross And how does work knocking the boots?
Speaker 5: Pull up to the bumper, baby, you know, yeah, I'll killing on everybody.
Speaker 3: He just over there just humming church Son his whole conversation about salvation. They'll feel bad when he's sitting alone at the party. But I don't want to be around Tom either. He's a great man, but he needs to loosen up and stop acting like he's never.
Speaker 2: Done anything wrong.
Speaker 3: See, if you go witness, then witness to people with how you work. There's a pastor I'm not gonna mention his name who's online all the time, and all he do is talk about other people. All he do is talk about other people. He picked celebrities out. I done been in his mouth beyond Saint Ricky Smiley. You just talk about people, don't never heard him mention anything about what he did wrong, what God saved him from.
Speaker 2: Nobody want to hear that.
Speaker 3: Man, tell us what you've been through, because if you get saved, you got to get saved from something. I had to talk with him about judging others and running our friends away, and he said, all he needs to be happy is me and the kids. Well, me and the kids need a break from him. How do I get him to understand that he's running off all of our friends. Well, hell, that's easy. You run off see. Oh yeah, you got to get people's attention. But see that's that new saved person though. Oh they be extra exuble when they first find the Lord. Oh they be extra I got a partner that's a pastor right now, and I didn't know he was a pastor until about maybe twelve years ago. I ran up into him somewhere.
Speaker 2: Went to college.
Speaker 3: He'll pass and the whole time he talking to me, I remember him from college. That's the person I remember. I was getting acquainted with the new pastor. Now i've known him. Now we've been.
Speaker 2: Together for about twelve years and we hang out a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm still working through a couple of things I've heard him say.
Speaker 1: Boaster comments, So I get it on Today's Strawberry Letter and he's so we.
Speaker 2: And he's so we.
Speaker 1: On Instagram and Facebook. All right, check out check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app. Free Never Sounded So good. You can download it today now. Coming up at forty six minutes after the hour, we got Junior and sports talk. Right after this, you're
Speaker 2: Listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show