Speaker 1: So the last two weeks, thanks to Deadpool versus Wolverine and Sync has entered the rotation of indie's music.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it is just every every day, but it's sent me down this path of like, you know, there's this this cool tradition that I really do love of movies going back and pulling like a song, like a pop song from a from another era, like from a decade or two decades or even.
Speaker 3: More, and repurposing it for a movie. You know, and Guardians the Galaxy is famous exactly Guardians of the Galaxies.
Speaker 1: But my favorite ones are the ones that take a song that might have been like okay, like or it was just it was like background noise or just a pop song, and then it becomes like suddenly like really emotional in the new context, Like.
Speaker 3: Did you guys see Eighth Grade?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it's a great bow Burnham movie. And there's this they used like sail Away by Christophers Across. Yeah yeah, no, no, no, no no, no, oh no, you're thinking of sticks come sail away.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's the it's no what's or like, I mean, okay.
Speaker 1: The even better one is like did you ever see Monster? Where they used Don't Stop Believing during the roller skating rink. Yeah, okay, So I've always had and like I have like a series of songs that are like that for me, and like the one that I someday, I don't think it's been done yet, like it hasn't been like repurposed for a movie, but it's like, for whatever reason, it's so well. I actually think I have a very specific case, but it's so emotional for me, and it's like kind of a forgotten but we all know it. And I someday I'm gonna be able to make a movie and I'm gonna have a very like emotional scene where I use this pop song. I have a like deep and abiding and unironic love for the sign by ace of Bass.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, I love that, but like what is the song about?
Speaker 1: Like the litt mean nothing to me, but anytime it comes on my heart, just like I'm like right back in the nineteen nineties and I get this like, oh, it's just like this rush of like nostalgia. I mean, obviously it's all nostalgia, but yeah, oh the other one was crash into me the way that Lady Bird used crashing for me, right like when you when a song that was like just kind of part of the background of an era becomes like suddenly the centerpiece of the movie. So, but my bodes used to make such fun of me for Ace of Bass to sign You're much fun of me because you liked it. I liked it, and I had the single and it was like, you bought the Ace of Base album.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's the single, like we have. We would literally fight.
Speaker 5: About it and that's the end of the Day's funny. I'm right, because they're awesome. It's a but I just like for me, okay. So I actually have a very distinct memory of being on the cruise, the dreaded Cruise, and there was a there was a dance party that everybody was going to, and of course I just did not want to go do and I was having all these like, you know, issues with my friend Aaron was on the cruise and everybody else who was like.
Speaker 3: Will you have to go? You have to go?
Speaker 1: And I was like I'm not going to go, and and like I got dragged to and I was finally like I'm just I have to get out of here.
Speaker 3: And I was so overwhelmed.
Speaker 1: Get back to my room and then like I was trying to leave and that song came on, and I just remember, you know, kind of loving the song and watching everybody dance and me feeling like completely alienated in this moment, like I don't want to be at this dance party. I'm so uncomfortable. I hate being here, but I kind of love this song, and so I had like this like such a layered, you know, set of feelings. And then like you know, I never put on that song or whatever, but to this day, if it comes on, like if I'm somewhere and suddenly the sign comes on, I'm like right back there, and I just have this like, oh so someday, mark my words, it'll be you know, if I ever get to make that feature film that it makes sense and then that it'll be like to throw in that nineties pop song.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it because.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 5: Do it.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you guys like that song too.
Speaker 4: It's greatat it's a great song. I remember being obsessed with it. Absolutely. They had one other song that I also.
Speaker 3: Saw, All that you Want.
Speaker 6: Yep, She's Dumbe.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's a great, great band. Yeah, incredible. Well, welcome to pod Meats world. I'm Daniel Fishl, I'm rather strong, and I'm will Forde. So welcome to today's episode recap. It is season five, episode twenty three, Things Change. It originally aired May eighth, nineteen ninety eight. The synopsis Corey has problems accepting all the changes that are happening around him. It was directed by Alan Myerson. It was written by Matthew Nelson and Bob Tishler.
Speaker 6: Did they ever write other episodes together?
Speaker 3: Interesting combo, I wonder what happened some of us have written the first draft?
Speaker 5: And then does Bob Tishlar normally did he normally have writing credits?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: I wonder is this just an IMDb thing? Or was it actually also in the credit?
Speaker 6: Oh? Interesting?
Speaker 4: I don't wonder what the story was. So before I jump into our guest stars.
Speaker 6: What are your overall thoughts?
Speaker 3: We'll go you go first. I don't know. I don't know what to think anymore.
Speaker 5: I didn't I didn't dislike it. I didn't like it. I wish I started to realize I was as I was watching the episode last night, that it seems like they had no plan for season five. That's when that's what was coming to me, where it was like, now Sean's a photographer and he's going to give up everything for a photography. It's never been mentioned, there's never even been an inkling of the fact that he wanted to be a photographer. I mean, it's like it seemed like they just had no plan. And I liked I liked Corey being Corey again at the beginning and kind of the caper of not you know, I'm going to get people to not go to school so Sean can go to school. I mean, it seemed kind of very Corey and topangat kind of joining the caper ome okay, But I just I don't know anymore. And it wasn't like I hated it. It wasn't like I liked it. I really don't know what to think about this entire season. And that's more what I was thinking about as I was watching this episode more was like I don't because as I'm scrolling down, I see that, oh my god, we only have the graduation left, like we're done with season five essentially we have one left and then they're engaged, ye, And I'm kind of it made me more reflect on the journey we took through season five as compared to previous seasons, and it just seems really discombobulated to me, and so I again, the performances were fine. Eric is now off the rails officially.
Speaker 6: Also also the real voice of reason for Corey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but then the voice of the reason the duckiest thing I remember being funny. But also it's just now really strange. It Again, I didn't dislike it. It was just I don't.
Speaker 3: This is kind of I think going to be the lost season for me.
Speaker 5: And I'm hoping six and seven, when we get into college and it becomes more of an ensemble piece, is going to kind of bring it all back together.
Speaker 3: That's a serious hope for me. But it seemed really season.
Speaker 1: Five had a lot of bangers too, man like some of their Like I honestly think that we will have some of our favorite episodes.
Speaker 5: I think so too, But I also think that it has some of my least favorite episode, Like I think Starry Night might be my least favorite episode of the entire series.
Speaker 3: So it's that's what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's just it's a very discombobulated, seemingly hodgepodge thrown together season a little bit, and that's what this felt like to me. It wasn't a bad episode. I just was kind of like, where is this coming from? I didn't get a lot of it.
Speaker 6: That's what I would say, writer, I.
Speaker 3: Actually really liked this episode.
Speaker 1: I know exactly what you're saying, but I guess maybe I'm just I gave up and was sort of like what I you know, as somebody who's always been very scared of change and always wanting things to say the same, I can.
Speaker 3: Relate to it.
Speaker 1: I agree, like the Sean thing was just so like ugh, because and then I remembered, like, oh, right, in Girl Meets World, I think Sean is a photographer.
Speaker 6: You're likely travel travel, yeah, travel.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I was like, oh, because I didn't.
Speaker 1: Remember that when we were doing Girl's World. I was like, what, this is something that we planted, Like I thought he was a poet. I don't know, but I guess we did plant this seed out of nowhere. But also I do like I liked that Seawn is good at a job, and that's really what it took care of, like it it made sense with his character. I also just you know, hated Corey in the first scene and then loved that. That was kind of the point exactly like that. I love that that was the episode. I also think Lindsay Ridgeway is wonderful In this episode. They finally gave her something to do, and I loved her like and and Ben's dynamic and that.
Speaker 3: Scene was like, Wow, they're actually like letting.
Speaker 1: Her talk to another actor and not just be like wizbang one liner. She like had scenes and it was so cool to see. So there's a lot of I thought Matt Lawrence is sort of there was Again.
Speaker 3: You're right, there's a lot. There was a lot lot dislike it. I just didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 5: I think it's just it's another episode that's just kind of in a line of episodes that are a little it's just kind of what we need at the time, is what's happening in season five.
Speaker 3: I think that's just what I felt.
Speaker 1: The bigger problem for me with all of it is if I put it in the context of like other episodes where Corey has insisted on the world adjusting to his life, you know, like if I think about when you know, he's like, oh, everyone else knows, everyone else has assumed that Tapanga and I are going to bro break up, but no, we're to get you know, like that sort of certainty, like and all the starry night stuff like with this that certainty is supposed to be played for like he's being a bad friend or he's being a bad boyfriend. But it's like, but in other episodes, we're supposed to believe that the world will adjust because he's right, and like that was just frustrated.
Speaker 3: I was like, how can you have it both ways? Boy meets world? He can't like either.
Speaker 1: Corey needs to learn the lesson that he can't control everybody around him, and that's that, to me, is a way more interesting lesson and cooler. But so often our show has had him being this insistent on what he knows is right, and he is actually right. So that was like just a little in the back of my but as just on its own, as one episode was like this is actually it's pretty well.
Speaker 3: Done and I like it.
Speaker 5: I liked Corey, I liked I liked certain things where they toned it down a bit in this episode where he was like, Okay, I'm going to support you, but I'm not gonna quit trying to get and you're like, no, I get, I get that I get your like.
Speaker 3: I liked he's acknowledging that. He's like, I'm still going.
Speaker 5: To be a nudge, but I'm going to let you know. I'm gonna be a nudge, but I'm gonna support you. Like that was good, but yeah, it was just.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Yeah, writer, I had the same thought once it became that, oh, the entire lesson of the episode is do you need to respond better to circumstances that are out of your control because that's who defines who you are. Then I was like, Okay, now, I'm totally on board with the with the kind of very panicked, very controlling, a little off putting behavior from the beginning, because it's the whole point of it that you don't want to be that person. I thought Matt was really great and it, like you said, I loved, loved Lindsay and their whole dynamic. I thought the fact that the restaurant changing to.
Speaker 6: Very funny, I totally forgot that.
Speaker 3: By the way, Oh, did you remember that? I actually remember almost everything from this episode.
Speaker 5: I don't know why, but I remember kind of everything from this I remember working because that was Ricky right.
Speaker 6: Yes, exactly, that's very saf Checks very.
Speaker 5: Sta Check's wife, and I remember switching it over to Pegleg Pete's. And I remember this week because I think Love and I were like going through our breakup.
Speaker 3: During this week, are pretty close to it. We weren't together too much longer.
Speaker 6: After this was your spoon necklace missing.
Speaker 5: No, I still had the spoon necklace, but I distinctly remember.
Speaker 3: The exactly. Really, it's so funny.
Speaker 5: I look bigger in this episode, meaning like more built. And it's because we were both with the same personal trainer at the time, and that guy when we broke up, ended up selling our story to like Star magazine. Yeah, that's how I found out she was dating Carson Is because it was in Star Magazine. And then we Love and I talked about it afterwards. We compared the quotes and we were like, oh, that was our trainer, Like he he completely sold us down the river, and so I saw that my arms were bigger, and I was like, oh I was. I literally don't even remember the guy's name. I was like, oh, I was working out with what's his name at the time he went up to sell, so Yesna right within and I remember her being like, you know that guy sold our story and I was like no, and then we talked about it's like, oh god, you're right that that was him.
Speaker 3: So yeah, very strange.
Speaker 5: But yeah, So that's this whole, this whole week of Feenie leaving and the whole getting into.
Speaker 4: Colle One thing, you want to know, the one thing I remember the amount of times we had to emphasize jackson Hole. Literally, that's the one thing I remember about the episode jackson Hole.
Speaker 6: It's jackson Hole. Really, yes, another.
Speaker 4: Jackson Hole, over and over again, and every time somebody said it, I.
Speaker 6: Got chills in my spine, like, oh they did it, Oh, they did it right.
Speaker 5: I thought it was jackson Hole so close just hit the hit the sun at the end is what I thought it was.
Speaker 6: Here's okay.
Speaker 4: I do want to have my major point of contention with the episode, and it's this might sound very small and very nitpicky, but the fact that Sean says I'm not going to feel that way about college when we actually did an entire episode where he did very much feel that way about college really bothers me because they could use any other reason for why his preference is to get out into the workforce.
Speaker 6: I you know, literally anything.
Speaker 4: I feel like, you know, I've been waiting to start my life for so long. My parents are both gone, Who the heck even knows where they are.
Speaker 3: I gotta pay for this apartment, I pay for this.
Speaker 6: Accountment, and with Angela now I want to.
Speaker 3: Be Why not any acknowledgment of the Angela Shawn.
Speaker 4: The relationship and like him thinking about a future There there's a million reasons someone might say, I've found a passion that could make me a really good income and I could start my life now instead of going to college to try to figure out how to start my life. And and so that is the one thing that kept bothering me, was like, but he did find he did feel passionate about college, So don't make that the reason. Don't make the reason that he's guessing he's gonna hate college anyway.
Speaker 5: I also don't like I don't like when things could be changed with one or two lines, Like literally, if it's just like you know, Sean, you're really you've been a photographer for a month, yeah, and it's like, I know, but I love it. How long do I need to do it before I find out that I love it? That's all you need? And then it's like, it's fine, but no, it's now it's a foregone conclusion that now he's.
Speaker 3: A photographer, and it's like where did where?
Speaker 4: Well that happens, and they make it a very shallow reason that he likes it.
Speaker 6: Why on earth do you want to do this?
Speaker 4: And it's because there's a girl in a bikini even though you have a girlfriend, yes, so you know it already. It minimalizes the reason you love photography and trivializes it. So yeah, anyway, that's a little bit annoying, but okay. Guest starring Ricky Dale as Maria. This is her second Boy Meets World episode. She played Marnie in the season four episode Wheels. She's also shown up on Ali McBeal and Zoe Duncan, Jack and Jane. But as we said on her first episode, she got out of acting in two thousand and two and is now known as a talent manager. And then there's Robert high Gorman as David. Robert is best known as Walter in the movie Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead and as Alex in the first Leprechaun movie. He was in a ton of movies, though, including Mister Nanny, Rookie of the Year and Leatherheads and it looks like he left the business around two thousand and nine.
Speaker 6: And then there's Hyla Levy as Terry.
Speaker 4: This was Levy's first acting gig and her only other real appearance was on Buffy the Vampire s Layer in two thousand and one.
Speaker 6: We have David Packer as Jonathan.
Speaker 4: David appeared on TV shows like Saint Elsewhere and mash Will, Yeah Yeah, before he broke out in the TV mini series V in nineteen eighty three, and would later appear in movies like RoboCop and Almost Heroes. He co starred on V with actress Dominique Dunn, and during their first month of filming, he was in the house when she was killed by her ex boyfriend, which is a crazy story. So jumping into our recap, we are in Chubbies. Corey, Topanga, Sean, and Angela are sitting at a booth when Corey reveals he has four envelopes from the Office of Admissions at the University of Penbrook to Penga snatches them out of his hand.
Speaker 6: You robbed our mailboxes.
Speaker 3: He goes down one of them. My favorite is though, that Sean's like, I'm proud of you exactly.
Speaker 4: Angela reminds him, and Sean smiles, I am so proud of you.
Speaker 6: Callback to Penga reads her letter, I'm in. I did it. I'm in.
Speaker 4: They all cheer and Sean snaps a picture. Angela opens her letter next and lets out a dramatic sigh. Well, I guess not everybody can get in. The gang is shocked and the audience aws for her. Angela reveals a giant grin on her face. But I did Everyone cheers, and Sean snaps another picture. Corey's next. He checks his left and yells.
Speaker 6: I'm in. I'm in.
Speaker 4: Those idiots letting me in. Sean again takes a picture. Corey reminds everyone we have one more to go and let's not lie. This is a toughie. He tells Sean that no matter what happens, he loves him. Sean quickly opens his letter and reads through it. Waitlist, Tapanga and Angela's cheer for him, but Corey looks worried. Sean snaps a picture of himself with a big grin. Corey doesn't get it. Sean says, if all the spots don't fill up, with the people they've already accepted. He gets in. Corey's nervous. But the plan was for us to all go to school together. Sean shrugs, what's the big deal, We're always.
Speaker 6: Going to be friends.
Speaker 4: Valid, valid point, Sean, Yeah, Corey protests, No, no, no, everyone says that. Then they graduate from high school and they never see each other again. Sean asks, could that happen? Corey answers, I'm getting you into Penbrook. Sure, Topanga is now the bridest student. It's going to college with Corey and the same university that Sean is waitlisted at.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 6: Right, we're in, Well, I'm in okay. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well I literally wrote the note Holy Corey, come on, and.
Speaker 1: Then I was like, okay, at least that's where this episode is going.
Speaker 3: But the first reaction was.
Speaker 6: Like, oh my, I know.
Speaker 4: I had many notes throughout that. Then I ended up having to go back and just erase because there were so much of like a you are so self centered, and he was like, right, got it, that's the point.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: So we quickly transitioned to John Adams High. Corey's walking with a new classmate David in the hallway. Corey ac surprised. You're telling me that you got into New Jersey Turnpike Community College and you're going to Penbrook. That's crazy. David is obviously not convinced. He tells Corey everybody in my family went to Penbrook, then to Penga walks by. Corey asks her, in your opinion, which school is better, Turnpike or Penbrook? To Penga says, any school's better than Penbrook. Pennbrook's yucky. I love that to Beega isn't good at this, but does kind of go along with it. Corey asks, and what do you know about the Pike? Tapanga confesses I would never go there. I hear they have a promiscuity problem. The classmate's interest has been piqued. Tapega continues, Pike girls are way too easy. They never want a commitment. You go from girl to girl every day. The boy looks thrilled. Corey whispers to him, talk about shallow. David admits I didn't know any of this. I gotta go think, and he walks away. Tapanga tells Corey, I can't believe I'm helping you do this. I feel dirty. Corey explains, no, you're not helping me. You're helping Sean Tapango wonders. Do you really think you can kick people out of Penbrook to make room for him?
Speaker 6: Do you know how crazy you are? Corey spots another classmate, Barry.
Speaker 4: I'm assuming Barry sas Check named after Barry Schack. Did you think about what we talked about? Barry smiles, think about it, man, I am doing it. I am turning down Pembroke and going to Tahiti for six years.
Speaker 5: So this is the guy who was cast as me? Ohh, he's this guy has been on our show before? Has he looked so familiar to me?
Speaker 3: Just I think he was the one who was cast to be the shop to be Schneider. Wow, I'm pretty sure there he is.
Speaker 1: So it was like the next episode, you know, two episodes later they brought because they ended up not being Schneider. They we all played ourselves in the Eric Hollywood.
Speaker 6: He's not listed in here.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 6: No, it's so weird. I need to figure out who he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm ninety percent sure that's the guy who I was going to Oxidental with.
Speaker 5: Then, I've worked with him before. Then, he was in Trojan War, he was in something because I saw him.
Speaker 3: And I was like, Oh, that guy, Like I knew I made this guy from So maybe I don't know, we'll keep her eye on it. I'm yeah, Also, can we talk.
Speaker 5: Is Pembroke a good school? I think so, I mean, because it seems like Eric got in. It seems kind of like everybody getting.
Speaker 3: To Penn's State in that, like it's a big in Penn.
Speaker 5: State, a really good school, like a difficult school to get into, though, like when Eric got Independent State.
Speaker 3: I think it's it's it's.
Speaker 1: One of those schools it's hard to get in if you're from out of state. It's huge, you know, it's like it's like a UC school. It's like a big state school. So it's actually very big, and I think you can get it, you know, depending on the department.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's like it's a good school, but I don't think it's like impossible to get into because.
Speaker 3: It seems like everybody is going to Penbrook.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: I feel like, I mean that's the way I think Penn State is. Like if you go to high school in Pennsylvania and you have decent grades and you you know, you can probably get into some program at Penn State, like kind of like gotcha, Like, yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 3: Both my parents went to Penn State. It's a really good school, wasn't it. Yeah, but my.
Speaker 1: Dad had to go I'm trying to think something. I think my dad had to go to another like satellite campus before you could get accepted to the main ca you know whatever. He was coming from, like a not a great high school in Altoona or whatever. But yeah, like there are ways to you know, but like it's such a huge school that a lot of people go.
Speaker 6: Well to PENGA.
Speaker 4: Can't stay silent, Barry Penbrook gave you a full scholarship, Barry size. Yeah, when I told my dad, he took a swing me. He walks away and Corey is giddy. To Pega is not, I know you want us to all be together, but if it's meant to happen, it will. Corey insists, Oh, it's meant to happen, And if it's not meant to happen, I'll make it meant to happen. Another classmate catches Corey's attention, Craig, have you heard about today's army? To Pega watches him walk away and shock and then we do.
Speaker 5: A great ending scene sitcomank your head shaking and then straight up in the hand goes on the hip.
Speaker 3: It was like it was like.
Speaker 6: Com mom since I was fifteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, as a straight right.
Speaker 4: There girl meets World was always in my is always in my future.
Speaker 6: And then we've got a new set and storyline.
Speaker 3: Alert.
Speaker 4: We are at Sean's workplace. Sean is in a dark room developing photos. When Corey bursts through the door. I've convinced so many people not to go to Penbrook that you and I are going to be the only guys there. Sean frantically closes the door behind Corey. He's exposing his photographs. Corey looks around. It's dark in here. Sean sarcastically responds, that's why it's called a dark room. College boy, he owns only been there for three weeks. He can't get fired already. Corey assures him, after you graduate from Penbrook, your brass is going to be working for you. Shawn's unenthused. Come on, I'm just on the waiting list. I'm not waiting for anything here. Jonathan's already got me developing my own pictures. You know, doing good. Why could they not pick any of it?
Speaker 3: Why is it Jonathan again?
Speaker 6: Why does it appen immediately?
Speaker 3: Like, oh, we do reference Turner? I thought I was like, that's a cool.
Speaker 1: At least we talk about him off camera and that he inspires Sean, I.
Speaker 3: Know, different guy. You can't pick a different name. Why they do allion names?
Speaker 6: Why does it have to be jonn have so many freaking names?
Speaker 3: How did it not occur to them? How?
Speaker 6: How?
Speaker 3: I mean you you you can write in the script, I see, you can go through the week, but then or any of us like, did not you said it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: I mean I wonder if you at one point you were like, is it going to be Jonathan? Really? It just goes to show like how much we had just moved on from season four and just forgotten the Turner was ever a part of this story. So good. Next week is the graduation episode when he is mentioned, is mentioned.
Speaker 1: In a mocking way and yeah, making fun of the fact that he's no longer on the show.
Speaker 3: Way, yeah, yeah, we all thought the same thing.
Speaker 6: John is like what any other name?
Speaker 3: Literally, any other name? Anything? Yes, amazing, amazing, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Corey turns judgmental quickly. This is just a hobby. You can take these kinds of courses in college. Sean reminds him he might not get in. You want me to be smart, I'm smart to consider other options. Corey wonders what other options. Sean admiers his picture cool, it's finished and it's good. He asks Cory for his opinion. Corey's disappointed. I think you haven't listened to a thing I've said. Sean doesn't respond, so Corey throws his arms up in defeat and leaves. And this is where when I was upset.
Speaker 6: I was like, no, you're the one not listening, and I was like, okay, got okay.
Speaker 3: Also total we're talking to it. Picking.
Speaker 5: I think if you go back and look as Sean puts up the picture that he takes of Corey, he's got his hands up. I think when he did it in Chubbies he had the envelope in his hand, which was not in the photograph continuity. So I could be wrong, and that's just the way my mind works, but I'm pretty sure they had the thing in there.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Sean hangs up his photo to dry, and we see it's the picture of Corey after he got accepted into college, or perhaps it was a picture David Glazer took earlier in the week.
Speaker 6: That doesn't actually match. That's one two, one.
Speaker 3: Of the two. It was Fred Savage in that asure.
Speaker 4: And then we're in the Matthew's kitchen with Amy Allen and Eric. Books are sprawled across the kitchen counter. Eric points to a picture in one Ducky's.
Speaker 3: This is a famous scene.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is all the famous line alert coming up, Amy size, Come on, Alan, if we pick out the wallpaper together, it'll be more fun. Alan wines, It's not fun. It's torture. I've told you a thousand times, woman, I'm no good at this wallpaper? Is your business?
Speaker 6: Just gonna leave that there.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying.
Speaker 4: Eric.
Speaker 1: It was like okay on one level, but then went to Panga walks in I was like, oh.
Speaker 3: My goodness, is so when did they When did they start doing this with Alan? This seems like kind of.
Speaker 6: A season five thing, right, It is a new thing where it's I.
Speaker 4: Feel like a lot of a lot of their storylines in season five have been me, man, me, no care about stuff you care about?
Speaker 6: And she's like, but I like pink pillows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which wasn't them at all before. That's okay, Yeah, really because.
Speaker 1: Even like the minivan episode, I guess it wasn't it was just about It wasn't like male female.
Speaker 4: It was taking her sweet time making a decision, and I can get a great deal, and so she'll.
Speaker 5: Be so proud of me, and you pick the color. So I went and bought it. That that to me seems more real than just like, I'm not picking wallpaper wallpaper woman.
Speaker 4: Like wallpaper woman, it's your business for their their baby's room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're for your nursery.
Speaker 4: Like Eric chimes in Duckies. Amy tells her husband, I'm not doing it without you, It'll only breed anger and resentment. She begs him to simply tell her which one he likes best. Again, Eric shouts duckies, this time holding up his choice of wallpaper for the baby's room. Alan reluctantly looks at his two choices and picks a colorful striped wallpaper. Amy frowns no as she tosses the sample into the trash. Alan sighs and defeat, and Eric asks him, was that duckies no garbage? Then Tobengo walks in the back door and sees the wallpaper samples. Fun Corey follows in behind her, and Alan asks, so two weeks till graduation, how are you too holding up Tapega admits it's exciting but scary. Corey gets defensive, No, it's not scary. What's there to be scared about? Alan admits, for me, it was like jumping off a cliff, which we know is actually not scary at all. For Rusty, a man who repeatedly leaps off.
Speaker 3: Literally jumped off cliff.
Speaker 5: And also in the Alan storyline, he didn't go to college right away or at all, right, he went into the Navy.
Speaker 6: To the Navy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so yeah, I mean I was just wanting because again his dad also didn't go right to college. You figure he would have more of an open mind to there's all their alternatives to what you can do.
Speaker 3: From the store open.
Speaker 5: The Wilderness Morgan Morgan, Morgan works a little lot, not the same child in Philadelphia at.
Speaker 3: Anybody's jobs, right, like the parents.
Speaker 6: Just Shawn's Shawn's a photographer.
Speaker 5: Shawn's photographer. But other than that, now, got to imagine they still have.
Speaker 3: The Wilderness store. I think that's what they that's what they're going for.
Speaker 4: Corey pleads, somebody explained to me about the duckies before I hit him with a spoon.
Speaker 6: Alan explains it's for your room.
Speaker 4: Corey is confused, for my room, Eric screams at the top of his lungs Ducky's rule. He points out that he had duckies growing up, and obviously he turned out just fine.
Speaker 6: He twitched.
Speaker 3: Twitch.
Speaker 4: Alan tells Corey it's for the baby, but assures him not to worry. They won't read a rate until he moves out. Corey asks who said I'm moving out? I will when I go to college, but can we slow down.
Speaker 6: For a second. He admits he thought they'd keep his room the way it is.
Speaker 4: Eric whispers for that to happen, I think you have to be unexpectedly killed by a drunk or something.
Speaker 3: Pretty good line, actually good.
Speaker 5: I guess I was gonna say, or will oh or me where for some reason, I go back to my room exactly his.
Speaker 6: Name, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Tapega tells him everything's going to be okay. Corey tries to hold on to control. I know it's going to be okay. I know we're all going to go to college together, We're all going to live in the same town, We're all going to have the same jobs. We're all going to take vacations together, and we're going to die together and be buried next to each other. Corey announces he'll be going to Chobby's to be on his regular booth at his regular place.
Speaker 6: A concerned topanga follows him out, which.
Speaker 5: Is funny because this is again you were talking about this earlier, Danielle and Sue and I deal with this all the time. Some people, myself included, just don't like change, and when a lot of it comes at you at once, it can it's really overwhelming.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's it I've established about Corey, you know, because remember when Eric moved out, it was yeah, no, it's on brand. It's definitely on brand for Corey.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So then we're back in Chubby's Topanga. Corey, Sean, and Angelo are all sitting at the same booth. Corey's happy they're all together. He's getting a burger. Everything is good. Angela asks, you know what else is good? She tells Sean to share the good news. Sean excitedly announces no more part time job. My boss says that after I graduate, he wants me to be his full time assistant. To Pega is genuinely excited for him.
Speaker 6: That's great.
Speaker 4: Corey, on the other hand, is underwhelmed. That's the big news. Angela tells Sean to give him the rest. Sean pulls out a letter. Look what came in the mail today. It's from Penbrook. Corey tells Sean.
Speaker 6: You did it. You're in.
Speaker 4: We are all together forever. Angela reminds him they don't know what's in the letter. Corey knows what it says because he knows what it has to say. Sean tears it open and reads the letter aloud. He will be moved off the wait list and is officially accepted into Penbrook. Everyone cheers. Corey exclaims the enrollment figures that was me. I fix them. Angela's beaming. She is so proud and congratulate Sean. Corey thanks her to Penget tells Corey that was meant for Sean, and Corey wonders, well, what he do. Sean is staring at his acceptance letter. I did it. I actually got into college. This is a big day, Corey counters, this is the biggest day. He knew everything was going to work out. Then Corey stands up and demands the attention of the entire restaurant, my best friend, Sean Hunter. Then, in the middle of Corey's speech, Sean blurts out, I think I'm going to take the job. Corey stops dead in his tracks, is throwing away his entire life, and he stares at.
Speaker 6: Sean in shock.
Speaker 3: Don don don dun.
Speaker 4: Then we're still in Chubby's. We're back at the booth. As Sean explains himself, I just need time to think. Corey shouts at him, no thinking. Barry is on his way to Tahiti because of you. You are going to college. Sean tells Corey he's not his father. Corey's fuming. If I was your father, i'd spank you, because that's what you deserve, a big spanking, he demands. Now take down your pants, and everyone just laughs at this behavior. Angela tries to change the subject. Topanga has some news to Pega acknowledges that this is probably a bad time. Angela reveals Topanga got a letter from Yale. Corey isn't listening. He's still mad at Sean. If you don't go to Penbrook, we are finished.
Speaker 6: To Pega.
Speaker 4: Size don't worry, honey, I don't even know if Yelle accepted me. Yet Corey's confused, I was talking to Sean. What are you talking about? Angela pushes an envelope towards Tapanga and encourages her to open it to Pega explains, I applied to Yale when Corey and I broke up. Corey's again preoccupied with Sean.
Speaker 6: So she wouldn't have applied to Yale otherwise it together. Now, No, wow, that's pretty yeah, wow, yep.
Speaker 4: Okay, Corey and I were broken up. I thought maybe I would reach for the stars, but I can.
Speaker 3: I can do something with my lif I'm going to settle forget. Okay, this is the start of Yeah, what what is Topanga thinking? A little bit?
Speaker 4: Corey says, you have a chance to have a real future here to Pega continues, Not because I really wanted to go, oh okay, I just wanted to see if I could get in, So it's possible to Pega didn't really want to go to Yale, I.
Speaker 3: Guess, just to see if she wanted to.
Speaker 6: She does say, just to see if I could get in. I will say I did.
Speaker 4: When I was applying to colleges, I did apply to a college that I didn't actually have an intention of going to but it's like my dad's favorite college, and I just wanted to get the acceptance letter so that I could be like, look, I got accepted your favorite school.
Speaker 6: So maybe she didn't really want to go there, just.
Speaker 3: Like one of the top schools in the world. She's a very smart person. You go to Yale if you get in.
Speaker 1: I mean that, yes, and we're talking how many hours away for we're talking about another country.
Speaker 3: Side with the country it's absurd.
Speaker 4: Well, Corey is still shan obsessed to get the kind of education where you do not have to talk about exhaust manifolds for the rest of your life. Tapega tells Angela, because you know, with my GPA being so high and my board's being so well, hi, Corey shouts at his best friend, you deserve more. Give yourself a chance. Angela steals the envelope back from Tepega so she can open it. Then the Chebby's waitress appears with their food. Corey shouts not hungry. She responds, not my problems still have to pay. Sean tells Corey he just needs time to think. Meanwhile, Angela reveals to Topanga that she made the Yale wait list. Then the waitress says, I think I'll give the check too. She waves the receipt around and drops it on Corey. You to peg is disappointed, staring at her letter. I really thought i'd get in.
Speaker 6: She tells Corey. She feels awful.
Speaker 4: Corey doesn't understand about what to Pega answers not getting into Yale and oblivious, Corey asks Yale, Sean could never get into Yale.
Speaker 6: You can hardly get into Yale.
Speaker 1: At all.
Speaker 5: But he's also just I mean, I know we harp on this a little bit, just their relationship, but how many times do we do that. Corey's just doesn't listen to the bango thing, and he just does never listen to her. Ever, it's it becomes like, I know they're kind of trying to do it as a joke, but after a number of episodes where he's just not listening to a damn thing, she's saying, you kind of look back, like this is awful.
Speaker 1: I mean it just only he only cares when it affects him, you know, like when she's like, you're gonna take, you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Go, You're gonna leave me?
Speaker 4: Yes, It's well, the interesting thing is he he feels that way about everybody who might leave him, and as far as he's aware of, the only real threat to is leaving is is Sean. So he's completely focused on that and not hearing or listening to Tapanga and it is. It brings back the point that we made, which was, like, do we think Corey would have ever cheated on Sean the way he's cheated on Topanga. It's like the threat of losing Sean is significantly scarier to him than the threat of losing Topanga.
Speaker 6: Apparent well, because he doesn't even hear it.
Speaker 5: Again, Topanga, he doesn't have to put in the work because the universe is going to keep them together, So.
Speaker 3: You don't have to.
Speaker 5: If it's if there's a higher power putting you together, you don't have to do anything about it. Sean is just your friend that could you know, that could end any time. That's got to be cultivated. But no Topanga and I that's that's yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's strange. It's it's strange when you yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: But Corey still doesn't understand what I know.
Speaker 4: Online, this commonly comes up as maybe Corey's most toxic scene. I really do think at least having seen it that it really is that he is he hasn't heard her. It's not that he says, you could hardly get into Yale because he's trying to like have a dig at her, right, he just isn't paying any attention. He's completely focused only on Sean. It's not great behavior, but I have a feeling we have worse to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course this is the thing. Unlinely, I'm sorry, this is the thing online They think this is.
Speaker 4: A People use this as an example for possibly being a core one of Corey's most toxic traits scenes.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the point of the scene. Yeah, that's contextualized. It's like the whole episode is about Corey being selfish, and yes he is thinking about himself and yeah, yeah, so it doesn't bother me the way same other episodes have really.
Speaker 6: Bothered me about this kind of totally.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well then we're back at Sean's workplace. Now.
Speaker 4: In the studio, Corey and Jack watch on as Sean helps get a photo shoot ready. Corey asks Jack what the most important thing in a young man's life is. Without hesitation, Jack says education. Corey continues, and what is Sean about to do? Jack responds, stop his education. Corey reminds Jack that it is his job as his older brother to do what. Jack sheepishly answers, fix this. Corey asks why, and Jack says, because he knows all your tricks and he's sick and tired of listening to you. Corey nods, now, go get him. Then Shawn's boss.
Speaker 3: And of Jack is like me too.
Speaker 1: Corey just sort of being like, I'm going to, you know, deputize you to be Corey.
Speaker 5: It's exactly what happens later with Morgan is you go. What you do is you go and you get the older brother. Go get the older brother, because that's what they have to do, and that's exactly what Morgan does.
Speaker 3: Later they kind of mirror it, which is COO, yes it is.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: I love it too that he's like that. Corey flat out says it. He I've We've been here before. I've done this ruse this scheme a bunch of times, and this time mistakes are very high.
Speaker 6: You have to do my bidding.
Speaker 5: This though, this moment remind you because I was for some reason I was flipping through to see I was like, oh yeah, we only have the graduation episode left. So when you go to Disney Plus, it starts obviously at the first episode, and it's the picture of Sean and Jack meeting, and I'm like, oh my god, that seems like that was ten years ago. Now, the first episode of Matt's first episode of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seems forever ago at this point.
Speaker 5: So they've incorporated him well to where he's just he's totally part of the show, totally part of the cast to where I mean that was only twenty nine episode.
Speaker 4: I guess when we've talked about the idea that it never really comes up again that Jack is your older brother.
Speaker 6: We were forgetting little moments like this.
Speaker 4: There's not necessarily entire episodes about it, but there are these moments where it's like, listen, you're the older brother. We need you to do this. So they try to have it mean something. So then Shawn's boss enters the room. Sewn eagerly notes, you've got the nikon loaded with the tri x and the Hassleblad's ready for the close ups.
Speaker 6: His boss admires his work. Keep this up. I'm going to be working for you.
Speaker 4: Jack walks up and addresses Shawn's boss the most important thing in a young man's life is education. I'm not gonna stand by and watch Sean throw his life away. I appreciate what you've done for him, but he's young and impressionable, and I'm not The man simply.
Speaker 6: Asks, have you ever modeled Jack's eyebrows? Raise?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: Why do you ask?
Speaker 4: And then we optical flip to Jack posing in front of a backdrop, now wearing an all black outfit, smiling for the camera. Shawn's boss cheers him on and snaps away. He instructs Jack to be wistful. Jack pretends to blow something in the wind, and Shawn's boss is convinced he's done this before. The photographer thanks Corey for bringing.
Speaker 6: In this guy. He's gold.
Speaker 4: Then he asks Jack if he does angst. Jack cowers in response, but Shawn's boss is even more impressed. The boss asks Sean to see if Terry is ready, and Shawn jumps to help, but Corey stops him. He wants to ask his best friend a question, tell me why you would consider giving up everything for this? And then a girl, Terry walks out from behind a curtain, wearing only a bikini and a Sarong. She asks Sean on how she looks, and he makes a quick adjustment to her hair. She kisses him on the cheek and exclaims, you're the best. Once the cute girl walks away, Corey's impatient, I'm waiting for an answer. Sean explains, I like working here and I'm good at it. They treat me with respect, I make a good paycheck and I'm learning a lot. I'm at least happy that Sean doesn't say, plus I get to work with hot chicks all the time. You know, at least he it's like that has nothing to do with his reason for being here.
Speaker 3: Has she been? Was she on the show before?
Speaker 5: Is this the one that was that had done something else? Because she looked familiar to me as well.
Speaker 3: Was she the one from the Driving episode?
Speaker 6: The Driving episode?
Speaker 3: I know, didn't you say it happened one?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: What is there one person?
Speaker 6: This was her first acting gig?
Speaker 3: No, that's Ricky Dale, that's Ricky Okay. No, this she looked very familiar to me. Maybe from this episode maybe yeh.
Speaker 4: Sean says that every single day he can't wait for school to be over so he can come to work and learn more. He's never felt that way about high school, and he probably won't about college either.
Speaker 6: He's found something.
Speaker 4: Here except for the whole episode, except for that whole episode where he really found something there at college. Yeah, Corey's unhappy. Well, you sound like you've already made your decision, Sean says, yeah, I have, But thanks for the advice. Corey tells him he's not going to give up on this. Sean laughs and rolls his eyes playfully. Of course you're not. Corey is less amused. Meanwhile, our new male model, Jack has his arms around two beautiful women. What am I going to college for? He's got two beautiful girls right here, so he's staying. Corey tries to get Jack to leave, but Jack doesn't let go of the models. Corey forcefully pushes the girls off of him and grabs Jack, eventually picking him up bridle style and not so gracefully carrying him.
Speaker 6: Out of the studio. This was impressive.
Speaker 3: It's a lot a lot going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it looked it looked like he was No, I was gonna say, it looked like they hadn't rehearsed it.
Speaker 3: It looks like Ben just grabbed him and was But I don't know.
Speaker 5: Go back and look, because you see Matt's face, he's like he's almost jarred when he pulls him off of his feet, almost like Ben just grabbed him in.
Speaker 4: Well, and even the way he runs him out the door, his feet hit the edge of the door. It's just what it to me, all it looks like, is it felt precarious? It was, It felt a little it felt a little dangerous.
Speaker 5: I don't know, this is crazy because this seems like something Ben just did on a take, like he was supposed to just hustle him out and this time he went and grabbed him and lifted him up, because it didn't look like that was planned at all.
Speaker 4: And then we're outside Phoene's house. Corey frantically pounds on the door until Phoenie answers. He reminds Corey he has a doorbell. In response, Corey rings the doorbell as he's standing right there. Phoene pauses, then says, yes, Corey pleads, you're my last hope. I need you to talk to Sean. Phoene says he was actually just on the phone with him.
Speaker 5: Anything about this set, well, I know that there's a doorbell. All of a sudden, on the side of the house, which is.
Speaker 3: Kind of Phoenie's entire yard has been widened.
Speaker 1: Oh really Yeah, to the door is like an extra foot or two, so we have room for that bench seat on his side of the yard. I was like what at this first scene, I was like, there's something different. And then the next one I really noticed it because he got a wide shot and I see like.
Speaker 3: This is suddenly large.
Speaker 1: Oh and the other thing I noticed about that last scene I forgot to mention this. Do you guys notice how much gray there was? Like I'm wearing gray, Corey's wearing gray, and then the walls are all gray.
Speaker 3: I was like, what happened to our art department?
Speaker 5: Suddenly?
Speaker 1: It was like could have been an easy fix for wardrobe. For some reason, everybody's I was like, why are we blending into the back.
Speaker 5: It was like, just think it was autistic choice to show Corey that life is not black and all shades of gray.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: Corey gives Feenie a bear hug and thanks. Phoene reveals he told Sean that he supports his decision. Corey, still hugging him, yells into his shirt. He what Phoene reiterates, I gave him my blessing. Corey pulls away, what are you the pope? He reminds mister Feenie that he and Sean are supposed to go to college together. They're supposed to be roommates. Phoene gives him a reminder, I'm sorry, but things change, and not just for students. Corey's frustrated. Why can't you ever just say what you mean? Why does everything you say have to have some hidden explanation. Phoenie gets right to the point, I'm retiring. Corey is shell shocked. What do you mean by that? Phoene admits the school board is offering early retirement and I've decided to take it. Corey doesn't understand. But you love teaching without teaching, You're not, mister Feenie, You're just crazy. George the guy next door.
Speaker 3: It's such a good line.
Speaker 6: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Eric went through this exact same thing right when Eric was going to college, and I.
Speaker 3: Love this, like, but you can't. Your only identity is a relation to me. It's me cute.
Speaker 5: But they gave Phoene to Eric, so we haven't seen Feenie and Corey in a way now and There's something nice and comforting about seeing the two of them back together behind that fence again.
Speaker 4: It really is funny how much bigger Ben is now? I know, right right, It's amazing. Yeah, Phoene smiles. There comes a time when making a change feels right. I'm thinking about moving to Jackson Hole, Wyoming Jackson Hole. No, no hole, Jackson Hole. I'll spend my time reading fishing. Who knows, I might become crazy George of Jackson Hole. Corey can't believe he's doing this, do you will?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I don't remember this at all, So what was happening.
Speaker 4: I don't even think I had to say Jackson Hole in the episode.
Speaker 5: I just what everybody was telling us. We had to say it in a certain everybody being Michael. Michael was just cracking everybody.
Speaker 4: Hole, it's not Jackson Hole, it's Jackson Hole every single time at all.
Speaker 1: That's like I remember when Ben had a lie where he said Puerto Rico and he went Puerto Rico correctly, and Michael said what are you doing?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: And who spoke Spanish was like I'm saying it and he was like no, no, no, that's not funny.
Speaker 3: Funny's Puerto Rico. It's Puerto Rico. Say it just forcing ben Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico. What are you doing? You're ruining the joke.
Speaker 6: Corey can't believe he's doing this.
Speaker 4: He asks, what did you guys all do get together and decide to ruin my life? He storms away, and George calls after him, Corey, everything will be all right. Corey's in his backyard, clearly stressed. When Topanga walks up behind him, she gives a soft hi. Corey doesn't like the sound of that. She sits down next to him, holding an envelope in her hands. It's from Yale. He takes the envelope and places it on his forehead, like the amazing crescin. He guesses it's contents. Dear Corey, the IVY League is pleased to announce the further disintegration of your world. He rudely hands the letter back to Tapanga. Congratulations, I mean.
Speaker 7: That I.
Speaker 6: Got it now.
Speaker 4: Thank you in your warmth, Thank you, Thank you feel so good? She asks, how did you know I was accepted? Corey shrugs, because I know the way my life works.
Speaker 1: This goes against I know again verse now is always against it. Always pushing them together. Isn't the point that Destiny like he should have absolute confidence.
Speaker 6: No problem. The universe wants us together.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's been the theme of this entire season and last season. So he kind of says it later, I mean they try to kind of do it.
Speaker 6: He's in one Corey Season one. Corey is the whole world is out to get much better.
Speaker 3: If we had just stuck with this, it would have been fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she rubs his leg, but everything is falling apart for young Corey. And then we cut to later. It's in the Matthew's backyard. Corey is now sitting alone, processing the events that have unfolded.
Speaker 6: Then Morgan welcome back, Morgan.
Speaker 3: Is she in her pajamas?
Speaker 5: She's saying the same thing back in the day.
Speaker 3: Do you guys think that we were afraid we were gonna get canceled?
Speaker 6: Because this feels like, yeah, we're.
Speaker 3: Building up some heavy like seats and drama.
Speaker 5: Yeah we were, we were. Yeah, we might have been on the bubble by this point.
Speaker 3: He engage, Oh, yeah, I don't. We must have been, like, I mean, yeah, we might have. There could have been a real episodes. Yeah, yes, yeah, season five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So so there's a real chance that maybe we'd be out by this point. Again, we talked about Dawson's Creek coming out, everything going more drama. I think single camera was much more important.
Speaker 3: Also, Ben was finishing high school.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a lot that a lot of things that could have changed.
Speaker 6: Ben going to Stanford.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, a lot of stuff could have changed. You were in college. Yeah, so there is a chance we were on the bubble. That might have been why they did the wedding thing.
Speaker 6: She explains, Mom and dad sent me out to see if you were okay. Are you?
Speaker 4: Corey tells her the truth, I've been better. He makes room for her and asks, how about you. Morgan confesses I've been better too. I got a sixty seven on my history test. Corey responds, you're not going to do anything silly like not go to college and get a job, are you.
Speaker 6: Morgan tells him no.
Speaker 4: Corey continues, You're not going to have a baby, or go to Yale or retire to Wyoming. Morgan reminds him she's still a little girl. Corey puts his arm around her and they give each other a hug. He kisses her on the forehead and whispers God bless you.
Speaker 6: Is this maybe Lindsay's biggest.
Speaker 4: Scene this in the next two Yeah, she's.
Speaker 3: Allowed to be a character in a scene.
Speaker 5: Well, she actually apparently had much. Did you guys read the thing? That was a producer Jensen that sent us the email that somebody found that they cut a lot of her scene from Eric Hollywood.
Speaker 4: She had one extra line. I think, yeah, it was a line. I think it was just one line.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, I don't know what it was. She thinks. I think she's selling something.
Speaker 4: Or I thought she just said something more in the tushy line, there was something more.
Speaker 3: A thing like that. Yeah, there was one or two lines I think that where she was said something.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know how big of a scene it was, but there was a nice moment in the Raging Cory episode with Alan where he talks to her.
Speaker 5: And the loser freak stuff when she comes down singing with all the stuff is very funny too.
Speaker 1: But I think this is going back to really the pilot, because doesn't Corey and Morgan have like a moment in the pilot.
Speaker 6: That's kind of sure, But that was Lily.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I was in the backyard, like they're in the treehouse right, and here they are in the backyard again.
Speaker 3: I kind of had even though it's a different actor.
Speaker 6: I was like, yeah, it's nostalgia for season one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, I think, doesn't it doesn't this kind of start the she has more things to do coming up because this led me to remember like becoming a bridesmaid and doing didn't They start to give her kind of a few more things.
Speaker 3: To do and she got a little older, she got older.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well then we're back in Chubby's. Corey and Morgan are sitting across from one another, and Corey explains, this has been my booth since.
Speaker 6: Before you were born, Morgan.
Speaker 4: In fact, I was sitting in this very booth when they told me I had a baby sister. Morgan asks, so this place means a lot to you. Corey nods, it's the last place left that makes any sense. She tells him he's going crazy. Corey is in denial. No, the world is going crazy. Everything is changing so fast that I just want to be in the one place I can count on, with the one person I can count on.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 4: The waitress from earlier, Maria is now dressed as a pirate and asks what they like. Corey rattles off two Chubby Burgers, two fries, and two root peers. The woman repeats his order, two Buccaneer Burgers, two treasure Taters, and true two root peers. Corey's confused, why are you talking like that? And Maria, what are you wearing? Morgan begs Maria, please don't tell him. The woman realizes, Oh my gosh, you don't know. Morgan begs again, please don't tell him. Corey asks, don't know what. Maria announces everything's changed. The camera zooms out to reveal that Chubby's has been completely transformed into a pirate themed restaurant. They're swashbuckling decor everywhere and it's now called peg Leg Piezz. Pirate music plays as Corey stares into the distance. This is the last straw?
Speaker 3: Is this the end of Chubbies?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I think so Chubbies. No, it's peg the restaurant changed. I don't think Chubbies ever comes back. Wait, because now we're in everything we would do with Chubbies, we're now doing in the common of Pembrook. So I don't We might see Chubbies, but I don't think it's ever Chubby.
Speaker 6: We have to see Chubbies in the next episode we have.
Speaker 3: It has to be changes, Danielle.
Speaker 6: No, no, I don't want it, writer, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to when we do, when we do a Chubbies pop up, should we have it?
Speaker 5: Like convert to peg Leg's like a buccaneer Burger funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 3: I'd like a buccaneer burger.
Speaker 6: I'm so hungry.
Speaker 3: I'm so hungry.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, let's get through this episode quick.
Speaker 3: I made Smashburger's last night. They were wonderful.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, I'll take an invite. Well, I live very close, you do, I'll take an invite for So we transitioned to later. At peg Leg, Pete scry sitting at his booth alone, he wails Chubby. New waitress Maria points out that he's been here for over three hours.
Speaker 6: Corey whales even louder Chubby.
Speaker 4: Maria says that Chubby moved to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and pulls Corey out of his seat. Can you sit on this barrel over here while the workers piratize your booth? Workers start immediately taking all the parts of Corey's beloved booth away as Corey focuses his anger. Oh yeah, right, like it would take just a few seconds to change a booth where my girlfriend and I reunited eight different times to change a booth. Were my best friend and I dressed up like women to prove a point or something.
Speaker 6: I forget that was.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I forgot about that line.
Speaker 6: It's such a good line, very funny.
Speaker 3: For some reason, I forget.
Speaker 4: He's too busy shouting to realize his booth has already been piratized. He declares, I doubt very much, Missy, that you can change that hit that much history in just a few seconds, and then he sees the new booth and another waiter places a pirate hat on his head to boot Corey throws his hands in the air.
Speaker 6: Wrong again.
Speaker 4: It's very season and it's like all the last seasons of Corey. Everything he learned and everything he believes out the door for back to season one, Corey. That's when Morgan and Eric walk in. Corey complains to his little sister, I ask you to get help, and you bring him. Morgan responds, I was worried about you. You were acting like a psycho. Eric looks around the restaurant. It's about time this place got some class. He grabs a menu and asks if anyone wants to split a couple of Buccaneer burgers. Then he looks at Corey's hat and realizes, I get it. It's pirates. Corey explains his predicament, I've worked so hard and so long to keep everything together. What am I supposed to do? Just pretend everything's okay? Eric nods, you're scared of change.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 4: He went through that same thing when he graduated high school. That's why I took a year off. Morgan reminds him he didn't have the grades to get into college. Eric shouts, I'm talking here. Eric ushers Corey to sit down and tells his younger brother, good things are happening to your friends, and you need to be happy for them or else?
Speaker 6: What kind of friend are you?
Speaker 3: Nice advice?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Then Maria walks up. Okay, may you're the first to walk the plank. She sets a burger down and tells Corey to let her know how it is. Corey says, if I take a bite of this, it's like Chubby's is just a memory. It's like everything's changing and we don't know what's going to happen. Eric tells him to just taste it, so Corey takes a very small bite.
Speaker 6: Oh no, it's good.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, but she says, you're the first person to walk the plank, so see, the first person to.
Speaker 3: Try the burger. But there's one hundred people in the restaurant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and his booth was the last to be priratized. They just prioritized him because.
Speaker 6: He's Corey in the universe. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Maria smiles and walks away. Then Jack, Sean, Angela, and Topanga come running into the restaurant. Jack asks what happened to Chubby's. Corey tells him it's not Chubbies anymore. It's peg leg Pete's. Sean scoffs, We've got to do something about this. Corey interrupts him by shoving the burger in his face for a taste. Shawn's eyebrows raise never mind. He takes the burger and gives it to Jack so he can try. Jack refuses, No, No, I have a modeling career. Now Beef goes right to the hips.
Speaker 5: Now wait, rider, I was thinking about this during am I recalling this right weren't you a vegetarian at this point?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm may clearly.
Speaker 5: I think I remember you saying like it can't be beef, like I remember having you having this discussion about you know, I.
Speaker 3: Was never that picky. I think if Ben wouldn't have eaten a veggie burger, I would have just eaten the beef.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, men would have eaten a veggie burger.
Speaker 3: I think I must have. I'm guessing it was a vege. I think if they had asked, I would have been like, yeah, if it can be a vegge burger, and yeah, but I know I wouldn't know. It was never that pick. I would cheat all the time, you know, oh really not all the time. But yeah, I was never like soup.
Speaker 4: It was just yeah, can we discuss the idea that they put zero effort into making it look like the burger is delicious burger?
Speaker 5: I know it's just a hockey puck or even like a pirate, like put a little hat on it.
Speaker 6: Or something anything.
Speaker 4: I come on, Corey asks everyone to sit down. They need to have a talk to Pang is the first to speak the letter from Yale. I was just really excited about getting accepted, but I want to be with you.
Speaker 6: Corey okay.
Speaker 4: Corey nods, I want to be with you too, But this is Yale we're talking about. You can't just give that up, and I accept that. Eric earnestly says, good for you.
Speaker 6: Corey.
Speaker 4: Tapanga tries to argue Yale's in Corey stops her. I don't care if Yale is on the other side of the moon. Nothing is going to keep us apart. Then he turns to Sean. I still think you're making the biggest mistake of your life, but I accept it. Sean smiles. Thanks, Corey, I'll try to make you proud. Eric chimes in, there's going to be a lot of changes in your life.
Speaker 6: Corey.
Speaker 4: It's not the changes that matter, it's how you react to the changes. That's what makes you who you are. Corey agrees, I even accept the fact that Phoene's retiring. Eric squeezes out of the top of his lungs. Oh my god, it was so funny. Corey explains he's moving to Jackson Hole. Eric whimpers here in Philadelphia. Jack comments, no, in Hawaii, you incredible, unbelievable moron. Eric is freaking out. How can veenye do that. I need him. He's my mentor. I go to him for everything. Corey eats a fry. Unmoved, Eric asks why he isn't more upset about this, and Corey points out things change and the screen fades to black, and I really felt like this isn't the end of Corey's spiral. I have absolutely no idea what the next episode graduation. I know it's graduation engagement, but I don't know what the episode is actually about.
Speaker 6: Right, I know, we graduate. I think it's about you, it's got to be, but maybe.
Speaker 3: He plays the scene it's It was an interesting.
Speaker 6: Kind of it's like a marriad that detached.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very just like he's dead inside, I know.
Speaker 4: And that's why that's why I was thinking, like the next episode it's going to be an optical.
Speaker 3: Flan God, yeah exactly.
Speaker 6: It's like because it's I don't buy it, just.
Speaker 5: Just this detached like, yeah, things change and you can. It was really an interesting kind of monotone.
Speaker 4: Yes, I really feel like it was foreshadowing of something that's we don't buy it.
Speaker 6: So then we're in the tag and we're in Phoene's backyard.
Speaker 4: Eric walks up holding a surfboard and wearing a Hawaiian shirt. Mister Phoenie Dude Feene opens the doors and sighs, regretting this immediately what Eric goes on, there's a gnarly curl bra Let's go get tubed. Phoene says under his breath, all right, here I go. So what's with the board?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 5: Just hearing Bill saying lines like that, it's it's should be ridiculous, it make you feel bad, and it's just it's so great.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's so funny. Ough.
Speaker 4: Eric explains, I'm coming with you to Jackson Hole, surfing capital of the world. Phoene is dumbfounded. Eric, do you have any idea where Jackson Hole is? Eric grins, sure do Hawaii. Feenie yells, it's in Wyoming, you macadamia nut. He asks if they surf in Wyoming and Phoene shakes his head no. Eric wonders, then what do they do in this Wyoming? Phoene explains they take the time to enjoy God's beautiful landscape. They stop to appreciate their quiet surroundings and contemplate on what life is all about. Eric admits that sounds like a nice place. Phoene smiles and nods, yes it is. Eric wonders if I'm really really quiet, will you stay.
Speaker 6: The crowd all?
Speaker 4: Phoene's face softens. He doesn't answer. He just looks down at the ground and we fade out, and that is our episode.
Speaker 1: I think this is all just a big cliffhanger to set up. Yeah, so to make it a big like to get us back for season six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that would be the wedding.
Speaker 5: I mean, so obviously they know they're getting engaged at this point, I mean the actually.
Speaker 1: But they're setting it up as if like this whole show is going to change, and you know, the story must continue like we have.
Speaker 4: It's a bit of a mislead, Oh to Pega may go to Yale.
Speaker 1: Because think about this, after this episode, or if if this episode had high ratings, everybody would come back the next week and give it even higher ratings. You know, it was smart to serialize the last two episodes to end on a high note for the season, so that we get picked up for the next one.
Speaker 5: I'm dying to know if we knew by this point or not, because I don't think it.
Speaker 3: Also, but it also makes sense that if we did.
Speaker 5: Know, then you get everybody together in the same school, like, you know, because everybody's getting into Pembrooke, So they're setting up that everybody's going to Penbrook already. So it makes sense that if we were already picked up, but they would do.
Speaker 1: You have to have it both ways, right, you have to set it up so that we can continue, but also give us.
Speaker 3: You know, if we don't. I think so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, well, because it does we I don't remember, like Danielle, I don't remember the next episode.
Speaker 3: I remember, you know, the overall arc of the next episode.
Speaker 5: But there's no answer, right like you no Panga to Panga asks, but we don't hear a yes.
Speaker 3: Or no no.
Speaker 4: That ends on is the proposal, And I remember that everybody stands and Corey and I stay seated, and that's how it ends.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think it was, you know, migrating the writing staff just trying to write to force the network to like not let us end the show, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, join us for our next episode recap Season five episode twenty four, Graduation. It originally aired May fifteenth, nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 6: That will be the.
Speaker 4: Season finale four Season five Thank you all for listening to this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod meets World Show. You can send us your emails Podmeets World Show at gmail dot com and we've.
Speaker 3: Got March Jackson Hole March.
Speaker 4: Podmeets Worldshow dot com writer sent this out.
Speaker 3: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 1: Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfordell and Writer Strong Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara Subbasch, producer, Maddie Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World Superman Easton Allen.
Speaker 3: Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at podmets World Show or email us at Podmeats Worldshow at gmail dot com