Speaker 1: Would you like to take it to Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of the Bust and Spring Tour. We are at one of the most prestigious universities in the entire world, Tennessee of all time, more than Nebraska, more than Michigan. I wouldn't go that far. Everyone feels super happy about this thing, the Tennessee Volunteers. And we're with Coach Hype. He wanted to go by that. That's his nickname. He gave to himself, Electrostack to have you on the bad today something along. How did you get that? Presented by Chevy the durable, most reliable vehicle. It's like the Peyton Manning of vehicles. You know it's against you know what you're gonna get. I don't know where I got it from.
Speaker 2: Durableable, hard working, reliable, Peyton Manning strong.
Speaker 3: So how did you get the name of Coach Hype is just nobody can pronounce my last name. So you got a shorten it given something they remember.
Speaker 4: It's tough. It's like, is it Hupel all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I was nervous coming in.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got the sweat going.
Speaker 1: Well, this sweat just goes because I'm out in the field and will he wants to walk on the field. I got the game.
Speaker 4: Of football between the white line.
Speaker 1: You no, I know walking between the light lines. I had to get a couple of your players and hey, come on, let's go.
Speaker 2: If you're walking, find anybody to walk. You were going right outside the stadium. You see people walking all the time.
Speaker 1: It's disrespectful.
Speaker 4: You were chirping me a little bit about Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: You were chirping me about Nebraska, but then quickly remembered the heartbreaker at Memorial Stadium. That was an incredible game, an incredible atmosphere. I would love for you to speak on how high in all time the energy was at the University of Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a great game, a huge win for you guys at that time as you guys were kind of rebuilding it and coming up at that time. And defensively had a huge, huge day. Quarterback right, I was the QB coach that day. Quarterback had a rough day thing through four picks Landry. It was buzz Landry. But we found a way to rebound and you know, had a great day in Dallas and conference championship game.
Speaker 4: We didn't talk about that off air. Yeah, yeah, we were up the whole bro. We were up seventeen and nothing. Number one.
Speaker 2: The year before is when we lost to Texas by that one second. I talk about it all the time.
Speaker 1: He says that they don't deserve at all.
Speaker 2: And the whole next year, we're wearing these bracelets. Right, that's back when the bracelet fad was happening and we had still one. We had a one second bracelet we had to wear the entire year because it was all about that one second. We make it all the way back to the Big Twelve Championship, our last year in the Big twelve. So I think that there was some stuff that play there, hard feelings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and already out or has break that you were going to the Big ten?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 1: When did you all break that you were going in to the Big ten?
Speaker 4: That before the later that spring?
Speaker 1: Okay, so everyone knew. Yeah, oh so the whole Big twelve pa, y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we were up seventeen nothing, bro, and they come back and beat us, what twenty four to seventeen? Like we went scoreless, like we stopped, like yeah, we stopped, uh mess with Burkehead.
Speaker 4: We stopped running him for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: We put the game in Taylor Martinez and his I love ted Taylor, I love you brother.
Speaker 4: But he was young.
Speaker 2: Then he was young then turnover machine though, but he cost Yeah, I think so. Maybe this was the year before the second year.
Speaker 1: But Nebraska loves to come back. Yeah. The reason why you don't. You should always win Burkehead, especially in college. Guys have studies still grinding to this day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is getting after it. Just a salty white dude, Yeah he is. But obviously enough about my old glory days. Dude, you used to sling the rock, used to sling the pig skin. I would love to hear about like you being a player because you're like a newer You're like a newer coach, right, I mean, I guess fuck man years.
Speaker 1: Ago, twenty two years so really not that now, right, Yeah, you ain't gotta date me like that, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro around national championship winner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for the Sooners, just to be able to throw it around, can still throw it a little bit out there. I'm the probably field. Every once in a while, do you mix it up out there with them? Not when it's live action, certainly not. But uh, Thursdays for Fridays, which our temples are a little bit down, I'll play catch with those guys. Do a little fat and slow, uh little pat and go action on.
Speaker 4: Fridays and nights.
Speaker 1: You've got to give the big guys a chance to catch the ball.
Speaker 4: I have a little fun. They got the ball too.
Speaker 1: Right now, do you guys have anything to playbook right now? For those big guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't have the tackle screen in right right now, but you and I can talk about off air.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a couple of things close to the get on the goal line to make it make a tackle when you know you can't report eligible in college, right.
Speaker 3: I know, but you can be in an eligible position absolutely.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I got a couple of things for you now. A couple of things from the Titans. We never we never brought out of the books.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: I give you a couple of things.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's up for me, but I'm curious. I would like you to talk about because as somebody I was coming out of college, fortunately I've got I've I've had a career that I feel like I've been lucky to have. But my mindset coming out of college was I wanted to be a coach, and you went from college to uh, you had a little stint in the NFL, and then you transitioned into coaching.
Speaker 4: Did you go from playing to a GA? Did you get right into a coaching position?
Speaker 2: Talk to us through that, because you went from all American opportunities in the NFL and then you become a coach right when you've quickly climbed the ranks as like a head coach of a prestigious huoter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sure.
Speaker 4: I actually grew up around the game.
Speaker 3: My dad was a small D two head football coach, and whenever playing was going to be over, you know, it felt like that was where I was gonna gonna head And and uh, it ended a lot quicker than I wanted to. Had an injury, couldn't pass any physicals on the back end of it, and opportunity came up to to GA. You know, worked with quarterbacks, spent some time with the offensive line, which actually was one of the best things that I ever did. Just understood the schemes and and uh, you know, targets and the fundamentals, but just really diving into it. I think it's helped me as as a full time coach and as an offensive coordinator. And I was a head coach understanding the game from a different perspective than just playing quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt. What was your what was your mindset like when you were when you get drafted in the six round, when you go to the Miami Dolphins. It was my right, Yeah, you go to Miami and then when did you sustain that injury you were talking about? Was that in Miami or is it the next year in Green Bay?
Speaker 4: Yeah? In Miami. In Miami, I might have had a little bit of it. Uh, you know on the back end of the college career. Oh really?
Speaker 3: And uh anyways, you know, you go in compete. I don't think you know, as a competitor. You know, my road just through college was a junior college player and then then went to Oklahoma. You're fighting and competing every single day. And that's true no matter what round you're drafted in. Right, you got a little bit of security if your first second round pick, but man, you got to go in and earn it and learn it and take jobs.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: And uh you know, so for me, that that's the mindset that I was going to have always had a coach's perspective, a little bit smart, cerebral control, things at the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 4: Thought that was a.
Speaker 3: Big part of who I was as a player. All those things transitioned into into the coaching world. And all the skills that you learned while you're playing football, man, they become a piece of you when you're when you're coaching, and and truly, you know, we talked to our players about, Man, you get out in the real world and when you guys are done playing, it's all things and traits that you've learned life skills to go be successful in life too.
Speaker 1: And when you go from winning national championship Oklahoma being drafted, I mean, you're you're probably walking to Oklahoma and catch a free mill wherever you go. Right now, still to this day, Donoville too, Let's go, dude, let's go. The players can now legally, I'm sure before you know where it goes down.
Speaker 2: Out here, dude, I'm uh, I'm curious because I agree with you one hundred percent. All the things you learn of football, like it's the best game right to transition into life and everything else you learn about, all the characteristics you need to kind of transition to the real world, so to speak. But I'm super curious, like, was that frustrating when you're going through injury having a decorated college career because you don't you don't have this mindset that you have now that you're able to give to the young guys that you're able to carry as.
Speaker 1: A coach, Like absolutely everything's bigger, right, It's mountains, mountains, And what I was gonna say in the from the last question is when you go through those things, is going back to Oklahoma and having to go and now do a ga job where like your mindset is that'skind of where you're going with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yea, I mean you hijack the You just hijacked my question.
Speaker 5: Question that was actually gonna be my question, that's gonna be I'm just curious, like I would love to know about the hardship of that transition because as somebody like being undrafted, being a lower round guy, right, low round undrafted and you're going through injuries and there's a lot of fear and anxiety.
Speaker 2: Is am I gonna make this fucking team? And you got a lot of people, right, I'm sure for you. I wasn't an All American. But I'm thinking I can only assume you feel pressure from being an All American and feeling like you have an expectation and the way people look at you. Can you talk about the hardships of the transition for a.
Speaker 3: Little bit, Yeah, I think the outside perspective of you know, what people think you should be doing, there's some of that, But I think as an elite competitor, right and somebody that reaches success, I don't care if it's college football or the NFL. Man, you're so driven inwardly that that's the pressure that you feel more than anything else, is the expectation of yourself because of the work that you've put into. But it certainly felt that when I got drafted where I went, you know, you're going through rehab process. I think the transition to the NFL similar but different than you know, transition from high school to college. There's so many unknowns right in that first year, like you're trying to figure everything out, and the anxiety that comes with all the nervous energy because of the unknowns makes.
Speaker 4: It a really difficult year.
Speaker 3: When you go through the transition of injury, having to rehab, man that weighs on you in a completely different way than people can understand unless they've been through that process. So you feel all that. Absolutely. It's a really unique and hard time in life. I think when you get done playing, and it's not that you solely identify yourself as a player, but man, there was a purpose and a goal and really a schedule laid out for you every single day and what you had to do in life. The next day you wake up and you're like looking around, man, who's going to help me figure this out out?
Speaker 4: And how do I get going? And what's next?
Speaker 3: You know, you guys haveured out kind of what's next for you guys, you know. And I think that's the unique thing for some guys that play a long time, right, that are still in their careers, is they can start planning that transition while they're still playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think the NIL stuff might help with that too, as guys when they're getting paid to do certain things and realizing you can kind of make money outside of football, because when you're in college, I mean the big ted, not in the SEC, you're just trying to make it. You get only your rent checks, you're not getting paid by boosters or nothing, so you're kind of just.
Speaker 4: Living your life. You know what I'm saying, You're just living.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, do you think it gives these kids an opportunity to kind of see, Okay, there are other avenues that can take other than football, to make relationships and get jobs, and kind of shrinking that anxiety that you kind of get when you have to transition.
Speaker 3: I think one of the great things about NIL is that it is forced kids to understand that they have a brand and image, and the choices that they make transitioning into college football, you know, have a huge impact on their future and potential earning power.
Speaker 4: The issues that.
Speaker 3: Maybe I've had to deal with previously as a head coach man, very few of those things are showing up right now because they are so understanding and have a global view of what they're trying to accomplish. It changes the mindset, it changes the opportunities.
Speaker 1: So you know, like ten, I mean ten or so years ago, when I was in college, back in our day, back in our day, it was kind of like social media was kind of coming out, Like when I was like Facebook was a think, Twitter wasn't really a thing yet, and then all of a sudden allly social media counts are coming out and these players are like trying to establish themselves their personalities on stuff, and a lot of coaches look at us and go, well, what the fuck do you guys doing? You should be focused only on football, like you don't need this stuff, And now it seems like like your your review on it. Has your view always been like the same as it is right now with nil stuff? Have you always like encouraged players to kind of be who they are or is.
Speaker 3: It I play the game and I was as competitive as anybody I still am today. I was as focused on being successful in the field as anybody in the lock. I never felt like I gave an inch in any area. But man, there's still a balance to your life, right And you know, in college there's an academic.
Speaker 4: Portion of it, but there's a social portion of it too. What happens is that takes up some of that social time.
Speaker 3: There's less dead time because they are interested in different pursuits outside of football. At the end of the day, the football and the brand and your name on your jersey and the power of how you play is the most important marketing tool that you have. Don't lose sight of that it's okay to have those other other interests and keep it within the scope of the team.
Speaker 2: What's what's it been like stepping into this job, because over the past, like I'm not a diehard Tennessee guy, but over the past several years there's been like a it's been shuffling in coaches out left and right. What's it been like for you stepping into a job like this at a prestigious program, having a year kind of you know, label whatever you want, rebuilding whatever, having some success.
Speaker 4: But how has you.
Speaker 1: Backed by a lot of the fans too? You know, Jack was in the car saying, how great Tennessee. Have great Tennessee as well? Well, I thought y'all won the Natty last year. He's that doesn't just go for Jack, it goes for Tennessee fans all across. I mean, like Jack Man, Jack rips Jack Jack, they go hard and Nxville. But it kind of seems like there's such a long line of tradition here and it really reminds me of Michigan in a lot of ways, where like nineties in early two thousands, like a lot of relevant goes back to Michigan. Then listen.
Speaker 4: Question again, again, let's.
Speaker 1: Just sit back, all right, go ahead. Well, I'm just kind of I was, I was trying to add to the question. I'm sorry, we're having a bag where our chemistry is tough, and it's probably on me, But it does seem like people in Tennessee. Tennessee fans are thrilled about you as a coach and where this program is headed.
Speaker 3: If you've got great leadership, we got unbelievable athletic director, Chancellor, president.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: If if there's the intinct vision of what we want to accomplish, our athletic director and I've worked together before, like clear understanding of what we're trying to accomplish went on the field, but great uh academic and athletic experience for our student athletes. Man, then you can just go to work.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: We're able to have hire great staff here.
Speaker 3: You know, the Tennessee's an iconic brand man top ten in the history college football and wins first round draft picks.
Speaker 4: Anything you want to do, you can do right here.
Speaker 3: The fan base is as passionate and as big as any in America. That's why there's one hundred and two thousand plus seats inside that stadium.
Speaker 4: You know, we get a chance to put a.
Speaker 3: New age approach on an iconic brand, and that's what we're doing. We've built great chemistry inside of our building. You guys are out at practice. You saw the culture, the energy, the competitiveness that we have got great coaches that are great teachers and mentors, and now we just get to build it every single day. You know, the foot traffic that we have in recruiting gives us the ability to go chase championships. That's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Speaking of fan base, I was at the Tennessee Old Miss game when I was trying to link up with you the first time, but what do you The atmosphere of that game was insane. Like I'm obviously dieharden nebrassa guy like we have the best fans in the country, where the nicest, for sure, but there's some violence in uh here. There's some violence of this stadium, that's just for sure. Talk to us about how everything unfolded at the end of the game, and I would love take Did you love what you saw from the fan base at the end?
Speaker 3: Listen as a competitor, right, I've driven down the interstate and seen Vall Navy with two hundred and fifty three hundred boats tied up. It's a unique setting in all of college sports. They talked about Vall Walk before the season. In all reality, I was kind of skeptical, Man, there's not really forty thousand people out there.
Speaker 4: It is unlike anything in sports.
Speaker 3: Yes, down the hill, you hang a left, you go through Gate twenty seven, man, and there is a swarm of people.
Speaker 4: It is electric. My son walked down with me. We take our.
Speaker 3: Kids on ballwalk, play catch with him in the end zone for five minutes. Man, his eyes were just massive when we turned the corner and he saw that that group of people in the stadium.
Speaker 4: I mean, you were there that night.
Speaker 1: It was crazy, Bro.
Speaker 2: I'm talking like, obviously I'm not sitting here like condoning violence and people getting hurt. But the vibe to me was like going into a Philadelphia Eagle stadium where you're in the division and they they don't.
Speaker 4: Like that you're there.
Speaker 2: There's obviously your history with Kiffen and all that stuff, but it was like they don't want you at the stadium and it's rowdy. Like as a player, like you love kind of playing in that environment because.
Speaker 3: It was man, they care. They're they're in their seat sixty minutes before kickoff.
Speaker 4: You can feel it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: They had a great they had a great afternoon tailgating. But they're in the stadium early. You're going to hear them all night long. Shoot, Rocky Tops gonna get played fifty times while you're in the stadium for four hours. And you saw that event unfold, right, you know.
Speaker 2: Some of this Number one was the longest game for sure, game especially the first quarter.
Speaker 1: Well, me, I'm in the middle of the season. What exactly happened?
Speaker 4: There was a lot of dehydration by the old myths.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 4: They didn't they didn't drink before.
Speaker 3: They didn't drink before the football game brought a both of calls that might have not gone our way, that what calls didn't go your way, And they're here the scoop and score strip scoop score. Yeah, there's the first quarter, right, there's the first down on a down. Do you think the person that funneled the ball was down?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Can I borrow your check book? I don't want to get fined.
Speaker 1: And then at the end of the Tennessee's got the facilities, they get the money.
Speaker 2: At the end of the game, it just got rowdy. People are throwing the golf balls mustard, like how do they have and ain't got to They had to get the players off of the field because it was just getting so bad.
Speaker 4: You couln't even really.
Speaker 2: Play the game because they're people are throwing stuff on the field.
Speaker 4: Was their way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the the major point of that night is the three hours and fifty nine minutes of that crowd. Like, that's my takeaway. This is as good a place as there is in college football.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you don't want to say it, I'll say, Tennessee fans keep that up, like, keep doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the big dick energyep being.
Speaker 1: Absolutely aggressive because you want that when like when Michigan got how State, it's like, I feel like I'm gonna get assulted after this game. We lost. But even that wasn't good enough for them.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They were trying to take your lives. And it sounds like that's kind of what's going on here. I love our fans thinking about our friends.
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 1: What was the thing you were talking about? The Vall Navy And he was like, what is that it's.
Speaker 3: One of the two stadiums in the country where you can drive a boat up and go tailgate and go to the game and boats tied up having a party. It is Friday night we drive to the hotel. You know, they're honking their horns and having a good old time as we're heading to the hotel. And Saturday, you're gonna see them before kickoff too.
Speaker 1: Hey, you got to play hooky one of those games.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Don't just go out with the Navy. That sounds like a hell of a deal. So before you got here, you're at Oklahoma. And where'd you go from Oklahoma for it was that.
Speaker 4: Utah State for a year, in Missouri for two.
Speaker 1: And first off, god damn it, when you went to so you went to Utah State, sorry, Missoo for a year and wherel.
Speaker 4: So I was Miszoo for two, u c F for UH for three.
Speaker 1: On the back of all of all those schools, which one was probably your favorite coach We're not talking about testing right now.
Speaker 3: Unique opportunity, just being the first time head coach at u CF, love of the guys.
Speaker 4: That we had in the building and a passionate fan base down there too.
Speaker 1: Now you see there's a lot of controversy. I think the year before you got there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always controversial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so people are saying they won a national championship.
Speaker 4: Do you agree they.
Speaker 3: Went undefeated and beat the only teams that they were the only undefeated team.
Speaker 4: So absolutely, so.
Speaker 1: You think over Alabama they have the national championship?
Speaker 3: Why would I not agree with with the guys that where I was, I'm.
Speaker 1: With you because we were.
Speaker 2: In the car, Like, if you're undefeated, ain't no other games being played?
Speaker 4: Nobody can touch you?
Speaker 1: Would we when were they let in?
Speaker 4: Then we got a playoff? Now you know what I mean? Let's keep expanding in the right they get in there only.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got to be tough. Do you think because of that they should redo the playoff system? Like maybe you should take one from each Power five school and then allow to more.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the right thing to do with the college football playoff is. The day you know you want to find the best I think well said, look think about this.
Speaker 1: When you were in college though, right and just you know, sniff the playoffs?
Speaker 4: That might be right.
Speaker 1: We didn't sniff them, but go ahead, What were you going to say?
Speaker 2: Look, yeah, if you're the GM of the College Fool Playoff and you had your little fantasy world, you're hanging in the house, you're playing GM mode on the on the Xbox, what layout would you have if you got to create your own playoffs? No one.
Speaker 4: I think it's real simple.
Speaker 3: You take the top four teams from the SEC and play it out.
Speaker 4: God, but is it really?
Speaker 1: I mean, you got a hot Stay, you got Michigan Dog.
Speaker 4: Give it.
Speaker 1: Really, you guys let us down in the playoffs this year. Listen, I know we fucked up, all right, we messed up, but we were in that thing, Doug. If Nebraska is in it, we would have lost by three points, no question, There's no question about that. Probably the best three and nine team in the history of college of college of college ball, zero score differential throughout the season. So you're really drinking the cooler. Like, the SEC is the best conference by.
Speaker 4: Far, This is why you want to coach and play in. This league. Absolutely is the best league in America.
Speaker 1: So you would if let's say tennise, I would say Tennessee wasn't even a school, it doesn't exist. You're just you're going to be.
Speaker 3: Asking questions until I give you the answer to this is this is how I get paid that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are phenomenal answer, though, gosh damn you did you got us that?
Speaker 1: If Tennessee wasn't like you were, you were working here, would you take another sec? Would we're living in a fantasy world and Tennessee doesn't exist, Oklahoma offers you.
Speaker 3: When I was that u c F, I thought it should have been three SEC teams in u c F when we were undfeed in the regular season.
Speaker 4: This man, he's.
Speaker 2: Going into a year two, Like, what kind of leaps are you looking to make this year? Because year one you're obviously in a very much What do we have? How do we build the culture? How do we do all these things? Now you're in the system and you're in the culture and everything else. What is like a year or two jump? You like to see the guys make a message across the board.
Speaker 3: It's like, all right, guys, we never put a ceiling on ourselves in year one either, right, A lot of guys chose you, t they didn't necessarily choose me. Man, we both chose the power tea. At the end of the day, I thought we came together. We competed extremely hard.
Speaker 4: Man. There's a million different ways that you got to grow.
Speaker 3: I think the leadership and the culture and the consistency and the accountability inside of the room has to continue to grow.
Speaker 4: It has.
Speaker 3: During the off season and through spring ball, spent a lot of time on just leadership from within. Championship teams happened because of the championship culture that's inside of that locker room. You know, coaches, they change, they grow, but man, it's not drastically different from year to year. Man, It's got to start inside. And so we've tried to build that ownership from within, and you know, we just got to continue to grow that way here as we go through our off season.
Speaker 1: He's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, should we do the Duke Cannon question?
Speaker 1: Well, I have one more question than Cannon question, and it's a simple one. As a coach, when you bring recruits in here, what's your selling points of these kids? What do you tell them? The power of the the power of the team, what you to say? Education on me, the UNSA facilities.
Speaker 4: This is college football as good as it gets. It truly is the.
Speaker 3: History of it, the tradition, the passion and pageantry.
Speaker 4: Of the fan base.
Speaker 3: You know, you look at the facilities, you look at what this university in the city has to offer. Uh, it's a really special four year opportunity. And and uh you know, we're going to be the most aggressive football team in America. I honestly believe that people get caught up in what we are offensively because of my background. But that's how we play defensively. That's what we do on special teams. And if you want to play the most exciting brand in college football, and this is the place got tool resource to become your best. It is an unbelievable city to live in. I think that's one of the things that I didn't understand in coming here. I thought all the resources, all the facilities, Yeah, those things that are all here.
Speaker 4: But Nxville is an unbelievable city. Man.
Speaker 3: There's a real personal professional growth. It is a fantastic place to live.
Speaker 2: So our final question, a matter of fact, I thought of a second one too.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: This's be the Duke Cannon segment. Not for clowns. We actually got a nice as you see over there. All of our products this is from you got the odor, Yeah, we.
Speaker 4: Have this is for you might need to take this. This is our nil deal for you.
Speaker 2: Hey, and I swear this is this is this is on Nebraska, Duke Cannon.
Speaker 4: That ship is legit.
Speaker 1: Like it is legit.
Speaker 4: It's on me, it's on my arm pits. I did a little uh what is it the shower bilt like the rag?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I got the colone, the solid colonne in there that can go on. You rub it on your neck.
Speaker 4: It's not like spray. You can rub it on yourself. It's phenomenal. Be great for.
Speaker 1: Coaching this stuff. This suff is unbelievable too, because you put this on. In fact, you start, you get a little warm outs on the pets, aren't that. You can put it anywhere you want, and this thing keeps you nice and cool the whole time.
Speaker 4: It's an outstanding brand.
Speaker 2: And this segment is brought to us by Duke Cannon. Shout out Duke Cannons. The Purdue game, the gay, the play on the goal line.
Speaker 1: Which is the big ten by the way, exactly, let's see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a that's a side piece. That was a big ten ball, right, that's big big ten branded football.
Speaker 1: He guys ruined our field.
Speaker 4: You're claiming big ten. Oh, Nebraska, So I claimed Big ten. I didn't know you know. I mean, you're a big twelve guy when you played, well, I played it.
Speaker 2: Hang on those big hang on Big twelve two years, Big ten two years. I ended my junior and senior year in the Big ten, So I.
Speaker 4: Can claim big ten a little bit more. Yeah, I can claim that a little bit.
Speaker 2: I was just a freshman when we lost you guys, so if I was like a senior and playing, we probably win that championship game.
Speaker 4: Leadership, Yeah, leader.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts on that last play, your actual emotion, like who did you want to strangle?
Speaker 3: And yeah, well I'm gonna go to a replay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you but your thoughts on that last play, clearly.
Speaker 2: I think everyone feels like you guys got jip for sure, And you know I can be man enough to say that, but I would.
Speaker 4: Love to know today. Don't put in somebody else's hands.
Speaker 3: We got an opportunity to make a bunch of different plays, different play calls, all those things that can factor in and how we win the football game and regulation or at the end of it. At the end of the day, people that watch the football game could probably read my lips and see the disappointment in the outcome of that call.
Speaker 4: What's you say, don't leave into the hands of somebody else.
Speaker 2: But I would almost argue, like, as a player watching it all happen, like that's clearly a play that shouldn't be in the hands of anybody except like the players, because to.
Speaker 1: Me, I feel like somebody's just coming in there to hijack the game. I actually knew word of the day.
Speaker 2: I feel like, I feel like you're not really leaving it up to the refs, like the play was happening, the progress was happening, nothing was really stopping, and all of a sudden, when we're blowing whistles and stopping to play short.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you said it was as good as you could and I love it.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: A lot of people when they come on busting with the boys, can't handle the pressure of how big of a deal this is. Yeah, he's done an amazing job. Like Vrabel came on, so he cut his dick off for a Super Bowl. He was rattled. The lights were too big for him. But you're handling this like it's nothing right now. It's the volunteers got themselves a coach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: I am a Coacheck. I've been with Coacheck for a while. He has a lot of good things to say about you. Not that I don't know how much credibility he actually has, but you're right, I know. It's like babysitting that guy. He's fiery bro, same workout every day. He got no, I'm gonna say arrested to make the story better, But he got picked up by the cops on the highway from running like seventeen miles on the freeway after a spring practice. Backers apparently had a good practice, have balled out.
Speaker 4: He didn't need to watch the film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he went and ran on the freeway and got you know, not pulled over. He's running, but got picked up by the copsy half fast. Oh this is illegal, you can't do this, picked him up, put him in the back of the out card and drove him to the stadium. But the dude is a dude, is a wild man. But the second question I had, I would love to hear a good recruiting story. We had heart. So let me let me give some context about like what coach bo Polini had said. Coach Coach Pollini one time was at a recruits house, he's trying to recruit a kid, and in the back he hears a family member of somebody else like watching porn.
Speaker 4: So here's porn going on. While he's in Florida recruiting.
Speaker 2: He's pulled into like tough parts of California, trying to pull up and go recruit somebody, and they take off running and jump.
Speaker 4: The fence, thinking like the Feds are pulling up.
Speaker 2: Do you have a good story, whether it's a fail, like, whether it's a big fail, like I'll just do some different next time, or something that's funny that you like to talk about or just tell you know, the boys about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one AJ Brown said that Harball walked into his house with cleats on.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, but hor well, I didn't give us much, he said, I don't really have many.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was is crazy because Harballs, like everyone says, he's the craziest recruiter. But aj Brown said that Harball came into his house with his cleats on and refused to get his cletes off, and he was like, I'm for sure not going there, for sure not going to that school. But what he says, I.
Speaker 4: Can understand that mine's not a home visit man.
Speaker 3: I'd go to my first first time as a full time coach being out on the road. Uh, I'm gonna be going for three straight weeks. Got a nice Cadillac, I mean, luxury vehicle and looking good, floating down the road and end up going at this time. You guys might remember like the old Nike combines, coaches could go to those. So I'm at at the University of Houston park my car. I'm gonna go watch the combine and that area. Houston's a little bit rough at at parts.
Speaker 4: And I come.
Speaker 3: Out three hours later and my Caddy is completely stripped.
Speaker 4: There's nothing.
Speaker 3: It's my first weekend there too, So for the next two weeks. Man, I'm going from school to school. No hub cabs, nothing on my car.
Speaker 1: Riding down the road. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Did you offer any kids over there?
Speaker 1: School bus outstanding?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Thanks for coming on, man, this is awesome. We appreciate your time. I appreciate you guys being here. Man, you got anything for us?
Speaker 1: Do you have any questions for us? Any insights the office line?
Speaker 4: Loom nothing? No, you and I are going to talk a little bit afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. I do have a couple of things for you. I got some athletes out there too.
Speaker 4: Like you like what you saw?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: I think there's guys move well. We walked over when they were running games and stuff like that. And so there's one kid, fifty five small right guard grinder. I saw him dump a kid in practice and I hurt the old fashion hey stand up up, Yeah, stand up, and he takes a big step over him like it's nothing.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was fun to watch. There's fun being a part of that practice.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you guys coming out. Guys enjoy getting a chance to hang with you a little bit on the practice field. Thanks man, we appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Shout out the Bust and Football Spring Tour coach Hype. We just had him on phenomenal Review. The dude is a professional.
Speaker 4: But room for you guys. Man.
Speaker 2: If I'm not root for Nebraska and I'm not rooting for Michigan, I'm rooted for Tennessee.
Speaker 4: I like it. Go big One.