Speaker 1: You feel like more of a failure than you do a winner. So it's really nice when you can bitch to your friends. And I'm so grateful for you about that, because Chris knows I'm so high strong right now with just shiz in my life, trying to keep it all together. Here Calm Down with Aaron and Chrissa is a production of iHeartRadio. I ask these questions. I like these questions.
Speaker 2: We love all the questions. Y'all submit. Welcome you guys, pre game. You guys submit questions, comments and concerns.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, and we have said this before, we're going to say it again.
Speaker 2: Sometimes anonymous, I need you to like side dm us and tell us, like what your question was.
Speaker 3: So, because we have follow ups.
Speaker 2: We need to also follow up on some of the anonymous is, like what they've done? Like can we get an update from some questions that we've answered along the way, Like where are we at now?
Speaker 3: Like where are they now? Questions?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I also want to follow up on and I feel like I haven't And that could be an inside joke, but I'm not going to say it. It's inappropriate that I want to follow up on us being matchmakers to the people at home, to the listeners, there's there's a person in my life that I want to be a matchmaker for. We were talking about him last night. He works on my crew. I'd love to put his info out for, you know, to match him to one of you ladies out there that's ready to get serious and you're done looking. I also feel like the listeners are they want some help. I would love this, and then I would love it to be a show called Matchmakers. Let's do the Aaron Carissa addition Carissa, Aaron whatever, and then Mac Wway and we call mac Makers. We need to discuss this on the big show because I want to put out an instead of talking about it, let's actually put it into action.
Speaker 3: We're action gals.
Speaker 1: You know. I got a couple of d ms from women that were like, here's my info, Like, this is what I'm looking for, perfran, We need to get this sponsored.
Speaker 3: Pen to paper.
Speaker 2: Nosy Rosie reporter, noepet in hand, she's writing down.
Speaker 3: No one loves it to do listener than Aaron. Yea, she was so accurate. No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for people to help me do that though. Apply Now, what was I going to say, how about I sent you Aaron sent me this DM of this guy in his driveway vacuuming the concrete as he's looking at all the police cars and the ambulances next door. And it was Aaron pretending not to be nosy vacuuming the concrete.
Speaker 3: It was really funny.
Speaker 2: So for those of you that are new to the podcast, that's Aaron's alter ego, nosy Rosie. She needs to know what's happening at all times. She's waving for those of you that can't see her. Okay, here we go. First question is from far from Caitlin adorable name. What is your favorite dessert? I love a loaf, you know, a pumpkin loaf, a chocolate loaf.
Speaker 3: The joke heres again.
Speaker 1: We had Max's birthday party and Aaron got a loaf and kept walking around with the loaf asking if anyone had had a bite of the loaf.
Speaker 2: It was amazing, So no, but for real, my favorite dessert pumpkin pie. I had one year at Thanksgiving. All I all I wanted Thanksgiving is a pumpkin pie. And Sarah Walsh, if you're listening, Sarah, I had a full meltdown at her house one Thanksgiving in Connecticut when we were working at ESPN together.
Speaker 3: She had set aside the pumpkin pie for me.
Speaker 2: Someone else had gotten into it, and I just went ballistic. I mean we're talking like death com five, like no return or no Aaron, don't ask questions you already know the answers too, Okay please. I had a full freaking meltdown.
Speaker 3: All I've ever wanted in life is pompkay bye. And then it's like it turns a no and this and I don't have this and I ate my boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyways, pumpkin pie is sports that one you.
Speaker 1: The loaf, by the way, was a gluten free chocolate loaf, a shout out to cake monkeys, not an ad, and I didn't get it for free, but the loaf went over great. I had a few gluten free people at my house my dad kept and Burkhard included, so that was that. My favorite dessert is yellow cake with chocolate frosting from a Duncan Hinds box name it's so good. Name somebody that does it as well as that. And yes, we will accept your recipes and your deliveries. We will eat them.
Speaker 2: I love after this many years of friendship, learning something new about you. I had no idea yellow cake with a chocolate Does it have to be Duncan Hines or if I like any Crockers perfect perfect up or Psycho Lindsay wall Raven, how do I get my husband and go to the Era's tour?
Speaker 1: I would tell him everyone's doing it because they are. I would point out all the men that you know, people have uh shown.
Speaker 3: Their land to go to the Eras tour. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: It's a time like I mean yesterday at Max party, everybody was asking Chris about it. People were asking Jared about it. It is a great time and make it fun. You can be a girl and he can be a guy, and it's a great people watching. Go get your drinks, make an event out it. It's a time.
Speaker 3: Go ask Jared. It's a very romantic experience.
Speaker 2: Aaron will not meet you halfway at that romantic experience because she's watching the concert. For those of you didn't hear that part of the episode last week, Jarrett was very sweet and wanted to give Erin a kiss during the concert.
Speaker 3: She said, Nana watching the choreography.
Speaker 2: But I think, look, I think this speaks to a bigger part of a relationship is that line in the breakup like.
Speaker 3: I want to go to the ballet.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, but where Vince Bond's characters like, I'm not going. I'll go anywhere with you, but I'm not going to the ballet. She's like, you should want to go to the ballet because that's what I like. And the whole idea is that maybe it's not your thing husband in this scenario, but if it makes your wife happy, go do that. And then conversely, if there's something you want to go to and she doesn't want to, she'll meet you halfway and go as well. Anonymous, how do you deal with losing a great lifelong friend to their toxic, narcissistic significant other?
Speaker 1: Ooh, narcissist has been a big word coming at because it's a big word. It's been a big word coming out of my mouth lately. Really take a narcissust never taking the blame and always blaming it on something else, and believe, are you insane?
Speaker 3: I've read a lot of books on narcissists.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, Yeah, I could actually saved a lot of money on therapy had I just dove into those books before that. However, I would say this, and we've talked about it before, right where if you have a friend that has the boyfriend or the husband that you don't want, I don't think sometimes you got to take inventory of your life and if you're going to lose that friend because of their significant other, then it sucks. But like that also means that their friend is choosing, which, let's be honest, you should choose your spouse probably more times than not over your friend. However, if that person, I don't know how to describe it, but like you know, when you never there was a Sex in the City episode about this thing where it's like, you never are too honest about the significant other when they're breaking up because then if they get back to.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh now I know how you really feel. But in this case, stay on task.
Speaker 2: Carrissa Squirrel, I think it's okay to lose the friendship if you have vocalized, like you had done many times to me that you don't think this relationship is good for me. You think I should get out, but if I choose to stay, then you're like, I'm sorry, I can't be your friend. And Aarin was very honest with me about that, not because she didn't want to be my friend, but because she was so protective of me.
Speaker 3: She couldn't stand.
Speaker 2: By and watch that toxic relationship and me in that toxic relationship anymore for a lot of different reasons.
Speaker 3: So as someone who gave me.
Speaker 2: The ultimatum, I think it's really good and you'll find out ultimately who your friends are or if that relationship is worth staying in.
Speaker 3: So bye. With that said, I answer that question.
Speaker 1: I was just finishing up a swimming lesson and two people, three people that were in the pool with is were part of our little party yesterday and couldn't stop talking about Steve and how one wonderful he is. So oh, there's that, Yeah, Steve. Everyone loves Steve every time. If I broke up with Steve, you definitely would stay with friends with Steve over me.
Speaker 2: Aaron calls Steve, and she calls me because Steve answers me. I'm busy answering the questions from our listeners. Go ahead, Tay Ryan twelve. Question for Aaron, what have you learned about yourself in the first year of motherhood? I feel like I'm going to get emotional, not because of motherhood, but because of how stressful it's been. But I because it's not just the baby, it's everything else with the baby. It's you know, managing your life, your job, You're making sure he's okay. Dealing with my insecurity is about I'm not doing enough. We have full time help trying to gel with that. One thing I have learned is you need your friends more than ever. I bitch to Chrissa more than I do, probably say positive things to her because I'm like, I just have to talk to you about this. Sometimes it's easier to say things to her versus my husband. My sister is amazing about it. It is so nice when your friends Carissa Sam Phipps write you notes and they're like, you're doing an amazing job, sweetie, balancing it all together. You feel like you never are, so I feel like that's the same stuff you hear from all mothers. But yeah, you feel like more of a failure than you do a winner. So it's really nice when you can bitch your friends. And I'm so grateful for you about that, because Chris knows I'm so high strung right now with just shiz in my life, trying to keep it all together here. If there's a line from Beetlejuice, Ryan, You're so good that Catherine O'Hara says, is like, I'm losing my mind now I'm going to take you all down with me. I don't know what the line is. I'm actually like butchering it, but it's so perfect. Lean on your friends, whether they have kids or not. Well, I love you, and that's very sweet. But I think that's what friendship and I appreciate you saying that, but that's what friendship is. Is that how many times have I leaned on you? None a mother, but for everything else, you know, different parts of your life. Is that you have to have that support group and a non judgmental easy for me to say group, but you also have to and I know it's easier said than done, but you have to give yourself grace. I mean, this is a new thing, and it's because you're perfection is not in a bad way, but you're highly competitive and that is what's made you very successful in life in any venture that you've taken on. But there's a lot to be said about this venture is not something that you have to be perfect at, and in fact, if you are, then you're doing something wrong because that human being doesn't.
Speaker 3: Need you to be perfect.
Speaker 2: He needs you to keep him alive and loved and happy. And those three criterias are being met and you're crushing it. And I'm really proud of you, and no one gives you a handbook on how to do it.
Speaker 3: So what are laughing at Ryan?
Speaker 1: I'm laughing because Ryan just texted us, I will go insane and I will take you with me.
Speaker 3: It is such a great line from Beetle Juice. My sister and I say it often. What a great movie that is? I forgot how you don't.
Speaker 2: Is it weird that I still think if you say it three times, like something's gonna happen. Wait, why like say Beetlejuice, beetle Juice, And I don't want to say it the third time because I'm superstitious about that.
Speaker 1: What was the gremlin thing? You couldn't say and it would happen? Ryan, feel free to.
Speaker 2: Tell you know, the bright light like if you like right. You don't know if there was a phrase, but like if you if you turn the light on. Gremlin's were so cute.
Speaker 1: They were so cute, but when they like changed into the evil one fucking gross was that. Remember it was like this weird like hemorrhoid that would shoot up their back and pulsatan. And I remember Gremlin's the first one they made disgusting. Don't feed them after midnight.
Speaker 3: Don't feed me after midnight either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they No, I'm not I'm not agreeing to that. I just laughed about that. But it would pulsate. And the music on Gremlins was like like this sound. It was so disguss anyways, take that out. No one needs to hear me do that. No, absolutely, not right, you're so so.
Speaker 3: I like this question because I love it too.
Speaker 2: Missus Stormer. Want my haircut like CT? What should I ask my stylists? No layers down to I like that, okay, miss cut Missus Stormer. I would love to know which cut you're referring to, because right now I look like I have taken scissors with my left hand and cut my hair. And this is not an indictment on bow my wonderful hair sys.
Speaker 3: It's not that. It's that you girl.
Speaker 2: Over here who loved cutting bangs, and I might bring the bangs back, but I have so many different layers in my hair that I'm I can't wait until it gets all one length. But the problem is that's short on the top and long on the bottom. So there's a bit of a mullet situation happening. So miss lying it, I'm not this is this is if I take this down. Well, first of all, there's point of no return. I mean, this is hair from yesterday at Max party. But Missus Stormer, thank you. I would love to get my hair. Let's take a poll. Steve told me no extensions this year for all season.
Speaker 1: He said, what about clipping him in? No, he said he he thinks I should keep my hair short.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if you were doing them like I keep. I clip them in just for fullness.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what I'm thinking, because I'm like, I look at it and it's like four strings of hair in my you know, I feel like on TV you need a little bit money need, but keep it short. Okay, we can make the decision right now, Missus Stormer, we're going collarbone a few layers. Now, what do you tell the hairstylists. I'll DM you a picture of what I think that you should send to your stylist. I love a visual going to a stylist and the designer in me also has to say this. Don't try to describe it, just give a picture. It's the best roadmap on anything. So Missus Stormer, I got you check your DM.
Speaker 3: That's comentarily you're up.
Speaker 1: Jillian journ Dt. What's the number one item on your bucket list? Not to take everything so personal in care, but I don't think that's a bucket list.
Speaker 2: Huh, but that's been I'm thinking, Okay, you think number one item on my bucket list? Things I want to do in live. I have been in my full ranch mode, which nothing makes me happier. But as soon as I recover from the debt that I put myself in trying to transform this place, I'm going to save my pennies up and I am going to travel some more. I want to go back to South Africa with Steve and do a like full on safari wasteil will you come?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But I you know how I want to do it. I want to do it four seasons ten. No. I know.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm saying we have to save our pennies, because the safari you want is like the elephant will carry you on the tusk, like I mean there's no like, there's no like we'll see him from like two miles away. Okay, So yeah, I want to travel more. There's so many place your dad and I were actually talking about this yesterday. You know, I've never been to the Grand Canyon. I don't think I have either.
Speaker 3: I mean there's places like I want to go. I've never been to Charleston.
Speaker 2: Like, there's so many places domestically I want to go and internationally. So bucket list is travel more. But that'll be later on down the road. Did you think of yours?
Speaker 1: I want to host a morning talk show or a morning show or afternoon talk show with you. Oh, I'm manifesting that. I'm putting that out. I said it in an interview the other day. I think calm Down could be part of a morning show, or I think it could be an afternoon show. I'm sorry, but it could.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love you. Here's the thing. I hope I have one option on the.
Speaker 2: Ranch when you call me and say we got the deal, because that's going to be a hard phone called the miss actually called Steve, he'll have reception.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I call him.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Hey, we got a morning show not you, Steve, Chrissa and I j Ford.
Speaker 3: What you get five five knee high folks in the summer? Yay or Nate?
Speaker 1: No, I don't give it a beat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, aren't we sweating? We can't have boots on, baby girl.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: The only time I think that the boots are acceptable is if we're going like cuge geen shorts and like a cowboy boot. It like makes sense for the event or wherever you're going, Like cowboy boots are fine. But knee high boots, no, it just feels like you don't know what season it is.
Speaker 1: I say, I got a real struggle right now about shoes because you know, I don't want to wear I don't want to wear sneakers to everything, and you know me, I'm not a heel girl. I just really really struggle in the summer.
Speaker 3: What are we in?
Speaker 1: Are we not to bring up the word loaf?
Speaker 3: Are we loafering it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What is a shoe? Apparently a kitten? The heel is very in, you know, the ones, the ones that Gillian wears. I don't know what it is with my.
Speaker 1: White T shirt and jean soccer mom outfit that I'm always in.
Speaker 3: What am I wearing, by the way, said that comment, you have not read a charge. I hate.
Speaker 2: By the way, there's nothing more classic in life than a white T shirt and jean, So we need to knock it off on the soccer momb and your retort was perfect.
Speaker 3: David Beckham's mom Ronald, that best to be fun.
Speaker 1: Sure, But like Cindy Crawford always talks about how a blazer is your go to like to dress up a simple outfit. What's my shoe right now in the summer? What am I wearing? Because I can't do a heel?
Speaker 3: What am I doing? You know some people off for the wedge. I can't do the wedge. I can't do the wedge. You know what the wedge is to me?
Speaker 2: The wedge is like, hey, I can't handle a heel and I'm not cool enough. Not cool enough is not the right word, and I'm not I don't want to be so comfortable in a tennis shoe. The wedge, it is not for me. I don't like a wedge salad. I got to do the work there. A wedge is not committing fully to the heel. I just started watching the Seleine Deon documentary and I'm already, like I'm only twenty minutes in, I'm already crying. But this angel sent from heaven talks in the documentary She's got this whole warehouse of all of her archives of outfits and all these amazing menas of her life that are just like documented like front of the plastic box picture what's in there, the whole thing. And she starts talking about her shoes, and she talks about how she didn't care when she'd go to the store or somebody would bring her shoes. She didn't even care what size they were. If she loved them, she'd cram her foot into it. That's me on the regular. I am the stepsister in Cinderella. I don't care what size that shoe is if it looks good. Mama's jam and her toes in there, and they look so gnarly. I'm not getting any kind of OnlyFans steal for my feet. No, no, but the shoes look great. She's great, your shoes that you should be wearing in the summertime. Tennis shoe to.
Speaker 1: A am doing the kitten heel. You can get away with the kitten heel.
Speaker 3: I can't do.
Speaker 1: Pointon the pointed kitten heel.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And then these shoes there's not even the full heel and they're twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: No, I know they're stupid. I was thinking about that.
Speaker 1: We can talk this on the big show, you know what to be continued on some things we spend money on, but also then I'm very frivolous with other things. I'm like, we'll am not spending twenty dollars on that, and then I'm spending an x amount on the stupid thing, and you agree. We love you guys for the questions and miss so much Stromer. I'm going to send you what my ideal length is for you.
Speaker 3: Missus Stromer. Can we stop saying missus Stromer? How many times have I said that? Okay, love you? Bye?
Speaker 1: Hey, calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.