Speaker 1: And That's what you Really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and That's what You Really Missed podcasts.
Speaker 2: We are broadcasting live from the Blue Wire Studios at the Wind Las Vegas, and we're with.
Speaker 1: The very special essel Ngis. Hello. Hello, it's nice to be here. Wow, Wow, Trio.
Speaker 2: I feel honored to be a part of this, these two that feel.
Speaker 1: So much love, and we're about to do the love episode. Oh that's right. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Wait have you have you ever seen of this hotel before?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh my, oh myke you're saying you're hungry.
Speaker 1: I got to go to your room and I was just blown away the window.
Speaker 2: After this, we have to go eat because the food here is very, very very good.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Wingley is the mission started? These restaurants?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I'm sorry. I'm starving, Kevin.
Speaker 2: Sorry, so dumb. It is so good.
Speaker 1: I'm so hungry. What you had? I want to know just to describe one, just describe a highlight for me of a dish. I just want to just take me there. They like, well make gross some people out, but they carve a whole duck. I was just going to say it. I have duck. Yes they do. It's important. Do they have the skin with the sugar?
Speaker 2: I don't think they have the sugar. That is the best thing in the entire world. It is I don't know, maybe top three best meals I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 1: What Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm not even someone who loves the steakhouse, but the steakhouse here as well might stay. I love a steakhouse. I look. I know that sounds like so fake and not real.
Speaker 1: I believe you all feels very genuine, especially because you told me all of this offline, so you wouldn't. That would be weird if you. Oh, my stomach is growy. He just lied to us.
Speaker 2: I've said here a lot of times. I went to a place last night I've never been before. They have like it was like a restaurant that's near the casino. So I just because i've been to like the fancier ones happen. It was dim Sum Oh.
Speaker 1: My life. Yeah, you're killing me my favorite. Yeah. Don't you feel like everywhere you go people say I have the best dim some place. That's something I hear on the regular listing. Yeah, I loved him, So they're always wrong. You gotta go to dim sum with your mom? Chicken feed? Why don't we always have to have chicken feed? Oh and Chang? Yeah, you're welcome. Wow.
Speaker 3: This is season three, episode thirteen, Heart and its air date was February fourteenth, twenty twelve, of Valentine's Day, the home Mark holiday. In the News, number one song was Stronger by Kelly Clarkson.
Speaker 1: How very exciting Kelly Clarkson was on American Dreams. Oh shit, I'm gonna say, Linda Rons, okay, can you google that? Can I google it? I'll do it, Okay, Kelly Clarkson American Dreams.
Speaker 2: That sounds right. I remember that.
Speaker 1: Actually, Yeah, she was amazing. You have some people in making dreams frendly frendaly see new items, really don't have it.
Speaker 2: That was the number one movie. Rachel McAdams and Chain Kadam didn't see that.
Speaker 1: I'm such a big fan of Channing really and Rachel mccadams right.
Speaker 2: On February nineteenth and Glee News a STEADI caam operator Andrew Mitchell one camera Operator.
Speaker 1: Of the Year, well deserved snapping.
Speaker 2: And we were also, I remember we were pissed that it took so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, but he deserves it so well deserved. You've obviously talked about him to nauseam about how magical he was, oh great, and like how I've never seen anybody dance while having a steadycam operating system on their person. And the fact that his whole team would like surround him like a little amieba and make sure he didn't trip or fall over a chord. It was just brilliant. Really, it was surreal.
Speaker 2: And we always said, like Glee wouldn't he was the unofficial like thirteenth member of the Glee Club, and the Glee would not look how it looked without him.
Speaker 4: No, absolutely, Okay, great, I'm glad you guys. Oh yeah, that's great, but we can't enough of him. This episode was directed by Brad Foulchuk, and it was officially unofficially written by Ali Adler and our team of Glee writers. And we have two very very very special guest stars, Jeff Goldbloom and Brian Sokes Mitchell.
Speaker 2: I mean, I got, I.
Speaker 1: Got, I got a selfie with Jeff goldbla It just growing up in the eighties and the nineties, y icon icon icon, you probably something super strange. We got to ride on a golf cart together. I snapped the selfie that became kind of my best picture of myself for a long time, just because something to write home about. I mean, he's he just yeah, there's no there's nobody like him, absolutely truly.
Speaker 3: Nobody like him, singular singular person. I will say also court over Street. Yes, well, the best intention I've seen it, Jeff.
Speaker 2: I've seen him for an impression and he has he said, oh god, let me see if I can work on it.
Speaker 1: He sent it to you, He sent it.
Speaker 3: Wow, he sent it, which brings us to uh, I mean more, which brings you to kutcher.
Speaker 1: I'm upset. It's so good.
Speaker 2: What he would do, especially with Cord, took.
Speaker 1: That took my breath away.
Speaker 2: He would play this game, whereas like association, where you do that, you would be like, well it was Jeff's idea.
Speaker 3: Jeff's like, let's play a game, and everybody's like, okay, like silent, We're all like silent.
Speaker 1: But he Jeff wanted to be.
Speaker 3: Very engaged with everybody all the time, even Offset, and so Cord. He played a lot of games. But Cord is you know, he soaks people up and spits them out, so it brings us.
Speaker 2: I didn't get to work a lot with Jeff. You know Jeff, we call him Jeff. And I walked out of my trailer I think it was the episode after this actually, and he's like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, it's you. I'm like, hi, nice to me. She's like, it's you. You sing like a bird what Jeff Goldman said about I'm like.
Speaker 2: Well, you raised me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Somebody said that to me recently at the coffee shop that I frequent almost daily.
Speaker 1: She was like, oh, Queen, you raised me. And I was like.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I've never heard say before, Like, I've never heard somebody say that to me before.
Speaker 1: And I was like, wow, wow, wow, that is profound.
Speaker 2: Posted a very very apropos thing recently. It's a picture of him and he's like, if you were old enough to enjoy in my books and come up to me and saying I grew up reading your books, don't come and say.
Speaker 1: That you posted a grandma, right, Okay, Yeah. So the songs in.
Speaker 3: This episode are Love by Knacking colds Harr's audition song Oh very Good, Let Me Love You by Mario Stereo Hearts by Jim class DROs Home Michael Boublay, I will always love you, Highlight Whitney Houston. You're at the top of You're the top by the cast or anything goes Cherish Cherish by macdonnaugh and the Yes and the Association and love Shack by the Bee fifty two's there's some fun facts.
Speaker 2: The titles episode is actually just the heart symbol, which is wild, which is crazy. And I liked the little Glee turned pink. You see that was cute.
Speaker 1: It's very cute.
Speaker 2: In the pilot episode, Rachel introduces her dads by showing a picture of the two of them. Her dads are not those dads and dads now, yeah, now we get that stunt casting. This is actually not the first time Leah and Brian Stokes Mitchell co starred. They were both in rag Time on Broadway in nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Brian played Cole house Walker Junior, and Leah played the little girl Whitney Houston.
Speaker 1: I unexpectedly and sadly on February eleventh, three days before the episode of scheduled to air. In the day after the episode, episode finished and was delivered to network. The episode was then dedicated to me.
Speaker 2: I remember when that aired and people thought like we had done it and turned it around that quickly.
Speaker 1: It is just by sheer coincidence totally.
Speaker 2: We did the Whitney episode later on after that intentionally but not.
Speaker 1: That was dance. Yeah. Samuel Larson makes his debut Showheart on gleat.
Speaker 2: The God Squad. The britanniciss was cut from the four PM episode, which is who knew that they aired episodes that early in the Philippines, but was shown in the primetime telecast at night BM Okay, interesting, okay, I do like this one of the songs in Britte's playlist for Santana Our Purple People, Eater, Disco, duct Monster, Mash on top of Spaghetti pack Man, Fever, Osama Yo Mama, and the different shows.
Speaker 1: I can almost guarantee that this playlist is available on Spotify. That's somebody has done for the singular and also that she says that these are all the songs that play through her head when she thinks of her Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just a great just agreeeah, so great one.
Speaker 1: We'll suggest serenading people from classroom to classroom tena syth the Glee Club when caroling two years before this episode, but it was actually technically only one year before.
Speaker 2: Tina's bad with math whatever, like Jenna's bat with direction, Tina's bad a man.
Speaker 1: That's fair. That is very fair, and Sugar says the only people with dates are allowed. Only people with dates are allowed to come to her party, but already attends the party without a date, as well as the God Squad members and Kurt prior to blaine surprise return. It seems like mostly a bouncer problem. Yeah, she just didn't. She probably fired hired somebody at the end of this night. Give me the summary of this episode. In honor of Valentine's Day, Will challenges the Glee Club to find the and perform the world's greatest love songs.
Speaker 3: So we found that there's a pattern here, Vanessa that Will doesn't come up lesson plans in preparation.
Speaker 1: He figures them out on the fly all the time.
Speaker 3: And I have to say, I just think about this a lot, Like I think that if this wasn't ian thing, like he thought it was a joke, that how bad of a teacher Will is, Like he purposefully did this because there's no other way around it. He as a teacher, bad teacher, Okay, so, Vanessa, this is a big episode for you. Yeah, I got to speak. So this is a very exciting opportunity. I can't like to hear about your first real big episode. Yeah, and it's I mean still to be fair, it was also like you stole it. It wasn't even like all your episode, but you stole it.
Speaker 1: It's yours. Coming from thinking I was coming in for one performance of a bad song to having the whole episode. You'd be like a sugar shack Valentine's Heart theme. I felt, I felt honored and and I was I was excited. It was like, oh, yeah, give me something to do. Go I ate it, ate it. This is very exciting. It was. It was a It was a lot of the outfits turned turned to from they went from an eleven to exactly there's just one moment where I'm wearing that hat. What's that about that?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: I was like, I loved it, though you loved it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely made sense.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's fantastic. Yeah, let's see, you had so much fun. I had so much fun. So it kind of goes back to that, you know, getting that opportunity and wanting to have the best time with it, and and then I have to admit, and this is not going to be a shocked anyone, but being able to have scenes with you, Kevin and I was so cute and and show off a little bit of how in love with you I am on camera, it was a It was a dream come true. Likewise, it was such a joy, just a devastation that it ended how it ended. But I know, well Ory really stepped in there.
Speaker 2: Rory first of all singing home saying I'm going to be like deported.
Speaker 1: He really used it, used, he used his armor, his Yeah, he used it all. I was like, that was nice for him as an actor because he's just so nice, Like I love nice people, but sometimes you're like, but is there anything else mere? And uh and and I never knew that. But when he got to kind of play this manipulation, you know, it was yeah, I'll do anything to get the not even to get the girl I was insignificant, but to win over you, like power game. I thought, Wow, that's really nice. I like he brought it.
Speaker 2: I thought the whole bit was really fun. I was trying to one up each other the whole time. That little montage was great. I really I really enjoyed.
Speaker 1: That I was doing love. Yes that even they were back.
Speaker 3: I was back baby, but also ironically I was back half because my boyfriend and I at the time had gotten into the biggest fight of our relationship, hands down to this day.
Speaker 1: There was crying involved, there was fighting, and I had to come and shoot love that night outrageous and it was.
Speaker 2: You were going through it awful.
Speaker 3: You tell people little mule my makeup artists. I said, like, please fix me. My face was so puffy. I don't know if you can see it. Oh yeah, different. Yeah, I watched it yesterday. I saw it was what is going on?
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, it didn't look so different. I didn't know exactly why, but that makes sense.
Speaker 3: That number specifically, I was like, I have to go shoot tonight and I had to go shoot.
Speaker 1: A song about love awful. It was did Harry know? No, you just kept it?
Speaker 2: Does it help?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Having someone who Melissa like Harry Melissa Melissa, it's a very loving like team you have there. And then Harry, who was like super loving and generous, Yes, like stable, was a really.
Speaker 1: Solid, very protected, very protected.
Speaker 3: It was also good because it was only the two of us, like being an imagine being in a choir room scene where you have to do it in front of everybody and everybody's wondering what's going on.
Speaker 1: Like this was a six pm shoot. It was like just.
Speaker 3: Brad, you know what I mean, Like just Harry, thank God, right, but it's just so funny to like see on the outside. It just said such a good reminder for people in general, like you just don't never know what people are going through, and like how awful that was experience and that shoot was for me and it's like, finally.
Speaker 1: I got a song, finally I had something to do. And then you're like just fucking smile.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want you to know that it read that you had a lot of emotion, so like it read that it was passion, you know, and so it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It didn't. I mean it gave it a lot of juice and to know what was really going on the second you told me earlier today, I I it rearranged in my mind and I understood the deeper, the deeper thing and the thing that I was feeling and it hadn't connected it. And then like I don't know if people understand that actors. I mean maybe maybe now it's different, but when I was raised in this industry. You can't be sick, you can't be sad, you can't be heartbroken, you can't you don't get days off, you don't you don't get there's nothing. I leave it at the door. What was that Paradise song that we did dashboard Light?
Speaker 3: I was so sick that day, hard sick.
Speaker 1: And and and then they had a dress on with the plastic. It was a strapless stress so I had plastic rubber in it to keep it from moving, and I took it off the end of the day. I was so sick all day and I had blisters from the last I was like, people don't understand that. You don't get to be heartbroken. You don't get to have a fight with your partner, which everybody has, and you just have to be on camera for that. It's really a wild part of our 're like, oh, I'm turning blisters in my dress. I don't want to complain. Definitely not I be that person. And it's like, of course our wardrobe people would probably be like because they're so loving, like oh yeah, oh me no, But also you just don't want to be that person. You're just and you're just trained not to like, it's the show must go on, it's what's best for the it's what's best for the group, the what's best for the final product, and you just really you know, yeah, there, so I think again, I compliment you both for having this podcast because it's really a nice time to process. And I loved learning that that was happening for you so I could give some context to what I was feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't believe that's what That's what that was. Yes, and we both clocked it.
Speaker 1: Kevin said the sweet thing. She was like, you've gotten so much.
Speaker 2: You look like you.
Speaker 1: Kevin.
Speaker 3: Actually, the other night he I posted a photo on Instagram. I don't remember what it was, and he goes, you're literally Benjamin Button. I loved that loud because Kevin's the most complimentary person and my number one fan.
Speaker 1: I mean it, but yes, if you mean it so, but he's a benchment Button.
Speaker 2: Episode, I was like, I didn't know you had sobbing and like fighting all days. Your face was like, yes, distraught with feelings, so that makes.
Speaker 3: You're so tired anyway, But you know, lots of shout outs to like sweet Melissa Bule who like they just take care of you, They really do.
Speaker 1: I was also in a horrible relationship with Yes, that's right. No one knew. And I think I think that all jobs, you're not you know, necessarily welcome to come in distraught or heartbroken. But there's there's something too. If you don't show up and and perform in the in the in the with the visual that we need to capture, you are wasting than thousands and thousands of dollars. Yes, this time and and yeah, it's just like it's just a lot, and especially then and it's Glee and it's work, you know, the fame and the popularity, so just that the pressure is added, it's just like a really intense human experience. I remember when Corey uh took a sick day and I was like, wait, what, he's not coming to work. I don't know what. I don't know what the behind the scenes of that was. Do you remember there was one day and he just didn't show.
Speaker 2: Up and he's not someone who wouldn't.
Speaker 1: And I remember thinking, I've never seen that happen in however long my decades, I've never seen somebody not show up for no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I remember because we I mean, we've said this so many times about us being sick and like still showing up because I remember.
Speaker 1: Now they would never do that with what we know about COVID and or viruses, and they'd be like, no, you can't be around. But that was not the case.
Speaker 2: Well, because the whole thing is we all got a big lesson in insurance days.
Speaker 1: You don't take insurance days.
Speaker 2: No, And then I had a producer, I don't know if the producer was anyway, I found out that each insurance they ended up costing like one hundred thousand dollars. Yeah, it's a big day, So like it costs a lot of money if you had to rearrange it or shut down the day completely, Yeah, then it's that much Money's almost a.
Speaker 3: Flaw to know it, because then you're the guilt is on you for sure, for sure knowing being like they need to really sick today. Yeah, they need to have a better system, and I'm sure they. I'm sure they're working on it.
Speaker 1: In you because people should be allowed to take sick days.
Speaker 2: Especially in an ensemble cast like ours as well, where there were so many times where a lot of us were just like sitting in the choir and not doing anything. Where like you could have just shuffled us around, like because sometimes you're not seeing everybody.
Speaker 1: I think when you're filming three episodes at a time and juggling all of that, it's just like, no, there's just it's just not in your right mind. The show must go on. But anyways, we have to talk about sugarshock. You have to talk about sugarshack. Yes, let's talk about the sugarshack. So Vanessa's dancing.
Speaker 2: So this whole episode starts like we have to raise money for two fifty dollars for costumes and hairspray.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe the however expensive that light up wall that Sam used for Mercedes and the Michael episode could have paid for that, But for.
Speaker 1: The ten dollars ten dollars gram performance that the Godswad did, Like what that costs ten dollars? They rented a choir, Yeah, none of them.
Speaker 2: It's like monopoly money. None of it makes any sense. But then group pulls out the water cash and it's like, anyway, here I'm throwing a party.
Speaker 1: Also hilarious, Yeah, that whole like Daddy's throwing your party?
Speaker 2: Yes, And is my memory correct? Did they build the sugar Shack because normally we filmed sticks. You have normally filmed Breadsticks in a real location.
Speaker 1: No, what do you mean. Oh that's a good question.
Speaker 2: What do you mean Redsticks was normally filmed at the Commissary. Yeah, there was one time where they built No, that's true, it was on a stage. Sugar Shack was on a stage, So I really do.
Speaker 1: Because I remember being I remember there being a fake setwall.
Speaker 2: Yes, in those because they built the stage at the end of it. That's not normally there.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why they needed the stage and they couldn't build it at the Commissary.
Speaker 2: And I think we died longer in it because the scene was so long.
Speaker 1: Okay, good. They had also film They had to film other scenes because it was featured a lot in the episode. Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I didn't make that up because I remember, like where I was sitting and like walking in there. I can't believe they just built that was my ego.
Speaker 1: They built the.
Speaker 2: Sugar There's a couple of times also in this episode where Rachel and Finn walking in the opposite side of the back of the auditorium. And I had my friends like watching this episode with me, it was.
Speaker 1: Like we built that.
Speaker 2: I didn't personally build that, but like the budget for the show was so insane at that point that that auditorium is a foot by foot replica of.
Speaker 3: A realm on a stage, which is so odd anyway, And now it's gone a lot of things kind of culminate to this Sugar shack.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So there's the the God Squad members for Mercedes, sam and Quinn and Joe Hart, Samuel Larson who joins the cast, who was on the Glee project, And when I went to go do the like judging mentoring thing.
Speaker 1: Was like, God, that kid's a star, Like he just so much soul to him. Yeah, so funny.
Speaker 3: So his teen Jesus and they were they're doing these gorilla grams and Santana. There's like a big conflict about Santana singing a song to Brittany or hiring them to sing a song because it is the God Squad.
Speaker 2: I'm shaking your head. Seems furious about this.
Speaker 1: Yes, well it doesn't know It was it was that the principle said they can't do p DA. That was the It wasn't the God Squad that said no, It was the.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, Sophigin says that Santana and Brittany can't kiss in public, which is crazy, and then it led to Santana going to the God Squad and kind of testing the limits of which her saying like, there's this double standard, right, and this is this is.
Speaker 1: We're living in the amazing positive impact that has had in the world. Like I think people watched and said, wait, that is fucked up, you know, like where do I see this double standard everywhere? And young people, you know, young people who hadn't yet been just completely conditioned to think that that's okay, right, got to say, wait, no, I don't think that's cool.
Speaker 2: I think that's right. Because a couple episodes ago when Santana was forced out of the closet, there's a lot of blowback from that episode, negative pushback because of all the things that you just said, where they sort of like fumbled that storyline and then also talked about how Rachel and Finn are kissing all the time, but they're not really ever featuring Santana and Brittany. And at the same time, there are all this pushback from like these religious groups on like social media and things. So this episode or the storyline felt like it was in direct response to all of that, being like, we hear you, we know what you're saying. Ultimately, we're still going to do what we want to do, but like we're going to like sort of a piece this religious section and also to the fans, like to an extent, like we'll have the conversation in a way that's like, Okay, sure this represents like a part of the country. And then you have the fans who were upset about which I like that Santana kept calling out Rachel and Finn the entire time likeugh, like come on, like we're seeing this all the time, and it was like, oh, hey, yeah, these are the things that we sort of needed needed to hear and didn't address yes before, like we're doing a little backpedaling here, like maybe up for the things that we might have Totally totally I.
Speaker 1: Love that about Glee. I love that how you know, real time conversation and such a big macro level had to you had to and it was live like you were working working these taboos out live right well, because it was It's kind of trippy.
Speaker 2: It was the first time that you also had the opportunity to have in society, the real time response to normal and average people around the world because normally.
Speaker 1: Everybody's voices were there and they're all social media because before like if you're getting a review, it's in a newspaper from one person. No, you're like, this is the collective, this is how we feel, this is how this group feels. Is how this group feels, and you're you know, you're in relationship in conversation without using the show. It's it's quite brilliant, and I.
Speaker 2: Think it was something like Ryan also had to learn to listen to or not listen to because you're learning in real time. Do I need to personally address these things or not? So I think sometimes it was a good thing, and I think a lot of times maybe it wasn't. But I think and this one it was like good and maybe not at the same time. I wanted to talk about you at Sugar Shack.
Speaker 1: Yes, just.
Speaker 3: Living keeps you on the stage. Was that your idea? Oh gosh, I have no idea. Probably not, I mean, I know I will. I'm always a yes to standing on a table if you want to.
Speaker 1: It was your idea or Zach saying like get on the table, Yeah, just just do it already in sugared that you're not. Yeah, I loved it. It was the sparkly microphone, the furry jackets.
Speaker 2: Do you remember after the God Squad performs, you get up there and you're like, Jesus.
Speaker 1: That doesn't that feels like improvisations. Definitely.
Speaker 2: It's the brilliance of like you as Sugar is, like all these lines feel like they could be improvised, Like that's how natural it felt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure how much was improvised and how much wasn't, But I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Because Brad was directing like you can sort of get away from a little bit.
Speaker 1: He's well, that's I think he did. Yeah, he did. And I also, you know, I was going to shoot my shot, and what I knew about Lee is that they will cut out whatever they don't like the time. So I went for it. And it was so fun. I was watching it and thinking, we all had an amazing time. We did. We was like it was fun and speaking about kind of your re entry, like it was like a bonding time for you and me, and it was really everyone was having fun and I think new the new kids. Yes, it's just a nice It was nice. It was nice. Darren was back. Yeah, it was like the gang was finally back to it felt it felt vibe check. Yeah, it felt really totally like truly fun.
Speaker 2: I was also happy you had a position of sort of leadership, leadership I.
Speaker 1: Was hosting the party. It's weird the character of real life, all the interpersonal relationships.
Speaker 2: Because I think there's no way to not for some people to like judge their position in the hierarchy, not based off of their personal relationships, but based off of like how much you're getting in the story. But like we sometimes you could feel like your worst feels dependent upon that. Yeah, but our relationships are so good with one another that we at least had that yes, no matter what. Yes, But like every now and then it would get to you or you get to us that like, well, am I being valued in.
Speaker 3: My And really that's what it was at the base level, Like am I feeling rued? Am I feeling worthy? Am I feeling like I'm being utilized or for the thing that I want to that I was hired to do? Right?
Speaker 1: And it's hard and it's hard to you go and it's hard on you know.
Speaker 3: It's just there's a lot of things and when you're dealing with stuff in your personal life as well. It's like, how do you get out of the mindset of this when you're all here all the time, Like it's such a mind fuck and a balance especially, it was a really nice re entry and also for you for you know, like a real introduction to Sugar again, like she was like streaming, can't we all just get a lot?
Speaker 1: That was like under that was the base side message. And also I think that was the time where there was fan fiction about Sugar Mada being Brittany and Santana's daughter from the future coming back to I was just I was so obsessed. I thought I was like fan fiction. I didn't know about fan fiction until then, and I thought this is so fun.
Speaker 3: Well, a fan wrote in and asked you how you felt about that, So I'm really glad.
Speaker 1: I just wow, Okay, what did they want to know? I doesn't know how you feel about it. Oh that's crazy. I should really read these notes. I don't have those notes. That's why I like things being kept for me. I love surprises. It was awesome because it was like one episode where I was wearing a shirt and it said the future and that happened before I knew the fan fiction, so then they had this, you know, evidence of that it was happening. And then I was just kind of learning how to use social media, and so it was fun for me to take behind the scenes pictures and I think one time I swaddled myself in a blanket and had them had Naya and Heather hold my kind of like put that out and that was really fun. So it kind of like we were talking about earlier, how Glee was a conversation between the fans and the and and the show real time. I got to kind of taste that with this Britanna. It was really funny. Yes, it was really fun. And then yeah, and then it also gave me, like we were talking earlier, how I just love to build out the world. It gave me. I just adopted it. I was like, I am actually here from the future too, and I have a mission to keep you know, keep my moms together. And the wedding episode made so much more sense came back because I was like, I swear to God in my soul, I'll swear to something else. Yeah, I swear to both of you. Look at these gods. I swear that. That was for sure something I pulled in and I loved and I loved doing that. It felt like a a wink to people, and it gave me, It gave me something to chew on and create. And so the wedding episode really I had that that satisfaction sensation they did it.
Speaker 2: How did it did it feel any? There was there any sort of weirdness you coming back after having an episode off.
Speaker 1: To be honest, No, that's good.
Speaker 3: I feel like it had settled after Michael, like all the hubbub and all the shit I was hearing and like, and then I feel like the time away was actually just time away. It was actually great for me space, Like I wish everybody got an episode away, to be honest. And then when I came back, it was like I was going through a lot mentally on my own and personally, so it felt like I had other things to deal with. So I was like, you know, let me just come back and do my job and like shut my mouth and like do my thing.
Speaker 1: And I had a song and I had like you know, and it was like Vanessa's episode. We had fun.
Speaker 3: I was just trying to like have fun, I remember, but it wasn't Yeah, No, it wasn't crazy.
Speaker 1: That's good, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Speaking of there's a lot of songs in this episode, why was your favorite let Me Love You?
Speaker 1: Yes, because of because your bird, your bird song, your birds birds, because had we gone to Mexico together at this point, I don't think so, that's impossible, right, because we were building the relationship, building the relationship. I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: That doesn't have to be your favorite song.
Speaker 1: It is. Well, I don't know, Amber, Amber sing, yeah, I always love you. There's just no that does an A plus plus. I'm just now I always love you was hands down? What what? Having you serenade me felt real, That's what I'll say.
Speaker 2: I felt like it was you were serenading, reacting in the room like I was personally.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 1: She was She's like, oh my, I know. I was like, she is giving it.
Speaker 2: I didn't believe if she was doing it as sugar. It was this Vanessa.
Speaker 1: It was Vanessa. That's what I was telling you earlier. You were telling me I was always so professional and always in character, and I never dropped. That was definitely a point where I dropped. It was so romantic, but you were sexy.
Speaker 2: I just say I wanted that song on the show for so long?
Speaker 1: Did you campaign for that song? Yes?
Speaker 2: And I stopped campaigning for songs after this.
Speaker 1: That was it. You're done, well, done enough. I didn't like the version, Oh You're so hard on that was great?
Speaker 2: Are They made it like a little faster because they wanted it to be dead and I was like, that's not the type of the song.
Speaker 1: Had to fit into the opposites too. They made everything faster.
Speaker 2: I know, it took out all the soul. To me, I was like, this song, you've now taken out the r Well.
Speaker 1: You definitely brought because I felt it, but I wouldn't have felt it if you didn't bring her. But I also had lost my voice. Do you remember this? I lost my voice too a cold the week before, and so I was in the I was like, maybe that's just so good.
Speaker 2: Was coming out.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I was just go to New York to do like an event and also see this boy I was looking up with. And the producer was like, you can't go to New York unless you finished this song tonight. Oh producer of the show, not music producer, And he knew why I wanted to go to New York. And I was like, okay, just give me a couple Can I get some more tea? And they were patient.
Speaker 1: I am seeing this boy.
Speaker 2: They took me a couple of hours and like, I have a romantic hot getaway to New York for the weekend, and I.
Speaker 1: Got to go. And so I never would have known that, like I had lost my voice in love too. You can hear a little bit of rasp and I didn't. I would never.
Speaker 2: Would have known with you because they fixed me.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I give that one an a wow, Okay, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Can you can? We can we ate. We're rating. I will always love you as well, because that's gets an last. So Jens and I watched the episode together and I'm saying this, and I don't think he'll mind or be embarrassed, full sobs, like crying the whole face. His face was pink. He was so moved. Wow.
Speaker 2: There are certain people who when they sing, no matter what you feel. Yeah, but this was used for like a storyline between Mercedes and Sam. But it's like when Amber opens her mouth to sing something, it connects on so many different layers of like the human condition. They're like obviously works so between their amazing relationship but also how do I not contemplate life? Yeah, when like you listen to her sing something, it just has so much more power.
Speaker 1: And the way they edit it in those three sections, she looked like alphabet and defying gravity. It felt like it felt like, uh, like layers being revealed to us. And that last one, you're you're you're glimpsing into the power, talent and presence of this woman who now has gone beyond that. But even at that moment, you were like, this is the biggest, most powerful, most radiant being and it just felt like it was revealed as they kept cutting and then Corny and I was saying that whole episode corn bringing it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's so weird and odd to stand on the other side of someone performing and giving it to you like that and you just have to react, right, And there's something special between those two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know we're going to cover this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can we just talk about how Jeff Globum and Brian like.
Speaker 1: We'll get more of them, which is also great, but just.
Speaker 2: Their whole conniving stuff with the kids up in the room cheers and like clinking their glasses.
Speaker 3: I'm like, why where is all this money coming from? They look so wealthy, and I was like, this is crazy the limo.
Speaker 2: Jeff has the whole thing about Na and Brian is like, that's not true, None of this is true.
Speaker 1: Yes, it still looked good in there, though, I will say.
Speaker 2: Quick Carol's reaction to being like standpointed out, like why don't we do this more often?
Speaker 1: Or something good? Right? Is that what it was?
Speaker 2: But the wine, I don't know. Seeing all the parents together, it's like they like Carrol out of the basement for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, they like Carol out of the basement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I don't know, We're going to get a lot more of them and the whole storyline of this whole Rachel Finn engagement and announcing to their parents and their parents like being on board, but then I guess like they're kind of not and they're trying to get them to delay.
Speaker 1: It is like I don't know, I don't know. Again, another like it feels like Beth, the Beth Shelby storyline a little.
Speaker 2: Bit at a little more enjoyable.
Speaker 3: Get there, Yes, and then also next episode will also unpack this whole Kurt and Karowski, which Korowski ends up being the secret admirer that Kurt thought was Blaine sending the gorilla grand and all of these things, but that becomes a much bigger thing. And hopefully we can reach out to Max to see if we can talk to him a little bit, or if you can voice notice about the experience of that next episode because it's so excellent and heartbreaking and tragic.
Speaker 1: And shout out to Darren's iPad. Well hold that for chartis takes. Okay, so let's let's rate these real quick. Love, I give a B minus. No, I give that a okay, fine, I give that an a plus plus to just to know where you are and honestly what you transmitted, Uh you like it was really sweet? Used used what was there? And it was it was, it was emotional and I really enjoyed it, agreed, stereo heart. We haven't rated B minus. Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 3: Uncomfortable, it was a little bit too much of the God Squad if you ask me, one too many scenes.
Speaker 1: That's the one where the choir comes out of ten dollars we're talking about how much?
Speaker 2: How much does this court wrapping made me a little uncomfortable?
Speaker 3: Yeah, home, great, Yeah, we're good, so sweet cherish, Yeah, see.
Speaker 1: Yeah See Love Shack Alas and everybody sang together. You know, it was like everybody got their voices in that one, and it was real, the team is together and everyone's having fun. You thank God for you.
Speaker 2: You made that whole scene, like the whole section work, Like your energy, just your lights off screen is the same as.
Speaker 1: It is on screen. Host Yeah.
Speaker 3: TARTI takes okay cringe moments, the whole God Squad thing about debating whether it's say it's okay.
Speaker 1: It's like a little weird. Yeah, I mean more than a little weird. Ouch.
Speaker 3: Best dance move Sugar in the Love Shack, Yeah, Sugar all the time. Best song I Will always, I Will Yeah Horns by Prop I will say Blaine's eye patch, yes exactly.
Speaker 2: It was just brief, but it was there.
Speaker 1: What did you love about it that it was insane? Yeah, it was so weird. Clicks it up as if he doesn't need it, like miraculous recovery. I also love the rain of sequence. That was so much fun. The Heart the Heart Shower. I was so cute at the comfetti.
Speaker 2: That I found hearts in my wheelchair. To the end of the series, like once or twice a season.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what is this heart? They were everywhere. It was so fun though it was so cute. I feel like people were having to throw them from the side. Yes, it was a very all hands on jack that was it looked really was great.
Speaker 3: Best line, Oh Sugar's got so many maybe my dad can buy Ireland?
Speaker 1: So good? That was funny.
Speaker 2: Jesus, they said they set that one out of every ten people. They say that one people out of every ten are gay. Isn't it like one every six now? And if that's true, that means one of the tough apostles might have been gay. And my guess is Simon because that names the gayest And then they bring that back a couple of lines later, record.
Speaker 1: Said something about Simon later it was funny performance.
Speaker 6: M v P.
Speaker 1: Vanessa obviously, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I accept okay should we found on TikTok, Max Lockett sent in the most embarrassing cast photos of us doing press shots, basically calling out how we had to pose for these and how we posed and these insane photo shoots. There's that racy GQ one with Diana Lee and Corey. There's Rolling Stone, There's like some TV Guide it was, oh, there's vogue. Some of them were cool, some of them were it felt like proms, like let's he's.
Speaker 3: Very that was very Glee of him to like point out the thing that we were doing at the time that was very Glee related or Glee camp satire.
Speaker 2: Some of those I have not seen in a very long time. Well it makes me a.
Speaker 1: Vanessa.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us for so many weeks. It's been such a joy to have you. Know what we're going to do without you, don't be anytime.
Speaker 1: You're the win, I mean thank you.
Speaker 2: There's a full team yere at Blue Wires Studios at the Wind So thank you so much for bringing up with.
Speaker 5: Us, for having us win Las Vegas, for having us word or whoever makes the decisions. We would love to be back. We love it and that's why you really missed from the Win Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.