Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode one oh eight What's Right with Nick Wright Live on YouTube. You can add your comments in the chat. We will get to your comments and questions and the C block in the chat. Also, I'm sad to announ it's not gonna do book Club this week because I have fallen behind on book Club and on selecting the book officially. In fact, we're gonna pick book Club up at the after the new year. But we're gonna have our full regular recording schedule of three shows a week. We got a week sixteen Gamblin show coming for you tomorrow. Also on today's show in about twenty minutes top of the B Block. Demonse is broadcasting today through an injury. He mangled his finger getting it slammed in a door. It led me to just reference the fact that I once had to have stitches in the same finger. Is it your middle finger, demansee? No, the same finger that Demonse's having issues with because I try to juggle a broken glass bottle. That story is actually wilder and funnier than it sounds, and it didn't involve alcohol. It didn't involve We'll tell that story in twenty minutes, but let's get right to it. Here is what is not on the show today. What missed the cut for today's show is Ryan Tannehill likely done for the season. What didn't miss the cut as that means my Jags playoff future gonna cash, My JAG's division winning future gonna cash, My Jags season over gonna cash, and my life equity that I have built put into the Princes that was promised, that's gonna cash too. Travis Hunter following Dion to Colorado, and Drace McSorley is gonna start for the Arizona Cardinals. None of that made the show. Don't forget to add your questions or comments to the chat live on YouTube and to subscribe on YouTube. We're not gonna get to one hundred thousand by New Year's I'd love if we could maybe get there by the Super Bowl, though, so please subscribe on YouTube if you don't already, and click the bell so you get alerted when we go live.
Speaker 3: Demons, what are we starting with? Today started with Jalen Hurts. He suffered a shoulder shoulder injury last weekend against the Bears. Yep, so Gardner minshe Gardner Minshew is starting versus Dallas and the Cowboys are big favorites obviously, yep. This is great news for Patrick Mahomes, which now has a straight shot to MVP. But uh is Philly the best? Is Philly the best team the NFC? If Hurts isn't one hundred percent for the.
Speaker 2: Playoffs, absolutely not. I don't think the best team in the NFC if he is. I think San Francisco is the best team in the NFC. But they obviously need Hurts fully operational. This is not going to be. I wouldn't imagine a situation like Carson Wentz goes down, Nick Foles comes in, goes on a magical ride they win the Super Bowl. That team, Listen, Minshew is a good backup. He is not what Jalen Hurts has been so far this year, so they need Hurts back. With that said, guys, there, I don't want to sound like old school football yelling at a cloud guy, but there is a reason that for the entirety of NFL history, teams have not wanted their quarterback to be their primary running threat, and what we have seen this year is validation of that. Right now, let me be clear, having your quarterback, having a quarterback that is not a pure drop back passer and can beat you with his legs is a massive edge and a massive advantage, and it is hard too in modern NFL to overcome if you don't have that. Burrow can do it, Herbert can do it, but almost all the other excellent quarterbacks add a dimension with their legs. But that needs to be something that is done in case of emergency, not what you build your offense around. And Josh Allen can beat you with his arm, but he also quarterback designed runs are a massive part of what the Bills do and they're almost unguardable, indefensible. I should say with that said, Josh Allen's got a banged up elbow and has had it for weeks now, and they keep running him. That would concern me. Lamar running almost has to be a part of his game. Not shockingly, for the second straight year, He's hurt. Tyler is hurt and with a serious injury. Jalen Hurts is hurt. So there is a real some injuries in the NFL, are fluke or random nothing you could do some spots. You've got to make responsible decisions and how you use these guys. Justin Well, it hurt, he got he got banged up in that last game. Now I with with Justin Fields and with Lamar fields where he is now and Lamar it just seemed I mean, he hasn't evolved enough as a passer yet, and I don't know at this point, I don't know if you will. I understand the idea of well, that is the best part of their game, so we're not gonna take it out. Jalen has shown enough evolution as a passer and Josh Allen certainly that I would be more judicious with it. Mahomes is a great runner. He's not that fast, but he runs to open area and he's effected. But the Chiefs do that in case of emergency, and they never do designed quarterback runs. All of Mahomes's runs are scrambles. With the Eagles, they they've solved third and one and fourth and one. How have they done it by having Jalen Hurts run directly into the back of the offensive line than having two guys shove him in the back. So you have your franchise quarterback with twenty one guys on the field all hitting him from different angles. That's risky, just flatly risky. And so I think that is something these teams have to consider. That's first of all. Second of all, on the Mahomes MVP thing, I told you guys when it became Mahomes versus Hurts that just wait long enough. And if Hurts fell off, and at this point he hasn't fallen off, but he had throw a couple picks last week and now he's going to miss a game, they will create a new contender. Mark my words. If the Bengals beat the Patriots this weekend, which they should, the narrative on all the shows next week will be, oh, if Joe Burrow and the Bengals beat Josh Allen, is he the real MVP? So it's going to the narrative will have gone Mahomes versus Allen to Mahomes versus Hurts to Mahomes versus Borough. Tua was almost in it at one point, but then he fell off instead of just acknowledging that the most talented player whose team has the second best record in football, who has the most yards by a mile, the most touchdowns by a mile, and a passer rating higher than all the other MVP candidates, that he's the MVP. Folks are going to try to create a two person race, even if that second person is just constantly changing. All right, next, All right, you said the Jags are.
Speaker 3: Gonna run the table and make the playoffs, Just say that Tonight they have to play Sauce Gardner and the Jets on the road on a short week. Yep, Trevor's won two road games in his career. It's gonna be freezing, and he's just lost his left tackle.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Do we have to physically restrain you from betting the Jags or you a lost cause?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm gonna bet the Jags, but they're gonna win Okay, their defense is gonna make I mean, here's the thing, if the Jets had Mike White playing, I'd feel differently about this, because the Jets defense is excellent, and I do and I am bummed that Trevor loss is left tackle. But Zach Wilson's a terrible, terrible player, and at least he has been. That sounded more harsh than I meant it too, but he's bad. And the Jags are gonna win, and the Titans don't have Tannehill, and the Jags are gonna go to the playoffs. And I'm telling you right now, the possible five seeds in the AFC, the likely five seeds are the Ravens, the Chargers, or the Dolphins. I don't think any of them want to see the Jacks. Now, the other division winners are going to be the Chiefs, Bills, and Bengals, so I suppose they would rather see the Jags than see those teams. But the Jags are going to be hosting a playoff game, just like Peyton Manning in year two. Trevor Lawrence is going to win to win the AFC South and host a playoff game in year two. Now, Peyton, I think was thirteen and three when he did it, but still the point stands, and me never abandoning the prince that was promised is one of my best sports takes ever. What Demonsey, what are you shaking? No? I stopped betting him. I never abandoned him. I absolutely never abandoned him. Fourteen touchdowns, one pick over the last six weeks, the league's highest passer rating, all of these things, and uh we will. There's one other point that I wanted to, oh yeah about the Jets. Just I threw this out on TV yesterday briefly, Just let let the chat marinate on this. Okay, this offseason AFC East quarterback trade, both from the same draft class, both falling out of favor with their teams. Who says no to Zach for Mac? Who says no to Zach Wilson for Mac Jones? Straight up? I don't know if Gabe's with us today, would but I don't think Belichick likes Mac Jones Zach Wilson.
Speaker 3: That he didn't like Mac Jones, and he's gonna take a liking to Zach Willion.
Speaker 2: Well, Zach Wilson at least has physical tools, and if he thinks the problem with the Jets is they're the Jets. It's been coaching. Meanwhile, the Jets just want a quarterback that will play the way Mac Jones played as a rookie. You know what I mean. Don't make mistakes. It to me. Both those guys are, I believe, done with their respective teams. I think Ma's fallen out of favor and Zach Wilson has clearly falling out of favor, but they're both on rookie contracts. I think Zach Wilson for Mac Jones is an interesting my problem for your problem. See who can solve it? Just like it and just just let it marinate folks. Okay, all right, next.
Speaker 3: No, No, I think there. We're gonna make a poll for it. Maybe we'll answer it later Jack, but I'm guessing is gonna happen. But yeah, there's that poll.
Speaker 2: In Okay, So we're gonna make a poll for Mac. Verzak who says no. So make the options. I don't know if we can do multiple options like this, but the options, Uh, Jets say no, Patriots say no, both say no, both say yes. Right, make that the four options. I think they both say yes. By the way. Seventy seven percent of our audience on the Jags plus a point and a half, all right, next to Monsea.
Speaker 4: All right. The race for the AFC one seed is a close one.
Speaker 3: The Bills currently sit at the top with the tiebreaker over Kansas City. The Bengals and Chiefs have a real shot at taking taking over by the end of the season. Yeah, all three teams are favorite to win this week and Buffalo and since he play next week, Buffalo is the favorite favorite to.
Speaker 4: Be the number one seed.
Speaker 3: But you can you can get Kansas City at plus one thirty yea, and the Bengal that plus seven hundred.
Speaker 4: Who are you putting your money on?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think Kansas City is gonna be the one seed. Kansas City as Seahawks Denver Raiders to end the season.
Speaker 4: And you think the Bills are gonna lose to Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I think the Bills are gonna lose once so but but let me walk through this real quick. I believe the Raiders come Week eighteen are going to be mathematically eliminated. So I if the Raiders were playing for a playoff spot in Week eighteen, that's a tough game. It's a talented Raiders team that only lost by one the first time they played Kansas City. But if they got mathematically eliminated the week before, which I think they will have, that's a much easier game. The Broncos stink, and the Chiefs are gonna be the Seahawks this week, so I don't think the Bills are going to go undefeated. They almost lost last week to the Dolphins. They're at Chicago, then at Cincinnati, and then home for New England. If I were to bet this, however, Cincinnati is an intriguing bet because if Cincinnati runs the table, they just need Kansas City to lose once. The Bills will lose. By definition, if Cincinnati runs the table, because it will have lost to Cincinnati, they would just if Cincinnati runs the table, they need the Chiefs to lose once. So Cincinnati at seven to one is the most intriguing value proposition, But I think the Chiefs are gonna get it. It is gonna be a really assuming Let's just assume all three win this week and Cincinnati wins next week, then all three teams have to go all out in week eighteen, because they will. If that happens, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Kansas City will all be alive for the one, the two, or the three. So in a weird spot where if they beat Cincinnati again, assuming they all win this week, Okay, if Buffalo beats Cincinnati, then Buffalo just has to beat the Patriots in week eighteen and they're the one seed and Cincinnati, if they lose to Buffalo, is essentially locked into the three. But if Cincinnati wins that game, then the and assuming the Chiefs beat the Broncos going into week seven week eighteen, the Chiefs would be thirteen and three. Buffalo and Cincinnati would both be twelve and four, but Cincinnati would have the tybereaker over Buffalo. Both of them would have the tybereaker over in Kansas City to where if Cincinnati, if Kansey were lose in week eighteen, Kancy would fall all the way to the three line. So there's not gonna be any resting for any of these teams, and that, by the way, I'm gonna tell you the worst case scenario for any of these teams is you don't get to give yourself if you were to be eliminated from contention for the one seed and just like locked in to the three line, for instance, you can rest in week eighteen, you can just give yourself a buye. But if you're still alive for the one seed and you gotta play all out in week eighteen and then don't get the one seed, you don't get a buye, and that's gonna happen. I think that's gonna be the scenario. I think all of these teams are gonna have to play all out the final three weeks of the year, and only one of them's gonna end up with a bye. We'll see who it is. It Right now, Buffalo is in the pole position, but I don't think Buffalo is running the table to rest the way, It's one of the most interesting races at top a conference that I can remember, with three teams not tied but damn near tied, and two of them play each other in week seventeen.
Speaker 3: All right, last, all right? Lebron and Luca go head to head on Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Not sure how you're gonna mentally handle this game. The Lakers started off slow, but of an add a nice comeback before Anthony Davis went down, and the MAVs started off hot to struggle lately and are now below five hundred. What are you gonna do when both of you guys don't make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not gonna happen. The idea, the idea that they both missed the playoffs is almost impossible. One of them missing the playoffs is on the board the Lakers, listen. I think the Lakers are gonna be able to tread water without Ad. But Lebron last night was thirty one, six and eleven and they lost by double digits to the Kings. If they don't make a move, It'd be one thing if they were playing if they were losing these games and Lebron wasn't playing well. Lebron's playing excellent, and they're just not good enough. Here's the reason that I don't think they both can miss the playoffs. Denver well miss the play in. Could they miss the playoffs, Yeah, they could. But Denver, Memphis, New Orleans, Phoenix are basically to me locked into the playoffs. The Clips are close to You can't call him locked in because of the injury stuff with Kawhi and Paul George, but call them in and the Kings could fall off, but they're playing well. Okay, those right now are your top six seeds. Portland to me, is a question mark, Utah is a question mark. Dallas is right there, and then there's Minnesota tied with Dallas, and then Golden State by the way, the Lakers behind to okay see at the moment, Golden State okay see and the Lakers and take you for down eleven, twelve, thirteen. As far as making the play in Dallas is going to be final, making the play in the Lakers hopefully will. We'll see how long ad is out making the playoffs, though it's not a guarantee, and it is hard that both of these teams. Listen, I picked the Maps to make the finals. That doesn't look like they have the team for that. I'm not going to deny. I mean, Luke is unbelievable, but the team around him has not been what I thought it would be.
Speaker 3: What I don't know, maybe it's my first time hearing you say this, but when the heck did you choose the MAVs.
Speaker 4: That go to the finals this year?
Speaker 2: Before the season they made the Western Conference finals last.
Speaker 3: Year and then traded Jalen Brunson And you're like, walk they let Jallen Brunson walk.
Speaker 2: No, I understand that it was it was maybe uh you know you've benefitted from this at times. You know I have an outsized belief in my sons. Uh and so uh, I'm gonna be honest, this was not my greatest the last few minutes analysis of the NBA playoff picture, I have not really considered the possibility that both Lebron and Luca missed the playoffs. It would be damning for Luca, a guy who I think has a chance to go down will go down as one of the ten greatest players ever. He can't miss the playoffs. I don't think he will. He has to be able to draft this team to at least the playoffs and then see what happens. The Lakers right now roster is super flawed without ad Nad's heart again, so they're very hard to evaluate until you see what trade they make. There's little rumblings about a potential Russ and both the firsts for Bradley Beal. Now, that would be a fascinating trade and help the Lakers a lot, even though deals on a crazy contract that would change the math. The Lakers are just hard to evaluate until you get the full roster. But we're now thirty games in, so at some point it becomes too late. What helps both of these teams is the Warriors stink and the Warriors, which are one of the teams that everyone thought was locked into the playoffs right now, is just to game up on the Lakers themselves, and they don't have Steph for the next month, so the Warriors could open up a playoff spot. All right, take a quick break, come back, I'll tell the story about when I try to juggle a broken glass bottle.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robless, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back. In episode one, Oh wait, what's right with Nick? Right? Before we get to the rest of our show, a few polls from the first segment to address I proposed in the offseason Mac Jones for Zach Wilson trade.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Who says no? The audience says forty five percent of the audience says New England says no, nine percent of the audience say the Jets say no, thirty four percent says both say no, and only ten percent say they both say yes. That's a that's I. I. How what are y'all talking about? How can they both say no? How can the Jet How can the Jets not be on board with this? So forty nine percent say the Jets say no, in thirty four percent they both say no, So forty three percent of you think the Jets are like, no, We're gonna ride with Zach Wilson. They made him third string before the Mike White and Joe Flacco got give me a break. And as far as the Patriots, they they they should be going with Zappy right now. You guys are wrong. I'm just telling you the audience wrong. As far as who makes the playoffs, Uh, ten percent say the Lakers, fifty three percent say the MAVs, twenty eight percent say both neither say seven percent Okay, that's about right. From the audience there all right. Now a story. So Demanse gashed his finger by slamming it in. He got closed in a in a door and it's cut badly, like right across here, and he probably should have gotten a stitch. You didn't get a stitch.
Speaker 4: You'll be all right.
Speaker 2: I have two stories to tell. The first one is a heartwarming story. The other one is a funny story about my childhood. When Demanse's mom and I first started dating, we couldn't have been dating more than three months. You, I'm sure you don't remember that. Well, I'm sure you do remember it. Yeah, you tripped outside of someone's house and it was they had those like cement steps leading up to the door with one of those raw iron handrails, and you slipped and gashed your face right on right where your eye socket is, right on your eyebrow and cut it badly. And I was out to dinner and your mom me, and it was like, what should we do? I think he needs stitches. I don't know if he needs stitches. And the neighborhood that you lived in at the time, it's in the inner city in Kansas City. The emergency room there, you'd be there for ten hours. So I told your mom, I said, take him to the fire station off sixty third Street, and she was And if people don't know, if people that are watching don't know, my dad was a firefighter for forty years, was president of the union for thirty years, and I used to kind of work with the fire department, drove around different fire stations and sold firefighter apparel to different firefighters. So I knew all these guys, and they all knew my dad. And all the firefighters, all of them are EMTs and some of them are paramedics. I was like, you're right by a fire station that I know. One of the guys guy's name was Chris Ziglinski Ald not older now but at the time, relatively young Polish guy that had worked with my day. I had a great dude. I was like, just go there, knock on the door and tell him who you are. And your mom was real skeptical, and she did it, and the firefighter opened the door and it wasn't Ziggie who opened the door and was like hello, and the way your mom she's like, yeah, my son fell and you know he's bleeding. And they were like, okay, well we can give you some gauze or something. You need to go to the hospital. She's like, yeah, I knew that, but my boyfriend said he knows. You guys, They're like huh, and your mom was like my boyfriend's nick right, And Ziggy heard it and said, oh, nicky, and then brought you guys in and gave you what was called new skin and said, put this on some butterfly bandages. It could use a stitch, but it doesn't have to have one. And then I tended to that wound for like two two months, for real, like every we had to do it, and there's not even a scar there anymore. Your eyebrows grew over it. It was right there. It was right there. Okay. So that's that story. That was like me and Demonse's first real bonding moment because me and his mom were so new. Demanse was ten years old, nine years old and somewhat skeptical of me. Okay, Now to my story about messing up my finger. So I had seen on the David Letterman Show someone had broken glass beer bottles and juggled it. Okay. I used to love ib C root beer, the root beer that came in a you a glass bottle. And it was summer and I was like twelve years old, and I was walking across the street with my IBC root beer and I dropped it and the bottom of it broke and it looked just like the bottle. And I'm with my friends and I lived. This is in the summer, and I lived right but I used to climb a fence from my house, go go across street to my neighbor's yard, climb their fence. And I was at school. My school butted up against my neighbor's backyard, so I could just walk to school in five minutes. That's gonna be relevant in a moment. So the bottle's broken. I throw it up in the air and I catch it by the non broken part. But my friends aren't looking and they don't believe me. They're like, no, you didn't. I was like, yes, I did. I did. Watch throw it again, catch it by the non broken part, and it slices my finger right open, right open, and I'm like, oh, this is bad. This is real bad. I was like, but I can't call my dad and be like, Dad, I was juggling a broken glass bottle. Yeah, what do I do? And I knew my school had a summer program. So with my hand just dripping blood, I hopped the fence, walked into my school, went to the nurse and said I cut my hand. She was like, oh my god, how'd you do this? I was like, I fell in the grass and there was a piece of glass and I cut myself. She's like, oh my god. And then she stopped and she goes, hold on a second. Are you enrolled in the summer program. I was like no. She was like, why are you here? And I said I hurt myself. She said, you can't just come here for medical attention. I was like, I need help. She said you need to call your parents and said, no, not call my parents. So she gave me like paper towels and kicked me out. I was like, you got to get out of here. We're not responsible for just we're not a told her that you went to that school. She knew me. Oh that's how she knew, but it was July like I had nothing to do with the school in that moment. Went in to my friend's house. I was like, I I think I'm gonna be okay, but I got to clean it and my buddy poured hydrogen peroxide and this is a deep nose. It wasn't better. I passed out hurt so much. I passed out on his floor. So now I wake up. It was very brief, pat, but I like fainted from the pain. I'm bleeding everywhere. His mom heard me fall. She's like, what happened? It's like a and again. Now I'm pot committed to this story of I fell in the grass and cut my hand, which makes no sense. So she's like, you have to call your father.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, I really got to call him.
Speaker 2: Called him like, Dad, I cut my hand. I think I need stitches, so I mean. He, to his credit, you know, didn't worry about the circumstances of it, just came and got me to to me to the hospital. I got some stitches. As I'm meaning the stitches, he's like, so, what happened again? Unlike I fell in the grass in our front yard and there was a piece of glass there, And he's like, okay, I think I'm an idiot, and so I get the stitches. We go home, we pull under the driveway. Yeah, he's like, I was like, what are you doing. He's like, well, I don't want you to happen again. We gotta find this glass. And I mean, I don't know if I ever told him the truth on it, but he knew that I was doing something dumb. He knew I was doing something dumb. So that's my story. I hope that was a good story. All right, demanse, let's get back to the show. Go ahead, all right, let's talk a little bit of golf, yup golf.
Speaker 3: On Tuesday, the Masters announced any golfer who qualified based on previous criteria will be invited to play in twenty twenty three. So, after all that, the littour guys are going to be able to pay the Masters play the Masters. I'm sorry, AUGUSTA chairman Fred Ridley said, our focus is to honor the tradition of bringing together a preeminent field of golfers is coming April. Was this a classy move out the PGA or did Phil and the other lived tour guys officially just win the argument?
Speaker 2: Well, the Masters is like its own self contained thing and they kind of make their own rules, So I don't know that Phil and the live tour guys won the argument. But this is obviously that in my opinion, it's good for live golf and bad for the PGA Tour because one of the few real chips that the PGA Tour was gonna be able to hold was if you go play on the Live Tour, you're not gonna be able to compete for all the majors, maybe any of the majors, but now you are gonna be able to compete for the Masters. For what it's worth, I don't have as much much of a I'm not as wrapped up in hating the Live Tour as some people are. It's not that I support it. I've just been pretty i't I've talked about this on the show before. I think it's very hard to be a morally pure capitalist. I understand that the Saudy government is on the far end of the spectrum of people you wouldn't want to be in business with. I get all of that. With that said, it's for another day. The moral relativism of how we all go about our lives, who we all get paychecks from, where a lot of us get paychecks from, it gets It's more complicated than PGA Tour good, Live Golf bad. I think it's a little more nuanced than that. But as a huge fan of the Masters, I am glad that the best golfers alive, all of them, are going to be able to play in it. So from a purely selfish sports fan perspective, I'm.
Speaker 3: Glad that this came about. All Right, what game are we playing today? We're playing this or that? Yeah, the first one we've got here is the Vikings clinched the NFC North in that ridiculous Colts game, yrazy comeback, and now they play a suddenly a live Giants team. Gamblers are excited to bet against the bet against both quarterbacks in the playoffs. Quarterback you trust in the playoffs more? Is Kirk Cousins or Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: I mean Kirk Cousins. I trust him more than Daniel Jones in the playoffs. Neither's great. Also, it's absolutely in play if the Vikings win this game, and I like the Giants plus the points, that'll probably be one of my picks for tomorrow. But it's absolutely in play if the Vikings win this game. That this is Round one of the playoffs. The seven seed Giants, who are currently the six, against the two seed Vikings, who are currently the two. So we might get this game in the postseason. We might which would guarantee either Daniel Jones or Kirk Cousins makes round two. The Vikings are not a bad team, but they're obviously not as good as the eleven and three record suggests, and their fortune in one score games is historic. But I will give them credit for not giving up against Indy in a game they could afford to lose because they have such a lead in the division that they were gonna win the division no matter what. I give them credit for that, and I trust Kirk a little bit more. Also, Kirk as justin Jefferson, which is obviously massively helpful. All right, Next, just.
Speaker 3: Want to add crazy, how the narrative is now they play a Giants team that's suddenly alive given the start of the Giants season.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, I don't know he's saying. We were saying the Giants are suddenly alive given I mean.
Speaker 2: Six and one and then they fell apart and now yeah, absolutely, okay, I got you go ahead?
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: After starting one in seven, the Lions have won six out of seven and Dan Campbell is the Coach of the Year favorite. They can enter the playoff picture as soon as this week. The Lions will sneak in or miss out. All right, let's talk about this for a moment.
Speaker 2: So football outsiders playoff odds, which is something that I value a lot. Let me pull it up the latest one have so we know. So there's gonna be two playoff spots available for Giants, Washington, Seattle, and Detroit. Okay, the Giants are at ninety percent to get one of them. Let's just pencil them in. Okay, Washington's at twenty six percent, Detroit is at forty three percent, and Seattle is at thirty three percent, So not a huge discrepancy between any of them. Obviously, football outsiders likes Detroit's chances. So let's look at their schedules. Okay, Detroit seven and seven, Seattle seven and seven, and Washington is seven to six and one. That tie is actually helping them quite a bit at the moment. Washington the rest of the way. This week they're at the Niners, then they're home for the Browns, then home for the Cowboys in a game that likely will mean nothing for the Cowboys. That's critical, right, The Cowboy is probably going to be locked into the five seed at that moment, so I would imagine the Commanders lose this week, win next week, and then play a Cowboys scene that might not be playing for anything. So they have a real good shot at getting to nine six and one. If they were to do that, then Detroit or Seattle would have to run the table. Detroit the rest of the way has the Panthers, the Bears, and the Packers. The Packers, I believe will be playing for nothing in Week eighteen, will be officially eliminated. Will they play Jordan love will or will Rogers demand to play? I don't know, but that's a nice schedule for the Packers. Seattle is in the roughest spot because they have the Chiefs this week, then they're home for the Jets, then home for the Rams. So looking at those schedules, I do think Detroit gets in. I think Detroit sneaks ink to the playoffs. And that actually would mean I guess I just said the Giants could be the seventh seed. They're probably gonna be the sixth seed, but they could be the seven seed. They'll probably gonna end up being the sixth seed. But yeah, I think Detroit sneaks in. Sneaks in all right, next, Okay, so.
Speaker 3: We got Jeff Saturday benching Matt Ryan and naming Nick Foles a starter against the Chargers on Monday. You said Saturday was incompetent and not trying to tank, But this is the third quarterback change in five weeks and Foles didn't take any snaps with the first team since camp.
Speaker 4: Are you sure he's trying to win? Jeff Saturday is trying or tanking?
Speaker 2: He's trying. He's trying. If you were tanking, yeah, you could just stick with Matt Ryan and just call seven step drops and just having to fumble the ball and get annihilated. No, he doesn't know what he's doing. Yeah, this is not five dimensional chess. This was This is the quarterback the NFL coach version of when when Trump had the press conference and he was like, bleach kills covid, I don't know, is there a way to drink it like that? Wasn't him like playing somebody, Oh he understands something we don't understand. It was just a guy who's not that sharp, thinking on his feet, and it didn't go well. Jeff's Saturday flailing as a head coach is a guy who is not supposed to be a head coach. That flail just making random choices and.
Speaker 3: Then whenever something historic happens in a negative way, I feel like it's gotta be something's off there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they've been outscored eighty three nine in the fourth quarter since he took over. They blew a thirty three point lead. Last week, they blew a thirty three point lead despite It's not even like the Vikings played perfect. The Vikings threw a fourth quarter pick down two scores and still won the game. No, he's trying, He's just terrible, All right, next, All right?
Speaker 3: Matt Stafford announced his his spinal cord injury will not force him to retire. Questions surround other Rams start stars heading into the offseason, and Detroit has their first round pick next year, the Rams will return or rebuild, Well.
Speaker 2: They can't listen. Assuming Aaron Donald comes back, the Rams should be good next year, not great, but good. They must prioritize the offensive line this offseason. Stafford hopefully's over the elbow injury. Cup will be back. Ramsey's got to play a little better. But what they have going for him is that division all of a sudden, not that tough, tough to win because of San Francisco, but I don't know if Seattle is gonna be as good next year as they were surprisingly this year. Maybe they will, we'll see. And Arizona is terrible, and the Rams are gonna get a last place schedule, which will help them for a few games, a few easier games, so I listen. I don't think the Rams are gonna contend for anything next year, but I think they will at least return to being a legitimate playoff contender as opposed to one of the worst teams in football as they were this year.
Speaker 4: All right, last, right. The Week sixteen NFL schedule is crazy.
Speaker 3: We have NFL games on four out of the next five days. Red Zone is on on a Saturday. Do you prefer your NFL every day or just on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I like it on Sunday. I don't mind that we're replacing Sunday with Saturday this week so it's not on Christmas Day. I get that. I don't like the NFL Christmas Day tripleheader. I I just don't.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The thing with the NBA is I liked the NBA on Christmas because you can kind of float in and out of watching it, you know what I mean. You don't have to sit and watch the entirety of every game. You can watch the end of all the games, watch one game in its entirety. I the NFL, to me, is getting a little over zealous with the number of days that we're expected to build our day around watching football. It's the it's last Saturday and Sunday. It's now this Saturday and Sunday. In the playoffs, it's gonna be every Saturday and Sunday for the first few weeks. I just it's a little too much. And I like the experience of all so many games on Sunday and almost the century overload. So it's a little too much. But they're not, they're not. They're gonna keep going as long as the ratings continue to be excellent. Thus far, they've continued to be excellent. All right, we answer your questions in the chat next. That's right, all right, welcome back in episode one oh eight What's Right with the Great Podcast YouTube show. We're gonna answer your listener or viewer questions and comments right now. Remember to subscribe to us on iTunes, on Spotify wherever uture podcasts, but also on YouTube. Please, we'd love to get to the one hundred thousand YouTube subscribers, we get a plaque if that happens to Monday's moving to California in about two months or a little less than that, and I'd love to send him with that plaque. If we don't get to one hundred thousand by the time he leaves, I'm keeping the plaqu all right, amanse uh oh. And by the way, also shout out to whomever.
Speaker 4: It was on the twitch.
Speaker 2: No that runs a bar at Lax. Oh, Yes, that had our podcast on the big screen on the TV at Lax. You know what I'm gonna I'm gonna make a what was the what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Uh? He said? The guy was like, hey, Nick, please send me another remote.
Speaker 2: I know I saw that send me another remote, guy, and it got stuck on this show. Yeah, so listen, I would like to do something. I don't know that I actually can do it. So this is a soft promise, not a full promise. Anyone that has a smart TV in a public venue where you can get YouTube that puts this podcast on for the general public and takes a picture, take a picture, tweet it at What's Right show, I'm going to try to get some type of swag to send you, okay, or I could just do a cameo for him. Sure, we'll throw that in as well. We'll throw in a Demonds cameo as well. That's a good idea. I like that, all right? What are the listener questions? Demanse?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Scott Frazier asked, if just Efferson goes for twenty one hundred, can he get the MVP if Mahomes stumbles and Hurts doesn't play.
Speaker 2: No, just listen, Justin Jefferson's not going to get the MVP. Uh. He could show up on ballots though, because they changed the MVP voting to where instead of just one name, you submit five names. So I think he can show up on uh some ballots, but I don't think he can win MVP. No, I don't.
Speaker 3: Next, okay, Grand Minister omega ass I've seen a highlight of Nick so smartly folding a two pair. I think Jayson nine Jackson nine Jackson ye, Jackson nines to a flush or a straight or something.
Speaker 4: Was that the best fold.
Speaker 2: You ever experienced?
Speaker 4: What is here?
Speaker 2: He's talking about a poker No, he's talking about a poker clip of me folded on that the Poker Show. Yeah, and one of the the the best fold I ever made. Uh, it's actually not that interesting. But oh, look at what's going on on our screen right now that they're trying to show us. Right now, I see it. They're trying to show the picture from LAX and it's creeping onto the live screen right now. This is not the best fold I ever made. I don't know. I don't have a good quick way to tell the story. I had ace jack on a jack high board and I folded to one bet, and I'm sorry, I had ace jack on an ace high board and I folded to one bet and properly called out that the guy had Ace Queen. And he was beside himself that I was correct, But I need to give you the full context of it as to why that was such a good fold. That's not going to work in this format.
Speaker 4: So he was like, literally just one card above you or.
Speaker 2: Whatever, exactly right. He had me notched by one and there was no reason for the bet size he made and for all of it that I should fold, except I just knew it, and so that was probably it, all right, neck.
Speaker 4: Anonymous ass if and win the Jags Jags in the.
Speaker 2: Tampa t What do you think TPTWP stands for what do you think, Sam prince that cost me a lot of money, but the prince that would promise to make the playoffs?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who would you like to see them play? And who do you think they have a chance to beat?
Speaker 2: I mean Jaggs, Ravens, Chargers is who they would play one of the three? I'm sorry, Dolphins, Ravens, Chargers who they would play one of the three. They could beat any of those teams. They could absolutely be they could beat any of those teams. I think the Chargers are the best. The Ravens are the hardest to peg because we don't know Lamar's health situation, and the Dolphins have the biggest variance between their best game and their worst game. But they could beat any of them. I would probably pick to have them play the Ravens. I would probably if I could set the playoffs perfectly, it would be the Chiefs is the one, the Bills is, the two Bengals, three Jags, four, with the Ravens as the five playing the Jags, the Chargers as the six playing the Bengals, and the Dolphins at the seven, giving us a third game against the Bills. Because both those games have been so good. All right, next?
Speaker 3: All right, Grant Dorian asked Nick, do you think Justin Fields will be on the Lamar Hurts trajectory starting next season? Being another young, super athletic quarterback that excels in their second year starting.
Speaker 2: I think he could be if the Bears add a lot of help. They need real receivers, they need an offensive line. Luckily they have the cap space and the draft picks to do it. The Bears right now would have the second pick of the draft. I personally, if I were them, would try to do the same type of trade Miami did with San Francisco, where you trade out of the top three for a team that wants a quarterback, get a bunch of extra first round picks, and rebuild my team that way. But I like Justin Field a lot. And what he has going for him that Lamar and Jalen don't is he's huge, six fours in a half, like he's a big, big guy. Lamar and Jalen are not that. Yeah. I like Justin Fields if he can stay healthy. It's tough that style of play. All Right, good show today, Good job Demanse, I gotta go do television. We'll see you guys tomorrow for the gambling show What's Right.