Speaker 1: Welcome in everyone to Lively Lewis Stories. That's right, We're back with even more awesome adventures with Levi and Ivy. Set your storytime meter too fun and get ready to join the Lively Lewis crew.
Speaker 2: All you need is your imagination and we go. I can't wait. You see were my story to just good day?
Speaker 1: Have you ever wanted to get more Lively Lewis.
Speaker 2: In your life, Well we've got you covered.
Speaker 1: Grab an adult and zoom over to Livelylewishop.
Speaker 2: Dot com or just click on the link in our show notes. Enough about that, let's get too Today's super Live Ay Lewis story.
Speaker 1: Hey friends, this is part two of King Candy Catastrophe. If you haven't listened to part one, go listen to that one first and then join us on this story.
Speaker 2: The second part of the story you're.
Speaker 1: About to enjoy was inspired by Miss Purple. Thank you for your great idea. Hey kiddos, do you think I could get my King Colossal jellybeans from you? Ask Levi and Ivy's dad. Thing said Levi, feeling a bit relieved that his dad interrupted their candy taste test.
Speaker 2: And what are those?
Speaker 1: Levi's dad asked, sounding interested in his new candy that his kids were each holding. Oh these they're new, said Ivy, like so new that no kid has ever tried them before. Miss Purple gave them to us and she wants us to try them and tell her what we think. Yep, she said, King Candy always has a room for candy creators, so we have to try them, added LEVI have to try them, asked Levi and Ivy's dad, standing confused, You seem unsure, like you don't want to eat them. You too love King Candy, so why aren't you excited for the taste test. That's when Levi and Ivy told their dad what was inside the candy. Oh I get it now, said their dad with a laugh. Levi and Ivy were hoping he would tell them it wouldn't taste that bad and that they could do it, but instead he said, ew, that doesn't sound like it would be good at all.
Speaker 2: Good luck.
Speaker 1: Then he grabbed his jelly beans and hurried down the treehouse ladder. Levi and Ivy looked at each other again, counted down from five again, and then each took a big bite of their candy covered veggie And.
Speaker 2: It was everything you would think it would be.
Speaker 1: It's it's starred Levi as he slowly chewed his candy with his eyes close tight. It's different, said Ivy as she chewed her candy. Too different as being kind, said Levi, this is the grossest candy I have ever tasted. You're right, replied Ivy, spitting out the candy into its wrapper.
Speaker 2: I can't finish this.
Speaker 1: Levi did the same and wiped his mouth, trying to get every last bit of chocolate covered veggie that he could out. Then they each grabbed one of their favorite candies from their bag and quickly gobbled them down to get the taste of candy covered Brussels sprout broccoli out of their mouths. What are we gonna tell Miss Purple asked Levi.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just know that I don't want to hurt her feelings, said Ivy. But we have to tell her the truth. Can you imagine if these candies get released right before Halloween? Oh no, moms and dads will buy them because they want to give out healthy candy, and our trigger treat bags will be filled with these things, said Levi with a look of tear on his face. We can't let that happen, said Ivy. We have to tell Miss Purple the truth right now. Levi and Ivy ran down from their treehouse. They found their parents and told them all about their taste tests and how they had to tell Miss Purple before she released the candy. Their parents said okay and would allow Levi and Ivy to head back to the candy store, but they had to wait until after dinner because they had some fall activities planned for the afternoon. Levi and Ivy said that would be fine, and once dinner time rolled around and they quickly ate and headed off to the candy store. They told their parents they'd be back in a bit and had to hurry because it's the door would be closing soon. But as they rounded the corner, they saw that the closed sign had already been placed on the front door. Oh no, how come they closed early, asked Levi. But when he got closer to the door and looked, and he got his answer. The store was completely cleared out. Wow, it looks like they sold out for everything, said Ivy. That's when Levi rested his hand on the door handle and it swung open.
Speaker 2: I guess Miss Purple forgot to lock the door.
Speaker 1: After she put up the closed sign, said Levi as he and Ivy wandered into the store.
Speaker 2: Hello, hello, Miss Purple, are you still here?
Speaker 1: The door was unlocked, called out Ivy as she and Levi walked further into the store. It was dark in the store and as the sun was beginning to set, and the only thing Levi and Ivy could see was a faint blue glow clumbing from a door behind the register. So of course they had to investigate further, thinking it was just a light on the back room where Miss Purple was finishing up some work for the day. Miss Purple, are you back here, called out Levi as he pushed open the door behind the register. We really need to talk to you about the candy covered veggies. And as Levi and Ivy walked into the back room they saw it. No, not Miss Purple, not even boxing the candy. What they saw was a portal. It was a swirling mass of blue light that seemed to take up the whole back wall of the room.
Speaker 2: And it looked like it led into another dimension.
Speaker 1: Levi and Ivy were very intrigued and walk towards it, still hoping that Miss Purple would pop up at any moment to tell them what was going on.
Speaker 2: But before that.
Speaker 1: Could happen, little did Levi and Ivy know they had gotten too close to the blue portal and were.
Speaker 2: Getting pulled in. Oh no, Levi, what should we do? Yelled Ivy as she grabbed on to her brother.
Speaker 1: Try to hold on to something like this shelf or that chair, yelled back Levi, But it didn't work. Before they knew it, Levi and Ivy had been pulled into the light of the Blue Pole completely. They went swirling through the blue mist, and when they landed, they found themselves somewhere they would have never expected. But I guess they didn't expect to get pulled into a blue Light portal either, so really.
Speaker 2: Anything was possible at that point.
Speaker 1: When they landed, Levi and Ivy found themselves in a magical looking candy world. And not just any candy world, but the best candy ever.
Speaker 2: On planet Earth.
Speaker 1: Were in King Candy World, they exclaimed as they looked around. They had each seen pictures of King Candy World online, but they didn't know it was actually real. It was amazing and unlike anything they had ever seen before. It was covered in candy and alive with energy and excitement, and that's when they saw her, Miss Purple, exclaimed Levi and Ivy, And that's when it was clear to them that Miss Purple didn't just work at the candy store, but that she worked directly with mister King himself. Why else would she be in his magical candy world. What are you doing here, asked Miss Purple as she ran over to Levi and Ivy. They explained that they had come back to the store to talk to her about the new veggie candy. The door was unlocked and they found the blue portal, and before they knew it, they.
Speaker 2: Were in King Candy World.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I thought, I forgot to lock the door, said Miss Purple. Oh well, now that you're here, it's great to see you, and I'd love to show you around before we talk. Obviously, Leevi and Ivy said yes without any hesitation. They couldn't wait to see everything in King Candy World, from the tiniest micro mini jelly bean to the world's biggest gumball, from the sweetest cotton candy to the sourest gummy worm, and everything else in between. They walked from room to room and saw so many amazing things. They flew about on a marshmallow hot air balloon through forests of lollipop trees, and floated on a caramel pond in a sail boat made of sugar with edible candy sails. It was unbelievable, But as their tour went on, Levi and Ivey remembered why they were there in the first place.
Speaker 2: They had to tell Miss.
Speaker 1: Purple what they thought about the candy covered veggies, So when they stopped on the banks of the caramel pond, they decided it was time to talk. Also, they had to be heading home soon or their parents would get worried.
Speaker 2: Miss Purple, thank you for showing us.
Speaker 1: Around, but we have to be getting back home soon, and we can't go until we tell you what we think of the candy covered veggies, began LEVI. Oh great, I'm so excited to hear how much you love them.
Speaker 2: I mean, what you think of.
Speaker 1: Them, replied Miss Purple with an optimistic smile. Ivy then took a deep breath and started to speak. Well, they are certainly different and really interesting, but unfortunately we didn't like them.
Speaker 2: Like at all, not even a little, added Levi.
Speaker 1: We really don't think they will go with the rest of the sweet, tasty, amazing King candy, and you can't put them out before Halloween.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we speak for all.
Speaker 1: The kids in town, maybe even all the kids on the planet Earth. Wouldn't we see that getting those candies on Halloween would definitely be a trick more than a treat, said Ivy. We're really sorry. We know how much you love them, but it's not like you made them or anything, right, And that's when Ivy and Levi I saw how upset Miss Purple looked. Oh no, you did make them, didn't you, asked Levi. Miss Purple just nodded her head, got up and walked along the bank of the Caramel Pond toward their sailboat. I just wanted to do something different. I thought something totally out of the box, like putting veggies with candy would work and be just the thing to impress mister King, began Miss Purple. I'm his assistant, and I've been trying to think of the next best candy for the longest time. I I thought I had it because I really loved it, but I guess I always knew in the back of my mind that it wouldn't work with kids. Miss Purple looked defeated and sat back down in the sugar sailboat, ready to take Levi and Ivy back to the portal so they could go home.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your feedback.
Speaker 1: At least still save me from giving one to mister King and having him see firsthand how bad they are. And you may have just saved Halloween too, said miss Purple. I'd never want people to think of King Candy as a trick. Levi and Ivy got back into the sailboat with Miss Purple and thought long and hard about what they could do to make her happy again. Then Levi had an idea, Miss Purple. I think I know how you can get your candy on King Candy store shelves and make Halloween even better, said Levi. How about you take one candy covered veggie and put it in a bag of regular delicious chocolate covered King Candy. They'll all be in the same wrappers, so the people eating them wouldn't know which is which. Then you make it a game. You have to pick up the bag and eat whatever candy you get. Everyone knows there's a candy covered veggie in the bag, and they're all trying to avoid getting it. That game sounds super fun to me and the perfect trick or treat surprise for Halloween, said Ivy. I love to get a Keen Candy Mystery game in my tricker treat bag and play with all my friends. Miss Purple couldn't believe what she was hearing. She loved the idea and knew mister King would love it too. Once back at the Blue Portal, she thanked Levi and Ivy and sent them on their way, but not before telling them to meet her back at the candy store first thing. The next morning, Levi and Ivy said goodbye to Miss Purple, excited to.
Speaker 2: See her the next day.
Speaker 1: They ran all the way home and told their parents about everything that had happened. A blue white portal, a sugar boat, and a marshmallow hot air balloon, repeated Levi and Ivy's dad. Wow, that candy store is a magical place that gets your imaginations going.
Speaker 2: No, Dad, it's true.
Speaker 1: It all happen, we promise, said Ivy. She stuck her hands in her pockets, feeling a bit frustrated that her parents didn't believe her, and Levian found something unexpected. Her pockets were full of candy. She told Levi had to check his pockets and they were full too. See Mom, where else would we have gotten all this candy?
Speaker 2: Said Levi.
Speaker 1: We told you that the candy store was completely sold out of everything when we went back. I guess that would explain it, said Levi and Ivy's mom as she hugged her kids and walked into the living room, not thinking much more about what they had said. It's getting lady too, Please put that candy away and go get ready for bed. Levi and Ivy had trouble falling asleep that night. Could it have been all the sugar they had that day, or the amazing trip they took to King Candy World, whatever it was. Once they finally dozed off, their dreams were filled with candy, candy, and more candy. When they woke up the next day, they made their parents come back to the candy store with them. They hesitated at first because the store wouldn't have been opened for a little while, but Levi and Ivy assured their parents that it would be open for them. They got to the store just as the last King Candy truck was rolling out of the parking lot. They had restocked the store, and it was once again full of candy.
Speaker 2: Mom and Dad, please, you have to believe.
Speaker 1: Us, Ivy said, trying to convince her parents one more time that their trip to the Magical King Candy World was real.
Speaker 2: We also really did talk.
Speaker 1: To Miss Purple about her new candy, and even though we didn't like it, we figured out a way for it to be part of a new fun candy mystery game. It all sounds very nice, but can we hurry this along because I have some pumpkins that need carving back at home, said Levi and Ivy's mom, Still unconvinced of the magic that went on in the candy store the night before, Levi and Ivy realized they would need to show their parents, so they walked inside through the unlocked front door and went into the back room. But when they got there, there was no blue light portal and no Miss Purple. They both look sad, but that didn't last long. Okay, Mom and Dad, I guess we can go, said Levi.
Speaker 2: Do you think we imagine the whole thing?
Speaker 1: Whispered Ivy to Levia as he just shrugged his shoulders. But before he could answer, some of the shelves in the back room began to rattle, and in no time, Levi, Ivy and their parents were standing in front of a giant blue portal with a familiar figure walking toward them. Miss Purple called out Levi and Ivy, see mom and dad, we were right. As Miss Purple made her way out of the blue light, LEVI and Ivy's parents just stood there in complete disbelief. Hi, everyone, I have very exciting news, began Miss Purple.
Speaker 2: Mister King did not like my candy covered veggies. He said they were totally gross. Is that the good news?
Speaker 1: Asked Levi, sounding confused, well, kind of laughed Miss Purple. He didn't like the candy, but he loved the idea you I had for a gross out mystery candy game that will launch this Halloween.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Does that mean we're real candy creators? Now, asked Levi and Ivy. You bet, said Miss Purple. Thank you so much for all your help, But I have to run because we have lots of work to do with getting the candies together, making up some game bags, working on packaging, and so much other stuff. And I'm training some new people to manage the store while I work on the project. Do you think you need some help, asked Leevin and Ivy. I'd love some, exclaimed Miss Purple, as long as it's okay with your parents. They all looked over at Levi and Ivy's parents, who are still just staring at the bright blue, swirling light of the portal, not knowing exactly what to say.
Speaker 2: I guess so, said Levi.
Speaker 1: And Ivy's mom and dad. Great, you can come back after we close today and we'll get going on king Candies new with candy creation, said Miss Purple as she close the portal and got ready to open the candy store. Here's a sample mystery candy bag.
Speaker 2: If you could try it out today and give me your thoughts later on, that would be great. And that's exactly what they did.
Speaker 1: Levi, Ivy and their parents left the store and headed for home, and as they did, Levi and Ivy's walk was filled with the question after question from their parents, who now fully believed the magical trip that they had gone on the night before. Once they got home, Levi and Ivy sat down with their parents and explained the idea of the Halloween mystery candy bag gained to their parents. So one of these candies is really gross, tasting, asked Levi and Ivy's dad.
Speaker 2: Yep, but only one.
Speaker 1: All of the others are delicious, said Levi. You just have to hope you're lucky enough not.
Speaker 2: To get the gross one, giggled Ivy.
Speaker 1: Now let's start the game, so they started by passing the mystery candy bag around. They each picked out one candy, and on the count of five, they each took a bite and it only took a second to figure out who got the candy covered veggie.
Speaker 2: Eh oh, exclaimed Levi and Ivy's dad. What is that broccoli?
Speaker 1: Everyone laughed and finished up their tasty candies, while Levi and Ivy's dad ran into the kitchen to rinse his mouth out with water and grab himself some keen colossal jellybeans. Now that's better, he said, chewing his favorite King candy. But I will say, even though I got the gross candy, it was a really fun game. I'd play it again me too, said Levi and Ivy's mom. After all, I really like broccoli. Maybe it'll be my new favorite King candy. Everyone laughed as Levi and Ivy gave each other a high five, Happy to have helped Miss Purple and happy to call themselves King Candy Creators. Thanks for joining us today. We hope you enjoyed the story and learned a little something too. And since we know everyone has their own story, we'd love to hear yours. If you have an idea for a lively Lowis story, leave a comment on our Apple podcast review page with five stars, your idea, and your little one's name.
Speaker 2: Then our next a venture will.
Speaker 1: Be with you until our next story time hangout gankrems.
Speaker 2: I mean, we can't wait to share another fun, lively Lewis story with you.