Speaker 1: What's up? And welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your hosts Now fuck that with your loaw Glasses, Malone, Pete dog my man, what's happening mixing songs? You know booked that big studio where they got those fifteen thousand monitors fifteen thousand dollars monitors like speakers, so you can get the truest mix on your records. You just gotta focus the whole time on mixing records. Like it's just crazy and fuck glasses, like I realized, because my career is in this weird place, like it's right at the end of the West Coast greatness and at the beginning of what became the future and music like streaming apps, you know, Spotify, Title Apple, A lot of the projects I put out, A lot of the projects that I put out, they didn't weren't on streaming services. You know. It's more that pith Era. It's more than that pith Era. So now that I have to put the music, I have to put the music on streaming sites, I get a chance to go in and really correct it, you know what I mean, And like I have far like my knowledge of making records at this point is far too vast, you know what I mean for me not to make adjustments to music when I hear it, you know, mistakes or different things when I hear it, Like it's hard for me to not make the changes of percent. So, you know, re recording songs, you know, refreshing songs, remixing songs, just doing as much as I can to make sure when people listen to fuck Glasses Malone, even though it's going to say it came out of two thousand and eight, it has twenty twenty four knowledge from Glasses Malone. So it's just been a journey the last few days. And say the least man it shit is just dope.
Speaker 2: That's what's up. It sounds like a lot of work, more than a.
Speaker 1: Lot of world is, but it's it's a lot of joy. It's a lot of Junian and the actual adventure itself is probably the most fun part creating the idea. You know, it's it's everything dog. So so some was on my mind, right. I like to call hip hop the cool table. Okay, you know, if if if the world is a is a cafeteria, then hip hop is the cool table in the cafeteria. It might have been thirty tables inside the cafeteria, but then there was these two or three tables that were the coolest tables in the cafeteria. Sure, sure, I like to think of hip hop as the cool table in the cafeteria, right And hip hop has been at that table and running that table since the nineties. Since hip hop's inception, as you know, being a part of the music business in the late seventies early eighties, it has clearly made its way through all the other tables. Past the goth kids, the rock kids pasted all these kids and became the cool table in America. And the reality is, when they first started off in the eighties, nobody wanted a piece of it. In the nineties, nobody wanted a piece of it. Everybody was so scared to go and mess with the poor kid at the cool table. Right fast forward, we get to two thousand, every body wants to do some kind of business and have an affiliation with the cool table. Right now, you have all of the brands, different people coming like, hey, we want you to make us cool too, or our product cool. Right. Sure, before that, you had to really work your way to even be apart. You couldn't even just buy your way to the table. It was really expensive to buy your way into the cool table. That's hip hop you. I mean, like you had to spend some money. It was like, this is the cool table. Everybody can't sit at this table, you know what I mean. It wasn't like you couldn't just be at the table. They were hella hella, hella on who said at that fucking table. They was like the plastics and mean girls. Bro, you could not sit at this fucking table, and they will kick your ass away from the table. They get your ass, kick your ass out of like you can't sit here anymore. You know what I'm saying. And what's been on my mind for the last couple of weeks is how cheap sitting at the cool table has become. Do you remember the cool kids when you was in school?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah I do.
Speaker 1: What kind of dudes were there or girls?
Speaker 2: They were like me?
Speaker 1: I'm sure you was at the cool table to some degree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was one of the few people at the school who like, really just I had a piece of every damn table there.
Speaker 1: But what is the cool table? Like in oc see, like like where we from right, like in Wat's counter, My whole life. Right, It's like the cool table was usually the kids from the poorest place that got a couple of cool things on right, they got a couple pair of Jordan's, you know what I mean. They was the cool kids. They was the screw ups. They probably didn't get the greatest grades, you know, but they wasn't stupid yet. They were figuring out some way to make some money and do some things with their life, you know what I mean. But they came from the poor area. Like and it's funny because the richest kids was never the cool kids. Like at the schools I went to, the richest kids was never the coolest kids unless you got your money out the street. Like it was a lot more respect for culture, you know what I mean, and everybody respected to struggle, you know what I mean. What was the cool table like in the OC, I.
Speaker 3: Would say it mostly was just kind of like what you were as a personality type.
Speaker 2: So you might have had.
Speaker 3: Some of the football players, but it wasn't like the guys who were like hardcore like in the football like that, or surfer types. But it wasn't the guys who like that's all that they like eat sleeping shit, the shit. It was just people who had like social enough to where people liked to be gravitated toward them to the extent that then they had the ability to kind of picking hilles with whom they associated and dealt with because they had a surplus of personal interest.
Speaker 1: What's crazy is I didn't even sit at the cool tables when I was in high school. Like we made the cool tables, like we made an area. When I started high school at Paramount, I was in the tenth grade.
Speaker 2: And where'd you go to n grade?
Speaker 1: You said, who?
Speaker 2: Where were you in the ninth grade?
Speaker 1: I went to our teacher, to our teacher, and I got great grades, but got kicked out because I was late seventy three days. They pulled my permit, my ABC school districts.
Speaker 2: My boy teacher, I think she was in your grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just missed Charles O'Bannon and all of them. Yeah yeah, but long story short, No, I caught charleso banning, But they were leaving when I when I was or they had just left either way. But I went to Paramount and the cool table. Ironically, do you watch footballer? Though? First off, hold up, no ceilings, no ceilings, glasses, low in the motherfucking house, going to work. My nigga Pete in the spot. Like usual, we're finna getting into some thoughts and ship now we do this thing.
Speaker 3: Were you there with Copono? I remember, was a white dude to play basketball?
Speaker 1: Yep, gotcha. I remember Jason copona Of and Andre Jones. There was some dope players there, but I don't remember because that was I only went there one year and I was lay so many times it was crazy. I really remember Palm's Park, you know what I mean. And it was a dude that used to live across the street from Palm's Park. His name is Eric. He was the coolest dude man. He used to help me with my whole game so much, and they used to have a karm board over there. I used to love Arteacher High School. I wanted to go there, but my mom, you know, this was right before she went to prison, so like, there's no way, you know what I mean. I was gonna make it there on time, didn't you know. We lived in Compas did so that just wasn't gonna happen. But you watch football at all. Yeah, So the cool table at paramunt High School. One of the main people that ran the cool tables, the cool tables that was already in existence. Is the coach of the fucking la is the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. Now the homie a paramount. Yes, Antonio Pierce and AP was a fuck up like AP used to get in trouble suspended. They used to run with a clique. They had these two cliques, nasty ass rascals and three o fos and them clicks used to fight all the fucking time, you know what I'm saying. And so they had this area under the new building, and that would have been the cool tables, right, But while we fucked with people like I fucked with a couple people over there, we was I had just I'm fresh I did and got courted on. I'm already starting to hustle, so I'm not even finna go hang with the jocks or none of that. Like so me and my godbrothers, they were freshman, Steven and STEPHANU. Stephan passed away, but Steven is still breathing. The twins shout out to my family. But we were going there, and we took this table from where the tables were close to the Senior Square, and we set them next to the it was a snack shack. We set them on the side of the snack shack right by the gym, like, and that became where we started sitting in the tenth grade. Right we had like one or two tables and we just be posted up. That was our spot because it was me, my godbrothers, and a couple hommies that was going there. So we would just be over there doing our thing. By the time I graduated, you know, it was so many motherfucking tables over there. It might have been like eight tables in our little section. And that area became just as cool as the new building area. And if I've never like just ran and did what the cool people did, like I just I've always thought I was fine no matter what, like you know what I mean. I don't know if I was cool as the word, but I always thought that I was a special person. So I never fell into shit that I didn't want to do just to be accepted. So like we made our section cool. Right now, the new building still was the cool area, but our section was justice booming, And by the time we graduated, it was so many people that would sit with us, like we twenty thirty people sitting with us, you know what I mean, We just doing our thing. I say all that to say, when I'm looking at hip hop right now, the cool table, I'm looking at different people trying to make their way into the cool table. Do you ever watch DJ Vlad? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sometimes so.
Speaker 1: Vlad is one of those kind of people right where Vlad take a lot of shit, bro like Flag take a lot of shit. Like people say he's a culture vulture. They say his show gets people, you know, implicated and crimes and all kinds of shit. But you only can go up there and say some shit to get yourself in trouble, if that was the case, because you don't actually have to say shit to get yourself in trouble. But to vlast credit, and this is something that I don't know how many people know about Vlad, but Vlad has been like as far as covering it, probably before I start putting out music, I was doing Vlad TVs back in two thousand and four and five, you know what I mean, And at that time, like how Vlad Show is now, Vlad is like somewhere else, you know what I mean, doing the interview remote and he just does a good voiceover. So it sounds like he's in a room, but he's not in the same room as a lot of the guests. But at that time, Vlad would like I used to have Vlad coming to watts bro Like he would come to the seven and post up and just be getting his footage talking to the g homies. So I always gave Blad credit as somebody where he really was gonna put itself on the line to go be a part and get you know, information about the culture, whatever it was. And I always gave him that credit. Back then, Vlad used to do mixtapes. A lot of people don't know this, you know what I mean. They just think he started some interview platform and blah blah blah. But this dude was really smart as a DJ. He was sharp. He could pick a good song, a good record. So he's not totally void of knowledge when it comes to hip hop, you know what I mean. He's not some fool for all, Like, Vlad is very much in the know when it comes to this music shit, like when it comes to hip hop music, sure, but fast forward, it's like that his goal was always to be a part of the culture. Now because rest is sure like the culture made DJ Blad Flat TV. No question, the culture made DJ bla Blat TV, like the culture Street Urban culture made lat TV. Does he not have a right to sit at the cool table at that point if people want to use his platform? Does that make sense? You know what I mean? When you have that conversation, Does that not make sense? Does he not? Did he not earn his his seat at the table?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: I mean it's a revolving door typically usually anyway. I mean, his career exists because of the genre, and he gained value from the genre for his own platform, but by and large, at this point in time, other individuals gained value by participating on his platform, so it's reciprocal.
Speaker 1: I agree. When you hear the term culture vulture, what kind of person do you think of? Because I'll be honest, right, I know people say that about Vlad all the time, and I don't agree with Blad says some really unsavory shit about Lewis fay Kahn, and I'm not really cool with that. You know. It's one of those things to where it's like, you know, I understand why people are upset, but I never looked at because like a culture vuture. Yeah, he always had a genuine interest in the coach of lad had a fucking black woman back then, you know what I mean. And I'm not saying because you get some black pussy that make you a part of said culture. But he was hell a vested in it, you know what I mean. He wasn't just some motherfucking But don't get me wrong. I don't think he was living the culture, you know what I mean. He's not living the street life, but he made it his job to cover it and back then, to put himself in danger, you know, to go see exactly what's going down. He's doing these interviews currently with different people when he's talking about the BMF dudes, and it's funny because I hear Cuz talking. He'd be like, yeah, you know, well I did the He was talking about how he hung with be Amth for like two or three days. He's like, yeah, man, they're blowing money and they're in clubs, and you know, I know, they're not selling any records. So I had to separate myself. And I was thinking to myself, like, glad, nobody, no federal law enforcement would think you are selling drugs and a part of BMF. I don't know if it was really that that important cover. You just separate yourself into that degree outside of upcoming artist.
Speaker 2: He might have met it in the sense that he didn't want to get it is some ship that was.
Speaker 3: Not the law.
Speaker 1: I don't think Lad would have got into any ship like Vlad everybody.
Speaker 2: I just mean, you could wrong place, wrong time it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Say that again, I just mean in a sense that he might have just meant it like you can wrong place, wrong time it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if it's even could be wrong place, the wrong time he was just talking about. He was at the club with him or at the house. Either way, no matter what happened, I don't think the fans would have thought Vlad had shipped to do with nothing. But it was fun.
Speaker 3: I mean, you running a muck through the nightclub scene with those guys in city to city, anything could happen.
Speaker 1: You gotta walk, that's the perspective. But no, that's not how it work, you know, I mean, it don't work that way. That was a case Gez being prison. You know what I'm saying. It don't work that way. Yeah, But I say that to say, like, what do you feel a culture vulture is what's a culture voture by definition for you?
Speaker 3: Ah, shit, that's a pretty opaque term. It's I think a lot of the time, it's pretty much just an insult to somebody. That is, if you could say that about anybody, I guess who's crowd doesn't match their own race, if you don't like them, you know, I mean people don't say that about Eminem, but I'm sure somebody wanted to talk about Eminem. You can say the same thing about Eminem. People would resent that, people would say that's bullshit for whatever reason. But it depends on It's one of those terms. Yeah, I'm just saying, if you want to do a disc track on them, you know, you could, you can run that. You know, people don't do it, but you know, there's it depends on how you want to define it, you know.
Speaker 1: So do you feel that's a do you feel that's an applicable term? Is that? Is there really a definition for that term?
Speaker 2: Not really? I mean like there is. It's it's such a slippery slope term that it.
Speaker 3: Sort of nullifies itself. Like the best example would be like say, and this is illustrative not literal.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 3: Like that girl Miley Cyrus, right, if her career wasn't getting off the ground, and then she like, didn't you do a song with three six or something like that, She did a song with some rap artists, she.
Speaker 1: Changed her whole show album produced by and she did a whole album produced by Mike Will.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, if that like.
Speaker 3: Saved her fledgling career was done deliberately for that purpose, then you could say that, Yeah, she was already a big deal at the time, so it's not really you know, it's not like changed your life. Life was already pretty pretty good.
Speaker 2: Sure, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: See, when I think of culture vulture, I think of people like, let's say, post Malone, and it's because it's when people kind of they shoeshine ideas, like the first time post Malone, you know, or the first time I heard of post Malone. I mean, he probably had a follow him before. I just don't know. Was he had a song called White Iverson and he had braids to the back. He was wearing an Iverson jersey. He's doing donuts out in the middle of nowhere in the phantom. You know, he's carrying himself like he's of said culture. Now, don't get me wrong. I think there's plenty of white people who love Alan Iverson. I'm sure because Ai is such a fucking iconic anomaly as an athlete and as a hooper, like it's just out of this world, even as a fashion icon and what he represented to the NBA for years to come. Right, Yeah, it's another thing when you call yourself the white version of him, you know what I mean? And then you braid your hair to the back and you put on some loaches, some dark shades, and then like later on he comes out and he's like, yeah, I'm not really a rapper or it was something loosely around he's not really down with the culture to that degree.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 3: Oh, when he said a white Iverson, I thought it was a reference to the fact that did he undergrad at Georgetown?
Speaker 1: Definitely didn't undergrad at Georgetown? Definitely didn't.
Speaker 2: That was I was wrong. I don't know his lifestyle.
Speaker 3: I don't know where he's from or is up there. I don't know nothing about the guy just knows music when the song ends. I don't know ship about him. So like, was he just a guy from god knows where? And to society you know something, I'm just gonna throw this ship together and see how it goes.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it hit for really the culture blew him up. They was like, look at this motherfucking white man. He's man, you know, just looking d man. Okay, right by crazy such a talent man.
Speaker 2: I was like, looking man.
Speaker 3: Was he like he looks like like like the dirty ass kid from a group home or something like that.
Speaker 1: He'd be looking like he'd be dazzy drugg Look that's my boy, isn't there? But see And then but later on he comes out and he's like, yo, yeah, I'm not down with the culture. Not those word specifically, but things to say that equip the equivalent to I'm not down with the culture. Now, he's not down with putting on. You know, he'll do songs with other rappers, you know, so people can't take the credit he puts on. You know, he's done songs with Roddy Rich, different people from the Migos, twenty one Savage, all the urban acts, you know what I mean. But somewhere along the line he disassociated himself with the culture, and that, to me is a culture vulture, right when you play off people's especially the culture's desire to have representation, right, because everybody knows the culture wants representation in all shades. You know, we love it in all shades. We want to be represented to see that people are down with the struggle. Right. And then so when you wake up, you're like, yeah, I'm not fucking with that that I just did that for that, I mean, to me, that's being a culture.
Speaker 2: So he's the He's like, I look at somebody like for that girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, when I look at somebody like Jack Harlowe, Like, I don't get that, like right, I don't get don't get me wrong, he raps. But I don't get a white dude trying to be black like that hair. He could do some mother shit with the hair if that was the case. I get a white dude who has probably been sitting at the cool table or he had cool friends, you know what I mean. I don't get that same thing from him. I don't even get it from eminem, you know what I mean. Like, I always respected that they I don't know if it was him or the Regulabel, but they made his hair blond. They made him a white person. Don't get me wrong, he might have had you know, some trendy gear, you know, but niggas wasn't looking at Eminem for fashion tips. So I think I enjoyed the fact that they made him a white man and let him talk about problems that the culture thinks white people have. Right, he's upset with his mother on drug or she mistreated him, or his baby mom. That was a real connecting point for certain black people. Him wanting to raise his daughter, you know. And I think you know, you was able to see that white people had problems, like they were poor. Like we love to see poor white people because it makes us realize we're not alone. But it's like, you know, we see Eminem me like, you know, he he got problems like us, right, So that was dope. But somebody like post Malone is different right where he used the culture to position himself, you know what I mean, And then now he's able to walk freely about the cabin. And I think that's what we regret the most when we do let people sit at the cool table like a machine gun. Kelly shout out to Kelly, Right, he's a really dope dude. But soon as you get in the door, you go back to being a white person. Now, you were always white, you know, even when you came in, but you tend to look like you was catering to the culture itself, like, hey, I'm a representation of this too. Like he has this really dope song east Side Till I Die About East Cleveland and it's nothing but brothers in the video. But now you're looking at this video and it's not you know it's it's it's completely different. He's completely different, and his think.
Speaker 2: Act is totally different. He's like a like a rock artist.
Speaker 1: Now shitn't yeah, And it's like the culture is tired of validating people and to be left out in the cold once you get validated. Credit to eminem Em and them stayed down. You don't see em and them out there trying to do rock albums. He ain't making no country albums. That dude is still a hip hop artist. But I think when I think of culture vultures, I think of that type of situation, specifically with post Malon, where it's like, damn, you used us to get on Like you you used a cool table to get in good with the principal, but really you went into the principal's office and start talking about the type of shit we was doing and saying you wasn't down. It brings me to my next thought. Adam twenty two. Adam twenty two. Yeah, I know you said you didn't know who he was, but he he's the owner of a platform, a digital platform called no Jumper. Now no Jumper is a platform that Adam twenty two was, if I understand correct, he was like a bicyclist, like a like a like a style, like a bmx GT style bicyclist. And most people don't know this, but bicyclists in Los Angeles and skaters have a deep urban tradition of street urban shit. It's not the same as like where like where I'm from and company watch. But you remember, you old enough to remember, Pete, how the skaters used to be. They were like kind of like outlaws, little thuggish kind of guy. They were really rebellious. They were ride they skateboards where they didn't have permission that they'll bust your asseside the head. They will still shot out to seven eleven. They were. They were the punk rock kids. Right. Punk rock and hip hop are step brothers. Right, it's the same same father. Right, The oppression and poverty that creates culture different mothers, different places, you know, in the community, different earths, you know, I mean, you put that in different earths and it sprouts out different ways. So Adam twenty two was a bicyclist, if I remember correctly, and he started a platform, right, which is No Jumper, and he started talking to different people of cultural backgrounds mainly artists, right, and different other professionals in different fields. And when this platform first launched, it was interesting, you know what I mean. He he had a certain conversational skill, you know what I mean, He could conversate really well. He would think, you know what I mean. He wasn't scared to ask hard questions. He was sharp. Well, No Jumper has evolved, and I don't know if it's evolved or devolved into either a really type of you know, it's putting culture under a different microphone, or I don't know if it's devolved into a much more primitive place where it's like all of the conversations. So let me rewind back. Hip hop itself is street urban culture personified through the arts, aka the elements. Right. Initially the elements were m sing right, djang, graffiti, graffiti and breaking be right. They added knowledge and a couple other things along the way, but it was street urban culture personified through these things because m singing existed long before hip hop. Djang existed long before hip hop, dancing existed before hip hop, even breaking existed before hip hop, and graffiti existed before hip hop. But when you put the street urban culture, the ghettos take on art in it. That's what made it hip hop. Right, So adam twenty two. Obviously with Showcase artistic you know people the artists that express street urban culture. That's how you know, I remember his platform initially. Fast forward when in twenty twenty four. At this point, Bro, he's just showing street urban culture. They are not artists. They're not personifying it through art or brilliance of excellence. It's just a culture. Like instead of getting at one time, you would have had to go get you know, if you wanted a representation of the West Side South Central experience, you would have to talk to Corrupt, right, you had to talk to dub C.
Speaker 3: You had to talk to So he's not finding rappers no more, he's just finding any old gangster.
Speaker 1: Now he's just finding crips, gotcha, Okay, just crips. You know what? I mean and or blue or po roots, right, and I liking hip hop to soul food, right, it's it's it's you can cook anything in a soul way, right, like soul food right started off like slave food. Right. The worst of the vegetables, the greens, right, that was the worst you had to You had to fucking boil them bitches forever to just get them tender. Right. You you take the tail of the cow right in the oxtail, right, that's the tail of the cow. Right, pig, any part because pigs are cheap, right, any part cooked them a certain way because you wanted them to be flavorful, so you would really over season them because that made them digestible and delicious to the to the palate. So I like him to think hip hop as soulful. You know, you cook a certain thing in the way you cook it. Soul food is always being expanded, right, Like like you ever seen black people tacos, We call them nigga tacos. That's soulfuld, right. We Friday shells, the ground meat that soul food, you know, invented over the last forty years. A spaghetro, you know ghetto spaghetti where you actually cook the damn noodles in the sauce. That's soul fool, right. So soul food always was a twist on cuisine, you know what I mean. It wasn't about the actual particular food item as much as it was about how we cooked the food item. Right. So it was again back to the point of soul food being this overseasoned thing to make really bad food digestible, like horrible you know, vegetables digestible, you know, at that degree Adam twenty two, at this point is just selling the seasoning like a tablespoon of salt. Sol hip hop in its earliest you know, its in its infancy, and even coming into the two thousands when you would die just hip hop, you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, If you keep eating this shit for sixty seventy years, you might have a fucking heart attack or some diabetes or shit, you know what I mean. Because it is overseason right, sure, but at least it carried you along the way, right, It connected you to your people, It connected you to the struggle, right, and it still had nourishing elements. It still was a nourishing meal. It might have you didn't get you know, the greatest years, all the hundred years of life, because you know, you didn't get the best stuff, but it still had nourishment. Adam and no Jumper, they're selling a tablespoon of fucking salt. There is no nourishment. You don't listen and get information that is substantial to your life like you would out of hip hop, where you could get some stuff to get you through hard days, not only just you know, tough times or attitude, but things that really made you feel like he wasn't alone in the world. At this point, Couz is selling straight fucking seasoning like he's like a tablespoon of old bay. So there is no nourishment with it, right. But I say all that to say, you know, because he understands what he's selling, and I can respect his business mind, but at this point, cause it's causing so much drama, Like my little cousin in Georgia was like, oh, why you don't want to talk about it? Like she sent me a message, and I'm like, I don't know if I agree with the thought that Adam twenty two is a culture vulture bro, Like I don't, like, I don't agree with what he's doing as far as how he's being irresponsible with this type of information that has cost hundreds to thousands of men in their lives cuz. But I also don't know if he's wrong for having a platform if you want to go on there and express that's what's on your mind. I'm not quite sure if he's a culture vuture because he's providing a platform that people want to talk, you know on Because I've been on Adam twenty two's podcast the early in twenty nineteen, I did another no Jumper, I did three or four different no Jumper things, and I've never said anything that created a problem in Los Angeles because obviously I'm being responsible for what I say, and if I wanted to make a problem, I will call the specific artist or whichever community I have an issue with and make a real problem right there, not to go on a public platform and try to shame anybody. So I don't know how I feel. Is he a culture vulture or is people you know, the same poverty and oppression that makes people want to share their story so they can feel like they matter, you know what I mean? Like, don't I don't know which way am I going left for right?
Speaker 2: I don't think he's a culture vulture. I just think.
Speaker 3: He's at the He just happens to have decided I'm going to open up shop at the intersection of opportunism.
Speaker 1: You have.
Speaker 2: He figured out, well we get the most uh.
Speaker 3: Virality through because it's like, I'm pretty damn sure.
Speaker 2: The way it went down was as follows.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got an hour long interview with artists A, B, C, D, E.
Speaker 1: FG.
Speaker 2: Of all the five minute.
Speaker 3: Clips we put out, the ones that served the most were the ones where they were talking about drama. And there's an app there's always there's an appetite for drama with that fan base. Well, let's just skip the artists and go straight to the drama. I wonder if those guys want to talk and they just get the fucking line. Of course, I've never been fansed before. I got all this local value, but I don't have any brand value. Let me jump right on in. This will be fantastic, you know. And it's just.
Speaker 2: I don't think I don't think necessarily that.
Speaker 1: Ship. And people are saying he's playing puppet master, like they're like, guys, he's playing puppet master, And I'm like, is he really like, could he really pull the strings of these people. I don't believe that.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that. I don't think he can get these motherfuckers to do nothing. Mule the most well, I think the same desire because to matter right, fame drives everything on every level.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure so famous for it's just nothing. It's like free money without the paper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I just don't know exactly. Again, like when I don't agree with what's happening, I just don't participate. Like I don't agree with the direction when it comes to handling Los Angeles street urban culture with care, so I just won't take part in it, you know what I mean? And if I seen if I seen him, I would speak to him like, hey man, you shouldn't do it like that. I don't like how you handling the street shit, bro, I don't like how you handling this, you know what I mean. I would tell him that, But at the end of the day, I'm not going to demand he stopped it, because he's not twisting none of these niggas arms to go over there and be a part of it, you know what I mean. Like some people saying, you know he's giving people opportunity. It has value for him, you know what I mean, if given opportunity has value for you. I don't even know if that's really even given opportunity. But I also can't be I can't say that you're just using people, you know what I'm saying, like, give an opportunity. So I just was thinking about it, and of course Adam and Vlad want to sit at the fucking cool table. There's no way in the fucking world they were sitting at no cool table before now. If they would have came to the cool table years ago, man, before any of this shit, bro, they have a fucking problem. But now they have something of value to the table itself, to the people that sit at the table, because at the end of the day, that people sitting at the table, they don't even want to be poor or forced to have to do the stuff that make them cool in the first place, like we all forced to do the shit. Niggas don't want to have to sell dope. Niggas be selling dope. It's the best trade going on in the community at the time. You know what I mean that people that we know are involved in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they they gentrified the table. They showed up with some money, and some people decided, you know, if you're gonna give me the money, I'll sell the house.
Speaker 1: To shame. And they are selling the houses and now they own the block. And I listened to them talk and they act they're like, yeah, you know you they feel like they are. And the crazy part is they really feel like they are friends with these people. And I'm laughing like, oh, really know, that's not how this works.
Speaker 3: Well, I've seen this guy. I've seen his face circle around social media enough times. I think he's from from Nickerson. Kind of an older dude. I got tattoos on his face, you know what I'm talking about, even Bounty hunters, right, No.
Speaker 1: You talking about bj Nino Cappuccino. I don't think that's older.
Speaker 3: He is he older older, older, Yeah, balhead, No, you got hair, kind of smaller, smaller, darker, sing guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was using him as an example because I'm like.
Speaker 1: That guy.
Speaker 3: I don't know him for having done anything but spoken on people's you know, video streaming platforms about hoodship. Been doing it for a long ass time. He didn't parlay it into a record or nothing like that. So if they you know, bump shoulders at some point in time, and you figured out who that guy was, got his information that.
Speaker 2: He didn't pause for two seconds.
Speaker 3: When whoever the first person was that asked him to come to an interview, you know, if he did pause for two seconds, it was two seconds and then he did the interview.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I mean, well, this is the thing, right, like the thing about the hood, you know, the cool table is there's two things that fuel it, right, being a man and being the man. Right, the easiest way to feel like a man and the man is a woman and you worthy of giving you her body. Now, obviously in twenty twenty four we probably shouldn't think that, but most men still can't help it. You feel like if you are her thirty ninth choice of peeni, she is taking you somehow, feel like you are special.
Speaker 2: But I was better than that other guy today.
Speaker 1: Right, you feel you feel like you're special? Right, So accountability and problem solving are the other ways, right, accountability and problem solving. It's why when people go to prison and they come home after doing ten years and they are alive, and they are themselves, and they went and did their time. You know, people from the community is proud that they went to prison, versus understanding that they were saying. The real conversation is, I was accountable for my actions and I went and paid for I went and paid for what I did the correct way without making sure anybody else got in trouble because of what happen with me. Right, So there's a pride in that sense of accountability. Right, he's like me, I walked off. But that's what they say, I walked off ten years I went, did my time. I didn't, you know, telling somebody else to not, you know, be accountable. But when they don't use that term, people mistaken and automatically start thinking that, oh, well, they're proud because they went to jail. No, they're proud because they're accepted. They accepted their responsibility. They was accountable for whatever they did and the time that they would have to serve, whether or not they still saying they innocent or guilty. You know what I'm saying. They went and accepted the accountability of what needed to happen and went and did it like a man. That's what they're proud of. Right, and problem solving, which is why people go out to ball, Right, people want to make money because they want to solve people problems. But the two fastest way to feel like a man is pussy and money, of course, and it is rooted in three different things, pussy, money, and respect. Right. So you have two different type of people in the ghetto when it comes to becoming a man. Right. You have the guys that want to go out and hustle and make money. Right, that's their goal of literally, you know, becoming a problem solver. I'm gonna solve my mother's problem of poverty. Right, I'm gonna go make this money, and I'm gonna make some money, and I'm gonna be able to help people and help my people and help myself and feed myself. My mama not gonna be you know, she's not gonna be on section eight Da da dah. Right. And then you have the other one, right, which is the warriors who go out in the street and be like, when you say my name, you're gonna have to respect me as a man because I've went and faced all adversities. I was accountable for everything that happened in this community, and I went and faced everything head on and did whatever it took for our survival. Now some people may think I make it sound noble, but it's not. It's really the issues of being poor, right, It's a very primitive mindset. When resources are scarce and fought over, it goes into a real primitive mindset, like a fucking komodo dragon eating a fucking baby goat. You know, it gets primitive. What we hope is the sophistication of being humans kick in. But without resources, without you know, without things that you need, right, without things that you need, the simple survival things that you need, right, you go into a very primitive space and it really will turn into those two things, that warrior mindset or I'm gonna get money. And then you got crazy dudes who do both. You know, that's their thing. So in that goal of being somebody, you know, the way you become somebody in the community is by standing up and being a trooper a soldier. Right, But everybody wants you to know who they are. They want to be revered. They want a lot of it is because they don't want to keep getting into shit, so they want their reputation to carry so they don't have to do anything stupid no more. And I think that's where platforms like no Jumper and Flag come into where people finally feel like somebody else is listening. Because that type of poverty is hella isolating, you know what I mean, It's a serious isolation. You don't know shit three miles away from you. Because the world of Watts felt so big to most of my own boys, like they never would have went outside or Compton. They never went outside these places because poverty does not allow a freedom to travel about the cabin mentally, you know what I mean. It's still only a dollar thirty at that time to ride a bus and get a couple of transfers and go anywhere you want. But you wouldn't believe this existed because you were told people didn't want you other places. You know, you didn't want to go somewhere without money, not knowing the value of seeing other things and what it could do to your mind. You know, it's a cage poverty and cage pete. And this is like all the times we be talking over four you know, three or four seasons, and I've been trying to get you to see it because it's so hard to imagine what it feels like or to listen to your friends talk about it. And it almost seems defeating, like where it's like, wait a minute, it can't be that bad. Yeah, because it's that bad. So when they have an opportunity to garner some sense of fame, which that's normal for more humans, not for people to know who they are and know their story, and somebody saying, hey, we want you to come on a platform and express who you are and what you've been through, it's like a fucking therapist, you know what I mean? That people gonna hear your story and see value in you, and it's like a fucking therapist. Except somewhere along the line, motherfuckers forget they are talking to tens of thousands and not hundreds of thousands of people people, So they preaching and talking to this nigga right to Adam or to any of his guest hosts like they're talking to a therapist, not realizing and as silly as it sound, not realizing this shit is gonna be heard by hundreds of thousands that maybe millions of people. But that's the mind state that that bread the culture. You know, it has to come with some other type of traumas where there's not a true understanding of what's happening here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that kind of brings Because we were talking, I was thinking, well, yeah, the reason I wouldn't call those guys at least Adam or culture vultures because there's value being gained by the people who come on the show. Granted he gets more in the aggregate, but to suggest that would be the suggest that he's manipula and exploiting these people that are pretty savvy people, you know, Like it was, it's like you you gotta say to say he's exploiting somebody, you gotta say that person got exploit.
Speaker 2: There's no way around it.
Speaker 1: I guess that's the real question. Is he exploiting the culture? What's the definition? Let me see, what's the definition of exploit? The question is like, let's say something.
Speaker 3: If he's exploiting the culture, he's doing so via the audience, not via the guest.
Speaker 1: And that for you of and derived benefit from a resource. Mm hmm, I mean I sounded like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's always a negative connotation around stuff.
Speaker 1: That's the standard definition. But to exploit someone, to use someone or something unfairly for your own advantage. Unfairly is the word. Yeah, is he using street urban culture unfairly.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's using street urban culture unfairly. One thing that I'll say is a fair question, at least to me, is and like, just personally, I in general am not I'm kind of a you know, microadvocate of the disproportional representation of poor black people as criminals.
Speaker 2: So to continue to.
Speaker 3: Always amplify people from a certain area as being in trust in crime in such a carte blanche fashion, I feel like does a disservice to the majority population of those areas that are not involved. So I think that there might be something to that, But I'm always I'm always kind of keen on that anyway, So I'm a little biased maybe in that regard, sure, But.
Speaker 2: I don't know. To me, it's hard to say.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it would be more so on the audience side than on necessarily who comes on the shows side.
Speaker 1: So you know what, I guess that's the question we really need to ask ourselves. Is Adam twenty two or dj vladd using street urban culture unfairly? That's the real question. Good looking out for tuning into the Note Sealers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share this episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA and produced by the Black Effect Podcast Network and Not Hard Radio Yeah