Speaker 1: I put with Alexia Napola and Marisa Patton an iHeartRadio podcast. Hi guys, Ola Ola, Marisol's not here today, but I have a very special guest with me, my husband, my green Go Todd, and how do you feel? How are you? How do you feel being here with me today on the podcast, not on the show? Nervous? Nervous? I'm here a pro with this. You know how good you are in your videos and with your socials. Oh, I thank you, But this is different, this is more pressure. Yeah. Well, we're not going to talk real estate. We're going to leave that for your socials. And you can follow him on his Instagram. What is your Instagram?
Speaker 2: It's decited.
Speaker 1: I have oh life. According to Todd, I just want like for like. Well, he talks a lot of good stuff about real estate, and but here today we're here to talk about hot topics and we're here to chimad. You know what, chimmyad is an English babe talk shit more or less. It's that gossipy. So we're going to be Chimyando. We're going to talk a lot of that. You know, I usually do this with my best day with Marisol, So it just comes very easy. But I also do that with you too, so you think, right, yeah, every night. Yeah, I think that that's part of our of our success, right, like of being together and being in a relationship and our marriage that we have fun and we talk a lot of that. Yeah. Anyways, we have a lot of questions from our viewers and from our fans that they want to know what everyone always asks us, which is how did we meet?
Speaker 2: Well, you tell the story, so fantastic, go ahead, No, actually like your version better. My version's rat in PG.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I think that mind is that as well, right, but in your head it could have been a little bit more than that. But we actually met in Sea Spices, and I think that everybody loves to know where we met. And then when we say Sea Spies, so like, wow, you guys met at Sea Spice because it's a restaurant kind of like a lounge and on Sundays it was Sunday Fun Day and that's when we met on a Sunday. So thank you Sea Spies because a lot of people, I feel, I feel like a lot of the girls go to Sea Spice to meet their guy just because I met you there were lucky. Yes, we did, so that's how we met. Yeah, so we met at Sea Spice here in Miami. It's a beautiful place. Whoever is visiting Miami definitely needs to see it, needs to visit. It's on the river and it's it's very sexy and hot and you get to meet guys like Todd there.
Speaker 3: Okay, so do you want to know who made the first move? Well, despite what they think, it actually was me. Why they would think it was me? I don't make moves on guys. No, No, I don't know you.
Speaker 1: I don't care how high beautiful. I'm just not going to make the move. But thank you for making the move.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, of course I wasn't going to miss that opportunity.
Speaker 1: And who gave the first kiss?
Speaker 2: Well that was me.
Speaker 1: That was the move, wasn't it. Oh okay, Well I felt like the move in dating, which was also you, and then the next move, which would be going on date and actually, you know, having our first kiss.
Speaker 2: Well then that kiss, it was all me and it took me months to get it, but it was worth the wait.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, so people want to know, how did you know that I was the one?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a great question. How did I know you were the one. When I first met you, I had the party in Sea Spice. That we didn't tell him is that we met. We talked for five or ten minutes, and then you left. We didn't exchange numbers. I don't even if I got your name. And then when you walked away, and I remember you walking away, and I was like, who the hell is that girl? She's beautiful and who are she? Because you talked about traveling and education and all these different things that I wasn't. My parents about you and everything.
Speaker 1: My kids. You were like what?
Speaker 2: And then from there I started seeing you out more often, and every time I saw you, I had to go straight to you. So I knew you were the one then. And then when you finally accepted a date with me and we went out and went to Chipriani, Yeah, and we stayed there till late at night. We went to dinner late. When you told me you liked to eat dinner late, I might not have been true.
Speaker 1: I still do what I was seven years ago. I've gotten older, so I can't eat late. I can't. I'm not supposed to say that late.
Speaker 2: But that's how I knew.
Speaker 1: Oh, I kind of knew it was you also, you know, besides that, I thought you were like hot and stuff. I thought once we did go on the day and we started to get to know each other, I loved like everything about you. And that's why I had to gooste you no kidding me? Thank you? No? Well, I kind of had to because I wasn't ready yet in that moment. And you know that because I was separated and I you know, I wasn't ready. I felt like I needed some time for myself and I really liked you, and I said, you know what, if I keep on seeing this guy, I'm gonna end up marrying him. And I did. But anyways, you know, it's all about timing. That's what I tell my friends. You can't force things. You know, they have to happen naturally, and you know, sometimes you meet the wrong guy at the right time, and other times you meet the right guy at the wrong time. I happened to meet the right guy at the right time, and I'm very happy that happened. I'm happily married. And that comes into our next question, like, what do you think is our secret staying happy and in our marriage?
Speaker 2: Well, it would be superficials because you hot as fuck.
Speaker 1: Guy. That well, because we really like each other, like obviously like sexually, and we to each other.
Speaker 2: Second, I think it makes a big difference. Like every night we go out for dinner. It could be Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, it could be Sunday just going to the beach. You always look studying, So that does a lot for a man. So yeah, sexual attraction, so lot.
Speaker 1: Thank you. No, I agree. I feel the same way about you. It's exciting. You know, you always look so handsome and hot, so I do believe that that's part of our secret. I think we really like each other, not only like the way we look, but like who we are, you know, and like I love everything you say. I mean sometimes more some things you say than others, like what you're telling me right now, I love. But you know, I think you have to be into each other and really like each other and admire each other for whatever it may be. I think we got that. I think so too. So if you can live anywhere else besides Miami, I know we've had these talks before. Where would you live?
Speaker 2: As long as it's with you, it's good?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you're saying all The right answer is big you're gonna get lucky. Then, I know you always get lucky, but yeah, I mean I love the warm weather. So if I had.
Speaker 2: To extend this conversation to where my choices would be, I'd say, summer is in Europe and winter is in a warmer place.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't go back to Staten Island, I mean, not even to visit. No, No, I want to go to visit.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't want to even get on the ferry. You're not having a panic attack.
Speaker 1: No, I was actually going to faint because there was a lot of people. I started to remember, I started busy and I had to leave. I was so upset. But you owe me a trip to Staten Island. You got it. So I love the warm weather just like you. And that's why I love Miami so much. But if I could live anywhere else, I think I would live in Europe, because you know, I really think in the US, I love Miami in New York when New York is too cold, and I love California, but I feel like it's a little bit too far and it's very similar to Miami. So I would take Miami over California. But if I could live anywhere else, I would probably live in Madrid in Spain now. I have a lot of beautiful memories there. I got to live there so many years with my mom and my family, and I would definitely want to go back to Madrid and I would live there. They speak Spanish. I love the food, I love the culture and everything else. So name three things that each of us keep by our bedside. Three things that I keep right, and three things that I keep well.
Speaker 2: Three things that I keep I guess. I have gum books, gum and my iPhone.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I have my reading glasses, my iPad for shopping online by you when you go to sleep, and I have a picture of you and I I have that too. Yeah, well you didn't say it. That's my answer. Mine's they closer to my bed. Do you have any advice, babe, because you're really good at giving advice, So I'm going to ask you that question. If you were to give any advice to a remarried older I mean for people who are remarrying older and blending families together, what advice would you give them?
Speaker 2: That's a really good question. What advice would I give people who are getting remarried and blending families I guess want a lot of patients and try to understand it's a totally new dynamic for everybody. And yeah, my keyword of patience.
Speaker 1: Okay, trying to bunting in, Like how much do you think the other partner should butt in? Do you think they should stay away all together and not have like an opinion or a thought or be involved in any way or give advice or do you think that that person you know wants they earned you know, that trust should be a little bit involved, you know, especially if you're trying to blend the families together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that everybody should be involved to a degree. It's welcomed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, it's tough. It's blending families. You know. Luckily for us, my kids were older, so I feel that that makes it easier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: If you're acclimating a family that's you know, a two and a three year old versus a twenty two and twenty three year old, it's completely different.
Speaker 1: So depending on what the answer, yeah, go on for an hour. Yeah, it really depends on the age. You know. I don't think at any age it's it's simple and it's easy. I think it has a lot to do with you know, who the children are and how the children are and the families, and it could get complicated, but if you really love each other, you you will figure it out. It all happen, and your kids need to understand because you know, I feel like a lot of times the kids become a little bit selfish, and you know, it's like about them, well what about us? But you know what happens. The kids grow up and then they have their boyfriends and girlfriends and they forget the sacrifices and decisions you made because of them. So I feel like, you know, you need to set boundaries and you have to, you know, always have a good relationship in communication with them, but do what makes you happy? I agree? Okay, Well those are the questions for everybody that wanted to know. And we're going to move on to the hot topics. Babe, we talk hot topics here.
Speaker 2: Oh you like that?
Speaker 1: I love it, caliente okay, So of course, and you know, I wanted to pick a topic that you as a man would be okay with, you know, because it wasn't going to be so early, So we picked the Super Bowl. How do you feel about that? Football? Football? The Super Bowl Kansas City Chiefs versus San Francisco forty nine Ers.
Speaker 2: Same game we saw, we went to it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so we got to go to the That was my first Super Bowl. Was at your first Super Bowl as well? Yes? Right, yes, so we got to go to the Super Bowl February twenty twenty here in Miami and our city. It was not the Dolphins playing, but it was the Kansas City Chiefs and the forty nine Ers, and I was going for the Kansas City Chiefs and we won and it was so cool. Thank you for getting us the tickets. And it was even more special because we got to go with your dad and he loved football so much, so it was just a great experience. So I'm super excited that it's going to be in Vegas because I think Vegas is another great city. Don't you like to celebrate that? Absolutely can be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: It's a great stadium.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wish I was going. I wish you were going too, But there's no tickets to go.
Speaker 2: You can't get a plane.
Speaker 1: I saw you. I saw you actually looking that up yesterday and it's the same teams. Yeah, right, who are you going for?
Speaker 2: Kansas City?
Speaker 1: Me? Too. Yeah, I'm a Dolphin fan, but right after the Dolphins, and the Dolphins aren't there. My favorite team has always been in Kansas City Chiefs, and even now more so that Taylor Swift is dating Travis Kelcey. You know, the marathon and I are huge fans of Taylor and Travis, and we're getting invited to her wedding, to their wedding, and so we're gonna just keep on manifesting that.
Speaker 2: Well as long as I could be your plus one, I'm on board.
Speaker 1: All right. And also I know I have Jonathan across from me. Jonathan, do you remember being in Vegas? We were in Vegas actually, and the super Bowl was taking place, not in Vegas. I forgot where the where the super Bowl was taking place, but we were watching it in Vegas in the big screens like all over the hotels, and Beyonce was performing, and Jonathan and I are huge fans of Beyonce. And there was Beyonce, Coldplay and Bruno Mars. Oh my god, that was spectacular. So I can't even imagine the energy, you know, being that the game is there in Vegas, because Vegas is just like celebration, right, It's like fun dancing, drinking, like everybody that goes there. I even felt out a Brabo con. A lot of people have asked me, like, what do you prefer brabo Con in New York City or Las Vegas. I love our fan base in New York and it was an amazing experience, but I felt like everybody goes to Vegas like to have fun. So everybody's there just like having fun. They don't even care like what they are to see. They're just like the brain is programmed to just have fun in Vegas. So I can't imagine that it's going to be a spectacular time. And speaking of halftime performances, Usher's performing like Usher. I love Usher. I met him in Bow Harbor. He's a fantastic guy. Couldn't be kinder.
Speaker 2: He's a tremendous performer, so.
Speaker 1: Safe, he's going to be great. I feel the same. I met Usher, well, me and everybody else that was there that night at Faena at Saxity. Apparently Usher loves Miami because you met him at bout Harbor and I met him at Saxony and he was there and I was I just looked and I was like, who's this guy dancing? And he was making like all those moves like a and I'm like, oh my god, it's Ushure and everybody's like, like, you know, Saxony is very private and that was like way back in the day when it first started opened in twenty fifteen, that was very exclusive. And he was just there chilling, dancing everybody like. He was so approachable, he was so personable. He just seems like this sweet, beautiful person. So I'm super excited. He was also in Vegas when I was there for Brabo Khan and my friend Kenya Kenya Moore invited me to the concert, but I had plans with other people that night, so I couldn't make it. And when I see Kenya was at the concert and Usher was serenading her. I don't know if you guys saw that, but Usher was serenading Kenya and I was like, oh my god, I could have been there in the middle between Kenya Usher and me. Can you imagine would you have been okay with that, babe if you would have seen me. That's all I can think about Usher in the middle between Kenya and I. I was like, oh my god, it was like a fantasy, babe. I'm sorry, that's pretty hot, Okay, Like, who would you want to serenade? What woman would you like? Jlo in the middle between you and Sophia Vergara. Do you think I'm dumb enough to answer this? Why not? Have you gone? It doesn't mean it's going to happen. I mean it almost happened to me.
Speaker 2: Maybe I manifest that like you manifest Travis and Taylor's wedding.
Speaker 1: Yes, listen, you know what. That's the beauty of dreaming, right, you can just dream whatever you want. But anyway, so he did his residency. He finished December tewond in Vegas, and I missed it. But he loves to serenade women, So I'm thinking that he might serenade Taylor Swift at the Super Bowl. Do you think Travis that's going to happen? No, wouldn't think Taylor is going to be on the on the field. Why not? But she's going to be like right there in the front. Don't you think she's gonna have access to that? Maybe she's a fan of Usher. I'm sure she is. I don't know. I'm just thinking that he can serenade Taylor Swift because I'm not there. If I would be there, would be Taylor and I but no, I think he's I'm so excited for him. I know he's gonna kill it. And I'm also super excited for the other performers because he might bring somebody like secretly, like on stage. Do you think that he's going to bring somebody to perform with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course that's the super Bowl is They got to be surprise guests.
Speaker 1: They all do it right, so I know. But I want him to bring Justin Bieber possible. Oh my god, Yes, he's crowned Justine. I know that's why. How like iconic would it be for him to bring Justin Bieber? And of course I'll have to pick a girl a woman to Mariah Carey. I mean that would be epic. I mean, I love Alicia Keys, I mean I love There's so many, But for me, it would be Justin Bieber and Mariah Carey.
Speaker 2: Good choices.
Speaker 1: What about for you?
Speaker 2: Who could he bring that he could bring the first if he could do the whole show himself. He only has a few minutes, but he's going to bring up people that you weren't expecting. That's what they do. But Justin Bieber is a very good choice because that's someone from his past. Yes, I don't know if he has any new music. Justin Timberlake has new music.
Speaker 1: I don't know if No, we're not doing just Air Timberlake.
Speaker 2: No he can't come.
Speaker 1: No, Brittany said, no, we're not doing it. Actually that's not true. Britney supports him and apologize to him just absolutely hem I don't.
Speaker 2: Absolutely she came out and apologize for what for saying the old things about him. She said she shouldn't have done that. So they moved on. So keep that one going. But I'm going to be a guest musician. I don't know, maybe someone from Vegas. You have to think about who lives out in Vegas.
Speaker 1: That's true or Relie. I mean, it's easy, it's an easy flight. And I'm sure like all the celebrities that are going to be there at the what I.
Speaker 2: Like to bring people that are like local to that stadium.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you know who? You know who I'm also excited about. And it's going to sound really strange to you, but it's post Malone, so I know post Malone. I know it's going to strike you because of my kids, because of Frankie. He's such a huge fan and Peter and I've been listening to his music and he's gonna perform America the Beautiful and I just can't wait for him to sing it. Oh yeah, yeah, I mean I know because he has like this, like this good voice. He's really a great singer. He's not only a rapper. He writes his songs, he writes his music, and and he's going like that direction of country, yeah, you know. And you know, I have a new found love for country because of you. That from exactly Todd loves country music and I had literally never listened to country music. And it's so beautiful. You know. The reason I think I never really listened to because the lyrics are like so I don't know, they're so strong. They make me cry. You know, it's like it's for me, it's like sad songs. I always related country music with like sad music, and maybe that's why I really didn't like to listen to it. But because of you and that you love listening so much, it's like happy music for me.
Speaker 2: Now it's still sad, but he's good music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But they have so many great songs, so I'm I can't wait to watch and perform like I said, I have a new love for him. You know, I only knew him like as a rapper. I only knew that that kind of music. And he's really expanding into country and he's writing his music. So it's gonna be cool just to listen to him saying America beautiful and that is an amazing song. And the national anthem is going to be sang by Reba McIntyre. Reba Rieba knew it. Okay, that's my Spanish, my English, Reba McIntire. So what do you think about her? I know, I love her. She's so good, and she's gonna sing the national anthem, which is the most beautiful anthem in the world. No for Nada, I'm sorry. You know, Cuban American and the Cuban anthem is pretty, but there's nothing like our national anthem. I get the goosebumps every single time you get him again. Yes, So you think Taylor Swift is going to make it? I know she's going to be in Japan performing, but she has her own plane and I'm sure she will take her hours to get there, but she'll make it.
Speaker 2: Said she'll be there, She'll be there, right, Yeah, plenty of time.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's going to propose to her after he wins, because you know, no, he's going to wait to July.
Speaker 2: I think their life is so public. I think he's going to do that privately.
Speaker 1: I think that that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be really bad taste from the doing on the field after a super Bowl with all the I agree much already created do that privately, I agree.
Speaker 1: I mean, just her presence is already dramatic there and chaotic, so but it's very exciting. It's a very exciting time in his life, in both of their lives. But he and if he wins the the super Bowl, it's going to be even more. He'll be ready to ask her to get married a couple of months.
Speaker 2: He could give her one of his super Bowl rings.
Speaker 1: It's got a whole bunch. That's good. She can worry it around her neck. So we're going to talk about Drew Barrymore. I love Drew. She's kind of like Taylor Swift, but she's Drew, you know what I mean. She was always like American sweetheart. You know, everyone loved her. We saw her growing up, you know, in all the shows and in the movies. Right now, she's on a dating app, and she's saying that she was catfished on this dating app by a man pretending to be an NFL playter. Yes you read that as well, Yes, because I know you keep up with your news, so I thought. First of all, she says that the only reason why she was even on the app was because Taylor Swift inspired her. She's like, you know what, if Taylor can do it, you know I should get out there and I should get on an app. Maybe I can meet somebody. So apparently this guy on the dating app said he was a quarterback. Why did you read this for you? Please? I got to read all this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy on my dating app said he was the quarterback for the Los Angeles Rams Drew explained on the January twenty sixth episode of her eponymous talk show. So I wrote to him and I was like, oh my god. I went to the first practice game. I was so frustrated being a girl from LA who loves football, and we didn't have any teams. And then I moved away to New York and then we got two teams. And this is really long. She wrote all this. This is what it's nice to meet you Drew.
Speaker 4: White Kat Fisher because she talks too much. I think she really bought debate. However, the forty eight year old quickly realized she should have swiped left. He was not the quarterback of the La Rams. She continued, He's a musician that thought he was being cute. Since Drew was still playing the field, she posed the question to the audience, how should I feel about this? Her co host Ross Matthews, I like that I've been him with you, validated her disappointment.
Speaker 2: You should feel lied to, robbed, He replied, I have a fantasy that you liked a new Tali Swift. Then you're going to be at the games, right?
Speaker 1: Okay? So, well, that that was cute. I mean, at least she's having fun with it. But she really did feel like she was lied to and cheated. So before we met, did you ever do any online dating? I know the answer.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Of course you didn't, neither did I.
Speaker 2: By the way, that old fashioned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm super traditional and old fashioned. You know, I need to like, look at you, see you talk to you before we even go on a date. But truthfully, when we met seven years ago, things were a little different. I feel like today in twenty twenty four, these apps are very popular and they're so available, and it's like instant gratification and you're like just having fun with it. But I am happy that at least she's excited about dating and did something about it. I mean, I just think that somebody like her, I don't even know why they would be on dating app, right, I mean, I don't know. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: Well, I think she's Drew Barrymore, so she can't just go sit at the bar and wait for people to come talk to her. So she's got a real problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But and app it's the same thing. Don't you think she's Drew Barrymore. Did she lie about who she was or he knew who she was?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know, but I would imagine on the app she has control of saying who she's going to pick, so it's up to well.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that the girls are the ones that get to swipe, so we get to pick. But she didn't swipe all the way. That's something that would probably happen to me because I don't swipe and I don't scroll. I just whatever. And I've seen some of my friends being on these apps. And as a matter of fact, this week when I was at the gym, it was a friend of mine that was there, and she finally got the courage, I think because I told her, like, you really don't like to go out, you need to meet someone, you should go on this app. And she did. And then she was like, Alexia, you want me to show you what's on this app? And I'm like, oh my god, yeah, like I've never seen it, Like show me and she opened up and she was showing the pictures of the guys and I was like no, no, no, I was like, who are these guys? I mean, wouldn't you think that they would take a picture that they look good in because that's what the girls are going to be looking at. These guys were like terrible, Like they looked horrible. Their hairs are messy, their yellow teeth, you know, their their dressed like whatever. I mean. I was like, what's wrong with these men? The good thing is that, I said, you know what, at least they're being honest, because I feel like on these apps also they lie about the way that they look. So the good thing I told her was the good thing is that at least you know that they can't be any other girl in this, like this is what the guy really looks like. Okay maybe in person, maybe in person they have to look better because I was like, who took these pictures? And how is it? How do they think that somebody's gonna swipe and say listen, I want to meet you. So it was funny. So we were going through the pictures and we were like nope, nope, and the's like a big X no no, then some check mark and the other one was a heart, so of course it's super hot guy named Rodrigo comes up and he's his description as an actor, and we're both like heart. We're both like heart, you know, and then what does the guy do? Nothing? She's like I don't care, and I'm like, okay, so you're just looking for like a hot guy. So it was you know, it's interesting because you know, everybody has a different perspective, but I think as a woman or even a man that's on there, you have to really question what you want. Are you just there to have fun and go on a date and get a free dinner and talk to someone or just like a hot guy? And some of them, babe, some of them said, I'll only be in Miami for a week. I was like, okay, so I don't even know that these apps anymore. And you have a lot of friends that have used them and they have met really gray guys and you know them. But then I see these apps also being used as just like a hookup thing, right, just like you know what, Like you're in Miami, Okay, you're q Q, let's just go have dinner and whatever. For me, it doesn't work for me, It would never work, you know. Even I mean I've gone used to like online shopping, but even that before I used to have to go to the store like pick it out, touch it.
Speaker 2: Feeling example, because you're very good at online.
Speaker 1: But that's when I'm becoming expert. Yeah, maybe I have. So with that being said, maybe I would become an expert on an app like that, But I'm easily distracted. So like I've always very like I said, even with shopping, I love like walking into the department store and inside the boutique and seeing everything and touching it and trying it on and feeling it. And I feel like with a man it is the same thing. I just don't want to swipe on an app and just see like I can't touch it or feel it or see it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's coming soon with AI.
Speaker 1: Okay, well maybe I'm getting some ideas out there. But yeah. So the next question, somebody is asking, so, how do you feel about your friend's going on on online dating? Am I worried? No? I mean my friends are very aware. They're all like, very like strong assertive women, and they have good judgment, so I'm not afraid from them, you know, I think that they like to have fun with it. I mean, is it dangerous? Is it supposed to be dangerous online dating?
Speaker 2: I don't know what to be right, I don't know. I mean, no more dangerous than a regular date would be. I guess either way, you're going to a dat in a public surely.
Speaker 1: It's a risk you're taking, regardless whether you know the guy from an apper or you know him from meeting him at a bar. So I'm not worried for my friends.
Speaker 2: Most of my friends are married, so if they're on that app then not telling me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well what about that? There's married men my friends. Yes, So that was another thing that I found super interesting. But some of the men said married they're just there to find friends. I put forward. That's like an eye forward moment. Okay, I was like, who believes this? Who's believing that your husband is not an app to find friends? Whatever? They don't want them say it at all. You can you can see anything nowadays, right, So what do you think was different like this time around? Like us dating, you know, after a divorce and with a family, Like, how was your dating different from before we got married and having children?
Speaker 2: Dating before I was married versus after I was divorced, that's the question. Well, first off, after I was divorced, I had my children every other weekend, so I wouldn't go out on those weekends. So that was you know, I went three with my kids. I didn't have them a lot. So there's that variable to put into the equation. But yeah, you start thinking about your kids in a different kind of life and this person you have to meet, Like, if you're single, it could be anybody as long as you're having fun, any liked the person. But once you have children involved, you have to see if this person would blend in with your kids, because that's very very important.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Well, I was never like a dater. I really didn't like today. I think you were one of the few dates I went on when I was separated because I didn't like today. I like to go out with my girlfriends and my guy friends and just like have fun and not go on dates. I date. I just don't like dating. I think it's a lot of for me to accept the date. Put it that way. I really have to.
Speaker 2: Like you, But she was so good at that day.
Speaker 1: You did it because I really liked you. Yeah, you had a good practice.
Speaker 2: You must have practiced when no, no, no, no date when you were younger.
Speaker 1: Actually I did. I dated a lot. I did because you know what, back then, I dated a lot because I didn't want a serious relationship. I really want a boyfriend or anything like that. So it was a little different. But I feel like it's okay to date a lot, but don't get your family involved. Like I wasn't trying. Even if I would be dating, I wasn't going to be introducing every guy I go on a date with to my kids. And I feel like a lot of women do that, even before knowing to get to know the guy or knowing that it's going anywhere, they already have the guy in the house already going out with their kids. I was like, dude, like, you guys don't even know each other, and you're like involving your family. So I always kept like my family life and my private life away from all that. And it wasn't until I'm really secure about the person and the relationship that I was open to involve my family or introduce them to my family. So I mean, that's the best advice that I can give, you know, to anyone. It's like, you know, date all you want, but you know, leave your your kids and your family.
Speaker 2: And I'd say, the younger your kids are, the longer you should wait. Your kids ready older they were already adults when I met them, so it's easier. But the your kids are, the longer you should wait to introduce I agree. Well that was fun.
Speaker 1: Wait we're not done yet. Listen. We got a lot of teammate here. Okay, So we talked about Drew Barrymore. I guess like La is like Miami, there's like no guys there.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, how in the world, Yeah, Drew Barrymore, have any problem meeting someone?
Speaker 1: The more qualifications you have as a woman, the harder it is. That's for me, it's always been like it's a handicap. So like being her, I mean, I don't know what happened with in her last relationship and with her divorce. I know she has two kids. But it's hard. I mean, it's hard to date. And it's like what we say, should she date a fellow celebrity shoes she date another celebrity, or should she just date someone normal, I mean, somebody just like a regular civilian that's not involved in entertainment. Should she date a doctor or an attorney, or she should date somebody that knows her profession and would understand it, right like Travis with with Taylor that they're both in the limelight, so they both kind of understand each other Jennifer and Ben Affleck. Or do you just want to date somebody that's not in the limelight and that you know, lets you be who you be or doesn't one part of that world? Like we don't know the answer, you know, nobody knows the answer.
Speaker 2: We don't know her, but you know about her from knowing her since she was a child actresses. She's really great. She's got a great personality, but she's an icon. So only my opinion if here's this, don't kill me. I think she should date someone totally non related to that industry, because she's just too high up. Anybody that goes with she is can't be as great as her. So I think she should find, like you said, the doctor, the lawyer, the architect, engineer, you know, more of a regular person. But if she finds another celebrity, it's going to be almost impossible to find Supue on her level, and that's always going to be a problem for her. I agree my opinion only.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I feel like that's what has happened like in Hollywood, you know, with a lot of the marriages. I mean, it's already hard being her, and you know, having a relationship with someone that's just as famous as her is might be even more difficult. Sometimes it works, I mean, I just think it's hard finding someone period, whether he's famous or not.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently, so she's on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, That's what I'm saying. It's I forget about him being famous or normal or regular. I don't even like to say normal, regular, regular, civilian, what is the correct word before people call me out on that becomes civilians It's okay, okay, So I just wanted to be happy, and I just wanted to go out, you know, get out there and date because she's young and beautiful and I love her show and she's so funny. Well she should be a funny guy. Yeah, maybe with a comedian or something. I don't know. But anyways, don't come to Miami, Drew because AK own break. Okay, so don't stay stay in La. I don't know. Go to Europe. I feel like every woman, I feel like other women that are looking for somebody should go to Europe. I feel that there's better quality men there, or at least more men there.
Speaker 2: Well, now my only question is is she's still on the dating app? What did she give up?
Speaker 1: What? You want to see? You want to? You want to? I don't know. She didn't she didn't say the dating app. No, I don't think so. I mean, there are some dating apps that are just supposedly for celebrities, but people have figured it out that you don't have to be a celebrity to be on it, and you just have to pay, and then there's all kinds of dating apps. And but again, I don't know. I'm hoping that she's just going to walk into anywhere in La or anywhere shs in the world, and she's going to meet her guy if that's what she wants. I feel like a lot of women say, oh, I want to date and I want to get married again, and I want to do this and that, and it's really not true because I feel like, if you really want that, you go get it.
Speaker 2: Like I said, surprise, she doesn't have it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know who doesn't have that problem, Sophia ever gotta Yama, Sophia v gotta Okay, she doesn't have that problem. Go Sophia. Anyways, we got to see Grisella this weekend and we absolutely loved it. I think she's this is the performance of her career. Oh yeah, I love to see her in a different light, you know, even though it was a very hard movie to watch or hard series to watch, but she did a phenomenal job. I agree, super super proud of her.
Speaker 2: It was a bold statement. She went after a very controversial role and she did it, and she owned it. In the end it worked out great, I think.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: I think it's something that she always wanted to do because I can't imagine like her being you know, in modern family for eleven years and having such a strong character as Gloria was, and you know, and how she portrayed it, which she was phenomenal at it as well. It kind of like stays with you. It's like you can never leave it. Yeah, so I think everybody's really interested in watching her be someone else, you know, be Griselda and not Gloria. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She certainly went from one extreme to the other.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, she went to be like the loving mother and to be, you know, a mother but not so loving. Even though that's controversial too because they say that Griselda was a great mother and she did this for her kids. I don't agree with that because part of being a great mother is protecting your kids and it didn't seem like that way. Don't ruin it. But if you see the series, you know one because that's a great mother. I'm sorry, you know, I know that it's been super overplayed, you know, the Narco traffic I mean, this time around, it's a woman, even though their husband other Griselda's. But I love that a Colombian woman like Sophia Ragotta got to portray her and she did a phenomenal job. I agree. Do you think like watching the series, do you think that it portrayed Miami in the seventies or eighties, or you weren't here in the seventies.
Speaker 2: I wasn't here.
Speaker 1: You were in Staten Island.
Speaker 2: I wasn't here. But someone told me that it was mostly filmed in La So well, you're.
Speaker 1: Not supposed to say that why it was filmed, No, I know, baby, but we know it was filmed in LA. But what I'm trying to say is they were trying to portray Miami in the eighties. So I lived here in Miami in the eighties and I actually, in nineteen eighty four was sixteen years old, seventeen, so I was just getting like a glimpse of that when we moved to Madrid, Spain. And like I said, you know, my mom was a party animal. She loved to go out and go to the clubs and all that. So my mom used to go to the mutiny, and you know, I would try to hear her stories because you know, back in the day, the kids didn't really listen to these stories that or we didn't know what our parents were doing, at least I didn't. It was always like in the room and when there was a dult conversation, you know, I wouldn't know the things that they were talking about, but I think that it wasn't all of Miami. But I do believe and think that that did exist, you know, in the early in the early eighties.
Speaker 2: And so what they did portray fantastic. The fleet of cars they used, those Mercedes and Cadillacs and Corvettes and Porsches. They had an amazing stream of cars all from the eighties and it was perfect.
Speaker 1: Oh I love those cars.
Speaker 2: It's really cool to reminisce in the old cars and see you know, people like those.
Speaker 1: And even the wardrobe I thought was great. I thought like all her outfits were like on points, it reminded me of like my mom, Like that's how my mom used to like what she used to wear, like to go to the.
Speaker 2: Mutiny and at the end of your mom used to go to the same clubs that Griselda went.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but my mom never liked any of that. Remember Alm wasn't talked to the night club. Oh yeah, my mom's like cocid to her. Yeah, Like my mom was like Dora, you know, the doctor, the psych Hiatriss badass with her catalog battle. But she liked the bad boys too. You know, I guess I got that from her, and she used to go like to those places. She was a member of the mutiny and of regimes and.
Speaker 2: It was a real club. Yeah, it's a real place. So I guess that really was how Miami was in the eighties.
Speaker 1: But you know, I think that there was also a lot of other stuff going on in Miami. Like I hate to say that that's what Miami was all about in the early eighties, because I want to believe there was much more than that. I think what really what changed Miami in the early eighties and nineteen eighty four was in Mariel do Cuban Mariel, and unfortunately, a lot of bad people were let out of prison in Cuba and they came to Miami as well as a lot of good people. So what Fidel Castro did was open the jails and he lent out a lot of the bad people, and he would let in like ten good people and one hundred bad people. So I don't want to generalize and say everybody that came in Marielle was that type of person, but there were a lot of people that came that were killers, and you know, and then obviously those were the people that Griselda hired because they used to kill for free in Cuba, so I imagine they came to Miami. They were getting paid to kill. They were getting paid to do what they love to do, so that worked out for them. But during that time, I moved to Spain. I moved to Madrid in nineteen eighty four. And I didn't get to live that because God knows. Some said, God knows, God knows what he does. I got to live it a few years later. I'm like, okay, you know what, I'm back. So I got to live that a few years later. But I guess I wasn't that bad, you know what I mean, because I never got to live that. And it's scary, right, I mean I was looking as I was watching. I couldn't even imagine, you know, her as a woman like drug dealer and having to deal with all these killings and making her deals with like the men. But what really shocked me was her children. That her children witnessed all that and she got them into the business. Like, to me, that's alarming. I just couldn't believe. I thought, for anything, I would have gotten my children out of here and sent them to like boarding school in Switzerland or like somewhere else. But obviously she didn't have like the education. She had the money, but not the education of the know how. And I guess she thought that she was doing the right thing right, keeping it in the family. No, say, I don't know, but to me it was it was really hard to see her kids in the middle of all these killings and knowing that your mom is like a drug lord and killing people and doing drugs like the kids were doing cocaine. Also, I was in shocked. That was I didn't know Griselda until watching this series.
Speaker 2: She was a.
Speaker 1: Badassah in a bad way. And you heard the quote by Pablo Escobar, Uh huh, the only the only many was ever first it was Griselda. Yeah, because she had balls. She was like, oh man, she had a lot more balls that I want to meno. Her transformation, like her physical transformation, I didn't think was so much. You know, I could still obviously see that it was her if you didn't know her. But but I think that her acting was so good that it surpassed all that. Like that you actually saw her like a horrible person, like Riselda, you know what I mean. You weren't so much into seeing Sophia that's so beautiful in there. It's like you saw an ugly person, not only physically because I wasn't even seeing the physical part, but as a character. What about you? Were you still trying to check out Sophia her prosthetics and with her whatever, with her teeth.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's still Sophia, so you have to figure it's underneath that. It's not easy for her to dress down.
Speaker 1: I mean, but don't you think she could have looked you a little? To you in person?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a beautiful woman, so chance it's not easy to get that far down I guess right.
Speaker 1: No, I mean some actors and actresses do it. Some actors and actresses, you know, gained the way and they put like the prosthetics, and they do the gray hair, like you said, always select that white hair. You know, they make they try to make themselves look more like the character. But I applaud her that she didn't. She goes, you know what, I'm not gonna do it. It's gonna be like a better version of her. But what she did do was portray her, which is more significant and important as her character, because you really saw that Griselda, that monster.
Speaker 2: All right, so people want to know you had the privilege you getting to Meeta like a meta, Yes she has. I'll watch what Happens live, So I have two questions. Part one is how did that happen that you got picked or chosen one of up and watch what happened live with her? And what was she like behind the scenes?
Speaker 1: Good question, babe, that's two questions. Yes, I love the two part questions. So I'll start with how I was selected. So Sophia's team actually requested me to be on watch what Happens like with her. So when I got that notification that email, I was like, Sophia is asking to be paired up with you. I mean, screamy life is great enough because you love being Randy. But yeah, Sophia, yeah, like heifa like hafa yell hefe. I was honest, sunded by you know what I was like. First of all, I didn't even care at that point where I was sitting whether you know, I was like, okay, I'll be like on the floor like just if it's so fair, Like I don't care because I know people are like, oh, maybe you know she's not going to say next to Andy. I don't care. I was with la Hefa il hefe Ila Heifa. I was humbled by her choosing me to be on watch what Happens Like with her. I don't think she's such a fan of reality TV, or at least she doesn't follow it, you know what I mean. And that's perfectly fine with me. I respect that, you know, not like Jennifer Lawrence just a huge fan and other you know, actresses that love reality TV. I don't think that she was such a fan, but I do belie that she liked me and she made me feel good. You know. We were before we went on the stage and to watch What Happens Like, before we went to the clubhouse. We were outside talking and the dress that I was wearing, the black dress, she had just worn that dress in Madrid. So she's like, oh my god, I was wearing that dress in Madrid when I was doing press, blah blah blah, and I almost wore white. So she wore a white dress and I was like, oh my god, Sophia, I had a white dress, but everybody here in New York got that I should wear black and not white, So how funny would have been? We would have both been wearing the white dress and she's like, go change that, go change, and I was like, no, I left it in the hotel. So, you know, we got to talk a little bit, and she told me she was very tired because this woman's been doing press. She had been doing press in Madrid, London. The New York was the third stop she had just come from. All the morning shows. You know, people don't take into account all these things I do because it's really hard to be, you know, on point every single time. You know, you don't know questions are going to be asking you, you know, And in that case, I even sometimes think her first language is Spanish. That by the way, we didn't talk about that in the series. I loved that she spoke so much Spanish and there were subtitles, you know why, because Grisee spoke Spanish, so you know, she really put got into her character. And the fact that she can go from English to Spanish, I thought was remarkable. And I love to hear the Spanish language on American TV. You're welcome, and so the fact that she did that and she did it so well, because I feel like it's on Miami thing that we do that a lot or you obviously by languages Columban Americans, so she was able to do it. So I love to see that in Griselda again. Back to Watch what Happens Live in her doing press, you know, you don't know what questions are going to ask you, you know, and every show and every different show she was on, has a different format, So I believe that she probably wasn't familiar with Watch what Happens Live. It's a lot, you know, so there's a lot going on. And the fact that you know, she was there to talk about her show. I was there to talk about my show. The house was at Miami, so she was like what, But anyways, I had a blast with her, and I apparently went her over because she invited me to her premiere here in Miami, and you know, we got to talk and you know, laugh about everything. And I think once it was over here in Miami, she was more relaxed. She can have a drink, she can have fun, because it's a lot of hard work. That's what a lot of people don't know how much work and effort goes into this. By the way, she also produced Griseldo. She's an executive producer. Her and valad which is her manager. So and she told me by the way that she had been preparing for this role for fifteen years. She was always fascinated by the story, and for fifteen years she's been preparing for this role. So you know what, Sophia, Congratulations delomereesis. You did phenomenal and and I wish you the best. I hope that you continue to to prove. You know to everyone that you can not only be glory and modern family, but you can be Griseldo. Well, babe, are you getting more used to and comfortable with being on the podcast?
Speaker 2: The podcast is fantastic.
Speaker 1: How did you feel good? Thank you for joining me. I couldn't have done this by myself. What was I going to talk to yourself? Okay, well, next time.
Speaker 2: I appreciate having me hon as your guest co host. It's been a thrill to try and fill in for Marisol. Those are big shoes because she's fantastic. But thank you for having me. It's been a lot of fun these great topics. And when you get invited to Taylor's wedding, I want to come.
Speaker 1: Oh you'll be my plus one for sure, that's right. Okay, love you guys, thank you for listening. I hope you liked it. Remember Todd's knew at this with me. He's really good in his socials and his videos podcasts. But you prefer you prefer I put forward or you prefer the housewives? What do you prefer the film?
Speaker 2: I prefer going to the dentist to getting my teeth drilled over the Housewise.
Speaker 1: You're not supposed to say that, Okay, you said me, are you right? No? You know the truth is, this is a lot of fun and it's so powerful and I'd love, you know, to do this with you. You know, we're not going to take over our other husband and wives that do this right other couples.
Speaker 2: No, We're going to save that for you and Marisol, for the besties twenty years of friendship. No, but I think you can do it.
Speaker 1: But I think this is cute too. Like once in a while when Marithol can't do it, I have you. I've had Peter before, and you know he stays in the family.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Anyways, guys, thank you for listening. We hope you enjoyed it. Go Chiefs and whoever you're rooting for, go team, Yes, go team, And I tell approxima until next time. Todd Baby, can you say I put forward? Yes when we say him? Thank you for listening until next time. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at iPort Forward Podcast. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars at Astella Proxima