Speaker 1: If you're just joining us, open up the phone lines eight hundred five and five one oh five to one. I've been reported yesterday that Biden has dropped out of the race.
Speaker 2: So Sunday he did drop out of the race, and you know, he endorsed you know, his vice president, Kamala Harris to be the next president of the United States of America.
Speaker 3: The nomination.
Speaker 2: She's not the official Democratic nominee yet, but it seems to be a lot of energy around her. You know what I'm saying, She raised what over eighty plus million dollars in twenty four hours. I think I saw the number was eight hundred and eighty eight thousand, almost a million people.
Speaker 3: You know, don't it sounds.
Speaker 1: Because the Daily News right now it says Harris raised two hundred and thirty one million in twenty four hours and says she claimed the study two hundred thirty one million raised from small and big donating big donors for my first twenty four hours since she launched her presidential campaign.
Speaker 3: Hey listen, probably, I mean that money has been rolling in.
Speaker 2: But my point is, like, you know, you can look online and you know, of course she has a lot of support, but then of course, she has a lot of hate, just like anybody else everybody. That's just the way the world is. But then you see all of those donations rolling in. My point is there's a whole lot of energy around her. So I just want to see how our listeners feel. How do you feel, Jess, because I know you don't give a damn about politics either way, But Kamala did do you a beautiful video when you first joined the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about like she sure did, and she did not have to. Just hilarious. It's Kamala Harris, congratulations on joining the Breakfast Club. I know you're going to be great. Your voice is so important. Have fun with Charlemagne and DJ Envy, and thank you all for being such an important voace for so many reasons. Take care. She did not have to do that, but she did. I absolutely love her, and I've seen this coming. So that's exactly how I feel.
Speaker 1: About I mean, now you've seen this coming.
Speaker 3: You're so crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I say that she is a woman and she can speak directly to the issues that are up against us in this whole race.
Speaker 3: With Jess. I think styles make fights.
Speaker 2: I think Kamala Harris is tailor made to go against Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: A woman who can speak, you know, to Roe v. Wade being abolish.
Speaker 2: She can speak the women's reproductive rights being taken away in ways.
Speaker 3: That men can't.
Speaker 2: You know, she's a prosecutor who's running for president against her recently convicted felon in Donald Trump, who's facing more charges. I just believe she's the perfect candidate at the perfect time now.
Speaker 5: And not only that, I think she's a good person.
Speaker 1: We had the opportunity to interview her up here three times and just what she stands for, and also, like I said, being a good person. The fact that she graduated from HBCU, the fact that she was a prosecutor, the fact that she's not going to back down, the fact that she's not scared, the.
Speaker 5: Fact that she looks like all of us out there.
Speaker 2: To me, well, I think I think the prosecutor thing plays well for her right now. You know, when she ran for president in twenty twenty, that was something that people, you know, used against her. But I mean, you know, when you're going up against somebody who's got all the criminal charges that Donald Trump has, I don't think that there's a better person to prosecute the case against Trump then you know a former prosecutor, you know, like the vice president. So Democrats gonna need all this energy, man, because their only defense against voter suppression is large voter turnout. And I've been telling people, you know, since the Supreme Court President your immunity ruling, that the Supreme Court is no longer a legitimate institution. And I think that they're going to be the big the biggest hurdle for us having a free and fair election. I don't even know about democracy right now, and it's current state is healthy enough for us to have a free and fair election. And what happens when, you know, if Donald Trump loses in November and then he challenges it with the Supreme Court that he damned they're put together. He put three of those people on what happens then. But I don't want to be a Debbie downer. I just want to know how y'all feel about KAMLA right now.
Speaker 1: And I ain't gonna lie. I was tired, I was politically tired. I was tired of buid it, and I was tired of lying to us out you got a booze, right, Yeah, I definitely got it you got a little B twelve shot.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I feel like that man whispered in your ear. You know what I'm saying, got you excited?
Speaker 3: Right? What is happening?
Speaker 5: What? What did you whisper? My ed this one?
Speaker 3: When I walk up and go to the phones.
Speaker 5: All right, that's what I wanted to know. Hello was this?
Speaker 6: Oh this is iris?
Speaker 7: Oh wait, I.
Speaker 3: Can't believe I made it?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, good morning.
Speaker 5: What's your thoughts, mama?
Speaker 6: Okay, So, for instance, say, I'm so happy to see a woman brothers for president, and I'm grateful for that. However, does that mean I was going a fence even with by the running again, because everyone talks about oh, let's get the black vot, let's get the black vote, and they get the black vote and nothing changes. And when I say nothing, I mean our education system. Our children are suffering in New York City public schools. And let's talk about services. My brother's paid collegiic, he got hit fire drunken drivers, very hard for him to get services. And I understand that they're allowed their migrations to come in, but they come in and they just overwhelm them with services, and they forget about the people that already hear So what's going to change with that? What are they going to do with the black agenda to help our children? That's shoe ruggling in New York City public schools. They're not even on the same let who is other kids in other countries? And that's what my concern is. So it's something going to change because kamala is money instead of bying like, help me out, we're confused here.
Speaker 3: Those are all valid questions.
Speaker 2: A lot of those things you named the local issues though, Yeah, that stuff you should be going to your local government with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hello, who's this.
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 9: Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What's your name?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 9: My name Kelly?
Speaker 3: What's up? Good morning? How y'all doing Kelly?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 3: What's your thoughts that?
Speaker 9: Hey man? I just want to say y'all to go, y'all they helped me survive mornings for a decade now, from college to work. I just want to say that.
Speaker 3: We all we old, baby, let's go thank you, just not just new, but we old.
Speaker 9: Hey man. Oldness is greatness.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: I don't think.
Speaker 9: America is ready. I don't think America's ready for a female president.
Speaker 3: You know, what.
Speaker 9: I'm a black man, and I absolutely do not want another Democratic president in there. I think we should get the Republicans another try. There's a lot of agendas that the Democratic Party has kind of put him into place that I don't support. I think they're destroying the black man, they're destroying the black family. I think they're ruining our country. And if you're living in New York like I am, man, this place is a financial nightmare, not to mention crime. I think if we put Trump back in there, man, it's gonna be amazing. Kamala cannot do what he's gonna do to bring this country back for where it needs to be. And this is not a race thing, because that's the number one thing they like to say when they talk about Trump and how he's a criminal and blah blah blah blah blah. I don't think any of that matters his policies that we need to focus on it. He's gonna get us back where we need to go. Kamala is not ready.
Speaker 2: I'm not here to tell. I'm not here to tell. I'm not here to tell you who to vote for. You know that's your opinion. The only thing I will say about the beginning part. You said, you don't know if this country's ready to vote for a women. I don't have any reason to believe Kamala Harris cannot beat Donald Trump other than it's never happened in this country, and there always has to be a first. Like you know, people say in America, never voted for a black woman, never elected a black woman. That's true, but people never voted for the executive produce to a celebrity apprentice either until they did. People never voted for a convicted felon. We're about to see if they will. These are unprecedented times, people, That's all I can tell you.
Speaker 4: And ad or Dre not ready, You just get ready, like what you're talking about? She she know? Was she up against? Like you just get ready? I don't under stand like she not ready? How are you gonna tell somebody not ready?
Speaker 3: And that's another good point just brought up.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump had no political experience whatsoever, not one, nothing, nothing at all. So this woman has been a senator, attorney general, vice president.
Speaker 3: She seemed ready to me.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We're talking Kamala Harris. Are you energized now? The fact that Biden and step down, how are you feeling out there? Let's discuss this the breakfast cloak of.
Speaker 5: Morning Morning everybody. It's dj nd Jesse h Lais Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: If you're just joining us, we're taking your calls eight hundred five eight five one oh five woe. We reported yesterday that Joe Biden is stepped down. It looks like Kamala Harris is going to get that nomination. So we're asking do you feel excited?
Speaker 5: Now? Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: This is philm Hey, Phil, good morning? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Phil?
Speaker 8: Good morning? I think Kamala Harris has what it takes. I think she's a class act. Joe Biden did it the way that I believe that people can look at that was as well as class act as well. I love what you guys are doing on the show. Charlamagne, you are hysterical.
Speaker 3: Thank you sir. So listen so your energized is what you're saying. Yes, I am okay, that's all.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm athing because I feel like there was no energy, you know, I feel like people was.
Speaker 3: Like down about the election. Comedy.
Speaker 5: I definitely was Hello, who's this.
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 7: This is Tyler calling from Call, Florida.
Speaker 5: Hey, teller, you called it before?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 7: No, first time?
Speaker 5: Ra here, Okay, we welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: What do you feel? What do you feel right now?
Speaker 7: Well, at the start, I respect and I appreciate Biden for dropping out. He stayed the country in twenty twenty and he's doing it again. By doing that, I think Kamala is a great choice. He checks a lot of the boxes, a lot of voters that Biden was having trouble again. And nobody better to prosecute that fat orange guy than former prosecutor.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I just feel like, you know, when when it comes to the debate, I don't even think the debate is gonna happen again. But if Donald Trump is not going to debate Kamala Harris, I just feel like, you know, he don't.
Speaker 3: Want, he don't want.
Speaker 5: You would wash him and I would love to see it.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump is not debating Kamala Harris.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I will be shocked if Donald Trump debate Kamalaha.
Speaker 5: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: This Exavier from Virginia Beach.
Speaker 5: Man. Exavier was up.
Speaker 1: V beach was going on, man, Hey, I know it's so crazy, man, but I've seen all the people that running with man for VP, that the potential people.
Speaker 10: I just would love to say, Man.
Speaker 8: I would love to see Michelle Obama be her running mate.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Why do y'all say things that don't make no sense sometimes?
Speaker 8: Why that's real hard?
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't nobody, like nobody want to see that? Like she needs, she needs And I'll say this.
Speaker 2: And I wouldn't give a damn what nobody think about it. She absolutely needs a white man, okay, to make other white men and white people feel comfortable.
Speaker 3: That's just the truth to the matter. I like Governor.
Speaker 10: Shapiro's It's just something.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: But it ain't about what you want to see. It's about, you know, what it takes to win. I like Governor Shapiro Pennsylvania. I like what he's done in Pennsylvania in regardless of probation reform.
Speaker 3: I like Tim Ryan from Ohio.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: He was honest about the Biden situation when it was uncomfortable to do so. I've been hearing people like Mark Kelly's name Andy, but sheer the governor of North Carolina. I can't remember his name. It'll probably end up being Mark Kelly because he's an astronaut. He's a ballhead white guy.
Speaker 5: When you look at him, he likes Arizona.
Speaker 3: He looks he looks Maga white.
Speaker 5: I like Josh Shapiro though.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 5: I really, I really do it.
Speaker 1: If he did make it his vice president, he'd be the first Jewish vice president.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, of course, we know know Pennsylvania is a key state. So I really like.
Speaker 3: Jess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Shapiro was great.
Speaker 1: Shut up, let's go to another whole lot.
Speaker 3: You know Shapiro wants to build a wall around Baltimore. Oh my god, you don't even know that.
Speaker 5: You just that's not true. Yeah, that's not true. Hello, that's not true.
Speaker 3: Why would anybody think that's.
Speaker 5: You never know what these people?
Speaker 6: Hello it.
Speaker 5: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 8: I'm excited. I'm excited that Kamela is Kamala.
Speaker 3: Sir, Camelas sound like a drinking medieval time came. Let me get to god.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm excited about it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm I'm happy to.
Speaker 8: Be a Democrat right now. I'm motivated. You know, I'm telling people that I'm gonna vote I wasn't gonna vote for the either the other two. But I'm excited.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, Well that's good.
Speaker 1: It's getting people off the couch because we always said that about the Trump buying the couch.
Speaker 2: The Democrats who are the cowards, the Republicans who are the crooks, and the couch. And you know, I think what the Democrats did showed a lot of courage. So I do like that they're showing something that they don't usually show. You know, to make Biden step down took a lot of courage. Who's this on the phone?
Speaker 10: Good morning, my name to Malia.
Speaker 5: Hey Malia, good morning. What's your what's your opinion?
Speaker 9: Y'all?
Speaker 10: I'm nervous. I'm nervous as but are.
Speaker 3: You excited and nervous?
Speaker 10: I mean, I don't want to say I'm excited just because she's a woman.
Speaker 8: But I don't say that for Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't say it should be excited because she's a woman. I'm just are you excited about the new energy, the fact that it's a new candidate.
Speaker 5: Sounds like you don't like either of them.
Speaker 10: I don't. I don't like either of them, but we haven't we don't even know what she's standing for yet.
Speaker 2: Oh I do. I mean, you know, because I vote for issue was not individuals. And you know I've supported I supported the Vice President when she ran for president in twenty twenty because I believed in her agenda. You know what I mean right now. I believe in women having all of their reproductive rights, you know, which I know Kamala does. I believe in major tax cuts for the working class, which I know Kamala does.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 2: I believe in her business policies period. You know, I believe in her her stance on mental health. You know, we was in uh what was this some of it. We were in some of the ill Sude Carolina, our Goose Creek, South Carolina.
Speaker 3: I was with her.
Speaker 2: It was me and Kamala when she was running for president and Congressman Ja Moore, and she introduced her mental health initiative, you know, in some of ill South Carolina, some of Field, Goose Creek.
Speaker 3: I can't remember, but no one.
Speaker 10: Are three things that she did over this past term that you're here for. Top three things.
Speaker 3: Top three things that she did.
Speaker 2: I like her stance on I like her stance on black black maternal health. Like I said, I like her stance on small businesses. You know what they've done with small businesses and I liked. I like what they've done with HBCUs.
Speaker 10: And three things that you disliked.
Speaker 2: Oh, my biggest issue of Kamala, And I've said this a million times, I get frustrated at the.
Speaker 3: Person that we know behind the scenes. I don't get to see her in front of the camera too much.
Speaker 10: But I think the biggest thing I have right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my biggest That's that's all. That's always been my biggest frustration with the vice president. My biggest frustration with the vice president is simply that the person we know behind the scenes, it feels like we don't ever get to see that in front of the camera.
Speaker 3: She's shrunk in that role.
Speaker 2: But I said, I felt like the Biden administration had handcuffs on us. So I hope for the next four months we get to see the real hert But that's what I hope.
Speaker 1: But any anytime there is a vice president, you really don't see their personality too much. You really don't see that in any of the vice presidents.
Speaker 3: But I guess I'm not looking for it because I don't.
Speaker 2: Know them, correct, You know what I'm saying, like, it's different when you actually know a person and you sat down and you kicked it with him on air and off air, when you know, when you know a person, you're looking for more.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 10: Well, I shouldn't Hispanics vote for her?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm not his Spanic. You got see. That's what I mean. Everybody got to go out there and do their own research, like I have.
Speaker 4: Man Like, I'm like, why you can't answer these questions. What are three things that you hate about? You know? The three things they.
Speaker 9: Role?
Speaker 10: I'm shocked that she's going to be a nominee, and now I need to step my game up and do my research. I honestly don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And I'm not telling nobody who to vote for. I'm just telling you, you know, the things that I see that I support.
Speaker 10: I'm not saying I'm a Trump supporter at all. This Project twenty five is horrifying. It is true. You know, you never know what's true nowadays.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for calling in, Thank you. I have a good one, Mama. She was What's the more of the story, guys.
Speaker 2: The more of the story is, man, go out there, do your own research, you know, and do real research, don't go online in the internet. And like, I like those questions that she asked. Just find three things that you like about a candidate that you want to support, like this, It's really that simple. Because I'm an issue person. I'm voting issues, you know, not individuals. In twenty twenty four, I'm voting to protect what we have left with democracy, and you know, I support Kamala because I support, you know, women having all of their reproductive rights. You know, I support you know, major tax cuts for the working class, and I believe in her business policies.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I was saying, like, I respect our questions as well. But she's the one with the problem. So she has to do that research and answer those herself, because while she's not a Trump supporter, she's wondering why she should be energized about Kamala. All right, do your research or figure it out, you know, like you said, you're not telling nobody who to vote for. But still I think also the moral of the story is it's a couple of morals. People get a lot of their like answers and points and all of that from Instagram, I mean not Instagram, just comments what other people feel. We are very I see it. That's how I feel a country like that's a small part of us. But that's influence like online where people see online like you said, like you gotta read, you really gotta go. She got a website, like It's stuff that you have to step outside.
Speaker 5: Of social media to find out.
Speaker 4: To really get into this election, people got.
Speaker 5: To do their homework. They just can't listen to an influence and say I'm voting because of this. They have to do their.
Speaker 1: Homework and understand what that candidate is running for, what they're standing on, and make sure that whatever that candidate that you're voting for follows what you agree with and the policies and things that you that aligned with you.
Speaker 2: And Kamala gotta go out there and sell usself because like that young lady says, you feel like Kamala disappears. You know the things that you if you supported her in twenty twenty, we don't know if that's her same agenda now. And Kamala has struggled sometimes to articulate what policy positions drive her. I know, you know the black maternal deathread drives her. That's one of the things I know drives her. That's one of the things that I'm I'm big on. So I know mental health drives her. But she got to go sell that to the people.
Speaker 4: Man, that's absolutely Now she does well, you know, now she does. But you know how people will always be like, oh, we don't see it, we don't see it. She's a VP, Like is she a vice president? Is she supposed to be seen more than she was?
Speaker 3: I just expected to see her more.
Speaker 2: But that's because of my own personal feelings, in my personal belief in her.
Speaker 3: That's what that was. That's what that was. All right. But we got action, folks. Okay, November right around the corner.
Speaker 5: What we're doing, and we got just with the mess coming up, what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's gonna be a heavy hour because we're gonna be talking about the story of Sonya Massy Lord. Yeah, yeah, yes, it's definitely the Jess with the Masks gonna be pretty thick this this hour, all right.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Clug Good Morning, Breakfast Club.