Speaker 1: From Hollywood.
Speaker 2: See you, thank you for listening to us on.
Speaker 1: Air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know I have I have a friend that's even more in You won't believe this, sistany Tanya, Hi, and good morning, Welcome to your Friday broadcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Happy weekend. I'm here for this.
Speaker 2: Well, I have a friend that's even more impatient than I am shocked. I know you should see the two of us together. Wow, Like right now we'd be like you would say weekend, be like it's almost over, and he would encourage me to feel the same way.
Speaker 1: Where did you meet this person?
Speaker 2: Let's see rod Da is his name? I met Roda, Like it's some one of those friends, been like a twenty two decade friend, so loyal friend Randa. But he's more impatient than I, which is his talent, right, Like he gets bored before eybody else to like start playing the next thing, which is kind of our talent, right, I mean we keep things, we try to keep things moving, so then moving. Yes, So anyway, the thing is, what is the best part of the weekend? Is it now with everything ahead of you or not really because you have to get through work today? Is it for me? It's sunset tonight. That's the best part of the whole week.
Speaker 1: Sunday to night.
Speaker 2: Weekend.
Speaker 3: The best part of the whole weekend for me is probably tomorrow morning. That's mine too, Saturday morning, because there's always like a not a panic, but I wake up Saturday morning thinking that it's Friday, like it's a workday.
Speaker 1: But then when I realize it's not, it's like.
Speaker 2: Oh, back that up to sunset, knowing Saturday morning is coming. That's not better.
Speaker 4: No Fridays you're like tired.
Speaker 1: It's it's the waking up and knowing you have the whole day of just whatever you want to do and you don't have to work the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the next day is the day of almost Monday Day. You like to go through the sky everything you procrastinated to not do exactly tomorrow.
Speaker 1: And tomorrow morning is the best.
Speaker 2: Plus Mark sends his emails out about the show on Monday's starting. We have.
Speaker 1: Sundays.
Speaker 2: There's three like formal emails that come on Sunday evening. Sunday is not a day of rest for us. No, Sunday's I get it, you gotta get you tracked. The other so the weekend's really one day. Yeah there, So again, my friend would be even more impatient than I about this conversation.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fine, guys.
Speaker 2: All right, we have a free gas Friday this morning. That means you get free gas every hour. I love doing that. Yeah, mostly Sunday today and tomorrow. High's number sixties and then the rain is coming. Rain starts like Saturday night continues one of the week. Uh. By the way, Tanya, I was thinking about rain, our dogs, the smell, the paws, everything distaining on the carpet. But your sunny picture that you sent us last night. Yeah, your dog does not look like a dog. That is a full on stuffed animal. I know.
Speaker 3: I always say that. I'm like, she literally, to me, is a living stuffed animal. But the look she gave me when I put her in that sleepsack was like, Mom, are you choking me?
Speaker 2: Do you ever see Mickey Mouse blink with the big eyelids, Yeah, that's what your dog does, the big eyelids blink like big plastic eyelids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she gives me the side.
Speaker 2: I animatronic mm hmm, but so adorable. Thank you for that picture kind of made my evening.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I thought I was pretty cute too.
Speaker 2: It was like a Pixar movie that summer National Almonday, Happy Birthday, the weekend a The Max celebrating a birthday, Iced Tea celebrating a birthday. Today. Wow, we got an issue. I don't know if this is a crisis in the engagement, but it's an issue.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not a crisis.
Speaker 2: It's something to address before you get married, Yes, for sure. But are you making a list of those things? No, well we will.
Speaker 1: You kind of are really by talking to us about this right now?
Speaker 4: You are, Oh, well, okay, So I love Robbie's.
Speaker 2: Every time you say that at the beginning, it's bad news to come.
Speaker 4: And he's perfect. But the one thing that he does that drives me.
Speaker 3: Absolutely nuts is he if he wears like a pair of sweats or something, once he'll put them on the he'll just take them off and put them on the bed because they're not dirty. So he's not putting them in the dirty hamper. But he's not like putting them away because they're not clean.
Speaker 2: So there's a process.
Speaker 4: So there's God was like the system, Yeah, but they're not on our.
Speaker 2: Welcome to living with a dude, so you're you've ever got in on the floor.
Speaker 3: No, So every time I see them on the bed, I take them and I put them in the hamper. I said, clothes do not belong on the bed. If they're on the bed, I'm going to put them in the hand.
Speaker 2: They're not dirty. He says, you're right.
Speaker 3: So I was like, then, find a space in the closet that's for the not dirty but not clean.
Speaker 2: I have a solution, tell me, so I do this. This is my This is my system because I don't want to clog up the laundry with things that I put and I changed, you know, a couple times during the day, right with the activities that are going on. So I have a chance and I throw be cleaned, go on the chair. At some point myself or someone walks by, Aubrey might pick it up and fold it and put it in a closet. Now, if it goes a couple of days, I end up doing it. The odds are you know, someone comes buying rabs them and she's very good at that. I can't fold. I'm not a good folder fold well, not a great folder. That's that's my default. Wow, but yeah, grab a chair don't you have a closed chair.
Speaker 1: No, the chairs, the benches, they're not meant for that.
Speaker 2: They're great, but they're great for keeps it off the bed, keeps it out of the hamper. It's a nice solution. I think it's a compromise. That's what marriage is all about, right Sysney, compromising it is.
Speaker 1: And Tanya, he's not gonna change because I've been with Michael for fifteen years and it's the same thing. And for us it's the bench, and it's his jackets, this hooded sweatshirts. It's whatever it is. And after about the third or fourth day, you're gonna get sick of the pile.
Speaker 3: And he always goes, where are my sweats? Where I was like, I put them in the hamper.
Speaker 2: They were on the beat, but they're not dirty. A good system for sweaty cloths, which I love as well, is I take my sweaty shorts and shirt and socks and I lay them to dry over the lip of the tub. Michael does that too, because they're not I could technically I could get into shorts again. I know there's shirt's questionable, but the socks for sure, and the shorts definitely. I do.
Speaker 4: That is so wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, with all due respect, hygiene.
Speaker 1: Process, I have respect.
Speaker 2: Have you seen my workout. I'm sitting on a bench press pushing up weights that my feet don't get wet.
Speaker 1: First of all, I do.
Speaker 2: It's one hour. How often are you I'm going to take this to the people.
Speaker 1: Don't even reuse socks for my kids, like this is.
Speaker 2: It's one hour and my workout socks.
Speaker 4: First of all, you're sweating when you work out?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: The socks? You know those socks that you saw for Super Bowl that I posted. Remember you didn't see me trying open to back chip. Yeah, I saw that their socks were like three days.
Speaker 1: I did see those socks and they looked so big on you.
Speaker 2: Because they they're not big. I just warn them a couple of times so they stretched out by the time because I don't wear them all day, but in the nighttime I put them on for a little coziness.
Speaker 1: The socks, Ryan, that's gross. Yeah, it's pretty crazy listening.
Speaker 2: You've gross things too, And Robbie has that thing he's got going on, so everybody's not perfect.
Speaker 3: Wow, maybe I'll get a little chair or like a little something and put it just like I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: Of what my gross things are, but I don't reuse my socks.
Speaker 2: Let's get your husband, Michael on the line, and he's got a list ready to go. Mark's produced this segment already. Time for the morning hack and a quote of the day, Systey and Tanya. Let's see if you're into this. So do you think you can tell someone's lying to you via text? Tony? You might be able to do this, can you?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Long sentences, oh yeah, when someone's trying, like over explain something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and more personal pronouns like I and myself. Okay, I don't than I could tell on that, but I guess basically, if someone's writing long sentences or long text, they may be making some of that up. Yeah, and no one likes No one really likes a long text anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah myself. So I'm so sorry I'm not going to be able to make it today because I slept myself in and I have to die. I never do that, and I'm I get it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I myself myself, How do you use myself? How do you type myself? Talking about ie?
Speaker 4: I myself want to come my dog?
Speaker 2: As they do myself, and.
Speaker 4: I, yeah, I myself want to come.
Speaker 2: But if you say that, I would think I wouldn't think you're lying. I would think that you need to use your correct engage.
Speaker 1: It we check on your sanity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it's a sanity.
Speaker 4: People say I myself, don't they?
Speaker 2: Not one for you? Go around the room on this mark. You ever said I myself, It doesn't really ring a bell with me. No, ruby I myself, that ring a bell with you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm trying to check your text messages. You can probably check I myself and see if it's ever popped up in anything.
Speaker 2: What are you trying to say about? Why are you being redundant about you? It's like saying I I.
Speaker 3: Like I myself like I myself, enjoy walk around the block.
Speaker 2: Why why are you pounding it into our heads that you you like When you say I, we know it's you. I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: I think I wasn't sleeping so well myself.
Speaker 2: Because it's not I myself, that's myself In place of eye you could also say I wasn't sleeping so well, I myself. A new rom com to paramount plus.
Speaker 4: Sounds like anybody but you, anyone but you.
Speaker 2: All right, well good, this is it's getting more fun. Guys, We're all getting more fun.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's I personally.
Speaker 2: Ah today's quote. You can go to the gym, drink your water, take your vitamins, but if you don't deal with the stuff going on in your heart and your head, you're still yourself. I gonna be unhealthy.
Speaker 1: You had that high in there.
Speaker 2: I hit a couple of those man.
Speaker 1: Just FM headlines with well did you feel it? At three point eight magnitude earthquake struck the Ontario area last night around eleven thirty eight. A pm land movement caused by recent rains has led to the closure of Wayfar's Chapel in Rancho Palace Verdes for safety reasons. About one hundred and seventy five wedding scheduled for the Glass Church will have to be held elsewhere now. Teachers in South LA got some help yesterday from ABC's Abbot Elementary, a new mobile lunch box stopped by several schools having away goodie bags and prepackaged lunch boxes to teachers. And Jennifer Lopez is hitting the road this summer for her This Is Me Now tour. She'll be at the Kia Forum on July eleventh and at the Honda Center on July thirteenth on air with Ryan Seacret.
Speaker 2: So let me grab Roger before we pay a bill, and then Sisney's got It's called la nada, la nada, la nada. What does it mean?
Speaker 1: Well, if you translate it into Spanish, it means the nothing.
Speaker 2: But but it's the something.
Speaker 1: It's the something.
Speaker 2: So it's this new weather phenomenon, not or El Nino, right, lanada?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: What is about? How scared are we?
Speaker 4: Sounds like nothing?
Speaker 2: Well, which is ironic because it's not nothing. Well, it'll be something. So Sicaney herself will be telling us about that exactly. I myself will tell you, Roger, that's coming up in the match game. But Roger first, Roger, I want to get to you. So let me understand this, and thanks for reaching out to us about it. You found your therapist on a dating app? Were you looking to date but found someone to help you?
Speaker 5: No, So I am a single and looking to date, but I was on my dating app or a dating app, and I did come across my therapist, which look, obviously we're both human. When I'm lives this could happen. But then some of the pops of my mind that I remember he told me he was married previously, and look, I don't know all the details, but the profile didn't give off like open relationship vibe. Sometimes you know, it'll say like me and my partner here, or the pictures of both of them, and I don't know. I'm just kind of in my head a little bit. I mean, it's not my business. I don't know all the details. But part of me thinking, do I want to go to a therapist who might be maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but on a dating app and put potentially cheating on their on their husband.
Speaker 2: Okay, I need to unload a load this. Ye, so you're swiping on a dating app and you saw your therapist, correct, got it? And what did you? Did you do anything? Yet?
Speaker 5: I like to know, first of all, he knows too much about me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he knows about a lot about you. Now you know something about him. But he's married.
Speaker 5: He is married? Yeah, he told me he's married.
Speaker 2: So how so how do you go to your next session knowing all of this without talking about it?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Do I is it?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 5: Look, like I said, people live their own lives, but it's just in my head a little bit that, you know, I'm worried that am I going to somebody who could be potentially cheating on their on their spouse? Like I said, people have different relationships. But I kind of I'm wondering if it's in appropriate to bring it up and ask like do I say it, you know, pretend it never happened. But it's gonna kind of I'm always gonna wonder it.
Speaker 1: I think it's your therapy session, so you talk about whatever you want to talk about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I thought about just bring up in a joking matter, like you know, did you see me on there? And you know I tell you on tender you know too much about it?
Speaker 2: Help me understand this? Would he have definitely seen you and you've seen him, like, would you've seen each other?
Speaker 4: Not necessarily?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know if that's how how it always works advice likee nolla, But yeah, I mean there's there's there's a high chance though that if I'm seeing him in my area and aging that he's also seeing me on there too. So I'm just yeah, it's not sure if I should bring it.
Speaker 2: Up or not, if it's me, I think it's wasted your money to bring it up and waste time talking about that one. It's your session total to you know, like it's on your mind, but like you're there for you and what you need, not for Why is he there? And is he cheating on his person?
Speaker 1: This therapist is giving him advice about life and this guy's a cheater and he's through his back?
Speaker 2: Have you heard our advice? And like we don't ever amaze still, this guy's a pretty stuff. We give advice about Roger's not paying.
Speaker 1: Us one hundred and seventy five dollars an hour or ask you, Roger.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about that.
Speaker 5: I would, I would happily. I might be in the market for a new one now.
Speaker 1: So well, that's what I'm saying, Rogers.
Speaker 2: There's two ways to deal with this. To me, this is two things. Either you quit this person, you go find a new therapist, or you just get in there and you work on you and don't worry about this other person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also you don't know your therapist might have gone through a divorce. They're not telling you what's going on in their life. They're listening to what's going on in your life. So they could have very well just been divorced and getting back in the dating field. And yeah, I waste your time talking about that. I say, pretend you never saw it and keep going.
Speaker 1: If you like this therapist, Yeah I do like.
Speaker 5: The sessions ago. Well I'll try to power through. I think it will. Maybe a couple of sessions I'll forget.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you good luck, Okay, thank you very much. I mean we give advice on things that we're not great at all the time.
Speaker 1: You know, we're not licensed therapist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, different, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that's a small detail. All right. So everybody is talking about this, but do you know what you need to know? Rain this weekend, it's coming Saturday night into Sunday and next week. But there's a new weather. So we have El Nino, La Nina and now a new weather phenomenon, La na Da. What is La nada? And how scared are we?
Speaker 1: So the more technical name is and so neutral. Okay, the absence of both El Nino and La Nina, So then that is La Nada. It makes basically predicting the weather unpredictable. It makes it challenging, It makes it so at least with El Nino and Lanina. You knew what to expect. You knew that with El Nino it's gonna be cold, it's gonna be rainy, and with La Nina it's more warmer rain. But with La Nada it's very It's almost like you can experience fall, winter, and spring conditions during the months of La Nada and.
Speaker 2: It's like a good thing. If you're a weather forecaster, you could give a forecast and they go, Lanada, I never predicted. If your forecast is wrong, yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess. So they're saying that El Nino is going to weaken and maybe even fade away as early as April, and then when it comes to La Nada that'll happen sometime after that, and who knows between April.
Speaker 2: It's just a big weather disclaimer, like we don't really tell what it's going on. It's like, you don't know what's going to be a next It could be Nino La Nina. But if they flip times of year, then let's Lenada talking about.
Speaker 1: I hadn't heard of La Nada until this year. That was like new news to me.
Speaker 2: But hurricanes Lanada right right right? I mean, you know, is talking about all the things that they're preparing for. They're calling it Lena.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think when we experienced the hurricane back in August of last year, we were not expecting to have But why is it in August?
Speaker 2: Why is it being called the nothing though? That to me is not Are they just being cute? Maybe the weather namers.
Speaker 4: Sure, it's so funny.
Speaker 3: We actually met with a wedding planner that said that they specialize and that is it predicting. But they have these like special meteorologies where they can predict what the weather is.
Speaker 2: Going to be like that anymore? Yeah, don't pay that feet you don't need that, Like, oh really, I.
Speaker 4: Didn't even think about it. I was like, I wouldn't even think about that.
Speaker 2: That's an extra cost.
Speaker 1: Do you want to think about the weather?
Speaker 4: I do, Yes, I am thinking about But how do you predict it? I don't believe it that they know, did you not?
Speaker 2: Just your assistanty for the last two minutes. You cannot predict it.
Speaker 4: That's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: It be winter or spring conditions in the time of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what we thought something California was never rains and something California Remember that song?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we're gonna play the match game backroom. We got our contestants ready, we do? Okay, let's meet contested number one and play the music. Denny's Good morning, West. How are you good?
Speaker 5: I'm great?
Speaker 2: Ready for the match game?
Speaker 5: Yes, I am are.
Speaker 2: You're contestant number one. Tell us about yourself there in West Covina.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Denise. I teach second grade at elementary school. I have three kids, and today's my ancestory.
Speaker 2: Oh congratulations, how many years?
Speaker 5: Twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: That's a big milestone time, I know.
Speaker 6: I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Well, I'm glad that we're spending a few minutes with you, and hopefully you will have some luck here in winning. First, Denise, let me say hi to our next contestant. It's Arianna and Lakewood. Ariana, good morning. You're contestant number two.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 4: I am doing really well this morning.
Speaker 2: How are you super good? Thanks for asking? So tell me about yourself, Ariana, Wow, tell.
Speaker 4: You about myself.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm twenty years old, I live in Lakewood, and I'm still a student.
Speaker 2: Splash waitress, right, we sound unsure about the waitress part, but only you would know, okay, waitress, bartender, student, what are you studying?
Speaker 6: A little bit of this and a little bit of that keep changing my mind.
Speaker 2: I think you're studying to be in the CIA, That's what I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't tell us.
Speaker 2: I don't know, right, all right, so listen, I got Denise and Ariana. We're gonna play match game. Here's how it works. I'll give you a phrase with a blank in it. Our panel of Sisany, Tanya, Ruby and tubs and write down what they think should go in the blank. Then we'll hear your answer. If you match, you get a point. Whoever gets the most matches wins. And we start with Denise. Denise, don't say it out loud. Just think about this. Yours is just think. Don't say it because the panel's got to write down their answers. Yours is blank light blank light. Hmm blank light light. All right, panel's writing down their answers, thieves. Okay, Denise, what you say?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna go with bright bright light.
Speaker 2: Bright light, very nice. I'm sure panel's got to be on the same wave link. Sisty. Did you say bright light?
Speaker 1: I said red light, Tanya, bright light, I said sunlight.
Speaker 2: Ruby, I said black light. Once again, it all comes down to our engineer, Jeff Tubbs. Tubbs, did you say for the point bright light? Strobe light? That's the first head, What a weirdo? What right? I don't want to say it, but everybody's thinking that, right. Do you have a strobe light? Jeff, Jeff, No, I don't have one. I should get one, though, but you you're clearly were still thinking is that holiday gift idea? Okay, Denise, nothing there, don't worry. Ariana's up now, Arena, here's yours ready? Blank? Don't say just think blank pie, blank pie, blank pie, kind of pie? Well the panil say what match yours? Okay? What'd you say, Arianna?
Speaker 1: Pizza?
Speaker 2: Pizza pie my favorite kind of pie. I love a pizza pie, all right, sany did you say pizza?
Speaker 4: I said apple pie? Danya, sweety pie.
Speaker 2: Again, strobe pie, sweety pie?
Speaker 4: That is so cute, sweetie pie?
Speaker 1: Ruby, I said pumpkin pie.
Speaker 2: Once again, it comes down to Tubs for the point here, Tubbs, did you say pizza pie, apple pie? You're not supposed to match with siciny Well, all right, we have to get another round here at no points. Here we go zero zero. DJ Tubbs with a strobe light. He's available for weddings, Tanya.
Speaker 1: With my sweety pie and he'll bring Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, yours now, Denise, Round two, don't say it up, Liere going day blank, day blank, day blank? What kind of a day? Day blank? The panel's struggling. I can see on their faces. Day blank. What will it be? Sistance, he's really having a hard time with this one day blank. Continue to vamp until I see everybody's eyes. Day blank, day blank, day blank. Okay, Denise, what'd you say? Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going with daytime?
Speaker 2: Oh daytime? Okay, Sicity so close?
Speaker 4: I said daylight, right, I said daylight too.
Speaker 1: No, but you're supposed to match with I know, I said day club day close.
Speaker 2: Sounds fun, sounds like a tub's answer, and it all comes down of tubs. What do you got daylight? Day time is what she said, not daylight. That's what the panel said. All right, Ariana, this is for the Either you're gonna get this and winter, or I'm gonna figure out a way to give everybody something. Ariana. Here we go, long blank, long blank? Is it going to be tups? All right? You're struggling. Oh you are God's gonna say. I didn't want to go to him. Maybe we don't have to. Maybe we'll get the window for Okay, Ariana.
Speaker 6: Long what Long Beach?
Speaker 2: Oh? Clearly Ruby didn't say that. Okay, Sicy Long Beach. Yeah, congratulations Arianna. You're gonna get a four pack to knots Berry Farm. And so are you, Denise, because we have more. Everybody wins on that when I enjoy. Thank you for listening, and did he sits your anniversary? So I have to give you some him to celebrate. Thank you for listening to us, both of you. Let's go round and finish. What'd you say, Tanya, I said long Beach? Also, okay, Ruby, what'd you say?
Speaker 1: Long shot man?
Speaker 2: Tubbs? What you said? Long Day? Subliminal? I'm a hustle, all right. So this is Umberto great Goosa of the Chory Man. That's what his business is called. This is a great story Umberto. Congratulations. You and Sempedro are hometown hustler.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you for having me, of course.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to get to your your business and the details because I'm a food and I can't wait to talk about the actual product. But just share your story, like what made you quit such a real that's a real job. You're working at a free clinic, you're in the medical business as an assistant, you're studying to be a nurse, and you say, I've had it. How'd you do that?
Speaker 6: I got tired of eating beans and lentils every day, you know. I had to support myself to go to school and k bills, you know, like a regular student. And it got to the point where it's like there's got to be a better way, you know. And so so I took a break from school and I went to Mexico and spent time with my family. They're all in the cattle business and butchering business, and on my mom's side of the family, they're in the poultry business and restaurant business. So after spending a semester over there, I came back and I was like, I think I'm gonna make turiso because my dad, when he's I'm a first generation born here as an immigrant when you got here, they're making me. He would make shiriso when I was a kid. And so that's where I get the triso background is from my dad and my mom's family and themselves. And so when I came back from that semester that I took off, I was like, yeah, I think that's what I'm gonna do. After spending time in the butcher shops, I came home, I didn't even think about it. I was like, you know what, I'm going to try my luck making chriso. And I told everything I owned, and whatever I couldn't get money for I gave away and I just stripped my apartment and bought the first fifty pounds meat a meat friend or and some spices in March of twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is brave, bro. So you start he's selling You got the fifty pounds of me. And then I was reading here that you initially sold about a hundred pound of churiso every three months.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it would take me every three months because I was walking on flip. I had a little stroller and a little schooler, and I would walk the streets of Culver City, Santa Monica, Venice, and just people that were walking on the street or you know, I would hand out a little business part and tell them hey, I saw toiso and they look at me and they're like what, And I bring out a little bag of Chartiso and I'm like, this is Chtiso. If you guys ever meet Toriso, let me know, it's a sausage.
Speaker 5: And that's how I.
Speaker 6: Started knocking on doors. I would walk in the kitchens in the back of the alleys in Vanics and Abit Kinney's knocking on doors and I'd be like, hey, I want to talk to the chepherd, the suet chef, and they'd be like, who are you And I'm like, I'm the Toriiso man. I have products.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me so happy, Like you went door to door trying to get in the kitchens of restaurants as the toy Man. Yeah, now your business is called that now.
Speaker 6: Right, it's the Treaty Man. In the nick that the Toady. The actual name comes from my dad's nic name and that's where they used to call them when I was a kid. It's Toady short for Toisa Man, so Tody and then we named it the Tody Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Chory Man Jory Mobile. That's what he rolls around with. So all right, here's the now, this is a great success story. It's about the grind. I mean, you didn't know anybody, you didn't know how to do it. You just went for it with persistence and determination. And now check this out, Umberta Regosa of the Chory Man, which you can go to at the Choryman on Instagram. He is now selling to over twenty restaurants, to markets, to distributors in the Greater LA area. And he's made it work. He's made it work. That's awesome. I love a grind man. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Fifteen hour day, seven days a week, that's what it takes.
Speaker 2: But you're happy, right.
Speaker 6: Oh, every day I wake up today, I woke up at three in the morning. I was in West LA by three thirty delivering and I delivered all through West LA and mid to the La Sally and then headed back to my shop and I'm right now warming everything up.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a sign that says Chory Man and it's on Alma Street and West twenty third in San Pedro. Go get some Chadisos today and have him be sold out. Get all that meat and spice and sal get all the good stuff for the weekend.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have.
Speaker 6: Anything you know, from Grilly treesos to pan Brighton trees. We have burritos if you guys want to just have breakfast Britos, our top sellers, our breakfast Breedo with potatoes, egg cheese and too oh that's what we sell.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: We're open from eight to two Wednesday through Sunday.
Speaker 2: I also think it's a spin off of the Marvel universe The jury Man, because this is like a person. Yeah, I mean, it's like a great I think it's a great superhero film. Yeah, all right, The jury Man. Thank you and Berto appreciate your hometown house. Keep it up, brother, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Have a good day.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: My favorite you too. My favorite party is I went door to door, knocking in the back doors of kitchens and saying, hey, let me, let me just show you what I got. And he did it like he chipped away and made it. That was twenty thirteen when he started twenty twenty four. It took a minute.
Speaker 1: That's the epitome of hustling.
Speaker 2: That's what hustles. I got so excited about.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: All right, I want to get this training report. I wonder who it is. So you said, could we be with the partner eats the same thing every single meal. The answer for me is no.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, David Beckham revealed that his wife Victoria Beckham has eaten the same meal every single day for the last twenty.
Speaker 2: You didn't say it was Victoria Beckham.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: No, I still couldn't do it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: So he said that she eats steamed vegetables and grilled fish, refusing to ever deviate, and David said that Victoria's refusal to change is a real issue because he is a huge food and wine fan, but his wife just won't join in, which led me to my question, would you be able to date someone that eats the same exact thing day in and day out? They still say no, even if it's Victoria Beckham David Beckham, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, if David were my partner or Victoria were my partner, I'd still have to I think it would be a problem for me. I get so excited about sharing my meals and my wine. I like to have a glass of wine with and klak. But for me, like for me, happiness is the way I share and show love is through food. It's just the way I'm programmed. Tanya.
Speaker 3: See, it's interesting because I was doing this report and I was like, I feel like I could be that person to eat the same thing day in and day out.
Speaker 4: I feel like it would dude.
Speaker 1: Do that you eat your hard boiled eggs, and she also enjoys herself.
Speaker 3: And also when I come into work, though, I pack the same stuff just because it's easy. It's easy to boil eggs at nights, you know, like for work.
Speaker 2: Out the wild you share dishes with your husband and my fiance.
Speaker 3: But yes, yes, but also at night, I feel like it's always a discussion, what do you want for dinner? What should we do for dinner on Monday? What should we do for dinner on Tuesday? Like we're always like tossed, like we can never really figure out what we want. If we just take the same thing every single night, be so easy.
Speaker 2: No, I like to share my baba gnush with somebody. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can imagine making my own meal and the family is eating something different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also passing the dishes around everybody taking a bite and seeing people's expression. Tony, you have.
Speaker 3: Different types of vegetables and fish Like Victoria Beckham, I'm sure she doesn't need the same exactly is.
Speaker 2: Good for her. She's gonna live forever. Good on her, She's gonna be like healthy and fit forever. I just think I need even though I like to eat very very clean. I mean, you throw down a kebab for me and I can't. Stops are great, kebobs are great, right, I don't need the kebabs. But if you put a kebab in front of me, a kebab, what's wrong with a kebab? I love a kebab. I'm saying like, I don't need to eat those all the time, but if you put in front of me, I will.
Speaker 4: I could eat kebab every meal.
Speaker 2: See, like the minced meat kebab. That's the best one.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So excited. And it's Friday, so I can cheat, I can deviate from my plan. What's for dinner tonight?
Speaker 1: Tonight?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have no clue. You know what we have? What you do know because I told you we have no edible cookie dough. Well that's dinner right, No, that's after it. But I'm about to in my chair with excitement right now because they cannot wait to have the edible is it?
Speaker 1: Then actually bake it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna bake it. It's edible cookie dough. You eat it, edible raw cookie dough. You eat it out of the tube.
Speaker 4: It's good.
Speaker 2: It's actually it is life.
Speaker 1: I like, we can never have cookie dough in the fridge because Michael will just eat it.
Speaker 2: Before we have. My new favorite dessert is that? And I meant it's not my new it's just I never say it, but I'm gonna say it today. It's my new favorite desert.
Speaker 1: I want to make cookies for the kids. There's no cookie dough left, so.
Speaker 2: This is not for baking. This is Nestlie's tallest edible cookie dough, made to eat, just with your spoon. The cookie dough you bake with is a different product.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: It's it's beyond interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm intrigued.
Speaker 2: Tanya, that was a it was a very exciting report.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you thought you'd like it.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm very excited because your weekend watch this. I'll get to which recommendations you gave me that I did get into. But first, if you are going to snow when you watch something this weekend, these are the top five unhealthiest snacks. Did you know about this? Number five? Nutella? I love nautella on a banana nutella. It's considered one of the unhealthiest snacks. High sugars, really good also the snack packed chocolate vanilla pudding. The snack pack pudding one of the most unhealthy snacks. Number three unhealthiest snacks, they say, if you're gonna have a weekend, watch this party. Number three callus frosted strawberry pop tarts. I ate those in college, and the chocolate ones almost every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah, they're good.
Speaker 1: Behind you.
Speaker 2: I didn't even toast them, they were so good. Number two five unhealthiest snacks. Snyder's Hot Buffalo wing pretzel pieces.
Speaker 1: No, I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you've never seen those. No, they're like, uh, pretzel holes, but powdered with the buffalo flavor. They are t D four Wow. Number one Top five and healthiest snacks. Number one rits bits, cheese sandwich crackers. Oh yeah, wow.
Speaker 1: What about the peanut butter ones.
Speaker 2: I mean they're good. I'm not so sure they're good for you. I mean, eat this stuff you want, but I'm just telling you what. You know that popcorn not on the list. I'm not always a huge popcorn person because it gets in my teeth, but I think popcorn sounds good. My secret ingredient for popcorn garlic powder, not salt. Nice garlic powder not salt.
Speaker 6: The weekend watch list Just.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the weekend watch list now, and your suggestions. I'm always like wanting to hear these. You suggest it's his net grizel da m hm. And Sophia Vigara needs to win an award. Wow right, Wow? I watched it. I watched. I was bum They're only six because I burnt through it. Yeah, she's It's just it's I didn't even know Sofia Vergara, but I knew Sophia Verghara. But whatever they give for that, she should win it. Yeah, whatever category it is, Sophia Vergara winner. She doesn't win it. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: And the makeup balloon, I think she was in hours for the prosthetics for like the nose, the chin, like and all that and stuff. It's wild.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for that tip. We did watch that. What else is on your weekend watch list? Issney? What else should we pay tention?
Speaker 1: This one has been on my watch list all week and I haven't gotten to it yet, but I'm really excited to probably start it tonight and then who knows if I binge at the entire weekend and it's fourteen episodes, and that's why I've been kind of putting it off. But everybody is talking about this. It's called One Day and it's on Netflix, and its explores the story of best friends who met in college, and it's based off of a novel if I'm not mistaken, right, and so it's a beautiful story and it's everywhere, and so everyone's buzzing about this One Day on Netflix.
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 2: It's called one Day, Tanya, what should we watch?
Speaker 4: Okay, get ready? Because Love is Blind is back for season six. It is on net whatever you know?
Speaker 1: Hotly, I'm with you, Tanya. I actually I'm excited about this.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: So this season, for season six, they're in Charlotte and it's the same premise. They date in the pods and then they try and see if they're gonna get married. The first six episodes came out on Valentine's Day and then the next three come out next Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I Love Love is Blind.
Speaker 4: I Love Love is Blind.
Speaker 2: Oh so if your love is blind person, that's Tanya's pick. If you're not check this one out from Ruby because this is not comedy, is it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: It's not. It's called nine I in Waipo on Hulu and Disney Plus. It's a seventeen minute short documentary short, but it's nominated for an Academy Award, and it's basically like a personal love letter from this director to his two grandmothers that take care of each other. So it's like very sweet and emotional and short.
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's so good. It hits like all the fields seventeen minutes. Ye you not only if you're Best Documentary Short the Academy Awards. That sounds great.
Speaker 1: It's really really good.
Speaker 2: I watched it twice. I think I watched that once. That was the one I did watch. I think I like that anyway. Good choices, Good choices for the weekend watch list. All right, so yeah, this is interesting. Viola Davis posts on her Instagram the other day and it struck us. She said, you meet your eighteen year old self. You're allowed to say three words. What do you say to your eighteen year old self? And at first you're like, oh no, it's a lot of things I would think about, but it does. It does strike me. What would you say to your eighteen year old self? She says, I would say you are worthy, and then other celebs chimed in. Scissor said it's not personal. Descalvi said time always heals, Brad Garrett said it gets better, and a quest Love said invest in uber funny, which is great. So it could be anything, could be some levity, could be some seriousness, could be wisdom or what would you say, Tony, what would you say to your eighteen year old self?
Speaker 4: I would say love conquers all.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's good.
Speaker 4: Always go first.
Speaker 2: Did you've said that two years ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I believe love conquers all, especially when you're sometimes you can go negative. Always go to the positive, Always go to the love, Always go to the light.
Speaker 2: It's very good. Eighteen year old self, Sysney, what would you tell you?
Speaker 1: I just watched the Jennifer Lopez movie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, how is it?
Speaker 1: It's beautiful. It is such a well done movie and really funny, and it was really really good. And she actually refers to herself in the movie, back to her nine year old self, and she says, I love you, and it's so simple, and so I think I would say I love you to my eighteen year old self because I just although I believe, you know, eighteen was such a like, there's times where I just feel like you're unsure and I just feel like I love you. So it's just simple. Three words says it all.
Speaker 2: It's just strong three words. Oh, Marianna, welcome to have you.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 2: Ryan, don't let the door slam there? For me, I would say, it's not three words, but don't sweat the small stuff. I think earlier in life a lot of the small stuff would make me sweat and you know, occupy my brain space. So I'd find a shorter way of saying that. Basically, back room, let's go to Ruby. What would you say eighteen year old self?
Speaker 8: I'd probably say, don't rush it because I felt like I always wanted to grow up so fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one, okay, Mikayla.
Speaker 1: Mine's kind of similar to Ruby's. I would say, cherish more moments.
Speaker 2: Oh you sud really sweet and heartfelt and thoughtful. Madianna, I know you just walked in, but why not? What would you tell I didn't even know if you know what we're talking about? What would you tell your eighteen year old self?
Speaker 4: I would tell myself to don't be scared, so take risks.
Speaker 2: If I have to. All of these are so good. I want to just take all of ours, put them on a piece of paper and read them every day.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, another good one. Have no regrets?
Speaker 2: Yeah, be patient er trying to get three words out of that. Must be patient, Must be patient? All right, good stuff, that's fun exercise. Thank you I all Davis for inspiring that conversation. Here.
Speaker 1: Reapply your sunscreen.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and don't forget your neck. You don't think about that, but you will later. Thanks for having us on this morning. It's been a fun Friday morning. We started off with a good laugh and we're gonna end. Actually we're gonna end with a little celebration. It's not over yet, but a little celebration here. Uh Frankie V with his cap. That lets me know it is Frankie V right on the front of it, Frankiev. Before we get into what's happening this weekend, how are you congratulations? You have a wet everybody's got a wedding coming up there.
Speaker 7: I know, right, it's it's it's it's such a fun, exciting, slash stressful and scary time in my life.
Speaker 2: Brian, Well, what's what are you scared?
Speaker 1: Of let's have a therapy session.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm gonna say sis, and you could probably give me a whole lot of it. I share the one you know, you've been married for a while. What's the one thing I should be scared of?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: Just always say I love you. I'm sorry. I say I'm sorry first.
Speaker 2: That's it perfect, That sounds exciting. Wait, so you've got Tanya is getting married. I'm gonna by the way, I am ordained. I don't know what you need in terms of services, but I am ordained you don't either, just be.
Speaker 4: Going to officiate all these weddings?
Speaker 1: Now, what do you jealous?
Speaker 3: My officionado just offering to just do everybody's weddings now makes like so sad?
Speaker 2: Why is very successive?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very own him.
Speaker 2: By the way, I said, I own you.
Speaker 1: I'm also ordained. And you did not ask me to officiate your wedding Tanya, and I was not offended, but you kind of are by bringing up.
Speaker 2: I said, non compete, non compete? Did you see what I have to deal with?
Speaker 4: I know I asked him to marry me, and he's like, hey, want me to marry you?
Speaker 2: And you and you Yeah, Well I'm right.
Speaker 7: Are you giving the friends and family discount on this because.
Speaker 1: He's working on his portfolio?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, frank when's the big day?
Speaker 7: It's June eight, that's the Quad Casino resort down in San Diego. And I'm excited, Ryan, because I have a ninety eight year old grandmother that lives in Boston and she's been practicing her dancing in the kitchen. Oh is flying in from the East coast.
Speaker 2: That's that's excited. Well, congratulations for that. You're very happy for you. This weekend? When can we hear you what you got?
Speaker 7: My'm Maxic gonna be off this weekend working on the wedding planning, So I got you gonna have to do that weekend on the weekends, giving away a lot of free gas when you're gonna be driving around gas prest of the crazy, so freak gas all weekend. I except them, all.
Speaker 2: Right, brother, Well good luck and uh, that's very very sweet your ninety eight year old grandma coming in from Boston right out a Logan airport to participate.
Speaker 7: Took of that for sure.
Speaker 2: Take good care, right, Frankie Mark says on a post it Frankie v on weekends but not this weekend.
Speaker 1: By Franky.
Speaker 2: I got to read the post it notes in front of me, all right, what's exciting? So many marriages?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's another wedding for you, Ryan on Air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again Monday