Speaker 1: The Around the NFL podcast is Sorry you didn't get that quarterback you wanted.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another edition of Around the NFL, a very special edition of Around the NFL, the post draft edition of.
Speaker 1: Around the NFL.
Speaker 2: Seven rounds in the books and now we're gonna talk about it. Dan Hands is here, Greg Rosenthal, Mark Sessler. It really does feel finally, finally mark the end of the yellow brick road. As we we're gonna have a great episode today. We're gonna dig in on winners and losers. We're gonna go check in on our sandwich props. We're just gonna really kind of put this draft to bed and then we are on some level set free until training camp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting because I think day three of the draft is it's a it's a long haul. But I was thinking today as we were creeping from the six round into the seventh, that back in the days in old Culver, in the old newsroom, when the four of us would be, you know, together in the in our cube farm, waiting for it to end, that the minute the show would end, you know, West would lead the way out of the out of the newsroom to a local tavern somewhere in Culver City, downtown Culver and.
Speaker 1: We would typical it would be Rocos Iracos.
Speaker 3: It was often and like we would sell or the cozy, but we would celebrate what you're just mentioning that this is a pivot point, a turning point in what is an off season that barely exists until now.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Dan, you know, we got we got around the AFC and NFC coming up this week, we got projected starter series is coming back.
Speaker 1: You know exactly what I mean. And I love it.
Speaker 4: I do love the feeling and I could feel it on day two once like you start seeing these rosters, because after day two it's it's guys, you're not expecting to play much kind of get filled in and you have enough of your answers and it's like, okay, now now we've kind of got the talking points, we've got the teams that we're gonna be talking and I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: And yeah, of course the show will continue throughout the rest of the spring and into the summer, and we're going to have a lot of fun. But in terms of like what's coming up, what lies ahead, the draft was kind of the end of the beginning of the end. That sounds right, and now we're going to talk about it. And we kind of have a tradition on this Saturday show. We do it winners and losers style. So why don't we get it going? And Greg, why don't you get us started?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to start with the Washington Commanders, who I don't know if we gave full, like throated enthusiasm because we knew Jaden Daniels was going to be the pick there at two and it is a really exciting time for their franchise to totally restart with a quarterback that that's that exciting. And then you look at what they did on Day two of the draft, and you had so many picks, and you know, I was going to make the first winner the team that finally stopped the slide of my boy Johnny Newton, who, yeah, maybe he felt because of that foots are, but I think they got a great, great value. He's going to be ready apparently for the offseason. At thirty six, they get another player who I think can play right away in the slot, cornerback from Michigan, Mike Sanders. Still, and again it's a reminder they loaded up on draft picks. I'm not gonna pretend I have like a ton of hot takes for their other third and fourth round picks. They get a blocking tight end in the second round, but a bunch of Day two picks, and you remember, oh yeah, they gave up Chase Young, they gave up Montes Sweat. Their owner Josh Harris, kind of stepped in with the idea of like this this season with Ron Vera is unimportant. Everything is about the future. They have a ton of Day one and two picks. Jayden Daniels is going to be exciting. I love these second round picks and it's just like a lot of young guys.
Speaker 1: It's a nice start.
Speaker 4: And I think the idea that they had of trading Sweat and Young it made sense for that team ultimately, and they're going to bear the fruits of it after this draft.
Speaker 1: I love that you went here first. I'm totally with you.
Speaker 3: And you know, Mike Sandras still the nickelback like they Nick Saban called him, pound for pound, the best football player in the entire draft. I mean, and that's not someone that's going to heap false praise on someone they got Newton. It definitely comes down to how Jayden Daniels winds up. But I thought it was a big victory for Adam Peters the GM two because you know, this is a team that's been in chaos and in the abyss for a long time. And he did a number of interviews he was willing to go on with like with Bill Belichicken friends on ESPN, and you know others beyond that, and I thought he he laid out to plan. Well, you get a sense because I think when you're a fan, we're in a savvier time where like you want to know that your GM is not a head case, and like he came across as someone with a clear direction and that's something this team has been missing for a long time. They feel like a completely different team. I think when you come out of the off season process, whether it's free agency and the draft, and you feel like, wait a minute, this is a completely different experience. That's a victory at least emotionally for now.
Speaker 1: Took a third.
Speaker 4: Round guard, by the way, but the offensive line still needs some work. So it's a shaky offensive line in Cliff Kingsbury's euroc That's the only concerns.
Speaker 1: But other wise it's exciting. Those are pretty big concerns.
Speaker 2: I think it's good that you added that part of it, but I agree with it. You said, in fact, the Commanders what are going to be my first choice as well? And I was going to then mention Adam Peters because he does also benefit from you know, we all get sometimes lucky or unlucky in life with timing. He is absolutely a benefactor of some fortuitous timing. And when he gets to the Washington football team post Dan Snyder, post that messy transition rivera year, and now they can really start this thing up, and it does feel like such a fresh start for the organization. Daniels, the way it all worked out, you know, they feel very excited about him. Maybe he's a little sloppy that week leading up to the draft, but it already feels like an ancient story now about the way they handled the visits near the end. Now he's their quarterback, Newton is a highly regarded guy. As a second round pick. They are a team that they're gonna be worth watching.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: There's been a few teams in the league that have been very hard to watch for many years in a row, and this draft you come out of it and the Commanders are one of those teams where like, Okay, this is gonna be fun. Now, well, there's a reason when we do our draft on Thursday for games each Sunday, why you're not gonna avoid the Commanders. And credit to Peters and the organization and Josh Harris, who I don't think is gonna walk into any restaurant and take someone else's hat off and tell them what for. I mean, that guy seems to have his act together as well. So good job by the Commanders, good job fans. This could be an exciting era for the team about to commence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think the other team that you'd mentioned, Dan and you talk about like Snoozefest for years in a row, that you just so much simply avoid unless they were playing like a sexy operation. On the other side, the Bears. I mean, they've been a they've been a problematic watch for so long, and like I think I was thinking about, like when you go to Pro Football Reference and you look at like a draft from four or five years ago, and it's like either the name is highlighted and bold because they're still active, or it's not because they're not playing football anymore. And I really don't care what happened. They didn't have a lot of picks in this draft. But if if you get to a point a couple years from now that Caleb Williams and Romadunze are still operating for Chicago and doing what you hope they're doing, this is a completely different team and they have tranled just as much as Washington, but over the course of two offseasons are completely transformed. And I think Caleb Williams is a big winner because there were these floating questions about the millennial nature of him and all this stuff that I think is garbage that he put to bed. I think with his own personality, he did a great job. Right when he was drafted. He seems so proud to be a quarterback for the Chicago Bears' that's been a long time coming. And you found the wide receiver at number nine that was like, this is ideal, And so I think the combination of them, but the rest of the roster.
Speaker 1: Addie Refluss was a largely anonymous coach.
Speaker 3: To two offseasons ago, you're starting to realize, like this GM and coach together, the whole Chicago Bears situation looks so much more promising that I put them right there with Washington as a team that you feel completely different about it. It's like, I'll be annoyed if Greg is drafting the Bears, you know, early on in Week one or week two next year, because I want to watch them now and I've not felt that way about the former Mitch Trubisky led Bears in a billion years.
Speaker 1: So that's new territory for me.
Speaker 4: It's like, fine, if you're got to put them in primetime five or six times like they seem to do with the Bears every year. Now we get Caleb Williams and Rome of Dunese, I'm with you. I also liked that they have this third round tackle that, like a lot of times players say there, I was a fan with the team growing up, you know, I was always a fan. It's like now in the age of Twitter, you can go and see it. His name is Kieran I'm a god Jay, a tackle from Yale, and they found his tweets just railing the play calling from like four years ago, saying I love watching both our tackles get beat at the same time as like Nick Foles got rocked. Our leading rusher is a linebacker, for eleven yards. Make the pain stop?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 4: How come no one can call plays on this team? I just love like seeing like a now a player on the team can can see if he wants.
Speaker 1: To complain about the play calling, but I like their play caller.
Speaker 2: So Winners Commanders, Mark yours was the Bears right?
Speaker 1: And that?
Speaker 2: And you guys are killing me because that you've now hit the both the ones I was going to talk about.
Speaker 1: The Bears was almost too obvious, but you got to lead with those two. I think the Bears the Bears like, how could you do better than they did? So what are you saying that? You're saying that? Mark? And it brought it up and no, it was my too.
Speaker 4: I just mean, like you get anyone is getting too cute mentioning teams before the Bears, maybe I was too cute. Even It's like, how can you win it more than Caleb Williams and third.
Speaker 2: Winner in this selection process, I would say I'm definitely a loser in the winners section in terms of the timing, but I'll find a way to get even. I'll say that it's so it's it's so striking. The difference a difference one year makes what happened with Bryce Young and Carolina as the number one overall pick, and the way I hope teams learn from that and putting a kid into the starting lineup with nothing around him is a recipe for disaster. And that was kind of a that was a perfect storm of poop for the Panthers because to get to that number one pick, you had to trade your number one wide receiver when you didn't have much behind him at all. So you took away this you know, gifted young player in Dj Moore, and then you get the number one guy you want.
Speaker 1: Forget about the CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud component, but just the idea of not having any help around and I just I'm blown away by the difference for Caleb Williams, who has Shane Waldron coaching him, he has DJ Moore, as they said, on the outside, you have this fantastically exciting rookie prospect and Roma Dunez. And we know that wide receivers can hit the ground running as big time producers, so that's a possibility here that DJ Moore, who I think was a fifteen hundred yard receiver with a ton of touchdowns, now has a potential superstar joining him. And oh by the way, Keenan Allen is on this team, and Keenan Allen, before he went got injured last year, was on pace for like one hundred and thirty catches.
Speaker 1: So that's how you do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, And they'll have to block for him obviously in the running game will have to do its work. But he is so set up well and I should mention DeAndre Swift also is added to this team, and that's a guy can make plays out of the backfield as a pass receiver too. So you know, I think from number one overall pick like confidence in a player hitting the ground running where when you combined his pedigree and what we think that this player is Caleb Williams. Now with what he's joining, the Bears can instantly be a threat in the NFC. And that's an exciting thought I know for Bears fans, maybe the.
Speaker 4: Best division of football now and I went up, Now we're gonna that the Packers Bears game. I mean, that could be like Sunday Night Week one. I feel like, let's flip it.
Speaker 2: Over to losers and I'll start with the Dallas Cowboys. It's been a tough offseason for the Dallas Cowboys. And I thought there was a chance here that they would hit on the draft in a way that was exciting. And it doesn't really matter if it's buzzy. Ultimately, the guys that they pick have to play like Tyler get in their offensive tackle out to Oklahoma. They take an edge rusher Marshawn Neeland out of Western Michigan with their second round pick. They take another line in Cooper Bebee with their third round pick. But there is a significant lack of sizzle here around the Dallas Cowboys and a team that needed to find a way to get better this offseason. I just don't see it, and then you have these I don't know. I think I think it's fair to say, if you're a Cowboys fan that you're a little bit nerve us about Jerry Jones as we enter these next years going ahead. He's an aging owner and they are. Obviously he has a huge voice in that room the press conference heading into Round two for a team that was desperate for running back help. Let's listen to Jerry Jones here when he talks about a running back prospect and does not do it after they take the prospect.
Speaker 1: They do it before.
Speaker 5: That's true that you could give some kind of assessment about Jonathan Brooks as an NFL prospect.
Speaker 3: And how his recovery is coming from Mashields versus.
Speaker 5: In my thirty years, I thought it was the best interview that I've ever interviewed. What's a player? He's outstanding and he's just outstanding, and he's a great football player. We got him.
Speaker 1: And he's a good showing the board, well, I got.
Speaker 6: It out here.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Who's on the far right on that day is I had the same question. That's well play They're they're personnel director. Okay, great, so that's important.
Speaker 2: If you play the rest of that clip, I'll just tell you Stephen Jones is next to him, Jerry's son, who literally elbows him and says, hey, show them the whole board. While you're at it, you have Mike mccarthur just sitting there essentially like a corpse, like I cannot believe this is what's happening. And then you have the personnel director who ends the interaction with media with and there's a lot of other guys we like too, So you get basically give away how desperate you are for Jonathan Brooks, who then of course goes to another team, and I don't know if it's direct, if it's there's a correlation, but they take Jonathan Brooks forty six in the twenty twenty four draft, So the Panthers jump up and get Brooks, and I just thought it was that was like a snapshot into the world of the Cowboys right now. And the reporting that's coming out today that the Cowboys are now interested in a reunion with Ezekiel Elliott tells me everything about an organization that needs to find a way to get over the hump. But if anything, I feel like they've backed alid a little bit this offseason.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, and like the I think the Ezekiel Elliott part of it is uncreative. It is embarrassing because you here's the thing. I think Jerry Jones over the last five six plus years and his team kind of kind of quieted some of the criticism about it being a bit of a Wild West operation because they drafted really well and they made good decisions. And I know, you know in the past he always like over extended his own players and paid them too much, but they were good. A team that drafted well like this in this offseason has been a complete disaster.
Speaker 1: And and there's you know it was too monchy, so you could complete disaster. That feels a little I don't want to. I don't think it's I don't think it is.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, because this is a team, this is one of the five or six teams that went into the offseason viewing themselves as a super Bowl team and verbalized because here's what annoys me, because you don't have to say anything. You don't have to say what you just said in that press conference. You don't have to say what you said months ago where Jerry Jones is telling the world and everyone's gonna listen and talk about it. We're all in, we're gonna do everything. And I'm tired of talking about the subject at this point too. But it's like, you're gonna say that and then you do nothing.
Speaker 4: Look, I think they ended up with a guy and Tyler Geitton that might not be ready to play right away, and yet they need him to play right away. And after trading down five, but to give them some credit, they picked up an extra third round pick because like they might need another starter to start this year, and that's Cooper Beebe.
Speaker 1: So it's like Okay, you traded down.
Speaker 4: You maybe did get an extra potential starter at guard in the third round.
Speaker 1: We'll see if that works out or not. But the Brooks thing is crazy to me.
Speaker 4: Not only did that lose me a sandwich by Jonathan Brooks Cowboys, that direct hit which I thought was gonna happen, that was before the draft. I made that pick. And then he said that the Panthers. The Panthers traded up. Of course they're aware of that, and they're probably aware that the Cowboys are heat seeking and running back anyways, and Jonathan Brooks, if he wasn't coming off of torn acl I mean his tape as a receiver and just how he can move his feet as a big guy is pretty great. Like he could have been a potential first round running back now for the injury, and yeah, you gave away the game and you don't end up with your guy in the second round.
Speaker 2: Jarro turns eighty two later this year, and I just if you haven't seen it, and you can check it out on YouTube if you'd like, where the show also lives. Just seeing the way Steven Jones especially was reacting and Mike McCarthy I think was in a catatonic shock at that point how they reacted to the Cowboys credit and this is to Jarro's credit, to Stephen Jones, to Mike McCarthy. The last three seasons twelve and five, twelve and five, twelve and five, and a lot of that has been going back to strong drafting and they've been able to become a top team in the NFC. It's just I can't shake that feeling and this now I don't want to step on the around the NFC in forty eight minutes. But my overall thought is like they already had the window, was the window, and now they missed it with Dak and CD and Michael when they were young, when they were younger, before second contracts, and now they're stuck in this kind of I don't know, purgatory and they and they're not there. They can't really improve the team because they if they want to keep the core together, they're gonna have to pay all those guys. So you're kind of stuck in between. And then you have to and you're picking late in the draft because you keep on having a great regular season record, So they're kind of caught in this twilight zone. It will be interesting to see what Cowboys team we get in September.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the biggest concern for me is the change of tone in the Dak Prescott talks that the Cowboys are kind of putting it all off, and Dak when asked about it at these charity events and stuff, has a very different tone too, and that that's an awkward situation. He has a no trade I mean a no tag clause in his contract, which is massive as he hits free agency. And yeah, they could they could decide to just like rip the bandit off. And you're right, they've drafted well, but they didn't last year when I thought they kind of reached for need. And I kind of think if you look at this drafty, they kind of reach for need too.
Speaker 2: Let me just final point when you look at their depth chart, because I really thought they needed to add a playmaker to their offense. They don't get the running back they wanted. You still obviously have CD there, although you have contract drama around him. You still have Brandon Cooks, who's a very solid guy who found his footing right now. You have Jalen Tolbert as a starter. You have a sixth round pick, Ryan Floornoy taken. You have a seventh round pick last year, Jalen Brooks on the roster. Cavante Turpin is there as an option. It's just it's not hot. It ain't hot on that depth chart. Once you get past the super duperstar and Brooks, so.
Speaker 1: Cooks, I should say.
Speaker 2: All right, how about another winner or a loser, anything you want.
Speaker 4: Greg Well, just because you mentioned it with Jonathan Brooks, just a quick winner on Bryce Young, I thought the first round pick, you know, moving up to take Xavier Leget, it's a little risky. He's a risky prospect. He kind of reminds me of Jonathan Mingo, the guy they took at fortieth overall last years. Like he's not really a guy that gets opened, but when you see him running in the open field, he is just like a sight to behold. I would like guys that could get open. I know that they're hoping the offense, you know, help helps you out a little bit more. But then in the second round, you get the best running back in the class with Jonathan Brooks. You get a tight end in Jatavian Sanders. You spent all that money in the off season on the offensive line, just like an exorbitant amount of money. It's like, Okay, we're trying here. Like they went into this draft trying to help Bryce hung out as much as they could. Jatavian Sanders is a pretty explosive tight end. Maybe it takes them a year to get ready, but like, okay, three more offensive pieces. We spent much on the line. It's like, at least they're trying go Bryce Young, don't give up.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I thought they they had a good draft, and I mean they I think it makes sense because we saw the Bills do this with Josh Allen in a hurry and this was a Kyle Shanahan thing. Wherever he went was like a mass weapons and get your kind of offense together quickly. And I like what they've done for Bryce Young this this offseason. There are, yes, there's some question marks about parts of it, but it is wholly better than where it was a year ago. And it's like, you're gonna get a better read because I I don't give him a total mulligan for last season, but it's just kind of hard to assess who the player is going forward based on that. You know, a total mess of a campaign where the coach is getting fired. You're already on your second. I like, I like the idea of you're bringing a quarterback in Canalis, the guy that's saved two quarterbacks in a row.
Speaker 1: That's a good fit.
Speaker 3: And then they're putting him in a position where we can assess what Bryce Young is and then you've got to make a hard decision if he's not improved. All right, give us another one mark, So I'll give you a winner with a loser folded inside of it. I thought the Bengals had a good draft, and it's it. Maybe maybe you don't love all of it because I know, you know, we're communicating and we're hearing from like you know, the Westling brothers, and they seem kind of hot and cold with certain stuff.
Speaker 1: But like, if you get the right version, we weren't.
Speaker 4: Big on a Marius Mems, which I thought was a shot worth taking at the spot.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, and that's the thing. I think.
Speaker 3: If you get like the upside, and I think they trust that they can do that, then that's a good pick.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's take a break and we'll do some more winners and losers.
Speaker 1: Just getting warmed up here. We'll be right back. Welcome back. We're gonna do some winters and losers coming up in these seconds. What love is that?
Speaker 2: Why you're talking so fast while you're rotating in the chair too.
Speaker 1: You were giving a little audio fantasia there for us. I like that. I don't know what fantasia means, but I love it.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, everybody, We are going to get back into winters and losers, and we are. Let's talk about a guy that's you know, he's been in our life for a while now, and he's always struck me as a unique individual. And it's hard to it's hard to really put your finger on it. What it is that makes him such a unique individual. What like what makes Chris Ballard tick? Indianapolis Cults general manager since twenty seventeen. And I guess I will say that it's good to have a Chris Ballard in the league because he is going to come at you and he's going to surprise you sometimes. Sometimes will be by the way he looks like he's growing his hair out, like twenty eleven era Tom Cruise right now, like Tom Cruise Scientology video leaks era hair.
Speaker 3: Or twenty eleven Tom Brady. I feel like he's bad.
Speaker 2: Which is by far my least favorite Tom Brady hair era. I did that one, Just that one threw me for a loop. But anyway, with Ballard, it's like, Okay, you're always going to keep us on our toes. And with that said, he kept the entire media on their toes when he sat down after the Friday drafting of a wide receiver A done Mitchell, who is a very talented player who I guess fell down or fell off some draft boards because of reports.
Speaker 1: Is important, reports of.
Speaker 2: Character concerns, okay, and a lot of these reports were not necessarily strongly sourced, but it's stuck to Mitchell, whether he deserved to or not.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: I don't have the data or the research to tell you whether this man should have been getting dinged with character concerned reports. But what Chris Ballard doesn't like are people throwing it out there and not putting their names behind it.
Speaker 1: So hit it, Chris, I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I mean I read some of the bulls that was set on Tea. I mean just a typical excuse my language, our typical league, unnamed sources, you know, bad interview. That's such bullshit. I mean it is. It's bullshit, like put your name, like, put your name on it. I'm tired of we tear these young men down. These are twenty one, twenty two young men. And if you can, if people out there can tell me, they don't they're perfect in their lives. It's crap, it's crap. This is a good kid, and you know, for for that, for those reports to come out, like you know, I said it last year, it's it's bullshit. I'm sorry. I apologize for the language. I don't but I do.
Speaker 2: So he obviously that's that's mad. He's big mad there about it. And I did like uh. And we'll learn more about Mitchell and his NFL journey here now. But he was asked, Mitchell the receiver was asked to describe his game later that same day, and this is good. His respects the best. That's like a Liam Gallagher type response.
Speaker 4: That is a wild journey there, And look, I think it worked out for Ballard. He ends up taking Lati Latu in the first round, the top defensive player on his board, clearly because he was the first one off the board, and knowing this is a deep receiver class and to have a guy like Adie Mitchell, who everyone expected to go in the first round and had some real number one receiver type traits fall to him. It worked out well, and Ballard's mad, and I mean that's a close it's a friend of Lanceserline, who's a friend of the show. So that's a strong character connection there. I think the issue with Mitchell though, and I'll put my name on it, and I don't know. If I don't know about the character stuff, there probably was stuff out there I didn't see. But my issue was when you watched him, it just like looked like he was going half speed like a lot of the time, Like he just didn't go all out every route.
Speaker 1: And so that's not a character issue.
Speaker 4: And there could be conversations about why that happened and why that didn't, but that's gonna take him off some people's boards of like a guy that you didn't feel was giving one hundred percent every single snap in college, and there might be reasons for that, and clearly the Colts don't mind. And he's probably gonna play right away over Alec Pierce. He's a better version of Alec Pierce Ballard definitely. I mean, we've got a lot of you know, track record with him. He certainly likes traits and players. He wants big, strong, lanky, tall guys and like the Colts are built around him and like in other organizations, like I'm not sure he would have survived because they misfired on the quarterback situation post Andrew Luck so many times. But I will say this about Ballard Dan like he looks about twelve years younger to me right now. The hair, the skin, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: It's like there's a bit of a glow up happening there and like it's yet we like, I I know you've had like Ballard personality, I don't know what it is or just like the overall vibe of him. You know, the favorite type of frog thing too, that's just that's that's out there. But like he to me looks about as good as he's ever looked. He's had an incredible the frog thing.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite type of frog? What's your favorite type of frog? We know it was just gaslight mark and say, we have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Two if you were on that hill together because of a combine experience, I understand that, but like.
Speaker 1: Would you famously ask that.
Speaker 3: Would you say that he do you not agree that he looks younger in fresher And this is one of the biggest takeaway I have from one of the biggest takeaways I have from the draft.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, I think he looks good for his age. And I think, uh, I think going back to that standing in Indianapolis, Greg, you and I next each other, and and and watching him address the media for the first time all those years ago, like this, what happened today is kind of hammering home that, like what that initial observation, like, this guy just feels a little different. He's he's got a little he's got a little something to him, a little piss and vinegar, a little bit of an unpredictable nature to him. Maybe he's a perfect GM for ownership with Jim Irs.
Speaker 4: You know something you can't quite put a finger on. But Eric Eric Hebron did that. This story got passed around so long that Eric Ebron responded to it and said, this is the same dude that trashed my name throughout the league, said he said I quit after I played, knowing I needed surgery. This is cap So he's saying that Ballard is just grand standing about a g Adie Mitchell and I think he's the worst GM ever.
Speaker 1: So that's yes, that's Eric Brown. Okay.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, I didn't know this was a thing, but I guess it was a thing, all right. I have one connected to that good Colts team because I thought they were connected. That the Colts and Chargers were winners for the same reason, just that that they passed on wide receivers at spots that they absolutely could have. And if the Chargers had Malik Neighbors or the Colts to Brian Thomas Junior, like I would have liked those picks. But if you look at the combination of what they got, the Colts got Lots and Mitchell, and then the Chargers got Joe all like a really great tackle prospect, and you get lo Lad mcconckiy in the second round. You make those decisions not in a vacuum, knowing that receiver is deeper this year, that the two pack you're getting with your two premium picks is going to be better perhaps if you pass on the wide receiver early. And I just think the Chargers headed at a nice week. They also got Junior Colson. It's probably gonna.
Speaker 1: Start right away.
Speaker 4: Just a David Harris clone is kind of his his mo O, and he played for Jim Harbaugh, and it's just like, it's just so nice to have Harbor. I mentioned the quote the other day, Randy behind the Virtual Glass. Let's let's play the the other Jim Harbaugh quote talking about his brother texting him.
Speaker 1: During the drift.
Speaker 6: My brother texted me getting after the pick and he said, that's that's who I would have taken if if he was at that picks.
Speaker 1: In the phone.
Speaker 6: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Taking the phone.
Speaker 6: Oh, I haven't texted him back there. We'd be an appropriate response there.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up and I'll.
Speaker 6: I'll give him a.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's that's cool. Like my dad, Keith Hansas.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: I feel like in the last eighteen months or so started rocking with emojis for the first time, and it's it's a jarring moment. And I think Jim Harbaugh using emojis is not something I could ever admit. And I think he was playing along there. He had no idea what they were talking about. In terms of putting a thumbs up. He probably wrote thumbs up, that would be a move that feels like a Jim Harbaugh move. I I'm glad you brought up the Chargers there too, because I agree. I think the only thing I was nervous with the Harball hire was that he's he's such a huge personality and character at this point that he's almost too big for a team like the Chargers, and it could lead to some chaos with him being unchecked power wise and some strange stuff going on, like, for instance, you know, answering the phone when the Patriots called about a trade of Justin Herbert, and I just feel like it's been a sensible I know it was a little dicey there in free agency when they essentially dump their top two wide receivers, but that's also there's a logic behind that those are thirty something receivers with injury histories, and to take the best offensive lineman prospect in a couple of years number one McConkey feels like a very Jim Harbaugh guy. And as much as we all can argue about Justin Herbert about at what level and how special truly is Herbert entering year five, Like, give him weapons and give him stability, and give him a good offensive line, and you're gonna get some real hard answers. So I think the Chargers are set up well here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of like we talked about the Commanders and the Bears being different to us, and the Chargers to me, you know, year after year, like no matter who was in charge, seemed to be snake bit by the same football god, ill luck and misfortunes it did. They just seem the same to me always, And it's like they feel very different to me now. And I think, like like Lad McConkie, and we've talked about him a little bit before on the show. I mean, justin Herbert's gonna love him, and I think that Alt is an absolute home run pick.
Speaker 1: So it's like the Chargers to me, there's some different energy.
Speaker 3: And I think the Harball thing is not just you know, a bunch of headlines and a bunch of personality, Like there's a real plan here.
Speaker 4: And I identified him with as like an aging man who very often like sees a text I enjoy kind of look at it, laugh, but I'm in the middle of something and then I completely forget to ever respond, and then you're just I just figure, well, I guess don't ever respond.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 4: You know, people, they're gonna have to understand it. It's a totally different vibe with the Chargers, though, Jim Harborten, we got to get to this at some point in the off season. Is living in an RV park next to Greg Roman. I mean, that is just it's amazing content. And then the Chargers have built out some content.
Speaker 1: I think, dis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we bring that up, but that doesn't mean that we can't dig deeper into that, into that top. I have a winner that I'm like a little hesitant or flat out kind of scared to bring up on this show. I don't so I'm I don't know if I should or not.
Speaker 1: But it's up to you guys, please, I mean, now you have to.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know, I know it's a little on the nose, but if you're the Eagles and you get Quenyon Mitchell falls to you.
Speaker 1: But we already did this.
Speaker 2: I already remember that reumptively named them winners on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Okay, but there's more to it, I would say.
Speaker 3: I I think that, like, for instance, some of their other picks like will Shipley is a very interesting running back, like Cooper Dejean, who I think is a loser in terms of money because I had him going like at twenty and a lot of people had him going in the twenties.
Speaker 1: But he falls to the second round.
Speaker 3: He goes at forty, but it's a great landing spot, so he's kind of a winner. It's kind of if you ever, like were younger, and you took a job that felt better to you, that had a little bit less money attached to it, and you made a good decision on top of that, Like they resigned a j.
Speaker 1: Brown.
Speaker 3: We talked about that, but Jeremiah Trotter is we've we've mentioned that we'll get the best.
Speaker 1: But it's like they did.
Speaker 3: They did, they did, they had, They didn't over they didn't trade up to get stuff that they that they had to overspend for quality failed to them.
Speaker 1: So there's some luck there.
Speaker 3: It's not all Howie Roseman is a demi god from a different part of the solar system. But it's like luck but smart decision making. They got better. Like their secondary quietly needed a lot of work, I thought, and like they addressed it, and so it was just a very solid draft for the Eagles. Where you're walking away thinking like this was a chaotic end of the last season, but we've kind of reset the board to some degree.
Speaker 2: At this point, there's two there's two conversations, and they're separate conversations. So that's that's important. Like my take that I've shared that I feel like NFL media in general is filled with a lot of copycats and people that just prib the notes off people who are seen as tastemakers in terms of opinion.
Speaker 1: I think that's I think that is an.
Speaker 2: Epidemic that that as somebody who listen, you may think Dan gets a lot things right, a lot of things wrong. But I tell you, every opinion I have is my opinion, and sometimes I think, and it's something that actually comes from how I feel and I share it.
Speaker 1: There's too much.
Speaker 2: There's too much out there, people aligning themselves with people whose opinions are respected on a higher level. Greg's part of the problem with this, and and I think, what, No, you're not a part of the problem. But Greg, you are one of the taste makers, by the way, and that's a credit I'll give to you.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: That's why it makes you a little uncomfortable bringing up because Greg has has.
Speaker 4: Influence just like like the same sort of team building that like how he is into we've been too Eagles since twenty seventeen, but they Greg, Greg Dan is.
Speaker 3: Right, but there is a how we hero worship element that like, yeah, I'm not even on Twitter, I don't and you do check it out once in a while.
Speaker 1: And I think Dan's got a point there.
Speaker 2: And you have that, you have a platform Greg within the football Gagna Zancty, and you're not alone and there are other people that think Howie and his team are really sharp and and so that's that's part one of this. Now Part two is the theory I have and I think why this keeps happening every year. I believe the Eagles are very online. This is a theory I have and the Eagles. So when all of these boards come out about these draft boards, about who's a good value who these mocks, isn't it funny that the guys that are widely mocked in the first round then fall to the later rounds, it's always the Eagles that are the ones that get those guys. So I think the Eagles are the decisions they make are very similar to the mock draft community, the top mock draft community people. And then when they take that guy that, oh wait, he was supposed to go twenty three, but he's going thirty eight, and everybody's like, oh my god, the Eagles done it again. Maybe the Eagles aren't doing any work at all, and they are just like basically studying, like Daniel Jeremiah is top fifty or mel Kiper's big board, and they're taking whoever's the highest left pick. It's like the guy in your fantasy league who doesn't know anything but just takes best available player and then you're like, whoa, how did that person last into the third round? I think that's a little thing's Eagles. So I got multiple theories out there.
Speaker 1: Greg.
Speaker 2: I respect your football knowledge you are. I'm not saying you're part of the problem, but it's people that then follow the people that are deemed the intellectual taste makers of football universe that are on my radar. Good job, Eagles. It looks like you got better and you better get better.
Speaker 4: I love this theory because it just shows what a boondoggle it is for the roughly thirty seven men and women, mostly men. Let's be real, in suits in a white shirt with no tie. There's like an Eagle uniform that is the most crowded draft room I've ever seen. There's thirty dudes with suits on, but all they're doing is printing out the Consensus big board. And you know what, there's actually a real answer, so that you might be onto something here in reality, because the Ravens and the Bengals are like this too. There are a lot of analytical thinking that like if you go by the consensus big board, if you go way off, for instance, a consensus big board, like over time, it's been proven production wise, like the Consensus big board actually does outperform basically anything else that you could do, you really could draft off. And the consensus big board Aurifasann who's been on our show he puts it together, is from like one hundred big boards, And you're kind of right that if you do go off that over time it's been proven like that's pretty effective to maybe not be like the Jaguars who are always taking guys like fifty spots before they were supposed to go.
Speaker 3: I think you make a compelling point, Dan with your with your theory, and there is probably an element of truth to everything you're saying. But the other way you can go in the draft is be a team like, you know, like we talked about this a bunch the other night, but like the Falcons, that takes Michael Pennix when no one thought you would take them there, and then they took a defensive tackle. You know, next that, like people are saying, wait a minute, that guy's meant to go in like the fourth or fifth round, and it's like suddenly things start to look nonsensical, slightly dark, slightly crazy, and it's like that fan base that front office is thinking differently and not thinking the way the public things.
Speaker 1: But do we like that? You know?
Speaker 2: I think I've made my point on the Falcons clear, but like I think the Eagles are very well run and not overthinking things I think helps you a lot.
Speaker 1: I also think there's the NFL.
Speaker 2: Now forget about the COGNITCENTI, the NFL is also a copycat league in thinking a lot and when a player starts dropping down the board, I think there's a lot of teams that go like, oh, if so and so doesn't like them, why should we like them? And to the Eagles credit, I don't think they think the same way. I think if they they like a player, they go and get them. So there, I guess that the overarching theory here is that the reason why they keep on being the bell of the ball is their their draft style, like and their draft methods and mythology methodology connects with what everyone's obsessing about for four months and with their mocks and all the things that they're obsessed with. So when the Eagles make the pick that everyone's been spending weeks and weeks about these certain players, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, the Eagles, they did it. You're right, they legitimized not just their roster but me. You're right.
Speaker 3: But Greg, I'd asked you a question, like, why do you think that Cooper dejen fell? I think that was a genuine surprise that he felt that even that far into the second round.
Speaker 1: I think he can do a lot.
Speaker 3: He's a good return man, which matters a lot this at least this season, as a you know, in today's NFL, it's like he seemed like almost any team could use him, and it's like a lot of teams did not agree with the value.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that maybe people viewed him as a tweeter and they didn't quite know where to put him. And like, honestly, being a white cornerback, I honestly think that's that's an issue, like Bomani Jones talks about it a lot, like joking it's like white coaches let your athletes stay at cornerback, they always end up moving him to safety. They never end up getting a chance to stay and play at safety, like this is a crazy athlete. But he did show versatility and maybe just people didn't quite like he didn't fit the profile in they saw him as a safety and a guy you move inside who goes later. By the way, you share your opinion Dan with Bill Barnwell who said he responded to something I said about how he that like you, you know, how he's done it again was trending on Twitter, and he was like, as Mike Curse with Alice, he could and I think he's basically saying the same thing as you in a different way that I think he's consistently a B plus GM And when he's down, people don't like him because he's sort of defending him. But mostly when he's good, people are mad at him because, like he points out, you know, the bad picks like the Andre Dillard pick and the Jordan Davis pick, which he got a lot of credit for. The keiey Ringo pick last year Allequate, It's like he has plenty of missus too.
Speaker 1: He was not there. You mentioned it last week. He was hot for Zach Wilson.
Speaker 4: I mean, right right, you know who's got to becoming the Eagles and just a quick winner is the Lions. Like the Lions secondary and the Lions confidence like their hootspa right now that you trade up for Arnold, that was a great pick Terry and Arnold. And then you you stick and you take another corner who was by far the highest guy on the board for Daniel Jeremiah's big board enis Rakestraw Junior, and you just kind of take the value in between those two guys in Carlton Davis. You've really remade your your cornerback group.
Speaker 1: And that's great.
Speaker 4: But the thing that makes me realize like they're they're a little getting high on their own supply in a good way. They've been confident to take bold picks is they traded a third round pick next year to draft Giovanni Manu, a player that was not invited to the Scouting Combine, with pick one six. So they paid a third next year for pick one twenty six a three hundred and sixty pound tackle from the universe of British Columbia. And they they think it's like they're Jordan Mailatta and that he wasn't gonna necessarily fall that much further.
Speaker 1: And that's great.
Speaker 4: They have conviction about it and they believe like they are the team to turnhim into gold. But that that's a that's a gutsy pick to trade a third for a guy.
Speaker 1: That you know it was playing in Canada.
Speaker 3: Mark, you got one I do, and it's it's a player who's already in the league. And I think it's Brock Party because we were in this forty eight hour window where like I think at the right, you know, situation have been presented. Either Deebo Samuel or Brandon Ayuk are not on the team anymore. Instead they're both on the team. They're not going to get traded, and you add Ricky Parasol. So it's like you actually just added a weapon during a weekend when you know, cap money, whatever situations relationships could have taken. Brock Purty in a very critical third year with a Super Bowl window open, had taken one of his biggest weapons away. So you know, some of this stuff that we had talked about for forty days, like Ayuk and Samuel came up more recently. But it's like in the end, like what the move that doesn't happen could end up being the biggest move for one of the best teams in the league.
Speaker 2: Did you see Ayuk texted the Niners maybe it was Lynch or Shanahan after the pearce All pick. He's like that pick was fire and not gonna lie. And then I saw somebody on Twitter pointed out, like that's like the that's a text scent from a guy that feels confident.
Speaker 1: He's not the guy that's going to be traded if a trade gets made. Exactly.
Speaker 4: He sent like an ig story too, like dancing around this week and I think he is gonna get paid. But Deebo spoke to Diana Ricini and said the team. He didn't say it that the team told him about possibly trading him or not, but she asked about the reports and he just said, I know what's going on. It is what it is. I'm good with staying with them. I'm chilling. And the way the forty nine ers talked about it after is I think they were probably open with him that like, hey, we did have these conversations, and the way they spoke publicly, it sounded like that door has closed now and that they're all going to be there.
Speaker 1: And so you're right, perty's a big winner. This one's kind of tough to classify.
Speaker 2: Uh, Tony Khan, who's the right man, the right hand man of Shod Khan Jaguars owner. First of all, I believe he's still wearing the neck brace. Uh, and that doesn't surprise me. Let's start here today he was today. Yeah, because when you suffer a neck injury and on a on a pile driver still paddling this one, it's not the idea that you're going to get better in a day.
Speaker 1: It might be months, it could be years.
Speaker 2: So I hope, I hope Tony's okay, because, uh, you know, despite Greg following, you know, tens of thousands of people that are wrestling fanatics, you seem to not understand that the the the bumps are very real.
Speaker 4: Well, here here's another one that's on the Pat McAfee show. He was getting on Tony Kahan. He said, if you're gonna wear the neck brace and sell it, stop moving your neck around and walking around as if you're not injured at all, Like while he's wearing the neck brace, Tony khn is just looking around and having a normal thing. So Pat McAfee of Wrestling, you know, enthusiast employee, was saying, you got to sell the neck brace better.
Speaker 2: See this is when and I was just throwing you flowers, Greg for saying that you are part of the illuminati of the NFL media sphere. But now I'm gonna have to give it to you a little bit the other way. You're you're coming off a little uninformed because Tony Khan is with I believe the ae W, which is a upstart. I know that, but it doesn't change the point. And let me throw it to our own network. This was wild Mike Aarrafolo and Steve Wish with Tony Khan, uh talking about all matters of not really Jaguars, just kind of Tony Khan, which is part of my greater point.
Speaker 1: Let's listen in.
Speaker 8: And we're up against a really evil juggernaut. WWE is is our competitor, that's who we're facing. AW like the Pepsi of pro wrestling. Ww's like the Harvey Weinstein of pro wrestling.
Speaker 1: And I'm really proud of what we do down here.
Speaker 2: I think, all right, toy, we're gonna figure hold on real quick, real quick.
Speaker 1: What's the prognosis. What are the doctors telling you?
Speaker 8: Well, uh, you know, to be honest, I think you're gonna have to tune in to AW to find out what they have to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was Mike Garriffalo and Steve Weiss are friends with him.
Speaker 2: Steve Weiss so uncomfortable in that moment anytime Harvey want I don't think Harvey Wantstein's name has ever been uttered on NFL network in any capacity. So you see the on live television, Steve the bells going off there. So yeah, that Pat McAfee is paid by Finzerickman. So I'm just saying, like, obviously he's gonna be critical of Tony Kahan and not try to legitimize his injury, which seems very.
Speaker 1: Possible that I think it was when I watched Thank you sir.
Speaker 2: And and one last thing, Mark, I want to throw to you on this. Now, let's say for a second that it is all a work right, and there's no neck injury and it's just a promotional tool.
Speaker 1: How does this make the Jaguars. Look, I don't I'm not the like, I'm not the I like fun stuff.
Speaker 2: I love when people in football don't take themselves too seriously.
Speaker 1: There are on some levels limits.
Speaker 2: And when he's in the war room with the neck brace and then he's giving interviews and dropping Weinstein on NFL network and like it almost starts to feel like are we I don't know, man?
Speaker 1: Like, where were your thoughts? Mark?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I thought some of the more notable images from the weekend were when he's sitting there and I'm with Greg that there's a lot of neck movement underneath that neck brace, but you know he's turning to better Yeah, he's turning to his right, but to his right is Doug Peterson, former NFL quarterback and head coach, A large man who's you know, serious, is a very serious pivot point in.
Speaker 1: The organization careers on the industry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you got Trent Balki, who's you know, trying to mend fences after you know what happened to him in a press conference a couple of days ago. And it's like the looks on their faces were my favorite part of the draft on one level, because it's like wait a minute, what's going on with this? Like the son of the owner in a neck bracett and we've had him on the show and he's entertaining, and like, I think it's all for sport on some level, I'm not sure of the accuracy of the injuries injury based on the industry that he's trying to apply to us. I'd tend to write side with Greg that it's not accurate for his vanity project, which is this wrestling federation. It's gold obviously, right, but it almost kind of overshadowed everything the Jaguars were doing.
Speaker 1: It just that felt tonally.
Speaker 2: I would think maybe a little off amongst Jaguars fans, at the very least Jags fans.
Speaker 3: Let us know, I would point out that, you know, we're only a couple of years removed from Mike Rabel's teenage or twenty something year old son during the Corona Draft dressing in a full body one onesie.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: That was quite revealing and strange. And that happened on national television too, So mhmm. Was that during COVID, Yes, it was like going in COVID. Yeah, right, Maybe Maybeck's.
Speaker 1: Dog was taking picks, you know, he drafted Taekwon Thornton.
Speaker 2: I believe I have one less loser, and then I'm gonna throw to you guys for your last ones, and then we're we got to get to our sandwich props. And this this one's quite serious. We're just having a little bit of fun. But this is serious. I feel weird even saying it, because I've been, you know, a phociferous defender of this individual, which a lot of people have found ironic. But uh so it's gonna be misleading. It first or seemed that way Bill Belichick was a loser, And I don't like I don't like it. I don't like anything about it, Like because I think that you guys did this to him. And I point to everyone. You put him on a television set this weekend with a fake mel Kiper. You have him asking Adam Peters questions about his day two draft plans, like ask Bill Belichick at so what do you think.
Speaker 1: You're gonna do tomorrow? You want to tell us?
Speaker 2: You know, the exact type of inane in Sepid Burris that Belichick would dismiss in his heyday. I believe this is crass, This is beneath him. This is tragic. Theater is what it is. Is this what you meant when you said the greatest coach of all time needs to take a year off to better understand the modern game?
Speaker 1: Does this tap dancing entertain you?
Speaker 2: Because I see a legendary figure in our game debasing himself at the altar of lazy group. Think stay in the picture, they say, show a different side of yourself, smile or else. Imagine putting Vince Lombardi through these same paces. Imagine asking Bear Bryant to sing for his supper game on you.
Speaker 1: Shame on all of you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love what you said there, but for on Saturday morning, like, I went back and watched about two and a half three hours of of that Belichick performance, and you are right that it was. It was a bit of there were a lot of antics on that set, and at times he seemed a little disembodied from it. But I thought in a in a different way, it helped Bill Belichick because he was awesome in his analysis. And I thought he looked up to Pat McAfee and gave McAfee his correct spot on that show doing it for the first time.
Speaker 1: So I I see where you're coming from.
Speaker 3: But like, I thought Belichick kind of shot he he shone bright. I thought he did a wonderful job in a tough setting though, because it's not it was weird to have Belichick sit there and have to like, it's not unlike, you know, a young boy in a neck.
Speaker 1: Brace with the coach two feet away.
Speaker 3: It was like he's having to deal with the like these set and best mel Kuiper parador out there on the scene so real.
Speaker 1: But are you referring to Frank Caliendo is number one? Well, I think Joey.
Speaker 3: Joey does the best mel Kuiper for my money, Like, I love Joey Mullinaro.
Speaker 1: I think his last name is but he's Oh he called his first name alone. That was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Well, he's he does all sorts of stuff, but he's he's a in a way, mel Kuiper's a winner. You're on your own network and people are like, you know, trying to do impressions of you on your own network. I thought that was kind of like mel Kiper fanboy session.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: You know, we're a show that that appreciates the lighter side of the game. We can get a little wacky. The fact that Belichick could do that. I think it's great. And look, those breakdowns were serious. Not no other broadcast is gonna let Bill Belichick just go for three and a half minutes on every prospect like I've been trained to watch these broadcasts and just TV in general. That Like, once he got through about forty five seconds to a minute of it, I was like, oh wow, this is going on.
Speaker 1: In a while.
Speaker 4: It was going on and going on, but it was cool. It's cool to hear a Belichick like he if you were dorky enough to just want to hear him dive deep on all these players, like they gave him the runway to do it. I'm sure they gave him a massive bag of cash. So I don't feel bad for him. He seemed to be having fun and there was some bad you know, let's call it for what it is. Not every editorial decision we've ever made his work, Not every bit we've ever made is great, Like the fake belt Kiper was a disastrous idea, just.
Speaker 1: Like not good, not funny.
Speaker 2: There's a song by the Who called behind blue Eyes, and I guess while everybody saw Bill tap dancing, there was I was looking behind those blue eyes and I saw a guy in his own prison that could not believe he wasn't in a war room trying to find a way to win yet another Lombardi Trophy. And I'll stand on that having fun. I'll stand on it all right, guys, what do you got before we move on?
Speaker 1: I have so much I'm gonna go. I'll stand on it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go speed round winners, speed round, and I'm gonna do a loser speed Round two after Mark I.
Speaker 1: Don't care singing for his supper. Cardinals hope.
Speaker 4: At seven picks in the top ninety, they're the first team since the nineteen ninety one Cowboys to have that many picks. They quietly had a really solid I would say B plus a minus considering where the picks were last year in terms of their rookie class four like real contributors. Seven picks, I don't know if they're all going to work or not, Like I'm not going to break down, like if Darius Robinson is Day one great player, but Marvin Harrison Junior adds juice and like just a lot of guys in the top three, so there's a lot of hope. I like the Packers always take guys that like don't have a lot of poppets, meat and potatoes, but they end up playing right away. Jordan Morgan's gonna play right away. Their offensive lineman, their linebacker, Edern Cooper second round probably plays right well. They had another second round pick at safety, Javon Builder, probably going to play right away.
Speaker 1: Marshall Lloyd. I liked him.
Speaker 4: He was DJ's top running back. He's a little buried at that position, but he'll play eventually. And then they make the pick of the draft. I don't know how Michael Pratt from two Lane fell this far. He changed the entire program. Maybe the greatest player in the history of the program and a legit quarterback. I will put sandwiches on it that he will outlast at least one of these first round quarterbacks in the NFL. That he's going to have like a ten year plus career. I get why he doesn't have a big arm, like maybe there was medical stuff. I'm shocked he fell to the seventh round, but at least a team that knows quarterbacks will picked him up, so that all around, I think a nice meat and potatoes draft by the Packers.
Speaker 2: I thought that's that's what they needed right Like, this is a team that's really loading up now and they're they're ready to make a real attack.
Speaker 1: In the NFC.
Speaker 2: You don't need to take big swings, just continue to build the roster in a sensible way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there running back Like their running back stable looks really interesting.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give you a TBD because there are open questions about this team. But you you mentioned the Cardinals, and I'm with you. They were there's a whole different feeling around them. They had eight picks at one point when the Browns had made only two. And the one thing that did pass with the ending of the seventh round is that from a draft pick angle, not a money angle, we get that, but from a draft pick angle, the Browns are free of the Deshaun Watson trade. And I give I think Andrew Berry is a winner outside of the Deshaun Watson situation, that through these seasons where they've been hamstrung without first round picks, that they've had good drafts.
Speaker 1: And I think that they took.
Speaker 3: A defensive tackle Michael Hall out of Ohio State, who's got a lot of upside. They took a guard out of Zach Zinter out of Michigan, who looks like a badass to me. But then they had no fourth round pick, and then they're picking a bunch in the sixth and seventh round, and it's like the cost comes home at some point, not only for Deshaun Watson's contract, but the fact that you're one of the You're you're one of the few teams in the league that, for seasons in a row, cannot build through the draft correctly. And I think Barry's done a good job navigating that and agency and through the draft itself. But I still wonder if this is one of the biggest mistakes an organization that has a lot of mistakes.
Speaker 1: On its resume has ever made.
Speaker 3: And a lot has to happen this season with that quarterback for people to feel differently about them. There's some weird stuff going on with with with the whole experience, But from a draft angle, it was it was it was it's not fun to follow a team that has nothing going on in the draft, and the reason for it isn't because of something that you can really get behind.
Speaker 4: Well, especially on a weekend where you're watching like the Steelers, I think they've added a lot of good draft picks over the like they sneak you out a great draft last year. They added two offensive linemen early too, that I happen to like higher than others. They take Peyton Wilson, this linebacker in Roman Wilson like another good mid round, and it's like you're watching the other guys in your division add quality players. Whether the Browns have been sitting it out for a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Correctly, it's over. Though, here's the good news. The at least from this portion in the NFL calendar, it's over. The draft compensation is all rolled through with the Texans and Browns. Now you just have the quite messy issue of Deshaun Watson himself, who is entering year three now. And the idea was we could We're gonna able to stomach these couple of drafts of just being wiped out because we got this guy that was going to be warts and all a franchise star at quarterback, and he hasn't been. He's been an injury riddled mess, and he's been inconsistent when he's been on the field. So yeah, I think where things stand right now, if things don't change, I think it becomes the worst trade of all time, and he's off to a huge head start.
Speaker 1: The Browns are in that race.
Speaker 4: All right, One more speed round here, yes, winner Drake may next five picks after him were all offense. They didn't mess around, including two receivers.
Speaker 1: Jase. I love when teams do that.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite draft tropes, team that needs needs doesn't actually do the best player available. They just say, we are only drafting one side of the ball. It's a little dunderheaded, but also I love it. It makes sense as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Drod Mayo was like, we feel pretty good about our defense. So they added receivers and they added offensive line. The Rams are just like a tougher team. They add your guy Blake Korum in terms of in the running game, and then they pair their first round pick with another Florida State kind of run stopper. So it's just like better on the run on both sides of the ball. Brian Flora's sneaky winner. They've really added a lot on their defense all offseason, Like he was kind of playing without really a full deck last year.
Speaker 1: Aidan O'Connell winner.
Speaker 4: Somehow they didn't draft a quarterback, and I do not believe in any world where Gardner Minshew starts seventeen games, So Aidan O'Connell will be back in our lives, wouldn't surprise Maybe plays quite about loser Saints fans who have to be worried about Marsha and Lattimore getting traded again because they drafted a cornerback high although you know it's a good pick, Coolian McKinstry. And then I thought the bear, you know bear, I mean the Bills taking Keyon Coleman with the first pick of the second round. They just have a bunch of guys who all win over the middle of the field, Like he looks like a slot receiver, and can is that, and Shakier's that, and Samuel's that, and that would be a good spot for obj Darren Waller's chances of returning. That's a loser. They drafted a tight end. It really seems like he is going to retire. And then people who drafted Devin h Chan in way too early fantasy leagues loser because they drafted yet another speed demon at running back, Jalen Wright in Miami.
Speaker 1: Drafting fantasy teams in like late April. What's this? They're crazy? These best ball leagues. I don't know. People are talking about like average draft positions. I don't know.
Speaker 4: They just can't stop doing it. I don't know what it is best ball leagues.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 2: I hope everything's okay with Darren Waller because not only has he, you know, having this moment where it looks like he's ending his NFL career, I saw a report out there that he like suddenly ended his marriage or it seems to be a lot going on with Darren Waller, guy who's had issues in his past in terms of his personal life. So it looks like the Giants are ready to move on and that was not a good trade either. All right, let's take one more break. We come back and we're gonna do some Go get my lunch recaps. Stay right there. All right, we are back. Let's close this thing up. Let's let's empty out. We had a the mods and ends. Just from the draft. There was a a fan, a super fan. I feel like there's a good chance he listens to the show. Mark if we could get his name, because our international listenership is strong. He got to announce a Panthers pick in the draft from Detroit. Let's let's listen to how we ended that.
Speaker 1: God and Talk Detroit from Germany were so one not at.
Speaker 9: First pick in a twenty twenty four NFL draft, see Carolina Panther select Chatavian sand Us tight in Texas.
Speaker 1: Keep poning. I mean, I just love that guy, love everything about him. Yeah, love him too.
Speaker 2: And I love that as a nice supplemental key pounding drop for the show going forward. I also have Brandon Graham. I love I love teams hating each other. I love like division rivals, just like talking ish because they don't they have an opportunity to and they and they don't care if it's going to be offensive. Here's Brandon Graham announcing a pick in Detroit.
Speaker 10: Hey, hey, hey gee, oh hey, yes he goes And y'all already know all day Dallas sucks all day.
Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go. I like it. I always enjoy it. And Greg, you have one as well. I do.
Speaker 5: C J.
Speaker 4: Stroud uh is a revelation, incredible analysis on a like live first round reaction show for Bleacher Report was hosted by Adam Lefko, who I got a chance to meet once. Like great guy like CJ. Stroud seems like an incredible football analyst. He was breaking down like the Ricky Pierson pick, wishing why he had it and just explain all this stuff. But I especially liked when he was not afraid to confront another analyst on the desk there, which was Micah Parsons, talking about the best division in the league.
Speaker 9: Everyone's a playoff team, ANFC North was the best division in football. Washington was argued that Washington wasn't nothing, But what are you talking about? That meant the Giants Giants either, what are you talking about They lost to the Eagles.
Speaker 1: That's two years ago.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I'm saying going into it, Sam, you don't know what you're talking about. Going into last year, no one up planning except for Michael Parsons thought the NFC East was better than the ANFC North. You can't argue that.
Speaker 1: I can bro oh, I love it.
Speaker 4: And that was just like a snippet that went on for about a minute forty five and he just filayed him. And in Parsons defense, he was talking about like going into last season, but he was he was off base and that was on point.
Speaker 1: With all this stuff.
Speaker 4: You can tell how much that that guy knows ball and loves ball.
Speaker 3: Well, also thing also what I love about him is he Michael Parsons is an incredible player, but there was like absolutely zero willingness to play ball with his comments. And it's like Stroud reminds me of like my son Calton is like a huge soccer fan and a soccer player. And if you if you bring the wrong take or mention the wrong players, just like no dismissed. You're wrong, You're completely wrong, and it's just like I love it. So I totally think he was on point and like big loser the C two tests that a year ago, we're telling us that, you know, CJ. Stroud didn't have the acumen or the wherewith all to lead an NFL team.
Speaker 1: It's like seculator test. Well you it should be.
Speaker 2: Note I haven't heard much at all about that in this draft process so.
Speaker 4: Much a change to the C two test. It was the S two test. I believe, well S two I can't even remember, but you're right.
Speaker 1: I would come up one time this year. It's dead. It's dead. They took a dirt.
Speaker 2: Nap while we're on sun Corner here before we started recording. Today we have the Royals, the Double A Royals that my son plays on. I'm one of the coaches on the team and we were a little shorthanded getting warmed up, so I jogged over there. It's only a block away from the house, and thank you guys for bearing with me during that. So I got the team ready for the game, and then my son Harrison was starting on the mound, so I was like, all right, I gotta watch. I gotta watch the first half inning. And I don't know, I don't know where he gets it. I can't imagine where he gets like this maniacal competitive streak in him. But he struck out the side for starters, So good job by you, Harry in a big spot. But also the other team that we were playing, the Expos, who somehow the Expos are in this league, They're.
Speaker 1: Not the Nationals. The team was chanting.
Speaker 2: They were doing a chant from the imposing dugout that went Pitcher, Pitcher, look at me, I'm a monkey in a tree. And I kept on seeing Harrison kind of his eyes darting over. He didn't like that they were making doing that chant. And after he struck out the third batter, this is a memory that will stay with me forever. He walks off the mound, just staring at the dugout as the opposing team to the point where he starts just backpedaling back towards our dugout, staring at them at the striking out the side, no smile, dead eyed like like Max Scherzer like. It was an incredible moment that showed that he might be as nuts as his dad, and I love him for it. Shout out to Harry, my co coach, Jeff Grundel, and the rest of the staff. We are We've been fighting through it this year, but that was a nice moment. You shut that other team up. That's what I like.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's like a young Albert Bell in the making. That would be wonderful.
Speaker 1: I'm a big Bell. I'm a big celebrations guy. You know.
Speaker 4: I'm always loving the celebrations and it is fun. And I feel like Walker played his basketball game today. And there is a fine line of like when do you get too old to be Because if they hit like a couple of shots early, like some of the players you know in the eight ten ages, like oh, they're going to show the other team up. They're gonna do a little they're gonna do some celebration. They're gonna do some dancing. At some point that the other team is going. You know that other team might come come charge Jack, who knows at some point like you have to maybe die right back. But it's fun to watch little kids do that.
Speaker 2: I would not I would not pick against Jack, even if nine kids ran at him. If if he is fired up, he's got a he's got a wonderful temper on him. It's the one thing a difference between when we were eight, nine, ten and kids now they all know how to dance, right because they all like play Fortnite and stuff, and they have like they're all like Fred Astaire.
Speaker 1: Now, it's absurd.
Speaker 2: So I can imagine, especially in basketball, if you hit it an eighteen footer and you're ten, you're going to be doing something you completely elaborate. All right, doll, we turn our attention to the annual game of Chance Skill.
Speaker 1: Go get my lunch.
Speaker 2: Nothing, pitcher, Pitcher, Look at me, I'm a monkey in a tree.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. All right.
Speaker 2: This year we had some success, but as usual, not a not a ton overall. Let's start with Mark Sessler. Mark, you did not hit on a prop this year. Let's go through them. Eagles select Jeremiah Trotter Junior. And this is I feel like Mark, we tried to warn you on this, like they don't have to make it two parts. We can't give you credit for having half. This is not horseshoes, this is not hand grenades. Because you also added and the chargers select Blake Korum, who did go to Sofi Stadium but to the Rams.
Speaker 1: Well I did.
Speaker 3: I did, Like you know, I went in knowing this is hyper specific and that I would pay the price. I still felt I'm not saying it from a sandwich angle, but when Trotter went to the Eagle, I felt good about that because it was it came from instinct and also a little bit of, you know, listening to some whispers.
Speaker 1: So there you go. You deserve to be happy with yourself. That's good.
Speaker 2: You've done it two years in a row, Porter, last year Trotter. It's a thing, especially in like day three when teams are if they're kind of stuck between son of Franchise Legend and Joe Blow, they're probably gonna take the Legends, just smart thinking you just went too hard, you went too specific, But you know, maybe next year.
Speaker 4: You didn't know Sean McVay was gonna sweep in and annoyed Jim Harbor and annoy Kirien Williams's fantasy owners.
Speaker 2: Next year, the Cowboys select a quarterback within the first two rounds.
Speaker 1: This was saucy. We took you on it.
Speaker 2: They ended up taking what I believe a tackle and a defensive lineman.
Speaker 1: Was it. Yeah? Did they take a quarterback period? I don't think so. I don't believe so.
Speaker 4: I was kind of hoping they would be a spot for my guy Pratt in the later rounds.
Speaker 1: It didn't happen. You know, they got Trail their quarterback of the future. Oh my goodness. Let's see.
Speaker 2: They took Geiton the tackle out of Oklahoma, kneel in the edge, Cooper bbe guard.
Speaker 1: They did not take a quarterback. They didn't take a quarterback. All right, up next White a third one.
Speaker 10: There.
Speaker 2: I believe a major non sports related news story takes quote wholesale precedence close quote over the draft. There is a lot of There are a lot of important issues going on in the world right now, a lot of troubling stories out there. I believe the Republican presidential nominee is currently on trial, for instance, there's just stuff going on. But no, nothing seemed to pop up over the last three days.
Speaker 3: No, I think I might retire that personal flavor of like major news story overtakes what we're attempting to do with our work, because it doesn't seem to ever occur.
Speaker 4: It's gonna have one of these one of these years, and then you'll be you'll be sad you didn't.
Speaker 1: All right, Greg, So you went over three Greg four nine overall, according to go get my Lunch dot org. Yeah, with all the takes and non takes.
Speaker 2: Uh, you'd say Patriots select Drake May was this did you do this on Monday?
Speaker 1: Or is this an older one? We did it on Monday?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, No, but I mean this one I don't remember this. Oh yeah, that's you said you're gonna go straightforward with it. That was very chalky. In fact, only Mark took you on it. I did not take you. So you make one saying.
Speaker 4: Throughout the process he was plus money, like less than fifty to fifty to go. Third, people just thought, I don't know what they thought like that exactly to the Patriots, even as late as Monday. It's funny that that by the time we got to Wednesday. Then it was totally expected.
Speaker 3: Why did I take you on that one in my own mock draft, which I, you know, in theory, believed and had him going to the Patriots.
Speaker 1: Absurd. Yeah, that was a tough one. That's a bad beat.
Speaker 2: Also a bad beat the owner of the Cowboys letting every team in the league know, you better go get Jonathan Brooks because we're in love with him and we're going to take him in the second round to the draft. So the Cowboys select Jonathan Brooks with pick number fifty six. He went about ten picks before when the Panthers traded up. Your thinking was very sound to Greg. In fact, Jera's speech monologue, while misguided, makes you look good because it tells you that that's exactly what they're thinking. However, it costs you sangwiches and a big spot two sandwiches down.
Speaker 1: I think only.
Speaker 4: Two running backs got taken in the first three rounds, like that was Brooks mid two, Trey Benson went early three, and that was it to the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: And this one, Mark, We're gonna have to kind of just dissect this one a little bit because there's elements of it that are straightforward and we're all having fun.
Speaker 1: It's just a game.
Speaker 2: And then there's some more troubling aspects to this jers on Johnny Newton is selected within the first thirty one picks. That was a sandwich prop that Greg put out there. He really loved this defender, and Dan and Mark took him on it, and we were kind of caught off guard by.
Speaker 1: The Newton prediction.
Speaker 2: And here was an explanation from Ian Rappaport on Friday, why Newton fell out of the first round. Let's start here, which cost Greg the sandwiches.
Speaker 7: Johnny Newton considered by many to be a first round talent.
Speaker 1: So that does a guy like that follow the second round?
Speaker 7: Still dealing with the effects of a Joneses fracture at surgery in January.
Speaker 2: He's got any medical red flags? Got any off the field issues?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, Well wait a minute, though we talked, you mentioned the Jones fracture. You and I dug in on our laptops after we didn't remember we wanted to go do our own homework. I was after after that, and uh, what is the suggestion that we take this off the board?
Speaker 1: Maybe a plane fast and loose.
Speaker 2: What I'm trying to say is, first of all, it was a rain maker too, So you're costing people money and you're you're costing Susie braces. But you also threw out that prop and when we asked you if there were any medical red flags, you told us no. So you've fed us erroneous information. But I just want to say, like, that's that's a little bit dirty pool on top of everything else.
Speaker 1: I agree, but I fed you erroneous information that hurt me.
Speaker 4: I made it more likely that you wouldn't take it what I clearly was operating from a position of ignorance about his foot injury, or else I wouldn't have done the thing in the first place. I mean, you're you're correct to point out I was an idiot, but I was not being a devious idiot. I made I put myself in You think I would have gotten I think I would have gone that pick. I just watched the tape and I was like, this guy's a top ten pick.
Speaker 2: When Mark and I are trying to decide whether to take you on the idea of him going top thirty one, yeah, if he does have a red flag medically, yeah, that's gonna make Mark and I more confident that will take you on the wager. Yeah, so it did take him on it you almost only after Mark and I did some research on the fly. But if we would have as I typically do with what you say, Greg, by your word, we would have been caught sandwiches and we would have been misled. And I think there's something else going on here, potentially.
Speaker 3: The worst aspect to it is then you have to start to you know, dial back through time this in fact, this very episode, and wonder what Greg has said about anything. It's like, do we have to go do our own research on when he picks a winner or a loser? We have to, we should, but to go, you know, check those facts too, Greg.
Speaker 2: So it's a troubling this is Heiser SoSE stuff going on here.
Speaker 1: I mean, I own up to my mistakes. This was a space.
Speaker 4: I think I knew that at some point and somehow it was totally gone. I would not have put h you know, little Ali in uh Worcestershire, in England's Christmas gift on the line if I had known about that necessarily. But I still can't believe it. And in history's gonna prove me right. All the NFL teams are wrong. Johnny Newton's gonna have.
Speaker 1: A great career. How did you let this guy go?
Speaker 2: You finished six and six winnu factor in all the sanguages with one right. Finally, I almost had one of the all time sandwich weekends. Let's start with almost first round selection under I said, I thought it would be QBQBQB wide receiver, wide receiver, wide receiver tackle. It ended up being QBQBQB wide receiver tackle, wide receiver tackle. So was Jim Harbaugh.
Speaker 1: And then Chargers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one off not trading out of the pick, and then a team or not picking a wide receiver, or team trade again and taking a wide receiver.
Speaker 1: That ultimately cost me.
Speaker 2: So I got six out of seven, but I had to get them all, so I cost me two sangwiches.
Speaker 1: I had the Chiefs trade up for a wide receiver.
Speaker 2: They did, They indeed did do that and took an Xavier Worthy and that trade. In my mind I kind of saw I saw them moving up to you know, the middle of the first round, or even getting really bold and moving up into the top ten. But they only moved up a few spots. But it was within the realm of the wager and they went and they got their man. So I got two Sangwiches there. A Pro Bowl player Slash All Pro Slash All PFF team player is traded prior to midnight Friday, April twenty sixth, twenty twenty four. You know that the San Francisco forty nine ers stuff was very interesting, but I also I should have kept it open for the entire draft process. It wouldn't have mattered anyway, but nothing was done by the end of Night one, so I lost two Sangwiches. And then at the end of our Thursday podcast when we recapped Night one, I actually or excuse me, I had one extra one Detroit Drafts a player present at the draft. I said, there's no way, given the amount of people that were going to be there, the celebration that the Lions were going to, you know, throw it to someone's living room in Central Arkansas. And I was proven absolutely correct because they made who they picking that Arrian, Arnold, Terry and Arnold and he walked and the Lions fans went mad and we had a great moment for everyone there, and I got two Sanguiges there.
Speaker 3: That is an example of you know, people can pick apart what we get right or wrong here there, But that is an example of you having a hand on the pulse of not only the league, but how show business works and how you So this was the biggest crowd ever, live live crowd ever. Detroit can can own that, and there's no way you disappoint the biggest crowd ever. And you were absolutely correct about that in a well done that was.
Speaker 1: That was pretty savvy.
Speaker 4: And they needed a little luck for Arnold to drop down. I guess they could have taken Darius Robinson. My guess is by the time they and they traded up for that pick, I think there were only two players left him and Darius Robinson. But maybe maybe they just would have just for showman's sake, taken Robinson. No matter what, that that is an impressive two pack of ones you got right there, Dan, you are I went nine and four.
Speaker 1: You are the winner. I went the winner.
Speaker 4: You could have helped you out. There was one trade. Trades kind of were the loser. We talked so much about, yeah, trades leading up to the draft, and nothing happened. But your your Jets traded Jonathan Franklin Myers to the Broncos, Right, future six. So that was the only veteran trade I can think of.
Speaker 2: And Nick fourtier does awesome work on go get my Lunch dot org, which is a living document of the his three of this podcast in many ways has changed some of the layout to the all time standings and clarified it a bit. And I don't know if this standings are updated the all time standings, Greg, but I am now five games clear of you on the win column. Uh, two thirty five and two oh five all time fifty three point four one percent, your second fifty two point fifty five to one percent two thirty and two oh eight wes. Uh, And we miss Wes always, especially uh weekends like this.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: He finished one sixty three and one fifty five, so he finished fifty one point twenty six percent. And Mark, you are at one ninety six and two twenty five. You're sitting at forty six point five six percent.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, but I I think if we were to track why that's happening to me on some level, I always have to parse this, but I never took anyone on sandwiches early on in this and that's what that's bad strategy. That's on me and then some of mine are just, uh, you know you're shooting for the moon.
Speaker 1: Well, in this particular addition, you came in last.
Speaker 3: I think I've almost regularly come in last. And I think you'd have to question my overall team building and strategy. I'm not above that, and I'll just do this will be a nice roll call as we wrap up another season in a lot of ways of around the NFL that here are the guest pickers through the years. There by the way, Eric Roberts, who's correct, he's three and oh and etp and he doesn't want to pick because he doesn't want to mess with his perfect record.
Speaker 2: But he's not the only perfect record. Lakeisha Westling, the wonderful, beautiful Lakeisha, wife of Chris five.
Speaker 1: And oh all time? Did anybody know five in a lifetime?
Speaker 2: Here are the other names who have made sandwich props through the years, and people that go back all the way to twenty thirteen with us know all these names, Lakeisha Robins, Cynthia Freeland, Patra the Irishman, Connie Fox and even twenty five and twenty five all time the sandwich props Connor or Handsome Hank Kyle Brandt.
Speaker 1: Is three and three in the Sandwich Props.
Speaker 2: Claybahn td our original producer, Erica Tamposi, The gold Standard, Ali Purry's Own one Lifetime, Kevin Danger Hans This my Brother, Owen one lifetime, Spice, rack Zi Drizzle, Zach Dressler, I love Zach, the if you Know you Know, Brave Digger went Owen seven and Sidney Carlson the great iconic lassid oh and nine lifetime. We might have to get her out of Utah just to get one right, to get her out off the schne.
Speaker 4: I mean, oh and seven is in nine is somehow better than one in thirteen from the gold standard. One in thirteen is just a preposterous record. I had lunch with the gold Standard recently. Good guy, good buddy.
Speaker 1: Love that dude too.
Speaker 2: We've been very lucky to work with great people, Speaking of which you might have heard or read that Andrew Siciliano is no longer with NFL Media, which is a major loss for the company and whatever comes next for Andrew that company gets better. While our company didn't shout out to Andrew and hope to see him and Hermosa Beach in the near future. James Palmer also who's been on the show, and we he'll no longer be with the company, and bigger and brighter things ahead for him as well.
Speaker 1: It's been a long year.
Speaker 2: It's been at times a difficult year for NFL media, but those are two names we wanted to mention on the show because they were obviously huge contributors to what we did.
Speaker 3: I think also, like you're any fan out there has logged hours watching both of those gentlemen and Andrew on you know, every type of football show there is, all season long, and a lot of times you're wondering, like, who are these media people?
Speaker 1: Are they good people behind the scenes?
Speaker 3: So are they quality people or is it just all you know, the way the negative stories you hear, It's like, no, these Andrew Siciliano is one of the kindest, nicest people that's ever walked through our newsroom and literally knows everyone's name, talk to everyone, like, treats everyone equal. And James Palmer, who was often not in our newsroom, but whenever you'd see him at events, like the same goes for him, and it's like you're losing not just incredible professionals, but high quality people and they're not You can't just replace these people, you don't replace them, they're just they're not there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've watched a lot of NFL Network over the years.
Speaker 4: Rich Eisen obviously had the massive lead of just like hours logged on NFL Network for a decade. I bet Andrew passed them at some point. That Andrew Sicilliano has literally been on our air more than any person, I would guess. Ever, part of it is because of the name of our show. Remember we change from Around the League to Around the NFL to synchronize with the show that that Andrew is hosting Around the NFL, which which lasts a year or two, and then they kind of change the name to NFL Now. As it happens, we got our name. And he was so welcoming on that, and I told him this, and it's true, Like there's no one I respected more at the entire company in terms of the way he does his job and what a good job he does. And you heard that echoed from so many people. It's just an awesome host, just an awesome guy.
Speaker 2: All Right, Okay, so we'll be back Tuesday and Thursday. It's our Around the AFC and Around the NFC specials, and we'll hit obviously on every team, and where they look and how they stand as they come out of free agencies, and now they've come out of the draft, and they head into the off season and the programs.
Speaker 1: Then the wheel earns and turns and turns. Thank you everybody for listening. He's the call.