Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Master along with Emily Grafail. Let's get to some stocks on the move with us. To do that, Bloomberg News Equities reporter Avalon Pronell She is right here in studio. We're going to get to maybe some chip names or a chip name in just a moment. But let's talk about you've got some decliners in today's session.
Speaker 3: Yes, we have to start off with O'Reilly. That's ticker O r l Y currently slipping.
Speaker 1: And if we're lucky, Emily will hum the two.
Speaker 4: Thus little jingle will not a doable potion continue all right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm Hyley. Yes, those shares are slipping right about six point one percent today, most in today since twenty twenty five. And that's after Bloomberg reported just last week that the firm has express interest in acquiring Genuine Parts Auto Parts unit, which for those unfamiliar is NAPA Auto. And to say the least, Wall Street analysts are very mixed about this, Miszoo hosts saying that they see a very low likelihood that O'Reilly would be willing to take all of the NAPA auto parts business and also the international portfolio, just given the differences in their distribution networks. Still, this is making O'Reilly one of the worst performers today.
Speaker 4: Kind of rough their description Carol on the Bloomberg es page. The company sells its products to do it yourself customers. I don't know if I would ever DIY a car, but I guess some people care for me.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: I was having a conversation over the weekend my dad, Like he used to work on his cars, Like that's just what people did, Like you worked on things. He taught us all how to check our oil, like keep track of our mileage, like we used to have to record things. So like people did that. Cars used to rust out too. They don't really rust out anymore, but there are people who do that. So just Dad's dad's exact.
Speaker 4: It's called call dad.
Speaker 1: It's called dad.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Let's get to another decliner.
Speaker 3: Tickers AMC Yes, AMC. Entertainment currently dropping about eight point two percent, and that's after box office sales for Minions and Monsters posted a weaker than expected numbers over Independence Day weekend. To be fair, this is the seventh film in this franchise.
Speaker 1: To be fair, it was so hot. I heard so many people going to the theaters because they wanted air.
Speaker 3: Conditioning, which is exactly what I thought as well, Like b Riley actually writing that the franchise fatigue and also competition from Toy Story five is really behind why all these movie theaters are just following a little bit lower as Independence Day sales just wasn't as good as expected.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the seventh minions? You said? I have not.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the seventh? No?
Speaker 3: Not sure if I've seen the six either. To be honest, though, yeah.
Speaker 4: I've seen. If I just can't, I'm sorry about that. I don't know when to stop. Okay, let's finish on a chip name a stock really moving the market today, Avalon, Yes, that.
Speaker 3: Is Broadcom ticker Avgo currently up about four point three percent most injurday and nearly month, and that's after the chip maker agreed to develop and supply a range of custom chips to Apple. This is expanding their partnership through twenty thirty one, and Bloomberg Intelligence writing that this deal is also really helping to extend visibility on Broadcome's non AI customer base.
Speaker 1: There's nothing like working with Apple. I mean, they've been working together for a long time, but right you see something and I feel like you get kind of once again, the Apple Seal of Approval.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.