Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report, the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveeck Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the S and P five hundred in terms of the split winners and losers in the Friday trade, and you did see. Let me bring it up. One hundred and eighty three names in the S and P five hundred actually gaining ground today, Katie, three hundred and eighteen to the downside, and two unchanged.
Speaker 4: Let's take a look at the sector breakdown as well, a real mix here. In terms of what did well at the top in terms of a percent game, you had materials out performing higher by about nine tens of percent as a sector. You can see Tech represented there as well. Consumer discretionary did well. In terms of what didn't perform on this Friday, your biggest loser was the finals down by about one point three percent. Industrials to sort of at the end of the pack here, Carol.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get to some of the individual gainers, if we may. On this Friday. Fortnete ticker FTNT top of the S and P five hundred and NASDAQ one hundred. That one up about five point two percent today's session, as high as nine point five percent intra day, but still some outperformance. They are rallying on heavy volume after TD Cowen upgraded the security software company to buy from hold. They said AI is not eating security software, but rather augmenting it. Among some of the commentary, price targets set to one hundred dollars, so we're looking at about a twenty nine percent increase from the last price that you can see the stock closing at about eighty one and change. Let's move it on over to CSX as we know, reporting its results and that one up about two point three percent in today's session at its highs again was up as much as five percent, so finishing off its best levels of the session. The company gave twenty twenty six guide, including low single digit revenue growth. Analysts though on the company's results, saying that CSX still facing a challenging environment amid tippit industrial activity. JP Morgan says the forecast should be enough for the stock to recover from some of the decline that we saw on Thursday. CSX was down two percent in yesterday's trade, and then on an airline Alaska Air again up almost seven percent at its highs today, finishing those still with a gain above four percent. It did beat Wall Street's expectations, reported strong demand for premium and business flying, though it joined larger rivals, and offering a more tepid outlook for twenty twenty six. Airline execs offering a wider than usual profit range for the year and telling Alyss that the carrier remains at the mercy of volatile fuel prices and potential global shocks after a whipsaw twenty twenty five. I feel like geopolitics and concerns around the globe continue to creep their way into commentary among the CEO community.
Speaker 5: You got the gainers, I got the decliners. I want to start with Intel. It's kind of yesterday's news, but look at this. It was the most actively traded stock by far today in US in the US on A US exchanges, falling seventeen percent. Did plunge as much as eighteen percent earlier in the session. Litbutan, the CEO, gave this lackluster forecast, warning that the company was struggling with manufacturing problems. We're single day going back to August of twenty twenty four, still up twenty two percent so far this year, up one hundred and twenty percent last year, but low manufacturing yields years trying to restore its tech edge recover from market share losses. It's a setback for the US government too. It's trying to rebuild a vibrant domestic semiconductor industry and has made into a cornerstone of that strategy. Also, keep an eye on shares at Apple ahead of earnings next week. Shares slipped slightly today, but more so interested in what happened over this week. Down about three percent this week, it's its eighth straight negative week, longest stretch going back to May of twenty twenty two. It's been down about twelve percent over the last eight weeks. And should Apple ex it's losing streak next week to a ninth week, this would be its longest streak going back to July nineteen ninety three. That's according to data compiled by Bloomberg. So we'll see what happens next.
Speaker 1: What you're actually looking for out of those earnings, So, like, I mean, what could even be the bull side catalyst.
Speaker 5: We talked to Mark German about this. I mean, obviously everything is about the iPhone still, but given all the concern about Apple's AI strategy and what Mark has reported this week, when it comes to that revamp, SERI he wants to see, you know, action there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see, We'll see.
Speaker 5: And this is an interesting one. Syringe makers actually had a pretty bad day.
Speaker 1: I got my eye. I love these stuck of stories.
Speaker 5: This is really cool.
Speaker 1: I've been paying attention to this.
Speaker 5: Becden Dixon BDX. West Pharmaceutical Service is WST. Beckton Dixon down two percent. West Pharmaceuticals down four and a half percent. They fell because analysts are so positive about the launch of Novo Nordisk's oral we go Be medication. Check out what JP Morgan analyst Robbie Marcus says. He says bullish comments from Novo on the ramp of its oral we gob pill has led to fears of cannibalization from the traditional injectable market. So if people aren't injecting the medicine, they're taking pills, that means fewer syringes and the stocks take ahead.
Speaker 3: It's just logical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I was just fascinated. I mean, it's funny sometimes you don't think about kind of these kind of ancilliary beneficiaries of these rallies. You know, the idea, everyone's on ozempic or whatever, I will go be whatever they need the syringes, so that benefits the syringe makers. And if they all switch the pills, then what won't someone think of Becton Dickinson. Let's go to the yield space, because honestly, not a whole lot happened today. And this actually gets to something Katie and I were just talking about a little bit earlier on the close, the idea that if you just woke up today and kind of looked at some of these markets, you wouldn't think that a whole lot actually happened this week. But of course we had one of the biggest spikes in bond volatility to start the week. It settled down pretty significantly yesterday and subdued today. Here modest and I mean really really modest declines today unyields across the space. Of course, that could change in a big way with some key economic data next week. A FED meeting on Wednesday, and as Carol Master believes, a potential FED announcement out of the president.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now that's kind of where you're coming from. We'll see what we get. What we get because we've been promised that announcement, but eventually he's got to come and do that.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.