Speaker 1: All I want to do is sleep. It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: Before we check in with Katie in the state of our pregnancy. I need to finish up my story.
Speaker 3: About being in assault mine on vacation. That thought Katie was describing my lifestyle. All I want to sleep hasn't been a moment in my life. I haven't wanted to lie down.
Speaker 2: So my kids and I toured a salt mine on vacation. There's a salt mine in the middle of Kansas. And if you're a film buff, you know this because this is where all the ancient, old, well known films are stored, like The Wizard of Oz, et cetera. Because way down in the salt mine, temperature controlled, humidity controlled, nothing decays, it doesn't deteriorate. That had a newspaper down there, a copy of the New York Times from the day after Lincoln was shot, and it was looking like looking at a newspaper from that day, Oh my god, you would have to go to settle the trouble to preserve that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know elsewhere on earth. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there's all kinds of stuff down there, movie memorabilia like Batman uniforms and stuff like that, just stuff that they store so it won't decay. One thing I did learn about the salt mine that they opened up in nineteen twenty is you didn't want to work in a salt mine back in the twenties and thirties. Oh my god, that looked like a hard job down there in the pitch black except for your candles, hoping the thing didn't cave in on you. Right, that's funny. We were taking this tour and this guy was driving us around and the little train down there in these dark, dark, long tunnels in the salt mine, and then he's showing how the roof SAgs sometimes and sometimes the sag can break through and crush people. It was always I worry he said that one's sagging like Madonna?
Speaker 3: What appropriate?
Speaker 2: Whaty line from a tour?
Speaker 3: Guys in appropriate? AnyWho?
Speaker 2: I wanted to mention this because everything stays preserved down there. And I mentioned on the radio show all the garbage, anything that goes down in the mind stays in the mine. It's just too cost and effective to bring anything out of the mine other than you're losing money if you take anything out of the mind other than salt. So anything that goes down there stays down there. Any bit of garbage over the last one hundred and five years is still down there, and it's perfectly preserved because of the you know, as I described, with the humidity and whatnot. So there's all kinds of like really old like from the thirties, cigarette containers or whatever, or toilet paper from people who'd pooped one hundred years ago.
Speaker 3: A useful, invaluable historical lartifacts.
Speaker 2: But here's something I didn't know. So they started they originally they took donkeys down in the mind to try to help with the work, but they would go blind right away. And they found out human beings are this way too. If you aren't using your corneas and everything that you need to know, you've gotten your eyeball you need to use for light. If you don't use them at all for like three days, you go blind. That's how that's how quick the atrophy. Wow, isn't that something I'd never heard of that before? Terrifying it is, so anyway, the donkeys will blind, and then they kept argument and then they died down there because everything that goes into mind stays the mind. So there are dead donkeys around this, many hundreds of miles of minds various places, and they would be perfectly intact, like the wind they died.
Speaker 3: What like, are they still the same shape or are they like skinny located?
Speaker 2: No, they would look exactly the same. You got a ninety year old dead burrel there.
Speaker 3: The hell is amazing.
Speaker 2: I know, it's quite something. Anyway, that's the end of my down and assault my knowledge having to to dead donkeys.
Speaker 3: I mean, so like their internal uh you know, uh bacteria. Don't know. If you went up and like put your hand on it, it would just like turn to dust. But it looks exactly the same as when it died. Wow, yeah, I know in other dead donkey news, Wait, no, there is no other dead donkeys now.
Speaker 2: And then strangest transition ever to how Katie's pregnancy is going. Katie is pregnant. Yeah, case you didn't know, and we know who the father is to your husband, we do.
Speaker 3: Wow, Dad was inappropriate, It really was.
Speaker 2: I'm just fringing everybody else.
Speaker 1: Was never a question?
Speaker 2: Was enough of the air at any point?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: But so, how how is being pregnant? He said? You want to sleep all the time?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I have never been this tired. In my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And.
Speaker 4: So I finally made the I guess the announcement on my social media the other day. And boy did I think I was getting opinions beforehand? Oh boy, oh the just wait and all that. But I had an interesting interaction with someone who would not get off me about telling them what his name's going to be. And yeah, and that's something that I'm going to keep until he's here, just because.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't want to hear it what some.
Speaker 2: People do and some people don't. But if somebody if I said, what are you gonna name them? And they say we're gonna hold on to that, you.
Speaker 3: Just say, okay, you don't like pride, Oh, unless you're a piece of crap is a human being.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: They just kept going on and on about oh, well this happened when I was naming my kid, and and so one of the things that she did, she went, well, I can just tell you that one of the names that I thought was awful was and she said a name, and so I wrote her back and I was like, that's the name that we chose, a perfect And I just waited a few seconds and I could see, you know, you see the little type bubble coming in and I finally hit her with that.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding, that wasn't it.
Speaker 4: But I just felt like making her just sheer pants for just a couple of seconds.
Speaker 2: Indeed, Yeah, what an interesting personality quirk. Somebody tells you we're not going to announce the name until the baby's born.
Speaker 3: Come on, tell me and this tech.
Speaker 4: This text thread went on for much longer than it should. I should have just stopped responding. If you know I we're going to do the right thing. But it went on for an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: Good lord, how close are we in this scenarios?
Speaker 1: Relatively close?
Speaker 4: Okay, might be putting up the wall a little bit from from that experience though.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean friend points there.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, you're gonna You're gonna stick with the name regardless. I know some people pick multiple names and then depend on what the baby looks like.
Speaker 4: No, we we have landed on a name for him, and then when we plan to have our second one in a couple of years, we have her name as well.
Speaker 2: You don't look like a Brandon, you look like an Aiden. You're Aiden.
Speaker 3: Well that's funny. Good for you approaching in any way. You want. I think we kept our our options open until it was time to do the name, and we had a you know, a couple of things kicking around, ideas, and just we waited till it was baby time, and I was like, yeah, that's the one, but you know, teach their own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we've we've got. I just I just wanted to get it out of the way.
Speaker 4: And like we we were talking about it back in fourth and then when we landed on one and we both went ooh, I like that, like perfect, let's just leave it there.
Speaker 2: You know, my son and I got on this conversation the other day about names. I'm amazed more people don't change their names.
Speaker 3: Because it's so cheap.
Speaker 2: It like it. It doesn't cost hardly anything to change your name. You'd think you'd think more people would decide I don't want to be Jack or whatever and would change their name to something they like better. But almost nobody does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is funny, because especially kids are all about eye and I don't like my name. I wish I wasn't, you know whatever, right, Yeah, it's funny. It'd be a pain in the ass, I think, you know, running into paperwork difficulties and fill out forms and stuff like that. Maybe that's it. There's paperwork involved. It's not the cost, it's the forms.
Speaker 4: You got to change your email probably and all your doctor descriptions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd changed my name to Bob.
Speaker 3: You could spell it forwards and backwards the same and a good point a lot of fund kick ass. That would be what I go with. Now, some states you got to get approval for it, and in your more metalsome states it would probably say no, no captain, and I would spell it c a p apostrophe and captain kick ass.
Speaker 2: Cat be pretty good.
Speaker 3: Captain.
Speaker 2: Everybody has to call me captain.
Speaker 3: Uh you gonna tell us the name?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, No, I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you guys off the podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack, Joe, Mike, Mike is Jack. I don't want to know.
Speaker 3: I want your options open.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'd be invading your space if I.
Speaker 3: Know you guys.
Speaker 1: I talked to you guys, more than I talk to anybody else in my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's sad, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that one of your Brandon aiden you know?
Speaker 1: No, they're both. They're both Irish names, Okay, Irish, I guess I am Irish and so is Drew.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Chauncey. Chauncey is Chauncy Irish.
Speaker 3: H it's certainly uh uk Ish British.
Speaker 1: Isle Zi, Yeah, it's not Chauncey.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Seamus, No, it's not Seamous. I like, uh, it's got shame in it. You can't go with it. Although I've known a couple of Seamuses in my life, they've been lovely fellas.
Speaker 2: I know, I've only known one and he should have been ashamed.
Speaker 3: Oh really interesting.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah about McGregor Gonor, No, it's not McGregor.
Speaker 2: We'll just keep guessing Irish names for like another forty minutes.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think you guys will guess it. And also, I'm one of the other reasons.
Speaker 4: I was really happy about it is that Drew and I both don't know anybody with this name.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, just beware.
Speaker 3: This is why you keep your options open. Judy and I seriously had never heard of any girl named Caitlin when we normed, when we named Kate and then subsequently became one of the most popular names you know in the country for a long time, to the point that I think she at times she had two or three in each class. Yeah, ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I'm a Caitlin and that's that is acting.
Speaker 2: That's right? Yeah, yeah, yeah, And you know he can't win with kids because I was always the only in every class I was in, there was never another Jack, and I hated that. It seemed weird that I was the only one. And then there's kids that were two Mics and four Steves and everything like that. They hated that that so there's no winning.
Speaker 3: Yeah. How do you feel about if like your your your husband's mostly Italian, American whatever. I got a little Greek in there, and you're from wherever else but not England, not Ireland, not the British, and you go with Caitlin, which is the Irish form of Catherine. That that shouldn't be allowed. You shouldn't be able to get just seize a name unless you have credentials.
Speaker 2: Really, you know what I mean? If you don't have any Irish you don't think you should be able to name your kid Caitlyn.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, that's out it bounds Hull.
Speaker 1: Get your own names, Get your own names.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Don't you be trespassing on my ethnicity snatching up our groovy names? Huh?
Speaker 2: Never thought about that before.
Speaker 1: Name appropriation.
Speaker 2: We yeah, exactly, name appropriation. Well, I'm glad I didn't accidentally do it.
Speaker 3: Here's a little Irish name trivia because it always annoys me. The paddy wagon is not the paddy wagon. It's the pad d wagon with d's And it's not short for Patrick Patrick. It's short for padrig p A d r A I G. The paddy wagon a slur against my people. And if you want a drunk punch in the face, you'll keep saying paddy wagon.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's facts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, take that, you bigots. Hey Katie, have you had any weird food cravings that happened my sister, my mom? I have.
Speaker 4: I cannot stop eating salt and vinegar chips and I I see Sultan vinegar.
Speaker 1: I actually funny story.
Speaker 4: I went to the store the other day to pick up some stuff for my mom and dad, and I got the things, and then I also went down the chip aisle and bought four bags of salt and vinegar chips plus a Pringles container because I had other errands to run and didn't want to open a bag. But I knew that the Pringles container would fit in my cup holder in my car.
Speaker 3: It's just in your cup holder chip holders. Awesome. Yeah, that's just good thinking. Well, you don't want to run out in inclement weather or something like that.
Speaker 4: So smart to stock up now, people there. That would be dangerous for other people if I ran out on a.
Speaker 2: Chocole bell kick when she was pregnant. What some particular thing at Taco Bell that she just couldn't get enough of?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's it's those salt and vinegar chips and then fro yo frozen yogurt.
Speaker 1: I can't stop eating.
Speaker 2: Well, you're eating for two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's everything is Yeah, the thing the things the woman bought, the woman's body can do, Yes, amazing.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of showing. But where I'm really showing.
Speaker 4: Or the girls, like I've had to buy like new over the shoulder boulder holder and whatnot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the boob fairies come to visit.
Speaker 2: I do not want to hear another about this. Well, I guess that's it.