Speaker 1: The second date of Brooke. I don't know how you feel about meeting guys at the gym?
Speaker 2: The gym?
Speaker 1: Are you worried about that? Because it's usually like pretty loud in there and you're sweating. And we know, Brooke that you don't wear deodorant, at least not deodorants that work. You like to do that organic stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how else do you send your pheromones out over the world?
Speaker 4: Debris?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Howt gy deterrent?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: What that smell is when I go in the gym? I don't know. It might not be the cutest look sometimes, but that's where one of our listeners, Vanessa, says she ended up meeting a guy over at her local gym and it seems to work out okay for her until I didn't.
Speaker 4: Maybe I deodorant brands maybe?
Speaker 1: And what type of deodorant do you use?
Speaker 6: I'm a dove girl, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Is that okay for you? Brooke?
Speaker 4: I like to go a little more natural.
Speaker 1: Maybe just try uses like mayonnaise and lemon juice, unless unless it's an actual dove, a live duve. The dove is dad, It's time to change it out, all right? Well? Thank you for the recommendation on the deodorant. But let's focus on your love life here. Tell us about the guy that you met when you were at the gym totally.
Speaker 6: So, I was working out the other day, you know, across the room, I kind of saw this guy. He was cute, of course, in really good shape, and I kept glancing, but I was trying not to make it obvious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it could be so awkward if you get caught stary. Yeah, yeah, no matter what you're a guy or I mean, nobody really likes that at the gym, or do they.
Speaker 6: I mean, some people are checking themselves out the whole time.
Speaker 5: It's like.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's kind of like a confidence boost to notice somebody glancing at you.
Speaker 4: But sure, how did you get his attention?
Speaker 6: Well, it wasn't on purpose that we kind of like locked eyes through the mirror, you know. Yeah, So in order to make it up be super awkward since he knew now I was looking at him, I went over and I asked if he would spot me to decent squads.
Speaker 4: Oh that's nice, that's forward.
Speaker 2: That shod the gips risky because you can't tell this single or not.
Speaker 4: Sometimes, but if you're just asking for a.
Speaker 1: Spot You're just asking. Did you get this guy's name during this whole encounter?
Speaker 6: Yeah, his name is Alex.
Speaker 4: Okay, and how did the spotting go?
Speaker 6: Really well, like he was supporting me and encouraging and just super nice and sweet.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. So you were able to turn that into something else.
Speaker 6: Well, yes, So the rest of the workouts, we kind of were just like near each other doing our own thing, and then we kind of finished around the same time. So when we were leaving, he asked if I wanted to go across the street and get some coffee.
Speaker 7: Oh cute, Yeah, And I didn't have plans, so we went and got some coffee and it just felt so like natural and comfortable, like.
Speaker 3: And it's so awesome to have like an impromptu date on that because no one can cancel.
Speaker 4: You know, like there's no lead up, it's just happening.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What did you guys connect over besides working out?
Speaker 6: Well, like our jobs are somewhat similar. We talked about family. I mean yeah, we talked about everything.
Speaker 2: Really, how long did you hang out?
Speaker 1: No one cares about any of that. Let's move on. Yeah, what happened after coffee was at the end of it.
Speaker 6: It was not. So it was like a super nice day out and I feel like neither of us wanted it to end. So we ended up going to the park and like walking around.
Speaker 4: Yes, sometime we just lay down.
Speaker 1: You guys are in both in good shape at least.
Speaker 4: But this time you're like dried, sweaty, you.
Speaker 1: Know, a good point. Was there anything weird that was happening during this encounter, like a coffee or at the park?
Speaker 6: No, the park was actually so fun. We were walking and I mentioned how I also do yoga, and I ended up showing them some byoga posures in the park.
Speaker 3: You guys are that fit couple in the park fandecks looking great doing yoga poses?
Speaker 1: Oh god?
Speaker 2: Did he like that?
Speaker 6: She seemed to, because then we kind of finished our walk around the park and he was like, I'm kind of a coffee addict. Do you want to go get another coffee?
Speaker 3: I mean, do you think at this point you should have like bowed out, like like the momentum is good, that's when you leave leave them wanting more.
Speaker 6: But we had more momentum.
Speaker 1: Class feel like he's going to be like, you want to go back to the gym now?
Speaker 4: Because he's just not very creative.
Speaker 3: Like coffee park, How was second coffee also amazing?
Speaker 1: Seeing a pattern here? Okay, you want to go look into some mirror or is he still there with you?
Speaker 6: I mean I hate to just put this out on the radio, but I ended up staying the night. Whoa, yeah, I mean there was some food, there was some shower. I couldn't have like subsided totally on just coffee alone.
Speaker 4: And I bet you guys stayed up late. After all that coffee.
Speaker 6: Everything stayed awesome, Like he was really sweet. The next morning he walked me out. We ended up walking down the street to Starbucks and had our morning coffee together.
Speaker 1: God okay, and so was that the end of the day. Yes, it was like a whole relationship.
Speaker 6: We did a whole week's worth in one.
Speaker 3: Day, and you haven't heard anything exactly.
Speaker 6: This is why now I have to call you. It's been a few days. Suddenly you were cold, so like, I literally know nothing.
Speaker 1: This is a good thing. Sometimes one date it can turn into a whole weekend. You know, it's a good thing. If you were both on the same page. Who were we to say this is bad? But sometimes hanging out too much that's like the kiss of death. Yeah, yeah, let's find out. Sit tight, we'll come back. We'll call Alex for you and try and get you your second date update right after this. Okay update, it's a date that started off amazing. They locked eyes across a crowded Jim, had an instant vibe going, decided to hang out. Okay, But fourteen hours and two hundred cups of coffee later, they're not speaking to each other anymore. Yeah, our listener, Vanessa doesn't blame Brook for that.
Speaker 2: Good Why was she?
Speaker 1: I do what? I don't know? It just feels right, Okay, But we don't know what the reason is actually for why her date Alex isn't calling her back.
Speaker 4: Maybe he just hasn't had his coffee yet, you know, maybe.
Speaker 1: He's finally asleep after seven days.
Speaker 4: You made a caffee and coma. Maybe possibly.
Speaker 1: But it is odd because she ended up spending the night over at Alex's place.
Speaker 3: And they went to coffee afterwards. Like usually, if it's going to be weird and awkward, there's a reason that you have to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we have a mystery on our hands. We're going to get to the bottom of it. How are you feeling here, Vanessa? Do you need some coffee?
Speaker 6: No? I am good, I'm confident. I'm ready for you guys to help.
Speaker 4: What do you think it is? Just any guesses before we call?
Speaker 6: No, I really had so much fun. I just don't even know. I'm wondering what.
Speaker 4: Her coffee order is?
Speaker 1: Is it weird? Guys?
Speaker 2: She stayed the night and he took her out to coffee again this morning?
Speaker 1: Oh big spoon.
Speaker 4: Maybe he wanted to be stick.
Speaker 1: Jokes. But we're gonna on that note. Call Alex for you and try and get your second date update. Okay, okay, that's two. I think here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Alex?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: This is Alan?
Speaker 1: Alan?
Speaker 4: Do you know Alex?
Speaker 5: No? This is Alan. I'm pretty sure I know my name.
Speaker 1: I don't know the radio show calling him? You didn't have a roommate named Alex or something or someone who shares this photel?
Speaker 5: No? Who is this?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 5: Going on?
Speaker 1: You were a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Can we get the name wrong?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Repeated it's one of our listeners. Is a girl that says that she went on a date with you? Did you go out with someone recently that you met at a jim.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure I know you're talking about Vanessa.
Speaker 1: Uh huh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh no, did she get your name wrong?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, the day was going great, but she just kept calling me all these different names. She called me Andrew, she called me Andy who, she called me Alan at one point, she got my name right at one point. Yeah, then she called me Aaron like a second later.
Speaker 2: I don't get it though.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're mad at her, but I mean, this is the woman that stayed the night at your.
Speaker 4: House, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean it was crazy, like I kept taking us to Starbucks because they would call my name out like it was I was trying to get her on.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh.
Speaker 1: She mentioned going to the coffee shop a bunch of times during your day, but she said it's because you were a coffee addict. That's what you told her.
Speaker 5: I was just trying to be subtle and that this is my name, Like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, so you're going.
Speaker 3: Taking her so that the Barissa would call out your name Alan.
Speaker 5: They're yelling my name over it all.
Speaker 4: That is so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you tell me why weren't you just more direct or like I did.
Speaker 5: I did correct her, but the second time of correcting her, I just thought Starbucks would fix it right.
Speaker 2: But you corrected her twice.
Speaker 3: Of course, what did she say when you told her that's not my name, my name's Alan.
Speaker 5: She just smiled and said okay, she wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Hearts in her eyes looking at him like whatever you say.
Speaker 5: I was ready to suggest, like tattoos, that we could get out each of our names.
Speaker 1: But I'm willing to bet that if we talked to her randomly right now, that she would get your name right. And we should put it to the test, because she's randomly on the phone right now, listening and wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Alan, Hi, Hi, I don't really know what to say.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, I'm so embarrassed. I listen to your whole thing. I just kind of have a bad memory sometimes, like if I'm wrapped up in the moment, I don't pay attention to the details.
Speaker 1: Oh you're just awful with name. I get that for a moment, but for a fourteen hour day, that's it's a little longer than a moment.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: Details is like what color shirt he's wearing, not what his name.
Speaker 6: Is, but like just because we're in Starbucks. I mean, I'm not like staring at his cups to see what was written. Or we're talking having fun. I'm not listening to hear what his name is when they call it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're still waiting for that that. I'm sorry for getting your name. You want to throw that in there, that's.
Speaker 6: Okay, Alan, I'm so sorry. I feel foolish. I was having so much fun though.
Speaker 5: Look, I I don't know what to tell you. I mean, it was just very awkward. You could remember. I don't know why. Why can't you remember my name? Why is it so hard?
Speaker 6: Alan is a pretty common name, Like it doesn't stand out.
Speaker 5: You know, it's my fault.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying it's your fault. I mean maybe you can blame whoever named you a little bit. They could have been a little more creative.
Speaker 1: Alan. Is it your mom or your dad that you should assign? Blame your grandfather?
Speaker 3: He's gonna there's no way you're an Alan without being a junior or a second or something.
Speaker 6: It's like I would have remembered it better if you were like Felix or bud like just something that really kind of stands out.
Speaker 4: But wait, spud like a nickname like a potato, like.
Speaker 6: A tater see, you remember you can do that association and stand out.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, I mean that could be a positive.
Speaker 3: Maybe you could come up with a cute pet name for him and then you never have to call him Allan, call him bean like coffy Bean.
Speaker 5: My name is Alan. I just like to be called that, I mean, but it's not working for you.
Speaker 3: Is my uncle's name was Alan and he went by Land like the second half of Alan.
Speaker 4: I think that's kind of cool.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you could go like a train or something like that, A to the double l A.
Speaker 5: I don't like any of these ideas. I'll give you this right. If you can spell my name right now, then I will go out with you again.
Speaker 1: Oh is that a challenge to Vanessa? It's a good point, Like at this point she's seen it written out three times at three different starbuck doors.
Speaker 4: I mean, and all you can really screw up is the LS on this one.
Speaker 6: I don't know nowadays, as long as to spell your name, like I said, I wasn't staring at the coffee cuffs the whole time. I was steering at you.
Speaker 3: Maybe if she could just tell you what your eye color is, it could prove that she really was paying attention.
Speaker 5: We're not changing the test. You have to spell my name, okay.
Speaker 1: Well, this a good opportunity for you, Vanessa. If you get his name spelled correctly, then we will send you guys out on a day and pay for Do.
Speaker 2: We have one of those like game show timers to put.
Speaker 1: On, Yeah, Jeopardy. Just go with your if you're gonna spell it, if it's meant to be.
Speaker 4: This is like the best spelling beach championship ever.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, be bread. I'm gonna go with a L, L.
Speaker 2: A N one when there's.
Speaker 4: An A, but the with an E?
Speaker 1: Was it right?
Speaker 5: No, there's only one L.
Speaker 6: Well, you said I was cute and you had a good time. We cannot ruin the whole thing just based on this mistake I'm making.
Speaker 1: She does have a point other than that there was nothing crazy that happened, right.
Speaker 2: There's pretty crazy, like crazy good.
Speaker 3: I mean, you liked her so much, you gave her one last shot at the coffee shop.
Speaker 5: I'm crinkled by got the test? Okay, I'll give you one more shot, one more chance to spell it.
Speaker 1: You just told Okay, yeah, well this should be easy.
Speaker 5: To go ahead the lay up right now.
Speaker 6: I was really listening to how you spelled it in the end, I was just listening to your voice.
Speaker 1: It spell it different than you did the first time.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll change from what I did. I'm going to go with a L L E.
Speaker 2: N Oh, literally, that's actually worse.
Speaker 6: I got it wrong again. How is it even possible?
Speaker 5: Al?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jeffrey in the morning. Man, if I had a nickel for every second date that didn't happen because somebody failed a spelling test live, that's like what the sixth or seventh time that that's happened, that job.
Speaker 4: I'm terrible at names.
Speaker 2: Oh but how how is that even possible?
Speaker 1: You how to spell it? Alan is such a rare, exotic name. I doubt anybody could spell and right. Even Alan himself probably messes it up on his own taxi.
Speaker 4: You think that maybe he spelled it wrong?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Four?
Speaker 1: Or yeah, let's blame him, Jeffy, everybody else did?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No second date, And honestly, I don't think anybody was that sad about it.
Speaker 3: I like how jose didn't think that not knowing his name was a big red.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Did you know from one tiny thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Laugh, that was funny. But yeah, no date for them doesn't mean we can't get a date for you though. If you ever want to email the show, we'll call the person who wasn't calling you back. You could check out all of our podcasts up wherever you get yours A Brook
Speaker 4: J Brook, and Jeffrey in the Morning