Speaker 1: First date of follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocuslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Chloe is on the phone today for a first day follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Ethan. So in a little bit we'll call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her another date if she still wants one. But first, Chloe, how long has it been since you heard from Ethan?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: My gosh, it's been two weeks.
Speaker 3: And I, you know, I'm just so nervous about it because I really liked him. He was such a great guy, and I I'm hoping I didn't overdo it, but I keep playing this in my head because everything went so well.
Speaker 5: Tell us about the date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't expecting anything on this date, but even came like a gentleman.
Speaker 4: He showed a lot of chivalry. He was just it was just like so.
Speaker 3: Refreshing because it was just like out of an indie movie. I mean, we went to a Vimtage bookstore and then I was like, oh good, he can run, you know, he's very articulate. We grabbed some coffee and then we played cards in a quiet park I mean it was a dream. And then you know, we didn't even we didn't even finish the card game because we got a little distracted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so basically we had a.
Speaker 3: Major makeout sashion under the tree, and he was just like the best kisser ever. I mean, uh, it was just like we were made.
Speaker 4: For each other.
Speaker 3: So this is why it's really confusing, because my god, it just felt so electrificing.
Speaker 4: And so that's why I'm super confused.
Speaker 3: I mean, he made me laugh, and he made me he was listening to me. I felt seen, I felt so respected, like he was just very polite but also very sexy and handsome, and I was in disbelief that this is a guy that I'm dating.
Speaker 4: But he was also into me, at least that's what it felt like.
Speaker 3: And so I had text him like two or three times, you know, trying to spare it out because I don't want to be that girl who's constantly stocking him.
Speaker 4: But at the same time.
Speaker 3: It's been two weeks and I just don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: I want to text him again.
Speaker 3: I'll admit that I text him this morning because he's like been on my brain and so when I see something funny. I want to like share it with him, and so I text him this meme because I knew he would like it. And so I just need a little help on like why or figuring out why I'm haven't hear from him. I'm assuming he's busy, but it's been two weeks and I don't think that he could be that busy.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping.
Speaker 3: I hope he's okay. That's the other thing. It's like, what if he got in an accident and he couldn't call me. I mean, I have been I tend to overanalyze a lot, and so I just want to like calm the nerves because oh my god, that would be so like it that I meet someone perfect and then something happened to him.
Speaker 1: And so wait, how did you leave it?
Speaker 4: Oh? He you know, he kissed me good night. It was almost like he didn't want to leave. And then he said, okay, we'll see you again, and so I took that as I'm going to see you again.
Speaker 1: And you never heard from him again after that?
Speaker 3: No, And so I'm thinking, did he lose his phone, did he break it?
Speaker 4: Did he get an accident they did he not make it home?
Speaker 2: Did anything happen that you can think of that would be a reason to get ghosted or for him to ghost you.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I have been replaying this over and over. I mean, Okay, maybe he got turned off by I have a really big laugh and so, you know. I mean I I saw the first time he was taking aback and I, you know, try to rein it in.
Speaker 4: But other than that, I was thinking, well, he wouldn't have kissed me like he did if he didn't like me. I mean, what guy does that?
Speaker 5: Right? Well, yeah, yeah, it can't happen.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to say that's what happened, but I mean, yeah, you think maybe it was your laugh?
Speaker 4: I mean I hope not. Because I really liked him.
Speaker 3: We had so much in common, Like I said, it was I have never kissed someone like that. He was so great, Like I just I just want to see him again, and I hate the fact that I already missed him.
Speaker 4: I've already missed you know, only gone on one date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a pretty fast connection.
Speaker 5: We'll see if we can figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, play a song, come back and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and get you another date if you still want one.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, thank you, all right, well play song, come back and get your first a follow up next.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle of your first date follow up if you're just joining us, Chloe is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Ethan. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her another day she still wants one. But first, Chloe, why do you catch us up on your date with Ethan?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I haven't heard from Ethan in like two weeks, but which is really confusing because we had such a great time. I mean, I haven't been on a date like that in like forever, and I've gone on a number of dates.
Speaker 4: But he was such a gentleman show chivalry, was so kind, polite, listening, he made me laugh like I had him laughed before.
Speaker 3: And then you know, we went on this date that was like from an indie movie. We went to a vintage bookstore, grabbed some coffee, having great conversation and laughing.
Speaker 4: I couldn't it was very surreal.
Speaker 3: And then he took me to a park and to play cards, and admittedly we didn't finish the game.
Speaker 4: We got a little distracted, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we had this incredible makeout session, like I haven't kissed anyone like that. He's such a great kisser, and so, you know, when we left it, I just felt like, you know, we had such a great time, and you know, he kissed me good night and said I'll see you soon. And when I thanked him for the date that night, he didn't text back, and so I thought, okay, well, hopefully he got home safe. And so I waited a few days and text him again. And admittedly he's been on my brain and I haven't heard from him, and so I'm just wondering what happened. Like, I hope he's okay. I did to overthink things. We just had such an incredible date and I don't know what happened.
Speaker 5: Are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 4: Yes, I hope he's okay.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hi man, I speak to Ethan. Please speaking Ethan?
Speaker 5: What's up? How are you?
Speaker 2: My name is Jubile. I'm calling from a ready show. It's called the Jubil Show.
Speaker 1: Hi Amina, also on the show, Hian Victoria.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm doing okay?
Speaker 2: We do a segment on our show called the First Date follow Up. What that is is if you go out with someone and they end up ghosting you, you can email us to get that person on the phone and ask why they're ghosting you. So you went on a date about two weeks ago with somebody named Chloe.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I definitely did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Chloe emailed us and she told us all about your date. She thought, you guys really hit it off, but you haven't talked to her in two weeks and she was wondering if you would tell us why.
Speaker 7: Well, the day was really fun and I had a good time, and Chloe has some good energy, okay. And it's the humming.
Speaker 1: She humms, like what do you mean, Like while she's just sitting there, or in conversation, she hummed like the.
Speaker 8: Whole time, Like at the bookstore, during the card game, even we were kissing, she.
Speaker 1: Hummed like a tune or just.
Speaker 7: Couldn't really tell what she was and just constant humming. You know. It was okay in.
Speaker 8: The beginning, but every five seconds it would just continue to start, and then it started bothering me a little bit.
Speaker 1: Did you say anything to her about it, like, oh, just really got that song stuck in your head?
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So at one point I asked her I used to humming Sabrina Carpenter's latest song.
Speaker 7: And she said, oh, I didn't even realize those.
Speaker 1: Ah, some people do that. My grandma used to do that, huh. Or maybe she was nervous, like I.
Speaker 7: Did have a good time with her.
Speaker 8: It just it just struck me as odd that, like we couldn't acknowledge that there was a lot of umbing.
Speaker 1: Going on, and it's like sense overload.
Speaker 7: It was weird. Like at the beginning, I was like, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Is it her?
Speaker 8: Then I started thinking I can't be humming this long. You know, it's a fairly long date. I started looking around for a humming bird, and.
Speaker 7: There wasn't humming bird anywhere.
Speaker 8: It was just the girl I was out there with, you know, just humming a song like a mumble rapper. I started thinking about it, and I was just like not sure. Like I'm a sensitive sleeper and I really don't like the idea of humming his white noise when I go to bed, Like just thinking of the idea.
Speaker 7: Us sucking up and just humming the whole time.
Speaker 2: That definitely that would be weird, all right, that would Yeah, that would throw me off a little bit.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you for being honest with us.
Speaker 2: Now, Ethan, I'll let you know that Chloe is actually on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Oh I, Oh my god, Ethan, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: I didn't even realize I was humming that much. Was I humming that much?
Speaker 8: Yeah? You pretty much hummed since the moment you walked into the room, you know, right into that bookstore, it was humming. And even when we were making out, it was coming.
Speaker 7: I got a little bit I.
Speaker 4: Was humming out. Oh my god.
Speaker 7: It was a bit distracting. If I'm being honest with.
Speaker 4: No, I totally get it. I'm so embarrassed that that.
Speaker 3: I just you know, you just made me really nervous because I really liked you and I and I didn't think anything of it. Like I said when you asked me in the car, I didn't realize I was. I was humming, Like I don't even know that I'm doing it. And obviously I was super nervous if I was humming that much. But I'm mortified. But you know, and if you just tell me, because I've had friends tell me, and I do recognize it's the problem that I'm humming again, like they one of my friends even said I could never be.
Speaker 4: In Ninja because they would know that I'm coming.
Speaker 3: I can definitely turn it off because my friends have told me this.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, if Ethan were to tell you that you're humming, then you could stop it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I would be able to stop it because I really do want to go out on a date with you, and that would be on my conscious don't hum make sure, I don't make sure, I don't know.
Speaker 2: No long we're making out, then would you like to go on another date with Chloe? Won't pay for it. She says that she can stop the hum Could I make a request your homer?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I will take a request from you, all right.
Speaker 7: It's kind of cute now that you said that you're nervous.
Speaker 8: That makes a little bit more of a key thing and then we can acknowledge instead of it being healthy.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I'm in.
Speaker 5: I'm in from you real fast.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Chloe, you got another date?
Speaker 4: Oh thank you?
Speaker 7: You will first date follow up