Speaker 1: Oh fuck. These people called me. These people who I'm trying to call right now, they called they texted me an hour ago. Hey, what's up man, it's the Gecko guy.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna run.
Speaker 1: You didn't say you didn't you didn't say anything just now. Oh you're trying to fall asleep.
Speaker 2: Oh I was trying to fall asleep and then the.
Speaker 1: Call I did. Yeah, I woke you up.
Speaker 2: That sounds yeah.
Speaker 1: Well you have two options. I'm gonna well, hold on. What's your first of one? What's your name?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, my name is should say my name name.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna your name. Your name, your name to me is Lewis. I'm gonna call you Lewis Lewis. You have two options. You can either I mean, actually you have infinite options, but I'm gonna pretend like you have two options. You can either go back to sleep and hang up, or you could talk to me.
Speaker 2: Uh you know what, I'll yeah, I'll spend some time.
Speaker 1: How close were you? You were really close to falling asleep before I called you back?
Speaker 2: I actually was. I didn't even know who was calling me, and I'm just like, what the fuck is calling it? I'm like, oh shit, it's the therapy gift.
Speaker 1: Are you sweating right now?
Speaker 2: Uh? Maybe no, not the moment, but I think I was on the brink.
Speaker 1: Do you do you normally have trouble falling asleep? Or are you a sleepy little guy?
Speaker 2: I guess it depends. There's some things or there's some requirements that need to be met met before I can go to sleep.
Speaker 1: Do you have fucked up dreams?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Also depend Lewis. You texted me and you said that counter Strike is killing my friendships.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is. Here would not be wrong?
Speaker 1: How so.
Speaker 2: Not gonna lie. So basically throughout my whole entire life, I've usually they've been videogames. I play a lot of video games. Stuff. Sorry for like stuttering and stuff. I kind of just woke up and now I'm telling my story that I was gonna tell. I played a lot of competitive video games with my friends and stuff. And then as like I matured and years went by, I kind of grew out of that phase and I one went on to play other stuff. But now I'm in college and all my friends go to different colleges and I don't really get to see my friends all that often. And usually if I want like any sort of opportunity to like hang out with my friends, per se. I play Counterstrike, and I straight up like would rather play alone than play with my friends sometimes.
Speaker 1: Why would you rather play alone with your friends? Or your friends annoying you? Or are they just kind of like getting in the way of you focusing on your game?
Speaker 2: It helps me. It helps like playing alone not being called a retard every six seconds, and I know that usually least up of friend groups. Definitely. I'm not sure if I was allowed to say that. Sorry about that?
Speaker 1: What do you feel when your friends call you that? Do you feel offended or endeared?
Speaker 2: Explainingdeared? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Indeed? Like is it is it? Is it a friendly phrase to you? Or is it? Are you offended by it?
Speaker 2: It's not my first time being called it, but like like when just like nags at you gets a little offensive sometimes, okay, because I am actually like a little neurodiversent. I haven't diagnosis, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to hear that. Man, are your friends? Are you friends trying to be mean to you?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, Like that is what this is what I've kind of been like questioning throughout the years it's because like I've despite all of these like insults that they throw at me and shit, that I've actually been pretty tight with them. And then there's just like moments to where like they say some of like the most fucking like horrendous shit to me, and like I'm been pretty stuck. I'm like, man, do these people like actually fucking like like me? Or am I just like a punching bag for him? And that's kind of like They've been the big debate for me for like the past years. I've been friends with these guys.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: Hm hmm. And if if I'm actually not friends with these guys, the holy shit, I have been alone for a really long time and I'm friends of these guys, Like holy like what do I do? You know what I'm saying? Mmmm?
Speaker 1: Friends with these guys for.
Speaker 2: M Well, the story is my brother's friends, and uh, since they really come over and meet me, I kind of transition to their friends. So it's been like I'm a college freshman now. I met them in like fifth grade.
Speaker 1: Are you guys in a group chat together?
Speaker 2: I was not anymore?
Speaker 1: You left the group chat?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: Did you leave the group chat?
Speaker 2: Lewis I'm gonna be real with him now. Yeah, it was just like a bunch of irrelevant ship on there. And like I was, it was like a snapchat group chat.
Speaker 1: So do you I mean, I mean, point blank do you like these guys?
Speaker 2: You know what part of me does?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I really do like these guys, but I enjoy hanging out with them. I'm not sure if I'm taking the ship too personally because sometimes I haven't known them for doing that. I do take ship like way too personally m hm, and I probably should. But and then there are some things I'm like, dude, are you guys joking or just like you guys being for real?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Dude? Ah? Man, Well, I mean there's a few I feel like there's a few things at play here. One the most important thing that I'm thinking about that to play here is that you or are what are you? Nineteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? And you just and you just went to college.
Speaker 2: Yep, freshman year.
Speaker 1: Okay. You know, Look, your friendship's aside and whether or not you want to stay friends with these guys before we even talk about that, like, what's going on with you in college? Are you making new friends? Are you putting yourself out there.
Speaker 2: Ooh, man, Well in college, I mean I'm not like, you know, quoting myself off and then everybody obviously like talk to other people and stuff, but I wouldn't really say those like my friends. I remember talking to some like I don't know who it was, but I remember saying, like, I talked to these people a lot, but like, at the same time, I don't really want to, like, you know, open myself up to them because I don't really want them to like know me and stuff. And then I just get are you are you?
Speaker 1: Are you referring to the counter strike people or are these new people at college the new people? Okay, yeah, why don't you want them to know you?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man Like it feels like invasive, but like in that way, I won't like make any friends.
Speaker 1: Is that a general Is that a fear you've always had of like being afraid of people like knowing you.
Speaker 2: A little bit? Like my dad, I won't like try and leak anything. But I remember, like throughout life, and especially like during his wedding because he just got married, all these people are coming up to me. He's like, hey, man, have you been man Like, I've seen your entire life on Facebook, Like, that's great. I've just met you and you already know more about me than I do about you.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, what the fuck are you posting on Facebook?
Speaker 2: I'm not posting anything.
Speaker 1: My dad is, Oh, okay, yeah, sure, for sure. Yeah, no, I get it can be kind of annoying when some light when like your second cousin comes up to you or something and starts pretending like they know you, and You're like, I don't know who you are.
Speaker 2: It's not even my second cousin either. It's literally just random people for my dad's work, like thirty year old white people. Those comes and he's like, hey man, how's this. Oh I've seen your entire life story. I'm like that's great. And I've only recently told my dad like, please, can you like ask me before you like put me on your Facebook and stuff. Yeah, because he's a little infamous. Oh go ahead, I was.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say about your kind of situation as a whole. I haven't thought about this in a while, but I feel like I used to say this on the podcast a lot, Like you know, the friends that you have when you're in like high school, they kind of or like the early relationships you have. They kind of like form your idea of what a relationship should be, which can be a little it could be a little dangerous because if your friends are always like, you know, insulting you and fucking with you, you can, you know, develop this thing where it's like, oh, in every friendship that I'm ever going to have my whole life, people are going to insult me and fuck with me, which is not necessarily true. And I don't I'm not gonna say from the information that you've given me that your friends don't like you or are bad people. You know, I don't. I don't know if if I have enough I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we have enough information to make that you know, assumption. You know, and you can you can drive yourself fucking crazy making assumptions as to whether or not people like you. But I don't know. But then again, I'm like, you should know, right if these are your boys, you you should know, Like these are my boys, I should but like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I actually like they'll sometimes they'll meet up with them, like recently because my dad got married and all I met up with a few of them. Uh. One about his girlfriend one came straight from university and all in it. Like it wasn't like terrible having them no excuse me over, but at some moments it felt like there was like a stranger in my house and shit, and I'm like, I didn't I don't know what to fucking do. And that's sometimes what it feels like when they come over. But like despite that, like I know that I kind of get like something positive about it because we're not playing like video games together and shit, and like we're not they're not like, uh treating everything like their whole fucking life on the line.
Speaker 4: Are are you?
Speaker 1: Would you consider yourself an introverted guy?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Definitely, not like very extroverted. But I'm not like too introverted, so I'd say I'm definitely on the introverted spectrip side.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, h who's your do you have? Of all the of the how many people are in this group?
Speaker 2: Well, the ones that I usually see, it's like, uh, maybe like two three, maybe like four people, I guess, And this.
Speaker 1: Is the counter strike people or the college people.
Speaker 2: Count of striped people. I don't really how many like college people. I'm very tight with you. I just have people I know and people that help me and my college stuff.
Speaker 1: Mm hm hm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you have like a bet do you have a best friend out of this gang? Like someone you're like, all right, well that guy that's mine, that's my boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, uh dude. He moved a while ago and like around mentioned was video games and stuff, and I don't know how the fuck we are still friends and but like I know, I'm really tight with this guy. But the thing is that I haven't heard from him. Well I've only heard from him like slightly, but he's like really set up with college and shit, and I understand, so he doesn't really like hang out with me that much anymore, which I understand it's not. I don't think it's anything personal with Yeah, I really hope not. But from what I've seen, you just like set up with college and like life and shit.
Speaker 1: When you said, god, I really hope not. I just I just want you to know, like you, I don't, don't drive yourself crazy thinking about whether or not people like you. You know, you can really you can really make yourself unhappy doing that.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, my momoulout. Like remember one time in my life, my mom was calling me a crazy like people pleaser, and he was like, dude, if you continue to like have this people please mentality, you will go fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: Right of course. Yeah, one hundred per Let me ask you that are do you so back? I mean back to away from we're kind of going back and forth here, but away from the counter strike guys and into college. You want you want to make friends.
Speaker 2: Obviously, yeah, I do, But like Buck man, it's like scary the college I go. I'm not going to like drop any like word college and stuff and trying to like avoid that. It's come a few close a few times. The type of college I go too, it's not like usually my age group. Obviously you'll find that age group there, but like it varies, like there's like my age group that jumps up to like people in their like fucking thirties or forties.
Speaker 1: M that's funny when I was in college. When I was in college, I had some friends in their thirties and forties because I was in the comedy scene, and that was like, you know, it was like eighteen year olds hanging out with like forty five year old twice divorced guys doing doing their bits and stuff. It's fun. Yeah, you know you're actually now talking to you. I'm thinking about when I was You're you said you're freshmen freshman, yes, or I'm thinking about when I was a freshman. I struggled to make friends a lot. Like the freshman year of college was really fucking hellish, dude, because I didn't have any friends. And it wasn't until sophomore year that I started getting really into comedy and doing that stuff that I started to make friends. And I learned that the best way to make friends and form a community around you. And I don't know if this is your speed. I don't know, you know what you're game for, but the best way to do it is to find a community of find a community of people that already exists, and find the way to add value to that community. Or if that community of people doesn't exist, you create it. You know, So like, could you theoretically go on the you know, let's say you attend toilet Paper University. Could you go on the over the Paper University class of twenty twenty eight Facebook page. This is what I did, And you post like, Hey, I'm doing a land counter strike night at the student Center. You know, come on through. There'll be enough there'll be you know, at least five other dudes to come through and play games. You know, like if you really, if you really want to be like, fuck it, I'm putting myself out there. I'm gonna like be entrepreneurial about this and and really do something you could Uh, you can give that a go. I know it's hard. I know it's scary to put yourself out there like that, but yeah, you know, I mean that's on a personal level, that's that's what worked for me.
Speaker 2: M yeah, I mean there are some like groups like like especially I'm I don't know video games on my whole spield, but they've kind of been definitely a big part of my life for ever. Like, but I'm not like the whole esports things, Like I said, I don't I don't don't like really competitive games anymore.
Speaker 1: And hmm, it doesn't don't. It didn't have to be video It didn't have to be you know, the the main thing I know about you is video games. I'm sure you have other like things that you're interested in. Oh yeah, but I mean, like, I mean, fuck it, like what.
Speaker 2: Uh what you want me to name stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: I trained in boxing and I do a lot of that stuff. I fuck with that heavy. Oh like comment sports in general. I really love dude.
Speaker 1: All right, why didn't you tell me that at the beginning you got to do a fight club?
Speaker 2: It's just big like this. My friend he started something similar to that at his own university, fight over stuff.
Speaker 1: By the way, when it comes I feel like also when it comes to like guys like nothing fuck and it brings two people. Nothing brings two guys closer together than beating the fucking shit out of each other, because afterwards, they really really there's some there's some chemical released in the brain after two guys beat the ship out of each other that makes them just want to, you know, kiss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually get what you're saying.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I remember getting knocked out and stuff. But like, and the guy who knocked me out, he was like, I don't know, man. He came up to me and he was like, damn, you're crying because he felt really bad, and he's saying like, there's nothing personal against you, man, you fight really well. I like you and all that stuff, and like all the people that are spar with men, it's always just like in that moment and then once you're out of it, like like you're friends and ship.
Speaker 1: See, that's nothing you can do, is you can you can let a bunch of people beat the shit out of you and then they'll feel sorry for you and be your friend.
Speaker 2: Man, they can't really do that without any form of self defense. But you know what, I kind of that's definitely a good point.
Speaker 1: But yeah, look man, all that all that's to say, and this is this is from you know, a deep sense of personal experience with with this whole thing. Is that if if you have the drive to like put yourself out there and like create something that that puts you around other people, then you know it's it's a lock. So I mean, that's just what I that's just something something, you know. I mean, you don't have to go out and you know, form a thing immediately. You can if you want to, you should, but uh, you know, just something something something I would chew on as you as you fall asleep three hours later because I've interrupted your rim cycle.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I really don't hope it's three hours later. But I think I can knock myself out pretty fast.
Speaker 1: What's your name again? Lewis Uh?
Speaker 2: It's not lewis Uh, but it's no go ahead, right, what is I think Lewis is a good name for me. I like it.
Speaker 1: H Lewis Man, I'm glad I got to talk to you. I like talking about this subject because again, you know, it's it's something I've I've dealt with. Is there anything in particular you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: Wow? I remember hearing you say to this other people. I didn't know what i'd say. Uh, forgive people, because if you don't, then it's going to be a huge waste of time in the past just thinking I'm like, well, fuck that guy, when you could have just been hanging out this whole time. I guess.
Speaker 1: Have beautiful, sweet dreams, Louis.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks, Kak, I appreciate it, man for calling me.
Speaker 1: Take care man, thanks for talking to me instead of sleeping. Bye.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see you.
Speaker 1: I had a dream the other night that I went with optim Prime to his house where he was roommates with John Lovetts and they were both really religious. I said that on the podcast before, but I thought I would say that again. Hello, Hey, what's up? Man?
Speaker 2: Is it.
Speaker 1: Is this Bryce?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Is this the gek?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What's that?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: How's it going, gek ah.
Speaker 1: Actually it's going pretty good. I'm feeling I'm feeling in the zone. Baby, that's good.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: So I stumbled across your content maybe like a month ago, and I have something that I want to tell your viewers that I've never told anybody else. Okay, So, and I don't know, I've never came to anybody with this problem. But the only person who knows is my girlfriend. And sometimes spicy food and sour food is a little too hot for me. So I'll have her pre chew it and kind of baby bird it into my mouth. And is that weird? I love hot food and I love spicy food, but all right, sour food and hot food, but sometimes, dude, it just fucks me up.
Speaker 1: So you'll have your girlfriend chew it and spit it into your mouth just a.
Speaker 5: Little bit, not a lot, just enough to like take the coating off of it. And the thing is, dude, I'm a huge stone or too. So it's like you should like spicy food and sour food and candy, but it's rough, mane. And I do like it. I like it a lot, but it just fucks me up. Makes my face hurt real bad, and hot food just destroys my stomach if I don't have her do it, and I could rent it all underwater, right, but I feel like that's gross putting tap water on. At least her mouth has the same thing as my mouth.
Speaker 1: How often is she doing this for you?
Speaker 5: Probably at least once a week. We've been Togerett for six years. Probably once a week for the past three years. I know, listen, gack. I know it's a lot to take in.
Speaker 1: I know, has she has she has she told anyone about it?
Speaker 5: No, of course not no, No, she's a great woman.
Speaker 1: Okay, why are you so? Why are you so, you know, embarrassed about this?
Speaker 5: Well? Have you ever heard of anybody else doing it?
Speaker 1: Well? I you know, Look, do you do you do you make out with your girlfriends?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Do you put your tongue in her mouth?
Speaker 5: Yes? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Yet yet do you do you lick all around her mouth with your tongue?
Speaker 5: I mean I do more than that, but yeah, so, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, look, theoretically, you're licking up all the same stuff that you would be eating with her chewed food. So is it gross on paper?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: But when you really think about it, you know you're not doing anything new.
Speaker 5: I'm so happy that you see this the same way I do.
Speaker 2: Get mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Do you ever do you ever chew food for her?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, she doesn't.
Speaker 5: She doesn't really have that problem. That's why she's kind of And that's the thing. It was kind of her idea to start with, and I was kind of stand offish at first, and she's like, let's just try it, and so I tried it and it ended up being like the key to it. Do you think try the water?
Speaker 1: Do you think?
Speaker 5: She?
Speaker 4: And all that?
Speaker 5: And I just don't like it?
Speaker 1: Do you? Is this something you were her like get off to.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's nothing like that. It's just it's just she loves me very much, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: M hmm?
Speaker 5: Is that too much love?
Speaker 1: Does she spit it directly into your mouth?
Speaker 5: I don't like. I don't want her sit on my hands, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So I mean kind of, well, you don't want her to spit on your hands?
Speaker 5: Well, that's the thing about it is, I don't. It's well, I mean, I don't want to talk about anything sexual or anything like that, but I don't want her to regurgitate the food into my hands. You know what? I mean, I rareed it just go straight to where my.
Speaker 2: Spit is is.
Speaker 1: Are you with your girlfriend right now? I am cant talk to her?
Speaker 5: Yeah you can't. Kaylee's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Here you go get.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hey, what's up? Kayley?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 1: Tell me about baby birding food into your boyfriend's mouth.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was just at first it was coming into me a joke. I was like, Hey, you want me to chew it up and put it in your mouth for you?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And then he was like, do you think it works?
Speaker 2: And I was like.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess I can give it a shot. And then I guess it just became like a thing that regularly happened to.
Speaker 5: Became an other joke after after a while.
Speaker 1: Huh. Okay, So do you only do it with spicy food or do you do it with any other kind of food?
Speaker 4: I mean, anything spicy or sour.
Speaker 1: Do you like doing it or do you kind of dread doing it?
Speaker 4: I mean it's not that I dread doing it, but I mean I mean sometimes do you know what I mean. I'm like, when I'm sleeping or something, he'll wake me up, you know what I mean? To like snack and like that. Shit gets a little annoying, you know what I mean, So I get a little.
Speaker 1: He'll wake you up in the middle of the night to chew his food for him.
Speaker 4: I mean, not necessarily in the middle of the night, but it's like I'm sleeping in that morning, you know what I mean, and he's up a little bit earlier and he's eaten and it happens to be spicy or sour. Yeah, there's good times where he's woken me up, like, hey, then, will you wake up and help me out o quick?
Speaker 1: And how do you feel when he does that?
Speaker 4: I mean those times, it does get a little irritating, But I mean that's I guess it's not any more irritating as him asking me to get him a bull of cereal or something when he's too lazy to get up. I guess I just kind of looked at it as one of the downfalls of a committed relationship.
Speaker 5: I can be a lot worse. You've had a lot worse relationships.
Speaker 2: Point.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I would call that a good point. But do you do you also not tell anyone.
Speaker 4: About this, No, I honestly, I'm a little afraid of judgment.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Would you be embarrassed if anyone found out?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Probably do you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you ever chew food and spit it into his mouth?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Is this like a kink thing? Are you guys?
Speaker 2: At all?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: At least not for me.
Speaker 1: How often do you do it?
Speaker 4: I mean it's not like an everyday thing, but anytime, like we're at the gas station and I mean we're looking for snacks and he might be in the mood for like a bag of talkies or like some power skittles or something like that.
Speaker 1: You chew the entire bag of sower Skittles.
Speaker 4: And I mean not the entire bag, but I mean, however much he's in the mood for eating in that time. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Does this make you guys feel closer together?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: I was asking her.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry, Dick, that co dependent.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, how how closer can you?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 5: I guess I.
Speaker 4: Guess we are closer than most couples out there?
Speaker 1: All right, is this something you guys would like to continue doing?
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess if there was a way around it, it would be. It's not like I would.
Speaker 5: Love to do it to do.
Speaker 1: How's everything going in relationship? Otherwise?
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 5: Pretty good.
Speaker 4: We're recovering sentinel addicts. So the last year has been a whole new path for us after getting sober and clean, because the first four and a half years of our relationship we were high and using together. So it's been a whole new ball game the past year just figuring out what our relationship is sober.
Speaker 1: Mmm, how long have you guys been together?
Speaker 2: For?
Speaker 5: Six?
Speaker 4: Here's this Christmas Eve?
Speaker 1: Nice? And did you? Did you meet through fetanyl and drugs and stuff?
Speaker 4: He was in drugs before he met me. I was kind of just starting to branch out. I smoked weed at a young age that I was just kind of starting to branch out into pain pills and things like that. And we met through uh, one of his family members and not really met through drugs but sort of.
Speaker 1: And you guys were getting high together for four years? Yeah, what was the the the impetus or driving force for getting sober?
Speaker 4: Well, we got arrested and I had never been in any.
Speaker 2: Legal trouble before.
Speaker 4: And while I was in jail that night, our apartment burnt to the ground. It had nothing to do with us. They said it was a cigarette butt was thrown out and it got up into the lighting of the house and caught the house on fire. So when I got out to absolutely nothing and no place to live in no house, it kind of urged me to get my life together. But Bryce was still in jail at the time, so instead of getting my life together, I kind of lost my shit for a bit. And he got out of jail and it was like, we got to get our shit together. So we decided to get sober.
Speaker 1: Was it difficult?
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was definitely a leap of staate. We moved from our hometown in Indiana all the way across the country to California to go to Detox and get sober.
Speaker 1: Are you glad you did it?
Speaker 4: I am very glad.
Speaker 5: We did it. What so many people died.
Speaker 4: I had friends, family dying in my hometown and my life is just falling apart. And I finally decided to get sober, and in a couple of months we're actually being made house manager. So things are actually looking up.
Speaker 1: You know, in light of everything you got, In light of everything you guys are telling me, Baby birding spicy food into this guy's mouth doesn't seem all that bad.
Speaker 5: I guess you're right.
Speaker 1: What do you guys, do help you. Guys have been clean for two years.
Speaker 4: We've been clean for almost a year now.
Speaker 1: Cool. How's everything going in your individual lives?
Speaker 2: Pretty well?
Speaker 3: Pretty well.
Speaker 4: I've been coming out of my show a lot more lately. I making friends and I'm trying to get him out of the show and starting to make friends.
Speaker 5: But a little bit harder in my into boot. I feel like I find myself sitting at home all day watching YouTube videos of things that I should be doing but I don't do, And I constantly find myself in a fit of break for the smallest things.
Speaker 1: Okay, like what.
Speaker 5: Like if you slightly annoy me, my overreaction will be dramatic. If something goes wrong in the day, my overreaction could be dramatic. It's it's weird. I I've grown up on drugs my whole entire life, so coming off them as a young I'm twenty three, so coming off them as a young adult. I don't know how to deal with emotion.
Speaker 1: When you say you're watching YouTube videos of things you should do. What are these YouTube videos?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: Like inspirational videos, just things that you that you can change your life easily. Whether it's an whether it's an Andrew Tate inspirational video or a Sam Hide inspirational video. They call out the things that I'm doing that I shouldn't beat, but I just continue to do.
Speaker 1: Bryce, Are you fucking with me?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not? What do you need.
Speaker 1: Dude? What kind of Sam Hide inspirational videos are you watching?
Speaker 5: Okay? So like the one where he says don't smoke weed, weeds for losers? You know what I mean? But I love weed and it's hard not to smoke weed. And some people don't like Sam Hide. I understand that. I just want them to fight.
Speaker 1: I does Honestly, what do you bryce? What do you like? What do you want to do? What are you trying to be inspired to do?
Speaker 5: Honestly, it'd be my ultimate dream would be a successful YouTube channel with Kaylee me and her kind of want to be nomads and live band life and venture out. You know what I mean. But I mean, I'll be honest with you. Gek. I have something holding me back and it's a warrant in my home state. And it's like I got that warrant because I came out here to California to get sober, and I was supposed to go back but I knew if I went back, I would just continue getting high and end up in prison. So I stayed in California, so if I ever get picked up, there's always that hanging over.
Speaker 1: My What about Kaylee? You said your name was yeah here, Yeah, what's what's what's your dream, Caylee? Do you want to do all that travel and make videos and whatnot?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 4: My dream is more of the travel and no mad life. And his thing is more of the making videos than YouTube. And there's all these people out there are you know, doing it together? So we're already in a relationship, So why not mix our dreams and make it a reality?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm all right, I'll bite Bryce. What what kind of Andrew tape videos are you watching?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 5: Man? I wish I could find the user. It's they're always very well edited and it's just his very good bulletin points, just those where's my remote? I wish I knew that YouTuber's name right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I was just now recently watching the one where his workout routine in prison. He said that the guards were trying to break his spirit, so he did push ups after them. I wish that I could have that drive.
Speaker 1: He said, He said, he did push ups at.
Speaker 5: Them, at them, and I know how fucking alpha of you. But it's just that type of drive that sits in my body that I wish I could fled up from the.
Speaker 1: Son drive drive for what, uh, just.
Speaker 5: To just to be a better person. Now that I've gotten sober, I don't I don't want to just sit by and waste my years. I feel like life is very important to figure out something that you love to do and do that.
Speaker 1: What is is what does being a better person look like to you?
Speaker 5: A better boyfriend? Always? I always feel like I can improve there, a better role model to people, a better son. I did my mom dirty and all kinds of ways and some some a laugh. I like to make people laugh.
Speaker 1: Kay hmm, what do you? What do you both do for work?
Speaker 5: So right now, since we have been recovering and I'm transferring states, I have been working on getting my birth certificate and everything like that so I can get a job here. But I'm about to get this house manager job in my program, and that's awesome. That will keep me sober for a long time and I can help a lot of people that way. But I don't know if I want to settle and do that my whole life.
Speaker 1: What about you? Kayley?
Speaker 5: Hold on, let me get her see I look at classership.
Speaker 1: Oh I was asking, uh watch, I kind of forget what the question was. I was asking kind of like what. Well, I I'm kind of just trying to get a hold of, like what your guys is. Oh, well, I think I asked you what I asked Bryce. What being a better person looks like? So I'll ask the question to you.
Speaker 4: Being a better person for me looks like right now, I guess it for me looks like becoming more motivated in my life because I have all of these things and it's not like big life changing things that I want to do. But let it say, for example, like I want to clean my room or do my makeup that day, and I really want to get up and do it, but I just can't find the motivation to get my lady ass up out of bed and do the things I want to do. It's like, oh, you know what I mean, what's the point of doing my makeup to day when I'm not playing on doing anything? When really I just wanted to do it to make myself feel better. And I know that but I'll kind of talk myself off out of it, like yeah, no, So I guess being the better person for me is finding the motivation to do the little things that make me happier in life.
Speaker 3: Do you.
Speaker 1: Do you do? You ask? I know that Bryce said he's working on being a house manager. Do you have a gig that you do right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Not currently really since I've gotten sober. I mean, I was sixteen when I started using drugs, so I didn't really get a chance to grow up or figure out what I really wanted to do in life. So I've really just kind of worked at restaurants here and there and things like that in my time. So I'm still trying to figure out what I really want to do. I know that I want to work in treatment at least for a short, short term goal and trying to help other recovering addicts that, you know what I mean, are still in their addiction because I've always had like like I said that, I grew up in a small town and drugs overtake that little town, and I always felt bad for all the friends and acquaintances that I have to leave behind in my addiction to gifts over and make my life better. So I guess my goal would be to work in treatment and try to save as many people that I could.
Speaker 1: That's good. I look, it sounds like both of you guys have positive goals that you're working towards. I don't know if you guys believe that about yourselves.
Speaker 5: I really appreciate that because.
Speaker 4: Being recovery recovering addicts and being so new in our recovery, I mean, we like to think that we're doing the right thing and we're making all the right decisions, but you're never really sure being a recovering addict. You're never really sure if you're doing good enough in your life now to a tone for all the things you did in the past.
Speaker 1: What are you ensure about.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I guess I was just I guess I've just been unsure if I'm really trying hard enough to make my life better, I guess, or if I'm just kind of riding the waves.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, look, you got sober, which is a hard thing to do. You have goals and desires. I mean, I don't know you guys that well, but it sounds like to me that you're moving forward in a in a productive manner.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate that.
Speaker 1: For sure. Is Bryce still there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Serious? Did you want to talk to Bryce or did you want to continue with Kayley?
Speaker 1: Uh? I don't know. Well we started this talking about fucking uh sour skittles, and uh, this conversation has gotten much deeper than I anticipated it would.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the thing. You're you're, You're you asked the right questions.
Speaker 1: GEK, I guess is there anything else that you guys wanted to talk about?
Speaker 5: When are you going on tour again?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Probably in twenty twenty four. Listen, Bryce, I'm gonna say that I didn't want to get into this whole thing because I just don't. I'm not gonna like, no, get I'm not gonna I'm not gonna sit here and have this whole discussion. But uh, be careful with the Andrew Tait Sam Hyde shit. All right?
Speaker 5: Oh well, I mean Andrew Tait's a terrible person, and I mean Sam Hide's done more than less save things on the internet and said some more or less savory thing. I'm saying the success in drive. If I have that type of power, I wouldn't use it like that.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you guys want to say to the people the computer before we go.
Speaker 5: Hey, I love you twitch, I love my juicers.
Speaker 1: And wait, what's a juicer.
Speaker 5: It's a it's an excuse watcher.
Speaker 1: It's a wet watcher. Excuse I don't I don't really know anything about excuse me. I know he plays a lot of chess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean he's pretty he's pretty good chess.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck to you. You guys seem like nice people, and you know, give yourself some credit because I you know, it sounds like you both started out in pretty uh, you know, fucked up circumstances, and you both seem to have pretty positive outlooks on life and desires to change for the better. So you know, keep keeping the.
Speaker 5: The They were less than favorable and and we were we were really lost, and this conversation has helped us.
Speaker 2: A lot good.
Speaker 1: Of course, take care guys, you two letter gek Okay, the idea of trying to do push ups at somebody is undeniably funny. Though I liked those guys, they seemed they seemed nice. Hey, guys, it's Lyle here. I'm about to do some ad reads. But if you're a premium member of the podcast, you will not hear them. Premium members, or gek Legends, as I like to call them, get access to every episode of this podcast ad free. They also get bonus episodes, recordings for my live shows, members only streams, and they support my ability to keep doing this show for a long time, do it in cooler, more interesting places, and also eat food, which is important. If any of that sounds cool to you, you can go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com to become a gek Legend, or find the link in the episode description. All right, let's do some ads.
Speaker 5: All from Dulton.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Dalton? What's up?
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 6: Mester Gecko?
Speaker 1: I am just doing little lizard stuff? What's going on with you? Dalton?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 6: I don't even know where to start? Man, Okay, I just moved twenty three hundred miles away from my original hometown.
Speaker 1: Congrats.
Speaker 6: And it's kind of a big step for me. I'm only twenty, so it's kind of a big junk for myself. Did it all my little car?
Speaker 1: What was the impetus for this twenty three hundred mile move?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'd say just my current living situation wasn't the best. My like family and stuff, wasn't all the best either. I didn't have like the most support, so I moved out here to my brother because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting, how old is your brother?
Speaker 6: He's twenty five, twenty four?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, so he's a little bit older. What uh? What's how long has he been out wherever you are?
Speaker 6: He's been out here for a couple of years. We have a plan on getting our own place here in about a year or so. He's staying out here with like family friend kind of deal thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, so yours are you staying with him? Who's staying with a family friend.
Speaker 6: Kind of thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right? Can I ask where you got are?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sure, it's East coast Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: Cool, so you moved from the west coast, I.
Speaker 6: Assume, yeah, Arizona.
Speaker 1: And what do you do out there?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 1: Did you line up a job at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Car? Just car stuff.
Speaker 1: Cool? What's your brother do?
Speaker 6: Same thing? Car stuff as well?
Speaker 1: Did he get you a car job?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Basically, very fortunate. Off he works for a pretty cool company Portia.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to assume that your brother moved out a few years ago for fairly similar reasons that you just moved.
Speaker 6: Right on the money, brother, right on it. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Is he your only sibling or do you guys got anyone else?
Speaker 6: We got one other both like mother and father sibling and a couple like half are your friends?
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you close with any of the or with the other.
Speaker 6: Hole the other whole? Yeah, she's out on the west side and still she got her own like stuff going on, but the half not so much.
Speaker 1: Are you all sort of united in a commiseration over your childhood's?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: We all? Yeah, we all u reminisce of our fucked up childhood now that we're getting back on our own paths and stuff getting way better than what we were.
Speaker 6: Brought into.
Speaker 1: That's cool, man. That's good that you had older siblings because then you didn't have to well I mean no, not not to discredit you. You you made a large jump that I'm sure was very difficult, but it must have been nice to have older siblings that did it first, so there was sort of a path laid o out of some kind.
Speaker 6: Without them, Yeah, I would have been lost for sure.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling now?
Speaker 5: It's a little shell shock overwhelming, but uh, overall pretty good. I'm excited for my new journey and what it waits for me?
Speaker 1: Mhm, what very about? Tell me about this new journey what it waits for you?
Speaker 6: Well, also I've loved that like a big details. Well, I got out of like a two year.
Speaker 5: Relationship right before I moved, so like, yeah, that's that was also a big like hard thing to like leave. That was like one of the main things holding me there.
Speaker 1: Still, how long were you with this person?
Speaker 5: For two years?
Speaker 1: Okay? Hmmm? Do you did it end sort of amicably or how did it end?
Speaker 6: It was I want to say bad, neither good. I mean, it wasn't any It wasn't anything super terrible. It was kind of mutual and yeah, we just went the way that like the contact went about it and like the no contact afterwards went about it was like super weird and like found out she also was like fucking with like real close homies on mine and everything like super right after we broke up and everything, Like yeah, it was super weird.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. What's your what's your friend's situation? Like, are you still good friends with any of the folks back in you said Arizona?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you still good friends with any of the Arizona folks?
Speaker 5: Just a couple not not very many, most of them exactly. Yeah, most of them were like mutual friends and ship. So like every time I go and talk to him, I'm hearing about that bitch, and it's like, Bro, this is not why I'm friends with you.
Speaker 1: Now, what about in Pennsylvania? What's your social life look like?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 6: Nothing right now? Bro, Like, not a whole lot of anything. Just yeah, not a whole lot of anything. It's getting settled here myself and yeah, getting like all my legal ship switched over, like driver's license and registration for the car and whatnot.
Speaker 1: M hmm. Yeah, it's hard to make that whole transition. And then like, cause you gotta you gotta parse it out. If you try to do all of your legal ship and get a house and get a whole friend group and a new girlfriend and a new job and eternal happiness all in one week, you're gonna that's too much pressure exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I'm not too too much of a social life. I'm kind of just more focused on me and when I got going on, and shit, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: What's your brother's family friends deal?
Speaker 2: That's oh man, it's a whole lot of stuff.
Speaker 6: He met so it's not even like it's their family now because how close he's got with them and how amazing people they are. And he met these people through like when he was in school, in college, when he came out here on the jump that he made and met this really cool friend with this really cool family, and flash forward a few years here.
Speaker 1: We are nice. Nice? Are you have you become close with them too?
Speaker 6: Very yeah, they're super super awesome. They're super cool people.
Speaker 1: It's very cool of them to like let your brother crash on their couch and then have your brother be like, hey, can my brother crash on your couch too? And they're like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, type shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well they have a really big, beautiful home and they had a bunch of kids living here like a few years ago, and they all moved on to like colleges and stuff. So they were like more than happy to have us come.
Speaker 1: How do you guys know these people?
Speaker 6: He met them through when he was in school, when he was in college a college friend.
Speaker 1: Word. And so you're twenty, right, did you ever want to go to college or do anything like that or were you always trying to just go straight into life?
Speaker 6: See I've been I was forced to just be straight into life since like fifteen sixteen, probably even younger. So like, yeah, I haven't really thought of that. I haven't been in that position too, but I'm sure like one day, if I get in the financial rim of that, I would love to.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, do you have some kind of like ultimate like thing that you want to pursue or do?
Speaker 6: Many things? Many many things. I'm like, I've just watched one of your videos of the motorcycle Dude. Yeah, I'm a bit like motorcycle Dude.
Speaker 1: Like I hope, I hope you're not too much like motorcycle Dude. He's a cool guy.
Speaker 5: But oh yeah, fell backtrack, Oh, backtrack, that's too much like motorcycle man.
Speaker 6: Okay, he has some pretty wild attributes going on for himself. But no, no, no, no, just in the speed demon sense and the riding motorcycles?
Speaker 1: Are you are you? Do you like to ride motorcycles?
Speaker 3: Love too?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was the when I said I hope you're not too much like motorcycle guy. That was the one thing I was referring to. Although that was a dumb thing of me to say, because if you say you're like motorcycle guy and then I go, well, I hope not the part of motorcycle guy that likes motorcycles. But yet we're referring to him as motorcycle guy. It's like, what other fucking part of him would you be referring to?
Speaker 6: So yeah, true, that true.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I love motorcycles. I love adrenaline stuff. I go to raves and shit, I'm super excited for raves out here. I see you do that, like, uh, electric Forest and you go to Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did Electric Forest back in the summer and it was it was really awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I'm super excited for some East coast raids and stuff.
Speaker 1: Where in Pennsylvania are you?
Speaker 6: Westchester?
Speaker 1: West Chester? How far? How I I know people who are like from there. How close is that to Philly?
Speaker 6: Like not even an hour? Like right under an hour?
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to Philadelphia?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love going to Philly.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 6: There's nothing like a Philly cheese sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Philly is a great city, man, I love it. Well, look, dude, I think, first of all, big up on you. I'm glad that you made the decision to get the fuck out right, because you could have just stayed. It would have been more comfortable for you to stay, but you got out and now you're I mean, even if things are in sort of a transitionary period right now, it sounds as though they're going to iron out and you'll be glad you left. So good on you for that.
Speaker 6: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: Is there any other things? It's okay if not, But is there anything else like kind of going on or anything else that you want to talk about or say to the people of the computer.
Speaker 6: Oh really, yeah, not exactly, brother, not exactly. I'm really grateful to talk to you. I've tried to call you about thousands of times, so I'm glad to reach to you once. And it was nice speaking to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice speaking to you too. That's a cool sort of recurring theme I think we've talked about on here is people trying to reinvent themselves or get away from what's comfortable and go out on a limb like you did, and you know it's not easy. So again, perhaps Anya.
Speaker 6: Thank you, sir, Thank you, have a good time. Ma'm you as well.
Speaker 1: Hello, folks, it's Lyle here. That's the end of this episode. But get this, I'm releasing a bonus episode this week. That's right, an entire extra hour of the podcast that you can listen to by becoming a Premium member of Therapy Gecko over at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Supercast subscribers get access to bonus episodes. They get a completely ad free podcast feed of the regular show, they get recordings from my live shows, members only streams, and they help support my ability to continue doing this podcast. So here's a clip from this week's members only bonus episode.
Speaker 3: Liza, I've been experienting with dissati disorder.
Speaker 1: You've been experiencing dissociative disorder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, after a a bad trip. You know, I've seen a doctor and all, but it's it's a very particular state of mind.
Speaker 1: Where are you calling from.
Speaker 3: I'm calling from a Quebec.
Speaker 1: Oh. Oh you're French. Okay, I thought you were fucking with me. If you want to hear this full conversation, you can sign up to become a Premium member at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or fi I'm the link in the episode description. That's therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. All right, I have nothing else to say. The repy Cat goes on the line taking your phone calls every night. The rep goes to what a hide He's teaching you cloud in the.
Speaker 4: Mind of your life.
Speaker 1: Money's not ready. An expert