Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor Set, de Montree More and new He scrugs.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Player's Lounges, brought to you by Rich the cat Game and where we talk like the players do in the locker room. I am Jesse Holly. That's Demontree Moore. This is Anthony dor Set. Barry Church is somewhere doing rich stuff. But he said he's gonna be late, fashionably late. But rich people do. They come and go as they please.
Speaker 4: But good to have, good to have that boy back safe travels and brought him back safe.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah. Burial here shortly and Thursday the Cowboys back to a little bit of let me let me stop, let me say this, let me let me let me say this.
Speaker 1: How y'all doing man? Doing pretty good? Man? What do you say?
Speaker 5: CFL break up this week and I gotta rept my team. Uh so, you know Saskatchewan and them doing that.
Speaker 1: So excited. I'm excited to see some good football this weekend.
Speaker 3: Good football. Shout out to the BC Lions, to the beach I played. Shout out to the BC Lions, I got a great cup. To the BT Lions. To my shout out to my guys up there, g Roy Simon. Shout out to my guy g Rars, my O, g Rhys, my o g shout out to my other O, g Baron Miles. So I got, I got, I got. Baron Miles is from Roselle, New Jersey. He's from my like my hood hood like he was. He was the one that I watched, you know, go out, went to Nebraska play for the black Shirt defense back when Nebraska was good. And so yeah, then g Roy g Roy boy g row would have me cook you might.
Speaker 5: You might know ke Craf then that played at Nebraska back in the day, cornerback.
Speaker 1: He was with grow in them back in the day.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, but you're good man. Yeah, things good and he's good. Everything's great weekend.
Speaker 4: We about to shout out to my dad fifty year celebration of him running for three hundred and three yards against University of Notre Dame and we actually played Notre Dame. Pitt plays Notre Dame this weekend. Yeah, it's gonna big matchup. It's gonna be cool.
Speaker 3: Don't don't really like what your coach said. Don't like what your coach said about as game. Now, it's the coach head coach for For Pittoz, they're still in the running for the ACC Championship, So losing this game to know the Dame to him doesn't matter because they got to finish out and they can get an that large bid into the CP College Football Playoffs by winning the a CC.
Speaker 6: So he's like, but North Carolina's in the a CC too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Listen, I've turned the page once once. October thirty first hits for me. It's basketball season. It's basketball season. Chapel Hill, I go from Keenan to the Dean thought, I am. I am not apologetic about that. There's I know when I know when to hold my cards and stay tuned in. I know when it's time to fold them and move on.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to get to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, am, I am. I am. My young heels looking good. Shout out, shout out. No, no, no, my young hills looking good.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: Caleb Wilson is looking good. Caleb Wilson's is looking he didn't play basketball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we played basketball.
Speaker 5: Hey boy, Hey, we had the best tandem and y'all y'all better, best tend of guards last year.
Speaker 1: Boy, you look at them boys, they go, they're going now.
Speaker 3: Guards don't don't, don't catch different. I'm just saying word waiting. We have, we have, we had the best.
Speaker 6: We had one of the best guards across basketball to last year.
Speaker 1: Don't matter. We're still talking about football.
Speaker 5: Who yeah, yeah, yeah, don't like I said all y'all young money can buy. It's turned on the best team already showed you that the difficult is possible.
Speaker 4: Best team can fight Irish all right, best team money can y y'all, y'all do all this raising up to get to the college.
Speaker 1: For that's about season. Do no worry about it.
Speaker 4: I'm there're hopefully'all try to get a natty or something that ain't happening.
Speaker 3: But anyway, mm hmm you sure, I'm sure. I'm positive.
Speaker 1: I just I can't wait.
Speaker 3: And I'm so sure. I'm so sure you can name the bet. That's how positive. I know, y'all not.
Speaker 1: Want to I'm already playing with houses.
Speaker 3: Listen, y'all, ain't getting to the y'all ain't named thet.
Speaker 1: We ain't getting to the final. Name the bet, take me to dinner?
Speaker 6: Name, he said, name the bet man, name the bet.
Speaker 3: Let's name a restaurant the bet because because because.
Speaker 6: He ain't lifted his hand.
Speaker 1: It's whatever you want to do?
Speaker 6: Man, Oh, come on, hey, this is General's beat.
Speaker 3: Name the beat, because I'm going to I'm calling.
Speaker 6: His team ain't either, but he betting you.
Speaker 3: I'm calling going to be there off everybody, No, no, what you're doing. I'm going on. You know he's going.
Speaker 6: On with this right here? Yeah, your boys, and said, hey.
Speaker 3: I'm calling Samir and Nick and Sam's and getting.
Speaker 6: The game in.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 6: What's what about a? And then winning the national championship. They gonna win.
Speaker 3: He gotta win. He ain't getting to the finals.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, getting to the finals okay, and you.
Speaker 3: Can pick wherever we gonna eat. All right, bet, y'all see this, I see it's a bet. Layer down, put on the board. Make it good.
Speaker 1: Oh but we're good.
Speaker 3: Okay with that, tamahall ready for your boy. Hey, welcome back Church, ducking and dods ye Church, welcome back for your rich activities. You know what. You know, I'm just out there trying to be you know, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: A little bland of republic, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: That business casual.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Look, you have to color a little lad of us stundy outside and the degrees here, the d f W yeah, whatever that was going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just looking look at I'm looking at this.
Speaker 3: He content over there, like how much you gonna eat that? Nigga? Sames. You're good because I don't drink, so you don't have to worry about the drinking. I don't drink. You have to worry about that. But that tamahaw, you're gonna have to pay for the tamaha. That's about twenty hours and then I'm getting I'm listening.
Speaker 5: He gonna take He's gonna take all that met Oh wow, that's.
Speaker 1: What he was excited about. So excited, So excited.
Speaker 3: Boy said, I said, tomahawk.
Speaker 1: Yeah is that not is okay? I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: He was excited.
Speaker 1: He's excited for all that protein that he was talking about.
Speaker 3: I'm excited. I'm a competitive just like everybody I'm excited to win, and then the gloat and then you're going to make it.
Speaker 5: Sam, you gloating off another team's failure. But like you said, they hate us because they ain't us.
Speaker 3: But in jealous let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's go this week South Carolina.
Speaker 3: That's that's all right, let's get into this thing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys back at practice today. I've seen them out there on the day. Yeah, back out practice today, you know, and this what a week, right, what a week it has been. It's been a lot. It's been a lot, and they are dealing with a lot down the hall, and I think getting back on the practice field has been one of those things where for that two hours or however long hour and forty five minutes, you're not thinking about anything else but just balla. You know, this is this is opportunity for them to go out there and do that and prepare for the Vegas Raiders because like I said, well many times this week, Vegas may have thoughts and prayers with you before the game, and they'll pray with you after the game. But in between that fifty three and a third by one hundred, ass man, Look, they're not they're not looking at you and saying, well, I'll just take it easy on you because yeah, because you know, we know you guys have went through something. Let me take it easy on you today.
Speaker 1: Not now.
Speaker 4: Raiders is looking at this team as a possibility to definitely get a w and start their winning trend on the tail end of the season as well.
Speaker 3: Boy, you already know what they must have been reading. You must have been reading, because that's what's my approach the Cowboys, at least defensively. The Cowboys defensively, when you look at what they've done through the year, they have become the medicine I call them the pharmacy walgreen.
Speaker 1: It makes you.
Speaker 3: Feel good, then take they got to that level. Now stop me when I'm lying. Russell Wilson went for four hundred. They benched him. Jacobe Brissett, they he played so well. They say, you know what color, take a little bit more time with that foot. Look across the board, a spring boarded Caleb Williams in Chicago Horse. They let little Tink Tink in Carolina, Little.
Speaker 6: Tink Tink.
Speaker 3: Mcnar built. How do the Cowboys go about not being medicine? For I watched Ashton genty. He was kind of he was doing an interview and he kind of was like smirking a little bit, trying to hold back his damn his excitement, Like you know, he's he looks like, boy, I can't wait to get out to the It's.
Speaker 6: A new day though, man quinning out there.
Speaker 3: It's it. I love the optimism from barriers that no more so yesterday. Price at the same So we're back on the say, let him know we're back. The price of the brick going up. The brick has gone up, man. So the so the Cowboys coming into this game against the Vegas Raiders, they shouldn't. The Vegas Raiders shouldnt look at the Cowboy defense.
Speaker 7: They're gonna make them prove it. They're gonna make them prove that this ain't that and that ain't this. But what I'm saying is, man, it's it's, it's there's they're no longer with the caliber player that Quinn Williams is on that defensive line. He's a type of player since twenty sixteen, the most run stops since Aaron Donald.
Speaker 3: This is the type of player that can catapult your defense.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying it's gonna get him from the thirties all the way up to the top ten.
Speaker 3: But they can become.
Speaker 7: Seventeenth, eighteenth in the league, nineteenth through this little stretch. And if that offense, which you know, if it was a fifth, y'all understand what it is. But if that offense is clicking on all cylinders and they rolling, which we've seen in games so far this year, they can roll.
Speaker 3: If you got a defense that's seventeenth, eighteenth in the league.
Speaker 1: You can win with that.
Speaker 7: Now are they gonna be able to rattle off seven in a row get to the playoffs?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 7: But they can build momentum. They can with Quinn Williams in there, and what he's able to do. This is a guy that demands double teams.
Speaker 1: This is a guy that is a.
Speaker 7: Fierce defensive tackle, not only against the but he could get that pressure in front of a quarterback. And mostly what he can do is create one on one opportunities. De manjo U was on the defensive line. If you had one on one opportunities the entire game, Let's just say you had twelve pass rush attempts, twelve one on one opportunities, you would say those that would favor you Barbee barbecue chicken. All right, barbecue chicken. What this defense needs is those guys that are getting those one on ones Clowney, Dante Fowler, Kenny Clarks, Sam Williams.
Speaker 3: As a rock Houp.
Speaker 7: If you can win eight of your twelve one on ones, seven of your twelve one on ones, that's a lot if you can win those. If you can win those, this defense can be turned around. Like I'm not saying they ain't gonna get top ten.
Speaker 3: I don't belong dain there, all right, The secondary ain't good enough. They're not there yet, but you can get middle of the road.
Speaker 7: And also what he's gonna be able to provide is and I'll pass it off after this, those double teams and those guys are gonna be worried about him. They're not gonna be able to get up to the second level as fast. You're not gonna be able to get up to Oversong who's gonna suit up. You're not gonna be able to get up to Logan Wilson. Those guys are gonna be able to run sideline the sideline, And if y'all watch the tape so far this year, those young backers that they had in their shamar James Maris lea File. They're not the biggest and they were dealing with three hundred pounders in their face like that. So they're gonna be able to run sideline the sideline and use that speed and use that aggression. So I think that brings him up. And Lastly, I think Logan Wilson he's not a you know, Brian or Lacker Ray Lewis type guy, but he's a cerebral guy. He's a guy that thinks above the shoulder pass and I think he can be that quarterback of the defense that Flus has been missing all season long. I think if he can get that playbook down, he'll have the confidence and the wherewithal. He'll be that vet to be able to at least get everybody on the same page like and not be over.
Speaker 3: There like, oh, half of the defenses playing this, half of the defenses playing that. He's gonna make sure it's gonna right. So is it hoping? Yeah, it is hope. So one of the things that we know as just football officionados when it comes to Pete Carroll Lent football teams is that they're going to try to run the ball. They're going to try to establish the run. And I brought up the name Ashton Gent because we know where I mean when we got to the draft, most people are like, man, what the Cowboys can get Ashton Gent? And I brought up his interview and he was kind of smirking. And when you look at the production of how they use Ashton genty every single game, he's he's getting about forty two of their rushing touches. So they're trying to establish the run with Ashton Dentcy problem is he's only average in about three to eight a carry, right, but he leads the league and broking to He's amongst the league leader in broking tackles and the Cowboys are one of the top ten teams and missed tackles hate to see it. So he's looking Ashton just he's looking at this might be the game that I can kind of get loose a little bit because of it and.
Speaker 1: What he said, I could speak on this one. This is the coming out party. I've been speaking on it all year.
Speaker 5: If you are a rookie, if you are somebody that has big expectations and you ain't lived up to that momentum, you start looking at your chops. When you see the Cowboys say, hey, this is the guy you got elite neighbors over there coming out there showing guys that he was that guy for one week. You got all these guys that are making their names, Rico Dollan doing what he did, like Rico and that type of defense. I'm gonna tell you, like this, playing for Pete Carroll, he is a momentum guy. He's a hopium guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah you and so for no.
Speaker 5: But but that's where that's where, that's where it's gonna be wrong for you. Pete Carroll over there talking to the Raiders. At this point, we know that we're not playing for playoffs. We're playing for pride right now. We're playing so Ashton Gent can come in there next year and be like, hey, I am that guy of the league. So there're gonna be a moral victor and then he's gonna use that snowball effect. So if a guy right now that's getting forty two percent of the carrier and we know that the Cowboys are gonna get this, be ready for sixty this week? Man, Jenny, you're a rookie. Are you ready for this? Hey Crosby, we already know what you could do. Lead us over there, and he's gonna start shaking, and he's gonna use that momentary and the Raiders when not, Bro, when Pete starts shaking, the team starts shaking, and that momentum that is dangerous.
Speaker 1: Bro. And the way that if you're the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Defense, everything that you have done this year, Hey, if I'm the Raiders, I'm excited if I'm the Cowboys defense and I'm quitting Williams for somebody that minds you the question you asked him the other day, because you come in and be a leader. If he's so great and immaculate and all these things that you said, and it has been the best thing since Aaron Donald since twenty sixteen, why can't he not come in here be a leader?
Speaker 1: So you kind of conflicting right there, I'm saying, he got it.
Speaker 7: I've set the whole time. You got to earn the right to be a leader. I mean, you got guys, let's go. The greatest quarterback of all time right when he switched town teams and went to Tampa Bay. All right, he could have been like, oh, I'm following me, But what he did was he led by example.
Speaker 3: He was that was COVID. He was taking them guys to the park, Let's go out here, let's run these routes. He was earning that leadership.
Speaker 7: They got in trouble because he was taking cats over to the parking and getting together as a unit. So it wasn't like he was just out there barking, like following me because I do this. He led by example and earned the stripes. And that's what I'm saying, Quentin Williams can do.
Speaker 4: You keep saying people barking and like, I don't know where you got to get barked that to like have some type of leadership role, you know what I'm saying. So I understood that, Like I don't want to be barked that, regardless of you the dude just making the plays and doing everything.
Speaker 6: So I feel you on that.
Speaker 4: But to jump into this whole raider thing, and one of the biggest miss maxes they got is that tight end with these safeties, he's cold boy, and he could play. He could line up outside, he can line up inside. They showed that the kid can block two as well. So when we look at what Quinn Williams is gonna be able to do, first of all, Like I understand asking jents like yo yo, be optimistic, but you ain't see this dude in the inside with him and Kenny next to each other. And if he ain't getting up the field, he ain't getting pushed back either, you know what I'm saying. So one thing that he's able to do is he's able to engage, disengage and make plays. So all that inside run and anything else like that with him and Kenny and there, that ain't you know, even if he don't know the defense, he knows how to make play. As a friend, I don't see that happening this week.
Speaker 1: What he said, I gotta hold you up just a little bit.
Speaker 5: You played the Commanders, Darren Payne, You got who else say they play?
Speaker 1: You got uh? You got the Broncos that they played like GENTI has seen some guys now, So I mean.
Speaker 4: But like I said, every teams while you're talking about I'm just saying, nobody the hundred yard Rutgers that he faced against them teams, Because like if we're talking about even seeing dudes, he gonna keep seeing dudes.
Speaker 5: But like what has he done against those dudes? I'm just saying, though, like to say, somebody. He hasn't seen nobody like you've seen the forest buckmany.
Speaker 6: No, he hasn't seen the Quinny Williams on tape with the Cowboys. He hasn't seen that.
Speaker 1: We ain't exactly.
Speaker 6: So we're like listen, like we can sit.
Speaker 4: Over here in that like we don't think he's gonna we don't know if he's gonna make an impact or not.
Speaker 6: We know he's coming in here. He's gonna make an impact right now.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: So it's it's the whole thing about when you turn on the tape, Jense sitting back watching everything, but but that what's gonna be.
Speaker 6: Out there this week?
Speaker 4: All right, And it's easy to get optimistic off of that so far, okay, but.
Speaker 6: Like you got a factor into the equation.
Speaker 4: Go back and watch Quinn against against inside runs or anything else like that with the Jets, and then you're gonna see literally what's going to be happening to you. So I understand how he's excited. But like I said, it's gonna be a difference out there this week.
Speaker 1: Y'all know the key right well.
Speaker 3: Talking about he's the keys, the keys, the keys, and we'll find out to what lock they go to can they open up its offensive defense for the Cowboys. This is the players loud stay right here with this will be right back.
Speaker 6: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 8: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a prown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one one hundred gambler that's twent eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 9: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink Orsponsibly.
Speaker 8: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 6: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 8: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 6: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own Boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your own Us.
Speaker 3: To the players Lounde.
Speaker 5: Celebrate the season at the Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza power by Reliant at the Star in Frisco. Join us every Friday through Saturday night from November twenty first. Listen to Me right November twenty first through December twentieth for electrifying holiday performers. For details, visit the Star district dot com.
Speaker 3: I don't got my boy, no new ara. By the way, this is the players Loundes brought to you by Aristocrat gave me Barry Church, Lebontree Moore, Anthony Dorset and Jesse hollydaw Church. You were excited right before we were going to the break and you said, you know what the keys are? You know, you know what the keys are. And you you are one of the people we have said at this table. They got multiple keys. You know what I'm saying. You got multiple keys to a lot of different vehicles. So which one of these keys will drive the Cowboys to victory?
Speaker 7: And this is a lot easier said than done, especially with the defense and how it's been performing so far this season. But you're looking at a team in the Raiders where this is one of two quarterbacks in the entire national Football League with more interceptions than touchdowns. Okay, so when you think about it like that, you've got to make this team one dimensional. And I know that's what every defense tries to do out there. But with the power you have on the inside, now, Will quinnim you've got to be able to at least bottle up ash and gent. I'm not saying you got to hold them the negative yards, but if you're out there and they're first and ten, second, second, and you know they're getting them third and distance long distances, that's how you win this.
Speaker 3: Ball game, all right. Geno Smith is he's a streaky quarterback. He's a streaky court.
Speaker 7: He's a quarterback that you know, if everything is rolling right and everything is hot, he can do damage to you. But he's also a quarterback that if a couple of things go wrong here and there, you get behind the sticks penalty wise, he's gonna be out there giving you interceptions. Like we have gone against quarterbacks like that Eli Eli Manning. One of the reasons I got paid that boy.
Speaker 1: Was hooking me up.
Speaker 3: You gotta just catch it.
Speaker 7: So that's the type of quarterback you're going against. He's gonna give you opportunities. The thing is, don't force those opportunities. Don't just say, Okay, I got I gotta jump on this. He's gonna give you those opportunities. You gotta be able to cash in. And to be able to do that, you gotta make them one dimensional. And you gotta force Geno Smith to win with his arm if if they if the Raiders are or are out there saying we gotta win with your arms, you know, come on for then the Cowboys. You got the advantage and you gotta take you gotta just take advantage of that.
Speaker 3: And I love what you said there about that, because this Vegas offensive line, it's been banged up, it's been inconsistent, and it's ranked thirty first in the National Football League and they're giving up fourth most sacks in the league. Twenty seven sacks this offensive line and Gino Smith because sometimes he run on the pocket, sometimes.
Speaker 1: He gets up trip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Genot be tripping. But twenty seven sacks that this offensive line and this quarterback has accumulated this season thus far. Do you think the keys to what Barry Church is saying Demontree are other proper keys?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 3: Are you saying, you know, hey, Let's make Gino one dimensional. Let's let's make this offense one dimensional. Let's stop the run. Let's let's, you know, get these get guys in the proper spaces and places that they're supposed to be a Simon lineman football. And now we'll take our chances with who we got here, Trey Tucker, Deontay Thornton, and Tyler Lockett. Oh, and then there's Rock Powers not one of the keys that you think.
Speaker 5: For me, I think the key is what Barry said, making this offense one dimensional. As far as what I'm gonna go with. If I'm a betting guy, I'm gonna try to make a one dimensional and give it to the rookie. Just like we said off air, how many one hundred yard games as he had?
Speaker 1: Like we?
Speaker 5: And when I say we, I think about this Cowboys defense. Where have they always got beaten on the edge. You got Kenny Clark, you traded for him. Guess what he stopped the run in there? Well, now you have Russell Wilson scrambling, throwing on the run. And as you mentioned, Gino is a streaky guy. He is the proven option out of those two weapons. Do I go with the proven and unproven because guess what if I let Gino get streaky, Well, guess what, Now you got brock Bowers that you gotta worry about. You gotta worry about the young guy having a coming out party. And now that, hey, what do you say, I'm over here hitting you with a jab jab jab? Now you get the haymaker of Gino and his electrifinedness come through from there. So I'm not gonna put it on him. I'm gonna say, shut Geno down. He's gonna give us this and that make Genty come over here to where like I chopped this off, So I think making it a one dimensional game. If you do that, that's gonna help you out. But they've been able to stop stuff up the middle. It's the edge you haven't. But what makes me optimistic is now, like you said, you have Kenny Clark, you do have a quinnin winning. You have Clowney that is coming off the edge and chasing things down right now, and you're looking very explosive off the edge. So I'm, like I said, I'm gonna try to bottle it up and give it to the big guy. You got an eighty million dollar guy that's playing back up and then the other two that I paid, like, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Make money.
Speaker 3: Do I want to talk it to you about. Let's just say the keys that Barry Church and Demontra said works Ashton genty clink clink, lock him up. But now you have to go and you have to stop this. This all world tight end and Bowers who is coming back from an injury, and when you watch him on film, they line him up everywhere you can. He's playing outside the numbers, in the slot, in line, and in the dirt, every single where. From a DB's perspective, what would be some of the ways of Howard Because he's two, he's six foot four, six foot five, so he's too big and too tall for a Nickel or dB, right, but he runs great routes, so he's a little bit too fast athletic for your you know you're tired, excuse me, your linebackers and or safety.
Speaker 1: You know you.
Speaker 3: So, so how how do you attack this as a dB?
Speaker 4: It's tough, man, because if we're talking about them the cowboys now stopping to run and making it one dimensional, are we adding another safety to the box. Are they gonna be able to control that with the for front end and just the four to three you know what I'm saying, So how are we doing that? Then if you add that safety to the box, what is that doing doing for the curverage side of it? And trust me, Tyler Lockett might be a little bit older, but you can't sleep on the dude, you can't sleep on.
Speaker 3: So let me just be add a little bit of nugget to what you were talking about, because Shati said it in his pressure today because someone asked him about the five man fronts that they ran. You saw them running the last two games against Denver and Arizona. And then of course now you're saying, all right, well, now you have Quinn, you have Osa, and you have Kenny. Will we see more five man fronts? And and kind of in Shoddy's way of protecting information but still being you know, real with the crew, he was kind of like, not saying that you won't see it, not saying that you will see it, but this is a game that you might see it. So I guess having that five man front kind of gives them that that that girth in the middle to be able to stop the run. And now how do how do they defend it on on on the outside.
Speaker 4: Well, it's going to be tough because bowers ain't just when you're outside, you know what I mean. And so with that being said, if it's going to be a safety and coverage, if it's gonna be anything like that, you hope that he actually is in the core. So who was ever over top of him could get the jam on him to try to slow him down in some kind of.
Speaker 6: Way before he gets some feel because yeah, because.
Speaker 4: Once they split him out, hey, he's just as dangerous as as any as ferg or any other type of top tight ends in the league as well.
Speaker 6: So that's it's gonna be tricky, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And so as we talked about, he's too big for a safety, you know what I mean, and he's he's too athletic for a linebacker. So it's gonna be a combination of the two hopefully. And then like I said, get some get somebody over him, get somebody to press him a little bit, try to delay his routes, mess up the timing. But other than that, it's gonna that's that's a tough cover for and it ain't just a tough cover for the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Boles is a tough cover for any fair You got.
Speaker 7: Hands on this dude, that's that's one of the things you got to if you give him free releases out there, like if you're safety and you got him and you're trying to play off and boy, he's gonna run right by.
Speaker 3: You're gonna you're gonna get you.
Speaker 6: It's rot you up.
Speaker 3: You gotta get hands on him.
Speaker 7: And if he's in, you know, put a little d n over him before you go into your rush game a lot size. If this guy, tell if he gets free releases, it's curtains, man, it's curtains. He's too fast, too agile. He reminds me of and I believe you were still here. Remember in Washington they had a tight end Jordan Reed. Yeah, he reminds me of Quarterback't that wiggle like this man? He reminds me of that type of dude. Look at you gotta get hands on him because free releases. Once he gets into the deep part of the secondary with no hands on him, he becomes a problem.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a final break of the players lounge, and when we come back, we'll talk more about some of the game planning from the offensive side. What is Dak Prescott?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, how does he bounce back? He's been one who has had a couple, you know, a couple of games he hadn't played at his best. How does he bounce back and get this offense back on the right track. This is the players lounge. We will be right back. Stay here with us.
Speaker 11: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of adage sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kid.
Speaker 6: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 8: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat A. Proun, sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys gambling problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 3: It's game day and raising games. If you want to order like a champ, it's action off the field.
Speaker 12: You need to focus on. The only play you're running is chicken. So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, Chicken fingers and cane Sauce and jugs are freshly made Tea and lemonade, all available to order online or on our a. This season is about to be unbeatable, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love.
Speaker 13: Hey Cowboy fans. Keith Davis here forming Cowboys safety.
Speaker 3: Favosif the azo.
Speaker 13: You know what separates Hamptons from the rest. Making the right move at the right moment, the blockchain dot com. That's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking bold when it mattered most. Now it's your turn. If this'ss like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 5: To the Players Lounge, Capture frame worthy Moon and Holiday photos with Santa at the Start, presented by my Monument Reality.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, real you keep messing this out, brother, see you focus on talking about me and the break and keep messing brother lock in. You got it, you got it, doll you got you can do it. You can do it, you got it.
Speaker 6: You're him.
Speaker 3: Come on, I'm him, all right, A and M Timothy more Let's get there we go.
Speaker 5: Santa will be spreading holiday cheer from November twenty first all the way through Christmas Eve. For more information. To book your visit, head to the Star District dot Com slash center registered before December seventh to save five dollars.
Speaker 3: Timothy more Man, we we're gonna do a pre practice with these with these reasons walk.
Speaker 1: I gotta do.
Speaker 3: I hate the walk. You got you gotta do the walk through you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: A man?
Speaker 7: You know I know Jessie from back, yet bad always come up that. So we're going out to practice full pass whatnot. You know, I'm a young whipper snapper out there just trying to make it come.
Speaker 1: Jesse.
Speaker 3: You know what special teams. You got to the inside punt. You know, inside punt you're working on protections.
Speaker 7: Nobody wanted sixteen on their side, because if sixteen came on your.
Speaker 3: Side, this man always line up. Nothing personal. Everything you trying to look at me out like we're good. Just be good. Nothing personal, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I'm like ship.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, sorry, my god, there not bad. Just brought me back to the story.
Speaker 6: Slipped up.
Speaker 3: It was nothing personal, man like, dang, I let cast know. This is not person. Know I tell people all the time, whatever rep you wanted me to take off, I need five grand like this for every rep.
Speaker 1: Anybody pay for that.
Speaker 3: No, it was it was just it was just the fact of the matter is this is the money that I'll need to collect when they cut me. I need I need a little I need a little nest egg.
Speaker 1: So they do.
Speaker 3: Hey sixteen, everybody, Hey.
Speaker 4: I was the same way playing against the Cowboys. Whenever they put somebody out there with number thirty three on punt and I was on defense, like punt for punt return and then whoever it was.
Speaker 6: Hey man, this ain't got nothing to do, man.
Speaker 3: I was working third shift security. This is I was working third shift security before I won that reality show and came to Cowboys. You telling me the only thing that's stopping me from going back to security is you right now, And I'm like, it ain't personal. I don't want to fight, but if you, if we, I have to every big personally. I love it though, you know that switch me fine.
Speaker 5: I don't think y'all realize until you become a journey man or you're right there on the custom making a roster like that, different type of fear. Like for me, I had the privilege of being your third round pick to going and being out the league and work at home depot. I worked two weeks for a check that was five hundred and sixty seven dollars.
Speaker 1: Boy, as soon as I.
Speaker 5: Got back in the league, the knock on me was that I wouldn't a hard practice player, practice like an undrafted free agent. Every time I came out there, I'm laughing, Hey man, just buckle up, bro, Like this ain't nothing personal.
Speaker 3: Everything practice in the game.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: It was it was go time, brother, Listen, every day. Every day our teams coach Joe d like, come on, man, you gotta get it. I'm like, bro, that's what. But Jody come by to be like good job. What listen, shout out to Jody Camilla. Y'all playing South Carolina. Jody's in South Carolina special teams coach right now. Jody took care of me. He was a man of his word. He was like, man, you take care of me. I'm gonna take care of you. And when it came time, Joe he was like I remember he called me like be ready okay, next day like yo, you up?
Speaker 1: It was up.
Speaker 3: Then I was like, say less personal, so let's finish this thing up. Just finish this thing up right here.
Speaker 1: Doc.
Speaker 3: You know Dak Prescott in this offense, it's been sputtering. Now we're not going to get into the debate because I don't be like, we're not gonna Jesse, that's what it spurred from me. I brought it over here. I got a little messy with it.
Speaker 1: You got dirty Max Church, but we had messy Jesse. Yes.
Speaker 3: But Dak Prescott, he had a run where it was four games Green Bay, New York, Carolina, Washington where he had thirteen touchdowns to zero interceptions, and he set the world on fire. And then it came to playing to excuse me, Denver and then Arizona where he had one touchdown to three interceptions and he had under five hundred yards total in those two games. Passing, they've had a chance to go through the buy and this is usually again circumstances set aside. This is you the time where you're able to step away for a second reflect. Some guys like to go and see their personal trainers and like, let me, let me fine tune my game, let me get back to some of the fundamentals to get back right. So when I had the second half of the season, you know, what do you think Dak Prescott, I'll start with you, ad, what do you think Dak Prescott needs to do to get this offense back on track to where it was that for the most part of this first half of the season.
Speaker 4: You know, I think it doesn't all just come down to deck as well. I think, like you know, I don't know what happened to some of the play calling and things might have changed, but then you had injuries and it was just a lot of other things going on between the offensive line and receivers and everything else like that. So all the shuffling around with the different positional guys and just trying to find some I guess you could say, someplace to stay normal in what was happening, whether it be missing CD or the offensive line like we mentioned right exactly. So to honestly, to get back to it, I think that you're gonna have to get back to some balance.
Speaker 6: And you can't just lean on Dak, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Like Javonte's been running the ball good, all right, so you got to feed him, all right, We got to tight end this out there that is making it work too as well. All right, you got two receivers over here, arguably two ones or one A and a one B, you know, And so with that, you know, I think that we have to figure out a place to take some of the pressure off of Dak to say, like he has to play out of his mind like he did in those first few games, all right, And so if they can get back to that and just figure out a way to get some clock management to through the run game, I think that if that happens and it they're not so far out of the lead in the beginning of the game. I think that in naturally he kind of corrects itself. But you know, once you get behind, and once you're in that place of trying to catch up, and you know the clock ain't working to your favorite whatever, you got to try to do so many different things to score. So hopefully this week it comes down to, you know, with the additions on defense, we're able to get some you know, to to stop them, get off the ball, get off the field on third down, get the ball back to the offense, so they have more possessions with that, and then that being said, they come back to some balance on calls and try to get out there and start starting fast. All right, start fast, and that's gonna be a great, great benefit for de montroy.
Speaker 3: Thirty seconds is was Dak Prescott pressing? And does he does he get back to be a more relaxed role the second half of the season.
Speaker 1: He gets back to it. I think he does.
Speaker 5: You get a lot of people coming back from the bye week. Like you said, he's not the type of player that's gonna sit third and relax, so he's over there paying for the rehab doing all those things. I think they're going to lean back into this run and play action pass and once you alleviated, like my and ay D said, he's gonna go out there and just be comfortable. And once he's comfortable, that's when we've seen his best football.
Speaker 3: Church thirty seconds because we got to do these picks in we had the argument. We didn't have an argument. We had the discussion. We had the men talking about football discussion. I see, Jesse, when Dak comes back into this game against the Oakland Raiders, how balanced should this passing game be? Should he should he focus on getting the ball more than George Pickens or should he stick to what he's been knowing and doing with ceedee Lamb, Like, how how should Doak handle that situation?
Speaker 7: I think it's got to be a balance. I think it can't be swayed too heavily one way or the other. I feel like in the past two games, or maybe two games before that, when when CD finally got back, you saw like a target share of you know, ten eight or eight six going one way.
Speaker 1: Or the other.
Speaker 3: So I feel like you got to have that balance.
Speaker 7: But the key offensively for them to get back on track is they just gotta get back and taking care of the football I mean when you look at it Dak against Arizona, believe he had an interception or cup.
Speaker 3: They lost a couple of fumbles, Denver two picks.
Speaker 7: That's something that we didn't see up to those last two weeks, Like he was taking care of the football, win, loser, draw. So he got to get back to taking care of the football, not forcing too much and not you know, being too risky out there. It just kind of take what the defense gives you. I know they ain't gonna be sexy downfield throws, but if that got you got third right there, five yards over the ball, mang go ahead, hit third, make it a third and manageable rather than a third and eight to ten, because that's when this offense starts to struggle when you get those longer done down the distances, because this offensive line doesn't really hold up against the pass for us that well. So you got to start winning on first and second down. And I believe that's where that gonna get better going forward. At least I think that's what's gonna happen because this offense needs it too.
Speaker 3: All right, fellas, we got football tonight, Thursday night football, and so it's time to get your picks in the night for Thursday Night football. We have the New England Patriots versus the Jets. Right, that's what's the NFC excuse me, AFC East Conference match? Right yeah, each match right there. So I'm assuming I'm getting this right. We go run the room.
Speaker 1: We make it in New England.
Speaker 3: What is it that, Chris, It's in New England. It's in New England. So man, all right, ad what you got New England Patriots verse the New York Jets. Jets winner of too in a row? Okay, yeah, the Jets they want, yeah in a row for the Jets.
Speaker 4: Said, I'm still gonna go with the Patriots. I got the Patriots twenty eight, I got the Jets seventeen.
Speaker 3: I had no love and belief in on on Aaron Glenn right there. You know, so much love for your dB brothers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yet I'm looking at what the Patriots doing.
Speaker 5: I hate to have to go against my dog Chris banjoin the special team coordinator up there.
Speaker 1: And why But you know where I'm going, Drake may I told you at the beginning of the season, I think it's gonna be a heel.
Speaker 5: I think it's gonna be I think they gonna get like thirty one thirty two to like twenty four.
Speaker 7: Man, it's gonna be a it's gonna be whatever they call it, beat down anywhere everywhere. So I'm going to New England in this one thirty one fourteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Drake May and very brawl. And I hate to admit this because I do not like this guy.
Speaker 1: I don't like.
Speaker 3: To me, if Josh McDaniels butt was on fire, I wouldn't spit on it. I don't like Josh m just saved my life. But he got these boys rolling off, He got these boys rolling on office, and I can't hate. I don't like him, I can't hate man. So I'm taking New England as well. Man, give me New England twenty four jets ten. Yeah that's my friend Criss Christy. You get one in on thisa too. Just to guys new he picked the New England Patriots. Smart smart smart but all right, man, that'll do it for us. Yeah, one more day. I get a chance to be with you guys, say yeah, yeah, what had yeah yeah double Jesse customer Yeah yeah yeah, oh double o, double up. Oh listen and ain't personal and a person business baby strictly business all right man for Barry Church for Devonte said, I am I am Jesse Holly. This is the Players Lows.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club