Speaker 1: I think the best thing to do would be get another panda. It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: But before we get to that, it's time to finally answer the question that's been on so many minds. How has Rosie O'Donnell reacted to Mika and Joe visiting Trump?
Speaker 1: Wow, stretch? Can you imagine giving a shit? Half a shit?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine being so I don't know, dope, be an odd that you'd be like, oh my god, Rosie's talking about Joe and Beeker going down to mar A Lago. Anyway, this is what she said, So.
Speaker 3: Mika and Joe went down to mar Largo to kiss the ring. So last time I ever watched Morning Joe, period and statement, unreal, unreal. For months, you were telling us he's the worst thing that could happen to this country and democracy, and then you.
Speaker 4: Go kiss his ring. Despicable, despicable You.
Speaker 2: First of all, you can't say end of statement, then keep talking. It's just a yeah, right, I just right about that one part. But I don't blame the viewers who have reacted that way. Wait a second, you can't spend four entire hours every day one talking about this guy's hitler and the end of it. It's the end of civilization.
Speaker 1: And two, how there's no possible way he can win, And then you lay out your argument, why, here's the data that shows he can't win, and then turns out you were wrong. He could win easily. And two then you're like, what are you gonna do? Let's go have lunch with him. What right? So there's actually data. On this Monday, a six am hour of Morning Joe had one hundred and thirteen thousand viewers in demo. By the way, that ain't enough people to have all of those salaries and all of those people and all those cameras and everything like that. I don't know how long that can last. But Monday it was one hundred and thirteen thousand people in demo, and then the next day after their big announcement, eighty one thousand. That's a pretty big drop off in one day.
Speaker 2: Holy cow. That reminds me of the Washington Post losing a quarter of a million subscribers when they did the right.
Speaker 1: Thing and coincidentally or not.
Speaker 2: Not endorsing the moron.
Speaker 1: Komla coincidentally are not the big parent company that owns all the so many of those cable news channels announced that they're going to spin off some of them and made noises that MSNBC is probably not going to be packaged with NBC anymore. So I don't know. I don't know. Nobody knows what's going on there. And I guess Scarborough and Miko talked yesterday about we might be done in a year, and Mika said we might be done tomorrow. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: And they were beating CNN in a lot of day parts and a lot of demos, So could this be? I mean, and the trend line is unmistakable if you're running a cable news network.
Speaker 1: Well, one thing that happened this presidential election, and Trump made it more clear than anyone, is the change in the media landscape. You can go on Joe Rogan and on election Day it was like seventy five million views. I don't know what it's up to now, seventy five million by going on Joe Rogan versus you could have gone on Joe and Mika and had eighty thousand people see you.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, Well, change change, it's inevitable.
Speaker 1: So here's my thing on maybe we ought to get another pandem my I don't know where I am on video games with my kids. I really don't. I know, I've read a lot of the studies and all that sort of stuff. But see, when I was young, they talked about how awful television was for you, and I don't feel like other than opportunity cost, which is not a minor thing, but other than opportunity costs, I don't feel like television did any damage to me. But again, not that opportunity cost is not a big deal because you are doing the control group of what of you?
Speaker 2: You're the experiment group?
Speaker 1: You watch TV? How the control group? Well, I don't have any idea, but I just I certainly don't.
Speaker 2: Have that truth bomb right there. You shouldn't think it is. I doved for cover, I've got I got divine.
Speaker 1: There are plenty of things in my life I was warned against that I can tell you right now. Yes, they were bad for me, and that was a bad idea. I don't feel that way about television. But so I don't know where I am on video games and video games. There's different lots of different kinds of video games, but this particular one that my son is into now. He also has a lot of other issues and to a certain extent, him playing this video game is better than a lot of other things he could be doing or thinking about. But there's this video game that he got into, and I don't know how he came to discover. It's called Planet Zoo and it's you running a zoo.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've heard of that, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And the version that you pay for, because there's a free version that's kind of a smaller version then the version you pay for, which we bought the other day. It's running a business. They made it a zoo to make it more interesting for kids, but I mean it is so exhaustive in its different ways that it's like running a business, Like keeping track of how many people are visiting and which exhibits they're visiting, and what that exhibit costs, and whether or not it's a good idea to keep that exhibit if only this many, and just hiring people you're having trouble hiring people, and then what you got to pay them more to keep them around, and just all these different things. It's just fascinating, and I'm fascinated that my son's so into it.
Speaker 2: So I'm jealous that I didn't have that as a kid.
Speaker 1: Kittie I grew up on.
Speaker 5: They were obviously not of the graphs that we see now, but there were Zoo Tycoon. There's also a new one that I will admit I play at times that you build and run a theme park and you can build the roller coasters, and then you decide where the food goes and how to generate traffic going in certain directs.
Speaker 1: It's really cool. That is interesting. Like he had a panda display and it was getting some traffic, but not that much, so he just added a whole bunch to his panda display to try to make it more appealing to people who visit the zoo. He had to spend a whole bunch of the money that he had saved up from the zoo on it, so it better work out. But it's just really that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: If he ever consider a pandas.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'll just said that to him. This is what you do after the zoo closes and you're gonna have to get this out through the dark web or something like that. You stage panda fights, barbars, you charge people. You know they're gonna have to pay you cash because he can't have this on the books.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Like fifty thousand get to walk in the door. Then the wagering, you get the vig right.
Speaker 1: You might need a vet who's on the payroll also on the sly.
Speaker 2: Wow, I regret my own.
Speaker 1: Joke this turn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna say, if he ever gets tired of the zoo, there are theme parks there, arcade centers, and then I believe there's another one where it's you can build a stadium and decide where you put the all the stuff for people to explore.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool. Yeah, if nothing else, just the number of different things that made him think about that you wouldn't normally think about. Like he was open till he thought it'd be a good idea to be open till nine o'clock at night or something of the zoo, but nobody was coming in that late, and it was costing a lot of money to have employees around, so he cut back the hours. Oh this is fantastic. I couldn't love this more. What an interesting idea for a game. And I'm surprised it's so popular. It's really popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm encouraged that it's popular like that, And again I'm jealous. I wish i'd had that as a kid. I mean, it gets your your brain going in so many different directions that are necessary to understand the world and business.
Speaker 1: And if video games could go that direction or have gone that direction, and then you add I and add in an AI element that might be able to make it even more amazing. Those could be some tremendous learning tools.
Speaker 2: Then you graduate to Hoe Palace where you're running a brothel when.
Speaker 1: You're about fifteen. You want to run Hoe Palace.
Speaker 2: Right, you gotta you gotta pay the girls and or guys. You gotta pay off the cops the strip club.
Speaker 1: And like your son will say, yeah, Candy hurt her ankle so she can't hang upside down from the pole anymore. So I had to lay her off.
Speaker 2: Right. Oh my god, Candy is a real you know, a real producer. Maybe you have her ten bar for a little bit, you know, keep her on the payroll till our ankle is healed. See, you gotta be creative. You gotta think you know the cost benefits.
Speaker 1: I hired a new DJ. I thought I would bring in more money, but it didn't make any difference whatsoever. Complete waste guys. Put your hands together for Candy.
Speaker 2: Oh now, I feel slimy.
Speaker 4: You should, you know, as Like when I was a kid, my parents got me this game put up by the DMV called Smog Control. You got to stand in line in real time for like two hours and then finally you earn some money and then you get the car smogged. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like the idea of a DMV simulator.
Speaker 2: Oh what do you hate your kid?
Speaker 4: Well, I guess that's it.