Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network, live.
Speaker 2: From San Francisco. I'm a Sports Byline Broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike Sempervv.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Let's get it off.
Speaker 4: Let's get it Mike Sempervv here with you for the next hour talking about professional wrestling, which is something we do every single day here on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network. Tune in, iHeart American Forces Radio, Cable Radio Network, two Sports Byline dot Com over the air affiliates. Maybe you're listening via podcast or video streaming on Twitch or YouTube. However you're joining us today, just like to say thank you. Hopefully, wherever you are it sunny outside, even if not, hopefully it's sunny inside your mind. Nice out here today on del Marva. I'm not sure where it's like, what it's like where Brian is right now. I assume he told everybody yesterday that he would not be here. If not, he's not here, he'll be back tomorrow. But it does allow for a second straight day of Filthy, Tom Lawler up in your ears, so there you go. He'll be joining me after the break. Marty Garral Fat Tuesday, I'll find out if Filthy gives up anything for Lent. There's a lot to get into today. Last night's raw, the big question could WWE maintain the momentum they had coming out of elimination Chamber. The answer was yes. They started it off hot, really good show from Piller to post.
Speaker 3: It really was.
Speaker 4: But it started off really hot with a fight and a pull apart between CM Punk and Seth Rollins. It ended with a surprise World Women's title change. Eo Sky is your new champion after beating Rhea Ripley. Does that mean it's going to be Eo and Bona at WrestleMania. A press release issued today by WWE says that that is the case, but will Real work her way back into things we can talk about that definitely going to talk about the big news of the day, which is a possible injury to WWE champion Cody Rhodes, a ruptured ear drum literally at the hand of Travis Scott. Is it something that is going to keep him out of WrestleMania. No, But to put it mildly, it is not a optimal situation. NXTY is tonight going head to head with the President's State of the Union address.
Speaker 3: Which, if tradition holds.
Speaker 4: Will mean nothing when it comes to how nxt is going to fare in the ratings or run down what they have planned for tonight, plus a lot of an Italian nighthart news, all of a sudden WWE filing for a new trademark ratings news, and much much more. Dolthy joins me after the break Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 5: Okay, have a little fun. Do you use the expensive blue pill to perform better? Are you thinking about it?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: What if we can promise you results for less than one dollar a pill? Okay, So, these same pills can cost you thirty dollars or more at a pharmacy, and our better blue pill works for less than one dollar a pill. You'll save twenty nine dollars or more per pill. And right now we'll give you one hundred and twenty blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Have a little fun and call right now get one hundred and twenty of our better blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Don't overpay for the other blue pills. Call steel Man Pills right now and get the better blue pill for less than one dollar a pill. Call one eight hundred buy Blue. One eight hundred buy blue. It's easy to remember. One eight hundred buy blue. That's one eight hundred buy b l ue. And thanks for calling.
Speaker 6: I am an American veteran. I'm proud to have served this country. Helping veterans is something all Americans can participate in, and it's as simple as donating an old car that you have sitting around. When you call the Veteran Car Donation Program, they'll explain how their program works, and then a range of time they can come and pick up your vehicle for free, running or not, it doesn't matter. They take cars, trucks, motorcycles, or vans. Show your support by donating your car and get a tax deduction in the process. Call the Veteran Card Donation Program right now. They'll come and pick your car up for free, and you get a tax deduction in the process. Call the number we're about to give you right now. Thank you and God bless America.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred eight eighty seven one own ninety seven eight hundred eight eighty seven one oh ninety seven eight hundred eight eight seven one oh ninety seven. That's eight hundred eight eight seven ten ninety seven.
Speaker 5: Are you tired of me making trip after trip on doctor visits only to get wrong medications that waste time, money and cause you side effects. If you're on Medicare, call for a free medical assessment and determine which medications are right for you based on your genetic makeup with our convenient swap test performed in your home and mailed to our laboratory. No more trial and error. The results will tell you and your doctor which medications you don't need and identify more appropriate replacements. If you're on Medicare and take multiple medications, call now for our genetic testing service at little or no cost to you. It starts with a call for a free medical assessment and evaluation of your Medicare coverage. Make this free call right now.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred nine four eight six eight one four eight hundred nine four eight six' eight one four eight hundred nine four eight six eight one. Four that's eight hundred nine four eight sixty eight.
Speaker 2: Fourteen you are listening To Wrestling Observer live With Brian alvarez And MIKE simpervv on The Sports Byline Broadcasting.
Speaker 4: Network welcome back to the, Show mike SIMPER vv And Filthy Tom lawler here with. You Jim valley joins you On saturday's beginning at one Pm, eastern And andrew Js arian joins you at six Pm. Eastern On, sundays remember to set your clocks, ahead spring, forward make sure everything's, right make sure you get to Andrews aian right on time six pm this Coming. Sunday i'd also love it if you made The Wrestling news part of your. Day you can find it wherever you find your favorite podcast or on YouTube or at The wrestlingnews dot com and At Wrestling news av ON x And facebook every single day of the. Year everything you need to know to get you up, today get your day, started or get you to your favorite long form review podcast Like Wrestling Observer radio where there is a new edition of those up there right now for subscribers With dave And. Brian brian is also available to answer your questions in. PERSON fow online dot, com Slash. Vegas that's where you need to go to get all of your, stuff all of your tickets and information on the upcoming f FUR w convention In Las. Vegas also In Las, vegas you can Find Filthy Tom, lawler who is a gesturing off screen right now to me during that entire entire deal.
Speaker 3: There do you want another Black, Eye, Tom i'll do that for.
Speaker 8: YOU i was done with The glazon because we need to get to some big news in the world of. Wrestling big what a big, weekend and you weren't here yesterday to talk about. It we got to hear your thoughts on all that's.
Speaker 3: HAPPENED i can't believe that that's what you want to talk.
Speaker 4: ABOUT i figured you, say like The Big News's Power slap is going to be available for free on YouTube and you can watch page bands hand slap everybody.
Speaker 8: AROUND i guess, no but thank you for that. INFORMATION i do think that people needed to hear. That, Actually Power slap will be taking place This friday as well at The Fountain blue and you can find that here in the last. Ballroom, yes, yeah ahead OF ufc three, thirteen which this will probably be the only time we talk about it this entire, week even though it'll be the highest grossing professional wrestling action of the entire. Week but, yeah Big Fight, Week Big Wrestling weekend as. Well Professional WRESTLING aw has a pay per view and just tons and tons of news coming out OF.
Speaker 4: Wwe, yeah, Well Cody rhodes has got to be the biggest. News AND i don't know if he suffered a ruptured ear drum or. Not he took some trauma to that, ear that is for. Sure apparently he's got a black eye as well due to the slap he received From Travis scott after he was beaten down By John cena On Saturday night At Elimination. Chamber on last Night's, raw was announced That cody would address THE wwe universe On Friday Night, SmackDown and a lot of, people Oh, GOD i would have Killed Travis scott when he got to the.
Speaker 3: Back. Yeah, probably maybe you would.
Speaker 4: Have but it's hard to Blame Travis, scott who is a guy that was PROBABLY i don't, know burning stage in the, ring but he is not a tream. Fighter he is known to be the highest in the.
Speaker 8: Room, yes, so and he was going sicko mode out, there that's for.
Speaker 4: Sure Cody rhoades is laying there on his face And scott measures him, up and you, know maybe he was trying to his. Cheek, look you have a guy that is not a trained professional out there and just in slap him and yeahs energy here and these. Happened this, thing these things.
Speaker 8: Happen they talk about synergy all the time between these. Products we Got Power slap coming up On. Friday what better way to promote it than in the main event Of Elimination chamber with With Travis scott out there Whacking Cody rhodes in a face as hard as he possibly could. AFTER i, mean that's that stage must be a dangerous thing to. Smoke you.
Speaker 4: Know maybe it's FOR D, chess maybe we're missing this is what we think it's going to, be but.
Speaker 8: It's actual or by FOR D, chess it's.
Speaker 4: Actually John cena in the hip hop, community And John cena And Travis scott will to get together And John cena will do an update of His trademark album from back in the.
Speaker 8: DAY i, ACTUALLY i actually do think because there's been a lot of talk About Travis scott preparing to wrestle on a. Match probably along the way In John cena's retirement tour towards the, end he could do some celebrity tag team match With Travis scott in there As John, cena's you, know back to his rapping ways of a babyface before ruthless.
Speaker 4: Aggression let's say you were talked into, That, okay you're gonna lay there And Travis scott is gonna slap you upside the head because that'll put the icing on this cake of the insult after being laid out, There, okay and that happens and you get hit in the ear and you possibly rupt your your ear. Drum is the first thing you do when you go to the. Back do you Slap Travis scott or do you slap the agent and whoever came up with this, idea because it isn't really more on them than it Is Travis. SCOTT i, mean, honestly if it comes to you have somebody who doesn't know what they're doing and this accident, HAPPENS.
Speaker 8: I, mean do you think this was something that was talked about in the. Back do you think they, said like we're gonna we're gonna pin him, Down we're gona Have Travis scott wind up and whack. Him or did this just happen in the heat of? Things you, know did did if Did cody in the, back Did cody The, okay If tom don't run me over, here don't run me Over.
Speaker 3: I'm i'm not gonna dave.
Speaker 8: You but, look steamroller coming.
Speaker 3: Out let's just stop right.
Speaker 4: There if it happened in the heat of the, moment then then you go to the back in my, opinion and you give it right back To Travis scott because you got too caught up in the moment and now you have to pay for, this especially IF i have damage to my. Ear i'm gonna get a little revenge back on you in the. Back BUT i could see it being planned where they, said, look he's gonna slap, you maybe upside the, head on the top of the. Head maybe he was supposed to hit. Cheek but even THEN i bet it was supposed to be just upside the. Head and well he ended up cupping his.
Speaker 3: Ear.
Speaker 8: Yeah well another thing is do you Think cody goes in the back and he's, like, oh, MAN i KNOW i have a ruptured ear. Drum, no he's probably thinking, like, OH i got hit somewhere out. There this is killing. Me but you probably didn't know the severity of the. Injury and you, know if there's anybody that's. Professional It's Cody, rhodes So i'm sure he was, unhappy But i'm sure it was dealt with in a professional.
Speaker 4: Manner you, know you Like Travis scott Is robin he was doing a good cosplay On Saturday. NIGHT i, THOUGHT i.
Speaker 8: Don't look who was going to be His Carl. Malone oh, God. DRAKE i mean he fits the profile.
Speaker 4: Right my favorite match On Saturday night Was Kevin owens In Sammy's Ain and When brian told me you can have the day, off it, said, Fine we'll go make pasta. SAUCE i got some THINGS i needed to, do and that's WHAT i. Did BUT i wanted him to say that that was my favorite match of the, night and that's my match of.
Speaker 3: The year so, far for this, year and for two.
Speaker 4: Reasons one because the match was awesome AND i didn't know how these Two i've seen do everything, Before how could they actually kind of up? It and they did, that AND i thought it was. Great they had mood. Lighting you didn't think about it because these two were just killing each. Other it was a hardcore match at the end of the, day with all the plunder and all that stuff that they. Use it was a hardcore, match and it proves again if you got the right two, people you got the right story and the right emotion and the right credibility of two, people you could have all the weapons in the world in there and it could still be the match of the. Year and, Again i'm like a goldfish anymore with my memory when it comes to rolodexing things. Quickly maybe there have been a ton of other great matches this, year but it recently at least that's my.
Speaker 8: Favorite, Well Gabe kid And Kenny. Omega that was. Awesome, yeah, Yeah so there have been a number of good. MATCHES i don't know that this would be my match of the. Year it was a very good, match AND i think it was a good cap to this feud for. Now, obviously these guys are gonna be intertwined for their, careers for the rest of their, lives you, know so to move, Away like you mentioned On, friday you predicted this would have And Randy orton came out at the, end and now it looks like we're gonna move on To Kevin owens And Randy orton probably At, WrestleMania And sammy's ain should be on the shelf for a little. BIT i don't think we said should see him for a while and, maybe you, know maybe he makes his return At WrestleMania, there but that.
Speaker 3: Would be a great.
Speaker 4: Match, yeah and they you, know they will talk about it when it comes to rawl a little bit later on when we review. It but you, know they Mentioned sammy's ain has reaggravated his neck. Injury he's going to be out for quite some. Time and, yes we still have quite some time to go Before, WrestleMania about what's six weeks. Away but last night they really started to lay out some matches and some things moving, forward which, included you, know the possibility of Aj styles And Logan Paul drew McIntyre And Damien priese is something THAT i think is going to be, coming but Also Randy orton And Kevin owens seems to be a guarantee For. Rustlemania it's just a matter of to, me what's sipulation you go and put on that. Match we'll be Back Wrestling Observer.
Speaker 3: Live Flat.
Speaker 2: You are listening To Wrestling Observer live With Brian alvarez And mike semperviv on The Sports Byline Broadcasting.
Speaker 4: Network back on the, Show Mike simper vv And, Filthy Tom lawler here with, You Brian. Alvarez we'll be back on the show. Tomorrow who knows Where Natalia nightheart is going to be showing. Up she's headed to Blood, sport we know that for. Sure Josh barnett announced that she will compete During Blood sport, thirteen taking place On april seventeenth During WrestleMania. Weekend she now joins Me yamashta listen to this, one, Folks David, Mazaman, Schevilli Timothy. Thatcher it was pretty. Good it was not went, great but pretty. Good Timothy, Thatcher Simon, gotch Shinye, Oki Jonathan gresham and oh, Yeah Philthy Tom lawler will also be on that. Show Marks natalia's first appearance AT. Gcw since she resigned WITH wwe last, fall she's mostly appeared On Main event And. Speed she last competed On raw during The Women's Intercontinental Title, tournament losing in the qualifying three way AGAINST eo And Alba Fire Mudzman sphili Versus Natalia's, GOD i was gonna, say versus you do you want to deal with?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 3: Still? What two hundred and eighty pounds Large georgian.
Speaker 8: Man you, know you know WHAT i was thinking, earlier not to like deflect off, that but my dream person to see In Blood sport right now would Be otis really and, YEAH i Mean Greco roman champion. Wrestler how awesome Would? Otis Says Shinya. Aoki Be. Ashley can you imagine.
Speaker 4: That that would be something Else i'm trying to think.
Speaker 3: Of who was? It Oh, god was It gono who threw the knee bar?
Speaker 4: On it was one of those, big, large you, know large guy for small guy matchups where it was just like it was a flying knee bar or something like, that rolling and got the. SUBMISSION i mean we've seen probably, Man, yeah probably was in The pashido days or something like. That but these shows obviously are right up your. Alley everybody on there is a fan of the, grappling that is for. Sure is there anybody that you would want to? Face it doesn't, Matter i'm sure to you who they put in front of, You but are there? Anybody is there anybody out there that you would love to see and face off against on one of these?
Speaker 8: SHOWS i, mean, yeah, Actually Shinya, aoki if we're looking at this, list you, KNOW i don't know when ELSE i would get a chance to face. Him it's not like he makes many appearances in THE. Us he's a Wrestling Timothy, THATCHER i believe in the D dt show that will take place also at The, Palms SO i don't know if they're gonna run that back at Blood. Sport, maybe but that's a guy WHO i don't know when ELSE i would get a chance to lock horns with, Him so that would be One i'd be interested. In but they're All they're, all you, know tough. Guys i've wrestled a few of them, already so you, know always good action at Blood, sport one of the best pre eminent events of these big PL e weekend extravaganzas always.
Speaker 4: GOOD i don't, know let's see Mir yamashta is obviously the only other woman that has been, announced BUT i don't. Know Masha islamovich In natalia is something THAT i wouldn't probably mind seeing and it probably wouldn't.
Speaker 8: Leave tna is running at the same, time, oh head to, head.
Speaker 4: So it takes that one out of the, mix but too. Bad, Well, natalia, though is going to be. Everywhere possibly she might be IN. Tna it would make sense at some point if she, is she's going to be wrestling for believe it or, Not Billy Corgan's National Wrestling, Alliance The Crack Crocket Cup. Show IF i can talk, today excuse?
Speaker 8: Me the?
Speaker 4: What, yes the Old Jim Crockett. Cup we never talked about, it but.
Speaker 8: OH i thought it was a way to segue into THE.
Speaker 4: Nwa that's A Crocket cup, Show Jim crockett see Your Memorial Cup may, SEVENTEENTH Ecw arena In. Philadelphia this is the most THE nwa has been in the news Since Father James mitchell ingested some not cocaine at a pay per view that apparently got them knocked off THE. Cw but last week was announced THAT Nwa World Heavyweight Champion Thomas latimer would be defending his title Against Bishop dyer formerly known As Baron corbin For Maple Leaf pro the weekend Of march fourteenth and fifteenth And WINDSOR.
Speaker 3: I how about that? One how about you And Baron corbin on a blood sports? Show?
Speaker 8: YEAH i Believe Baron corbin just won a jiu jitsu tournament over either this past weekend or the weekend. BEFORE i saw so he's still out there. Competing not a guy if you're like forty year old purple belt dad with a couple of kids that you want to run into on the weekend in The brazilian jiu jitsu. Ranks but he's out, there he's out there doing it and he you, Know i'd love To i'd love to get my hands on Old Bishop. Dyer is that his? Name he apparently some of, that some of the PAIN i had to endure watching him ON raw as The, CONSTABLE i can then impart on.
Speaker 4: Him did you Like constable more Than Happy Days Baron corbyn Or Happy Go, lucky whatever the hell it Was when he Had Riddick moss as.
Speaker 8: His light, MAN i enjoyed. That, actually let's see he.
Speaker 4: Did Ray phoenix will not get that character when he debuts IN, wwe which apparently is going to be at any time, now according to a report yesterday From Mike johnson that indicated that he is all done now WITH aw and he is going to be on his way TO, wwe as everybody believes has long belief that he would end up. Anyway we'll see how things go if he can make it in time Before Russell Mania i'll wait for any other comments on that until we talk about THE lwo thing And Ray mysterio DURING rall last, night Aw Dynamite Tomorrow Night live From, sacramento the go home show For Sunday's revolution pay per. View they have not announced a ton so. Far it Is Adam copeland Against Wheeler yudah's cop probably Kills, udah one would think hospital everyone on his way To John, Moxley Megan bain And penelope For it Against Chris statlander and Thunder, rosa which should be better than the standoff that they had a couple of weeks. Ago swerve In ricochet in a contract signing as well. Too, Tom you're not going to be here the rest of this, week at, LEAST i hope for your sake that you are not called upon anymore this week and this is all out of the way for, you but leading Into revolution this, weekend anything that you know catches your eye that you're most looking forward to coming up on that.
Speaker 9: Show, Boy you're really lucky That i'm actually here and. Listening, NO i think the thing That i'm really looking forward to is being able to See. Kenny that match should be great Against. TAKESHTA i haven't had a chance to See kenny live, yet and the same ghost For Osprey Osprey fletcher in.
Speaker 8: A cave a.
Speaker 9: CAGE a cave would be interesting, too but in a, cage that one's going to be pretty special.
Speaker 4: Too, well thank, You, tom but you were going to be, here you, know a couple more times this week where we could have gotten your thoughts on. That tom's thoughts were the ONES i.
Speaker 8: Wanted i'm so SORRY i Heard dom you. Know oddly, enough that's exactly WHAT i was gonna.
Speaker 4: Say, no really is that WHAT i? Did, well that's how it. Goes moving, On, tom what are your thoughts on the?
Speaker 8: SHOW i just that's exactly WHAT i was gonna. Say tom gave them to. YOU i have nothing else to.
Speaker 4: ADD nxt tonight on THE cw and internationally On netflix from THE pc In. Orlando last week was a really good, show unlike this show, today which is setting new, lows which is something with me hosting. It that show ended up doing a really good. Number this one it's probably gonna fall off a little. Bit it was NXT's best show in a. Month seven hundred and ninety Nine Bad people at point one nine in the eighteen to forty nine year old Demo, tonight it does go up against The state Of Reunion state of The union address By President. Trump and as we've talked about plenty of times when it comes TO, nxt even though real life stories and situations will AFFECT aw and to a certain, Degree SmackDown And raw when it was ON, USA nxd seems to be one of the most bulletproof, Shows so we'll see if their good luck keeps. Up this, WEEK Tna World Tag Team champions The Hardy boys have announced been announced as Appearing North american title on the, Line Tony DiAngelo Against Sean, Spears Klannie jordan Against Jada, Parker WOMEN'S Us, Champion Chelsea green And Piper niven face off Against Soul ruka And. Zaria and this is all leading to THE nxt stand and deliver next Pl WrestleMania, Weekend april nineteenth from T. Mobile, actually we're going to get though the Special roadblock episode OF nxt coming, up and it has been announced today BY ava on social media that we are going to get A New York city street fight Between Javon evans And Ethan. Page and as street fights go In New York city anymore if you can't be caught with a, gun so we know that won't be used up. There can you imagine the violence here Between javon And Ethan page and Will javon gets some revenge and Stomp Ethan page's jaw As ethan?
Speaker 8: Did IS i, mean quite, frankly For brian's? SAKE i hope. NOT i Hope Ethan page keeps beating On Javon evans so we get to hear about it on every show That brian gets the host or talk on at. All but, Uh, Mike one of the REASONS i think why THE nxt numbers so bulletproof is a large portion of that audience can't change the channel with their hand down their. Pants so.
Speaker 4: Are you saying that the is that because of the the best women's, division as they have claimed call, themselves or is that just because of the show in? General do you think people you, know See obafemi and get excited or are you are you kind of putting this all on The julias And corrige aides of the.
Speaker 8: WORLD i thought it was a comment we could just move on.
Speaker 4: From oh, oh, well you threw it out. There no, bread no, water just. Me we'll be, back rusting observer.
Speaker 10: Alive i'm holding in my hand The american Silver eagle. Dollar it's a beautiful piece of A american history and it's one ounce of silver originally minted in nineteen eighty. Six these coins are a, beautiful classic piece Of american, history and they're a great investment you should add to your. Portfolio the beauty of silver is, that however much you have available to, invest silver is affordable and easy to, acquire with one coin costing around thirty. Dollars so if you choose to invest a few thousand in, silver you can get quite a bit for your, money and you'll have a tangible asset that you can hold one you can be proud to. Own claim your piece Of american history With american Silver eagle. Dollars call The Silver hotline right.
Speaker 7: Now eight hundred six two oh one six two four eight hundred six two oh one six two, four eight hundred six two oh one six two. Four that's eight hundred six two oh sixteen twenty.
Speaker 11: Four one out of Two americans thinks their life is worthy of a. Book here's another startling. Stack you may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of the six percent that got halfway through, it but your gem of an idea likely died or did. It some published authors are making significant, money so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help From Dorance. Publishing call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely, written published and then taken to market to sell. It it's a free, consultation so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours. Published make your dreams. Happen Call Dourance publishing right.
Speaker 7: Now eight hundred four eight five six thousand and three eight hundred four to eight five six thousand, three eight hundred four eight five six thousand. Three that's eight hundred four eighty five six zero zero.
Speaker 5: Three do you Have medicare and do you use a sepath? Machine this is A National Healthcare our alert regarding YOUR seapap. Supplies using a CLEAN seapap mask and clean supplies is important to staying. Healthy the best way to make sure YOUR seatpap equipment is, clean is to get new. Supplies if you Have, medicare we have great. News medicare will pay for you to have new clean supplies every ninety. Days we'll even do all the paperwork for you to make sure that there's little to no out of pocket cost to, you and you don't even have to leave your. Home we provide free in home. Delivery so if you're A seapap user and you Have, medicare staying healthy with NEW seatpap equipment is. Easy just make this free phone call right now to get.
Speaker 7: Started Sponsored Bvice Specialty medical eight hundred nine one three nine seven three, nine eight hundred nine one three nine seven three, nine eight hundred nine one three nine seven three. Nine that's eight hundred nine one three ninety seven thirty.
Speaker 10: Nine looking looking, Them look at?
Speaker 2: Them, hell look at, Me look at. Them you were listening To Wrestling Observer life With Brian alfarez And mike Simper vivi on The Sports Byline Broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Network back to the show of A Living.
Speaker 4: Dad mike semper viv here with you along with Filthy Tom lawler filling in very poorly For Brian alvarez, Today but that's. Okay we do three hundred and sixty five days of these shows in some combination.
Speaker 3: Filthy we do about what one hundred of them every. Year this is by far our.
Speaker 8: WORST i don't. Know don't make promises you can't. Keep that's. True there's been some nuggets in, there.
Speaker 4: As As Robert fuller once said To Jerry, jarrett When Jerry jarrett looked At Robert fuller's booking and noticed.
Speaker 8: That they ARE i thought you were going to say something.
Speaker 4: ELSE a bunch of Empty this has been a long day for, YOU a bunch of empty seats. Everywhere you, Know, ROBERT i don't think you can get much. Worse And robert was. Offended oh yes it. Can we're on the right path. There right after that From Tom, lawler what are you talking?
Speaker 3: About is uh? Uh with never.
Speaker 4: Mind On march, SECOND wwe trademark the term The culling and Is Joseph courrier noted in his report on our. Website while there's been no confirmation of what the trademark is, for there are a couple OF nxt groups that do not have names. Yet And, tom if you had to attach the name The culling to a, group would it be To Deon, lennox The bookworm and his new, group or would it be For Sean spears and his collection of wacky.
Speaker 3: MISFITS i don't.
Speaker 8: Know that's an awful name.
Speaker 3: Regarding Male Ki. Black is he gonna do some? Magic Maybe.
Speaker 4: Dom And i'm Saying dom D m this. Time could you look up that definition for us? Please as you go ahead and do, That i'll move on To raw last, NIGHT i got?
Speaker 8: It what is?
Speaker 3: It the official?
Speaker 9: Definition the act of removing individuals from a group based on certain characteristics can also be used for, animals, employees or other.
Speaker 4: Groups so if we use that in the, sentence it's possible after today's show That Brian alvarez will do some culling from the ranks of hosts of this.
Speaker 3: Show absolutely.
Speaker 4: After the elimination chamber Of highlight. Package last Night's raw kicked off with an incredible cmpunk. Promo he stormed down to the, rank kicked over the prime, display jumped onto the announced. Table he cut his promo right to the. Camera he Called rock a bald, fraud bald bald. Fraud he called himself middle aged and crazy and said he felt like hell to get into the main event At mania while the rock just walked in and big timed. Everyone punk told him to stop pretending like he loved the. Business he would never stoop to wearing a fake title, belt and he'd never sell his. Soul he then tore Into John. Cena after twenty years now everyone can see what he knew all, along which is What John cena was just full of. Bs punk said that he'd see both of the bald frauds down the, road and then transitioned to Seth. Rollins punk said That Becky lynch better come get her man before he put him in a. Wheelchair rollins music. Hits he comes, Out he's not dressed Like liberachi's. Stylist punk jumps off the. Desk he starts running up the. Ramp rollins was waiting for. Him it was on from, there, brawl pull, apart, brawl break, away pull, apart constant with. That as they went into a commercial. Break if you pay for the top tier Of, netflix you would see that they started brawling. Again and then when we got back from break it was a segment with the Judgment. Dave but this whole thing went FOR i don't know about ten twelve minutes and a hell of a way to start the, show especially coming off of that great show On Saturday.
Speaker 8: Night, YEAH i thought this was fa, fantastic what a hot, start and it was exactly what it should have. Been these guys hate each, other and based on their actions you could, tell, boy they wasted no time as soon as they saw each. Other it was on. Site they're Like Peter griffin and The. Chicken they just will not stop going at. It AND i thought it was one of the better brawls THAT i can, remember you, know, really just great work for both.
Speaker 4: Guys i'm gonna say the live, rounds but a couple of a couple of potatoes in, there.
Speaker 8: A couple Of Travis scott esque.
Speaker 4: Shots just, said both guys seemed to be glad to be taking in, this so just a they did a great.
Speaker 8: Job and, Yeah punk shot a nice single, leg although somehow he ended up on bottom in THAT i don't, understand but, yeah good use of HIS mma skills there By cmpunk during that, brawl and.
Speaker 4: They ended up being a theme throughout the. Show another theme throughout the show was references to what happened On Saturday. Night this was very MUCH wwe to me right, now feels very much like when a wrestling promotion is, hot like in eighty six to me growing up With, krock AND i always like going back to reference that because that's WHAT wwe is that like right, now and you have so many hot, people you have so many things, intertwined and so many different feuds and personalities intertwined with each, other but there is always one thing that is kind of the overarching thing that anybody can talk about at any, time and that in this case Is John cena and the deal With Cody, rhoades and that was mentioned many times many video packages brought up through the. Show they saved the last big one if people didn't Watch Elimination. Chamber they saved the one With cody actually getting slapped and showing the beat down until much later on in the. Show but they talked about it with some people throughout the, show which INCLUDED aj styles at one. Point but before we get into that, Judgment day was backstage in the, Clubhouse liv And raquel were celebrating their title With carl And, dom But finn was all depressed on the. Couch When liv asked about, him he started. Shading everybody said that live lost in The Chamber carlito And dom were embarrassed by Braun breaker last, week And dom cut in to, say, well if we had another, member But finn cut him off one more time and, said we don't need another member. Tonight he'd be the one that takes care of Braun. Breaker we then Got gunther Against, otis non title, match everything that you would want this thing to. Be brian just was in rapture talking about it an observer last. Night, Obviously otis is a guy that you expressed your appreciation for a little bit earlier on TOM a hell of a. CHARACTER i would like to see this guy actually do. More and even in losing the fact that he stood up The, gunther Got gunther, down stood up to him in the chop, battle which no one's ever been able to really do, before and get the advantage. There it was actually a really good night for. Him if they decided to move him into A Inner continent OR us title picture at some point down the.
Speaker 8: Line five years they, said five years ago he was mister money in the.
Speaker 3: Bank he, was.
Speaker 8: And what has happened since? Then he has been buried, repeatedly over and over and he is Still he's infinitely. Over like you mentioned what a great character this this otis. Guy like when they decide, like holy, crap like we've had this guy the whole. Time now's the time to go with. Him when they finally decide to do, it the crowd is gonna be there for, it AND i can't. Wait i'll have to for a long. Time probably he's gonna be like The, mark be Like Mark, henry you, know like when he's at the twilight of his, career when he's heading. Out that's where he's gonna be doing his best work because they're gonna give him a. Ball then it's.
Speaker 4: Nice to See Clay geda still up. Right he was showing in the. Crowd they were kind of random being In buffalo that they broke out the cave.
Speaker 8: Man good to see him still standing. Upright as you, mentioned, yes.
Speaker 4: The old carpenter Aj styles was interviewed About John cena's term When Carrying cross interrupted, him and again this is one of those times where they talked to somebody else who had nothing to do with the situation On saturday night about their thoughts on seeing his turn But Carrying cross interrupting. Him he's now got an empty, group you, know depending on if the mizz is still hanging out With Carrying cross or.
Speaker 3: Not it seems Like Carrying.
Speaker 4: Cross would actually be a good guy for The Judgment day to take, on you, know if they wanted to add somebody to the, group because in that way you could also add a little drama there if you wanted to Between scarlet And, live because at some Point live is going to be back on the Baby pace side of.
Speaker 3: THINGS i would, Think, Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm with you on that. ONE i don't know Where Carrying cross fits in. Here he's always seemingly been tied to groups for a large portion of his time, here and now The Final testament's. Gone you want to talk about guys THAT I i'd like to, see not The Final. Testament i'm. Sorry whatever that group, was is.
Speaker 3: That just what it, was wasn't?
Speaker 11: It?
Speaker 8: Yeah oh, yeah, Yeah Final. Testament i'd love to see aop in that Blood sport ring as. Well you, know that'd.
Speaker 3: Be there two guys.
Speaker 4: Again you, KNOW i don't know what their interests, are if there's would be interest in them From. Japan but, again those guys going over there and like wrecking shop against The Sayato brothers.
Speaker 3: Or something like.
Speaker 4: That you put them in you, know you know they would actually be that would actually be. Fantastic, AGAIN i don't know it would be worth their while or. Not in Her Continental women's Title Lyra valkyri Against Ivy nile just didn't get a lot of heat for this. Match the story Was nile Working overlyra's left. Leg she had a long ankle lock On lyra and noted as a tribute to her Coach Chad. Gable that was finally broken When lyra hit the ropes and finished. Game When nile missed a boot in the, Corner lyra hit a, backbreaker followed it up with the Night wing for the. Pin it was, fine you, know decent. Match after that Seth rawlins was shown being escorted through the bowels of the. Building When Jackie redman caught up to him to interview, him he SPOTS Cm, punk who's also being escorted by. Security they begin brawling again after a breakout In pierce is Scolding rollins for Attacking punk. Again long story short of matches made Between rollins And punk for next week's raw inside a steel cage In Madison Square. Garden do you think that's where that ends Before, WrestleMania, WELL.
Speaker 8: I think there's NO i don't. KNOW i would got to think That Roman reigns gets back involved in this in some, manner AND.
Speaker 4: I you, know you can make a case For punk to be involved in The Sina Cody rhodes, match and actually you could put the belt On punk coming In. Mania the obvious one, though is a Seth Roman REIGNS Cm. Punk that's WHAT i kind of figured was going to, Happen BUT i guess we can see that to me is the more likely.
Speaker 3: Thing but it'll be interesting to.
Speaker 4: See you, know if they, go if they have a finish in that, match or if it Isn't Madison Square, garden Does Roman reigns come back and you, know again who knows what's going to happen, There but we'll have to wait and see next. Week Olivik kaiser promo there's another one where if you Have netflix and can watch during the, break it is his him sauntering out there As pat McAfee And Michael cole Described kaiser coming to the ring was, ridiculous he said when it was back on for, everybody kind of, promo saying that he took back what he deserved and that was the spotlight That penta had been. Receiving he, says What John sena did To Cody rhodes another reference from somebody, Else But sena did The rhodes Last saturday will be nothing compared to what he'll do To. Penta penta then came down to the. Ring the two began, fighting And penta cleared the ring from, him hit a running flip dive from over the, ring over the top rope to the floor on top Of, kaiser and that was. That bianca Bel air was interviewed By Kathy. Kelly bianca says she's reserving comment on the jade nail. Situation she feels guilty because even though she's sad about what, happened she's equally proud of herself for winning the. Chamber there's no way she's not a. Heel there's no way she doesn't get dragged into the jade.
Speaker 8: Thing no. Way it's just so convoluted to, Me like why was she she was in a match when the attack was played on the screen or the aftermath of the. Attack why did she run off during the, Match like did she help perpetrate the? Attack it just thought she was gonna get away with, it and then it was shocked that they flashed on the, screen so she ran back. There you, know there's obviously an unanswered.
Speaker 4: Questions did anyone ask the question what would The rock And John cena have done IF cm punk would have won the?
Speaker 3: Match BECAUSE i.
Speaker 8: Think, Yeah or what If cody had accepted the?
Speaker 4: Offer, yeah that's another. One then they just all. Celebrate yeahsen is just there, like yeah. Exactly maybe everybody would have got a weight belt that Said cody and they all could have pose with.
Speaker 3: IT i don't.
Speaker 4: Know Viking raiders and The creed brothers they got. Together, hey we don't have much, Time, tom But Brutus creed four Fifty Julie's crease shooting Star. PRESS i love that they can do. IT i love that they did, it but in the match that they're not gonna win on just a random. Raw it was a fun, match but should they have broken those moves.
Speaker 8: Out they probably could have saved.
Speaker 4: It Chad, gable have you ever walked past the meat market In? Tijuana, tom what the hell was? This there's a box that apparently Doctor Wagner junior had or something like.
Speaker 3: THAT i don't.
Speaker 4: Know long story, short five hundred dollars was paid to this, Man Chad gable goes open the box and we don't see what it. Is they went to break like we have to do right. Now we'll be back with the rest of the. Show Wrestume's Ever.
Speaker 2: Alive you are listening To Wrestling Observer live With Brian alvarez And mike Simper vivi on The Sports Byline Broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Network back on.
Speaker 4: The, Show mike simper vv And Filthy Tom lawler here to put a bow on this, thing including a bow on the. Raw review video package From Dragon Lea cruz Del toro Walking wild In Ray.
Speaker 3: Mystereo this is about as cool as they've ever.
Speaker 4: Looked doing the promo package that they had a lot of people thinking that they're going to turn On Ray, mystereo which would lead To phoenix coming in and him partnering. UP i don't, know, Man andrade's still out. THERE i, mean there's a lot of things you could. Do would you turn all these guys on? Ray that to me seems, like you, know really.
Speaker 8: Cliche it, does BUT i, mean what else are they going to do with THIS LW Whoa sure it's given some guys like well it has and they do a lot more than l W o does come, on so, LIKE i think it's run its course to be. Fair but.
Speaker 4: Women's title, Match Ria, Ripley Eos, guy what's your? THING i, mean obviously it was a hell of a, match surprise finish BECAUSE i DIDN'T i, honestly if you would have said you have to put money on, something Either sina's gonna turn Or Ria ripley's gonna lose that, BELT i would have put it On scena turning BEFORE i put it On. Rhea but they've announced today that is going to Be Eos guy And bianca and Wrestle. Mania that doesn't mean things can't. Change we've heard a lot about disruptions taking.
Speaker 3: Place what do you?
Speaker 8: Think, YEAH i think they did such a great job getting that that final shot of the three of them at the elimination, chamber that that is going to be the. MATCH i don't know how they're gonna get. THERE i. Am i'm surprised THAT eo, won But i'm not so prize, that, uh you, know it looks like it could end up be in a three.
Speaker 4: Way and even though they don't like doing things like this and it's not you, know suggested historically that you do things like. This when you're so, hot you can actually change up a, match even at that. Level If jade is the one who comes in and Takes bianca, out and we have a match between, them and we end up WITH eo And rickley again in a rematch At, WrestleMania. Filthy thank you so much for saving us again on the show. Today thank you talk to everybody again after a.
Speaker 1: While you have been listening to The Wrestling Observer daily podcast on the Eight Side. Network