Speaker 1: The volume, Molly, Okay, if I picked the song to start the episode today, sure, Rory.
Speaker 2: Spinning through them with the fortune like say, Jack, you'll pump your break scratched.
Speaker 3: I only spin it for y'all and.
Speaker 4: Niggas like my nigga.
Speaker 2: Mall eating space back y'all niggas fumped.
Speaker 4: Me a fit.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you tell us that Beans rapped about that situation?
Speaker 3: Because I don't. I don't know if that was about that, all.
Speaker 1: Right, rap genius, tell how else could that bar be taken?
Speaker 5: I'm just saying I don't know. I mean, if you want me to make it about me, sure, no, make it.
Speaker 1: I didn't make it about you. Beans made it about you.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, probably, but that was so long ago, ok, I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I just cannot believe that you've held all this information from us for so long. For those that didn't listen to our last episode, Maul explained the time that he ate way too many weed brownies, Oh my god, and then Beanie Siegull called to him, I.
Speaker 5: Got anxiety talking about it, like I started getting the shakes just talking about that.
Speaker 1: BINGI c called you space cakes. And then what does he say in this verse? Space What space packs? Okay, you what a whole pack? Wasn't even mister Brownie, it felt like a pack. When was the first time you heard heard your name over the airwaves?
Speaker 3: First time ever?
Speaker 1: When did you hear this song?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Were you in the studio when they do this?
Speaker 3: Nah? I mean, I don't know. That was what two thousand, two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and two, I think that was.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I heard so much music I can't remember.
Speaker 5: But that's why when we were talking about what came out, whether it was The Blueprint or Dynasty, you hear songs getting recorded in two thousand comes out in two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: Ah, you're one of those like, oh you finally hearing this. Glad the world can finally hear this record.
Speaker 5: I mean, anybody that's in the studio feels like that after you hear a song for.
Speaker 1: Oh, y y'all finally hearing that. Yeah, it just came out today with.
Speaker 3: That old thing, like yeah, we want something new right now.
Speaker 1: I also find it funny that like Beans, Beans only does this rap shit for you, Like he only spits it from all. Maybe I'm the only one that found that baring alaryos that.
Speaker 3: Why is that that funny?
Speaker 1: Because beans, just doing this ship for you is funny. That's not what he said, Like he really got into this rap shit, like just to do it for you.
Speaker 6: Y'all.
Speaker 3: First, so you completely deleted that bar.
Speaker 1: Wait so you're not y'all? No, it's just you and then them.
Speaker 3: Well, I could be included in, y'all. I'm allt of y'all. I guess it depending on who's talking.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 1: That's that's hilarious. I'm gonna make that your ringtone like when you call ring tones back. No, but I'm sure I could make it somehow on my phone.
Speaker 6: Okay, they still got ring tones, You can still get ring tones.
Speaker 1: Having your phone ring period, to me is weird. Like whoever, whoever has their.
Speaker 5: Only thing worse than your phone ringing is when your phone doesn't ring but it does that crazy flash shit. Oh yes, I hate that, Like that is the crazies shit ever to.
Speaker 1: Have your phone you're a psychopath?
Speaker 3: You have that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that that might trigger I don't even have seizures, but that might that might trigger a seizure for me.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what group of people we should place on an island The people.
Speaker 6: That are.
Speaker 3: That because I could have answered that for you.
Speaker 1: We were doing so good.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't so good everything.
Speaker 5: Answered it for you. But then you answered it, you know, I mean you just went ahead because you was like you.
Speaker 1: Know the people that are on the speaker auxiliary bluetooth that keep their phone on loud too, like you gave when they got a text yes, yeah, and then just keep letting it rock like it's no.
Speaker 3: That's when you just go and just take their phone and just unplug it.
Speaker 1: No, unplugged, get out of my house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel you on that.
Speaker 1: But how's your week?
Speaker 4: Ben?
Speaker 3: I've seen you every day this week, Rory. How do you think my week is?
Speaker 1: I'm exhausted. Yeah, coffee has me jittery. I'm I'm I'm exhausting.
Speaker 3: Productive though productive week, busy but productive. I love busy, productive weeks.
Speaker 1: I've been kind of outside too. On top of us being so busy, I look at its being out these streets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, never mind all the beans state property. Like, let's talk about you and Draymond Green and Steph Curry. Let's talk hanging out with the mono warriors. It I told you it was a man warrior went out with them people. Why are you saying like that? No, not like that, but like the people.
Speaker 6: That he named, the people that he named, you went out with those people.
Speaker 1: I went to Draymond Green's birthday?
Speaker 6: Did that happen?
Speaker 1: When was that Tuesday night?
Speaker 3: I love when you do that, when you scratch your scalp like you don't know.
Speaker 6: He lying, it's been a busy week.
Speaker 1: I can't remember it was Monday.
Speaker 3: I think it was Tuesday.
Speaker 1: We recorded with Lexi Tuesday, so yeah, that was Tuesday. Listen. He's our label mate. So you know, I just wanted to go out shout out to Draymond.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, Draymond Green.
Speaker 1: So after we had Lexi on the pod available now great, great conversation Lexi Brown.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Lexi Brown.
Speaker 1: So her and I went to the birthday party. I must be pussy like I have to be. Me and Lexi are sitting there kicking it kind of by the DJ boost, chilling, having a good time. An NBA player that I will not name, walks up to us, boxes me out in whispers in Lexi's ear, Yo, I love your game.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: I wasn't with Lexi, but I could have.
Speaker 3: Been yeah, but don't you don't know that.
Speaker 6: He don't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nah, well he's sixty five sixty six. No, he was the point guard. Okay, so six four tall than me, but that's, you know, not that difficult. He could probably he probably didn't see you. This is the elevation was. It was just her and I, right, did you stand up? No, we were standing.
Speaker 3: Up, damn standing up and he still couldn't see.
Speaker 1: You, and like we were like this, and then he just kind of moved his shoulder in and then whispering there. I'm like, listen, she's not with me, but you could have at least like checked first.
Speaker 6: Did she giggle?
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say what her reaction was because it wasn't favorable. And it was kind of funny because we talked about how men approach her on the actual episode, so to see that shit in person and like dudes only complimenting her game as a way to try to hit on her, it was one of the funniest things.
Speaker 4: I'm saying.
Speaker 5: He saw you trying to set a screen. He just got over the screen. That's all he saw you. You're trying to set a screen. He was like, watch out, man, I'm getting over that. Get over that easy.
Speaker 1: No, I was really I was not mad because I had no right to be. But I started thinking, oh, I must be pussy like how confidently he did not give a fuck about me standing there talking to her was like, all right, man, I have to air this ship out.
Speaker 5: The energy, the body language probably wasn't that of people that are in a relationship or you know, you probably felt the just friends.
Speaker 1: Energy and trying to say me and like you could never have chemistry. I mean you didn't feel it during the episode. No, that's crazy, it's tangible.
Speaker 6: Did you put your Sunday's Best on? Though? When Sunday's Best is crazy? When you got on, they said, damn, you got that ship on. Let me not have that ship on. This is more dressed up than I was dressed up with. You wear a T shirt everywhere else. I had a T shirt on underneath a little The match said, have been shirtless. You had a little matches if I showed them shirt episode.
Speaker 3: You gotta go shirtless under this, under the track suit.
Speaker 6: That's what you gotta do. You gotta show the chest. He said, you cross your legs. They said, you don't never cross your legs in that cheer. They said you had your legs crossed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said, first of all, with that couch, it's tough, like because you kind of like dip into it, and the only way to get comfortable. Wait, first of all is like leg crossing is supposed to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like this, that's the thing body language.
Speaker 5: If your leg has crossed the same way that her leg is, that's what means that.
Speaker 3: It's it's no, it's a real thing.
Speaker 1: An NBA player noticed that because y'all was standing, you didn't have your legs cross up like that. Yeah, you should have been like a flamingo, like a karate kid me doing crane kicks at Draymond Green's barty.
Speaker 5: That's what you should have been doing, practicing your crane. That's your problem.
Speaker 1: Now, if you practice practice, you are you can see in the dark exactly exactly. And we we uh. We interviewed another player for Don't Know Balls, you know Banking some episodes and we discussed Chris Mullen for like most of the episode.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the legend, the legend Chris Mullin and New York City legend.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, my social anxiety whatever, I just i'd be kind of out the mix in the mix. So I found a nice cozy spot after I got boxed the funk out and lost the lector.
Speaker 3: Had to go find your pride.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you want to go find your pride in a bottle of whiskey?
Speaker 3: I know. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Don Julio. Yeah, So I go to the bar. Happens to be another white person there. We make eye contact. It's just an understanding two Republicans. Yeah, I get it, I understand. I know what type of nat We had some thoughts we weren't gonna say out loud, but we both we we both knew yeah, and we just got the talking, you know, hit it off in like a man way. As I leaving, my friend was like, oh, you know, you know what that was, right, I was like, no, no, idea, it's Chris Mullen's son. I was like, dog, we just talked about him for two hours. Yeah, fucking five minutes ago. Yeah, that was the weirdesthit in the world for me.
Speaker 3: That's the that's the that's the universe. You know.
Speaker 5: You put that put that energy out and to find you Chris Mullen's son found. Yeah, Chris Mullins manifested the moment he found he found you, Okay, well you.
Speaker 1: Been outside too, what are you talking about? Didn't you go somewhere last night?
Speaker 5: I went home, I got invited. Uh Vonna hit me and invited me to uh what's that Girl's low karaoke?
Speaker 3: Is that the name of it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great party.
Speaker 3: So he invited me to that.
Speaker 5: But it was rain, it was pooring, it was nasty outside last night. I was like, nah, it's nothing worse than having to walk to the spot and he going in and everything is your jacket is wet, And.
Speaker 3: I was like, nah, I just wasn't feeling that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Draymond's party. I hadn't really been like outside outside in a little bit. I feel bad for these young guys.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: The new hoes are boring as fucked Like they're just boring.
Speaker 3: When you say boring, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Like they literally just sit there and look pretty. They offer nothing. Remember when hoes used to be fun, like ho would get a party started. H They just they literally just sit there.
Speaker 3: That's because they only speak Zell. You got you ain't speaking Zell.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. That's how you got to introduce yourself. My name is Zelle and yours listen.
Speaker 1: I probably should go to more NBA parties like that, because all the hoes just think I'm like one of their lawyers or something like, oh, he must be he must be Draymond's manager.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know, put that vibe in a room foot ball player.
Speaker 6: Weren't they young? Hose though?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Now, well twenty four twenty five is young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were definitely early twenties. Fifth and of course you know Draymond and Steph far away from the hose. Yeah, hose weren't getting they know, Steph Curry walked in with a mink on.
Speaker 3: Gangster like that period in the Rain, Yes, gangster like that.
Speaker 1: I never thought I thought Steph Curry was going to be like in this jersey. I could never picture him and like clothes outside he was.
Speaker 5: Under like exactly, Steph being a club underrest.
Speaker 1: Any guy that doesn't even get a shape up for his wedding. I could never picture going to a party in a mick.
Speaker 5: I mean after you finished doing what he did in the Guard on Tuesday night, Yeah, I mean you have to show up to Draymond's birthday with a mink on it's only right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. I was a little a little bitter even being in there. I kind of felt like somewhat of a trader. But why listen, man, I'm the Knicks.
Speaker 5: He owns the Knicks, and me he owns the New York. New York is steps like he lost one time I think in the guard.
Speaker 1: Really in his basketball he's won every single time in his basketball career.
Speaker 3: Davidson included he's lost one time.
Speaker 1: And Davidson included his great in.
Speaker 5: Madison, He's lost one time in Madison Square Guarden. He's like thirteen and one to think it something like that.
Speaker 1: That's wold crazy. Oh then yeah, I mean I'm definitely trader, and I couldn't be seen next time the regular night for Steph Man.
Speaker 6: Where were you last night when the gang was outside? Though? Because I was waiting on you it's going on.
Speaker 5: Well we oh you didn't pull up on. I thought you was pulling up on ganging them.
Speaker 1: Nah, because our meeting went over and Marlon Craft had had his residency.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, shout out.
Speaker 1: That was, by the way, incredible. If you can make Marlon's residency, it's what I feel like. The New York music scene has been missing for quite some time. Actual live fucking music people actually rapping, like just jam session fans, like a real unity. It was. Yeah, it felt like New York and shit felt like village underground Sundays. I forgot the name of the venue. It's in Alphabet City, and I feel bad because the venue was fucking fire. I can't believe I had never even heard of it or that new show. It's a new venue, not it's been around forever. That's what I was asking for. I'll find it maybe maybe posted. But it was great. I can't. I can't say enough of how good that show is. Bam Blue, New Blue, Yeah, yes.
Speaker 3: Oh New Blues.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, my man, my man for Docman telling me about New Blue because they do jam sessions in there. They have like a lot of producers going in on Mondays.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that's what the manager was telling me that, like right after the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my man, Docman telling me to slide through. I gotta, I gotta, I gotta go check it out with him.
Speaker 1: And now he sent me a video. It looked like a vibe in there. Oh I'm definitely down. You know, that's my type of ship. But you know, Marlon smoked that ship. It was it was a really fun, fun fucking time. So shout out to malin Man highly suggests people go to that. But yeah, that's like back to back to back nights out. And then I mean I hit the Maris after the show. I was helping her and you Alma was still in the streets, but.
Speaker 6: She was home in my bed.
Speaker 1: There's nothing like going I figured Yomi had her out.
Speaker 6: Now Yomi went to another spot. I went home. I'm not running. I'm not playing with Yomi. Ass like I went home.
Speaker 5: Yomi outside they moved. When they moved to the A, by myself.
Speaker 6: You tried it. I went by myself. What did I try? I had to go upload ram radio or do ram radio and go to sing.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what you had to go home and work and go to sleep that ram that ram.
Speaker 1: Do get rams.
Speaker 6: But it was nic seeing Yom Yomi was. She told me to tell y'all how end she's doing.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't even text a nigga no more. See how they do move to the A and just of that's how it goes though. Yeah, man, it's all good. And I go to the A. I'm gonna just post mad pictures in Atlanta. Not hit Yomy at all.
Speaker 1: She's gonna keep scrolling past single now you don't go ahead. I kind of felt away. Was it yesterday two days ago when Yomi text you to tell what's up?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: I'm right, which she want to say? What's up to me?
Speaker 6: It's crazy you sex her and say what up to her? Looion reaches out? You reach out?
Speaker 1: I mean I don't like to just you want people like.
Speaker 5: No, I'm gonna start started on. I'm gonna be like, yo, what's so? Why are you don't like say what's up? Say hello when you come to the city.
Speaker 6: No more?
Speaker 3: What's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 3: I don't like that.
Speaker 6: She says she might slide through today, but I don't know. She was out drinking last night, so I doubt she said that yesterday. But I don't think she's still sleep.
Speaker 1: You almost can hang in Atlanta. Last time we were there, only hung with us till like three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 5: You're telling me that's what me peag You know, we was all in the lobby and Peach gave us a fucking show.
Speaker 3: He was the magician for the night.
Speaker 1: That ship was so completely forgot did we ever talk about that on that episode?
Speaker 3: Yes, we did. Yo.
Speaker 5: When I went up to the room, I was still laughing at Peach. I'm like, Yo, he just a fucking idiot man. He had those bers.
Speaker 1: Gotten full characters.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Yo, we have.
Speaker 1: To have a magician on the pod.
Speaker 3: See we do have one p he made. He made the nick bit.
Speaker 1: Right, He'll have to multitize then, did you see?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: I forgot what the magician's name was. I feel bad. But he just did a segment with Taylor Rooks and he threw like all the cars on the ground or whatever, shuffled them and then took out her phone number with each card. Like I'm starting to believe, like like magic might actually be real.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, Like it's not.
Speaker 5: Just you know, if I see something like that, I might be like, you know what, that was crazy. I might be on board, Like I might be on board with certain certain magicians, like because to see somebody do that is like you have to explain to me how you did that or I'm gonna believe that you're just a sorcerer. Absolutely, you have to break that. What was the mass dude name that reveals all the magic? Massic Mass magician has to he has to reveal how that's done.
Speaker 3: You have to tell me how you do that.
Speaker 1: What is what is it about magic that makes black people run?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Why is that your immediate reaction when trick happens?
Speaker 6: We run when we're entertained.
Speaker 5: That's why we run for anything. We run when we're scared. We wont we run when you run fair? Yeah, like we just run, we're runners.
Speaker 1: That's always it's always fun to watch black people watch.
Speaker 7: Magic, magic Johnson or like magic because magic as well, Magic Johnson because you got to see it when we watch the show Tom Lake as we go crazy.
Speaker 1: We've talked about what careers we would have liked to have besides this. I think I had set a chef, but a magician would definitely be up there. Being a magician would be cool as shit, Like job, you really knew how to do magic, that's definitely cool. Yeah, I'm just saying, if you know, if you could do that with Taylor's number, like you could throw a deck of cars and for him pick up the number, it would be more impressive. And he just picked up his phone and called her. That's the real magic. Like we say, we say that, but I don't know. You can find anything on the internet these days. Maybe he subscribes to like Yellow Pages or some shit.
Speaker 3: That's magic. Subscribing to Yellow Pages is magic.
Speaker 1: That's a monthly subscriptions. He could get tailor's number.
Speaker 3: That's crazy as hell.
Speaker 1: You'll be super funny if he just wasn't a magician at all. He's just seen tailors like, yo, magician, let me get your number.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's crazy, But we got to find out who is that? You don't remember his name?
Speaker 3: Did she post it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: No, I was looking for it. I can't find it.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes like they just be putting ship on your feet of things you don't even follow. I think it was one of those. But no, I would definitely want to have a magician on this podcast. I'll do a whole segment with a magician. Yea, we should get we should get a magician on.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't find it. Damn, I'm doing so bad with plugging shit today. Kid can't find the venue name, can't find this magician. But you know, yeah, oh GS Magic, GS.
Speaker 3: Magic, GS Magic. We would love.
Speaker 1: To have you on the show. Yeah, you're not you're not jacking that GS.
Speaker 3: He gotta get a better magician name that is.
Speaker 6: His name is George Stanton, So George Stanton magic, but his name is George George Stanton.
Speaker 3: Stance sounds like a magician.
Speaker 1: I'm looking accountant.
Speaker 3: Well yeah that too. Well those are magicians as well.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 3: They know how to make a lot of things disappeared through the exel sheets.
Speaker 1: Lloy on the grade over there, you don't put that on?
Speaker 6: Does everything above the book of course?
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, he legally makes things disappeared. Yeah, that's really all it was.
Speaker 3: I loved Matt. I loved Ben Affleck in that movie. Which movie they're counting?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Part two is coming out? So is it really? Yeah? I'm excited for that.
Speaker 1: Did he just spend the block again?
Speaker 5: Nobody said he would. He said, he said, if if he could get another chance with Jennifer Gardner, he would.
Speaker 6: Oh that's oh Jennifer Garner.
Speaker 5: Say yo, Ben is going crazy. He spun twice on him, didn't he He's trying to spend.
Speaker 3: A third time.
Speaker 1: I've given Jlo a lot of shit of her maybe being the problem and the common denominator and a lot of things. But Ben Ben might be the problem too.
Speaker 5: No, Ben's crazy. Ben Afflick is absolutely out of his mind, insane, great actor, but I think I think he's still I think he really believes he's Batman at this point, because only Batman spends more than that.
Speaker 3: What are you doing? Man? Method?
Speaker 1: Acting a little too far?
Speaker 3: Come on, I've seen the dunkin Donuts commercial?
Speaker 1: All right? Anyways, what do we actually have as far as topics today? So Casey Anthony's losing her fucking mind, but what else is new? Did you subscribe to her her legal TikTok show?
Speaker 5: I don't have TikTok and this is probably another reason why I don't, because if you're telling them Casey Anthony is a legal advocate on TikTok, I don't even know what that means. I don't even know. I didn't even know TikTok had advocates. I mean, what is that?
Speaker 3: What is her role?
Speaker 6: What she's giving legal advice on TikTok oh?
Speaker 1: Which, okay, I get it could be offensive people, But don't you want to hear from the person?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: Yo?
Speaker 1: She don't you want to hear from a teflon donnan that case.
Speaker 3: She got out of that thought that was open and shut.
Speaker 1: Yo, I will say I did watch that Casey Anthony doc when it did come out. I have a whole different perspective on that that case. Now, I honestly do not think she killed her her child.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man.
Speaker 5: I just think her looking at like body language, and you know, if somebody kills your child and they're like saying you did it, I just think your natural reaction would be a lot more uh aggressive, like yo, y'all trying to pin this on me. Like I didn't feel none of that from her. I felt that I felt to prove it energy from her. She deserves to be in jail for life. I just don't think she actually killed her child. I think, yeah, I think her. I think her and her dad buried their the child.
Speaker 1: I think the child drowned in the pool and they did some weird shit and her dad helped her get rid of the body, which you deserve to be in fucking jailed for Oh.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I just don't think she actually like sat and like killed her.
Speaker 3: You think it was an accident that happened and they tried to cover it up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but her dedication to not stand out the spotlight, just like if you get away with accidental murder just like kind of get away with it. She just refuses to get away, like I don't understand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even accidental, like if your child drowned in the pool accidentally, I still feel like if you bury a body, that's still like insane to me, Like.
Speaker 1: If you bury your child's yes, you should go to jail.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean accidental death is an accidental death, especially a pool drown but that.
Speaker 6: Makes me feel like it's not accidental. Yeah, if you really love your child and your child accidentally drowns, like you're gonna I would be.
Speaker 5: They would find me holding my child's body screaming if that was the case.
Speaker 1: Like, Oh, she's definitely sick in the fucking head, Yeah, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: But now she's on TikTok and you know, she.
Speaker 6: Says she's been in the legal like she's been in the field like for all of these years. Like but like the date is like the day that she had to go to jail. Yeah, she's sick. It's definitely sick.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, everybody on TikTok, if you need some legal advice on whatever it may be, I mean, Casey Anthony is available at your disposal. I mean, you know, just follow her and I don't know. I don't know how you do you DM on? Do you message on TikTok as well? I've never been on TikTok. I can't tell you if you could message somebody. I don't know nothing about it.
Speaker 1: Sliding sliding in Casey's DMS is fucking nuts, But if you need legal advice is not. Yep, you know what's kind of sick. There's definitely been a couple people that are probably fucked Casey Anthony after the case Like that's wild to me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, a lot of people probably don't even know who like that she's fucking probably don't even know who Casey Anthony is.
Speaker 1: Imagine meeting her at the bar and not knowing who she is, have a little quick one night, staying next morning, like I don't even catch your last name anything, don't google me. You get in the car and realize who you just fucked her because she doesn't have a Like if Casey Anthony walked in here right now, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think I would recommenc.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I don't think I would know that that's Casey Anthony, Like I don't remember her face like.
Speaker 1: That, Like I don't remember wanting to have sex with her, but I don't remember her. Yes, I don't think she would be one that i'd give the pass for. Yeah, but I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: And she looks a lot different now is that the current video on the left?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's older if she's like what ten fifteen years older?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a while ago. All right, Well, if you need some legal advice on TikTok, she's an influencer. She's an influencer on how to how the body and no beat the trial. I guess what is it with people that have like crazy high level murder cases that just won't like leave us alone, like oj because the moment he got out, he was he was on Twitter every goddamn day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the world is obsessed, well especially America is obsessed with murder and crime and things like that. Some of the biggest podcasts in the world murder podcast, Murder Mysteries, some of the best documentaries, murdered documentaries. People are have this obsession with who did it, Who done it? Where's the body? You know what I mean that type of thing. It's just because it's it's a story. I mean, it's a tragic story, but it is a story, and people want to get to the end and feel like, Okay, I knew that person did it, or damn that person didn't do it. So I think that's what people are obsessed with, just the story and the suspense of a murder.
Speaker 1: Are you on the side of the theory that OJ's son actually did it and OJ just you know, helped helped him clean up.
Speaker 3: I've heard that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I could see it happening and we just I just watched the what was the Gabby Patino Patito. I just watched that documentary in Clear's day and her and the guy's text messages. The mother was ready to help him get rid of hide the body. So we know that parents will go to extreme measures to protect their children, even if it means, you know, helping them hide the body that they, you know, a person that they just killed. So I can I can see that. I don't know if I ever subscribe to that theory. In the OJ case, I always felt like OJ didn't do it, but I did always feel like he knew who did it.
Speaker 1: I don't think I never felt like he did it, though I was always on the side that he did it. And then I watched one piece that was the theory about the sun, and I believe that one it made a lot of sense. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I could listen this.
Speaker 1: He either did it or no.
Speaker 5: So that's what I'm I'm with you in that. I'm no, I don't think he did it. I don't think OJ did it. I never felt like that, but I believe he knew. Obviously he's no longer with it, so he knew who did it.
Speaker 1: I just think it's crazy after you beat a murder case like that, you just get on Twitter every day and say ooh it's the juice baby, like we didn't remember that trial.
Speaker 3: People don't care. Man, he was he was.
Speaker 1: Giving like sports takes, rite.
Speaker 6: Your own history. You can't let the last thing that somebody say about you be something that you don't want to be remembered for. So you got to rewrite your own history.
Speaker 1: OJ did not rewrite it on it. His history is still his history. Remember that Twitter video now, I was like, remember that murder case.
Speaker 3: I remember you in the back of that bronco. Remember.
Speaker 6: But his personality and who he continued to be after that case now is why y'all can sit and laugh when you say his name instead of just remember him like a Casey Anthony because he has come out and he made a joke of it. He leaned into it, so it made it funny to other people.
Speaker 3: Which is crazy because somebody actually died.
Speaker 1: I mean I was two people does I wasn't even alive when OJ was playing. I'm aware just off stats that he was one of the greatest running backs, but I don't have my thoughts about OJ actually aren't really football. It's the case, yeah, absolutely, and he is like one of the greatest running backs ever, but I don't even think about football.
Speaker 3: I mean, Naked Gun is a classic, though I.
Speaker 1: Don't think I haven't seen that since I was a kid.
Speaker 3: Naked Gun. I remember classic series, classic movie series.
Speaker 6: So Rory, I looked up your question when you asked why are people so obsessed with like murder docks and things like that. One of them is the controlled fear, Like apparently we really like fear as humans. We like fear. We like having an adrenaline rush, but we're safe. So it's it's that that thrill, but we're safe from it. So it's like watch it's the same people white people slow down and watch car crashes, like the brain is naturally wired to want to investigate death in harm and fear, but at the same time stay stay from it. So as long as it's not happening to us, we like it. And then women, women are obsessed with the No, it's called the know your enemy effect, Like we're obsessed with the person, the danger that is to us, and how we can watch it from afar.
Speaker 5: That's why people pull their phones out when they see some wow shit happening, like to.
Speaker 1: Watch and instead of helping the situations, want to keep watching it. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: Oh cooked in the brain.
Speaker 1: Are you guys caught up on Paradise?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I watched it. You watched it? I loved it. I was obsessed.
Speaker 1: What is Paradise the show on Hulu? What will be the best way you think to describe the show without giving away too much.
Speaker 6: It is a end of the world tale. Yeah, end of the world tales.
Speaker 1: Essentially everything blows up, but they the elites build like a society under a mountain to survive it.
Speaker 3: Yes, everything in the world blows up.
Speaker 6: Yes, a big catastrophe like they always are saying, is coming for us, like an end of the world Tale, but there's one of the bunker cities. There's a bunker city that's created. Okay, but the first episode, which I don't feel like this is giving it anything away because I feel like this would be in the description, the president of this bunker city is killed, and the first season goes through why what happened? How like it just keeps flashing back to how they got to where they are.
Speaker 1: It's really good, though, No, it's it's an incredible show. I'm in Paradise.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 6: It's headed by Sterling K. Brown, who was if you guys don't know him, that's Randall from This is Us, the Black Guy and This is Us. He's an amazing actor.
Speaker 1: He was also in The People Versus O J.
Speaker 3: Simpsons.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he played what's what's the other prosecutor? That was with Marshall Clark. No, Cochran's on the other side, Carl the guy with the glasses bullhead. Yeah, and he just represents somebody and then dropped the case uns killer, yes, which which we should revisit. That was fucking weird. Christopher Darden, Yeah, Christopher Darten. That was really really odd.
Speaker 5: Wasn't there another Darden that like killed like the police or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christopher Darden, say his name.
Speaker 3: Is Christopher Darton Okay, I knew that name sounds familiar.
Speaker 1: Or Donner Christopher Dorner Dorner Yeah, okay, Why Llo COOLJ has not made the limited serious about that? I do not know.
Speaker 5: They did resemble a little bit, Yeah, Llo would smoke that roll. Yeah, it's Ll the greatest rapper turn actor. No, probably Will, I mean, but Ellll is a better rapper, has better music, Yes, so that attribute is up, and Ella has.
Speaker 3: Great movies under his belt, great roles.
Speaker 1: Of the best in both categories.
Speaker 3: Yes, Will is obviously the better, but Will Hollywood.
Speaker 6: Will is a way better actor than Ll. COJ is a rapper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Llo cooj is a way better rapper than Will Smith.
Speaker 6: Yes, but Will's if you're gonna do even for even. Yes, one is good at one and one is better at the other. But Will is such an amazing actor that he will always be the best when it comes to those two categories, because he's a better actor than Ll is a rapper.
Speaker 1: Do we count Mark Wahlberg?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: Ddy was kind of nice?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, Mark Warburg is definitely in that conversation.
Speaker 1: I just I just was googling Queen Latifa is definitely has to be up there.
Speaker 3: The equalizer might be ruined in the corrido. That's just guys here. I love I love the queen.
Speaker 5: I love the queen, but she she could have passed on that role and that let Denzel be to equalize it.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: Why is Andy Samberg on this list?
Speaker 3: Andy Samberg?
Speaker 1: He rapped.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that one dick in the box, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wrote the those funny like songs. I never considered him a rapper.
Speaker 3: Though, yeah, I'm yeah, we can get him off the list.
Speaker 6: Most people would try to say that it was Tupac.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Park might be number one.
Speaker 6: I don't think is number one.
Speaker 3: Number one.
Speaker 1: He has iconic.
Speaker 6: Gridlock really did it for That's what Gridlocked? It took you there, that that was the that was the.
Speaker 1: Pac And Jim Belushi is like, that's that's my north star of Gridlock?
Speaker 3: Did it for you?
Speaker 1: All right? Come on? Juice Poetic Justice both we could consider classic movies.
Speaker 5: Correct Juice and Poetic Justice. You get no debate from me?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: On top of Park's catalog, Yes, you can definitely debate Llo cool J verse Tupac in this category ll cool J versus Tupac. Yeah, because you can't debate will because I mean, I think it was the best ever.
Speaker 3: But you just said one.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying the one B the Llo cool J verse Pac. I think pok takes that I ain't deliver l movies Swat.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, I don't like that great movie. I like great move. We're not doing that.
Speaker 5: I love Swat. I mean and too deep mm hmm classic to me as a.
Speaker 1: Class I'm trying to think cool Jay.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. Deliver us from Eva as a Black classic. I don't know if y'all on that from Them Come is also a black classic?
Speaker 3: Deep Blue c I was scared back to this fair thing.
Speaker 1: I haven't been in the water.
Speaker 3: I haven't been on vacation since Deep Lucy came.
Speaker 1: Out and give it a Sunday. You already know how I feel about that movie.
Speaker 6: Damn Last Holiday with Queen Latifa. Damn you think that was gonna bar for bar When I might walk, I may walk back my table.
Speaker 1: He's got some classic fucking.
Speaker 3: And I mean, and uh, what was his sitcom name? Was it? In the House? In the House, I didn't watch that. You didn't watch in the house.
Speaker 6: Damn, I'm old iceed tea.
Speaker 3: Iceedy is definitely definitely on that list.
Speaker 1: I gotta put him up there.
Speaker 6: He was keeping the lights on that fucking long order.
Speaker 3: He's on that list.
Speaker 1: Oh, ship and ThReD three thousand. He doesn't have a lot of movies, but.
Speaker 5: I four Brothers Classic, I love I Love Idle wow d MX.
Speaker 1: Ice Cube up there for sure, Yeah, up there? How do we not even mention q?
Speaker 6: Ice Cube is probably the greatest wrap See, I think ice Cube is above Tupac. Yeah, ice Cube, yeah, pressure, he said, fuck the police.
Speaker 1: No. Ice Cube has an insane desography plus a bunch of classic movies classics. Yeah. Now, I think the debate would be ice c versus.
Speaker 6: Smith, ice Cub versus Will Smith.
Speaker 1: That's a tough one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. What was the ice Cube movie? When they was in the Whitehouse.
Speaker 5: And they got locked in, they was trying to find the uh, the hidden like the jewelry, like the gold and stuff that was in the all.
Speaker 1: About the measurements.
Speaker 6: Trespass.
Speaker 5: Trespass, y'all don't know nothing about trespass classic movie.
Speaker 1: How could we not bring up the game and Belly two.
Speaker 3: We're not doing that, please, we're not game.
Speaker 1: This game have a classic desography no, yes, music, yeah, absolutely, okay, but not film.
Speaker 5: Plus the classic movie Belly two is terrible. Well, I don't even talk about that movie. I don't know why they.
Speaker 6: What about though? We bring up what Aboutnas? You know what's crazy to say something bad? One of my favorite rappers not only did one movie though, right, thank godh nah, So you got Elevator above this madness R because that's one of your favorite movie.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's incredible, but it's one of the worst acted movies ever as well. That's the genius of Hey Williams. We talked about that incredible movie with awful, awful fucking actor.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but I think DMX. DMX is a good actor. That's an incredible death. Raid is a grave. No X is amazing.
Speaker 1: That's what made it even crazier because you have an incredible actor in every scene with some of the worst actors of all time. Like the difference in the range was hard to watch.
Speaker 5: Belly is the best worst movie ever. Yeah, it's a it's a cult classic without a doubt.
Speaker 1: But is TVAS and NAS the worst acted couple of all time.
Speaker 6: I mean, like, what the fuck? That was a spot on?
Speaker 5: Nah, I kind of believed that when she walked in the house and the niggas were sitting in the living room, I kind.
Speaker 3: Of was like, T boys got in her acting bag on that ship.
Speaker 6: For real.
Speaker 3: That was a good scene. We ain't gonna do T boars like that. That was a good scene. She looked. She did greater in that scene.
Speaker 1: She did great magic getting shot in the leg and just going home and being like Africa, we out give a fuck, Let's go to the hospital.
Speaker 3: Now, Nah, we out go straight to the airport.
Speaker 6: I think, yeah, it's just that that first opening scene really get people because it's the greatest opening scene of a movie of all time. And then some bullshit. It's some bullshit.
Speaker 3: Ice Cube might be it, though he might be the greatest rapper turned actor.
Speaker 6: I'm still gonna go well. I think Will Smith is a way better actor than ice Q.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, could I rule Fast and Furious No Monica best line ever?
Speaker 6: Listen, bow Wow and Fast and Furious bow.
Speaker 1: Wow kind of smoke lottery ticket too.
Speaker 6: Bow Wow got a couple on him.
Speaker 3: Ludacris got some good films too, though.
Speaker 1: Oh, I ain't think it yet.
Speaker 6: Looted? Damn?
Speaker 1: Can we pull up bow Wowser filmography.
Speaker 3: Like Mike roll Bounce did it for you?
Speaker 1: I like Robounce?
Speaker 3: I do too.
Speaker 6: Lottery Ticket was good, Johnson's family vacation like Mike. Obviously, Madia's big happy family.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go Will Smith, Ice, Cube, Tupac, Queen, Latafa. I don't know who to put from my five. Maybe L's there. I think that's my top five.
Speaker 5: I'm not mad at that, as long as Cube and will Pop got classic movies, though, I gotta put Park there.
Speaker 1: Uh machine Gun, Kelly.
Speaker 5: Ll I said, Cube right, Cube, Will Uh method Man. I ain't gonna lie what he's doing with the Power series?
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Good acting.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 1: Does all of State property count?
Speaker 3: Don't put them all together?
Speaker 1: I mean they have classic movies. Yeah, put Hope in there too.
Speaker 3: He didn't even say nothing in else he was in the studio. He No, they got that one scene with with Dame in the car, like when.
Speaker 1: They robbed the same house.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But I feel I feel like Jay wasn't acting.
Speaker 6: I feel like I had talked to Bigs.
Speaker 5: I feel like that scene, no, I feel like he was like, I don't even want to be able. Fuck it, eye, I played myself.
Speaker 1: And I mean, streets Is watching that some terrible fucking acting.
Speaker 3: But that suspected he was young and just had a camera in the projects.
Speaker 1: Like, oh no, they smoked. It was an incredible movie, but at some of the worst actings.
Speaker 5: Streets Is watching is such a brilliant idea though, like she actually felt rapper to do that at that time. I don't think we still haven't seen another rapper do something like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, we know Jays has been a shooter before, but well he was trying to back out in the project. Shooting was one of the funniest seas up the Switch Hands. Jay can't do anything athletic at all. He if that was a shootout, he was getting shot for sure, and at the worst fucking aim ever. All the fake shots going against the project, like who is shooting right?
Speaker 3: Spray this whole shit up.
Speaker 1: I feel like, that's that's crazy that Vaughn got to be in that and they didn't, you know, bring you in the mix. I know they did it in Marcie, but I felt like Vaughn's role should have went to you. I'm not from Marcie, Yeah, but I mean Damon Biggs pulled up like they could have brought you from Harlem.
Speaker 3: Nah, it was a Massie. That was a Massie movie. Made sense.
Speaker 1: Why was the internet killing our guy? JD saw yesterday? They was tearing them.
Speaker 3: Up, disrespectful to the legend.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess he was just asking a rhetorical question. Wasn't suggesting the otherwise.
Speaker 3: But he said, I'm a little lost. Well, he tweeted, I'm a little lost.
Speaker 5: Can somebody tell me what the goal of being an independent artist is today? Because all of the things that people are chasing is made is shit that major artists do. What's the thing that indie artists do that make it special? And I saw a Larussell chimed Dan and he said I think he said own the music. You know, if you know anything about Russell, makes sense that he was chiming on that. But I understand what Jad was saying. I think he was kind of saying, you know, you want to be independent, but then you want to, you know, do the things that major artists do. You want the things that major artists want. You want the lights, the glitch.
Speaker 3: The glamour. You don't want the grind.
Speaker 5: Don't want to You want to be on the same stage as a major artist when you're independent, and it takes a lot a lot more work when you're independent to kind of be on the same you know, field and the same level as a major artist and get the same looks that major artists get. So I think, you know, it was a rhetorical question that Jadi was asking, like how do you want to be Say you want to be independent, but you want to look like a major artist.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't get it because it's not like people say, I want to go be indie, but I don't want to be successful. Like the goal is to get your music to as many possible people that you can absolutely make money off it hopefully change change people's lives. I don't understand what major and independent even has to do with what the end goal for most artists is, which is to be a star and to get your music heard by as many people as you can at a price that makes you rich.
Speaker 5: Like again, I think it's subjective though, Like what what's the start as far as you're concerned as an artist to the specific artist.
Speaker 1: What is a star to you? What does a star look like a star? I don't know these stars that are independent. I know extremely successful artists, Like I watched Russ sell out Radio City and Barclay Center independently.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Russ, I wouldn't say he's a superstar. He's he's definitely up there as far as popular popularity. But I don't know if I know any superstars that are independent.
Speaker 6: Sure is independent now now? Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's you know, but.
Speaker 1: You hope is independent now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like it's you know. But again, Russ is a great example. Russ is somebody who you might not be. You know, you don't think about when you start talking about superstars. But if you go to a Russ show, yeah, and you see it, so the venues that he's able to sell out, that's superstar shit.
Speaker 1: But why would JD not understand that some artists just don't want their music owned in perpetuity forever. Like even the way he's seeing people sell their catalogs, Like, well, he's you can't sell your full catalog if you're not completely independent.
Speaker 5: But he's asking, but he's asking, what's the goal of being an independent artist today? Because all the things that people are chasing is what the major artists get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's just it's just a weird point because everyone is changing. That's the way it successful. Like it's very I just don't get it. It's a bad question.
Speaker 6: The way he asked the question doesn't even make sense, Like it's a bad question.
Speaker 5: Well, he did started with I'm a little lost, so let's let's start there. He did start with I'm a little lost, and then he said, can somebody tell me what the goal of being an independent artist is today? Because all of the things that people are chasing is the ship that major artists have. So what is the thing that independent artists do that make it special? Well, somebody I understand the question.
Speaker 6: Crooked I responded and said, freedom. And I'm not against majors as long as the deal has beneficial for everyone. But being India is the freedom to choose the what, when, where and how? And Jermaine de preresponded to Crooked I and said, so you're saying freedom is the perk? So I think JD is wondering what's the perk of being independent? But I feel like that's such an easy question to answer, even if that is what he's asking.
Speaker 1: It's like, I mean, the answer is pretty obviously, even like Ransom reply to own their masters, own their name and likeness, own their creative direction, own their freedom. We don't have to wait for someone to tell us when we can release a song, album, mixtape, tour, interview. We do what we want when we want. Yeah, and to me, I mean, yeah, that's pretty obvious.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I think JD is probably saying like it's like you're chasing When he says they're chasing the things that major artists have or get. I'm assuming they mean like Grammys or things like that. But it's like, yeah, it's going to be harder for me to get these things, but I'll keep more of my money in the long run. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I mean, obviously we know JD still hip hop legend, but a lot of JD's biggest stuff is been popping R and B, which is not typically ever an independent worlds at all. Like JD is very much used to that system because to create superstars you do need a major label to some degree, So that's probably I'm just sure JD has seen the benefits of what a major can actually do and provide for you because he's you know, so so deaf with universal and I'm so Sonya rather has helped a lot of his artists to become superstars. So maybe he just doesn't see the value in the indie thing because his goals are more on the superside, superstar side. I guess, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: See, I know what happened. He was in the studio. One of them conversations came about.
Speaker 1: JD's good good for this. At least once a month he does stir up the timeline with no.
Speaker 5: But I like it though, because obviously we're talking about, you know, one of the most legendary producers and that we have in our culture. So I like the fact that you know, this is to me, this is what social media is about, Like you know, somebody like Jermain Duprix who has accomplished all that he has in the music industry and entertainment industry, you know, just having you know, those conversations in the studio that I've been or that we've been privy enough to be around in real time and just go to social media with it and just pose the question where it reaches a bunch of different people, because it's like, Okay, if it's five of us in here having this conversation and we're all arguing and yelling, it's like, you know what, let me tweet this. Other artists that you know, someone who are independent will see this. They'll chime in and they'll you know, respond to it, which is what Ransom and Crook and obviously l Russell and others have done.
Speaker 3: So I like this. I like this type of.
Speaker 5: Question posing from an artist or you know, a producer such as Jamaine Depris.
Speaker 1: I can't think of an example right off the top of my head right now, but have you ever had like a convo with your friends or even like when we're off Mike in the studio having a great debate or make a great point like I should tweet this thinking like you really smoke something because in the room at that time it felt like you were winning. And then you know, Timeline, you don't sem to think otherwise.
Speaker 5: You don't know how many times I've had that situation and somebody said, yo, mal you got the most tweet it right now and ask and I'm like, hell no, because I know I know what reading it versus having somebody ask you, Yeah, like this question that Jamaine tweeted. I know if he actually you actually could hear him asking the question, the context is totally different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and give more points and more context to it.
Speaker 5: You only have so many Well, now you can tweet as much as you want, right, there's not a character limit on tweets anymore.
Speaker 3: No, I just see porns. I'm guessing there's no, no.
Speaker 6: There's character limits if you don't pay for Twitter.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, okay, gotcha, I deliver right to Elon's pockets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can put it right in there. You head it to it.
Speaker 1: When I saw it, they like changed it to two eighty and then to unlimited. I thought I was gonna like be happy about that. I don't really go above one forty anyway. That was a good note.
Speaker 3: That's why I never paid for because I'm like, I don't tweet that much.
Speaker 6: It rory. Do you ever regret not being like regret being independent? No, not at all, because you are fully independent right completely.
Speaker 1: It's I will say, because compilation albums are very tough because everything is feature based, and getting features is tough, and you're waiting on other people's time. It would be way easier if I was on a major the resources of one money because you know, a lot of what I do, my project is based off personal relationships with people that are doing it to make the song. They're not looking for like a verse fee or anything like that. I could probably get some bigger features if I was like, Yo, I have a butt, do you need fifty K? Yeah?
Speaker 6: And not.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't believe the rumor that major labels can just hit a button and make your song go crazy. But they definitely you don't believe that. I think it's way more complicated and way more factors than just going this is a hit in your superstar because I'm universal, I think.
Speaker 3: They have that's exactly how easy it is.
Speaker 1: Then why wouldn't they do it all the time? Because it was why is rare them?
Speaker 5: It would be way too is a superstar rare? Yes, I don't know why Why can't they just still? I still don't understand the Playboy Cardi thing.
Speaker 1: Still that But to me, that's not major label ship. That's him building a cult and core fan base that like that type of ship.
Speaker 6: Play will Cardi showed them niggas it is mobbing and he's agreement, and but.
Speaker 1: Otto built a crazy community and I don't think it was a major going what was the song? Just tell when you're asking the wrong person.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what the song like and point to me this is this is no knock to Cardi, But I'm just saying when you have it, because he's a superstar. As far as I'm concerned, I can't attach it to a like what was the record, what was the moment?
Speaker 3: What was the I just can't see it.
Speaker 1: And I mean, I think that kind of proves the point then, because we don't know what that major label button moment was. It was over time. He built that community. And if major labels could do that, why when Rihanna has clearly retired, they didn't go new Rihanna.
Speaker 3: Because Rihanna doesn't want to put out music she could know, why.
Speaker 1: Can't they just create an Rihanna? Then if they can just hit a button.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel like Tyler's on the way.
Speaker 1: I now you disrespect rihal I like Tyler too, but let's not even put certain people in a sentence.
Speaker 3: You know you miss you miss what I'm saying. I'm not saying.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that I could the same package, the same way Rihanna came out, and people kind of were like a little hesitant on deciding, you know, if they liked her or not, because I remember that, I remember ponder, ponder, replaying all that I was did for that, I remember those moments. I'm just saying it got to a point that with Tyler's smashed with her water record smash, right, But I could see them kind of putting her through the same type of you know, that's kind of like she's a She's obviously a beautiful, a beautiful woman. I could see her at some point in time getting into the beauty space. Okay, the music the same type of you know, Caribbean, afrocentric, that type of vibe. I could see her than now them pushing her more into like real R and B lane at some point, Okay, I could see it. I'm sitting here with certain writers, R and B writers, producers getting her real R and B sound, getting her away from the African just afrobeats type of vibe, and I could see I could see that for Tyler. I could see the music industry absolutely pushing her through the same type of gauntlet that they did Ranne. At one point and shout out to Tyler because she's obviously talented and she's dope. But you can see it, like, Okay, I've seen this, seen this play before.
Speaker 1: I mean how that mean when she makes anti?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're talked about but how long? How long unto Rihanna's career did that happen?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Later on?
Speaker 3: But exactly so it's the same thing.
Speaker 5: The point I'm making to you, give it time, let's watch it, but I can see it early, like, Okay, they're gonna sit Tyler with a real R and B producer, get her real R and B album project, and it's gonna Now she's into the R and B lane.
Speaker 3: I would dominate.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't say R and B because R and B singers are not really successful these days. Like R and B is not the successful Rihanna wasn't even R and B Rihanna as a pop artist.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean yeah, but R and B pop pop is just popular, like we know R and B is pop music.
Speaker 1: I'm actually shocked this take is coming from you, because you are typically the person that has so much respect for actual like legends that you hate when we even compare, like the person.
Speaker 6: That hates Jello.
Speaker 1: When we say it's a good record to even compare to other legitimate artists, you rightfully so get upset. So that's why I think it's kind of nuts that you would put Tyler, even in a sentence off a hypothetical.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm you're you're making it too much.
Speaker 5: You'regging it a little bit because you're making it too much of a comparison thing. I'm not saying Tyler. I'm saying the same thing that they did for Rihanna. They started out with her roots, her sound, her culture. It was that heavy. It was Caribbean heavy with Rihanna at first. It then transitions into shit her with Neo. Let's get these records, get with the dream, get the umbrella and all of that. Let Jake put a verse on that, you know what I'm saying, Like I could see them doing the same thing with Tyler milliare.
Speaker 1: Definitely invested in going to make sure she continues to be a very popular artist. But I just don't think it's just a label thing at that point. Like Water was successful, yes, because the majors did get behind it and you could not fucking escape that song. Water is also an incredible fucking song.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm not saying it's not.
Speaker 1: Yes, major labels know how to push the button on incredible records to get them in front of more eyes and ears. Like, let's not just say they hit a button on anything. It takes two to get to that superstar level. They'll put some bullshit out that'll just play on radio.
Speaker 5: You worked in it industry, You mean to tell me you don't think that is It's just a simple phone call for them to say, you know what, we're going to get her on the view with Whoopee, We're going to get her on this with her, We're going to put this artist on this show with that daytime TV.
Speaker 3: It's literally just phone calls.
Speaker 6: But that doesn't make you a superstars.
Speaker 1: I agree that the major system back to the superstar shit. You need a major to have those connections. Yes, with a major, you'll probably get on fallin easier, but that doesn't mean you're going to stay on if the music sucks. That's what makes superstars. Yes, they get buttons.
Speaker 6: Pushed again, but they delivered.
Speaker 5: But the button pushing is literally Yo, get her in the studio with Mike Dean, get her in the studio with this person, it's literally just the label making calls that they already have with people they already have relationships with, like this is the next superstar. Label, you can create the next superstar. You can absolutely push a button to say this is the next superstar.
Speaker 1: I agree, But what is the deciding factor that makes them a superstar and keep them in the game for fifteen twenty years. It's their talent level as well. They have given plenty of artists an opportunity to be on Foulin and do a live performance on late night TV. Doesn't mean they become superstars. Yes, the majors give you the opportunity. Yeah, but how much a lot of people don't deliver from.
Speaker 3: How much talent do you need today to be a superstar?
Speaker 6: Well, who are this super about to say? And we have a lot?
Speaker 1: Because isn't there isn't.
Speaker 6: No, you don't need a lot of this hand, don't need a lot this superstar title.
Speaker 5: You do not need a loperstar right now. I'm whoever you want to name is a superstar. I'm saying you today in twenty twenty five, to be a superstar in the music business, you do not need a lot of talent because a lot of superstars that we can name are not great vocalists. I'm not gonna put no names on it with y'all. They're not great vocalists Without all of the bells and whistles and tricks and shit on the mixing board, they do not sound that good. They cannot dance that good. So what are we talking about? Whilere you acting like it's so hard to make it? If a label decides this is the person we're investing in, and we're putting the house behind that person is going to be successful. We've seen it Tom and Tom again, and then we see people that are like them. She sings better than her, or he sings better. How is that he dances better than him, she dances better than her? How is she not a superstar?
Speaker 6: There's things that go into being so first of all, that's why I said, what's a superstar?
Speaker 5: A superstar somebody that just has that. It's a confidence thing, It's a it's a you elude this type of energy.
Speaker 3: Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Why you may not be the greatest singer or greatest dancer when you walk in the room. It's something about you that people say I like this.
Speaker 1: That's definitely a factor. For sure. That's a talent and that, but it's a movie star. It's not the acting. I agree with you, that is definitely so it's the same thing in movies. It's the same thing you can't you can't name. I don't need to be able to hit that note.
Speaker 5: If I sing it to this mic and you do what you have to do behind that board, I hit that note by.
Speaker 3: The time you hear it.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying every superstar is Christina Aguilera when it comes to singing, but you cannot name me one superstar that is not extremely, extremely, extremely talented, not one.
Speaker 6: I think the only one that people will argue would be Rihanna. And that's not Shaye to Rihanna, because I absolutely love Rihanna. But it's been well known that people have doubted her vocals over the year, so that she wasn't a strong vocalist, said that she's not a strong dancer. Rihanna is just going a for aura. You can't out. She was born to be a store. She was born to be a star.
Speaker 1: And what did Rihanna do her entire career deliver incredible classic music Despite agree not being the best vocalist spirit Jennifer Lopez is not a good vocalist.
Speaker 5: What's the part of the superstar. What's the part of delivering those those records? What's a major part of delivering.
Speaker 6: Those records is the people writing them and producing them. I mean, he's not lying about that.
Speaker 3: Why are you acting like this right now?
Speaker 1: You make music, bro, the amount of references with Rihanna records, I've heard and we know.
Speaker 5: People that I don't want to delivered this better. I don't want it more of a wait wait, wait, I do not want to make this a Rihanna thing. I'm not trying to make the surrianite. I'm talking in general. Why are you acting like you can't just take this person, this artist, and once you put them in a room ry Right now, if you put me in the room with Dream and whatever fucking other producer you want to put me in a room with, I could make a fucking hit record.
Speaker 1: Moll, I guarantee you there are thousands and thousands and thousands of songs that labels sent to the Dream that did not work out.
Speaker 5: Of course, I'm not saying it's not I'm just saying when it label decides that they have this person, like, damn, this person right here, this is the next.
Speaker 1: So why don't they do that? Why is Tanashi not a star?
Speaker 6: Why they tried very hard and everything.
Speaker 1: World for her, every opportunity, And I do think she's talented, not the best vocalist all the time either does kind of have an hit factor?
Speaker 6: Why why didn't that work out? Why didn't read the oral workout? It's not foolproof, Like I get what Maul is saying, like it does help, but you have to be that girl. If you not or that boy, if you not that, then there's no button in the world they can press that will give you. You might have one hit, but it's not gonna give you longevity. Like it's just not gonna happen. You can't fake that, especially for too long. You can't fake it for too long. The reader or is a perfect example because they put the fucking house behind.
Speaker 1: Her, and that is what separates it. Anyone can get the opportunities from the majors. They themselves are what keeps them on. Yes, of course there's help, there's right as a producers. But so there's plenty of people that get those shots and put out bullshit. Plenty of people have worked with Dream, have had Timberland Beats, had every fucking publication look that you could get, and did not make it because they weren't a superstar. Like I won't say dogect superstar, but she's a star.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 6: Just hold on wait, y'all just called Playboy Cardi a superstar if you can call it Playboy Cardi a superstar. Called Playboy Cardios, y'all did? That was how this whole entire conversation came.
Speaker 1: About star thing. But I think Playboy Cardi is a superstar.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 6: I think that that that's super one that said that different. He has a literal coach. That's not when I think super can You can't.
Speaker 3: Have a coat following and not be a superstar.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift is a superstar. Beyonce is a superstar. Justin Bieber is a superstar. Think that guy is a superstar.
Speaker 6: Beyonce is a mega star. Is a little bit different, Beyonce, Michael Jackson, you and entering into mega I think Usher Usher is a superstar. Yeah, I don't think Playboy cart is a superstar. Usher is a superstar. Rihanna is a superstar. Bruno Mars superstar, Playboy Carti is not a superstar. He's a star, but he's not a superstar. I think there's a little bit of a difference.
Speaker 1: And so back to the Dojakat thing.
Speaker 5: If Playboy CARDI tweet right now that he's a Union Square Park, it's gonna be pandemonium on Fourteenth Street.
Speaker 1: What all right? What if Ariana Grande tweeted that they got a city down superstar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think the same ship would have with Playboy Superstar. If Playboy CARDI tweets I'm in Union Square Park right now playing my album, it's going to be pandemonium uptown.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 6: He's a very popular I.
Speaker 5: Don't say popular, he's a superstar. Bro, we're not doing that he's in I don't understand it. I'm gonna be the first to tell you. Maybe it's outside of what I'm my algorithm. I don't understand it.
Speaker 3: But I recognize a superstar when I see one. Playboy Card is a superstar.
Speaker 1: He's a list in hip hop.
Speaker 3: That's not however you want to.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's playable pretty much.
Speaker 5: Cut you want to put on that dope, Rory, do what you gotta do. Playboy Card is a superstar.
Speaker 1: What's the biggest venue that he's gonna sell out?
Speaker 6: Oh, don't do that because Playboy Card.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking anything Cardi. I'm aware of how poper I believe you could sell out the Garden. I wouldn't be shocked if he sold out the Garden.
Speaker 3: But that's a superstar.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a star.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: You when he sells out MetLife, then talk.
Speaker 6: To me, Well he has two shows.
Speaker 1: Nah if I Met Life like that's insane. There's a handful of people that could do. Travis Scott is a superstar. Yes, star, he sold our Met Life. He's a star.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 6: You tripping? What ain't talking about? Nobody gonna fuck you? Squabble up that nigga. Playboy Carti is a superstar. Bro, I'll fight you one on one. I don't give a fuck. I don't need no help. Playboy Catti is a superstar. How you take that far?
Speaker 1: I don't need help.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that's like that.
Speaker 6: I'll take the I'll take.
Speaker 3: The one on one. Playboy Card is a superstar.
Speaker 1: If this podcast breaks up because of Playboy Cardian.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying, Playboy Carti to me is a superstar. I think if you have a coat following the side that he has, bro, that's superstar.
Speaker 3: Shit, Bro, that's not easy about star.
Speaker 6: I think of talent, So I won't agree with you on that because I think that talent is a factor no matter how popular you are. I think it ordered to be a superstar, you have to have the company and talent to back it up.
Speaker 1: Which which one of these does not belong Taylor Swift, Beyonce.
Speaker 6: Joe, Taylor Swift is a megastar, Leeve, g.
Speaker 1: GA, Madonna, Rihanna, Ari, you on Grande? Playboy CARDI which one? Which one is not belonged?
Speaker 5: Because I don't even like your tone in the way you drop your tone when you said his name and all of that.
Speaker 3: Don't do that.
Speaker 5: Because I think that all of those artists that you just named, I think they'll do They'll do a song with Playboy Cardy. I think he can get a feature with all of them. I Spike's got a record with Taylor Swift, We're not doing that. Playboy card could get a record with Taylor Swift, We're not doing that.
Speaker 1: Well, he he just got a song win a superstar the weekend exactly.
Speaker 6: He's on tour with the weekend Actually the weekend superstar is a superstar. Yeah, playboy card is right there.
Speaker 1: You've never seen a tour with two superstars except for jay Z and Beyonce. And I don't even know if jay Z would be consider a superstar.
Speaker 6: We're not doing that another one that was a superstar tour.
Speaker 3: Jay Z is a superstar. We're not doing that. We're not doing that. Jay Z is a superstar, y you cat in.
Speaker 6: I mean, we don't need to, we don't need topics. Stop, just stopper.
Speaker 3: Jay Z is not a superstar. Just stop, yo, what's up?
Speaker 6: Star? No, Jalen Brunton is a star. Jay Z is a He's a mega star. In my world, jay Z is a fucking superstar. We are you talking about star? Are you crazy?
Speaker 1: I just reserved that for people that I named.
Speaker 6: He started a billionaire walk like he walks with billionaires in the morning just to get his steps in.
Speaker 3: That's superstar shit are you talking?
Speaker 1: No, that's a that's a superstar business man.
Speaker 6: What however, you.
Speaker 3: Want to again put as much cut on the dope as you want, jay Z.
Speaker 1: You know I'm a whole avenger that I would say that Michael Jackson and jay Z should be in the same sentence. But if somebody was being objective and put up the stats of both of those people, they do not belong in the same sentence.
Speaker 6: But do you keep saying, Michael Jackson ain't no superstar, fucking god, like that's what I'm saying, Like you care about Michael Jackson, Taylor Swift, Beyonce are not superstars there they are surpassed that. That's what that's why they bring.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's where our disconnecting this conversation is done. If going off the definitions you guys are saying, then yes, jay Z's is a superstar. If we're having the level of megastar in this mix, jay Z is a superstar. Cardi is still just a star even if we're adding megastars in this mix.
Speaker 6: Yeah I don't. Yeah, I'm not really going with that. But again, I'm using an old school definition. So but I think this is our a list conversation all over again, and I think that we just all.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't want to get back to the point of if labels can just do that, why don't they do it more? That was my original point too.
Speaker 5: Yes, well again because everybody doesn't have that thing about them. They don't have that air about them, they don't have that presence, they don't have that you know, that thing. Sometimes they try it with certain people and it just doesn't work. But again when you have certain people, sometimes they get it right. And I just think that, you know, we got to start just acknowledging, like, yeah, no, definitely they push the buttons on that artist to make it a little Artists are talented artists, you know has that thing. But the labels definitely do a thing where they're like, yo, listen, we're going to pull out all the stops for this person.
Speaker 6: But it's usually because that person absolutely do that.
Speaker 3: But it's because that person, again, we have that thing.
Speaker 6: So then so then the deciding factor is not the labels, because again the labels try it with some people and it doesn't work. Then this deciding factor is that artist, which goes back to the labels. Cannot just push a button and make an artist a star. This the artist has to have star quality already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we are actually kind of all agreeing with each other in a weird argumentative way. No, I don't call that, but even like I will say Eminem would probably not be a superstar if he did not have Jimmy Iveen, Interscope, doctor Dre. He would still be an extremely talented, talented rapper, one of the greatest people to pick up a pen. But yes, the majors made him a superstar, but that came with his talent as well. I think there is deciding factors where people wouldn't have been superstars if they didn't have a major, but they still would be talented.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's a lot of people that are talented.
Speaker 5: Talent is something that a lot of people, you know, in music or film and things like that, that they have.
Speaker 3: But again, sometimes talent is just not enough.
Speaker 5: I know a lot of talented people and I'm like, damn, why are you not You way more talented than this person.
Speaker 3: Why your shit ain't And there's other things.
Speaker 5: Work ethic, you know, things like that, that factor, and you know, little attributes that.
Speaker 3: You need as well.
Speaker 5: When you're talking about superstar shit, you have to be you know, you have to go literally, you know, blackout into what your art, your craft, lose friendships, not speak to your family. You got to be willing to go down those type of holes to just become who you want to become, and some people are not willing to do that. But more times than none, if.
Speaker 3: A person has that air, that quality about them and they have just a little talent, labels will push a button to magnify that little talent that that person has because they believe this person is a star. Why they might not be as talented as they may not be able to sing like Whitney.
Speaker 1: But and to me, outside of Rihanna's taste level, her quality, to me, her real, real raw talent is hard work because, as were saying, when she first came out, it wasn't like obvious that she was gonna be the next one. She worked her fucking ass off to even get to that point where her vocals weren't the best but could make number one records. Like I went to early Rihanna show and then I went to the was unapologetic to her. The difference in her performances was insane. There's no way you do that and improve like that if you're not one of the hardest working people.
Speaker 5: I mean, we yeah, that's part of it, but again, you know, we've seen what Cassie looked like early and we thought it was going to be something we thought, I mean, we.
Speaker 3: Thought she was on her way.
Speaker 5: What Ryan Leslie was doing with her, the music that they were creating, undeniable records.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Me and You was there another undeniable Castie record. Me and You was a class.
Speaker 6: I missed your girl, I miss you girl. I'm gonna make you my official girl and long long way Togo, but official girl with Lil Wayne. She had some for sure. I think at one point Tierra Marie might have had a bigger record than Rihanna.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So this is what I'm saying. So you know she was a priority at before. This is when I'm playing they were there at the same time. Yeah, but kream where I stopped. Look at the difference in that, you can't Rihanna's undeniable with her hard work, and even if she wasn't.
Speaker 5: Understand it for sure she did that. I ain't mean a scream at you. I don't know if, but I ain't mean to do that to you.
Speaker 6: I mean, but to Ma's point, Tiera Marie might to Tierra Marie might be on that side of it's not about how work. They came and saw this, this light skinned girl, and they pushed the button on her and I was left in the dust even though I had the talent.
Speaker 1: Listen, So I'm not saying that you can't push the button and have your moment. A label can create a moment an artist once not fucking deserve it all. I'm not saying that, but you see, when they're not talented or have that edge factor, it was just a momently because they pushed that button. Of course, Tia Marie, she was like, what's seventeen eighteen? Like, I don't want to like say this if she did write the record, but I'm assuming like she was given that record. They put a crazy budget behind the video of course, serviced one or six of Park Trol put jay Z in the fucking video. Like yeah, those were button pushing shit. Yeah, but you see that that's not the only thing that can keep someone around. But also, to her credit, label politics fucked her shit up as well. It wasn't I don't want to say, like, yo, she didn't work hard and that's why she didn't make it. A lot of funck shit was happening. Timing is a huge thing too. Timing, luck and politics also are factors and all that.
Speaker 5: You know, it's other things that play into being you know, getting to that superstar level, but you know, the label recognizing that, you know, we have something here.
Speaker 3: Let's kind of like amplify this. Let's kind of like put the nitrous oxide in the front. Like I think it works.
Speaker 1: I think a Mill had some of the worst timing ever. Like I feel for her. I think she was on her way, but what was going on at Rock of Fell around the time she was starting to have her moment moment was fucked up. Yeah, so even though she was super talented, no buttons could be pushed at that time, and everything broke off and she was, you know, only relying on them to put the music out. So timing is a huge thing as well.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, timing is everything.
Speaker 1: But with that said, Playbook Cardi is nice.
Speaker 3: He tripped. I can't wait.
Speaker 5: I can't wait for play with Cardi to announce a surprise show and then you just see exactly how Yeah it'll be nuts and then he won't show up. That's superstar shit. Only the superstars could do that. That's reserved for the superstars. I got a show and I won't be there and it's still sold out. Yeah, superstar shit.
Speaker 1: Outside of like money, legacy and all that I do envy that I can't do superstars. She like when Mariah Carey, the rumors would be like she needs like a hundred puppies on her rider in the green room, like only yellow Eminem's.
Speaker 3: And shit, yeah superstar shit.
Speaker 1: Like I kind of wish I could get some of that shit because I feel like I'd get really really creative if I had the juice where somebody like, well, we have to get your hundred puppies.
Speaker 3: Exactly, superstars that have.
Speaker 6: To get hundred puppies reserve for select few.
Speaker 1: I forgot what artist it was that kind of explained insane riders. That did make sense because there was always articles about like artists is being super divas and like look how weird these people are what they make venues go through. He said, yeah, I only put yellow Eminem's on my rider because when I walk in the green room, if they did that, I know everything else is covered. Yeah, okay, they put little weird detail ship and that would be the same fact that they cover. But they did that, then the ship I really need, like the right water where like they did it. Then it's just to force people to pay attention to details, which makes sense.
Speaker 3: I understand that. I could definitely understand that. Yeah, yeah, but my bad.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, I gave the little animated you look excited and you know, my guy, my friend, I don't want to listen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say I forgive you on Mike and then hold in my actual resentments and just be passive aggressive. But talk to my therapist about it and not ever to you.
Speaker 5: No, but do you think that because it is it is healthy for I think friends to debate and argunion.
Speaker 1: Of course I don't know. I never take that ship.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I know that. But have you ever like physically fought one of your friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And are y'all still friends?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We're friends since like real friends.
Speaker 3: But when did y'all fight?
Speaker 1: I was about saying it was in high school, like when I was okay, yeah, I'm talking about it was. It was over a fucking bed at a sleepover. We scratched, like we That was like the first time I really felt like like sore as fuck after a fight the next day was a lot to.
Speaker 6: JOA was probably fighting for mad long too, just dumb.
Speaker 5: I don't think you could ever really well as teenagers. Yes, I can understand, but as an adult, do you think that you could fight, like physically fight a friend and go back to being friends.
Speaker 1: Not not as an adult.
Speaker 3: I don't think I don't. As an adult, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think high school younger, like that is kind of part of growing up, like you definitely fight with the people in your neighborhood that are your friends, Like I don't know, just growing up with kid emotions that that can happen, and as long as you know there's no grinding shit, you can move on and just be friends. As an adult, though, I think that's kind of weird, yah, because I feel like if I even think adults should really fight like that, if it's not a legitimate fucking reason, so let alone with a friend, Like I'm not fighting my now, yeah, thirty four years old, I'm not going to do no.
Speaker 5: I just think that you know, younger, you don't understand. We don't well, we didn't understand how to express certain emotions and certain things we was feeling, you know, as young males. But as a grown man, I think if you get into like you go to blows with like one of your.
Speaker 3: Friends, I don't think that y'all are real friends.
Speaker 5: I think that there's something that one of y'all would kind of like harboring and it just came to a head. And sure, because I've been down that road, Like you have like little debates with a friend and they'll say something and you'd be like, I just need a reason, like you just holding like you tell when they was holding that, Like, Yo, you've been waiting to get that off?
Speaker 3: Because what we're.
Speaker 6: Talking about right like Playboy cart Yeah? Yeah, Like because what we are Playboy KARTI ain't gonna bring that emotion out of you, like you ain't gonna tell me like yeah, and I ain't like what you just like wait, what was this party?
Speaker 2: Shit?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But like nah, as grown men, I don't think that you could come into like a physical blows with your friend and it'd be like, nah, were back homes.
Speaker 1: I just don't like when I've seen a new feeling for me. Though, I will say I never fought any of my friends in my twenties or the early thirties and anything, but I would probably if you asked me that question a couple of years ago, I would say, yes, it would have to be a legitimate, real reason to fight. And I think you guys can go back to being friends at thirty four going on thirty five. No, I'm not going to.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine.
Speaker 1: I'm not having an altercation physically with my friends.
Speaker 5: A friend of mine called me out for a fight one time. Well he didn't call me out, but it it almost came to like we almost came to blows.
Speaker 3: But I knew.
Speaker 5: I knew what it was because we had conversation like a couple of weeks before, and I knew what he was dealing with and going through. So in that moment where he was like it seemed like he wanted to fight. If you were there, I looked like I got pumped because I was.
Speaker 3: Like, yo, you know what, you got it? But I knew why he was.
Speaker 5: You know, those emotions was there because we had had like a real talk. He was going through some things, you know, financially, he wasn't in the greatest space. So it got a little but I recognized it, and I was like, you got it, bro, you know what I'm saying, And that's my you know, that's like a friend. But I knew in that moment if I responded with aggression, we would have came to blows and it would have been whacked because I know what he was really going through at the time, and that energy wasn't for me.
Speaker 1: No, of course, of course it wouldn't be in that regard. You just have to learn how to carry your emotions because fighting you wouldn't get him out of that financials is that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, there was no grandpa at the end of the fight.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I mean unless he like robbed you for your debit card and ran right to the ATM before you could cancel it. That's the tree after he beat you up live.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's different.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 5: JD is calling me, Yo, my brother, j D. How you feeling what's happening?
Speaker 3: I'm good, bro.
Speaker 5: So we was just in there talking and your tweet, you know, came up that you tweeted out last night, and me and Rory were talking. I said, I know JD was probably in the studio having one of them conversations and just wanted to get the feeling, the vibe of the outside world and see what they were they were feeling.
Speaker 4: But uh so.
Speaker 5: About the tweet, how did that? How did that come about? What was you in in the studio talking about? Because I know that's where he was at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was in the studio actually by myself though I was actually I saw something that said Instagram had they made a new function. That is the guy the commercial said it could be the greatest thing.
Speaker 4: For independent artists.
Speaker 2: And at that at that second, I'm like, okay, So he left out major artists, he said independent artists only. So then I'm like, okay, so let me So I'm checking it out and looking and see what it is. And it says that you know, you could play independent artists could play their new music for their fans for thirty seconds in the DM and it helps the algorithm at Spotify, right. So so I mean at that point I'm just like okay, cool. So then I just want to, like I said, I this is just made me ask like what is the special thing.
Speaker 4: About being independent? Like the special thing? Right? And I was just.
Speaker 2: Reading right now waiting on you to call me that you can go this way. That that Steve Stout wrote ownership, control, freedom of all all the things that have been taken from artists since the beginning of time.
Speaker 3: I mean that that was his response. That was his response to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's his response that from artists. That's the answer. That's the answer.
Speaker 2: I just was saying, like, you know, and in anything that we do, it's a special it's a special thing or reason why you want to go to the NBA.
Speaker 4: If you're in college, it's.
Speaker 2: A special reason that you want to go to the NFL. If you play Pop Warner, it's a special reason that you go to Paris for.
Speaker 4: Fashion Week.
Speaker 2: It's a special reason, right, I just wanted to I was asking what is a special reason.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy that people got so mad about the question, because yeah, but I'm saying, when people get mad, it starts.
Speaker 4: It lets me know that there's.
Speaker 2: Something else going on because you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 2: You can ask me a question.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna get.
Speaker 2: Mad like you asked me any question you want to ask me. I'm not gonna get mad and start saying crazy shit to you, like.
Speaker 4: Well, because well you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna do I don't have a reason to do that. And it's it's like and ultimately, like I said, I wasn't picking at nobody.
Speaker 4: That's independent. If that's what you do, that's cool.
Speaker 2: But I'm also saying, if I was a person that just was coming a bud, coming into the world, and I was like, I want to I want to go independent. And I ask somebody, what's the special what's what's special.
Speaker 4: About me being if I go independent?
Speaker 2: And you told me ownership, control and freedom, I'm I'm, I'm I'm gonna be left with looking for something. I maybe I'm maybe I'm maybe my goals are too high, but that that doesn't give me enough because I know people who are going to masters, they get their ownership myself. I know people who's going to to to to the to the to the majors, and they get control myself. I know people that's going to majors and they get the freedom to put out whatever.
Speaker 4: They want myself, right.
Speaker 2: And and I've seen other people do this, right. I have seen it where these labels hire people who get in.
Speaker 4: The way, right, and they get in a way.
Speaker 2: Of people like myself, and then it's a problem. But it's all business, right, It's all business, and it's all that's the part that I'm trying to make sure people and a younger generation of people understand.
Speaker 4: It's all business.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: And you say better contracts.
Speaker 2: I don't, that's not that's not a specialty of going independent, because better contracts is based on your business mindset, the lawyer that you have, and how you create a deal.
Speaker 4: It's all about you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like Magic Johnson was offered stocking to Nike and he didn't take it.
Speaker 4: Michael Jordan did deal.
Speaker 2: Michael Jordan's mother made the Nike deal.
Speaker 4: And Michael Jordan's a billionaire.
Speaker 2: Right, It's all about business. It's not and even in sports, right when you look at sports and you look at fashion, right, I looking at for real?
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Pharell became the creative director of Louis Vuitton. That's a company that he doesn't own. He works there now he's a creative director. He has a deal with mo Ed, he has to deal with Tiffany. Why ain't nobody saying why ain't for real creating his own clothing and doing you know what I'm saying. It's interesting to me that only in the music business we have this mentality, and every other.
Speaker 4: Business in the world is the same. It's just business.
Speaker 2: So that's all I was asking. I would I wasn't really trying to what did y'all think when y'all ready.
Speaker 5: Well I said, I started with well JD did say, I'm a little lost. So I started with that. I said, I think that people read that the you know, they read it out of context. I thought that if you, if they if you posted a video asking it, I think people would have understood the context.
Speaker 2: I went. I did. I went to that's what I'm saying, that's what the Steve Stout coming is on my on my Instagram page. So I posted I went live because somebody on there said, JD you tripping and I said, Okay, I'm gonna go live so you can tell me why I'm tripping, because all I did was ask a question.
Speaker 4: I didn't even say nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out how I'm tripping by asking question.
Speaker 3: No, I totally understand that.
Speaker 5: And we was in here saying, like, you know, I think that it got what you asked was out of context. People didn't understand the context of it, because I did feel like you were just trying to figure out, like, well, what is it that y'all want? And you know, if y'all want to be independent, but y'all want the same thing that the majors want, So what is it that y'all want on the indie level?
Speaker 3: Like what are y'all after? What are y'all chasing and like you say, you.
Speaker 5: Know, you've gotten control of your own your masters, and gotten all of this creative freedom and to do whatever you want on a major as well. So again it's all up to how you structure your deal and go after what you want.
Speaker 3: But you can do that on a major level. You don't.
Speaker 5: You can't because you can have a terrible indie deal as well. You can have a terrible situation independent as well.
Speaker 2: Like I look at like like Saint Fancis Kanye deal that was at def Camp. From my understanding, Kanye had one of the most glorified deals that Universal has ever given an artist.
Speaker 4: Period right.
Speaker 2: It's just one of the biggest favor any artist period right. And and as a as a as a person, if you're good and your music is great, like Kanye's music, you can get whatever you want. I think that that's a I think that's another thing.
Speaker 4: That people don't understand, you know.
Speaker 2: And I, like I said, when I when I first started making music, the goal was to make a demo hit the streets, run around New York, go to l a meet, have meetings and talk to.
Speaker 4: People and see if you're gonna get signed.
Speaker 6: I get it now.
Speaker 4: It's just like you just put the music out. I get it.
Speaker 2: So I mean but that, but like I said, none of that was what my question was.
Speaker 4: I'm just asking what is the perk of being independent?
Speaker 2: And I guess, like I said, Steve stopped being you know, United masters him saying that, I'm I just posted what he said because I guess that's the that's it. You just get freedom and creative control and that's it, right, So cool.
Speaker 3: But you had that, You've had that on the major yourself.
Speaker 2: So yeah, like I'm saying, I've seen by the way I've seen rest in Peace. My brother got it. Erv got it own Murder inc. That's why he sold it, you know what I mean. He got big bag this and the third he owned it. If you write your music, you own all your publishing.
Speaker 4: Anyway, right, So that I don't even have nothing to do with a label or majors or not.
Speaker 2: Right. I'm a guy that's been writing songs since the beginning one hundred percent of I don't know nothing about people.
Speaker 4: Taking my royalties, right, it ain't.
Speaker 3: Put on that.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, you know, I'm saying, it ain't no other names for me to put on the records for it to go that direction. If you writing your own music and you're sitting in the studio every night, the credit automatic.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know it's an automatically coming. You gotta fight for what you got to do.
Speaker 2: It's just part of business. And like I said, I wasn't trying to shoot on nobody. I was really just asking a real question. I didn't know that niggas is gonna get mad at you. But I'm like God, because I'm saying I still don't understand why the guy on Instagram said this is be the.
Speaker 4: Thing for independent artists. Why can't just be the thing for everybody?
Speaker 3: Right right, Okay, I'll see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: What is what is?
Speaker 4: What is it? What is it? What is like?
Speaker 2: That's that's what really made me say, Okay, so wait, why is this special for independent artists? And he's not saying this could be crazy for musical artists period.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: And then somebody then last night, somebody told me when they got on the phone, they was like, you know, JD is because an independent artist, we need everything that we can get, so any little thing that we can get is a special thing for us. And That's what I'm saying, Like it's all worth conversation and talking. But people just get mad about you asking a question.
Speaker 5: It's crazy they taking it, they taking it personal, like you asking them directly why you want to be independent?
Speaker 3: Like that's how a lot of people took that.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 3: I was offended, he said, he.
Speaker 4: You got offends.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm saying, not for real, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't that part.
Speaker 4: I don't get.
Speaker 2: I don't understand that because I'm like, all I did was ask.
Speaker 4: You, like, what is the special thing?
Speaker 2: I'm saying, like niggas, niggas bought Louis Vaton Timberland's special, right?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: I remember a time in my life when I said I would never pay two thousand dollars for a pair of shoes.
Speaker 4: It was a time in my life.
Speaker 2: When I said this, right, But then I start chasing special, right, you start chasing special. Niggas want niggas buys niggas got sneaker collections. Niggas buying two thousand dollars Jordans.
Speaker 4: Why because they special?
Speaker 2: So that's all I'm asking, what's special about being independent?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: I totally understand that before we let you go. We had another conversation. Do you believe that Playboy Carti is a superstar?
Speaker 4: Yes, but without the music.
Speaker 3: I still don't understand it.
Speaker 5: Like I believe he's a but I can't attach it to the like I don't know the music.
Speaker 2: Because SUPERSTARUM SUPERSTARUM is not musically connected all at all times, right, Like I thought Chris Klass from Superstars when I first saw them, and then we didn't have.
Speaker 4: No music, right, that's what made me. That's what there was something to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I believe that people can be superstars without the music, you know what I mean? I think that I think that we connect the two together. I don't. I don't because, like I said, I can see an artist walking down the street, or I can see a person moving around and just be like, okay, I see how people.
Speaker 1: Paying attention to this person.
Speaker 2: They start, they got something about them, and then then if you put the music for them, that the right music, then it all it all adds up. I think that that's what from what from what I.
Speaker 4: Hear, right, because I never really.
Speaker 2: Go to Rolling Loud and see Playboy Cardi perform and all that, but from what I hear and when people tell me to his performances and all of this type of stuff. The way that people react. They're reacting as if he's a superstar.
Speaker 5: Right, but it's yeah, but you can't connect it to the music necessarily.
Speaker 3: It's something about him. It's a quality about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a musical thing to me. It's more it's got to be all about his personality, his swag.
Speaker 4: The way you know, his aura aura.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: You be feeling his aura?
Speaker 3: No, not me, all right, Bro, just wanted to get some clarity on that.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you for calling me back, man.
Speaker 1: Bro, all right, I want to have that conversation with him in person, because I wasn't gonna I'm gonna let him get a ship off yelling.
Speaker 3: About the independent thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm lost how he would be lost in that? If whatever this programming was talking about that he saw the ad for. It's harder for independent artists to get in the algorithms, to get on the Spotify playlist, to get all that. It is much easier for someone on a major to get that. So if there's a program that is allowing artists to get into those algorithms without having to be on a major, that's only important for independent artists because that program people on Majors already have. It's called it the entire Digital Team. But no, I know, I agree that Majors will get you on a playlist before independent all day. It's harder for independent artists do that. So of course I see why whoever was advertising that would try to cater it to the people it would matter the most.
Speaker 4: Two.
Speaker 1: So that's where I'm confused with JD has confused that. And also yes, JD owns his masters. IRV Gotti owned half his Masters. They had joint ventures with major labels because they had a proven track record that was undeniable. There is no risk if I do a deal with IRV Gotti. Look at what he's brought this building. But IRV didn't get any percentage at all when he brought DMX to the building, when he brought JA to the building. But they said, oh, IRV has brought our last two superstars and he's got this Godjy rule, we should do a joint venture. And IRV had the leverage at that point to say, dog, no, you need to give me proof of this is a fifty to fifty joint venture that we're doing and because IRV had proved himself. JD before he did the Soco Deaf joint venture, had proved himself to be a fucking genius. So JD speaking from a deserved, privileged place, like not everybody is. IRV and JD they had leverage, which is tough to have and it takes time and you've to sign a shitty deal usually.
Speaker 3: Before and so they had they had movie about.
Speaker 1: Talent, undeniable talent, and proof that they were profitable. Fuck talent. We know you can make hit records. Absolutely, So I don't really understand what JD was saying at all. Still, even in.
Speaker 3: Context, I'll text him and telling that, so you can have a.
Speaker 1: No, I love to over some vegan ice cream. I would love to which I need to get a They saw it at Walmart Target, I gotta get it was really good.
Speaker 3: It might be another stores now, but I know at the time it was and it was definitely a Walmart.
Speaker 1: Even if you're not a vegan but you like ice grade ice JD has amazing ice cream, great ice cream. I feel like there's a pause somewhere in there, but I just can't find it. No, I was pausing myself by saying JD is good ice cream.
Speaker 3: He was being gay.
Speaker 5: Roy speaking of Playboy CARDI, he has one week left to drop Iron Music or his label will have to refund all of the pre orders. I don't know if we think that's gonna happen. I think the music will end up coming out. I don't see the labels refunding.
Speaker 1: If he was independent, he would never do that.
Speaker 3: Points are made, But I do think the album will come out. I don't. I don't, I don't. I don't see them ever letting go there.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's ever gonna put music out ever again, like in life. Yes, I think he like kind of enjoys what this mystery is now, or he'll put out like a blank CD.
Speaker 3: He might be able to sell a blank CD.
Speaker 1: Oh, he would definitely sell a blank city Superstar ship.
Speaker 3: See see how.
Speaker 5: I wrote, I rerilled you right into that. Only superstars can do that.
Speaker 3: I rerilled you right in it.
Speaker 1: Not only could he do that, he also has the ability and a fan base that would call it genius classic.
Speaker 3: I could hear it, yeah, y'all, don't hear it, y'all? No, that could be.
Speaker 5: That would be a thing on Twitter like Yo, y'all really don't hear the music?
Speaker 6: People like, wait, went over your head?
Speaker 5: Yeah, y'all really no, I really hear the music. Ya, y'all don't hear yah, you're your your ship is blank. Like I could see people getting into a back and forth about that.
Speaker 1: I wish that happened with Playboy Cardi's music. I'm mad, I have to hear it.
Speaker 5: Really I I don't really like I said, I don't. I can't connect it. But he is a he is a superstar. As far as unclecterned other music coming out tonight, well, if you're reading this, you listen to this is already out jell On Glorilla.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a long Friday from all because you know that's a bona fide hit, jel On Glorilla. I don't even need to hear it. It could be a blank CD. That's a fucking record.
Speaker 3: That's the labels pushing the button. Back to what I'm.
Speaker 6: Saying, invested seven million, they pushing noted, that's their button, seven million dollars.
Speaker 3: That's how much a button costs. How much your buttons costs.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me you don't think jell is put in the necessary even put the work hours to get that global fat No, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think he did at all. I don't think he did. But whatever it is, I ain't hated. Get your money, Gunner, Turbo, Classy Girl, Wu Tang has a Mandingo.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know who listen.
Speaker 5: We gotta talk to to the brothers of Is it an hour? I don't know what it is, but whatever it is, I don't want no parts of man Dingo now, but I'm assuming it's an album though.
Speaker 1: I feel like there'd be more promo than Wu Tang. I mean, I know they're going on tour, but I just feel like there'd be more promo putting ot the full project.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, but whatever it is, I'm I'm checking it out. Benny the Butcher, The Outcome, Little Dirk, Deep Thoughts Uh and those are just some of the projects dropping already out now. If you're listening to this, so a lot of new music coming out. Good Friday for music.
Speaker 1: I feel crazy even saying this. Benny is gonna be the first album that I hit play on, but I think Jello and Gloilla is gonna be the first thing I go to him at.
Speaker 5: Night yeah, because you just want to hear if I'm right, just so you can text me and be like, yo, fam.
Speaker 3: You don't want to walk that take back.
Speaker 1: Anytime Nas puts anything out, I drop what I'm doing to go listen. You don't think I give a goat like Jello the same.
Speaker 3: Respect, same respect as Nas. I like that for you.
Speaker 1: Is Jello superstar?
Speaker 3: No? Absolutely not, absolutely not, not even.
Speaker 1: He's on his way like Tyler though. No, he's not the same thing.
Speaker 5: It's no, it's not water and what's the name of the other record with Jello's record tweaker?
Speaker 3: Water and tweak is not the same thing. I mean not smoke. You ain't listen to tweakers.
Speaker 6: Kissing.
Speaker 1: You get so mad when I get crazy, bars off like it's starting to feel like jealousy at this point.
Speaker 6: Of you, nigga, I mean, man, sir, episode, it's been a rough week.
Speaker 1: I smoked you at the top of the week.
Speaker 6: So I at the top of the week. By the way, you were saying, your Instagram comments were saying that you won, but the YouTube comment said and the Twitter comment said I won.
Speaker 1: No. I went to the YouTube comments after you said that, and you misleaded me. You chied to me and they played me. No, they don't okay, they say I want okay, everybody, everybody.
Speaker 6: Well, we all see the best. We all see what we want.
Speaker 1: To Wait, wait till the major push that button.
Speaker 6: From we all see what we want to see.
Speaker 5: Either way, man, some good music coming out. I am excited to hear what Benny did with this project, saying so yeah, definitely listen to that. Support these artists, support all dope artists. Man, we need to continue to support dope music. So a lot of good music out this Friday. What you got going on this weekend? I'll be in chilling up in the house.
Speaker 3: You can relaxing. Reset.
Speaker 1: The way I was outside this week at thirty four is not the same as when I was twenty.
Speaker 5: Recovery and you recovery to cover. Yeah, take it, take a nice shower, bath, whatever you gotta do. Soak and he plans baby d No.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna start what's the new show Surrender, Severance. I'm gonna start Severance is great, and we'll start that it's dropping Sunday.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna start that Paradise show that you've been talking about.
Speaker 1: What's what's this blog on this week on My Week and got the special guest Yoms in it. You know it's gonna go crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh your young she shot it.
Speaker 1: I mean I assume she's a creative director.
Speaker 3: Shout out to your shout out to Yoming.
Speaker 5: All right, well, have a safe weekend, be safe, be blessed. We'll talk to you in a couple of days. I'm that nigga.
Speaker 3: He's just Ginger Peace.