Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Jetty Trump thinks changing the clocks twice a year is stupid. Congress voted on it yesterday. They overwhelmingly agreed. More on that a little bit later where that might be going. And according to the Washington Post, and I don't know if this is true or not, but they claim that cigarettes are cool again, cigarettes are cool again with the young people. Is just kind of a fang.
Speaker 1: I saw that headline and it didn't get a chance to look into it. Okay, all right, they're bad for you kids. It's not a good idema.
Speaker 2: They know it's bad for him, but they just think it looks cool. Yeah, I think that does look cool. By the way, Oh, that's terrible. You just encourage smoking there. Umm.
Speaker 1: I think it may have to do with what we're about to talk about it, at least to some extent, because the forces of the political left that are trying to overthrow Western civilization in the United States, capitalism at Sarah, they've got to convince young people in particular that they have no future. You know, their lives are miserable and put upon, you might as well smoke.
Speaker 2: What's the point? Who cares? I know we're going in that direction, but uh yeah, one thing they acknowledge, and I think this is true, smoking cigarettes looks cool for men and women. A chick who smokes, I don't know why that's so hot, I mean, and every It must be universal because they do it in movies all the time. The hot chick smokes.
Speaker 1: But because you know they're not a goodie two shoes, which means they might also be sexual libertines.
Speaker 2: Is that what's going on subconsciously? Kind of?
Speaker 1: No, consciously, I just explained it to you consciously consciously.
Speaker 2: But I know what's the if she smokes, she pokes? Is that what they used to say, good Lord points for being concise. Vaping is douchey, though, looks douchey for everyone, and everybody does it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, men and women, nothing cool looking mind in their douchiness.
Speaker 2: There's nothing cool looking about grabbing the vape pen and taking away. Isn't that interesting? Though? So it can't just be the It can't be what you said then, because that doesn't make sense because vaping's even worse for you. So I don't think, Wow, she's vaping, and that's even worse than having a cigarette. Very hot. I don't think that vaping looks dumb. Smoking a cigarette looks cool. I think we're just convinced by movies from way back in the day. All the cool people smoked, and that got into our heads if you're of a certain age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mostly I'm trying to come up with a rhyme involving vaping that's not abhorn and I can't. So never mind, right, Yeah, don't even do not No, nobody, nobody is allowed to so. On a more serious topic, I think not enough people understand that one of the great strategies, the absolutely written down, understood, agreed upon strategies of the radical left, whether they're of the conventional like Neo Marxist types or Islamists for that matter, one of the main strategies is to deny that they're doing what they're doing. They some of them will say openly they want to overthrow the constitution. A lot of them will just say, though, we want fairness, or we want the opportunity to worship the way we want, blah blah blah, And one of the great examples of that is you remember during the the woke Apocalypse, when everybody was afraid to say no.
Speaker 2: A man can't just say is a woman. That doesn't make him a woman.
Speaker 1: You can lose your job for that, or saying all lives matter or whatever. During the woke Apocalypse, everybody was afraid. We weren't afraid. We were saying what we wanted to anyway. One thing I heard a hundred times is that critical race theory. It's not being taught in schools. That's an secure legal concept that's taught in some law schools, as if critical theory that the philosophy launched in the sixties by Frenchmen, because of course it was Frenchman. That's everywhere in universities, it's everywhere in the colleges of education, it's everywhere in the teachers' unions, it's everywhere in freaking third grade classes in a lot of places. Now they're teaching the kids that America is a racist country, that it's systemically racist, it needs to be brought down, be brought down. Capitalism is evil, it exploits people, blah blah blah all the time. But they deny they're doing it obviously, so this is something else. How open some people are being about this. The Chicago teach Chicago Teachers Union hosted an Israel hating communist convention where radicals were openly calling for sabotaging US ports and backing Iran. Here's one quote from the meeting. If we can shut down even one term for two hours, that's millions of dollars out in logistics. So the CTU hosted a Marxist anti Israel conference last weekend, which openly celebrated terrorism, introduced fledgling activists to quote the growing BDS movement. BDS is where you like, tie up your lover and spank them. What I'm sorry the control room is telling me.
Speaker 2: I thought it was them South Korean androgynist boy band. No, no, neither one.
Speaker 1: It's actually the Boycott, divest sanction movement, virulently anti Israel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like you. I don't know why teachers have an opinion at all on Israel. You teach reading and science, particularly there in Chicago, where you're doing a horrible job of it, but to not only be anti Israel but pro Ooran. Yeah, that's just insane.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the Red Green Alliance we're always talking about, but they were pushing their adherence to again grow join The growing BDS movement called on its members to support Israel's I'm sorry, Iran's Axis of Resistance. You need to support Iran because they're part of the resistance against the Western patriarchy, good Lord, and telling them to prepare for violence against the United States and Israel. Ryan Delaying, each chair of communications for Jacksonville, Palestine's Solidarity Network, told attendees, We're all here to toughen our knuckles. I hope that everybody leaves here ready to fight when they get home. He told roughly two hundred cheering attendees, not only two hundred, but again, what the off is the Chicago Teachers Union doing there. Sarah Flounders, a member charmingly named member of the Secretariat of the Marxist Leninist Workers World Party, thundered to the crowd that the enemy is at home. Change doesn't ask for permission. It'll be violent, it'll be stormy, it'll be unpredictable. But she praised attendees as a really militant, determined group. The second annual gathering of the Anti War Action Network and agglomeration of dozens of local activist groups around the country, united by their hatred of Israel and mission to obstruct American imperialism quote unquote. The Washington Free Beacon purchased a couple of tickets and was able to seamlessly mingle with attendees for two days and observe to all of this stuff. The gathering was held at the Teachers Union's headquarters at nineteen oh one West Carol Avenue in the city's West Town neighborhood. That's very close to where the RNs or the DNC was last year, last year, two years.
Speaker 2: Two years ago. Today. No, that was the DNZ, that was not today anyway.
Speaker 1: There was Teachers Union signage, even a headless mannequin wearing Chicago Teachers Union t shirts were present throughout the venue. Conference goers were a motley crew of aspiring revolutionaries. This is not going to help the point I'm making that we need to take this seriously, but I will include it. Nonetheless, About twenty percent wore masks for some reason. Many attendees were noticeably obese, and there was also a large contingent of openly transgender participants. Breakfasts included gluten free and panadas and vegan fair while a gender neutral bathroom did brisk business.
Speaker 2: They wore masks.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of this, and this is intentional by the neo Marxist movement. They want to take every misfit, every trans confused person who's not comfortable with their sex, every gay person, every alienated kid who in generations past would grow their hair and learn to play the guitar, you know, every person with a useless degree that put them one hundred thousand dollars in debt, and now they're blaming capitalism for their life choices. They're trying to harness all of these people and tell them it's the evils of the system and we need to overthrow it. The reason you don't have a happy life is because of the system. Blame others. That's the key aspect of socialism. It's the politics of envy and blame. But man, it's just sick that the teachers' union is so involved in this.
Speaker 2: Of course, the teachers' unions.
Speaker 1: Are now hardcore, a validly far leftist organizations. They have nothing to do with children and teachers at all.
Speaker 2: No, I don't understand why more people don't know that.
Speaker 1: A map of the meeting facility, which guided convention goers to the different rooms named for various prominent terrorists and dictators, had the name Chicago's Teachers Union prominently displayed next to a map of Iran. They openly play praised Fidel Castro, maout say dung. There's a reference in one of the posters to oh our elder mentor uncle Joe. Was a reference to Joseph Stalin.
Speaker 2: So this wasn't a California Teachers' Union meeting, but they used or Chicago Teachers' Union meeting, but they used their building.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and they sanctioned it and co sponstered it in effect. But the fact that there's not more pressure put on Chicago. We've gone through their numbers. There's schools in the Chicago area where you could make the argument that the kids would be better off if you close the school, or at least there would be no more harm done. They have zero percent kids.
Speaker 2: With fluency in writing in mathematics, so you could make the argument that you should just close the school. It wouldn't make any difference. Do they have to answer for that at all or are you too busy trying to figure out why we should help or Ran.
Speaker 1: I think we need to be as militantly anti these people as they are anti the country that we love. I really, I really mean that we have we wited way, way, way too long. Look at the schools now, there are factories of indoctrination of the little kids. It's crazy anyway, Yeah, it is crazy.
Speaker 2: Makes you want to go out on the playground and smoke a cigarette, which I guess is cool. Again, it's not good for your kids. Talk about that. Among other things. On the way, this happened while we were on there yesterday are yesterday, So we talked about it a little bit. But Trump reversed course completely on that whole tolls for the straight over moves. Hey, he's spitballing, brainstorming. There are no bad ideas here, and so where we are on that whole war. The New York Times basically declaring today that we have lost the war. I don't know if that's true or not. There's still time to salvage it. We ain't want it, that's for certain. Among other things on the way, stay.
Speaker 3: Here, Patrick Layy, a broken hit, Nancy Pelosi hit replacement surgery.
Speaker 2: And study Hoyer in the hospital with pneumonia. Elenor Holmes Norton is in the early stages of dementia.
Speaker 1: Dwight Evans, who's seventy one.
Speaker 2: At a stroke, Bernie Sanders a sideline by a heart attack.
Speaker 1: Congressman Kay Granger lived in an assistant living facility for dementia patients while still serving in Congress and drawing a congressional paycheck.
Speaker 4: Why are we tolerating this level of national frailty in our lawmaking? And it's not just anti old people. It's not disrespect to ask this question. In Japan, they revere the elderly, but the one thing they don't do is put them in charge of everything.
Speaker 2: That's really interesting. I wonder if we're going to break away from that all at all kind of thought after Joe Biden, maybe we would. Obviously we've followed Joe Biden with the Trump will be the oldest president ever by the time he leaves, won't he? Yeah, he's eight.
Speaker 1: Wonder if it used to be you know, the power of incumbency had to do with I think most districts being more competitive. I mean, now, if you say to me in my district, hey, we're gonna swap out this Republican for this Republican. I'm like, yeah, okay, that's fine. I'm not going to root for the Democrat, and either is anybody else, and vice versa in other districts. So why are we hanging on to these ancients? If you just swap out one D for another, one R for another, maybe it'll come to an end.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because to run you'd have to have the backing of the party, and they're at no point ever gonna take even the slightest risk of swapping out the seventy two.
Speaker 1: Year old for a forty two year old, especially if the seventy two year old kind of likes the gig right, I guess I don't know, but we got to break out of it somehow.
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's nut. So there's no other aspect of life where you'd say, you know, let's let's let's turn it all over to a seventy year olds and eighty year olds almost exclusively to do it right. What that is really really wild. But on the other hand, Mark Alprin says that at least currently he thinks Bernie Sanders has got a really strong chance of being the Democratic nominee based on the directions the winds blowing and Bernie's success in the past, and in fact that Bernie stills as sharp as ever he has. He doesn't look like he's lost a step and he's eighty four. I think Alpern's right. All the energy on the left is the young socialists. You could tell you so them socialism isn't something to be apologized for, to something to brag about. He could easily see Bernie getting the nomination. I think could they necap him a third time? I don't know. He might necap himself with a fall.
Speaker 1: Remember it took a couple of heroes like James Clyburn and Joe Biden to save the Democrats from the scourge of Bernie last time.
Speaker 2: So he's got a birthday coming up, so I think he'll be eighty seven when he took office. Wow, is that right? Yeah, because he's got a birthday coming up, so the eighty five, and then he would be eighty seven when he actually took office if he won that, I mean that we're already into ridiculous vill that we have presidents in their eighties, but eighty.
Speaker 1: Seven, right, Democrats, he's tanned, he's rested he's been in the gym. Eric Swallwell, maybe a little rapie, maybe a little Chinese spy lover, but come on.
Speaker 2: This just came across this article. They're really trying to get a different security system going at airports in Europe the EU, particularly all biometric checkpoints, which they think is going to speed things up once they get it going, but trying to get it going is really bogging things down. I'm glad I'm not traveling around Europe this summer. They got to get you into the system first, with your fingerprints, your eye scans, your face scans, all the different sort of stuff. So the first time you fly anywhere in the EU system this summer, they got to get all that information, which takes a while. So the lines have been terrible, hours long waits anytime of day, everywhere. But the theory is once you're in the system, it's going to be much faster than having to show a passport or anything else. You'll just walk through and it'll read all your biometrics and it'll be practically instantaneous, which sounds pretty cool other than the being able to track you everywhere you go part of it. It was funny and I meant to talk about this going to and fro the United States for our cruise to Alaskas, because we had to pass briefly through the lawless region of Canada. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But there are a lot of biometrics being used in airports now, including in customs. We just paused in front of a camera, took pictures of us and said, hey, Joe, welcome back to the States. How are you, buddy, and then we filled out our silly little form for customs. I probably shouldn't talk about this. And the passenger I knew of was asked do you have anything to declare? And that passenger said, yeah, I bought some earrings that were way above the limit. The officer said, enjoy them. That passenger just kept walking. So I'm not sure what we're doing here any fear not Osama bin Laden and they let you back in.
Speaker 2: Do you have anything to declare? I like shares music? Does that count? So before I get into a bunch of news I want to talk about, just didn't add a little bit of go for this new bed I got from a locally. Because we're on a bunch of stations across the country. I don't know where you're listening to us right now or listening to the podcast, but we're broadcasting out of Sacramento. And I got a new bed from European Sleep Design. But anyway I was doing it. I was mentioned in the ad that I got the movable base, which I had once years and years ago on a bed, but I never used it for some reason. I don't know why. I don't even remember why, but I just never used it and never really thought about it using. But now I got it and I use it all the time. It's one of my favorite things that's ever happened in my life. Like raise my feet up and everything. I'm really enjoying it.
Speaker 1: Wow, I pictured you more like you're raising your top up to read or something like.
Speaker 2: I do some of that, Yeah, but I don't know why I haven't. It vibrates also, which I haven't found that beneficial to me a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole vibrating bed thing. I learned that as a kid back in the day. Gladys I remember it was.
Speaker 2: The nineteen seventies. That was a young lad.
Speaker 1: We were traveling back and forth to my grandparents in New Jersey, and we would usually stop for one night on the way and often the beds in the hotels would have what was called, charmingly at the time, magic fingers.
Speaker 2: Oh right, you're right. You can stop at a super eight, and some of the beds would have magic fingers. You put coins in a slot like it was a car wash or something or.
Speaker 1: Pitball, put a corner in there, and the thing vibrates somewhat for about five minutes. And it was pretty funny as a kid that the bed was vibrating like that.
Speaker 2: But I didn't find the relaxing. Well, weren't the jokes. So I got the sense as a kid that it was a sexual thing with the jokes that were on sitcoms and whatnot. Is that why why do people want the bed devices. I'll go home today, I'll lay face down on it and let you know what I mean of it. Oh my god, that was regrettable. Let's move on. Let's just move on. And I'm liking the movable base. I don't know why. It's like one of the great pleasures of my life. Now we got much higher. My feet are than my torso it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Mere, the great pleasures of your lifeh You like.
Speaker 2: The Buddha over here. I just realized you've been into the free press more than I have been. I just realized every day we ought to just go through the free presses big stories because they're always great. Like for today, I'll do it. Their first story is about how telehealth might be killing us, and they got an example of a kid that was having some health problems and died, and then they found out no doctor ever like examined him in person. It was all telehealth and how that's a really growing part of our medical care. And he went to the ICU. Yeah, yeah, icee you telehealth?
Speaker 1: Yes, what seriously, the guy's in the ic you and they can't spare a human being to go to his bedside and check him out.
Speaker 2: That's obscene. Yeah, And it's a growing thing, the rise of tele ICU, where critically ill patients are monitored by physicians working from remote command centers, sometimes hundreds of miles away. And we haven't like really had a national conversation about whether or not we think this is a good idea or not. So that's one really good story that they've got in the free press today. The other one is this one, which I'll actually read in full. A third Trump impeachment some Democrats aren't so sure. I didn't realize this. Apparently there's quite a split among Democrats as to whether or not impeaching for a third time is a good idea or not. I've been assuming that as soon as the Democrats take the House. You got blasted on a text the other day. I get blasted on texts and tweets every single day about all kinds of different things, from my looks to my opinions. But got blast the text the other day. Why do you keep saying the Democrats are going to take the House because they are anyway, I've just been assuming as soon as they take the House they're going to immediately impeach Trump. But apparently there's quite a civil war according to the Free Press and Audrey Fahlberg in the Democratic Party, whether that would be the best expenditure of their time and you know, control of the House as opposed to trying to accomplish other things cool. I think at trump appeachment would be an incredible waste of time for the country. He's not going to be removed from office, there's almost zero chance of that, and we would just spend you know, a year, however long, going through that whole dog and Pony show again with nothing happening right right, But here's the story. I mostly wanted to talk about it in the Free Press that I thought was really really interesting that Douglas Murray, the Great Douglas Murray, now that he's with the Free Press. I had a feeling you were heading here how all gay cruise got stuck between Islam and the West. And one of the reasons it got my attention is because I saw the headline about this on Seeing and the other day. So you got these gay cruises, this particular one, the Scarlet Lady, two thousand gay Americans traveling around They were barred from docking in Turkey and Egypt. And the way it was portrayed in a lot of US and European media was the out of control conservative governments that have taken hole across Europe and trump Ism in the United States is making it very difficult for gay people all around the world. Right, the fact that they couldn't dock in Turkey and Egypt was part of a broader global trend. Yeah, the CNN headline was twice rejected. American crews put spotlight on rollback of LGBDQ Wright's passengers say, Okay, well, first, starting here, I've never understood the fear from the gay community about Trump being president. What what about Trump makes what what about him? Seems anti gay? Ginned up? Well, you've got absolutely completely ginned up though, I mean, he's not religious, he's a Manhattan liberal. Really his whole life, I'm sure he's had more gay friends than most of you gay people at I just I don't know, I don't even know that just I mean, it's like, really really made out a whole cloth. Yeah, but the headline in CNN, of course, leaves out where the rejected gay crew crews got rejected, and the fact that it was rejected in Turkey and Egypt. The reality of it is is you can probably guess that a lot of your Muslim countries and Muslim ports and Muslim governments don't like gay people at all, in fact, that they think you ought to be dead. And the mainstream media wants to make it about conservatives or religious fanatics that are Christian stopping gay rights moving forward, as opposed to the fact that it's Islamic fundamentalists. It's part of a broader global trend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's what I see all the time LGBTQ plus minus over the power of three rights are being rolled back. Yeah, that's what I'm seeing, you, Jesus, unbelievable, A made up narrative that is, oh my god, absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 2: There's a long hits. Well, I I don't need to tell you this.
Speaker 1: The Muslim world doesn't like gay people, but they won't say that.
Speaker 2: These people.
Speaker 1: You, you know, I'm more and more convinced that doctor Savag, you and other people are right. Progressivism when it reaches a certain point, is so it causes such a delusional perception of reality that it is a mental disorder. If you see Muslim authorities in Muslim ports tell a cruise ship full of gay fellers, no, you can't come here, and you say, oh my god, Trump, you are mentally ill. M it's not a misperception, it's bizarre. Well, it's born out of where I think the mental illness is. And I got into this in my own head a lot during the self hating anti American stuff I was looking at over fourth of July. The mental illness is some sort of need to hate yourself and your own people. That's where the mental illness comes in. I don't know what drives it, but.
Speaker 2: It's weird, and it's strong enough that it will make you ignore all facts like the fact that our system has raised more people out of poverty than anything in world history, or we're more gay friendly than all these countries that you seem to love, and all this different stuff. It's weird.
Speaker 1: What tact the name of Stephen Pinker's book, Enlightenment Now, Moby Dick.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that's correct. Actually, hang on a second's right over here. It's about a bed over it quite like about a one legged guy chasing a who that's a different book.
Speaker 1: Enlightenment Now is indeed the name of Stephen Peker's book. Pinker's book The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress.
Speaker 2: You ought to read.
Speaker 1: It's brilliant. But anyway, to your point about ignoring facts. I love what Doug Murray writes the Naivetee, and I'd like to get more into the story. But the naivete of Scarlet Ladies, organizers and passengers point to two fascinating realities about the way in which modern Westerners view the rest of the world. First is the presumption that everybody everywhere is much like us, I've talked about this one hundred times. Speak to almost anyone with a thin veneer of this ideology, and they will tell you that everybody around the world wants pretty much the same things as we do. Freedom, including the freedom to love whoever you like. That's just wrong, that's incorrect. It is factually vacant of truth, and he writes. The sad poster children for this ideology might be Jay Austin and Lauren Geguan, an American couple from Washington, DC who quit their jobs in twenty seventeen to cycle around the world. As their travel journal put it, they wanted to meet all kinds of people in the world to prove that quote, by and large, humans are kind. Their journey finished on a road into Jkastan in July twenty eighteen, when a truckload of local lads from Isis spotted. The couple swerved their truck into them, leapt out, and stabbed them to death. Jay and Lauren believed that by and large humans are kind, but the people they met on a roadside and tajikas Stan disagreed. A weak ideology met a strong ideology. In the strong ideology, one out.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of This is not funny, but it reminds me of the end of the movie Don't Look Up, which we were discussing yesterday, where Meryl Streep, who's President of the United States but a liberal, she believes they land on a planet with all these new animals and you know nature, we all we all love nature. Oh look nature, and she immediately gets eaten by this beast. It's like the people that went up to Alaska to live with the bears, the wolves or whatever, who got eaten. And the same thing with isis It's just it's a weird igno. Again, it's a mental illness.
Speaker 1: And before a word from our good friends at Rough Greens, Doug Murray's final question or semi final question, which I think is a good one to question in some feminists and a small number of gay rights activists have mulled for years. Here's the question, why does the battle for progressive rights always stop at the borders of Islam?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 1: It's because of Xena fan that I've also talked about for years and years and years. But anyway, you love your dog, you want them to live a long and healthy life.
Speaker 2: And healthy is the accent here.
Speaker 1: That's the most important part energy feeling good, and rough Greens can really help them get there.
Speaker 2: It's America's number one dog supplement. Yep, thousands of dog owners have turned to Roughgreen. Just sprinkle it on your current dog food. It's America's number one dog supplement. It's made in the United States and you can try it for free. It's got over twenty vitamins and minerals, all natural, made in the US, packed with live probiotics, enzymes and mega oils and over and all that stuff that I mentioned. You can try it for free. Just the shipping. Get a free Jumpstart trial bag today. Cover the shipping when you go to Roughgreens dot com and use the discount code Armstrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, you just cover the shipping cost and you get a free Jumpstart trial bag to it today.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: There's nothing at stake except you know, maybe your dog being healthier and happier. Go to Roughgreens dot com use that discount code Armstrong again. Charmingly, it's r u Ffgreens dot com. Use that discount code Armstrong. Rough Greens makes any dog food better.
Speaker 2: I just looked up what time the soccer match is today, England, Argentina, twelve o'clock Pacific, three Eastern. Okay, that works for me. I got ask thing I gotta go to taking someone to.
Speaker 1: You know, to answer very quickly our unspoken question of why the hell the leftists behave this way? Where As Doug Murray asks why do the why does the battle for progressive rights always stop at the borders of Islam? Well, mostly because if you want to overthrow our system or supplant it with a Marxist system, you can't ever admit now the US is way way way better on this, this and this than these third worlders that we embrace.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's admit that. You can never make that confession. So what was a clip you got, Michael? A man attacked by a beaver? Is that good? Yes? It is. It's pretty good. Now it has some frightening details. You say, yeah, it was just a visual. I mean, in your mind you think about it, it's pretty scary. Man attacked by you could be more terrifying, among other things. On the way, Stay, don do we need to set up the beaver attack or no? It's just him. It's a guy and his buddy in Lake George. And things went very poorly. Where's I'm sorry, where's Lake George? Do we know? I don't know exactly. You say it like you're some sort of Lake George expert. Michael like, like, we all go to Lake George every weekend in water ski, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I'm going to be well be set by beavers, I would like to know I'm in danger. My guess is it's a lake teeming with beavers. Yes, anyway, somewhere or other, and we hear is right.
Speaker 5: The first time my friend ended up picking it up swam back at him, so we were like, okay, just is out for blood. This was a puncture. But his teeth went through my stomach. He said something attacked him. I just jumped in the water and then I grabbed whatever it was attacking him, pulled it out. I was a little freaked out. I didn't like think it was a beaver at first, you know. I just grabbed this little brown blob in the water. It ended up biting me a few times as I got it out of the water, so I was like, I got to keep a good grip on this thing. And then I just tossed him pretty far.
Speaker 1: Just set by beavers. Good Lord, tell you what I'm gonna think twice before visiting Lake George.
Speaker 2: Remember that is I've told the story many many times where I was nearly attacked by a badger as a child in Wisconsin, and I can still picture it was so horrifying. Wow, the badger stay, It stood up on its hind legs and came after me. I think I had gotten too close a mom and or baby badgers. I don't know, but man, that thing was angry at me. And the way it screamed, Oh, I can still are Yeah, it's kind of a hissing screaming. It was on its hind legs running at me. Good Lord.
Speaker 1: Lake George appears to be in New York State. My guess would be there's a Lake Georgian roughly sixteen states.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad point anyway, And be careful people. I got my youngest kid has been on camps Boy Scout camps three weeks out of twenty three days, twenty one out of twenty three days. He's got three Boy Scout camps like this. Last one was. He got home on Saturday afternoon, we washed clothes, he went to bed. I took him in the morning for another camp and He's absolutely been loving it, including his ridiculous trip to the Bahamas. Man, there's a wait on one percent sort of boy scout trip. Did he get his dackery bedge? I actually did a lot of snorkeling and learning how to sale and stuff like that. Was pretty cool, cool, but it's been very weird. It's been weird to find out what how much different it would be to be the parent of one kid as opposed to two kids. For one thing, because I've had just one kid under my roof for the past three weeks, and it's less than half as much work in terms of meals and laundry, it seems like, and everything like that. Also lotless one so far, like just less entertaining, less interaction, one less person to you know, for the conversations and everything like that. Kind of weird for just Sam and I to be sitting there staring at each other eating dinner. So what'd you do today? I mean, the energy is just way different.
Speaker 1: Well, I could probably write a sad, boring Gordon lightfootesque song about you know, Judy and I had a two person household and three then four, than five, then four than three, then two and yeah, yeah, the difference in energy, g mirth, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Is notable.
Speaker 1: It's the normal rhythm of life, which keeps me from being depressed about it. But yeah, yeah, that's there's a difference, all right.
Speaker 2: I wonder how much it is the normal rhythm of life historically, Since most people died when they were about thirty back in the day, you probably didn't go through this last part where the kids run off and you spend years and years by yourself. Yeah, yeah, true, true, that's an excellent question. That's funny. My physical yesterday, for some reason, my doctor and I got into this conversation about how many times we would have died if it weren't for modern medicine throughout our lives. We wouldn't be the age we currently are. If you went back in time, very very far, your biggest concern would be, I sure, hope, I don't like scrape myself on something rusty with a minor injury that I lose my arm or die or get a sore throat. For most of human history, you get a sore throat, you might have two weeks to live, all right, guy coughing next to you. Now it's annoying. Then it was a threat. Yeah, Yeah, isn't that something?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It is got a lot coming up Hour four of the show. If you don't get our four, you got to go somewhere. Grab it via podcast Armstrong and Getting on demand.
Speaker 2: You and Sam. You know what you ought to do? Go swimming at Lake George Lven. Things up on New York. It's in New York. Yeah, Joe Biden's writing a memoir. Sure he is. Stay tuned Armstrong and Getty