Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're brown, we're black.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's like anyway, we're broad ambition, Hey, Mandy.
Speaker 3: I mean we are equal opportunity to all shades of melanin. Yeah, it's a safe space for your skin tone.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So I had to firew somebody this week.
Speaker 3: And ooh juicy do toe And I love that, I know, because that's so hard for you.
Speaker 1: I know, Oh my gosh. And I was really proud of myself because it was a really good lesson. It wasn't one of my you know, like it was somebody brand news. She literally only worked a day.
Speaker 2: Isn't that I've never had to do that before.
Speaker 3: Well did she do to get fired?
Speaker 1: And one day I am, well, so I've been looking for and I hope she doesn't listen, and she does listen.
Speaker 3: Hey, gar.
Speaker 1: So I've been looking for an executive admin for a long time. I've got two women on the team that kind of like tag team and help, but they have other positions on the team. So it's like the three of us being my executive admin who we named Michelle and so. But I mean, and they do a great job, but you know, like I said, they have other positions on the team. So I really need someone dedicated to me. So we thought we found someone. She's super nice, she was an admin before, and I just thought that it was going to be a fit. But I learned a lesson in that I really have to kind of try people on for size. So I gave her one assignment, which was to do a PowerPoint presentation. I gave it to her a nine o'clock in the morning. Like the email system was down, so there was no emails that had to be done. So literally that was it one assignment and then by the end of the day it wasn't done.
Speaker 2: But that's not why. It was like, this is not going to be a No.
Speaker 1: It wasn't done, And so I gave her a temple and said, here's something that I've made, but it's not good, but here are all the slides that I need. So I'm just showing you kind of like what I made, which is similar to kind of what I want, but something good. Oh, I do Parapoint all day every day. I eat Parapoint for breakfast, no problem. So by five I get a message, Hey, I just shared the Parapoint you know, the draft with someone on the team before I send it to you. And I was like, you know what, it's five girl, Just go ahead and send it on over. I'm sure it's fine. Just so a few tweaks here and there because it was due the next day for me, I had to submit it. When I tell you made it, I had to open it three times. It was my exact parapoint, Oh, the exact like.
Speaker 2: When I tell you the exact It was the same slides.
Speaker 1: Just hey, here's the new title and here's some new like the new bullets that I gave you, like copy and paste, like a ten minute copy and paste job.
Speaker 2: And I honestly even.
Speaker 1: That, I was like, that's fine, And I was like, you know what, maybe you know I wasn't clear. I actually don't like my parapoint because I'm not Goo at PowerPoint. I just think it looks so rudimentary, like what I've made. So maybe you thought that's what I wanted. That's not what I wanted that I know you do a better job. Can you just send me like how you would do it?
Speaker 2: And she's said, oh, okay, well, here's the thing. This is like verbatim.
Speaker 1: Due to the current time constraints, I don't want to promise that I'm going to be able to get it done in time.
Speaker 2: I'm like, time constraints? What what do you?
Speaker 1: I was like, well what, and then gave me a list of things that she had to do instead, not not list of things for me, but like list of things in her life that were going to take precedence that day, which.
Speaker 2: Is normally fine.
Speaker 1: But this is a project I gave at nine am, and I don't know that there's an easier, easier assignment than a power point you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: I honestly was like, what I got to due to the current time constraints, I don't think I'm going to almost like, well, I'm busy girl, That's what I read like.
Speaker 2: And I was like what, And then I said, you know what to d be fair? Because today it was her first day.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the other team members gave her a ton of things to do because they had been itching for me to get admin.
Speaker 2: So I'm calling with other team members like hey.
Speaker 1: I even asked her, you know, did my COEO give you assignments to other people? Everyone, including her, said no, there were no other assignments assigned, And so I'm like, so this is from nine to five, this is the one thing that you did.
Speaker 2: I just I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what to say, and you know how you know, and you're like, I was like, well, maybe I'll give it another day, but you know, and I said, Tiffany, this is this is not a fit. And old Tiffany would keep on someone that's not a fit for a year and be miserable because I would feel overwhelmed because I'd be doing double work. But new Tiffany said, you've been asking to grow. This is your opportunity to do what you already know you need to do. This is not going to be a fit that It's not about the assignment not being done. It's the unwillingness to take take ownership of the misstep and then fix it. And so you know, we let her go. She of course she was upset. We did it in writing, but I also had a call and the thing that kind of was off putting. She sent me a letter saying I feel like she said something like, I think it's unfair that the new girl got this assignment with these time constraints.
Speaker 2: The new girl, this is not high school. We were picking on you and hazing you, like and I just like I thought it.
Speaker 3: Kind of high school because you gave her a PowerPoint, you gave her eight hours to do it, so like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I felt so bad, honestly I did. And I still feel really bad because she was a really nice woman. But like and that, you know, I was like, well, is there a reason why she's like, well, I had a couple of calls with people on the team and there was just a lot going on. And I said, honestly, that was that was the lightest it's ever going to be as an adamin. Like two phone calls and a power point, it's never gonna get lighter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you can handle it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like I said, I felt so bad because I you know, it was you know, she just felt like I didn't give.
Speaker 2: Her enough of a chance. And I said, no, I gave you a chance.
Speaker 1: You're asking for another chance, and I I just don't think that I can do that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but it was really hard.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm still kind of reeling from it because I've never let go of somebody that quickly, and it just felt, really it didn't feel good. It felt really bad because I just felt like that I wish I would have vetted so I wouldn't have disappointed, you know, someone that I know she really wanted the job. But yeah, so that was hard, but it was It was a good lesson.
Speaker 3: Being nice is one of it is. It is a very important quality you have to want to work with people. But I have also learned that hard working butt head is also super valuable every once in a while, or just a hard working person who you know, forget if they forget, if you want to grab drinks with them after work, like do they get their work done and they can rely on them like that is also really valuable. Now like firing someone in twenty four hours, that's pretty savage, but I know, but I have heard multiple times like you need to. You make a mistake, you acknowledge it quickly and you get out like don't And this is I mean, she caught you. This is a new year, new you. You're heading into forty, like you said, wanting to be more assertive and stick up for yourself. And you know, too bad, she caught you in this moment in your life and you don't suffer ridiculousness anymore. And I'm really proud of you.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I was like yo, even now my stomach is like a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, No, it was hard, like I said it was, it was hard, and cause like, yes, I've been in situations where I've known that someone had to go from the very beginning and I've kept them for two years because I just felt so bad and I just said, yeah, I didn't want to do that anymore.
Speaker 2: But tell yeah, I was like, whoof? So I mean, but I learned.
Speaker 1: Good lessons about and even honestly, I I'm you know, cause I know you are looking for writers. I don't know, how do you how do you bet? Knowing I thought I bet it till well, I don't know, like I need some trips and like ticks and you know, like about how do you really because people could say whatever, but when it's time to do the work, how do you know someone's really going to do the work and work autonomously? You know?
Speaker 3: Well, we're big on guests. We're big on uh interview process, rigorous interview process, and then at least a test where you have to do the thing that we're hiring you to do, whether you're a writer or an editor. There's like a very and I try to make the tests really tough because it weeds out people who are just casually applying, and it shows me that if you're motivated enough to do this, you know, on your weekend time or after work or whatever, you probably want this job. And then once I get the test back, because we're in content business, I don't I used to personally hire every single writer. Now I have editors who hire their own writers, But I tell them, you need to do a really tough edit on that person, like unnecessarily tough almost. I mean, point out things that are that are that are you know that you could be better, that they could be better at doing, but really be tough on them because they need to know what a tough edit feels like. And you need to suss out how can they take it because the biggest thing for me that turns me off from writers is when they can't take feedback. And the best writers often are the worst people to work with because they get very precious about their words, and editors too. There's a lot of egos. So that's my way of like suessing out someone's ego. I'm looking for like ego and can they take feedback? Can they take criticism because they're going to get it all day air day on this team and they can't be super precious about it. And I feel like for you, like you should develop like what is like what is the test for an executive admin? And can you put And I always put a time limit on it, you know, however many hours I think is reasonable to see if they can do it on time. And I think that's important too. So if you came up with like the executive admin stress test, you got to do a PowerPoint, You need to draft two emails you would draft to a client who said this to me, like create like a scenario for them. I did that when I was hiring my number two. That was a really tough hire. So finding someone who wants to have a senior role but not be the senior role, and basically someone who can answer to it because what I do all day is problem solve. People bring their problems to me. I help them figure out how to fix them. That's like my main job. Now, what I did is I came up with the seven most common conflicts that I've popped up in the last I don't know six months that I could think of the really difficult questions I was asked, the really sticky conflicts I got into and I and I literally wrote, here's a scenario, what would your approach be, and had them write a response like tell me how they would have approached situation, And that helped me weed out a lot of people.
Speaker 1: No, I like that because I said that, I said, you know that what I should have done is that I should have done like a paid kind of like two or three day work along so I can actually see you in action, you know. Yeah, because I you know, because because that was like it's hard to kind of tell, because you know, everyone's amazing when you interview them, but like to actually see you when they're like, Okay, the emails are coming in.
Speaker 2: And could you confirm my makeup on Tuesday? And could you make sure.
Speaker 1: You know no. But yeah, I mean it was a good lesson, and I'm happy for the lesson.
Speaker 2: I'm not happy that you know that I disappointed someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think you learn from it, and I think you're right a paid like it's almost like having them freelance for a little while, which I think makes so much sense. We do. And by the way, people are listening and they're like, damn, this sounds like a lot of work, you know, for a job interview. This is like, it's a lot. It's putting a lot of work on people. We do pay for our edit and writing tests, so we pay for your time and value it. But it's it's cheap to pay a few hundred bucks up front and then y not hire someone who will be a complete disaster later. You know, we can eat that cost live. And it's like, my was it Maya Angelou who said when someone shows you who they are, believe in the first time.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, yes, I know, I know, yeah I was. I wish you could see my face. I'm like, oh my, I'm like reliving in the horror.
Speaker 3: I feel that, I feel it. I feel it. Well, that happened.
Speaker 2: What's up with you?
Speaker 3: Growth is uncomfortable, isn't it?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: But you know it's also good because I know we have so many, so many listeners that I kind of hit us up about, like what can you do to like, you know, get a raise, or to negotiate or to you know, to find a new job. And so hopefully that is that's helpful that you know, folks are looking for people who can do the work with for the most part, minimal interference, that you're not going to need a lot of hand holding. And also too, I think that most people who are hiring or looking for someone are okay with mistakes being made, but they're not okay with excuses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, And I also think you have to identify the roles on your team where you are will you do you will tolerate a learning curve, and you will tolerate mistakes, and there's some roles where you are very like you're like way less tolerant. And then yeah, it's kind of like it's like when you identify what's entry level, what's mid level, and how much handholding do I expect this person to need.
Speaker 1: Because like customer support, Like let's just say this was a customer support role.
Speaker 2: Say it wouldn't been a big deal.
Speaker 1: It would have been like especially if this person was like a millennial, it'd be like, hey, because we we we hire young people a lot, and sometimes they come in and they do a little misstep, and but we're here to coach and guide you and customer support, there's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Room for growth.
Speaker 1: Or if you're on the you're on the social media team, where it's like well that's you know, that tone is probably not the kind of post that we want.
Speaker 2: But these are places where there's space.
Speaker 1: But but you know, like I cannot coach the CFO like this. You have to know, like DIRS is going to need this paperwork.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Like there's certain certain roles on a team where.
Speaker 1: You know, and my executive admin honestly is is I mean arguably one of the most important roles on the entire team, because it is it's what keeps me to be able to like navigate all that we have to do. And so there there isn't much room for for not much room for error, but there's not much room for coaching. You have to come with a lot of the skill set already there and and then we show you kind of like what our specialty skills are that are necessary, but you have to come with a lot of.
Speaker 2: That stuff for yourself.
Speaker 1: Like I said, if this was customer support, she would still be here, but not in this role. I was like, Yi, I don't, cause quite honestly, it's stressful. I hired an admin a few years ago and it didn't work out. And the level of stress, when I tell you it was like going to a therapist as like it was, so I felt like I was having a nervous breakdown, and I realized part of it was I was not receiving the proper support and I.
Speaker 2: Was so overwhelmed.
Speaker 1: I remember even my business part of Jabrill he said at the time, He's like, Tiffany, I'm worried about you, because he was in like Thailand or whatever.
Speaker 2: He's like, I messaged you at four am. You respond.
Speaker 1: I messaged you at one pm, you respond. I messaged you at midnight because your bill's always all around the world.
Speaker 2: You respond.
Speaker 1: He said, I don't know that I've ever messaged you in the last six months that you have not responded within ten minutes.
Speaker 2: That worries me. When are you sleeping?
Speaker 1: And I couldn't because I was doing my job in her job, and I just was like, there's flashbacks of that, and I said, I can't go back there. Honestly, I'm try out of a baby, and I'm supposed to be wusa and zen and not stressed. And that's what I was thinking to myself, that like that me getting the right proper assistance is critical, not just professionally but personally too.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, so when.
Speaker 1: I think about it that way, I'm like you, No, I know I made the right I already knew I made the right choice.
Speaker 2: But it's like I can feel less guilty about it.
Speaker 3: I believe this person exists in the world. They do think, so you're gonna find it.
Speaker 1: So sidebar if you if you're like, hm, hm to I know somebody? You know somebody you don't have to I mean, ideally Jersey, it would be awesome. But honestly, if digitallys it's is awesome too. If you know somebody who would be amazing as an executive admin, not someone who was like in transition, I'll be your admin for six months, well like move on to something else. No, someone who really wants to be an executive admin, like that's where they want to be. You know we we have Honestly, it's an awesome team.
Speaker 3: Do you have a job listing?
Speaker 1: We did so I can, I can. I you know, I can see if I can get it to you. I'll get it from Karen, my COO, and we can post it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, if you know someone, Honestly, at this point, we could use a little a little boost.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a great a great job for like a really high type a go get her college grad.
Speaker 1: Yes, honestly, and it would be honestly, and we I mean we were I give raises all the time, like the team knows. As the company grows, we we we give raises like it's not like, oh, we an annual raise. No, they can come quarterly, if not faster than that, depending on how fast we grow. We go on an annual trip every year that we that my business partner I we paid for completely. We actually leave in like a week. We're taking the whole team to Arizona and we're going ATV and we got a bunch of airbnbs. I mean like it's it's just an awesome environment of mostly women who are dope. And yeah, I just it's a great place to work. Like I've really, I've really, honestly, I've built the place where I would want to work. And so we're just looking for someone who is super type A because I'm not. I need someone who is super organized, who is gonna be like, Tiffany, don't forget this, Tiffany, I've already made that reservation.
Speaker 2: Tiffany, don't forget you have Superman's birthday tonight.
Speaker 1: You know, like someone who's gonna be really on me, you know, but also easy to work with. And yeah, and if you want to learn, if you're like I've always wonder to have a business or see what that looks like. I mean, this is you get. You get first hand seats on what it looks like. We're we are a seventh figure of year business and by none, but I think by November we are on the cusp of our first seven figure month, let alone years. So we are growing rapidly and you can be a part of that growth or somebody you know, so hit a system up if you can go to the budget lista dot com and just click contact me if you're interested, because we definitely.
Speaker 2: Need someone.
Speaker 3: Help Tiffany out.
Speaker 2: I don't want to let go somebody at twenty four hours ever.
Speaker 3: Again, shall we take some questions?
Speaker 2: Yes, let's do it, all right?
Speaker 3: I feel for this first listener, she wants to remain anonymous, and you'll find out why. She has a question about her friends and traveling. I wonder if we know where this is going? Eh? All right, so she says, here's my question. We'll call her Sarah. I love to travel with my friends, but they often tend to plan trips that go far outside my budget. My budget for trips each year's three thousand dollars, which, along with miles, is enough for two big trips a year and two to four small domestic trips. Right now, my friends are planning a trip that's totally nearly six thousand dollars, and they aren't interested in any of my travel on a budget hacks. They want to spend money on things that I just don't value, like a luxury hotel. This has happened before when I've tried to plan trips with them. I love them and I want to travel with them. How can I make that happen? What can I do to get them to try my idea of budget travel? Thank you? I really feel this is a really common I feel like everyone in their life has has had the friends who want to go, you know, go big for a certain trip. You know, it's anyone who's ever been a bridesmaid, you know, the bachelorette party comes along, and it's always freaking awkward because ever, you know, some people want to go to Vegas and some people are like not financially set to go to Vegas, and yeah, it's really difficult. So first and foremost you are not alone miss Sarah.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. All my friends know I'm cheap, so they're like, girl, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, it's kind of like in your name.
Speaker 1: No, well, I mean it definitely has because I would say, like my best friend Dream is definitely more so the fancy traveler than I am. So the truth is, you know, I really don't go on that many trips together. I mean, now I'm a little I'm a little bit more flexible. But for a while we did it. It didn't mean weren't friends. It didn't mean we didn't hang out.
Speaker 2: We did. It doesn't didn't mean we didn't talk on the phone.
Speaker 1: It just meant when I traveled, I used, actually used to travel every year with a friend friend of mine named Madeline and Madeleine had a similar traveling profile. Like Madeline was super low key, you know.
Speaker 2: She was. It was all about the budget.
Speaker 1: And so I remember three or four years in a row, me and Madeline went on a trip every year, and honestly, Drena didn't feel any kind of way about it because she knew she didn't want to travel in that way. And then every once in a while the way something would come up with the way I wanted to travel was similar in the way that Drina wanted to travel and we would do that. So it's okay not to travel with your friends. It doesn't make them less of your friends, like it was crazy because Madeleine actually lives in Newark, where I live, and when I tell you, I never see Madeline in Newark, but then once a year we'd be like going to Paris.
Speaker 2: This here, let's do it like you was my travel buddy.
Speaker 1: And so I'm also part of this travel group on a brown Girls kind of travel group on a Facebook called No Madness No Madness, and it's great because you can find other travel folks who want to travel like you. And I've met so many amazing No Madness tribe members. So that would be my suggestion that you don't. If they want to travel, lucks, there's nothing wrong with that. Let them travel LUs And if you don't, there's nothing wrong with that. Find someone who fits your travel profile and travel with them and then be friends with your friends. But at home and in person.
Speaker 3: No, I couldn't agree more. I mean, you you're letting them, You're letting their habits make you feel bad for your like I want you to stay on track. The fact that you have a travel budget for the year and you have it broken down by two big trips and two domestic trips. First of all, doing that for three thousand dollars, that's amazing. You should be really proud, and they should be coming to you for travel tips. Why wouldn't you want to save even if you have the money to go LUs? But you know, if you want to keep the with them, I think you're better off just bowing out of these group trips if they're not going to work to, you know, fit your budget. And I know I kind of get what you're saying, but I also feel like they're kind of not being good friends if they're not going to try and you know, try and compromise a little bit so that you feel comfortable. Why wouldn't you want your friend to feel comfortable on a trip? So I agree with Tiffany on that front. I recently I wonder if you, I wonder how you guys will feel about this, especially U tiff So I recently I've been on this whole like pre baby bucket list thing where I want to do see all the Broadway shows and do my baby moon and all that kind of stuff, And I invited two really good girlfriends to see Mulan Rouge on Broadway, which I'm really excited about, and they told me, here's our budget, and it turned out tickets were above that price point. I personally kicked in more money so that we can get better seats because I am a Broadway snob and I only like to sit where I like to sit, and where I like to sit was just not in that price range. But rather than make them feel bad, like I had points on my card and I knew, I felt comfortable just kicking in more money so we can all have a better experience. And I just did that so that I can be happy they don't feel bad about it. I use my points. I don't care. And that's how when I've been on the other side doesn't happen all the time where I'm the kind of the one who wants to spend more. I'm like, okay, fine, I'll kick in more because I want you guys to come along with me, and you know you're the people I want to see this show with. Yeah, have you done that before? Do you think that that was the right thing to do?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I've actually had friends do that for me. When I'm like, like, I have my other fancy friend. His name is and that's how he is. And so we would I would say, at least once a month we would go out to dinner, and so Cabral would be like, oh, let's go here, and I'm like, Cabra the prize.
Speaker 2: He's like, I got it, and I'd be like wait.
Speaker 1: But so what it did, though, was that it showed me that there were some things we're spending a little extra money on.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: So Cabral has taught me that I'm still the budget nista, but I'm the budgetnista that will sometimes splurge on luxurious things for the experience of it. So there's value in both, so, you know, and as a result, I have been splurged on other people because of that lesson.
Speaker 2: I learned from Cabral that sometimes it's okay to, like, you know, pay.
Speaker 1: A little extra because Cabral is always, always, always willing to pay a little extra for the experience.
Speaker 3: And honestly, and it's about the experience. And it's also like when you're the friend who maybe who wants to invest more in an experience and you're like, you want to share the experience with someone. It's not fun to be the one who wants to spend money on a luxury trip and then you go by yourself, like you want to bring people along with you. So I think, anyway, that's not really where this listener, Sarah is at on the side of the equation. But honestly, if you have told them respectfully and upfront about your financial issues and they're not willing to bend, you're either going to have to sacrifice your own finances and your travel plan for the year to to, you know, to match what they want to do, or you're going to have to just bow it out, bow out of this trip, and you have to ask yourself what's more important to you, you know, keeping your own financial plan on track. I hope, so we're going on this luxury trip, or maybe you decide this trip sounds so phenomenal, you're going to take the plunge, go on the expensive trip, and then maybe scale back your travel plans for the next couple of years as a result. If that doesn't sound like a fair trade off, then I think you know what you got to do. It's just not always the most fun decision to make, do you.
Speaker 2: Want to take one more questions? Do you think we have some time?
Speaker 3: Definitely? Let's take a question. Let's see does she want to be anonymous? Now? Listener, this is on from Instagram. Oh I didn't even mention to you guys. If you forgot, we're on Instagram. At Brandonbis podcast. You can send us a DM there to ask your question, or hit us up via email by going to brandnambisionpodcast dot com and clicking ask us anything. So this question is from listener Vanessa being mistreated by her account. She says, I have two bank accounts. One has a direct deposit and the other account I use for online bill payment. This bank charges a ten dollars monthly maintenance fee, and the bank says I can avoid the fee if I make a minimum of ten transactions per month. The ten transactions can be point of sale or online bill pay. What's the best way to make What's the best way for me to make twenty qualifying transactions that won't cause me to overspend? Because she has two accounts and she has to make ten transactions on each of them to avoid this ten dollars per month fee, she continues, I tend to use cash for a lot of my purchases so that I don't get carried away with swiping my card and overspend. I need your help, Vanessa. Oooh girl.
Speaker 2: So she's got two different banks or two different bank account.
Speaker 3: The same bank, two different accounts with which both will charge her ten dollars a month if she's not swiping her card basically.
Speaker 2: Ten twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: Yes, we just tell her to get out of that bank, right, just leave your hat. There's better banks, Vanessa.
Speaker 1: Move from the gets out upgrade. Yes, no, yeah, honestly, yeah, that bank is wild, like which I mean, are they really? Because most of these banks are like the worst to be all the way candid. But I think a quick Google search can show can find because usually sometimes a bank will just say if you have a deposit right, like I know, sometimes you.
Speaker 2: Can avoid that get if you get your your paycheck direct deposit into that account.
Speaker 3: Probably some of them have like you have to be a minimum amount, you know, if you have direct deposit up to a certain amount. She have to look at her bank's fine print, because she does say she's using one of them to deposit her paycheck through and the other one for online bill pay. But she uses cash so much because she wants to avoid overspending. So you need to find an account that fits your profile. You need to find a bank that doesn't charge a monthly maintenance fees for keeping a low balance, that won't charge you ATM fees when you withdraw money, because it seems like you use cash a lot, and there's a lot of options out there. I mean I use Ally and the other day I just love going to a badiga ATM now because I'm like, yes, I will, you know, pay that three dollar fee because Ally is going to pick that up for me.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, I'm literally doing it.
Speaker 1: I did a Google search best free checking accounts and Allies definitely one of them. There's my Radius chime simple these are still checking accounts.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Those are a couple of new ones Via or is it vo I think it's v O v I a v io. They are a new bank, a newer bank that's like really kicking the competitions, but with no fees and high high rates on savings. I'm going to say, you know again, I will post a link to a couple of places you can look for alternative bank accounts. Even I bet your local credit Union has a better deal than the bank that you're with. Now there's better options, I would say, get out of there now, versus trying to figure out how to like change your spending habits to fit their needs so they don't charge you money. Mm hmmm, because it is just encouraging you to spend one.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the whole point. They want you to do that. You're like, we're not trying to do that.
Speaker 3: Nope, all right, thank you for your question. Again. We're on Instagram at Brandonbission podcast or hit us up at brandnibisionpodcast dot com. Ask us anything.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now it's time to boost a break for all our family.
Speaker 2: Will you boost? Will you break? What will you do? Man? I feel like that was a good one.
Speaker 3: That was It was on tune I think and everything. It was good.
Speaker 2: I'm yes, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna do boost. I might do to a quick too for quick too. For so one, I want to shout out to my workplace bestie. Who do you have a workplace bestie? You probably dream is your bestie and you work together. Maybe it's not a traditional workplace bestie, but I recently came across this h the study by Gallup. Maybe it was a survey, but their research show people who have workplace best heeds. So having a best friend at work actually helps you do better over your whole your whole career. It's about having support, someone to bounce ideas off of, and feeling like you're more secure in a professional setting. I wholeheartedly agree agree, Like I my best my workplace, one of my first one of my best friends I met at my first job in New York City and she has been like she was my lifeline for that job for so long. So just shout outs. If you have a workplace best you give them a shoot him a text, tell them how much you appreciate them, how much you love them, et cetera. And my second boost is gonna be I listened. So last week Tiffany asked me, you know, when someone asked you that question, they follow up with you on something that you know you should do, but you get a little defensive about it and you because you know you haven't done it yet. And last week you asked me if I contacted my financial planner to tell her about you know, what's happening in my life. And you know, I'm only thirty weeks into this pregnancy, and my financial planner has no idea. So I emailed Helen last week and let her know what was happening, and we have a call scheduled for next week to talk to me. I don't know why I was putting it off. I think I've just felt like, well, the money part, I got that down, like like as far as like a five two nine plan, I know what that stuff is. I'll figure it out. But the more I got to thinking about it then where I'm like, maybe we should get our life insurance looked at. We need to. It'll just feel good to get the financial stamp of approval from Helen, you know, going into it.
Speaker 1: So there's like, like you said, sometimes like lately, I've been leaning into something that I call financial wholeness, which is like it's not just I've got money in the bank, you know. It's like you said, like I found, like through my own financial planner, like I'm severely underinsured. I'm like I need a succession plan that something happened to me, what happens to the businesses.
Speaker 2: So it's like I feel like, yes.
Speaker 1: I know I've got money saved, but that's not enough for me to have like a holistic view of like what I need to do with my money, like I want you know, So that's what I like about, you know, having someone else, an expert, kind of come in and help me look at all aspects of my finances.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to get that life insurance right, going to get my will set and just thinking about the will, I was like, wait, who is gonna who would get the child? And then of course I'm hormonal, so I start crying thinking about us dying. It's really sad.
Speaker 2: Well, yes that is.
Speaker 3: Any other pregnant women listen, because I've confirmed us with two friends of mine. They confirm it's. You have really dark and twisty thoughts when you're in your third trimester, Like I imagine our deaths in several different ways, like all the time. It's it's very sad. The hormones, man, the horrmone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hormones are something else. I tell you.
Speaker 3: They're the devil is what they are. Okay, you go booster to break.
Speaker 1: I'm going to boost, but first I'm going to send a little shout out to Dream, my bestie. Well she's actually in Mexico right now, getting married. I couldn't go because Zica is real and my IVF doctor was like, Sis, so we've come this far, we're about to do another cycle and I need you not to get Zica. So it was sad, but you know, I just I couldn't take the risk. So it's like I'm looking at all the pictures and stuff, but I want to.
Speaker 2: Shout her out and say her and her.
Speaker 1: She's been with her her boo KB since they were like fourteen fifteen, and they're such a cute couple. They've got adult baby who's not a baby, he's four. But yeah, so they're awesome and just happy wedding. It looks amazing. My sisters are there, and then I want to just get a boost to Today is my business partner, Jabrill's birthday. And there are some people in your life that are pivotal, like they came into your life and your life is not the same, whether in a terrible way or an amazing way.
Speaker 2: And honestly, I have to.
Speaker 1: Say that Jabril is a pivotal He when I look back as to when my life took a turn, he is one of the people. It's like Jirell, my husband, you know, like my you know, I don't know, like my college best.
Speaker 2: Friend, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But Jabrill, my business partner, is definitely one of those people. Not that I wouldn't have been successful on my own, but the truth of that there.
Speaker 2: Is I didn't think I didn't think I deserved to be or that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man just have this weird sense of overconfidence.
Speaker 2: Well they're just like, well, but it is amandy.
Speaker 1: When I tell you, like Jabri ive, when I first met to Grill, I mean I was barely scraping by and he was like, yeah, we're gonna make a few million dollars. And I was like, okay, crazy person, I don't know what are you talking about. And now that's what the company does. And I remember him saying, yeah, wait till we get to a million dollars a month, and I'm like, that doesn't these crazy words, and like November, we are on track to make that in November.
Speaker 2: And it's just.
Speaker 1: It's both definitely annoying that he's right, but also it's really he has really taught me to look beyond myself and my own perceived limitations, and so that's what I really like. Men in general just tend to think like that it seems like and so Jabrill always has like and so the other day because he's already glossed over a million dollars a month and he's like, yeah, I can't wait till we get to our million dollar day.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what sor what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: But now I'm deep enough in it that I know that that is more than just a possibility, we can do it. And so I'm just really grateful, not because of the money, but because Jabrill has helped me to unlock like the superpower in me that says that it's possible, it's more than possible, it's probable, and I put in the work and it's you know, we're capable of doing these things. And so I'm just grateful for him coming into my life because, like I said, I feel like, if not, I would be Tiffany that still works equally as hard but doesn't get as far ahead because I just couldn't see it not for me anyway.
Speaker 2: You know. So happy birthday, Jabrill. You're the dopest.
Speaker 1: If you want to, you know, feel bad about your life, go ahead and follow him on Instagram. He's Jabril eight. It's a eighty eight I think Jibril eight he traveled. He doesn't even live anywhere. Jabril like lives the world. He's really one of those people you know, like the fake people you see online and you're like, yeah, right, you travel to all these different countries and don't really live anywhere, and like have this amazing life.
Speaker 2: Now that's Debrell in real life. It's so Jabril eight like that. Literally, I could be talking to Jabrill. He's like, I've in China and then the next week we have our team meeting. I'm like, is that a giraffe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been Zimbabwe And you're like, what, Like, we all aspire to be Jabrill when we grow up, and he's so easy going and chill, but he's a beast in business. So happy birthday to you, my brother from another mother. I am grateful for you and I love you like direct deposit.
Speaker 3: No I should we all. I wish we all had a Jabrill in our lives. And it may not be a guy, but I'm telling you, my little brother, I hope he doesn't listen to this podcast. He is so obnoxious sometimes because all you know, for example, I got I got a job offer and he was and I told him what it was, and I thought I was, you know, being the big sister, like very impressive. He's like, you're gonna ask for equity or no? And I was like I was not. I was not gonna ask for equity.
Speaker 2: But now you know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I remember the first time he did that. We work with the company. He was like, so we really like equity. And I'm looking at him like bruh, like your wile and and they were like you know what.
Speaker 2: Okay, And he looked at me like Tiffany, now I deserve it. And I just, ah, can you imagine to be a mad I just.
Speaker 3: I hate it. But you need you need people with forget if it's a man or you need a man or a woman. Need some balls in your life to like push you in business for real. You need a hype man, you need a hype woman whoever it is, to think bigger than you.
Speaker 2: I exactly.
Speaker 1: And there are definitely are women out there who definitely carry that with them, but I just for me, it just was difficult to see past that. So yeah, like I you know, if you're a woman who rocks out like that, I'm like, oh my god, Like what you know how.
Speaker 2: Did you get untrained?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like girls are taught to be a poe and quiet and small and not to go for it because that's that's unlady like and not feminine, you know.
Speaker 3: And it's to get equal pay, like we can't even we can't even dream of getting like the dollar to the dollar for the you know, for what a man earns. And now it's like so thinking beyond that. You're right, We're just we have to we need people who think differently to rewire the way that we perceive ourselves. Beautiful, happy birthday, brill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's our sizzo.
Speaker 2: And honestly, I'm not playing.
Speaker 1: If you think you could be an awesome executive admin full time, or if you know somebody who'd be awesome. The budget lista dot com, click the contact me button and I'll send you, like you know, what we're like, the list of kind of things that we have a listing somewhere, and I'll send you what we're looking for. And yeah, you guys are awesome, as per usual. It's been awesome chatting with you, Mandra as per usual. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love this show. It just gets better and better.
Speaker 1: I love when y'all stopping on the street and you not even like budgeties anymore.
Speaker 2: They're like bredhibition.
Speaker 3: I'm like, whoa, you know, I get recognized too sometimes, but please try? Could you please not catch me at like six o'clock when I'm sweaty trying to catch the train though, that's when it always happens. I'm like, yeah, yes, it is me.
Speaker 2: And then they forced a hug on me. They're like, heard you hate hugs.
Speaker 3: Here you go, girl, Okay, I feel bad for encouraging that behavior.
Speaker 2: No, no, honestly, I don't mind.
Speaker 1: It has made me like a more of a huggy person. And they're like and one for Nandy. I'm like, she's not getting this.