Speaker 1: The volume. The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yas four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, casino and resorting. Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Forty to Adams, Scheffer and p and Harrol have expressed interest in the Chicago Bears head coaching job and would like to return to the sideline next season. Three teams the Bears, that just to say, are in the market for a head coach who can help reset their culture. Few coaches have had it more effective than Caroly doing that. Carol is one of the four head coaches that have led teams to both National Championship and Super Bowls. Barrett Switzer, Jimmy Johnson, and Jim Harbaugh. I like I like Pete, but not in Chicago. They need an offensive they need look, they can get a deep of it. But he had to go scower and get a college maybe even a college O c that's creative, that knows how to work with the skill set of what.
Speaker 2: Caleb Williams possessed.
Speaker 1: He can't he can't go get one of those conventional guys that he had and in Seattle that ain't gonna work. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know what I think.
Speaker 4: We talked about the Chicago job, and I like what you said about Pete Carroll, who is a players coach. I think the coach, I mean, the players were gravity to gravitate, gravitate towards him. But you do need an officer coordinator that has the creativity, that can that can help Caleb Wes use some of use his skill set to atibility you know, and what he's able to do. Yeah, another another job. Now, we talked about Mike McCarthy, right, we just talked about the other night. Ben Johnson.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: I like to think about this Ben Johnson, Dallas Cowboys head coach. You know, I haven't heard his I heard his name mentioned before, but it was never with the Cowboys. I think Ben Johnson would be the perfect fit for the Cowboys and working with Dak and bringing some of that creativity that he does over there in Detroit.
Speaker 5: Now he doesn't have the same personnel to be able to do some of the things he did. But based on what you have and what he knows he has the strengths and the weaknesses of the players on that team, I think we will do some damage as that head coach. Hell, matter of fact, head coach and officer coordinator, keep calling the players Aaron Dallas too. If the opportunity presents itself, then we win Saturday, we play Saturday.
Speaker 4: If I'm not mis when we play and win Saturday, then we do. We will take care of business stealers. Right now, we focus on the Bronco country. We focused on the Broncos Bronco country because after that game, Bronco.
Speaker 1: Who I'm sorry, y'all, they got no y'all talking about welcome getting a jungle.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna be y'all yeah, yeah, hey, that's hey, it's a jungle.
Speaker 5: It's said, oh it's it's a jungle. Now, no, y'all, y'all will be playing all that.
Speaker 2: We We're going to my high.
Speaker 4: And so what you think for the country, what you think for that matter of fact, I'm gonna go to that game. Matter of fact, I'm gonna go to that game. Hey A Patrick certain junior. Do you realize you're gonna do it out there when they target ps two?
Speaker 1: Huh? That QB that rating is like thirty six point one. You come out better than just throwing the ball in the dirt. You'll have a high quarterback radio if you just.
Speaker 5: Threw the ball in the dirt.
Speaker 2: Kay already? You want you want the best something on them on the matchup three band? You don't want nothing? Oh you how much? Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well let's let's let's dark double double money from the bank nothing, don't pay them back.
Speaker 2: And it's like your hat, give me money, give me. I want you to give me double what I borrowed from you, and I'm gonna pay your back. No, you ain't good for it.
Speaker 1: If you were good for it, for it though, my money, drawing interest in your pocket, doubling nothing mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You know with double it up then, because with one thing.
Speaker 5: About it, I'm gonna get money slightly dog.
Speaker 2: Fight because you know I'm good for it. But we ain't.
Speaker 5: We're gonna fight because I listen, I I'm not going to jail.
Speaker 1: What I tell people right here, Oh Joe. If I can't get you off off me, you welcome to the state. I promise you that that ball I got for you. If you get on BEF and I can't get you off, feel pree to stay there, but I promise you'll better. I'll make it turn me loose. Jerry gushus, Oh, Mike McCarthy. After the Cowboys win, this would be a very interesting question. Hopefully Oh Jo can get connected real soon. If Mike McCarthy's job, say yeah, I've never seen a team seemed to be so happy with winning what they're seven and eight now, I've never seen a team so happy to win seven games. This is the Dallas Cowboys, a team that have Super Bowl aspirations, have playoff aspirations, a deep playoff run. Considering the last three years they won twelve games, they've been twelve and five the last three years. Now, all of a sudden they celebrating to be seven and eight, and all of a sudden, I guess you know. Mike McCarthy's back in Jerry's good graces. He talked about he was surprised, he was, he was glad the way he got them guys to play. I thought that's what the head coach job was supposed to be. I thought that's what he was supposed to do. I thought he was supposed to get the guys to play hard every single game. I thought, guys, you collect in a check. I thought you're supposed to play hard and show up every game. But I guess not in Dallas. I mean, if you're out of the playoff, you're supposed to not play hard. In the coach job to get you to play hard and to earn your check.
Speaker 2: That's just me.
Speaker 1: I just I guess we're just looking I guess we just looking at it. We look at it through different lenses. It's gonna be very interesting. Do I think Jerry's gonna bring Mike McCarthy back. I do. I do because he loves the power. He doesn't want any to give up any control. And I think we all can say this that Mike McCarthy as head coaching title only Jerry still does everything. Jerry does all to speak, and Jerry lets you know who's playing, who's signing. He doesn't have McCarthy, doesn't have any say over the final fifty three, doesn't have anything in free agency, doesn't have so Jerry likes that nobody's that's gonna challenge him for his or his opinion on things. I mean, Jerry gets to go unchecked. And I get it, he's the owner, but I don't think he does his coaches any service by emasculating them, by letting the players know that he's in charge of not the coach. And I'm just firm believer that the teams that I've been a part that's been been successful, and I've had a little success in the NFL, is that you have one voice. You have one sound, and right now the one sound, and it doesn't come from the owner. It comes from the guy that stands before those guys on a daily basis in that locker room, in that meeting room, and and and try to get those guys on one accord.
Speaker 2: And it's just hard for me to believe that that will end up happening with with Mike McCarthy. But it's not. It's not the coach, it's Jerry. Jerry has his way of doing things.
Speaker 1: Jerry's not gonna change no matter how much us in the media we talk about it, no matter how much the fans talk about it.
Speaker 2: Jerry likes it this way. He likes the control that he has.
Speaker 1: I think Jerry is more interested in and and money than he is winning championships because it doesn't matter. They're the most valuable franchise in pro sports, so it doesn't matter if they win, it doesn't matter if they lose, because they're gonna make a boat load of money. They're ten billion dollars, so they're gonna make a boat load of money regardless. So with that being said, I don't think Jerry changes anything and moving forward, But we'll see, We'll see what happens. I mean, it sure sounded like Jerry wanted to keep Mike McCarthy, but things can change.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe if they crash out these last two games, maybe Jerry changes his mind. Maybe Hey, they win these last two games, Jerry might give him a three or four year contract extension.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be very very interesting.
Speaker 1: What happens with Mike McCarthy and the Dallas Cowboys when these final two games wraps up. It's gonna be very very interesting. I'm interested to see. I think all of you guys have been interested to see. I think you kind of guys know where kind of where this thing is headed. So It's gonna be very, very interesting to see how these Cowboys and Mike MacArthur and Jerry Jones plays out. They've had a very very disappointing season. I think everybody can attest that. Nobody's surprised by that. This is not what we expected from the Cowboys. We thought this year they were gonna make a No, I didn't think that, but a lot of people thought they were gonna make a deep playoff run because every year you hear this is the most talented team. You know, I don't think they're talented that talented. I think Ced is a phenomenal wide receiver. Uh, they need a running back. Dadella's played better over the last six weeks of the season. Offensive line needs some improvements. Diggs it's good, but he's nicked again. Gonna be interesting to see how he comes back. They have some players, but I think they need to improve on the offensive defensive line, offensive line, defensive line, get better in that interior.
Speaker 2: But we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking about Jerry gushing over Mike McCarthy. Will you think, Mike McCarthy, you know.
Speaker 2: That's all a game, that's all a game.
Speaker 4: You understand owner's behavior patterns when it comes to when it comes to players, when it comes to coaches, because you win a game or something happens good in a short time span, but they don't forget how they played the entirety of the season. Mike McCarthy's job is not safe. Jerry Jones knows that gushing like that and saying nice things to have him thinking, or to have the public thinking, to draw attention not only to himself, knowing that Mike McCarthy's not going to be the head coach next year is full of shit.
Speaker 2: It's full of shit.
Speaker 4: And he's done it before. He done it with players, and he's done with coaches. This is this is the one, two, three four time he's done something like this. I'm not going to bring up the names where he's gussed about them and said good things about them, including players in season when they're playing well and things have happened behind closed doors and they've been.
Speaker 1: Fired and they lost their job. So you think Mike McCarthy is only absolutely he's looking not only not only is he looking for another coach.
Speaker 2: He's not looking for a big name.
Speaker 4: He's looking for someone else who can be I hate saying this and excuse me, I mean no disrespect to Mike McCarthy. Someone that can be a puppet, someone where he can still be the center of attention. But he's thinking, he's going to want to go in a different direction to see who can have that can be the leader of men, that can get them to winning like they did, like they did before, the previous the previous three year, before before this year where they went twelve to five. If I'm not mistaken, over and over, even though they lost in the first round of the playoffs. He's looking for someone else new. He just is and and and saying saying the things that he said. He's always saying good things. He's always saying good things, like when they're winning, or they win a game, or they beat a certain team, and all of a sudden, that team, that specific Cowboys team, all of a sudden looks like the Cowboys of the nineties when they wont when they won championships. Like it just it just he just says anything till you take a brand assaut.
Speaker 2: Oh shoe.
Speaker 1: Less than a week after The Athletic published a story detailing the dysfunction within the New York Jets organization, Aaron Rodgers used his latest appearance on The Pat McAfee Show to address leaks to journalists. There are some interesting things that go on in every organization, some that would like to be left uncovered, But it seems like there are those that don't always that doesn't that don't always get left uncovered, they get covered. It can't be the norm that so many leaks and so many people continue to have conversation, whether it's getting some sort of angle, revenge or even what people are still in the building. Yeah, he't say nothing was untrue, but anyway, Okay, obviously what's best for the Jets is not having those types of leaks all the time.
Speaker 2: When you get when that gets figured out, it'll be a little easier to win.
Speaker 1: That doesn't That doesn't have a direct impact on players in the feat, but it does have an impact on the culture and the chemistry and the overall energy of the building.
Speaker 2: That's what needs to get better.
Speaker 1: I love how you talk about the culture and the energy when that wasn't an issue with the mandatory minicamp.
Speaker 2: That wasn't he didn't concern himself about culture.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm trying to figure out how does he think a culture gets established?
Speaker 2: Yeah, does he understand how a culture get established?
Speaker 1: Tom Brady was not missing minicamp in order for the Patriot way, which was the Brady way. But if the Patriot it's a team, because it's the Patriots that started coming out and the Super Bowl introduction as a team. Now everybody comes out of the team because prior to that they brought the offense out or they brought the defense out. The Patriots came out of the team. But Tom Brady was the foundation piece. Okay, how can Tom Brady show up the mandatory minicamp or Ota and somebody else not be there?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: How does Fayton Manny? How does the ray Lewis? How does these guys show up? The great thing about a leader? And after what I tell young people today, you can never ask more than you're willing to give. You can't ask somebody to do something that you're not willing to do your damn self. So how do I tell guys, guys we need to show up, Guys, we need to be here. Let's spend a little extra meeting time. Guys, go look at your home onn BRO. Do you remember that manager minute heap we had? Yeah, guys, will look at your sideways.
Speaker 4: Hey, do you think you think he's lost more than players, the respect of his teammates? You know, you think you think about how we view Aaron Rodgers on the outside. I'm curious of how the players in the locker room view him.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I've never played with anyone like that that has some of the issues that he does, have said some of the things that he does say, missing some of.
Speaker 4: The important things when it comes to the game of football. I've never been on a team with someone like that. So I'm curious how today's player players, this era of type of no nonsense, do it your way, the kind of culture we have now, and the type of individuals we have in this in today's game, the young era, as I as I call it, I wonder how they view them as teammates.
Speaker 2: Serious, Yeah, you meet from a distance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically on my experience, I look at Aaron Rodgers as an influence in the locker room, not a leader in the locker room.
Speaker 5: What when you say influence not the influence hasn't been good, has it hadn't You tell me?
Speaker 4: Listen, they say you might be teammates, but you're not here to be friends. You're here for one job and the job that he's therefore ain't getting done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard when you played that position because you're normally you ask the guys.
Speaker 2: You ask me. Look at the teams that win, and look at the leaders in the locker room.
Speaker 1: Look at Brady, look at Manny, look at a Lewis, Look at those guys.
Speaker 2: They win consistently.
Speaker 1: They win because they do things, and when they ask someone else to do it, it's not a problem because that guy knows. This is exactly what Tom Brady's doing. This is exactly what Ray Lewis is doing. This is exactly what Peyton Manning is doing. This is exactly what John Elway is doing. Now I ask you to do something mm hm, and you're not doing sad things. And I know you're not doing sad things.
Speaker 2: That's that's a little I love it.
Speaker 1: Look, I love I look. I love the thing that I do about loved about seven and I want it for my leader because I wanted football to be the most important thing. Because you're telling me, you telling me you wanted to be the most important thing to me, you say, shut it. I want you to study, shutter, I want you to be in the best feat physical condition you possibly can be. I want you to give it you all, but that's not what you're doing right. How can you ask commanding you something that you're not willing to. Yes, stories gonna get out. I think more stories have got but stories got out in Green Bay. That's how we found out that the packers did not run to hire Matt Lafloor highed by Aaron Rodgers. That's how we found out that that Matt Murphy. Mark Murphy said, don't you be the purpose they leaked? Things are leaked on purpose. Yes, yeah, I mean he knows.
Speaker 4: I mean he I mean you've been around the NFL long enough to understand how things get out. Love, there's always a source, there's always a leak, and things that come out they come out on purpose.
Speaker 2: There's a reason for it, you know, Uh, I think I think, uh.
Speaker 1: Is that.
Speaker 2: And people like, oh, that's coming.
Speaker 1: You have to understand there's a reason why the Chefters and the Shams and rest his Soul, Chris Mortenson and the Drake Glaziers, Glazier there's a reason why they have jobs. They fostered in cultivated relationships with individuals, be it players, be it coach, be it owners be at general managers, and so when stuff comes out, why are we shocked you heard it? You just didn't want to believe it because it was about your favorite team. It was about your favorite players, so you didn't want to believe it. But the writing was on the wall.
Speaker 2: It does look. I had a great Adam Shefter and I came into the league together. He was in Denver.
Speaker 1: I used to go I used to go to dinner with Adam Shefter and his parents when they came to town. I had that type of relationship. But you ain't getting no football stuff out of Shennon. Now, our relationship is our relationship. Hey, you came in, you were the rookie, out of the rookie together. Hey, we loved Hey. That was the extent of it. I'm not giving you no information I've had For the most part, I've always had a great relationship. Be it Mark Killsler, Woody Page. Uh. You know all the guys that wrote for Denver, Bob Kravitz. Bob Cravitz, he writes, I think he's the coll him as an Indian now he was in Denver.
Speaker 2: I've always had great relationships with him. They asked me, I'll be as honest as I possibly can. But you watching the game, but I'm not.
Speaker 1: Giving you no information such and such as he's not he's dogged in it, and he misspracticed and he didn't come to meetings. I don't do none of that stuff like that. I was on first take, and I'm saying, if this no MVP is not over, it is not over. And that's why I always advise people. And I used to vote for a decade.
Speaker 2: I had a vote. I voted for the m v P. I voted for the first to you, the All Pro Team.
Speaker 1: I voted for the wards O til you know, Offensive Player of the Year, defense and so forth and sol and I waited to the bear. And I took it serious. And I obviously, you know, being in studio, get an opportunity to watch all the game. I ain't just watching highlight. I'm watching because that's why I felt very comfortable.
Speaker 2: I took it serious. I'm not just going by a fugure, you guys.
Speaker 1: I'm not just going by names, because I think the All Pro Team is serious because you talk about the best players regardless of conference. So I'm just not your name. Your name means nothing nothing. I'm basic on play that year. I'm not trying to take away the all protein that you got selected on before. That's not what I'm trying to do. But if I don't feel you deserving of that that that honor this year, I'm not voting for you.
Speaker 2: It's really that simple.
Speaker 1: But uh, Lamar, And I said this, I said, y'all got to look at Lamar's stats. I mean, the man has thirty seven touchdowns, four picks, and then you're throwing his rushing total, so he's forty touchdowns with like six or seven turnovers. You look at his you look at his passing numbers. That's what Aaron Rodgers was doing when he was winning MVP, throwing forty plus touchdowns with single digit interceptions. That's what he's doing now. I do think, and you can correct me from wrong, bigging like, but hold on, he got a guy that's rushed for sixteen hundred yards in his backfield, so so what what what are we gonna do with that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And so I think I think that you know it it. His numbers are his numbers now right now. If you if I had a vote, I probably would vote for Lamar, right, I would.
Speaker 2: I would. I would vote for Lamar has your vote?
Speaker 1: Is your vote swayed because of the performance that Josh Allen Josh all yeah, just like it was just like it was swayed when Lamar and them lost and it didn't just like it was swayed when he played against Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Remember he didn't play well. Right, this week he came back and he played better.
Speaker 1: And you look at the last couple of weeks, Josh Allen had like ten touchdowns in two games.
Speaker 2: How can it not?
Speaker 1: But we gotta be a fair We got evaluated on what we see. They got two games left. I do believe Lamar Jackson can win and be interesting to see. I bet those odds from Josh Allen winning the MVP ain't what they started today.
Speaker 2: I bet you that. What are the odds?
Speaker 1: Now? Ask me, well, he started at minus nine hundred today, right, I think he started at minus nine hundred.
Speaker 2: You know what I don't like.
Speaker 4: I don't like the fact that when it comes to the MVP award is an individual accomplishment, but it comes to what's necessary to win it as far as the team's success as well. They take that into account as well, Because if we were talking about m v P. From a statistical standpoint. In stats, I look at Joe Burrow and yes, well why is he not in the conversation, And then everyone says, well, the team itself is losing, so.
Speaker 2: Therefore he's not, you know, he's I mean he I mean he goes. I mean there's a chance, I mean he doesn't make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: You never gonna get the m v P on the guy that didn't the team to make the playoffs, right, right, right, But.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing. I think Joe has had a phenomenal season.
Speaker 1: Now, had they have a they had a record similar to uh Lamars, or they had a record similar to Josh Allen, we got we got a whole different discussion.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but the guy m V and the guys, what is the.
Speaker 5: He's seven and eight? Uh can be really, I know it's tough.
Speaker 4: But again that's why I just said how the gold Posts moves when it comes to discussion on a trophy that's based on individual accomplishman and accolades, on what you've done individually, you know, So using the team's success as the reason why you can't be in the conversation, it throws me off, just a tad bit because at the.
Speaker 2: End of the day, what of those statfs means if you're not winning?
Speaker 1: Because at the end, and this is what I used to argue with my co host, my partner on first on Undisputed, I said, it's still a state award. You're not gonna you go fifteen and oh and you got three thousand yard pass it and another guy goes ten and six and he's got five thousand yard pass it and forty touchdowns, and you got three thousand yards and twenty touchdowns.
Speaker 2: You're not winning that award.
Speaker 1: Go back and look look at all those years Drew Brees was storwing for five thousand yards.
Speaker 2: How many MVPs did he win? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a stat award, but I need those stats to equate the wins. So if I'm piling up a bunch of stats O Joe and I ain't getting no wins because people go like br Yeah, well hell you behind all you doing is you stat paddy? Right, because none of those numbers goes towards win. Like I said, y'all don't believe it. Go back and look at Drew Brees and look at me. I think he got four or five five thousand yard passing season. But when you losing, how can I give you an a war like that? Because your stats doesn't equate to win. Lamar's stats is equating to wins. Jared Goff although he doesn't have I mean, he had an outstanding day today. You look at a Josh Allen, his numbers equates the winds Saquon. His numbers equates to win. But I think the only thing that's really hurting Lamar is that he got a sixty almost a seventeen hundred yard rush in his backfield, who's averaging five and a half yards of care.
Speaker 2: He's gotten thirteen to fourteen rushing touchdown.
Speaker 5: Big what when I think about it? You know, Chat y'all might not like this, and Uncle you might not like this. I mean, Joe Burrow hasn't been in a conversation for MVP all season long because of our record. Yes, right, correct, But the last two games, these last two games, after we beat the Broncos on Saturday, I'm telling you right now, I'm letting you know.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 4: You know, Patrick certain Junior, you got to deal with Jamar, Chase and t Higgins. So add Bowl knicks ain't nothing You're gonna get mixed. That's what's gonna happen. Well, I'm here, We're gonna go into Pittsburgh the following week. We're gonna win that game. And then when we make it and we have an opportunity to go into the playoffs because the football guys happen to bless us that that MVP conversation is gonna have to change.
Speaker 1: There's a good chance. So, Joe, it's gonna hurt. Y'all beat the Broncos and then lose the final game of the season. It's gonna hurt.
Speaker 2: That's gonna hurt. Oh, that's gonna hurt.
Speaker 1: On joke so bad because I know you're gonna be happy what I tell you, Fuck, I told you it. Y'a gonna lose that Let what hurt? That thin gonna hurt? Like Shaddy say, brand new shoes.
Speaker 4: It is it is, And that would probably that would probably be another moment that I would get emotional on camera. And I don't care who laughed, and I don't care if they make me a mean because I still love and.
Speaker 2: Bleed and live the game of football.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, your Bengals defeated the Browns twenty four to six. Jamar Chase past fifteen hundred yards breaks his own franchise receiving yardage record.
Speaker 2: I told you, I told you who he was. I told you Garrett Miles.
Speaker 1: Garrett got his hundred sacked before turning twenty nine years of age. He tied the great Bruce Smith as the fourth fastest to risk get a hundred sacks. The Bengals next play at on Saturday. If I'm not mistaken against the Broncos, correct, and we against whole Bronco. Guess who's gonna win that game? And I'm a beat here. Matter of fact, I'm going to the game. I hope it's cold. I hope it's cold because y'all don't do well. You don't realize, like Denver gets cold, and Denver right, you get colding Cincinnati two just as cold. Yeah, yeah, you know we used to the cold. Joe Burrow twenty three or thirty two fifty two, three touchdowns, zero interception, He won sacks four five. They ran the ball Joe Burrow ffty two times for one hundred and sixteen yards. Chase Brown eighteen carris ninety one yards. But it was te Jamar Chase sixth form ninety seven of the touchdown. He's going to win the triple crowd. Nobody's even close to him in touchdowns, catch it or yards, so he's gonna get that. He had eight for fifty eight, one touchdown.
Speaker 2: How you say that name little oyas just just just say yo Yoshi Yoshi had three for fifty three and a touchdown.
Speaker 1: O Joe, Uh uh huh Cleveland, mm hmm. You have Miles Garrett looking to get up out of there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean O Joe.
Speaker 4: Most times, normally with a player like that, a player of his caliber that doesn't cause any problems. He comes to play week in and week out, regardless of what's going on. You know what you're gonna get out of him.
Speaker 1: You wanna You understand that as a team, as an ownership GM, you understand that you're in a rebuilding stage.
Speaker 4: You're going to have to find a quarterback one that you can you can build. Yes, and you're in a rebuilding stage as far as Mile Garrett is concerned. If you care about the individual as a player, allowing not not how do I say it, not keeping him imprisoned while you're in a rebuilding stage, do right by the individual, because he's always done right by you. Now, most times when it comes to business, they don't think like that. But you would think in this case, in this scenario, after what he's already said, and what he's done for you, and what he's given that organization in that city, you give him an opportunity to go play, play for contention, and it gives me go ahead.
Speaker 5: I would think, I would think and hope they would do the right thing until until they recuify their situation at the quarterback position.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's gonna take a king's ransom to Geini. You're talking about a guy that's twenty nine years of age. Premier, doesn't miss time. He gives it to you every game. He's great against the rusher, obviously the premire past rusher, which that's what everybody's looking for. He can plays the run, He's durable. He doesn't give you any problem on the field or off the field. When you go to bed at night, you don't worry having to worry about getting a call said, hey, Miles Garret is in trouble.
Speaker 2: You don't worry about that. He's one of those guys.
Speaker 1: Your rest real easy knowing that he's gonna be a professional both on and off the field at all times.
Speaker 2: And you can respect that and you appreciate that.
Speaker 1: But it's probably gonna take two first rounders, maybe even a player, a quality player that's on your roster, and some others, maybe a second or the third. He's not coming cheap, nor should he because what in giving up that level of player? Oho, I need to be able to replace him with draft picks. Now, there's no guarantee you're ever gonna get a player to replace to field to be what he was. But I got I'm more. The problem is with Cleveland, they're more than Miles Garrett Away. So I would come out better, Ojo. You know what I'm saying, getting draft picks and a potential player to try to pull and build from there. If I was just a Miles Garret Away, I'm like, no, I'm gonna keep it and if I just get one player.
Speaker 2: But there are a lot of players away, Ojo.
Speaker 1: Especially offensively, Yeah, I think I think honestly, defensively, I think they're good.
Speaker 2: I think they're sound.
Speaker 1: If they can have some adequate consistent quarterback play that can you know, move they ass up and down they god damn field and be able to facilitate the ball.
Speaker 5: That we've seen from them in spurts when certain quarterbacks have.
Speaker 2: Been in there.
Speaker 4: I think I think they'll be fine, but I mean, just just right now, it's not what it is. And I would hope they do right by Miles Garrett and giving him the opportunity to go and play for a contender and Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Cleveland played them tough for as long as they possibly could, Ojo. It's just that they're undemanded the quarterback position.
Speaker 2: They look at it.
Speaker 1: They ran the ball twenty four times for a buck forty six, so you're getting what five six, you're getting basically six yards of carry, Ojo. You can't complain about that. Ford gave you eleven for ninety two. Your quarterback has great legsy. The mobile quarterback not that accurate. But you know they got a touchdown, got a call back with holding, You got another big first down, got that call back for holding. They're you know, they're okay, but they're they're wades away offensively, Ojo.
Speaker 2: They're ways, they are wades away. They need a couple of wide receipts.
Speaker 1: I mean, Judy is good, but I mean Judy's like raw even he's thinking like, man, if I just had a decent quarterback, y'all still what I can do if y'all got a quarterback and get me to rob y'all saw that in the last three weeks. But he got three targets for twenty yards. Three three targets, two catches twenty yards.
Speaker 2: What he supposed to do with that? But, uh, absolutely nothing. But this is a game, a game like this.
Speaker 4: If I were Judy, you know when I think about some of the times when I had Gus Farock, you know when I had Scott Mitchell, when I had John Kidnap, and understanding that you know what the offensive the offensive play caller was going to be a little different.
Speaker 1: You know, the ball coming to me was gonna be a little different. So what I would do, what I would do is is always before I leave on and break.
Speaker 4: The huddle, boom. I call it mind fucking the quarterback. He already has enough to worry about. Uh, you don't want to buy the quarterback.
Speaker 1: He has to come to the line, He has to go through his redire, he has to go through his progression, his pre snap stuff.
Speaker 4: So always when the play is called, right before I leave the huddle, I tap his hip. All right, now I'm here, and just just that, just to let him know if you want somewhere to go with the ball.
Speaker 2: I don't hear what. I don't care what. Hey, I don't care what the play call is. You know that. And now hey, listen, and then you know how I am. I know you've seen the clips before.
Speaker 1: I come out of the huddle and I line up and I see coverage and it's mad whether it's awful, whether he's on.
Speaker 4: The first thing I do, or you can hit it in the entire stadium. Just to learn the quarterback. All right, Now, when you hear that sound, you know what time here.
Speaker 2: Just take a peek. Now, you ain't got to do much to take a quick peak. Now, if I hit you with that, yeah, I got you nine percent of time. I got you like life insurance. I gotta tell carps all the time. But you ain't got to do that.
Speaker 1: You ain't got to go through all that bullshit. And now I got you understand that. Yeah, but Ojo, you saw this again, Joe got sacked and the ball came out.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. Don't do that now, don't don't do that. Don't don't do that. So I hear you.
Speaker 1: I hate it, but don't do that. Come on, now, I understand what happened, o't Joe? You had a seven point league? What happened? Yeah, the ball came Okay, Pittsburgh Baltimore. You see what happening is. And see the problem with fans don't understand is what you do understand. Yeah, you had a fourteen point lead. But what happened when you don't have that lead? You had that lead against Baltimore, you had a ten point leader, and then what happened? You threw a pit Yeah you fumbled boom. Now you had a seven point lead against Kansas City, strip sack, scoop and score. Pittsburgh you threw two picks and well pick and you fumbled it. That's what gets you beat. You play in Cleveland, you're supposed to many walk Cleveland that our offense.
Speaker 2: Happen.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I listen, it's still Cleveland. That the defense ain't bad now, but the offense worse? Yeah, they had the office is worse. But is this selher good? I remember, this is a division game, this is a vision game, and for some reason it's always close. Hell, look how the Bills been playing all season and Look how they strove against Patris today.
Speaker 5: So it's something about those games. Steelers Ravens always close. It's never really a blowout most of the time. So I mean, listen, the Browns had their hands full playing.
Speaker 2: They listened.
Speaker 5: They had to play against the greatest bang of receiver of all time.
Speaker 4: Yep, the greatest of all time, the first receiver they ever have fifteen hundred yards of the season.
Speaker 2: Hum, fifteen touchdowns? Wait sixteen?
Speaker 5: Now you know they ain't never seen nothing like that young bull from he from New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Boy, what a Mike Brown kicking his all step in the ass. I don't know why they played with him. You look, I don't even know, don't I don't know. Any time you have a receiver that comes out after the draft, after getting drafted, and the first thing he says is before he say anything else, I'm breaking every motherfucker record.
Speaker 5: Y'all got that's it. But he didn't curse, But I'm a curse for.
Speaker 2: He just add a little season into it.
Speaker 5: HU are you coming in with that, with that type of that type of moxie. That's what that's that's what that's what. That's what the white Felk call they call it Moxie.
Speaker 1: The Lions defeated the Bears thirty four to seventeen, even with Don Montgomery who was sidelined with an mc l injury. In Chicago, Gibbs finished with one hundred and fifty fourth scrimmageyard, one hundred and nine of those came on the ground and a touchdown, while having four receptions for forty five yards. Jered god finished today twenty three or thirty two three thirty six, three touchdowns, zero interception. He also set a career high fasting touchdowns in the season with thirty three with two.
Speaker 2: Games to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh Joe, you watched the Lions go on the road, Yeah, Soldier Field, Uh, and do what they want to do.
Speaker 4: Who go out there and have fun? Take Motown, Take Motown to Chicago. They hit the temptation moves, celebrate, throwing the all over the place, Jamison Williamson doing what Jamison Williamson does, Amon Rob Saint Brown scoring, I don't know what. I don't know what kind of celebration that was in the goddamn.
Speaker 6: Yeah, y'all the way to do it. You're gonna get fined for it. And that was Jamir Gibbs right. He was like doing a strip of dance or something on the I don't know what they're doing right now.
Speaker 1: Minnesota. Minnesota got thing on lot right now. Minnesota they got the course they got on listen.
Speaker 4: Excuse me chat being ruled, Excuse me for being disrespectful. Whoever the young the young bull is for the Minnesota Bikings that did the celebration where he copied the lady who did the freestyle.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, it's the celebrations.
Speaker 1: I don't know on your no young boy name, but that to me is one of the greatest celebrations of all time.
Speaker 2: And they just hit the white old weeks ago.
Speaker 1: It didn't have the lady lad in today they do it and they had Aliab and everybody do it. Because you know the line, if we wanted to get it a man, let us see it now. It's all about its up. No if y'all, if you get it right, we'll let you participate. But uh, but Minnesota got the dancing thing on lock right now. But I was very pressed with Minnesota. They are Detroit. No I'm saying choreography, but Detroit coach Campbell, it's okay to take a field goal, bro. All these fours and threes. Man, come on, man, come on, kick the field goal and go thirty seven seventeen.
Speaker 2: It's okay. He on the score up.
Speaker 4: Man, he don't even he don't even see it. You know, Hey, Dan is playing bass to the wall. He's the He's a visual representation of I don't.
Speaker 2: Give a fuck. I'm gonna do it my way. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna listen. I don't know what what's the word? What's the word? They say?
Speaker 4: Uh not not Tennessees. Where at analytics. I don't care what analytics say. I'm going against it.
Speaker 2: I like I like Dan. I know this player's got to love him. Man playing Williams, Caleb Williams didn't play. What'd you say? Don't yo? I was saying.
Speaker 1: Caleb Williams was twenty six and forty three thirty four, two touchdowns.
Speaker 2: He was sacked to U twice. Oh Joe, They just got to do a better job.
Speaker 1: I mean the first four possession, Yeah, you plus two fumbles and you're down because then they get going. But you've arobably you're not good enough to spot a team and to overcome that deficit. You're just not Keenan Allam was sensation nine for bucks forty one a touchdown, wrong do four for seventy seven. DJ Moore seven for sixty eight. Uh, they didn't run the ball nearly enough. But you fall behind like that, so basically you gotta throw that. You gotta throw the running game out the window. Uh. But but the golf when you run the ball like they do, play action out bro if James the way you lining up on your side.
Speaker 2: Safety Jonathan Noen's.
Speaker 1: If your cornerback is playing outside leverage, so you know you got the gold ball cup. The only thing that can hurt you if you get on the top of you at the post, you would get You better get on your hand horse and get back. I don't know what you're looking for, but he can run and you and and here's the thing, oh Joe, I want to don't put hands on him, so you don't make him check his feet.
Speaker 2: So by his fourth step filth step, he's full speeding.
Speaker 1: And so while you hey, you go back and look at it when they show to all twenty two, when not coachhen Stevenson opens up and he starts.
Speaker 2: Digging his step stop left foot of the dirt and the head to that post and all is look, it's open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's impossible that look at that point, if you're not already gone, you got to you got to know where to go.
Speaker 2: You got to know where to go.
Speaker 1: Anticipation skills as the DV is, understanding what's in front of you, who is in front of you?
Speaker 2: Got that. You got to know. You got to know your competition. You got to.
Speaker 1: If I'm on Tyreek's side, Tyrek, and I know the cornerback and I know the corners opening up, and he got he he's taking away his outside for the dope. Oh, tyn't beat me to the post that he might run, he might run the desert. So far on that upfield shoulder, so far up. You will not beat me out of position, No, sir, not today. You you have to tell I don't think guys do enough of studying and understand tendency, because there are certain things I was not that letter got beat me with. You're not gonna beat me with your strength. Now if you got a kind of move, because I'm gonna take away the initial move. If I'm in past protection, I'm gonna take away your initial move. If I know you try to get a feeling I'm gonna open up, I'm gonna kick. But bro, they let these guys. You know that guy runs four to three and you just like, actually, bro, no, that's not that's not Keenan Allen. You practice against Keenan Allen is looking to shake your ass up. Jameson Williams, you're looking to take the top. Understand what you're up against, who you're up against. You'll be just fine. But I think these guys a lot of time, I was like they just going out there and thinking, Okay, he'll wide receiver. No, bro, some of these guys can really dig, and you better understand that or you're gonna be smelling the odorant, Oh Joe. The Falcons defeated the Giants thirty four to seven. Michael Pennick Junior gets his first win. It's only the second time a Falcons quarterback had led a team to a double digit win in his first NFL start since Matt Ryan did it in two thousand and eight. Pennick finished eighteen or twenty seven for two oh two and an interception that should.
Speaker 2: Have and caught Kyle Pits right in his head. Kyle Pitts threw it up in the air.
Speaker 1: So hey, yes it was against it was against the two and thirteen Giants, but hey, it is what.
Speaker 4: Giants now start. It's a start. It's a start for the quarterback. A win like today it builds confidence, It builds confidence. It's a good thing for the young fellow. I know people on the outside looking at all. You beat the Giants is nothing to hoop and holler about.
Speaker 5: But still it's a team win. It's a good start for brother Pennick Junr and his in his tenure as a.
Speaker 1: As Atlanta Falcons quarterback. So wait, wait and who they got next? Who they got next? Do they have a test command this Sunday night? Whoa?
Speaker 2: Now you got a test? The Falcons had.
Speaker 1: Two picks sixes Jesse Bates got won Jesse bas third, excuse me and edge rusher Matthew judaon. It's the first time that the team has had two picks six is in one game since nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 2: All landed right in his lap man. Uh yeah uh. They ran the ball thirty times for Buck twenty eight.
Speaker 1: They try to take a lot of pressure off of off of Michael Pedis Junior by running the football, but he made some great throws Uh, cow pits got to make that catch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's really that simple, O Joe, ain't no else saying the bus about it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing when you complain. It's funny how this worked. Oko.
Speaker 1: When you complain about the ball, the ball find you and then you drop it. It happens every time, all the time.
Speaker 5: See, I can sit here and be honest because it happened to me.
Speaker 2: It happened to me.
Speaker 4: I complained about the ball at halftime. I complained about the ball in the third quarter and Carsons throw that motherfucker to me, and guess.
Speaker 3: What I do?
Speaker 5: Drop it, throw it back at it because I'm not I'm not locked in not seeing the.
Speaker 2: Ball all the way in yep.
Speaker 4: I haven't touched it in a wild So I got somewhat of a little attitude, you know about me. And the one time I complained about the ball and it does come, I drop it. And it happens every time, every time.
Speaker 2: But in situations like this, the game only gets bigger.
Speaker 1: You got a nice You got a nice You got a nice victory under your belt against a team you were supposed to beat. You got an opportunity to relax I got an opportunity to exhale. But now you know the commander's got something to play for. You have something to play for. They want to get Hey, look they're already in the playoffs, but they want to try.
Speaker 2: Hey, we want to try to get a home game.
Speaker 1: Falcons. You have something to play for. You have a lead, You have a half game lead over the Bucks in the NFC South. Win your division, you get at least one home game, at least one.
Speaker 2: So I like this.
Speaker 1: Both teams have something to play for. We're gonna find out a lot. We've seen Jane Daniels. We haven't seen a whole lot of Michael Penny Jr. Ojoe, but we've seen a lot of Jade Daniels and he's been phenomenal last couple of weeks. Gonn to see if he can continue to screak. Oh yeah, but for the j azz of whose jazz a good terror?
Speaker 4: The volume