Speaker 1: Once upon a time there was a good old traditional housewife. She cooked, she cleaned, cared for her children and the man of the house, and of course.
Speaker 2: She didn't talk back.
Speaker 1: She was both obedient and soft by nature. She was a good woman who always made good choices. That ship, we're good Mom's bad choices. Who single mom? Who said about the patriarchy? You shared all their bad choices and found out they weren't so bad after all. We're experts.
Speaker 2: Over chairs and your new bestie.
Speaker 1: Sit back and the ride. I can do it.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to good Mom's Bad Choices. I'm Erica and I'm Mila. Happy hump day, bitches, Happy by the fucking hemp day. Hi, Hi, I got humped last night.
Speaker 1: We too, I was so happy.
Speaker 3: Actually no, not last night, two days ago on the air mattress. Oh well, we went old school with it.
Speaker 1: I left.
Speaker 3: I was Iris's birthday last weekend and we had an air mattress because we had a sleepover, and I said, leave it.
Speaker 2: Were you trying to like, were you trying to like role play, like like like what like college? I don't have any money that the heirs leaving the mattress? No role plan, I know you love role playing, But there was no plan. It was just an air mattress and we had sex. I would not just in my regular house and with the mattresses available, I wouldn't opt to be like, let's do the mair we were downstairs. Well, the couch is not stable. What kind of sex do you having?
Speaker 1: Is it slow? What the air mattress is sturdy? Okay, maybe they make him different now I haven't guy who won a long time? Have you air mattress report years ago? When I didn't have a mattress? Why did you have a mattress?
Speaker 2: Because I was in college like everybody else that was nobody has called the dorms have mattresses.
Speaker 1: This is why I moved an adult with a house.
Speaker 2: And several mattresses, just opting for the air mattress.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it is great. Sorry, I'm not coming for your air mattress sex. I just had a question. I have answers. Okay, thank you, it was satisfied. It's great. Anyway, enough about that. We have a guest today. I'm cracking.
Speaker 2: Yeah lately, no, because have you ever in life when I was younger yet exactly what's a young woman's sport?
Speaker 1: You don't do as an adults. I got problem, but she was already asked, hey, yeah, I'm a naya write to it very important.
Speaker 3: So we have a special guest today. We have a songwriter, an artist, a singer, a mother overall bad bitch. Thank you girl, So.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show. Andy, Thank you for having me. This is awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you for giggling at all. And we wanted you to come on. We were like asking a lot our friends, and I want you to know. I don't know if you know this. You're huge in the gay community.
Speaker 1: Huge.
Speaker 3: I do know the huge, I do know the wait. So yes, I love you, yeah, and I love him. Your management reached out and I was like, well, let me look her up. And then I saw that, like one of my favorite gays followed you. And then she must have saw that one of her favorite gays followed my.
Speaker 2: Favorite gay, my cousin Chris, who is my favorite gay. He knows all the music, he knows all my wait. So so I sent him you and that she sent her gay. And then but we didn't know we were doing this.
Speaker 1: This is some separate things.
Speaker 3: And then she was like, oh, I'm like yeah, and I said so funny because I said it to my favorite gay and he said have her on and I was like very like.
Speaker 1: Smoking was like, well, when's she coming?
Speaker 2: I said, well two days from now, said yeah, coming see me.
Speaker 1: He's in New York. He really wanted me. I just lives New York too.
Speaker 2: Well next time, cousin, Chris, this one's for you and I she's my friend.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get so much support from the LGBTQ community. Uh if any I would like to say, dare I say? I feel like they are a nice majority of my fan base.
Speaker 2: I mean, the one thing's about is it not politically correct to say the gays because that's how I refer to them in that personal life.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'm a former gay. I just call them my annihilators. They don't matter who they are.
Speaker 1: Annihilators. Thank you girl. I'm an annihilator now period.
Speaker 3: I feel like the gays, I'm go ahead and call them the gays, the gay the games spend money, the games.
Speaker 1: Doing, I can fight like a mother. We actually might need to get were our gays. Yeah, we need to up our gay community. We're not doing you know. And now that she's on the show, maybe they'll come from now that you're here, guys, Just so you know, I actually.
Speaker 2: Am in I'm a part of the family. I used to be lesbian. I don't identify anymore because I got married to a man. But once you're in the gay community, you're owners in the gay community.
Speaker 1: So is it such thing as that we're Are you a retired lesbian?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna come out from retirement from here, you know, time to time. Just I'm feeling frisky.
Speaker 1: But is that the correct like? Can I cite it retired all the time? Okay, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm retired, but I still consider myself.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that I'm sure that the true full blooded lesbians might take issue with this, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: The lesbians still love me.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm just saying, you know, you know, you know, may be sensitive, dmn me if you think that I should be out, Well, I'm I'm a I'm a I'm a buy fun bitch.
Speaker 1: So and I've dipped my tippy on the weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm dipping exactly what trade nine and seven am exactly?
Speaker 1: Now she got by fun. I was a fucking apparation. It's my foot.
Speaker 3: I recently rejoined and reopened my Buy Fun app.
Speaker 1: Field, and I need any report that it sucks.
Speaker 2: You're gonna fuck up our endorsement possibility.
Speaker 1: They paid us in three years week.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, Field, if you need d I recruit, we volunteer as tribute.
Speaker 1: We need we help, we need help do our own.
Speaker 3: Ashley said, I need to expand my my searches more because I'm just in LA and I was like, okay, I can, but La La searches are going to be always on the white side.
Speaker 1: What is the okay?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: Field is a Field is like a website and an app, a dating app for people that are like, not necessarily alternative lifestyles, but like people that have.
Speaker 1: Specific kinks or specific things that they're looking.
Speaker 2: Unicorn or if you want to be a unicorn, or if you or even if like you are looking for love but you are, but you require specific things like your suburb. You can find your husband on opening that tell.
Speaker 1: Us girl, I never heard any Is she okay?
Speaker 2: So sorry we just jumped into all this crazy.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's fine.
Speaker 2: So what is so You're not an the LGBTQ plus, are you buy fun? How do you identify I'm engaged?
Speaker 1: To a man. You never eate pussy before. I've never eaten a vagina before.
Speaker 2: Really, I at least like that just went wow, look look at this.
Speaker 1: Are you fucking kidding me? Right now? What is what is this? Field? She got a dog on her profile. I don't in a turtle, nick, you know what? She has her dog?
Speaker 3: This is this is the profile if the people see that are interested in her.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's why I made that profile. Years ago we discovered Oh my gosh, maybe she just.
Speaker 1: Want the people to know, like, hey, I come with it.
Speaker 2: This comes along I mean that's what you know for you come straight up as a dog with a sweater and a barrett. But that picture gives that How you say that la vegghead girl pursuing an MSW?
Speaker 1: What the fuck is ms W? Mutual sexual This is a problem. Look at it.
Speaker 2: They have a lot of like acronyms that I don't smation.
Speaker 1: I'm a woman wants.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I think the dog is she just letting people know, like, hey, this is a part to me.
Speaker 1: If you want to if you want to get with me, this comes with this. Well we have it.
Speaker 2: We actually back in the day when we were single, we had an epidemic.
Speaker 1: We were on the dating apps a lot, and what.
Speaker 2: We discovered is people over thirty with no kids adopt.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's white people.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's la adopt puppies and animals as their children take them everywhere, including in their profile pictures.
Speaker 1: And it was very annoying.
Speaker 2: And we actually I dated two guys with a dog and they wouldn't leave the fucking dog at home.
Speaker 3: Ever, that's definitely a thing out here. Yeah, I got ja. Dogs and strolls don't do that. Hell now the dog on a damn leash.
Speaker 1: Oh you guys.
Speaker 2: Update MSW has nothing to do with her sexual preference. It's actually she's pursuing a Master's of Social Work Sexuality specialize.
Speaker 1: Oh so she's just smart. She's sex in school. She's going to school. Okay, god the he she looks smart with that barette, but that dog needs take that sweat anyway, it's dry.
Speaker 2: You're going back on field. So you are you getting, like, what's happening? Butt of meat in fat? I saw them already. What what the It's a profile of a couple and called meat in fat cute but.
Speaker 1: Saying like.
Speaker 3: I gotta see this, you know what, let me let me just put you know for what I'm about to see. They're cute.
Speaker 1: They're cute. Is it just people have different names because they don't want to put their real names on.
Speaker 2: Why he ain't showing his face though, keeps rolling. He's there actually speaking of sex and field, I have an announcement to make. It's been a long time coming.
Speaker 1: Get these please.
Speaker 2: I am co hosting a June teenth play party with the prints of play Parties the play oh.
Speaker 1: Period June nineteenth in LA.
Speaker 2: Get your tickets and actually this is going to be We're coming together for diversity. I'm here to bring the d I to the play It's fortune teenth. We're decolonizing pleasure. We're getting regulating your nervous system. We're doing rebellious active pleasure. Bring your unicorns, bring your niggas, come single, bring your husbands, put your kids to bed downtown l A.
Speaker 1: What is there a theme? I'm obviously actually yes, the theme is the matrix. Oh that sounds like I have a question? Can I what's a unicorn? Really? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, so say you and you're heavy, we're in the shopping for a third that would be the unicorn.
Speaker 1: You want a girl too, Okay, yeah, no, I'm cool. What's your birthday? I share November eighth, Scorpio. I'm not sure. Yeah, I'm a Scorpia. What day period?
Speaker 3: But you know what, I have to say something about that, Okay, I recently do got a conviction on astrology, somebody I'm somebody who would live and die, live and live by astrology. Recently I was given insight, spiritual insight that astrology is opposite of my faith. It's arguable, Yes, I felt those deep, I felt them, and that.
Speaker 1: Was my same reaction. But I'm also but how did you heard the whole time in church? Not they alway talk about they always say this stuff.
Speaker 3: I haven't really this was This was my first time in my adult life with this conversation being brought to me. And I'm i'm'n talk about. Yeah, I'm Scorpio. Everything they say about us, it's true. Woot the wool Alliday?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: So I asked, if we are made up of the same substances of the earth, the same elements. When we cry, our tears are salt water, same as the ocean. When we die, we turn back into dust. If we have all of these things, and motherfucker's be going crazy when it's a full moon, Like we're directly connected right with all the elements. Why what's what's the issue with me identifying or saying that I'm a scorpio? And what I was told was that it's because that's what you're using as your identity, that's who you are, versus being a believer in Christ. You're believer in astrology. I personally have never taken it that deep before. Can you be a believer in Christ and still be a scorpio?
Speaker 1: But in Christ? I definitely dot. I didn't make the moon and the stars of the earth. This is this is ality, This is all the same things I say.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 2: You're not with the most religious girlies. We're more spiritual. I mean, I'm serial first, I'm spiritual.
Speaker 1: I'm not really I don't even God.
Speaker 2: But you know what, there's so many rules and regulations of Bible that I think have been misinterpreted and manwashed, and absolutely.
Speaker 1: I agree with that.
Speaker 2: And also I'm not somebody who lives and dies like I know, I know what I am. There's things that I relate to, there's things that I don't. But I'm not gonna be like I'm not going out because they said don't go out, and I'm a cancer on Tuesdays.
Speaker 1: Like you know, like you take everything with a grain of salt. Yeah, for sure, definitely agree. I think God gave us tools for a reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and using your astrology and understanding your astrology and the way you're connected to the elements is a.
Speaker 1: Tool given to us by God.
Speaker 3: So I don't see the I don't really understand the what you say conviction personally for.
Speaker 2: Me, I don't think it's a conflict of interest, just like some people say, like sage or stones or you know, like crystals. The Nigga made those two apparently, So I don't know why in the Bible if I had one of my purse ultras in the Bible.
Speaker 3: The church that I go to talks about this, and this is when I start going, Okay, yep.
Speaker 1: Halleloyah Man Jesus.
Speaker 3: I also am very spiritual. I have my own personal relationship with Christ. That's my dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thats like when you question him.
Speaker 3: My father loves when I ask him questions because I'd be real confused about how ghetto Earth is.
Speaker 1: So I get it. There's much controversy around there.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I was just sharing that that I had never heard that before until my adult.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm surprised you haven't, because I've heard a lot in church and through after people.
Speaker 1: Even we had a for guest on a few weeks ago. She refused to pick a card. And that's not the first time this happened, you know, refuse to pick a card? Do it? Arry hard?
Speaker 2: And she was like, Oh, that's what the man is. I thought that was your board game. No, that's just terror card.
Speaker 1: Do you want to pick one? I don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will pick it for you. Okay, teach your own. You know, there's no peer pressure over here coming. I noticed what they were. I listen, like you said, guide me.
Speaker 1: God, believe me along the way.
Speaker 3: Everyone's walked with God truly his personal It is absolutely what is working with you that might not work for me. You know that's good and the guy and the Bible everyone interprets interprets it different. You go to one church they're saying this thing, another church they're saying this thing. So it's really like, what is your spirit feel called to when you hear those words? What rings true genuinely to yourself?
Speaker 2: And oh my God could judge men? God, I'm not here to hear your rules.
Speaker 1: That me and God. That's got personal. And Jesus best friends was dope.
Speaker 2: Dope dealers. He loves collected, This was his dog.
Speaker 1: Jesus loved the hors. She loved me. Jesus loves me. We been a singer and all of my fuck the way. Well, let's talk about singing. Let's talk about your career and music.
Speaker 2: Wait, have you made any bad choices this week before you get into that?
Speaker 5: Okay, oh you have, girl, I had some positive two nights in a row, and I'm supposed to be on my sixty day journey right now, and this is week two of my my my weight loss journey, and I'm supposed to be counting.
Speaker 2: Carbs and not at the bullshit. I had bought some novel twice and it was delicious. You know, Yeah, I feel bad, don't that's gonna make a gain weight. If you don't feel bad, it will just keep you skinny. I really feel like it's the energy, Like if you feel bad, it's gonna stick.
Speaker 1: If you don't feel bad, sink skiny thouts. Okay, no, when you like this is good for my body. It's nourishing me.
Speaker 2: It's running right through and I'm gonna nourishments and then no weight. You gotta just like put your intentions on the woman.
Speaker 1: You will not discriminate against. I'm not discriminating. You have no idea what it feels like to gain weight. You look amazing and not feel good about it. Have you ever gained weight and been like, damn I fat when I was pregnant?
Speaker 2: Girls?
Speaker 1: Shut up? Girl? Have you ever not been able to gain weight and be like, damn, what am I going to get some weight? No hurt. Your testimony is different than mine. What you see, what you did that?
Speaker 2: I was good.
Speaker 1: You just made snort.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for those days.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I want just.
Speaker 1: You know it was black because Jamaica did a look, oh it's that you see.
Speaker 2: That was to say, yep, maybe I had all the all.
Speaker 1: The festival and death. I said, baby, if I don't come back five pounds like I don't.
Speaker 2: Every meal, I just have to say, y'all, we have a new engineer in the building and he happens to be my stepfather.
Speaker 3: And I'm so sorry, Rory. You're going to know so many things you didn't ask to know about me, And already apologies, don't mom? Yeah, I already apologize.
Speaker 2: She was like, that's your that's that's a Sugar Daddy. I was like, no, that's Erica's stepdad. Sorry, mister Maury.
Speaker 1: I was so.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Eric have never been successful at Sugar Daddy, and it's not been.
Speaker 3: Our we haven't been successful. I should have wrote a book on the sheet. But that's my past life and that song just will not die.
Speaker 1: Well, tell us about that, I mean the song, but more what about the Sugar Daddy? The song?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll talk about it from the song's perspective. No, I mean I was just the young I was the younger single mama. Uh, I just needed some of the pressure off. And I you know, how.
Speaker 1: Did you acquire one cruity? How we're what I mean?
Speaker 2: We met at a bar actually, and it ain't even nothing deep, like you know how bitches be trying to like, okay, so where do I go at?
Speaker 1: What time? And what do I need? It's not even in deep. I met this nigga ed was he older? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was it Beverly Hills cause the's certain bars was like a high end bar. Was a Mexican bar on Taco Tuesday. It wasn't even that deep for real? Was he rich rich or?
Speaker 1: Like not? Was that the Taco Tuesday? Was he rich rich or? Was he we're tired? We retired NFL player? Yeah? Okay, invested his money well past life though past life. She just got too She was just getting too thick. You know.
Speaker 3: He started falling in love and that wasn't that. It wasn't How long was her sugar daddy? About a year and some change.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the girlies who can long term maintain a sugar daddy? Now if you Yeah, my mom is one of them.
Speaker 1: She's she's really good.
Speaker 2: At it, like I Perry almost some people just have it in their DNA.
Speaker 1: My mom didn't give that to me. All right, this has skipped over here too. My patience is low. My Amie taught me my patience could be high for a sugar daddy. I could. I could up my patience all you would think, And it's not the same.
Speaker 3: I mean for a little bit of time. It could depend on how you know, how many bills need to get paid? Okay, if we if we count by the bills, then I say I get where you're going with that. But the level of tolerance you do have to have a lot of patients. Like you, you got a young pussy, you know what I'm saying, you beatting it on this old nigga. Sorry, mister Rory is he and he's al right here right?
Speaker 1: These are a lot of it moments. Huh. You're like when you he sent you something that's not sexy and you'd be.
Speaker 3: Like, I can say I was one of the I was on the lookier side.
Speaker 1: He was attractor, is really good and he was pretty attractive that I can handle. That's not even sugar daddy, that's just an old nigga. Who's your old nigga? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That was great ideal he was still but I enjoyed, but like I wasn't annoyed by Okay, I got to this nigga because I need that.
Speaker 1: That was looked up for you. But the plan wasn't for him to fall in love. Did you have to ask or did he just give? With both?
Speaker 3: It was a mix of It was a mix of both. He liked for me to ask because he knew he was gonna get splissy.
Speaker 1: You know. Oh God, So I just have a flashback I'm scared. Yeah, it was. It was. I could see you didn't. I could see the disgust on your face. It was fine, No, it actually was.
Speaker 3: It was fine for the time that I needed it to be motiv I'm just happy to not have to be in that space anymore because I became way too dependent on that, too comfortable with, you know, and I didn't like the power that he had over me financially.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I had to grow the fuck up. How'd you end it? I just did.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, my life is going in a different direction. You want something that I can't provide. So and it didn't end well either, Like he was just like, I.
Speaker 1: Want back all the money I ever gave you. Good luck. Yeah, lord, it's gone. Baby. That broke up. That breakup broke his heart. Has he moved on?
Speaker 2: I don't fucking know that ship. I'm engaged to a motherfucking Jamaican. Did good conversation, good everything. Shout out to the Jamaican. This is a commercial for Jamaicans. They cook, they clean, they fucked, they fucked, they fixed ship, they fixed it. Keep your ass and shake, they do. And that's the kind way. And hopefully they have one family. Oh my god, did did he be talking to you in the accident fucking you with like pat talk? Because I was like, I let to do that thing. Oh lord, yes, a man, hallelu this o mate, y'all.
Speaker 1: I love howdy'll be at my baby daddy house. What I love?
Speaker 3: We're gonna tell that that's your baby daddy's No, no, no, no no, there was no.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I got to explain, like, what the hell? We can't just say that right and not explained. Okay.
Speaker 3: So Austin, my oldest son, was uh, his dad and his uncle were roommates.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I had just did like fourteen hours at the studio, crazy, I was tired. I went to go pick Austin up from his dad's place. They was in the middle of a kickback. Y'all have kickbacks out here? Yeah, okay, they was having a kickback and his uncle Chris was like, man, now you come in the house, come cheue with us. I'm like, mag, I'm just here to pick up my son. And I don't like y'all like that, So I'm just getting man, come in here and chill.
Speaker 1: We got some more can read.
Speaker 3: This blah blah blah, and yeah, and then Austin to put the cherry on top, was.
Speaker 1: Like, Mommy, can I just have a few more minutes with my cousins? So that's really what, you know, made me say so.
Speaker 3: It was one of those things where a friend of a friend of a friend had, you know, all the plus ones, and Jay just happened to be somebody else's plus one.
Speaker 1: I didn't not believe you met your fance.
Speaker 3: Had to be good for something, thank you, because the shaw wasn't him child. And it started to get weird though, because I'm there, like playing Domino's and drinking and all there knowing that he and the other room baby daddy in the other room, and then you know, me and Jay, and I know how cliched this sounds y'all right, but the minute that we shook hands, bitch.
Speaker 2: I felt like a like a shock wave go through my body, you know. And he said it too.
Speaker 3: It just it just was weird that I was really into this man the first time I was meeting him, you know, and vice versa, and knowing that baby Daddy's in the other room.
Speaker 1: So I was like, I got I got to get out of here, So I left. I booked it. I got out of there.
Speaker 3: Two days later, he ended up asking my nephew's uncle, I mean my son's uncle.
Speaker 1: Hey, whatever happened to her? Why she leave like that? You know? And he asked for my number.
Speaker 3: I said no because it was just too close for comfort, you know, And I was like, just give him my Instagram instead, which he gave him my Instagram and then he was like.
Speaker 1: Damn, who the fuck are you? What you do? Why you got all these followers? You know? So I let him taking me on the day. Then, yeah, that was that better than me? Because I'm petty. I'd be like.
Speaker 3: It just didn't It felt weird knowing that Austin's daddy was like in the house and we over there playing dominoes.
Speaker 1: It was just like, what am I doing? I'm too grown for this. Let me give my.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't let your boyfriend or your baby daddy all your hoodsband stop you from finding your hoods man?
Speaker 2: Howe how does he feel about it now that he never gave a.
Speaker 1: Fuck that night?
Speaker 3: From that night he was like, we're grown and dad ain't my partner, so what we doing?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: And I was just like, nah, this is I can't physically sit here in his house and give you my number. It just didn't feel like it was a little uncomfortable, you know. So but you know whatever, that was then and this is now and we here now you got a baby and the kids and shit, So how.
Speaker 1: Long have you guys been engaged?
Speaker 3: Three years? But we've been together for six. The wedding is next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a big old, big wedding. So happy to be off the market. Big wedding.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, Jamaica. We're getting married in Jamaica because none of his family is here. Dramatic bitch, I'm finna get on so many bitches, nerves, my dress, the Bachelor, Red Party, I'm posting everything.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm tapping into my wife the era, you know, as you should.
Speaker 2: It's like excited, But did you foresee yourself being at like a bride?
Speaker 1: Like how this era?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like even for me, I'm like, I'm still like my husband.
Speaker 1: My husband. My husband is like a practice still sometimes I say it my best sounds weird. How does it feel? It feels good? But it feels like I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess I've always wanted to be married, but I don't know if I actually believe that it would happen.
Speaker 1: So now that I'm like my husband, yeah, it was hard for me to say boyfriend.
Speaker 2: So it's just it's an interesting transition transition and I'm having to like sit in the my wifeyet era softly that's softly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just something from all of that and being the side beach and being the girlfriend, the fiance and now I'm about to be the wife. So being able to travel through all of those different transitions is it's a gift.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I finally get to let myself be loved and just take a like exhale for real. You know, I don't got to take care of the house by myself, and I'm all the kids. I don't even got to touch the yoid. You know, I'm a bitch. I'm here, She's arrived. Finally, I deserve that. We all deserve soft lives.
Speaker 2: I think as black women, we talked about you know, the soft life fucking word is a thing right now or has been. But I'm like, you could say it all day long, but like there's a your body has to catch up, like your nervous system, you know what I mean, Like that part.
Speaker 1: Like you could say it, say it, but being in it.
Speaker 2: It's been so many times where I'm like absolutely, yes, untut your body, Yep, nothing's happening, You're good.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's this is a new niggas. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I'm constantly telling my body that I'm safe and that like this, I'm living in the manifestation. And I think that a lot of people disregard you could manifest something. It could come to fruition, but like your mind and body and spirit catching up the line of work.
Speaker 1: Yes it is.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you say it that out loud, because that is a that is a very true thing. Your nervous system can still be three niggas behind. Yeah, I'm right there with you.
Speaker 1: Wow. I'm just happy you.
Speaker 3: Say it that out because I'd be wondering if I'm troopment because.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's hard to put into words because it kind of makes you feel a little ungrateful.
Speaker 1: Are you like? I am happy? But why do I feel in my body like anxiety? Yeah? And I'm like like I am Wow.
Speaker 2: You have to almost like put your put words to it to to start to conceptualize that you are not living in your actual reality.
Speaker 1: I was coming from the airport one time, my baby mama, baby daddy, a new baby daddy.
Speaker 2: My husband picked me up and we drove past an old old place I lived with with my baby daddy, and I didn't realize I was tense in the car. It took you there, and then I was like, oh, I'm passing that place. Oh the whole different nugget. Oh I'm with the nice niggad.
Speaker 1: And I was like, that's a real fucking thing.
Speaker 2: It was like, if I hadn't passed that address, I would have not have acknowledged that my body was literally just living in So wherever you are right now, if you're feeling tense for no goddamn reason.
Speaker 3: Breathe, breathe, there you go. And I'm just like, Okay, you married bitches, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Can we move on now? No, I'm not I love they.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: I want to feel it.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: I love Jesus. We love Jesus, we love astrology, we love everybody. Jesus made bolls, we love music. Everybody exhales, soft life, every.
Speaker 2: I'm happy you said that that that comment, ab bitches are gonna shut the fuck up, you married bitches. That I feel like I've lived partially, like I've only lived partially in my soft life because I'm afraid that I'm gonna being annoying. But one of those I don't want to be that.
Speaker 1: I don't care anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't given because you know what, I'm happy bitches are doing it.
Speaker 1: I'm actually happy I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna live and you know what else, To that point, I'll be feeling like, am I allowed to talk about how happy I am about boring bitches without bring people to death?
Speaker 1: And she'll make it it same like, oh, she thinks she you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Sometimes I'll be having to like, I'm not so open about.
Speaker 1: How exactly how good my love life is. I'm so happy you said that. It was like, I haven't said.
Speaker 2: That that out loud because I kind of hate those bitches who do that online, and I'm like, are bitches.
Speaker 1: Like space for us?
Speaker 2: But I feel that way genuinely and I have. I've kind of like push.
Speaker 1: But why do you guys?
Speaker 3: But why do you guys feel like that someone said that to you? Or is this just something like this is what you are adopted? I think it's something that story though, Is it because maybe you did that to other people? Like you felt that way around seeing other people happy. NaN's beach Neil, So you're assuming or not.
Speaker 1: Justn't know. For me. Remember that girl that we hated on life, I didn't hate her. I just thought she was annoying.
Speaker 3: I ain't never been, but I think I think that it's there's so many girls that I the girls that don't have it definitely outweigh the girls they do, so I feel like they don't want to. They just don't want to hit a shit because they don't have it yet, you know. And it can it can feel or look like, oh she thinks she out it, you know, or whatever if you got a younger term. But I just I don't want to beat that because I've been to the girl on the other side that's just like, well, when is it going.
Speaker 1: To be my turn? Lord? I see what you're doing for others.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: But that's why I think it's important that we don't take that, because I've recently come out of that because I realized it's my own shit too. But I also realized it's important that we talk about the happiness and the health of the relationship because a lot of people don't experience it, and a lot of women are like fuck things I've said fucking a lot of times.
Speaker 1: And it's that's a lot of them are. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is going on, but I think it's important for women to know that there are.
Speaker 1: Healthy, happy that it exists.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's kind of a responsibility, I mean, and I don't think it's our responsibility to think if somebody else thinks we're annoying, someone's gonn always think we're annoying. Someone thinks I'm annoying right now? Yeah, there was gonna be.
Speaker 1: Like success guilt, like I was struggling before. Now I'm not.
Speaker 2: Someone else is still struggling. Should I not talk about my.
Speaker 1: Success on my journey? Ye?
Speaker 2: Be feeling like that, But that's like living in survival and living in a science that you yeah, survivor's guilt, and I don't.
Speaker 1: I think that's not healthy.
Speaker 2: And that's a part of the nervous system regulation that we're experiencing because we have to talk about it to believe it, to know it, so our body knows and like other bitches that you.
Speaker 1: Know, like, yeah, marriage is good, it could be good.
Speaker 2: It can be good if you pick the niggas that really fucks with you. And then you're not lying to yourself. It's the desperation and settling that creates the bullshit.
Speaker 1: There it is right there.
Speaker 3: You got to be motherfucking equally yoke because so many bitches and niggas fall in love with the idea of a beautiful marriage and a successful relationship, and alla they're forgetting that it takes work to have a good relationship. You got to actually put the work in. You like yourself that too, and you can't depend on another motherfucker to make you feel happy and like yourself and make you love yourself.
Speaker 1: You know, it's got to come from you first, because.
Speaker 2: A lot of bitches get relationships and then they're like, they change and shit for the nigga. Then they don't really know who he is, and now you don't know who he is. Now everybody confused, and now you're just two lost people just dying for companionship, for someone to be there, and it's not really the person who's supposed to be there, like.
Speaker 1: Freach, So I think I have to also have to like the person you're with.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of women think they like the person that they're with, but they like what they either offer them, they like the way they make them feel, but they don't actually like the person, you know. I mean, so it's like shit were to fall apart or he wasn't able to provide in the way that he.
Speaker 1: Was, would you still like this man? And a lot of them are like, actually, I really like the lifestyle he provides me. I don't know if I actually liked or.
Speaker 2: The babysitter, or the dinner he made, or like the warm body in my bed at night.
Speaker 3: You know what a lot of bitches mess though. They forget to They forget to find somebody that can struggle well because you know you're gonna have financial struggles, you're gonna have deaths in the family, and and you never realize how your partner process death until they lost somebody close to them, Like, how do you struggle what we what we're gonna be looking like when you when you functionally depressed? You know, because ship, I'm I think we don't all been there. Goddamn it. I ain't too far from in my damn SLF. I've been chasing this music dream for forever, you know. So you got to find somebody who knows how to process disappointment well, because you're not gonna unpack your ship on me. I don't deserve it, you know.
Speaker 2: It's a life sentence of contagious energy. So yeah, speaking of good mom's bad choices, my kids been blowing me up since we've been sitting here.
Speaker 3: It's it's emergency, that's my past life. I got for working one for home. But my kids don't give a damn about any of this. I could answer and tell him, hey, baby, I'm in an interview. I'll call you back. Oh you in their interview. Okay, I need more Roebucks. Keeps me humble though, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: How was the transition of you guys blending families? What was that like?
Speaker 3: I want to say for my oldest, for Austin, I think everybody is we all love each other deeply. We're super super close, and I'm the only girl in my house. But I think for Austin, I had I had a guilty feeling of making him become a big brother all of a sudden, because it was just me and Austin for so long that when Jay came into the picture with his son that he already had too, which they instantly clicked. By the way, your two sons, my oldest and Jay's son.
Speaker 1: They instantly clicked.
Speaker 3: But mind you, because I met Jay at Austin's dad's house, they already knew each other the boy was there. They already knew each other because he would go to the functions as well. But anyhow, I think I, in my own head, I put the pressure on it more than more than I Austin even cared to think about it, because it would be some nice where I'd be like, Okay, Austin, you know Adonis is watching you now, so make sure you make good choices and make sure you're not cussing in front of him, because I know he cuts when he with his friends and share, you know. But I think I put I thought more on it, and then having to think like, Okay, how do I divide my love between a child that's mine and a child who I'm now his step mom?
Speaker 1: You know, like that ship and you're trying to create a relationship with girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like, I don't know if I don't I don't know if I know how to be a step mama. You know what kind of is there a different version of love?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Like girl, I'm the captain of the fucking Overthinker's Club.
Speaker 1: Mom's mom's complicated. Complicated, Well, because you know complication.
Speaker 2: I lovemplicated because we're overthinking about we're hyper aware.
Speaker 1: Of the sensitivity. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and sometimes they don't even think about Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I was just thinking about the other the other day. My baby daddy, he has multiple children. Now, I was the first. I was the first baby.
Speaker 1: Mama, you got the oldest child. I got the oldest child.
Speaker 2: But we were together for a really long time before he had started having other children, and we were together. He got another woman pregnant and yeah, and I had had She went ahead and had the baby, and so I was stressing out about how I was going to explain this to my three year old, my.
Speaker 1: Three or four year old together, Okay.
Speaker 3: No, girl, this was this was the inception of good mom's bad choices. I became a single mom, and I was like, you know, oh, it was a blessing. Ultimately, this baby was a blessing. I didn't see that with the sign bitch. But I could speak, I could speak. I could speak from a positive space now. But at the time, I was really like, how am I.
Speaker 1: How is she going to take it? She's going to be confused, She's going to be share her where we can explain where this other baby came from a stork.
Speaker 3: And I just remember, like it was finally the day we were going to tell her, and she came over and he came over sound the couch and I was just like my baby, and he told her and she was like cool, she existive, no, none of the question.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, we're good, everything's fine.
Speaker 2: Sure, Why did you give a little bit more trauma than just a little just a little hair, a little hair, I know.
Speaker 1: He was like, see, bitch, I told you. And are they close? She close with disabling? Yeah. Yeah, they all live kind of all over the place. It definitely be us well, because a lot of times we.
Speaker 3: Think what we put our own traumas onto our children and think like, oh my god, like whatever happened in your childhood, and you remember this exact situation and how it impacted me, and so it must also impact my child and something.
Speaker 1: No, yes it probably won't. Yes, me and m iball be something completely different how we want to. You're gonna suck up on some other shit. Yeah, some of the ship that you had no idea.
Speaker 3: I'm all right, Yeah, this is exactly why therapy was one of the best decisions I've ever made.
Speaker 1: Hence the name of my album. What is it? Yeah, let's talk about the album. Yes, girl, I'm so excited about it, y'all.
Speaker 3: My annihilators, first of all, they know me for giving them real raw content. I ain't never sung about nothing. I ain't never directly went through myself or had front row seats and like a close friend went through it. But I've never spoken from this, I've never been this in depth about about this particular part of my journey. It's called therapy Wasn't Enough. And I leaned into that title because with the help of my team, and but I leaned into that title because even though therapy is one of the best decisions you can ever make for yourself, you still got to put the work in. Therapy is only a tool, baby, and you still have to actually do it when you're not sitting in that chair, you know. And for Jay and I, we met during the apocalypse, girl, with nothing going on in the whole world was shut down, and there was there was a there was a switch, you know, when the world opened back up and you could prepare somebody all day long and let them, know, like, hey, don't get used to this version of me, because when the world opened up, I'm outside.
Speaker 1: I gotta go back to work, you know.
Speaker 3: And I I said that, but then having to live it. Whoa, this is what you do, this is who you are. This is how many people gonna be in your face. This is what you're gonna wear on stage, you know. And he's Jamaican, so that is.
Speaker 1: It strict over there.
Speaker 3: He won a type program. He won a type program because he's I'm his first love, he's ever been in love before. He was a gallous so pussy was easy accessible, easily accessible to him. And I'm the first person that he's ever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: He put his hoe on the shelf for me, so it's precious to have to share me with the world. It was tough for him and we we we went, We went through some ship girl to get to where we are now. This motherfucker beautiful. But what it took to get to this space it was, it was It was tough. Did you guys do a couple therapy?
Speaker 2: Still?
Speaker 3: Actively he was open to that. No, okay, I was curious, black man, exactly how'd you get him in there?
Speaker 1: Uh? It took It took a series of unfortunate events for us to finally for him to finally say, Okay, maybe you're right, maybe we should take that leap and go to therapy. Yes, nigga, we should, you know.
Speaker 3: And thankfully I can say that therapy was a big part of what saved us because.
Speaker 1: We almost didn't. We almost didn't make it. It's beautiful that he was that he was open to it. What about now, like, is he enjoy it?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like sometimes once you get into it, they'd be like looking forward to it. Now he's like, you're gonna be back in town. Like he's like, I think now the best And then when I do some ship that's like doctor doctor, doctor h said that you're supposed to you know, No, Mamma's that's not how you do that.
Speaker 1: Doctor said, you know.
Speaker 3: Like he he's like actually applying the tool into our everyday relationship now, So kudos to him.
Speaker 1: That is beautiful. What's your favorite song on the album? Ooh, that is such an unfair question, girl, what's the first thing that popped out? Choose? Choose.
Speaker 3: I'll go with choose because it's it's just that I remember him putting me in a space where he made me feel like I had to choose between him or the music, and the ship broke my heart because I've always prayed for a love like this.
Speaker 2: Y'all about to have me crying on camera, and it's a safe space to cry safe. Yeah, I've always asked God for a love like this, but I've always asked God for the realization of my dream too. So when I felt like I was in a tug of war between the two, I was just like.
Speaker 1: Well, God, what what is this? This is not what you showed me, you know.
Speaker 3: And I chose Choose as the single, the first single from the project because I compared it to you know how when you're in a bookstore you turn a book over and you read the summary of the book. I feel like Choose is the summary of the album. So yeah, how does that how as a songwriter who writes so vulnerably and from the heart, how does that work with your within your relationship when like Jay, here's a song like that, Like, how do you do you give him like warning before it comes out, or you show him like, hey, babe, look what I did today.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I chuckled on that because that's exactly what happened with this album in particular because ain't, like I said, I was nervous because I've never spoke with this in depth about my business. So I told him, like he understands and knows, anytime something impacts my life, I write it down and make a song out of it. He knowed, you know, but for him to be the muse, I had to, like I had to forewarn him, like, hey, you know, I'm gonna write about this shit, you know.
Speaker 1: And he said, Mama's whatever paid the bills period. So you know.
Speaker 3: Once I finished and wrapped the album, I came home, I set the move for us in the room. I lit some candles. We laid in bed together. Not you know, we ain't have sex or nothing, but we laid in bed together. I played the album. I lit some candles, and I was like, I'm going to play this for you from start to finish, and let's hold the conversation till after, and you let me know how you feel about the album. At the end of the album, he was like, damn.
Speaker 1: I that's where I took you, Like that's what you know, Like he was in hindsight, he was just like, wow, I didn't I didn't realize that this was the impact that this had on your heart, you know, And he apologized. I would have cried.
Speaker 3: He apologized, and he was also very like, he had so much admiration for what I was able to do with my gift and the story I was able to tell of us through using my gift, and I'm super very supportive. But he you know, then not fuck up again, but he was super He was super supportive and still is now because he had to learn how to share me with the world. It's not interesting because I'm sure you through throughout the process of whatever you guys were going through, you expressed yourself. But sometimes it takes a different medium for people to really understand and really and really to sit with them so they can It's like you have to speak a different language and maybe and music is that a lot of times for people right like this. The language of music really allows people to be like, oh, that's what.
Speaker 2: You meant, yeah, or the way you you communicate, the way you can what you say a conversation may look different than how you expressed it in a song, because that's your your your your paintbrush.
Speaker 3: Well, when I was saying it is like he didn't. Stevie wanted to say the bas music is a language. Music is a world within itself with a language we all understand. Music translates through people who don't even speak, you know, the same language. I could sell out a show in fucking Germany and not understand a word they're saying.
Speaker 1: You know. But I think when he was able.
Speaker 3: To hear it through through the music because he knows the connection that that I that I have with my creativity. Uh yeah, I feel like damn so all I had to do was sing to this motherfucker you nigga. When I'm yelling, you don't hear me, and I and I and I also like to say an argument is the loudest conversation two people can have, but they can't even hear each other because you I'm yelling at you, you yelling at me. Nothing is being received, you know. So yeah, I think I think he got a better perspective when he heard it, when he heard the album.
Speaker 1: And you set the scene too, like you set the vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like yeah, you know, like that probably was really important for him to feel comfortable, for y'all to be laying in bed together feeling connected.
Speaker 1: Yes, And then being able to receive it.
Speaker 3: And I had that idea because I wanted to relax his nervous system first, according to how he might have felt when he heard, you know, because some of the songs is a white woman, you know, like your baby, I'm just woke this joint on this next song, this next song.
Speaker 1: But no, yeah, it was received very well.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of him. I'm proud of our growth. I'm proud of where we are, and I'm happy to say like, yeah, sh it wasn't beautiful in the beginning, but we it's we good now. We made it through that storm, you know. And I say that with my chest. I say that was so much with so much pride.
Speaker 1: Thank you for sharing. I think a lot of people need to hear that, because yeah, it's important for people to know that there's a journey that's involved and it's not always perfect, even at the beginning. So I think that's beautiful that you guys were able to move forward and that I'm curious to know your creative.
Speaker 3: Process, like when do you how do you write songs? We had teacher Moses on a few weeks ago and she was saying, how with.
Speaker 1: How fine sales o Lord, and she would say her creative process was like she need to be the fuck alone. Like She's like, I don't like being in studios with a bunch of people. I will underperform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I would be in rooms with big people looking at me, and I'd be like, yeah, looking.
Speaker 1: At you, look at Yeah. I imagine, like that's a lot of pressure for an artist and a writer.
Speaker 3: I've grown now to work well with others, but in the in the beginning, I was I was definitely a loaner writer for sure, for sure. But I think that's because I ain't never again, I ain't never wrote about nothing that I ain't never experienced the experience. So it's it's difficult for me to get in the studio and and just make ship up. I'm not that kind of I'm an experienced writer, so growing through this industry, damn that ship smell good.
Speaker 1: Not anymore, not anymore. But what was I saying? You a loan writer, but you've learned to uh work well with others, right, Yeah?
Speaker 3: And uh because you're you write from a lived experience. Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 1: I've never been able to get in the lab and.
Speaker 3: Just like make make some ship up that I ain't, you know, But now that I have pen pals, shout out my girl ro Kad who wrote I see you, Cocle Jones and Spike the Designer. I have pin pals that they know. They know my get down, they know what I want to talk about. They know how I how I like my delivery to be. And a lot of the times I freestyle things and I have you should see my voice notes, girl, I freestyle shit, and then when I get in the studio, I just run through beats and whichever.
Speaker 1: Which one matches. Yeah, you have to feel at first, and then look at this, oh good, oh oh, it goes all the way to twenty twenty three. I believe those jobs shit that I just come up with.
Speaker 3: And then I'm like, okay, when I get to the studio, I'm gonna this is twenty oh, twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: And spoiled loyal, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I name them like you know, but anyhow, Yeah. I usually always got some material.
Speaker 1: Up here, though, and then you just apply it to the track. I just applied. Has this always been your passion?
Speaker 2: I always don't since you're a little girl, but I grew up absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 3: I've been saying since I was two years old. I don't know how to do nothing else, y'all.
Speaker 1: This is all I got. You come from a musical family, I do.
Speaker 3: My mama was a songstress, a gospel songstress, and my grandfather was the lead singer in a gospel cortet group. Nice, so I got it from him. Jim Humpfriedo was my best friend. He was my favorite toy when I was a kid. Me and my papa was very very close. He died in my arms, actually, and then the gift was passed down from him to my mama, and then from my mama to me. My sisters can't here to note to say they life really no the only one.
Speaker 1: It's just me. What about your son?
Speaker 3: Austin can't here to know to say his wife either, but he can dance. Now you know who I think? Can I show y'all this video of my baby singing. I think Apollo has the gift. Apollo is the baby. I think he's gonna have it because my mama told me when I was a little girl, I would walk around the house doing that the century twenty one.
Speaker 1: But as a baby though, and Apollo does the same thing.
Speaker 3: Let me show you how this video such a mimyet I think he does. And then he'll walk around the house and just like just do little throughs.
Speaker 1: Where to go? It went out, girl, and that was the last match. I got no lighter. I just gave up, okay, and he'll just make up sheet.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for it. So I got so many baby videos in his damn phone. He'll just make up stuff, you know, like he'll why you look for that?
Speaker 2: I'm wondering how has that been having such an age gap, because, oh girl.
Speaker 3: Because I'm scared, because you want to have another baby, I'm going to you should I love babies again? It was me overthinking it. They love each other, girl. Them babies is so them kids are so close. Apollo think he a big boy because because of his big brothers. He's and his brothers are damn. I can't find it, y'all. But he's since video where he was in my office playing with my guitar and then once he realized the guitar actually made noise, he tried to follow the tone.
Speaker 1: Of the It was the most beautiful thing. I was like, oh, ship, and I'm watching him in the corner like and the Jay is like, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna manage my boy. Nigga, you don't know nothing about music? Do you write for other artists?
Speaker 3: I will, like, I haven't yet. I've been to writing camps and ship like that, but nothing I like.
Speaker 1: I went.
Speaker 3: I've been to Rihanna's writing camp and it's gotten so far to where they actually called back and was like, oh, yeah, yeah, we love this song. We're gonna take it. We're gonna spend like ten times. But yeah, I do writing camps and when if one of the motherfucker's land and hey, go me, but yeah, no, it hasn't happened yet. I can't find a bit y'all. Fuck, But yeah, I think I think Apollo is going to be a singer follows for Yeah, I think he's going to be a singer that'll be lovely. And Austin is fifteen or about to be fifteen, and Adonna's is seventh.
Speaker 2: Austin anas Yeah, I like this and that wasn't played either, but obviously that's why I feel like he's my soul make girl.
Speaker 1: When you know, you know, you know, you know, we know today we made it my baby daddy house. You got the little ship up here.
Speaker 2: Ship fine, I mean I think there are magical moments that happened that God says, yeah, bitch, this is. I know you'd be dreaming about other niggas, but this is is the sparkly Yeah, how is your birth?
Speaker 1: Oh? Did that? Was it? But did you have a vaginal birth? That's a story. No, I have to have cesareans with with my kids because my too tight. I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't push kids today. It's just too smile. But no, I really have to have my kids. And I almost I.
Speaker 1: Codd with Oh really, yeah, I had a coded one percent. Yeah, like I died a little bit. I came. I had a uterine rupture.
Speaker 3: Oh no, And you know, I didn't realize how dangerous it was until my doctor brought me a paper to sign. And on this paper you have to acknowledge that there is a ninety nine percent chance that you can die if you have a uterine rupture during.
Speaker 1: They gave it to you mid labor.
Speaker 3: No prior to because my choice was to do a v back. Let me back up, I wanted to opted to do a v back. Where a v back, for those of you who don't know, is when you have a vaginal birth after a C section Okay, there's risks with that. I just so happened to fall into that one percent of women who have a uterine rupture while attempting a v back. So in the middle of pushing, I had a balloon. Did you do you know that is I had a fucking balloon put up. That's the worst they try to.
Speaker 1: They try to make it for you and dilate for you.
Speaker 3: I women, I would advise not to get that ship.
Speaker 1: I hate that. It was so uncomfortable anyway, the balloon shook some ship up down there.
Speaker 3: Okay, and uh, as I was attempting to push, I started to bleed out. I had to be rushed back for an emergency c section. As they were trushing me back there, bitch, I'm just I'm just slipping away, Jay, because.
Speaker 1: You're losing so much blood. Jay was like I have to come with her, you know.
Speaker 3: They telling him, sir, please stay back because now he's at a point where they're trying to, you know, save my life. And I remember being I'm probably gonna end up crying again, y'all. I remember getting being taken back to the o R and I can I started to smell my grandpa. I started to smell him in the hallway and in the room with me, and.
Speaker 1: I was just feeling like this. I can't even describe it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I don't even know if I went to the I don't know what the other side is, you know what I mean. But I just felt like I wasn't here. So I remember when they finally let Jay in. He was whispering in my ear.
Speaker 1: He was like, Mamas, please don't leave me, Please stay here with me. We have a son, we have a son coming. Don't leave me. Don't leave me.
Speaker 3: And I hear him on this side. But then I'm smelling and experience with my grandfather on one side, and I can hear my doctor going in on everybody in the room. I had a black black women, if you know, you know, get you a black o beach g y n. Get you a black woman to bring your black baby into this white world.
Speaker 1: Okay. She was on everybody's ass. I heard her saying, like, this is my patient. I did not give you permission to put the balloon. Nobody called me, nobody asked me for. She was getting on everybody's ask girl.
Speaker 3: Come to find out, I could have a whole I could have had a whole like lawsuit against the doctor that put the balloon in my because he went against my doctor's orders.
Speaker 1: Wow, but anyway, Yeah, I had a unil rupture and I damn there, I damn it checked up out of here, trying to get a follow here and then how did that?
Speaker 2: What is the process after you're in Uterian rupture? Do they have to stitch it? You just have to be on bedrest and hills.
Speaker 3: Naturally, I can no longer carry a baby full term. I have to yes, yes, to answer your question. I was stitched. I had stitches. They stitched me up, and I had an extra two weeks of recovery after since here, you know, it's six weeks, so my recovery time was eight.
Speaker 1: So it was eight, you know, eight very long weeks with no.
Speaker 3: Dick and no or no old skill anything, no motor skills, no nothing.
Speaker 1: I wore diaper for like, I had to wear a diaper the entire time, was the first thing? Like why was that the first thing? She said? Oh?
Speaker 3: I wore diaper for like that whole I was still bleeding that whole entire time.
Speaker 1: But I can no longer carry a baby full term. I have to deliver at thirty four weeks.
Speaker 3: I cannot go past thirty five weeks because literally my users just can't hold the weight of a full term baby. I will die if I try to carry my baby full term. It's it's an indefinite like she made me. She made it very clear, and I signed the paperwork.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So it's a scary fucking thing bringing kids into this world. But you can do it. I mean you can do it. I'm not trying to.
Speaker 3: Scare any mothers that are expecting, sorry, but you know, stories like this are important for women to hear. They gotta know, they gotta know. And I stand ten toes down on this ship. I black mamas should have black women that should have black doctors, preferably a black woman obg y N.
Speaker 1: But I don't. I ain't without it.
Speaker 3: They don't try to save us the highest birth death rate black women. Don't be no donu, bitch, don't be no donor. That happens because they're not saving you. I want everybody to know that and hear me.
Speaker 2: I took off my license. Yes, as a person, do not do not volunteer.
Speaker 1: To donate organs, don't do it.
Speaker 2: Not going to conspiracy and also and also take your placenta home. I did to take take your ship, bring it container and take your ship home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I took it. I ate it.
Speaker 3: I mean I made it into pills and popped the pills. Took the pills just be recovery. But I think because my birth experience was so traumatic, it really didn't make much of a difference for me.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I did that. I got my pcent to turn into pills.
Speaker 2: I planted a tree and I was going, if I deliver my freezer for months. You planted a tree, so is it has it?
Speaker 1: It's huge? Really? Do you have a picture? I have one on her birthday. I'll show you.
Speaker 2: I'll try to take one every every time in front of my gay daddy's parents house.
Speaker 1: And I remember it's around birthday. I take you, like, look at you. I love to see. That's the dope.
Speaker 3: Ass idea play show, listen to That's cute. That's realde though.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: So we have a little game we like to play with our guests. I know we're going to get out of here soon. We've been we can chat. I can chat with you all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so dope, thank you. We'll play this game on our show. It's called trigger. Okay and oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, And basically I want to say a word and then you just say the first thing that comes to mind. Okay, don't overthink it, all right? Bad habits me? Religion, God, last time you had sex?
Speaker 1: How long I've been in ladys Well? Favorite porn category? Not that face. It's to save space. Kind kind of lingos, kind of lingis Did I say that? Right?
Speaker 2: Is this this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So you like watching other women eat other woman?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, means watching women getting ahead? Okay, watching it getting it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The love language, food, deal breaker, no reciprocity, toxic trait, cussing, favorite exposition, I'll get do, turn on my man, turn off pickles?
Speaker 1: Turn what pickles? Are you turn off? Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay, right, celebrity crush, I ain't.
Speaker 1: Got I want to do. No, no, no, he's got a man. No, No, you don't know.
Speaker 2: I never heard of it, never rush, not in my vocabulary.
Speaker 3: Therapy wasn't enough? Uh, best the device You've ever got to trust? My gift, guilty pleasure, chocolate, bad choices.
Speaker 1: Starting arguments on purpect, toxic.
Speaker 3: Sting, arguments on purpose, dilator do this sometimes just to be yeah, just to be a break.
Speaker 1: Come spoiled. Jay got me so spoiled, So you know you're doing it. You're like, I'm gonna start argument right now. Sometimes I sometimes I hope I want. Sometimes sometimes I just.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, favorite artists, favorite artist Brandy hands down, and she knows it too, and.
Speaker 1: You know it too. I love her. You know what, I never say never album. I could play that ship on repeat for the rest of my mother. Have you heard her new? Y'all listen to K's album. I haven't. I just came out. I haven't heard it now. She got a song with Brandy.
Speaker 3: As I know, Kaylani put All every vocal forward listen is an absolute animal like she's she don't play with her vocally, but she was. I was just said the Billboard, uh, Women in Music Awards Awards with her.
Speaker 1: She was so fucking kind. She was like, y'all, it's like two me and teen. She was like two of my favorite girls.
Speaker 2: In R and B right now, girl, may I might come out of lesbian retirement for in the community. I know that's what saying.
Speaker 1: I am. I you know, dabble, but.
Speaker 3: She's she's awesome, man, that song she got with Brandy. My god, Brandy gave us old Brandy Beck record. She gave us Never Say Never Brandy on that record. Really absolutely when you listen to the album, listen to the whole album, but listen to that first before you listen to any.
Speaker 1: Other song noted. Yeah, Oh my god. I was listening to Angel in Disguise the other day. I was like, forget about quite strange the way say yes name when you're looking. Oh, I see the love Candy nice.
Speaker 2: Comes so many hits, he says, I forget, But yeah, it's just so smooth.
Speaker 1: It's like she ain't even really trying, like a throwback Brandy, Like just oh my god, cause you go to Vegas. Oh god, I love.
Speaker 2: Brandy in the car Brandy, we want, we want Vegas, we want.
Speaker 1: So are you guys to see Jesz Hell? Yeah, Jesus in Vegas?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Vegas, Christ and Usher, Christ and Asher you're going to do now?
Speaker 1: I've seen Chris who just made out? So I made out with Crazy. You went up to this It was one of the girls on the stage. No, it's back in the day.
Speaker 2: I'm just I was just no, I haven't got super excited. She said you can, Chris, I did, Yes, it was it was a lot of bitch. I should never tell anybody else. That's been a lot time. Every time I was like, I know he could have been my dad. I'm like, yes, still, I'm sorry. But why why aren't you going to the concert? What does that have to why not?
Speaker 1: What does do with I saw the prices. They're kind of crazy. Also, I saw Usher twice. I get it. I mean, if someone says here's a ticket to go see Usher and Chris.
Speaker 2: Brown, I'm gonna put my shirt on and I'm gonna go somewhere, like if it just lines up. But like, I'm not spending a thousand dollars to see Kristen thousand, seven hundred dollars one ticket.
Speaker 1: That's what I saw on line. Oh wait, you gotta wait. But I'm cheap. You got to wait.
Speaker 2: You never come by the tickets, right because you know what? Also you know what, Yeah, I guess, I guess. I guess stopping cheap. I mean, hi, right, that's that's just that's high. But I'm spending for art because I also wanted to go see Flow Entry, and I know Chris Brown is gonna put on a show. I was just gonna say, but you know why they don't slack on production, baby, they don't.
Speaker 3: And I appreciate production. Yeah, they give you a full show and they did ye in the goddamn and she and they work on their apps.
Speaker 1: They be greased. I mean yeah. I then like no, I didn't mean like like like I'm listening speaking of this. I have a question.
Speaker 2: You know they remember that girl went on stage and and her boyfriend, her man like dumped her. I think it was her fiance or something or her husband. There was a controversy because a girl got on stage and Chris Chris and.
Speaker 3: I remember that and he was an audience like, and I wrote in the comments she should.
Speaker 1: Get a pass. I mean in the.
Speaker 2: Moment, like if you're if you're on stage with the air like make out babe, do it for the team, open your mouth in.
Speaker 1: Mouth, wait no Monday, and you haven't none of it.
Speaker 2: If there's every time we give you a hat pass, it's like, so you could be a star.
Speaker 1: I know, such a bou.
Speaker 3: I know such I would have made up again and and I'm sorry you got one of the cool Jamaicans aside.
Speaker 2: I do oh wow, yeah, I can't confirm it tonight, if you would be okay with that, I'm pretty sure we had this conversation.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, come on stage. But I do have a very come on, I do have a stage. No, it's a stage stage now, I'm in the performance. Now I feel about the stage going for this shop must go on. Na, Okay, I mean, but I can't.
Speaker 2: I also come from the valley, you know, I just don't.
Speaker 1: Girl, we make out like, I don't know why. Chris is his tongue a mouth.
Speaker 2: I know he was very, hes very, his big dick energy, he confident.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, you don't know what his mouth's a bit. He got money. If he catches something, he can pay. Again, I cannot ship. He did is a regular oil. Anyway, he was kissing a lot of bitches because speaking which.
Speaker 2: Sing kissing and bitches and penicillin, insurance, planned parenthood.
Speaker 1: Give me horries for us today. Stories. I got fingered in church one time. That's so bad. Oh my god, I love it. My god, church. Were you an adult or are you mean? My kids say that I'm not gonna watch it, Okay, good mom's bad choices.
Speaker 3: No, I was, I was. I was I was a teenager. I definitely was an adult.
Speaker 2: Like if you were like it was like last week, No, I was doing.
Speaker 1: I was at a church I was at a church camp thing over the summer time. And church camp doesn't count.
Speaker 3: It's the camp this one time in band camp. Nah, I was at a church camp thing.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I was a teenage girl and I had a crush on We had crush a crush on each other, you know, uh we just yeah, so at.
Speaker 2: Least it was an anointed Jesus approved finger bag.
Speaker 1: Was in the church a holy finger bang. No, it's not.
Speaker 2: But couturis is the only thing on the body that's primari primary only thing.
Speaker 1: The thing is just to pleasusure. Yeah, it's because we're spposed to experience pleasure. It's hotly we are the holy clit. I mean, I say, what you tried to do. It's God. It's science. She's convincing. Yeah, but it's no, she ain't true because it's God. I don't know, right, it's holy.
Speaker 2: It's a temple period, but it's a whole lee cold, it's a holy hole. We got to move off anyway, And I I ain't proud of it, but they made me share. I'm proud of it. For you, friend, I take away this. I rebuke to guilt and shame. You're just a teenager. You're being exploracious. Yeah, okay, I was just figuring me out. Yeah, the justice what is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So I just pulled the card for the collective of energies. Okay. So it can either be for whoever's listening the energy of the show. Maybe this is for you, Maybe it's not.
Speaker 2: If it doesn't doesn't and they let it go, the justice card, like we haven't pulled this. The justice card represents justice, fairness, truth, and the law. You're being called to account for the actions and will be judged accordingly. If you have acted in alignment with your higher self and for the greater good of others, you have nothing to worry about. However, if you haven't, you will be called out and made to own up to your actions. If this has you shaking in your boots, no not, that's the justice card isn't as black and white as you may think. A level of compassion and understanding a company justice, And although you may have done something you regret, this card suggests that you will be treated fairly and without bias. Be ready to take responsibility for your actions and stand accountable for the ensuing consequences. If you seek justice, then the justice card is a positive sign that it will indeed be served. Sign that it will indeed be served for you. Sorry, you may be part of the legal case. We're waiting final judgment for the from the courts or a governing body or institution. It really will be passed down shortly. Once the decision is made, you must accept it and move on. There are no retrials, second chances with the upright justice card. It appears when you need to make an important choice with the potential for long term repercussions. Be aware of the impact of your decisions will have on your well being and the well being of others.
Speaker 1: Good mom's bad choices, Baby, Okay, my dude got a warrant. The war is gonna be fine. Didn't a no show? A no show that I never want to court?
Speaker 2: Or you can't just pay pay for that? I don't fucking know I need to. I guess I should look into it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's important. We're gonna need to look into that.
Speaker 2: When you get all right cool, we don't need to be we don't need to see an eye on the news.
Speaker 1: Please. Texas is a weird place, so it surely is, are you Houston? From Houston? Texas is so.
Speaker 3: Unfair as far as as far as well, you know what we got, we ain't got no uh capital text and uh I talk.
Speaker 1: I can talk my ship. But Houston I call it a recession proof city because.
Speaker 3: You can no matter where the economic calamity is, you can survive in Houston.
Speaker 1: I've heard that. I like Houston. Oh, thank you for coming to visit us here. Thank y'all for having me.
Speaker 3: Your business crazy y'all are so funny.
Speaker 1: Y'all are such a good time. Thank you for having me. Wait before we get out of here, can you share the information? Yes?
Speaker 3: I can hmm. Don't let the pressures of social media make you feel like you're not doing enough or make you feel like you're not enough. And also don't let your birthdays make you feel like you're running out of town because I would do that to myself. Okay, I'm about to be thirty six. I haven't done this, this, and this yet. I think it's truly all in God's time. Yeah, So don't let social media make you feel like you're not doing enough. Don't let your birthday, your age, your age. I think that you're running out of time. Yep, I shay that right.
Speaker 1: I believe every birthday. Yeah, we don't do. We don't do. We don't say hapy birtha anymore. We only listen to busy signal. Happy birthday, I'm a friend, Happy birthday, I'm a friend. I cut out the other song. Oh yeah, it's done. It's in an age period. That's good. Well, thank you, thank you so much. Thank you for coming on. Make sure you will.
Speaker 3: Actually, I would love for you to share where our people can find your album, where they can find you all the things. Yes, absolutely, On socials it's in Naya I n a yah. But on TikTok and Facebook it's in Naya underscore lamis l a m I s album Therapy wasn't enough on the way, Hey.
Speaker 1: When did it come out? You have to release it yet? I don't know.
Speaker 2: To be gg okayg on the album real song though, Yeah, looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, that's exciting. Congratulations, yes, congratulations exagement on the new baby and grandma FuG he follow you up this.
Speaker 2: New ships here four years Thank you girl.
Speaker 1: I appreciate y'all. It's just so dope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I know, as an artist like you put a lot of we put a lot of effort into your creations and you're not you're not independent, are you?
Speaker 1: Our empires your empire, but.
Speaker 3: Just just putting all of your love and your blood, sweat and tears out there for the world to receive. So I'm just I'm hoping that you get everything back in twenty twofold. Thank you the work that you put in, because you're bearing your soul and that's a gift, and so thank you for allowing us into your gift. We got to cut the camera, missed that mom makeing natives.
Speaker 1: We need, we need that. It's hard, it's hard out here.
Speaker 3: We put our put our blood, swind tears out and we just don't know what if people are gonna hear it, if they're going to give a fuck, And we need we need, we need affirmations creative for y'all, affirmation, same for y'all. I love how y'all give the moms a safe space. I was just remember I was telling you out there sometimes we need to be able to say what the fuck is on our minds and and and smoke fucking weed and have what is this again, Carol? Yeah, you know, just freedom without the judgment. Just because we're responsible for our little, broke ass human beings, we still get to be ourselves. So I applied y'all for this platform and giving us a safe space like this.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. It's our pleasure's dope.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for joining us for another episode of Good Mom's Bad Choices.
Speaker 1: Make sure you like and subscribe to this episode. Make sure you go leave us a review on Apple.
Speaker 3: Podcasts and Spotify and download the episode because that matters.
Speaker 1: Please download the episode. If you're listening to this.
Speaker 3: Make sure you follow the Good Fire Retreat. We have two incredible retreats happening this summer in Costa Rica. So if you're looking for a summer vacation, you're like, what am I doing this summer?
Speaker 1: Bitch?
Speaker 3: Come to the retreat. You've heard us talk about it. It's time come to retreat. We have the Mommy and Me Retreat and that is July fourteenth through the nineteenth, and then our Women's Retreat July twenty fourth through the twenty ninth.
Speaker 1: I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you. Thanks than I'm gonna be so good. Can't you tell? I went through a drought. That's until I found out well, may might have.
Speaker 5: Been no art.
Speaker 4: That used to be broken tail now got the blues dancing like yeah say justll throat.
Speaker 1: Shots on the top and it's got We're in our voices.
Speaker 4: Patriarchy catch it in the box to exploit its women put the ping and power, so what's pointing to stay?
Speaker 1: Want me to be good? So I make bad choice. This bad mom not a.
Speaker 4: Bad mom, but a bad mom. Peter's seeing put cannapus in their bathb On walked in bosses camp and I blewis cat ball tive dog.
Speaker 1: Now I'm immune to the cat.
Speaker 4: Calls her being the waisted street to it like a dollar sign. Mother, rent the louver when two, it's like a water sign where you're rent the winter essential will win the summertime. I do