Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jettie and he arms Ranged. Oh boy, it's Friday.
Speaker 2: How excited it gets that Friday live from studio? See see you signor dimly lit room deep within the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound. And hey y'all, today we are under the tutelage of power general manager.
Speaker 1: God, they don't have a strong candidate. I got one, okay, great one? Alcatraz Alligators. Well, what now? Alcatraz Alligators? Is that like a soccer team?
Speaker 2: It sounds like one of those second tier.
Speaker 1: Soccer league teams.
Speaker 2: Does sound like a single a baseball team, doesn't It in the middle of Oklahoma?
Speaker 1: And you get their gear because it's really cool.
Speaker 2: There's a plan in Florida to somehow have alligators introduced into prison, into the prison situation, to try to help with keeping people from escaping.
Speaker 1: It's innovative. I say we give it a try.
Speaker 2: Take it outside the box. Right, there're no bad ideas? What else anybody else have an idea? Mots filled with hungry gators? Yeah, so that's a good any of that. In New Orleans, we're staying in jail's, you know, voluntary. So they we haven't mentioned that storing up forever because they're bigger stories, but they they at a total of it, think thirty two people arrested that were involved in helping those dudes escape.
Speaker 1: In New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Thirty two people that were willing to help people escape at that prison.
Speaker 1: What is your hiring process? Thirty two?
Speaker 2: I think a lot of those people were outside people eighty in a betting, not inside the prison, but there were a handful inside Waite A few yes, yeah, what is your hiring process? One should be too many? Having a half a dozen or a dozen seems like a lot. There are parts of the country that absolutely answer to their own stereotypes, do you know what I mean? A little fast in lisis a little good old boy, a little mobbed up, a little Yeah.
Speaker 1: Here's the most interesting thing I've heard today.
Speaker 2: You go poll that just came out with a very clear question, should the United States get involved in helping Israel attack Iran?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is sixteen percent, one six whil not a lot makes me wonder if I'm way off base.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not going to change my opinion based on the pole.
Speaker 2: But if I'm way off base and how many people are listening and thinking you're right, Jack, as opposed to everybody practically.
Speaker 1: Saying what the hell are you talking about? I don't know.
Speaker 2: The obvious follow up to that is, if you were to reword the question, are you would you support the US getting involved? As you just said, if it's limited to a very small number of critical air strikes. I think a better quow would that number? I think the best question, because I keep bringing you back to this, do you think it's okay to let Iran get a nuclear weapon?
Speaker 1: Because if it's no, then okay, how you gonna stop it? You gotta do some unpleasant things, right, I assume most people would say no. Maybe I'm wrong on that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I come across a fair number of folks who ask, and it's a perfectly reasonable question, Well, if Pakistan has a nuke in North Korea has a nuke, I mean, why is everybody getting so up in arms about Iran? I think it's horrible that Pakistan and North Korea have a nuke. I would agree, and there are significant differences. That doesn't mean it's a bad question, but it's a question in a lot of people's minds. You married a crazy person before it got divorced. What's the problem with marying another.
Speaker 1: Crazy person getting divorced.
Speaker 2: It seems like to me, I mean, you don't want another bad outcome. Right, You're in business now with two thieving murderers. Let's add another thieving murderer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Perhaps, even the way that question was worried, I thought sixteen percent, that's not very many people. Although, yeah, it's it's prejudicial in its vagueness, because it it almost implies in its vagueness that it is an unlimited a door has opened to an unlimited level of involvement.
Speaker 1: Well, people are going with their past experience of Iraq and Afghanistan that Afghanistan was twenty years, Iraq was nine years, nothing to show for it. Some people would argue.
Speaker 2: That, I know, if Dictane you or he did, the world is better with Sadam Mussein gone, he would say, which is probably true, but I'm not sure it's significantly different than what we got now in terms of help in the United States. Certainly, Afghanistan was like, what do we get for twenty years of that? So if that the hangover that people have gotten that's where it's coming from, I think right, But again to not make it clear that the idea, and like the unanimous idea, is very limited involvement. No nation building, no boots on the ground, no mass invasion, No we take over their infrastrution, nothing like, none of it. Again, I'm pro attacking Iran and stopping them from getting of the bomb. But my pushback on that would be they said no nation building. At the beginning of Iraq they said no, you know, so mission creep, you know, look it up right, and or.
Speaker 1: Just overtly being misled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting to hangovers from previous wars or how reticent we all are to get things. I'm continuing to take in a lot of information about World War Two. Great podcast with Lex Friedman the other day with Tom Holland, fantastic historian who's got an amazing podcast. If you're a World War two geek, you got to listen to his podcast. I mean it is a deep, deep dive and just put together so well. He walks the battlefields and talks about But anyway, there are no other podcasts. Is inaccurate? The do you watch TV shows where they promote other TV shows. No, that would be insane. Only the maniac would do that on his own show. Stop it late in nineteen thirty eight. I don't know how good you are in your World War two history, but a late nineteen thirty eight Hitler had already started invading various places he wasn't supposed to invade.
Speaker 1: It was still a year before he goes.
Speaker 2: He goes into Poland, I guess, but he was already starting to He was already eating up chunks of land, very similar to what Russia. Russia has been doing around Ukraine for years with no pushback from the world.
Speaker 1: And polling in.
Speaker 2: Great Britain was ninety two percent of people were against getting militarily involved in stopping Hitler.
Speaker 1: Ninety two percent.
Speaker 2: Right, you wonder why you were going, Well, he was going with appeasement. Ninety two percent of his country didn't want to do anything because of the hangover of World War One of we're not getting involved in that ever again, sure Iraq Afghanistan hangover. And it's also universally recognized that if the Allies had moved on Hitler in thirty eight, when he made it infinitely clear what he was up to, he was so weak and is a military was so weak they could have they could have ended it right then and there, But so go the tides of history. Well, he fooled people to a great extent. Here's a World War II story, and then I will stop. Then, oh no, this is great. Then I'll move on to the Roman Empire. I don't think I'd ever heard this story before, or I have the advantage of being old, so stories are new to me every.
Speaker 1: Time I hear them, because I forget them, like I'm Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Hitler was showing off the Luftwaffa, his air force, his new planes to some French people, so to try to show the French how strong they were. This is when everybody was still friendly enough, right, and he only had a handful of planes, so they would go to an airstrip. He would show the representative from France they're fancy new planes and the airstrip and everything like that, and these are the best planes that ever been made in the world, which was true at the time and very scary for the rest of the world. And he said, well, we'll drive over to the outher the airfield I see show you some more of them, and then get in the car and they'd drive on the way to the airfield. Those planes would get up, flyer on, come in land on that other airfield. They would go to that airfield, say here's our fancy planes. We have thousands of them. Put on a fake mustache, just the same And it was just the same planes over and over again. Which is a good Which is a good trick. Yeah, it's like the Marx brothers running and it worked anyway. I don't know, sixteen percent of low number, No matter how you word it, youd think you'd get up a little higher than that. Yeah, so Trump might be seeing those polls. Maybe that's why he's he's slowing down and hesitating and how that's landing in Israel.
Speaker 1: Have no idea.
Speaker 2: Well, the poll numbers about some of the immigration enforcement aren't too onspiring either. There is not a will among the American people for widespread roundups of non lawbreakers.
Speaker 1: Then change the law.
Speaker 2: Immigrants then pushed to exactly put it, No, you're a hundred. The Armstrong doctrine will be recognized by historians as the correct path. It will also be recognized as the path we did not take.
Speaker 1: Right. We should start the show.
Speaker 2: Officially, and we do need to get to alligator Alcatraz because that is a fantastic idea. Whoever raised their hand at the meeting and said, Mary, I don't we put alligators in the prisons. That guy needs to start his own parking spot, because that is a really good idea.
Speaker 1: I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this.
Speaker 2: It is Friday, June twentieth, the year twenty twenty five. We are armstrong in getting Tomorrow's the longest day of the year, and they start getting shorter again. That's a that's a half glasses half empty attitude, isn't it. We're armstrong in getting we approve of this program. Let's begin then officially according to FCC rules and regulations, leaping into action at mark, I have.
Speaker 3: A message directly from the President, and I quote, based on the fact that there's a substantial chance of negotiations that may or may not take place with Iran in the near future, I will make my decision whether or not to go within the next two weeks.
Speaker 1: Two weeks I.
Speaker 2: Think a lot of us were thinking we were hours away from the bunker Busters falling from the sky and getting getting exciting, and two weeks is pretty shocking. I wonder how shocking it was to beb net and Yahoo who is presiding over a country that is running out of missile defense as Iran continues to shoot at them and got another one through last.
Speaker 1: Night and blew up a building. So two weeks might seem like a long time to him.
Speaker 2: Super duper extra shocking. That's how shocking it is that. Yeah, they are spending a horrific amount of money every single day too, So yeah, I'm sure he's not pleased with that. Could be a faint by Trump, who knows, by the way misinformation and disinformation from Jack Armstrong. Today is the longest day of the year. It's National Pessimism Day. Today, it's the darkest day.
Speaker 1: Yeah whatever, Yeah whatever. I had another point about the putten off for two weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, obviously, saying two weeks from now if you're planning to attack today is.
Speaker 1: A great idea.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right, I mean that's a really good idea. Say, okay, unwad your beard. We got a little time here. Well was it a week ago? He's like, hey, yeah, see you Tuesday for them those talks really looking forward to that, will meet you. Then you have.
Speaker 1: Tuesday for the talks. That'll be great. And then Israel brought the thunder. Yeah, with Trump's knowledge and thumbs up. I got more on that. We'll get to that later.
Speaker 2: And we got Katie's headlines on the way clips of the week today. Oh my gosh, it's a fun Friday.
Speaker 1: Stay here.
Speaker 2: My son and I are going to the Dodgers game tonight. Seventy two degrees. First pitch, that sounds pretty nice. Perfect, Oh wow, spectacular. Three chilly dogs in me by then, maybe a milkshake. I'll be growing. Oh why did what you do that to yourself? Coming up next segment, I think we're gonna do this. It's a three way dumbest take of the week off three candidates for the single stupidest things said this week, and it's gonna be a tough choice.
Speaker 1: We'll need your help, stay with us.
Speaker 2: We got clips of the week also, so we got a lot to fit in. Oh goodness sakes, Yeah, I don't know. Well, we'll make it all work. Let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 4: Katie starting with NBC neighborhoods empty out as Israel and Iran exchange attacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like all those people who left Tehran in that giant traffic jam that we all saw that looked like the Bay Area on a Friday at three o'clock, are they going to come back? I mean, you can't just stay away from home for two weeks, Kenyon, you know that's such a funny comparison. I mean in Iranian newspapers, do they have pictures of people, you know, who.
Speaker 1: Just stacked up?
Speaker 2: Americans flee Los Angeles as the threat grows.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just Friday traffic from Fox News.
Speaker 4: Trump scores major win against a Newsome in battle for National Guard control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he obviously, I mean, that's one of the things he obviously has the ability to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the fact that a San Francisco hippie.
Speaker 2: District court U hippie judge, yeah, stepped in and just screwed this all up with his idiotic ruling that wasn't gonna last for five minutes.
Speaker 1: In front of the appeels court. Well, that's why we have appeals courts from the Washington Post.
Speaker 4: LA Dodgers block federal agents from setting up in stadium parking lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there is some egging on going on.
Speaker 2: I hope this doesn't happen tonight at the Dodgers game, of trying to get a boycott going since forty percent of the Dodger fan bases Hispanic, and they're trying to get some sort of push of a boycott of the going to games to force pressure on something.
Speaker 1: So we'll see.
Speaker 2: Wow, the Dodgers are like, we're not a branch of the government. Yeah.
Speaker 1: ABC.
Speaker 4: Sherry Peppini claims ex boyfriend abducted her in twenty sixteen hoax kidnapping case.
Speaker 1: What okay, Well this is new.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's just no, no, she no, she doesn't get the first Amendment anymore. Well, did she realize just be quiet? Did she realize everything was over? They did the special and everything was over.
Speaker 1: She'd done her interview. Now nobody cares and she has to make up new stories. Now what a crack pot?
Speaker 4: From the New York Post, shocking audio reveals Cassie threatening to kill a man over a video of.
Speaker 1: A Diddy freak off. So are we into the tearing apart the witnesses stage of this track?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, So if I was putting on its case or what there is this cross examination? I've totally lost track. So they're trying to claim to make it look like she's violent in the nutty too.
Speaker 1: Okay, isn't the defense.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, study fines one and three Americans admit they wake up exhausted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wake up exhausted.
Speaker 2: I've woken up well rested maybe once in my life. But I'm just giving myself the.
Speaker 1: Benefit of the doubt. I don't actually remember it.
Speaker 2: Oh. I spring out of pad with a song in my heart and a twinkle in my eye.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I get up in the morning, my eyes open. I take a day another one of these good lord.
Speaker 1: From the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 4: Want a better relationship with your teen children, Yes, exercise with them.
Speaker 1: I do my thirteen year old, and I go to the gym every single day. That's cool. Yeah, it does help.
Speaker 2: But I've noticed he's been gone this week on his boy scout trip, and the walk into the gym by myself is pretty lonely.
Speaker 4: I I'm at thirty six.
Speaker 1: I still work out with my dad. Cool.
Speaker 4: And finally, the Babylon be technical foul WNBA players use Caitlin Clark's.
Speaker 1: Head as the ball. What Yeah, that league needs to decide how they want to handle their best player that gets them the most attention. The NBA changed the rules for.
Speaker 2: Michael Jordan because they thought, look what we got on our hands. They ought to do that in the WNBA. Well, I have it on good authority. She eggs players on and has it coming. Yeah great, great, go ahead, destroy your best player and see you go back to her relevancy.
Speaker 1: Enjoy that, Armstrong and Getty. Why do old people have a particular smell? Science knows? Was anybody asking that question? Old people smell don't come from Come on.
Speaker 2: Also, I must apologize. I said we would do the dumbest take of the week here. I had forgotten we have clips of the week. It was a hasty and ill advised promotional announcement, and I take full responsibility. We will kick off next hour with said featurette.
Speaker 1: And it's gonna be good. All three of the dumb dumb taps deserve conversation.
Speaker 2: Tough to pick a winner, that's right. But first, it is indeed time for the Friday tradition.
Speaker 1: Let's take a fun look back at the week. It was. It's cow Clips of the Week, City, Wheezy Feeline Way, I'm flying it. I just called it. I think a Sueezy Feline the works of the week. You're in Washington.
Speaker 2: It was a celebration officially to mark the Army's two hundred and fiftieth anniversary. Authority say, a suspected gunman impersonating a police officer targeted two Democratic lawmakers.
Speaker 4: The Supreme Court's conservative majority upholding Tennessee's ban on some gender affirming medical care.
Speaker 1: But lorn the Panthers part back to back, stayed like doc champions. Then I tried Popperman. Our prescription helps your body secrete a special pheromone that attracts puppies.
Speaker 2: And each town contains trace DNA from Ozzy's saliva as well as his hand.
Speaker 1: In signy chat, the IC continues to monitor closely if Tehran decides to reauthorize its nuclear weapons program. Paso yegoborsted.
Speaker 4: Pilots over the skies of Tehran will deal blows to the Iteota regime that they cannot even imagine.
Speaker 2: You're going to see some surprises that will make the beeper almost seem simple. He Israel identified a window to kill Ayatola Ali Hamoni. The president says, we know exactly where the so called supreme leader is hiding he is an easy target.
Speaker 3: Very simple words, a very simple unconditional surrender.
Speaker 2: Auran Supreme Leader has said unconditional surrender is effectively out of the question, and.
Speaker 4: It is a generational moment, and I think we've got to take advantage of it in the United States right now.
Speaker 1: You and I may do it. I may not do it. I mean, nobody knows what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: But it's also going to end, I believe Trump's presidency and effectively end it.
Speaker 1: Why are we so afraid of them? Why are the biggest threat of They're a weak country that's on his knees.
Speaker 2: Because they're trying trying to keep track, they're trying to develop.
Speaker 1: Be a little less snarky. I know you're right, that is a problem that I have. I'm sorry when you come to America, your guest and you have to behave like a guest and its handcuffed and march down a hallway repeatedly asking why am I being detained? Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Speaker 2: Oh my uh, that deserves a full play. The Senator Alex Padilla barely holding back the tails as he describes the nightmare of being wrestled to the ground just because he charged shouting at Christy Nome and then three secs later he is fine, but he's trying to make himself into a martyr. Hilarious Selby, we never made, sir. We didn't ever play the clip of Arnold Schwarzenegger on The View, saying it was on the clips of the week. There though, when you come to this country as an immigrant, you're a guest and you need to behave and everybody in the View looking at him wide eyed, Well, you're not supposed to say that.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to talk about how Trump's hitler?
Speaker 2: Who watches those hags who question? I want to know the numbers and I want to see the demographics that that.
Speaker 1: Needs to be a pejorative term somehow.
Speaker 2: Daytime TV watchers people who watch The View or Judge Judy or whatever your life is that you're.
Speaker 1: Watching network television during the day. It's always been a.
Speaker 2: Certain crowd, but especially now with all the other options out there, you're still watching what the three big channels have for you. Oh my god, you're a certain sort of person. Wow, well, your cruelty knows no bounds. You're probably an idiot. I feel sorry for those people. I feel no need tod like come up with new pejorative terms. I do put them in a chance sad certainly, don't let them vote, wow, deny them the vote. I do enjoy a good Judge show now and again. I used to get my haircut at a place there. That was all they had on during the afternoon when i'd go is Judge shows. And that's the only time I'm gonna sit still for a half hour washing key in that whole phrases now and again. Sure, I could find myself in a situation where I could kill some time watching a Judge show, perhaps, But who's tuning into these every day? How is your life? And then again, you're still watching network TV. That's your thing?
Speaker 1: All right? Okay, fine, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We mentioned the other day that May, this past May was the dawn of the age of streaming dominance. More Americans watched TV streamed, then cable and broadcast combined. My kids haven't got the slightest concept of like ABCNBCCBS not they They wouldn't know those letters. So you don't make them go and hold on to the aerial during the fourth quarter of the basketball game to make sure the reception is good.
Speaker 1: Oh, an old timey reference, folks, some of you got it. There's another clip in there. I want to do reference.
Speaker 2: Oh, just on the whole Trump delaying for two weeks, do you think there's any chance? Do you think he's just being deliberate or do you think he's getting cold feet thinking maybe he doesn't want to get involved in something that could spin out of control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough to separate those two things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think it's a combination of those things. Honestly, two weeks is there's no need for that. I can't imagine what will happ been in the next two weeks that would further clarify the decision. Well, that seems like you're delaying it to me, unless he actually thinks the iotola might come correct. I have a possible explanation for that that I heard this morning. Okay, but first, this reporting I think from I remember who was from one of your news outlets, and.
Speaker 1: It's either true or not. Trump continues to make decisions.
Speaker 2: With only a small handful of officials within the White House. This is the group that he's got with him discussing this stuff. He'll notice some names missing, including one prominent the group that he's sitting with every day Vice President j D.
Speaker 1: Vance.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what Jade Vance's take is on this, do you I haven't heard him. I mean, he's probably you know, going along with his boss.
Speaker 1: But you think he had that statement he made on Twitter the other day was pretty much the President has earned our trust on this. We have to trust his judgment. Do you think if he was president we wouldn't be doing this? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Jamie is a slippery character. He's putting it and in a real maneuver. It reminds me a little of Josh Hawley. Trump is meeting with JD. Chief of Staff Susie Wiles, who he obviously really trusts Deputy Chief of Staff Stephen Miller, who's probably just saying, as long as there are no illegal immigrants in Iran, that's all I care about. He's meeting with Marco Rubio, who's both the Secretary of State and the acting National Security Advisor, as we all know.
Speaker 1: And that's it.
Speaker 2: A couple of names not there, Tulsey Gabbard, you're d and I okay, that one is defendable, as we were talking about yesterday. But no Pete Hegseeth's Secretary of Defense. The second Deaf is not involved in the biggest military action of the last quarter century.
Speaker 1: What's adam Hm, I'm surprised to hear that. My guess would be.
Speaker 2: He feels like the people from the Pentagon are the when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail crowd, and they're always pushing you to go to war.
Speaker 1: He might, But that's what I'll bet Trump thinks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And you could make the argument that it's because I would say this is the most pivotal military decision in the last twenty five years as opposed to biggest. And I'm not just quibbling, it's that it's if indeed we can limit it to a couple of bunker buster strikes, there's no need to get a lot more information on the logistics of it. He has that, well, it'd be still it's surprising the sec Deaf isn't it's going.
Speaker 1: To war with Iran. What's bigger than going to war with Iran the last fish century? I mean, that's by definition going to war with Iran?
Speaker 2: Right, sure, I don't know if you have any guess why the Secretary of Defense wouldn't be in the meetings, you know, let me go. But here's the pushback on your why would you wait two weeks? Because I wondered that too. I was watching General Wesley Clark on News Nation this morning. I don't know if you remember him. Is a half a crack pot when he tried to run for president as a Democrat many cycles ago. But he was the commander of the Allied forces during the whole Kosovo thing, so he knows something about what he's talking about with regime change and that sort of stuff. And he said it took weeks for us to punish Belosovich enough before he finally realized, I'm going to lose everything, including my life and my family if I don't come to the negotiating table.
Speaker 1: And Wesley Clark thinks that might be.
Speaker 2: What's going on here is that Iran is just Israel is going to continue to because they did overnight. They took out a whole bunch more stuff last night. They took out the factories that make the rockets, for instance, the Israel's going to continue to punish Iran, and that it might take weeks to get the mullus to realize, Okay, this is definitely not working. Yes, they have fewer and fewer options on the table. I could see that. But it sure looks like Israel's starting to get punished a little too. And at least The Wall Street Journal reported earlier in the week that Israel's running out of defense.
Speaker 1: And they're spending up to two hundred million dollars a day. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not to mention something like four hundred million in counting in repairs and reconstruction costs just from the missile strikes that have gotten through. So you know they don't have an un they don't have an unlimited time. Well right, but if you run out of your air defense capability, who things would change fast?
Speaker 1: Oh sure? Yeah? When those hundred look like yeah, when those hundred and fifty Iranian drones are headed toward Tel Aviv, then you can't shoot them down. Maybe then weekend because we got the assets in the area. I don't know some of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Or does Israel go with massive deterrence probably, not a mushroom cloud, probably, but like massive massive attacks on Tehran?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and go it alone because they don't want to wait two weeks. Who knows?
Speaker 2: We got mail bag on the way and then as Joe mentioned, this is one of the best things.
Speaker 1: I don't remember the last time. Is this excited?
Speaker 2: Three of the stupidest things that have ever been said in one segment that all happened in.
Speaker 1: The last twenty four hours. We have those to kick off hour two. That'll be fun. Oh I got a new one of these.
Speaker 2: So I got a picture of Gavin Newsom at a swanky wine event in Napa Valley while the riots in the way, moos, burning and everything were at their very height. He love it hanging around drinking wine and eating fancy foods.
Speaker 1: He laughed. I laughed. More on that later.
Speaker 2: Here is your freedom loving quote of the day. I've got to verify I'm a humans human yesterday when I was on your page.
Speaker 1: You idiots, oh are you?
Speaker 2: This one is controversial, I may be ai poorly constructed. Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith, Alexis de Tokville. That's an ongoing debate question in libertarian conservative circles. Share to have morality without faith. I think you can. It's just a bit of a different beast, but that is a thick discussion for another day. You certainly can and individduals and individuals. You can have plenty of morality being a hardcore atheist, but can you culturally wide scale? I don't know, it's never been done before as it oh, not successfully. I don't think. I'm sure historians will contradict us, but that would we would all learn something so contradict away Friends, mail Bag, perhaps you can contradict us at mail bag at our strong in Getty dot com.
Speaker 1: That is our email address.
Speaker 2: John from Kansas yearns for a more lighthearted show like that of Yesteryear, the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 1: He includes some examples, very amusing. John from Kansas.
Speaker 2: We're aware, we are aware, Toms we're living in.
Speaker 1: We aren't a war footing.
Speaker 2: Moving along Airin from beautiful North Carolina Rights Jack, Joe. I keep hearing that Trump is gonna bomb fro To. What is Froto doing in Iran? He's done so much for Middle Earth. Don't bomb Frodo. Oh my god, but you gotta look everywhere for the wren.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: In a similar vein, Mike rights and he uses a rather explicit, well somewhat explicit reference to the act of love. Whether limited airstrike is uh a realistic estimate of how much involvement we would have in attacking Iran, his summary being if you're in, you're in you and it is you, and I answered, actually, yeah, both actions do have a history of escalation. Even if you plan on limited involvement, wow, or entry as it were, if you if you go that far in your plan is limited involvement?
Speaker 1: What kind of plan was that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know that you plan. Are we on the act of love or bombing Iran? The act of love? How do you get the matter? My plan is limited involvement? Well, I'm good.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? You're often the plea is made, or occasionally I will only mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well are we Are we nineteen in this scenario?
Speaker 2: Well, you're in that scenario. In this scenario, the age is immaterial.
Speaker 1: Well, how would you ever have the situation is like grown ups? Though?
Speaker 2: I know, I know, Well you wouldn't think Katie's staying out of this conversation completely?
Speaker 1: Ok? Why probably should? Oh? Yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: True of the millennial rights truck or Tom It's not actually Tom, but that that'll do. Whose email we read overtly anti Semite and woe right and the rest of.
Speaker 1: It illustrates the woke right phrase very well.
Speaker 2: They have so much contempt for the people opposite them politically, but don't realize how similar they are with the woke left. It's funny to watch. Among many other characteristics is the circular reasoning of argumentation. I'm willing to bet that he has already responded with something like see the Zionists call any criticism of them anti semitic to suppress any scrutiny. It's the same circular reasoning. What's a racist? Someone who does racist things? He'll claim he's the victim of Zionis depression of thought, claim he'll be trd for anti Semitism, for any questioning of Israel Judaism, then say something flagrantly anti Semitic, and when the obvious bigotry has pointed out, he'll claim that proves his point. To Ryan Long, Woke versus Racist video one of the best bits of political parody I've ever seen. All of these people need to hang out together, develop some self awareness. I believe Ryan Long's Woke Versus Racist belongs in the pantheon of the greatest humor.
Speaker 1: Soaked editorials in American history. Sure, it's like Samuel Johnson or any of the great thinkers.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's amazing, Mark Twain, Hunter Thompson. I think he moved millions of minds with that video.
Speaker 1: Ryan, we salute you.
Speaker 2: This from Chris in Spirit Lake, Idaho. I've never been to Spirit Lake, but it sounds fantastic. Oh yeah, Anyway, he says, I'm very skeptical of AI.
Speaker 1: It looks like more of a parlor trick than anything.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, in the third segment of Ang on Demand, Jack asked GPT about the origins of the phrase when the a s hits the fan chat, GPT spat out a response dating the earliest sited source of the phrase roops from the nineteen thirty nine novel Sing the Blues by Hal Adobe. I went to look into said novel and discovered it doesn't exist really really hallucination. Maybe I haven't looked at up myself, but that's what Chris claims. I'll look into that because that'd be fascinating. I know it's a The hallucination is a real problem, and some other good ones coming up. Nobody knows why AI does that either or if they can stop it from doing that. If you miss a segment gets the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty