Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: This ain't the little itty bitty teeny tiny Bowl, this is Super Bowl fifty nine. Get in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of Super Bowl fifty nine. Scoreding touchdown is key to hoisting best Lombardi Trophy, and you have a shot to score big by betting on them at Draft Kings Sportsbook, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something simple like a player to scored six. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bet. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app. Use code Money Moves. That's code Money Moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus best instantly when you bet just five bucks only on Draft King Sportsbook.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred Gambler dot NAT. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Woostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boys on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister Boosmobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boost Mobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or you're there's boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas.
Speaker 3: All right, check this out on show.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for your favorite segment Rough Draft best NFL house calls, brought to you by Holmes dot Com from a sleek ad free designs, comprehensive agent directory and most in depth neighborhood content of any shopping site, homes dot com. If the right home shopping should be so, Tonight's Roughdraft, we're going to talk about the best house calls of the season, presented by Holmes dot Com.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take Saquon Barkley in the snow, in the in the divisional.
Speaker 3: That's one for me. M hm mm hmmm mm hmm. Yeah. We need to call Michelle and ask up true shape, who'd you pick? I picked Saquan. It ain't up there? Okay, are we going? Okay? My friend? Actually no.
Speaker 2: The first one was Bill's first quarter first and ten on the ravens Lamar Jackson under center, takes the snap, hands the ball up to Deck Henry, who goes eighty seven yards for.
Speaker 3: The touchdown to start the NFL season. Is that up there? Damn graphics? All right, graphics, y'all know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get upset, So I say, calm down, Shannon, don't trick yourself out of this position.
Speaker 3: If oh there are no graphics, what dang how they gonna see up front of there? All right? Go ahead, O Joe you first, you.
Speaker 5: Next, Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 6: I got Lamar.
Speaker 3: I just say said, say, come on, make up your mind.
Speaker 6: I picked Lamar.
Speaker 3: You got Joys up there, Isaiah likely.
Speaker 7: Whinny Jukes, not one but two defenders fourty forty nine yard touchdown okay.
Speaker 3: Minus. Week five Broncos Raider, second quarter, first and goal.
Speaker 2: Gardner Minshew takes the snap, rolls to his left, throws the ball pick by defensive player of the Year Patrick's Aertain ninety nine yards to the house reservation for six Please no man.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 7: Week six, Chie's forty nine ers In the fourth quarter, fourth and goal Pat Mahomes and the quarterback drow takes the ball at the middle of hits the truck stick on Malik Mustafa for the one yard TD okay.
Speaker 2: Week eight, Calvin Austin the third electrifier electrifies the field. The Steelers Speach takes a putt seventy three yards to the house, weaving through the Giants defense draw dropping touchdown. Calvin Austin, No, absolutely not go ahead.
Speaker 3: We ate Commander's Bears.
Speaker 7: Fourth quarter, with time expiring, James Daniels scrambles and throws hail Mary pass for fifty yards, deflected in court by Noel Brown for the win.
Speaker 3: Are you lost?
Speaker 6: You lost?
Speaker 3: You just off that NFC Divisional Round?
Speaker 2: This one, fourth quarter Eagles on twenty two, Saint Kwon Barkler takes the handoff out of the shotgun, breaks free, runs left seventy eight yards for the touchdown.
Speaker 3: When that happened, what the hell you mean you didn't You didn't watch that game against the Round. I ain't see that game. I ain't see that game. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 7: Hold On Week thirteen, Seahawks Jets, second quarter, thirty eight on the Seahawks ten devs.
Speaker 3: The tackle letter wins picks off Aaron. Are you you know what? I don't even say last name? I just I said, are you saying that? Look at your brother right there?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 3: What they do Hall of Famer? H when they do Hall of Famer. Where Jordan going.
Speaker 9: May y'all clap it up, may re start the sharp man.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm man both.
Speaker 9: M Maybe what they do a baby?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Oh no, ye get back you were Yes, he's bad, he's bad. Oh, thank you very much. It's been a long day and even longer trying to get here from over there. But thank you for staying. Hopefully we can get you out of here shortly because I got to get up early in the morning again. But uh, a tremendous day.
Speaker 3: It's Uh.
Speaker 1: It's an honor and a pleasure to follow that guy for for a change, and uh and being the first brothers inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: It was out. Don't you cry up, Hire, don't do that.
Speaker 9: I want to know you have to tell me, tell the people out here.
Speaker 7: Understanding and knowing all you've been through. We all come from what it took to make it to the NFL, the struggles, having to lead a game early.
Speaker 3: What this night needs to you.
Speaker 1: It's it's kind of interesting, coach, because I never wanted to be in the Hall of Fame. I never expected to be in the Hall of Fame. This is not something I asked for. This is not something I wish for. This is not something I prayed for, because when I left the game, the only thing anybody ever talked about is what.
Speaker 6: I didn't do.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: I am. I'm okay with what I put on film, I'm okay with that. But so I never had any expectations. This is not like Christmas to where you know, you want a skateboard or you want a bike, or you want to compair Jordan's.
Speaker 3: This isn't like that.
Speaker 1: So for me today is kind of interestingly surreal because I didn't want this. This is not something I wished on myself. But you know, being there and seeing my friends that are in the Hall of Fame that were more excited than seemed like I am right now, but they were genuinely happy. My good friend Tara Loewens, I hope I'm not. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by putting Tarot's business in the street.
Speaker 3: But Teo cropped.
Speaker 1: Teo and I go way way way back to the before he even got the league, and he was so happy for me that that he and I had had about a good forty five second moment to where we just kind of we kind of got wrapped up in each other and the history and the time and all that. So it's it's been a really good day, oach. But let me tell you, I haven't gotten there yet. It's gonna it's gonna take a little more time to get there. Yeah, congratulations, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 10: And I know.
Speaker 1: They's been a long time since she's seen that guy speaking so much.
Speaker 8: You know, his little brother loves you, man, Yes he does.
Speaker 3: When he talks about you, he talks.
Speaker 8: About the man that the only man that he's ever hoped to be to measure up to because he knows he couldn't do it. And anybody that knows you, and anybody that knows him knows how he feels about you me personally. You know how much love I've always had for you. To get some tissue, man, We need some tissue up here. For those of you who might be too young to remember. We religiously talk about Jerry Rice being the greatest receiver in NFL history. Those who know football before too, before Randy Moss, we would all mention him because he was that sensational of a wide receiver. He was big time, and so to them, watch you transition into the business before your brother did.
Speaker 3: He did a hell of a job talking the.
Speaker 8: Game of football, teaching the game of football, working with cats in the industry is showing us the way as well. And had that pedig There's so many people that followed that played in the NFL and now doing television. You were doing it before most and you were doing exceptionally well. And so for me to see you have this day is well deserved and I'm just happy for you. It's long overdue, but it's here. Congratulations, congratulationious.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is why I get so emotional, and people ask why, I say, because I had GPS to get to where I'm going, Because I had to follow him. You see, he did what he did with no navigational system. He had no map quests, he had no Google, he had no instructional manual. I had all of that because I got to walk in his footsteps. A lot of what I learned, almost everything that I learned, I learned from him. My grandfather was very very hard on my brother, and I didn't understand why until my grandmother said, Barney, why are you so hard on Spanky? That's what nick call We call him he said, Mary, everything that little one is going to learn, he's going to learn it from him.
Speaker 3: Mhm.
Speaker 2: It's his job, because we're not gonna be around Mary Long. It's his job to teach him how to be a man. It's his job to teach him right and wrong. He's gonna follow everything that he.
Speaker 10: Does because that's what he sees all the time.
Speaker 3: For my brother.
Speaker 10: To do what he's done with no guidance, with no instruction manual, to get to where he got, to.
Speaker 2: Get me to where I got. You guys have heard me say, the only man I've ever wanted to be was him. He was he, he was my role model. He taught me to shoot a basketball, he taught me to throw a football, he taught me how to catch, he taught me how to tie my shoes. I'm not the man that's sitting before you today. I watched everything that he did. I hung on everything that he said. And then you heard me tell the story that he's only three years older than I, but he's more like my father. My sister's eight years older. She's more like my mother. Because everything that they did was what a mother and a father would do for a child.
Speaker 3: I'm not here. I'm not the man that I am. I'm not the person that I am. I'm not the friend that I am. I'm not the father that I am.
Speaker 10: Without seeing how he did things he's.
Speaker 3: We're brothers.
Speaker 2: Were a lot of light, but we're very different because I've always had to fight. Everything came so easy to him. I was so small. They called me p we and I just I could never understood. I never understood why I couldn't beat him in certain things. He was always prouder for things that I did as opposed to what he accomplished.
Speaker 10: He was much more.
Speaker 2: Happy when I got drafted that he did. He wouldn't first pick in the seventh round. I mean first the seventh pick in the first round. I went to seventh round, one ninety two. He was so exciting. He would just call and say.
Speaker 3: I mean he just mad.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't know what this moment means, not just to our family. My mom is going to be extremely excited. I'm extremely excited. Our high school coach who coached my mom, who also coached he and I.
Speaker 3: Well, this is.
Speaker 2: And God heard prayers. I didn't even know he was missening to. There will be a time that you and I have a conversation. We'll talk mapping everything out, guests that you want to bring, and the party and the entertainment that you want. Bro, I said it before. We'll give every diet, take myself out of the hall just for you to be in. I measured my life in summers. I don't say years, say figure I pretty got hopefully pretty healthy. I got twenty twenty summers left. I'm good now, I'm good. Understand I love you. There's only two many guys I've ever told that I love my son, my brother. It was so hard to keep this a secret. Stephen there when I got the call and I had to get him to come to my home, and they wanted to go do it in Glenville. I said, Bro, I hadn't been to Glenville in thirteen years. He gonna know something up if I tell him to come down there so that I can lord him to the house. Still, he hadn't seen me in my home in six years. So if I call and I tell him to meet me somewhere, he's gonna think something wrong. Like bro up, Bro, He's like, what's what's up? I said, Man, just come to the house, and like, I'm in town. He's like you all right. I said, yeah, Bro, I'm good, I'm good. I just you know I'm in town and you know you close by. And he had surgery on his eye. He had a detached retina. He had a bubble place that his I almost lost the vision in design about three months ago and said he had some some blurred vision in design. And he went to the doctor and the doctor said, we got to perform surgery. They couldn't perform surgery that afternoon because he had already eaten, so they got him in the next morning. So that's what we've been dealing with. Had a lot on my plate dealing with that because I worry. I'm the warrior of the family. I think that's my responsibility now. But Bro, I'm so happy. I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 6: I'm getting it.
Speaker 3: I'm getting there.
Speaker 1: It's it's hard to explain because you don't want to put your emotions on someone else, but you know, and I think that the easiest way to explain it is we've all experienced. I think Christmas, you have a list and you're hoping that you could get two, three, or four of those things.
Speaker 3: I never wished for this.
Speaker 1: I never wanted this, and I said it tonight out loud for the first time, and the reporter was like, what do you mean you never I'm like, man, you don't understand. I only wanted to do one thing, and that was play. I didn't want to be an All pro or a pro bowler or all that. I just wanted to play. And I got to do that for seven years and I'm good. And then the Hall of Fame comes around and they're like, okay, you've been out five years. You know Sterling Sharp is on the list of twenty five. You know it would be he would be a shoe in. Yeah, he played longer, but they never talked about what I did. And I was like, if it wasn't enough, wasn't enough. I'm okay with that. I slept real good before I found out I was going to the Hall of Fame, and I slept good after finding out. But but I really didn't have any any aspirations on wanting this. It is a tremendous honor. I know exactly what that means. I went through it with him, and that was the greatest athletic achievement of my entire life, was going on that journey with him.
Speaker 3: Through the Hall of Fame. Me going in will not exceed when he went in. It won't do it. It's not gonna come close.
Speaker 1: That was probably the happiest I'd ever been because I knew where he came from, going to Savannah State a college.
Speaker 3: He said he wasn't gonna.
Speaker 1: Go one of the times that I told him what he was going to do, so I knew how hard he fought. And I mean, there's not a lot of opportunities for us in sports to where I know what stephen A's journey was like to get here, or I know what Chad's journey was like to get here. I know what his journey was like, and all my prayers were for him. I'll embarrass him about one story. I paid all his bills he was in the NFL. I paid all his bills until my daughter was born, because that was mine, because I wanted him to always have better than what I had. He had a Mercedes before I did. He couldn't afford one, but he was driving one. And then he wanted to go to a beach part and he drove my new one and wrecked it.
Speaker 3: I junk yard. He junk yard. That's what he said, I junk yard, you carved og.
Speaker 1: Wait what So so you have to understand that that we are we we're brothers, but we are we're one side of the same coin. We'll say different things differently, and we'll do different things differently, but we think alike. And God is truly you know. And I will tell you this story, and I'm gonna be quiet. A guy said to me, if you go into Hall of Fame, are you gonna do like everybody else?
Speaker 3: And thank God?
Speaker 1: Because you think God wanted you to be a Hall of Famer if there.
Speaker 3: Is a God. And I said this, I said, my own brother.
Speaker 1: Stood up and said, if you would have played longer, there's no question in my mind that we would be the first brothers in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That was in twenty eleven. Since he said that, I have not had one catch, I have not gained one yard, and I have not scored one touchdown, and we are the first brothers in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. So you tell me, if there's a guy and I should give him some glory. And so you know, for me, that is what I'm probably most proud of. Is everybody used to say you know, Shannon, stopped trying to be like him. You can't be like him, Shannon. Stop trying to do what he does, Shannon, you can't do it he does. Jam Stop trying to imitate him, Shannon, be your old man, Shannon. I am so happy to say he didn't follow me around. I followed him.
Speaker 2: Class of twenty twenty five Pro Football Hall of Famer Stirling Shark.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 2: And now it was time for the next guest, presented by Holmes dot Com. That's given up in New Orleans own juvenile.
Speaker 3: I think I'm all right.
Speaker 6: I'll see you now, Black Glove.
Speaker 10: John Now, oh you see mony friends, he's grab one.
Speaker 2: Grab homes dot com is a better way to shop for home buying, Julie. Four hundred degrees is a classic that helped the fine Southern Route. Tell me where you became when you come up with these songs, because they're timeless. You come on nine and everybody hit the dance floor. When plus years later after you came out with this, when you hear those the you hear people talk about it. I know when they see you in the airport and they see you on the street, they talk about four hundred degrees yeah, oh man, it's just crazy.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 11: You know, I get some I guess some ill stories sometimes when I bought into people, you know, And one of the main things I get from some of the people, they say, Man, you raised.
Speaker 3: Me, like, man, I don't know your mama.
Speaker 5: Man, yeah, bru, you got me through some hard times, you know.
Speaker 11: And you know, I tell them all the time when I see him, I say, hey, man, I'm glad I could be of service to you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 11: But before hundred degrees for just like just like it is in New Orleans for a lot of people, they say, man, it was an inspiration for me to do something in life.
Speaker 3: So glad to be there for him.
Speaker 7: Listen, Cash Money bro oh, Cash Money Records bro was a powerhouse in the nineties and two thousands.
Speaker 3: Brock, Yeah, we grew up on that. Should you raise me? You know, when I think about it, I'm just I'm just being honest.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 9: What is it like being a part of such a revolutionary label?
Speaker 3: Bro It's crazy, man.
Speaker 11: You know, when we was in the studio making them songs, you know, we didn't see ourselves being I know I didn't. I ain't see ourselfs being you know, around this long twenty plus years, and man, it's one of them situations where you see a little bros popping off. You know, you had your you had your Yo shine and then you see Wayne pop off, you see Beg pop off, and it's like, damn, man, we really we really, you know, we really made it, you know, and and now the city is still showing love.
Speaker 2: Man. Yes, yeah, when you were in the studio, did you know at the time what you guys were doing. Did you think it, like, man, these are classic, These are going to stand the test of time, and probably did you ever think, and that's a two part question, obviously, when you have that and everybody can stand their own, did you think you guys like, damn, we probably ain't gonna be together much longer because we each guy can stand on its own, and yeah, we're doing this together, but this ain't gonna last much longer.
Speaker 11: When we got together, man, you know, you know, Cash Money did an overhaul. They had a lot of artists on the label. And then you know, when I got there at first thing, they told me it's gonna be you.
Speaker 3: You know, it's you, Turk.
Speaker 5: BG and Wayne.
Speaker 11: So when we get when we started hitting them studios and we start making them songs. We had no idea of you know, with the family, you know, what the people with, what the reaction would be.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: But when we started doing them tools and that money start coming in.
Speaker 11: You know, yeah, you know what I'm saying, the cast win a rough out of the tour and stuff like that. Yeah, that that's I started seeing a little, you know, a few things. Then I started saying, well, man, I hope everybody getting paid, right, So I started, you know, I start worrying about my money too.
Speaker 9: So yeah, who are your I got your own?
Speaker 7: Who were your biggest inspirations when you when you were coming up and who inspires you?
Speaker 9: So when you was coming up before you started popping off of y'all, boy, who inspired you?
Speaker 3: Especially from your own culture?
Speaker 5: Good question, man. I listen to everybody.
Speaker 3: I was one of them.
Speaker 11: Cast like to listen to hipop period. But my main influence was was ice Cube. Ice Cube and ice Cube was that guy from me. You know when n W when NWA came out, Gangst the Gangs and everybody from the city could tell you when Gangs the Gangster came out, that changed the way everything in New Orleans, everything I mean and ice Cube was always that dude.
Speaker 3: For me who inspired you right now?
Speaker 9: That's in the game, somebody that you look at and be like, you know what that he'd the one?
Speaker 5: He one of them, man, I got a few of them right now. Is this guy sitting next to you?
Speaker 11: Man, I'm inspired by him the transition, you know, I'm in the transition of my life where I'm getting ready to do a podcast. I'm you know, I'm I see how y'all, I see how you're picking up all these awards, and I'm inspired by that man. And my other inspiration is E forty. You know the way that he took the rap game and started branding itself. I see you with your little portier. I got my yak, I got everybody down here knows I'm branding myself all the time. I got Jeuwvy juice, I got chips, I got papers. You know what I'm saying. I got a few things. And my inspiration right now probably wouldn't be somebody that's in the rap game right now.
Speaker 3: It's hats that that was around back in my day be an entrepreneur. Let me ask you this. Weasy was the youngest. Did you know that he was going to grow up to do what he's become.
Speaker 11: We did, Bro, you listen to Blink Blink you hear Buried Man say in a year two thousand and we ain't gonna tell the game up. That's how we felt. We always knew, you know, Wayne Mom, you know Wayne Mom wouldn't let them curse. So we had to walk that down.
Speaker 3: We had to.
Speaker 11: Like he used to come in there with some songs and like I said, Bro, you can't say that. Bro, The kids like you can't say that. So we knew then some of the stuff he was saying then, like Bro, when you take when we take the cuffs off of God, damn he gonna Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean when he came up with blin Blean, say that again, bling Blean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did y'all know that was gonna be an anthem because everybody started talking, Hey, bro, you need that blean.
Speaker 5: Wayne was making so many sound effects, you know.
Speaker 11: That was this trick to you know, I'll come in the studio talking stupid like look I'm about to man, I don't care what you got.
Speaker 3: I'm about to mess over you. Wayne come back with sound effects.
Speaker 11: So Wayne was always the one that killed me on the song Man but yeah, man, I didn't know bling bling was gonna be something not especially not a word in addiction. Right, Wayne was always creative, bro beyond I couldn't. I can't explain it, Bro, I can't explain it. And at the beginning, dude used to have me laughing the fact that he was so young and he was it was like an adult and a kid body.
Speaker 5: Some of the things he knew. I'm like, bro, how the hell you knew that? Amazing?
Speaker 12: Bro?
Speaker 5: Real smart too, real smart to real books, smart too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: If there was an artist right now that you can collaborate outside of me spit like that though, Oh yeah, I could rap it. Yeah like that you got around you want to hear?
Speaker 3: Oh no, we'll forget y'all.
Speaker 9: Anyway, If there was an artist you can collaborate today, who would it be?
Speaker 7: Right off top, off, off the top, somebody that's active right now, it's Gloriala.
Speaker 6: For a whole bunch of reasons.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good one for a whole bunch of reasons too.
Speaker 11: I just feel like Gloriala fit that whole hot girl thing that I've been talking about and we were talking about years ago, you know from the projects.
Speaker 5: She just feel like somebody is from the hood.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Glory, oh yeah, Glow Glow man let.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Julie.
Speaker 2: You remember your Tiny Desk that was a huge success, especially when you think, hey, when you hit that slow motion. Yeah, like when they called you to do Tiny Desk, did you have in your mind like, Okay, I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 3: I want to do this. But to do it the way you did it.
Speaker 2: I think that's what people like, Well, how rapper gonna go on tiny dess because there's normally people with R and B and slow songs and things like that. You brought it a rap and sung it in such a way people like, well, damn you aboy should have made it like this.
Speaker 11: Yeah. I didn't do it by myself though, And shout out to my guy shran Bone, Showt and John Baptiste and man in Fresh. They really helped me out. They really backed me up. I needed that New Orleans flavor with me. They all came in a four the Degrees band.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 5: They cut up too, man.
Speaker 11: But it was one of them things where I didn't even know what Tiny Desk was, you know, truthfully, And I made a statement pissed everybody all and start going at me on social media. I said, look, if I get ten thousand retweets, I go to you know, I'll come up there, perform on time and desk not knowing, not knowing. I have to pay for flights and all that, right, like damn, I ain't got no budget of them here, so yeah, we have to pay for it.
Speaker 5: I had to pay for everything. But it was all love, man, because the fans love it.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 2: You get an unbelievable job, ladies and gentlemen. Give it up for Louisiana's own New Orleans own.
Speaker 3: Ju what is playing? If I am to love y'all, that's that's op.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's the one man. Appreciate it. I'm gonna get you some of my looking to you.
Speaker 3: Bet all right, brother juvie, I'm so black, y'all do that. And now welcome to the stage. Shape Shape Media's new assign these humble baddies. He sh right down where we going, We're going tonight us up, We'll stop us up.
Speaker 7: Della, hey bell chiefs, hey baby, ye don't you you got you got speechless? All right, I'm just ask anyway. I want to know and I don't know how did Humble Baddies come about? How did it start?
Speaker 3: M Well, we used to have a podcast.
Speaker 13: Called Iron Woman, and a lot of people were asking when y'all gonna get back together. So I was talking to Ashley an Alectus and I was like, y'all we should do a podcast, and it was like okay, okay.
Speaker 9: And one day I just woke up.
Speaker 13: We were coming from l A and we were in the airport and I was like, let's think of some names, Ashley. So we were thinking of names and I was like, what do you think about Humble Baddies. She was like I like it, but didn't like it. Get Up Ladies was like I don't like that name. I was like, it's gonna grow on you. We got Humble Day and we just started.
Speaker 3: We went to.
Speaker 13: A podcast room, started filming stuff and here we are today.
Speaker 9: Is there anything that you ladies won't talk about?
Speaker 3: Or is everything?
Speaker 5: Agreen like every topic?
Speaker 3: We talk about everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll be talking about everything. Let me ass you guys, what is this your honest portrayals? What we see on waves to riches on Netflix? Is this the honest portrayal of you?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 14: I think it's part of us. It's definitely chatter truth. No, I'm saying because we gotta be real, like what you saw I stand on business. What I said is what I said. Okay, but it's not the whole story. And that's why we have our platform, Humble Battyes so that you guys can really get to know who we really are, our real thoughts. We can have real conversations, we can engage with y'all and you really see like where we come from. You get the background. You can't get the whole story in the two minute scenes. We filmed for hours, so you're not seeing like the full story. But that's why you gotta tap in and get the backstory on Humble Batties.
Speaker 3: So what we see on Humble Batties, this is who you guys really are, correct.
Speaker 13: With wax and riches, Reality TV have became scripted reality, right, So when you have people who new castmates, they have a story, right, And I know we got a lot of feedback, negative feedback saying oh, while you expose this person, their story needed to be told. So of course when you're dealing with producers and everything, it's scripted reality.
Speaker 3: It's unfortunate but.
Speaker 9: So you really don't want twenty five us in my nightcap?
Speaker 3: I really what don't want of my ninth club of sour.
Speaker 13: Our scene was playing chat and na be we be capping a lot, y'all.
Speaker 3: So how much did my lawyers say you five hundred thousand a year?
Speaker 6: That was it was.
Speaker 15: It was a battle of the lawyers with that scene. I think it's layers to everybody. And we are public figures and we show up as ourselves, but at the same time we are we have depth, we have families, we have businesses, and we heard for a season two so you can see that we are talented women and we have a voice.
Speaker 16: So we are just here to sprinkle a little bit of our essence on that.
Speaker 13: So and our main thing with Wags we want to show that. You know, most people think we want to change the narrative of what a wag is. A lot of people don't know that the women and girlfriends of athletes really have businesses, and a lot of people think that they brought their husband or their boyfriend coattail and that's not true, Like it's not highlighted a lot that these women have businesses, and that's what we wanted to show absolutely.
Speaker 3: What are some advice you give the women that's trying to start a business.
Speaker 14: I feel like you have to go for what you're passionate for, because if your heart isn't in it, then you're already, you know, losing. So just make sure that whatever it is, you know, you got to stick your mind to it and be passionate about it.
Speaker 3: Give it your all. You know, get up and do it.
Speaker 5: Don't just you know, say you're going to do something.
Speaker 3: Get up and do something.
Speaker 5: Every effort means something.
Speaker 3: I say.
Speaker 15: Surround yourself with people who are doing better than you. I say, also surround yourself with people who can you can learn from. I feel that if you are in a room with someone who is on a trajectory, you can tap in with them. So whether it's mentorship, where it's asking questions, I love to.
Speaker 9: Be in a room with someone that is doing beyond because I'm like.
Speaker 15: You know what, I'm in this room with them, so let you know what, I can be there too, and I listen to them, and I take heed to what they're saying, and I bring it to fruition and it happens. So I think it's really about who you set yourself with who you ask questions to and who you your mentors are.
Speaker 3: Did y'all? What are your goals?
Speaker 7: I asked rations for Humble Batties twenty twenty five. We all set goals before we go out and try to achieve something. So what are your goals for Humble Batties throughout the.
Speaker 3: Entirety of this year?
Speaker 13: Well, we signed under the Best, so cool, we signed under the Best podcast. Yes, we did media company, but we plan to be up there with Nightcap. And we need all y'all to subscribe to Humble Batties.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 13: We're giving away twenty five hundred dollars to a small business owner in the February. So if you are a small business and you're looking to take it to the next level or you want to start your business, we have guidelines. Follow up Humble Batty, subscribe and maybe a woman I like you.
Speaker 3: Give it up. Ladies and gentlemen, Humble Baddies, thank you, don't give me.
Speaker 13: Thank you for having us time share its time we sign.
Speaker 1: Thank you all.
Speaker 3: All right, ladies.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, here it's time for our last segment of today. It's time for Q and A.
Speaker 3: Q and a yep, Q and a Q and A what happened? I'm waiting they gotta come to the mic. Oh, hey, we we are. Hey, can y'all hear me? Where you all going tonight? Because I'm I'm gonna go? Can I go with mone of y'all? I'm going to bed. I gotta work tomorrow.
Speaker 17: I ain't got my name's top. When asked Carl Williams, oh, I got two questions. Yes, did pay you your fifty two hundred years?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: He ain't about to bake that. He ain't back the bait, James, I forget that. I forgot about that, and asked one of them change. I forgot about that. But why are you snitching?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 3: I don't have you brought it up? I got about that. Let me get one of the bracelet.
Speaker 17: Till you pay it a chain looked mighty nice man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I ain't eighty five.
Speaker 2: We'll give me one of the breaklest eighty five on ity you I'm gonna pay.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pay you. Tho, I'm gonna pay you. I' gonna pay. Hey, thank you for reminding me, because I forgot. Honestly, I ain't. I'm not I'm I forgot about the money.
Speaker 17: Oh my second question, if your grandmother and grandfather was a lie right.
Speaker 5: Now, how what you think they will tell you?
Speaker 6: And Sterland right now?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: My grandfather probably would say, Mary, I told you those boys were gonna be something, and my grandmother would probably just be shaking the head.
Speaker 8: Congratulations to y'all, man.
Speaker 3: Thank you, bro appreciation. What's all right?
Speaker 1: I got a questions that both of y'all play in the league.
Speaker 18: With the situation that happened night with Josh Allen winning, do you think the NFL should release the awards at the end of the season to prevent I feel like want they used the playoff for if you push to.
Speaker 3: Swing awards.
Speaker 18: So I feel like since Alan keeps losing to my homes, there was a way to give him something since he lost to my home, because that's the only person he can't beat them in Borough anybody else he played beat. So moving forward, since both of y'all played, would y'all rare to see the NFL use just the regular season and give the ward out at the end of the regular season?
Speaker 2: Vote the boats are the boats are? In the last game happens on Sunday. The boats have to be in Monday at Neton. So the playoffs don't have any impact on.
Speaker 6: Me at all.
Speaker 3: And they played, they played, they played games to that one. It's only the regular season. Now.
Speaker 2: Maybe what they start doing is that the fifty many women that vote, they'll probably make those votes public.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that'll work better, that'll work better.
Speaker 16: Hi, uncanocho my anxiety. I am a Louisiana native. I wanted to ask for ninety seconds on how to turn around the New Orleans Saints organization.
Speaker 3: A way I vote. I got I got it. I got a ninety seconds. You don't need you don't You don't even need ninety seconds for that. You don't need ninety seconds for that. You need a quarterback. I look at them, look at the commandos.
Speaker 7: The Commander's got a quarterback, the right quarterback, and turn their franchise around in less than a year.
Speaker 9: If the Saints get a quarterback, man, y'all gonna.
Speaker 3: Be straight now.
Speaker 2: Arch y'all a couple of years away from arts. But I think you get a quarterback, you gotta sell on the coach. It seems like killing Moore is gonna be your coach. It seems like he's the only one that really wanted this job. Because you're so much over the cap, you're gonna have to release some quality players. You're gonna have to do a really good job of drafting. But it all starts with the quarterback. Without that guy, you really if hard to win the National Football.
Speaker 3: League Spencer Spencer Raller thrank. You go ahead, ma'am.
Speaker 12: I just want to say, Hi, Shannon. I'm from Making, Georgia and I go to l s U and I also work for the football team as well. Yeah, a double who's for seven eight. I just want to say just thank you guys for being such an inspiration. I didn't have a question, but I just wanted to tell you, thank y'all. It's my dream of working football, and I believe that I've been able to do that because watching y'all and growing up seeing you. Ohow, I know i'm too you on just seeing your prime, but I did watch you highlights, so I guess I could count. I just want to just tell you guys, thank you, and just how much y'all mean to everyone and to me as far as just like seeing just two guys just from Florida, from Georgia, just go out and do great things.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 19: Hey, Shannon, yes, thank you for killing my Chiefs over the years. I appreciate that. I had a question for one for each of you. Uh it was Derek Thomas, really the real deal.
Speaker 3: I love the man.
Speaker 6: I loved him, and I just.
Speaker 19: Want to know from your perspective, was he as awesome as he looked on TV? And uh oho, I loved you. You're awesome. I didn't care for some of your press confers when you played the Chiefs. You were like, oh, I want to beat them that year if they were undefeated. Then you guys kicked and we went, okay, yeah, you kicked their ask. But anyways, t J Houshman's I drafted him a lot in fantasy. Was he really as awesome as I? You know, as a teammate? Was he an awesome stud receiver?
Speaker 3: That's what I thought he was? Yeah, he's really he was really good.
Speaker 7: Obviously, TJ and I played together at Oregon State and just so happened God put us together with Cincinnati and so that that connuity continued in that chemistry.
Speaker 3: He's he's he's one of the best you know at his position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought DT was better than what you saw television, the best pure pass Russia that I faced in my fourteen years.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, broo.
Speaker 2: So I want to ask, what is you guys biggest accomplishment individually outside of football.
Speaker 20: Oh that's a good one. Oh that's a good one. Oh my goodness, damn, that's a good one. I mean a part of I mean, I want to look.
Speaker 2: I think for me, my my biggest accomplishment is being able to provide for my family, because that's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, I love, I mean, I love thank you.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that you know what we what I've been able to build with Shad Shade Media, nightcap O Ho and I Club, shap Shade.
Speaker 3: Down, Humble, Batty Bubble Dub five twenty. But what is that? What is all that.
Speaker 2: Unless you really have something someone to share it with. So for that, for to be able to do, I think that's my biggest accomplishment. I've accomplished so much, but to be able to provide for my family and to know that everything is gonna be okay. They know everything's gonna be okay, because that's my responsibility to make sure, everything's okay.
Speaker 3: I think that's my greatest accomplishment. I think man Man.
Speaker 7: Would as will also have to have to be that. I was gonna say, you know, being a father is my greatest accomplishment, but I still have work to do in that area. I think we always continue to prove year and a year out. You're never perfect in that area. But being a provider and everyone understanding all two on eleven of my kids that you never have nothing to worry about, you know, and including those I had kids from and cruding the missus back there, you'll never have to worry another day in your life. So that'll probably be my biggest accomplishment.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 21: First, I don't really have a question, but I have courts. Ask Kennedy's daughter here with me. Just sign up for me, Courtney.
Speaker 9: Court what they do twin?
Speaker 3: Okay? So together?
Speaker 21: So yeah, So every time I watch all y'all shoulds right like every single one. It's some of the recap ones that I'm here, watched it. But I tell her every time you tell a story about tesz, so I wanted to know if she wanted me to ask if you could share a story with everybody tens and I came out together.
Speaker 2: He every time, it doesn't matter. You could go a month, you can go a year, you can go five years. But when you saw Teds, he always asked, may how your brother doing, How your mom doing, how your grandma doing? He was he was his size and you know, three hundred pounds, but he was. He was a great, great teammate. We made a lot of Pro Bowls together. Like I said, he we came out in the ninety class. We're both in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. But your dad was an unbelievable man.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 14: He was.
Speaker 2: I consider him a great friend because he was always so positive. I don't think I've ever seen him down. The only time I've seen him man, when I was on some of his teammates, He's like, come on, sharp, let that go. Nah, I ain't let go tests. But he was so great, And thank you for coming court. I really appreciate that. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Niggah, John, Hey, you got a question.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you what you are?
Speaker 3: It's telling I be a cousin Jermese. You gotta hold your think on. Oh yeah, what's yeah? I got you twin right right, run out and scroua now yeah, you ain't that no more?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: Why are you hating my bad?
Speaker 22: I'm sorry, Bory Bro. So, OK, I got two questions. I first question is serious. So, as a young black man in America, what's your advice? Like, how don't go through life pretty good off? But like, what's your advice?
Speaker 2: Well, you can't one. You can't change anything about your complexion. So you're gonna be black. Uh, but I tell you what you can do? Yes, sir Bro. At this point in time, nobody really cares.
Speaker 3: Bro. You're gonna have to work. You're gonna have to thrind. We can't.
Speaker 2: We can't use that as an excuse. Now I'm playing bro. It's to look, I got into this business. You do great work. People don't want to associate with you. It ain't got nothing to do. It ain't got nothing to do because I'm black. I ain't nobody. I ain't no ain't no hand down, I ain't no charity case. We work hard, and that's the one thing I always you know, I convey the old shoe. It's like, look, in order for us to get to where we want to get, we've got to work harder.
Speaker 3: And that's okay.
Speaker 2: I ain't got no problem with that because think about how hard it was for us to get to He's from Liberty City, I'm from Rule South, Georgia, and we all snd it all the way to the tops of our profession.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, if we did it one time, we can do it again. Facts. Facts. Life is a game, ojo. Life is a game.
Speaker 9: The better you learn to play it, the better off your beat.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 14: I like that.
Speaker 3: Oo Oo look look look read it from you. Oo. I can't read it. It's too far. Man, nigga, you making me get up and ship man. Nah, I did that what you're talking about?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: I said that?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, good. It's nice to meet you. Baby. You're good. Okay, all right, I'm sorry, guys.
Speaker 2: We gotta go. We gotta get to the back. We gotta do the VIP meat great. I am so sorry, guys. We gotta get going. Couse, we gotta cut off time. They're about to cut the lights off.
Speaker 3: Oh it's guys. Hollo.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys so much for coming out. It's going to go to our first stop in New Orleans. We greatly appreciate it.